• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Off Topic : Hooray on reaching 4000 replies on this thread...

On Topic : Wow, everything is looking great so far. I can't wait to see how the Accordion Thief is going to be implemented...Thor seems pretty good, the pictures for the alternate costumes have really helped.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
yo everyone umm ive nevr played chrono trigger before but im about to today....should I play it on "active" or "wait"?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yay! B&B unit appeared in Days of Tabuu! :)

But they were tropytized after only one battle! :(

Oh well, at least they got to wreck havoc upon Darcula.

The other two new SSEs also looked good. When MYM 4 shows up I might make one for that.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
BOMBASTIC BAG MAN.

Batman, unsure of this man's sanity, waves his hand in front of his face- then BAM! BBM smacks Batman hard across the face, it trophytizes him in the process. After Yoda revives Batman, him and his Students fight against BB, while he has TWO stocks. Defeat him, and he gains a little sanity and joins your group.
Oh, yes. :)

Bag-man suckerpunches Batman. PERFECT. :chuckle:

You are, now and forever, my hero.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lol yeah. I couldn't resist adding him to use that quote from Kitten Smitten.

I plan on making one last epic moveset before this contest ends. A s h i t a k a (it filters the name) (and maybe San) from Princess Mononoke (aka the best movie ever.)

Don't expect it to soon. I have an SSE and moveset ratings to do as well.

YES. Wow. Definately. Awesome, awesome movie. Yeah.

On another note, this thread is now 40% SSEs and discussion about them, 50% random spam*, and 10% movesets and comments on them. The poor judges are going to be going through page after page without seeing any movesets at all.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I'm thinking that someone should make a separate thread for the SSE updates and comments about them. Yes? No?

*Who doesn't like random spam? I'll tell you who. Baby rabbits, that's who.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
yo everyone umm ive nevr played chrono trigger before but im about to today....should I play it on "active" or "wait"?
I know what you SHOULD do...name the characters after MYMers. For extra lulz, name Magus "Thorn" and Lucca, Ayla, and Marle all after guys. Which you probably would anyway, seeing as I'm the only female MYMer (I think).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, I have added The Delicious One, Stanley Yelnats, Zelos Wilder, and Bombastic Bagman to my SSE. I'm also heavily tempted to add Mew, if I can find a role for him.

I will also include my Indiana Jones (cause of the epicness he will have in a specific boss fight, and Paula Polestar (cause if I went through with my story the way it is now, without her, I would get a ton of flaming). I am working on the first chapter, expect it up soon!

Here is my current lineup:

Good: They fight against the impending army from the start:
The Delicious One
Timon & Pumbaa
Thor
Ty Tasmanian
Leonardo
Paper Luigi
Indiana Jones
Bombastic Bag-Man
Stanley Yelnats
Paula Polestar

Neutral: These aren't as focused/concerned about helping, and may even challenge you if you piss them off enough:
Squeak Squad
Tiggah
Andy's Toys
Waddle Doo
Drake & Josh
Team Big Shots
Zelos Wilder

Evil: They work against you, and may be latecomers to your team, or might have to join by force:
Bowser's Minions
Gruntilda Winkybunion
Grim Reaper
Dry Bones
Enker
King K.Rool
Nightmare
Cervantes
Dracula

Any more suggestions are welcome, as this is not even close to the final lineup.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman

The Delicious One
Timon & Pumbaa
Thor
Ty Tasmanian
Leonardo
Paper Luigi
Indiana Jones
Bombastic Bag-Man
Stanley Yelnats
Paula Polestar
T-t-t-TWO IvoryFlame movesets! You are tied with Smashbot as my personal hero!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
First of all, congratulations. You are about to play one of the greatest games of all time.

I'd play on "Wait" your first time through. Heck, I still play on "Wait." The way the battle system works is that your characters' speed determines how fast they'll recuperate from using a move and be able to use another one. Once someone's able to use a move, you'll get options to attack, use techs (abilities and magic), or use items. Once you pick one of those with a character, if you're on "Wait," enemies can't attack you until you perform the action you select, though you're still vulnerable while selecting "Attack," "Tech," or "Item." On "Active," they can always attack. Basically, I'd use "Wait," simply because it's easier and that selection freedom will be your best friend on so many levels.

But that's just one man's opinion.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So I've actually started my SSE up and it has already shown Gibari's role, yet I am not worshipped as the incarnate of awesome by TwilitHero? For shame. Especially when Leonardo is yet to be included. I've also still yet to include Joe Perry and Ty. But I've still gotta finish my rental for now. I'm on chapter 4-4, to give anybody who's actually played the game an idea of where I am.

Wootage for Bkupa's future SSE. I'm also looking forward to Spadefox's, if only to see how he'll do a M rated Smash Bros. SPOILERS:
The final boss of Bkupa's SSE is Giygas due to him having to include Paula. I know, I had to do the same thing in my other SSE.

Do you really think the mods would be okay with giving us TWO threads? They refuse to give the SSB4 Discussion more then a mere thread even though it's by far the most active topic on Smashboards, and this one is probably a solid #2. Requests by SSB4 thread inhabiters have been in vain, as they're still stuck with one topic. I doubt we'll get a second one any time soon if they can't get one.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
YES. Wow. Definately. Awesome, awesome movie. Yeah.

On another note, this thread is now 40% SSEs and discussion about them, 50% random spam*, and 10% movesets and comments on them. The poor judges are going to be going through page after page without seeing any movesets at all.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I'm thinking that someone should make a separate thread for the SSE updates and comments about them. Yes? No?

*Who doesn't like random spam? I'll tell you who. Baby rabbits, that's who.
Actually I love it when pages don't have movesets. I usually grade 5 pages a day... and getting a page or two off once in a while is a pretty epic win.

I'm going to have to work out villain recruitment scenes somewhere over the course of my SSE. Tabuu is going to get the Black Knight, Sauron, Mewtwo, Nightmare and others to become his generals.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
When are the entries going to be closed? Because the topic will go on forever if it isn't stopped.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
How is this bad?
Because they'll need to commence the voting sometime.

I propose that after this month, the contest closes for the entry phase only, giving the judges ample time to rate all of the movesets. Then the final voting can commence and MYM 3.0 can be closed.

MYM 4.0 will be started soon after and we get a nice fresh start.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
When are the entries going to be closed? Because the topic will go on forever if it isn't stopped.
Lol, that's a good thing.

By the way, I just finished my first moveset, Drizzt Do'Urden. It's on page 213, and I would really appreciate some comments.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Well, if MYM 3.0 closes, that's not going to stop me from creating movesets. I'll end up just posting them as soon as MYM 4.0 opens. That period inbetween mym 3.0 and 4.0 is just another month where I can't visit this topic and hang out with you all. Really, I wouldn't of gotten so hooked on these forums if not for this topic. The rest of the website is bland and discourages creativity outside of the creative minds forum which nobody visits.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well, if MYM 3.0 closes, that's not going to stop me from creating movesets. I'll end up just posting them as soon as MYM 4.0 opens. That period inbetween mym 3.0 and 4.0 is just another month where I can't visit this topic and hang out with you all. Really, I wouldn't of gotten so hooked on these forums if not for this topic. The rest of the website is bland and discourages creativity outside of the creative minds forum which nobody visits.
LOL, I plan on doing the exact same thing when MYM 3 closes, make move sets that I can post up as soon as MYM 4 begins.

And I know what you mean when you say that this is what got you hooked on these forums, this is probably my favorite thread so far as well. This must be one of the few message board threads in history in which everyone gets along. :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
D:

No Spadefox Creations? ;-;
Which of your creations would you like me to add? You may have up to 3 requests.

Iago and Zazu

The new managers of the Enchanted Tiki Room; Zazu, the proper hornbill majordomo of the Pride Lands, and Iago, the wisecracking parrot sidekick to Aladdin (and previously Jafar) have joined the Brawl!

Iago

STATS

Power: 5/10: Iago has average power in most of his attacks.

Walking Speed: 3.5/10: Iago has below average walking speed.

Dashing Speed: 6.5/10: Above average, Iago is a decent runner.

Weight: 4/10: Below average, Iago can't stand up to much damage, but he can last longer than some other lightweights.

Range: 4/10: Iago's attacks are mainly closer ranged.

Projectile Distance: 6/10: Because he doesn't want to hold onto his projectile, Iago can throw it an above average distance.

Attack Speed: 7/10: Iago generally attacks with decent, above average speed.

Priority: 4.5/10: Barely below average, Iago doesn't have the best priority, but it is still enough to use well.

Size: 4/10: Around the size of Diddy Kong, but slightly shorter, Iago is a small target, and is still resized from his canon appearance.

First Jump: 3/10: A small, below average jump, Iago has little control horizontally, but can use this jump to get airborne quickly.

Second, Third, and Fourth Jump: 2.5/10: Iago has three jumps in the air. For each one, he gets a low distance, but good control horizontally and vertically.

Fall Speed: 3.5/10: Iago is a moderately floaty character.

Recovery: 7/10: With great jumping, but a somewhat gimpable recovery, Iago's recovery as a whole is above average.

Crouch: 4/10: Iago's crouching pose moves him lower to the ground, but doesn't give him much protection to attacks.

Traction: 5/10: Average, Iago's footing while dashing is somewhat lacking, but is bearable.

Comboability: 7/10: Overall, Iago has a great mix of combo and kill moves.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawl: Yes

Glide: Yes

Tether: Yes

ANIMATIONS

Entrance: Iago simply soars down from the sky, landing on the stage ungracefully, landing on his behind. With a squawk, he hops to his feet and puts up his fists.

Walking: Iago simply strolls forward at a quick pace, a slightly uncertain look on his face.

Running: Iago pumps his wings as he jogs forward even faster.

Dashing: Like the other winged characters, Iago flies when he dashes, flapping his wings rapidly, while staying close to the ground.

Jump #1: Iago squawks and pushes off the ground with both talons.

Jumps #2, #3, and #4: Iago flaps heavily, a few red feathers falling out. When he uses his fourth jump, he pants heavily as he flaps up.

Crouching: Iago lies backwards and reclines on a gem-encrusted palace pillow, eating a bunch of grapes. The pillow and grapes vanish if he is attacked out of this pose. Consider it another taunt, as it isn't very good for dodging attacks.

Crawling: Iago bends his back low to the ground and tiptoes forward quietly, looking around sneakily.

Gliding: Iago flaps his wings normally, losing a few red feathers in the process. This glide is fast, but lacks vertical control.

Idle Animation: Iago stands defiantly, peering around the stage uninterestedly. If left alone for too long, he folds his wings impatiently, taps his foot at the screen, and yells out, "What are you waitin' for? Get on with it!"

Forward Roll: Iago darts forward in a cowardly manner, and turns around after reaching maximum roll range.

Backward Roll: Iago gets down on his butt and crawls rapidly backwards, pushing himself along with his feet and wings, hopping to his feet after reaching maximum range.

Spot Dodge: Iago jumps into the background with both feet, flapping slightly and losing a few feathers, before hopping back.

Air Dodge: Iago pulls his limbs closer to his body and spins around comically.

Shield: Iago rests in a simple bird cage. The cage vanishes when Iago rolls, dodges, or when it is broken. When it is attacked, the cage bars bend ominously.

Tripped: Iago flips and collapses comically on his arse, his facial expression contorting in shock.

Dizzy: Iago stumbles around dizzily, losing a few red feathers in the process, moaning.

Sleeping: Iago leans backwards on the same jeweled pillow from his crouching pose and dozes off, snoring.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Loony Lamp: Out of nowhere, Iago takes Jafar's black genie lamp and places it on the ground at his feet. The lamp lies on the stage like a regular item. Characters can pick it up and throw it at each other for 5-6% and low knockback. Iago, however, can also use the B Button to make the lamp perform various effects, from anywhere on the stage. The lamp lasts for 15 seconds, unless it is thrown away, and after one use, Iago must wait 15 more seconds before using it again. The lamp can perform one of three attacks. It is best to see which effect will benefit Iago the most in his current situation, and use it if possible.

The first effect is not an attack, as much, as it is a distraction. Like in the regular Jafar moveset, the lamp spews out a cloud of purple smoke, obscuring the area of half of Battlefield in front of you for 10 seconds. This is triggered by tapping the B Button to release the cloud. This can be helpful for obscuring characters or yourself, to plan tricky attacks, although you can still see the basic outline of obscured characters.

The second effect is a projectile attack. By tapping B + Side B, Iago makes the lamp shoot a small stream of fire (the size of Falco's lasers), dealing 8% and low knockback. The stream travels about as far as Wolf's laser. Iago can fire one every five seconds out of the lamp. These are effective projectiles, but are not spammable. Use them to build damage on foes; this is their best use, as they aren't a good kill move. The stream is slightly slower than any laser, so foes can dodge them without much hassle, although in a FFA, using this on multiple foes will be almost sure to land you a hit.

The final effect of the lamp is triggered by pressing B + Down B. The lamp will shapeshift into a miniature Snake Staff, like the one Jafar uses. It stays there for the remainder of the lamp's fifteen seconds. If a foe is caught directly in front of it, closer than one character, they will be stunned there, hypnotized by the serpent head of the staff. Characters stay stunned longer if they have higher damage. The staff inflicts no damage, however. The staff can be picked up and thrown away, or at enemies for the same damage and knockback as the normal lamp. However, only Iago can pick it up from the front without being hypnotized. Other characters must pick it up from the air or the back. Overall, this can be the most effective if you want to build a lot of damage while the foe is stunned, but you'll have to trick them into falling into its range. A competent opponent will rarely fall victim to this.

Side Special: Cracker Craze: In the original Aladdin, Iago hated nothing more than the Sultan cramming cracker after cracker down his gullet. Here, he takes one of the crackers he so despises and hurls them at foes in a rage. Throwing one cracker takes about .5 second as Iago reaches back and hurls it with a squawk. There is a pattern to knockback as to the crackers he throws. The first cracker that hits a foe will stun them slightly in place and deal 7%. This cracker has a 33% chance of tripping the foe as well. The next cracker that hits a foe will deal 5% and below average knockback. Because of this, Iago should always aim to hit a foe with two consecutive crackers, so as to avoid being punished after throwing the first cracker. The crackers fly a distance slightly shorter than King Dedede's Waddle Dees, but they disappear if they hit the ground, rather than sliding. Overall, this is a good projectile if you don't spam it and pay the price for the slight startup and ending lag it has.

Up Special: Planted Pot Plot: A wooden sea saw appears below Iago, with the raised end under the parrot, while a palm tree in a pot rests on the lower end. Iago stops falling in midair when he uses this move, but it can have slight horizontal momentum if Iago uses it after running and jumping. Iago gets an angry look on his face, says, "Mess with this bird, huh?", and slams his butt down on the raised end. This causes the potted plant to fly up a very slight bit, dealing 14-15% and good knockback to close range foes who hit it. When the pot comes back down, it launches Iago (who is seated on the other end) into the air for a recovery. The seesaw and plant vanish after launching Iago. Iago flies up slightly less than Sonic does with his Up Special, but Iago has much better control of this move, as he can control himself much more easily while soaring, due to not spinning around. If used on the ground, the pot can be used to launch foes vertically. However, the best use is simply for recovery. Iago uses this move in Return of Jafar to launch some murderous street thieves away from Aladdin and co.

Down Special: Bye Bye Birdie: Out of nowhere, a wooden Tiki idol appears on the stage, with a platform extending from two sides of the idol. One side is behind Iago, the other is unseen on the other side of the idol. Iago hops into a bird cage, which materializes on the platform behind him. As soon as he's in, the idol starts chanting, "Uh-Oa!", and spins around to show the other side of the idol, with the other previously unseen platform. On this platform, perched on a log, is Zazu, who hops off with a proud pose, as the idol vanishes in a flash of red light. You are now playing as Zazu. This switch takes a bit longer than switching between Zelda and Shiek did in Melee. You must switch while grounded, otherwise nothing happens. You can swap to remain invincible to bosses for a brief period, although if you spam the swap more than 10 times in 25 seconds, the idol will be angered, and will deal 10% of knockbackless damage to your character. The only way to stop this is to not swap for 30 more seconds after the curse starts. This does not apply to when your bird is KOed. When this happens, you automatically switch to the other bird.

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo, Hit #1: Parrot Punch: Iago leans forward slightly and swings his wing at foes, balled into a fist, yelling out, “BAM!” This has virtually no startup lag and okay priority. Although it does no knockback, it is not supposed to, as it is only the first hit of Iago’s basic combo. This deals 3% to foes.

Basic Combo, Hit #2: Parrot Peck: After punching, Iago leans back slightly and jams his large beak down to the ground, yelling out, “WHACK!” This has a small bit of startup lag, as Iago leans back before pecking. There is also slight ending lag, as Iago holds his beak to the ground for a brief period. However, the priority is pretty good for a basic hit. The knockback is slightly below average. This deals 2% to foes alone and 5% with the first hit.

Dash Attack: False Flamingo: Iago hops up onto a small pair of stilts, while donning a fake flamingo beak. He used this disguise to sneak into the Palace and steal the lamp in the original Aladdin. Here, he simply dashes forward using the stilts, chuckling sneakily to himself. Although he steps forward multiple times before hopping off the stilts (which vanish), this move only deals two hits; one light one to trap foes, then one stronger one to knock them away. Although this is a good dash attack to use trickily, its priority is rather low. The range is fairly close as well, with a hitbox on the stilts. The second hit deals decent knockback. The first hit deals 2% while the second hit deals 5%, for a total of 7%.

TILTS

Forward Tilt: Talon Dance: Just like he does in this song he sings, Iago spreads his wings and starts doing a simple line dance, kicking his feet out with a grin on his face. There are two hitboxes on this move. The first is on his wings as he first spreads them. This deals 6% and low knockback to foes. The second hitbox are on his feet as he dances. These deal 4% and better knockback with each kick. Iago dances fairly quickly, and has little startup or ending lag. The only downfalls to the move are its shorter range (although not too short) and its negligible priority. Used correctly, this can easily build damage on foes.

Down Tilt: Pillow Bash: Iago’s crouching pose is lazing on a jeweled pillow, eating grapes. Here, he immediately hops off, while pulling the pillow out from under himself, then swings it forward angrily. The pillow has below average range, but good priority due to the hard jewels on it. This move is slightly similar to Peach’s down tilt when it comes to startup and ending lag. If you hold the crouching pose after using the move, Iago will casually hop right back on after using the move. This does average vertical knockback, and deals 6-7% to foes.

Up Tilt: Feather Tickle: Iago takes a single red feather and holds it above his head, tickling it back and forth. This does three rapid hits to foes. The first two hits trap the foe, while the last one does low knockback. This is great for building damage, especially if there is a platform above Iago, but it can't juggle that well. The range is decent, but the priority is not great, because of the flimsy feather. This is a good combo move to build damage with, especially on larger foes who will get hit with all three hits. The hits deal 2%, 2%, and 3%, for a maximum of 7%.

SMASHES

Forward Smash: Watermelon Mash: Out of nowhere, Iago takes a standard marketplace watermelon and holds it above his head while charging. When he releases, he slams it down in front of him with a grunt, shattering the watermelon in a juicy explosion. This is Iago's main killing move, as his other Smashes have other various effects in place of knockback. There is little startup lag, and a good amount ending (about the same as Marth's F-Smash). The priority of the melon is above average, as is the knockback. The range is similar to that of Mario's F-Smash, except you can't angle the hitbox. This Smash deals 9-18% to foes.

Down Smash: Hypnotic Ruby: From behind his back, Iago takes a giant red ruby and holds it in front of him, eying it greedily. Anyone who hits the ruby takes 10% and below average knockback, no matter the charge. However, grounded foes on either side of Iago are stunned, as if by Zamus' Plasma Beam, due to the precious gem. The ruby shines red light where foes are stunned. The range is shorter than Zamus' D-Smash, but this stuns foes on either side of Iago. The priority is low, but foes are stunned longer the more damage they have. Foes who are stunned take a minute 5-9%. This Smash deals no knockback unless you hit the red ruby, but Iago can punish foes after they are stunned, making this a useful Smash to have.

Up Smash: Mystic Staff: Iago takes the staff of the Oracle from King of Thieves and holds it above his head, saying, "Who would want this thing?" Upon release, the oracle comes out, shrunken down to the size of Luigi, and says, "One question...one answer." The oracle deals from below average to above average knockback depending on the charge. It also has decent range and priority. The catch? It merely shocks the foe, dealing no damage at all. The foe is hit as if they had a Cloaking Device in Melee; they take the knockback they have with their damage level, but receive no additional damage. This is not a bad move, and is a decent killer for Iago, but it just doesn't deal damage, so you'll have to follow your foes up with some aerials after hitting them with this if you want to damage them.

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial: Hammerhead: Iago takes his construction hammer from the Tiki Room picture at the top of this post and holds it above his head in a comic pose before stowing it. This hits similarly to a sex kick, in one solid vertical hit. The priority is below average, as is the range, though. This is a good aerial to hit foes out of a combo with, and can be used to KO foes with high damage levels. This move deals 7-8% to foes.

Forward Aerial: Scimitar Slash: In his talons, Iago takes a simple scimitar, the kind Aladdin used in his battle against Jafar, and slashes it forward. He first holds the sword down, then swings it up, dealing average vertical knockback. Like Marth's moves, there is a sweetspot for knockback on the tip of the sword. The priority and range is average. This move is great for using in combos, but its killing power can be SDed from fairly easily. It deals 9% to foes.

Back Air: Branch Batter: Iago takes a simple wooden branch in his wings, holds it like a baseball bat, and swings it backwards twice. He used this to try and free Genie from his prison in Return of Jafar. The first hit deals no knockback, while the second hits foes away lightly. The priority is low, but the range is average. Because of the low knockback, this cannot be used to KO well, but can be effective in Wall of Pains. The first hit deals 3%, while the second hit deals 4%, for a maximum of 7%.

Up Air: Raining Gold: Iago takes a handful of golden coins and throws them above his head comically. This move deals up to seven multiple hits, due to the many raining coins, which stay out for a second before vanishing, although they only hit as they appear. This move does below average vertical knockback on the last hit, as the other six hits just trap foes. The priority here is low, but the range is above average. Overall, this is a good move for comboing, but little else. This move can deal from 1-11% to foes.

Down Air: Crystal Crash: Iago cries out, "Look out below!" and drops a crystal ball beneath him. The crystal ball falls for the length of one Stage Builder block downwards before vanishing, shattering if it hits the ground or a character. Iago can only have one ball out at a time. Characters who hit the bottom of the ball get spiked with average power; otherwise they get below average horizontal knockback. The priority for this move is good, but the range is fairly close. This is a good way to finish combos off the edge with a spike. Iago can also fly over offstage foes with multiple jumps and drop a ball on them to spike them as they try to recover. Overall, this may be his most useful Aerial. The ball deals 8% to foes.

OTHER ATTACKS

Downed Attack: Cracker Chomp: Iago angrily faces the screen, extending his neck slightly, and chomps down hard. This is quite close range, but deals decent knockback for a minor attack. This deals 5% to foes.

Flipped Attack: Kick of Doom: Iago thrusts a leg forward as he hops to his feet. This has low range and knockback, and deals 4% to foes. This is similar to when Iago kicked Jafar's jamp into lava to destroy him.

Tripped Attack: Talon Splits: From his tripped position, Iago squawks and extends both legs in a splits pose, kicking foes away on either side of him before hopping to his feet. This has low range, but does decent knockback and 3-6% to foes.

Glide Attack: Angry Lurch: Iago squawks angrily and leans his entire body forward, pecking and snatching with his talons at the same time. This is a close ranged attack, but deals average knockback. This is a quick move to cancel a glide with. It deals 6-7% to foes.

Ledge Attack: Fish Slap: Iago takes a standard marketplace fish and swings it in front of him as he jumps onto the stage. This has below average range and knockback. It deals 5% to foes. Iago tosses the fish lazily over his shoulder after swinging it, where it vanishes.

Ledge Attack (over 100%): Brow Wipe: Iago struggles onto the stage, waving his legs, then wipes his brow when he recovers with a "Phew!" This is close range and does quite low knockback. It also only deals 3% to foes.

GRAB AND THROWS

Grab: Necklace Nab: Iago pulls out a golden necklace and tosses it forward, chuckling, then yanks it quickly back in. This is a tether recovery for Iago. This grab is a lot quicker than several of the other tether recovery grabs, only having the ending lag of a normal grab. However, due to the necklace being rather fragile, this grab is slightly easier to escape from than other grabs. If Iago connects with a foe, the necklace loops around their neck and he reels them in. Otherwise, he pulls it in and stows it.

Grab Attack: Scimitar Slash: Iago takes the same scimitar from his F-Air and slashes it cleanly against the victim's neck. This is a fairly quick Grab Attack, and can be used multiple times in a row rapidly. It deals 2% to the victim.

Forward Throw: Candle Crash: Just like he did when defending his treasure in King of Thieves, Iago takes a golden candle and swings it like a baseball bat, the golden plate that serves as the candle's base flying off like a frisbee and shattering on the foe. This deals the most knockback of Iago's throws, but has slight ending lag as Iago recovers from the swing, leaving the foe able to retaliate with a quick Aerial. This throw deals 7% to foes.

Back Throw: Cracker Cram: Iago yells to the foe, "Here, have lots of crackers!", as he takes a handful (wingful?) of them and crams them into the foe's protesting mouth. This deals a rather damaging 10% to the victim, but it only trips them in place. This can be good or bad; a quick victim can hit Iago with a quick Tripped Attack, but a quick Iago can combo the victim out of the trip.

Down Throw: Questioning Squawk: Iago grabs the foe by the face, pulls the foe close to his own face, and squawks out, "Ya got a problem with that?!" before tossing them away. This knocks the victim lightly horizontally, dealing rather low knockback, but enough to keep Iago safe from retaliation. This throw deals 5% to foes.

Up Throw: Talon Drop: Iago squawks, grabs the victim in his talons and lifts them up a bit, then drops them to the ground. This is essentially a weaker version of the Up Throws of R.O.B., Kirby, and Meta Knight. Iago is also vulnerable for a split second prior to the attack, so this is not the best of his throws by any means. It deals 6% to foes.

FINAL SMASH

The Revenge of Jafar: Iago takes out Jafar's black genie lamp, rubbing it greedily. Genie Jafar emerges with an evil echoing, "At last...I am all-powerful!", while Iago taunts his foes by saying, "Ladies and gentlemen...a warm Agrabah welcome for Genie Jafar!", before flying out of sight. You are now in control of Jafar in his monstrous red form. He has several powerful attacks at his disposal. He is about the size of Giga Bowser, yet slightly thinner and slightly taller. One catch to this Final Smash is the fact that Genie Jafar's lamp can be attacked. The lamp has 50 HP. If the HP is drained, Genie Jafar is pulled back into the lamp, screaming, "NOOOOOO!", pulling Iago out of the sky, where he lands alongside the lamp and kicks it away angrily, you playing as him again. Be sure to defend your lamp!

By pressing the B Button alone, Genie Jafar raises his arms to the sky, causing a single pirate ship, loaded with treasure, to fall from the middle of the screen, landing on the stage with a crash before vanishing in a spark of gold. The ship is approximately the size of three-fifths of Final Destination, and the height of two Ganondorfs. Any foe who is crushed by the falling ship takes 25% and heavy knockback. Genie Jafar can only use this attack three times while he is out.

By pressing the A Button, an angleable beam of hypnotizing yellow light is fired from Genie Jafar's eyes, going all the way to the ground. Foes who hit the beam of light take 10% and are stunned in place for 2 seconds, leaving them open to other attacks. This attack is quite spammable, so use it often to leave foes open to some more powerful attacks.

By pressing Down and B, two serpents erupt out of Jafar's lamp, and proceed to follow foes around with the same AI of normal Jafar's Orphidians. However, these snakes are buffed to having 30 HP. These snakes attack by striking foes for 15% and good knockback, or by coiling around them and squeezing for continuous damage, about 3-4% per second, until the foe escapes by button mashing. These snakes last 10 seconds. Only two snakes can be out at once.

Finally, by pressing the B Button and smashing the Control Stick down (like a Smash Attack), Jafar slams his massive fists to the ground, causing an earthquake to occur on either side of him. This is Jafar's most damaging attack by far, dealing 20% and high knockback to foes who hit his fists, and 12-18% to the foes who hit the earthquake. The ground affected rises about three-fourths of Ganondorf's height up, and travels about half of Final Destination at the speed of Meta Knight's dashing speed. Foes unfortunate enough to get hit by this take high vertical knockback, so be sure to use this as your finisher after damaging foes with other attacks.

Genie Jafar stays out for twenty seconds, Iago flies back in, with a bored expression on his face. He lands alongside the lamp and rubs it, saying obnoxiously, "Ya know what? You're nothing without me!" Genie Jafar is pulled back in, yelling out, "TREACHEROUS PARROT!" Iago carelessly tosses the lamp away, saying, "Jerk!" to himself, and you commence controlling him again.

TAUNTS AND VICTORY / LOSS POSES

Up Taunt: Iago takes a watermelon and holds it in one wing threateningly, and yells out, "I got more where that came from!"

Side Taunt: Iago pimps himself out in stolen marketplace bling, wearing a miniature version of the Sultan's feathered hat, as well as a golden necklace and several multicolored jeweled rings. He then turns to face the screen, grinning a wide grin and posing.

Down Taunt: Iago sits, floating in the air, and waves in front of him, calling out tauntingly, "Good-bye! See ya!"

Air Taunt: This taunt is performed by using any taunt input while airborne. Iago leans forward, his beak enlarging slightly, and yells out, "Hey you! SHUT UUUUUUUUP!!" Truly hilarious to use after KOing a foe.

Victory Pose #1: Iago is seen fluttering over a brick well, holding Jafar's black genie lamp in his talons. He drops the lamp into the well, abandoning it along with his previous troubles, then sings out, "From here on in, I'm looking out for me." He then flies offscreen.

Victory Pose #2: Iago sits, grinning in a mountain of gold and jewels, casually saying to himself, "Live a life of leisure, counting all your treasure!"

Victory Pose #3: Iago sits on the jeweled pillow from his crouching pose, eating various fruits from a jeweled bowl, and saying in a relaxed voice, "Being one of the good guys has its advantages."

Victory Theme: A clip from the main Aladdin theme, Arabian Nights.

Loss Pose: Iago claps angrily, losing several red and blue feathers in the process, and commenting to himself, "Look at this! I'm so ticked off, I'm molting!"

OTHER

Icon: The main Aladdin icon, the lamp of the Genie.

Wiimote Sound: Iago yells out, "Look at all these presents!"

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Iago's big beak and some red feathers on his head.

Colors:

Standard
Blue
Green
Purple
Yellow
Black

CODEC CONVERSATION

Snake: Otacon! There's a loud-mouthed red parrot on the battlefield!

Otacon: You must be fighting Iago.

Snake: Is this some kind of joke?

Otacon: He may not look like much, but he loves trickery and treachery. He uses these traits to take on many different situations.

Snake: He's not the only one with trickery. Good birdie...polly want a little...

Iago: Say cracker and I LET YOU HAVE IT ON PRINCIPLE!

Otacon: *sigh*

ASSIST TROPHY

Cassim: Aladdin's long-lost father, and ex-King of the Forty Thieves. At the end of King of Thieves, Iago decides to run off with Cassim (who is wanted dead or alive), due to not wanting to stay for the mushy stuff after Aladdin's wedding.

Here, Cassim appears on top of his dark horse. He then proceeds to ride around the stage, trampling foes in his path for about 15% each hit. After 10 seconds of this, he will jump off the horse (which vanishes), and pull out the mythical Hand of Midas, carefully holding it by the handle, not the hand itself, which turns anything it touches to gold. He then throws it forward at whatever is in front of him. The Hand flies like a standard item, vanishing when it hits the ground. If any foes hit it, however, they turn into a golden statue. Foes who are statues need to take 30% before they can be broken out, although they can button mash to lessen this time slightly. Foes take no knockback from the Hand, but it is an easy way to build damage, and if it hits a foe who is offstage, it is all but certain death for them. Cassim appears rarely as an Assist Trophy.

STAGE

Palace of Agrabah: This is the palace of the Sultan and the Princess in all three Aladdin movies. Here, you fight on a balcony of the vast palace. The balcony is about the size of the Melee Final Destination (which is larger than the Brawl reincarnation), but with slightly raised edges, where the railing is. This means that characters can slide up the edge without fear of getting caught under a ledge. However, this stage is not without a few hazards in the hectic palace.

Occasionally, a generic thief will run across the stage, carrying an armful of treasure, which drops in small quantities. This increases the likelihood of tripping in that area for five seconds, before the treasure vanishes. A few seconds later, several Palace Guards, led by the Captain, run across the stage after the thief, yelling, "STOP, THIEF!" The guards attack as they pass by at your intruding characters with several sword slashes, dealing about 10-15% each. However, they run rather quickly away, and can be attacked to make them flinch and not attack as they pass, like King Bulbin on Bridge of Eldin.

Also, occasionally, Rajah, the pet tiger of the Princess, will curiously investigate the characters, by grabbing a single character with a pounce and sniffing/licking them. While this deals no damage, the grabbed character is vulnerable to attacks for several seconds until Rajah releases him/her, or they button mash away. Take advantage of grabbed foes during this time period. Rajah cannot be attacked, and stays out for several seconds before prowling away.

MUSIC

Arabian Nights
One Jump Ahead
Friend Like Me
Prince Ali
A Whole New World

PLAY-STYLE

The first thing a player may notice while picking up Iago is a fairly average balance of power and speed. Most of Iago's attacks are centered around trickery through comedic props. Iago likes 'tricky', and has mastered the art of deception. By using all aspects of his moves, he can be a feathered mastermind in the hands of skilled players.

It's best to keep out Jafar's lamp with his Neutral Special at all times possible. The ability to stun and zap foes, as well as obscure Iago's movements, can really benefit him in different situations. Using crackers to build damage and keep foes at bay is also helpful in many situations. Iago can use his Up Special for recovery if necessary, but it can be gimped fairly easily, and Iago can usually recover without it. Very rarely, if ever, should it be used to attack foes.

Iago's basic attacks and tilts are excellent for damage building, but lack KO potential. Use them frequently to combo and manipulate your opponent. Because of their low KO potential, Iago must rely mainly on Smashes to KO foes. However, his F-Smash is the only main damage dealer. His F-Smash and U-Smash do decent knockback, while his D-Smash stuns foes, but U-Smash deals no damage, while D-Smash deals damage, but only stuns foes. Iago must combo foes out of most Smashes to KO them, unless they have high damage. Iago's aerials can be helpful here. They are also helpful for dealing damage. Grabbing is another fair option to mess around with foes, but be sure to plan your throws and attacks carefully, as foes can escape from Iago's necklace with relative ease. Overall, Iago is a great character in the hands of a smart player, but without a brain behind the bird, players may be at a slight loss when playing Iago.

Zazu

STATS

Power: 3.5/10: One of the weaker characters in the game, Zazu doesn't have much killing power at all in a good deal of his attacks.

Walking Speed: 5/10: Zazu has an average pace when walking.

Dashing Speed: 8.5/10: Zazu is definitely a speedy character, with a great dashing speed.

Weight: 2.5/10: Zazu is down there with Jigglypuff and Mr. Game & Watch in terms of weight. In other words, he's light as a feather.

Range: 4/10: Although his hitboxes are extended slightly from his small frame, Zazu still hits mainly at close range.

Projectile Distance: 8/10: Zazu has little initial distance on his projectile, but the projectile itself will 'wander' around if not attacked, so it can cover great distances.

Attack Speed: 9/10: Zazu is one of the faster characters in the game to make up for his low weight and power.

Priority: 3.5/10: Although his priority is rather low, Zazu can keep up a barrage of attacks to cut through those of opponents.

Size: 2.5/10: One of the smaller characters in the game, Zazu is a rather small target to hit, being around the size of Squirtle.

First Jump: 2.5/10: Zazu's first jump boosts him a small distance off the ground very quickly.

Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Jump: 2/10: Zazu can jump multiple times in a very regal and controlled manner, having less distance, but one jump more overall than Iago, a less majestic bird.

Fall Speed: 1.5/10: Zazu is an extremely floaty character, enough so that players may experience the feeling of lower gravity when playing Zazu.

Recovery: 8.5/10: Although Zazu has somewhat penetrable defense when airborne, he has four aerial jumps, an excellent glide, and a decent recovery move, making it difficult to block him from the stage. Although being a light character gives him all the more reason to need this recovery.

Crouch: 8/10: Zazu bends forward to the ground, spreading his wings slightly. This brings him very low to the ground.

Traction: 7/10: Although he is very stable when dashing, his nervousness can trip him up sometimes.

Comboability: 8.5/10: Zazu can easily follow opponents around and spray them with a flurry of attacks.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawl: Yes

Glide: Yes

Tether: No

ANIMATIONS

Entrance: Rather than crashing in like Iago, Zazu peacefully and gracefully soars in, looping around in an airborne circle before landing with a flutter.

Walking: Zazu struts forward proudly, going at an average speed.

Running: Zazu spreads his wings and begins gliding forward quickly.

Dashing: Zazu strains slightly as he glides faster.

Jump #1: Zazu flaps his wings lightly to gain a small, rapid boost into the air.

Jumps #2, #3, #4, and #5: Zazu flutters in place again, but with a royal style, gaining a bit more aerial distance.

Crouching: Zazu spreads his wings slightly and bends forward, getting low to the ground.

Crawling: Zazu crawls forward nervously on his hands and knees (or wings and talons).

Gliding: Zazu spreads his wings majestically and glides forward, rather than flapping casually like Iago.

Idle Animation: Zazu looks around the stage in a bored manner. If left alone too long, Zazu will occasionally flap his wings and pose proudly in place.

Forward Roll: Zazu darts forward, turning around nervously after reaching maximum range.

Backward Roll: Zazu gets an irritated look on his face and jumps backwards, flapping his wings for distance.

Spot Dodge: Zazu jumps into the background, fearfully, on one foot, then hops back.

Air Dodge: Zazu performs a royal flip, curling into a cannonball as he does so, then uncurls after dodging.

Shield: Zazu hides under an empty turtle shell, presumably one that belongs to Rafiki. The shell cracks as it takes damage, and vanishes when broken or dropped.

Tripped: Zazu falls on his behind, with a humiliated look on his face, losing a few feathers.

Dizzy: Zazu stumbles about, a disoriented look in his eyes.

Sleeping: Zazu perches on a log (with a smaller branch extending from the top, serving as a perch) and dozes off. He snores softly and makes a snot bubble as he does so.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Circle of Life: Zazu summons one of the animal subjects of the Pride Lands to attack, by pointing at his foes and saying a pun or fact about the animal summoned. The animals serve as his projectile attack. There are three animals that can appear here, the animal appearing chosen randomly. Each has a different amount of stamina that foes can lower knock them back, and to make them vanish if they lower it entirely. If their stamina is not reduced, the animals stay out for 10 seconds each. Zazu must wait 5 seconds in between each animal. Only one animal can be out at a time. The animals are like weaker Assist Trophies, damaging foes, but not Zazu. Learning to include the animals in combos can take some time, but can really assist Zazu in the long run. Animals can run offstage occasionally with less than competent AI, but on most stages, this is not a problem, as the animals will not approach the edge unless they are summoned near one.

Antelope: Zazu proclaims that, "The herd is on the move!", as a single brown antelope with a black and white stripe prances forward. It is slightly shorter than Diddy, but a bit longer. The antelope simply bounds around the stage, knocking foes away with its sharp antlers. The antelope deals average knockback to foes, with average priority, and has 25 HP. Antelopes are the most common animal to appear, and are the most likely to bound off the stage. They are also easier to attack than the other two animals. However, they are still useful to Zazu as a whole. Their antlers deal 9-13% to foes.

Monkey: Zazu says, "The chimps are going ape!", as a small chimp (about the size of Jigglypuff) appears in front of him, sitting in place, and begins tossing stones at foes in a circular arc, screeching all the while. The rocks go at a rather rapid pace, and the arc extends about one and a half Stage Builder blocks forward. The monkey has only 15 HP, but is hard to approach without projectiles, due to the rocks (which have decent priority). Because it is sitting in place, the chimp can't possibly fall off the stage unless it is knocked off. This is a good animal to summon, as it serves as a projectile for Zazu. However, some foes can easily take it out with one attack, so do your part to defend the chimp. Each stone deals 2-3%, and traps the foe in the stream of stones, although the foe can DI out. Chimps appear the most rarely of the three animals.

Cheetah: Zazu declares, "Cheetahs (cheaters) never prosper!", as a cheetah (the size of Ivysaur) begins dashing around the stage at the speed of Fox's dashing speed, stalking foes, pouncing on them occasionally for below average knockback. The cheetah will rarely run offstage, even if is released near an edge. Cheetahs have a decent 30 HP, but don't attack nearly as frequently as the above two animals, although if attacked, will begin attacking more regularly. The pouncing deals 11-12% to foes. Cheetahs appear less commonly than antelopes, but more frequently than chimps.

Side Special: Morning Report: Zazu begins giving the Morning Report to foes, dancing, marching around in place, saluting, spreading his wings, chuckling, and singing so his adam's apple vibrates slightly. Holding down the move's input allows for Zazu to hold out the report for as long as necessary. The dance moves themselves deal slight damage and low knockback to foes, about 2-5% each. This protects Zazu from attackers for the most part, but is not the main part of the move. If foes approach Zazu, they fall asleep from boredom. To make this more useful than Jigglypuff's Sleep, the range is increased to that of Donkey Kong's Hand Slap, though it is not as noticeably shown. The range is shown by small music notes around Zazu as he dances. Zazu has more of a potency to put foes to sleep the longer he has been dancing. He has a slight bit of ending lag after dancing, but he can still stop dancing and attack the sleeping foes with more frequency than Jigglypuff. However, just because his dancing deals damage, foes can easily approach from the air and cut through the low priority dance attacks. Overall, this is a good move if used without spamming, and cautiously.

Up Special: Leaf Glider: Zazu takes a large tree leaf and holds it above his head like a parachute, as several winds, swirling with small flowers, leaves, and particles, blow the leaf and Zazu upwards. This acts slightly similarly to Snake's Cypher. However, there are many notable differences. First of all, Zazu goes up only about half as high as Snake does, but as Zazu's jumping and gliding allows for an excellent recovery anyways, this is not a downfall. Second, because Zazu is so much lighter than Snake, the leaf doesn't sink downwards as he first brings it out, making it safe to use near the abyssal blast line. Finally, the leaf can actually deal slight damage as it rises, dealing a light 4-6%, but no knockback. Zazu lands with very little lag, making this punishable only by gimping foes. The leaf naturally has low priority, though. Like Snake, Zazu can cancel the rise by pressing the shield or attack buttons. If he has any leftover jumps after using the move, he can still use these. However, only one leaf can be used per recovery. These leaves were used by Rafiki in Lion King 2 to travel around and tell Simba's daughter about the meaning of love.

As an easter egg, if you pause the game at exactly the right frame, at the right angle, you may just see some alleged subliminal messaging in the swirling winds that blow the parachute upwards...

Down Special: Bye Bye Birdie: Out of nowhere, a wooden Tiki idol appears on the stage, with a platform extending from two sides of the idol. One side is behind Zazu, the other is unseen on the other side of the idol. Zazu hops onto a log, which materializes on the platform behind him. As soon as he's in, the idol starts chanting, "Uh-Oa!", and spins around to show the other side of the idol, with the other previously unseen platform. On this platform, resting in a cage, is Iago, who jumps out with a squawk, as the idol vanishes in a flash of red light. You are now playing as Iago. This switch takes a bit longer than switching between Zelda and Shiek did in Melee. You must switch while grounded, otherwise nothing happens. You can swap to remain invincible to bosses for a brief period, although if you spam the swap more than 10 times in 25 seconds, the idol will be angered, and will deal 10% of knockbackless damage to your character. The only way to stop this is to not swap for 30 more seconds after the curse starts. This does not apply to when your bird is KOed. When this happens, you automatically switch to the other bird.

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo, Hit #1: Wing Slap: Zazu spreads the feathers out on his left wing and swings it forward briskly to slap the foe. This deals no knockback, being a simple combo starter, and is fairly close range. There is virtually no startup or ending lag to this move. It deals 2% to foes.

Basic Combo, Hit #2: Double Slap: Spreading out the feathers on his right wing as he pulls back his left wing from the above hit, Zazu slaps with his right wing this time. This slap is slightly harder than the first, dealing very low knockback, and having a very minute bit more range than the first hit. This move has virtually no startup lag, but a tiny bit ending if it is not continued. This hit deals 2% to foes alone and 4% with the above hit.

Basic Combo, Hit #3 -: Royal Laughter: After his wing slaps, Zazu sits down lightly on his back and begins laughing royally to himself, kicking both feet in and out in front of him rapidly. By holding down the A Button, you can continue the kicking indefinitely. This is a close range combo, similarly to Kirby's Basic Combo. Zazu can score multiple hits if he gets a foe against a wall with this, although it is obviously not an infinite. Zazu has little ending lag when releasing the combo. However, all three of the hits have low priority. Each of the rapid kicks deals 1% to foes, but builds up damage rapidly if held.

Dash Attack: Paintbrush Plow: Zazu takes his paintbrush from the Tiki Room picture at the top of this post, and, as he is soaring forward dashing, breaks suddenly by digging his feet into the ground while holding the paintbrush in front of him. This has little startup lag, but the ending lag of Mario's Dash Attack, as Zazu stows the paintbrush and rights himself. This has below average range, and deals below average knockback. One out of three times, there will be a slight bit of pink paint on the brush, and if a foe is hit while there is paint out, they will slow down and trip more often for 5 seconds. This move deals 6-8% to foes.

TILTS

Forward Tilt: Parental Point: Zazu extends his wing, a smug grin on his face, then points forward once, extending a single wing feather out into the foe, like he did to young Simba. This has a small hitbox and low priority, but has almost no lag starting or ending, making it an effective jabbing attack. The range extends a very slight bit forward from the feather, but the most knockback is given from foes who are closer to Zazu as he points. The knockback dealt is below average. This move deals 5% to foes.

Down Tilt: Sweep of Respect: From his crouching position, Zazu bends up slightly, then sweeps his wings out as he bows low to the ground, like he does when showing respect to the kings of the Pride Lands. Unlike his other Tilts, this move has slight startup lag as Zazu prepares to bow. There is also slight ending lag as he straightens up. However, the knockback is slightly better than Zazu's other Tilts, being just barely below average. The priority is average here as well. Zazu's spread wings increase the range to about average range as well. This move deals 6-7% to foes.

Up Tilt: Walnut Launch: Zazu briefly tucks his beak under his wing, then spits a single small brown walnut into the air a small distance above him. The walnut is a disjointed hitbox with below average priority. Zazu must stay in place until the walnut falls behind him, giving him a bit of ending lag; the hitbox ends as the walnut falls. This is effective for juggling foes, seeing as the knockback is below average and the walnut flies up quickly. The range is fairly decent though, as the walnut is launched about the distance of Kirby into the air above Zazu. There is slight startup lag as Zazu takes out the walnut, but unless you whiff entirely, this is not dangerously punishable. The walnut deals 6% to foes. This Tilt is a nod to the walnut attacks of the Necky enemies in Donkey Kong Country.

SMASHES

Forward Smash: Majordomo Dart: Zazu pulls his head back as he charges, then swoops forward like a dart, stabbing foes in his path with his large beak. This Smash is unique in the way that it actually moves Zazu forward across the stage, like Pikachu or Luigi's Side Specials. Zazu has little startup lag as he soars, but a fair bit when landing, although still less than Luigi or Pikachu. This Smash does one solid hit to foes, dealing average knockback as Zazu's main killing move. The range of the soar depends on the charge. The range can change from almost nowhere, to about one third of Final Destination at maximum charge. The priority is decent here, making this a fairly safe move to attack with. It also serves as a quick way to get offstage to edgeguard a foe. Zazu is slightly vulnerable if he whiffs the Smash, however. This Smash can deal 9-18% to foes.

Down Smash: Tunneling Rodent: While charging, Zazu looks at the ground uncertainly. When he releases, a small brown gopher pops out of the ground in front of him, calling out, "Zazu!", who jumps in shock slightly. The gopher then rapidly tunnels around to Zazu's other side, where the rodent salutes and says, "News from the underground!" before popping back down. When the gopher first pops up, foes who are hit take below average knockback. If they are close enough to Zazu as the gopher first appears, however, they get buried in a Pitfall effect, staying buried for longer if they have more damage. The second pop of the gopher deals below average vertical knockback. Zazu lags very little starting up, and a fairly small bit ending. The gopher can be attacked to make it pop back underground like a Whack-a-Mole, ending the Smash early, leaving Zazu vulnerable to a counterattack. However, it is speedy enough to deal quick damage (not a great KO move) without fear of punishment. This has about the range of Diddy's D-Smash. Burying the foe with the first hit is a sure way to hit them with the second pop. This has the potential to deal the easiest damage of Zazu's Smashes, but not the best knockback by any means. It can deal 6-17% to foes.

Up Smash: Coconut Craze: Zazu takes a lovely bunch of coconuts, three to be precise, and juggles them above his head. This Smash deals three hits to foes. The first two hits trap foes, while the last hit deals average vertical knockback. The priority is fairly low, but the range is slightly higher than Olimar's U-Smash, so it can be used to catch foes above Zazu. Zazu juggles the coconuts fairly quickly due to his nervousness, having barely any startup lag, but a fair bit at the end as he stows the coconuts with a brief showman's bow. This Smash can deal 4-20% if a foe is caught in all three hits.

Depending on how many times Zazu uses this Smash, he sings a different clip from the song as he juggles the coconuts, the cycle starting over again after the fifth use of the Smash. If you are just playing around in Training Mode, it is amusing to spam the Smash to hear the different lyrics that Zazu can sing.

1st Time: I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
2nd Time: De de de de, there they are...
3rd Time: All standing in a row!
4th Time: Big ones, small ones...
5th Time: Some as big as your head!

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

The Delicious One
Timon & Pumbaa
Thor
Ty Tasmanian
Leonardo
Paper Luigi
Indiana Jones
Bombastic Bag-Man
Stanley Yelnats
Paula Polestar
EPIC WIN! Bkupa, would you like to appear in the next The Young and the Movesets? That goes for anyone else, too. If you want to appear, let me know in some way.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sure, I'd like to appear!

Oh, yeah, and I would like to propose that the entry phase have a deadline (I would like it to continue, but it would be very difficult to judge) sometime next month, instead of the end of September. That way, those of us with SSEs to finish can also put some time into editting movesets and entering some more.

Or I might have to save my ideas for next contest...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The deadline is the end of september? Lovely. I should've waited until this thing ended before I went and made a SSE. I'll have to get off my arse here and do serious work on the Cortex moveset for Blitzkrieg.

Perhaps there can be a small bonus for those with completed SSEs when the contest ends of two weeks or something? Ones not announced before this reward was put into place wouldn't count.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Shouldnt we atleast wait for the started SSE stories to end before closing the thread? Why shut it down when it's hitting its peak, lets let it drag on for awhile longer anyway.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The deadline is the end of september? Lovely. I should've waited until this thing ended before I went and made a SSE. I'll have to get off my arse here and do serious work on the Cortex moveset for Blitzkrieg.
I don't think the deadline's been set in stone, so no worries, yet.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

Perhaps there can be a small bonus for those with completed SSEs when the contest ends of two weeks or something? Ones not announced before this reward was put into place wouldn't count.
When was this determined? I know nothing of this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Shouldnt we atleast wait for the started SSE stories to end before closing the thread? Why shut it down when it's hitting its peak, lets let it drag on for awhile longer anyway.
Good point, please listen to this!!!

I'm only just starting my SSE (BTW Roger Rabbit, Eru, Yoda, and Sauron are in, as well as some characters from Spadefox that he hasn't requested yet), and there are at least 3 more movesets I'd like to enter if possible.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Alright, I have added The Delicious One, Stanley Yelnats, Zelos Wilder, and Bombastic Bagman to my SSE. I'm also heavily tempted to add Mew, if I can find a role for him.

I will also include my Indiana Jones (cause of the epicness he will have in a specific boss fight, and Paula Polestar (cause if I went through with my story the way it is now, without her, I would get a ton of flaming). I am working on the first chapter, expect it up soon!

The Delicious One
Timon & Pumbaa
Thor
Ty Tasmanian
Leonardo
Paper Luigi
Indiana Jones
Bombastic Bag-Man
Stanley Yelnats
Paula Polestar

Neutral: These aren't as focused/concerned about helping, and may even challenge you if you piss them off enough:
Squeak Squad
Tiggah
Andy's Toys
Waddle Doo
Drake & Josh
Team Big Shots
Zelos Wilder

Evil: They work against you, and may be latecomers to your team, or might have to join by force:
Bowser's Minions
Gruntilda Winkybunion
Grim Reaper
Dry Bones
Enker
King K.Rool
Nightmare
Cervantes
Dracula

Any more suggestions are welcome, as this is not even close to the final lineup.
This plot will be below my reading priority, due to NONE of my movesets.

Bwahaha.

-------------

CHAPTER 8:

Stage: Riverside Forest
Played As: Isaac, Crono, Chao, Voldo, Zora Soldier (Flashback Only)
Played Against: Bear Minimum, Pokemon, Primids, Zora Soldier
Music:

(Part 1 Raft Travel)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EvtypUeRQ- Bramble Blast
(Part 2 Bear Minimum Battle)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIP7b2LDtg- Airship
(Part 3 Forest Venture)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMc40qxJK4- Isaac's Theme
(Part 4 Zora Soldier Battle)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0b2TPl0Xcs&feature=related- Morpheel Fight

Description:

Having found a constructed raft at the head of the river, Isaac, Crono, and their new friend Chao "borrow" it. However, Isaac feels watched, as Chao is asleep and Crono resting. Then, rustling is heard...

And out pops a skinny-*** bear!

BEAR MINIMUM.

The following level is unique in which one part serves as a Raft Level, identical to the one Fox and Diddy use, albeit more fast paced and dangerous.

He roars a generic roar and runs down the hill, as he awakens the Lake Pokemon, consisting of:

MAGIKARP- These dumb fish will just hop out of the water and try to trip you. Doing NO damage. Careful, you might trip into the water and lose a stock due to getting knocked by the raft. Bash it with an attack to enable it as a throwable item.

SHARPEDO- These brutal predators will attempt to bump your character off the raft by diving into it, causing it to quickly rise and fling your character in that direction. Chao will have a more difficult time with this, as he's the lightest.

LOTAD- These guys do nothing more than serve as miniature platforms.

LUMINEON- The only beneficial Pokemon, it will float slightly above water, and if your character bounces on it, they will gain 10%.

KINGLER- This crab will stand in place and repeatedly snap his HUGE claw at the raft for great damage. Avoid him, will ya?

CLOYSTER- Cloyster, being part Ice Type, will jump out of the water and shoot icicles in various directions. These do small damage, but can freeze you.

QWILFISH- Though its small, its also dangerous- it can Poison you, resulting in losing 2% health every second for ten seconds. Try not to touch it...

The river will speed up near the end and crash into a rock, flinging your character onto another platform and to a golden door...

After you enter it, the three catch up to an angered Bear Minimum, who will fight these three. Defeat him as any of the three characters to trophytize him. They high five, until they see a blur stealing the trophytized mummy with claws.

VOLDO.

He'll screech and roll away, while holding Bear. The three warriors, confused, continue on.

This level proceeds as another Adventure level, that includes traversing a hill with many traps like logs and pitfalls, a series of cannons, & ends with a intense battle with about a dozen Primids on a small single platform.

At the end, you'll reach a Temple. Approach it, and another cutscene will occur. A blue warrior lashes out with his spear at Isaac, who is taken by surprise and is injured.

ZORA SOLDIER.

The warrior prepares to battle and whistles, calling his companion out, a small orange cyclops.

WADDLE DOO.

As either Chao or Crono, fight these two one at a time to learn that the Soldier thought that Chao, Isaac, & Crono were affiliated with a man infamous for killing and stealing warriors for his master, as shown in a flashback...

Zora Soldier is walking alongside a river, as he sees a raft flow down, a bout between Voldo and another strange warrior, wearing glasses and a rather stuffy outfit.

JADE.

As Voldo, fight Jade in a one stock match on the small raft to continue.

Zora Soldier witnesses Voldo defeat Jade and finishes the fighter off. Collecting his bounty, he turns to see a expertly concealed Zora Soldier, and leaps at him. As the Soldier, fight against Voldo in a similar match to have Voldo rolling away.

Zora Soldier apologizes, as does a sorry looking Waddle Doo, as they explain through hand motions that they guard this Temple from evil to insure that the Secrets inside are kept safe.

Then Isaac thinks for a moment, gasps, and asks Zora Soldier if somebody snuck in while it was away through interpretive movement.

Zora Soldier growls, realizing that was what Voldo was for, as he, Waddle Doo, and the other three rush in to aid it.

-------------

CHAPTER NINE
Stage: Sunyshore City
Played As: Ty Tasmanian, Plusle & Minun, Cel Link
Played Against: Undead Pirates, Cervantes, Toon Gohma
Music:

(Part 1 Going Through Sunyshore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU44Yk659qo- Sunyshore City
(Part 2 Attack On Sunyshore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR-YvxgnFH8&feature=related- Stark Mountain
(Part 3 Proving To Cel Link): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-U3eC0saPg&feature=related- Mini-Boss (Wind Waker)
(Part 4 Pirate Battle): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjWKOmLcAk&feature=user- Glacial Colosseum
(Part 5 Gohma Battle): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bvjDPeoj0c- Gohma Battle

Description: Ugh, this will be it for today.

Anyway, Ty & P&M end up following the forest into Sunyshore City. Ty points to the harbor and suggests maybe they could go out to sea and follow Tabuu's path. The first part consists of tricky maneuvering and introduces a Tutorial about KEYS. At the end, they bump into a couple of drunken sailors, who hiccup and fall asleep. Plusle, grossed out, sticks out his tongue and plugs his nose. Ty laughs at Plusle before screaming is heard, as an army of Primids storm Sunyshore! This fight will be HUGE- Ty & Plusle won't be the only ones fighting. You'll have four AI controlled partners at Levels, 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9, depending on difficulty. They'll each have one Pokemon, so don't depend on them to WIN. Fight off the ONE HUNDRED Primids of every stripe using both of your characters plus an extra stock to win.

You'll then meet up with the only captain remaining, a small green boy.

CEL LINK.

Cel Link smiles, hearing about Ty & P&M fighting off the Primids. He gives them a thumbs up and then suddenly draws his sword and shield, wanting to let Ty & the two rats prove themselves. Defeat Cel Link on his ship with either character to have him bow, and open his arms out wide, as if to say, "Where to now?" Then cannon fire is heard, as the ghostly ship of the one and only Cervantes de Leon, attempting to take over Sunyshore in the name of Tabuu. Cel Link turns to Ty & P&M and nods his head to the right, a small rowboat on the side of the docks the pirate missed. Cel Link motions for the two to stay here and help defend Sunyshore while Cel Link defeats the pirates.

A timer of 5:00 appears and starts counting down. On Cel Link's ship, your two characters must defend the ship and Sunyshore, AKA survive for Five Minutes, while not dying. A bit difficult on Normal and up, but still a decent test of skill. The only enemies here are Pirates- ZOMBIE Pirates, that is.

Pirates- Wield swords and swing them wildly. Dispatch them with little effort.

Musketmen- Pirates wielding long rifles. They shoot fast and decently powerful (14%) at range and butt the player's head with his rifle when they get too close. Rush him with P&N or attack from farther away as Ty, as he takes a while to reload.

Cannonman- Woah. Pirate wielding a CANNON. He moves and attacks similarly to a character holding a Cracker Launcher, except can ALSO bash the foe away with it.

Soul-Stealer- The deadliest kind. These have the ability to steak your souls and cause continuous damage the more amount of time you go without claiming it. Luckily, they can't attack and are very weak, and even a single shot can knock your soul free, sending it back to you. However, he'll commonly float out of attack range, occasionally arcing downwards to taunt you.

Fight them off and the screen darkens, turning to the bad guy's perspective. Cervantes is laughing as he roars to Gecko Moria, on a chair, playing with a Ball In A Cup.

Gecko sighs, floats over, and bends over to see Ty and P&M taunting them. Gecko, angry, begins to LAUNCH over there, as a small green figure jumps upward, bashing Moria so hard, he trophytizes.

Cel Link has reached the ship! Cervantes growls and attacks Cel Link, while assisted by constantly respawning Pirates & Musketmen. Focus of Cervy- the battle will only end when he is killed. After that, he shoots three shots into the air, before tophytizing. Cel Link shrugs until a Whirlpool surrounds Cel Link, revealing a monstrous beast, but not of sea...

TOON GOHMA.

The hellish creature wraps around the ship, setting it ablaze. As Cel Link with three lives, fight off Gohma.

GOHMA
| | | | |
----____________---

As seen, there are no walls nor ceilings. Gohma's body is firmly tight around the ship- he'll occasionally roar at the player for mere intimidation. His weak point is, at first, his two molar claws that protect his eye, then the eye itself.

Gohma's attacks include:

CLAW ATTACK- Gohma swipes a large claw at you, dealing great damage at ANY difficulty (15-30%) and knockback. A slow move, but easy to see coming. Double jump to avoid it.

FIREBALL LAUNCH- Gohma squeezes tighter around the ship, and for some reason, the surrounding flames burst out into solid, painful forms. Dealing 20% fire damage, these are slow projectile, but can arc and even HOME on your position. One is shot at <75% HP, 2 at >75% & <50%, and 3 at >50%.

EYE BEAM- Apparently during his stay with the bad guys, Tabuu must've gave him Laser Vision. In any case, watch out. This move will deal heavy damage (25%-40%) and no knockback. The laser is also thin as hell, but can break shields in a pinch and moves very quickly. Uses it at >50% health.

PILLAR OF FIRE- Being a fiery hellspawn, Gohma fires a LARGE fireball (Size of Dedede huge.) that flies in a random direction, but when it hits ground, a huge pillar of fire erupts from the point of impact, shooting upwards and OHKO'ing. Easy to see coming and can be dodged accordingly, but the direction is always random.

Gohma defeated, he sinks back into the sea, as Cel Link comes back to Ty & P&M with two trophies and a new ship.

Now all they do is wait for the heroes...

----------

Getting good, amirite?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Great SSE so far (can't wait to see Tiggah's involvement), and if you didn't read the above edited post, I added Yoda and Sauron. You may request 1 more if you so choose.

I'm starting my first SSE level IRL, and will hopefully post it tomorrow...

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ah finally, my Mia moveset is now complete, i'm taking a break from making movesets for now. The SSE looks great again smashbot. I really like how the characters were incoprated in the story.
UH-OHZ!! NEW UPDATE! =O

We last left TH lying in a field awakening with amnesia! (AMNESIA?!) He now wakes up believing he is Lithuanian immigrant who has come to America to work in the meatpacking buisness. (O RLY?) He then travels to the stock yards searching for a job....

Meanwhile back at the ranch, StB enters his house- AND FINDS HIS WIFE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HIS CLONE, BARON THE SONIC! =O!!! Enraged, he spawns a wiffleball bat and throws it at BtS, killing him instantly. His wife is screaming and threatens to call the police...StB is now a wanted man.....
I....I'll.....do my best;)

I speak for Stb all the way. Hope he makes it.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Paula Polestar (cause if I went through with my story the way it is now, without her, I would get a ton of flaming).
woah. Glad to here she made it in! :Dthanks. I wonder what the story is about!!?

First of all, congratulations. You are about to play one of the greatest games of all time.

I'd play on "Wait" your first time through. Heck, I still play on "Wait." The way the battle system works is that your characters' speed determines how fast they'll recuperate from using a move and be able to use another one. Once someone's able to use a move, you'll get options to attack, use techs (abilities and magic), or use items. Once you pick one of those with a character, if you're on "Wait," enemies can't attack you until you perform the action you select, though you're still vulnerable while selecting "Attack," "Tech," or "Item." On "Active," they can always attack. Basically, I'd use "Wait," simply because it's easier and that selection freedom will be your best friend on so many levels.

But that's just one man's opinion.
Ok, im using wait and its pretty fun...i think its funny how crono walks, cause im used to earthbound and ness walking diagnolly, and crono can walk diagnolly but its weird and funny...heh heh...

Anyway im a little stuck, I cant save for some reason and i just got that girl...merle? and now i cant get in the castle and this festival wont end xD

I keep betting on races too....i dunno why xD

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid Moveset (MM)

I've decided to make a Skull Kid move set based off of the Majora's Mask Skull Kid (Unlike the other Skull Kid Set, which is based off of the TP one) I hope you like it!:)

Skull Kid Moveset

The Skull Kid is what becomes of children getting lost in the Lost Woods, and appears in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. They first interact with Link in Ocarina of Time, and later a Skull Kid plays a major role in Majora's Mask. Skull Kids dress in a red cloak and hat covering an underlayer of clothing comprised of a straw-like material, and play a flute, which they can also use as a weapon to shoot projectiles.

Stats:
Size: 2/5
Weight: 1/5
Power: 2/5
Walking Speed: 4/5
Running Speed: 3/5
1st Jump: 2/5
2nd: 4/5
Traction: 1/5

Pros:
- Fast
- Agile
- Great Jumps
- Has an unusual move set, makes for fun and interesting game play!

Cons:
- Really lightweight, can be knocked out by heavyweights at low percentages
- Seems to be a bit weak.
- Lots of sliding around

A Moves:
Tap a: Slaps the enemy with his left hand
Tap aa: Slaps enemy with his right hand
Tap aaa: Does a Flip kick, rhythmically of course!
B-smash: Jumps and kicks backwards, then landing on his feet
F-smash: Clenches his fists together and punches forward
D-smash: Jumps up and slams down with a shadowy glow around his feet
U-smash: Head butts straight up while his head has a shadowy purple glow
Dash animation: runs forward with his body slanted down hands behind him (Like Sheik)
Dash-a: Slaps both his hands together in the front of his body
F-tilt: Head butts forward
U-tilt: Slaps with both hands straight up in the air.
D-tilt: Stomps the ground, anyone next to him suffers a DoT that does 7 damage over 5 seconds
B-tilt: Kicks his leg up backwards, causing knockback.
U-tilt: Does an AoE arch with his hands from the bottom up that does 5% damage over 2 seconds
D-Air: Shoots a shadowy blast downward about a foot under him
U-Air: Same as D-Air but with an arching kick and then kicking straight up, instead of down
F-Air: Maneuvers his body into a neutral angle and spins, arms out, in either direction
B-Air: Does a
N-Air: Spins a full 360 degrees with his arms out, forming a helicopter-ish motion.

Smash Moves:
Neutral b: Shoots a poison dart out of his flute-like instrument/ can be charged, making poison last longer, poison does 1% every 2 seconds for 2-6 seconds
Side-B : Deku Scrub: Transform enemy player into a Deku Scrub, Basically same as poison mushroom except makes you weaker and slower but you are unable to be knocked in the air, and your only move is deku seed, lasts for 3 seconds.
Down-B: Summon Puppets: Summons 1 other Puppet, who look the same as the original, and mimic the originals movement exactly, they cause no damage or take any, and is impossible to find which the real Skull Kid is. Lasts 5 Seconds, has a 10 second cool down after the puppets disappear
Up-B: Teleport: Teleport in the direction of the control stick. Causes no damage, unless you tap A out of the animation in which it does a small AoE knockback attack that does low damage.
Final Smash: Moon Crash: Summons the moon and crashes it onto the stage, causes massive damage, buries all enemies in the ground (If in air, suspends them in a shadowy prison), and cannot knock a player off the stage, does about 60% damage.

Grabs:
Animation: Jumps on the players head/shoulders and covers their eyes
U-Throw: Lifts player from under himself and throws him upward
D-Throw: Jumps up and kicks player straight down
F-throw: Grabs character from behind his back and throws him forward
B-throw: Same as F-throw
Grab attack: Punches player in face repeatedly

U-Taunt: Plays his flute, to the tune when link opens a door or solves a part of a puzzle, and dances around for about a second or two.
Side Taunt: Looks both ways and shakes his head, making the ruffling sound.
Down Taunt: Floats in the air and spins, Sort of like Ganondorf’s taunt where he spins, laughing maniacally.

Snake Codec:
Snake: What is this child doing in a place like this?
Otacon: That is no child that is a Skull Kid, a lost one of the woods.
Snake: What do I care?
Otacon: He’s a trickster and likes to take things that aren’t his
Snake: What was that? I seem to have lost my grenades. Where did I put those darn things!
Otacon: Nevermind…

Agi

Smash Lord
The first thing I noticed was the lack of color... v.v

*reads the rest*

BSmash... never heard of that.
Nonexistant Bair...
Side B looks extremely broken...
Infamous punch-punch-kick combo...
Moves cramped together...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this moveset needs a lot of work. Knockback levels and percentages would be nice.

(BTW, everyone: Personal advertising: I revamped my Mallow moveset! The link is in my sig. more SSE incorperation and stages to come)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom