• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ok I fixed it, sorry for that.

I'll add colors and bolds to the title and such tomorrow, I need to go to sleep now.

Enjoy and tell me what do you think =D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@smashbot226: YOU B^STARD. Man, I was totally thinking of doing Ammy maybe for the next MYM, now that we've talked about it a little in the MYM Group.

You'd better do her justice. lol c wat i did thar?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
People, for my MEWTWO moveset, I've been toying with the idea of bringing back DISABLE as his down smash--however I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Feedback please?

Muchos appreciated-os!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
:bigthumbu - this is for keeping Mewtwo's old down-tilt.

The rest of the move set also seems prettey cool. So far you're dowing a better job of showing his psychic prowess than Sakurai.
But then again, most move sets in here are 8999 times more original than Sakurai's.
Well hey I'm a fan of his D-Tilt :)

And thanks! I'll try to keep it up!!

I'm wondering--would Disable be good for a D-Smash? I have mixed feelings about it..

And yeah, almost every move set on here is more original than SOME of Sakurai's :p But I still admire him!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Still 3 pages and only 1 1/2 moveset were posted. Oh, I miss the good times of Pages 1-100 where about averagely 3-4 movesets were shown each page. =/
Now we have 3-4 pages with only 1 moveset.

*sigh* The "Can you give me feedback plz?"-posts won't help either. You can request MasterWarlord and me to review your movesets, and for me, best do it via PM.

I now have to get to work and hope one of the next posts in here will be a moveset. So long. *scoots*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh, I miss the good times of Pages 1-100 where about averagely 3-4 movesets were shown each page. =/
I don't. You have no idea how I look forward to reviewing these later pages.

Not to detract from the movesets that will hopefully be posted soon, but I can help but wonder, what caused all this? Are we short on ideas? Are we tired of just seeing movesets? Are the formalities of this contest (reviews and rankings, etc.) taking something away from the core values of it? Why'd it come to what it did? Is it just the sheer number of people involved this time? What?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Not to detract from the movesets that will hopefully be posted soon, but I can help but wonder, what caused all this? Are we short on ideas? Are we tired of just seeing movesets? Are the formalities of this contest (reviews and rankings, etc.) taking something away from the core values of it? Why'd it come to what it did? Is it just the sheer number of people involved this time? What?
Seconded.

ALSO

My take on this is that when you think of how much effort and geekiness it takes to make a moveset of the general standard here...the kind of people that can do so end up being drawn here, since there are others of their kind around. Elsewhere, you'll get a lot of n00bs and "competitive types", but aside from one or two instances, we've gone for over 300 pages without nary a sighting of either of those types of people.

And once we're all here, and we're all so "compatible" (as explained above), what else is there to do than shoot the sh*t? Almost all of our regulars have posted more than a few comprehensive movesets, and still occasionally comment on others'...but it's unrealistic to expect such cool dudes to just sit back and do nothing while everyone waits for the next awesome 'set to be posted.

And once everyone's friends, you naturally move from small talk to such illustrious happenings as The Young and the Movesets and all these SSE fanfics.

And while that stuff may not be 100% on-topic, it's still fun. There are limits, sure, but I see this as a natural progression. :embarrass

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Im almost ready to post my next moveset! Dr. N. Tropy! the specials were really hard to think up! So yea... be lookin for him in the near future!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Still 3 pages and only 1 1/2 moveset were posted. Oh, I miss the good times of Pages 1-100 where about averagely 3-4 movesets were shown each page. =/
Now we have 3-4 pages with only 1 moveset.

*sigh* The "Can you give me feedback plz?"-posts won't help either. You can request MasterWarlord and me to review your movesets, and for me, best do it via PM.

I now have to get to work and hope one of the next posts in here will be a moveset. So long. *scoots*

Welp I've been continuously updating my MEWTWO moveset like everyday :) It's on page 305 if you wanna check it out ;)

BUT I'm not sure on his Down Smash so I want some feedback on that before I put it up.

--I was thinking about bringing back Disable or a disable-like move for it.. .. But not sure if that'd work out great... Feedback is appreciated!

I think that would be a little broken (especially if the charge increases it's time!)...
That's what I'm worried about.

I'll try thinking of a way to fair-it-up, and if I can't I'll cange it :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The SSEs are a hell of a lot more on topic then the spam and TYATM. They're glorfying the movesets further. Of course it's going to look like a fanfic when it's limited by smash mechanics, we're just helping to make the illusion of them being actually in Smash.

But next time around, how about we just decide a few people to make SSEs before hand? Hold a contest for 1 or 2 winners this time around, and those people will be the only ones to make a SSE in mym 4.0. To reduce spam, the SSE makers will not take any requests for movesets to be included not done in PMs. How does that sound?

I don't see how reviews are off topic. Sure, they cause some spam with people begging to be reviewed, but most people require requests be made in PMs. You'd just have to make this a rule.

Who's going to host the next one? Blitzkrieg? Or are we going to nominate someone new? There are a few obvious choices, but it all comes down to who's actually willing to do it and who has the time to do so.

(Will go to review TY after this post, and I've actually got off my arse and got back to working on my SSE. 3 levels done and a 4th one in production.)

Edit: I've successfully reviewed Ty. Check the second page of my blog. (See sig)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
But next time around, how about we just decide a few people to make SSEs before hand? Hold a contest for 1 or 2 winners this time around, and those people will be the only ones to make a SSE in mym 4.0. To reduce spam, the SSE makers will not take any requests for movesets to be included not done in PMs. How does that sound?
I think a better idea might be to only allow ONE SSE to go on at time. This way people who didn't make one in this topic still have a chance to make one the next time around. I do agree with the inclusion requests to be done via PM, though.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
My take on this is that when you think of how much effort and geekiness it takes to make a moveset of the general standard here...the kind of people that can do so end up being drawn here, since there are others of their kind around. Elsewhere, you'll get a lot of n00bs and "competitive types", but aside from one or two instances, we've gone for over 300 pages without nary a sighting of either of those types of people.

And once we're all here, and we're all so "compatible" (as explained above), what else is there to do than shoot the sh*t? Almost all of our regulars have posted more than a few comprehensive movesets, and still occasionally comment on others'...but it's unrealistic to expect such cool dudes to just sit back and do nothing while everyone waits for the next awesome 'set to be posted.

And once everyone's friends, you naturally move from small talk to such illustrious happenings as The Young and the Movesets and all these SSE fanfics.

And while that stuff may not be 100% on-topic, it's still fun. There are limits, sure, but I see this as a natural progression. :embarrass
Well put, Chief. Well put.

That would be nice. I think two SSEs would probably be good, though I'd still like for them not to be being developed at the exact time.

Nominating through PMs would work better as well. And here's an interesting thought I had concerning nominations. It's not so much that I think this will make things better or anything, but more that I'm just interested to see how it'd turn out, but what if people could only nominate others' movesets? On top of that, no one is allowed to say "pl0x pikc mien!!" to ANYONE! The obvious problem is that some people most likely won't get any rep, but I'd still be interested to see how it turned out. Anyway, yeah, everything you suggested there sounds great, Warlord.

I don't see how reviews are off topic. Sure, they cause some spam with people begging to be reviewed, but most people require requests be made in PMs. You'd just have to make this a rule.
Most, if not all, of the reviewers have a rule like this. They just need to be enforced.

Who's going to host the next one? Blitzkrieg? Or are we going to nominate someone new? There are a few obvious choices, but it all comes down to who's actually willing to do it and who has the time to do so.
Well, I guess if Blitzkrieg wants to do it, he's welcome to, but it's changed every MYM so far.

Fawriel --> GCM --> Blitzkrieg --> ???

Like you said, there are a few obvious choices, so it's really about determining who could do the job best from those.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm wondering--would Disable be good for a D-Smash? I have mixed feelings about it..
It could work, but it would have to undergo an overhaul from the melee version. LIke maybe it actually temporarilty disables the last move used by the target for 1-6 seconds depending on the charge time.

SirKibble said:
And here's an interesting thought I had concerning nominations. It's not so much that I think this will make things better or anything, but more that I'm just interested to see how it'd turn out, but what if people could only nominate others' movesets? On top of that, no one is allowed to say "pl0x pikc mien!!" to ANYONE! The obvious problem is that some people most likely won't get any rep, but I'd still be interested to see how it turned out.
Maybe we nominate 1 of ours and one from another poster? In any case, the problem I keep envisioning is that everone will not read what other people have nominated and we'll end up with 20 nominations for the most recent cool move set.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Maybe we nominate 1 of ours and one from another poster? In any case, the problem I keep envisioning is that everone will not read what other people have nominated and we'll end up with 20 nominations for the most recent cool move set.
That could present itself as a problem, definitely. Maybe we could say you have to nominate 3 movesets, and they have to all be from different users. Either way, I'd really just like to see it done to see what happens.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yau-Man

The unorthodox Survivor: Fiji all-star, Yau-Man has joined the Brawl!

STATS

Power: 5.5/10: Yau-Man is not a power character; he uses much more trickery and mindgames.

Walking Speed: 4.5/10: A quick, determined march of sorts.

Dash Speed: 6.5/10: Fairly quick, although not very fast, Yau pumps his arms lightly while jogging.

Weight: 5.5/10: Barely above average, it doesn't take a whole lot to KO Yau.

Range: 6/10: He has above average range on most of his attacks.

Projectile Range: 7/10: In all directions, Yau's trademark projectile has good range.

Fall Speed: 5.5/10: Only above average, Yau doesn't fall that fast, but has a unique, almost floaty feel.

Size: 6/10: He's about Snake's height (at the top of his hat), but quite a bit thinner.

First Jump: 3/10: Not a very high jump, but this means excellent shorthops for this clever Survivor.

Second Jump: 6/10: Yau jumps in similar style to Snake, just slightly less vertical distance, but more horizontally.

Crouch: 8/10: Excellent, Yau gets down on his stomach, ready to move.

Traction: 5/10: Average; Yau will slide occasionally.

Combo: 8/10: Yau is all about trickery and mindgames; he has a lot of great combos at his disposal.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: Yes, he clings backwards, holding both hands above and behind him to miraculously hold the wall, like he did in the final Immunity Challenge. He can hold on for about 3.5 seconds.

Crawling: Yes

Glide: No

Tether: Yes

BASIC

A: Ping Pong Paddle: Yau-Man enjoys ping pong during his free time. Here, he pulls out a simple red ping pong paddle and swings it once, as if hitting the ball. Very quick move, but no knockback. 2%

AA: Ping Pong Return: After his first move, Yau keeps out the paddle and does a small backhand swing, as if hitting a return serve. Still quite fast, and does very light knockback. 4%

AAA: Ping Pong Serve: Yau does his first two attacks with the paddle, then tosses up a simple, orange ping pong ball, and serves it at the foe. It only goes a little bit in front of him, diagonally towards the ground, and disappears once it hits a foe or the ground. Very slight startup lag. Low knockback. 7%

TILTS

Side A: Machete Chop: Yau holds up an old, blunt, rusted machete and swings it forward, as if trying to create a spark with flint. Surprisingly fast for a tilt, this move has a sweetspot for knockback at the broad side of the machete. Good for ground combos. 6-7%

Down A: Palm Frond: From his crouching position, flat on his stomach, Yau pulls out a palm frond (as if off of a palm tree) and sweeps it out in front of him, shaking it slightly (palm fronds are the preferred bedding material among Survivors). This comes out very fast, and does multiple hits (e.g. Game & Watch's B-Air). 4-13%

Up A: Shoulderbag Swing: Yau takes his small, tan shoulderbag and swings it 180 degrees above his head. It has a similar range to Lucario's U-Tilt. Low knockback, which makes this great for juggling foes. 5-6%

SMASHES

Side Smash: Cushion Crash: Yau takes out a heavy, natively-patterned cushion, holding it with the cloth handles on the cushion's back, leans back to charge, then shoves it forward with great effort (looks a bit like here).
This has slight ending lag, but not a whole lot. This doesn't give great damage, but gives good knockback, when one considers that Yau-Man is not a heavyweight at all. Average range. 5-17%

Down Smash: Crate Crack:
Grabbing a medium-sized wooden crate from thin air, Yau brings it up and slams the crate to the ground, so that it hits a boulder (materializing out of nowhere) on the corner of the crate (the weak point) to open it (the crate yields nothing). There are several different hitboxes: the first one comes out when Yau brings up the crate. Another comes out when Yau slams it down to the rock, which does multiple hits as he brings it down. Foes who hit the crate when it is colliding with the rock get the most damage and knockback. Below average range. Yau once used this corner-breaking tactic to open a crate that much stronger men couldn't physically smash themselves. 3-21%

Up Smash: Torch Wave: Yau takes his lit Survivor torch (which is long and wooden, like a staff, with a skull on it), holds it up, and waves it right to left twice, scorching foes above him. This has the most ending lag of his smashes, but also contains the most knockback, damage, and range (it's a big torch). The torch looks like the ones here (behind the Survivors). 8-23%

AERIALS

Air A: Immunity Necklace: Yau takes this spiky-looking Immunity necklace, tucks his legs in, holds it in one hand, and spins around twice, so that the necklace spins with him, and hits foes along the way. This is a good combo move, Yau's body has a small, weak hitbox as well while he's spinning, but doesn't do as much damage or knockback as the necklace. 9-12%

Forward Air A: Computer Casing: Yau is a computer engineer, so he takes out a big old computer casing, and brings it down in front of him, pulling him to the ground with it. The hitbox is the front and bottom of the casing. This move spikes if you hit a foe just as Yau starts to plummet. Good knockback, probably the best of his aerials. 9-10%

Back Air A: Canteen Swirl: Yau's canvas-coated canteen appears, strapped loosely around his neck. Yau then tilts his head backwards, and the water-holding body of the canteen swirls back to hit foes. If the input for the move is pressed rapidly, the canteen will spin around Yau's neck multiple times in a row. A fast aerial; good for hitting foes behind Yau. 7-8%

Up Air A: Pot Spin: Yau takes out the medium-sized tribe cooking pot and holds it above his head, spinning it over and over by the wire handle. This leads to the pot doing multiple hits, but low knockback. Can be done multiple times very quickly, to combo with. 4-13%

Down Air A: Puzzle Pieces: Grabbing a light green drawstring bag, Yau pulls it open while holding it downwards, spilling the puzzle pieces used for Challenges on foes. The pieces are wooden, and quite small (if you look very closely, you can see that they spell out the word 'cannibal'), and create a temporary hitbox area below Yau, as the hitbox is all of the pieces. The pieces fall a few feet under Yau before they vanish. Because of this, foes can be hit many times lightly. Great for combos, but very low knockback, and low priority. 2-14%

OTHER ATTACKS

Downed A: Buff Whirl: Yau whips his purple tribe buff off of his neck and uses it to whip nearby foes, as he jumps to his feet. 2-3%

Flipped A: Hat Whack: Yau takes his explorers' hat off of his head, and brings it down, in front of him, as he rolls to his feet, before putting his hat back on. 3%

Ledge A: Coconut Smash: As he recovers, Yau takes a nice, unripe green coconut and conks nearby foes on the head to knock them back a few feet. 4%

Ledge A (over 100%): Flint Strike: Struggling to pull himself up, Yau swiftly pulls a piece of flint from his pocket and strikes it against close range foes. 3%

Dash A: Spear Toss: Yau takes a green-wooden spear from a Challenge (with many small barbs instead of one large one), and with slight startup lag as he pulls it back, he tosses it a few feet in front of him. This has good knockback, but can usually be dodged with ease. 9-12%

GRAB

Yau pulls out a poisonous sea snake by the tail and tosses it out at foes (these reptiles were quite abundant on Exile Island). This has good range; more from a standstill than from running. Yau pulls in foes if the snake bites into foes to grab them; if he misses, Yau quickly tosses the snake away, so it vanishes, to avoid being bitten. This can damage foes 3-5% in the air, but is not a tether recovery (the snake doesn't have a big enough mouth to grab the edge, and probably wouldn't be willing to assist Yau anyways).​

Yau has no grab attack, but the snake gives foes 2% for every .5 second they are held.

Side Throw: Ball Slingshot: A little wooden ball launcher with a slingshot from a Challenge appears in front of Yau. He throws the snake away and releases the foe, but quickly pulls back the launcher's slingshot to release a ball to hit the foe. Average knockback. 5%

Back Throw: Ax Throw: Yau tosses the snake and releases the victim, and tosses a light ax at them with his left hand (he's a lefty). Best knockback of his grabs; above average. 8%

Down Throw: Paddle Push: Abandoning the snake, Yau takes out a wooden canoe paddle, drops the foe, and uses the paddle to push them swiftly backwards. Low knockback; good for comboing. 4%

Up Throw: Pork Pound: Once again disposing of the snake, Yau holds the foe up a bit, and swinging out of the sky (or ledge above Yau) comes a large piece of pork, tied to a rope, knocking away the victim. Good knockback, the rope does 1-2% and no knockback to foes other than the victim if they are hit. This was part of a messy Reward Challenge. 8%

SPECIALS

B: Immunity Idol: Yau gets down to the ground, and begins chopping away dirt, digging, with a pickax. He digs for as long as you hold down the button, for up to 5 seconds. Once you let go of the button, Yau pulls up a hidden Immunity Idol (now all wrapped up) with an excited grin, sticking his tongue out and breathing heavily. If you press B again, Yau will pull out the idol (now unwrapped; it is shaped like a turtle) and hold it in front of him like a shield, to receive superarmor frames, depending on how long he dug for. For each second he dug (up to 5 seconds), Yau gets invincibility frames for 10%, for a maximum of 50%. If not all frames are used in one hit, he can use the idol multiple times, although if it runs out of frames, with extra damage still to be done, Yau receives the damage at 1.5% the normal damage of the attack. Yau cannot have more than one idol at once, and cannot restore used up frames: you must completely use the idol's frames before you start digging for another. If used correctly, this is a quite effective tool. If spammed, the idol's protection changes to that of the Cloaking Device; no damage, but the knockback of the damage you would normally have (you're not invisible, though, of course).
Watch this video; it shows the idol and Yau's discovery quite well.

Side B: Magnified Glasses: Yau pulls off his glasses, and holds them up, at an angle to the ground, trying to use a water droplet on the lenses to start a fire. He keeps it out as long as you hold the button down. You can move the analog stick in any direction in front of Yau while doing this to angle the glasses at any angle (only in front of Yau; he can't turn around while focusing), except straight up or down. You can hold the button down for up to three seconds (if you hold it for more, Yau does nothing, and lags a lot). If you release the button after 1 second, a light fizzle of steam will appear on foes within a close range to the angle he aims at upon release, and do 5-7%. If held 2 seconds, a medium sized cloud of smoke will hit foes within (not next to) a light ray that appears in the angle Yau holds the glasses at, doing 11-15% and low knockback. If held for 3 seconds, any foes in the light ray will get fire damage and good knockback, 13-24%. The maximum possible range that you can use this from is one half of Final Destination away, but at that range, the solar heat weakens and foes receive significantly less damage and knockback. This is a handy projectile from long range, but can be ineffective in intense, close range battles. It is also one of Yau-Man's most famous assets to his tribe.

Down B: Core Four Assistance: Yau points at nearby foes and yells out, "There!", calling upon a member of his tribe alliance to attack. There are four possible outcomes here:

Earl: Yau's main ally, and the
winner of Survivor: Fiji
, Earl appears, and does a Meke (a Fijian tribal dance with leaves and a spear) to hit foes with multiple hits. Up to 15% Earl appears the most often of the four.

Cassandra: Cassandra is noted as the caring ally, who stood up for people in times of need, although not a physical competitor. Here, she simply charges at foes, holding up a cushion, like from Yau's F-Smash, to give one solid hit to foes. 10%

Dreamz: An athletic, formerly homeless, enigmatic Survivor, who in the end
costs Yau-Man the game and a million dollars by reneging on a deal for immunity
. In Smash, Dreamz runs across the stage, doing a series of impressive backflips into foes (he's a cheerleading coach). Up to 25%. He and Cassandra appear slightly less often than Earl.

Boo: The most rare of the four (appears 1 of 101 times), Boo simply falls from the sky in a hammock, landing on foes for 30% and heavy knockback, as seen here (1:17 - 1:28). After landing, he simply lays there for a few seconds, and says good-naturedly, "Had to happen to me!"

Allies appear directly in front of Yau and appear right after Yau yells out. Each ally stays out for five seconds, or until they fall off the stage. After those five seconds, you must wait five more seconds before dispatching another ally. Only one ally can be onstage at a time.

Up B: Fishing Wire: Yau pulls out a fishing wire, holds the handle in his mouth, and casts it up with a swing, as a tether recovery. This has decent range for a tether. The wire does weak damage, but the hook at the end has a more powerful sweetspot. 2-9% Seen here: 0:01 - 0:03.

FINAL SMASH

Car Chase: Yau-Man hops into the brand-new Ford Super Duty truck that he won at the Car Challenge (but later gave to Dreamz in a deal for Immunity). For 15 seconds, Yau can drive around the stage to crush or ram foes in the car. By pressing B, Yau can throw random school supplies, such as pencil cases, playground balls, glue, and scissors (it doesn't matter which; they all do the same effects) out the window at foes for moderate damage (these were donated by the winner to a local Fijian school). These disappear after hitting the ground or a foe. The car jumps (oddly and awkwardly) by pressing the jump buttons, and can accelerate with Side B, and slow down with the A button. After the Final Smash is finished, Yau hops out, and Dreamz appears in the truck instead, driving it away, while waving back at Yau. The truck is about the length of Giga Bowser, and about 3/5 as high.

TAUNTS AND VICTORY / LOSS POSES

Up Taunt: Yau pulls out his turtle Immunity Idol, kisses it, and declares excitedly, "This is my million dollars!"

Side Taunt: Yau takes out a piece of parchment, and holds it up to show the name of the last character who Yau hit, saying "Good luck! Have fun!" before stowing it. It is blank at the start of the match.

Down Taunt: Yau takes out his fake Immunity Idol (a coconut with a painted face, and the initials 'I.I.', for Immunity Idol), and says, "I have a really evil thought!" Shown in this hilarious video.

Victory Pose #1: Yau turns to foes, whips off his explorers' hat, and says, "An ugly win, but a win is a win!", before putting it back on and putting both hands on his hips proudly.

Victory Pose #2: Yau proclaims to the screen, wagging a finger, "Love many, trust few, do wrong to none!"

Victory Pose #3: Yau runs on screen, holding up his arms to the applauding foes, and says, "Thank you!" gratefully, before stopping at center stage to catch his breath, holding up his hands, as if saying 'Well what do you know?'.

Victory Theme: The end clip of the opening of Survivor: Fiji (0:52 - 1:04).

Loss: Yau claps, grinning slightly, and says, "I'll take any excuse I can get," (for losing).

MISC.

Icon: A turtle shape, the shape of his Immunity Idol

Alt. Costumes:
Normal, brown shirt, teal shirt, red shirt, black shirt, pink shirt

Entrance: Yau jumps out of a white Survivor water plane, and floats down with a purple Survivor parachute.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Yau-Man's hair, glasses, tribe buff, explorers' hat, and mustache.

Wiimote Sound: He declares excitedly, "I'm about to jump out of my skin here!", just like he did after he found his Immunity Idol.

Unlocked By: Get Yau-Man to join your team in SSE, play 54 Vs. matches, then win 39 separate matches (a total of at least 93 matches), "survive" 19 100 Man Brawls.

Shield: Yau ducks under the small wooden tribe canoe, which rots as it takes hits.

Idle Pose: Yau adjusts his glasses, sticking out his tongue slightly in concentration.

Forward Roll: Yau quickly circles around the foe, holding up his arms and grinning.

Back Roll: Yau does two, small jumps backwards, still holding up his arms, and making a concentrated facial expression.

Spot Dodge: Yau leans back, an inquisitive expression on his face, holding his hat to his head with both arms.

Air Dodge:
Yau does an agile spin, tucked in slightly and holding out both arms, grinning.

Dizzy:
Yau gets to the ground, on one knee, and puts one hand to his forehead, groaning a bit.

Sleep: Yau lies on the ground, on his side, as if sleeping on palm fronds in the dirt (which he did for 37 days).

Credits Theme:
Survivor: Fiji, Opening

ASSIST TROPHY:

Alex

A clever Harvard graduate attorney, and the leader of Yau-Man's opposing tribe alliance, 'the Four Horsemen'. When Alex is summoned, he proclaims, "I'm in Ninja Mode now!" (like he did when laying low and observing conversations), and proceeds to run and jump around, doing uncharacteristic flying punches and kicks. This does moderate damage and good knockback. Alex has a good chance of scoring you a KO. Whenever he KOs an opponent, Alex will tell them, "You can't hide from karma forever, my friend!" Alex appears as an Assist Trophy fairly commonly. As a small Easter Egg, if Yau is an opponent of Alex's summoner in a FFA, Alex will subtlely tell the other players as he attacks, to, "Get rid of Yau tonight; it's your only chance, when he least expects it!"

STAGE:
Sumo Swamp

This was the site of a rough physical Immunity Challenge in Survivor: Fiji. You fight on a circular tribal platform, which is about the size of the main Battlefield platform (with no floating platforms, though). On either side of this platform is a muddy swamp. If you are knocked off the platform and into the swamp, you can still walk around, as it's not deep enough to swim in (and won't cause your elimination from the Challenge, like it did originally). There are walk-off edges leading off from both swampy areas, so foes in the water can usually kill foes with higher damage easily. If you take a dip, and then walk on the main platform, the mud and gunk from the swamp stay on the platform for a while, causing lack of traction and an increased likelihood of tripping. In the background, Yau's fellow Survivors sit in two sections of wooden bleachers, observing the fight. Survivor host Jeff Probst (shown in first of above pictures) will commentate on the fight, with comments such as, "A good hard push!" or, "A total wipeout, into the swamp!" As an Easter Egg, if an intense Brawl is occurring, Probst may observe, "We are neck and neck! Keep pushing it if you want to win it all!" However, if players are camping, stalling, or at a standstill for too long, Jeff will comment, "If you ask me, they need to stop b****ing and start fighting it out!"

MUSIC

(note, some songs still need links; sorry)

Survivor Theme, Fiji
Micronesia Immunity Challenge
Tribal Council
S16 ColdOpen
Smartest Player Ever!

SSE ROLE COMING SOON

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
*grins* Oh man, this has GOT to be interesting. Old Asian dude who plays ping-pong...I love it.

Mightyena's aerials and throws are done. Sadly, I can't come up with any idea for a b-up recovery.

For the other specials, I'm considering:

Torment
Taunt
Natural Gift
Facade
Me First
Yawn

...Well, Me First might be a recovery option.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Mightyena's aerials and throws are done. Sadly, I can't come up with any idea for a b-up recovery.

For the other specials, I'm considering:

Torment
Taunt
Natural Gift
Facade
Me First
Yawn

...Well, Me First might be a recovery option.
UP B Me First would be cool....Mightyena uses a modified version of the opponents up b? (like vs Snake, maybe mightyena runs fast or something to propel itself, or vs ness Mightyena just gets the blast from the recovery.....me first should probably only be useable in air too....)Facade could work like a lucario type move, the higher the percent the more the move does.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If you mean another SSE for this topic, yeah, Sirkibble would be a good choice, although this topic has no shortage of SSEs. . .I'd also like to see what Mendez would come up with, but he's busy earning money at the meatery. Killing animals is fun!

For the next topic's SSEs, how about the winner of this topic, as well as one slot open for a person who didn't make an SSE in this topic? People who barely got their SSEs started wouldn't count. Another option would be to just guarantee one slot for the winner of this one then take it from there.

Decent progress on the 4th chapter of my SSE, it's turning out to have a much less serious tone, instead being rather humurous like I predicted. Kind of hard not to be humurous when you've got characters like Pizzaman, Zombie and CEO though, heh.

@Mightyena: If you're really looking for some form of recovery, you can use quick attack and have it work like Lucario's up B or Ike's side B. Curse would be another decent attack if Mightyena has it, decreasing his speed but increasing attack power. Most of the moves you listed don't go with Mightyena's feel IMO, but you don't exactly have a lot of options.

I'm pretty sure Mightyena can use dig, why don't you use that? Have him dig in to the ground with down B, being able to move around while burrowed, then pop out and attack anyone. He'd be able to knocked out of dig with attack that hit the ground, such as dtilts.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Ah, thank you for the suggestion. I went with the egg move Me First for Mightyena's up-B, but I was considering Dig. Me First is different from the games: it has the most priority of any attack in the game (yup, even the Whorenado) but it does 5% damage with no knockback. And for Facade I used status changes to power it up (which makes it somewhat useless in competitive play, but I might put in a special mechanic or adjust it). B Down is Taunt, and for B Forward I might cheat a bit and use Quick Attack or Faint attack (Hey, I'm pretty sure Pika doesn't learn Skull Bash in the games).

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
well guys i was gonna make a SSe but since there are sooo many im gonna wait a long time before I think fo making one heh heh.

I think mightyena learns feint attack....it should look cool, a move that creates illusions, then strikes! Should be weak but hard to dodge (it has a no miss effect in pokemon, right?)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:
I'd also like to see what Mendez would come up with, but he's busy earning money at the meatery. Killing animals is fun!
For the record:

1. I actually work at PetSmart now. It's much, much more fun, and pays $0.25 more!

2. The animals are already dead. :bee:

3. I'm not going to make an SSE, because I'm too busy making pretty pictures, and I've got an anonymous project within SWF to work on, and those silly reviews as well.

@Iron Thorn: You should incorporate Thief and Sucker Punch somewhere in that Mightyena set, assuming you haven't already. Thief could actually be his pummel, which would be slower than most characters', but would have the added effect of stealing any "gear" items the foe was wearing and putting them on Mightyena. Sucker Punch, being the Dark version of Quick Attack that it is, could actually be his recovery, if you look at how Pikachu uses QA.

Or not. Just suggestions. :bee:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Must........resist.......urge.........to...........make.......SSE................

That's it. Imma make a SSE too AFTER i finish Sagi. Is it going to be good? Maybe. Is it going to be biased? Soooo darn yes.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ahand for B Forward I might cheat a bit and use Quick Attack or Faint attack (Hey, I'm pretty sure Pika doesn't learn Skull Bash in the games).
Not to mention that Thunder Jolt isn't even a move. . . :ohwell:

You always have options like Dark Pulse and Take Down. . .though I'd be interested to see a move like Scary Face or Leer be pulled off as something feasible. ;)

EDIT: I've received a number of PMs since we said not to post requests for reviews in here, and I want to make something clear. . .

I'm not doing reviews by request. I'm going through the entire thread, page by page, moveset by moveset, reviewing each and every one. Don't ask me to review your moveset; I'll review it when I get to it. Thanks.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
. . .though I'd be interested to see a move like Scary Face or Leer be pulled off as something feasible. ;)
Forward Special: Scary Face - Mightyena leans forward slightly and stares intensely, wide-eyed straight ahead. Any character who's eyes are on the exact same level as Mightyena's when the move is activated (the move reaches all the way across any given level) are thrown on their backs from the sheer intensity of the stare. The best part is that if Scary Face hits an airborne opponent (say, someone coming back toward the stage), they're put into a helpless state, freefalling to their doom! (0%)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
I think I'll use Sucker Punch for the Final Smash, because Giga Impact or Hyper Beam would just be dumb.

...Chief, you're a genius! I've finally got a good forward B!

EDIT: I used Take Down for the dash attack ;3 As an avid Mightyena fan (my 2nd favorite Pokemon and part of my XD and Emerald teams), I think I'm doing pretty well with the limited moveset given me.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey I know it's impossible for Scorpion to appear. But I did make a moveset for him. here it is.

Scorpion

ATTACKS:

A: Ridge Hand
side A: Ninja Sword Slash
side AA: Twisting Fist
side AAA: Head Strike
dashing A: Front Thrust Kick
up A: Low Heel Kick
down A: Stepping Heel Kick
up air: Ninja Sword Slash Up
down air: Axe Kick
reverse air: Wing Chop
side air: Chest Strike

side smash: Open Palm Strike
up smash: Upside Kick
down smash: Snap Kick

GRABS:

grab: normal grab
grab attack: smacks with Ninja Sword
throw side: normal throw
throw up: kicks hard
throw down: slams ground

SPECIALS:

Standard B: Bloody Spear - Scorpion throws out his spear and if it gets a hold of someone he pulls them back saying "GET OVER HERE!"

Up B: Teleport Attack - Teleporting behind his opponent he connects with a punch

Side B: Backflip Kick - Scorpion performs a backflip kick followed by a trail of fire

Down B: Hellfire - Scorpion summons the fires of Hell to burn his opponent from underneath

FINAL SMASH:

Netherrealm: Scorpion turns the whole stage into the Netherrealm and it burns the Characters except for Scorpion for 20 seconds before the stage turns back to normal.

ENTRANCE:

Scorpion comes in by throwing his spear to the ground and pulls him there.

TAUNT:

Scorpion takes out his spear and throws it and pulls the screen to him saying "GET OVER HERE!"

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
IT's all I could do. But I also have one for Reptile, Sub-Zero, and Ermac too. Want me to tell you those. also.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
^^^^^^Finally!!!! Something that beats Fierce Deity Link! Congratulations!!!!!

[/Sarcasm]

Seriously though, you're going to need a LOT more detail if you're going to get anywhere.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
dammit. I thought you were for serious but until I saw sarcasm. Dammit!

Anyway that's all I could think of. But if you like. I can do Reptile, Sub-Zero, and Ermac right now.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Forward Special: Scary Face - Mightyena leans forward slightly and stares intensely, wide-eyed straight ahead. Any character who's eyes are on the exact same level as Mightyena's when the move is activated (the move reaches all the way across any given level) are thrown on their backs from the sheer intensity of the stare. The best part is that if Scary Face hits an airborne opponent (say, someone coming back toward the stage), they're put into a helpless state, freefalling to their doom! (0%)
How long does the helplessness last?

And would taller characters be immune from Mightyena's gaze? Otherwise, I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom