• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How long does the helplessness last?

And would taller characters be immune from Mightyena's gaze? Otherwise, I like it :)
If you're hit by the move in the air, you'd better hope you're already above the stage, or at least withing DI range of the ledge, because the move takes away any remaining jumps and special moves you have yet to use. You could Air Dodge it, and I stress that the hitbox is INCREDIBLY thin...but no, the helplessness doesn't "wear off".

And the move can be used in the air, so if you wanted to hit an idle Ganondorf, por ejemplo, you'd probably have to short hop before using it if you wanted to hit him. But against fighters like Pikachu or Olimar, it'd be really easy to spam (though with no damage and a bit of lag, it'd still be easy to get around. The move comes out really fast though).

And of course, if a character's eyes are closed (Curry, Metal Box, etc.), it won't effect them. ;)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mike, check out the movesets of some of the regulars in this thread. (I won't name names because I know I'll forget some people.) Notice in particular the detail that they put into every move, including tilts, aerials, etc.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace

Reptile

ATTACKS:

A: Scratching Claw
side A: Low Paw Attack
side AA: Double Claw Strike
side AAA: Chameleon Palm
dashing A: Lizard Smash
up A: Upward Elbow Strike
down A: Hooking Sweep
up air: Dual Uppercut
down air: Low Hook Kick
reverse air: Reversal
side air: Mid Hook Kick

side smash: Throw
up smash: Spinning Back Kick
down smash: Low Snap Punch

GRABS:

grab: Normal Grab
grab attack: Grabs and whips them with his Tail
throw side: Throw and kicks.
throw up: Throws up in air and uses tail to whip at them twice
throw down: Throws to ground and tail lashes them.

SPECIALS:

Standard B: Acid Spit - Reptile spits out Acid giving a Character 5% damgae.

Up B: Running Serpent - Reptile swiftly runs behind the opponent and delivers a successful elbow into their face

Side B: Rolling Spikes - Reptile curls himself up into a ball and rolls forward, knocking the opponent off their feet.

Down B: Invisability - Reptile turns invisable but once hitted he turns visable again.

FINAL SMASH:

Raging Lizard - Reptile goes on a rage and begins clawing mauling alot and will also spit acid alot.

ENTRANCE:

Reptile is invisable and then becomes visable.

TAUNT:

Reptile hisses loudly.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
If you're hit by the move in the air, you'd better hope you're already above the stage, or at least withing DI range of the ledge, because the move takes away any remaining jumps and special moves you have yet to use. You could Air Dodge it, and I stress that the hitbox is INCREDIBLY thin...but no, the helplessness doesn't "wear off".

And the move can be used in the air, so if you wanted to hit an idle Ganondorf, por ejemplo, you'd probably have to short hop before using it if you wanted to hit him. But against fighters like Pikachu or Olimar, it'd be really easy to spam (though with no damage and a bit of lag, it'd still be easy to get around. The move comes out really fast though).

And of course, if a character's eyes are closed (Curry, Metal Box, etc.), it won't effect them. ;)
Ah, I see. So it makes them 'idle' like after most characters use their recovery special (at least in the air)?

I like it!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Even better than last time!!! This is sure to win the contest!!!!!!! No one can beat it!! Not mine, Commander's, Mendez's, Warlord's, Kibble's, Thorn's, Chris's, Spadefox's, smashbots', and practically everyone in this thread is better!!!!!

But seriously, please put some effort in your work. Don't try to rush your work like that. Check everyone else's moveset for reference. That's what i did. I learned alot from Kibble's, Chief's, Warlord's, and Chris's movesets. Take your time. That's why my Sagi moveset ain't complete yet.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Mightyena is ALMOST done, but my motivation is failing me and I have to go work on more Latin, so I'm off.

On topic: If you're working on and off, a good moveset can take as long as a week to complete if you don't count tweaking. You gotta research for inspiration and information. You get my insinuation? *starts rapping*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
No kidding. At the very quickest, my movesets take me a couple days, between looking things up from games I haven't played to going and playing the games to refresh my memory. . . It shouldn't be a rushed process.

I mean, anyone can rush a moveset. Let's do one for Meta Knight, in the style of rushing.

But first, for myself and my fellow reviewers:
EXAMPLE MOVESET -- DO NOT RATE OR REVIEW
There we go.

--------------------

META KNIGHT

Standard Attacks
Standard Combo -- Slashes his sword very fast. Hold the button and he will keep slashing.
F-Tilt -- Three-part slash combo
U-Tilt -- Stabs up
D-Tilt -- Stabs along the ground
Dash Attack -- Jumps and kicks

Smash Attacks
F-Smash -- A powerful forward slash
U-Smash -- Three fast overhead slashes
D-Smash -- Quick slashes to the front and back

Aerials
N-Air -- Spins with his sword
F-Air -- Three slashes to the front
B-Air -- Three slashes to the back
U-Air -- Slashes up
D-Air -- Slashes down

Grabs & Throws
Grab -- Normal
Grab Attack -- Hits with claws on wings
F-Throw -- Kicks enemy forward
B-Throw -- Throws enemy back and slashes them
U-Throw -- Like Kirby's
D-Throw -- Like Kirby's

Specials
Neutral B -- Mach Tornado -- Meta Knight spins fast and makes a tornado around him. You can control it by pressing B fast and moving the control stick.

Side B -- Drill Rush -- Meta Knight spins and moves forward. You can angle him up and down.

Up B -- Shuttle Loop -- Meta Knight does a flip and starts gliding forward. He can damage people when he does the flip.

Down B -- Dimensional Cape -- Meta Knight disappears, then reappears and slashes his sword if you hold the B button. You can move him a little before he reappears.

Final Smash -- Galaxia Darkness -- Meta Knight flips his cape. If it hits anyone, they can't move. The screen goes dark, and then Meta Knight slashes his sword and does major damage to people he caught in his cape. If he doesn't hit anyone with his cape, it won't do anything.

--------------------

See, that was pathetically easy, and took me a few minutes. As any of us know, there's a lot more to all these moves than what I've listed here. On top of that, you realize just how unoriginal some of these moves are. I could just as easily have said "various sword slashes," and omitted a good portion of all this, and it would've meant about the same thing. The point is, put some effort into it! We really want to be able to envision your character playing, not have a rough idea of how their specials would work.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
That Mean Look sounds overpowered to me. Mostly because of the range. That's like an automatic death sentence, why even bother trying to recover, you know you're going to die.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That Mean Look sounds overpowered to me. Mostly because of the range. That's like an automatic death sentence, why even bother trying to recover, you know you're going to die.
If you see it coming, it's easy to air dodge, since the move's hitbox is only present for a split second (there's a twinkle in Mightyena's eye to show this).

And again, I stress how ridiculously hard it would be to accurately snipe a player moving through the air with this. The hitbox is only as tall vertically as Mightyena's pupil, which basically equates to one or two pixels in the game.

Think of it as an invisible line that shoots straight ahead, and unless that line ends on another character's eyes, the move does nothing.

Better now?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Now it sounds useless ;_;
On the ground, it can hit most smaller-medium characters from any distance, and by making it so difficult to land in the air, it's even better when you actually do land it.

Sort of like Wolf's Side Special's spiking effect. If it's too useless though, Iron Thorn could always toss on a few points of damage as a result of the opponent being knocked onto the ground or something.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I think that that's a pretty unique implementation of a strange attack. Mightyena's looking pretty good, anyway.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If you need to make the hitbox bigger, you could make it use Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revoloution's animation for Scary Face. A giant evil looking mouth and eyes appear in front of Mightyena, and it only affects those in a small range in front of him, but with a much bigger hitbox then Mendez's proposed Scary Face.

Progress is going well on my SSE. I just need 3 more levels and a boss. Currently have 7 levels in and one boss. The chapter should hopefully be up some time tomorrow or possibly even later today.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dude, that is awesome. Someone should do Ken from Survivor after a few more episodes.
I might, once the season is over. I know right now that I would probably include some Smash-related stuff, as well as something with the termite he got Michelle to eat...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Assist Trophy

Clone Balls: These are the pokeballs MEWTWO uses in his movie, and they are pretty helpful. Around 15 of these appear from the background (they teleport in and then zoom to the stage), and they seek out the foes nearest them. They can be countered/attacks, causing them to drop to the floor and teleport away. However, if one smacks its target, a white light will emit from it, latch onto the foe, and drag them into the pokeball. Once capturing an enemy, it remains in place (even in the air) and rocks back and forth as the character inside tries to escape. Being inside a Clone Ball will rack up damage slowly, causing 1% damage per second.

the balls are attacked, more damage will accumulate for the trapped Brawler inside. The 15 appear quickly, 5 at a time, after one gets K.O.'d, another will take it's place. If all of your foes are trapped before all 15 spawn, then they will stop spawning. It is possible to escape a ball like a grab, but much harder. Occasionally, a Clone Ball will attack another Clone Ball already holding a character, increasing the damage to 2% per second, and making it all the harder for the character to escape. The clone balls will spit characters out and disapear after around 20 seconds of carnage.

------------------
Added this to my MEWTWO moveset. :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
flyinfilipino said:
Mighty good!
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

@LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME - Your name is ridiculously hard to write. Anyway, the Clone Balls sound really neat...but also horrifically overpowered. 45 seconds is almost half the duration of a standard match.

Also, two particularly awesome ways to spend a few minutes. In particular, everyone here will love the second one.

Shadenfreude! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYzsRMaQpo
Everyone has to watch this - http://www.youtube.com/experiencewii

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Yes, i agree on multiple things.

1. take your time when making movesets.

2. Ken for SSB4

3. The pokeballs do seem overpowered a bit, but it looks unique.

I'm currently working on my Sagi moveset and i'm half done, but laziness ensues me. I'll work (and hopefully finish it) on it tommorrow.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME - Your name is ridiculously hard to write. Anyway, the Clone Balls sound really neat...but also horrifically overpowered. 45 seconds is almost half the duration of a standard match.
You type his full username out, yet I've been Kibble to everyone for months...

This is why we call him Luvtoy.

And those Clone Balls do sound a bit overpowered. And exactly how does it work as an Assist Trophy? Sounds like a Mewtwo-only thing...

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
My special project should hopefully be done in the next 3 weeks, give or take 1 1/2 weeks, but have we come to the agreement of absolutley no new SSE? After working so hard on him, I don't feel fulfilled, if he didn't atleast make the opening chps. of atleast 2 SSE's, I know I'm sounding like a total complainer right now but you will hopefully understand when my project is complete.......

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Also, two particularly awesome ways to spend a few minutes. In particular, everyone here will love the second one.

Shadenfreude! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYzsRMaQpo
Everyone has to watch this - http://www.youtube.com/experiencewii
Yes, i agree on multiple things.

1. take your time when making movesets.

2. Ken for SSB4

3. The pokeballs do seem overpowered a bit, but it looks unique.

I'm currently working on my Sagi moveset and i'm half done, but laziness ensues me. I'll work (and hopefully finish it) on it tommorrow.
You type his full username out, yet I've been Kibble to everyone for months...

This is why we call him Luvtoy.

And those Clone Balls do sound a bit overpowered. And exactly how does it work as an Assist Trophy? Sounds like a Mewtwo-only thing...
I changed it from 45 to 20..

And ummm yeah sorry! Lol I forgot I was oing an assist trophy kinda and started thinking final smash! Haha (which would still be over-powered.) That's why I was referring to everything as MEWTWO's... my bad! :laugh:

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Okayz, I've finally decided on my next moveset:

The big, bad, boogeyman, hungry for your brain...

SYLAR!!!

Expect all sorts of crazy powers!

COMING SOON, and will most likely be found on page 417.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman

SYLAR!!!

No, Sylar doesn't eat people's brains.

Remember how Sylar only touched Pantierre's brain to get her power to regenerate?

But Sylar would be awesome though. But cutting people's head with blood dripping using those powers would probably be out of league with Smash because there isn't supposed to be blood drawn remember?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

SYLAR!!!

Kiki's right. he Doesn't eat brain's. It fact, he said that it's disgusting in the latest episode (3.01, I think)

Anyways, Ouendan, my latest creation, might be postponed for now, as there is not enough inspiration for the character. Expect to see the final smash(s) and possibly some special moves for now in my sig.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
*Waits on next page to post SSE chapter impatiently*

I can't believe there are over 50 bloody movesets in the SSE now . .I've managed to include quite a large cast.

Zombie has already taken the position of eating brains. BRRRRAAAAIIIINNNNSSSS. . .

Of course the thread has to slow down just a bit too soon. . .Bah humbug. It's 100% ready to go, BBcode and everything.

Anyone ever notice who terrible movesets are whenever they're posted anywhere else but here? Most movesets I see are about as good as SmashBrosMike's or very slightly better, but I'm just amazed whenever I see a moveset anywhere here how bad they are. I think we've really done a good job of getting each other to improve. What say you?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
My special project should hopefully be done in the next 3 weeks, give or take 1 1/2 weeks, but have we come to the agreement of absolutley no new SSE? After working so hard on him, I don't feel fulfilled, if he didn't atleast make the opening chps. of atleast 2 SSE's, I know I'm sounding like a total complainer right now but you will hopefully understand when my project is complete.......
Don't worry, if I make a SSE in MYM 4, I plan to inlcude a few move sets that were great but didn't get to appear in any stories in this thread. So if you're special project is as awesome as you make it out to be, I'll be sure to give him recognition.

Syler should be fun. I'm assuming he'll have a way to copy the powers of other characters?

Edit: @MasterWarlord: I definatley agree that we've all helped each other to improve. My Bass move set was originally much less detailed than the final product, but then I saw your Knightmare... I was like, "That's it, I have take my game up a notch".:)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Anyone ever notice who terrible movesets are whenever they're posted anywhere else but here? Most movesets I see are about as good as SmashBrosMike's or very slightly better, but I'm just amazed whenever I see a moveset anywhere here how bad they are. I think we've really done a good job of getting each other to improve. What say you?
Yea, I say.

I see lists of specials posted somewhere and I think "But. . . Where's the rest? . . . Needs moar victory pose!!"

Really, I think we've all encouraged each other to step these movesets up. And it's a life skill, too (because I'm feeling extra awesome today), because it teaches us to give attention to things like detail, organization, and clarity.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Really, I think we've all encouraged each other to step these movesets up. And it's a life skill, too (because I'm feeling extra awesome today), because it teaches us to give attention to things like detail, organization, and clarity.
You know what's funny? I've actually gotten more enjoyment out of making my more detailed move sets than my less detailed ones. It just feels nice to really be able to envision the character in Brawl. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I know exactly what you mean, Hyper Ridley. I felt infinitely more satisfied with my three better movesets after finishing them, especially Voldo and Cervantes. Yoshimitsu and Big were meh, although I did have a good feeling upon completing K. Rool due to him actually deserving to be in Brawl, being my first moveset, and him being my most wanted character for Brawl.

One more post till I post the SSE. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom