• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Sorry, but Bonkers is going to be delayed. I was on his Final Smash, then my comp froze. I'm extremely pissed and I'm not going to make that moveset over again now.
Objection!

Tell me, Mr. Blitzkrieg, if your computer is so broken that you can't edit simple text, then just how are you able to access this forum, and so in idiosyncratizational terms: the internet at large!?

dancingfrogman said:
it's not surprising if you think like this: "Luigi's going to have similar specials to Mario because they are brothers and have the same build" and thats what they get, is it?
Yeah, but at least Mario and Luigi have two similar Specials. It would be like making a Star Fox character without a reflector, or a Fire Emblem fighter who lacks a Counter, and so on and so on.

I agree with Junahu on this one. Tails really should get a Spin-Dash. I mean, it can be different from Sonic's (slower, but faster turn speed, ricochet off opponent's if you jump into them, etc.), but that's one of Tails' trademark moves. :dizzy:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Objection!

Tell me, Mr. Blitzkrieg, if your computer is so broken that you can't edit simple text, then just how are you able to access this forum, and therefore the internet at large!?

I'm pretty sure he means that his computer froze while he was doing the moveset, and so he lost it and doesn't want to redo it all. Only through the power of resetting is he now here with us.

Oh, and I think you meant "furthermore" or "moreover," not "therefore." You've got to make sure you use the correct big words, Chief. ;)

Yeah, but at least Mario and Luigi have two similar Specials. It would be like making a Star Fox character without a reflector, or a Fire Emblem fighter who lacks a Counter, and so on and so on.

I agree with Junahu on this one. Tails really should get a Spin-Dash. I mean, it can be different from Sonic's (slower, but faster turn speed, ricochet off opponent's if you jump into them, etc.), but that's one of Tails' trademark moves. :dizzy:
I third the motion.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Big Dumb Jerk said:
I think you meant "furthermore" or "moreover," not "therefore." You've got to make sure you use the correct big words, Chief. ;)
I fixed it. :bee:

EDIT: Objection!

Double posting, I see! Ignoring the unspoken rules of SWF means...you're a rule-braker! Therefore I have no choice but to disown you.

*disowns SiKibble*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
First of all, IMMA STEAL THAT PIC!!!!!

Second of all, that master chief moveset is extremely well done. I like what you did with his forward special. I also like how you didn't include A attacks. A attacks are lame and everyone knows that. Overall, it's better than Fierce Deity, and what ever the heck Smashbrosmike made.
[/sarcasm]

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I fixed it. :bee:
Is that even a word? Oh, heck, at least it sounds cool now. ;)

EDIT: Objection!

Double posting, I see! Ignoring the unspoken rules of SWF means...you're a rule-braker! Therefore I have no choice but to disown you.

*disowns SiKibble*

No!! It's not my fault. My computer told me the post hadn't gone through, so I rewrote it! I swear, I didn't mean to! Don't leave me!
Wait, didn't I already leave you...?

PS: Very nice use of "therefore."

PPS: You missed the "a" in "breaker" and the "r" in "SirKibble." :)

PPPS: I still love that picture.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
All of my movesets are UPDATED with extras. Take a look at them! Links are in my sig!

and Also: I lol'd at the pic...

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I can't say this very often, but:

That moveset is FLAWLESS. It's one of the best movesets I've personally seen so far.

1. You go into immense detail with ALL of your moves.

2. Your use of BBcode is fine.

3. Incredibly unique moveset.

In short, this one is very good.
I'm glad you like it! :chuckle:

Yay TWEWY characters! You caught the essence of the battle system really well, it's a moveset I really wish I could play. It'd be nice if Neku had more of an active role than "Guy who does the specials", but I guess it makes sense the way it is.
I see where you're coming from, which is why I tried to make the specials as useful as I could and give him some involvement in Shiki's attacks.

1) Down B sounds broken, if knocked off the stage, all they have to do is get under the stage and use Down B for an unguardable teleport up to the top. I suggest a projectile eating "Creepy Weepy Barrier", or a Telekinesis instead. Actually, I DEMAND telekinesis. Smacking frogs around with SUVs was so much fun in the game, and grabbing one frog and beating another with it was just too awsome.
I hadn't considered that about Grave Marker actually. :urg: I imagine it can be countered that Neku stops if he hits an impassable platform? He can't really do this to recover, then he won't be able to grab the ledge and just charge down to his death; I'm going to add some stuff in to balance it out, but I don't want to make this down-B too complicated.

2)To keep the light puck going, you have to do a special after every attack. To quote Joshua, "Predictable". At the very least let the light puck pass to Shiki, if Neku dodges an attack that would have otherwise hit him
It seems I've phrased how the Light Puck works poorly. Whoops. The idea is that the Light Puck passes between Neku and Shiki; if Neku attacks with it, then Shiki gets it and has to attack with her moves to pass to Neku.
So the Light Puck combo works like:
Neku -> Shiki -> Neku -> Shiki -> Neku -> Shiki -> Neku -> Shiki -> OhholycrapANYLASTWORDS!??!

Rather than:
Shiki -> Neku -> Shiki -> Shiki -> Hey-where'd-the-Light-Puck-vanish-to?-:(

3)Assist trophy needs moar Jesus beams.
Good idea, but I'm tempted to not add too many.
I'd considered it, but to be honest I simply hate that jerkface for reasons far too spoilerific to go into.

very great moveset for those two kids! Even though ive never played the game i love it. its very detailed! However, the light puck ability can be seen as a bit broken in some circumstances....the light puck should stop charging up at like pass 4 or 5, maybe. Still, its a really unique idea that just plain rocks!
Thanks a bunch for your appreciation there! I had considered the light puck was stretched out too far, but at the same time it seemed a bit too short; I wanted something to aspire to for the (probably) rare occurrence that anyone would pull it off. In the long run, Snake has the right idea; if the enemy's too far away/has YOU on the run rather than the other way round, the ability is useless and the character is relatively underpowered.

Still, I'll definitely consider it. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT - dancingfrogman: Huge respect to the Tails moveset. I like how creatively you set him up, but the overall set of the attacks feel a bit...well, atmospherically unrelated to the Sonicverse aside from the tech and energy gun; it's missing something. I'm with the others, add a variation of Spindash or some other Sonic-esque part that Tails has.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Mom had to go to the ER today for a torn meniscus. She's on crutches and it will probably be about a month until she heals all the way. The injury happened right after Dad dropped me off from school. What happened?

Mom fell down some stairs, then...

...She TRIPPED and passed out because it hurt so much.

SAKURAAAAIIIIIII! YOU CAN TRIP MY CHARACTERS, BUT NOT MY MOTHER! *shakes fist*

To avoid spam, that's really good for a first moveset.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
MASTSA CHEF JOINS DA FRAY![/B]

B - Grenade: Thorws a gernade

B forwad - Roocket luncher: Liek Snake's

B up - Jetpac: Liek Rob's

B Down - Sparta Shield: Energe sheld form Halo

Final Smesh - Scorpian Thank: Rides around in tank that can mastar al land blowing up sheet

Lex Luthor: WRONG!

B: "Plama rifle": Rapidly shoots small energy bullets that do no knockback

>B: "Sword Dash": Uses the sword lock-on glitch in Halo 2 to dash fowards quickly.

^B: "Grenade Jump": Uses a grenade to propell himself in one of 8 directions.

VB: "Overshield": Green shield appears around Master Chief that reflects projectiles.

Final Smash: "Scorpion Tank": Master Chief gets in a Scorpion Tank that can roll, shoot lasers, or hover.

Oh, and I agree that Tails should have a Spin Dash. It's one of his signature tachniques, and it's only one move that he would share with Sonic. That's not even close to being a clone.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Mom had to go to the ER today for a torn meniscus. She's on crutches and it will probably be about a month until she heals all the way. The injury happened right after Dad dropped me off from school. What happened?

Mom fell down some stairs, then...

...She TRIPPED and passed out because it hurt so much.

SAKURAAAAIIIIIII! YOU CAN TRIP MY CHARACTERS, BUT NOT MY MOTHER! *shakes fist*

To avoid spam, that's really good for a first moveset.
Sigged.

Furthermore, Masta Chef has rocked the thread. I'm inspired to imagine an Arbiter based off of that design.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Has a serious Master Chief move set ever been made in any of the MYMs? I think he could actually be cool, he could use his sword and melee strikes from all of his various weapons. Maybe he could even do more damage if he hits from behind.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You missed the "a" in "breaker" and the "r" in "SirKibble." :)
Objection!

I actually spelled it without an "e". How is this court thread supposed to believe anything you say if you yourself can't even read with your eyes? Therefore I have no choice but to disown you. Again.

*disowns SiKibble again*

Hyper Ridley said:
Has a serious Master Chief move set ever been made in any of the MYMs? I think he could actually be cool, he could use his sword and melee strikes from all of his various weapons. Maybe he could even do more damage if he hits from behind.
I was actually thinking of doing one eventually, and still might in MYM 4, but as far as I know the only ones that weren't joke 'sets were just bad 'sets.

I do agree though. Energy Sword uppercut, Man-Cannon, Plasma Stickies, and so on. He really is awesome character: you can tell by how much people ridicule him. :chuckle:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Too bad half of it doesn't show up. :ohwell:

Yes. MYM 2.0. You'd have to look it up, but I'm 99.999999999% sure there was one.

Objection!

I actually spelled it without an "e".
. . . $#!+

How is this court thread supposed to believe anything you say if you yourself can't even read with your eyes? Therefore I have no choice but to disown you. Again.

*disowns SiKibble again*

Gah!! It's SirKibble!!

PS: I don't read with my eyes. My computer screen translates to Braille and then I proceed to read with my toes.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I'm not that confident on Master Chief. Of course it could work no problem, and provides windows for resourcefulness and creativity just like Snake did, but atmospherically...well, he depends a truckload on guns. Guns, guns and more guns. Not to mention, the guy's meant to be an omnipotent sort of soldier, he's strong, sturdy and versatile with anything given to him. The only penalty I can think of is additional vulnerability if his shields are knocked down.

Though I can easily see Zero Suit Chief coming out of this. :p

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm not that confident on Master Chief. Of course it could work no problem, and provides windows for resourcefulness and creativity just like Snake did, but atmospherically...well, he depends a truckload on guns. Guns, guns and more guns. Not to mention, the guy's meant to be an omnipotent sort of soldier, he's strong, sturdy and versatile with anything given to him. The only penalty I can think of is additional vulnerability if his shields are knocked down.
Objection!

If I remember correctly, Dr. Mardyke (and I always do), this contest is simply about showing off characters--any character--in terms of Smash Bros.-compatible sets of moves...not about how likely a given character is to ever be included in one such game. How dare you pollute this haven of a thread with filthy, rotten talk like that!?

Though I can easily see Zero Suit Chief coming out of this. :p
LOL WUT :chuckle:

FoxyAlopex said:
Has anyone made a move set for the Shadow Queen?
Yes. Yes, many, many people have already covered Shadow Queen. It's really not worth it to make another one.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Chapter 6- Where's Mario?

Level 1- Vacation Crashers

When Bowser once again attempted to kidnap Peach during her ball, Mario was nowhere to be found. Instead, a new hero, Sain, had to step up to rescue the Princess. Mario had gotten bored of his tedious life of rescuing a ungrateful Princess from Bowser on a regular basis for no pay. He decided to vacation in Delfino Plaza.

Mario's vacation would be short-lived, however, for the city soon came under attack by the Subspace Army.

Part 1- Surrounded
Useable Characters- Mario
Objectives- Destroy the Subspace Army (30 total) or survive for 2 minutes.

It seems that Mario is in a bit more trouble than he can handle. He becomes completely surrounded. A Greap moves in, its scythes looming menacingly over Mario. Suddenly, a green fire ball strikes the Greap, knocking it down.

Mario turns to see his savior, Luigi.

Part 2- Don't Forget Weegee!
Useable Characters- Mario, Luigi
Objectives- Destroy the remaining Subspace Army (50 total).
Notes- Enemy number 50 is the Greap.

Mario wants to talk to his brother, but their job isn't done yet. They know that they must rout every enemy in the city.

Part 3- Routing Delfino
Useable Characters- Mario, Luigi
Objectives- Go throughout the entire Delfino Plaza, destroying every Subspace enemy along the way.
Details-
This is a pretty straight-forward side-scrolling level. The Subspace Army will appear not only on the roads, but they will also sneak out of alleys and jump from the roofs of buildings. The last part of the level will be the central area of the plaza.

Once the plaza has been cleared, they are attacked again, this time not by Primids, but by something much worse.

Dry Bowser leaps down from the roof of a building, being immediately followed by a large group of flying Koopa Paratroopas. This fight is clearly not in favor of the Mario Bros.... that is until a boomerang soars through the air.

All of the paratroopas are grounded by the boomerang. The rang returns to its owner, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Part 4- Bowser the Undead
Useable Characters- Mario, Luigi, Ty The Tazmanian Tiger
Objectives- Defeat Dry Bowser and the Koopa Troopas.
Notes-
No matter who you choose, you will be aided by 2 computer controlled allies, who control the other 2 characters.
Don't waste time. Destroy the enemy while you still have help.
Ty's boomerang is great for destroying clumped Koopas.
Use the Koopa shells to your advantage, but beware the dangerous red shells.

When the koopas are defeated, Dry Bowser retreats, hopping into his new gothic ride, which matches his new undead look.

Level 2- Back To Business

Mario and Luigi know the imminent danger of their current situation. They know that if they are to defeat this new evil, or even survive for that matter, they would need an army. One "person" immediately came into their mind. That person was none other than Pit, commander of Palutena's Army. Ty decided to come along as well.

And so Mario, Luigi, and Ty head for Sky World. The quickest way there would be to take a plane from Delfino.

Part 1-Leaving Already?
Useable Characters- Mario, Luigi, Ty The Tazmanian Tiger
Objectives- Find a plane.
Details-
This is a side-scrolling level. Just journey through Delfino until you find a plane. Unlike most levels, it is not straightforward, and is instead a maze of sorts. This is unique in that there are no fights along the way. Once you find a plane, this part ends.

The group has found their ride, but the owner isn't willing to give it up without a fight.

Miles "Tails" Prower

Part 2- Sorry But We Need That Plane
Useable Characters- Mario, Luigi, Ty the Tazmanian Tiger (choose one)
Opponent- Miles "Tails" Prower
Objectives- Defeat Tails in a stamina match

After Tails is defeated, he calls for help. A blue blur flashes across the screen and a hedgehog appears beside Tails. Sonic The Hedgehog.

Seeing Mario, Sonic decides to have a battle for old times sake.

Part 3- Red Vs. Blue
Useable Characters- Mario or Sonic
Opponent- Mario or Sonic
Objective- Win Or Lose. (Stamina)
Notes-
This is a unique fight. Win or lose, the story continues almost exactly the same. The character who wins will effect the next conversation somewhat.

If Mario Wins:
Sonic is knocked to floor and Mario mocks him with a "Hah! Hah!"

If Sonic Wins:
Sonic runs circles around a tired Mario.
"Come on... keep up... your to slow!"

After that little dialogue (if it can even be called that), Sonic and Tails join your group and allow you to use their plane.

Level 3- Next Stop, SKYWORLD!

It would appear as though the group's job won't be easy, for their plane isn't the only thing roaming the night sky. They are immediately attacked by Vampires, lead by none other than Dracula.

The group reacts in shock, but the quick mind of Tails quickly formulates the best possible plan.

Part 1- Battle In The Skies
Useable Characters- Tails
Ally- Ty The Tazmanian Tiger
Objectives- Survive for 2 minutes.
Details-
You play as Tails. During this fight, you possess the ability to fly around for an unlimited duration. Pretty much the only way to die is to suicide, or to be knocked out of the stage when your damage gets high enough.
Ty the Tazmanian Tiger will be riding on the roof of the ship, throwing his boomerang at the Vampires. Ty is invinceable during this fight. His main purpose is to rack up projectile damage against the attacking vampires so that you can score the KO's.
Dracula will not appear during this fight.

At the end of this fight, the group is overwhelmed by the vampires. But hope is not lost, for white wings are seen flying through the sky.

Pit

Pit didn't come alone. He brought a squadron of angels with him. The angels attack the vampires, and an epic battle commences.

One vampire remains uncontested.... Dracula.

Part 2- Angel Vs. Demon
Playable Characters- Pit
Opponent- Dracula
Objective- Win Or Lose (Stamina Match 300%)
Details-
Whether you win or lose, this fight ends the same.
You will have constant flight during this fight, as will Dracula, so the only way for one of you to win/lose is to SD or to have your health brought all the way down to 0%.

After this fight ends, whether you win or lose, the vampires are defeated by Pit's army of angels, and Dracula, despite having the upper hand in the fight vs. Pit, is forced to retreat.

Pit, now to tired to maintain flight, falls from the sky. Tails re-assumes command of the plane and dips down just in time to save the white-winged boy.

The group now has an army, but the situation has grown even more grave. Its not just Tabuu and Bowser... but also vampires! As far as they knew, that might not even be the entire enemy force!

Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 6.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Edit: Sorry, submitted this before I was done tweaking the format. Be forewarned, it's a long read, because it's a double moveset. If you're having trouble visualising a particular move, please tell me so I can mock up a picture of it

original character \/\/
Donna (Levman)

The legendary Photographer, Donna, is ready to brawl!
(See trophy description for info on her backstory)
Unlock: Take 50 total in game snapshots

Alt. colours:

__Play style__

About Donna's Camera: Donna behaves fundamentally different, depending on whether or not she has her 'ye olde' Camera in her hands. The camera itself appears with her as a battering item, and behaves as such if any other character picks it up. When the camera is on the ground, it lies on its back with the camera lens pointing up.

About Losing/Claiming Donna's Camera: If she loses the camera off stage, or it is destroyed by enemy attacks, she can spawn another in a way similar to Wario's bikes (Her up B tether, spawns a new camera if needed, as does her AAA combo). Just like Wario's bikes, Donna can only have one of her cameras out at a time, and Donna's Camera can be used by other Donna players. When Donna picks up another Donna's camera, it becomes her camera (ie. Donna claims that camera for herself). If, at that time, she had her own camera somewhere on the stage, it becomes the opponent's camera instead.

About snapshots: Some of Donna's special attacks allow her to take snapshots with her camera but they are not saved automatically. Donna must stand still for a while with the camera so that she can develop the photo. This takes 3 second of idling. Only the most recent photo taken can be developed (i.e. if you take a second photo without developing the first, then the first is deleted automatically)

Switching Styles: To rid Donna of the camera, either throw it (exactly like a battering item is thrown) or use Donna's down B . If the camera is still around, she can pick the camera up again. Certain attacks like her dash attack will part her briefly from her camera, automatically retrieving it at the end. If the attack is interrupted midway, she will have to pick it up again manually.

With camera: She is stronger, slower and a faster faller with the camera in her hands. Most attacks utilise her camera's extended reach and knockback to clobber and launch enemies, sacrificing speed and % damage in exchange. The priority of her attacks is increased with her camera, but is still below average. She cannot Wall Jump with the camera, but she can Wall Cling and use a tether recovery (up B). Trying to grab while holding a camera results in Donna dropping or throwing the camera. Donna must drop the camera to pick up other items.

Without camera: She is faster, weaker and a slower faller when bereft of her Camera. Her attacks have the advantage of speed and damage, but the majority of the moves use the same fundamental motions as "With camera", abeit with a shorter range. She has almost no priority when attacking, but very little startup and wind-down lag. She can wall jump without a camera, but cannot Wall Cling and has few recovery options.

Pros
  • Good horizontal recovery
  • An evil, evil edgeguard (thanks to the many many spikes, gimps and camera techniques she has at her disposal)
  • Certain aerials keep Donna in the air longer. Her ability to switch from fast fall to slow fall in particular gives Donna a better than most aerial game.
  • Can switch between two wildly varying styles almost instantaneously by dropping/picking up the camera. Since throwing the camera changes Donna's play style, She has a plethora of possible combos that involve quickly switching back and forth.
  • Her ability to activate the camera's flash, even if she doesn't have the camera, can stop approaches dead in their tracks, edgeguard from two different points at once, or even set up combos for her
  • The camera can take snapshots in the heat of battle. The snapshot will be from the Camera's POV. The Camera's POV is also added to the pause screen views you can cycle through. Bonza snapshots and crazy replay views ahoy!

Cons
  • Poor Priority. Donna relies on combo opportunities more than anyone.
  • No projectiles (Other than throwing the camera)
  • Terrible vertical recovery. Donna won't be able to recover from spikes at even the lowest percentages
  • Tether recovery can be out-prioritised by strong attacks, canceling it entirely
  • Few vertical and horizontal KO options
  • Various moves not possible depending on whether Donna has a camera or not. If your opponent gets that camera away from you and holds on to it, he'll be the one controlling the flow of battle. Hope you like being gimped.

How to use Donna well: Donna relies on her astounding edgeguarding techniques for KOs, although she can get some KOs through excessive comboing in "Without Camera" stance and a single strong launch With the camera. Advanced players will switch back and forth between the styles to pull off long attack chains, mostly aerial in nature. Donna's overwhelmingly low priority means than getting that first attack in can be almost impossible, but almost every one of Donna's attacks has a situational use that makes Donna a worthwhile character to learn. Donna takes a LOT of skill to use at the highest levels of play because of the sheer volume of different attacks and techniques at her disposal. Her play style makes a good counter to projectile users, heavyweights and anyone with poor recovery but she falls apart against characters with high aerial priority. She is Higher-Mid Tier, due to how easily she is gimped and outprioritised (Especially since she relies on gimps for KOs so much)

__Statistics__

Size: Slightly shorter than most "Human" characters. About 7/8 the height of Zelda
5/10 (With Camera)
5.5/10 (Without Camera)

Crouch Size: Donna can crouch quite low without a camera.
4/10 (With camera)
2/10 (Without camera)

Weight: Donna is around the middle in terms of weight class, though she weighs more with a camera.
6/10 (With camera)
5/10 (Without camera)

Launch Power: Donna has some high launching attacks but only with a camera
5/10 (With camera)
3/10 (without camera)

Range: Donna's range with the camera is still short of many sword users'
6/10 (With Camera)
4/10 (Without camera)

Damage: Attack damage is far greater without a camera.
3/10 (With Camera)
6/10 (Without Camera)

Attack Speed: Most camera attacks have some stifling lag behind them
3/10 (With Camera)
7/10 (Without Camera)

Walking Speed: Donna is quite slow with a camera and much faster without
3/10 (With Camera)
5/10 (Without camera)

Running Speed: The difference is even greater while dashing
5/10 (With Camera)
7/10 (Without camera)

Mid Air Manouverability: Donna is quite stubborn in the air, handling much better without her camera
3/10 (With Camera)
6/10 (Without camera)

Fall Speed: Donna is not a fast faller, even with the camera. Her floatiness lends herself well to horizontal recoveries
6/10 (With Camera)
4/10 (Without camera)

1st Jump: Donna has an abysmal first jump
2/10 (With Camera)
3/10 (Without camera)

2nd Jump: ...And a roughly equal second jump. Vertical recovery is not her friend
3/10 (With Camera)
2/10 (Without camera)

3rd Jump: N/A

Wall Jump: 'Without camera' only
Wall Cling: 'With camera' only
Crawl: N/A
Glide: N/A
Tether Recovery: 'With camera' only. Activated as an 'up B' move

__Ground attacks: (With Camera)__

A: Shunt (3%):
holding the camera upright (tripod legs pointing to the ground) with both hands, Donna rams it foreward. Short range, but the attack is as tall as the camera and it also pulls the foe in.

AA: Lamp (1%):
After the Shunt, she pulls the camera back and uppercuts the foe with her left fist. Even shorter range than Shunt, Lamp knocks the foe up. She steps backward during the attack

AAA: Clang (5%):
She holds the bottom of the tripod firmly in her right hand and slams the camera down onto the opponent in a quick 190 degree arc. The range is half the length of the camera. This attack bounces the opponent off the ground away from Donna.

Comments: Donna's AAA combo is surprisingly slow, particularly the first hit. The foe also has to be pretty close for all three attacks to connect. If the foe doesn't tech after Clang however, they'll be in the perfect position for a Huey Whip, magic Carpet or even a KERANG or Camera-Stand at low percentages. Satisfying, but let's not delude outrselves. Noone's going to just stand there and wait for Donna's AAA to come out.

Foreward Tilt: Huey Whip (3%x3):
Grabbing the camera by its head, Donna spins on the spot, using the momentum at the end of the spin to thrust the camera foreward. the 3 legs of the Tripod gives the attack 3 hits, the last launching the foe. The range of this attack is the full length of the camera, the closer the opponent to Donna, the greater the knockback of the attack.

Comments: Donna's only Camera move that can realistically result in a horizontal KO. Quicker than a smash attack, but slower than tilts usually are. Huey Whip launches the foe quite far when you sweetspot it so, despite the ranged qualities of the attack, it should only be used in close quarters. It stays out long enough to punish spotdodges and some rolls, but anyone hit near the tip of the attack can DI out of the following hits with ease.

Upward Tilt: Flag Down (4%-8%):
While, holding the middle of the camera, Donna Swings it above and behind her in an 160 degree arc, rising to the balls of her feet at the peak of the attack. The range of the attack is greater at the top than at the sides. The launch power of this move is better than that of Donna's Up smash. If the opponent is hit at the start of the attack, they are thrown upward toward the peak of the swing whereupon they are struck again. If hit at the end of the attack, the foe is not launched.

Comments: Like Huey Whip, this move is better than its smash equivelent for KOs. Because of its ability to sweep up foes in front of Donna into a second more powerful strike above her, Flag Down's use against aerial foes is depreciated. If you connect with this, don't forget to throw your camera straight up for some cheap extra damage

Downward Tilt: Magic carpet (7%): Holding both the bottom and middle of the tripod, Donna makes a spinning, sweeping motion at the foes legs, tripping them up. Donna ends the attack facing backward and the move itself has a large startup lag. The range of the attack is just over half the length of the camera.

Comments: Despite the move reversing your orientation, Donna has no reasonable moves to take advantage. Any foes who tech through Donna, however are likely to be greeted by an AAA combo or Huey Whip. Use against a panicy or roll prone foe.

Foreward Smash: KERANG! (15%-19%): Donna takes a step foreward, raises the camera above her head then... KERANG! Although it is a foward smash, this attack slams the foe down to the ground in addition to launching them away from Donna. KERANG can be used as a spike, but the attack does not make contact with the ground, limiting its use.

Comments:The step foreward gives KERANG a deceptive range. If used on the edge, she will step off, attack then immediately fall, canceling the wind-down lag. The tip of the attack has spike properties, but only on foes that were airborne to begin with.

Upward Smash: smash-a-pult (12%-16%):
Donna leaps into the air, drawing a thin arc with the camera, that has a far greater range at the top. No matter when or where the opponent is hit, they will be flung backward into the air at a strangly weak trajectory for a smash. The leap into the air counts as a real jump and the player can jump again immediately after the attack finishes and follow the opponent into the air.

Comment: smash-a-pult is rather odd, in that it's a setup rather than KO move. The height that Donna jumps increases with how long you charge it. At most the jump will be twice the height of Donna. If not timed correctly, Donna could jump right through her target and attack thin air. During the jump up part of the smash, Donna has airdodge properties.

Downward Smash: Camera-Stand (10%-11%): Donna places the camera upright on the ground then does a handstand on it, causing the camera to collapse and the tripod legs to jut outwards to hit the foe. The strong downward trajectory and long range offered by the move makes it a potential edgeguard, though there is a long winddown period before and after the move.

Comments: Despite being Donna's laggiest move, you can actually use Camera-stand to counter after an opponent's attack. This is because as you charge the move, Donna handstands on top of the camera, meaning her hitbox is no longer on the ground but rather above it. This height is sufficient to dodge most ground attacks and grab attempts, other than up tilts and up smashes for obvious reasons. When you release the attack, this obsurdly strong attack will hit before Donna's hitbox reaches the ground, negating most attempts to interrupt it. Catch your foe offguard by incorperating this into your rolls and spotdodge game.

Dash Attack: Vaulting Kick (13%): Donna plunges the head of the camera into the ground and uses it to vault foreward, delivering a flying kick to the opponent. There's an abnormally long wind down to the move as Donna retrieves the camera. For obvious reasons, if there's no ground under where she'll plant her camera, Donna will simply fall off the edge. The move launches the foe at a strong horizontal trajectory that can KO at high percentages.

Comments: in spite of having obvious lag at the start and even more obvious lag at the end, the actual attack portion of Vaulting Kick comes out lightning fast and almost rivals Daisy chain for range. You can cancel the ending lag by sheilding, in case you'd rather pick up the camera yourself or carry on the assualt without it (in which case this attack is Donna's very best approach)

__Ground attacks: (Without Camera)__

A: Push (5%):
Same range as Shunt but obviously pushes the foe back slightely. Donna thrusts her palms into the foes stomach. Does more damage than Shunt

AA: White glove (1%):
Greater range than Lamp. With her right hand Donna performs a swift sharp punch to the face, with the left she reaches into her back pocket. There is no step backward unlike Lamp

(If Donna can't spawn a camera yet, she can't perform a neutral A combo)
AAA: Daisy Chain (12%):
A camera spawns in Donna's left hand. While holding only one of the legs, she thrusts the camera toward the enemy. The other legs snap outwards to double the attack's range. This attack launches the foe slightely less than a Huey Whip and can only be used every so often, but Daisy Chain has the greatest range of all Donna's attacks and is difficult to avoid since it's part of the neutral A combo.

Comments: This AAA combo lives and dies by Donna's ability to spawn a new camera for the third hit. But even without it, the first two hits of the combo outclass their 'With Camera' equivilents almost every way. If she can't spawn a new camera, she'll be a sitting duck after White Glove as there'll be lag before she can do another attack. Donna can't Jab Cancel because of this hidden lag, but then again, who whould want to? The all powerful range, speed and power of daisy chain means that Donna players may consider starting this combo early in anticipation of a foe entering Daisy Chain's range. It's also a lethal way to end combos.

Foreward Tilt: Axehandle (14%):
Donna clubs the foe over the head with both hands. The range is half that of Huey Whip but does more damage and has far less startup lag. Axehandle weakly launches the foe upwards and away from Donna

Comments: Axehandle can only realistically combo into Axehandler. So it's a bad move to open a combo with. A possible ground to aerial combo bridge though.

Upward Tilt: Swat (13%):
Donna simply punches the air above her. There is very little launch power with this move which makes hitting the opponent with multiple up tilts easy. There is exceedingly little range to this attack and it cannot hit enemys at the side of Donna.

Comments: The meat of any Without Camera combo. It racks up damage surprisingly quick, but since it doesn't hit the sides, you should never start off a combo with Swat

Downward Tilt: Card Control (5%):
A simple lightning quick jab foreward while crouching. Little damage, range or launch power. Knocks the foe upwards slightely.

Comments: Anyone with sense will DI away the instant they sense a card control spam is coming. But once trapped, they won't be getting out until mid 40%. Once the foe is knocked high enough, Donna can walk under them and start spamming Swat, for even more damage. An alternative, if the foe DI's away is to use a Donna Hook immediately after Card Control to catch them on the retreat.

Foreward Smash: Donna Hook (15%-28%):
Donna leaps into the air to deliver a powerful Left Hook to the enemy. The short range of the move is somewhat negated by the fact that Donna jumps foreward during the attack. However, it can be easy to miss an enemy that is too close to Donna. Just like Smash-a-pult, Donna can perform a midair jump after a Donna Hook to chase the foe into the air. The move is deceptively fast since Donna punches shortly after leaving the ground, but has little KO potential.

Comments: If you pay attention to Donna's spacing, this attack pays dividends despite not being particularly special in any way. It's best used on foes trying to DI away from a ground combo, but you have to predict exactly when they'll make a break for it, if you want any chance of connecting. The fact that it doesn't hit targets directly in front of Donna makes it an invaluable rescue tool in 2v2. Using this on the edge of stages is the ultimate horizontal recovery gimp since she'll jump off, attack and grab the edge all in one motion.

Upward Smash: Glee (17%-24%):
Donna leaps into the air, drawing a thin arc with her fists. The hitbox for this attack is fatter but shorter than the one for Smash-a-pult. Glee can easily KO opponents but has a longer-than-most startup lag. The leap into the air counts as a real jump and the player can jump again immediately after the attack finishes and follow the opponent into the air. The leap Donna makes with Glee is shorter than that made with Smash-a-pult.

Comment: Despite the similarities between this and smash-a-pult, Glee is a different beast altogether, for all the wrong reasons. It is a typical smash in that it's easy to see coming but devastating if it hits. Only spammy noobs use Glee. Don't be a spammy noob.

Downward Smash: Peg Leg Pete (20%-24%):
Donna performs a strong football kick to the ground. Any opponents the attack hits are sent flying in a standard 'downward and away' trajectory. However, if Peg-Leg-Pete hits any light objects, they are sent flying in slightely upward trajectory, as if thrown. Kicking explosives does not cause them to explode on Donna, explosive items will explode once they land. Kicking a Barrel or rolling crate causes it to roll away from Donna quickly. Unfortunately, kicking a smashball causes it to give its smashy goodness to whomever it collides with next

Comments: Peg-Leg-Pete has terrible range, barely even hitting anything in front of her, and is not even worth the hassle in most cases. But without a camera, it's the only way Donna will be hitting a foe downwards. So, deal. The point of this attack, however is that it launches items as if they had been thrown. Simply kick a pile of items and watch your opponent run screaming from the improvised chaos. If you kick an a thrown item, the item will be thrown right back as if you had caught it.

Dash Attack: Trip:
Donna has no dash attack without her camera. Trying a dash attack will cause her to trip up.

Comment: A trip on command? What madness!?

__Grab __
Donna can only grab when she doesn't have her camera​

Grab motion:
Donna crouches and attempts to grab with both hands. If successful, she stands up slightly

Comments: Donna leans backwards during this, so the range is pitiable. This is, however, a crouching grab, which has its uses. It also stays out longer than normal grabs which, considering its poor range, mega handy

Running Grab motion:
Donna dives towards the foe with arms outstretched. If the grab is successful, both Donna and the foe slide foreward a short distance (if they slide off an edge, they both enter freefall). If the grab is not successful, She falls hard on the floor and there is a large lag before Donna can act again.

Comments: This has an abnormally large range (given that Donna dives foreward) and has obvious suicide KO potential, but it is also rather laggy at both the beginning and the end. Certainly the laggiest grab in the game

Pivot Grab motion:
Donna pivots on the spot and performs a sweep kick directly in front of her. The kick does no damage, but knocks foes directly into her grab

Comments: The grab itself is the same as her regular grab, but the sweep kick effectively doubles its range. Since the kick is an attack, it can even grab foes that have been knocked down. Foes can DI away from the grab at especially low or high percentages, and if the kick is shielded, the foe is pushed away from the grab. That's right, shielding can block this grab!

Grab attack (4%):
Donna knees the opponent in the gut

Comments: The grab attack is quite strong, and reasonably fast too (at 0% Donna can get in at least 2 hits and a throw)

Upward throw: Pushsies (12%):
Donna rolls onto her back, balancing the foe on soles of her feet. She then kicks the foe upward, causing little knockback

Comments: This throw is rather easy to DI away from, so it is difficult to chain this into a series of Swats. Effectively useless at high level play

Downward throw: Maui Mallard (10%):
Donna rolls foreward, on top of the enemy. Then jumps, rigidly extending her legs upon landing and sending the foe bouncing hard off the ground. Donna can move again the instant the move finishes.

Comments: The foe bounces high off the floor after the attack, so you won't be able use it as a chaingrab. But it is relatively easy to hit the foe with a Swat or two afterwards. Donna's best throw for racking up damage

Forward throw: Starter's grid (2%):
Starts off similar to Downward throw but, with her hands still on the enemy, she performs a powerful kick to the foe that launches them foreward. Immediately after the kick Donna can dash after the launched foe, otherwise there's a long wind down period while She stands up again

Comment: Starter's grid is a move you'll be spamming to start your combos because of how easy it is to chase after the foe to follow up. This is also a chaingrab to the heavier characters at low percentages, again because of Donna's ability to chase afterwards. Deals next to zero damage to compensate.

Backward throw: Vault over (11%):
Similar to an upward throw. Donna merely kicks the foe at a backwards trajectory instead of an upward one.

Comments: This throw has the most KO potential, making it an OK option if you can't get Donna's camera back for a better KO attack. Otherwise, don't bother with this

__Aerial attacks: (With Camera)__

Neutral Air: Falling Burr (3%):
While facing the screen, Donna's outstretched limbs and the camera's oustretched legs form 7 spines, which cause damage and repel the foe on contact. If Donna lands in the middle of this move, she will bounce off the ground without the attack ending. Falling Burr causes Donna to fall at a slower rate. This move has a good all-around range and damage, but is out-prioritized by literally anything.

Comments: Like a puffer fish, Donna should wait til the last moment before whipping this out. She should cancel the attack immediately after, since it will almost certainly be countered if you go for more hits. Good for clearing air space.

Forward Air: KERSWOOSH! (8%):
Donna attempts to swing the camera in a fashion similar to but quicker than KERANG. If it hits the foe, they are launched a decent distance away, KO-able at higher percentages. However, if it misses, Donna's momentum causes her to spin in midair, which causes a significant recovery time for the move

Comments: Because of the obvious similarities between this and KERANG, this move can be used as a meteor smash. Never ever use KERSWOOSH unless you know it will hit something, because the lag afterwards is the most painful thing you're likely to experience in the air.

Backward Air: Air Swim (12%):
Without turning, Donna kicks behind her with both feet. This attack pushes herself slightely upwards and forewards (like ROB's B-air), making it a useful recovery. There's almost no start-up lag to the attack and very little lag after the attack. Air Swim knocks the enemy up and away from Donna, taking them out of range of more B-airs.

Comments: Air Swim can get Donna some extra distance when recovering and is a good way of repelling the foe since the attack moves you too. If you hit with Air Swim, you are pushed up and forewards 3 times as much as if you missed, thus ruling this B-air completely unsuitable for comboing. It's hilarious to use if both you and your opponent are falling off the stage

Up Air: Dark-Wing (7%):
Donna makes a short swing with the camera above her head. The range of the attack is half the length of the camera. This is Donna's most KO-able aerial attack, especially since it's so quick to execute. Dark-Wing has a particularly low priority however.

Comments: you really have to surprise your opponent to avoid having this being out-prioritised. But the knockback is certainly worth the hassle since it's her best vertical KO option.

Down Air: Flag Under (15%):
Donna makes a short swing with the camera below her feet. The range of the attack is less than half the length of the camera. To compensate, Flag Under deals more damage than the rest of Donna's Aerials, has reasonable priority and launches the foe downwards, without being a spike. The attack stays out for around as long as Toon Link's U-air. The lag after the move is only marginally better than that of KERSWOOSH since Donna has to lift the camera back up

Comments: Flag Under has some major lag, even if you hit, thus ruling it out until the mid percentages. It should be used at the end of an aerial combo to knock the foe down off the stage and set them up for her various spikes.

__Aerial attacks: (Without Camera)__

Neutral Air: Falling figure (6%):
While facing the screen, Donna's outstretched limbs form 4 spines, which cause damage and repel the foe on contact. If Donna lands in the middle of this move, she will land, unlike Falling Burr. This move has a less range and more damage than Falling Burr, and doesn't slow Donna's fall.

Comments: This should be incorperated into Donna's game if she likes to switch styles in the air often. The similaities between this and Falling Burr mask its various differences. Thanks to the way Donna moves without a camera, Falling figure moves faster than Falling Burr horizontally as well as falling faster. Some foes will walk right into a falling figure, expecting it to move like Falling burr

Forward Air: Axewhiff (15%):
Donna attempts to swing her fists in a fashion similar to axehandle. If it hits the foe, they are launched a decent distance away, and dealt significant damage. However, if it misses, Donna's momentum causes her to spin in midair, which causes a significant recovery time for the move.

Comment: Axewhiff is stronger and faster than axehandle and doesn't launch the foe downward like KERSWOOSH. But you have to make the move count, or the lag will only invite punishment. Donna's best horizontal KO option in the air.

Backward Air: Gale Swim (10%):
Without turning, Donna kicks behind her with both feet. This attack pushes herself slightely upwards and forewards, moreso than with Air Swim. There's almost no start-up lag to the attack and very little lag after the attack. Air Swim knocks the enemy up and away from Donna but leaves them in range of more B-airs at lower percentages.

Comments: Watching multiple Gale Swims hit an opponent is akin to watching a man juggle upside down, mesmerising and baffling in equal measure. There is no extra push to the player if Gale Swim connects, which making it a nice spammable aerial. Only the very beginning of the kick counts as the attack, so a well timed airdodge will open Donna up to a severe counterattack.

Up Air: Aerial Swat (13%):
Donna makes a short swing with her fist above her head. The range of the attack is almost none existant, but the attack knocks the foe downward and deals slightly less damage than Axewhiff

Comments: There is no lag after the attack, making Aerial Swat a beautiful setup for Gale Swim spamming. Or you could fast fall another Aerial Swat to drag them closer and closer to the ground. If you get hit by Aerial swat, it's guaranteed that another 5 or 6 attacks are coming your way.

Down Air: Mickey Bounce (17%):
Donna Lifts her legs and decends slightly faster than normal. If her seat comes into contact with an enemy, she will bounce off of them, dealing a high amount of damage but no knockback. She can do this up to three times in the same Mickey Bounce. The move has adequate priority, but takes time to cancel out of and does not knock the foe far back. Landing on the ground during a Mickey Bounce causes a long recovery period

Comments: Mickey Bounce has deceptively high priority, but the animation itself is unmissable. If it hits a foe modair, all of their momentum is cancelled. This property of the attack makes Mickey Bounce invaluable in 2v2 matches to save team mates

__Special attacks: (With Camera)__

Neutral B: Shutterbug (2%):
Donna raises the camera above her head then plants it upright on the ground causing negligable damage and knockback to anyone directly hit by the camera. The camera then emits a bright flash which spreads out in a cone in front of the camera's lens. Donna can charge the attack, thereby increasing the size of the flash, by holding B. Anyone caught in the flash area is repelled away from it, without causing any actual damage or knockback (i.e. like squirtle's water gun). The attack is slow enough that the only ones likely to be caught in the flash are those that were hit by the camera being set up.
A notable quality of this attack, however is that it takes a Brawl snapshot of the match, from the point of view of the camera. If the attack is used midair, Donna levitates the camera in front of her to take the photo and there is no initial 'attack'. Donna can angle the camera in midair by holding the B button and using the Control stick to change the angle. While angling, camera rotates around Donna. For instance, if she angles the camera to take a photo above her, both she and the camera would be facing upwards. For the entire duration of the move, Donna remains suspended in place, letting her stall briefly in midair.

Comments: If you use Shutterbug once in the air, you must touch ground before you can do it again. However, you can drop the camera then use Remote Shutter in the air, catch the Camera and use Shutterbug again. If you're that desperate to stall though, you could use Falling Burr, or Wall Cling.

Side B: Screw Thread (12%x4):
Holding the feet of the tripod firmly in both hands, Donna swings the camera around herself rapidly. The move comes out almost instantly. The effects of Screw Thread are similar to DK's Up B, but with only half the duration. The range of the attack is just over the length of the camera with the attack hitting both sides of her The attack can hit up to four times (The camera is swung around twice) but the hitbox is only the camera's head. With such a little hitbox moving at speed, the attacks are difficult to land. However, each attack deals a great deal of damage and knocks the foe toward Donna, increasing the chances of additional hits. There's a long wind-down period after the move, regardless of whether it hit or not.

Comments: Only the ends of the attack do damage and only on preset frames of the attack. But each attack is individually strong and can knock the foe in some awkward directions. Has marginal use as an edgeguard if you time it right.

Down B: Watch the birdie (5%):
In a manner similar to Shutterbug, Donna plants the camera on the ground. If used in the air, Donna plunges down with the camera until she reaches the ground, causing a small shockwave. The greater the fall, the greater the knockback caused by the shockwave. At most the knockback is equivelent to that of a sweetspotted Huey Whip. After planting the camera in the ground, Donna leaves the camera standing where it is, effectively parting Donna from her camera until she picks in back up or it is destroyed. Whilst standing the camera acts as a wall to projectiles and a physical obstacle to other players. The camera can be destroyed when it is standing (Durability equivilant to that of the Wario Bike)

Comments: The fall itself does no damage on contact, only the shockwave on the ground. The fall is quicker than any other in the game, even without fastfalling, so there's little disadvantage to using this from up high. No matter how many specials you've used in midair, you can always use Watch the Birdie.

Up B: Triple Monopod (2%-20%):
By one of its legs, Donna whips her camera out in front of her at 30 degree angle. If she's on the ground doing this, she dives forewards first. The second leg of the tripod extends at the same angle, creating a long tether with which she can grab edges and damage foes. The third leg extends at an angle perpedicular to the other legs and is the attacks' Sweetspot. This sweetspot is a strong spike, making it invaluable for foiling recovery attempts.

Comments: Triple Monopod it not technically a tether recovery. It does not automatically home in on the edge, but it does stay out until it reaches it. The spike on the third leg stays out for a while before staleing so there are advantages to not sweetspotting the ledge. Triple Monopod can be interrupted by an attack at any stage other than the very beginning. There is tremendous lag if she lands while using this.

__Special attacks: (Without Camera)__

Neutral B: Remote shutter:
Donna presses a button concealed in her right hand. If the camera is somewhere on the stage or in the hands of an opponent, it takes a photo, causing a flash which pushes foes away, or forces them to drop the camera if they are holding it (even a player on your own team will drop your camera if they're holding it). Holding B has no effect.

Comments: There is a tiny delay, based on distance, between pressing the button and the camera flashing. There's also a delay before you can use the move again. A powerful technique exists where you throw or drop the camera and immediately use Remote Shutter. The spinning camera means the range of the flash is far more dramatic, and can sometimes slingshot foes at wierd trajectories. Another involves throwing the camera so it hits a foe then immediately using Remote Shutter to push them away. Be careful though, the camera's flash can push Donna away too if it hits her.

Side B:
Has no effect without the camera, but Donna will still make a similar motion with just her hands, therefore making it worse than useless.

Comments: You can use it as your 7th taunt if you really want to

Up B:
If the camera is not elsewhere on the stage, Donna spawns a new Camera and uses Triple Monopod (See Up B With Camera for details of the move)

Down B: Axehandler (13%):
Without the camera, Donna jumps into the air, making a quite Axewhiff motion that has less range and damage than the real axewhiff, but half the recovery lag if it misses. If it hits, the attack weakly knocks the foe upwards, away from Donna. Donna will not jump if she is already airborne.

Comments: a useful "6th" aerial that is good for aerial to ground combos.

__Other attacks__

Wake up attack:
(With Camera)
Steamboat Squall (3%x3):

Donna rises while spinning both her leg and camera around herself. Unlike other wake ups, this attack sucks foes in and deals multiple hits. And unlike other tornado attacks, this move doesn't spit them back out again with the final hit. If this move is shielded, then you won't be able to escape the inevitable grab coming your way. Period.

(Without camera)
Comical refrain (5% or 1%):

Donna stands up quickly with one foot thrust foreward and one fist thrust backward, with little range and wind-down. The foot knocks foes away and the fist knock foes up. The orientation of your grounded character is vital in determining what you should do next. The fist sets the foe up well for an up-tilt

Ledge Recovery:
(With Camera)
Cammer (14%):

Donna swings the camera as if it were a hammer while climbing up, hits targets above and in front of Donna, but leaves a large gap towards her feet where any D-tilt or smash is guaranteed to hit. Very light knockback but surprising damage, a total reversal of the norm for Camera attacks.

(Without camera)
Postal swing (7%):

Donna flips up onto the stage, her feet drawing a 270 degree arc in the air. If anyone is hit in the first frame of the attack, they are spiked directly downwards. The rest of the attack can rival some F-tilts in terms of launch distance and the range is dramatic. good priority too. Some Donna players may consider playing as close to the edge as possible to take advantage of this powerful recovery. Entirely gimped by D-tilts and smashes during most of the attack however, as invincible frames are virtually none-existant.

Battering Items:
Donna is rather clumsy while wielding a battering item that is not her camera. In fact, the length of the beam sword actually decreases during tilts and smashes.
nuetral A:
The same as everyone elses 'A with battering item attack'. Donna's average stature doesn't give the attack any notable differences in range either.

Foreward Tilt:
Donna makes an underarm swing with the item, knocking the foe into the air. She bends at the elbow slightely, reducing the attack's range. Works best with the Fan.

Foreward Smash:
Donna raises the item above her head, then makes a clumsy overarm swing with the item, pointing it straight forewards for the entire duration of the atttack. Foes hit by this attack are typically launched down as well as forewards. Works best with Star Rod or Lip's Stick as both the swing and projectile will connect

Foreward Bat Smash:
Donna holds the bat behind her, twirling it around and slowely leaning backwards. Once the wind up is complete, Donna lunges the bat forewards as if it were a lance. The attack has superior range, compared to her stature.

__Final Smash: "Vital Proof"__
"Donna's Final smash sees her take control of the Smash-cam, and use to it track and punish her foes with panoramic and closeup snapshots alike. Will she zoom out to get everyone in the same picture, or zoom in to obliterate a single foe? Or perhaps even something in between. With only 15 seconds to get that vital picture, or three, only the nimblest of fingers can take full advantage of this Final Smash"
Donna jumps foreward into the screen and takes the film out of her camera. During this 2 second animation, most of the screen is obscured by Donna. Once she is done preparing, she leaps behind the screen and takes control of it. She can move it with the control stick and zoom in/out with x/y buttons. The further she zooms in, the slower she can move the screen. If she presses A, a snapshot is taken of the screen, any players caught on screen suffer damage and are knocked away from the centre of the screen. The severity of the damage and knockback increases with how far the screen is zoomed in. Zoomed all the way in (to the point players fill the screen) the attack is near instant-KO and 75% damage. Zoomed all the way out (So the whole stage is visible) doesn't knock the foes back at all and deals 10% damage. Vital Proof ends when Donna has taken 3 photos or 15 seconds has passed. Donna leaps back to where she originally triggered the smash.
Wii-Mote only controls: Predictably enough pointing the Wii-mote at the screen allows you to move the Smash cam around. B and A (or 1 and 2) zoom in and out. Both B and A (or 1 and 2) together takes a picture. Players can choose to use the D-pad to move the camera instead

Comments: In the hands of a skilled brawler in 1v1 situations, Vital Proof is a free KO. Tracking targets in a free for all or 2v2 is a trifle more taxing. The phrase "every man for himself" holds true here as your foes will be scrambling away from the screen, trying to knock the others into it, occasionally even falling off the stage in panic. The Photos can be spotdodged and the move loses power on smaller stages

__Extras__

Taunts (With Camera)
Up taunt:
Donna spins then holds the camera aloft like a sword saying "We're unstoppable. He-heh!". This taunt is even more annoying than it sounds. Imagine Rikku crossed with Kirby. That annoying.

Down taunt:
Donna crouches, opens up the back of the camera and tinkers with the mechanics inside. A cog pops out into her face making and audible boing sound

Side taunt:
Donna turns the camera to herself and makes a random pose, then takes a picture. The picture is actually taken and counts as a snapshot. The poses she does are
1)Thumbs up and a little smile
2)Peace sign and a grin
3)Pegs her nose and sticks her tongue out
4)Falls backward out of the shot
5)Pouts while pointing at the camera

Taunts (Without Camera)
Up Taunt:
Donna puts her hands on her hips and stands defiantly saying "I'm not so weak!". This taunt does not fight for its friends.

Down taunt:
Donna brandishes her fists for fisticuffs, 20's bruiser style.

Side taunt:
Donna grabs an opponent behind her and faces foreward holding the opponent next to her tightly. She makes one of the five poses she would have done with the camera. If she falls, so does the opponent, taking light damage in the prosess. After the taunt she still has the foe in a grab and can proceed to attack or throw them. She can use Remote Shutter during this taunt/grab (It is assumed Donna is doing this taunt in front of a camera she planted on the ground, so she can take a picture)

Comments: Ironically enough, this "grab" has a greater range than her real one, and it even comes out faster. The taunt itself is lengthy, so there's no reason to us this in a free-for-all

Trophies:
Donna Levmen:
A young photographer with an impeccable sense of timing and placement. Her fellow students tend to rely on her photos to shed light on mysteries and incidents aplenty. Despite being a key source of vital evidence, she never abuses this power, taking every step she can to maintain the fragile balance at Forde Macoughan Law School. As such, she makes no alliances, only confiding in her ye olde camera.

Kamen Velik:
A boy possessing what seems to be an impossible level of control over the affairs of the Forde Macoughan law school. He his gifted with an astonishing capacity to manipulate people, sometimes people simply don't realise they're doing exactly what he wants. His kingship over the other students is uncontested. Though Kamen is vaguely aware of his intimidating demeanor, his only attempt to make himself seem more approachable, is to wear a cowboy hat.

Amilia Marsk:
By a large margin, Amilia is the oldest student attending the Forde Macoughan law school. Despite being every bit of Kamen's rival intellectually, she shows more prudence in her actions, oftentimes choosing to do nothing at all. She is always on top of the current situation, though her foreward thinking nature occasionally makes her forget about the problem at hand in favour of trying to fix a problem which has yet to occur.

Seth Fortune:
A young man who became the newest student of the Forde Macoughan law school through a clerical error. Along with Amilia, to whom he is contractually bound to stray no farther than 10 metres from, Seth freelances as an detective for the other students, mainly dealing with those who have been falsely accused. His attitude is somewhat volatile, leading to actions which neither Amilia nor Kamen could predict. Outside of these outbursts, however, he is an easily manipulated hot head who never really understands the situation.

Pocket Camera:
The latest electronic transmissions technology has given birth to this computer/camera hybrid, a device given to each and every student of the Forde Macoughan law school. The camera is untamperable and the photos incorruptable, because it never actually stores the pictures it takes, it doesn't even technically take the picture. The genius behind the technology allows the central database to take the picture on behalf of the camera via a large network of high frequency sensors placed throughout the school. Only one camera has ever been successfully tampered with, the one Donna carries with her. In brawl, these disposable cameras give any budding artist the chance to capture the perfect moment in a snapshot. Make sure you develop the photo before you throw the camera away!

Kirby Hat & move:
The Kirby hat is Donna's brown quiff with a pink bowtie on top. When kirby uses B, he spawns a pocket camera item for him to use and says "Camera!" in that really annoying voice.

Item: Pocket Camera: Only Donna can use the ye Olde camera for photo taking, but anyone can get in on the action with this item. It's a pick up and shoot item (Like raygun with only one use), pressing A causes a flash and takes a snapshot. Player with the camera has to idle for 3 seconds to develop the photo. Once the camera has been used, throwing/dropping it causes it to dissapear. As a thrown item, Pocket Camera is roughly the same as a thrown smoke ball.

Assist Trophy: Kamen Velik (Helping Knell):
The undisputed king of the p1A-ground, Kamen, joins as an assist trophy. He appears high above the stage (camera zooms out to accomodate) dangling a tiny cage on a long chain. The cage rocks slowly back and forth like a pendulum, knocking everyone but the person who used the trophy, away. There is no KO power to being hit by the cage, but a lot of damage which can build up quickly. Inside the cage there is a trapped smash ball. This will be the case even if smash balls are turned off. This smash ball will only shatter if the person(s) in last place hits the cage with an attack. This is usually bad for the person in last place as everyone will gang up on them to stop them getting to the pendulum. After 20 seconds, Kamen flies off the top of the screen and leaves. Attacking Kamen directly three times will cause him to leave early, but he is so far above the stage that few could even reach him When he appears he says "Well let's try to even the playing field!". Every so often he chimes in, "Take it if you can!" or "Well, aren't we a sorry sight.". When he leaves he says "Enjoy the pain!" or "That was an adaquate judgement" depending on whether or not the smash ball was taken. He'll say "Valor is the better part of retreat... or something of the like." if he is made to leave early.

Stage: The P1A-ground: A large, mostly flat floating platform with a small school building to the right hand side. The building has a roof that slants left. In the background of the main platform are 2 groups of 7 students cheering the fight on. 1 Group cheers the Winner on, while the other group cheers on the Loser. If a player does something that causes an audience chant to start, then both groups start cheering for that player. The groups will also move around, following the fight or getting a better view. If a student of one group meets a student of another group then they will fight one another breifly before parting. Some students have cameras (they don't take snapshots like Donna's camera, but you can switch to their POV on the pause screen). The important thing to note about these students is that if a player they aren't cheering for is within range, they will occasionally try to attack that player (roughly 5 second intervals). These attacks do 1% damage but interrupt whatever it was the player was doing at the time. Students fighting eachother will attack any character that steps in range (2 second intervals). The Kamen Velik Assist trophy is more likely to appear on this stage, and if he does, all the students stop cheering until he leaves. Footballs, Bumpers and the Gardevoir Pokemon are also more likely to appear.

Entry:
A huge B&W polaroid of Donna and her camera, side by side, rises out of the ground. Donna and the camera both tumble out out of the polaroid as it blows away.

Victory:
(With Camera)

#1: With the camera upright, Donna fiddles around with the slot on the front of it. From it she removes a picture of her and the camera together, and shows it to the screen.
#2: Facing away from the screen, Donna takes a picture of the losers (Again, real snapshot. Can be saved at the beginning of the next match by idling as Donna for 3 seconds) then giggles to herself.
#3: Facing towards the screen and entirely behind her camera, Donna takes a picture (real snapshot as usual). The picture taken shows a random selection of Mii's loaded from the Wii console, cheering and celebrating.

(Without Camera)
#1: Donna jumps up and down with glee but then looks at her left hand as if expecting to see her camera there. She then looks forelornly toward the screen.
#2: Donna dances from side to side, suddenly falling backwards
#3: Donna looks from hand to hand, disappointed she has no camera, then raises her hand above her head and spawns a new one

Loss:
(With Camera)

While crouching and tinkering with her camera with one hand, she claps despondantly with the other.

(Without Camera)
Donna claps very very slowely whilst looking at the winner.

Logo:

Codec:
Snake: ...
Mei Ling: What's wrong snake?
Snake: ...
Mei Ling: Snake?
Snake: I don't know if this girl wants to fight me or take my picture. It's... creepy.
Mei Ling: You must mean Donna right? Donna Levmen used to be a powerful freelance photographer at the Forde Macoughan Law school.
Snake: Really? Photos don't sound all that powerful to me.
Mei Ling: Don't get so cocky snake. Things were tough at Forde Macoughan, so she knows how go toe to toe with just about anyone.
Snake: But that was a school. It's nothing like fighting on the battlefield
Mei Leing: You wouldn't be saying that if you'd been there.
Snake: ... right.

Classic Mode clear Picture:
(Pirate Ship Stage) Donna taking a picture of a Kyogre that is in the water in front of the Ship. Luigi is cowering behind her. The Picture's angle is from behind the Kyogre, near the surface of the water.

All Star Mode clear Picture:
(Spear Pillar Stage) Donna is posing without her camera, while a Kirby and a MetaKnight (one either side of her) take her picture with Pocket Camera's. The Picture is at no special angle, but there is some party ball confetti around Donna.

Event:
Title:"You're too slow!"
Description:"You heard me! Betcha can't get us all in the same picture!"
Character: Donna
Items: Smash Balls, Bunny Hood, Poison Mushroom, Bumper
This event is Donna Vs three Lv4 Sonics on the Temple stage. Infinite stock each but 3 minute limit. Smash Balls are more frequent in this event. The aim of the event is to KO all 3 Sonics in a single Final Smash. The Sonics will just keep coming back until you KO them all with a Final Smash.

Title:"The Slumber Party"
Description:"They can't stay up all night. Make sure everyone goes to bed soon, ok?"
Character: Peach
Items: Smash Balls, Pokeball (Belossums only), Smoke Balls, Sandbag, Food, Gooey Bomb, Bob-omb, Ray Gun
This event is a Free-For-All involving Peach, Lv9 Donna, Lv9 Jigglypuff and Lv9 Zero-Suit-Samus. Infinite stock but 5 minute limit. The aim of this event is to have everyone asleep (including you) at the same time.

SSE Role:
Donna is on the roof of the stadium where Kirby and Mario fight, watching the battle closely through her camera. Incidentally, the view she has to the fight is identical to the view Pit has when he watches through his mystical water TV. When the Stadium is absorbed into Subspace, she is taken in with it.

It's not until much later that she is revived and becomes a playable character. Just before DeDeDe encounters Bowser in the Subspace, Luigi finds the trophified Donna and revives her. Good 'ol Luigi gets a hug and Donna decides to tag along with DeDeDe's group. After DeDeDe beats bowser and revives him again, Bowser knocks DeDeDe flying, into Luigi and Ness. This leads to...

Fight!: Donna Vs Bowser: Functionally identical to the bowser fight you just beat, the only difference is the character you have to beat him as.

After the fight, DeDeDe revives Bowser, a third time, and the story continues on as normal, only with Donna appearing in the background of cutscenes involving DeDeDe's group.

Techs:
Camera Sharing: An important point of note about Donna is that the last Camera she picked up will respond to "Remote Shutter". This has an interesting side effect with 2 Donnas. If one Donna takes the other Donna's Camera then throws/drops it or uses "Watch the Birdie", then both Donna's will be able to use "Remote Shutter" on it. You can, in fact do this with as many Donna's as you like

Mickey figuring: Immediately after bouncing off an enemy with Mickey Bounce, tap C Down to cancel it into a Falling figure. In addition to causing extra damage, this Tech let's Donna use another Mickey Bounce almost instantly after the previous one. Unsuspecting opponents can be chained like this to high percentages, though only if each subsequent Mickey Bounce and Falling figure is fast falled. Foiled with perfect shielding a Mickey Bounce.

Hook Hyphen: With C-stick set to smashes, immediately after releasing donna hook, before she leaves the ground, smash the control stick and C-stick down and tap R. She will perform the Donna Hook on the ground, then slide foreward a short distance. Use against enemies too close for a regular Donna Hook.

Hook Jump: If you perfect shield an attack the instant Donna leaves the ground during a Donna Hook, the attack is canceled but the jump is not. Until gravity brings her back to the ground, Donna behaves as if she were already on the ground. She can run, crouch, shield, perform ground attacks, grabs and throws. Jumping will obviously end the tech and if you smash down on the control stick she'll perform the fallthrough platform animation and end the tech. Situational, but few opponents will dare interrupt a Donna Hook knowing she has this tech up her sleeve. The best way to use the tech is near the edge so you can grab the foe as you leap off the edge and then throw them downwards for a cheap KO, or hold them for a suicide kill. You could also use this for advanced edgeguarding if you can get an enemy projectile to trigger the tech.

Smash-a-Jump: Immediately before releasing Smash-a-Pult, tap Z to cancel the attack but not the jump. Unlike Hook Jump, this tech does not fool the game into thinking Donna is still on the ground. Fully charged, a Smash-a-Jump is much higher than a regular jump. A good psyche-out since Donna can attack immediately after leaving the ground.

Hyphen Smash: Smash-a-pult gains significant advantages when you hyphen smash it. Because the attack leaves the ground, Donna gains more horizontal distance than most characters. Quite a terrifying approach.

Donamera (Banned tech): Immediately after inputting the command for camera-stand, tap Z followed quickly by a jump and then Up-B. The timing is incredibly difficult as all four commands have to be done near-symultaneously. If done right you will see Donna use another Donna (In a T-freeze) as her Up-B tether. From then on until she is lost or destroyed, the second Donna will replace the camera in all 'With Camera' attacks. Because she is much bigger than her camera and her arms are splayed out, most of her attacks have a much greater range. Attacks that rely on the tripod legs spreading out or extending have
greatly reduced range (Including the Tether recovery). This tech gives Donna a horrific range advantage and is banned from serious play.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow. So yeah, that's...ridiculously developed. lol c wat i did that?

I actually think it's--and I can't believe I'm saying this/I am aware of the hypocrisy--too long. The length paired with the total similarity between sections makes for a wall of text like none I've seen before. :urg:

And also, just from skimming (which was honestly a feat in and of itself) the 'set, a good number of Donna's attacks seem fairly standard. I know there's not too much you can do with a regular ol' photographer, but still.

EDIT - Also are making Advanced Techniques really necessary? It's a cool idea and everything...

EDIT 2 - Oh, and in case I sound like a prick, laying out all these complaints, I heartily approve of what I'm seeing here. It's a quite original character with an almost-abhorrent amount of detail put into it. The thought of actually reading a moveset whose Extras section is the size of most full movesets in this contest sickens me...but maybe that's a good thing?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Donna looks extremely well done, and i'm seriously only like 2/3 of finishing to read it. I really like how she fights with a camera. Excellent job. This could be one of teh best.

@Mendez: On your review Queue page, you spelled "patient" wrong. lol

Junahu

Smash Ace
Wow. So yeah, that's...ridiculously developed. lol c wat i did that?

I actually think it's--and I can't believe I'm saying this/I am aware of the hypocrisy--too long. The length paired with the total similarity between sections makes for a wall of text like none I've seen before. :urg:
This will scare you, it used to be twice as long! :dizzy:

This is a curse of doing a double moveset, you end up with twice as much of everything. And original characters need detail more than other characters because there's no source material readers can refer to, to fill in the blanks. Not that I'm trying to defend myself or anything. Even I think it's too long, and I wrote that monster.

And also, just from skimming (which was honestly a feat in and of itself) the 'set, a good number of Donna's attacks seem fairly standard. I know there's not too much you can do with a regular ol' photographer, but still.
The devil's in the details unfortunately. Many attacks have neat extra situational properties, but it takes so long to explain them that people will just glaze over them

Perhaps I can cut out everything non-vital, and leave a link to the original, for anyone more curious about the character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
OH. MY. GOD!

That moveset. . .Is just insanely ridiculously detailed. I have to review that to get my attention focused all over this thing. . .Because otherwise we'll all declare it the winner due to what a wall of text it is.

How could my most detailed moveset title of been stolen?!? Curse you! Cervantes shall have his revenge!

The only thing that comes close to a flaw from a skim of that wall, nay, TOWER of text is that. . .Having 2 movesets just for a character to have the ability to attack with or without a weapon is awkward. It doesn't warrant development time. At least transformations are different characters/forms. . .I know this isn't about realistic inclusions, but I just find that rather notable. From a brief skim, the actual attacks don't look too notable in what they do, but the detail on them is still astounding. The pictures are numerous and actually not that bad to look at it, helping the presentation of the ridiculously long moveset a lot.

OMG YOU HAVE NO SSE ROLE. NUB.

In any case, any criticisms I have on her are moot points as she has boobs.

@Chris Lionheart: Considering the godly moveset that was posted after your SSE chapter, I figured I was probably one of the few who read it and thought it deserved comments. I'm not going to lie, this chapter feels under detailed compared to the rest of your others, but still has original concepts. I'm glad one of the villian movesets finally came in here in the form of Dracula, and I like the gameplay idea of having infinite jumps in the air for the Tails/Pit parts. Good job.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Junahu said:
This will scare you, it used to be twice as long!
I LOL'd

Perhaps I can cut out everything non-vital, and leave a link to the original, for anyone more curious about the character.
I really think you can do more than that, and just crop the original. If you relied on BBCode instead of large fonts to show each section, you could easily take a few inches off it.

And instead of having separate entires for her Specials that do nothing without the camera, just have one set of Specials, with a "With Camera" and "Without Camera" split for each one.

But I do agree with MasterWarlord about the dual moveset thing. Couldn't you just condense the camera into the moveset, so for half her moves she uses the camera, and the other half she doesn't?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

@Chris Lionheart: Considering the godly moveset that was posted after your SSE chapter, I figured I was probably one of the few who read it and thought it deserved comments. I'm not going to lie, this chapter feels under detailed compared to the rest of your others, but still has original concepts. I'm glad one of the villian movesets finally came in here in the form of Dracula, and I like the gameplay idea of having infinite jumps in the air for the Tails/Pit parts. Good job.

*Sigh*... why do things like that always happen after I finish working on something?.

Anyway.. I didn't think it was underdetailed. It was my opinion that the only real flaw was the lack of dialogue (especially compared to my other chapters). This was due mostly to the fact that many of these characters are what I would consider to be "high risk" (I know very little about them or it is difficult to make good dialogue for these characters without going completely out of character.)

I wasn't really thinking infinite jumps, I was thinking more along the lines of constant flight (like a constantly active Pit Up B.) This would, of course, turn all attacks into aerials. The only ground, would be the plane.

Well thanks for commenting.

Edit:
To help make my review convenient for everyone (including myself), my reviews by request will now be placed in a user blog. The other reviews will remain in their old location (there is a link to it in my blog).

Junahu

Smash Ace
OH. MY. GOD!

That moveset. . .Is just insanely ridiculously detailed. I have to review that to get my attention focused all over this thing. . .Because otherwise we'll all declare it the winner due to what a wall of text it is.
Oh no! My master plan, ruined by common sense!

The only thing that comes close to a flaw from a skim of that wall, nay, TOWER of text is that. . .Having 2 movesets just for a character to have the ability to attack with or without a weapon is awkward. It doesn't warrant development time. At least transformations are different characters/forms. . .I know this isn't about realistic inclusions, but I just find that rather notable.
Yeah, my bad. When drafting up this moveset it was going to be just Donna with the camera, but that little gremlin appeared at my shoulder saying "It's not creative enough. Do more, MORE!"

Boy, is the egg on MY face! :urg:
I'll let the dust settle on this one, before I start chopping and changing

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Embodied with the power to turn trash into trees,
Ueki Kousuke Joins the Brawl!!

The main character in the Law of ueki anime/manga, he has the power to turn trash into trees and use his heavenly powers!

Speed: 8/10 (Uses The Sacred Treasure that gives him the power to skate!)
Jump 6/10
Power 7/10
Weight 4/10
Tether Yes
No Crawling, Gliding, Wall Jumping.

Standard A combo

A, A
A Repeatable 2 hit punch, Like marths sword swipes.
3% per hit.
Left/Right Tilt

Quickly Round-house kicks the opponent
5%

Up Tilt

Summons a quick tree for an uppercut.
9%

Down tilt

Shoots the 6th sacred treasure (pick) at his opponents feet.

Forward Smash
Summons the 3rd sacred treasure (Ramna[A Curved sword with the hilt made from a tree trunk])
17%

Up Smash. The 4th sacred treasure, Masshu (A Red giant Block that eats you)
14%

Down Smash- A Split kick like Falcos
13%

Specials

B - Kurogane
Shoots a Chargable ball (like samus's) Made of wrapped around vines.
Uncharged 6% Charged 20%

B-Up - Uses the 9th sacred treasure (seiku) to gain wings.
Exactly like Pit's.

B-Down Lays down the 4th sacred treasure (Masshu) Activates when it is stepped on or can be manually detonated.

B-Side Uses Namihana, The 8th sacred treasure, a Vine whip.
Can also be used as a tether.

Final Smash!
Maoh! Uses the 10th sacred treasure with the power of Marth's Critical hit, but is a projectile.

Assist Trophy:
Tenko, A giant yellow beast comes and heals the person completely and is invincible for 5 seconds.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
There's been about three new recent posters so far that have all posted a great first move set. I guess we really have set the bar high if a newcomer to MYM has to make an AAA job from the start.

Edit: @Tianxiashai: That move set looks to have some potential based on what I've seen, but you need to put in more detail if you want to see it go far. Try to really describe how the moves look, not only might people be unfamiliar with the character (such as me), but the concepts of some of those attacks deserve to be given more detail.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Seconded, great job for a first moveset.

Is she an original character?
Yeah she's an original character. But I'm starting to wish I did an existing/popular character, because it would have been so much simpler.

Secondly, are you implying I have more movesets in me? If I made a second moveset, the universe would implode from its length.

But if I did, I'd do...
PENNY CRAYON!

or...
PENFOLD!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah she's an original character. But I'm starting to wish I did an existing/popular character, because it would have been so much simpler.

Secondly, are you implying I have more movesets in me? If I made a second moveset, the universe would implode from its length.

But if I did, I'd do...
PENNY CRAYON!

or...
PENFOLD!
Epic win

I believe that with all the effort you made for Donna, you could easily make another, established character, and do them quite well.

Original characters are some of my favs as well, I have Tiggah (in sig) and Beast Trio (link is one page back)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
. . .are you implying I have more movesets in me?
Definitely. You got what it takes.

Seriously, I think I speak for all the regulars* when I say we'd love to have you making more movesets. You only get better with time and practice, and I, for one, would love to see what else you can offer MYM.

*If I don't speak for anyone who thinks they're a regular, they're not really a regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom