• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Metal Gear Solid 2: I typed that when I was at a rather low point in the game, but pretty much right after I picked it up again after that it finally started getting exciting. Right now I'm stuck on the Fatman boss fight. The actual fight is easy, I can take his health down like there's no tomorrow. It's the bombs. I equip sensor A and B but they give me no assistance in tracking down the bombs. Also, I accidentally hit a button which ended the cutscene after I beat Fortune short, and it was pretty bad timing too. . .Vamp just got shot. Mind telling me what happens in that cutscene?
Wait, why can't you just go on YouTu--O SNAP

MGS2 Spoilers
Uh...let's see...if I remember correctly...Fortune's all "killmekillmekillmepleasekillme", then Phil LaMarr Vamp shows up and tells her Fatman's gone nuts, so she starts to leave to deal with him...then Raiden pot-shots Vamp in the head, which makes Fortune very, very sad. Raiden sneaks away and escapes via the elevator while Fortune's lamenting that she's been cheated out of death again.

Suddenly, as Fortune's crying over Vamp's body, he exhales, wakes up, and tells her "I've already died. I can't die twice" (or something to that effect), and then the cutscene ends.

As for Fat Man: if you're playing on normal, I think you have about 60 seconds to defuse the bombs. They're either under or above those big crates, and I think the positioning's random. If they're on the top, just stand back and spray them until you hear the click. If they're underneath, you'll either have to crouch, or in some cases, crawl underneath the crate.

What's neat is that Fat Man will come over and look for you when you crawl underneath, which means you can shoot him in the legs until he falls over, and maybe even get a headshot or two in.

And to my knowledge Sensor B is basically useless. Finally, I won't tell you where the final bomb is. Just use your head, and think about what you know about Fat Man, and you'll find it in no time. :chuckle:

---

And also, don't be so harsh on Gryphon. Most people's first movesets aren't even as good as that (I know mine wasn't). All the extraneous stuff is missing, but the important stuff is present and accounted for--I had no problem picturing Saki doing all that stuff, though maybe it helps that I've played S&P so much. :dizzy:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
We'll see when you review my K. Rool if my first moveset was that bad. (The SSE role is just an SSE I randomly made earlier and decided to slap on K. Rool FYI.) That moveset also was made with viewing virtually no other movesets in this topic to gain experience. Just Eggman.

Directly for Saki: I'm just, as you know, a "detail nazi", in Blitzkrieg's words. And that. . .You can't make that much less detailed unless you use incomplete sentences and put it on the level of things like that recent Nintendog moveset. For a first set, it's decent besides the detail.

But yeah, I've never played those games. I'm just starting to play MGS, remember? In any case, thanks for the help with Fatman and filling in the missing cutscene. Was gonna be rofl lame if Vamp just got killed off by that.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
@Saki: Sweet, did the announcement of Sin and Punishment 2 spur you to do that? One thing is I think that his cannon aword should reflect non-energy based projectiles like in the game.

@No one in praticular: I decided to do one more Original Character since I usually have the most fun with them. Hopefuly I'm still as good as I use to be.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here it si, what will most likely be my final moveset...

SYLAR, the super-powered serial killer who gains more power with each kill, has joined the brawl!

Stats (out of 5)
Size: About Marth’s height.
Power: 4
Speed: 3
Weight: 3
Recovery:
Jump: 2
Mid-air: 2
Descent speed: 3
Wall cling: no
Wall kick: no
Crawl: no
Glide: no

Tilts

Neutral A combo: Sylar begins with a punch that does 4%, following with a 5% kick, and ending by pushing his foe away with telekinesis, doing 6% with moderate knockback.

Left/right: Sylar lunges forward and stabs his enemy with a letter opener, like the one he used to kill Alejandro in season 2. Does 6% with minimal knockback.

Up: Sylar uses the cryogenic (ice) powers he obtained from an unknown victim to release a blast of frozen air above him, doing 8% in cold damage. Does not freeze opponents.

Down: Sylar, knelt down, uses is radioactive powers to create a blast of energy from his hands, doing 8% damage to anyone in contact but little knockback.

Dash: Sylar, whilst running, causes his body to burn with radioactivity, doing 6% to anyone that he comes into contact to before coming to a stop.

Smash

Forward: Sylar swings a parking meter like he did in the Season 1 Finale, doing 14% with the knockback of a laser sword swing.

Up: Sylar, using the sonic scream he recently obtained from the criminal called Jesse, looks straight upward and lets out a ferocious scream that does 13%, with above-average knockback.

Down: Sylar, using his cryogenic powers, creates a blast of frigid air around his ankles, doing 15% and moderate diagonal knockback.

Aerial

Neutral: Sylar creates a pulse of cold air around him, doing 6% cold damage.

Up: Sylar screams upward, much like his Usmash, only weaker. Does 8%.

Forward: Sylar uses a mild amount of telekinetic power to push enemies in front of him back, doing 7%.

Back: Sylar elbows any enemy unlucky enough to be behind him, doing 7%.

Down: Sylar creates a burst of radioactivity below him, much like Lucario‘s. Does 9%.

Special Moves:

Neutral B: Power Steal:

Sylar holds his hand up, and hoists up any enemy within grabbing distance (I mean normal grabbing, you have to be right in front of your enemy for this to work). If he gets an enemy, he or she will float in the air, as a high-pitched whistling is heard. The victim squirms in agony as Sylar drags his finger across his foe’s forehead, causing them to bleed. After 4 seconds, Sylar will drop his foe (who will have taken 17%) and gain his enemy’s special moves. This attack obviously has quite some lag, as it does take 4 seconds to work. However, the victim can’t get free, unless someone else hits Sylar during the attack. There is half a second between when Sylar raises his hand and when your enemy actually gets lifted into the air, so the attack isn’t foolproof.

You can still use Sylar’s own special moves by using your Up taunt, which will switch him back to default specials. Using a down taunt will switch back to your enemy‘s specials set.

If you use Power Steal on a second opponent after previously stealing someone else‘s specials, then Sylar attains that characters set of specials in place of the previous stolen set, which he loses.

As you can imagine, if Sylar steals Kirby’s specials, he will indeed have Kirby’s mimic ability. That’s right: Sylar hats.

Up B: Sonic Scream:
Sylar points his head straight down, and lets out a sonic scream that shoots him up as far as Diddy’s jetpack. There is a small amount of prep time between entering the command and Sylar actually going up, during which you can angle him to the left or right. This attack does 7% to anyone Sylar hits on his way up, but 15% to anyone unlucky enough to get hit by the scream, which also does sideways knockback.

Side B: Blizzard/ Midas Touch/ Liquification

This is a fairly complex attack. One of three things will happen, depending on the situation.

One thing is that Sylar will extend his hand and shoot a stream of ice in front of him. This is similar to IC’s blizzard, but covers 1.5 times as far, does ¾ less damage, and has a higher chance of freezing.

However, if a character is immediately in front of Sylar when he does his side B, he will instead grab them, and use his Midas Touch power to turn them to solid gold…before spiking them on the ground, doing 17% damage and somehow changing them back to normal.

BUT, if, when Sylar grabs his foe, they are holding an item, THEN Sylar will use his third side B attack: Liquification, which he obtained from Zane Taylor in Season 1. Sylar will melt his enemy’s item into a puddle, punch them in the face, and drop them in the puddle. The punch does 8%, but the puddle will triple the victim’s chances of tripping.

Devious.

Down B: Regeneration:

In the Season 3 premiere, Sylar finally gained Claire’s healing powers. Now, when ever you trigger Sylar’s down B, this power comes into affect. Sylar will heal exactly 1 % for every second since his previous healing power. So, if you is use this power with ten seconds to go in a standard free-for-all match, Sylar will heal 110%, for the 110 seconds you’ve stored it up.

If you use the power with one minute left, Sylar would heal 60%, but if you use it again 10 seconds later, Sylar will only heal 5%, because every time you use it, the healing amount is halved, to keep it from being broken.

Grabs

Grab: Sylar can use telekinesis to grab foes from as far away as Samus, but doesn’t have any visible snares, making it difficult for enemies to foresee him grabbing them.

Grab attack: Sylar clenches his fist, doing 1% and choking his adversary.

Up throw: Sylar brings his enemy into his hand, raises them up, then sends them skyward with a blast of radiation. Does 8%.

Forward throw: Sylar spins his foe around a little, then shoots them forward, doing 6%.

Back throw: Sylar spins his enemy around him like a satellite orbiting the earth, then tosses them behind him. Does 4%.

Down throw: Sylar ices the ground below his enemy, then drops them, causing them to slip and fall. Does 5%.

Final Smash: PRECOGNITION

Sylar grabs the Smash Ball! As soon as you activate Sylar‘s Final Smash, Sylar‘s eyes will go completely white, and the screen will turn a bit blurry for 10 seconds. It doesn‘t really obscure your vision that much. During the 15 seconds of blurriness, all combatants can still move freely and do whatever they please, but Sylar receives a 5% buff with all attacks and runs a little faster. After the 15 seconds are up, the blurriness stops and the battle goes back to normal.

Well, not really. 3 seconds after the blurriness ends, all characters, except Sylar, will return to where ever they were during the 15-second-blurriness-phase. For 15 more seconds, all characters, except Sylar, will repeat all the actions they did during the blurry time, leaving Sylar (who regains his 5% buff) to use this to his advantage, seeing as he knows what his enemies will do, having seen the future. After the second 15-seconds is over, the battle returns to normal again.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Crosses his arms and scoffs. “Hmph!”
Taunt 2: A loud ticking is heard, but Sylar doesn’t do any special animations. Creepy.
Taunt 3: Points forward and says “You don’t deserve to be special.”

Victory Poses:
1: Stands and says “I think…I am a monster.”
2: Says “All I wanted was to be special…”
3: Looks at the player and says “Are you special too?”

Lose pose: Breathes rapidly with his fists clenched.

Miscellaneous Crap

Wiimote Sound: A clocking ticking rapidly.

Symbol:

Alt. Costumes: Sylar can wear the above suit (default, blue team), a black jacket, a business suit, a green suit (green team), or a red suit (red team).

Role is Subspace Emissary: Sylar is one of Tabuu’s chosen pawns, and is given a dark cannon with which to defeat all adversaries. He doesn’t really use the dark cannon, and mostly kills his enemies and steals their abilities. In one cutscene, after the level where you unlock Snake, Sylar attempts to steal Tabuu’s power, and gets promptly trophified. You can find his trophy in subspace, and once you awaken and defeat him, he joins your party.

Entrance: When the camera turns to watch all the other combatants enter, then zooms out to view the entire battlefield, Sylar will be present. On the show, Sylar always seems to appear out of nowhere, so why not in Smash?

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Sylar hair, and even his stubble on his chin.

Stage: Kirby Plaza:

The battleground for season 1’s climactic finale is a mostly flat walk off stage, but you can also hop onto that statue in the fountain to fight.

Stage music:
Heroes main theme
Mohinder
Sylar’s theme
Nikki/Jessica
“Knights of Cydonia” by Muse

How to Unlock:

Character analysis: Sylar is a fairly lethal character. Most of his non-specials are fast-acting, but close ranged. His specials are really versatile, so use them with creativity and efficiency. Also, his FS is pretty out there, but if use correctly, it can be really helpful.

Snake Codec:

Snake: Colonel, who is this guy? Gotta say, he gives me the creeps…
Colonel: Careful, Snake, that’s Sylar, a super-powered serial killer.
S: Wait, he actually has super-powers?
C: Yes, he can move objects with his mind, freeze things solid, and he’s even survived gunshot wounds before!
S: Kind of like Vamp, huh?
C: Sylar is much worse than Vamp, Snake. Also, I guess you should know that Sylar‘s on the run from The Company, which has liaisons in our staff.
S: Ah, so it‘s that kind of mission…

Comments are appreciated, if not required. :)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Syler was cool. The final Smash was really unique.

I've alreay seen most of Beast Trio, so I don't really have anything new to say about it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Syler has a really unique concept for the final smash, my favorite part of the moveset by far. I feel it might be slightly underpowered though if it just's 10 seconds, that basically gives time for just one big punish move, doesn't it? I'd suggest increasing the duration slightly.

Bass has been reviewed on my blog. Check the second page of it. Page 199. It's quite the exceptional moveset, it was a pleasure to review. Well done, Hyper Ridley.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
@Saki: Sweet, did the announcement of Sin and Punishment 2 spur you to do that? One thing is I think that his cannon aword should reflect non-energy based projectiles like in the game.

@No one in praticular: I decided to do one more Original Character since I usually have the most fun with them. Hopefuly I'm still as good as I use to be.
I will edit it to allow his Down Special to do that. Thanks, Clay

And what is with you guys? That is a good way to demoralize a newcomer. I apologize if it appears rookie, but that is why I start off with what I CAN do. And I am working on Impa now, but apparently, I have alot of work to do before posting it if you gotta bash on me like you had hgh expectations of me or something. Gee, I thought we were all friends. :(

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I will edit it to allow his Down Special to do that. Thanks, Clay
Ah! Wait!

Please don't toss a counter/reflector on his Down B. That's one of the quickest ways to make your moveset boring. Instead, why not just add an addendum somewhere that says something to the effect of "like Pit's Angel Ring, if non-energy based projectiles come into contact with his sword (no matter which attack Saki's using to wield the sword), it's reflected back towards it's source".

That way you can keep the awesome Down B like it is, while still incorporating that reflector ability in a more true-to-character fashion.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Ah! Wait!

Please don't toss a counter/reflector on his Down B. That's one of the quickest ways to make your moveset boring. Instead, why not just add an addendum somewhere that says something to the effect of "like Pit's Angel Ring, if non-energy based projectiles come into contact with his sword (no matter which attack Saki's using to wield the sword), it's reflected back towards it's source".

That way you can keep the awesome Down B like it is, while still incorporating that reflector ability in a more true-to-character fashion.
You guys are ripping me apart. I'm a noob. That sounds cool. But let me take care of it for now, so that I won't disappoint Mr. MasterWarLord over there.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Geez, you guys are ruthless! Was all that really necessary?! It's one thing if we're ruthless to our fellow regulars, but let's give the new guy a break!!

I, for one, think Saki is a great first moveset. Stick with us (cruel as some may be acting at the moment), and I think you're gonna find you like it here. It's obvious you enjoy doing this, and moveset making only gets better and more fun as you keep doing it. I like that you organized the entry, and it's definitely good to see that you thought through all the attacks. A lot of first-timers have a tendency to miss that.

That said, there are a few areas you could improve in. Most notably, it would be nice to see more detail in the non-Special moves. The Specials could use a tiny bit more, but they're definitely acceptable. It's an understandable thing to do, leaving the detail out of moves that don't seem like they'd matter so much (I know I left them out of my first moveset), but look back and think about the other things you could tell us about those moves. Give us as much detail about the attacks' appearances as you can, and giving us rough damage, range, knockback, and lag is also really nice.

All in all, awesome first moveset. Welcome aboard! :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You guys are ripping me apart. I'm a noob. That sounds cool. But let me take care of it for now, so that I won't disappoint Mr. MasterWarLord over there.
Mr. MasterWarlord eh? Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Or do you prefer Master MasterWarlord?

I'm sorry for being harsh. . .But I'm not the person around here to cut people much slack in most cases. I'm the harshest judge here, so keep in mind that my opinions don't necessairily reflect that of the majority. That said, your moveset was pretty good ignoring the abysmal level of detail.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Geez, you guys are ruthless! Was all that really necessary?! It's one thing if we're ruthless to our fellow regulars, but let's give the new guy a break!!

I, for one, think Saki is a great first moveset. Stick with us (cruel as some may be acting at the moment), and I think you're gonna find you like it here. It's obvious you enjoy doing this, and moveset making only gets better and more fun as you keep doing it. I like that you organized the entry, and it's definitely good to see that you thought through all the attacks. A lot of first-timers have a tendency to miss that.

That said, there are a few areas you could improve in. Most notably, it would be nice to see more detail in the non-Special moves. The Specials could use a tiny bit more, but they're definitely acceptable. It's an understandable thing to do, leaving the detail out of moves that don't seem like they'd matter so much (I know I left them out of my first moveset), but look back and think about the other things you could tell us about those moves. Give us as much detail about the attacks' appearances as you can, and giving us rough damage, range, knockback, and lag is also really nice.

All in all, awesome first moveset. Welcome aboard! :)
SirKibble > MistressPeaceLady. jkjk

Thanks, dude. I feel alot better now. lol. Ok, time to get serious now. ;)

Edit: Is it ok to post with what I got and then let you know of any changes? I dont get much pc time so its that ok?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
SirKibble > MistressPeaceLady
So it is written, so let it be remembered. Also... "MistressPeaceLady"... I like that. I think I'm going to ensure that it sticks. :p

Thanks, dude. I feel alot better now. lol. Ok, time to get serious now. ;)
No problem. That's what I like to hear. People make better movesets when they feel good about their previous ones, you know? ;)

Edit: Is it ok to post with what I got and then let you know of any changes? I dont get much pc time so its that ok?
You can do that, and it happens often enough, although I advise against it. Movesets that are getting updated constantly tend to get lost in a thread of this calibre.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, I DID feel good about it. lol
Shoot! Uh, I mean... You make such freaking awesome movesets!! I want to see another one, freaking right NOW!!!!

Better now? ;)

Haha, just kiddin', man. Seriously, though, I think you've got potential. I want to see what you do next, given what feedback you've gotten on Saki.

See my edit. ;)
No, no. See mine.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Shoot! Uh, I mean... You make such freaking awesome movesets!! I want to see another one, freaking right NOW!!!!

Better now? ;)

Haha, just kiddin', man. Seriously, though, I think you've got potential. I want to see what you do next, given what feedback you've gotten on Saki.

No, no. See mine.
Well, I put the link in my sig, as you can see. I will be active, so I will let you guys know and stuff. This is fun. And I was kidding, WarLord. I got my jokery from a certain lady

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, I put the link in my sig, as you can see. I will be active, so I will let you guys know and stuff. This is fun.
Good!

A completed-from-the-start movesets still wins over a constantly-being-updated one, but as long as you're going to be active, put them in your sig, etc., you should be all right.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Wrong thread forum planet dimension existence thread.

That is not a moveset, has nothing to do with any movesets that have been posted, and is, in all other ways possible, totally irrelevant to the purpose and goal of this thread.

Thank you, that is all.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
3 reasons Shadow Queen for SSB4:
1. Not enough villains
2. Not enough females
3. No female villains
Wrong thr- looks like the Kibblez beat me to it.
FOR ONCE

Now to look at teh movesets...

@Saki: Pretty impressive for your first one (i presume). It just needs some moar detail. Than again, its better than my Jeff Hardy moveset :bee:

And i know that Ivoryflame made a set, but i`m currently forced to use my Wii browser at this time. I`ll chexk it in a bit :)

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
3 reasons Shadow Queen for SSB4:
1. Not enough villains
2. Not enough females
3. No female villains
I love the final smash. Most of the moves are just clones of Peach though...

Anyway, TYATM will be (yes...I know I've canceled a lot recently) up today. I remembered that Marth Trinity wanted in and now MW has been drafted (along with Obama XD).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Bass has been reviewed on my blog. Check the second page of it. Page 199. It's quite the exceptional moveset, it was a pleasure to review. Well done, Hyper Ridley.
Yay!

...Okay, so I changed a few things on him following your suggestions. He now has a standard second jump, but it's weaker than average. I changed up the Get Abilities fpr Ganondorf and Dracula so that one increases damage while the other increases knockback. Finally, I put the taunts and win animations into a new sub-section in "Other" (I've also done this for Enker and Shade). Thanks for the comments on the "Strategy Guide" section, as you can see from Enker and Shade, it's actually become a standard thing for my 'sets.

It's gonna be difficult to change the FS, That's basically his ultimate attack in the Battle Network games, though if I think of a way to make it better I'll be sure to change it. Okay, I've changed up Bass's FS a bit, so it's more original.

As for his powers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass.EXE If you see it listed here, it's probably incorporated into the 'set in one way or another (though some moves obviously had to be changed a little)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
On Saki: Very well organized, nice judicious use of color. It's a solid start. However, you're gonna need more detail on the moves themselves - power (a lot of people put percents for their attacks, but I don't, because numbers are not my forte), knockback, range, hitbox, any elemental effects, whether it spikes, how fast the animation starts and stops, etc. The norm is about a paragraph. By a paragraph I mean 4 to 10 lines, regardless of how many sentences there are - I have a proclivity for really long sentences.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm afraid I can't find your moveset, Snowstalker. I go to check your sig, and it says "foolish Meta Knights" and then I stop reading and punch a hole in the wall. So if it's later in the sig... Well, that won't work.

But seriously, (and this goes for everyone), if you want a full review, and you're done making changes to your movesets, PM me with the names and links to all of them.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Oh god! That took too long! I finally skimmed the whole thread and found all the submissions.

The number next to each name refers to the specific post which the moveset can be found in. Until I convert these number into Page numbers (or I find a way of linking to a specific post using just the thread and post number) you'll have to follow this simple formulae..

Page number can be found by;
1 + (Post#/NumberofPostsPerPage)
Remember to round down
NumberofPostsPerPage is 15 with default settings

Here's all the current submissions, and the post# in which their movesets were posted (OCs, OriginalCharacters are omitted);
Nephenee 3
Team Rocket 4
Pokemon Trainer Wes 5
Dry Bones 9
Chosen One 12
Firestar 13
Giygas 18
Baz 19
Mewtwo 24 & 824 & 4565
Paper Luigi 39
Bowser's Minions 42
Clipit 47
Ridley 53 & 1003
Chao 72
Joe Perry 86
Timone & Pumbaa 100
Ed 109
Grey Fox 113
Xemnas 114
Lip the Flower Fairy 115
Astaroth 120
Teen Girl Squad 134
Hunter 155
Plusle & Minun 948
Froslass 162
Skullkid 178
Big Daddy & Little Sister 194
Lloyd 200
Richter Abend 206
Squall 226
Colette 246
ServBot 257
Yagami Light & Ryuk 264
Black Shadow 265
Dan Hibiki 273
Team Big Shots 293
Cutman 295
Renji 299
Inuyasha 342
Chrono 366 & 3114
Jade Kurtis 379 + 406
Lil' Slugger 394
Elite Beat Agents 403
Gilius Thunderhead 408
Computer Trolley 444
Brian 453
Tingle 463
SSBB box 467
HeoandReo 494
Staraptor 500
Secret Apprentice 501
Youko 505
The chosen one (Stick figure) 507
Mama Luigi 523
Rouge 526
Indiana Jones 527
Shroob 536
Toadsworth 541
King Arthur 556
Chun-Li 569
Santa 592
Shinon 599
Buzz Lightyear 628
Sword Ganondorf 664
Blaziken 688
Anise Tatlin 704
Nintendogs 713
Roger Rabbit 741
Dry Bowser 742
Doopliss 751
Gigan 754
Luigi the HouseWife 772
Paladin 794
MissingNo 799
Peter Griffin 805
Egoraptor 816
Jeff Hardy 823
Kuroudou Akabane 833
Xigbar 847
Silver the Hedgehog 851
Emeril Lagasse 866
Vulturon 887
Hayden Tenno 899
Dalek 293
White Air Knight 953
Shadowrunner 961
Worm 974
Blaze the Cat 980
Pheonix Wright 981
Decus 983
Chaos0 987
Gemini Spark 1014
Donald & Goofy 1017

Wow good job! one thing... you forgot Kirby friends.... They are post # 1018...

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
It's scary seeing a moveset that isn't riddled with notes on percentages, hitboxes or other features. :O

I honestly like Saki there; you did fine building him up and he sounds perfectly balanced, but his moves could be a bit more detailed on how they can best be used and what kind of playstyles you think can be pulled off. They'll help us appreciate the character a lot more. It'd probably help if I'd ever played Sin and Punishment but alas, I haven't. D:

In unrelated news, though I've not said anything about it, I've been updating my Neku & Shiki moveset bit by bit each day since I uploaded it whenever I found the time. I've not gotten the extras down yet (I really want to work in a SSE role), but I'm pretty happy with most of the moves and damage.
I also changed one thing: Grave Marker is now the Down-air attack and Telekinesis is the down-special. I'm not convinced I'm content with the down-B though; it feels like it's missing something IMO. If anyone's got some advice there, I'm all ears.

I tried giving some more colour-coding to the moves as well (on light pucks, added effects, etc.). Tell me if these help or hinder reading it; I'm wondering if I can make it easier to read.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
It's easy to see a character would be balanced if you don't put any statistics, but it's EQUALLY easy to say that the character would be INbalanced. If you can't tell the balance or really see the play style at all, it's balance is basically unknown, which is quite a bad thing in this contest.

@HyperRidley: Nice job on making the final smash a bit more original in play style and correcting the small problems I had with the moveset. I didn't feel like re-reading the whole strategy guide section, but did you change it slightly for Bass' second jump?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Wow good job! one thing... you forgot Kirby friends.... They are post # 1018...
Holy moley, you're right! I'm sorry, I think that's around the point where I switched the postsperpage up to 40 so I could skim faster. Thanks for informing me though, I'll go update the list now.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
It's easy to see a character would be balanced if you don't put any statistics, but it's EQUALLY easy to say that the character would be INbalanced. If you can't tell the balance or really see the play style at all, it's balance is basically unknown, which is quite a bad thing in this contest.
Touché.

Holy moley, you're right! I'm sorry, I think that's around the point where I switched the postsperpage up to 40 so I could skim faster. Thanks for informing me though, I'll go update the list now.
Because y'know, there's ALWAYS one that you overlook. Always.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

Sorry, I can't hear you over all these super-arousing pictures of Raiden. :bee:
Ahahahah! Dead link! I win!

...Actually, maybe I shouldn't antagonize you, Chief, now that you're sooo close to reviewing the Squeak Squad. Forget I said that.

Saki's very good for a first moveset. Better than the vast majority. You have potential, Gryphon.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Its been awhile so I might as well release.

Chapter 7- The Girls.... And Sain

Level 1- Leaving The Castle

After Sain defeated Bowser, he escorts Peach back to the ball. While there, the two share a dance.

A young woman then offers to take a photograph of them. Donna Letman

As soon as the young photographer sets up her camera, however, the castle once again comes under attack by Primids.

A new girl joins the fight. She brings her doll to life. Anise

Part 1- Under Attack
Playable Characters- Sain, Peach, Zelda, Donna Letman, Anise
Objectives- Defeat All of the Sword Primids (50 in all)
Details-
This is a pretty straightforward battle. Just kill all 50 sword primids to advance.

After this fight, Donna Letman becomes surrounded. With nothing but her camera to defend herself, it looked like it was all over for her.

"Here goes nothing....." said Donna, "Say CHEESE!!!"

Donna snaps a photo of the primids and, to her great astonishment, it causes all the primids in the picture to vanish.

"Wow..." said Donna, kissing her camera, "Thats what I'ld call a Kodak moment."

From this point it became obvious to everyone in the room, even Peach, that something must be done. Someone would have to take the fight to Tabuu, or else all of the Mushroom Kingdom would be destroyed by his infinite army.

Sain volunteers for the job. To his dismay, Peach decides to join him.

"No, Princess, you mustn't come. It is far to dangerous," said Sain.

"Then I will come as well," replied Zelda.

"Oh, great. Now I have to worry about the safety of two princesses," griped Sain.

"Two Princesses and a Photographer," stated Donna, "I may not look like much, but apparently my camera packs a punch."

"Count me in, as well," said Anise. "My magic can protect me."

"I don't have any say in this do I?" asked Sain.

"None at all," replied Peach, "You are my knight. You must do as I say."

"As you wish, my Princess," said Sain.

So with that, the group left Princess Peach's castle and journeyed towards the Research Facility. Zelda, the brains of the group (considering that the only other person in the party that has been to the Subspace Realm before was Peach), stated that if Tabuu was a threat again, then the Subspace Bomb factory must have been rebuilt. They were likely to find a Subspace Portal there.

Level 2- Setting Off

Zelda pulls out a map of Trophy Land. The group had just reached their first checkpoint, The Lake, which resides near Peach's Castle. To get to the Research Facility, they would have to find transportation first. They would head from the Lake, through the Swamp, and through the desert, eventually reaching a Foxhound Army base located in the desert.

Part 1- The Swamp
Objectives- Make it through the swamp.
Details-
This is a side-scrolling level. You will have to fight many Crocs, and other enemies from Donkey Kong, to make it through. There aren't to many traps in the swamp. This swamp contrasts heavily to the one in the current SSE.
The major trap of this level is muddy marshes and bayous (pretty much like a very muddy swampy lake in Louisiana). These areas slow your characters movement and decrease your ability to jump. The bayous act like water and can make you drown if you stay inactive in them for to long.
Crocodiles can be seen swimming through the water and will attack you if you get to close.
This part is lengthy and would probably take about 15 minutes minimum to go through.

"Eww... this place is making my dress all muddy!" complained Peach.

"I think thats not our biggest problem right now," said Sain. "There are enemies ahead."

Sure enough, there were crocs ahead, lead by none other than King K. Rool. Unfortunately, K. Rool spotted the intruders and sent his goons to attack.

Part 2- Crocodile Hunters
Objectives- Defeat the Kremlings (50 total)
Details-
This is a pretty simple beat em up mission. Just defeat all the enemies to continue.
Kremlings are weak and come in several forms:
Normal Kremling- Weak and easy to defeat. Nothing special. Kind of like a regular primid, except with more focus on biting.
Big Kremling- Larger than their normal cousins... actually a lot larger. These guys are slower, stronger, and can take more of a beating.
TNT Kremling- This Kremling likes to commit suicide. Hiding in a barrel of explosives, these Kremlings will run up to the nearest person and blow up. The safest way to deal with them is to use projectiles to take them out from a distance. The explosions are easily powerful enough to kill surrounding Kremlings.

After the fight, the cutscene resumes and King K. Rool prepares to shoot Peach with a cannonball. His plan is unsuccessful, however, because a cocunut comes out of nowhere, landing directly in the barrel of his gun and causing it to backfire.

Two apes jump from the background. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

King K. Rool attacks in his anger and is joined by more Kremlings.

Part 3- Welcome To The Jungle
Useable Characters- Sain, Peach, Zelda, Donna Letman, Anise, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong
Opponents- King K Rool and Kremlings
Objectives- Defeat all of the foes.
Notes-
The easiest way to win this mission is to take out the Kremlings first. This can be accomplished easily through the use of Din's Fire or explosions from a TNT Kremling.
Once this has been accomplished, this fight becomes cake, as K. Rool is slow and predictable.

After being defeated, K. Rool flees. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong pursue him, leaving the group. They will not be seen again for a while.

"Well that was odd..." said Sain, "It's not everyday that you see monkeys fighting crocodiles with guns."

The whole group gets a good laugh out of this.

The party continues on their way, exiting the swamp soon afterwards.

Level 3- The Desert

Sain's party soon finds themself in the arid wastelands of the desert.

"Eww... I thought the swamp was bad..." complained Peach, "I've got sand in my dress."

Everyone laughed at this. Even Sain couldn't hold back a chuckle.

"Well, excuse me, Princess," replied Sain, "You almost got killed by viscious reptiles and your complaining about sand in your skirt?"

Peach, annoyed by her knight's attitude, pulls out her frying pan and whacks him in the head. "How dare you speak to royalty that way, Sain. I could relieve of your duty for this!"

"I'm sorry Princess," replied a hurt Sain, rubbing the back of his bruised head, "I've forgotten my place. This desert must be getting to me. Forgive me, my muse."

The Princess thought a bit and replied with what she would probably consider to be a big word... "OKAY!"

After a water-break, the party resumes their journey through the desert.

Part 1- Land of White Dunes
Objectives- Make it through the desert.
Details-
This part covers a lot of ground, and is, of course, a long level, taking about half an hour to complete.
The enemies of this mission are mostly from the Legend of Zelda series, consisting of Goblins, Octoroks, Re-deads, and many desert enemies from the series.
The only traps are quicksand pits, which slowly pull you under if you don't jump out of them, but occassionally the wind will pick up, creating short sandstorms that do 1% per second.

When this part is finished, the group has nearly arrived at the FoxHound base.

This chapter ends here, as it will not continue until the other groups have met up at this point.

I hope you have all enjoyed this chapter.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
The Generic Sword User
Picture: Generic

Backstory
Generic

A: Generic slash
AA: Generic slash
AAA: Generic slashes
>Tilt: Generic stab
^Tilt: Generic stab
vTilt: Generic sweep

>Smash: Generic slashes
^Smash: Generic Ike ^Smash
vSmash: Powerful generic sweep

Nair: Generic slash forward then backward
Fair: Generic slash forward
Bair: Generic slash backward
Dair: Generic stab downwards
Uair: Generic stab upward

Grab attack: Generic punch
FGrab: Generic throw forward
BGrab: Generic throw backward
Dair: Generic body slam
Uair: Generic throw upwards

B: Generic projectile
>B: Generic multiple slashes
^B: Generic jump
VB: Generic counter

Final Smash: Generic lazer

Music
Generic music
Generic music
Generic music

Stage: Generic flat stage

Unlock: Generic battle

Taunt: Generic pose with generic insult
>Taunt: Generic fighting stance with generic taunt
^Taunt: Generic trip

Entry: Generic appearance out of nowhere

Victory Pose: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#2: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#3: Genric Pose WITH generic catchphrase

Costume#1: Generic color
Costume#2: Generic color swap
Costume#3: Generic color swap
Costume#4: Generic color swap
Costume#5: Generic color swap
Costume#6: Generic color swap

Codec
Generic comic relief

As you can see, a LOT of hard work was put into this, so comments are apreciated!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@HyperRidley: Nice job on making the final smash a bit more original in play style and correcting the small problems I had with the moveset. I didn't feel like re-reading the whole strategy guide section, but did you change it slightly for Bass' second jump?
Thanks, and yes I did make a small change to the paragraph about recovery in the Strategy Guide to account for his new jump.

And LOL at The Generic Sword User. I like how you actually mentioned the specific cliches of Sword-Based move sets.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Firstly, Zoop Triangle has been reviewed. I do Sunday's updates early due to having little times on Sundays for such stuff. The moveset reviews

@Generic Swordsman: Too generic and too big of a lack of detail. It's a terrible moveset. What were you thinking?

@Chapter 7 of Chris Lionheart's SSE: Sorry for hogging the pages with my SSE for a while. In any case, I enjoyed the chapter a decent bit, as it had K. Rool in it (Whether or not it was my K. Rool, I couldn't care less. K. Rool should've been in Brawl.) and Donna, as per my request. You might want to edit in a line for Anise even if just one, as I don't think she has any lines at all, but then again I don't know the character.

Also. . .15/30 minute levels? Replay the levels in the SSE, it pretty much never takes that long. I know I'm not one to talk here, but I have massive parties for the levels and allow you to use all the characters for said levels. . .In any case, that has nothing to do with the story and doesn't really affect SSE quality.

Looking forward to see how your SSE develops, as I want to see how it becomes "progressive". Seeing as you're having a Foxhound base, I've got another request/suggestion for you, and it isn't one of my own movesets either. Would you mind including Fatman by Koj? I'm sorry I don't have a link/page number for you, but if you know the character you should have little trouble including him. His motive is very easy to implement, as he only wants to be "the greatest bomber of them all", and him willing to blow himself up to blow his enemies to do so would probably be a good plot element.

Part 3- Welcome To The Jungle

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom