• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Iron Thorn, you're awesome for making pics for our OC's but you can zip it when you say 4-10 lines per attack, ok, i want my special project to be a success yes, but I dont want to spend a year or 2 of my life working on him ok?

(Don't get me wrong, he's still pretty far from being done, and I won't be working on movesets for ahwile)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Firstly, Zoop Triangle has been reviewed. I do Sunday's updates early due to having little times on Sundays for such stuff. The moveset reviews

@Generic Swordsman: Too generic and too big of a lack of detail. It's a terrible moveset. What were you thinking?

@Chapter 7 of Chris Lionheart's SSE: Sorry for hogging the pages with my SSE for a while. In any case, I enjoyed the chapter a decent bit, as it had K. Rool in it (Whether or not it was my K. Rool, I couldn't care less. K. Rool should've been in Brawl.) and Donna, as per my request. You might want to edit in a line for Anise even if just one, as I don't think she has any lines at all, but then again I don't know the character.

Also. . .15/30 minute levels? Replay the levels in the SSE, it pretty much never takes that long. I know I'm not one to talk here, but I have massive parties for the levels and allow you to use all the characters for said levels. . .In any case, that has nothing to do with the story and doesn't really affect SSE quality.

Looking forward to see how your SSE develops, as I want to see how it becomes "progressive". Seeing as you're having a Foxhound base, I've got another request/suggestion for you, and it isn't one of my own movesets either. Would you mind including Fatman by Koj? I'm sorry I don't have a link/page number for you, but if you know the character you should have little trouble including him. His motive is very easy to implement, as he only wants to be "the greatest bomber of them all", and him willing to blow himself up to blow his enemies to do so would probably be a good plot element.

[/b]

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day!

Actually Anise did get 1 line..... I don't know her character well.

I made the levels long because there aren't very many levels and I wanted to emphasize the distance crossed in those levels.

I don't know Fatman's character well, but IF I can think of something, I'ld certainly consider putting him in.

Lol @ you noticing the song title.

Did you like the flash of camera = instant primid death?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Actually Anise did get 1 line..... I don't know her character well.
She did? I didn't notice. Well, you and me both didn't know her character that well, heh. . .But she does probably need a line when the other girls insist they go with Sain, as she just. . .Appears there.

I made the levels long because there aren't very many levels and I wanted to emphasize the distance crossed in those levels.
Makes sense I suppose. If it's that long though, I hope you get extra lives and the ability to save. Those are more faults of the Smash Bros gameplay system then you to no support really long levels that well.

I don't know Fatman's character well, but IF I can think of something, I'ld certainly consider putting him in.
Not much to know. He's a psycho who wants to be the greatest bomber who ever lived, and is willing to do anything to go down in history with the title. I'll just look up the moveset for you a sec here. Will edit the post shortly with it.

Edit: Koj's Fatman moveset (Incomplete, but still plenty there to draw from.)

Lol @ you noticing the song title.
I play Guitar Hero 3 to death, Raining Blood on Hard man. Looking forward to Guitar Hero 4.

Did you like the flash of camera = instant primid death?
Kinda cheesy, but that's the fault of the character, not you. How else would she kill them?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Nice SSE Chapter Christopher. I enjoyed reading it (lulz at the "Excuse me princess!" line.)

And the generic sword user is awesome. It totally beats the other sword users :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Nice SSE Chapter Christopher. I enjoyed reading it (lulz at the "Excuse me princess!" line.)

And the generic sword user is awesome. It totally beats the other sword users :bee:
Lol you noticed that.

I love using forum jokes (like Marth's a girl, excuse me princess, and stuff like that).

I'm going to use the king of all MYM 3.0 inside jokes somewhere near the end game. Look forward to it. :)

Edit:
When I make a character that is overdone in the contest (K. Rool being a prime example) I am representing everyone who makes the character, not any one person in particular.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day!
Learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play!

I play Guitar Hero 3 to death, Raining Blood on Hard man. Looking forward to Guitar Hero 4.
Same here, and if your looking foward to GHWT, take a look at this.

And back OT, I guess The Cheat and Freddie will have to wait till MYM4. With the amount of time left, I have to make sure to add anything I've forgotten on my older movesets.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Ahh, that's okay. I'm patient. I bide my time.

Updated Metal Knuckles is starting to look pretty good. Looking forward to the rest of it.
ah, Thank you, i'm planning to make Metal Knuckles like some kind've war machine person, a phyisical magician, like his arms does electrical damage, and some moves sets the foe a blaze etc, you lot should know what I mean!

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Attention for everyone who cares:

The Ouendan moveset in my sig will be postponed/canceled:

Reasons why:
1. Playing their games has made me addicted, therefore resulting slow to no updates at all.
2. I noticed that they never run or jump in their games, giving me limits to their awesomeness.
3. With the end date now at the end of october and the slow updates, this might be done in MYM 4.0, with emphasis on the might.

A moment of silence....

"Sigh"
Anyway, on a "okay" note, I'm already planning my next moveset, Delibird. I can give you the fact that his signature move (Present) will be a special move, but that all I can reveal for the time being.

RWB

Smash Ace
I'm happy to see this thread prospering!

Anybody know the final date?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Iron Thorn, you're awesome for making pics for our OC's but you can zip it when you say 4-10 lines per attack, ok, i want my special project to be a success yes, but I dont want to spend a year or 2 of my life working on him ok?

(Don't get me wrong, he's still pretty far from being done, and I won't be working on movesets for ahwile)
I concede, 4-10 lines is a bit much. Does 3-5 sentences sound more manageable?

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Ok this is gonna probly be my last moveset!

SHORT BIO
(From Kirby Wiki) Whispy Woods is a recurring boss in the Kirby series. He first appeared in Kirby's Dream Land and is a giant apple tree that has a face and a branch-like nose. His attacks are to make apples fall on Kirby, blow air puffs, and shoot his roots at Kirby.

THE GOOD AND THE BAD

The Good
-Very Powerful
-Attacks have good Range
-Very Heavy

The Bad
-Slow
-Big Target
-Low Jump
-Cannot Crouch

STATS (Out of 5)

Height- 5 (Tallest character in the game)
Weight- 5
Power- 5
Speed- 1
Jump- 1

Wall Jump- No
Glide- No
Wall Cling- No
Tether Recovery- No

"A" STANDARD MOVES

A- Uproot- Whispy woods stabs his root up, out in front of him, from underground. Meaning this attack hits upward from below.

Damage- Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

F-Tilt- Triple Uproot- Whispy woods stabs three roots in front of him, one in front of the other. This attack has pretty good range. (3 times his standard A)

Damage- Low_Low_Mid-Low
Knockback- Low_Low_Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium

U-Tilt- Treetop Shake- Whispy wood shake his head. A few leafs fall off here and there. This attack is good for attacking aerial enemies, Although it doesnt do very much damage or knockback.

Damage- Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium

D-Tilt- Apple Drop- Whispy woods cannot crouch but if you hold down and press A it will still do this attack. An apple falls off from the top of his head. It hits the enemy or the ground and then disappears.

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Low

Dash A- Tree Trample-
Whispy woods has a very slow walk, run, and dash.
his dash attacks basically makes him go faster for a second. If it hits an enemy though, it will knock them over and Whispy Woods will trample over them!

Damage- Medium
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

SMASHES

F-Smash- Timber!-
Whispy woods falls over. Whispy woods then gets up. If he falls on top of an enemy they get stuck into the ground.

Damage- Medium to High
Knockback- None
Startup Lag-Mid- Low
Ending Lag- Mid-Low
Range- Medium

U-Smash- Mega Uproot- Whispy woods shoot a root up on both sides of him. The root is a lot taller than the regullar one though. Its about the same height as Whispy woods himself.

Damage- Mid-Low to Mid- High
Knockback- Mid-Low to Mid-High
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium

D-Smash- Mega Root Slam- Whispy woods shoots his mega roots up to both sides. They do no damage or knockback going up. Then they slam down to the ground doing damage and knockback.

Damage- Mid-Low to Mid-High
Knoackback- Mid-Low to Mid-High
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

AERIALS

N-Air- Tree Spin-
Whispy Woods spins causing damage. Heres an example of one of whispy woods attaks that doesnt have good range. You basically have to be touching whispy woods to recieve damage.

Damage- Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Low

F-Air- Fall Forward- Whispy woods swings himself forward (like his F-Smash). Has good knockback, but not so good damage.

Damage- Low
Knoackback- Medium
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium

B-Air- Fall Backward- Whipsy woods swings himeself backward. Basically the opposite of his F-air with the same damage and knockback.

Damage- Low
Knockback- Medium
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium

U-Air- Big Shake- Whispy woods shakes his head like his U-tilt. For this attack he shakes his whole body to though. This attack has ok damage and knockback.

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

D-Air- Long Apple Drop- Whispy woods drops an apple (like D-tilt), but since he's in the air the apple has a longer drop. This gives it more damage and knockback then his d-tilt.

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Medium (apple keeps falling until it hits the ground)

GRABS
Whispy woods grabs the enemy with one of his roots. Its pretty unique since he grabs from under instead of in front. Whispy woods grabs the foot of his opponent meaning they are dangling upsidown.

Grab A- Whispy woods slams his opponent against the ground.

Damage- Low
Knockback- None
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- None

Forwawrd Throw- Whispy woods swings the opponent up above his head and throws them forward.

Throw Distance- High
Damage- Mid-Low

Back Throw-
Whispy woods brings a root up on the other side of him. He throws the opponent to that root. Whispy woods now faces the other way. You can continue to juggle your opponent until or throw them forward the other way. If you keep juggling thme eventually Whispy woods will miss and just throw the opponent backward.

Throw distance- None (if he misses and just throws them back-Low)
Damage- None (If he misses and just throws them back it is still- None)

Down Throw-
Whispy woods pulls his root back underground. The opponent goes with it! No, the opponent does ot go all the way underground, they are just stuck in the ground.

Throw Distance- None
Damage- None

"B" SPECIALS

Nuetral B- Air Puff-

This attack is chargeable but you cannot keep the charge. Hold down B and Whispy woods takes in air. When you release B he will blow it out. This attack does no damage, it just blows the opponent back. The attack gets to full charge after about 3 seconds but you can hold it for as long as you want. Ooops i lied this attack can do damage. The only way to do damage though is if you tap B with no charge. Doing this will do little knockback though.

Damage- None (Mid-Low with no charge)
Knockback- Medium-High (Low With no charge)
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- High

Forward B- Fruit Spit-

Whispy Woods spits a fruit forward. The fruit he spits is random. Each differant fuit has differant damage and knockback. The most common is apple, next is plums, then strawberries, then least common are durians (the spiky fruits). After the fruit hits it will fall to the ground and become a food item. It only stays for about a second though and will gain you about 2%.

Apples
Middle Damage and Knockback

Plums
Have a little lower damage and a little higher knockback

Strawberries
Have a little higher damage and a little less knockback

Durians
Have highest damage and Knockback

Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending LAg- Low
Range- Mid-High

Up B- Air Puff Ascend-
Whispy Woods gives a big breath downward. This breath propels him upward. If you are hit by whispy on his way up you recieve damage. The breath does none though. This attack is pretty good for recovery. Note: Whispy goves one breath downward, it is not like Pit's up B where you can stay in the air for a long time.

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Vertical Distance- Good
Horizontal Distance- Bad

Down B- Whispy Jr.

A Whispy Jr. pops out of the ground in front of whispy woods. A whispy Jr. basically looks like a stump with a face and a leaf coming out of the top of his head. It runs forward and hits enemies. He will run until he hits the end of the stage and jump off, or until he hits a wall and he will go back under ground. There can only be one whispy jr. per whispy on stage at a time.

Damage- Low (per hit)
Knockback- Low (per hit)
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- High (Whispy jr. keeps walking until he hits a fall or falls off the edge)

FINAL SMASH
-Whispy Storm-
Whsipy got the smash ball! Whispy gets his mad scary face. Wind starts blowing in random directions flinging enemies around everywhere. Opponents will be running into eachother and flying off the edge. Items on the stage fly around too. Also, Whispy woods drops apples continuously throughout the attack that fly around hitting enemies. The apples do pretty good amounts of damage.

Damage- From wind- None, Per hit of apple- Medium
Knockback- From wind- High, Per hit of apple- Mid-Low

ENTRANCE
Whispy woulds grows from out of the ground.

COLORS

TAUNTS
1. Whispy woods makes his scary angry face.

2. Whispy woods spins around once.

3. A whispy jr. pops up out of the ground. And then pops back into the ground

VICTORY POSES
1. Same as first taunt, but whispy woods runs back and forth.

2. Whispy woods blows out an air puff it flys around him a couple times and then disappears.

3. Many Whispy jr.'s jump around whispy woods.

LOSING POSE
Whispy woods shed a single wooden tear

SNAKE CODEC

Snake: Otacon what is this tree with a face?

Otacon: Thats Whispy Woods. He attacks by blowing air and fruit at you.

Snake: Otacon, its a tree.. how hard can he be to beat?!

Otacon: Even though he's a tree, He is a tough opponent snake! He's can attack you from both near and far.

Snake: He sounds harder than i thought.

Otacon: He is!

Snake: I just hope all of those environmentalist won't hunt me down when i beat him...

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
^^^^He's too big to be a character. He only has the chance to be a boss.

Seriously though. You are really creative with what you got IMO. Just finish it, and i can give my full opinion.

Agi

Smash Lord
Whispy... woods?

Technically his movement speed would be zero, but I like the idea! Impressive work; will definitely read when it isn't a wall of white text.

(lol, I just saw him offstage... a mass of roots hanging down from the main body. I would laugh too hard playing as him XD)

Agi

Smash Lord
Cool, I've never played that one before...
In all the games I played, Whispy (and his clone in Amazing Mirror) was just a wall you attacked, essentially. This visual helped me picture him a lot better.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
ok...I HAVE DECIDED!!! I'm gonna make an SSE!!! It's going to revolve around Peach, Zelda, Daisy, and Rosalina, along with some gals from SCIV.
Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

During a beautiful day, Peach and Daisy are having some tea. Peach asks, "Daisy, it seems a little quieter today than usual. In the background is the Castle theme from Super Mario 64.

Daisy replied, "Yeah, it is. Whaddya think's goin on?"

"I'm not sure. Well, maybe it's just me. Oh, well. More tea?"

"No thanks. I'm good."

Suddenly, a Toad bursts in, yelling that Bowser is kidnapping everyone.

Peach: "Oh my! Come, Daisy. Let's teach him a lesson!"

Daisy: "Okay! I guess we have to since Mario and Luigi are on vacation."

Mushroom Kingdom Town Square
Characters: Peach or Daisy
Objective: Find Bowser
Music: Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.)

Bowser Boss Battle
Music: Airship Theme

After the battle, Peach and Daisy comfort all of the kidnapped townsfolk and return them to their houses.

Later, "Bowser, what is wrong with you," scolds Peach. "Haven't Daisy and I trouced you enough? It's getting very troublesome dealing with you." Peach sharply slaps Bowser then sends him back to his Castle.

Daisy asks, "What was that last slap for?"

Peach Replies, "Because he kidnaps people so often, he deserves it.

Chapter 2: The Visitor from the Stars

Up in Space, Rosalina is reading a story to the Lumas. After reading, she sighs, closes her eyes, smiles, and wonders how Mario is. She decides to visit him.

A luma asks, "Mama, how's Mario?"

She replies, "I don't know. I miss him so. Let's go find him." She sets coordinates for the Mushroom Kingdom.

On her way to visit the Mushroom Kingdom, her ship is hit by a giant asteroid that shoots it off course, and to land very far away from TMK.

"That was a very terrifying experience. I hope that never happens again." She doesn't know where she is, but she decides to go north.

She, after a short walk, sees a brown-haired girl in a purple and white dress sitting on the grass with her horse--Zelda.

She rushes up to Zelda, and greets, saying, "Hello. My name is Rosalina. I was wondering if you know where the Mushroom Kingdom is."

Zelda replies, "Yes, actually, I do. I was on my way to visit Princess Peach. Coincidentally, were you?"

Rosalina says, "Well, yes. How about we go together?"

"I would really like that"

Northern Path
Characters: Rosalina or Zelda
Objective: Find the Mushroom Kingdom
Music: Midna's Lament

After a long walk, the steeple of Princess Peach's castle comes into view. "Only a little bit more, and I shall, once again, see Mario," thinks Rosalina.

I will only be doing 2 chapters per post, so be patient. Thanks. Comments and compliments are appreciated.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm actually not aware of another game he's actually moved in, but KDL3 definitely showed that he CAN.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Ok Whispy woods is pretty much finished!!! Take a look at him!!! Thanks for all the comments so far, and thank SirKibble for showing everyone that he is capable of walking.

Agi

Smash Lord
Looks great! It would be nice if you had highlighted the move names themselves, you have so many extras it can be difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Looks great! It would be nice if you had highlighted the move names themselves, you have so many extras it can be difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins.
Good idea! ok ill get right on it.

EDIT: ok its done!

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to ALL of your feedback, I will be fully optimizing Saki's movesets with stages, knockbacks, lags, etc. I also have five more people that I am working on. One of them is Impa, you all know. I made a noob start, but it wont happen again. I honestly was rushing since my PC time was limited that day. So expect some epic changes. You wont be disappointed.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I made a noob start, but it wont happen again. I honestly was rushing since my PC time was limited that day.
That's forgivable. Personally, I like to make my move sets on Microsoft Word first, and then just copy-paste it into the post. That way I take all the time I need. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I really like Whispy! I actually considered trying to make him, but was discouraged by his lack of movement (KDL3 notwithstanding). The Aerials are a bit weak, but there isn't much to work with there anyway. Awesome job.

On another note, would anyone here be interested in me making a "Powers Kirby" moveset? By that I mean, a Kirby moveset where Forward Smash uses Hammer, Down Aerial uses Jet, Up Special uses Hi-Jump, etc, etc. I've been considering it, but I want to know if anyone thinks it's worth making.

Agi

Smash Lord
On another note, would anyone here be interested in me making a "Powers Kirby" moveset? By that I mean, a Kirby moveset where Forward Smash uses Hammer, Down Aerial uses Jet, Up Special uses Hi-Jump, etc, etc. I've been considering it, but I want to know if anyone thinks it's worth making.
Honestly, this is what I hoped the smash Kirby would be like... go for it!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I second agidus, this is how I've always thought Kirby SHOULD have been in Smash Bros. I nominate needle for USmash.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
That's forgivable. Personally, I like to make my move sets on Microsoft Word first, and then just copy-paste it into the post. That way I take all the time I need. :)
That's exactly what I did. But also, I wanted some premature feedback along with it, since I am new at this, and the site in general. :laugh:

The next characters I am working on are:

Impa

The suspense is murder, I know

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
It is. In fact if you don't you will be hunted like an animal.

Smasherk is my new best friend. WW is awesome. Also he kinda moves in Crystal Shards but only spinning in a circle.

Here's a quick ms paint drawing of the character I'm doing. I just got a scanner but I'm having trouble hooking it up so when I do I'll upload my drawing of him in my scetchbook which is much better.

Agi

Smash Lord
Not to disregard GCM, but this whole "Powers" kirby has me full of inspiration.. if only I had thought of it, gah.

Dash attack: Wheel
Utilt: Parasol
FTilt: Sword
DSmash: Electric
BSide: Bomb

You have a wealth of powers, it's all in how you use them.

/jealous >.<

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yes, Kirby should have one of the most unique move sets in Smash Bros, but of course the one time we WANT Sakurai to pander his character he doesn't do it .>_>

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Do it. Someone on the Kirby boards made a moveset for Kirby that used strictly actual moves from powers. It was pretty awesome, but naturally, lacking detail and descriptions. So I'd like to see it done, as the possibilities are endless.

UFO Kirby for Final Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom