• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
i took a little trip to Appalachain State today to play some contenders in the upcomming tourney, (which was a bad idea since it was both a home football game, and you guys know how popular App is now, and it was homecomming). but i got some good matches in and needles to say, i won all of them. i played six people, a Meta Knight, Lucario, Snake, Kirby, another Snake, and a Marth. tiers may not exist, but the list sure has some influence.

apparently there is a Link main just shy of my skill level, so im gonna train for link a bit, anyone got any suggestions on areas i should focus on? ive looked at the matchup thread but i need specifics of tourney links.

also im aware that six people isnt a good representation of the crowd attending the tourney, im sure there will be a lot of good people, im just planning using the data i received.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow, I actually did really well yesterday in round robin.

I'm glad to hear the HOBO results and I hope everyone else who had or is having a tournament outing this weekend does really well. Yoshi for the victory! <3

SOVAman

Smash Hero
@clueless: use my format and I will post it

@Shiri: I only played doubles this week did average I teamed with a toon link and it actually worked out pretty good.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Oh GOD... I did horrible yesterday!!! >_< one month off really throws off your game!! let us never speak of that tournament again

Sharky

Smash Master
well, I didn't get a ride in this weekend, so much for that. I really need to start getting to some tourneys, though. Zero just doesn't do! >.<

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll be going to my first in the upcoming month hopefully. Virgilijus is hosting a tourney in the upcoming month.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ok lilb, fixed.

Bwett
HOBO 11 (10/4/08)
25th out of 113
Houston, TX

Furbs
HOBO 11 (10/4/08)
33rd out of 113
Houston, TX

Swoll (me)
HOBO 11 (10/4/08)
49th out of 113
Houston, TX

I have really bad luck, the first person I had to fight was the person who made first last time. The second person I fought was a link main, the first one I've ever seen...apparently, that's Yoshi's worst matchup according to the matchup thread. I didn't even know that until it was too late ;_;

Anyway, I learned ALOT from watching and playing Bwett while I was there and I think that is the only reason why I made it to 49th. Thx Bwett! Your Yoshi is GREAT!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
The second person I fought was a link main, the first one I've ever seen...apparently, that's Yoshi's worst matchup according to the matchup thread. I didn't even know that until it was too late ;_;
but it was dingding!!!!
also i finished 2nd of 6 in my pool (next to DSF)
also, that was quite possibly the toughest tournament i ever went to :O

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
pretty awesome yoshi results there guys :bigthumbu

we'd be doing well to keep replicating that

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I love Yoshi but I cannot place **** with him.

I'm in the midwest. There are fewer metaknights because they all went to G&W. Our meta game revolves around a 2D character and I hate it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
but it was dingding!!!!
also i finished 2nd of 6 in my pool (next to DSF)
also, that was quite possibly the toughest tournament i ever went to :O
Well now that I know there is a Link main around here, I need to go to his thread and figure out how he works. I don't care if it was DingDing, I've beaten people better than him who used different characters.
I wasn't prepared, and so I lost. Bottom-line

Bwett

Smash Ace
It's all good, dude. That tourney was ridiculously difficult, anyways. I almost didn't even make it out of pools so yeah...scary lol. Just so everyone knows, M2K is not in any way hyped up. He is that hard, and he was in my pool of 5 =P

D

Deleted member

I got 5th in a tourny today. I beat some of the best players in my city, and took DSF to last stock, 137 percent, 3rd game (even tho he was prolly sandbagging, like he always does). I shoulda gotten 4th, but i was stupid and I was kinda tired from my match with DSF =/ Im really bad at remembering what to do sometimes(i lost to tornade spam, i shoulda been upsmashing a lot more, but i lost because i was stupid and forgot, and i had beaten a better Mk earlier). A lesson for next time i guess -.-

Vids were recorded(it stopped workin for dsf match =()

Mmac

Smash Lord
Of course he's that hard. He won :p

Anyways good job guys

Edit: Also Socks, post results please

D

Deleted member

Chula vista weekly XV
10/5/08
5 out of 20
Chula Vista, CA

Yay =D
Still, 4th place woulda been another top 4 for yoshi(more points), and i really think if i wasn't so bad at remembering things, i woulda won.

Edit: The dates on my tournies are wrong i think =/

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I will get that up later socks I am at school right now.....lol
*gasp* how will you be prepared for your exams?! Ha, I used to finish all my work in the first 15 to 20 min, then my teacher had a bed arranged for me at the back of the class room. She was the best teach ever.

Mmac

Smash Lord
BURNT! Submit your Tournament results to the character ranking thread, NAO!

...... please?

D

Deleted member

Last time i got 7th, and they didnt even add it. Freakin lame =(
Ill do it later.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL @ that thread

"Don't let his ranking fool you, he's still in E tier."

My mission is done, ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL

PRiDE

Smash Lord
PRiDE is attending a big NYC tourn tonight. PREY my results are no wheres near as horrendous as they were on my "come back" tourn... lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
PRiDE is attending a big NYC tourn tonight. PREY my results are no wheres near as horrendous as they were on my "come back" tourn... lol
Dat come back wasn't hyped so don't feel so bad and good luck

another thing if I place top 4 at Chu's final Biweekly tomorrow I will actually win a good amount of cash cuz there is suppose to be "a lot" of people there. (not like its possible to place top 4 wit yoshi in NoVA)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I now two people who are going to that and are staying at Chu's. XD They're good. Real good. Mitsurugi and Duo55....look for the names.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I now two people who are going to that and are staying at Chu's. XD They're good. Real good. Mitsurugi and Duo55....look for the names.
Saw them posting on the ECRC thread didn't know they were going though

Chu's house is going to be packed.........lol........XD

PRiDE

Smash Lord
woot. 7th out of 36? at NYC.. will post in more details once the actual results get posted.. more points for yoshi!

Chaco

Never Logs In
GO Pride.

If your wondering, I do play Jiggly. I just switched my icon cause i like the puff.

Sharky

Smash Master
not shut down, per se. It says in the thread that he's still keeping track of them, so you could still give him the results if you want. =)

Top Bottom