• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
-PAULA-

Paula is an awesome character from Earthbound that I think should have made it into Brawl. My moveset is a semi clone like Lucas and Ness, but otherwise she is totally unique. All of her attacks have triangular shapes, similar to how Lucas has hexagons and Ness has circles.

STATS(out of 5)
Height-As tall as the other kids.
Weight- A tad heavier than Lucas.
Speed- As fast as Lucas. lol
Fall Speed- Pretty much the same as the other kids.
Recovery- 4

Abilities
crawl- no
wall jump-no
wall cling-no
glide-no
tether-no

Tilts

Jab: Paula sends some PSI energy out from her hands. Has a set knockback to that of about half of the distance Ness's Fthrow covers. Similar to Zelda's jab attack.
Ftilt: A quick double slap infused with psychic energy. I guess you could compare how it works to Snake's (not in knockback though).
Dtilt: she points her finger at the ground. If an enemy is there, they will get zapped and get spiked at a diagonal angle if they are off the edge (range is about as long as Ike's sword, spike is about as powerful as Wolfs). Hits in sort of a cone area. If the enemy is grounded it will knock them forward (with similar knockback of Lucas's Ftilt sweetspotted)
Utilt: Paula throws up her left hand and a zap of energy comes out of it.

Smashes

Fsmash: Paula smacks someone with her signature frying pan! She goes about doing this similar to how Ike does his Fsmash, right over her head. Has the knockback of Pika's Fsmash. Makes the noise peach's frying pan makes when it hits. DOES NOT REFLECT ITEMS!!! Counts as a disjointed hitbox, so you could cancel projectiles or other hitboxes with it. It comes out a little faster than Ness's bat, but a bit slower than Lucas's stick.
Dsmash: Paula focuses with all her might and thrusts her hands on either side of her, creating a huge blast of fire on either side of her. Has the knockback of Boozer's Dsmash (last frame).
Usmash: She holds her hands up, making a spinning triangle. Think Zelda's Usmash, but you are unable to DI out of it.

Air Moves

Nair: Does a psychic power charged sex kick.
Fair: Slaps the air from a 12 o clock position to an 8 o clock position with both of her hands, with psychic energy coming from her hands at an angle like Lucas's Bair. This is a spike, if you hit with the psychic energy then you spike them with the power of Lucas's spike.
Dair: Paula does a mid air flip and then points when her head is at the 6 o clock position and makes a Zelda Uair like explosion. She gets a mid air stall like Rob's Dair gives him, it has the knockback of Zelda's Uair and comes out just as quick also. For the animation think Wolf's Dair, with the explosion at the point of spiking.
Uair: The mid air headbutt. A clone of Ness's Uair essentially.
Bair: A drop kick with some psychic energy for more power. Has Luigi's Bair's knockback.

Specials

Neutral B: PSI Shield: Paula covers herself in PSI Shield. This comes out as fast as a counter. It stays on for 6 seconds, reflecting any projectiles. If you use it right as you are being attacked (like any other counter), the shield will explode in her face, turning her black but still showing her eyes (like Ness's entrance) doubling the damage and knockback of the countered attack leaving her helpless for 1 second afterwards. This counters projectiles too, so beware the lag. Activating this is also a mid air stall.

Side B: PK Fire. Paula throws a bolt of fire at the enemy. This is about as laggy as Lucas's. It has no initial damage, it only does damage and creates a pillar like Ness's. However the damage ticks twice as fast and is much harder to DI out of. If used in the air it will go straight, if B is tapped twice when you use this in the air it will go diagonally like Ness's.

Up B: PK Thunder. This is like Ness's in speed and the fact that you only hit once with it. However, instead of sending them up it sends the enemy down like an extremely weak spike. If you hit someone with the thunder itself mid air, she will not go into a state of helplessness. If you stage cancel it in midair she will not go into a state of helplessness. She will cover as much distance as Ness does with his PKT2. The knockback is set, throwing the enemy about 5 Meta knights opposite of the direction she hit them (yes that also means downward.). PKT2 makes her go into a state of helplessness. The thunder has no tail however.

Down B: PSI Magnet. Absorbs as much as Lucas's and coming out as fast as Lucas's, though it covers her whole body like it does Ness. This is an air stall.

Grabs/Throws

Grab: Think Ness.
Grab jab: Shocks the enemy with a small amount of energy, dealing 1% damage but with very rapid shocks.
Fthrow: Paula throws the enemy at an upward diagonal angle in front of her, making them stay in place and be helpless. Very soon after she nails them with a perfectly aimed PK Fire., also going diagonally up to where they are in place.
Bthrow: Forces the enemy backwards, similar knockback to D3's Bthrow.
Dthrow: Does a ZSS style dthrow, she body slams them with her butt and they go straight up.
Uthrow: Does an animation similar to Zelda's Usmash, but instead sending out frost and freezing them, making them go upward. They stay frozen for 4 seconds.

Final Smash: Pray. Paula prays with all her heart, asking for divine guidance. Her eyes start glowing and turns into a Wario man type form, all of her attacks are super powerful and she is invincible.

Taunts/Victories

Up taunt: Paula waves at the front of the screen.
Down taunt: Paula spins around, with psychic energy swirling around her.
Side taunt: Paula giggles.

Victory stance one: Paula points at random locations, making small explosions appear and then looking forward.
Victory stance two: Paula hovers in place and spins and smiles.
*dies from lack of blinding, seizure-causing colors*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Geez, when did smashboards become about to talk about teenage sex and dating? lol

Although doesn't Sagi still have his soul stolen, or are you going to ignore that?
I'll try to incorporate that when Sagi's group makes a reappearence. They won't be in for a couple of chapters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
^ When VG characters became hot.

The best way for a nerd/geek/gamer to get a girl is to find a girl who is ALSO a nerd/geek/gamer. I learned that the easy way. ATLANTA is where the gamer goddesses be at. :laugh:
Or he could just fake it. ;)

Not that I'm opposed to nerd/geek/gamer girls. On the contrary, I love 'em. But I like to not limit my options. :laugh:

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I only like girls who are EXACTLY like me except is a girl. Any slight difference and the answer is no.
Like right now she has to be on the computer and typing a completley BS post.
...She's got to be out there somewhere.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
^ When VG characters became hot.

Or he could just fake it. ;)

Not that I'm opposed to nerd/geek/gamer girls. On the contrary, I love 'em. But I like to not limit my options. :laugh:
Yeah. But I love my Heartzie boo. Her cute little freckled cheeks that turn pink when I beat her in a match. So cute. Then again, they also turn pink when she beats ME so yeah. lol

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
a new moveset which lacks much detail by a new person (Its good for your first moveset, that being said), but it needs knockback, damage, range and generally more detail!
Talking to people who visit the social group: see about my thought, we, or I have to say the same thing over and over again, you see, with my thought of having an example of a bad detailed moveset, half detailed moveset, and a greatly detailed moveset ( using the marios moveset) and put the examples in the first post of the next MYM would be great.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I only like girls who are EXACTLY like me except is a girl. Any slight difference and the answer is no.
Like right now she has to be on the computer and typing a completley BS post.
...She's got to be out there somewhere.
Can't be TOO picky, now. Me and Heartz are one and the same, except she's a girl, has a short fuse, likes pulling pranks, and
testicle-kicks

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Let's get a few more posts, I wanna post my Kirby moveset on a fresh page!

Oh, and Paula has potential. /notspam

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
a new moveset which lacks much detail by a new person (Its good for your first moveset, that being said), but it needs knockback, damage, range and generally more detail!
Talking to people who visit the social group: see about my thought, we, or I have to say the same thing over and over again, you see, with my thought of having an example of a bad detailed moveset, half detailed moveset, and a greatly detailed moveset ( using the marios moveset) and put the examples in the first post of the next MYM would be great.
Truth, PKPower. I did that at first, though I was a bit more organized with color and proper spacing. The first thing that people notice in a moveset is a picture, a colorful title, and underlining. I didnt even notice it was a moveset until I got to your signature. jkjk lol. But practice makes perfect. Start off with the basics, and add from there. But organization and elaboration is key.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yeah. But I love my Heartzie boo. Her cute little freckled cheeks that turn pink when I beat her in a match. So cute. Then again, they also turn pink when she beats ME so yeah. lol
Wow... that had to be embarrassing to say that....

I wish I had a cute gaming girlfriend. :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
ARMED WITH A DAZZLING NEW ARRAY OF COPY ABILITIES, KIRBY RETURNS TO THE FRAY, BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE!

~~~BACKGROUND~~~

Kirby is a man who needs no introduction. The splendid
PHP:
pink puffball has been soaring his way through a series of addictive games for years. Along the way, he wields a unique trick; the ability to steal his foes' powers and make them his own. His current Smash iteration hardly does his many copy powers justice.

Perhaps one day he shall be redesigned.

~~~OVERVIEW~~~

Idle Stance --- Kirby shifts from toe to toe, raring for action. Occasionally, he dons a cap and twirls his yo-yo to pass the time until his next furious battle.

Walk --- Kirby does a very simple, shuffling walk that appears in every game he's ever been in. It has decent speed for a walk - see Gourmet Race. Looks very casual, but lets you know that something devastating is on the way.

Run --- The puffball raises his stubby little arms way up high and scurries forward, feet darting around at a fantastic speed. By fantastic, read a bit above average. Kirby isn't among the fastest of characters, but he has enough speed to get by and to pursue.

Crouch --- Kirby ducks down suddenly, going so very low that he looks like a pancake. This retains many of its properties, being a very useful trick, as it allows him to slip under many projectiles and even physical blows.

Dizzy Stance --- Kirby's eyes almost pop out of his skull, and swirl around crazily in their sockets as he teeters to and fro. Poor little guy, you just can't help feeling sorry for him.

Sleep Stance --- Sleep ---Kirby dons his little nightcap and hits the snooze, small bubbles floating up from him. Shhhh - he needs his beauty sleep. See, isn't he adorable:

---~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---​

Height --- This one's pretty self-explanatory; as we all well know, Kirby is in fact a shrimp. He can be counted quite safely among the shortest characters in the game, which combines with his pancake crouch to make him quite a slippery one.

Weight --- Oh, no. Kirby's worst weakness rears its head. Looks like Kirby's been losing weight; he's lighter than ever! His nemesis Jigglypuff is still even less chunky, but that doesn't mean he can't be thrown around by big, beefy heavyweights and powerhouses.

First Jump --- Kirby launches himself off of the ground by first ducking, and then rising to gain maximmum momentum. Sadly, that's not exactly a lot in itself, and Kirby doesn't really cover much distance in this one. A short jump for a short fellow.

Extra Jumps --- Ah, here we go. By filling himself up with air, Kirby can get a string of about four additional jumps, each one propelling him slightly farther through the air. After the last one, Kirby exhales sharply, a puff of air shooting out, blowing foes who are directly in front of him away. After that, he goes into freefall.

Power --- Well, I won't say he has no firepower, but most of the brand new Kirby's attacks are better at dishing out the damage than tossing foes away. That's alright, though; he has a few attacks specifically tailored to KO.

Attack Speed --- Pow, pow, pow! Kirby can dish out strings of attacks without too much trouble. His biggest advantage here is that many of his attacks are unpredictable and/or have disjointed hitboxes, so that even those that come out slowly seem like they came out of nowhere.

Traction --- Those little red boots of his are a bit worn out after years of adventuring; Kirby can't exactly turn on a dime. He trips a bit more often than most, too; he may be the saviour of Dreamland many times over, but no one can argue that he's a clumsy little chap.

Fall Speed --- Full of air and rotund as he is, Kirby doesn't fall quickly at all. This lets him get maximum use out of his extra jumps, as he doesn't really lose any air between them, making them comparable to one giant, break-up-able leap.

Range --- Kirby's biggest improvement! Now that he's no longer relying strictly on his stubby, flailing limbs, Kirby actually has pretty decent range. Sad to say, though, that most of his ranged attacks have very weak power output. Still, it adds up to make him a somewhat more balanced combatant.

~~~MOVESET~~~

SPECIALS

Neutral Special --- Copy --- Kirby dons a strange visor and scans the area directly before him for as long as you hold the B button. If he scans over a foe, the foe flinches slightly as Kirby snatches his B attack for his own use. Unlike his current form, he only dons the foe's cap when using their B attack.

Notes --- This attack functions similarly to Kirby's current Copy attack, but is juicier for several reasons. For one thing, Kirby does not, in fact, have to scan the foe to snatch their B attack. If that attack happens to be a projectile, he can scan that to steal it instead. Of course, that won't stop the attack from hitting him square in the face, but it grants him the gift of flexibility. It keeps the tricky hitbox, as it's tough to judge exactly where Kirby's scanning range ends.

Bear in mind that he ONLY dons the foe's cap when he uses B. The rest of the time, he is hatless. This is significant as many of his attacks see him donning a cap.

Taunting, taking a solid hit, and being knocked out will still all result in Kirby losing his copy ability. Use it wisely.

Forward Special --- Bomb --- Kirby pops on a funny little tuque with a bobble at the end and pulls a bomb out of seemingly nowhere. A small crosshair appears immediately beside Kirby, traveling fairly quickly up and down. Upon releasing B, Kirby chucks the bomb at the trajectory of the crosshair, and it soars through the air, exploding mightily upon contact with a foe or the ground.

Notes --- The crosshair starts at its lowest point, where it will travel only a short distance before its downwards curve brings it into the ground. It speedily zips up to almost directly above Kirby, where it will go about as high up as Mario's jump before coming back down, having only moved forward an inch. It then heads back down. After about five seconds, the bomb is thrown automatically, so make haste!

This attack definitely needs some practice to get the precise angle you want. Bear in mind that Kirby cannot move while the bomb is in the air, so he's quite vulnerable. A foe can, theoretically, come up from behind and knock Kirby into his own bomb.

The bomb itself has a sizable explosion - a bit smaller than that of a Bob-Omb - that is actually fairly strong, stronger than that of Link's bombs, with KO potential at very high percentages. It does about 8%, which is fairly decent for a projectile, but takes practice to land properly. Since it soars slowly, it can be dodged.

Now, usually Kirby will draw a regular Bomb. However, he has a 5% chance of drawing either a pale, chilly Ice Bomb or a crackling green thunder Bomb. The Ice Bomb has the exact same properties, but with a blue explosion and a 50% chance of freezing at the explosion. Thunder Bomb makes multiple sparking hits upon explosion before knocking the foe away, which gives you a bit of time to try and pursue with a more devastating attack.

Up Special --- Hi-Jump --- Kirby suddenly bears a majestic red cape around his shoulders (even though he doesn't have any)! He launches himself upwards suddenly, trailing little sparkles, and hurtles right on through any foe who gets in his way! Very nice range on this recovery, covering as much distance as Game and Watch's. Upon contact with foes, 4% will be dished out.

Notes --- Anyone who's played the game will know more or less exactly how this works. By tilting the control stick as he shoots up, you can make this a diagonal recovery instead of a strictly vertical one. Add this to its high priority, good speed, and fine knockback upon smashing a foe, and you have an Up Special that makes Kirby's already excellent recovery even better.

That notwithstanding, this move's horizontal range is still lacking, and it's all to easy to knock Kirby faaar away horizontally.

Down Special --- Light --- Whoa! Popping on some shades, Kirby rears back and tosses what appears to be a small spark up into the air, where it explodes in such a dazzling flash of light that the screen turns to white for a few seconds, making it impossible for anyone to see where they're going, except for clever Kirby, as his shades are still crisply visible through the screen of whiteness.

Notes --- This dynamic attack is one of Kirby's essential tools. Bear in mind that you can only use it when Kirby starts to glow, signifying that his charge is complete. Charging up Light takes about thirty seconds, and the blindness itself lasts only about five. You also cannot use this move while in the air.

That said, this has many, many applications. Foe approaching? Activate Light, then dodge and counter before they realize what's going on. You want to approach yourself? Use Light, and attack while the foe's still figuring out where they are. Perhaps the best use of this move is in gimping foes with tricky recoveries, like Ness, Diddy, or King Dedede. Without the precision afforded to them by sight, perhaps they'll recover, and perhaps they won't. You can seal the deal by going in to edgeguard them, navigating by shades alone, but be very wary; KOing yourself after blinding everyone is fail.

BASIC ATTACKS

A --- Fighter --- Smash Punch --- Kirby, donning a red fighter's headband, delivers a single, strongarm blow that comes out quite suddenly. This attack seems like quite a simple, short-range punch, but actually fires a small blast of chi energy that travels forward for about the distance of Bowser's Fire Breath before vanishing.

Notes --- The brunt of the attack does a sad 2%, as does the ranged energy blast. However, the speed here is most definately a factor, and the blast gives it quite decent range for stopping approaches. Unless you physically connected, though, you won't be able to follow up with Vulcan Jab.

AA --- Fighter --- Vulcan Jab --- Still wearing his headband, Kirby sends out a sudden, rapid-fire flurry of punches that really dishes out some damage. This has surprisingly short range, and no more than flinching knockback.

Notes --- Unlike his current iteration, a single tap will send out the Vulcan Jab, a multi-hit attack that can do a maximum of 6%, very decent for an A combo. It's hard to keep the foe in all the hits, though, so good luck. You can follow this up with Rising Break no matter how many of the hits connect.

AAA --- Fighter --- Rising Break --- Kirby turns a flip, a grim look on his face, connecting with foes with his feet as he does so. Foot uppercut would be an accurate depiction of this move. As the last in Kirby's mighty Fighter combo, it does very little damage in contrast to Vulcan Jab, but has decent knockback and good vertical range.

Notes --- Aha. Even if the hits of Vulcan Jab knock the foe into the air above and in front of Kirby, sparing them damage, the Rising Break has a good chance of nailing them for another 1%. Don't use this combo too often, though, as each step has its own chances of missing, and this one has some wind-down lag as Kirby regains his footing.

Dash Attack --- Wheel --- Kirby suddenly changes form, becoming a rapidly spinning orange wheel that shoots forward at a frightening speed. After a short distance, during which contact with foes will launch them straight up, Kirby skids to a stop, becoming his usual self again. This attack is somewhat similar to Sonic's Dash Attack in theory, but more sudden.

Notes --- Kirby's whole body becomes a hitbox that dishes out 4% on contact. It can be executed quite suddenly, giving it some use, but doesn't have combo potential, as the foe doesn't go far and can hit the ground before Kirby slips out of his Wheel form.

Now, for a little goody that this attack adds. It gains certain elemental properties depending on the stage you're fighting on. On an icy stage like the Summit, Kirby's wheel will become blue and will have a 50% chance of freezing. On a fiery stage like Norfair, it will - you guessed it - be red, and do 6% instead of 4%. Lastly, on a sandy and/or muddy stage, the wheel will be brown and kick up a storm of dust. Here, it'll come out in a split second and last for a longer distance.

TILTS

Forward Tilt --- Yo-yo --- Sporting a backwards blue cap, Kirby twirls his little yo-yo in a spirally arc directly in front of him. This has a disjointed hitbox where only the yo-yo itself will dish out damage. The attack takes some time to send out and to complete its trajectory, but Kirby proves that he has more mastery over this particular tool than Ness.

Notes --- This attack has very nice range, and can be applied quite well to dissuaging approach attempts and following up an attack that sent them seemingly just out of range. It has poor horizontal knockback, though. Best to be used in moderation, keep it from becoming too predictable a follow-up.

Up Tilt --- Needle --- Bearing a spiky cap, Kirby ducks down, and a crown of thick yellow needle sprout up, making a veritable shield of needles above him. He stays motionless, covered in spikes, for a second or so, then gets back up and retracts his thorns.

Notes --- This move stays out for a while, and has nice priority. Unlike in the games, Kirby can be approached by attacks that come from low and from the sides. The needles have a set amount of knockback into whatever direction the foe hit the spikes from, and deal 5%, an okay amount. Overall, this move is great for discouraging aerial approaches, more than any use for chaining attacks or hitting a foe next to you. Its priority is its most notable feature.

Down Tilt --- Ice --- Kirby, wearing a crown of ice crystals, jumps up slightly, and a hexagon of blue energy materializes directly beneath him. The energy force field deals tiny damage and has NO knockback, but has a decent chance of freezing. It has lag both at the start and the end of the attack, though.

Notes --- This move has a 50% chance of freezing, but that's not enough to justify its use most of the time, as it only does 1%, is laggy, and has a small hitbox. Easily disruptable, unless you feel like taking a risk, avoid this one, however cool it may look.

SMASHES

Forward Smash --- Hammer --- With a twisted cord around his head, Kirby draws a gigantic brown hammer and swings down mightily with both hands. The attack is slow to execute, but has great firepower, being one of his few effective KO moves.

Notes --- Interestingly, unless you sweet-spot the move on the outer lip of the hammer, the foe will not, in fact, take knockback, but will instead be driven into the ground a la DK's Forward Special. Which is bad, because what are you going to follow up with? Yo-yo? The first is definately the preferable variant. In any case, the heavy hammer deals a tidy 17%. Hard to use but important as a rare KO attack.

Up Smash --- Magic --- Kirby pulls a magician's top hat out of nowhere and pull it off, holding it in front of him. A giant Jack-in-the-box pops out at a rapid speed, then slumps over and jiggles around a bit before being pulled back in. The best hit is on the jester as he emerges, but he deals some damage even afterwards, his whole form a hitbox.

Notes --- The jester first pops straight up, and this deals 14% and has pretty decent horizontal knockback. After straightening completely, he slumps over, in front of Kirby. His spring now hits for 2% and his still-wobbling head, for 6%. This part has almost no knockback.

This attack can be considered laggy, as, even though the jester comes out suddenly, it takes time foe Kirby to prepare his trick. The jester retracts quickly, but again, Kirby has to stash the hat. This leads to an easily punishable attack that's decent in the middle of a free-for-all, what with its large hitbox, but that really lack precision, and needs timing to be used to any effect.

Down Smash --- Tornado --- Donning a swirly windy crown, Kirby goes into a sudden spin, engulfed by a miniature tornado, then moves forward slightly, moves back beyond where he started, and finally moves back to his original position. This all happens exceptionally quickly, in Kirby's quickest smash.

Notes --- Since it comes out quickly and has nice high priority, this is definitely one of Kirby's better attacks. Its knockback is nothing to preach about, though, and it only deals 11%.

This move has one unusual property; its powers may change depending on what terrain you're fighting on, rather like Wheel. On a particularly dirt or sand-covered stage, the tornado will be narrower and the move quicker, but weaker, doing 8%. On an ice-crusted stage, the tornado will become blue, and has a 50% chance of freezing the foe, but, again, does less, 9%. Best of all, fiery stages like Norfair will see the tornado sucking up the bits of ash and sparks in the air, and make the tornado both larger and stronger, doing 13% and becoming fiery. This does have the inconvenient add-on of making the attack slower.

Whatever its elemental property, this move exemplifies Kirby's unpredictability and his capacity for sudden, speedy attacks.

AERIALS​

Neutral Aerial --- Fire --- Kirby explodes into a ball of fire and spin rapidly in midair. Contact with his body will send the foe away singed and blazing. An attack with some decent knockback.

Notes --- This attack is extremely useful when shorthopped, as it's quick to execute, deals 6%, has little lag, and doesn't have too much knockback, making it quite possible to pursue the foe and start some combo or other. A handy attack, even though it can be outprioritized and has little range.

Forward Aerial --- Spark --- This attack appears to be a bit different from Spark's properties in Kirby games. Instead of being engulfed by a plasma force field, Kirby extends an arm and creates such a force field directly before him. This ball of lightning causes multiple hits that can get quite annoying after a while, and is pretty large to boot. It has next to no knockback, though.

Notes --- Now, this attack takes a bit of time to set up, as Kirby has to get his arm ready and start the surge of energy and all that. However, it stays out for a good while, and does multiple hits all the while, each dealing 1%. Bearing in mind that it's hard to land all of them, they can dish out up to 14%. Combine that with high priority afforded you by making a force field, and you have an attack that's very handy for spacing and racking up damage. Use as much as needed.

Back Aerial --- Mirror --- In an especially zany attack, Kirby splits out an identical copy of himself as he poses and smiles at the screen, as in the below picture. The copy zips out in a blur and poses once it reaches about a distance of one Kirby away from the real Kirby. It doesn't even remain out for a second, though, before zipping back in.

Notes --- Very disjointed hitbox on this one. As the clone rushes out or rushes back, if it collides with a foe, they'll take okay knockback and about 7%. Kirby can be hit at any time during this attack, and this would cause the clone to vanish instantly, fading out of existence. Now, bear in mind that the copy itself cannot be injured, giving it great priority, but also that this attack leaves a window for an attack directly on Kirby.

This move's uses are many. It's a strange and unpredictable move that's truly great for mindgames. It has enough firepower to act as a finisher. It makes a terrific taunt. It's not Kirby's quickest attack, though.

I recommend stringing this attack multiple times with Kirby's multiple jumps to effectively dazzle and confuse your foe.

Up Aerial --- Cupid --- Suddenly wearing a pair of wings that flutter slightly and slow his descent, Kirby points his bow upwards and fires a small heart-tipped arrow that goes up with a *twang* and vanishes when it hits a foe or loses momentum, which is after about a Kirby and a half up. It's a weak move, but relatively quick, if nothing else.

Notes --- This attack comes out much quicker than you'd think, and, although it takes a second or so to fire the arrow and stow the weaponry, Kirby doesn't really lose any air, as his wings keep him up for the time being. This gives the attack a (minor) use outside of hurting the foe.

The damage is very low - 4% - and the knockback is no more than a flinch. I suppose the arrow has decent range and outprioritizes stuff, but it doesn't make up for its meager properties. Despite the tactical advantage of slowing down your descent, I'd advise using this one conservatively.

Down Aerial --- Jet --- Donning a high-tech rocket on his back, Kirby activates the thrusters, causing a plume of fire to jab down a full-size Kirby beneath him. It remains out for a second during which Kirby does not lose height, then sputters and dies.

Notes --- When the jet first roars to life, if a foe is directly underneath the rocket - by directly, read overlapping it - they WILL be spiked. This is very hard to accomplish, though, as Kirby needs to get right on top of them to do it. For the rest of the attack, contact with the flame will bounce a foe away at a great speed, though not very far, and do about 5%. It stays out long, is pretty big, and has high priority, but sadly, its damage dealing properties are nothing to brag about.

Which means that you can use this as a difficult-to-pull-off spike and not much else. Mastering this attack gives Kirby an edgeguarding option much more effective than his other aerials, and also an unpredictable way to bounce a foe away and give yourself some more space.

THROWS

Grab --- Throw --- Kirby, wearing a blue headband, opens his mouth wide and sucks foes in. This gives the grab as large a range as his current Special, and about equal to Yoshi's grab. Once he gets them, he instantly takes them by the neck and holds them beside him.

Forward Throw --- Suplex --- This throw, alone of Kirby's attack, remains more or less identical to its current iteration. Turning his foe upside down in his arms, Kirby leaps forward, flipping multiple times, and piledrives them head-first into the ground.

Notes --- This throw has a second's wind-down as Kirby hops on back to his original position. In any case, it deals a very fair 9%, but has set knockback and can't ever KO. It can, however, be used in a Kirbycide, taking your foe with you as you leap into oblivion. Since they're on the bottom, if you're both on your last stock, they will be the one to lose.

Back Throw --- Wing --- Wearing a native american headdress, Kirby flies slightly forward, then does a shuttle loop, whirling in midair. He releases the foe at the downwards part of his loop, causing the foe to go flying into the ground and bounce off of it if they don't tech.

Notes --- Now, as soon as the foe is releases, Kirby loses the headdress and can attack, meaning that if the foe techs off of the ground, they're face to face with a soaring Kirby. It may only do 5% and be unable to KO, but this gives it a unique application.

This move is also useful if you're standing by the ledge, as Kirby will actually turn and toss them diagonally down off of the stage. At higher %s, this can be a KO, even though the attack does not usually have much knockback. This is a quasi-Kirbycide that can be done without Kirby actually killing himself - that is, if you're cautious.

Up Throw --- Parasol---Drawing his cute little umbrella, Kirby pops the foe onto its hood, then spins it several times, the foe spinning on top of it. After this humiliating display, he suddenly jerks the umbrella towards the air, causing the foe to fly straight up in a set knockback.

Notes --- Aside from being exceptionally humiliating, this is a somewhat long throw, making it easy to interrupt in free-for-alls. With its set knockback and low damage - about 6% - it isn't among Kirby's most useful throws, although it does get them up into the air where you can proceed with a combo or stop foolish foes who try to attack from above with Needle.

Down Throw --- Animal --- Kirby, wearing animal ears and fur, drops his foe beneath him, lands on their chest, and proceeds to maul them repeatedly with his fierce little claws. Once he's done roughing them up, he hops off, allowing them to go flying a short way forward.

Notes --- This throw is very easy to follow up with something or other, because of the trajectory at which they are tossed off. It also has fine damage output - 10%. It's quite a useful toss, and rather like Parasol, is pretty humiliating and painful to the foe.

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash --- Bubble --- Kirby dons a bubble-capped hat and raises his wand suddenly. A single bubble blossoms out of it. Multiple copy abilities flash through it in a kind of roulette, until it finally stops on one. This Final Smash can be any one of a number of powers, but there's no way to control which one is selected, although some are more likely than others.

50% Chance --- UFO --- Uh oh! The selected bubble showed a UFO! Kirby takes his UFO form, gaining the ability to fly around without limit, and turn on a dime. He can fly somewhat like Yoshi's Final Smash, but with much more control over his movement, and several attack, including a Beam, a Laser, and a mechanical arm.

Notes --- While in UFO form, Kirby has several attacks.

Neutral Special --- Beam --- Kirby, in an attack similar to Doc's Forward Smash, causes an energy whip of fair size to slowly wave in a downwards arc in front of him. This beam does 10% and has terrific knockback, able to KO lightweights at 60% or so. You have to be fairly close, however, and it isn't the quickest of attacks. Rack up damage, corner them, and then go in for the kill with this.

Forward Special --- Laser --- In this very quick attack, Kirby FIREZ A LAZAH in a straight line in front of him. This thin red laser comes out extremely quick and moves extremely quick, and has okay knockback. It's actually possible to string blasts of this together like the blasts of the Ray Gun in current Smash games, pushing a foe right off the edge. Since the attack does 5% a blast, it's a decent way to string the foe to high percents and comes close enough to finish them off.

A --- Super Laser --- This attack takes a second as Kirby charges it up, but it causes a massive laser to go straight across the stage, plowing through foes and pulling them along, while dealing 10%. Good way to try and pull of a last-second KO, even if the move is slow and the laser moves slowly.

This is the Final Smash you'll be seeing most often, which is good, as it's quite dangerous in the hands of a master. However, bear in mind that UFO Kirby is no larger than regular Kirby, just shaped a bit differently. Also, you only get to remain in UFO mode for about 15 seconds, so use them wisely, and pick a single foe to finish off unless everyone's at exceptionally high %s.

20% --- Cook --- Kirby dons his chef's hat, and as a cauldron pops up before him, he clacks two pans together, calling all and sundry to the feast. As he does so, all enemies in any proximity are sucked directly into the pot, as are items nearby. After simmering them for a while, occasionally adding a bit of salt or pepper, they are forcibly ejected, and can be KO'ed at percentages above 100%. As an interesting side effect, several food items are spewed out of the pot as well, the quality of which depends on how many foes and items were cooked.

Notes --- This Final Smash remained more or less the same as it is in Brawl. As such, try to use it while the foe is near to ensure their capture, and preferably with some items also lying around for maximum effect. This one is fairly rare, but also one of Kirby's weaker ones, and easier to use.

15% --- Mike --- Whoa! Kirby starts glowing suddenly, even more brightly than with a fully charged Light! He now has three uses of the Mike ability. Each time you tap the B button again, Kirby will scream, first with a microphone, then with a megaphone, and finally with guitar for a rock-and-roll howl.

Notes --- Each time Kirby yells, nearby foes will be sent flying increasingly far distances - the third shout can KO foes at 60%. Each shout does no damage, though, and Kirby can be hit as long as he's not shouting - when he is, he has super armor, although foes would be advised to flee as long as Kirby has a shout in him. Foes have to be within a distance of a Bowser and a half to be affected by a shout.

After 15 seconds, Kirby loses his charge, his shouts wasted, if he hasn't used all three of them. Since they can be used very quickly, if you've cornered a foe, you may want to tap the B button in quick succession so as to chain the three hits and get the rock star's knockback.

12% --- Ghost --- Oooh, Kirby's a spooky one! Suddenly in a ghost-like form, garbed in a grey sheet, Kirby can float around free-style at a decent speed. At the tap of the B button, Kirby will rush forward about a body length, and if he collides with a foe, he will possess them, taking control of his body, and allowing him to run around as them for twenty full seconds, pounding on everyone else.

Notes --- Now, bear in mind that Kirby must actually catch the foe to possess them. If he can't catch them in fifteen seconds, the power is wasted. Also remember that he has only twenty seconds to wield them against other foes, during which time he floats just above and behind them, invincible. However, these drawbacks aside, he can in fact leap off of the edge to kill the foe. If he does this, he must KO himself as well. If the foe you're possessing is KO'ed, so are you, although it counts as your kill.

This is tough to use. In free-for-alls, it's fairly useful, as you can really beat up on everyone else while ensuring the death of at least one of your foes. In one-on-one, you can try delivering them into hazards, as you can't take damage yourself while they're possessed, but be careful not to KO them unless that is your intent.

3% --- Crash --- Kirby glows pure white! Upon finding this bubble, Kirby rears back and leaps, causing a gigantic shockwave of pure energy to radiate outwards, KO-ing all foes that are hit by it. Once the stage is engulfed in whiteness, it fades.

Notes --- This is a one-shot kill, always. There is no possible way to dodge it, except hoping that Kirby doesn't get it. It is, indeed, a long shot, so count yourself lucky when this one comes up.

~~~PLAYSTYLE~~~

So, how does this bold new Kirby play? Well, he's no longer the same slow, wall-of-pain-based character. Now, his moveset is best for stringing together vicious attacks that come out relatively quickly while dazzling the foe with their sheer variety.

Kirby does not have too much firepower. Therefore, his finishers are largely based on edgeguarding, which can be accomplished with Mirror Back Aerial or a sweet-spotted Jet Down Aerial. A well-aimed Hammer can also end their fun real quick, but that's even harder to pull off.

When it comes to dealing damage, Kirby is king. His Forward Aerial is key to this strategy, as it keeps foes out of reach while also zapping them, a deadly combination. When Kirby needs space to breathe, it's time to pull out Fire Neutral Aerial, putting them far enough away to proceed with the damage.

Kirby, as he does now, prefers aerial combat. His ground moves are relatively solid, in particular Tornado Down Smash and Fighter A combo, but his air moves are more well-rounded and varied, and are all effective with the possible exception of Cupid Up Aerial.

Now, when it comes to defense, Kirby is not so efficient. He's very light, you see, and his only tool against being launched away is his superb spacing. Once he's launched, he can use his superior recovery to save himself, but it's all to easy to KO him off the top. Play a careful game, and use Light to its fullest effect. Only then can Kirby be successful.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman

Why would it be embarrassing? Heartz is a beauty beast at Smash. I am only a bit better than her, but remember, male genetic advantage has no affect in video games. It is all mentality. Ok I sense a chauvinist argument coming up, forget I said this

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Gender means nothing. I get my a** handed to my by a local woman who mains Pikachu and Pikachu only. She is 25, so all age arguements are disregarded too.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Gender means nothing. I get my a** handed to my by a local woman who mains Pikachu and Pikachu only. She is 25, so all age arguements are disregarded too.
Exactly. The best video gamers are teens, statisticly, that is. But statistics mean nothing to ME! I is 20!!! Feel my old WRATH, Kids Next DOOR!!! Ok im done

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Heh, really nice Kirby moveset K.Rool.

I really like the idea of how each Kirby special represents one attack. Just add the extras and it shall be awesome.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Heh, really nice Kirby moveset K.Rool.

I really like the idea of how each Kirby special represents one attack. Just add the extras and it shall be awesome.
Thanks, I really poured a lot into this one. The extras will come, indeed, but I figure that many of them must stay the same as they are already, so I'm not in any huge rush to get them done.

Now, I REALLY want to know what SirKibble thinks, as he's the local Kirby fanatic...

EDIT: Just noticed Gryphon's comment. Thanks for that, I tried to put maximal detail without droning on and on about little factual differences. I talked about most move's applications quite a bit.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You are a lucky one indeed. :)

Nah. It's one of those things you come to be able to speak of unashamed after a while.

As do many. Though some of us don't need her to be a gamer.

50% Chance --- UFO --- Uh oh! The selected bubble showed a UFO! Kirby takes his UFO form, gaining the ability to fly around without limit, and turn on a dime. He can fly somewhat like Yoshi's Final Smash, but with much more control over his movement, and several attack, including a Beam, a Laser, and a mechanical arm.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
True, SirKibz. Sometimes, having a girl gamer is not too fun:

1. You are constantly pressured to play her in the same boring game just so she can try to beat you in it.
2. When she loses to you, she makes pitiful gender johns ( or what I call "janes").
3. She buys three old, lame games that equal the price of an epic one.
4. When she beats you, she brags to all your friends saying, "You got [insert genitalia slang here] Pwned".

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Precisely, Chris. But most of us have interests besides gaming that we can have in common with a female. . .right?

You speak truth, Gryphon. But there remain the advantages. Such is the trade-off. Worth it to some, not to others.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I have a gamer girlfriend, but I have two problems...

1. We live over 2,000 miles apart and don't have wi-fi yet, and see each other twice a year, if that

2. She is kind of a casual gamer, meaning all items on high OR options set to twice the normal knockback

We're still great friends tho

To keep this from being spam, Woody is being updated quite soon...

And nice Kirby moveset; that would make me a lot more interested in using him

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Precisely, Chris. But most of us have interests besides gaming that we can have in common with a female. . .right?

You speak truth, Gryphon. But there remain the advantages. Such is the trade-off. Worth it to some, not to others.
1. You make the awesome double team in Smash.
2. Every gamer dude worships you for FINDING a girl gamer.
3. People envy you, and asks you if they can fight you and her one by one, and you two beat them.
4. When you both win in a co-op game, she rewards you with a hug and kiss.
5. She doesn't get tired of watching you play drawn out games like RPGs.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
D: Sweet holy hell! That Kirby moveset deserves a pizza, a trophy, and a pizza trophy! TWO TROPHIES! You heard right!

And These are the movesets I intend to edit most heavily: at the very least I'll totally remodel Eru and Teigen. If I've time and/or motivation, Mightyena, the Nintendogs, and Froslass will get a revamp too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Lol... you should feel lucky on that one...

My friends don't take compromises.... its both items on high AND options set to twice the normal knockback....

They suck...
It can be both for us sometimes too, and most times items are just golden hammers or smash ballz

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Geez, what kind of casual gamers are you guys playing with? My friends and I are casual gamers, and we play with items on Low with normal knockback...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Geez, what kind of casual gamers are you guys playing with? My friends and I are casual gamers, and we play with items on Low with normal knockback...
*sigh* the Wii Fit & Wii Music type new gamer stereotype that shuts down us hardcore fans...

Although we don't play Smash that much

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ouch... That's like, casual to the max... I mean, I look competetive next to that!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks muchly for the compliments, all. Although I'd like a more in-depth reaction, I'd hate to interrupt the engaging and off-topic conversation that's currently raging through the thread. Not sarcasm.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
In-Depth Reaction to New Kirby Moveset

1) I absolutely love the use of a different power for every move! Insanely creative!

2) UFO is pwnage.

3) Exemplary use of Light. Never would've thought of using that as a move, and as a Special, too!

4) UFO > All

5) Way to use all the signature Fighter moves... Now my Knuckle Joe is going to seem unoriginal... :( (Not really, since I used them in different places)

6) I <3 UFO

7) Ghost Kirby and Crash Kirby in Final Smash = Awesome

8) But UFO is still the best.

9) U

10) F

11) O

There!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
@KingK.Rool: Kirby looks great. Whatever happened to you duplicating my layout though? Too much of a lack of color for that. In any case, you represnt all of Kirby's copy abilities quite well and give him a much more interesting moveset. I feel that having your extra leftover powers be throws though kind of random. . .All throws should be suplex/throw ability IMO. It's easy enough to change the extras, nobody's stopping you from giving him taunts/victory poses relating to his powers or giving him a new codec. It probably wouldn't happen, but what would in this thread? Only thing that's already well covered is SSE role, but you don't do those anyway.

@Sex discussions: Firstly...Gryphon needs to speel bettar if he expects me to believe he's 20.
Jk
CLosest thing I had to an interaction with a gaming female unit was cut short. Didn't get to see her again. A shame. Now I'm just waiting for colledge due to being home schooled through High School, thus seeing no girls.

Oh, and there are plenty of gamer girls on the internet. They're easy to find. . .It's just hard to fine one that's SANE (Which the few present here are.). You have no idea how many crazy chicks I've met over the internet. Warcraft 3 especially.

As far as Smash Girls outside Smashboards, there was this one girl at Gamefaqs called Devicho on the Brawl boards in the days of the dojo who worshipped Bowser Jr. and wanted him in. She was the only known female user, and everybody tried to suck up to her by supporting Bowser Jr (Although it helped I actually somewhat like the character), myself included. It was priceless.

Curse my having to do reviews! I'll never get to work on my moveset! Probably gonna have to catch up and do 3 reviews on Thursday. Not gonna be on at all tomorrow, and am rather busy today and not in the mood to a review anyway. I'll do some work on my own moveset today.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
In-Depth Reaction to New Kirby Moveset

1) I absolutely love the use of a different power for every move! Insanely creative!

2) UFO is pwnage.

3) Exemplary use of Light. Never would've thought of using that as a move, and as a Special, too!

4) UFO > All

5) Way to use all the signature Fighter moves... Now my Knuckle Joe is going to seem unoriginal... :( (Not really, since I used them in different places)

6) I <3 UFO

7) Ghost Kirby and Crash Kirby in Final Smash = Awesome

8) But UFO is still the best.

9) U

10) F

11) O

There!
1) That's the exact reason I made the set. I just wish that there were enough attacks for each power to be included - I left out Cutter, Sword, and many others, less prominent.

2) Yeah.

3) Very happy with how Light turned out.

4)Yeah.

5) Teehee... I'm sure you can do something good with him, though.

6) Yeah.

7) I tried to include all the most mighty powers in the Final Smash.

8-11) Yeah.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
1) That's the exact reason I made the set. I just wish that there were enough attacks for each power to be included - I left out Cutter, Sword, and many others, less prominent.
Well, if you really wanted to, you have three moves in the Standard Combo, all used up by Fighter. Although it would be a little strange to punch, then slash a sword, then throw a boomerang... But it would be cool and it would use more powers!!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Well, if you really wanted to, you have three moves in the Standard Combo, all used up by Fighter. Although it would be a little strange to punch, then slash a sword, then throw a boomerang... But it would be cool and it would use more powers!!
Hmmm... and you'd have more creative license with those Knuckle Joe attacks, eh? Now I know your plot! And knowing is half the battle! /Mendez

@KingK.Rool: Kirby looks great. Whatever happened to you duplicating my layout though? Too much of a lack of color for that. In any case, you represnt all of Kirby's copy abilities quite well and give him a much more interesting moveset. I feel that having your extra leftover powers be throws though kind of random. . .All throws should be suplex/throw ability IMO. It's easy enough to change the extras, nobody's stopping you from giving him taunts/victory poses relating to his powers or giving him a new codec. It probably wouldn't happen, but what would in this thread? Only thing that's already well covered is SSE role, but you don't do those anyway.
Actually, I said I'd be borrowing ideas from your layout. Which I did, except the influences from Mendez's layout sort of dominated everyone else's. What can I say, I like the attack/Notes layout.

As for the throws, I see what you're saying, but I found that doing it that way is somewhat boring, and far too similar to his current iteration.

I DO plan to change most of the extras up, but I just don't feel inclined to rush through that part. And no, I don't do SSE roles. I find that part a bit boring, to tell the truth. In fact, I usually find all the extras to be boring.

I think I'm going to put Jimmy on hiatus until MYM 4. I plan to spew out just one more moveset before Halloween, and I want it to be a real doozy. I've got a couple of ideas... but I don't want to spoil anything yet.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman

@Sex discussions: Firstly...Gryphon needs to speel bettar if he expects me to believe he's 20.
Jk
CLosest thing I had to an interaction with a gaming female unit was cut short. Didn't get to see her again. A shame. Now I'm just waiting for colledge due to being home schooled through High School, thus seeing no girls.

Oh, and there are plenty of gamer girls on the internet. They're easy to find. . .It's just hard to fine one that's SANE (Which the few present here are.). You have no idea how many crazy chicks I've met over the internet. Warcraft 3 especially.

As far as Smash Girls outside Smashboards, there was this one girl at Gamefaqs called Devicho on the Brawl boards in the days of the dojo who worshipped Bowser Jr. and wanted him in. She was the only known female user, and everybody tried to suck up to her by supporting Bowser Jr (Although it helped I actually somewhat like the character), myself included. It was priceless.

Curse my having to do reviews! I'll never get to work on my moveset! Probably gonna have to catch up and do 3 reviews on Thursday. Not gonna be on at all tomorrow, and am rather busy today and not in the mood to a review anyway. I'll do some work on my own moveset today.
I has excellent spelling. My grammar just sucks hardly bad.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Before Halloween, I plan to finish only the basics for Woody and Cranky, so as to not use up so much time in my hectic life, and to get that part done. In the extra months until the final judgment, I will add extras to / edit my to-be 15 characters... wow, that's a lot!

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Excellent Kirby moveset, King K. Rool! The moveset is so interesting and unique that it completely blocks out Kirby's current moveset from my mind. I can't even begin to comprehend all of the different forms and attacks, and each one has a different effect and corresponds to the move type. The pictures have really helped with visualizing the moves, as I have only played and owned Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

I'll be planning to do Goombella next, another character from the Paper Mario series.

Here are the Specials I've currently thought about using for Goombella :
Tattle
Headbonk
Rally Wink
Light Beam (Pith Helmet)

I've already added descriptions for most of the specials, and hopefully her attacks will be finished by the end of the day, though I doubt that I'll get even half of it done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom