• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
....didn't like the DBZ show?

*world ends*
Jk of course.

And they guy with the sword happens to be Trunks.

And potentially my next moveset for 4.0 :bee:

EDIT: Umm...i go by regular A attacks, then the smashes, then the B moves, and then th rest in random order.

there are exceptions (like Sagi for example where his B moves come first.)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
....didn't like the DBZ show?

*world ends*
Jk of course.

And they guy with the sword happens to be Trunks.

And potentially my next moveset for 4.0 :bee:
Never said I hated the show.... I'm just not a fan.... To much powerful enemy appears, noone can defeat him, learn a new technique, defeat them, someone died..... we gots to find the Dragon Ballz!!!

I'll see if I can find a role for Tien in my SSE... I'm not making any promises, but I'll try to come up with something good.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I usually go in order... Stats, standards and tilts, smashes, aerials, grabs, special, final smash, extras...

Oh and by the way nice Tien PKskyler!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I find the specials, smash attacks and final smash have the most potential over the other moves to show creativity. As far as moves go, ignoring the extras, I'll do those first, generally, unless I get a really good idea for another move. Getting those moves done, which I consider most important, helps me understand what other moves would complement the main moves better. I do skip around between the extras and the main moveset a lot though. . .I oftentimes go do a part of one of my many extras because they require less effort and are more fun to do.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I find that I put more creativity into things like the Tilts and Smashes if I haven't done the Specials yet. Plus sometimes, I use something pretty creative, so then I feel like I've got to step it up even more on the Specials.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Never said I hated the show.... I'm just not a fan.... To much powerful enemy appears, noone can defeat him, learn a new technique, defeat them, someone died..... we gots to find the Dragon Ballz!!!
Well...i'll admit the show has that problem sometimes, but i watch the show cause of the awesome fight scenes. No one watches DBZ for the story silly.:bee:

I'll also try my best to incorparate Tien in MY SSE.

And i am seriously going to do Trunks now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I always start off with the stats and the Specials. Then standard attacks, Smashes, Aerials, Throws, Final Smash, extras. I find that lets me put the character together more easily, piece by piece, step by step.

Agi

Smash Lord
I do:

General Info
Stats
Standard Combo
Dash(it seems to warrant a category of its own.)
Tilts
Smashes
Aerials
Specials
Grabs/throws
Specials
Final Smash
Extras

That's the way I do it on my most recent ones, anyway. Looking back at LOLcat and Clipit, I don't know WHAT I was thinking.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I get a bit tactical with my moveset chronology. I put Specials after everything except throws, codec convos, and taunts. Reason is that most people would read the Specials then be done. Specials are the key to a moveset. Saving the best for last is a good idea, imo.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I always do Alt Costumes and Kirby Hats first, as those are the ones I have the most fun doing. In terms of moves, I do Specials, then tilts, smashes, aerials, and throws. Then comes the taunts and what-not.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I always do the entire moveset at once. I sit down at the keyboard, and in less than an instant, the entire thing is just there.

The sheer, pure brilliance of my intent is immediately understood by Windows, and it just makes it for me.

...:bee:

Agi

Smash Lord
The sheer, pure brilliance of my intent is immediately understood by Windows, and it just makes it for me.
Remember the complaint generator? Someone, if this thing gets big enough, will likely make a
moveset generator.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I don't think I'm gonna brag about how long my attacks are any more, I just made the next attack after the 29 line attack and this one is 35 lines, it is possable that this may increase and I may just figure it as spamming, but yeah..... 35 lines and I'm not even doing this crap on porpouse..... maybe its because everyone critisized me for my lack of detail?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, when we're all already talking about the details in a moveset, I think that the Kovomaka Students, especially Chai, are my most detailed moveset.
Chai's Specials all have huge walls of text, especially Minty Freshness with 10 lines of text (whoa, lol).

Compared to MasterWarlord's or ChiefMendez' movesets, mine though have not that big descriptions and I think that, although my movesets would've been kickass in MYM2, I won't get any moveset into a winning position.
Practically all of them, except Shadow (I don't count Eggman since he was done together with KoJ), are pretty obscure characters.

I fear that my best moveset - the Kovomaka Students - as they already drowned so much in the way of this contest, won't get any mention at all.

I don't count to win anything and have no real hopes on it in MYM 3.0, but I hope, though, that in MYM 4.0, I will achieve something. We'll see.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
hey all, I think my longest detailed move was Tails Energy ball (I think it was about 24 lines in word)... but all you people made me change to a Spin-dash, but I think my most detailed move now is Tails Magic Hook (about 12 lines in smashboards, about 18 lines in Word), and Metal Knuckles Blizzard shot (took about 20 lines in word, 15 in smashboards)

and I do my movesets in the order they appear, I first do the backstory, then the stats, and then the specials etc. oh and I think my current best moveset is my Tails movesets, but when Metal Knuckles finished, I fear it will take Miles place!
(I do hope that Tails will get a place in the top 50, hopefully higher than the place my warioland wario placement took (which was 13/50)

Edit: I just looked at your review on Tails, Chief, 30/40 is great! I Lol'd at myself for the notice of terrible Grammer, I did everything on word, but I remember writing other instead of Over! Lol, silly me!:laugh:

Edit: i forgot the second m in remember

Akiak

Smash Ace
I took your tips and redid my Shy Guy moveset

SHY GUY

Shy Guy is a common enemy from the Mario series. His most important appearance was in the Yoshi games where he was the main enemy that Yoshi could swallow to get an egg the color of the Shy Guy. As his name suggests, he is shy but his celebrations in the sports game say the opposite. The reason for him being shy is for what he has under his mask which is unknown. Some say theres a brain, some say theres Bill Cosby. We'll never know...

Size: 7/10 - Slightly taller than Mario
Power: 7/10
Weight: 5/10
Walking Speed: 4/10
Dash speed: 6/10
Fall Speed: 6/10
1st Jump: 9/10
2nd Jump: 2/10
Traction: 1/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: Yes
Glide: No

Standard Combo
A: Slap-Slaps foe with his right hand-1%-Very low range

AA: Kick-Kicks vertically with his left foot-2%-Low range

AAA: Spear Poke-Quickly pokes the foe with his spear making the foe flinch slightly-4%-Good Range

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc. : Spin Slap- By holding A after the second, He starts spinning fast slapping foes. Similair to Falco's-1% each slap.

Dash Attack: Headbutts forward spinning rapidly-4%-Excellent Range-Big hitbox

Tilts
Forward: Trident Stab-Pulls out a trident and stabs the foe fiercely making him flinch-7%-Good Range-0 Knockback

Up: Woozy Guy-Jumps and frontflips in the air hurting whoever touches him-5%-Medium Knockback-Low Range but Big hitbox

Down: Belly Flop-Jumps slightly and belly flops the ground-4%-Low Range but big hitbox-Good knockback

Aerials

Neutral: Spin slap-Spins for a bit slapping foes in range-2% each-Medium Range-0 Knockback

Forward: Spin Slash-Spins once with his trident and slashes it-7%-Great Knockback

Up: Flip-Flips slowly horrizontally with his hands and feet extended. Has great hitbox-8% Low Knockback

Down: Bomb Drop-Drops a Bob-ombThat explodes on contact-7%-Good Knockback

Back: Groove Guy-Turns and does a disco move-9%-Low Knockback

Smashes

Forward: Tennis Racket-Swings his tennis racket that sends the foe forward although the foe flies slightly up-7%-Excellent Knockback

Up: Tornado-Spins flying slightly up making a tornado around him him for multiple hits. Stretches at the end for some decent knockback-1% each + 5% at the end-Decent knockaback

Down: Explosion-Throws a Bob-omb on the floor-13%-Great Knockback

Specials

Neutral Special: Spear Throw
Throws his spear forward that starts falling slightly after a bit. Can be charged. The spear keeps going after a bit and takes the foe with it for a bit. Also has slight electricity effect-15%-Low Knockback-

Side Special: Bullet Bill Blast
Jumps on a bullet bill and Flies forward gaining speed quickly. Causes a big explosion on contact that doesnt hurt Shy Guy but makes him flinch for a bit-18%-Great Knockback-Excellent Range

Up Special: Fly Guy
Grows a propeller on his head and it works kinda like ROB's boosters but they accelerate less.

Down Special: Mace Guy
Starts swinging a giant spiked ball around and around. But to keep it spinning, you must keep pressing B. This move is pretty hard to land though. The spiked ball keeps going faster and the faster it goes the stronger it is-10% to 40%-Good Knockback-Excellent Range (takes up over half of battlefield main platform)

FINAL SMASH: General Guy
Beomes General Guy and jumps into his tank. While in his tank he can Do 2 attacks: Bomb Throw where he simply throws bombs at his foe or Lightning Blast where the big lightbulb on his tank shoots a bolt of lightning.

Grabs

Grab attack: Head Whack-Whacks the foe with his head-4%
U-Grab-Rocket Guy Blast-Blasts up with his rocket and then shoots down exploding at the end-10%-Good Knockback
F-Grab-Bullet Bill-Throws the foe forward and then a bullet bill right after. The Bullet Bill pushes the foe taking the foe with it for a bit until it explodes-8%-Good Knockback
D-Grab-Thunder Shot-Summons a thunder bolt with his spear that hits the foe sending him diagonally up-6%-Excellent knockback
B-grab-Bomb Throw-Throws the foe behind him and throws a bomb at him-8%-Good Knockback

Taunts
Up Taunt: Jumps and waves in the air
Side Taunt: Pulls his chest up and crosses his arms
Down taunt: Trips and his mask falls off at the very moment before hitting the ground with his face. He then searches his mask without taking his face off the ground and slips his mask under his face before getting up.

Entrance
Flies to the stage on a Bullet Bill and explodes on touching the ground.

Victory Poses
1. Juggles Bombs and then they explode
2. Flies from 1 side of the stage to the other on A bullet Bill
3. Does a Tribal Dance with his spear

Alt Colors
Red-Yellow-Green-Magenta-Blue-Light Blue

Kirby Hat
Kirby with the Shy Guy mask on.

Codec Conversation
Snake: Who is that guy wearing a mask?
Mei Ling: Its called a Shy Guy. It is unknown whats behind the mask. Sometimes the mask has falled off, but whoever saw whats behind has remained astonished.
Snake: But what does it use to fight?
Mei Ling: All kinds of strange contraptions. Spears, missiles, bombs.
Snake: Those look like normal weapons to me.
Mei Ling: But its the way he uses them. He actually rides on his big bullet.
Snake: Sounds fun. Could I learn how to ride bullets?
Mei Ling: Sure. You just try...

Playstyle
Although he has a gigantic 1st jump, it is not used for staying in the air but mostly for dodging and moving. He is mostly skilled on the ground where he uses various contraptions and unique moves. He spends more time doing strange moves than moving.
Also, his 2nd jump is very weak so instead of his second jump, to get higher, he uses Fly Guy. So he can reach pretty high places, but not for staying in the air

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Eeshh.....i took some of Mendez's tips, and changed some of the colors for Sagi.

Did i accidently made it worse? Plz checkz it out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There are two ways to make a moveset: by what a character can do, or what the character can do originally

The first option is what appears in Brawl; not what the character can do to make them stand out, but what they can basically do with their body. Mario, for example, could of course, do his spin kick thing like he does now, but why not make him original and give him something that he one: actually does, and two: is unique. Something like a Ground Pound from the 3-D Mario games.

And I, myself, do not think I will win the contest, although I definitely think some of my movesets (specifically Andy's Toys) will place in the Top 50.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Me, before making movesets, i read an entire article about it and what it can do. Since my 2 movesets (in my sig) are both mario, i get that info from Super mario wiki.
Very helpful.

btw can someone review my moveset a few posts up?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Shy Guy's not bad. I liked how you implemented all of his different forms. However, I think there should be other colors other than white in order to make it easier to read.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I agree with Hyper Ridley; the organization is the thing that needs to be fixed up the most. Add colour, add bolding and underlines, and it'll be much better.

What does everyone think about my sig? I think this is a fantastic way to present my movesets, which is why I added it, but hey, what does everyone else think?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You sig is win. I am quite jealous.

Maybe I can pull off something similar for MYM 4.0, I don't really feel like bothering for this one... Plus I'm beginning to like my entries less and less as I notice how much lack of detail there is... :/

Meh, I disappoint myself. MYM 4.0 = Redemption.

Agi

Smash Lord
Looks excellent! I've seen that around somewhere before.

I didn't even know that Powers Kirby was done >.<
Now that I've seen it, I sense a top 25 (at least, prob higher) moveset!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
I present...

BOO

Unlock message
Boo the ghost has appeared on the scene!

Description
Boo is a common enemy Mario confronts. The sneaky ghost will advance on Mario when he’s not looking and become transparent when he is. His weaknesses vary from previous games but a main one is light.

Playstyle
Boo is marked by his unique special moves. His stats aren’t particularly good except for his small size and versatile recovery thanks to his free-hovering double jump and ungimpable Up or (charged) Side Special. His ghostly abilities serve to confuse the opponent and can make him hard to hit, making up for his low weight. As for combos he doesn't really have many but he can follow up his double A hits with Dtilt-lock or pretty much any other fast hit. His ftilt helps spacing and his smashes are useful in different ways. He has a particularly strong aerial game supported by his double jump aiding accuracy by small positional corrections which makes him good at gimping. His Fthrow has KO potential while his Uthrow can be followed up well with an aerial. The best strategy with Boo is to try and be unpredictable teleporting around and ganging up on the opponent with duplicates before they’re killed. Also the Spook then Side Special combo into enemy works well at medium percentages. You can actually use his Disappear move to go through the stage from underneath avoiding edgeguarders.
So if you like being tricky you'll like Boo. ;)

Stats
Size: 2/5
Weight: 1/5
Power: 2.5/5
Speed: 2.5/5
Range: 2/5
Jump: 4/5
Small, very light, and falls slow…similar to Jigglypuff

Abilities
His second jump is like Peach’s but he can move in all directions so he can like freely hover around for a limited time.

Animations
Basic Pose: Hovers slightly off the ground.
Crouch: Drops to ground
Idle: Hides face or tongue swings around.
Walking: Hovers forward slowly with little up-and-down, side-to-side motion.
Running: Hovers forward fast facing more downwards with wavy motion.
Jump: Arms go down and he ascends lightly.
Double Jump: Free hover.

Taunts
Up: He faces the screen and does a backward looping flip laughing after.
Down: He does the wave with a couple Boo duplicates on either side of him.
Side: He disappears and reappears on the spot randomly bigger, smaller, or normal size saying “Boohoohoohoo.”

Attacks
A: Boo punches twice with both of his hands. (Damage: 3% each/Knockback: Very low/Speed: Fast/Range: Short)
Dash: Boo swings his right hand down over his body sideways sending enemy mostly upwards. (Damage: 12%/Knockback: Mid-High/Speed: Mid/Range: Mid)
Ftilt: Boo swings his tongue forward sideways. A good strong tilt (Damage: 10%/Knockback: Mid/Speed: Mid/Range: Mid-Long)
Utilt: Boo whips his tail up. (Damage: 8%/Knockback: Mid/Speed: Mid-Fast/Range: Mid-Short)
Dtilt: Boo jabs downwards with both hands together. Can be used in rapid succession. (Damage: 2%/Knockback: Very low/Speed: Fast/Range: Short)
Fsmash: Boo rears back hiding face then smashes forward with whole body. Has his best knockback. (Damage: 16%/Knockback: Very High/Speed: Mid-Slow/Range: Long)
Usmash: Boo flips forward quickly with tail setting up for second hit with his whole body shooting upwards a little. (Damage: 4% for tail, 14% for body/Knockback: Very low, High/Speed: Mid-Fast/Range: Mid-Short, Long)
Dsmash: Boo spins creating smoke that sucks in enemies for multiple hits. (Damage: 15% max/Knockback: Mid-High/Speed: Mid-Fast/Range: Mid)

Aerials
Nair: Boo flips forward in place a few times hitting successively. (Damage: 9% max/Knockback: Low/Speed: Fast/Range: Mid-Short)
Fair: Boo swings his tongue forward and downwards that semi-spikes. (Damage: 12%/Knockback: Mid/Speed: Mid-Slow/Range: Mid-Long)
Bair: Boo swings his tongue backward sideways quickly. (Damage: 10%/Knockback: Mid-High/Speed: Fast/Range: Mid)
Uair: Boo flips his tail up strongly. (Damage: 11%/Knockback: High/Speed: Mid/Range: Mid)
Dair: Boo bites twice facing downards and stopping vertical momentum. (Damage: 10% total/Knockback: Mid-Low/Speed: Mid-Fast/Range: Mid)

Grabs/Throws
Grab: Boo reaches out with hand. Short range.
Grab Attack: Boo licks with his tongue for 3% damage.
Fthrow: Boo shoots his tongue forward like a spring strongly. (Damage: 10%/Knockback: High)
Bthrow: Boo swings opponent around a few times and throws backward. (Damage: 8%/Knockback: Mid)
Uthrow: Boo releases opponent as rising smoke damages and carries them up. (Damage: 9%/Knockback: Low)
Dthrow: Boo disappears with opponent’s damage rising quickly and reappears sending them upwards. (Damage: 10%/Knockback: Mid-Low)

Specials
Neutral: Spook
Boo hides his face shortly and then flashes the opponent a menacing look as he appears to grow for a sec. Will randomly either trip, stun, or push back adding a flower within a couple lengths of himself. There are tendencies based on the opponent’s damage but generally most often stuns briefly, secondly pushes with flower, and least likely trips. When used in air the opponent goes into helpless state for a sec. Also does 5% damage.
Side: Disappear
Boo disappears into a partially transparent state in which he can freely hover around going through walls or trying to reappear inside the opponent by pressing A or B again which will do 15% damage with great knockback. It lasts up to 3 seconds but can not be used repeatedly because it takes time to recharge. If uncharged the move will fail to start. Also if he reappears within a solid object he automatically teleports to where he first entered it stunned. It is a little slow at startup and after reappearance. He will also go into helpless state afterwards if in air. It can also be used defensively to avoid a hit or to reflect a projectile on reappearance.
Up: Teleport
Boo teleports quickly in any direction an average distance. It does no damage.
Down: Multiply
Boo creates a low level CPU controlled copy of himself that can only take one hit before disappearing. Boo can only create 2 copies at max and the move has punishable lag.

Final Smash
King Boo
Boo puts on a crown and grows to a large proportion smaller than Giga Bowser, and he can freely hover around the stage at an average speed. He can just float around normally hitting foes with semi-strong hits of 10% damage or use two special abilities. Hold A to become partially transparent like Side Special so he can go through walls and if he reappears with an enemy inside him they get instant max 15-30% damage depending on how far inside they are with very high knockback. Or press B to do like a Mega Spook that stuns enemies within a couple lengths in front of himself doing 5% damage so he can disappear and reappear within them easily.

Costumes
White(default as pictured)
Pink (like from Mario Sunshine, for red team)
Light Blue (for blue team)
Orange
Light Green (for green team)
Black and yellow (like Bomb Boo)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i think this would make an interesting character i just wonder about balance because his special moves, especially Disappear and Multiply, are different and seem like they could be almost too good which is why i made them laggy. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You sig is win. I am quite jealous.

Maybe I can pull off something similar for MYM 4.0, I don't really feel like bothering for this one... Plus I'm beginning to like my entries less and less as I notice how much lack of detail there is... :/

Meh, I disappoint myself. MYM 4.0 = Redemption.
Will it make you feel better if I say that I thought Waddle Doo was great? I think the originality of the beam usage made up for any lack of detail.

Edit: @Boo: Special Moves were great, but I think the non-special moves could use some work as far as detail is concerned. At the least the moves should say the knockback, and it wold be even better if the priority and range was listed as well (though the last two can be excused if it's obvious that a move has x range or is disjointed).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hyper_Ridley : Yes, I did.

SirKibble : Jealous??? Mission accomplished! But seriously, I think your entries are just fine. And some are more than fine *coughKnuckleJoecough*

Agidius : You probably have seen them, they were all the rage back when people wanted to show in their sigs what characters they supported for Brawl. I just whipped up some just now for the characters I've made. And thanks very much for the compliment, I went all out on that one.

EDIT: Just forgot to mention, I've been updating Pidgeot. Or more like completely remaking it. I'm up to the Specials, anyone wanna take a look? Click on the pretty birdie... you know you want to!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
SirKibble : Jealous??? Mission accomplished! But seriously, I think your entries are just fine. And some are more than fine *coughKnuckleJoecough*
Sure, they're fine, but that's about it. Too many others blow them away. That's why I'm stepping it up for the next contest. :)

Just wait till I (finish and) unveil that masterpiece! Joe's only the tip of the iceberg!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Sure, they're fine, but that's about it. Too many others blow them away. That's why I'm stepping it up for the next contest. :)

Just wait till I (finish and) unveil that masterpiece! Joe's only the tip of the iceberg!
Well, I did say that some were MORE than fine.

Ahhh, the anticipation is killing me...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
By the end of the day, it looks like my Review Queue will be completely empty. Just sayin'. :p

@KingK.Rool: I've seen stamps like those in your sig everywhere. Is there a specific way of making them, like a font package I could download or something, or is all that done freehand?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I agree with Hyper_ridley on Boo. I really like his specials, but i think he could use a bit more detail. Other than that, good job.

Also on Pidgeot, i think u iz doing a good job so far on reworking him. It good to see ur adding more and improving whats already good.

Also i'm trying to rework Sagi. I think i improved his colors. Can anyonez checkz it out?

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Review queue

Requesting Pom Pom for the review queue next if possible. It's pretty much my biggest entry.

I've started work on Calill now, and I've got a pretty good idea of her playstyle. Took me like twelve minutes just to come up with her A combo, so I'm thinking my MYM 4 run will be more successful.

test said:
*note* This post was also a test run to preview my format and tell actual length from notepad. Just saying.

Calill, Crimea's mistress of flame, joins the Brawl!

(Image)

Calill, a vain yet talented sage from Fire Emblem, uses a combination of short-range melee swipes and fiery enchantment to rack up tons of damage on the opponent. Despite having a wealth of unpredictable kill moves, her heavy-like movement speed and jump height combined with a relatively low weight makes it almost impossible to approach opponents. Calill needs to rely on baiting the opponent into her mid-range comfort zone to effectively KO. Her Down-B move, Sigil, is perfect for that purpose, forcing the opponent to move exactly to where they don't want to be. Her tilts are all for setting up her smashes and her side special can be used to replace aerials in the event that their range and versatility don't serve their purpose. Unfortunately she has no effective way to deal with camping, as her firey hitboxes have no priority, and energy projectiles are completely unstoppable. As such, Calill is bound to have a wealth of good and bad matchups, and will take plenty of skill to beat both overly aggressive characters such as Metaknight or campy characters like Lucas. Due to the nature of many of her hitboxes, she'll be trading hits a lot.

Pros and Cons:
+ Plenty of good kill moves
+ Easy to rack damage
+ Very effective at her range
+ Great attack speed
= Fairly fast faller
- Lightweight
- Slo-o-ow
- Very small jumps and a predictable recovery
- Nearly nonexistant priority

Standard A

A: Uppercut- Calill does a quick uppercut in front of her, knife in hand, turning her back/front to the screen slightly in the process with a smug expression on her face. This doesn't rise higher than her head and has very little range. It can stop non-explosive physical projectiles like the (Toon) Link arrows and boomerangs. It has great speed and phenomenal priority- unlike her magic moves, her knife attacks are purely physical (from a technical standpoint- most fire attacks don't get absorbed by the bucket or the Mother boys Magnets) and as such can clank with plenty of moves- due to range it rarely means a hit. 3% and no knockback, chaining into AA.

AA: Knife Sheath- Calill brings the knife back down in a slashing motion in front of her, pulling it back towards her when it is level with her waist, where it disappears under her cloak. This move, again, has high priority, but this time with more range. 2% and minimal sliding knockback, enough to prevent being counter-grabbed.

AAA: Sucker Stab- Calill lowers herself and lunges forward in one nearly instantaneous motion. The lag after AA when she pulls the knife in leaves a window open for some long grabs or a very fast roll or jump, but normally the attack goes right into the enemy, eating through sheilds and staying out for a bit, dealing med-high knockback that can KO at around 120%. 7% and great priority again, with a tiny, rather low hitbox.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Requesting Pom Pom for the review queue next if possible. It's pretty much my biggest entry.
That's fine, but could you post a comment asking for the review here, along with a link to the moveset?

Also...y'know guys, long movesets =/= good movesets. Some of my favorite works in this contest so far are the shorter, more elegant ones. Similarly, some of my least favorite ones are the ones with metric tons of writing on every move, and a billion extras tagged onto the end.

There's much more to this than just making sure readers know how a move works, you know...:urg:

I'm not looking forward to MYM 4 if it's going to be filled with 'Warlord or Junahu-length movesets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom