• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
mine was a rough draft with limited time. The full one will come with animations, images, full move info, adv matchups and bad matchups
All that's secondary for me. What I really want to know is this:

WILL SORA ACTUALLY FIGHT WITH A KEYBLADE? WILL HIS FS NOT BE TOTALLY BROKEN? WILL HE HAVE A RECOVERY!?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I updated my Delibird
(barely, as there's only a Mechanic and a Special (,) Present)

Can Someone comment on the work so far?
It is automatically the best thing ever in existance because you included present.

Delibird is such a kick *** pokemon. You are my hero.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe lowering the blue/red exploding ball rate just a tad and throw in the chance of it healing the enemy, or healing in some manner, in order to stay true to the game. However I love it either way. And good job with the items potentially appearing. :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I updated my Delibird
(barely, as there's only a Mechanic and a Special (,) Present)

Can Someone comment on the work so far?
Quick note: Plusle & Minun got a 34/40 when I looked at them again, so you might want to update your signature in the near future. ;)

Anyway, Delibird.

That mechanic sounds broken. :ohwell:

Like...really broken. Broken with a capital "B". If it can just catch a foe and throw them like an item...then can't he just toss them off the stage? :confused:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
mine was a rough draft with limited time. The full one will come with animations, images, full move info, adv matchups and bad matchups
Just make sure you do the necessary touch-up on what's already there before you move on to all the superfluities.

All that's secondary for me. What I really want to know is this:

WILL SORA ACTUALLY FIGHT WITH A KEYBLADE? WILL HIS FS NOT BE TOTALLY BROKEN? WILL HE HAVE A RECOVERY!?
He can't must recover!!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Posting now to prevent future spam--are requests for reviews done by PM?

edit:

@kitsuneko345: AAAAH, I see--oops! I usta skipped over that part, but anyways now the mvoeset is perfect. And in my opinion needs no other fine-tuning, due to present being included. Go Delibird.

But really, I think Delibird has real potential, and I think you can turn this into a great moveset.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
@Kit: So basically if you're doing a 1 on 1 match with delibird and he gets you in the bag...that's it? He can just stand there and stall the match. Most of the time you won't really be fighting, just trying to get out of the bag...:ohwell:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think The Sundance Kid pretty much summed up my opinion on that mechanic....

A better mechanic would be:

Gift-

Whenever someone attacks Delibird there is a random (like 1%) chance of a random item being dropped from Delibird's bag. These items can be regulated (or even shut off altogether) with the Item Switch.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I never typed that the person that's in the bag will automatically be stuck there so easily. It's possible to get out easily, really. I just added the options to escape out of the bag if you wanted to and to stay inside the bag in the ideals of, lets say, a 2 vs. 2 match idea. Isn't that so simple to understand, Sundance?

Also, for Chris: KITS DON'T LIKE SIMPLE MECHANICS (there's a slim chance of considering that if Delibird becomes too hard to control, through)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I never typed that the person that's in the bag will automatically be stuck there so easily. It's possible to get out easily, really. I just added the options to escape out of the bag if you wanted to and to stay inside the bag in the ideals of, lets say, a 2 vs. 2 match idea. Isn't that so simple to understand, Sundance?
It still sounds kind of broken (and not really fitting to Delibird).

Gift>That

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"The only way to escape if you're doing this is letting Delibird get hit hard enough.".

...Maybe I'm not getting something. Maybe your writing's misleading me. ...But that sounds like broken to me. Also, while Present would be hard to spam against heavy fighters, if Delibird uses it on a lighter character like Lucas or G&W, all he'd have to do is fall off the stage then throw them underneath it to KO them. A full second is enough time for the character to be chucked pretty far off stage before being able to recover...

But maybe that'll all become fine once we actually see how Delibird gets his foes into the bag.

tarman727

Smash Apprentice
CHARACTER: SORA

Size: 6/10
Power: 6/10
Weight: 5/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Dash speed: 8/10
Fall Speed: 5/10
Jumping: 7/10
Traction: 5/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: Yes
Crawl: No
Glide: Yes
Tether: Yes

Standard Combo
A: Fast punch(Fast)-3%[low knock back]. This punch is pretty much useless alone yet can get a quick blow before running away.
AA: Double punch(Med)-2% each[low knock back]. The double punch is pretty much useless alone yet can get a quick blow and interrupt an opponents move.
AAA: Double punch into an uppercut(Slow)-2% each dp, 5% uppercut[med high knock back]. This move is decent due to the medium damage. It has good priority and punches are fast(Frame 1, 5, and 11).

Tilts
Forward: Face blow(Med)-2%-11%[high knock back]-Med Priority.
Up: Uppercut(Med)-4%-12%[med knock back]-High Priority.
Down: Slide kick(Med-Fast)-2%-8%[low knock back]-Low Priority.

Aerials
Neutral: Circular keyblade swing(Low)-10%[low knock back]-Low Priority.
Forward: Keyblade combo(Med)-5% each strike(Max of 4)[med knock back]-Med Priority.
Up: Stretched arm punch upwards(Med-Fast)-5%[low-med knock back]-Med Priority
Down: Attacks downwards with legs multiple times(Med)-2%-4% each kick[no knock back]-High Priority.
Back: Spins arm around(Low)-2%-6%[med knock back]-Low-Med Priority.

Smashes
Up: Keyblade strike up(Med)-13%[high knock back]-Med Priority.
Forward: Keyblade strike forward(Med)-10%[high knock back]-Med Priority.
Down: Keyblade under strike(Med)-17%-20%[high knock back]-Med Priority.

Specials
Neutral Special: Keyblade elemental attack[(Fire-bolt comes out and burns enemy 2 damage per 1.5 seconds 3 seconds)(Ice-bolt that comes out and slows enemy 1 damage per 2 seconds 4 seconds and 2% chance to freeze)(Lightning-bolt that comes out and makes enemy lose priority on every move for 2 seconds and 2% chance to stun).
Side Special: Keyblade forward stride like Ike's(Fast)-6%-17%[med-high knock back]-High Priority.
Up Special: Marths Uspecial that tethers.(Med)-3%-14%[med knock back]-High Priority.
Down Special: Switches keyblade element(Fast)-0%[no knock back]-No Priority
Specials.(Ground only and can only be used while not moving).

Grab(Long range):
Grabs the opponent with blade
Grab attack: Flings enemy in direction(Forward and backwards a bit downward, up and down upward)-3% damage and kills at 140%

FINAL SMASH: Keyblade slash
Knocks enemy up in air, slashes him with every element blade, and knocks him down to die(kills at 65%)[Keyblade range].

STANCES:
Standard Pose: Sora holsters his sword in front of him with both hands.
Run Pose: Sora runs forward with his hands behind his back and holding his sword back.
Ground Dodge: Sora sidesteps with dust sweeping on the ground.
Aerial Dodge: Sora flips backwards.
Forward Roll: Sora runs forward holding his sword into the ground with both hands.
Backwards Roll: Sora does flips multiple times backwards.

DAZED MODES:
Shield: Sora holds his sword sideways and holds the blade with 1 hand.
Sleep: Sora's head falls down slouching and he snores.
Dizzy: Sora's cheeks turn red and he spins around a bit.

OTHER:
Symbol-Keyblade symbol

Stage-Final Destination

MUSIC:
Dearly Beloved
Hikari
Dive into the Heart
Destiny Islands
Treasured Memories
Blast Away
Destati
A Very Small Wish
Villains of a Sort

WIIMOTE SOUND:
Sora says "lets do this".

KIRBY HAT:
Kirby gets a keyblade and wears a Micky Mouse mask.

COSTUMES:
Default - The normal outfit.
Angelic- White and Yellow outfit with a halo on top of him.
Demonic- Black and Red outfit with devil horns on top of him.

UNLOCKING:
Defeat Yoshi in the SSE, play 50 matches with Ike and Marth, or beat classic mode on hard.

TAUNTS:
Up: spins his keyblade on his finger.
Down: sticks his keyblade into the ground and prays on it.
Side: slashes his keyblade to the left, then to the right, then across.

WIN POSES:
Win Pose 1: spins his keyblade above him.
Win Pose 2: chuckles and smiles while giving a peace sign
Win Pose 3: rubs his nose, blushes, and chuckles.

VICTORY THEME:
Final Fantasy Victory Theme.

LOSS POSE:
Sora falls to the ground and cries.

SUBSPACE EMISSARY :
Is with Yoshi who is feeling hungry. Yoshi quickly eats him and spits him out as an egg on the side of the rode and runs away. Sora wakes up to Ike and Marth standing above him cracking the egg open. They explain the story and turn the duo into a trio.

SNAKE CODEC:
Snake: oh great another "anime game".
Otacon: huh?
Snake: some guy from kingdom hearts joined in.
Otacon: he uses keys to fight.
Snake: so it's useless against me right?
Otacon: did i mention that the keys were the size of a sword and had magical abilities?
Snake: well that's pretty big.....
Otacon: he also is strong and fast.....
Snake: still, he doesn't pose a threat to me?
Otacon: ......
Snake: right?
END TRANSMISSION

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
"The only way to escape if you're doing this is letting Delibird get hit hard enough.".

...Maybe I'm not getting something. Maybe your writing's misleading me. ...But that sounds like broken to me. Also, while Present would be hard to spam against heavy fighters, if Delibird uses it on a lighter character like Lucas or G&W, all he'd have to do is fall off the stage then throw them underneath it to KO them. A full second is enough time for the character to be chucked pretty far off stage before being able to recover...

But maybe that'll all become fine once we actually see how Delibird gets his foes into the bag.
I've now changed that line to "There are only two ways to get out of the bag that's out of Delibird's control: By spamming enough times to struggle out, or by letting another character hit Delibird with a Storng attack with meduim to high knockback."

Also, I meant the last sentence of the neutral B is what I've changed. I now I changed it (again) just for you, Mendez. I hope the third time the charm.

Also, there's currently two moves that let a character insind the bag, (Down Throw and Side Special), there's a possibility of one more, but it's slim.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Also, I meant the last sentence of the neutral B is what I've changed. I now I changed it (again) just for you, Mendez. I hope the third time the charm.
Much better. Consider me satisfied. :bee:

Now just so long as Delibird only has a select few moves that can capture an opponent, that should make for a pretty unique mechanic.

@tarman: But why is Sora punching at all? When does he ever punch anything in the games? AND HOW IN GOD'S NAME DOES "KEYBLADE TETHER" WORK

...Also, yeah, don't repost movesets you've started. Most of us will basically ignore it, and as a result, you won't get any feedback.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So much talk recently of a moveset that only has one move. . .

I prefer to only send previews to select people when I need help on a certain move or two. The moveset loses a lot of it's "wow" effect if you don't post it all at once. An unholy demon spawn of hell of a moveset that's longer then 4 average movesets combined coming out at the same time is truly a sight to behold.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Can I just say, again (because I've said it infinity times already) that I really dislike it when people post very incomplete movesets. Missing your extras is one thing. Having only the layout up is another. By the time you're finished, 50 other movesets have been posted, and I don't feel like checking every little update you make. In fact, I almost never check the links that people post that say "Hey, I updated [character]!! Check it out!!" because it bothers me so.

[/rant]

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
well, I do what you hate SirKibble, posting SOOOO many times saying "I finished one of Metal Knuckles throws, go check PLZ!" ... 5 minutes later "hey all, i've done another throw ITZ So Awesom!!

I will only tell of an update when I've finished the attacks (the main thing), and another for the finished extras from now onwards.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, I was just curious if people just wanted me to post my moveset on a spammed page in this thread or on another website and just give a link to stop the extreme loading and all.....

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Sorry SiKibble, I know I dont ussually update my movesets muc hafter they are "done" (actually I do, but I dont tell anyone xD) anyway but I decided I should tell you gusy that Tien had no throws O-o Im surprised I didnt notice, and you guys didnt notice either xD Well if you did notice you shoulda told me....anyway I added Tien`s throws , nd you will most likely never see this link to Tien`s moveset again. (unless someone asks me to post it for whatever reason, or im advertising for "Please vote for my moveset!! T_T)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5548643&postcount=6103

SirKibble

Smash Champion
No apologies necessary, gentlemen. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one it bothers. Others' thoughts?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm with 'Kibble on this one. As a general rule of thumb, if I see the same moveset more than twice, I just don't read it. Just try and have the majority of your stuff done. If you're missing the tilts, or the grabs and a special or two, that's fine. And obviously extras aren't even required.

But for Pete's sake, stop posting the frame of the moveset and nothing else. Not only does it look bad, but it ends up giving off the impression that you're starving for recognition. And I can tell you right now that that's not the way to go about doing so here.

And under no circumstances should anybody be reposting their moveset on a later page. Link to it, tell us what's changed, and ask for feedback on a certain thing. That said, something that bugs me even more is when someone constantly barrages the thread with "okay I tweaked his Ftilt. Comments plz?". Seriously, is you're having issues with one or two specific things, that's what the Social Group is for.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
everyone agrees on this subject that people should only tell use what was updated about a character (only if its like every move is done, or if the moveset changed massivly overall) in a link to the moveset it was originally posted then. Why not make it a Rule in MyM 4, so we don't have this hassle over it again sometime in the future.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
everyone agrees on this subject that people should only tell use what was updated about a character (only if its like every move is done, or if the moveset changed massivly overall) in a link to the moveset it was originally posted then. Why not make it a Rule in MyM 4, so we don't have this hassle over it.
I imagine something to that effect will be put into place, if not those exact restraints. Mmm-hm. :embarrass

Akiak

Smash Ace
The sora moveset is very incomplete. Needs a picture, the extras, colors, and the moves need to be described better. But i like the change element thing.
And remember, incomplete, hard-to-read movesets don't attract ANYONE. It makes it a pain for the reader to read it all through. Remember that.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I still wonder what new things will be added to the rules/ first post of MYM4?
(I still think that the Newbie idea of mine which I said in the social group is a good idea)

P.S Metal Knuckles attacks are all done now! so that should mean people can vote for Metal Knuckles in the Voting Month, WOOT (I Feel a bit guilty saying that after what I said earlier, but ALL of its attacks are done so :ohwell:)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I propose:
+Completed movesets only: or at least completed enough to judge. Putting "moveset not done, don't look yet" isn't a good idea. Plus, unfinished movesets that are completed later are usuallly drowned out by new movesets or spam.
+Completed movesets only once: No reposts.
+All characters can be used again: all the good ones have been taken in the previous three contests; clean slate.

I'm also infavor of reusing those category lists that were used in the MYM1 first post as a recap from last MYM ("cool", "badass","wtf" etc).

I also think we should find a use for Assist Trophies, Bosses, Items, Stages and Music.

-----
What do yall think of providing various moveset templates for newbs to use? Does it make it too easy/limit creativity/will it become a problem of everyone using one template?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
What do yall think of providing various moveset templates for newbs to use? Does it make it too easy/limit creativity/will it become a problem of everyone using one template?
Well, if we had many various types of layouts, so that if Newbies don't like one layout, they might like another (Plus it would be boring reading over a moveset which has the same layout as the last one, making the whole thing feel repetitive)

tarman727

Smash Apprentice
Did people not even read me not being done? I have very limited time and am doing it on my own freetime. Im new on smashboards and when im done im done, be patient if you want to see it, and don't be rude if I don't know the basic stuff around here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I will set an example for newcomers by asking for comments/feedback on my Cranky moveset in the way proposed by Mendez

I have updated Cranky's grabs and his main special (which is technically 4 specials). I am wondering if the throws seem unoriginal or fitting to Cranky's consequential character (say that 3 times fast).

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5529626&postcount=5857 <-- Link, NOT reposted moveset :)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
tarman727 said:
Did people not even read me not being done? I have very limited time and am doing it on my own freetime. Im new on smashboards and when im done im done, be patient if you want to see it, and don't be rude if I don't know the basic stuff around here.
Sorry, I'll look at it.
If you mean Sora:
It's a good start, but you should provide more detail on the attacks and information. You gave the technical stuff which is nice and basic motion description, but you want to paint a picture to the reader. It needs some major fleshing out. You also want to provide other things than the attacks, such as extras (animations, entrances, taunts etc). Pictures are also good.

He does have a point though.

Have you noticed people will post a moveset or something significant and then the next poster will change the subject or not even acknowledge it? A lot of people, even myself have done that. I think it should be common courtesy to at least say something if the person aboves you just posted a moveset or something of the sort.

Maybe a comment relay or something, if you want feedback, give feedback to the one giving you feedback or something. I don't think it should be a tea party regulation or anything, but... just sayin'.

edit: Cranky's throws are fine. that Bthrow is funny and makes sense since he's old. They all fit what a typical senior citizen would do.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It was a joke in DK64's instruction book. Cranky Kong had submitted a level called "The Great Girder Grapple" and was annoyed that it didn't make it into the final game.

So yeah, I was joking.
Hehe, okay.

After I finish the main moveset, I don't think I will start extras yet, cause I still have to edit over my other 14 movesets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom