• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Zero

Smash Hero
Woo, now that BOOST is over and done with, I'll start organising my next gathering. Probable date is the 9th of November, and will be at my house. It would be brilliant if any of you Sydney folks could show up. Total of stuff at the moment is:
  • 4 TVs
  • Wii
  • N64

Post if interested!

EDIT: 9th of November

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How much are the trains up there?

If the round trip is reasonably cheap I don't mind coming up. Especially coz then I'll get to mutilate S.D and permanently get him out of the way.

Also 4 stocking a couple of choobs in 64 for a couple of hours won't be bad.

Im probably up for money matching me vs you with any character except Samus.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Shaya: about train pricing, think along the lines of high 10s/low 20s one-way, plus whatever it is for the airport line (10-ish or so for pensioners, not sure about normal tickets but probably twice that). Not sure how that is reduced for students, but probably halved.

Anyway Andrew you know I'm coming.

Zero

Smash Hero
If I recall, it cost me $18 for a return ticket to Chatswood the last time I went to Sydney by train. If you got a child's ticket though, it'd probably cost you $6. I'm thinking about it, but my event might be $10ea for all the coke, pizza and miscellaneous food you can muster. Or hopefully, it'll just be a free day. We'll see.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I need to practice more and get better at brawl in two weeks. Looking forward to thus Hunter meet :D

Gords

Smash Champion
definately interested
how long roughly does it take to get the from sydney and what is the station in which i need to get to for your place Zero. Also how long do you expect to this meet to go to, ie. when does it probs finish. are we going out for dinner/lunch etc where ill need extra loot?

Anyways if i can make it/afford it i will be there with wii, melee, brawl, possibly melawl,
and hopefully a brand new completely empty HDD, yes thats right i need the rest of that epic anime collection of yours Zero.

S.D

Smash Master
Train from Sydney to Newcastle takes between 2 and 3 hours depending on lameness of public transport on the day (however you can use that time to sleep). Also anyone who wants to come i can pick up from Cardiff station most likely and drive to Zero's if it's easier.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's a 5 hour trip by train from Western Sydney to Maitland. Including a whole hour of waiting between trains. Although you can probably cut an hour off that if you're getting a ride from Cardiff. :D

Expect to leave at 5AM-ish or so in order to get there at a good hour. (This is mainly directed at Gords, since Campbelltown is more or less the same distance train-wise as Blacktown.)

SD, I'd happily accept a lift. :3 One whole hour less of tedious sitting around doing nothing YES.

Gords

Smash Champion
Train from Sydney to Newcastle takes between 2 and 3 hours depending on lameness of public transport on the day (however you can use that time to sleep). Also anyone who wants to come i can pick up from Cardiff station most likely and drive to Zero's if it's easier.
*raises hand* yep that would be great if i could grab a lift, what time are you going to be at cardiff station?

Hmm 1st of November in Canberra.
2nd of November in Hunter Valley.

zomg.
why are you in camerra, cause if it was for the tourney it looks to be cancelled now.:(

It's a 5 hour trip by train from Western Sydney to Maitland. Including a whole hour of waiting between trains. Although you can probably cut an hour off that if you're getting a ride from Cardiff. :D

Expect to leave at 5AM-ish or so in order to get there at a good hour. (This is mainly directed at Gords, since Campbelltown is more or less the same distance train-wise as Blacktown.)

SD, I'd happily accept a lift. :3 One whole hour less of tedious sitting around doing nothing YES.
no i believe it is a bit longer for me casue it will take me about an hour just to get to strathfield. especailly at that time of day, all stops to central. :mad:

S.D

Smash Master
Well i can be at Cardiff station whenever - I live like 2 mins away from it.

If its gunna be a humungous hassle getting there early enough maybe come down the night before if you don't mind sleeping on various things in my house that are not beds. Guess we'll see how it goes.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i might come on 2nd of november even though i dont really know what it is, p.s where are the photos of this meet?

Gords

Smash Champion
:(NOOOOOOOOOOO:(
just realised i cant make this meet.
Business commitments
I starting to really look forward to this as well.
its just not fair....

Anyways next time.

Zero

Smash Hero
just realised i cant make this meet.
Business commitments
I starting to really look forward to this as well.
its just not fair....

Anyways next time.
Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. What date can't you make? The 2nd? Because it's most probably not going to be the second. tcranter from the Wollongong thread said he couldn't make it, so I decided to push it a week further forward, so the 9th is looking more probable. I guess I'ma edit my post and the front page.

Also, Gords: Regarding cost, it could be free, or it could be around $10 for all the food, drinks and pizza you can eat.

Gords

Smash Champion
Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. What date can't you make? The 2nd? Because it's most probably not going to be the second. tcranter from the Wollongong thread said he couldn't make it, so I decided to push it a week further forward, so the 9th is looking more probable. I guess I'ma edit my post and the front page.

Also, Gords: Regarding cost, it could be free, or it could be around $10 for all the food, drinks and pizza you can eat.
wait the 9th yes:chuckle:
*heart starts pumping again*
exellent the 9th would be good as far as dates concerned although i do have exams that week after but that doesnt matter i will have like 6hrs train travel to study....or sleep which ever one comes first, LOL.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Whoa 100 replies. Didn't expect that when I first saw this thread created. Speaking of SMAAAAAAAASH attacks, just finished Mother 3 :D

Anyway, I thought you would have added my contact details Zero ;-;

Email: summoner@fatestaynetwork.com
Melee mains: Jigglypuff, Link (If you can call them mains >_>)
Smash 64 mains: Kirby, Jigglypuff (" ")

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
no i believe it is a bit longer for me casue it will take me about an hour just to get to strathfield. especailly at that time of day, all stops to central. :mad:
Ahaha. Well it takes me 45min to Strathfield, so it's not really much of a difference. :p

Plus, for me it's a 20min wait at Strathfield. Even if you arrived 15min out from me, we'd be taking the same train anyway. Gotta admit I welcome the company, the long journey is way too boring on one's lonesome.

So what's this poop about the 9th?

S.D

Smash Master
Whoa 100 replies. Didn't expect that when I first saw this thread created. Speaking of SMAAAAAAAASH attacks, just finished Mother 3 :D

Anyway, I thought you would have added my contact details Zero ;-;

Email: summoner@fatestaynetwork.com
Melee mains: Jigglypuff, Link (If you can call them mains >_>)
Smash 64 mains: Kirby, Jigglypuff (" ")
You're finished already? I'm only up to chapter 4 - savouring the experience. (Also I have no time for frivolity: ie: gaming). I need to take a week off life for this.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Come on Sam, you've been waiting like forever for this game. Sucks all the Mother fans are up there, I'm all alone here.

Also, this is the second playthrough that actually made me cry. >.> Such an amazing game...

But the name Yokuba>Fassad, that was my only issue with the translated version.

On a boring Smash related note, I can make it on the 9th. :)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gah. Hopefully I can learn Samus enough to at least semi challenge some people with her. (picking up a low tier character after entering BOOST3's low and mid tier tourneys and getting *****)

Zero

Smash Hero
Maan, Samus' matchups suck with everyone BUT Snake. Sorry to burst your bubble, you have no more Kirbyadvantage.

Gords

Smash Champion
is this definatley happening on the 9th,
and S.D. is it still possible to come down on the saturday 8th and stay the night at yours?

Zero

Smash Hero
I asked my father about it just then, and he said "We'll see...". I'll ask him tomorrow before I head off to an overnight LAN. I'll post the news at about 5:30pm tomorrow. On other news, I'll be hosting a round robin friendly tournament as a side to the meet, for Brawl and 64. Also, I'm willing to money match anyone in value of up to about $5. (may change depending on funds).

Top Bottom