• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Mmmyeah. Brawl Singles results. With top 8 characters cause Shaya said so! :D

1: S.D (Pit)
2: Shaya (Marth)
3: Meteor Master (ICs/Ness)
4: Defiled (ROB/MK)
5: EA (Kirby)
5: Gords (Toon Link)
7: PrincessMarth (ZSS)
7: Jelly (Kirby/Zelda)
9: Munky
9: Chris2
9: Hank
9: Dazza
13: idontgotaname
13: SummonerOfKirbys
13: peadX
13: Earl
17: Dedu
17: JP

Zero

Smash Hero
An epic day indeed. Shoutouts and pictures coming this way!

First of all, a big shoutout to S.D and his brothers, whom without, this meet would have been a total, utter failure. Thank you so much for offering your housing to 7 visitors, I cannot express how much I appreciate it.

Didn't get to play you though, what a shame. :<

Dazza: - Maaan, the first time I play against a good Pikachu, I get my semi-secondaries destroyed. >.> And my ZSS got given a rough time as well. Great games against you. Oh, I think you left your cardigan behind.

EA: - Your jumper was dirty :D. Great to see you again, even though you didn't bring your DVD recorder, grumble grumble. Twas fun beating today :D I really hope I get to go to Don't Come, but I seriously doubt it. Hayaku and come back into IRC, alright? OK, I RESPONDED TO "GIRL", STOP RUBBING IT IN! :<

Shaya: - 1/3 victories isn't too bad, right? I actually wasn't expecting you to show up, since all indications were that you had missed the party train, but last night reconfirmed it and you arrived! Obviously drowned by my utter fabulousity, you proceeded to school me in 64 AND Brawl. Your Marth is good. I'll make it my best interest to come down to Don't Come, maybe crew up with you guys.

Meteor Master: - How's your wallet? Too many of our matches were epics, rargh Ice Climbers grabbing controller hurts tch grumle fdfaweqrf. Counterpicking Frigate Orpheon was one of the stupidest things I've ever done, I need to learn my matchups a lot more. Congratulations on 3rd place as well, your plays were well deserving, haha Big Blue CP. In short, next time I see you, $12 money match :D

Defiled: - Maaan, you were quiet, but when I played you, you were toooooough. That last throw, aaaaaaaaaaaah. Your range game was impeccable, really couldn't do a thing about it, controlling my weakness very well. I didn't get to remove Ocarina from your hands, however, should have gotten around to that. Thanks for coming though!

Dedu: - We didn't even get to play a game today, but you did take some of my anime, so I'm glad I took part in your day :D. Although I did you smash up Melee. I'll post up RoyxMarth to shatter Shaya's dreams forever.

Gords: - Our very rushed game wasn't quite enough, I didn't get to witness much of your Toon Link, and it's a shame I can't make your STD thingy. You didn't get to steal all the stuff you wanted, either, >.>. Maybe next time. :D Also, triple Side B combo **** YEAH!

Chris - CURRY! Rargh, stupid curry fails. I didn't find your wallet or controller, so someone travelling down must have picked it up. Although if I do find it, I'll be sure to let you know.

Tom: - MY PEN NOW! HA! *scribbles in pink in Physics book*

I didn't talk to Jelly or Tim, pizza aside, however, thanks for coming along, it was a blast!

Pictures are located here! click me, me, me!

Overall, I think the meet was a success. Although there were some organisational and logistical problems, they were small and hopefully didn't impact much on the overall enjoyment. I'll post the tournament results as well.

1: S.D (Pit)
2: Shaya (Marth)
3: Meteor Master (ICs/Ness)
4: Defiled (ROB/MK)
5: EA (Kirby)
6: Gords (Toon Link)
7: PrincessMarth (ZSS)
8: Jelly (Kirby/Zelda)
9: Munky
10: Tim
11: Hank
12: Dazza
13: idontgotaname
14: SummonerOfKirbys
15: peadX
16: Earl
17: Dedu
18: JP (NotShaya)

The tournament was Shaya's idea, since we had such an unexpectedly large turnout, he beckoned it to be played. Good job on taking initiative and pouncing on the opportunity, John!

The other's should be returning around now, so hello gaiz! :D Doubt they'd post until morning, most of them were screwed for sleep.

Oh, someone took my purple Gamecube controller, if anyone finds a purple controller that's not their's, give me a shoutout please.

Videos of Marth's Gay Ol' Time coming soon. Dedu, post your pictures as well. :D

All in all, the meet was great and I hope all of you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for coming!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Results are a LIE. S.D and Shaya could only (just barely) beat me with Meta Knight which they didn't want recorded in the results to hide that shame. Oh and in Shaya's case, with MK on stupid cp's like Big Blue. >.>

I'll post some shoutouts when I get around to it, need sleep. I lack a voice and can literally not speak. Sooooooo bad.

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol ol lol why does my usb hard drive take freaking forever to load an anime of Animanga Daioh onto my computer hard drive?!?

Must not have USB Port 2.0 or something like that...

Back to meet.
Soo many people there... I'll make a list.

Gords - still the man! Getting better at Melee all the while. Sorry about that last match we had where I waveshined you into a wall and proceeded to rack up about 100% damage before finishing it off with a Usmash. You do pretty well, gameplay wise and I'm sure you'll be very good for doubles if you keep it up. That shiek is getting better every time I see you.

SD - Madd skills what can I say? I know I know I seemed too quiet at your place but that was because someone keeps talking too much about Brawl and I generally like to talk about other things... Your ICies are too good I tried to keep up with Piddlypuff but to no avail. Marth seems to be my best option thus far. Keep it up bro!

EA - your jumper was dirty x2. Sorry mate but I couldn't help but notice. Good catching up and hanging out on the train both ways. See you at Don't Come aye!

Meteor - You really love the IceClimbers don't you? Can't get enough of the mallet hammers? Lol. We played plenty of melee games and I gotta say your Jiggs is looking scary already. Keep it up there!

Shaya - looks we're even in Melee XD... but not in Brawl. You still win that game every time. Props for your Meta-winningspree-knight for doing well.

Zero - thanks for hosting! You're a nice bloke - gotta say thanks for the anime/manga <3. I've never watched Code Geass and have wanted to ever since I saw a gif animation of Lelouch Vi Britannia saying his name on the internets. He looks pretty f**ked up for a quy IMO. Mainly thanks to the Japanese bishounen influence in manga <3 [/sarcasm] Marth is culprit to that as well *insert awesome emoticon here*

Pics of the meet here -

SD and his AWESOME car!

Healthy Maccas for Breakfast rite?

Everyone enjoying their food!

This looks reallllly yummy doesn't? And I heard the QuarterPounder with Avocado was enough already lol.

Boo! Shoo-ya and Meteor!

Zero's TV room!

TVs Galore! Want one?

EA forgot his DVD recorder so he brought an air-made one.

hmmm...

Nightmare of Shaya's dreams... Marth being abused!

A picture is worth a thousand words

hmmm...

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
great day everyone, thanks for the great matches all. too tired to do specifics, and i ****ing arrived 5 minutes ago cos the ****ing taxi company cant follow simple instructions like we want one cab for 2 people. they gave us none. I shouted some drunk aboriginal a cab home cos he was in wollongong beating up some guy for stalking a friend of his and after the alcohol and ciggarettes, had no money for a taxi. what a day. 6 hours from sd's to my house. sleeping now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just woke up after about 14 hours sleep.

Should have had more, but I guess I'll live.

Feel like a wreck.

My name isn't 'John'.
S.D will never know about vsing me in a tournament match that I can keep my eyes open for.

Vsing Meteor with my Red Eyes Black Marth was worth mentioning. I think spamming dtilt won me the matches. And barely was an overstatement. How do you expect to not get killed against a guy who stands still charging up smashes against a guy who couldn't tell that the character he was vsing wasn't blur on the screen.

Sleep deprived Jeans ftw.

S.D

Smash Master
Firstly an enormous thankyou to Andrew for holding such a super special awesome meet/impromptu tournament, it was fantastic and also much BIGGER than expected. Say thanks to your family for putting up with us also and catering for such a big group of random strangers. How I managed to go the full day without playing you is beyond me, I blame fatigue, we’ll have to make up for it next time, although from what I hear your ZSS is better than ever so keep on improving PrincessMarth!

Now then, obligatory Shout-out type things.

Big thanks to the elite 7 who made the journey from Sydney, hope you enjoyed the stay and the SMASH and I’m sorry we only ended up with one TV for the mini STD, but I think it went well all the same, team matches ftw. S.D’s STD for super ERIC!!! Moar lime vodka consumption required next time. Also I hope nobody died from sleep deprivation.

e_alert: I hear your jumper was dirty :p Every time we play I see more and more improvement, congratulations on 5th! Good games both at mine, at Zero’s and in the tournament (Pro-tip don’t counter pick FD vs. Pit :)).

Gords: My navigation buddy, thanks for the directional influence (puns anybody)? Thanks for coming down, it was great to have you here. Toon Link constantly evolving and improving, same with your skills in melee. It’s a shame we didn’t get more of a chance for 1 vs. 1 action, but the games we played teams or otherwise were great all the same. Well done on your tournament result, it’s too bad you had to run into the scariest Ice Climbers going around.

Meteor:
Results are a LIE. S.D and Shaya could only (just barely) beat me with Meta Knight which they didn't want recorded in the results to hide that shame. Oh and in Shaya's case, with MK on stupid cp's like Big Blue. >.>
I don’t know what you’re talking about, MK was banned dude I couldn’t have used him if I wanted to.

**** ICE CLIMBERS!!! Every time I got grabbed, I died. Well done in the tournament, you ***** hard. Also where the **** did that melee jpuff come from??? Too pro-shizzle for words. Blue team too too good also Dakota! Ness still > Claus… Thanks for staying, sorry about the lack of good places to sleep and the blanket of death that crushed your bones…

Shaya: Jean Paul sets a new world record for staying awake. Thanks for coming down, not as crippled as I had imagined though. Good games on all fronts on both days, congrats on coming 2nd in the tourney, now SHOW ME YOUR JOHNS for not winning :p Smash 64 was a good call, you reawakened some dormant monster inside, who reared it’s head occasionally and reminded me how
not
pro I am…. More booze next time, makes things more interesting. Unbeatable team.

Dedu: Thanks for coming Stuey! Yeah conversation tended to be very one-directional, next time we will chat about philosophy and life in general for 48 hours to make up for it :) Also I will show you the incredible sights Newcastle has to offer. Hope you had a good time and the floor wasn’t too uncomfortable.

As for the Smash – Melee ftw, your Marth always gives me much trouble, but this time around you showed me how great your Peach/Sheik/Jiggy is too! Great games in everything, too bad your heart wasn’t in brawl at the tournament coz you’re really good at it, Falco CG for crazy tier.

Defiled: Another member of the super cool stayed at S.D’s place. Thanks for coming and making us envy your popularity with constant MSN sound effects eminating from your phone. We didn’t get many one on ones across the two days, but the ones we had were great. Rob for Brawl and Falco for Melee = impressive. Well done in the tournament.

Idontgotaname: Could you have lost any more stuff? Lol I hope it all turns up eventually, in the end I was surprised you left with anything. Thanks for coming down and playing some top matches with us. I hope you had a good time and I’m sorry my floor is less than comfortable.

Zero: I wish the smash-mobile was real. <3 Pretty much shouted you out at the top but thanks again, the whole thing was FABULOUS.

Summoner: Egad, hardly saw you all day, but we had some grand Brawl matches and Melee FFA’s. Good to see you again man!

Tim?!: You were the best player there by far, thanks for sandbagging and letting me win the thing.

ERIC 2 days. Big thanks to everyone who attended and especially those making the trip from Sydney, wouldn’t have been the same without.

S.D

Smash Master
Just woke up after about 14 hours sleep.

Should have had more, but I guess I'll live.

Feel like a wreck.

My name isn't 'John'.
S.D will never know about vsing me in a tournament match that I can keep my eyes open for.

Vsing Meteor with my Red Eyes Black Marth was worth mentioning. I think spamming dtilt won me the matches. And barely was an overstatement. How do you expect to not get killed against a guy who stands still charging up smashes against a guy who couldn't tell that the character he was vsing wasn't blur on the screen.

Sleep deprived Jeans ftw.
Oh there they are <3 jeans

(has played Shaya in non-sleep deprived tournament matches)

Gords

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTS

I know i have been a bit lazy in the past with these things but this meet/semi STD was just to epic not to shout out, so here we go:

ZERO.
Absolutely awesome epic Smash meet. Many thanks for hosting and congrats for organising such a successful meet. I cant believe how many people were there and that we actualy had a tourney as well. Also thank your parents for openng there home to so many people thay dont even know and providing the food and drink. Pity we didnt get to play much, your ZSS is really good i didnt even know ZSS could even do that forward B combo off the side. Next time though we will play more and you can experience the full force of my toon link. Also thanks a lot for adding yet more anime to my collection and yeah i will probs grab some of the rest next time i see again too, try really hard to make it to dont come.

S.D.
Thanks for letting me stay at your place and kudos on the DI pun, although your directional influence turned out to be better than mine LOL. Its always enjoyable playing you,l learn so much as well. Yeah pity we didnt get much in the way of 1v1 matches, but any match against you was ERIC whether it was crazy item FFA, being mindgame SDed by G&W sausages, melee teams or even being 64 ness Dair *****. All awesome. Tournament wise,i should really get to know counterpicks, needed to pick shadow moses against MTR's ICs and Luigi Mansion against Shaya's marth, not the other way around. I probs would have gotten to play you in the tournament that way.

Shaya
Its great that you made it eventually, and some great close matches where played between us. I always seem to learn something new everytime I play a smash session with you. Next time you wont see shadow moses, infact you will be the one doing the counterpicking and consider Shadow moses banned.

Meteor
Man those ICs are annoying to deal with, thank goodness for the bomb and my super awesome ability to meteor cancel,if not for those i probs would have been 3 stocked but alas all matches were close down to our last stock. Actually I dont think you ever did manage to pull off a CG to down spike all weekend, man you gotta love teching and metoer canceling. anytime you want to play some give me a buzz and ill come round?

Defiled
Had some great matches with you too, i idnt even realise you were that good, placed higher than me in the tourney congrats. Also had fun doing the coop event with you too,told you event 21 on hard is hard, try it on your own its quite fun to see how far you can get (by letting your team mate get KOed quickly, although i use Tlinks Dair wind to push a luigi off). Also thanks for the homebrew knowledge and by time my meet i should have everything in order except for this stuff your going to give me.

E_Alert
i dont think i played you much unfortunately,but the little we did in teams and FFA were pretty good, your ICs seems to be getting better and your almost there when it comes to CGing, keep up the good work. Also its a pity your wii still isnt playing brawl but defiled, MTR and I may have come up with a reason to why it is so. I am going to look into it a bit and when your over for my STD we can see if we can solve the problem.

Jelly
Great to play some more smash with you, had some great teams pretty early on then didnt really get much more matches in against you after that. But what we did was pretty funny especailly those melee team combos with your samus and my sheik, i dont know how we didnt manage to hit each other.

Tim & Dazza
I will do you two together since most off the toime I played you was in teams with you two on the same side. Tim: Really enjoyed playing you, I cant believe how good you are with marios cape. i think you manged to make me hit my team mate more than i hit you.
Dazza That pit is really good and you just kept getting better as the day went on.
Dazza and Tim: you two make an excellent combo, cant wait till Dont Come, i hope you both go and play on the same team as well, reacon you will do well.

Idontgotaname
Some great games against you too always great to see a luigi fan. I hope you find all your stuff and loved some of the calls you made on the train trip up from sydney too.

Dedu
Great to see you again, its always fun playing you in melee. you are to me in melee what shaya is to me in brawl, i always seem to come out af a smash session with you and have learnt something new. Just got to work a little on my technical skill a bit more and then we can really have some really Epic close melee matches. I wish i could wavedash as good as you can and congrats on getting me into that fox infinite as well.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't think so :).

Best fun of all was me and meteor just moaning for about 20 minutes before our tournament match going 'ughhh i'm tooooooo tireeeeeeeeeddddddddddddd'
Nana was too tired also, what with the jumping on the road of Big Blue and all. >=(

And I don't recall fighting your Marth the entire time with anyone other than Ness, who pretty much never used smash attacks anyway. Also, I believe I almost won that poor matchup.

Someone please ban Big Blue soon.... MK is okay I guess, just... Big Blue is too much.

Gords

Smash Champion
zero i ment to ask this yesturday
who is the character in your sig now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lelouch died for our sins.

Gilgamesh died for our sins.
But chocked some *****es in the process.

Marth lives to represent those who did things manly in their lifetimes.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
sorry zero, i somehow went from one controller to 3, i think i took one of yours. sorry. I'll make sure and get it to you. who is going to gords's std? i'll give one of you it to give to you zero.

Zero

Smash Hero
Of course, he's the embodiment of everything they're not. :)
Feminine? :laugh:

sorry zero, i somehow went from one controller to 3, i think i took one of yours. sorry. I'll make sure and get it to you. who is going to gords's std? i'll give one of you it to give to you zero.
It's alright, I'll get it whenever EA comes back down for a visit or something. Did your wallet turn up?

Gords

Smash Champion
EA
I think I have yur micro SD card and your micro sd to sd card. Are you missing yours.
If not it's probably yours idontgotaname. You seemed of missed placed everything else.
Anyways whoevers it is you gave it to me to take a picture of the sunset on sat night a Cardiff station.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah Gords it's mine. (As a side note, because of this I won't be able to post my SSB64 save until I get it back, for those who wanted it). I'll just pick it up at the STD, unless you wanna meet sometime within the next few weeks. :p

Girl said:
It's still Lelouch, much to Shaya's disdain. :D
A female Lelouch. :D

Gords said:
i dont think i played you much unfortunately,but the little we did in teams and FFA were pretty good, your ICs seems to be getting better and your almost there when it comes to CGing, keep up the good work. Also its a pity your wii still isnt playing brawl but defiled, MTR and I may have come up with a reason to why it is so. I am going to look into it a bit and when your over for my STD we can see if we can solve the problem.
Haha thanks, you were looking pretty good yourself this weekend. Actually I was playing idontgottaname and what little CGing skill I used to have suddenly came back to me; I am totally pumped for getting back into ICs now and learning more thanks to that. Also, I would be majorly happy to hear what you guys think about my problem. I've triple-checked all the problem areas I can think of and everything seems to be perfectly fine (Firmware's right, freeloader works (Melee freeloads), Brawl disk's fine (yours had the same problem), etc etc). So any input is greatly appreciated.

Girl Meanie said:
Your jumper was dirty :D.
Male Meanie 1 said:
your jumper was dirty x2. Sorry mate but I couldn't help but notice.
Male Meanie 2 said:
I hear your jumper was dirty :p
FFFFFF MY JUMPER WAS FLUFFY CAUSE IT JUST CAME OUT OF THE WASH, YOU'RE ALL MEANIES AND I HATE YOU. ;_;

Falcon Shoutouts!

Andrew -- Thanks for hosting, that **** was eric. I was glad to help out running the tourney, chasing people up about matches and stuff (even though you didn't ask for it and I kinda put myself there), maybe one day that experience will be useful. :D And I'm like totally better than you at Braw, tournament results never lie! BURN.

S.D -- Same for you, mate, thanks for hosting. Thanks to you and your brothers, I was able to not only circumvent a boring Sunday morning train ride, but additionally cut off an hour each way from the trip and get in THAT much more Smash over the weekend (as well as THAT much less sleep. xD). Good games, btw, and I'll keep that in mind about FD+Pit, although FD honestly is just a comfort stage for basically all my mains.

idontgottaname -- Thanks for the matches, dude. You really had me on my toes for those, and thanks to you, I was able to get back into the swing of things with Icies. I haven't felt this excited about improving them for a long time.

Tom -- WTF NO.

Meteor -- Wah, sorry I didn't get to show off you those desyncs like you wanted, I promise I'll make a point of it at Gords' STD. (You're going to that, right?)

Shaya -- fkn money match at Gords'. 2 fkn bucks. Your Marth. My Icies. Braw. FKN GO. (Thanks for the tips with Luigi/Kirby in 64 btw, that seemed to help quite a bit.)

Bjay -- OH WAIT A SEC YOU DIDN'T GO YOU TOTALLY MISSED OUT ON AN AMAZING WEEKEND DUDE.

Daz -- You're a really great piano player! o: I seriously thought it was a CD playing or something until I crept into the room to grab my stuff and noticed you sitting there playing. >.>

Defiled -- I don't exactly hate you for going Meta Knight or anything, but... XD Haha seriously though, fun matches. I actually joked that you would somehow make it through the bracket to face me in loser's after I put you there, and it ended up happening after all; and you topped it all off by knocking me out. xD

And now I sleep, after not even being up for 12 hours. Still freaking wasted, that's how awesome last weekend was.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
Defiled -- I don't exactly hate you for going Meta Knight or anything, but... XD Haha seriously though, fun matches. I actually joked that you would somehow make it through the bracket to face me in loser's after I put you there, and it ended up happening after all; and you topped it all off by knocking me out. xD.
I feel so dirty.

Like.. tentacle **** dirty.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
WAIT WHAT? FFFFF

I don't even have a beard. ;_;

Ganon has like, an eric beard.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
i think its eric e alert is now accepting his tentacle **** problem.
the first step is admitting there is a problem

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Hey, everyone bit late with the thank you post..... but anyway thanks for all the awesome matches! it was fun playing against someone other than S.D for once (i didn't know what it felt like to not get 3 stocked.) big thanks to zero for the houseness and everyone who friendlied against me or played me in the tourney.

Top Bottom