• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***ging Shiek

aJerk

Smash Rookie
i don't want to outplay her, because that's not what she does to me.
My buddy basically shield-grab/fairs and dsmashes the hell out of me. save for the opportunistic tilts/uairs, that's pretty much the extent of his game.

Who and How should i play to make him never want to pick this laglesswhore again? I don't just want to just beat him (i can play, say, Marth, and just abuse my range and grab when needed but that doesn't drive the point home,) but i want him to scream OMGGAY when i beat him at his own simpgame.

advice is appreciated.
cheers.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
you can use original mindgames...see the mindgames thread in general melee discussion, soome of hte best mindgames avail are there.

aJerk

Smash Rookie
i'll usually win the early game with falco, but then i have the most incredible problems killing. i'll pillar a bit, try to read the di, and get a double laser stun that leads to a grab. from there, it's up in the air - but i generally still feel in control. most matches start with shiek around 80% to my 40%. but after that point, he'll get a shieldgrab off as i attempt to kill, and he'll fair me - then gimp my recovery. after that, i'm running around trying to kill again, and he gets that low% grab, which leads to more grabs/tilts. suddenly i find myself from being in the lead to being down an entire stock or more - within a matter of a minute. it's every time.

am i to try edgeguard shiek with falco? it seems nearly impossible as he always recovers properly from below. if i try to hog, i get set on fire. if i try to bair, i go through the invinc frames. if so, i'm still stuck trying to get her off the ledge.

as far as outright kill moves, her dsmash > mine so nearly all my kills end up being fsmashes that are a result of well-spaced SHLs. still, that's incredibly predictable, and after 4stocks he's usually keen to my strategy and, most importantly, my timing.

it just seems that shiek is able to adapt so much more fluidly than me. maybe i just don't have the tech skill needed to beat a character that is so capable of punishing the tiniest of mistakes.

*edit*
apparently the problem is that i'm too stupid to spell Sheik properly.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Play Sheik/Doc/Mario/Ganon/ICs and chaingrab him to death.

Also, it's not hard to edgeguard Sheik. As Falco, edgehog and roll up (under 100) as he Vanishes. If he goes for the edge, he dies. If he goes for the stage, free fsmash/combo.

If you're playing Falco, don't go near the edge. Stay at the center of the stage. You have lasers, use them. As long as you're not off the stage, you can't get gimped. Simple.

Also, combo into your kill moves. You're Falco, you should know this.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
sheik is eeeeeasy to edgeguard. she has like, the most (not rly, but still bad) recovery. time when the vanish pops, do the quick getup, charge smash , gg sheiky, she shouldn be able to grav the ledgr cuz of invincible frames, and she should be a sitting duck.

aJerk

Smash Rookie
This is the most john-ridden thread I have ever seen.
especially the part where i said i lose because i suck. such sad johns, i make!
gtfo.

"Also, combo into your kill moves. You're Falco, you should know this. "

what works well for that at high-%s? other than like shine to bair.
am i supposed to be able to get like a dair-d/fsmash? if so, then i'm doing it wrong :p

i'll certainly try to be my hoggy with the edge now. it makes sense that i can hog and have the option of the get-up attack if she stagelands. good call.

appreciate the help, dudes

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
even with di its gonna get to a point where as soon as sheik gets off the stage shes gone.

i was thinking that as soon as roy gets her off the stage all he has to do is grab the edge and just wait till she lands and then get up and fsmash.

just sayin, roy has the best punishing move ever

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You can jab to fsmash or dsmash or nair or bair or something. It's pretty good. Also, you shouldn't be getting her to such a high percentage. You can dair to fsmash at like... sixty.

Also, Jona... what's with your obsession with Roy all of a sudden?

rhan

Smash Hero
Isn't Roy's worse match up Sheik? J.w

That's what my friends keeps saying I just want a quick answer. No explanation needed. :p

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'll go on record saying i would eat sethlon alive

yeah dude, watching that set, caveman just isn't playing gay enough.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol

i saw ur money match with hugs.

you know, the guy that quit melee to play brawl until like some days ago

yea that guy.

it was too close. especially for you to say you would eat sethlon alive.

rhan

Smash Hero
Thanks I needed those videos. Now I can 4 stock him and he can't john about it. :p

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol

i saw ur money match with hugs.

you know, the guy that quit melee to play brawl until like some days ago

yea that guy.

it was too close. especially for you to say you would eat sethlon alive.
except he quit brawl like two months ago? except you don't know anything about socal smash, but i do because i live here? except the guy who beat lucky in tournament his first tourny back and got top 5? yeah that guy.

you deal in what ifs and reputations and i deal in reality and facts.

like i said, caveman's sheik didn't play gay enough. the only thing i know how to do is play gay. maybe if you want to present a cogent argument rather than an ad hominem attack you won't get ***** :laugh:

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
hey the people i play arent bad at all

i think theyre better then me.

except when i use roy

also p you said sheik would 4 stock roy without trying

just wanted to prove you wrong.

which i did. and then you brought in "oh he wasnt being gay"

why you guys hating on roy for

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i forgot jona was just trying too hard

my bad

gotta reminder to ignore the opinings of bad players

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
opine
3 dictionary results for: opining
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
o⋅pine
   /oʊˈpaɪn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [oh-pahyn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object), o⋅pined, o⋅pin⋅ing.
to hold or express an opinion.

fail

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
gotta reminder to ignore the opinings of bad players

opinings =/= a word

opining is, opine is.

plus, i was just saying you spelled something wrong.

maybe you should stop being so stupid to say

im a bad player without even knowing me.

yea kid let that ego take over.

so you played in a tourney and beat hugs.

WOO!! now you can call people bad.

rhan

Smash Hero
OoOOOoOoOOOooOoOOoOoOOo

Education fight! Grab your calculators and do my homework! :o

But in all seriousness fighting never solves anything :/

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
actually it's the bad players who let themselves get trolled so easily because they're so insecure about their skill

i know i'm good at the game so your opinion of my skill doesn't affect me. that's why i don't really care about your blah blah you talk **** but who are you blah blah. it's irrelevant. when i actually have an opinion on something, i back it up with proof. caveman's sheik sucked **** v sethlon because he didn't play gay enough. i will destroy sethlon because i am patient enough and gay enough to just wait for the opportunities that sheik ***** roy with.

you can disagree with that all you like, but you sound foolish just getting mad and saying i'm wrong. so as a result i troll the hell out of you, and lo and behold, it works.

i win.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yes of course. im insecure about my skill

every thread i go to i say my roy ***** or my falcon *****, how insecure.

i doubt that a sheik can be more patient then a roy, because the roy needs to look for openings,

not the sheik. sheik can go in and be gay. roy needs to mindgame and plan things.

so idk wut your talking about. unless you plan on needle camping, you wont be more

patient then any roy player.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
dude, you really do sound like a horrible player. i'm bored though so i'll entertain myself.

what are you talking about? so your thesis is sheik can't be more patient than roy because... sheik can get away with being lazy because she's a better character?

you're not even making any sense. what in the world is stopping me from just standing still, never approaching, charging / throwing needles and making him come to me, and just waiting for grabs and dash attacks?

considering that's exactly what my play style is, it won't be hard for me.

did you even watch sethlon v caveman? caveman was nooby and every time he was above roy kept trying to attack with random dairs and bairs, a lot of which weren't even spaced properly. that's impatience. i don't do that.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
so the 2nd best player in tx at the time was being nooby?

and wtf you play like a freakin homo then.

lol players that play just to win = gay

try and do something cool once in a while.

like not camping.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
so the 2nd best player in tx at the time was being nooby?
uhh yes. he's not a sheik main. it's really not that hard to believe. maybe you should stop appealing to authority and being so much in "awe" of these good players and actually analyze their game and see what they're doing and why they're doing it.

and wtf you play like a freakin homo then.
yep, i play extremely gay

lol players that play just to win = gay
no morals in smash

try and do something cool once in a while.
i ledge stall

like not camping.
no thanks, i stick to what i'm good at

Top Bottom