• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Hey guys try this code out.

Independent Pokemon [spunit262]
80000000 90180B48
80000001 90180BF8
60000003 00000000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1C00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 0000001E
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1D00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 00000020
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1E00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 00000022
E0000000 80008000
86000000 00000004
86000001 0000005C
62000000 00000000

I'll test it in a bit.

Edit: So I tried it out. This code rocks! You can practically play 4 characters!

What you have to do is highlight one of the 4 in the character selection screen.

Pokemon Trainer (Yes fatigue....pretty much the original Brawl character but it'll disable you from choosing your starting Pokemon)
Squirtle (No fatigue)
Charizard (No fatigue)
Ivysaur (No fatigue)

Oh yea and one more IMPORTANT thing: Independent Pokemons don't have the pokemon trainer available to them so their Down+B move doesn't do anything.

Guys. I believe this should be in Brawl+

And with this code enabled we officially have 40 characters in Brawl+ w00t!!

Newcomers -> Wild Squirtle, Wild Charizard, and Wild Ivysaur!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Very cool. :3 However before "adding" characters, we need to get codes such as hitstun complete. Really, I'm only saying this because of the 256-line restraint.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Very cool. :3 However before "adding" characters, we need to get codes such as hitstun complete. Really, I'm only saying this because of the 256-line restraint.
Well at the rate people are accepting codes (no tripping is teh ownly rel3vant h@ck!!11!1), this might actually be used. I know a lot of people have been wishing this was possible long before hacking came into play. I posted about it on the PT board, since I'm sure they'd like to know about this!

MuBa

Smash Lord
So it also keeps normal PT intact?
Yes Pokemon Trainer is still kept intact as the same character. So let's just say that if you want to have all 3 Pokemons available to you, it'll come with a price of having your Pokemons fatigued and having a random one chosen at the start of the match.

I'm not too sure about this but I believe when playing with INDIVIDUAL Pokemons, no weaknesses are applied, even against the Pokemon Trainer.

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
Does Pokemon Trainer still appear in the background when you're playing an individual pokemon? Just wondering.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Does Pokemon Trainer still appear in the background when you're playing an individual pokemon? Just wondering.
No he doesn't, hence why the Down+B move do absolutely nothing.

So that means when you press Down+B, the Pokemon Trainer triggers the game to load a new character, which concludes that his presence is required to change Pokemons.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well this Pokemon Trainer code is a great code that should be in a tournament it will be helpful specially with no fatigue.

MuBa

Smash Lord
So shall we agree that this code should be essential to Brawl+? You still retain the same Pokemon Trainer (except you can't choose your default Pokemon >_<) and 3 seperate characters (With an exception that Down+B does nothing...but then again there are a bunch of moves in Brawl that people don't use unless you wanna be funny or know it's going to work, e.g. Ganon's uptilt).

Ryuker

Smash Lord
It depends on the lines of code we have left. If one of the more essential changes can't be done cause of lack of space then no but otherwise I'm fine with it. Dunno about the rest.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Then obviously Brawl+ is not turning out what you want it to be. Stop supporting it. Stop coming in here and complaining about every code that someone suggests.

I'm personally sticking around til we get a nice library of codes so I can turn MY Brawl into something actually enjoyable. =p

You do realize that even with the codes we have now, and all the minute adjustments available, there will never be this "perfect standard" that everyone will be happy with. Even once we have codes for everything, people will still be whining about what should be used and what shouldn't.

The less Brawl feels like Brawl to me, the happier I'll be. Is that what everyone else wants? no. Unless I'm in ur house, hackin ur brawl (lol) why should you care?
If your a Ganon user I'll finally understand why you want Brawl+ this way and I care because I go to a decent amount of tourneys and if some of the crap becomes a standard I'm not even gonna be bothered with Brawl+.

homsar

Smash Ace
I care because I go to a decent amount of tourneys and if some of the crap becomes a standard I'm not even gonna be bothered with Brawl+.
Your joking right? You have to be joking when you think that some of this might become standard. Hell no it won't. You know why? Because the standard (as in most amount of tourneys) will always be brawl. Sure, a new set of rules and codes will become standard for the Brawl+ community but the Brawl community won't become the Brawl+ community and vise versa.

Its like how you have your 'Standard' brawl community and then you 'Item Brawl' community. Both seperate in how they play but still playing brawl. Brawl+ will just be the third pillar. Brawl, Item Brawl and Brawl+. Who knows, maybe an Item Brawl+ will emerge too.

Anyways, I started playing this today and hell yes. It keeps the unique feel of brawl while adding in the depth that I missed. Anyone who plays this in the GTA?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm gonna take brawl + with me to a dutch melee tourney on sunday. Players that will be playing it will be mostly dutch melee pro's. Any suggestion for questions that I should ask there opinion about? Or is there anything you want to know.
I'm not gonna be able to adjust the values on that day I think so I'm just using these settings:
PT code, MAD, L-cancelling, hitstun, gravity on 1.1 and damage modifier of 1.0625.

I'm not gonna let them use s-cancell cause I think it sucks myself cause of no lag meaning you always get a shield.

Just post suggestions if you want to know anything. I'm also gonna be recording vids of this.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Your joking right? You have to be joking when you think that some of this might become standard. Hell no it won't. You know why? Because the standard (as in most amount of tourneys) will always be brawl. Sure, a new set of rules and codes will become standard for the Brawl+ community but the Brawl community won't become the Brawl+ community and vise versa.

Its like how you have your 'Standard' brawl community and then you 'Item Brawl' community. Both seperate in how they play but still playing brawl. Brawl+ will just be the third pillar. Brawl, Item Brawl and Brawl+. Who knows, maybe an Item Brawl+ will emerge too.

Anyways, I started playing this today and hell yes. It keeps the unique feel of brawl while adding in the depth that I missed. Anyone who plays this in the GTA?
I WAS talking about the Brawl+ community, don't jump to conclusions. >_>

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
Can anyone get a video of this new PT code? I just want to see what it looks like.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So shall we agree that this code should be essential to Brawl+? You still retain the same Pokemon Trainer (except you can't choose your default Pokemon >_<) and 3 seperate characters (With an exception that Down+B does nothing...but then again there are a bunch of moves in Brawl that people don't use unless you wanna be funny or know it's going to work, e.g. Ganon's uptilt).
Sheik didn't have a downB in melee and she was top tier.

And marioblaze... seriously, stop complaining. Every one of your posts is about how much you hate the way brawl+ is going and how you aren't gonna play it if it keeps going like this. Just a little fyi, here: No one cares. Especially when it comes to auto vs manual LCs, considering it doesn't even change the way the game is played. You would be willing to drop brawl+ for one thing that does not even change the way people play the game. Do you have any idea how childish that sounds? Arguing for why something should or should not be in is fine. Bawwwwwing just because it isn't going your way is not. Furthermore... one person who is not even all that involved threatening to drop the project really isn't all that big of a deal. If you're going to quit, just do it. It'd be less annoying for the rest of us than having to put up with all your whining. So yeah... either start arguing with civility or just shut up.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
hey im prolly showing my friends brawl+ this weekend so what codes do u recommend and what values should i put in gravity modifier?

thx in advance

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
WARNING!! PLEASE READ!!

**The "Individual Pokemon" code semi-corrupts your save game. Please back-up your save game before using it.**

Okay, for starters, it does work and it is a great code. I've been using 3 separate codes up until now to achieve the exact same thing. But...

It will do 2 unintentional, somewhat unwanted things;

First, it will corrupt the name you play as, changing the last 2 letters into 2 solid blocks. eg. JOHN becomes JO[][], or something similar. This is purely cosmetic though, the name still works fine and won't crash or anything.

Second, it will corrupt the "My Music" for Delfino Plaza, Mushroomy Kingdom, Luigi's Mansion and possibly Final Destination. This will cause 3 things;

1. If you try to access any of these levels in the "My Music" menu, the game WILL crash/freeze. Plain and simple
2. Playing any of those levels may result in no music being played. Will not crash/freeze, unless...
3. Playing online. It will either kick you randomly from matches (not sure of the reasons), or freeze before getting into the match (probably due to being on one of the corrupted stages, mentioned above)

It is possible to reset the My Music data to restore your ability to play online, but the corrupted name is permanent unless you delete it and make it again. I'll happily give the info to anyone who wants/needs it.

Also, this code will not work for online matches anyway. On the chance you get to actually play a match, on the training screen with the Sandbag you'll have your "Wild" Pokemon, but once it gets into the match, it'll just be regular Pokemon Trainer with your starter of choice.

I've been a long time listener, first time caller to the Smashboards. I signed up here just to give you this warning.

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
Yea, the names aren't a huge issue, it's the other problems that are the major worrying part.

I assume you mean the 5 character Brawl names. Because if not, that's what I was talking about.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Oh, this is that same old code? I haven't tried it yet. And here I thought it was a new (non-buggy) code >_>

I tried out this code a while ago... I noticed the name thing then, too (although it isn't the last two characters iirc - it's specifically the 3rd and 4th), but never noticed anything dealing with the my music glitch. Granted, I don't usually play with music on or go to the my music screen, so that may be the reason!

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
There's pretty much no problem if you play strictly offline, and already have "My Music" setup the way you want it.

It's specifically the "character replacement" code that's causing the issues. Because the exact same thing happens if you, say, replace "Random" with "Giga Bowser".

I personally think it would be better if instead of the current code (which replaces "Start as Squirtle" with "Trainer independent Squirtle", "Start as Ivysaur" with ... etc.), someone creates a code/series of codes that removes the pokemon stamina and prevents the pokemon automatically changing when you get KO'd. That way you can main either the Trainer or the individual Pokemon without losing the ability to choose starters with regular Trainer, or concentrate on one Pokemon with another as backup, etc.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Sheik didn't have a downB in melee and she was top tier.

And marioblaze... seriously, stop complaining. Every one of your posts is about how much you hate the way brawl+ is going and how you aren't gonna play it if it keeps going like this. Just a little fyi, here: No one cares. Especially when it comes to auto vs manual LCs, considering it doesn't even change the way the game is played. You would be willing to drop brawl+ for one thing that does not even change the way people play the game. Do you have any idea how childish that sounds? Arguing for why something should or should not be in is fine. Bawwwwwing just because it isn't going your way is not. Furthermore... one person who is not even all that involved threatening to drop the project really isn't all that big of a deal. If you're going to quit, just do it. It'd be less annoying for the rest of us than having to put up with all your whining. So yeah... either start arguing with civility or just shut up.
How about you shut up ***? It's a forum, I can express what I want anytime I want, deal with it. Just because you want to make **** easier.

kupo15

Smash Hero
how is l canceling hard? Its like tying your shoes. Its a reflex and its annoying to do. Sometimes you mess up but its stupid having to do it everytime. Id rather them tie themselves.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Check MDK's thread in the Regions - Canada boards.

Can anyone get a video of this new PT code? I just want to see what it looks like.
It looks like you playing as One pokemon.

how is l canceling hard? Its like tying your shoes. Its a reflex and its annoying to do.
Missing an L-Cancel could make or break the stock/match. Being 100% efficient at it separates you from a whole group of players.

kupo15 said:
Sometimes you mess up but its stupid having to do it everytime. Id rather them tie themselves.
Oh, so you'd rather play an easy game like Brawl where you don't need tech skill at all? (Not bashing Brawl at all, just this guy. I know there are SOME technical aspects, don't kill me.)

Contradictory is silly.

:026: -SUP3RCANS1R

Alopex

Smash Ace
I personally think it would be better if instead of the current code (which replaces "Start as Squirtle" with "Trainer independent Squirtle", "Start as Ivysaur" with ... etc.), someone creates a code/series of codes that removes the pokemon stamina and prevents the pokemon automatically changing when you get KO'd. That way you can main either the Trainer or the individual Pokemon without losing the ability to choose starters with regular Trainer, or concentrate on one Pokemon with another as backup, etc.
The ideal would be that.

Keep switch possibility, remove stamina, remove switch on death.

Unfortunately, all those things are connected. Switch possibility causes switch on death which causes stamina reset and so forth and so on with other mechanics.

I get the feeling that PT codes will give many hackers a headache.

In all seriousness, I would buy a milkshake for every hacker that managed to make that ideal version of the PT.

I would buy a milkshake and a burger for every hacker that helped make a Shield Stun code and a stricter Perfect Shielding code.

Offers are only valid if codes aren't buggy. Heh.

Oh, so you'd rather play an easy game like Brawl where you don't need tech skill at all? (Not bashing Brawl at all, just this guy. I know there are SOME technical aspects, don't kill me.)
WarranThad in the Montreal Thread makes good points against an over-technical game. I don't see any merit to a game requiring ruthless technical skill. I say this because L-cancel in Brawl is not like Melee. It's a *****-and-a-half.

A game too technical is a game too intimidating. A game too intimidating is a game with less competitive players. A game with less competitive players is a game with less tournaments. Now why would you want that?

Wall teching is easier than L-canceling in Brawl. Make it at least as easy as wall teching and then we're talking a game with technical skill that remains accessible. Current Brawl L-canceling is not the droid you seek.

5ive

Smash Champion
The ideal would be that.

Keep switch possibility, remove stamina, remove switch on death.

Unfortunately, all those things are connected. Switch possibility causes switch on death which causes stamina reset and so forth and so on with other mechanics.

I get the feeling that PT codes will give many hackers a headache.

In all seriousness, I would buy a milkshake for every hacker that helped make a Shield Stun code and a stricter Perfect Shielding code.

I would buy a milkshake and a burger for every hacker that managed to make that ideal version of the PT.

Offers are only valid if codes aren't buggy. Heh.

Those are really good ideas:D

kupo15

Smash Hero
Check MDK's thread in the Regions - Canada boards.

It looks like you playing as One pokemon.

Missing an L-Cancel could make or break the stock/match. Being 100% efficient at it separates you from a whole group of players.

Contradictory is silly.

:026: -SUP3RCANS1R
So let me get this straight, I dont remember seeing you contribute in most discussions (or any) where we already established these things, and then out of the blue your telling ME i dont know what im talking about?Just making sure.

I dont like tech in games? Strawman much?

For those against the idea of auto l canceling, answer this post. It has YET to be refuted.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5830576&postcount=1197

MBlaze

Smash Champion
So let me get this straight, I dont remember seeing you contribute in most discussions (or any) where we already established these things, and then out of the blue your telling ME i dont know what im talking about?Just making sure.

I dont like tech in games? Strawman much?

For those against the idea of auto l canceling, answer this post. It has YET to be refuted.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5830576&postcount=1197
Dude some characters will some won't, we can't make everyone the the game equal. Some characters have projectiles, some don't. Some are faster, some are slower, you can't balance everyone, just perfect what we have..

kupo15

Smash Hero
Dude some characters will some won't, we can't make everyone the the game equal. Some characters have projectiles, some don't. Some are faster, some are slower, you can't balance everyone, just perfect what we have..
Ahh good idea, so we should hack features in the game that keeps the game imbalanced instead of balancing them? Yes, not all characters in fighting games are equal which is what makes a game interesting. But essential game mechanics is not what makes characters different. The strengths and weaknesses programmed into the characters such as being strong, projectiles ect are what makes characters different. Essential game mechanics are universal that everyone must do to compete. It worked in 64 and melee because everyone had to do it. It doesn't work in brawl because not everyone has to do it.

This type of segregation is not good. Your saying that its ok that lag canceling takes no skill for these characters but these ones need skill to cancel their lag. Am I missing something? :confused:

Top Bottom