• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Doubles:
1: Anthony Sucks (moose and Accelerate)
2: Broken Arrow (Ben and Chris)
3: Death from Above (Kustom and Bo0ker)
4: Manly Adventure (Paff and Arrow)
5: Siege Devyse (Sieg and Vyse)
5: Team Zeph (Brad and Rob)
7: Yoshi Extreme Squad (YES!) (Rune and DJ Cat)

Singles:
1: Amaterasu (Metaknight)
2: vyse (Diddy)
3: Scrubs (Wario/Falco)
4: Paff (ZSS/Peach)
5: Arrow (Snake)
5: Accelerate (ROB)
7: Sieg (ZSS)
7: Azure Rune (Wolf)
9: DJ Cat (ROB)
9: Kust0m (GnW/Marth)
9: l3o0ker (Olimar/IC's)
9: Moose (Marth)

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
soooooo... since we all tried it out. i think we can agree that all Metroid stages are gone from starters yes =D

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ill have to agree with booker on frigid orphen atleast..
the stage pwned him

also port town... hmmm counter pick? or demon cars that are bias to everyone but me.

i suspose shout out are in order.. eh later.

i am pretty happy with results could be better.. rob pwns me tho

the 1/2 of the manly adventure will be back i guess lol

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Ah, but you see, we can in fact not agree that the Metroid stages are not starter-worthy. :p

At the very least Orpheon is starter-worthy - people just need to learn which locations will cause the flip to kill them, and then avoid those locations when the siren goes off.

Brinstar might be a little bit debatable though.

Port Town's already counterpick. And as far as I can tell the cars are completely avoidable. You just have to play on that stage enough to learn when and where the cars are going to be.

And I think Japes should definitely be counterpick or banned now. The klaptraps do genuinely randomly hose people.

Also, I think I asked this before, but why does the Dedede rule not apply to Corneria?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Wtf is with Puzzle League lmfao.
Such a GAY game.
Oh well, I guess Anthony is third best, Ryan is second best and Chris is best.
Koolio.

Lol, PPL brackets.

I find it most unlikely but is anything gonna happen this weekend?
Although I think I'm supposed to be going out with some friends then anyway, mah.
But like I always do I just do whatever I have more impulse towards, lowl.

Holy **** my sister's dog ***** my neck and now I've got this HUUUGE claw mark down the side of my neck and also all over my stomach/chest.
Hahhh... Border Collies are cute. Even though this one is a little unable to control her insanity.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
so may i ask.... anyone that vsed my Olimar (that i picked up the day before) does it have potential? Im thinking about using it instead of Dedede.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Bruno is the best character to play as with Onyx.
Or Gary when he had Nidoking.
They have the most irritatingly scary growls. c:

Chris, have you gotten better at PPL, then?
I sort of wish I hadn't sold it because I did enjoy it...
But as with most games they're boring when you only play with either your brother or by yourself, unfun, need more variation, kthx.

So who's using who, now?
Chris, you used Metaknight, that is not kool.
Why not pick up someone else who's high-tier? (not top-tier)
MK and Snake are just ridiculous.
But I dunno, I haven't played your MK, but I know your Pikachu is made of annoying.
Good annoying, though.

Why do so many fkin things use Linkin Park's WHAT I'VE DONE so much more AFTER Transformers, lol, or maybe I've only just been noticing.

And yes, Lolly (the dog) has claws for a pen!s, which would also mean she's a hermaphrodite, lmao.
And that's a lot of pen!ses...
It's like 16-penetration at once, if you get my horrific drift.

Edit:

Wait a sec, Billy boy and Honey buns (Trent) came third?
I thought you two KILLED each other when you played in teams, hahah.
Awesome le shmawesome.

Sad I didn't get to go and play around with all of you, maybe next time.

Edit 2:

http://brawlfriendcodes.com/tournament-7-signups-t-1171.html
Did any of you get this and know what this is about?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I've gotten a lot more fluent at the N64 version, and am no longer trying to do combos that you can only do on the DS version, although there is still a lot of room for work
-Nontheless I think I can give you a big challenge next time we play =)
Squirtle and Psyduck are my PPL mains ^^

-Also, yes I used MK (mostly) for the tourney
-I have a certain attachment in the characters I pick, and I am a metaknight main and so I shall play him to the best of my ability, and if he kicks *** then all the better for MK since he rocks
-If I did use all the other characters I played, which I was happy to do so, It would not give people the chance to know what sort of player I am, and would be an insult to all the other QLD player's skill level for me to chose anyone else. I asked every person apart from Ryan who they wanted to vs, and told them that if they don't wanna vs MK then I would play someone else
-With Ryan, I chose MK first round to contrast it to a non-MK character for the second round since he thinks MK is broken - so I differed in that round to try to prove a point
-But yeah, I do play a tonne of characters, so I'd be happy to vs you with whatever tier character

-Oh and also, thx kust0m for hosting, it was really great to see some new faces, and to see how everyone had changed in brawl and melee =)
-I didn't really get to play everyone, but I was really impressed by the way doug's wolf is edging its way to the top, and how ZSS can be used so effectively, but all in all I think everyone was a big challenge to play which made it enjoyable

Edit: Nick, stop basing things off one match where you went double MK on one of the smallest brawl stages
-If you want to prove something, sit down and play through MK with me instead of forfeiting or shouting out degrading MK insults during matches
-I have offered b4 for you to go MK and for me to show you how to counter him, it's up to you to take it up
-Actually it is either that or you want us to acknowledge you as a wonderful intuitive brawl player, which if thats the case then fine - Chris says 'Nick is great at brawl', happy?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I like the part how me and ryan won doubles with double meta knight where i havent even touched meta knight prior to the set
I liked even better the part where Chris and Ben counter picked non-MK character and beat you. Then you guys counter picked stage against their non-MK character and beat you. Then you counter picked non-MK characters against them - You decided that MK was not broken enough to outclass player skill.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I liked the part best when Nick was trying to sleep in the morning and Micheal kept yelling at him and asking him questions. hahahhahahha

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
They succsefully counter picked a nub mk.....

then we counter picked with my best stage....

It was inevitible
Chris still made a very valid point by choosing Snake over MK.
He proved that MK is beatable without resorting to Ditto's.

No Johns. I invite everyone to play MK against me.
I'd prefer to actually learn the matchup than whine about it.

Tell me when MK either A) Breaks the game to a point where opponents can't play normally or B) Is unbeatable and I'll talk to you.

Maybe we should start using Shaya's Three Tier Tournament system. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about MK's dominance at all.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I hear my Meta Knight is unbeatable.
By anyone other than a grenade camping Snake. And even then, pssshhh good luck to them next time.
Thanks to Chris, MK has cracked 200 points. I made some silly assumption that the entry was $1 only though <3.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
firstly double metaknight is fine. it was just funny to see ryan and moose carry on about the ban XP

shout outs i guess.
kustom - nice house.. needs aircon tho, your g&w is really good

booker- your olimar is good it needs alittle work, maybe watch more combo videos work on your spacing and dont randomly throw pikmen. good melee sheik tooo way better than my melee anything

djcat- wow what can i say love the yoshi melee and brawl. also the n64 games are always welcome and epic. u gotta stop purposely tripping and get hit with the pan tho >:| nice melee falcon i hope my reaches that level. top tier PPL

scrubs- your wario is pretty good i find your falco much harder tho. good job with dodgeball even tho everyone was aiming for your knee (not really lol). mario tennis i was so rusty ill work on it i can bring gc version next time i guess. perfect dark i just fail.

moose- playing you and ryan was funny u have unique teamwork =P however i think u proved anthony suxs XP

ryan- cheers to our star dodgeball playa.. nice rob.. my only weakness which i epicly fail against =P <- high tier PPL playa

paff- thanks for teaming with me, we did pretty good together we need to work on tactics a little maybe and watch where we throw our items. nice melee aswell.. watchout for my marths forward smash XP

vyse- the meduim tier of PPL.. nice combo vid and match, really need to work on me vsing diddy.. ill come back stronger and with more cool guitar hero songs i guess =P

Chris- didn't 1v1 u i think maybe i did and lost eh i think it was close tho. i need moar practice =p sorry about the mcdonalds thing again i was starving XD i missed the smash 64 >.< also work on your teamwork with scrubs XD the epic port town counter pick wins it for me and paff XD

seig - high-meduim tier PPL.. its debatable depending on his combobility. man u are loud its cool tho. nice matches.

doug- i wanted to vs yoshi squad i would have picked yoshi :< we should talk about anime some time =P i watched some chaos head lol hes a nutcase in a nutshell in the matrix... u have a nice melee shiek

gords-.... lol you weren't there but apaprently u are god tier in PPL hence this shoutout lol

oo those guys team zeph - u guys were pretty good nice to play with 2

wow that took awhile probably missed out things 2 oh well

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Lol everyone is doing shoutouts

Ummm

GG Everyone

Thanks for hosting Trent and Billy

and I shouldn't have picked PEACH!!!

I am going 100% DK and Wario

Gords

Smash Champion
Pokemon puzzle league talk, cool.

I hope you guys bring that down to sydeny for dont come. I would love to play you guys. I didnt play nearly enough PPL last time I was up.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pokemon puzzle league talk, cool.

I hope you guys bring that down to sydeny for dont come. I would love to play you guys. I didnt play nearly enough PPL last time I was up.
I heard Gords was more OP than Kas and Chris at PPL.

THE GAMES BEGIN!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Sigh, sssiiiggghhh when people get competitive over the internet.
I sort of learned my lesson when I thought it would be funny to get all serious with Ryan about crap...
But... I mean... really.
Shut up.
=]
Just play the freakin' game oh my gooorrrddd.

PPL lowl.
HHHHMMMMM............... most annoying Pokemon in it isss... ... ...
Golbat, maybe? Has an annoying growl.
And it's good to hear you've learned how to do the combos/chains in it now, Chris. :D
I'm sure you'd be able to beat me more than I beat you, considering even when you didn't really know how to chain you were still beating me pretty well, lmao.

Pokemon SSSNNNAAAPPP! I just played it, best game ever, but 100 years too short.

29th, hey.
2 weeks away, hmm...
No plans as of yet.
Gay times yey.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I'll do Redcliffe shout-outs/thoughts on Friday.
For now....

Come Here And Play
Smash Together In Cat's Krib

(CHAP STICK)

When: Saturday the 29th of November. Dunno what hours, but probably simalar to Redcliffe, pre-lunch till you die ;):mad:

Where: My place, details for directionless people later.

What: Smash of course?
What else do people want?
Pokemon Puzzle League? Cricket? A Barbeque?

Who: You tell me! :embarrass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom