• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MYM 3.0 RESULTS

1. Lord Dracula by Chief Mendez

2. Cervantes by MasterWarlord

3. Headless Horseman by KingK.Rool

4. Donna Levman by Junahu
5. Gray Fox by Chief Mendez
6. Powers Kirby by KingK.Rool
7. Nightmare by MasterWarlord
8. Squeak Squad by KingK.Rool
9. Leonardo by TWILTHERO
10. Plusle & Minun by kitsuneko345

11. Phoenix Wright by Chief Mendez
12. Simon Belmont by Chief Mendez
13. Pidgeot by KingK.Rool
14. Nandaba Naota by Chief Mendez
15. Mia by TWILTHERO
16. Paper Luigi by SirKibble
17. Nintendogs by Iron Thorn
18. Andy's Toys by BKupa666
19. Shaman by Vaul
20. Voldo by MasterWarlord
21. Sandslash by SirKibble
22. Bass.EXE by Hyper_Ridley
23. Gecko Moria by KoJ
24. Street Performer by cheap josh
25. Light & Ryuk by MarthTrinity
26. Big Daddy & Little Sister by KoJ
27. Bard by Meadow
28. Fierce Diety Link by Kholdstare
29. Waddle Doo by SirKibble
30. Teigen by Iron Thorn
31. Delibird by kitsuneko345
32. Grim Reaper by KingK.Rool
33. Chun-Li by HeoandReo
34. Dry Bones by Iron Thorn
35. Tails by Dancingfrogman
36. CEO by cheap josh
37. Team Rocket by dancingfrogman
38. Team Big Shots by Commander Blitzkrieg
39. Sagi by TWILTHERO
40. Sora by Chief Mendez
41. Shade by Hyper_Ridley
42. Enker by Hyper_Ridley
43. Dan Hibiki by Heoandreo
44. Ray 01 by Delta_BP26
45. Drake & Josh by TWILTHERO
46. Dalek by KoJ
47. Goombella by Meadow
48. Ashencroft by Chris Lionheart
49. Magikoopa by KingK.Rool
50. Mewtwo by LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know, the posting of the results isn't nearly as exciting from this side of the fence. :ohwell:

Woot! A...list I saw come into being and was part of the formulation of...

Meh. Still, 'tis a good list. I'm glad I could sneak three movesets in there, and I'm proud to see Sandslash and Waddle Doo (what I feel are my two best movesets) make the list. I'm gonna up and guess that Paper Luigi's on there because of at least a few of my MYM2 buddies, particularly the ones who were more-or-less absent for much of this thread. I figure they might remember that one, since it was early in the contest. :)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
You know, the posting of the results isn't nearly as exciting from this side of the fence. :ohwell:

Woot! A...list I saw come into being and was part of the formulation of...

Meh. Still, 'tis a good list. I'm glad I could sneak three movesets in there, and I'm proud to see Sandslash and Waddle Doo (what I feel are my two best movesets) make the list. I'm gonna up and guess that Paper Luigi's on there because of at least a few of my MYM2 buddies, particularly the ones who were more-or-less absent for much of this thread. I figure they might remember that one, since it was early in the contest. :)
Ehehehehehe....^^;

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Come now, Smashbot. Let's not resort to name-calling. Some of these n00bs are actually quite talented. Some, not so much. . .but that's hardly relevant, is it now? :)

I personally greatly enjoyed your movesets, Smashbot226 and Cel Link in particular.

Besides, there's always MYM4. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You've already significantly improved Smashbot, although if you perhaps actually took some of the criticisms I gave you in my reviews of your movesets you might've been able to further increase your moveset quality.

No offense, but more subtle advertising probably would've worked better for you then all the whining/idle threats you made. . .

Still though I'm amazed your movesets didn't make it considering some others on it. In MYM 4, we'll have a more deeper voting system that won't rely so much on the fame of the movesets/how active and liked the creators of said movesets are.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I'm PRETTY sure I advertised. Like, every other post.

I just think everyone is voting for the hyped ones and not even bothering to look at the oft-mentioned fellows.

How in God's name would Tails get over Cel Link or Yoda? I mean, not to toot my own horn, but that moveset was okay. It wasn't awful. nor was it Dracula material (Which I wholly believe deserved firsWHYNOSAURON?!?)

But... if ANYBODy in the spectator stand took a notice at my rather irritating notices and took a LOOK at my movesets-

I'm rather positive I'd be seeing at least three of them up there.

So, I'm going to probably...

GO ON STRIKE. NO MOAR TEAM FORTRESS MOVESETS FOR YOU.

loljkchillenz

SirKibble

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Let the slamming begin...

PS: Do you guys realize how insanely awesome we are? We're about 50 posts shy of the number in the Official SSB4 Discussion Thread, and we've been around. . .not nearly as long.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I haven't even been to this thread much until last night, so I really don't know about what deserved to win or not.

I'm just happy for the people that won.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hmm, not much happened overnight. Kinda anti-climactic.

Anyway, let me just take this chance to say thanks to everyone who voted for me.

And to you people who didn't make it, I'm sure it was a close contest (one vote can always make a difference), and there's always next MYM.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
*ahem*

Mwomp mwonp mwooooooooonnnp....

Oh well, serves me right for not advertising.

But be warned, Bag-man will retuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrnnnnn.....!

:)

Congrats to all those who won.

D

Deleted member

Mendez, was the thread deleted or something? I get a 404. :ohwell:

Also, I didn't see any of my movesets on there. I told myself *sniff* not to cry if that happens. Don't BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :cry:

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm fully satisfied with Donna's placing. An OC in the Top5 really makes me feel like I've achieved something.

edit: Rockman, Barockman Obama, Forte, ProtoMan, Megaman9:Megaman, GalaxyMan. The blue bomber sure is going to be popular in MYM4. I wouldn't be surprised if TopMan got his own moveset.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
... ok serious question here..... DID ANYONE VOTE FOR ANY OF MY F........REAKING MOVESETS?? :)

am I really MORE ignored than smashbot?? (no offense lol) ~ really, look at my movesets & tell me that batman, lloyd & colette aren't better than at LEAST 10 movesets on that list. I'm really considering leaving this thread altogether now, not that anyone cares. When I put that much effort into making movesets and get NO recognition AT ALL, I just feel like I'm wasting my time here.... It seems that even though the commies are now deciding the winning movesets, they're still playing favorites :ohwell: /rant

@smashbot/ivoryflame/spadefawks/baron: we should start our own thread. It will be wai awsomer :p

Smady

Smash Master
Eh, I don't know if I'll do MYM4. I put aloooot of work into those 2 movesets for nil. I can't imagine going through the effort a second time. XD
Don't be like that! You may put hours into something for no one to pay attention to it for five measly minutes, you may be consistantly ignored and talked down to, you may be told smarmily to try better next time...

I forget my point. But it's not like this place has ever been different, especially these kinds of threads. I miss my old friends. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I forget my point. But it's not like this place has ever been different, especially these kinds of threads. I miss my old friends. :(
Does that mean that you're implying that this thread is unwelcoming? =/

I mean, a few people
SmashBrosMike, --WYD--, etc.
have been flamed, but come on, they deserved it. I think this thread is pretty cool, since we created a community in the community.
Okay, so I didn't win anything
again
, but that's not gonna stop me from contributing in the next contest.

I'll make high quality, and everyone will be baffled. And that's what you should do, as well.

Smady

Smash Master
Does that mean that you're implying that this thread is unwelcoming? =/

I mean, a few people
SmashBrosMike, --WYD--, etc.
have been flamed, but come on, they deserved it. I think this thread is pretty cool, since we created a community in the community.
Okay, so I didn't win anything
again
, but that's not gonna stop me from contributing in the next contest.

I'll make high quality, and everyone will be baffled. And that's what you should do, as well.
This place is unwelcoming and none of what you said disproves it. :laugh:

Yeah, I'll continue to contribute, but it is very disheartening to not be appreciated when you attempt these movesets. I also don't get how half the community is part of an 'upper' club, that is not democracy.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
HOLY S*IT!!!

LEONARDO GOT 9th place, Mia got 14th, Sagi got 39th, and Drake and Josh got 44th!!!!

Thanks to all who voted for me!!! Though i wonder why my Sagi is so low *is truly a Sagi fanboy*

Though i need to know, who voted for me?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
The Votes said:
35. Tails by Dancingfrogman
Woot Tails got there, I wonder how many people voted for it? I, personally think it should've been a little higher up (as I think it was my best moveset.), I'm an VERY sad that people ACTUALLY voted this moveset VVVVVV WHY?

The Votes said:
37. Team Rocket by dancingfrogman
It's my worse moveset in this thread, and it was only 2 places lower than Tails, my first thought was WTF? :confused::confused::confused:, why was Tails quite low (people forgot about it), why was Team rocket on there (people actually look at the first page and remembered?)?

Am I quater-loved around here or something? AT least my movesets actually got there, if that makes me feel better!

Overall, I was happy with the movesets on there, as they were highly desearved.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I personally thought there should be a top 1000 rather than a top 50. That would make a lot of people more happy I think.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
darkserenade said:
Edit: Does any sandbag know how many votes any of my movesets got? Probably zero.
Sorry, but we're not at liberty to say how many votes any specific moveset got. It just keeps things simpler that way. Though if you're really starved for attention, I remember counting a few vote for Decus.

Sonic the Baron said:
Mendez, was the thread deleted or something? I get a 404. :ohwell:
What, the 4chan thing? Yeah. That's just how the site works--after a thread goes past page 10, it's auto-baleeted. On a site like 4chan, and especially on a super-popular board like /v/, a thread can die in under an hour.

Smash Daddy said:
Yeah, I'll continue to contribute, but it is very disheartening to not be appreciated when you attempt these movesets. I also don't get how half the community is part of an 'upper' club, that is not democracy.
...Huh? I get the appreciation thing--that's always been a kind of problem, and it sort of comes with the territory, but I don't think any of us are on a higher position than anyone else.

@everyone who's disappointed: There's really nothing to say. I'm sorry you didn't get your name up there, but that's just how the vote came out.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
It's not your fault Mendez. Don't apologize.

I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who voted for Bass.EXE. At first I was really disappointed that he wasn't even in the top 20, but now I realize that if it weren't for the support that he DID receive, he would have placed even lower.

So again, THANK YOU. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT POST

@Spadefox: The main reason you didn't place was because you had so many movesets, with none of them sticking out as a clear best among them. A massive amount of your movesets got like 3 or so votes (I should know, I was the main one tallying), but none of them on their own skyrocketed up. Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, and the students were decently popular.

@Smash Daddy and Half Silver: I actually voted for Vivi and Batman. Smash Daddy, you didn't do that much advertising and came into the thread kinda late, so you wern't particularly well known enough to get a lot of votes, even though felt you should've placed somewhere with Vivi. Half Silver, some nuts actually voted for Stanley Yelnatz and not Batman, so that hampered you somewhat. Batman did indeed get a few votes, you aren't non existant.

@Dancingfrogman: I gave Tails a super vote and Metal Knuckles a regular one. I reviewed several of your movesets, I know them well. I'm somewhat annoyed by this as well. Team Rocket got so high solely because it was well known.

@Smashbot226's bashing of Tails: . . .That was one of my favorite movesets in the contest. There are far better movesets on that list to bash. Don't make me name them. . .

@Everyone complaining in general: It's not so much which movesets are the best that ends up determining it, it's which ones they remember. The people naturally end up remembering the movesets mad by the regulars due to them constantly being displayed in their sig and whatnot. Really though, most people just slap together a list lazily without much thought. Sonic the Baron gave my Voldo a super vote, but didn't vote for Cervantes or Nightmare. What the hell? Don't take these rankings too seriously. If I made my own personnal top 50, it would include all of you.

For those complaining that we had too much power over this, all we did was break ties for movesets with the same amount of votes. We had to cut three movesets from the list, not being the ones that you guys are asking about, and arranged the sections with those ties to what we felt was the best, not cutting any movesets.

If you wanna start your own contest. . .Good luck. The mods will just lock it and say to come to our topic. There's also a reason virtually every single person in the contest voted for Dracula, Cervantes, and the Headless Horseman. . .Try to improve to insure your spot on the list, and also be sure to stay active, Spadefox is a prime example of learning from his mistakes here. His new movesets will obliterate his past ones. I know this movement of quality movesets with lots of detail that I started will be hard, but please, it's for the best. It may seem challenging at first, but you'll be glad you did it in the end. Just make sure you actually stick around to ask for constructive criticism and ask for a review from us.

Thank you for your time.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
*reads what's happened since last night*

. . .

*is not looking forward to running MYM4* :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom