• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
dogy could prob just get a mod to un-sticky it or delete it then someone can just quote, copy, paste and

then you can use their account.

if you want you can use my account chris.

seem like a good guy, why not.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, i dont think that would be a good idea. Thanks a lot but I dont wanna risk getting your account banned also -.-

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
When does Dthrow>Fair work on fast fallers, or is that SUPER unreliable?
downthrow->works at like, 170 or so.

But ... you're looking to do u.throw fair, which is guarenteed 'round 90-105.

All you have to do is read DI. That's assuming you really give them a chance to DI. If you throw immediately after a grab, alot of people wont DI in time. (Read: Atrey)

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well i doubt your getting proper back.

lol i dont care about my account, its basically just to posts vids and talk crap.

even tho jonadiaper=sexy

but watever you want man. if u decide you wanna let me know

otg

Smash Master
I mean Desh, what we could do... although it's really gay, is just have me quote your ****, than copy/paste that ****. Get it unsticked and than resticky the new one. Fact of the matter is we might not be able to fix your situation and having someone with a steady account would make it easier. I'm not even volunteering (I just don't have the time), but it's an option. You put mad time into this and I would hate to see it go wasted.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh ****, looks like Desh got banned again. **** who is going to update the video thread now...

EDIT:

What's the word on Doc on Jungle Japes?
Japes Nonsense Video <- Longer than need-be, but hey, recover from right platform to left.

Na, but seriously; it's not a bad stage, but you have to have a reason to go there.

A reason would be

1) You're dying off the top too much.
2) You're fighting samus/link/y.link
3) You cant kill somebody, but you're landing alot of side ko moves.
4) You cant stop their low recovery.
5) You're getting ***** by a ground approach

All that being said, i still dont say japes is too great of a stage for doc.

One thing that does help japes though is the "Logical japes rule of stage control"

- If you want to live longer, go fight on the right side of the stage so you can ride the current down.
- If you want to kill your opponent faster, go fight on the left side of the stage so they cant recover low.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
hey if you guys wanna do that it sounds good to me :p
As long as it doesnt go to waste ya know?
But it pisses me off that im being pretty much harassed by a ****ing mod.
Ok, i got perma banned, i proved myself innocent (or at least proved what they had against me didnt make sense and wasnt possible), so even though they have no reason to keep me banned. they do.
So of course i make an alt account, who the hell wouldnt?
But the difference is
i know LOTS of people with alt accounts, wether it be for trolling, wether it be to continue posting after a ban, or for whatever reason they have. Even if a mod DOES KNOW, they dont do ****.
Im the only one that Wak ****ing goes out of his way to ban.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok so i have a really noobish question. If you don;t use your double jump but you use your upb to recover, but yu get hit without touching the ground, do you still have your double jump?
I really don;t know why i dont have the answer to this.

anyways, on a more doc-related note.
Did anyone know that doc can double jump out of a sh uair. Doesn't that mean he can also waveland out of one like he can with his bair.

otg

Smash Master
ok so i have a really noobish question. If you don;t use your double jump but you use your upb to recover, but yu get hit without touching the ground, do you still have your double jump?
I really don;t know why i dont have the answer to this.

anyways, on a more doc-related note.
Did anyone know that doc can double jump out of a sh uair. Doesn't that mean he can also waveland out of one like he can with his bair.
If you don't use your Double jump but Up B than yes, you will keep your second jump.

As for the SHUairWL.... I have tried to see if you can WL this on many many many occasions and I just don't think its possible. You can DJ out of a SH uair (although I'm not 100% on that either) so you would think you could WL but evidentally there isn't a big enough window of time to get a Waveland out of that. Honestly, if someone could figure out how to WL out of a SH uair Doc's combo game would become ********.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i know for a fact you can dj out of it, ive done it a few times, i just cant do the waveland so im not sure if thats possible. Even if it was it might not even be useful since it would so hard to pull off.

otg

Smash Master
i know for a fact you can dj out of it, ive done it a few times, i just cant do the waveland so im not sure if thats possible. Even if it was it might not even be useful since it would so hard to pull off.
I mean, if it was possible to do framewise, we should learn to do it. Think about it, Uair juggles would become too sexy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well, im goin on record and saying it's not possible. if you do an u.air off an edge with no ff, you cant airdodge till you're past the stage.

otg

Smash Master
well, im goin on record and saying it's not possible. if you do an u.air off an edge with no ff, you cant airdodge till you're past the stage.
Agreed, I don't think its possible. The way I tried doing it was standing right before the slanted edge on yoshis story (by the edge of the small platform) and doing a SH Uair backwards towards the edge so you could WL up the slanted edge... doesn't work there either.

Pine

Smash Ace
up b will always take away your second jump...it is a recovery move and exhausts you so you cant DJ again....

thats how the mechnics have always been

otg

Smash Master
up b will always take away your second jump...it is a recovery move and exhausts you so you cant DJ again....

thats how the mechnics have always been
Interesting... everything in my life feels wrong now. **** YOU PINE! But srsly though, I'm going to have to test this later. Seeing as how we use Doc and all... you end up using your DJ 90%+ of the time you recover.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Next thing you know, ya'll are gonna tell me you didn't know that DK loses his punch if he gets hit outta his Up+B

>.> ahem

otg

Smash Master
You learn something everyday, this was something I hadn't noticed before, but I guess it's because the situation never really arose in the years I've played this game. I'm sure it has, I probably just didn't make note of it.

Regardless, I'm going to test this whole Up B business right now.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
as dumb as ih tends to be (which is very often. XD) he is right about that one.

DK does indeed lose his charge if he gets hit out of his up+b. Same thing with samus and her chargeshot.

Top Bottom