• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
[B][COLOR=Yellow]Hit type for all attacks[/COLOR][/B]

XX
00 hit
01 none
02 slash
03 electricity
04 Ice
05 Flame
06 Coin
07 Cape
08 Slip
09 Sleep
0A none
0B impale
0C Stun
0E Flower
0F none
10 none
11 slash 2
12 hit 2
13 Darkness
14 Stun
15 Aura
16 Impale 2
17 Down
18 No Flinch

(no, unfortunately the Aura effect doesn't make 
all characters get stronger with more damage.)
[COLOR=Yellow][B]
Sound effect for all attacks
[/B][/COLOR] 
06200000 slash
07A00000 slash
11B80000 Fire
27A00000 Frying Pan
2BA00000 Tennis Racket
2DA00000 Aura
44200140 hit
46200000 slash
47A00000 slash
49A00000 Coin
79A00000 Electricity
85A01000 Darkness
86800000 Slash
8A200000 Screech Attack
8F2009E8 Electricity
90A00000 Fire
Thanks phantom wings

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Dont bring a Double Jump cancel for Yoshi and Ness....

If you mean doing an attack cancels the jump...plz no T_T.
Also apparently DJC already exists but it's unknown in how to activate it, as it apparently happens accidentally.

also...
....Melee Hookshot....probably Impossible....but if it was at all possible......
I'd like to see it.

Also more lag after Air dodging code.
>.>...also...if it was possible to buff all momentum based recoveries in one code (though it might not be)
That would benefit a considerable amount of people....especially Link.....and if it did so....Link could then while still not being as great as others in recovery be efficient enough that he wouldn't be significantly crippled by recovery...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
[COLOR=Yellow][B]
Hitbox Property Mod Data[/B][/COLOR] [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
065A9800 00000014
[COLOR=Red][B]GG[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta][B]HH[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Lime][B]II[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]JJ[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple][B]KK[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]LLL[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][B]MMM[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Pink][B]NN[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=PaleGreen][B]OO[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=SandyBrown][B]PP[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Plum][B]QQ[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=LightBlue][B]RRRR[/B][/COLOR]0000
[COLOR=Navy][B]SSSSSSSS [/B][/COLOR]00000000

[COLOR=Red][B]GG [/B][/COLOR]character id
[COLOR=Magenta][B]HH [/B][/COLOR]original damage
[COLOR=Lime][B]II [/B][/COLOR]original KB gain
[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]JJ [/B][/COLOR]original Base KB
[COLOR=Purple][B]KK [/B][/COLOR]original Element
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]LLL [/B][/COLOR]original launch angle
[COLOR=Sienna][B]MMM [/B][/COLOR]action id
[COLOR=Pink][B]NN [/B][/COLOR]new damage
[COLOR=PaleGreen][B]OO [/B][/COLOR]new KB gain
[COLOR=SandyBrown][B]PP [/B][/COLOR]new Base KB
[COLOR=Plum][B]QQ [/B][/COLOR]new Element
[COLOR=LightBlue][B]RRRR [/B][/COLOR]new launch angle
[COLOR=Navy][B]SSSSSSSS [/B][/COLOR]new SFX[COLOR=LightBlue][B]

Launch angle is in degree and some values over 360 have special 
meaning (361=20, 362=0, 363=270, 364=10? 365=no launch)[/B][/COLOR]
Hitbox mod code

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
As for the Double Jump Cancel System...I think that would beneit Lucas, Ness, and Yoshi most definitely.
No way. If there's one thing I like better about Brawl Ness, it's that he can recover from below the ledge with a rising DJ fair. I would hate to see that go...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
[COLOR=Yellow][B]Camera properties [/B][/COLOR][spunit262; phantom wings] 

48000000 80b8a428
De000000 80008180
58010000 00000078
De000000 80008180
16000010 00000030
[B][COLOR=DarkRed]42a60000[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]447a0000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]3d4ccccd[/COLOR] [COLOR=Pink]3d4ccccd[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]00000000[/COLOR] [COLOR=Olive]00000000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]00000000[/COLOR] [COLOR=Lime]Bdb2b8c2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Teal]3f060a92[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]3f800000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]3f800000[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]3f800000[/COLOR][/B]
E0000000 80008000

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]Zoom In Restriction:[/COLOR][/B] Limits how far the camera is allowed to zoom in.
[B][COLOR=Red]Zoom Out Restriction:[/COLOR][/B] Limits how far the camera is allowed to zoom out.
[B][COLOR=Magenta]Y Angle Restriction:[/COLOR][/B] Limits how far the camera is allowed to angle itself on the Y axis.
[B][COLOR=Pink]X Angle Restriction:[/COLOR][/B] Limits how far the camera is allowed to angle itself on the X axis.
[B][COLOR=DarkOrange]X Offset:[/COLOR][/B] Offsets both the camera and death boundaries along the X axis.
[B][COLOR=Olive]Y Offset:[/COLOR][/B] Offsets both the camera and death boundaries along the Y axis.
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Unknown:[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=Lime]Camera Base Y Coord:[/COLOR][/B] Sets the base Y coordinate for the camera.
[B][COLOR=Teal]Aspect Ratio:[/COLOR][/B] Adjusts the aspect ratio for the field of vision.
[B][COLOR=Silver]Camera Move Speed:[/COLOR][/B] Sets the speed in which the camera is allowed to move at.
[B][COLOR=Blue]Display Restriction:[/COLOR][/B] Sets the minimum amount of the battle that must be displayed at all times.
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Unknown[/COLOR][/B]

If you want the camera to display more excess of the field ([I]i.e. when you're character faces towards the side of the screen.[/I]) just increase the Display Restriction value to something like 40200000.
Camera code

Deltar

Smash Rookie
Where can I find all the codes that are considered perfect in the first post?

ZeroFrames

Smash Cadet
Dont bring a Double Jump cancel for Yoshi and Ness....

If you mean doing an attack cancels the jump...plz no T_T.
Also apparently DJC already exists but it's unknown in how to activate it, as it apparently happens accidentally.
The DJC would make Yoshi
1. more Technical
2. more Fun!!!
3. He would be A LOT better ^^

and in my opinion, the Recovery of the Egg Throw sucks hard!
I know that i will never accomplish with that but i really want a Yoshi who doesnt make such a stupid jump when he Recovers... what ever ^^

another Thing for all characters:

Edgehogg... i dont really know, it could also be the slower Gameplay of Brawl, but i think there are far too much EdgeHoggFrames or stunning Frames after EdgeHogg
I dont really know, but it could give the Game more Speed#

oh... and i forgot:

when I want to do a Wavedash off from a plate, i dont fall off from it.
Also the reversed WD to the Edge for EdgeHogging.
Could this be fixed >.<?

(oh man, there are so many things I want >.<)

kupo15

Smash Hero
You have to give credit to the person who made the code.
I didnt know who it was
Which would be brkirch. :p
thanks
Where can I find all the codes that are considered perfect in the first post?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200084 But its not up to date and it should be
The DJC would make Yoshi
1. more Technical
2. more Fun!!!

I know that i will never accomplish with that but i really want a Yoshi who doesnt make such a stupid jump when he Recovers... what ever ^^
Yoshi really needs DJC. Ill add it to the list but individual character stuff are the last things to be added.
Could this be fixed >.<?

(oh man, there are so many things I want >.<)
It can, but its not high priority right now. We still need codes we are lacking first. Also, if you want wding to be perfect, you are going to have like no lines of code left for anything else..just saying

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Fix the teather syestem and o let it grab anything like in melee. an edge hogger's nightmare :-0

MookieRah2

Smash Cadet
You have to give credit to the person who made the code.
Don't you think that is a tiny bit ridiculous?

Also, Kupo, could you do everyone a favor and actually post the codes you refer to in all your threads in the first page? Seriously, I had to search for a long, long time to get all the **** codes because nobody is updating the Brawl+ code threads and just posting them randomly in long *** threads.

I would make a new thread, but I'd rather do that when I can actually post on my real account once they fix my permissions problems.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Well, char specific things will be last...if at all. But whats wrong with Yoshi cancling his double jump into aerials? His strategy relied on that.
Because with Footstooling.....I enter attacks immedietly as I jump sometimes to prevent footstools (not all the time, as that gets predictable)......but eh....sometimes it's useful to attack as soon as you jump....if you could DJC like someone said by say...pressing jump a 3rd time =P, that be cool.
Hook shot may be possible, but you probably would have to disable auto sweet spot to ledges which I know some link players may not be happy with since tether hogging will be gone.
Aww....Dam...

And you mean allow link to keep his momentum to his up b instead of it changing? or add momentum?
Lots of Up Specials are based off momentum and more specifically, gravity.
If you go to Heavy Brawl, you'll notice both Link and Sonic (and others) recovery's get totally....*****. While those that are not based off gravity, such as Snakes are fine.
If it was possible so that Gravity was reduced Only for Up specials.....
It would make it slightly harder to edgeguard however, generally everyone would have viable recovery's. While tethers such as Ivysaur and Olimar don't exactly benefit from this, There recoveries are generally viable anyways, as Olimar is light...and Ivysaur has like....2 other characters he could be, and Tether recovery doesn't mean insta death.

The DJC would make Yoshi
1. more Technical
2. more Fun!!!
Yoshi already has 1 of the most technical character specific AT's in brawl.
Eh depends...sometimes DJC was annoying....if it could be implemented in a way that didn't interfere with the way Brawl Yoshi works...like say what someone suggested before...pressing Jump a third time, it would have a technical aspect and at the same time, not interfere with Yoshi's accidentally, thus providing options.
He would be, but only if it didn't interfere by accident.....Im sure you know for instance how annoying accidentally Egg rolling is >.>

Well if Gravity for all Up Specials was reduced... (just the Up special)

Edgehogg... i dont really know, it could also be the slower Gameplay of Brawl, but i think there are far too much EdgeHoggFrames or stunning Frames after EdgeHogg
I dont really know, but it could give the Game more Speed#
I like the way edgehogging frames work here, makes recovering a bit difficult and some people have simply stellar recoveries >.> Why make it easier for them.
For those who have difficult recoveries.... it wouldn't do much to reduce the frames IMO.

Could this be fixed >.<?
Real yoshi mains DR.

......though I can't DR......
[/QUOTE]

IMO general codes I'd like to see.

Reduced Gravity for Up Specials.
Larger lag after Air dodging
Air dodge invincibility replaced with SA frames instead.
Air dodging only once, but still works the same as brawl.
Footstools can be Airdodged out of.
Fast fall speed increased
Dash dancing.
Everyone can Wall Jump (lawl is this possible?)
Ya some of those have been said already.

Also everything to do with the air dodging stands by it's own...im not combining them =P.

Character specific.
Melee Hookshot!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
[B]Camera properties:[/B] [spunit262; phantom wings] 
48000000 80B8A428
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000078
DE000000 80008180
14000010 [COLOR="DarkRed"]42a60000[/COLOR]
14000014 [COLOR="Red"]42a60000[/COLOR]
14000018 [COLOR="Magenta"]3D4CCCCD[/COLOR]
1400002C [COLOR="Lime"]BDB2B8C2[/COLOR]
14000034 [COLOR="Silver"]3F800000[/COLOR]
14000038 [COLOR="Blue"]3F800000[/COLOR]
E0000000 80008000
Zoom In Restriction: Limits how far the camera is allowed to zoom in.
Zoom Out Restriction: Limits how far the camera is allowed to zoom out.
Y Angle Restriction: Limits how far the camera is allowed to angle itself on the Y axis.
Camera Base Y Coord: Sets the base Y coordinate for the camera.
Camera Move Speed: Sets the speed in which the camera is allowed to move at.
Display Restriction: Sets the minimum amount of the battle that must be displayed at all times.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Hazzah! your like a brawl plus fairy kupo 15 this is exatly what i was looking for XD

Magus420

Smash Master
Stupid stuff

-No SA on grabs
What exactly is this referring to? If you're talking about how both the grabbing and the grabbed character receive no hitlag/knockback if hit on the exact frame the grab connects I don't think it's something that needs to be fixed. If you're talking about the dumb crap where the higher numbered controller port player gets zero knockback if hit during a grab with a lower ported player then I agree.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
No triple jump glitch?

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but what is the triple jump glitch? The information provided mentions a few characters that it effects, but I still don't understand what the glitch is. Also, so the point of this code is correcting a game flaw (the glitch)??

Decible

Smash Rookie
I think brawl + should be melee with brawl characters lawl. Sounds incredibly fun I am all for this project ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kupo15

Smash Hero
What exactly is this referring to? If you're talking about how both the grabbing and the grabbed character receive no hitlag/knockback if hit on the exact frame the grab connects I don't think it's something that needs to be fixed. If you're talking about the dumb crap where the higher numbered controller port player gets zero knockback if hit during a grab with a lower ported player then I agree.
I was referring to how an Ike Fsmash for example gets overridden by a grab when in melee, both players were sent flying. Is this something that should be fixed later on? Is port priority something that can get fixed? I would like that out of the way.
No triple jump glitch?

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but what is the triple jump glitch? The information provided mentions a few characters that it effects, but I still don't understand what the glitch is. Also, so the point of this code is correcting a game flaw (the glitch)??
Did you perform the test? Its hard to explain but you will understand it better if you do it yourself. Maybe I will make a vid of it

Magus420

Smash Master
What exactly is bad about the second one? I actually think it's either a neutral change or maybe even a slight improvement if anything. Before when a grab traded with an attack, the grab had absolute priority and the grabber would land the grab and not take any damage at all from the attack. Here they trade and get the grab but also take the damage from the hit before entering the grab catch animation. I see it as somewhat of a balance to them making the average grab come out 1 frame faster than before.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I thought in melee in these situations that both would fly away unless Im thinking of another situation. If so, then this is no big deal. I just found it odd how this happens and thought it was another dumb mechanic of brawl's

EDIT:
I updated the triple jump glitch code. It now contains no jab/laser locking.

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
Vis-a-vis the whole "Auto/Manual L-canceling" debate, at first I was appalled to see auto L-canceling suggested but the arguments of those in favour have convinced me otherwise.

They are right. L-canceling adds nothing in terms of options or strategy to Brawl and is just something which becomes automatic and easy. I soon realised that the only reason I wanted manual L-canceling was because of the hours I spent practising it in Melee.

It took a huge amount of practice before I mastered it, and then much more to get used to L-canceling specific aerials (like C.Falcon's dair which required very specific timing), but after I did the sense of accomplishment was worth it. And that's the thing: it does require skill, and we want to add skill (yes, technical, not only strategic) to Brawl. I still think manual L-canceling would be a good hack for Brawl+ as it would add technical skill as a prerequisite. However, L-canceling eventually becomes, as has been pointed out, second nature, a matter of muscle memory requiring very little or no thought.

As Brawl+ is shaping up to be a more fast-paced, technical game than Brawl in general, I think it might turn out to be unwise to add extra technical requirements. Adding in auto L-canceling would simplify matters, allowing players to focus on other technical aspects of the game which Brawl+ will introduce, as well as strategy.

So, while I would personally like manual L-canceling in, I understand the points of people who are in favour of auto L-canceling and would welcome it if it were included in Brawl+.

P.S. Yes, "favour" has a "u" in it, except in American English.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
You know I never even realized that...

Sweet, and now there's a code to fix it!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Needed:

Names in replays in addition to limitless
Pervect hitstun
Perfect (Manual) L cancelling
Shield Stun
1 Brawl air dodge

No need for:
Melee Air dodge
Auto L cancel
Screwing with characters, getting out of hand

imo
What? We needz the wave-dashinks!! WE NEEDZ IT! Rawr!!!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Kupo, do you still have the original code for no triple jump? The one before the addition of no locks? I actually like locks, they're situational, and rather difficult to pull off. Also, they are all avoided if the enemy techs... So I don't really see why these should be taken out. Also, does the new code remove the Ice Block lock?

Almas

Smash Lord
No Triple jump glitch (FireC)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0016 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

EDIT: That said, there are ways of forcing certain lock comboes, such as the ice climber's lock. A player of sufficient skill can do it every time. While it's true that an ice climber player can also 0-death anyone if they are good enough, getting them into the ice block lock is significantly easier.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, do you still have the original code for no triple jump? The one before the addition of no locks? I actually like locks, they're situational, and rather difficult to pull off. Also, they are all avoided if the enemy techs... So I don't really see why these should be taken out. Also, does the new code remove the Ice Block lock?
Yea, good Idea. I should also include the two codes separately

kupo15

Smash Hero
Why remove jab locking? How about taking out those standing release grabs instead.
Well, esp since at the moment its very easy to miss a tech, ppl like Falco and IC can laser/icicle lock you really easily. I think that locking is just stupid in general similar to DDD's CG. It takes no skill and you lose the lock if you mess up, your opponent has no influence on stopping the lock. Your opponent might as well throw there controller on the ground until your done. But you can choose if you want one or the other or both.

Why remove jab locking? How about taking out those standing release grabs instead.
If you take those out, then you can infinitely grab attack them to 999 and throw them to their doom

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
If you take those out, then you can infinitely grab attack them to 999 and throw them to their doom
Sorry, I meant the deathgrabs, such as those on Ness,Lucas and Wario. Replacing the release animation with spot dodging or even standing might suffice.

Top Bottom