• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
*Is reading Guntz*

Spadefox said:
D Tilt: Crossbow
Guntz gets out a crossbow and aims onto the floor, quickly shooting a bolt diagonally downwards. This move has very good range, and is extremely quick, however has a little startup lag. It does average knockback and along 12-15% damage. The bolt keeps sticking in the ground for 10 seconds, causing everyone to walk over it to trip. This move is very useful due to its range and speed, however, lacks a bit in power and its punishable, as well. Even then, though, the lag is not that strong in comparison to other of Guntz moves.
This is so overpowerd it's not even funny. Ridiculously fast, ridiculously good range, and ridiculously good damage. It needs more lag or less damage, pronto. I could win a match using only this move.

How long should I wait before posting my other movesets?

If you haven't already, check out my new SSE Chapter. This means you, Sir Kibble, Blitzkrieg and K. Rool. Click my siggy. Movesets from all of you are in it.

Speaking of my siggy, it now links to a link up space that actually has links to my works now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The Specials are fine. They're not boring by any means; they're just not as great as the rest of the set, which is actually really great. My only problem with the Hunter Kick is that it's a decent attack - very speedy - even without sweetspot. And the whole balance thing with Guntz is that he's slow.
One quick attack doesn't make his moveset unbalanced, though. Besides, he's a light weight. Most powerful characters are heavy. Guntz is easily knocked out, he's lighter than any of those powerhouses and has a horrible (vertical) recovery, and the fact almost ALL of his attacks are so easily punishable doesn't help that fact. One quicker move actually makes him more diverse, because otherwise he'd be way too underpowered. His moves may look insanely strong at the first glance, but you should always keep the other side of the coin in mind. Which is in Guntz' case: once you get him out of his attack barrage, you have an easy game with him, because he can hardly fight back.

Edit: @MasterWarlord:
Oh, wow... never thought of that one. Thanks for pointing that out. I won't change it now, though, since it's 1 AM and I have to work today... I'll be changing it tomorrow.

Edit 2:
Screw that, I've changed it now. Better, MasterWarlord?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Row Row Fight The Powah

ANONYMOUS

A must-read for YouTube Poop lovers and those who like Internet memes like "It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!" I think this is my best moveset for MYM4, and so do other people.

.......WHOA Kholdstare. Pretty freaking awesome from what i'm seeing. When you said it was Anonymous though, i thought that it was a secret character, not the literal character XD

Anyway from just a skim, the only thing i don't like about it is that you switch from 1 color to another. Other than that though, it looks pretty awesome.

Great job.
It's a great moveset, but seriously I had no idea what was going on. Just separate that passage about the costumes from the intro and make it bigger (font-size), then put the costumes below it and you'll be solid.
That looks pretty awesome, Kholdstare. Unlike SOME PEOPLE, I picked up right away that he essentially has five different movesets. Very neat.

Piece of apparently forgotten MYM lore: The #1 moveset in MYM 1.0 was an Anon moveset. And it was baaaaad. And even more so next to this.
Anonymous is... cool? It's certainly original. five different movesets in one!
Anoymous was also greatness, and I'm surprised how many of the jokes I got. . .Needs less cats though.
That moveset was EPIC....
KingK.Rool's Review said:
...on the whole, though, it’s exactly these subtleties that make me love the character. This is, through and through, five characters in one, but it’s more; it’s five excellent characters in one. They all have their unique and awesome attacks, and are hilarious to boot. Definitely one of my more favourite sets in the contest so far, and I’d suggest (maybe closer to the end of the contest) going back and fixing all the stuff I’ve mentioned, adding the stuff I’ve mentioned, and you’ve got yourself a Top 50-quality set right here.
WIZ

This one took me about three days, but I think it's on the same level as Anonymous. I stole BKupa's thunder with it, then Kits stole mine! lol.

wiz was awesome
Two awesome characters in, like, an hour!! 'Tis a good day to die for MYM!!

Excellent work, both of you!! :bee:
@ Kholdstare: Excellent job. Unfortunately I can't say much other than that due to the fact I'm not familiar with the Wiz. However, he does look like a great character to play as.
And all of the movesets look nice at a glance, I'll have to read more about them later; I particularly enjoyed Wiz, seeing as that was the only moveset I recognized (Sorry, any Hercules/Phoenix Wright fans.).
@Wiz: Very cool! A few things, though:
-What's a Bronto Burt? :confused:
-What exactly is the range on the Side-B?
-LOL nice Yu-Gi-Oh! references. I like Magical Hats; I was going to use a similar move for Yugi
-The Smash attacks are really cool, but seem too weak, to me at least
-Some Final Smashes seem a bit...graphic?

Other than that, Wiz looks really fun and interesting! Good job.
SHADOW BEAST[/SIZE]

A common and annoying but vital enemy in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I gave this character a reverse Ice Climber mechanic with more Shadow Beasts being added at higher levels and a giant wall of purple text. Many said this was my best moveset yet.[/CENTER]

Shadow Beast was fun Kholdstare!
Shadow Beast's awesome, Kholdstare, but now I'm allergic to purple...
Ah...Shadow Beast. So much fun killing that beast with Link.

Anyway, that moveset is looking awesome from just a skim. And i lol'd at the codec.
Shadow Beast is excellent, very true to character with what was taken from the game and rather creative (yet still in character) for all the things you made up.
Shadow beast was very good, Khold. I love the idea of summoning a second beast by your side a la Ice Climbers and the Up tilt seems badass with two more of them out by your side. Just one question... if you die at 200%, do he two extra beasts stay on the field?
@shadow beast: awesomeness!!! this is definitely getting a vote fro.................... uh........... me. yeah. even though he 'tackleglomps' the last moveset I'm gonna submit in this MYM, I'll still vote for him :dizzy:
@Kholdstare: I love the inverse Ice Climbers mechanic, I hope the Shadow Beast has super armor while shreiking though, because it sounds punishable.
Shadow Beast! You caught me off guard with this one, Khold. Since I need to get some sleep now, I only read the mechanic, which is very interesting AND fitting. I'll be sure to comment more once I fully read it, which I will, since TP is so awesome and all. :bee:
Twilight Beast was great too. Very well-detailed and true to character. I loved his special mechanic as well.
I totally read Shadow Beast.

The Up-B is simply phenomenal. The stage sucking thing is great and makes him very unique. The others are nice too, especially the Side-B but the up remains the best. The other moves are nice too, like F-Tilt or Up-Smash. REALLY needs a playstyle section. If you ad that I could vote for it...
Ah, the Shadow Beast from Twilight Princess. Maybe your best, Khold. The adaptations of the portals are genius, and the entire moveset is well-inspired. Some presentations quirks are irritating, namely the INYOURFACE purple and the lack of proper paraphrasing in parts, and I think some pictures were definitely in order as well as a playstyle section. However, the moveset itself is good. :chuckle:
Shadow Beast was one of your best movesets Kholdstare :).

A few moves were a little underdetailed, but that doesn't stop it from being great.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Light Samus, the Ing Slayer

“…”

==================================================
Bio
Light Samus is Samus Aran in her ability altering light suit. The suit takes away power, but gives samus more of a quick hitting feel. The light suit was necessary for exploring Dark Aether. And also needed to face the Ing Emperor and Dark Samus in the Sky Temple. In her light suit, Samus’s attacks have changed to faster and more flexible alternatives. Most of her stronger projectiles are now long-range stunners.

Stats

Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5
Recovery: 4/5
Throws: 3/5
Projectile: 3/5
Control: 2/5

Weak Attacks

A: Samus punches with her cannon, doing electric damage. Low knockback, 3%.

Up Tilt: Samus shoots light energy from her cannon and sweeps it over her head. Low knockback, 7%.

Forward Tilt: Samus kicks the opponent. Low knockback, 7%.

Down Tilt: Samus does a leg sweep. Low knockback, 11%.

Dash Attack: Samus tries to impale the opponent with her cannon while running. Low knockback, 5%.

Ledge Attack 1: Samus's suit gives off sparks while she gets backk on stage. Low knockback, 11%.

Ledge Attack 2: Samus swings her feet into the opponent's face and lands on the stage. Low knockback, 16%.

Smash Attacks

Up Smash: Samus shoots an uncharged light shot upwards. Low knockback, 10%.

Forward Smash: Samus shoulder-rams the opponent, sending them back. Medium knockback, 17%.

Down Smash: Samus releases light discharge around her feet. Low knockback, 13%.

Special Attacks

^B: Light Warp
Samus teleports in the direction of the tilted control stick in a flash of light. No damage is dealt to nearby enemies. The recovery goes about as far as Farore’s Wind, but is slightly less controllable.

>B: Sunburst

Samus shoots a gigantic blast from her light beam that slowly moves toward the nearest opponent. The sunburst acts as a slow homing smart bomb. It follows one opponent, and if it hits them it expands and blows up dealing up to 45% damage. Sunburst, however, also blows up if it hits items or platforms. High knockback.

vB: Annihilator

Samus shoots a steady beam from The Annihilator that acts like a number of other attacks. Like bowser’s fire breath it can be aimed up or down. Like Shiek’s chain, it tries to hold enemies in place and get dozens of hits. If the enemy gets caught close to Samus, they could take up to 25% damage. The Annihilator does no knockback other than pushing the opponent out of the beam slowly. Its damage is simply 1%, but if it traps someone that number rapidly multiplies.

B: Light Beam

Samus begins charging the light beam. The attack resembles and has the same physics as the charge shot, except for one big difference. When fully charged, Samus fires the light beam and a large, long wad of light spews out. When it hits an opponent, they get stunned by the light as if it were a deku nut. The attack does no real damage, but it leaves the enemy WIDE open.

Final Smash: Ing Slayer
Samus charges up her arm cannon, and several more cannons branch out in a circle around it. The cannons in the circle are the missile launcher, power beam, dark beam, annihilator, and phazon beam. Samus begins firing all of these weapons off straight ahead. The projectiles move through not-solid platforms and go all the way off screen. Samus can still aim the attack up and down, and if she aims all the way up she can turn around. The final smash has much more power and knockback than the zero laser, and doesn’t turn LS into Zero Suit Samus. The attacks all do electric, fire, dark, explosion, and poison damage to the opponent, and if they got caught in the middle of all of it they would take upwards of 100% damage. The final smash, however, is not as TALL as the zero laser, so it’s easier to miss an opponent. However, it also lets it move faster. The Ing Slayer, when done shooting projectiles, will attempt to finish the enemy with an “Omega Missile.” However, if the opponent gets stuck in the top or the bottom and not in the center, the missile will miss and the opponent won’t go flying anywhere.

Aerials

Up Aerial: Light Samus points her arm cannon upwards and sparks shoot out. Low knockback, 12%.

Forward Aerial: Light Samus spin-kicks the opponent. Low knockback, 14%.

Back Aerial: Light Samus does a flip and slams her feet down on the opponent. Low knockback, 12%.

Down Aerial: Light Samus stops in the air and drops down hard. Low knockback, 13%.

Neutral Aerial: Light Samus does something resembling the screw attack for electric damage. Low knockback, 8%.
Throws

Grab: Samus uses a yellow version of the grapple beam.

Grab Attack: Samus punches the opponent in the stomach. 2%.

Up Throw: Samus chucks the opponent up, jumps onto her hands and kicks the opponent upwards. Low knockback, 7%.

Forward Throw: Samus uses the grapple beam to shove the opponent forward and then throw them onto the ground. Low knockback, 14%.

Back Throw: Samus throws the opponent over her shoulder. 5%.

Down Throw: Samus lets the opponent go, they fall to their knees, and they take 6% damage.

Taunts + Victory Poses

Up Taunt: Samus points her cannon upwards and a shower of light sparks come out.

Side Taunt: Samus points her cannon forward and fake-charges the omega missile.

Down Taunt: Samus catches her breath and returns to fighting.

Victory 1: Samus points her cannon down the row of losers.

Victory 2: Samus waves to the screen, but stops as an ing runs by behind her. She then follows it off screen.

Victory 3: Samus provokes the runners up and fires the Omega Missile upwards.
Other

Idle Pose: Light Samus faces forward with her gun and her hand to her sides.

Losing Pose: Light Samus claps briefly and then just stares at the winner(s).

Shield: Samus holds her hand to the chest of her armor and the shield forms.

Forward Roll: Samus does a flip and turns around in the air.

Back Roll: Samus jumps backwards.

Dodge: Samus side-steps in standard format.

Air Dodge: Samus dodges in the air, but remains in a battlep-ready stance.

Dizzy: Samus simply fiddles with her visor, which is flickering in and out.

Sleep: Samus’s suit shuts down, and she rests her head on her shoulder.

Stage Entry: Light Samus steps out of a beam of light.

Select Screen: LightSamus makes a robotic noise, and the Omega Missile is heard.

Misc.

Codec:
Snake: Is that SAMUS?
Roy: Yes, Snake. That’s Samus in the suit she used to destroy the Ing parasites. She’s more dangerous than she usually is like this, even if she isn’t as powerful.
Snake: I don’t see it. It looks like she just had a wardrobe change.
Roy: She’s armed with every weapon she used to destroy the Ing and then some. She also brought with her something called the Omega Missile.
Snake: …Yeah. I think I’ll focus on the fight now.

Kirby Hat: Kirby turns white and gets a white version of Samus’s helmet.

Alternate Costumes: The light suit turns dark gray with a red visor, blue with a yellow visor, green with a red visor, gray with a green visor, and uses the original Samus color scheme. There is also the default costume.

Item: None.

Stage

Stage Name: None

Stage Music: None

Subspace Emissary
If you unlock Light Samus, you can use Light Samus instead of regular Samus. the difference is that you will not rescue Pikachu, and there will be more enemies, providing a harder mission.

Unlock Methods:
Get Samus to join your party in the SSE and play 1,100 verus matches.
Clear boss battles with Samus and Zamus on medium difficulty.
Play 1,600 time matches.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I missed the first 3 but now, I'll finally participate in a MYM.

Shoop da Whoop joins the Brawl!

Stats (out of 10)
Size: 8
Weight: 8
Power: 7.5
Walk Speed: 2
Run Speed: 4 (having no legs make him slow)
1st Jump: 6 (he pushes his head off the ground to get airborne)
2nd Jump: 4
Fall Speed: 6 (he's somewhat floaty for his weight)
Attack Speed: 5 (has a lot of moves with start-up lag)
Range: 6 (he has his long range moves and short range ones to balance it out)
Wall Kick: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No
Glide: No

Ground Moves
AA: Shoop only has 2 jabs. He swings his head to the side and than up. 3% first hit and 4% second
F-tilt: Moves his whole head forward and than shifts back to his original spot. Both movements give damage if hit by it. First hit does 8%, second hit does 5%
F-smash: Shoots a small lazer blast that has small range, good power and comes out quick. Does 18% uncharged and 25% fully charged.
U-tilt: Shoop does a small hop and headbutts. 12% if he fully hits you and 6% if a part of him hits you.
U-smash: Lays on his back and also shoots a lazer. This one has better range, the a tiny bit better power but less speed than the f-smash laser. 20% uncharged and 27% fully charged.
D-tilt: Headbutts the ground in front of him. Does 14% wherever it hits but the trajectiry you suffer getting hit is different. Being hit at the top of his head moves you diaginally forward while being in the middle/close to the head hits you up.
D-smash: Fires two quick but weak lazers, one in front and one behind him. First laser does 13% (15% fully charged) and the second does 11% (13% fully charged)
Dash Attck: Ducks his head a bit and thrusts it up, sending you up if hit by it. Does 10%

Aerials
N-air: Spins around and is quick with little range. 8%
F-air: Shoots a lazer in front of him. Has great range and power but also has start up lag. 15%
B-air: Spins around while shooting a lazer. It's fast, with above average range and power. 13%
U-air: Does a front flip. The end of the attack has frames that can spike a little. 10%
D-air: Shoots another lazer that's much like the f-air one but this one spikes. 15%

Throws
Even though Shoop can grow hands (seen in The Impossible Quiz), I'm staying with the whole head/face idea where it has no hands or feet.

Grab: Shoop grabs the opponent with his teeth.
Pummel: Shoop bites down on the opponent. 3%
F-throw: Shoop sucks the opponent into his mouth and than spits them out diagonally up while shooting mini-lazers. 12%
B-throw: The same as f-throw except he shoots one bigger and stronger lazer. 15%
U-throw: Shoops lays on his back, spins, and spits the opponent into the air. 10%
D-throw: Shoop smashes his opponent into the ground 3 times. The total damage received is 13%

Specials
B-Charge Lazer: This is the weaker version of the famous Shoop da Whoop. This performs much like Samus's lazer where a small shot does little damage, charging it does more and it can't be charged in the air. An uncharged shot does 9% while the fully charged one does 30%. It has great knockback and power but shooting it has start-up lag and the lazer moves slow. It will keep traveling at the same speed and power when fired unless it's interuptted or goes into the stage boundary

Side-B-Royal Rainbow: Somebody must've snuck a taco into him because he can perform the Royal Rainbow. It travels a bit faster than his Charge Lazer and has little start-up lag but it's weaker and can't be charged. Problem with it is that it has very bad ending lag because Shoop becomes bloated after firing it. 16%

Up-B-Face Blast: A yellow aura surrounds Shoop and he blasts off in the desired direction. If you catch an opponent in this, Shoop will attach to their face and cause an explosion that gives them 15%. The explosion sends them diagonally down in the direction Shoop was heading.

Down-B-Shoop Screech: Shoop yells one of his 3 famous sayings (Shoop da Whoop!!, Imma firin/chargin mah lazah!!) which send out a wave of energy.The wave can break shields in one hit if it's up. Being hit by the wave at the beginning causes 10% while being hit by it at the end just pushes you.

Final Smash
Shoop Da Whoop!!!- The infamous attack. Shoop flies up and goes off-screen while saying "Imma chargin mah lazah!". He re-appears on the side on yells "Imma firin mah lazah!" and shoots his lazer. Getting hit by it does no damage because the damage counter will just say Owned if you're hit by it. No matter if you're knicked by it, it OHKOs you.

Miscellaneous
Shield: Shoop closes his mouth tight and the shield pops up.
Forward Roll: Shoop rolls forward on the ground.
Back Roll: Shoops performs a back flip.
Sidestep Dodge: Shoops slides out to the side.

Ledge Attack: Shoop performs a headbutt when getting up from the ledge.
Get-Up Attack: Shoop spins on the ground.

Entrance: A lazer gets shot toward the stage and Shoop appears when it disappears.
Idle Animation 1: Shoop stares at his surroundings.
Idle Animation 2: Shoop bounces on the ground.
Up-Taunt: Opens his mouth but lets out a yawn.
Side-Taunt: Eats a watermelon
Down-Taunt: Accidently swallows his lazer, gets bloated and reverts to normal
Victory Taunt 1: Shoop shoots lazer in all directions.
Victory Taunt 2: Shoop attaches himself to the losers faces and goes back to the front.
Victory Taunt 3: Shoop makes a :D face.
Loss: Shoop makes a D: face.

Kirby Hat: Kirby would look like the picture at the top of this post except wit hands and feet.
Logo: /b/ (The evil symbol of 4-chan)
Alternate Colors: The coors Shoop comes in are Black Red Blue Green White and Yellow

Snake Codec
Snake: Colonel, what's this ball thing?
Otacon: That's Shoop, a popular internet meme.
Snake: So he's one of those jokes that nerds laugh at?
Otacon: Exactly. Shoop is a deadly foe. He'll charge his lazer and when he wants to fire it, he'll Shoop da Whoop you.
Snake: Sounds painful.
Otacon: Indeed it is. To stop it, try to fit something in his mouth so he'll perform the lesser powerful Royal Rainbow.
Snake: Got it....somehow. How do you even know this stuff?
Otacon: I'm a nerd.

If you don't get some of the references, look at the link below for info.
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/IMMA_CHARGIN_MAH_LAZER

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Oh, I had the LOVELIEST sweet potato dish. Pecan and streusel topping...mmmmm.
Sounds delicious.

My Thanksgiving was purely excellent. My whole family was here, and we played a game of 3 on 3 Basketball. Imagine a near-60 yer old man shooting hoops with a bunch of 30-year old men and two teenagers. It was a really good time. But dinner... Hoo boy. I swear I won't eat for another three days. DELICIOUS. My grandma's famous stuffing... Good lord, I loaded UP on that now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
One quick attack doesn't make his moveset unbalanced, though. Besides, he's a light weight. Most powerful characters are heavy. Guntz is easily knocked out, he's lighter than any of those powerhouses and has a horrible (vertical) recovery, and the fact almost ALL of his attacks are so easily punishable doesn't help that fact. One quicker move actually makes him more diverse, because otherwise he'd be way too underpowered. His moves may look insanely strong at the first glance, but you should always keep the other side of the coin in mind. Which is in Guntz' case: once you get him out of his attack barrage, you have an easy game with him, because he can hardly fight back.
I suppose so. Personally, I still think that between attacks that help him control the stage, and average-speed semi-projectiles, he'd lean towards High Tier, but that's it. I'm not saying he's unbalanced. Just a bit tilted. :bee:

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Bee, bee, bee.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Good job, Spadefox, the dtilt is considerably less broken now. I'm reading through the whole moveset, I'm just about to start on the specials now. From what I've read, the moves are all great and original, having just the righ amount of detail. . .I'd orgasm over the moveset if not for one thing. It's too imbalanced. I agree with K. Rool, all the damage percentages need to come down. All the movesets I make are power characters, and outside of very laggy moves they generally don't deal nearly as much damage with their moves. Just knock the percentages all down by around 3%. The power is fine, it's just too much damage.

I'm going to read Doggy after I'm done with Guntz.

I still haven't had my Thanksgivin' dinner over here on the pacific coast.

You said you were readin my SSE K. Rool. Commentary? Blog bumpage?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Chibi Robo Has Joined

Stats
Screen Name: Chibi Robo
Size: 4/10
Weight: 6/10
(Running) Speed: 5/10
First Jump: 3/10
Second Jump: 3/10
Hover: No
Fall Speed: 7/10
Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes
Gliding: No
Tether: Yes

Standard Attacks
A - Jab (1%-4%): Simple punch.
A, A - Double Jab (1% - 4% + 2% - 5%)(3% - 9%): Two simple punches.
A, A, A - Triple Jab(1% - 4% + 2% - 5% + 3% - 6%) (6% - 15%): Two Punches and a headbutt.

More to come.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
<He comes from the future to save the past. Future Trunks joins the Brawl!!!!!!>

*NOTE: All of the sprites make him look like he's super saiyan at the start. Well he's not. He will be in his regular purple haired form when he fights. Sorry for the possible confusion. Just imagine that Trunks is in regular form at the start*

~Description~
The first and most identified incarnation of the character that readers and viewers get to see would come to be known production wise as Future Trunks (未来のトランクス, Mirai no Torankusu?, Trunks of the Future). This incarnation first appeared in the manga chapter 331 Nazo no Shōnen (謎の少年, The Young Man of Mystery?) first published in Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine on July 15, 1991.[1] Here he is a mysterious seventeen year old who appears and singlehandedly kills Freeza and his father King Cold. Upon Goku's return from planet Namek in the following chapter, Trunks would confide with Goku and unknowingly to Piccolo (Due to his acute Namekkian hearing) his tragic story. As told in flashbacks in the anime series, the stand alone manga story Trunks za Sutōrī -Tatta Hitori no Senshi- (トランクスザストーリー -たったひとりの戦士-, Trunks the Story: The Only One Warrior?), and TV special Zetsubō e no Hankō!! Nokosareta Chō-Senshi • Gohan to Trunks (絶望への反抗!!残された超戦士・悟飯とトランクス, Resistance to Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors, Gohan and Trunks, History of Trunks outside of Japan?), Trunks had traveled from twenty years in the future where the world was in constant ruin due to the terror of the two artificial humans #17 and #18. By this time Goku had succumbed to an unknown heart virus and rest of the Z warriors, with the exception of Gohan, had fallen at the hands of artificial humans. Trunks, at the age of thirteen, was living with Future Bulma and secretly training with Future Gohan. After Gohan's inevitable death, Trunks would assume the mantel of earth sole protector against the artificial humans for the next three years. But even he would be no match for against them. Fortunately, Bulma had been working on a time machine that could help change history. Once he had informed Goku of the events to come, Trunks gives Goku a special vaccine and return to his own time. Trunks would return to help the present day Z warriors battle the artificial humans, in chapter 346 and episode 131. With appearance of Cell, Trunks would train with Vegeta in the "Room of Time and Mind". After Vegeta's defeat, Trunks would fight Cell in his newly gained Perfect state. But Trunks' 3rd Super Saiyan grade proved to be ineffective so he willfully concedes. He would participate in the Cell Games and be mortally wounded by Cell immediately following his ascension to "Beyond Perfection". Afterwards, he would return to his own timeline in the future and defeat the artificial humans and Cell within his time in chapters 419-420 and episodes 193. He would appear one more time in the ninth Dragon Ball Z film Ginga Giri-Giri!! Butchigiri no Sugoi Yatsu (銀河ギリギリ!!ぶっちぎりの凄い奴, Milky Way at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy, Bojack Unbound outside Japan?) to participate in the special Tenkaichi Budokai sponsored by Mr. X.S. Cash. Here he would unwillingly fight Bojack's henchman Gokua.

~Wii remote message~
"This is for Gohan!!!!"

~Stats~
Power: 6.5 (He's fairly powerful, but not too powerful. He's slightly weaker than Marth. Can pretty much Ko around at 100-150% damage)
Running Speed: 8 (Of course he's fast. He's a frigging Saiyan.)
Weight: 3 (Surprisingly on the light side. Weird considering Trunks has that sword with him.)
Falling Speed: 2 (He's a slow faller. So yeah.)
Attack speed: 5.5 (some of his attacks are fast, while others are slow.)
First Jump: 5 (Just simply ok here. He goes about as high as Zelda.)
Second Jump: 5 (The same as the previous one.)
Range: 6.5 (Above average. Some of Trunk's attacks can reach as far as Ike's, while others force you to get in close to hit.)
Wall Climb: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: no
Glide: no

~Entrance~
Trunks' time machine comes in to action, and he comes out from it, ready to fight.

~Animation~
Standard: He just poses, ready to fight (note that Trunks is not in Super Saiyan form at the start.)

Animation pose: He just occastionally pulls his sword out for a look at it and then puts it away.
Dodge: He sidesteps out of the way.
Roll dodge: He moves out of the way like Ike.
First jump: Trunks leaps in the air like a regular character.
Second jump: Trunks leaps into the air again.
Running: He charges straight in like this:

Shield: He puts his two arms in front of him to block. Looks like he's struggling a bit.

~B attacks~

----Standard B: Ki Charge----
Alright, this might sound complicated, but really, if you pay close attention, it's really not. If you press downwards B, Trunks will start having a yellow chi charge surrounding him while he says, "Hyyyyuuuhhhhh!!!!!" Holding it for about 2 seconds will charge up Trunks one Ki bar. Note that Trunks is vunarable to get hit no problem. You can be notified by how many Ki charges that Trunks has by seeing it listed on top of Trunk's damage counter. What can these Ki charges do if Trunks can charge up one you ask? Well.....

Ki charges are essential for Trunks to win matches. A couple of his attacks can have an extra boost or something else may happen if you do a certain attack. Not to mention, some of Trunk's attacks need at least one Ki charge just to be able to use it (for example, his smash attacks and a few of his aerials will be useless unless Trunks has a Ki charge ready.) Though most attacks only require one Ki charge, few require 2 Ki charges. It is essential that you keep on charging constantly.

Trunks, when he first begins the match, will start off with 3 Ki charges. You can do whatever you want with them, though i recommend you save up your Ki charges until.....say around at least 4-5. If you use Trunks' neutral special, Trunks can go into a transformation that gives Trunks a boost of power. There are more than one potential transformations that can give Trunks more power, but can continually drain Trunks' Ki energy, the longer you stay in the form.

The maximum of Ki charges you can go to is 7. You use them all up, you won't be able to charge for about 15 seconds. If Trunks happens to lose a stock, he'll lose one (and only one) of his charges. Use them wisely. There should be a pic below what Trunks is doing when the player presses yo use this attack:

----Downwards B: Transformation----
This works with the standard move "Ki charge." When the match starts, Trunks will obciously be in only his regular purple haired form. Trunks will have his body surrounded with light when he does this move. He will then release the light, after 1 second, and transform into a more powerful form. Trunks will be more stronger (how much is depending on his form), but will slowly have his Ki charges drained.

If Trunks does this move, when the light from Trunks body disappears, this can cause the opponent to flinch. Trunks must be in front of the opponent to make the opponent flinch with this move however. Use this move right in front of the opponent, so the opponent flinches, giving you a chance to fight in your more powerful form. There are 3 forms that Trunks can turn into:

Super Saiyan

An obvious must have in Trunks' transformations. When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "Goku ain't the only super saiyan here!!!" Trunks will get a 2% damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 10 seconds. Constantly keep on charging, and you should be fine. Trunks must be at least have 4 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 3.

Super Saiyan 2

The next level of the super saiyan transformation. When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "Come on!!!" Trunks will get a 3-4% (kinda random) damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 8 seconds. Constantly keep on charging, and you should be fine. Trunks must be at least have 5 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 4.

Super Saiyan Transcended

The next level of the super saiyan transformation (and Trunks' final transformation). When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "What you're about to see is my true power!!!" Trunks will get a 5-6% (kinda random) damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 6 seconds. It's really difficult to charge Ki levels now. It requires 7 seconds for Trunks to charge 1 Ki level. Also, there is a price. Trunks' attacks now all have an extra bit of lag at the beginning and at the end. Not to mention, Trunks' size will grow a bit. You should only use this transformation if you need to easy damage rack or you're just plain crazy. Trunks must be at least have 6 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 5.

----Side B: "Is this yours?" (requires 1 or 2 Ki charges) ----
There must be a projectile aimed at Trunks. If you press side B, Trunks will pose both his arms forward. If a projectile is aimed at Trunks while he is doing this pose, Trunks will catch the projectile. For about 2 seconds, Trunks will say, "Hey!!! Is this yours!? (note that Trunks has super armor while doing this.)" Trunks will then throws the projectile right back from where it came from. Note that the projectile that's being aimed at Trunks must be in front of him for him being able to reflect it. This doing so will cause Trunks to lose 1 Ki charge though. If you don't have even one Ki charge, well lets just say you get hit in the face, with 5% damage intended.

If a fully charged projectile is being aimed at Trunks when he does this move (EX, Link's fully charged arrow, Samus' fully charged shot and Lucario's fully charged aura sphere), it will cost 2 Ki charges instead of one. Note that you can make Trunks hold this pose for a long time, so that you can be sure when to use this move, but your Ki charges will slowly go down by 1 every 8 seconds (6 seconds if Trunks is in super saiyan, 5 seconds if Trunks is in super saiyan 2, and 2 if Trunks is in super saiyan trancended).

----Upwards B: Dragon Rush (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
Trunks will prepare himself by charging up a slight bit. This is a slight bit of lag at the beginning by the way. He will then charge in which ever direction you choose to point at, and take down anyone in his way. This move travels the distance of Fox's Up B recovery. Obviously, this can be used as a recovery if you point in the upwards direction. This attack can cause around 8% damage with ok knockback to the opponent. Trunks can go into a glide if you use this in the side direction, but cannot go into a glide if the player chooses to go upwards or downwards. This attack needs 1 Ki charge for this to work effectively to the fullest, but if you don't even have 1, this can still be used as a recovery move. The only difference is that it only goes about as far as Link's recovery move. Plus, it only does 5% damage and little knockback to the opponent if you don't have a Ki charge ready. Pretty bad.

~A Attacks~

----Standard A: Shoulder attack----
Trunks starts off his assault by hitting the opponent with his shoulder. It has the basic reach of an AAA combo and it's a pretty bad attack. It is a pretty fast attack however, with no lag at the end or the beginning. In order to hit, you must hit the opponent by Trunks' shoulder. It basically deal 3% damage with absolutely no knockback other than causing the opponent to flinch. The start of the AAA combo.

----AA: Uppercut----
Trunks will then continue the AAA combo with an uppercut punch attack. It also has the basic reach of an AAA combo, but it can reach above Trunks as well. It is also a very fast attack, with no lag at the beginning or at the end. The hitbox is pretty much in front of Trunks, but more in the upwards direction. It deals about 3% damage with very little knockback upwards (so the opponent is still near the ground, but their just above Trunks. The second hit of an AAA combo. A good move for damage racking.

----AAA: Smackdown----
Trunks will end the attack combo with his fist coming downwards to hit the opponent. It has the basic reach of an AAA combo attack as well (so you got to get in front of the opponent.) It has little to no lag at the beginning, but ends with a very slight bit though. The hitbox is pretty much in front of Trunks, so nothing special here. It deals around 3% damage, but instead of regular knockback at the end, it smacks the opponent to the ground, and the opponent is still right in front of Trunks, laying on the ground. A good AAA combo for damage racking, with the opponent laying defenseless on the ground......but the combo doesn't end here...

----AAAA: Blaster (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
After the AAA combo is finished, Trunks will push one of his arms forward. After that, multiple Ki blasts will come out of Trunks palm (5 to be exact), hitting anything that's in front of him. The Ki blasts go in random directions forward (though it only goes diagonally upwards forward, straight forward or downwards forward.) The Ki blasts are pretty small, and they only last around after they travel in a distance of 1/6 of Final Destination. This attack also comes out very quickly, but ends with a slight bit of lag at the end. Each Ki blasts does around 1% damage each, but absolutely no knockback whatsoever (not even flinching.) Obviously, if Trunks doesn't have even 1 Ki charge ready, Trunks cannot perform this move.

----Side Tilt: 2 slasher----
Trunks will bring out his sword for this move. He lets out 1 swing with his sword, and follows it up with another sword swing horizontally. The first slash pretty much has no lag at the beginning, but the second slash has a very small bit of lag at the beginning though. It ends with a slight bit of lag at the end at the second slash due to Trunks trying to put his sword back. The range is slightly better than average for a side tilt for both slashes (like only a slight bit better than Link’s side tilt range.) Each sword slash does around 4% damage each, but only the second slash has knockback at the end (it’s ok knockback though). Usefulness is questionable.

----Up Tilt: Trunks kicker----
Trunks will send his leg upwards to attack the opponent who’s above him. It looks like it covers everything above him. It has a bit of a startup lag at the beginning trying to get his leg up in the air, and ends with a bit of lag at the end trying to pull it back to the ground. It reaches better than average for an uptilt however (like only slightly better range than Link's up tilt). It can only effect opponents with him using his legs however. If it manages to hit, it can deal off 6% damage with ok knockback upwards. Considering that this is Trunks' rather most laggy tilt, i wouldn't recommend spamming this attack at all.

----Down Tilt: Downer slasher----
Trunks will then take out his sword of his sheath, and slash horizontally in the downwards angle. It has a very slight bit of lag at the beginning for Trunks to pull out his sword out, and another very slight bit of lag at the end for Trunks to put his sword back. It has bad range in the downwards direction forward, so you should only use this move when you're really close to the opponent. The hitbox Trunks must use to cause damage is 7% damage with ok knockback forward. If the opponent is right below this downwards slash, it can meteor, but the opponent must be near the edge of the stage for it to meteor. This is one of Trunks' worst moves in the game, due to it being so laggy.

----Dash Attack: Teleportation (requires 1 Ki charge)----
I got to admit, it's a really fun move to use. Trunks will look like at first he's just dashing forward to his direction he's facing. He will then vanish into thin air, and reappear a bit more forward. This cannot be used as an attack because...well it's just Trunks teleporting. He'll be reappearing about 2/5ths of the stage Final Destination in the forward direction. You can use this move as an excellent surprise attack, despite when Trunks reappears, there is a very small bit of lag at the end. Be warned, if this is done near the edge of the stage, Trunks might fall offf, and pulmit to his doom. Note that if Trunks does not have a Ki charge ready, he cannot use this dash attack.

~Smash Attacks~

----Side Smash: Buster Cannon (requires 1 Ki charge)----
Trunks will put his arms to the side for a moment to charge up. He will then let off a huge blast of blue, blasting off anything in front of him. It has a very slight bit of lag at the beginning, and ends with very little lag at the end of this smash attack as well. If this move is uncharged, it can deal off 10% damage with nice knockback forward, with the range about 1 small size stage builder block. If this attack happens to be fully charged, it can manage to deal off 13% damage with good knockback, and the range increased from not just covering Trunks' forward direction, but it now also covers from top to bottem of Trunks' body. This is Trunks' best Ko move due to it being the best range for Trunks' attacks and it's power, but it does require 1 Ki charge. If Trunks' doesn't have a Ki charge ready, Trunks will just move his arms forward, but no blast of Ki coming out. It only deal 1-2% damage with absolutely no knockback whatsoever (not even flinching the opponent.) Just make sure you have a Ki charge ready to attack.

----Up Smash: Finish Buster (requires 1 Ki charge)----
Trunks will have a yellow light surrounding his arm when charging this attack up, with his arms in front of him. Once you decide to release this attack, a yellow ball of light Ki energy and it goes upwards in the diagonal forward direction where Trunks is facing. It has a very slight bit of lag at the end, and ends with very little lag at the end. If this attack manages to make contact with opponent, it can deal off 8% damage with ok knockback, and the attack only reaches 1/5 of final destination in the upwards diagonal direction. If this attack is fully charged however, it can deal off 11-12% damage with nice knockback to the opponent, and it's range is increased to about half the size of final desitination in the upwards diagonal direction. This is a very handy move to stop opponents from jumping and attacking you from above, and this can be a great air juggler.....that is, if Trunks' has at least one Ki charge ready. If Trunks has no Ki charge ready, Trunks' will just do the animation, but no yellow blast coming out, and dealing 1-2% damage with absolutely no knockback whatsoever.

----Down Smash: Double buster (requires 1 Ki charge)----
Trunks will hold his arms to the side, charging up for this attack. He will then point his arms downwards, and a orange beam blast comes out of his hand, attacking anyone that's below Trunks. It has a bit of starting lag at the beginning, and ends with a bit of lag at the end, making it Trunks' laggiest smash attack. The blast beam is the hitbox of the attack, but since it's aimed at the downwards direction, it doesn't partically reach far. If this attack manages to hit, it can deal off 11% damage with nice knockback, if this move is uncharged. If this move is fully charged, it can deal 13-14% damage with good knockback to the opponent. It's a rather bad attack, due to it reaching very short, and it's kinda laggy to it. If Trunks has no Ki charge ready, Trunks' will just do the animation, but no yellow blast coming out, and dealing 1-2% damage with absolutely no knockback whatsoever.

~Aerials~

----Neutral: Epic slash----
Holy crap i love this move. Trunks will begin to take out his sword out from his sheath, getting ready for an attack. He will then pull out his sword, and slash vertically....to the screen? The hitbox for this attack is Trunks' sword blade. Since Trunks' sword isn't partically reaching far at all for this attack, it's tough to land a hit with this attack (though it might be easiest if you manage to land a hit with this attack by the right side of Trunks.) There is a bit of startup lag at the beginning, but it's very little though for Trunks' to pull out his sword. If Trunks manages to land a hit, it can deal off 8% damage with nice knockback to the opponent. My favourite aeriel due to it being the same slash that managed to kill Freeza in the TV show :bee:.

----Forward: Ending of [insert character that’s fighting Trunks here]----
This is probably Trunks' most generic move, but you must have this in Trunks' moveset. Trunks will get his sword from his sheath, and then he'll let a powerful swing forward, taking down most opponents. This attack has good range surprisingly. It is also a fast attack when it comes out (Trunks pulls his sword out in a split second!!), but ends with lag at the end, so this attack cannot be spammed. If Trunks manages to hit a opponent with this attack, it can dish out 10% damage with nice knockback. It is one of Trunks' best Ko moves (with it's power and speed.) The only major downside to this attack is the bit of lag at the end, so this attack cannot be spammed. Not to mention, it kind of makes Trunks' lose some of his aeriel game (you swing this slash, and then you fall. Like WTF?). My second favourite aeriel :bee:

----Backwards: Retreat!----
Trunks will take a step backwards, to create some distance between him and the opponent. He will then dash backwards, and surround himself with Ki for a fast escape. This is Trunk's weakest aerial, but it could prove to be his most useful. Trunks' step back isn't partically far, but including the Ki charge backwards, it is better than average. It reaches about 1.5/5 of Final Destination. The midair step backwards is a fast move with no lag at the beginning, but the second move of this aeriel takes a while to move. Only the Ki rush backwards can inflict any damage, and said damage only does 4-5% damage, with little knockback to the opponent. In my honest opinion, this attack should only be used for retreating purposes, and not for attacking, due to it being very weak.

----Downwards: Multiple puncher ----
Trunks will look downwards, and let loose a barrage of punches in the downwards direction. Lots of punches come out in a very fast pace, but they are all very weak. The punches themselves don't partically reach far downwards, so the opponent practically has to be right below Trunks for this move to cause damage. This is attack that is very fast, with no lag at the beginning, but at the end of the last punch, there is a tiny bit of lag at the end. If Trunks manages to land a hit with this attack, each punch will do 1-2% damage each (there are 6 punches in all by the way) with sideways little knockback to the opponent. This is a great damage racker attack. It is espicially useful to take down any bosses easily in the subspace emissary. Though overall though, this is probably Trunks' worst aeriel due to how weak it is. Note that any transformations that Trunks becomes will only effect the last punch.

----Upwards: Barrage of Ki (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
Trunks will immediately look upwards in a flash with this attack. He will then throw his arms up and back to his side to launch a bunch of Ki blasts to anyone upwards above. The Ki blasts reach far upwards direction (about 2/5ths of Final destination upwards) but it only reaches upwards. This attack does have a slight bit of lag at the beginning, and at the end, but this wave of Ki blasts practically send Trunks downwards to the ground, so there really isn't any point of the lag at the end is there? If any of the Ki blasts manage to hit the opponent (there are 7 ki blasts in all by the way), they each deal about 3% damage and little knockback. Another great damage racker for Trunks to use, with it's many blasts of Ki, but unfortunately requires at least 1 Ki charge to be ready to use. If Trunks does not have a Ki charge ready, he'll do the throwing his arms upwards animation, but they do no damage at all, with the worst range upwards, and only the last punch does 2% damage at least. Just be sure to have a Ki charge ready.

~Grabs~

----Beat down----
Trunks will use the hilt of his sword to cause the damage. Said damage is only 2% damage each. Trunks grab attacks fast. Basically like any old grab attack beat down.

----Forward Throw: Disappearing slash----
Trunks will shove his opponent forward to create some distance between him and his opponent. He will then disappear and reappear behind his opponent, take out his sword from his sheath and perform a quick horizontal slash. Trunks only disappears to get behind his opponent, and the opponent is pushed only a little bit and that's it. The horizontal slash that Trunks does is about 7% damage with ok knockback at the end. It is hard for outsiders (aka the opponents not being grabbed) to interrupt this grab attack, but if opponents are right behind the opponent Trunks is throwing, they can interrupt Trunks from there, considering it takes a very small while for Trunks to perform the slash.

----Backwards throw: Stab backwards----
Trunks will throw his opponent backwards to create some distance (he throw his opponent only about a couple of room behind Trunks.) He will then, not turning around, will stab backwards. It's a very fast grab attack, with only little lag at the end, but only a slight bit at the beginning. The grab throw itself does around 5% damage with nice knockback. One of Trunks more powerful throws, knockback wise, but in order to use this move effectively, you gotta rack up some damage man.

----Downwards Throw: This is what you get!!!----
This is the throw move Trunks does in the Budokai games. Trunks will send the opponent upwards with an uppercut punch. He will then fly up to the opponent to the sky, and smackdown his opponent downwards with a downwards punch, and land back to the ground. Trunks is really vurnarable when doing this throw, considering that he's high in the air for this throw (which is kinda weird for a down throw XD). Anyway, the whole throw animation is about 2 seconds, so Trunks can be easily intercepted from finishing this throw. If Trunks manages to land a hit with this throw, it will deal 7% damage in total and the opponent laying on the floor from previously they were standing on. This is used kind of like a easy damage racker throw, but never as a KO move.

----Upwards Throw: Take this!! (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
Trunks will throw his opponent upwards at first. Then, with the opponent lingering in the air, Trunks will go crazy with Ki blasts, all of them hitting the opponent. Trunks' throw can be easily intercepted, considering Trunks does the Ki blasts only, and doesn't protect himself while doing the attack. You should only use this move when you are all alone with your chosen opponent, and faraway from any other enimies. Anyway, the move grab throw animation is about 2 seconds, so Trunks can be easily be intercepted. If Trunks manages to land a hit with this move, it deals about 12% damage in total, with the last Ki blast doing little knockback. If anyone gets in the way of the Ki blasts, they do about 1% damage each, so yeah.

~Final Smash~ [BURNING ATTACK or Extreme Dragon Rush]
You saw this coming. Trunks has a potential of 2 final smashes, depending on his Ki charge. Trunks must have at least 5 Ki charges in order to use Burning attack. If Trunks has less than that, he'll perform Extreme Dragon Rush instead (like in Budokai 3 :bee:). Anyway, here's how the final smashes work.....

If Trunks can perform Burning Attack, when you press the B button to perform his final smash, Trunks will fly to one corner of the screen. He will then perform the hand gestures to get ready to perform the final smash. When he is ready, he'll do this:

BURNING ATTACK!!!
Trunks will let loose a blast of huge yellow Ki heading towards downwards to the stage. Travelling at a great pace, it's really hard to get out of the way (espicially considering that it's a huge projectile as well). As soon as it manages to hit the stage ground, a large explosion will come out, causing anyone that's near it (it's about half of final destination of the explosion by the way,) be sent upwards for the next attack.

If any opponents get caught in the Burning attack, they'll be sent upwards, lingering in the air until Trunks comes out to let loose a barrage of sword strikes! Trunks will perform many sword slashes, and then he'll let loose a huge Ki blast, blasting the opponent away, while saying, "BEAT IT!!!" All in all, the Final smash does around 50% damage with great knockback to Trunks' opponents. Though be warned, Trunks can only effectively use this Final Smash only if his opponents get caught in the burning attack.

If Trunks doesn't have enough Ki charges, he'll instead perform Extreme Dragon Rush. Unlike his other potential final smash, this has pretty bad range, as Trunks must get in close (practically right in front of the opponent XP). If Trunks manages to hit a opponent, the opponent will be sent flying in one direction, and Trunks will speed dash towards them. Get ready.....

The next part of this final smash requires the players to button mash the A button. If Trunks has enough A buttons pressed, he'll let loose a barrage of kicks and punches, and then the second part of the final smash begins. If Trunks' doesn't have enough A buttons pressed, the final smash stops with Trunks only managing to do 12% damage, and the opponent safely landing on the ground.

The second part is basically the same thing: requires the players to button mash the A button. If Trunks has enough A buttons pressed, he'll let loose a barrage of kicks and punches even more fierce, and then the third and final part of the final smash begins. If Trunks' doesn't have enough A buttons pressed, the final smash stops with Trunks only managing to do 23% damage, and the opponent safely landing on the ground.

The third part of the final smash begins and of course it's the same thing: requires the players to button mash the A button. If Trunks has enough A buttons pressed, he'll let loose a barrage of kicks and punches, and to end it all off, a huge sword slash, sending the opponent flying with good knockback and 38% damage!! If Trunks' doesn't have enough A buttons pressed, the final smash stops with Trunks only managing to do 28% damage, and the opponent safely landing on the ground.

EXTRAS!!!!!!
Taunts
~Up taunt~
Trunks charges up, getting ready to fight.
~Side Taunt~
Trunks pulls out his sword and says, "You should just go home now. You don't stand a chance."
~Down Taunt~
Trunks throws his arm upwards, and says, "This is for Gohan!!"

Victory:
~Victory music~
The Dragon Ball Z theme

~Classic mode victory~
Trunks' theme

~Victory pose 1~
Trunks slashes the screen with his sword, and says, "I knew i would win."

~Victory pose 2~
Trunks will turn super saiyan and say, "Finally...it's all over.."

~Victory pose 3~
Trunks does all his hand gestures for Burning attack and poses.

~Lose pose~
Trunks pounds the floor on the ground, angry at how he lost the match.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Oh my god....that's Trunks!
Otacon: Yes Snake! That's him. He's a powerful saiyan or at least half saiyan, from the future.
Snake: What's he doing here?
Otacon: He came from the future to save the past. His world was devestated in the future. He is noble enough to stop that from happening again Snake.
Snake: Yeah...i know that, but i'm asking....Why is he here in Smash Bros? Did Nintendo decide to buy the Dragon Ball Z franchise to please the fanboys?
Otacon: *Sigh* I don't know Snake. Though still, you should be careful. Be more careful when he turns Super Saiyan.
Snake: Hey...who's the one with the beard and guns?

Music:
Daybreak Battle
move forward fearlessly
wild soul
Twist of Fate
DBZ Theme song
Trunks Music
East District
Perfect Cell Theme (Techno Remix)
Perfect Cell Theme Original

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like I came back in time to see the first day of the contest.

Some pretty impressive stuff so far, especially Guntz, Trunks, and Dimentio.

I know I said I wouldn't post the first day, but I'm going to anyway as a Thanksgiving gift.

Sam Lionheart

The following is not a picture of Sam Lionheart, but merely a Fire Emblem character that I feel looks fairly close to him. Differences are explained.

Sam has brown hair, which makes his beard more noticeable..
Sam wears gauntlets (hand armor), greives (foot and lower leg armor). He also wears a chest plate and shoulder plates.
Sam Lionheart's primary armor color is normal steel with gold trim, and his primary clothes color is white.
He wears a thick red cape with gold trim that is kept on using a gold pin shaped like a Lions head (kind of like what Cloud Strife uses).
Sam uses an axe with a very long handle. It is double bladed. The blades are rather large. Due to its long handle, it can technically be called a halberd. In appearance, it is somewhat close to Urvan, the SS rank Axe used by Ike's dad, Greil.
His axe also has about 1/4th of an inch of Diamond as the edge of each blade. The handle is made completely of metal and has a strap connected to it, allowing it to be worn on Sam's back when not being used. There is also a gold center in the middle of the axe head.
Sam's axe is named Gram.

Universe:
The Lion's Heart 2 (Made By Me)

Game Insignia:
A golden male lion head (with mane) roaring over a white cross background on a flag.

To Unlock:
Have him join your party in the SSE.
OR
Win the 100 man brawl with any character and defeat him.

Unlock Message:
Sam Lionheart, the wild prince, has joined the battle.

Wii-Mote Sound:
Sam says "This will be fun."

Entry Pose:
Sam walks in, using his axe as a walking stick. He says "This will be a good warm-up."

How is Lionheart pronounced?:
There are 2 ways-
1- The English Way (Li-On-Heart)
2- The French Way (Le-On-Heart)
I use the French way myself, because it just sounds cool.

Sam, A Wild Fighter:
In his own universe, Sam is exceptionally strong, fast, and resourceful, but in Smash Brothers, he must be toned down to preserve balance.

Sam uses stats similar to Link, balanced speed and above average strength and reach .

Sam is a heavyweight, but also has a average and gimpable recovery.

Sam has inherited his father's forward smash, which chains well into aerials do to its unique properties.

For newer players, Sam will probably be very hard to play due to the troublesome nature of his sweetspots. On all axe attacks, if the pole (most of the weapon) is what hits the foe, the knockback and damage will be small. To get much out of the character at all, the axe blade must connect. This is similar to Marth's tipper, except much more extreme at both ends of the spectrum, ranging from pathetic to awesome.

The length of his weapon, coupled with his sweetspot means that you will need to keep the opponent at a distance.

Backstory:
The Story Of Chris Lionheart (Prequel)-
About (3000 A.D.), 16 years before Sam was born, the Kingdom of Valios was destroyed in a suprise attack by a group of barbarians, who prize strength above everything. The people, formerly known as the Barborous Legion, made the strongest among them king regardless of background. The most powerful and reknowned knight of Valios, known by many as the "Blade Demon", betrayed the King, and the entire nation, by opening the city gates to their enemies, and then slaughtering nearly the entire royal family singlehandedly. His treachery did not end there. He then became king of the Barborous Legion by defeating their King in a battle to the death and then using his new army to hunt down all remaining valians.

Hope was not lost to the Valians, however, for their prince, Chris Lionheart (Sam's father) survived that night. As he grew older, he became stronger and eventually lead the remaining Vallians to resist. It turned out that the "Blade Demon", was one of Chris's strongest knights, named Curt. This was not his true name, however, for he was really Ashencroft, a demon of fire and ash, whose only goal was to enslave humanity under his reign of darkness.

The Valian army was no match for the superior numbers of the opposing army, so Chris exploits the weakness of the Legion's government. He challenges Ashencroft to a battle to the death, and manages to win, barely keeping his own life. Chris, now King of the new Valios, an alliance between the old Vallians and the former Barborous Legion, marries his close companion, Ryann Trueshot. They have a son named Sam, who becomes one of the greatest soldiers in the nation's history.

The Story of Sam Lionheart (Sequel)-
The year is 3035 in the Kingdom of Valios (a country located in the Southeastern U.S. over 1000 years from today). The war, now named The Demons War, has ended. The Vallian's have united with the Barborous Legion, forming one new nation of Valious. The people have gradually learned to live in relative peace, even inter-marrying. All is not yet peaceful, however, as the seeds of political turmoil remain.

The very loophole that allowed King Lionheart to take the throne and unite the two opposing sides is threatening to become a weakness. As Chris grows older, he becomes weaker and less capable of fighting. Even if he is able to defend his title, there is no guarantee that future generations of his family will. Not only does this put his family at risk, but it endangers the entire country. A government ruled solely by strength is bound to be heartless and cruel towards its people. In addition, many strong warriors know nothing of leading a country, and if they took power, the nation would become weak as a result.

The only solution is to change the government of the new Valios. Though the former Legion holds a large majority of the population, many of them have become satisfied with the rule of the Lionhearts, and would thus support changing the government to a monarchy, providing that they have the option to rebel if the royal family abuses their power.

Some fundamentalists among them oppose the reign of a royal family, prefering to cling to the old Legion beliefs of strength above everything. This group has gotten together and formed a resistance force that seeks to kill off the Lionhearts and possibly even all citizens of Vallian blood.To avoid political turmoil, Chris must avoid entering the fight. Instead, his son, Sam Lionheart must lead the Royal Army against the rebels.

Sam, at the age of 18, is an inexperienced knight, recently graduating from the Royal Knight's Academy, a school that teaches all citizens, of both Vallian and Legion origins, how to be a soldier. Despite this, he is seen as qualified for the job. Not only is he a member of the royal family, but he also graduated as one of the best young knights in the nation.

What started as a small civil war eventually becomes a huge fight to stop an early Armaggedon.

Personality:
Unlike his father, Sam is a bit overconfident, sometimes even arrogant. He is also very laid-back, and very slow to stress. Though not particularly outspoken, he certainly isn't as shy as his dad was. The main similarity to his father is a inherited since of altruism (self-lessness.)
More of his personality is revealed when he meets the young Kelsey. Though he means well, he hits on her multiple times, giving her a bad first impression of him.
If you scratch the surface of this seemingly arrogant, careless boy, you will find a man with surprisingly good intentions.

Outfits:
Outfit #1- Sam appears as himself.
Outfit #2- Sam appears as his father, Chris Lionheart. All moves are the same, and the sword hitbox functions exactly like Sam's halberd with a tipper of the same size.
Colors (both outfits)-
Steel (outfit #1 primary)
White (Outfit #2 primary)
Red
Green
Blue
Gold
Black
*Outfit color changes the primary armor color.

Stats:
Size- 4/5 (Human size)
Weight- 4/5 (human weight + armor)
Power- 4/5 (at sweetspot), 1/5 (sourspot)
Attack Reach- 4/5 (comparable to Ike and Marth)
Attack Speed- 3/5 (pretty average, nothing special)
Priority- 4/5 (Very good, but not the best)
Walking Speed- 2/5 (On the slow side)
Running Speed- 3/5 (Nothing special)
First Jump- 4/5
Second Jump- 4/5
Falling Speed- 3/5
Recovery- 3/5
Dodges- 3/5
Traction- 3/5
Crouch- 4/5
Final Smash- 4/5
Crawl- Yes
Wall Jump- Yes, but only one
Wall Cling- Yes, Sam sticks his axe into the wall, and hangs from it, creating a very laggy but long lasting Wall Cling.
Glide- No

Unique Mechanics:
Sam doesn't really have any unique mechanics persay, but makes up for that with some unique attacks and a unique tipper hitbox.

Basic Animations:
Basic Pose- Sam holds his halberd in one hand. Both of his arms are relaxed at his sides.
Idle Pose- Sam rests his halberd on his shoulder with one hand.
Walking- Sam walks using the shaft of his halberd as a walking stick.
Running- A basic run, with the halberd lifted above Sam's head using both hands
Crouching- Sam kneels down, holding his halberd with both hands. The halberd is planted into the ground.
Crawling- Sam performs a soldier's crawl very similar to Snake's crawl while holding his halberd in one hand.
Both Jumps- Holds his halberd over his head with both hands as he jumps up in a basic fashion.
Shield- Sam kneels down and hides under his cape. The cape tears as his shield weakens.
Sidestep- Barely steps to the side. He chuckles at his opponent's futile attempt to hit him.
Forward Roll- Leaps forward, landing in a crawling position (you can go directly into a crawl easily from this point.)
Back Roll- Jumps back.
Air Dodge- Veers to the side slightly, and says "Missed me!"

Miscellanious Animations:
Dizzy- Places his hand on his head, expressing a headache.
Sleeping- Falls down, dropping his halberd. His eyes are closed, but he doesn't snore.
Weapon Carry Animation- All weapons are carried in the same fashion as his halberd.
Homerun Animation- He taps the bat on his shoulder and smashes it down with both hands.

Specials:
Neutral B- Rising Morale
In the heat of battle, as the situation becomes more dire, the mark of a good commander is the ability to raise his soldier's morale.
As Sam takes more damage, his morale rises, increasing the power of his neutral B move. At low percentages, it is a rather average attack. At mid-percentages, it takes the form of a rather effective attack. Once your damage becomes high, it becomes your single most effective ground killing move.
0-49% - Cleave
Sam rests his axe on his shoulder briefly then swings downwards with one hand.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low -> Average
Reach- Great
Damage- 3% -> 12%
Other Properties- Becomes a more effective attack based on damage percentage of the user.

50-99%- Decapitate (Not really as gruesome as the name implies)
Sam rests his axe on his shoulder briefly then swings downwards with both hands.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Decent -> High
Reach- Great
Damage- 5% -> 18%
Other Properties- Becomes a more effective attack based on the damage percentage of the user.

100%+ - Eviscerate
Sam rests his axe on his shoulder briefly, then swings downwards with both hands. When the axe strikes the ground, the rocks struck by the axe-blade shatter and spread.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Good -> Very High
Reach- High (the shattered rocks further increase the hitbox)
Damage- 7% -> 24%
Other Properties- Rocks split as the axe strikes the ground, increasing the hitbox somewhat. Additionally these rocks have sweetspot damage and knockback, increasing the sweetspot size.
(Weapon, Slashing, Specials Direct)

Side B- Halberd Throw
Sam throws his Halberd. At first this works just like Link's Boomerang, but if it hits an opponent, rather than knocking them back, it will stick into them. Sam will then dash/jump to the opponent, pull the axe out and swing it at them.This swing has average knockback Everything that happens after a successful axe stick provides Sam with Super Armor until the entire move is finished. If the axe misses, it will return to him like a boomerang.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- variable (after combo lag is low)
Knockback- Average
Reach- Projectile (Half of FD)
Damage- 3% (Stick), 7% (Swing)
Other Properties- Super Armor frames between a successful axe stick and the final swing. Projectile flight speed the same as Link's boomerang.

Up B- Axe Grapple
Sam performs a normal jump. At the end of this jump he smashes his axe down, spiking foes hit by the sweetspot of it. The axe swing can also grab the ledge, dramatically increasing your grab range.
Beginning Lag- None (Jump), Low (Swing)
Ending Lag- Little
Knockback- None (spike)
Reach- High
Damage- 2% -> 10%
Other Properties- Recovery. Axe can grab the ledge. Spikes when sweet-spotted.

Down B- Axe Hook
Sam enters a blocking stance temporarily. If he is struck by a melee hit, he will grab the opponent in the space at the top of his halberd. He then throws them to the ground, keeping them pressed down with his axe. From this moment, you can use any of your throws or your grab attack. Non melee attacks will be deflected if they hit the weapon, but he is vulnerable from the back and other non-guarded areas.

Normal Attacks:
A- Chop
A fast horizontal chop of the axe with one hand.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Very low.
Knockback- Very Little->Little
Reach- Great
Priority- Good
Damage- 1%->5%
Other Properties- Press A again to use A,A.
(Weapon, Slashing)

A,A- Double Chop
A second horizontal chop of the axe (with one hand) in reverse direction.
Beginning Lag- Very Low
Ending Lag- Very Low
Knockback- Very Little->Little
Reach- Great
Priority- Good
Damage- 1%->5%
Other Properties- Must use A before this attack. Press A again to use A,A,A.
(Weapon, Slashing)

A,A,A- Smash
Sam grabs his opponent by the neck and throws them to the floor. They bounce up for vertical knockback.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Good (vertical)
Reach- Decent
Priority- Great
Damage- 5%
Other Properities- Must use A,A before this attack.
(Weapon, Slashing)

Dash Attack- Charge
Lifts the axe above his head with both hands and swings it down.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low->Great
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 3%->12%
Other Properties- Can continue running while and after using this.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Tilts:
Forward- Short Swing
Sam holds the axe near its head, and swings it quickly, utilizing only its sweetspot in the attack. The pole of the weapon hits behind him.
Beginning Lag- Fairly Fast
Ending Lag- Average
Knockback- Good (axe head), Very Low (pole)
Reach- Decent
Priority- Great
Damage- 10% (axe head), 3% (pole)
Other Properties- Auto-Sweetspots in the front, Auto-Sourspots in the back.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Up- Helicopter
Spins the halberd above his head several times, dealing multiple hits of damage. The axe head is on the outside of the spin on one side, so this is easily one of his hardest attacks to sweetspot.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Fairly Low
Knockback- Little->Great
Reach- Poor (vertical), Okay (horizontal)
Priority- Great
Damage- 2%->9% each hit (3 hits)
Other Properties- Deflects projectiles
(Weapon; Slashing)

Down- Axe Drag
Drags the axe across the ground tripping foes.
Beginning Lag- Fast (the fastest of Sam's tilt)
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- None
Reach- Great (but not as great as the other tilts)
Priority- Great
Damage- 2%->10%
Other Properties- Causes those struck by it to trip.
(Weapon)

Smashes:
Forward- Crescent Swing
Sam drags his axe on the ground as he swings it forwards (and upwards), creating a crescent shape.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low->High
Reach- Great
Priority- Very High
Damage- 4...9% -> 17...22%
Other Properties- Knockback is vertical, unlike most Side Smashes. While charging, Sam runs forward, dragging his axe on the ground.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Up- Heavy Smash
Sam drags his axe on the ground behind him and then shorthops, swinging his axe ferociously downwards. This move is among the slowest and strongest in the game. Its hitbox is roughly that of Ike's Up-Smash.
Beginning Lag- High (Sam's slowest smash by far)
Ending Lag- High
Knockback- Good->Huge
Reach- Great
Priority- Very High
Damage- 5...10% -> 19...24%
Other Properties-
Hits above, behind, and in front of Sam.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Down- Executioner
Sam drags his leg across the ground, then follows up by smashing the halberd into them.
Beginning Lag- Fairly low.
Ending Lag- Average
Knockback- None, None
Reach- Good (first hit), Good (second hit)
Priority- Great
Damage- 3...5% (Leg), 3%...8% -> 10%...15% (Halberd)
Other Properties- The leg hit causes tripping. If the foe is struck by the first hit, then the second hit will automatically sweetspot. The second hit causes the opponent to be stuck in the ground like a Pitfall or DK's Side B.
(Leg; Weapon; Slashing)

Crawl Attacks:
Side A- Rising Uppercut
Jumps into an uppercut.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Good
Priority- Good
Reach- A bit low.
Damage- 10%
Other Properties- Knockback is vertical.
(Arm)

Up A- Jumping Helicopter
Jumps directly into his Up-Tilt, spinning the halberd above his head several times, dealing multiple hits of damage. The axe head is on the outside of the spin on one side, so this is easily one of his hardest attacks to sweetspot.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Fairly Low
Knockback- Little->Great
Reach- Poor (vertical), Okay (horizontal)
Priority- Great
Damage- 2%->9% each hit (3 hits)
Other Properties- Deflects projectiles
(Weapon; Slashing)

Down A- Crawling Axe Drag
Goes directly into a down tilt, while still in the crawling position.
Beginning Lag- Fast (the fastest of Sam's tilt)
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- None
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 2%->10%
Other Properties- Causes those struck by it to trip.
(Weapon)

Aerials:
Nair- 360 Spin
Spins 360 degrees while swinging the axe.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low->Great
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 3%->12%
Other Properties- Hits on both sides.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Fair- Halberd Smash
Swings downwards with an Animation similar Ike's fair (except more aggressive), though it works rather differently in function. Sam screams while using this move.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Little->None
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 4%->15%
Other Properties- Spikes downwards if you sweetspot.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Bair- Reverse Crescent
Turns around (facing opposite of his original direction) and performs an aerial version of his forward smash.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low->High
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 4% -> 15%
Other Properties- Knockback is vertical.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Uair- Rising Lion
Sam rises up swinging his axe upwards. Hitbox and appearance is very similar to Roy's Up B in Melee.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- High enough to give this little to no recovery benefit.
Knockback- Very Low->Good
Reach- Good
Priority- Great
Damage- 3% -> 12%
Other Properties- Very easy to sweetspot with (seeing as the sweetspot extends above you as you jump and the range is lower than most of his halberd attacks.)
(Weapon; Slashing)

Dair- Descending Lion
Sam falls rapidly with his feet downwards. When his feet come into contact with an opponent, he will auto-stomp them, spiking them downwards.
Beginning Lag- Little
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- None (Spike)
Reach- N/A
Priority- Has stomp priority (he takes damage, but has superarmor if the stomp is connectable, thus still performing the stomp.)
Damage- 10%
Other Properties- Spikes. Can cause you to suicide if used improperly. Ends after stomping an opponent.
(Leg)

Situational Attacks:
Ledge Attack- Desperate Strikes
Sam jumps up and quickly swings his halberd 3 times.
Beginning Lag- Little
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Very Low -> Low
Reach- Great
Priority- Great
Damage- 1% -> 3% per hit
Other Properties- Can only be performed as a ledge attack.
(Weapon; Slashing)

Get Up Attack- Renewed Strength
A quick motion, in which Sam leaps up and stomps his opponent into the ground.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Average
Knockback- Decent
Reach- Decent
Priority- Good
Damage- 7%
Other Properties- Can only be used to get up.
(Leg)

Grabs:
Grab- Axe Pin
Sam stabs forward with his axe, grabbing the opponent with the space at the top of it. If it connects, he throws them to the ground and pins them to the ground with his axe. This has the effects of an extended grab but has higher than average ending lag if you fail to connect.

Grab Attack- Stomp
Slams his foot down on the pinned opponent.
Damage- 3%
(Leg)

Forward Throw- Kick
Releases the foe from the pin down and kicks them away with his foot, saying "Pathetic."
Knockback- Good
Damage- 5%
(Leg)

Back Throw- Sweep
Releases the foe from the pin down and sweeps them backwards with his axe.
Knockback- Good.
Damage- 6%
(Weapon)

Up Throw- Scoop
Throws them upwards with his halberd and then swings as they come back down.
Knockback- High
Damage- 7%
(Weapon; Slashing)

Down Throw- Murder
Steps on the opponent and lifts his axe (exchanging the pin down from his axe to his foot). He then slams the axe into them several times.
Knockback- None
Damage- 12%
(Weapon; Slashing)

*None of these grabs/throws can chain.

Final Smash:
Lionheart Combo-
Sam Performs a more powerful version of his side-special. He throws his axe across the stage (making a hitbox similar to Marth's Final Smash). When the axe strikes its first target, it sticks into them. Sam will say "YES" in reply.
After a successful "axe stick", Sam will dash to that opponent. He will then pull his axe out and perform 3 more hits after saying "Now, feel my might!"
This Final Smash has a total of 4 hits:
Hit 1- Axe Throw- 10% damage
Hit 2- High Hit- Aims for the head. 10%
Hit 3- Hamstring- Aims for the legs. 10%
Hit 4- Crescent- Performs his Forward Smash. 15%
Total Damage- 45%
*This Final Smash kills at percentages as low as 70%.

Taunts:
Up- Sam taps his halberd on his shoulder three times.
Left/Right- Sam points his weapon forwards and says "Have at thee."
Down- Plants his halberd into the ground and enters his sleeping animation (you can end this at any time.)

Lose Pose:
Sam starts clapping for the victor. After the victor finishes speaking, he says "You know I was going easy on you right?"

Victory Poses:
Up- Turns his back towards the players and says "Hmph... you'll have to do better than that."
Side- Swings his axe 3 times and points it at the screen, saying "Bring the next fight."
Down- Performs something similar to Ike's down taunt and says "Did you see that Kelsey?"
*Victory Song = Indestructible

Pros:
Great range.
Sweetspotted attacks are quite powerful.
Side B is a decent projectile.
A,A,A combo is great for damage when you sweetspot all 3 hits.
Great ground game.
Good air game.
Forward Smash is great for comboing into aerials.
Up Smash is very powerful.
Down Tilt causes tripping.
Doesn't have a terribly hard time with damage. If you purposely hit with the sourspot, you are able to combo decently well, whereas if you sweetspot, you'll do great damage and knockback.
Down B is a decent defensive move.
Grab is an extended grab.
Good throws.
Heavyweight.
Good jumps.
Can crawl.
Can wall jump once.
Can wall cling.
Great Final Smash.
Great priority.
Possesses two spikes (though only one is reliable).

Cons:
Recovery is predictable and gimpable.
Large target.
Sweetspot can be hard to land and harder to master.
If your Side Special misses, you will be left vulnerable.
Wall Cling is very laggy.
Up Smash is very slow (about the speed of an Ike F-Smash.)
Has a rather high learning curve.
A simple character to punish if you can stay in his face.
Grab is laggy if it misses.
Dair can SD if used incorrectly.

Miscellanious Crap:

Stages:
Castle Lionheart-
Castle Lionheart is the home of the Valian Royal Family. In this stage, you fight in the courtyard. Unfortunately for everyone in the match, a battle is going on at the moment.
Stage Layout- A basic flat layout. With walk off-edges.
Stage Effects:
Stage Effect 1-
Rebel soldiers enter the battlefield. They are hard to defeat and consists of several types:
Sword Soldier- Specializes in quick, weak attacks.
Spear/Halberd Soldier- Specializes in well balanced, far reaching attacks.
Axe/Mace Soldier- Specializes in powerful, slow attacks.
Bow Soldier- Specializes in projectiles.
Stage Effect 2-
A catapult is fired, launching a boulder into the battlefield. 20% damage and high knockback
Stage Effect 3-
A volley of arrows is fired on the stage, producing an effect equal to the volley game in the Wario Ware stage. Before this happens, you hear a commander scream... "ARCHERS... GET READY...VOLLEY!"

Hell-
After being defeated by Chris Lionheart, Ashencroft was sent back to hell. You do not want to fight him on his home turf.
Stage Layout- A basic layout, perfectly tourney legal. More specifically, the layout is a mostly flat surface with several stalagmite/stalagtite (whichever one comes out of the floor) platforms. In the background you can see a lake of fire and many demons flying around.
Stage Effects- None

Music:
Requiem For A Dream
Indestructible- Disturbed
Stricken- Disturbed
Did My Time- Korn
Falling Away From Me- Korn
Breaking The Habit- Linkin Park
In The End- Linkin Park
Bodies- Drowning Pool
Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce

Items:
Valian Trumpet- Calls in 3 soldiers. They aren't hard to defeat.
Dagger- A fast weak melee weapon. Does great damage when thrown.
Torch- A burning torch. Lights opponents on fire, dealing extra damage on contact.
Valian Spear- A flag attached to a spear. Makes you fall more slowly and provides long reaching attacks.
Halberd- An axe with a long reaching attack. It has a sourspot and a sweetspot.

Assist Trophies:
Band Of Legacy- One of the lesser members of The Band Of Legacy appears and joins the frey.
Lucas-
Lucas enters the fight saying "You need my help already?" *facepalms* "Oh, all right."
Lucas fights aggressively with a broad sword, using a moveset just like Sam's. His artificial intelligence is very good and he is invinceable, so don't count on getting rid of him.
After 20 seconds he says "All right... I'm leaving. Try not to call for my help to soon."
He then leaves the match.
Siegmund-
Siegmund enters the fight and says "Looks like you could use my help."
He then fights using a moveset nearly identical to Ike's (with the Up Special replaced by a more Marthlike move). He is invinceable and has good AI, so don't count on phazing him. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Don't be afraid to ask for my help again."
Dan-
Dan enters the fight saying "Looks like its business as usual..."
He fights using a moveset nearly identical to Pit (without the ability to control his arrows and no annoying HY-YAYAYAYA sound on the side B). He is invinceable and has good AI. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Sorry. This fight is getting to boring for me."
Connor-
Connor enters the fight and says "Here goes nothing...."
He then charges off the stage, failing to do anything useful.
General Garrett appears and says "Hah! Connor sucks."
General Garrett then joins the fight using a moveset that focuses heavily on stabs, utilizing the weapon's long reach and balanced stats. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving, General Garrett says "I must be going. I have another battle to attend."
Adam-
Adam enters the fight saying "Lets get this over with."
Adam uses a lance based moveset consisting of both stabs and weapon swings that utilize the weapons long reach and good power, but relatively slow speed. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving his says "Well that was easy."

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains Sam's hair and shoulder armor, as well as many versions of Sam's halberd and cape.
When Kirby uses Cleave, he yells "YAH!"
When Kirby uses Decapitate, he yells "HY-YAH!"
When Kirby uses Eviscerate, he yells "HY-YAHHHH!!!!"

Codec Conversation:
Snake: Oh no, not another Lionheart!
Octacon: What do you have against the Lionhearts, Snake?
S: They are just to strong... I guess it can't be helped. What do you know of this one?
O: He is the son of Chris Lionheart. Unlike his father, he is rather arrogant.
S: Arrogance is the path to destruction.
O: Indeed... now go teach him a lesson...
In the background Octacon's voice can be heard.
O: I'ld like to place a bet. 100 bucks on the Lionheart.
S: What was that!?

Crowd Cheer:
The crowd cheers "GO SAM!" several times.

Trophies:
Sam Lionheart- The son of Chris Lionheart, king of Valios. At the young age of 18, Sam Lionheart is a young, inexperienced commander with great potential. Though he is arrogant at times and often really laid-back, he is a self-less hero at heart. Sam's elite group is known as the Band of Legacy.

Kelsey- A 16-year-old girl with a fiery personality. Orphaned when she was an infant, she was left at the doorstep of the Royal Knight's Academy, where she has been raised since. With the help of the headmasters, she has become a skilled fencer, specializing in rapier combat. She is often a bit rude to Sam, criticizing him as being a pampered prince (and it really doesn't help that he has hit on her multiple times). Despite this, she is willing to help because she loves her country.

Siegmund- A skilled broadsword wielding knight. He is the oldest member of the Band of Legacy by far and was appointed by Chris to be Sam's superior officer. Calm, composed, and talented.

Lucas- A long sword wielding knight of great talent. He is very rude towards Sam, who he considers to be an inferior. Despite being very lazy, he can come in handy at times on the battlefield, but he is far from reliable.

Dan- The group comedian or sorts, Dan wields a bow and is quite an expert shot. When he runs out of arrows, Dan attacks with two short blades.

Adam- A member of the Band of Legacy, Adam is an accomplished wielder of lances and other polearms. Adam's personality doesn't really take any extremes, making the most adequate description of his personality "normal."

Connor- The trainee member of the Band of Legacy. He wields a spear, but not very well. The only reason why he was even invited was because Sam got a good laugh out of watching his failure. His lack of ability has lead General Garrett to coin the phrase "Conner sucks."

Michael- This member of The Band Of Legacy is shrouded in mystery. He pretty much appeared out of nowhere, quickly becoming recognized as one of the most powerful knights in the nation. He wields a very long sword with expert grace. Though almost nothing is known about him, he is trustworthy and noble, easily one of the Band's most reliable members. In truth, he is the arch-angel Michael, sent from Heaven to judge whether humanity was worthly of escaping the early Armaggedon that Ashencroft plots.

Chris Lionheart- 20 years ago, he was the Prince of Valios who fought in the great war, which has now become known as the Demons War. It was his blade that slew the demon, Ashencroft. Time has made him weaker, though he still possesses strength greater than that of the average human. He is the father of Sam.

Ryann Trueshot- The mother of Sam Lionheart. In her younger years, she was reknowned as the best archer in the land. She has been a close friend of Chris ever since the beginning of The Demons War, and hasn't left his side since. They were married shortly after that war ended.

Arden Marten- Chris's cousin and Sam's uncle. Arden has been promoted to commander of the capital city guard and has remained a very competent spearman. Similarities between the halberd and the spear have allowed Sam to take some lessons from Arden. Arden is infamous for being a womaniser, though he has really just been searching for the right woman.

Travis- One of Chris's best friends. This talented halberd wielding knight has been promoted to the ranks of general. He has tought Sam how to become an expert at halberd combat. He is very intelligent, but if you call him a nerd, he will kick your ***.

John- One of Chris's friends. This mace knight has been promoted to the ranks of a general. Personality wise, he is rather normal, but he lacks a since of humor.

Gawain- Unlike most of Chris's friends, Gawain is rather shy. Despite this, he is talented with a longsword and has become a respected general.

Garrett- True to his name, which means "strong with a spear", this snide and arrogant friend of Chris does indeed wield a spear. He is known as the relentless Valian general, because he is a bit more aggressive than the other great Valian generals. Somehow no matter how rude he is to others, they usually like him back.

Catlin- This friend of Chris believes that speed is greater than power, and his quick axe style reflects it. Despite his status as a general, he is often teased for his horrible looking mullet. His personality can best be described as eccentric.

Ashencroft- Chris defeated this demon 20 years ago in single combat, sending the demon back to hell. To Chris, and every other human on earth for that matter, Ashencroft's motives are largely unknown. Ashencroft is Hell's answer to Michael, the arch-angel (making Ashencroft the arch-demon). Ashencroft believed that he was truely the most powerful of demons and went to earth to enslave all of its inhabitants, causing Armaggedon early. With his new sword, the huge blade of Hell, Megiddo, and a complete dominance over the element of fire, this demon will rule all humanity at any cost.

The Angel Of Death- The infamous leader of the Legion Rebel group. Little is known about this man, but he is greatly feared by many. He appears on battle wielding a scythe and wearing chain mail (which is hidden by black robes.) He is a force to be reckoned with, as many soldiers have learned the hard way. His only desire is to kill, and he wants to be king only to command the valian armies and use them to take many innocent lives. Because of his abilities and simple-minded desire he has become known as "The Angel of Death."

Stickers:
Sam Lionheart- Weapon +30
Kelsey- Weapon +20
Chris Lionheart- Slashing +30
Ryann Trueshot- Projectiles +30
Ashencroft- Fire +50
The Angel of Death- Darkness +30
Lucas- Weapon & Slashing +30, Sleep Duration +50%
Connor- You automatically suck.
Siegmund- Knockback +30%
Adam- Spear +20
Dan- Projectiles +20
Michael- Light/Energy +50
Garrett- Double damage on stabbing/piercing attacks and specials (including arrows).
Catlin- Movement speed doubles.
Gawain- Sword +30
John- Blunt +30
Travis- Adds tipper bonus.
Arden- Spear +30

Event Matches:
#49- The Angel Of Death
Playable Characters- Sam Lionheart
Objective- Defeat The Angel Of Death (Boss)
Stage- Final Destination
Song- Bodies (Drowning Pool)

#50- Demon From Hell
Playable Characters- Sam Lionheart
Objective- Defeat Ashencroft (Boss)
Stage- Hell
Song- Through The Fire And The Flames (Dragonforce)

Subspace Emissary Role:
To Be Revealed.....

Bosses:
The Angel of Death-
In order to win the war, Sam must kill the enemy commander. The self proclaimed "Angel of Death" proves to be quite a match.
Attacks:
Fear the Reaper- A powerful scythe Swing. Great range but slow. 10....25% damage and Medium....Very High Knockback.
Scythe Spin- A scythe-twirling combo for rapid hits. Great range. Fast. DI out of to escape. 1....5% damage per second.
Scythe Hook- Slams the scythe down, then pulls to bring the opponent closer. 2 Hits. Very great range but slow. 7....15% damage per hit and no knockback.
Scythe Block- Blocks an attack.
Volley- Raises his hand in the air and orders a volley. Sidestep to avoid. 15....30% and High....OHKO Knockback. (Rarely Uses)

Size- Human Size
Mobile- Yes
Health- Average Boss Health
Difficulty- 4/5 (If you know how to dodge Volley)

Ashencroft-
Sam's dad defeated him, but will Sam also have to face one of Hell's strongest demons?

Attacks:
Flaming Sword- Ashencroft's sword is ignited for the entire fight, causing a lingering effect after all slashes.

Demon Slashes- Basic sword attacks used randomly during the fight. The knockback is small. Each slash has noticeable lag. 5>20%

Apocalypse Slash- Ashencroft lifts his sword high above his head and slams it into the ground, creating a huge eruption of fire (like a fully charged Roy Neutral B in Melee except bigger.) Very high knockback, can OHKO in Intense. Very slow attack with great reach.
20>50%

Demonic Assault- A basic horizontal slash made while flying to the opponent (like Quickdraw). Decent knockback. Similar to Ridley's flying attack. 10>30%

Hellfire Aura- An aura of flame temporarily surrounds him, hurting foes in melee range (lasts 5 seconds). 1%>5% per second

Inferno Edge- Sends a wave of fire out of his sword that travels straight across the stage. Good knockback. The wave flies slightly slow. 10>20%

Rising Volcano- Points forwards with his sword. A burst of molten fire erupts under his opponent's location. Very high knockback. Similar to one of Rayquaza's attacks, but slower and with greater power and width. 20>50%

Lake of Fire- Ashencroft's strongest attack by far. Ashencroft raises his sword in the air and says "Now... go to hell!" The background of the stage becomes the color of lava, and a giant wave of fire and burning sulfur heads right for the stage. The only way to avoid this move is to properly sidestep/airdodge/roll at the exact time the move would hit. If you don't dodge this, you will be OHKO'd.! The move doesn't do a set damage amount, instead bringing your characters damage percentage right to 666% if it hits, but damage doesn't matter because of the massive knockback.

Hp- 600>3000
Size- Rougly that of Ganondorf. Wingspan is between 10-20 feet.
Mobile- Yes
Difficulty- 5/5 (A real pain in the ***.)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry for posting right after you TWIL... you're moveset wasn't there while I was applying all of that BB code. =/

Trunks looks great so far.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Post so I've subscribed :3

Movesets are looking good so far people : )
I'll have my Henry Townshend moveset up sometime this week, not sure when really...

And now I'm tired from Thanksgiving dinner @_@;

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Twilt, you win over 9000, you know that right? That MS was sick. My fav DBZ fighter
Lol thanks. Congratulations. You are now officially cool.

Sorry for posting right after you TWIL... you're moveset wasn't there while I was applying all of that BB code. =/

Trunks looks great so far.
Lol, it's okay. Sam BTW looks awesome so far, but i think he has too much pros, and not enough cons....but still is a great moveset (i'm only 1/3ths of the way reading it). Sweet moveset.

I'll finish Trunks tomorrow. I have like the hugest headache right now lol.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd like to claim Capell from Infinite Undiscovery, if no one else has.
Without even asking, I can tell you assuredly that no, nobody has. Good luck with that. :bee:

Also I find it kind of strange that there've been less than 10 movesets across 7 pages. That's only 1.something per page. O.o

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

N. Trance, the egg-shaped master of hypnotism, has joined the Brawl!

Bio (From Crash Mania)

N. Trance is an egg-shaped evil doer from the 5th Dimension. He is a friend of Dr. N. Tropy's with the ability to brainwash. Because of this, N. Tropy once called him to help getting rid of the bandicoots that always foil Uka Uka's plans. N. Trance brainwashed the bandicoots, but as Fake Crash was accidentally brought in instead of Crash, the plan was soon to be ruined.

N. Trance's robotic arms allow him to attack with precision, and they're also removable and replaceable. He is capable of hovering and attacking with energy particles he creates.
-----------------------------

Stats

POWER: 6.5/10
N. Trance is fairly balanced in terms of power.

SIZE: 6/10
N. Trance is fairly small, standing only a tad taller than Mario.

WEIGHT: 5.5/10
N. Trance is rather light, since he is not all that large.

WALK SPEED: 3/10
N. Trance's walk is super-slow. He stomps one foot down at a time, taking big strides like Bowser, while holding his clock arm with the other.

RUN SPEED: 6/10
Obviously better than his walk. He holds his clock arm upward, and runs a bit faster, taking shorter but faster strides.

DASHING SPEED: 10/10
This is N. Trance's REAL strong point. His dash is extremely fast. Withdrawing his arms and legs, a jet on his bottom side fires and N. Trance shoots forward like a rocket.

RANGE: 8/10
Trance's moves have pretty good range, as most of them use beams or energy bursts.

ATTACK SPEED: 6/10
Trance is fairly balanced in this category.

PRIORITY: 7/10
He is fairly decent in this category, but nothing too extraordinary. As a general rule of thumb, his energy-based attacks have better priority than his melee-oriented attacks.

JUMPS: 3
N. Trance has 3 jumps total, one off the ground and 2 double jumps.

FIRST JUMP: 8/10
Since the first part of N. Trance's boss fight shows his jumping to be very good, his jumping here is good as well. N. Trance does a fairly basic jump.

SECOND JUMP: 7/10
Not as high as his first jump, but still good. Trance jumps up, spinning around horizontally a few times, his arms limp by his side.

THIRD JUMP: 4/10
This jump is pretty weak, but it can help when you're trying to recover or just trying to get in a little extra "Oomph" so you can land an aerial or special move. Trance quickly retracts his limbs and fires a short burst from his jets.

FALL SPEED: 4/10
N. Trance is a very floaty character. However, this can work to his advantage, since his aerials are better than his ground game.

RECOVERY: 6.75/10
N. Trance has good jumping, but his tether recovery can be gimped fairly simply, so it can be hard to recover sometimes.

CROUCH: 4/10
N. Trance's crouch is fairly low. He kneels down slightly, bobbing up and down like so:

WALL JUMP: No
N. Trance can't wall jump.

WALL CLING: No
Nope, he can't do that either.

CRAWL: No
Nor can he do that.

GLIDE: No
N. Trance doesn't have a whole lot going for him in the extras category, does he?

TETHER: Yes
Well, at least he has that. His Up B is a tether.

Tilts

A--->: Particle Spray
N. Trance thrusts out his chest, and a spray of small red particles comes out of it.

Damage: 3%, 2%, 1%---->
Knockback: Never kills
Start Lag: None
End Lag: Some
Priority: Terrible
Tips: This can put almost any character into a wall infinite. However, certain characters can crouch under it and punish. Best used against heavy characters.

Characters that can crouch under Particle Spray:
Game & Watch
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Squirtle
Snake

Forward Tilt: Clockwave
N. Trance snaps his clock-claw, sending an energy wave around it.

Damage: 9%
Knockback: Kills at 153%
End Lag: None
Priority: Good
Tips: This move has decent range, but its damage and knockback are fairly dismal. However, its decent priority can make it very useful at times.

Up Tilt: Eggbutt
N. Trance rears up and does a headbutt

Damage: 11%
Knockback: Kills at 148%
Prioriy: Fair
Tips: This attacks reaches fairly far upward, so it's good for stopping aerials.

Down Tilt: Ion Drop
A large blue sphere pops out of N. Trance's chest, and it falls to the ground, exploding on impact.

Damage: 12%
Knockback: Kills at 141%
Start Lag: Some
Priority: Fair
Tips: The sphere itself does not do damage, and the explosion takes place about a Mario's length away from Trance, so try to avoid using it at close range.

Dashing Attack: Egg Jet
If you remember, N. Trance's dash incorporates him withdrawing to his egg and shooting forward via jets on his underside. For his Dash Attack, N. Trance quickly makes a U-Turn and fires a large blast from his jet, and then lands back on the ground.

Damage: 16%
Knockback: Kills at 133%
End Lag: High
Priority: High
Tips: This is one of N. Trance's primary kill moves. However, make sure you can land it before using, because the end lag is very high and can be punished easily.

Smashes

Forward Smash: Particle Burst
N. Trance fires a short blast of yellow particles from his arm.

Damage (Uncharged): 14%
Knockback (Uncharged): Kills at 140%
Damage (Charged): 23%
Knockback (Charged): Kills at 110%
Priority: Good
Tips: This move is fairly weak normally, but it is absolutely devastating when fully charged. However, charging this move takes about a second longer than other standard smash attacks. A good strategy is to use a fully charged Down B, then go in for the kill.

Up Smash: Ion Ring
Reverting to egg form, N. Trance levitates and a thin ring of energy appears around him. The ring slowly expands, then dissapears.

Damage (Uncharged): 2% per second
Knockback (Uncharged): Never kills
Damage (Charged): 3% per second
Knockback (Charged): Never kills
SPECIAL: Temorarily stuns when charged
End Lag: High
Priority: High
Tips: If you want to use N. Trance effectively, this is where you should start. This move deals no knockback whatsoever. However, the damage per second is high and when the move is fully charged, it deals a short 2-3 second stun period in addition. The priority is godly, and has great range. Note that it has quite a bit of end lag, so spamming it can result in a bad time for N. Trance.

Down Smash: Magnet Pulse
N. Trance fires a thin beam of lightning, which creates an intense magnetic field on the ground in front of him.

Damage (Uncharged, Lightning Bolt): 4%
Knockback (Uncharged, Lightning Bolt): Never Kills
Damage (Charged, Lightning Bolt): 7%
Knockback (Charged, Lightning Bolt): Never Kills
Damage (Uncharged, Manget Field): 16%
Knockback (Uncharged, Magnet Field): Kills at 157%
Damage (Charged, Magnet Field): 20%
Knockback (Charged, Magnet Field): Kills at 135%
Priority: Fair
Tips: Just like Down Tilt, you don't want to use this at too close range. The wiry lightning bolt causes hardly any damage and almost no knockback. You want to get the field generated by the bolt on the ground to hit enemies. It has some start lag, but it's not terrible. A good idea is to use an uncharged Down B into a Dsmash, followed by an aerial or Up B.

Aerials

Incomplete

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Okayz, let's get some more requests going here! Go to THE STADIUM now, go to "Sandbag Reviews", and request now!... Before it's too late!

And that IS weird, Mendez. What happened to everyone? I think they're all biding their time.

*bides his time*

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Well it is only the first day and it is Thanksgiving...plus I think a lot of people don't want to post this early out of fear of their movesets being forgotten about..

Not that I plan on doing so, but is anyone gonna do a moveset for the guy from Dead Space? xD

half_silver28

Smash Ace
so it's begun... It's nice to see TWLI, Warlord, spadefawks & others in action again. Trunks & guntz are awesome, but I'm afraid to go near warlord's wall of text :dizzy:

& I have to have some clarification on this subject... WOULD AN NEW AND IMPROVED BATMAN MOVESET BE OK TO POST HERE??

mendez appeared to say that it wouldn't be correct, but Warlord has included batman in his SSE as a normal character instead of a 'MYM 3.0 guest' when I told him I would be reposting my moveset here. Also, Batman did NOT make the top 50, if that works in my favor :)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I probably should have waited... but w/e.

I'll just advertise my movesets if needed once in a while.

Though regardless, my other movesets are most likely going to beat Sam easily.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
CORTEX AND TINY WINS!!

I also enjoyed looking at Dimentio's moveset. ^_^.

I will create my moveset when I have time
it's a character from Crash Bandicoot as well, but i'll never tell :p

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I believe that the current protocol is that you can only remake movesets from MYM 2 or earlier. Alternately, the changes have to be so drastic as to be an entirely different moveset, with only an attack or two carried over. Adding detail isn't enough, unfortunately.

At least, I think we're going with that.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
TWILITY: Hurr, Trunks is AWESOME. Here's your one free Internet:

Chris: Cool moveset, I like his Neutral B.

Blitzy: Looks good so far, I'm looking forward to the whole thing. The pic looks wierd though...

I'm playing WiiMusic all night, then I will work on Angry German Kid.
WiiMusic is as good as Brawl. Srsly.

Someone should do Dog the Bounty Hunter as a moveset.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I believe that the current protocol is that you can only remake movesets from MYM 2 or earlier. Alternately, the changes have to be so drastic as to be an entirely different moveset, with only an attack or two carried over. Adding detail isn't enough, unfortunately.

At least, I think we're going with that.
I just flat out don't like this rule. Batman barely got any recognition in MYM 3, & it looks as if my best moveset so far will get absolutely none now. :(

... I'll keep working on spyro then. I might start working on midna as well, to ensure I get both of them done. If there's a change in the rule or anything, I'll be the first to take advantage of it. :lick:

I included Batman in my SSE not as a mym 3.0 guest because because you said you were going to do some improvements. . .Reposting is against the rules. Don't worry, he'll still be in as a guest if you're not gonna improve him, but you can't just repost him here.
I said I was going to 'improve' him, not completely remake him, which I think is what K.Rool is implying. He will be better :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I just flat out don't like this rule. Batman barely got any recognition in MYM 3, & it looks as if my best moveset so far will get absolutely none now. :(
The rule is mostly there so that, say, Mendez couldn't resubmit Dracula with a few changes of more detail here and there and a couple more extras. You'll have to take it up with either him or Kibble, though. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the rule, but I do see why it's necessary.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
well, I can assure you that Batman would have more than a few changed details: I'm going keep attacks that I really like, & replace others. But if that won't be enough, I'll take it up w/ kibble ~

D

Deleted member

MYM4 has finally begun! :bee:

But I still need the Fair, Dair and Up Throw for YTT before I can type him up!:mad:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Chocobo!

Chocobo​

Stats:

Size: Roughly Yoshi.
Speed (Run, Walk, and Air): 9/10 (One of the fastest)
Power: 6/10
Weight: 4/10 (birds have hollow bones)
Fall Speed: 4/10 (not quite floaty)
Jumping: 10/10 (very high jumps, but bad shorthop)
Traction: I don’t have a numerical grade for this. Lets just say that it’s incredibly good considering how fast this guy can go.
Range: 6/10 (uses talons and beak mostly)
Grab: 3/10 (has range but lots of lag)
Shield: 5/10 (decent for character size, but nothing special)
Roll: 4/10 (Chocobo is better on approach than in sustained combat)
Dodge: 4/10

They fill the role of horses in Final Fantasy worlds, but they’re birds. Anyways, it will retain the more cutesy and cartoony appearance of the older Final Fantasy’s rather than the “realistic” ones featured in the MMORPG. Fairly straightforward ground normals, aerials with effects similar to the hovering produced by Fox's Fair, and some complicated Special moves meet an unbeatable combination of speed and traction. Beware the emu-looking thing. Enter the Chocobo:

Normals(Ground)​

Neutral combo: A kick followed by.....ANOTHER KICK OMGWTFBBQ. Some knockback on second hit. Rather good range for a jab due to long legs and big feet (8%)

Ftilt: Chocobo snaps a side kick at the enemy. Long range, better than decent knockback with feet sweetspot. (7%w/o, 11% sweetspotted)

Utilt: Chocobo Axe Kick ftw!!!! As an axekick, does good knockback.(12%)

Dtilt: Chocobo pecks at the ground like there’s something yummy to eat. Knockback and ending lag allow this to be chained at lower percentages. (7%)

Fsmash: Chocobo does a sudden dash forward on one leg while roundhouse kicking with the other. Comes out quick but the desired hitbox comes out late. Powerful knockback for a light character with this hitbox. Otherwise, low damage and unimpressive vertical knockback (16% with last hitbox, 5% without)

Usmash:
Does a arcing peck from up to down. Fairly good range, does knockback relative to angle that it hits. Decent knockback for Chocobo. (16%)

Dsmash
: Chocobo Split Kick!!! Powerful, hits both sides, but lag from getting back up from the split position. Decent knockback for a smash attack, also sends opponents at a fairly low trajectory. (15%)

Dash Attack: Chocobo lunges forward beak-first. Lingering hitbox, knockback is diagonal and moderate. (11%)

Throws​

Grab: Chocobo cranes its neck forward and grabs with its beak

Running Grab: same but it hops forward awkwardly if missed

Pummel: Steps on enemies’ feet with talons

Fthrow: lifts off the ground, places feet at enemies’ chest level (approximately) and kicks off with both while flapping its wings. Pretty good knockback at a somewhat low trajectory (10%)

Bthrow: Chocobo throws enemy backwards using only its neck and beak. Less knockback than Fthrow. (9%)

Uthrow: throws enemy up with beak in a spinning motion, doing decent knockback and putting them in a twirling animation. (8%)

Dthrow: pins enemy to ground with talons and rapidly pecks at enemy before sending them away at a low angle too far to follow up. (11%)

Normals (Air)​

Nair: Chocobo Sex Kick!!! Average knockback, but Chocobo has long legs and big talons… (10%)

Fair: Chocobo leans forward until it is nearly parallel with the ground and it does a peck downward. The move comes out fast with some overhead coverage and has average knockback at a relatively low trajectory. (11%)

Bair: Turns around and does four kicks behind it with good range and speed. Knockback is only significant at foot sweetspot, and if done up close the leg hits will push enemy to the foot hitbox on a later kick. (up to 16% if all hits connect)

Uair: Chocobo flaps its wings and gains a little bit of height while it spins with its beak pointed skyward at the enemy. Purely vertical knockback, and fairly strong. (11%)

Dair: Chocobo stomps downwards three times while hovering. Once again, good range and feet hitboxes do powerful knockback and decent horizontal knockback. (12% with all 3 hits)

Specials​

Neutral B: Choco Meteor: Pressing and holding B causing Chocobo to spit out a meteor about the size of a PK thunder. It defies the laws of physics by ascending slowly at first, then speeding up exponentially. It also grows as it increases its speed. When the B button is released, the Meteor falls back down and explodes either on contact or when it hits the ground. In effect, this move is a bit of a cross between Ness’s PK Flash and Snake’s USmash. However, it does explode upon contact and can hurt Chocobo.

If charged fully (5 seconds maybe) the meteor will by then fly off the top of the screen and come back down about the size of one of Ness/Lucas’ PK Starstorm projectiles and a suitably large explosion will occur for around 25% damage and equivalent knockback. At around 3 seconds the Meteor will be high enough for Chocobo to get out of the way before it lands on it.

This move overall can be risky but rewarding and definitely adds some variety into Chocobo’s mostly conventional Normal moves. (5-25% damage)

Down B: Transportation: Holding B makes Chocobo run in place, and releasing it makes him run forward at high speed (almost as fast as Sonic). Charging determines speed and distance. When he runs forward, he has some super armor (in the Final Fantasy games, you could never get into a random encounter when riding a Chocobo) and if he comes into contact with an enemy, he automatically flicks his head up tossing them onto him so they are riding him (but they aren’t controlling him and will look suitably panicked).

If you press A once an enemy is riding you, you come to a screeching halt which throws them forward (no seatbelts for you!) and deals damage according to how much you charged the attack and how far you run before throwing. If the enemy button mashes to break free they will either (1) fall behind you which causes small damage but makes them trip and then get up dazed, (2) fall in front of you causing them to take multiple hits from your stampeding feet causing decent knockback, or (3) they jump off which makes you stop immediately allowing you to follow up with an aerial or anything.

The situation to which the opponent is put if they break out (damage of course, and daze time for falling behind, knockback for falling in front, and height they ascend to if jumping) is exacerbated along with damage. Some options are better at lower percentages and some are better at higher percentages. Also, this allows Chocobo to run on water (ChocoJebus!!! Well in the games, Yellow Chocobos could cross shallow water).

This move can also be used to suicide although at high percentages you can run off, throw them forward and get back onto the stage. Since this move has so many options and applications, you can only charge it on the ground. (Throw = 12%+; Trample (Forward) = 3% + 5# = 15% total; Wipeout (Back) = 6% + Daze; Jump (Up) = no damage, but a tumbling state lasting according to damage)

Over B: Red Choco Flare: Chocobo’s feathers turn red and it breathes a fireball out. Bigger than Mario’s and far more bouncy, but slower too and they cannot be fired as rapidly. More damage of course and it actually has a bit of knockback. It pushes Chocobo back too. (10%)

Up B: Black Chocobo Flight: Chocobo’s feathers turn black and it is able to fly. It will still fly if it attacks, although the length of flight time will be decreased by each attack. Chocobo will only be able to land on the spot in front of the tree that enters the round with Chocobo at the beginning of the match (see Strategery), otherwise he will only be able to get as close as one Chocobo-height away from the ground or any part of the stage.

The flight effect will run out eventually, causing Chocobo to shed his black feathers and fall helplessly towards the ground. This move is much better than most flight moves in that you can continue to attack and have full directional control. The drawback is that you can only land in a specific spot, otherwise you cannot land and will be easily attacked once your flight runs out. (N/A)

Final Smash: Fat Chocobo​

Chocobo becomes Fat Chocobo, a Giant, morbidly obese version of regular Chocobo (not quite as large as Giga Bowser of course). Chocobo flies swiftly to the top of the screen and comes back down as Fat Chocobo, who upon landing on the stage causes an effect similar to Ganondorf’s Final Smash with the initial stomp. He then inhales things like Kirby but with a huge area of effect and in all directions, chews them up, then spits them out powerfully.

Taunts​

Up Taunt: Chocobo spins once and starts raising its wings while going on tiptoe repeatedly (similar to Sprite-based Final Fantasy after your party has won a battle)

Side Taunt: Chocobo Moonwalk!!

Down Taunt: Mimics the Roadrunner from Looney Tunes, but instead of “Beep Beep” it would be a “Wark” or “Kweh” depending on language settings.

Victory Poses​

1) Chocobo eats some Gyashal Greens while everyone applauds.

2) Chocobo does the spin and then the wing and toe raising in tune to the music

3) Chocobo has black feathers and circles above the ground looking confused (Black Chocobos can only land in forests in the games)

Victory Music: The Final Fantasy victory song played after a successful battle. Any of them. I don't care. As long as the first few bars are played, I'm happy.

Pros:
+ Fast in all aspects

+ Great approach

+Solid, intuitive regular ground moves

+ Hovering aerials may confuse opponent

+ Decent killing power for a fast character

+ Unusual special moves give character an unpredictable edge

Cons:

- Bad in pitched combat (rolls and dodge not the best)

- Unusual air-ground game may take getting used to

- Special moves may not compliment people who would otherwise use Chocobo for a straightforward character

- A bit light for size

Strategery

First and foremost, when Chocobo is in a match, there is a tree in the background right behind wherever he spawns. By "in the background", think of the Pokemon Trainer for a second. Get it? So his Up B can only land when he's near the tree. Otherwise, you have to wait until the time is up or you get hit, which is bad. Now onto some more general stuff....

Chocobo is incredibly fast and larger than normal. That's weird.

Chocobo has fairly conventional ground attacks giving him a solid, if predictable ground game.

Chocobo's aerials are all functional in most situations, and using the Bair and Dair will produce a hovering effect where downward motion is mostly halted and horizontal motion is decreased somewhat less. You can use these two moves to "Air Stall" as well as using the Up B to harass and gimp most people's recoveries, which you will probably have to do as Chocobo has only decent killing power while being very light.

Chocobo is fast in every way and has good range with his kick attacks, so his approach is great. However, while locked in close combat, his rolls and spot dodge leave something to be desired. So it's best to use him as a hit and run character until you get the enemy off the stage, where you are free to harass them as much as you want.

Chocobo's main weakness is that he is fairly big AND light, so you'll have to be careful and make use of that speed. Also, aside from some Air Stall tactics using Bair and Dair, Chocobo can become predictable, although he is fast.

That's where his Special Moves come in. They provide him with some interesting options although it's hard to find situations to use them. However, some creativity and thinking ahead will help give you an opportunity to show your opponent some Choco Magic.

|end moveset|

editting happened

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, the survivor recap just gave me a good idea to add to Ken's Neutral Special.

So, Warlord, what do you think of Doggy?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Pelikinesis said:
Feel free to critique. I'm actually very concerned about how readable it is. Using HTML to post, even with all the convenient buttons, is still really tedious for me. My main concerns are whether or not my characters are overpowered or underpowered, if i inadvertently copied another person's moveset, and if my character is both true to their original game but also adds something new to Smash (hypothetically speaking, I mean).

But hey, say whatever you want.

And say it quick, because I'm going to post 2 more movesets for Tonberry and Cactaur, also prominent and (in)famous monsters from the Final Fantasy series of games. Do it now, before they suck also.
DOOOOON'T POST MULTIPLE MOVESETS SO SOON. Wait a while before posting Tonberry and/or Cactaur.

...I'm reading it now, and will edit this after I do.

Okay so in general, I freaking love it. Chocobos are like, super-awesome, and this is a really promising start as your first moveset. I'm particularly in love with Transportation and Chocobo Meteor. I know I would never have been able to think of a way to incorporate the Enc-None ability of Chocobos into a move like that.

So like I said: awesome job overall.

So like I said: overall. There is one big problem here, which is that you rely almost entirely on other characters for inspiration. Even if the Ftilt is super-similar to Samus or Yoshi's, you should never admit that openly. Don't even mention those characters, and chances are you can make it read like an entirely different move.

Ditto for things like his Up B. Seriously. At first I assumed you just hadn't gotten around to it yet...but only one sentence? A sentence that literally says "this is the same as Pit's" and nothing more? Bah. At the very least, make the move different from Pit's by increasing flight time and lowering speed (as I recall, Golden Chocobos aren't exactly speedy fliers).

Honestly this is the only flaw I can find. Sure, other people might tell you that you need damage %s for more moves and other such small extras...but really, if you can stop relying so much on other characters to explain your character, you'll be golden.

...Oh, right, the BBCode/HTML. First of all, there are shortcuts you can use to apply the stuff--pressing Ctrl+B will bold a selection, for instance. It doesn't work in all browsers (Firefox and IE both work, but Chrome doesn't, as far as I know), and obviously if you aren't using a PC Keyboard you're out of luck, but things will move much faster if you learn those.

Also it generally gets easier with time. You'll see.

As for how readable it is: it's not bad, but it's not too great, either. I'd suggest either bolding the red text, or switching to a different color, as I (at least) am having a difficult time reading it. Also centering those pictures for the Final Smash would probably look better. Also bolding the damage %s (along with the parentheses) helps set them apart from the rest of the move. Also that's it.

So yeah. You've got potential man. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom