• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique Thread

Corigames

Smash Hero
So I found out why I can't access smashboards... I got IP banned. Why? My roommate has an account and, of course, so do I. So SWF thinks that I have an ALT account or something >_> So, I can only access smashboards when I'm not at home and still around the internet, which is almost never.

Great.

I swear I'll critique that video soon though when I can figure something out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
HEY GUYS LOOK!

It's Hugs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLD5EbPOkz4

@ Grunt:

Don't ever get above a falcon >_< If you are above him, immediately get back on the ground. Getting comboed by Uairs is not fun, and, in your case, it lead to an uncontested %50. Try wavelanding to a shield to get back on the ground.

Standing missiles when someone is right next to you is not a good idea. especially when that someone is a Falcon... with a knee.

Whenever you are trying to edge guard him in the air, you always go for the Dair. Aside from it getting predictable, you should really try FFing into a sex kick or just staying on the edge and tilting.

Don't get into a mindset with one move. Just because you miss a Nair doesn't mean you have to do it until it connects. The game changes from second to second. Something that was useable in one instant is not always good in the next.

If you are in tumble and you are going to barely make it back, don't be so trusting as to think that Falcon won't edge hog you. Break your tumble with bombs into a bomb jump if you need to.

There were a couple times where Falcon was off the stage and you just waited for him to come back. DON'T FORGET YOU HAVE MISSILES. Also, once you get him off the stage, you pretty much can kill him only using her Utilt since he can't sweetspot the edge. Remember that.

Please don't roll. Everytime a Saums rolls a kitten gets *****, left homeless for a week while it constantly rains on it, gets forced into devouring its own tail out of sheer hunger, gets chased by dogs, falls into depression, gets addicted to heroine, and then is killed by cancer at a young age. DON'T ROLL!

Also don't upsmash. Similar rules apply.

In general, you need to wok on your timing. There were a lot of attacks that would have landed had you waited for the tech to end or for him to actually be close enough to be hit. I would also say that you should practice your sweetspots. There were a few places that I saw where, had you been facing a slightl;y tougher opponent, you would have been severly punished for coming up a bit too high from the edge.

There's actually a billion other things I want to say, but I can't put them in words at the moment. It took me forever to get this down and now I want to go play me some smash :D

Please don't roll. Everytime a Samus rolls a kitten gets *****, left homeless for a week while it constantly rains on it, gets forced into devouring its own tail out of sheer hunger, gets chased by dogs, falls into depression, gets addicted to heroine, and then is killed by cancer at a young age. DON'T ROLL!

Also don't upsmash. Similar rules apply.
Unless you're me. :p

So I'm guessing your "that's not HugS" comment on the vid was just sarcasm? (I can't tell with text unless I know the person IRL)
I was wondering about that too, but I guess it doesn't really matter because the video's from '06 and therefore... well... not really worth watching I'd say...

On a similar note though, for awhile I contemplated making videos and trying to pass them off as Aniki playing, because for awhile I had his playstyle copied pretty well, even his move-choice in certain things (even down to the little jump jump screw attack victory taunt when he won a match) (and even though I disagreed with some of them sometimes...). And while it may not seem like it was that practical, at the time, not wavedashing and forcing myself to use different attacks was really helpful for awhile.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The post here was sarcasm. I don't think that is Hugs in that video on youtube. If it is... off day? It doesn't look like him at all. I just stumbled upon it while looking at videos today and thought it was sad.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Video 1:
Don't depend on the bomb recovery against link. As you can see, he has plenty of effective ways to ruin it. Be prepared to stop what you are doing and recover a different way.
Don't always try to DI down, it sometimes leads to combos. If you get hit, Di one direction, and continue to get hit, try DIing somewhere else.
You have no mindgames. Every move you did you were using to try to hit with. Sometimes you just have to WD back and tilt and try to provoke them into doing something. Otherwise, you are always the one attacking which makes you more obvious. If you can trick them, then your opening will be much easier.
Also, that Link could have pulled off a nice combo called D throw, Uair... it hurts.

Video 2:
If you are going to charge Link, do it. If you run towards him and then fall back, then you are only going to get hit by spam. Either stay on him or stay back, being in the middle will get you nowhere but a nice combo.
Wall tech that **** :D You got it the first time, but you have to keep it up. I mean, it's not like it hits at different times. If he is going to hit you with it, the window of opportunity is small, so it makes it easy to guess when it will hit.
Air dodge then grapple? Maybe?

Video 3:
In case you don't know, Samus' Uair has Priority over Link's Dair. Meaning, that her legs will beat Link's sword in this instance. So, if he is above you, it's generally a safe plan to use the Uair to keep him off. Note though, this isn't true for Y Link.
You are way too reliant on the Fsmash. You are suppose to use it as a kind of finisher. At a good percent, you can knock people off and then supreme edge-guard them. If you use it all the time though, then it becomes not only predictable, but easier to DI and tech. Remember that tilts are still a great way to rack up damage INTO the Fsmash.
Nice chaingrab.
As I've said in other threads, I don't like the grab. You rely on the grab... a lot, and you get punished for it... a lot. Be more careful when whipping out that thing.

Video 4:
I can see that you are diversifying your recovery in this video, and that's good. However, don't lose your spacing when you do improvised tactics. If you think you aren't going to make it, that's probably your experience telling you that you aren't. I can tell immediately after getting hit by certain moves that I am NOT going to recover from them, it's just the same when I try to space things. You just know when it's not going to work. so, either work on your spacing/timing or take more "safe" routs when recovering even at the penalty of getting hit again, because getting hit again is better than killing yourself.
Be more efficient with the charge shot. If he still has an airdodge left, expect him to use it. If he can put up his shield, expect him to do so. If he air dodges or up B's then you have a safe window. When tech chasing too.

Seems interesting to watch even though you labeled them boring. I can see the trouble you have with that Link, but you'll get over it after a while. Please don't just play that one Link though. Even if you do start beating him, then the next one you play will start the whole thing over. You need to learn to fight characters, not players. Get around what characters can and can't do. If you only pull out player flaws going into a match, then you are going to be up a creek when it's time to play new faces.

Thanks for the videos.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If you want something to critique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RFB1lRrMdc <-- recommended (FoD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ACEixnzkWs - Yoshi
- Less grabs because it sucks in large doses.
- More tilts. Ftilt in particular.
- Use jabs a little more often. Im assuming you can jab cancel.
- Less random bombs, although that could be some kind of mindgame you put together.
- You just get hit by everything it seems like. Shielding can solve that problem.
- You should stop falling on top of Link every time you are hit really high. There is a high chance of getting dominated while in that position.
- You need to work on edgeguarding/edgehogging. Utilt poops people off stage. And I dont know the matchup that well, but I think edgehogging ***** Link.
~ Hope that helped a little bit.

Alukard

Smash Hero
sry for the double post but u guys should at least say sumthing

i'm going to go hard with samus again =]

Thanks for your time and comments guys.

Though, I'd like to rebut a few things if you don't mind...

First off, I distinguished "critiqueable" vids from non for a reason... but... oh well. In the first two videos we're both just messing around - in the second two, we're actually trying. Maybe you can't really see a difference, but I can definitely tell, so...

I'll sort of rebut the first two videos but...
Video 1:
Don't depend on the bomb recovery against link. As you can see, he has plenty of effective ways to ruin it. Be prepared to stop what you are doing and recover a different way.
Don't always try to DI down, it sometimes leads to combos. If you get hit, Di one direction, and continue to get hit, try DIing somewhere else.
You have no mindgames. Every move you did you were using to try to hit with. Sometimes you just have to WD back and tilt and try to provoke them into doing something. Otherwise, you are always the one attacking which makes you more obvious. If you can trick them, then your opening will be much easier.
Also, that Link could have pulled off a nice combo called D throw, Uair... it hurts.
- Of course he has ways to ruin my bomb recovery. But overall it's best to come in close to the stage than try and get back as fast as possible. I try to DI around the arrows and bombs when I can.

- No mindgames - maybe. One thing I know for sure, in the Link matchup, you don't really want to be staying around in Link's danger zone - either go for the attack or stay away. Ftilting may reflect a boomerang, but is useless against Link's sword. Of course in this match I'm mostly just messing around so...

- For Link, dthrow to uair only works if I don't bomb. Though if I bomb though and he dodges it, at low percentages he can chaingrab me, so it depends.

Video 2:
If you are going to charge Link, do it. If you run towards him and then fall back, then you are only going to get hit by spam. Either stay on him or stay back, being in the middle will get you nowhere but a nice combo.
Wall tech that **** :D You got it the first time, but you have to keep it up. I mean, it's not like it hits at different times. If he is going to hit you with it, the window of opportunity is small, so it makes it easy to guess when it will hit.
Air dodge then grapple? Maybe?
- I'll agree, my tech skill probably needs improvement.

- Yeah I was thinking about something else there and kind of forgot about the game, heh (airdodge-grapple).

Video 3:
In case you don't know, Samus' Uair has Priority over Link's Dair. Meaning, that her legs will beat Link's sword in this instance. So, if he is above you, it's generally a safe plan to use the Uair to keep him off. Note though, this isn't true for Y Link.
You are way too reliant on the Fsmash. You are suppose to use it as a kind of finisher. At a good percent, you can knock people off and then supreme edge-guard them. If you use it all the time though, then it becomes not only predictable, but easier to DI and tech. Remember that tilts are still a great way to rack up damage INTO the Fsmash.
Nice chaingrab.
As I've said in other threads, I don't like the grab. You rely on the grab... a lot, and you get punished for it... a lot. Be more careful when whipping out that thing.
Alright, one of my critiquing videos...

- I know what priority means... but thanks for the info.

- I'd disagree, fsmash is a great normal attack, but perhaps I am using it a bit too much in that match. Again, I'm still trying to figure out the matchup a bit.

- Thanks. I'm experimenting with that chaingrab on Link and I got a little lucky there I guess...

- I still argue for the grab, but, I am using it a bit much in the video. Should be more careful though, I agree.

Video 4:
I can see that you are diversifying your recovery in this video, and that's good. However, don't lose your spacing when you do improvised tactics. If you think you aren't going to make it, that's probably your experience telling you that you aren't. I can tell immediately after getting hit by certain moves that I am NOT going to recover from them, it's just the same when I try to space things. You just know when it's not going to work. so, either work on your spacing/timing or take more "safe" routs when recovering even at the penalty of getting hit again, because getting hit again is better than killing yourself.
Be more efficient with the charge shot. If he still has an airdodge left, expect him to use it. If he can put up his shield, expect him to do so. If he air dodges or up B's then you have a safe window. When tech chasing too.

Thanks for the videos.
- Thanks.

- Less grabs because it sucks in large doses.
- More tilts. Ftilt in particular.
- Use jabs a little more often. Im assuming you can jab cancel.
- Less random bombs, although that could be some kind of mindgame you put together.
- You just get hit by everything it seems like. Shielding can solve that problem.
- You should stop falling on top of Link every time you are hit really high. There is a high chance of getting dominated while in that position.
- You need to work on edgeguarding/edgehogging. Utilt poops people off stage. And I dont know the matchup that well, but I think edgehogging ***** Link.
~ Hope that helped a little bit.
- Ftilts don't seem to do much against Link unless I catch him offguard, and then I can get a few off on him, otherwise, if I'm close enough to ftilt him, that means he's close enough to either hit me with a projectile, shffl fair me, or grab me.

- Not sure which bombs you're talking about, but, if he throws me up and I bomb, at the right percent I can escape a uair, other times, I may be stalling time, but it depends which bomb I'm doing.

- Shielding against Link is a tough game. I get close to him and shield, he grabs me and potentially throws me into a combo, because his attacks are very fast and his grab can reach from just the right distance. If I shield from afar, well... slightly different story. I'm looking for places to shield, but I'm also trying to shield as little as possible when I'm in bad places.

- As for falling on top of Link, sometimes I mean to, sometimes I don't mean to, but I think after getting hit so many times, I agree that it's probably never a good idea.

- Utilt doesn't work on Link unless he's going for the sweetspot, as his sword reaches through the level and will hit you before you hit him. I find it's good to hit him fast with a sex kick on his head to prevent him from hitting you with his up+b.

- Helps a little thanks.

That's about it for now... post more later.

Alukard

Smash Hero
why are samus players sigs amazing ... ??

EDIT:theres a thread for this isn't there ... i definitely remembered >.>

So you post it in a video thread?
So you comment on his comment about another thread in a video thread and then read a critique to your comment in a comment in a video thread?

O wat, that can keep going.

Mine... I made in Vegas... screenshot of Brawl. Kinda lame quality though...

Corigames

Smash Hero
First off, I distinguished "critiqueable" vids from non for a reason... but... oh well. In the first two videos we're both just messing around - in the second two, we're actually trying. Maybe you can't really see a difference, but I can definitely tell, so...
Mah bad. I saw videos, I watched them, I was just following logical order... to pick them apart bit by bit.
I try to DI around the arrows and bombs when I can.
Ultimately though, when it comes down to it, when you bomb jump, you have to hit the bomb. Duh right? Well, if he hits you or the bomb, you are sore out of luck, especially if he just hits the bomb >_<
Just saying that you don't HAVE to bomb recover every time.
- No mindgames - maybe. One thing I know for sure, in the Link matchup, you don't really want to be staying around in Link's danger zone - either go for the attack or stay away. Ftilting may reflect a boomerang, but is useless against Link's sword. Of course in this match I'm mostly just messing around so...
No no no. I'm not saying for you to *****-foot around him for a little while. For instance:
Link JC's the boomerang, arrows, and bombs right? Well, perhaps you should shoot a missile right over his head on your approach instead of right at him. This way he isn't given the option to simply jump over it and counter spam as he will get hit, and most people avoid that.

Just saying, you don't always have to charge in and try to make every move connect.
- For Link, dthrow to uair only works if I don't bomb. Though if I bomb though and he dodges it, at low percentages he can chaingrab me, so it depends.
I don't think I've ever been chaingrabbed by Link. If you can stop him with a bomb, sweet, but you should also DI away too (if you aren't). If all else fails... up B?
- I'll agree, my tech skill probably needs improvement.
This is true for everyone though. Everyone needs to improve their tech skill.
- Yeah I was thinking about something else there and kind of forgot about the game, heh (airdodge-grapple).
Focus Mah BOIIIIIIIIIIII
- I know what priority means... but thanks for the info.
Sorry for the lecture, but what I was just trying to say is Uair is good vs Old Link.
- I'd disagree, fsmash is a great normal attack, but perhaps I am using it a bit too much in that match. Again, I'm still trying to figure out the matchup a bit.
Work it out then, but what I'm saying is don't try to overdo it. for example, I know a lot of mediocre Ganon players. One common trait they have is the use of the Down B. If Ganon gets hit while doing it he will either CC or clank with the other move and then IMMEDIATELY do it again. This is predictable and punishable. Don't get caught doing this. If you miss with a move, don't feel over compelled to continue to do the attack 'till it works. It might seem obvious, but we all do it sometimes.
- Thanks. I'm experimenting with that chaingrab on Link and I got a little lucky there I guess...
Luck > Skill

Alukard

Smash Hero
i guess the match up isn't just up b falco huh ... FALCO IS GAY

IMO worst match up ... that or marth

'Fro

Smash Lord

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ok... for some reason every time I try to go to the links on the past couple posts I can't connect.

Weird.

Oh well, I'll try later, sorry about that. Keep smashin'

'Fro

Smash Lord
i feel you... some of Fro''s links don't work for me either....
Odd....I just tried them, and they all worked just fine. Was Youtube doing maintenance or something? Anyhow, I would appreciate any input I can get from what you've managed to watch so far.

duals

Smash Journeyman
Anyhow, I would appreciate any input I can get from what you've managed to watch so far.
(I only watched your fox/ falcon vids)

This is my playing style and you don't have to follow it but i use a lot of bombs for both offensive and defensive strategy. I probably lay just as many bombs as I fire missiles. Especially against Falcon. Laying a bomb over the edge as he Up B's ruins his sweet spot which you can follow up with an up tilt.

But your a great samus player over all.

And i lol'd at the last stock of the fox match...

Corigames

Smash Hero
Video 1:
First flaw, don't go above Falcon!
I don't know why that Falcon wasn't very aggressive, but there were a couple places where he could have really smashed you up had he stayed on you.
When he approaches you expect the Nair, that's the combo started for Falcon. Put your shield up and make sure not to be hit by the second kick! After that, try a WD away into a ftilt, it seems to work for me.
When he was recovering the first time, you backed up and tried to Fsmash him. That's not necessary. a simple Utilt would have ended his stock right there, it just needs the right timing is all. It may not be flashy, but you would have saved yourself some trouble ahead.
Nice use of Up B to save yourself, but the second and third time was a bit much. You were already very far in the air. Personally, I would have tried a bomb, but I guess it worked out for you anyway.
When pokemon stadium goes into that mine style, never go in the middle. There isn't anything samus can do there against people aside from getting comboed. Gerneal plan is stay out.
You can't miss those edgegaurds. Line it up and knock him out. And, as always, Utilt ^_^
Nice DI on the stomp, but once again, don't Up B unless you have to, you are vulnerable after it. Be careful.
Be reactive after getting hit. You called him coming after you but he didn't do a thing, so you did an Up B for no reason and got left WAY open.
Nice third jump.
Falcon's DI is amazing, which is why the Utilt is so powerful against him. On that last stock, had you uptilted, you would have hit him if he went for the edge OR tried to go over you. That's what makes it great, you don't have to react to the DI, you just hit them.

Video 2
when fighitng Marth, you have to be a bit defensive. You have to punsih him instead of straight out attackig him. If you try to hit him first, he'll just hit you through your move, especially in the air. Dodge and punish is the name of this match-up.
If you didn't know, most characters can be hit at the end of their roll get-up before they can do anything. You could have taken advantage of that, but you missed the oprotunity. Just watch for it and learn the timing for next time.
Battlefield >_<
When you are above Marth, instead of trying to break through him, you have to try to pass through him. Meaning, don't attck him on the way down, you'll just get out prioritized. Try bomb jumping to mess up his timing and then air dodging to get passed him. Otherwise, you just get juggled. Also, remember to dodge the attack, not the assumed one.
Since Marth almost always comes in from below on his recovery, it's an excelent idea to drop a bomb off the edge in his way. He'll either dodge it and mess up his spacing or hit it and mess up his spacing. Either way, it usually means he dies or is open for an attack.
Don't waste plasma! Shoot it only when you know it will it. It takes too long to charge and is too easy to lose to give out that 25% and extreme knockback.
Also, try more to stay on the ground or generally below Marth. You may dodge one attack by jumping, but then you are just setting up for trouble that way. Don't forget your dodge and shield!
Nice try on the tech chase, you almost had it.
Don't assume he'll attack you, REACT, or you do dumb things like that suicide :p
And yes, there was an Fsmash or two.

Video 3
Nice first stock. Way to use that charge blast and tilt. This Falcon fight you are playing much better.
Why did you just let him come back 2nd stock though? You could have goten a free stock off!
Don't trade off being flashy for practicallity. You could have gotten that second stock again had you just held on.
BTW, Falcon uptilts too XD
Tilts my man. You could have gotten him again had you gone for the tilt instead of the smash. I promise it works.
When falcon goes for the multi Uair combo, you did what was need to get away, but Falcon almost always has to recover from below to make it back from that. Just keep that in mind.
Nice jab to tilt.
Ha ha ha, way to make him suicice. Take everyone you can ^_^
I was almost glad to see that Dair connect, but then it didn't. You might have been safe going for another dmage move instead of a Meteor. I mean, he probably would ahve broken out anyway at that percent, so hitting him AWAY instead of DOWN might have worked better.
I liked that bomb, jab, explosion, hit combo. It looked neat. (Xbomb :p)

Cool Samus, fun to watch. Just make sure that you don't let things slide and that you react instead of assuming.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Just got done with a tourney last week, and I plan to train up for a bigger tourney next week, so some critique would be appreciated:

'Fro(Samus) vs. NJzFinest(DK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDW595HGJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QFGCHE5P_U

'Fro(Samus) vs. KSO (Fox/Falcon):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgT4GhK99R4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WwIYl0jEo

'Fro(Samus) vs. NJzFinest (Sheik):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7bdYHOKuQ
Thanks in advance, fellas!
Video 1 VS DK
Why did you let him charge up? Put pressure on him while he's vulnerable!
Those Bairs you will never get through. Wait for him to get too close with his spacing and try to WD under them OR shield and then Up B out of it.
PUNCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Try not to do the second part of the jab. It's not that great and itleaves you a smige open.
Watch out for that Uair juggle. I'm not sure what to tell you other than DIing far left or right instead of up or down. He'll get you if you stay orizontally the same.
PUNCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DK's range is decepitvely large. Don't let him fool you. Space correctly and you can punish him ok, but be careful.
Don't be so afraid to shield him. Obviously don't get grabbed because it either leads to an upthrow follwed by Uairs or a Fthrow off the edge followed by Bair edgaurding, but shield none the less.
Nice call on the charge shot.
Ewww... cheap death with the grab off the edge.
Video 2 VS DK
When DK is in Bair mode, grabbing generally doesn't work since he's off the ground.
Well it looked like the last one, so I'm moving on.

Video VS Fox
If fox is going to take the time to shine the missile, then do this. Do a MC, follow it and then hit him out of the Shine lag from reflecting with a Dair. Even at 0% this sets up for a combo into a Dsmash or fsmash.
If he starst wrecking you with shines, start dropping bombs. It's difficult to get in on someone when there is a bomb there. If he runs in with an attack, just CC and punish, works every time on fox.
Be careful where you land out of an Up B. Had he Upsmashed you, you would have been dead for sure. Don't always go away eitehr, coming straight down can throw people off too.
Don't hesitate so much. You keep waiting for him to do something so you can punish, and that's good, but you are waiting far too long! You have to do something...
I think that Fox is very scared of your charge blast. I think you would be better off holding on to one and punishing him every time he tries to shine it. I think you would get more damage in that way than in the shot itself :p

Video VS Falcon
Despite popular belief, windmill of fury does not, in fact, win games.
Wow... that was a fast first stock.
Ow, he kneed your toe. Watch for that.
When he came out to finish you off and missed, you could have really caught him on his mistake instead of falling back.
No chargeshot left behid man. Shoot to kill with those, not to scare.
Don't over use the Up B against Falcon. It's good for what it's worth, but if you use it too much he will predict it and punsih you before you can do anything. Moderation is key.
Nice shot with his tech. That's how you do it.
Ew, way too high on that recovery. Had you been going for the sweetspot, you could have at least wall-teched it and recovered.
Keep cool. Don't start flurrying around if you miss a few hits. Ragining into unaimed dash attacks and jabs won't get you any closer to that hit you need. Back up, regroup, and go back in.
Nice utilt.
That's another reason why I like the Tilt BTW. You are less liekly to get grabbed by Falcon's Up B.
Was that an accidental Upsmash? I hate those >_> I hate that move <_<
Don't get caught up in missiles so much that you forget your spacing. If he's on the ground, he's as fast as sonic, so don't leave yourself open!
Time those tilts.

Video VS Sheik
Sheik's Bair > Samus. Shield it.
Watch out for Sheiks Needle triangle. Air needles are the hypotenues, ground needles are the base, and she is the... side... wall... thingy. Basicly, watch out for the firing angle she's at.
Work on that Battlefield grapple sweetspot. It's very small, no room for error. Either that, or don't be afraid to grapple under and either wall jump back of float back.
If Sheik starts being a jerk with the platform Bair wall, WD forward with your shield up and break it. She'll be forced to do something new or you can Up B her. Whatever you feel like. Just keep the pressure on.
Don't try to jump the needles either. Just shield them as you approach or you will get hit. It's all part of their plan to do that to you.
Watch that diagonal needle on recovery, that's her primary edgegaurd. If you can get around that, you can get back against her. Jsut know that nothing you have will break through it, not even the up B.
While the Dsmash is good against her, don't over do it. It's predicatable to spam it like that.
to edgegaurd a sheik: Grab the edge, wait for her to start the up B, roll get up. If she goes for the edge, she'll die from not being able to grab it. If she goes for the stage, free it to back off the stage. It may not be fun, but it works.
I would say don't even bother using the charge shot against sheik onthe stage. Almost everything she has will eat it up, even 1 single needle. Use it against her on her recovery while she's still far out. It will force her to FF or double jump to avoid it and ruin her options for reovery near the stage.
DO NOT TRY TO CC PUNISH SHEIK. It only ends in lots and lots of pain on YOU.
Uh... the ending? What happened?

Corigames

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8Si-AenWM

i dont usually post my videos for critique, but please tell me how i can get better approaching marths, since all the match i was at the defensive
Oh why the view of the tv from the side and from a camera? ;_;
Lol upsmash. How I hate you so.
You sure do like those standing missiles, you sure you should be doing that? I think that after doing the first two, you could have switched to a grab instead and gotten him.
Punish him, donm't let him punish you. This is already an uphill fight, don't give him a lift too >_>
Lovely tilt ^_^
I don't know how you got that grab without getting hit by the Nair, but I guess whatever, it worked.
Uh... Zair... srsly?
Wasted plasma, how I hate to see it go.
Ha ha ha, nice try with the reverse grab @_@
Wall tech!
Oh, unlucky powershield.
Windmill >_<
Camera man is killing me.
There's not a lot to commetn on about this video. You both seemed to be playing very safe, which doesn't make for commentary. Plus you won, how am I suppose to critisize you if you win? Pfft

If you want to approach Marth, you move forward, dodge, and then punish. You aren't going to get through anything of his, not even with all the spam in the world. Just dodge and punish. Dodge and punish. It may be annoying, but you won't be trying to put your hand through a grinder without getting hurt.

ALL VIDEOS COMPLETE

NEW RECORD!

Top Bottom