• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Brings back memories... (Lighthouse in Gold/Silver)...

BANETTE, SPIRITOMB, AND GENGAR FTW

EDIT: Darn... I was hoping for Banette and Spiritomb... CURSE YOU KINGK.ROOL FOR ****** MY CHILDHOOD!
Hey, what can I say? First Generation FTW!

frogman: We still get 50 votes, with ten of those being super votes. Just like before. :confused:

Spade: Aha! I've found a Pokemon that YOU like, as well! Eeeexcellent...

The great thing about that line is that they're all completely different, with completely different attack potential. Methinks an idea is forming...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
is that because wanted to do it before? anyway, Nack was a great read hyper, too many good movesets, and we are only allowed to vote for 10 movesets right, IMO we should be allowed more votes at this rate.
Agreed x 100. I'm could already make a voting list right now and we're only on day three.

@Tanookie: Thank you! I was quite fond of that move myself.

@Spade: Glad you like it. ^_^

@Mendez: What's scarier, Cortex and Tiny or Nack?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MY EYES, AAARRRGGGHHH. you should really add colours, titles/headlines to your moveset Weldar. That is really detailed for your first moveset, just please add some BBCode (EDIT: it looks better now, just make the name of the move a different colour or bigger in size).

EDIT: oops, I thought I read somewhere on the firat post that we had 3 super votes and 7 normal votes. And come on, there is about 20 movesets already desearving of a spot in the top 50.

Also add Dr. Eggman in the scary to read stuff ;)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You can only touch me like that with 1st Gen Pokémon, since that's the only generation I was going with. I can't identify everything beyond the first 151, except for Pichu and Lucario. =P

@Chief Mendez the Magnificent:
You hate me, don't you! You never say anything to my stuff! ;_;

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Hey, what can I say? First Generation FTW!

frogman: We still get 50 votes, with ten of those being super votes. Just like before. :confused:

The great thing about that line is that they're all completely different, with completely different attack potential. Methinks an idea is forming...
They grow new limbs every stage @_@

I just thought of a Megaman.EXE idea,
although the Standard Special seems close to Original Megaman Moveset's Standard Special...
Would that still be allowed?

Weldar

Smash Cadet
MY EYES, AAARRRGGGHHH. you should really add colours, titles/headlines to your moveset Weldar. That is really detailed for your first moveset, just please add some BBCode.

EDIT: oops, I thought I read somewhere on the firat post that we had 3 super votes and 7 normal votes. And come on, there is about 20 movesets already desearving of a spot in the top 50.

Also add Dr. Eggman in the scary to read stuff ;)
Okay, Salsa has colour, I'm kind of rushes and have to go now so I just made each section a different colour, if it's still unbearable I'll fix it when I get back.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What's scarier, Cortex and Tiny or Nack?
...I'd actually say Nack, since 90% of him isn't just obscenely long extras.

But that's just the impression I got.

You hate me, don't you! You never say anything to my stuff! ;_;
O RLY?
Don't expect anything about the King though. I hate the CD-i games, and I hate YouTube Poop, so not there's literally nothing there to grab my interest.

although the Standard Special seems close to Original Megaman Moveset's Standard Special...
Would that still be allowed?
NO NEVER IT SHALL NOT BE
...Yeah, that's fine. Just don't go copy and pasting the idea, alright?

EDIT -

@Weldar: That's definitely a start, and I'll at least skim over it now...but some of those colors kind of blend together. Bolding and resizing would help a lot.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
The Salsa and Fassad moveset is pretty **** cool. Also ironic, because I just started chapter 3 in Mother 3 today (haven't played in ages). It's very interesting, and fun to read.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I so badly want to read Nack. . .But I'm so **** busy. Dancingfrogman's Dr. Robotnik (Which I'm reviewing) is a monster. Seriously, it's harder to read this thing than Cortex and Tiny. The actual moveset, anyway.

The king will be next, and I would've called Nack if not for a certain king that is cruel. . .As well. At least I reviewed Grevious.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Eeck, I didn't know it was THAT bad, I actually feel a tiny bit guilty for writing so much (it better have a good result though).
Eh, when I looked at it again, a lot of the length is becuase you have big sections for each move on its uses, so If someone just wants to see the move itself they can skip over a lot of it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Rock Lee is the second most gayest being in Naruto, next to Maito Gai. Sorry, but it's fact.
Incorrect!!! Rock Lee is like the coolest Naruto character ever. He can open the gates of life and become freaking powerful (plus he's even more awesome when he's drunk!!!) Next to Gaara to being the coolest of course ;D

NACK THE WEASEL (A.K.A. Fang the Sniper)
Dude that was an awesome moveset. Probably your best moveset yet. Great job.

Okay, here we go, my first moveset. Please leave any comments or criticisms as I really want to now how it is

Salsa and Fassad

Ahh!!! THE COLORS!!! THERE'S TOO MUCH!!!!!!!.....but otherwise its a pretty good moveset.

Assist Trophy: Rick Astley

Effect: The screen turns into the music video for Rick Astley's music video "Never Gonna Give You Up". Everyone just plays on an invisible flat surface that stretches across the whole screen. This Assist Trophy lasts for the entire duration of the song.

Video: Rickroll yourself.
Freaking epic win :bee:

HARKINIAN, THE KING OF HYRULE
"Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!"

Lol, huge lol at that moveset Spadefox. Great job :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Say, TWIL, I've reviewed Trunks. Check it out on The Stadium.

Warlord: FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Looking at the most recent entries on the stadium qeaue leads me to believe that K.Rool is the one who adds the names to the list. :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Eh, when I looked at it again, a lot of the length is becuase you have big sections for each move on its uses, so If someone just wants to see the move itself they can skip over a lot of it.
Ah, but people won't know that about the moveset unless they read it, and they won't read it if they're scared off by the huge amounts of text.

So while it might be nice for a diehard Robotnik fan to have all that extra info...for everyone else it's a big turn-off.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Looking at the most recent entries on the stadium qeaue leads me to believe that K.Rool is the one who adds the names to the list. :laugh:
;)

I wondered if you'd catch that. It's not always me, but in this case, it was.

Usually, Mendez does that (as well as keep the Movesets page up to date), but he's been slacking, so I handled it (but not the Movesets page, too much work).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ah, but people won't know that about the moveset unless they read it, and they won't read it if they're scared off by the huge amounts of text.

So while it might be nice for a diehard Robotnik fan to have all that extra info...for everyone else it's a big turn-off.
Says, the guy who made 35 moves in one for Megaman.:p

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Just to throw in my two cents on other movesets.

So far my favorite is definitely Mendez's Mega Man. Original, amazingly organized, and nostalgic to boot. Absolutely loved it.

Other praiseworthy submissions:
Guntz (haven't read Lyon yet, but this one is excellent)
Dimentio (sooo long but soooo good)
KOS-MOS
General Grievous
Dr. Robotnik (probably my second favorite at this point)
Marina (OMG I miss that game)
Nack

I hope my submissions can someday compare to these.

Wait, his name's Rock Lee? I thought it was Who. :ohwell:
So many lulz. I love that routine.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Calill

Mu ah ha and ha! *insert Mandark laugh here* Calill is done...ish! I still want to add trophies and whatnot but it's pretty much complete.

Calill, Crimea's mistress of flame, joins the Brawl!

Calill, a vain yet talented sage from Fire Emblem, uses a combination of short-range melee swipes and fiery enchantment to rack up tons of damage on the opponent. Despite having a wealth of unpredictable kill moves, her heavy-like movement speed and jump height combined with a relatively low weight makes it almost impossible to approach opponents. Calill needs to rely on baiting the opponent into her mid-range comfort zone to effectively KO. Her Down-B move, Sigil, is perfect for that purpose, forcing the opponent to move exactly to where they don't want to be. Her tilts are good for setting up her smashes and her side special can be used to replace aerials in the event that their range and versatility don't serve their purpose. Unfortunately she has no effective way to deal with camping, as her firey hitboxes have no priority, and energy projectiles are completely unstoppable. As such, Calill is bound to have a wealth of good and bad matchups, and will take plenty of skill to beat both overly aggressive characters such as Metaknight or campy characters like ROB. Due to the nature of many of her hitboxes, she'll be trading hits a lot.

Lists

Pros and Cons:
+ Plenty of good kill moves
+ Easy to rack damage
+ Very effective at her range
+ Great attack speed
- Lightweight
- Slo-o-ow
- Very small jumps and a predictable recovery
- Nearly nonexistant priority on fire moves

Stats:
Size- Calill is a bit shorter than Marth, but only by an teensy tiny margin.
Power- Calill in general has a lot of kill moves, and most of her moves rack damage fast. A glass cannon, if you will.
Speed- Sloooooow. She moves at about Bowser's speed for fear that she'll hurt her delicate feet moving faster than her opponent.
Weight- Very light, around MK's weight. She's obsessed with her image, so she sheds pounds like a tree in fall.
Jumps- Her jumps are again very short- she's a mage, not a superpowered plmuber who needs to jump over dinosaurs for a living.
Traction- She's not going very fast to begin with- excellent traction.
Fall Speed- Average, a bit faster than Mario though.
Walljump/cling- Nope. Not very athletic.
Crawl- You think she'd stoop to that level?
Glide- And do you see any wings?

Animations:
Idle- Calill stands with her knife at her side. Occasionally she will reach up and push a lock of hair out of her face, or pull out a compact mirror and touch her eye.
Walk- Calill walks along at a leisurely pace. She holds her knife arm in front of her, holding it as if she were withdrawing a sword from a scabbard.
Dash- Calill holds her knife and tome at her side as she haphazardly runs forward, looking down at her cape periodically to avoid tripping.
Crouch- Calill gets down on one knee, lowers her body, and holds her head up, dagger poised.
Roll- Calill simply swings her cape and steps back/forward in a graceful motion, moving a very short distance rather quickly. Her rolls do not change her facing.
Sidestep- Olé! Calill holds one arm out with her cape in a bullfighting motion, stepping to the side and back.
Airdodge- Calill spins in the air, cape flying.
Trip- Calill steps on the hem of her cape and falls flat on her face.
Prone (Face up)- Keeps her upper body up with her arms.
Prone (Face down)- Pounds the ground with her fist until she gets up.
Geddup- Calill lets out an indignant growl as she clambers to her feet, dusting off her cape.
Dizzy- Sticks out both arms, windmilling to prevent herself from falling over.
Sleep- Calill floats into the air and sits cross-legged, resting and concentrating.

Standard A

A: Uppercut- Calill does a quick uppercut in front of her, knife in hand, turning her back/front to the screen slightly in the process with a smug expression on her face. This doesn't rise higher than her head and has very little range. It can stop non-explosive physical projectiles like the (Toon) Link arrows and boomerangs, as well as thrown items. It has great speed and phenomenal priority- unlike her magic moves, her knife attacks are purely physical (from a technical standpoint- most fire attacks don't get absorbed by the bucket or the Mother boys Magnets) and as such can clank with plenty of moves- due to range it rarely means a hit. 3% and no knockback, chaining into AA.

AA: Knife Sheath- Calill brings the knife back down in a slashing motion in front of her, pulling it back towards her when it is level with her waist, where it disappears under her cloak. This move, again, has high priority, but this time with more range. 2% and minimal sliding knockback, enough to prevent being counter-grabbed.

AAA: Sucker Stab- Calill lowers herself and lunges forward in one nearly instantaneous motion. The lag after AA when she pulls the knife in leaves a window open for some long grabs or a very fast roll or jump, but normally the attack goes right into the enemy, eating through sheilds and staying out for a bit, dealing med-high knockback that can KO at around 120%. 7% and great priority again, with a tiny, rather low hitbox.

Ftilt: Fire Tome- Calill snaps her fingers audibly, and a lick of flame blossoms in front of her. This happens at about head level and doesn't quite touch her hurtbox during the move. Low crouches like Jiggs and Kirby can dodge the move entirely. The move lasts for three seconds, the first almost-second being where she snaps- the only lag and no hitbox. The second second is the burst of flame, which deals disjointed 8% damage with a fire effect. Very little knockback and priority, simply popping them up a bit and only sending them diagonally up about a Yoshi's Island platform length at high %s. No KO potential. The thrid second is the dying down of the flame. Touching it at this point deals 1% and no knockback beyond a quick flinch. Note that after the snap, Calill is free to do anything except another Ftilt while the fire is out, meaning that she can put up a quick hitbox and retreat when in uncomfortable close quarters.

Utilt: Flame Ribbon- Calill snaps her fingers and a white-hot ribbon of flame shoots up, does a couple of loops above her head, finally ending by going behind her to curve to shoot forward a bit. Other than the upper hitbox, the horizontal part of the move has very little range. Despite this, the move deals 9% and is a viable upwards KO move over 110%. The main downfall of this attack is its duration, which requires precise timing to get the hitboxes in the right place to avoid punishment, along with the complete absence of priority. It happens pretty quickly, only taking about 2 seconds, with most of the first one being the snap, but using it is risky due to the shifting nature of the hitbox. Handle with care!

Dtilt: Ankle Stab- From her crouching position, which is very similar to Marth's, Calill pulls back her knife and thrusts her knife forward, with range comparable to Ness's Dtilt. It has very high priority, and holding the A button until she pulls it back can very slightly increase the time it stays out, to stop edgeguarders. It can be repeated constantly with no decay until it hits, but the low-to-the-ground hitbox and windup between strikes makes it impractical to use as a barrier to approach. This move benefits from Pyro extra, doing three hits of 4% rather than 2%. From base damage it deals 6%, but it has plenty of knockback and can actually kill fairly well. If the move hits its sourspot at the tip, it deals rather pitiful knockback but forces prone, setting up Dsmash with ease.

Dash Attack: Feint/Phoenix Rush- When Pyro is not active, this move causes Calill to end her dash with a forward motion, lunging forward much like the third hit of her AAA. The move has lots of priority but much less power than her other moves, as she literally pulls her punch. Calill has super armor during the lunge, which deals 5% with low knockback. After the attack part of the animation ends, she spins her cape in front of her while quickly sliding backwards- ending up further back from where the attack began. It allows her to get a safe hit in while retreating infallibly.
When Pyro is active, however, Pheonix Rush replaces Feint. The attack is much the same, except that the forward hitbox is surrounded in a rush of flame much like Kirby's Melee dash attack. The move deals 6% with high priority if the knife hits, but this time with REAL ULTIMATE POWER! It can kill lightweights at 75% easily. If the flaming barrier connects instead, it deals 2% with little knockback and a fire element effect. The move comes with a screeching sound effect similar to the screech during Falcon Paunch. The retreat does not occur, and using Pheonix Rush instantly dispels Pyro.

Ledge Attack: Flame Rune- The ground just above the ledge bursts into flame. The hitbox deals 4% multiple hits and no knockback, but it does trap the enemy there for a second after Calill gets up, allowing her to initiate, for example, an AAA combo. Again, the move has no priority- sufficiently ranged hitboxes can strike Calill as she gets up, without interrupting the move. Above 100%, the move gains a bit of knockback and Calill takes longer to get up, since leaving them there to hit her is a bad thing.
Rising Attack: Fury of the Valkyries- Flame erupts around Calill as she clambers to her feet a la her geddup animation. The flames are fueled by rage and as such are unfocused, having no priority or knockback and dealing 3%. It's a fairly large hitbox, however, and appears very quickly, keeping those not in the middle of attacking at bay.

Aerials

Nair: Ka Tamashii Gekido- The air around Calill's legs begins swirling into a ring of fire, swirling for two seconds before dissipating. The hitbox is very close to her hurtbox, but she kind of curls up a bit during the move so there's not much of her that's not covered- she still hates disjointed hitboxes that don't care about the protection, but kicks and punches will either whiff or trade hits on this one. Almost no startup lag, but the hitbox begins in the back, so there is a split second of vulnerability at the beginning. KTG deals a good 8% despite its lackluster range and makes a good short-hopped aerial, even if it has very little knockback. (And if you know where the name Tamashii Gekido comes from, you get a cookie. Or the deep feeling of worthlessness that comes from Googling it in quotes, you sneaky weasel.)

Fair: Elfire- Calill basically uses her Ftilt with 10% and it looking closer to Octal Burst. She can angle this attack a bit, allowing for a little more control over the move. Not much to say about this move besides the fact that it's impossible to tell what she's going to do- Octal Burst or Elfire. This move has much more power than her forward special, and acts as one of her best aerial KO moves. One effect of this attack, however, is that after the snap, Calill actually changes her position in the air- starts facing the other way, so pressing in the same direction would trigger Bair instead. This can be somewhat useful when recovering or when trying to remedy a mistimed jump out of dash dance.

Bair: Triple Baselard- Calill slows her fall and draws a larger knife, covered in serrated teeth. The windup as she pulls the knife is significant- just under two seconds. Turning around swiftly, she stabs three times behind her, first with long range a bit above horizontal, the second with medium horizontal, and the third with short range a bit below horizontal, each dealing a whopping 12% with great knockback. This'll KO MK at 80%. Despite the move having three hits, the knockback of the move and time between hits ensures only one will connect, even if the duration (2 secs) is more than enough to hit a vulnerable opponent. Calill lets out a fierce cry as she executes the move. The exertion of power during the attack leaves Calill in normal FallSpecial, unlike her Up-B, which has a completely helpless freefall.

Dair: Flaming Stalactite- Calill totally stops her momentum in the air and snaps, while a ribbon of flame starts at her feet and makes its way downward, spinning shrinking in width as it moves downward until reaching 2/3 Calill's height below her. The move deals comparatively little damage (4%)and treats all nondisjointed hitboxes as if they were disjointed, meaning that it's all but useless against anyone with a decent Utilt. However, in the air, a slight wind effect keeps people from getting close enough to Calill to hit with most Uairs, and leaving them right at the tip of the move, which acts as a potent meteor smash. The move lasts for just under three seconds, leavign her open if she whiffs.

Uair: Knife Toss- Calill throws her knife in the air 2/3 of her height above her, where it spins for a second and comes back down to her. It deals 5% in multihits but completely ignores DI, making it inescapable until the end, which is fairly short. It doesn't stay up for long at all until someone hits it, in which case it takes a bit for it to come down again, leaving Calill vulnerable in FFAs. It's got good range and deals 6% with okay knockback both on the way up and on the way down. Calill can't use knife moves until it comes back, nor can she move beyond about a Bowser-width around where she was when the move began, but since it's so short this is rarely an issue. It usually comes back before she hits the ground from a full double jump. If hit by a move while waiting for the knife, it disappears and is assumed to have returned to her hand. The spin deals 10% when Pyro is active due to the move being multiple hits.

Smashes

Fsmash: Alight- Calill, once again, snaps her fingers, causing a small spark to sparkle just in front of her for a bit over a second. Upon an enemy making contact with the spark, they are engulfed by a fireball, which holds them dealing 14-22% over a period of time ranging from 3-5 seconds while Calill is immobile. It deals rather mediocre knockback upon release, however. In addition to this, it can be easily taken advantage of in FFAs, allowing one to either slam the target or Calill herself. Since it has little startup lag, it makes a great damage racker in one-on-one. It's can't be DI'd out of and is very useful in team matches to boot. One technique that can be used is to catch someone while timing the hit with the disappearance of a disappearing, dropping, or moving platform on certain stages. The enemy remains alight but Calill is free to attack. Note that the last two % of the move happen after the move ends, allowing them to attack while taking damage.

Usmash: Arcfire- Calill withdraws a deep red tome as the charge to the move. Upon releasing the move, she puts the book away as six swirling fireballs form a ring above her head, spinning in a ring as they close in on the spot right above her head. The move initially causes 3% as the enemy is either trapped inside the ring (if hit with the top of the hitbox) or is burned by the fireballs without being trapped (hit by the edges of the hitbox). After this, the ring collapses, causing 13-20% and great knockback, sending the opponent straight up. A 0-10% enemy can be hit with Utilt and chained right into c-stick Usmash with relative ease. To see the move in action, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD5Co4PEq5M when Calill herself attacks as the first move. Envision that except above her head. BURNINATION!

Dsmash: Bolganone- Calill begins throwing patterns of light on the ground and in the air around her during the charge animation. Upon the release of the move, the ground underneath Calill explodes in a flaming swell, cracks appearing in the ground filled with lava. This move literally cannot hit someone in the air, but against a ground foe it has tons of power, dealing a good 15-22% depending on charge. The move actually doesn't have more knockback than most C-stick smashes until full charge, at which point it gains utterly massive launching power, comparable to that of a charged Jet Hammer. The radius of the move, however, decreases the more it's charged, so balancing range for power is important. At no charge, it's further than as if G&W were using his manhole cover Dtilt on both sides, but at full charge it barely extends past Calill herself. Against a foe who has trouble in close quarters, charging is a good option, but for the more aggressive ground-based characters, the c-stick variety is indispensable.

Specials

B: Pyro- Calill slowly draws her knife up in front of her, enchanting it with fire magic. After three seconds, she has another second of invincibility as she pulls her knife down to waist level vigorously, as her cape flaps. This move causes all moves involving her knife to gain a 1% bonus to damage, among other described effects. Calill can execute three Pyro moves before this wears off- good to use after you've KO'ed someone in order to start off the new round with moar powar. Pyro leaves Calill vulnerable to attack for a while, making it very difficult to set up without items or strategic use of Sigil and Ftilt. Only usable on the ground.

>B: Octal Burst- Calill snaps her fingers in a manner identical to her Dair, Fair, Ftilt, Fsmash, Usmash, and Utilt, making it hard to predict which move is about to come out. After the snap, you may press on any of eight directions on the control stick to generate a huge burst of flame in that direction. The circular radius of the move depends on the strength of the tap, as does the delay from snap to burst. The move leaves Calill in FallSpecial when in the air for the duration of the burst of flame, and it has quite a bit of lag. Its ability to cover all sides is welcome protection, however. On the ground, pressing a downward direction cancels the move without lag, unless you're on a drop-through platform, in which case the move acts as normal. It deals 8% and medium knockback, KOing mid-weights at 150%. Like most fire moves, it has no real priority- although it constantly acts like an aerial move, using the aerial priority rules. A large burst can hit fairly easily if faced with a laggy aerial. However, if a move hits Calill during the move, it instantly disappears.

^B: Thunderhead- Calill uses a thunder tome for this one- a large, sparking cloud appears an Aether height above Calill, which deals 3% if touched and deals a bit of knockback. Calill becomes a thread of electricity that travels up to the cloud. Tapping in either direction causes her to swerve a bit on the slow flight path, able to reach either side of the large thunderhead. However, the move can be easily gimped when used for recovery- jumping into the electric thread deals 20% and Warlock Punch-esque knockback to the gimper, but Calill herself goes into a totally helpless state- unable to even DI in either direction or grab the ledge, usually falling to her death. It can be used for offense onstage, but it is slow, easily avoidable, and leaves her with tons of lag. Hitting the ground from the freefall state gives three seconds of inescapable prone animation. Ouch.

vB: Sigil- Calill takes three seconds to set up a glowing point of light, hanging in the air shaped kind of like that star above like the stable where Jesus was born or the FE10 critical flash thingy- the four-pointed star thing? Yeah. It's about the size of a soccer ball and if an opponent makes contact, three tiny orbs of flame chase the enemy to half a battlefield platform away from Calill's position when the Sigil was activated, dealing 3% multiple hits. This sets up Ftilt and Octal Burst easily, and can be used for extreme mindgames and such. Two sigils can be present onstage at once. (These can be bucketed and magneted, but counters and reflectors merely negate the move.) This will be set off by rolling, dashing special moves like Quick Draw and Fox Illusion, and non-projectile disjointed hitboxes. This move initiates FallSpecial when used in the air.

Grabs and Throws

Grab and Attack: Sigil Burst- Calill's grab has decent range- a bit shorter than Lucas's tether and much faster. Three sigil stars appear in front of Calill, activating and shoving the opponent into Calill's grasp. This is one of the few grabs that deals significant damage from the actual grab- it deals a good 6% by itself. The grab attack is a very quick series of 1% stabs, allowing one to rack up up to 10% before one even throws.

Fthrow: Nihil Toss- Three deep blue rings close in on the opponent in a flash. Calill sets off an explosion of flame that deals medium knockback and 5%, but the real effect of the attack is its Nihil property. After being thrown by Calill's Fthrow, the opponent cannot use their ^B move until they hit the ground or are KO'ed. At high percents and against characters with small jumps, this can be a death sentence.
Bthrow: Nihil Spin- The three rings once again surround the opponent and lock out their ^B. This time, Calill uses a thread of electricity to spin the opponent around her twice before releasing the behind her for decent knockback and 6%. This has more knockback than the Fthrow but is longer, thus reducing effectiveness in FFAs. Great for KOing heavies without good recoveries.
Uthrow: Nihil Eruption- Once again, the three blue rings close in on the opponent, but this time, Calill throws upward, propelling the opponent with a flash of flame. This move, however, as a vertical kill move, disables the ability to attack, dodge and such- the opponent goes into FallSpecial on the way down, thus leaving them incredibly vulnerable on the trip down. It's fairly weak and only KOs around 150%, but deals a respectable 7% and severely hampers the opponent's defenses.
Dthrow: Nihil Ground- The three rings lock on the opponent again, but this time Calill simply kicks them away with pathetic knockback. It deals only a measly 3% and can't chaingrab. What's the point of the move? It disables the opponents ability to jump for five seconds, allowing you to wail on them with Bolganone or other ground moves!

Extras

FINAL SMASH!!: Meteoric Rexflare- Calill activates her master skill, Flare! The most powerful fire tome, Rexflame, along with the long range tome Meteor, receive the benefits, and burnination ensues. Calill jumps to the top of the screen a la Lucario, throwing patterns and lit symbols in the air around her. First, the move locates the lowest grabbable edge on the level, and causes a tide of magma to rise from the deep up to that point. This makes falling to one's death impossible. The magma deals 5% per hit, and all damage dealt by the lava restores Calill's HP. Second, meteors begin falling slowly from the sky. These huge comets are twice as large as PK Starstorm's comets, but move fairly slowly, taking 5 seconds each to leave the stage. They fall on diagonal angles and obstruct much of the stage. Hitting a comet deals 20% and large knockback. After 30 seconds, Calill falls to the ground, and the lava recedes. Play on Norfair for extra effect!

Taunts
^Taunt- Calill adjusts her hair and face with a compact mirror.
>Taunt- "You face Calill, world-class sage!"
vTaunt- Blows a kiss toward the screen.

Victory
Victory 1- Largo and Amy appear with Calill in the victory procession, and they do a group hug. Awwww...
Victory 2- Calill performs her up taunt in a loop.
Victory 3- "I told you I was world-class. But I suppose you commoners never listen."
Defeat- Calill claps five times, checks her nails, and repeats.

Entrance- A lightning bolt falls from the sky and Calill emerges in a flash of light.

Symbol- The Falchion, like all FE characters.

Kirby Hat- Kirby gains Calill's hair. Since Kirby has no knife moves, Sigil replaces Pyro as the move Kirby uses.

Costumes-
Red Team- Calill's cape turns a deep red with black trim, and her hair is dyed red.
Blue Team- Calill retains her cape color, but the pink on her dress becomes aqua blue and the orange trim navy. Her hair is dyed black.
Green Team- Calill's cape becomes a faded light green with forest green trim, and the dress becomes a deep green with white trim. Her hair remains the same.
Commoner- Calill's hair is a dusty brown, and her robes match, all turning various shades of tan and brown. The bangles and jewelry become brown and wooden.
Sorceress- Calill's cape turns jet black with silver trim, and her dress turns a deep red with black trim. Her hair is black and she wear even more eyeshadow.

Snake Codec-
Snake: Hey, Mei Ling. What's up with this chick? She calls herself a world-class sage.
Mei Ling: Oooh! Where does she get that lipstick? I've been looking for that shade for weeks!
Snake: Mei Ling, now is not the time. How do I fight her?
Mei Ling: And that hair? Who does it? The nail polish is flawl--
Snake: MEI LING! Snap out of it! I didn't expect the girly inquisition! Just tell me how to fight her!
Mei Ling: NOBODY EXPECTS THE GIRLY INQUISITION! *hangs up*
Snake: Oh, for the love of... never mind. There's fire, so bombs are probably a bad idea...

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Just to throw in my two cents on other movesets.

So far my favorite is definitely Mendez's Mega Man. Original, amazingly organized, and nostalgic to boot. Absolutely loved it.

Other praiseworthy submissions:
Guntz (haven't read Lyon yet, but this one is excellent)
Dimentio (sooo long but soooo good)
KOS-MOS
General Grievous
Dr. Robotnik (probably my second favorite at this point)
Marina (OMG I miss that game)
Nack

I hope my submissions can someday compare to these.

So many lulz. I love that routine.

Thanks. I joined the contest recently. After looking at all the movesets, you tend to think of some unique ways to make a moveset awesome. You can do it if you keep moving forward.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Usually, Mendez does that (as well as keep the Movesets page up to date), but he's been slacking, so I handled it (but not the Movesets page, too much work).
I was asleep, geez... >.>

Says, the guy who made 35 moves in one for Megaman.:p
And I shrunk each of them down to a ridiculously small length! And I put them in a list so they're easy to distinguish from everything else if you don't want to read all of them!

STOP SWEATIN' ME!!

Also, Should I just review Newcomers movesets? It's feels Easier to critque...
If they ask for it, yeah...

...I guess? Why are you so concerned with reviews? Barely anybody requested reviews from me at first, but it got better as time went on--just chillax, man.

=D

I love you so much right now.
You really need to change the font for Caliil though. Seriously, I literally can not read it right now.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, man. On a side note, I'm going to to El Goonish Shive's Grace for my next moveset. (If you've never read EGS, google it now. Really.) After that it's Lord Crump and the X-Nauts. Then I might do Lethe, Galaxy Man, and Stinkoman 20X6 (Making-small-rocks-float-up-off-the-groooouuuund!)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Mendez: Excuses, excuses. We do not need sleep. We are everyone. We are no one. We are here. We are nowhere.

I'm really not getting much recognition, here, am I? Umm... quick, everyone, go read Mendez's review of Snorlax! *flees*

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Snake Codec-
Snake: Hey, Mei Ling. What's up with this chick? She calls herself a world-class sage.
Mei Ling: Oooh! Where does she get that lipstick? I've been looking for that shade for weeks!
Snake: Mei Ling, now is not the time. How do I fight her?
Mei Ling: And that hair? Who does it? The nail polish is flawl--
Snake: MEI LING! Snap out of it! I didn't expect the girly inquisition! Just tell me how to fight her!
Mei Ling: NOBODY EXPECTS THE GIRLY INQUISITION! *hangs up*
Snake: Oh, for the love of... never mind. There's fire, so bombs are probably a bad idea...
I love Calill's Snake CODEC conversation. Hilarious. :D

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
VERY SWEET Calill moveset TVT!!! Really awesome job for a fire mage, though it's RexFlame, not Rexflare :p.

Now to get my own mage underway :bee:

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
VERY SWEET Calill moveset TVT!!! Really awesome job for a fire mage, though it's RexFlame, not Rexflare :p.

Now to get my own mage underway :bee:
Intentional- She activates Flare with Rexflame and Meteor simultaneously. Thanks for the positive feedback.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Amazing job in Calill, TV. I really feel like every 3.0 regular improved a lot. [color=20202020]Even me.[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom