• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I just finished Tails Dolls aerials, so now what I have left is the grabs, final smash and the extras now. Oh and I will say this, the main description of the moves (Tails Doll moves without Curse improvements) is shorter than Dr. Robotniks descripition of moves, but it is still detailed, and I think (i'll ask at the time I publish Tails Doll) is that the detail is just right, but I shouldn't really comment on my own work really.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I just finished Tails Dolls aerials, so now what I have left is the grabs, final smash and the extras now. Oh and I will say this, the main description of the moves (Tails Doll moves without Curse improvements) is shorter than Dr. Robotniks descripition of moves, but it is still detailed, and I think (i'll ask at the time I publish Tails Doll) is that the detail is just right, but I shouldn't really comment on my own work really.
Heh. I look fowards to Tails Doll. Oh, and are you going to shorten Robotnik's descriptions, becuase then I'll give you time to do that before I review him.

And I love that you're doing Omega. Between your move sets, and my Nack and Black Doom, Sonic the Hedgehog is going to take MYM4 by storm!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've added Grovyle's ground, aerial, and special attacks, but the grabs & throws and the taunts are still being worked on. Also, it'll be awhile before I get to Blaziken along with the Final Smash. Recolors will also be added to the moveset when possible.

May

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Heh. I look fowards to Tails Doll. Oh, and are you going to shorten Robotnik's descriptions, becuase then I'll give you time to do that before I review him.

And I love that you're doing Omega. Between your move sets, and my Nack and Black Doom, Sonic the Hedgehog is going to take MYM4 by storm!
1. I've shorten the appearance detail, getting rid of the unneeded descriptions of the badniks now already.

2. LOL, I guess i'm the sonic fanatic around here I guess :laugh::laugh:, next thing you'll know i'll be scooPING AS low as doing Shadow and Knuckles movesets

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
1. I've shorten the appearance detail, getting rid of the unneeded descriptions of the badniks now already.

2. LOL, I guess i'm the sonic fanatic around here I guess :laugh::laugh:, next thing you'll know i'll be scooPING AS low as doing Shadow and Knuckles movesets
Ah, it looks much better now. Though it may be a while before I get around to reviewing him, I'm trying to get a big chunk of the secret guy done for now.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
<Though she maybe hungry all the time, the most underrated Fire Emblem mage, Ilyana, joins the Brawl>

Description:

Ilyana (イレース, Irēsu?) is a mage that joins the Greil Mercenaries with good ability in casting lightning magic. She had been traveling with a merchant caravan, but when the Daein invasion occurred, they became separated, and she was forced into helping them fight the mercenaries. When she meets Ike during battle, she learns that the mercenaries are guarding the caravan, and is allowed to join them to fight off the Daein soldiers. She later joins the Dawn Brigade after Micaiah rescues her from a Daein prison; she subsequently fights to liberate Daein from Begnion's rule. She joins Ike's group in Part III when her merchant convoy arrives in Begnion. After the war, Ilyana, now known as the Wandering Sage, probably because she travels with the caravan and is always looking for somthing to eat, continues traveling with the merchants and somwhere right now she is still hungry. Ilyana has an unusually voracious metabolism that leaves her hungry no matter how much she eats, and she can be on the verge of collapse due to hunger even after consuming a large meal. She makes a mental note to remember Heather because she offered her food. During the three years in between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Ilyana's hair appears to turn gray. At the end of Radiant Dawn she continues to travel with the merchants and is still hungry to this day.

Wii Remote Message:

"Fighting already....on an empty stomach? Oh boy....."

Stats (out of 10):
Power: 7.5 (Surprisngly, she is a powerful mage character. She can Ko at 85-130% damage.)
Running speed: 5 (kinda bad for this one. She's slightly fast than Ike
Weight: 3 (she's on the light side here. not much to say about it.)
Height: 6.5 (Well rounded here as well. She's not big or small.)
Falling speed: 3 (Being light, she doesn't fall fast. She is a slow faller.)
Attack speed: 5 (Kind of Ilyana's down side here. Some of her attacks are fast, but her more powerful ones are slow.)
First Jump: 5 (Just simply ok here. Not bad by any means.)
Second Jump: 5 (Just simply ok here. Not bad by any means.)
Range: 7.5 (Good job here. She is better than average here.)
Wall Climb: no
Wall Cling: no
Crawl: no
Glide: no

Entrance:
Her entrance has her coming down from the sky with lightenning surrounding her.

Animation:
Standard: She poses with her book tome at the side, and one arm ready to use magic.
Animation pose: She occastionally yawns, and grabs her stomach due to her being hungry.
Dodge: She sidesteps out of the way.
Roll: She rolls out of the way.
Air Dodge: She puts her magic tome to the side and dodges toward the background
First jump: Ilyana leaps in the air like a regular character.
Second jump: Ilyana jumps like Link and Marth.
Running: She runs staright in, with her book by the side
Shield: She puts her magic tome in front of her to block. Be careful...without that book Ilyana, you're nothing!!

B Attack moves

Standard B -- "So Hungry" -- Ilyana looks really hungry when she does this move. She'll say to begin this attack, "So hungry..." She'll then jump a bit forward, and let out a bite, attempting to bite the opponent. Considering that she tells herself that she is VERY hungry all the time in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, of course she must have a move for this!! Ilyana's bite move actually reaches kind of far, considering that she takes a small hop forward, but still, the opponent should be in at least about 1/5th of final destination for Ilyana to hit someone with this bite. It is kind of hard to hit the opponent with this move, as Ilyana is only using her mouth to bite, and that makes the hitbox small, and only around Ilyana's face. There is a bit of starting lag at the beginning (considering that she has the short animation that makes her say, "So hungry..." and her rubbing her stomach.) and if she fails to hit the opponent, a bit of ending lag as well. If you do manage to get someone in Ilyana's biting grasp....

Ilyana is munching on her opponent's limbs (only their arms or legs you perverts >_>). She'll continue munching on them until after 5 seconds (can be reduced to 3 if the opponent shakes around the control stick. The opponent is still standing on the ground when Ilyana is still chewing on them, and will still be standing on the ground if Ilyana lets go. During the time Ilyana is biting, the opponent can't do anything at all. They can move around (at there normal speeds), but they can't attack, jump, dodge or do anything besides running around (while dragging Ilyana around).

You can't control Ilyana while she's still biting the opponent. You can let go of biting the opponent by pressing the standard B again, but yeah, you can't do anything with Ilyana as long as you're still biting the opponent (though considering that the opponent can't jump to go suicide, you should feel safe with the exception of intercepts from other opponents). Also remember, she can only use this move once every 30 seconds, cause you know, she'll be full. Depending on who/what she bites, different things can happen to either the opponent or Ilyana (though most of them benefit Ilyana.) Here they are......

Mario/Luigi/Wario If Ilyana manages to take a bite of Mario, Luigi or Wario, she'll say, "Italian food?" Mario, Luigi, and Wario scream "Mama mia!!" for help, and throw there arms in the air to try to get rid of the creepy girl. If Ilyana manages to get a bite, she'll deal 12% damage to the opponent. Once she lets go of the opponent, she'll say, "Bleh...i hate Italian food!" She'll do 3% damage to herself, realizing how awful the food tastes. (No offense to Italians by the way. Just had to use this joke XD.)

Link/Toon Link If Ilyana manages to get a bite out of the green clothed boys, she'll say, "Heroic food?" Toon Link will swing his sword around in desperatation, and Link tries to shake Ilyana off by moving his arm around. She can deal 6% damage. She'll say, "I feel more brave now!!" She'll have her speed stat increased by 1, and....you know, be more brave for about 20 seconds.

Kirby/Jigglypuff Ilyana says that, "Marshmellows..." which is kinda weird considering that there puffballs not marshmellows. Anyway, she likes the taste of marshmellows/puffballs/whatever and recovers herself 9% damage. Does nothing to the opponent.

Peach Ilyana says, "Emmm....Peaches..."...yeah... She recovers herself 7% damage, and hurts Peach herself 7% damage. Ilyana though can't use this move for 40 seconds, instead of 30.

Snake/Captain Falcon (No she is not attracted to them. Be mature.) Yay, she, have be eaten a part of a manly person, is now manly more womanly, and is now stronger. Her attacks will do the next level of knockback she originally intended (Ex. If she did good knockback, she'll now do great knockback.) This only lasts for 20 seconds though.

Ike/Marth She has eaten (okay bitten), a part of an Fire Emblem lord. She has know a different downward's B move, and now it's a counter move! Basically like Marth's, but only she shoots lightening instead. Only lasts for about 20 seconds.

Game and Watch/Zero Suit Samus She has eaten something too skiny, and this doesn't please Ilyana. She is still hungry, and she can use this move again now. Really kinda useless against these guys.

Samus/ROB/Ganondorf/Metaknight Ouch!! Her teeth, having beaten either metal or armor, now hurt and Ilyana is inflicted with 8% damage. Never try to chew on people with armor. LOLCHILLINS!

Bowser/Wolf/Fox/Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon excluding Squirtle/Diddy Kong/DK/Lucario Having eaten someone/thing beastly, she herself is now beastly!! Well not really, but know she does 2% damage extra to all her attacks for about 15 seconds.

Lucas/Ness/Sonic/Pit/Pikachu/Squirtle/Ice Climbers She has eaten something kiddish/little/something along those lines, and now she herself feels little. She has her height shrink like she just eaten a poison mushroom. LOL.

Falco/Dedede She has eaten....CHICKEN!! She know recovers herself by 8% damage and hurts the bird boys with ok knockback, but absolutely no damage.

Yeah i realize this standard B attacks sounds kinda wrong, but hey, it's unique. Right?

Upwards B -- Thoron -- This powerful thunder magic move is used for recovery options. First of all, Ilyana opens up her tome/book to get ready to use this magic attack. Then, above Ilyana will be a small circle of lightening. That same circle of lightening will shoot downwards, and surround all around Ilyana on the ground. This move has a bit of starting lag at the beginning, and ends with a bit as well. The range covers all around Ilyana (from everywhere above and both her sides.) Still, the opponent practically has to be right next to her in order for Ilyana to hurt someone. If anyone gets caught in the lightening attack, it'll hurt them with 12% damage with nice knockback done to the opponent. I wouldn't recommend using this move at all as an attack, considering how laggy it is.

The recovery option only works if Ilyana is in the air. Basically has the same properties in speed, damage and knockback, but the lightening is aimed in the direction that's opposite to what you have chosen and reaches about 2/5ths of final destination the lightening does. The recovery itself is slightly better than Fox's recovery. It's a fast moving recovery move, but it's laggy.

Downwards B -- Flare -- Ilyana does a super cool animation with her tome, and light surrounds her. Suddenly, a huge circle surrounds Ilyana. I call it, the "Flare circle." Anyway, stupid names aside, the circle that surround Ilyana is about as big as half of the stage Battlefield. If Ilyana leaves the circle, well then the circle disappears. There is a small bit of lag at the beginning for the circle to come out, and when it disappears, there is a small bit of lag at the end as well.

The Flare circle lasts for about 30 seconds before it ends. If any opponents are in the circle, any hit by Ilyana will have an extra 2% damage done to it. If she can rack up to at least 60% damage, it can heal her around 5% damage (just like in the game!) The Flare circle can also end after Ilyana does exactly 10 hits. Once the Flare circle disappears, you won't be able to use this move again until after 30 seconds.

Looks kinda like this: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll159/Ifite4myfriends1090/ilyanaflare.gif

Side B -- Shade -- In the Fire Emblem games, this skill is pretty much useless. Here in smash bros,....it's also kinda useless. Basically, Ilyana does a pose that lasts for about 3 seconds. There is a very dlight bit of lag at the beginning, but little to no lag at the end. If anyone attacks Ilyana while she does this pose, the knockback will be zilch, but the damage is then increased by 1 half of the original intented damage. If Ilyana uses this move 3 times, and gets hit all 3 times, Ilyana will turn.....invisible! Like the cloaking device, if Ilyana gets found and hit, there will be no damage, but knockback will still be applied. Was it really worth it to do all that just to turn invisible? Maybe, maybe not. This move is useful if you don't want Ilyana to get knocked out so easily. Actually this is useful if you want a close call move. If you don't want to suffer damage, well then this move is for you.

A attacks

Standard A -- Thunder -- Ilyana lifts one of her arms up the air, while the other arm holds the magic tome. After that, she'll throw her arm forward, and a lighting bolt comes out, and well effects opponents right in front of her. The lightening bolt takes a while to come out of Ilyana's hand (there is a small bit of lag at the beginning.) The bolt reaches a bit better than most AAA combo attacks (it like covers like one small sized stage builder block.) The hitbox is the lightening bolt, but it is pretty small (like only slightly bigger than Lucario's uncharged aura sphere.) Anyone that gets caught in this attack, they'll suffer 8% damage with little knockback. This is a pretty bad attack, considering that the lightening bolt actually takes a small while to come out (though it's not THAT slow or anything, like only like a very very short while.) To make up for that though, if you use at the exact right time, it can knock down non energy based projectiles.

Hold A -- Sparks -- Holding the A button will cause Ilyana to hold the lightening bolt. Same range and hitbox as the previous move, but there is no lag at the beginning or at the end. Anyone that gets caught in this sparky attack attack will suffer 1% damage and can continuely suffer if the opponent stays in the move. This doesn't do any knockback whatsoever, but instead, pushes the opponent forward, out of Ilyana's range. This can not be used to kill at all. This is a very good damage racker, but if you manage to hit with the previous A attack, the opponent will be too far to be hit with this move.

Side tilt -- Staff jump -- Ilyana will get out her staff for this move. She will then jump forward, and then come down with a huge vertical staff attack strike. The staff strike takes only a very very short time to come out, and the same for at the end of the attack. The range for this move is quite good, considering that Ilyana jumps to reach the opponent, and how long her staff is. It reaches about 1/5th of final destination, and Ilyana stays in that new spot/location. The hitbox for this move is that staff that Ilyana is using (so it's kinda good.) If Ilyana manages to hit an opponent with this attack, it can deal off 8-9% damage with ok knockback. This is useful for an easy reach to the opponent. It is also a decent Ko move, but don't abuse all the time, as this move effects Ilyana's location.

Here is a pic: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll159/Ifite4myfriends1090/ilyanastaff3.gif

Down tilt -- Rising thunder -- Ilyana will slowly bring up her arm, and with that arm motion, small thunder bolts will rise from the ground. The thunder bolts take very small while to come out so there is a bit of lag at the beginning and when they disappear after a very small bit of time, there is a small bit of lag at the end too. The thunder bolts that come out of the ground (magically of course ;D) don't exactly travel up far. In fact, the thunder bolts only go up to about Ilyana's knees (actually, slightly less than that) though it covers all around downwards and covers about as far in total as say around 1/8th of Final destination. If the opponent makes contact with them, it can deal 10% damage with ok knockback to them. It's a laggy tilt, but not that laggy overall, so it can be still be used as an attack (though i wouldn't spam it.) I would recommend using this move only if opponents are about to surround Ilyana.

Up tilt -- Upper Thunder -- Ilyana will look upwards, with her hand to the sky as well. With the magic tome she has in her other hand, lightening will blast to the sky upwards, and then will disappear. This is surprisingly one of Ilyana's faster moves...well at least for the beginning. There is very little to no lag at the beginning of the up tilt, but ends with a small bit of lag at the end. The thunder bolt that shoots upwards to the sky travels about as far as 2/5ths of final destination upwards and upwards only. The hitbox is only the lightening bolt that's being shot to the sky magically, so basically, it can only damage opponents if they're like exactly right above Ilyana. If anyone is caught in the lightening bolt, they will suffer 10% damage with nice knockback to the side. This is useful to get rid of opponents trying to get Ilyana from above, and is surprisingly fast for a tilt. Just make sure you don't miss with this move, or otherwise she'll be open at the end cause there's lag.

Dash attack -- Thunder push While Ilyana is dashing, she'll throw both her arms in front of her. Right after that, she is surrounded by lightening as she dashes forward. This is also one of Ilyana's faster move attacks. There is very little to no lag at the beginning of the move, and ends with very little lag as well. The range for this move is pretty good, as Ilyana moves like 1/6th of Final desination forward. The hitbox is the lightening that surround Ilyana, so basically everything in front of her, from top to bottem of Ilyana's body. So basically, it is not that hard to hit an opponent with this attack. If anyone gets caught in this attack, it can deal off 10% damage, with ok knockback forward to the opponent. This move is useful for Ilyana to travel an extra distance, with little worry (as attacks with good range like Ike's forward smash can stop Ilyana in her tracks.) This is also a good move if you want to score a hit. In my opinion, one of Ilyana's best attacks.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash -- Critical hit/Elthunder Ilyana creates a magical circle that looks like a sigel in front of her direction. Soon, she spins the the sigel in front of her with her hand, and soon a thunder bolt comes from the sky to the ground. Unfortunately for Ilyana, this is one of Ilyana's laggiest moves, though he makes up for it with great range. The speed for this attack is above average for sure, but fortunately, ends with very little to no lag at the end. The range for this move varies on how long you charge up for this smash attack. If you leave it uncharged, this move only goes practically right in front of her. If this attack is fully charged however, it can reach as far as 2/5ths of Final destination. Though remember that range depends on how you charge it, so you gotta estimate on how far it goes by charging. The hitbox only works if the lightening strikes the ground. If Ilyana manages to hit an opponent with this forward/side smash, it can deal 14-15% damage with good knockback, and 17-18% damage with great knockback fully charged. This is a very powerful move for Ilyana, but it's rather slow, though it's chargable range makes up for it.

Looks something like this: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll159/Ifite4myfriends1090/ilyanasdasdsadsadsadsadasdsadasdasd.gif

Up Smash -- Arcthunder Ilyana throws one of her hands to the air, with her other hand holding the magic tome, to get ready to cast a magic attack. Soon, lightening surrounds her hands, looking powerful, and when Ilyana releases it, the lightening expands, comes down, and surrounds Ilyana everywhere. This is a good move for Ilyana as she can use this move to cover all around her, and ensures that she doesn't miss with this attack. The speed for this move is suprisingly good at the beginning with only slight lag at the beginning, but a bit worse lag at the end. The range for this move practically surrounds everywhere around Ilyana, but still the opponent has to be right next to her, or at least near her (it's looks like it extends a few inches all around.) If anyone manages to get hit by this thunderous move, it can deal 12-13% damage with nice knockback, and if this move is fully charged, 15-16% damage with good knockback. This move is good for taking down multiple opponents, though since this attack lags at the end, make sure that there are no other opponents about to attack her.

Down Smash --Travelling Thunder Ilyana motions her hand slowly upwards direction from the ground, with, as always, her other hand holding the magic tome, getting ready to cast some magic. Soon, thunder waves come out of nowhere to the ground, and charge forward fastly, fiercely...on the ground. This is also one of Ilyana's faster moves. It has very slight lag at the beginning, and for once in Ilyana's moveset, only very slight lag at the end as well. The range is probably one of the best in Ilyana's moveset. It can reach from 1/5th of final destination, to all the way to 3/5ths of final destination. With so little lag, and excellent range in this attack, what's its downside? It's a weak attack. If it can hit an opponent, it can deal 8-9% damage with this move uncharged, and 12-13% damage fully charged. The really bad downside to this move is that it absolutely does no knockback whatsoever. Not even a flinch. This move is great for range against opponents who stay on the ground a lot, but can easily be dodged by jumping over it. Also note that it only works on the ground. If it goes to the edge of the stage, the smash attack stops.

Aerial moves

Neutral -- Staff wackity wack This is a REALLY generic attack, but i couldn't think of anything else. Ilyana will bring out her staff for this move (obviously :p.) She will then release wild swings horizontally with the staff the she holds with both her arms apparently. This is one Ilyana's fastest moves, but unfortunately is not that very strong. There is practically no lag at the beginning or at the end either making it the fastest move Ilyana has practically got. The range for this move is pretty bad however, with Ilyana having to be practically near her opponent (or rather practically right next to them) for Ilyana to cause a hit. If Ilyana manages to hit an opponent, it causes 2% damage for each staff hit. Unfortunately, there is no knockback for this attack at all besides causing the opponent to flinch. There are about 10 staff attacks in all. This is a good move for damage racking if you are like really good at managing to hit the opponent. Still, i believe this is Ilyana's worst aerial in her moveset.

Forward -- Thunder appears out of the palm =O Ilyana will have one of her hands forward, getting ready to attack. Then, with her other hand holding the magic tome, Ilyana will perform a powerful thunder magic attack. With the hand this is forward, a small lightening bolt will appear right in front of it, and that is the attack. The lightening bolt takes a slight while to come out, but it's not that long of a lag at the beginning, and ends with none at the end by the way. With her arm extending forward, plus the thunder bolt that comes out from out of Ilyana's hand, it reaches okay far, but nothing special either (kinda of like Ike's forward aerial reach, but slightly longer. It's not better than Ike's forward aerial though if you are getting that idea :p.) If Ilyana manages to hit an opponent with this attack, it can deal off 12% damage with nice knockback. It's probably Ilyana's best aerial move with the power, but is offset by the slight lag at the beginning. A good kill move, but don't abuse it.

Backwards -- Staff charge Ilyana quickly turns around behind her as soon as you hit the backwards aerial button. She will bring out her staff for this attack, use her magic to infuse it with thunder, and Ilyana will let out a swing horizontally with her staff. This, suprisingly, has a bit of lag at the beginning (though not that much at all though), but ends with no lag at the end of the aerial attack. The reach for this attack is better than average, as the staff reaches kinda long though Ilyana must hit at the ball point of the staff to do the most effective damage. Anywhere else besides that will result in a pathetic 3-5% damage with very little knockback. Though if Ilyana does manage to hit an opponent with the ball point of the staff attack however, it can deal off 10-12% damage with ok knockback to the opponent. A good kill move overall, but not the best one.

Downwards -- Thunder shoot down Ilyana will bring her arm in the downwards direction for her next attack. With the power of the magic tome she carries in her other hand, a small thunder bolt will shoot downwards from her hand that is being used to shoot downwards (lol XD). Anyway, there is a small bit of lag at the beginning (though not that much, just like a tiny bit of time) and ends with a considerable amount of lag. The range for this move is only in the straight downwards direction, but said direction being shoot at reaches pretty far (about 1.5/5th of the stage final destination.) If the thunder bolt manages to hit Ilyana's opponent, it can deal off 10% damage with ok knockback, and it shoots opponents to the side from they were coming from. A good move to reach opponents downwards with out being afraid of getting hit, but like said before, there is a bit of lag at the beginning, so watch out!

Upwards -- Staff spin Yay for more staff attacks!! Ilyana will take out her staff for this attack. She will then spin it in the air, like someone is spinning a baton or something. She is is spinning it really fast, that if you get caught in this multiple hitter, there is practically no escape. At the last hit of this move, Ilyana will discharge a small thunder bolt upwards to finish off the opponent. There is practically no lag at the beginning of this move, but when she is about to perform the thunder bolt move, there is a bit of lag at the beginning there. The range for this move doesn't partically reach far upwards (opponents practically have to be right above Ilyana for this attack), but when she performs the thunder bolt at the end, it reaches a bit futher than usual. If Ilyana manages to get anyone caught in this multiple hitter, the spinning staff attack does 2% damage for each hit (5 hits in all) and the thunder bolt at the end does around 6% damage, but nice knockback upwards. It would be great if you could have all hits in for major damage, but if the opponent already has enough damage, the spinning staff move is not totally needed if you want to kill with the thunder bolt.

Grab attacks

Beat down -- Tome wack Ilyana, while holding her opponent with her right hand, will wack away with her magic tome, at a constant pace. Pretty much the most generic move you will find in Ilyana's moveset (lol). It deals 2% damage per hit, and Ilyana holds the opponent in pace, until the player of the opponent goes crazy with the button mashing and forces Ilyana to let go.

Forward Throw -- Staff into a thunder blast Ilyana lets go of her opponent for a second. She will at first let out a swing with her staff horizontally, which causes the opponent to flinch and can cause outsiders hit by this staff strike get flinched as well. She will then let loose a thunder blast, blasting the opponent away. The thunder blasts travels about as far as 1.5/5ths of Final destination, so it can hurt other opponents as well (it does 8% damage by the way). The throw in total does about 12% damage with nice knockback to the opponent. Ilyana is vurnable behind her. Opponents can attack her, and cancel the throw from there.

Backwards throw -- Thunder...backwards? She will use both her arms to throw the opponent backwards (hey give her a break, she's just a fragile girl :p.) She will then use one of her free arms to let loose a small blast of lightening (which can also attack other opponents). The thunder blast doesn't partically reach far (only about 1/7ths of Final destination.) In total, this grab does around 10% damage with ok knockback to the thrown opponent. There is a bit of lag before she performs the thunder blasts, so opponents can stop her from there.

Downwards throw -- Thunder suffocation Probably Ilyana's most violent move, but she throws her opponent to the ground to get the throw started. She will then knee to the ground, and with one of her hands infused with thunder, she'll throw it down on the opponent's chest, and leave it like that. This throw does around 9% damage, with the opponent going nowhere, but laying on the ground. Ilyana also suffers from a slight bit of lag when she starts to knee, so opponents can intercept from that point.

Upwards throw -- Bolting Ilyana will throw her opponent in to the air with both her arms. The throw itself will send the opponent about 4 stage builder blocks upwards. After that, with Ilyana's opponent still lingering in the air, Ilyana will cast out some more thunder magic. The thunder magic is special though, with attacking the poor thrown opponent as it's location of the attack. Lightening will surround the thrown opponent, and then will collide together, crushing the poor opponent with lightening and the opponent suffers heavy damage. The damage in total is about 12% damage with good knockback upwards. This throw suffers from lots of lag when Ilyana is about to perform the thunder magic though, so easily, opponents can intercept the throw from that point of lag.

Final smash: Rex Bolt
Holy crap this is Ilyana's strongest spell in Fire Emblem (and i believe she is the only one that can perform it in Radiant Dawn.) Ilyana does a super cool animation with her magic tome book open ready to perform the most powerful thunder magic there is. Suddenly, you hear a huge thunder strike from the sky now. This is the opponent's chance to get away while they still can. As soon as you activate the Final smash, you regain control of Ilyana now. Use her to throw her opponents into the thunder storm though be careful that she is vurnable even if she did the Final smash. After about 5 seconds, a huge lightening bolt comes down from the sky to the ground. Upon impact on the ground, it doesn't immediately kill the opponent, but rather just stuns them in place for a moment as the thunder is circling the ground for about 3 seconds (as seen in this pic). As soon as those 3 seconds are up, the opponent is sent flying with great knockback with 30-35% damage included. The Rexbolt magic covers the center of the stage no matter where Ilyana is standing and covers in total about 3/4ths of Final Destination. An extremely powerful Final Smash, but gives the opponent a chance to escape too much. Use it wisely.....

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Oh God not another mage!

But she does seem cool so far. Why do I have a feeling that Bass.EXE ushered in a wave of characters who get completley different things depending on who they copy?

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I've never done this kind of thing before but what they hey...

Alphonse Elric enters the Brawl! (Yes, not Ed)

Basic Info: Alphonse Elric is one of main protagonists in the anime series Full Metal Alchemist. He's a boy's soul in a suit of armour and can do alchemy, which is a mix of science and magic.

Unlocked by: Completing Classic mode with losing one continue, you will then face Al.

General Attributes

Run speed: Similar to Mario's, Link's, Kirby's etc.
Jump Height: Not too great, a little less than Mario's. Is a fast faller, a little faster than Link. A fast jumper though.
Weight: Heavy but a little less than Snake.
Size: Tall, Ganondorf tall!
Misc: No other attributes such as Wall jump.
Symbol: Flamel's Cross

Entrance

Al's armour is on the ground lifeless, a transmutation circle glows around him, his eyes light up and he gets up.

Normal Moves (damage is after description)

Neutral A - A single punch with his right fist aimed at the face, as he's tall it can be avoided by a crouching enemy - 3%
Neutral A x2 - Al thrusts his palm (Thanks Chief!) into the enemy's face, Al enters a martial arts pose so it is slightly lower than his punch but small characters can avoid it by crouching - knockback is purely horizontal but not too strong - 4%

Dash attack - Rams into enemy whilst running along, tends to send enemies forwards more than up. Unlike other dashes, Al does not stop moving after using it and can maintain his dash. It can hit an enemy multiple times but there is a delay between consecutive hits – 7%

Tilts
U-tilt – Al thrusts his (left) open palm upwards and pulls it back quickly. Slightly after that he does the same with his right hand. For it to hit, the enemy has to pretty much be directly above him. - 1st hit 3%, 2nd 5% with larger knockback
D-tilt – Al perfoms a horizontal chop whilst crouching, this knocks them downwards so they rebound off the ground but sends them a little further horizontally. This has little start up or ending lag - 6%
F-tilt – Al perfoms a quick karate chop forwards, amazingly quick with no start up lag and a little ending lag but little knockback - 7% (Thanks again to Chief)

Smash Attacks
Up smash – Al jumps a little and his helmet pops off and goes up, great range, the damage done by the helmet decreases as it goes up. As Al does this attack, a kitten takes a look out of his neck. However, knockback is not very good – 10 - 18%
F smash –2 part like Link's. Al performs a 2 part combo with a karate chop quickly followed by an open palm, the 2nd hit Al claps his hands quickly and an explosion damages the enemy, however, unlike Link, the first part does not have any knockback. Ending lag is moderate so can be punished if missed - 4-5% (chop) 5-7% (palm) 8-10% explosion.
Down smash – Al places his hands on the ground and draws a circle then two stone fists come from the ground either side of him knocking enemies upwards, a little starting lag and a fair amount of ending lag - 10-21% per fist

Aerial Attacks

Nair – His chest plate opens slowing enemy down in mid air, this has very little knockback due to the slowing nature it has – 7%
Fair- Does a kick similar to Link's nair but lasts longer and drags enemies with Al, this attack can result in a suicide as it cannot be cancelled out of. – 2% for 3 smalls hits maximum.
Bair- Spins once and hits the enemy with the long thing on his head, very quick but little knockback, the knockback it does have though tends to send the enemy backwards – 5%
Dair- Elbows downwards, this attack is slow but is a spike, it is very similar to Yoshi's fair - 14%
Uair- Bicycle kick upwards, the longer the attack is held the further around the circle he kicks so in theory this attack can send enemies downwards. If Al lands whilst not upright he will hit the ground - 9%

Special Moves

Combustion Neutral B – Similar to Ike's Eruption. Al (being able to do alchemy without a circle) holds out his hands and prepares an explosion, when released he claps his hands together. It can be charged. Tends to send enemies upwards – 8-15%
Kitty Panic Side B – A cat jumps out of Al's chest and runs towards the nearest enemy and starts biting them like a Pikmin, however, they aren't killed. When hit enough, they run back and jump into Al again. Al may only have one cat out at a time or it won't work. Using this attack again will call the cat back - 5% - if hit by cat whilst it jumps, biting like Yellow Pikmin
Transmutation Down B – Al draws a transmutation circle on the ground. This circle can be activated from a short distance away with Down B again (Al will place his hands on the floor) but has the following effects dependent on input.
1)A short tap will cause an explosion like a Bomb-bomb but far weaker at the circle, 5-10% damage
2)) Holding down B a little longer will cause a pit-fall effect on anyone standing on the circle, 1-2% damage
3)3) If Down B if held and A is tapped, a stone fist will come from the ground and knock the enemy upwards, 5% damage but serious vertical knockback.]
This attack can only be performed on the ground.
Flying Explosion Up B: Al puts his hands in front of his feet and creates a small explosion sending him up (can be steered a little) by a fair distance, if he hits someone on the way up, they take a little damage and are knocked in the direction Al was moving, a little knockback.
Initial explosion - 10%, getting hit on the way up - 3%

Misc Moves

Spot Dodge - Al swiftly steps out of the way
Idle Animation - Al stands and after a while a cat pops out of his helmet
Edge Attack - As Al gets up he shoulder barges anyone close to the edge - 6%

]Grabs
Pummel: Al has the enemy's head in his chest door and slams it shut on their head quite comically, 2% per hit
F-throw: Al shoulder barges and knocks the enemy forwards, this attack sends them 45 degrees above the horizon – 7%
B-throw: Al performs a shoulder throw which slams the enemy into the ground sending them upwards – 8%
U-throw: – Al performs a series of open palms and performs an uppercut sending the enemy upwards - 1% (x4 palms) and 5% (uppercut)
D-throw: Al claps his hand together and an explosion sends the enemy upwards, slower than other grabs but the strongest in strength and knockback - 12%

Final Smash
Grand Arcanum – Al will suddenly be covered in strange black markings and a rather creepy transmutation circle will appear on screen. Players near by will receive damage quickly and gravitate towards Al, players far enough away will be safe. Once all players which are in range reach Al, he will cross his arms and a large explosion will knock them away. Al then falls to the floor, shakes his head and gets up. 1% damage a second whilst being pulled towards him, 40% when being knocked away.

Taunts
Up taunt: Al crosses his arms and stands in a cool pose, a cat pops out from under his helmet, meows and goes back in.
Down Taunt: Al's head falls off and he quickly puts it back on.
Side Taunt: Al looks up and says “This is for you, brother”

Victory Poses

Victory Theme: Melissa – Porno Graffiti (1st line of chorus only without vocals)
Pose 1: Sitting on the floor surrounded by cats running around him
Pose 2: Al has his back turned and arms crossed and says “Thank you, brother”
Loss pose: Regular clapping

Kirby hat

Similar to Samus Kirby but with Al's helmet.

Alt Costumes
Default, (Blue Team)
Copper (Red Team)
Green? (Green Team)
Damaged (few cracks and chips)
Golden.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
*begs to differ* Well,my movesets may not be a Great Wall of Text, but as you said, my uniqueness is a trendsetter. High quality my arse. It seems to be high quantity these days... But meh
I only go on and on because I actually have something to talk about due to my moves being so unique. Compare any of my movesets to Dr. Robotnik to see the difference between necessary and unneccessary detail.

I'm VERY glad to hear that Tails Doll will be shorter, Frogman. I'll be sure to review that one.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
YAy!! Full Metal Alchemist characters!!! Though i do have have 2 kinda complaints:

1) He has too much kicks and punches. Why not some alchemy attacks here and there? Or you make him throw his head around. Literally.

2) He doesn't have any color into it. Right now, it's a white wall of text. Also, it could use a bit more detail.

But other than that, pretty cool.

I'll finish Ilyana later. I just posted her, cause i am really tired, and i don't want to keep typing it up on Microsoft word.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I only go on and on because I actually have something to talk about due to my moves being so unique. Compare any of my movesets to Dr. Robotnik to see the difference between necessary and unneccessary detail.
I want to know your opinion, based on what you have seen of Nack when I gave you that preview, do you think he has a lot of unesesary detail?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I know, I'll compare some moves with Tails Doll with/out curse improvements with Robotniks moves

Tails Doll F-smash
Without Curse: 332 words
With: 514 words
(total words added together with the original description and the curse details)

Robotniks F-smash: 612 words.

Tails Doll D-tilt
without curse: 239 words
with: 325 words

Robotniks D-tilt: 601 words

Tails Doll F-tilt:
Without curse: 201 words
With curse: 290 words

Dr. Robotnik F-tilt: 407 words

almost half the amount of words to tell about the moves than Dr. Robotnik, and you still gather the same amount understanding of the moves as well

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Ilyana looks great so far. ;)

But you do realize that Zihark is a potential love interest for her, so you should include him as an Assist Trophy or something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've uploaded the recolors for May's moveset. May's recolors not only affect her clothing, but they also affect the color of her Pokemon.

May

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I want to know your opinion, based on what you have seen of Nack when I gave you that preview, do you think he has a lot of unesesary detail?
I've reviewed him, guy. Go check it out now.

And to answer your question, nope. You've actually got a really good balance between underdetailed and HUGE BORING WALLS OF TEXT

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So, since you criticized Nack a little for a few balance problems (which I have now taken care of in the actual move set), I may as well see how this move checks out:

DSmash: “Rain of Fire”: ??? once again opens his jaws, and fires a massive swarm of fire balls straight ahead that travel forwards ½ of battlefield. While each one only does 2% with no knockback or hit stun, and have low priority, when I say “swarm”, I mean that ??? fires anywhere from 20-30 fireballs in a tightly packed stream, depending on how long you charge! However, there is a tremendous amount of startup lag as ??? prepares this massive assault, 2 full seconds, half a second longer than a warlock punch. And there is also a lot of end lag as ??? has to recharge for a full second afterwards, which means that he is guarenteed to be hit afterwards. The best damage racker in the game if you can pull this off, but nothing more.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
So many good movesets since my last pooooost.

And Dokutayuu, you're missing an up-air and an up-B. Could use a bit more detail too, but I guess it's a start ;D. Though who am I to judge lol

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
o my god, every post is filled with creative movesets

people here are so creative

keep up the good work

man, you guys are so creative :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So, since you criticized Nack a little for a few balance problems (which I have now taken care of in the actual move set), I may as well see how this move checks out:

DSmash: “Rain of Fire”: ??? once again opens his jaws, and fires a massive swarm of fire balls straight ahead that travel forwards ½ of battlefield. While each one only does 2% with no knockback or hit stun, and have low priority, when I say “swarm”, I mean that ??? fires anywhere from 20-30 fireballs in a tightly packed stream, depending on how long you charge! However, there is a tremendous amount of startup lag as ??? prepares this massive assault, 2 full seconds, half a second longer than a warlock punch. And there is also a lot of end lag as ??? has to recharge for a full second afterwards, which means that he is guarenteed to be hit afterwards. The best damage racker in the game if you can pull this off, but nothing more.
I'm thinking that this could only work on recovering foes; fire this at them while they're using their Up B and you're likely to land about all of them. Despite this, if the stream isn't too wide, I think this is not only acceptable, it's insanely creative.

Hmmm... who might this jaw-ed fireball-spewing character be, Hyper_Ridley? I wonder...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm thinking that this could only work on recovering foes; fire this at them while they're using their Up B and you're likely to land about all of them. Despite this, if the stream isn't too wide, I think this is not only acceptable, it's insanely creative.

Hmmm... who might this jaw-ed fireball-spewing character be, Hyper_Ridley? I wonder...
You forgot to bold the first word of my user-name. ;)

And I'm glad to see that it's balanced. I was mainly asking becuase of that whole issue with Guntz's damage percents, so if it I can get it mostly right the first time, I'll be happy.

Edit: LOL, look at sig!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Aha! Well, I almost had it. Here I was thinking you were just going to make a Ridley moveset... this should be fun.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
AVAST YE!

He's come to claim the Crystal Coconut, in the name of his great-great-great grandpappy.

And he pities the landlubber sharkbait what tries to stop him!

Kaptain Skurvy

STATS

Power: 8/10: Skurvy is a powerful pirate. He's picked up lots of strength from his life as a scallywag.

Walking Speed: 3/10: Skurvy does an odd sort of waddle forward.

Dashing Speed: 5.5/10: Leaning forward slightly, this Kremling pirate jogs forward at an above average speed.

Weight: 8/10: Skurvy's a big Kremling, but because muscle weighs more than fat, he has less weight than you may think.

Range: 6.5/10: He mainly fights at close range.

Projectile Distance: 7.5/10: Both of his projectiles have decent range.

Attack Speed: 4/10: Because of his concentration on brute strength, Skurvy is a bit of a slowpoke.

Priority: 8/10: Most of his attacks can cut through other moves with ease.

Size: 8/10: Skurvy is slightly taller than Donkey Kong and almost as wide as Bowser.

First Jump: 2.5/10: Raising his arms, Skurvy does a weak jump, his weight and awkward boots holding him down.

Second Jump: 4.5/10: With a clumsy spin, Skurvy raises up a below average distance.

Fall Speed: 6.5/10: The average fall speed for a heavyweight.

Recovery: 5.5/10: Although his jumps are weak, Skurvy has two tether recoveries to help him along.

Crouch: 3/10: Poor, Skurvy bends down and covers his hat his both claws. He can be hit out of this very easily.

Traction: 4/10: The Kaptain slides easily, thanks to his slippery boots.

Comboability: 4.5/10: Skurvy has several combos he can pull on foes, but he is still a heavyweight, mainly focusing on power.

Wall Jump: No.

Wall Cling: Definitely not.

Crawl: No.

Glide: Kremlings don't fly.

Tether Recovery: Yes, he has two tether recoveries at his disposal.

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo, Hit #1: Buccaneer Slash:
Taking his pirate cutlass out of his belt, Skurvy slashes it in front of him. This is fairly quick, and does 3%, but no knockback.

Basic Combo, Hit #2: Reverse Slice: After the first combo hit, Skurvy slices his cutlass back the way it came in the first hit. This is slightly slower than the previous attack. It does minute knockback. This hit does 2% alone and 5% with the first hit.

Basic Combo, Hit #3: Overhead Stab: Pulling back his cutlass after the above two attacks, Skurvy stabs the weapon over his shoulder powerfully. This has a good deal of ending lag (slightly more than Link's basic combo). It also does average knockback. This hit does 3% alone, 5% with the second hit, and 8% with the full combo. With its decent priority, Skurvy can use his basic combo regularly to rack up damage.

TILTS

Forward Tilt: Kick Yer Booty: Extending one booted foot, Skurvy does an awkwards Sparta-kick of sorts. This does average knockback and has good priority. Skurvy has slight ending lag as he puts his foot down, though. This tilt deals 8% to foes. Despite its lag, the knockback allows Skurvy to use this move with more freedom.

Down Tilt: Swab the Deck: Taking out a mop, Skurvy begins swabbing the floor in front of him. This is the quickest of Skurvy's tilts. By holding the down tilt input, Skurvy will continuously swab the floor. Although this prevents foes from hitting Skurvy from the front due to its decent priority, it creates a good deal of ending lag, more than he would usually face, as Skurvy stows the mop. Hitting the mop as it first appears does 7% and decent knockback, while hitting it as it is continued deals 4% and very low knockback. Although holding it may seem pointless, the ground where he swabs becomes wet and foes slip more easily there for several seconds.

Up Tilt: Hat Headbutt: With a grunt, Skurvy thrusts his head upwards, causing his pirate hat to fly off his head vertically a bit to hit foes, before landing on its owner's head. The hat has low priority, but can juggle foes rather well. Skurvy can also KO foes with high damage using this tilt. It deals 7-8% to foes.

SMASHES

Forward Smash: Cat-O-9-Tails: Pirates use nine-ended whips to punish sailors for disorderly conduct. However, Skurvy actually uses a cat with nine tails, an annoying enemy from Donkey Kong Country 2. Holding the cat by the neck, Skurvy thrashes it forward ruthlessly, creating many painful light hits for foes in front of him. This move can do up to 8 hits, the first seven being light and damaging, while the last one knocks foes away powerfully. This is Skurvy's strongest Smash; it can kill foes with over 60% easily. However, he faces a good deal of ending lag as he tosses the mewing cat over his shoulder carelessly. This Smash deals anywhere from 3-32% in the many multiple hits of the cat, which can be Smash DIed out of.

Down Smash: Booty Booty: Skurvy bends down, holds his arms up in the air, and starts to...dance??? He cries out, "Arrr, look at me!" as he kicks one boot to the left, then turns and kicks one to the right. This is his slowest Smash, but it deals powerful horizontal hits when charged up a good deal. The priority and range are above average. This Smash deals anywhere from 13-26%. Watch this video for a good picture of the attack.

Up Smash: Scoffers' Smack: Taking out the copper pots and pans he scoffed from his mother, Skurvy swings these kitchen utensils over his head, waving them back and forth slightly. These can do up to three hits on foes, the first two trapping foes, the last one knocking them away with a metallic bong. The pans have decent priority, and this is Skurvy's quickest Smash as well. However, it can't kill as well as his above two Smashes. This Smash can deal anywhere between 6-25% to foes.

AERIALS

Neutral Air: Whirlpool Slash: Extending his pirate cutlass, Skurvy rapidly spins twice, throwing off nearby foes. Although it has slight ending lag, this is a great aerial for combos, because of the decent hitbox size compared to his other aerials. It deals 12-13% to the foes it hits. Foes who hit the end of the cutlass get more knockback than if they are hit closer to Skurvy.

Forward Air: Tail Tremor: Bending his powerful crocodile tail forward between his legs, Skurvy smacks it downwards powerfully, bending it back into position and damaging foes in front of him. Foes hit on the end of the tail are knocked horizontally, while foes closer to Skurvy are spiked powerfully. There is slight startup lag but no ending lag, unless you end the move early by hitting the ground before the move is over. This aerial deals 10-11% to foes.

Back Air: Bilge Rat: Holding back a Neek the rat enemy from Donkey Kong Country 2 behind him in one hand, Skurvy yells, "Ye bilge rat!" backwards, shaking his other first, while the rat deals multiple light hits to foes (like Game & Watch's B-Air). The rat has low priority, but can combo foes well in up to seven multiple hits, the first six trapping foes while the last one deals average knockback. This aerial can deal anywhere from 2-12% to foes.

Up Air: Kremling Knash: Bending his crocodile head upwards, Skurvy takes one powerful bite upwards at foes above him. This is a fast aerial, but it doesn't deal a ton of knockback. However, it can still juggle foes and KO foes with high damage levels. Hitting Skurvy's teeth directly deals more knockback and damage than just nicking the end of his snout. This aerial deals 8-9%.

Down Air: Mirror Mash: Pulling out an empty mirror frame from this video, Skurvy plummets downwards, holding the frame to his side, like Game & Watch's key. This can spike foes if they hit the mirror just as the plummet begins. Although it does good knockback, it has a great deal of ending lag as Skurvy hits the ground and the frame smashes to bits. It has average priority. Be careful not to plummet to your doom by using this move over an edge. It deals 9-10% to foes.

OTHER ATTACKS

Downed Attack: Double Hack: Skurvy takes out his cutlass again and roughly hacks it on both sides of him, to clear his path as he hops to his feet. Each hack deals 3%.

Flipped Attack: Kaptain's Klaws: Extending both hands, Skurvy swipes foes 360 degrees around him as he gets up. This move deals 4-5% to foes.

Tripped Attack: Tail Slap: Hopping up angrily, Skurvy lifts his tail and slams it down, once on each side of him, to knock away foes trying to take advantage of him. Each of the two slams does 4%.

Ledge Attack: Telescope Extension: As he climbs the ledge, Skurvy takes a hand telescope from his belt and extends it. This deals average knockback and 6% to anyone it hits.

Ledge Attack (over 100%): Kroc Krash: Struggling onto the stage due to his bulk, Skurvy rams his large belly into nearby foes, dealing low knockback and 4%.

Dash Attack: Mental Breakdown: With a bellow, "Are yer ears full of cotton, sailor?!" or, "Cast away!", Skurvy dashes forward angrily a few feet, flailing his claws in front of him to deal multiple light hits to foes. Like ROB's U-Air, there is not a major finishing hit, so foes can punish Skurvy for using this move. However, it is a great move to deal damage with. Foes can take anywhere from 3-16% by getting trapped in the multiple hits of this move.

GRAB ATTACK AND THROWS

Grab: Gator Grapple: Skurvy takes a pirate grappling hook out of his belt and casts it forward to snag foes. If he connects, he drags them roughly to him and holds them by the throat. Otherwise, he suffers from a lot of lag, like the other tether-grabbers. Although it is almost useless for shield-grabbing, this is an effective tether recovery for the Kaptain. It also deals 3-7% to any foes who hit it in the air, and travels about the distance of four Pikmin in a Pikmin Chain.

Grab Attack: Silencing Backarm: With a flourish, Skurvy extends an arm and backarms the foe in the chest, like he does to his loud-mouthed crewmates when they almost accidentally blab crucial information to an anesthesiated Donkey Kong. This does 4%, but is so slow that only one can be done per grab.

Forward Throw: Corporeal Whuppin': Taking off his pirate belt (0_o), Skurvy gives the victim one powerful lash. With the buckle end. This does 9% and good knockback to the victim. Skurvy returns the belt to his waist after the attack.

Back Throw: Shovel Scoop: Taking out a large shovel, Skurvy scoops up the victim, as if they were a pile of dirt, and hurls them back over his shoulder. This does average knockback but only 5%.

Down Throw: Chest Crush: Taking out a big pirate chest filled with booty, Skurvy drops it on the struggling foe. However, he greedily snatches it back, him loving the treasure, and therefore taking away a good deal of the expected ending lag. The unfortunate victim takes 12% and good knockback.

Up Throw: Banana Squirt: Taking a simple banana out of his belt (like the ones he enjoyed when anesthetized into being an ape), Skurvy squirts it at the foe. This knocks them lightly upwards and gives them 7%. It also drops a banana peel onto the stage, like from Diddy's Down Special. However, Skurvy can only have one peel out at a time. If he uses the throw again, the previous peel vanishes.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Blow Ye To Bits: With an "Argh har har!", Skurvy takes his prized hand cannon out of his belt, and loads it. If you only tap the B Button, he will load it with a simple cannonball. However, if you press and hold the button, he will load it with a wooden barrel. Once the cannon is loaded, Skurvy puts it back in his belt, and can move around freely with it in this manner. Press the B Button again and Skurvy will rapidly take the cannon back out and fire it.

Cannonballs fly quickly and horizontally (about the speed of a Peanut Popgun), and deal a light 5-6%. Barrels fly slowly, but deal a more solid 13-15%, and bounce up and down in their flight path. Barrels can be bounced off of by any character for a high jump. Overall, this is a useful move; it has little ending lag (the same as a Charge Shot), can be used to recover, and has the potential to KO a foe with upwards of 115%.

Side Special: Polly Roger: What's a pirate without his parrot pal? For this move, Skurvy takes out his pet parrot, Polly Roger, and throws him forward like a dart. Polly squawks and cuts through foes in front of him, infecting foes in 'Kongo Bongo Gone-Wrongo Disease'. This gives foes poison damage for 5 seconds, at a rate of 2% per second. Foes can only have one batch of the disease at a time. Polly flies about the distance of Link's Boomerang before flying back to his owner. He can be attacked midflight for him to screech and return early. Skurvy must wait ten seconds between using this move.

If thrown into a wall, Polly gets stuck into the wall by his beak. For ten seconds, any foe can use the hapless parrot as a platform, as he struggles to pull himself out. After the ten seconds, he flies back to Skurvy, irritated, and Skurvy must wait twenty seconds before using him again. Skurvy can angle the direction he throws Polly. If the parrot hits the ground on the stage, he gets stuck in there, but vertically, so he can't be used as a platform. He can also be angled up to hit aerial foes. Finally, if thrown down in midair over a ledge, Polly can be stuck in stage walls, so if Skurvy's tether recoveries won't work, consider throwing Polly. Because of this, users should not use this move if they may have to recover, due to the ten second wait between uses.

Down Special: Buryin' the Treasure: Taking out a shovel, Skurvy begins digging into the ground. He will dig as long as you hold down the button (a maximum time of five seconds), only lagging slightly at the end as he jumps out of his hole and admiring his work, the shovel vanishing. The hole he dug stays onstage, shown by a pile of sand. Any foe who walks over the hole gets caught in the ground in a Pitfall effect. The foe will be stuck in the hole for the amount of time Skurvy dug for; up to five seconds. They also receive 1-5%, depending on the time Skurvy dug once again. If used in midair, Skurvy simply makes downwards scooping motions with the shovel for one second (no hold down effects), dealing 4% per each slow scoop, as well as slightly increasing Skurvy's fall speed. Finally, in some SSE levels, Skurvy can use this move over graves or underground areas to dig down and reach the 'booty' below. Used carefully, this contributes a lot of trickery to Skurvy's character.

Up Special: Tossin' the Anchor: With a powerful heave, Skurvy takes a metal ship's anchor and tosses it upwards. The anchor flies up about the distance of 3 Pikmin in a Pikmin chain. The anchor is aimed upwards, as opposed to horizontally (like his grappling hook grab), so unless you are below the stage, it is likely to miss, although the momentum gained will probably push you close enough to grab the edge if you are within close range of the stage. Although his grappling hook is best for recovery, this anchor can be a powerful tool on the stage. Foes who hit the chain of the anchor receive 5% and no knockback, but foes who hit the head of the anchor get 15% and good knockback. When the anchor is at maximum range, Skurvy pulls it back to him and stows it, and enters a freefall if he is offstage.

FINAL SMASH

Shark-Infested Waters: To trap foes in this Final Smash, you must connect with a first hit, like Falcon's FS. Skurvy rolls a single barrel in front of him, with the range of one-fourth of Final Destination. He must be on the ground to activate this, and the barrel only hits in front of Skurvy, so try to shorthop up next to a foe before triggering. The barrel deals 10%, but it is the least of the foe's problems now. Skurvy can only hit one foe with this Final Smash; if he hits multiple foes with the barrel, they still receive 10%, but only the one closest to Skurvy is hit with the whole thing.

In a cinematic sequence on Skurvy's pirate ship, the foe is seen inside the barrel (which has a lock and chains on it now), only their head sticking out as they struggle against their tiny prison...at the end of the plank. At the end of the plank closest to the ship, Skurvy is seen standing on the plank, laughing evilly. He looks at the foe, eyes widening, and says, "Oh, I'll let ye go, alright!" However, he simply chuckles again and stomps the plank, causing the barreled foe to fall off into the water. Their barrel is seen floating, the foe still struggling, and everything seems fine. However, in front of the barrel, several shark fins are seen swimming about. Suddenly, the barrel is pulled under, ending the cutscene. Back on the stage, the foe is given 45% and heavy knockback. Although most foes can survive it if they have less than 35% to begin with, it is still a great way to build damage. Also, cinematic sequences FTW, right?

TAUNTS AND VICTORY/LOSS POSES

Up Taunt: Skurvy turns his head sideways, his golden earring swinging, and says, "I'm sorry, have we met?"

Side Taunt: Skurvy raises his arms and looks around, saying, "What do pirates do best?!" He then answers himself loudly. "STEAL BOOTY!"

Down Taunt: An awkward pirate flute tune plays in the background, as Skurvy steps forward a few feet, and a watering noise is heard. Skurvy, however, doesn't care what you think about him taking a piss, and stares into the screen with an, "Arrr!" Seen here, 1:40 - 1:45 (except without the SMW Cartoon clip, of course, and no urine is shown, either).

Victory Pose #1: Skurvy holds up a pirate map, standing in front of a gold-filled treasure chest, and declares to the screen, "That's why pirates be pure scum! Argh!"

Victory Pose #2: Skurvy laughs evilly and holds his hand cannon up at the screen, and threatens, "Take one more step, ye spineless worm, and I'll blow ye to bits!"

Victory Pose #3: Skurvy jumps around, posing with his cutlass, and recites, "Pillage, plunder, sack, and steal! Down to the hold goes the shark's next meal!"

Victory Theme: The Standard DK Theme, remixed with the electric guitar from Pirate's Scorn.

Loss: Skurvy claps angrily, occasionally rubbing his jaw, where he was d*mned with a terrible toothache.

OTHER

Icon: The standard DK icon, the initials 'DK'.

Entrance: Skurvy swings in on a rope, as if from a rigging, and comments menacingly, "Arr, target practice!"

Wiimote Sound: Skurvy boasts, "They don't call me the skurviest sea dog to ever sail the seven seas for nothin'!"

Idle Animations: Skurvy stands at fully height, turning side to side to peer evilly at his surroundings. If left standing too long, Skurvy will do some dance moves to entertain himself.

Shield: Skurvy hides behind a wooden crate to shield himself. The crate blackens as it takes hits and bursts when it is broken.

Spot Dodge: Skurvy hops backwards, his eyes opening wide and a surprised look on his face, as he raises his arms.

Air Dodge: Skurvy smiles evilly and does a quick midair jumping jack, spreading out his limbs.

Forward Roll: Skurvy grins and swaggers forward rapidly, turning around after moving forward a feet steps.

Backward Roll:
Skurvy raises his hands above his head and takes several backwards steps.

Dizzy: Skurvy spins around comically in place, struggling to stay on his feet, and mutters light-headedly, "Steady as she goes, now!"

Sleeping: Skurvy lies on his back, snoring loudly.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna add some more extras, and edit the moves a bit now.
Marina's somersault kick may seem generic but it's one of her moves in Rakugaki Showtime =P. Just couldn't find a picture. The side tilt's generic though, that was me being unable to figure out a move for it, and I didn't want to use Lunar's uppercutish claw move as it seemed unusable unless Marina had claws. She also had a "rocket dash" move in Rakugaki Showtime where they get hurt by the jet burner but I didn't use it.

Good luck with your character BKupa666!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've finished up Grovyle by adding its grabs & throws along with its taunts. Additionally, May's Final Smash has been added to her moveset.

May

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman

Baby Donkey Kong

The true prince of bananas has joined the Brawl!

Background Check!

Baby Donkey Kong (commonly abbreviated as Baby DK) is known to be a Star Child, and a strong one at that. Known for antics, brute, wall-shattering strength, and that trademark DK logo on his bib, this baby is not one of the crying kind. He’d rather eat a banana than cry, and then throw the banana peel at a foe.

Baby Donkey Kong is one of the seven Star Children, A.K.A. Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Wario, Baby Peach, Baby Yoshi, Baby Bowser, and finally himself, Baby Donkey Kong.

Baby DK has also made an appearance in Mario Super Sluggers, as the baby with the most stamina! Pitching isn’t too good, as displayed here in Baby Donkey Kong’s throwing, but he can cover much ground as an outfielder.

Stats

Attack Speed = 9 (Bananas are healthy!)
Jumping = 8 (High jumps and a low short hop, definitely a strong point)
Walk/Run = 8 (He runs pretty fast for a mid-weight baby, those bananas are still kicking in)
Traction = 4 (DK can get pretty hyper and uncontrollable at times...)
Weight = 5 (He’s a little heavy, but he's not THAT kind of weight)
Height = 5 (He’s slightly larger than Kirby)
Power = 6 (For a baby, he packs a decent punch)
Range = 6 (Decent for a child, but not Ike and Adult DK material)
Recovery = 8 (It’s a tether recovery with a spike to hurt edge-hoggers = win)
Priority = 7 (Mid to high priority attacks!)
Fall/ Air Speed = 5 (He’s pretty slow in the air, and falls at a decent rate)
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes
Hover: No
Glide: No
Tether: Yes

Main Pros and Cons

Pros:
-Small target
-Good recovery
-Good damage racking
-Tether hits edgehoggers
-Good punishment

Cons:
-Slow KO moves
-Somewhat light
-Range can be lacking at times
-Tether isn't very long
-Needs good spacing and timing

On Stage Stances

Idle Pose 1: DK will look around a scratch his head, oddly confused
Idle Pose 2: Sitting down, Baby DK starts to pout for he has no banana.
Walk/Run: DK uses his huge arms to push himself forward.
Crouch: With his hands on his head, Baby DK will pose as if in a tornado drill.
Jump 1: A big leap upwards from his hind legs.
Jump 2: A VERY big backflip/frontflip (depending on direction).
Dazed Out: Firm still in awe, the baby’s pupil’s grow and shrink randomly.
Sleeping: Baby DK is left on his back, looking somewhat like he’s playing dead.

Special Moveset

Standard Special:
Shoulder Charge: (5% - 25%)

Possibly Baby DK’s trademark move, this attack has some lag and the start and end, but it’s matched with overwhelming power. You can cancel the charge for later use. While charging, Baby DK will keep running in place, and when it hits someone, the baby will move forward slightly, with his right arm shielding him, to crash into the opponent and small rocks will come out of the hit opponent, if there is one that was hit.
This attack has a charge time of about 5 seconds at most, and is filled with Super Armor frames during the start up. A definite KO move to watch out for.
When used aerially, this attack won’t push Baby DK nearly as far as it would on the ground, and will leave him in Helpless Mode.
Priority? Good overall, unless you use it uncharged.
Extra Notes: Overall, this is a great move to have in Baby Donkey Kong’s arsenal. Baby DK has a slow air speed, and most of his greater KO moves lie in his aerials, so having a surprise KO move on the ground is handy.

Side Special:
Explosive Egg: (8% egg, 10% baseball)

Apparently Baby DK took some of Yoshi’s eggs for the brawl. In Yoshi Island DS, eggs thrown by Yoshi, while carrying Baby DK, were explosive.
The trajectory of this throw is a slight arc, but mainly just straight-forward. The eggs can also be slightly tilted in trajectory when you move the control stick upwards or downwards. When thrown, the eggs can only be thrown about as far as 2/3 of Final Destination, only if they aren’t tilted.
Keep in mind that the blast range for this is huge, it may even set off bob-ombs and break crates if they are nearby the enemy.
There is some start-up lag, but since this move is mainly for long-distance damage-racking, it won’t be much of a problem to you.
A special thing is that there is a 10 percent chance of Baby DK throwing a baseball, rather than an explosive egg. The baseball goes a little less in distance (he never was a good pitcher), and doesn’t explode, but does 10%, rather than 8%, and travels faster. Also, repeated baseballs don’t degrade.
Extra Notes: When your opponent is running at you or short hop approaching, spam two or three of these! Seriously, angle one upwards, and one normally, your opponent will be forced to jump, giving you some time. Despite only having three trajectories, possibilities with this move are endless.

Downwards Special:
Greater Ground Pound: (5%-15%, rocks are 3%)

Though quite possibly one of the greatest ranged moves of all time, even this attack has it’s downsides:
-This charged move cannot be saved for later use.
-There is horrid lag around it.
You only need to hold down the Special Button to charge this attack.
If you do not charge this attack, Baby DK simply jumps up and ground pounds the floor, shaking the floor in front of Baby DK (range is pitiful at this time), but when you charge it, Baby DK will start pounding the floor, and when you release, DK will jump up super-armor-filled, and then ground pound downwards. The range grows farther the longer you charge. Baby DK will start flashing and shouting at maximum charge, and at this charge time, the range of this attack grows to 1/3 of Final Destination. This attack hits all at once, which may be both a pro and con in some cases.
Despite the awesome range, anyone high up in the air will be able to avoid this attack. Though, when the floor is shaking, rocks will fly up to hit any short hoppers for 3%.
The knockback of this attack is invisible to grounded foes, and aerial enemies will just be stunned to the ground for a second, but IF they are grounded, there is a 10% chance to make anyone hit trip.
Extra Notes: Another way to cancel approaches! Well, not really cancel, but simply just put more pressure onto grounded challengers. If they get dosed with tripping, it allows you to throw an egg or shove a dash attack to their face.

Upwards Special:
Vine Swing: (10% thorn, 7% vine, 3% swing)

Swing ride! This is Baby DK’s only recovery option, and a decent one at that, despite being a tether that is slightly smaller than Ivysaur’s.
A good thing is that there is a thorn at the end of the vine, so the edgeguarder must rely on swatting you far away, which may be hard if the Baby Donkey Kong can time aerials correctly.
When used on the ground, Baby DK throws the vine straight up, and if you get hit with the thorn, slight downward knockback, but upward knockback everywhere else.
Another weird thing about this tether, is that DK freakishly swings back and forth over and over. He swings at the bottom of the vine, and the swing brings him a little lower that the edge. Anyone who gets touched by this sustains knockback.
This attack is also put with good priority... at the thorn and swing, everywhere else, it’s pretty bad.
Extra Notes: Recovering is this thing’s main use. The swing is not very useful unless you are trying to edgeguard another tether-recoverer, which may be hard. Oh yeah, on the ground, guess what it can do? Yes! Cancel falling aerial approaches.

Basic Ground Attacks

Jab Combo:
Fly Swatter: (2%, 2%, 2%...)

First off, this attack is quick, and will continue on as long as you are holding the attack button.
Baby DK will look like he’s swatting a fly, but he’s merely slapping (he alternates with the right and left hands) the opponent with his hands. Incredibly fast and nearly lagless, thought your opponent would probably get out of the chain after the first or second slap. Some range, as the hands seemingly grow larger.
Extra Notes: Disrupt your opponent. Follow up with another quick move like Upwards Tilt. Easy enough, right?

Forward Tilt:
Monkey Leap: (7%)

This attack is just great. Maybe for more disruptive jab cancels and even just out of nowhere.
Baby DK uses his arms a lot here, so for this attack, he uses his arms to propel himself forward, and his whole body is the hitbox.
Also, it’s quick, like Baby DK’s other tilts, and has great range, unlike his other tilts. But, out of all this, there is only sub-par priority based in here, so it can easily be canceled.
The most interesting thing about this attack is its upward knockback, ready for an aerial or an Upwards Smash.
Extra Notes: Out of nowhere, somewhat predicted, or for combos, this attack is decent. Just don’t rely on it for everything.

Upwards Tilt:
Strike a Pose!: (15%)

One of Baby DK’s best attacks, considering it has major knockback, priority, and it is fast. Although it has those pros, it has terrible range, and the opponent needs to be nearly right next to Baby DK for the attack to hit.
There is quick start up, and it starts off with Baby DK making the “macho” pose, putting up his arms to flex his muscles. Anyone hit when Baby DK put’s up his arms will sustain damage and knockback. Although he stays in this pose for quite some time, making it punishable.
Extra Notes: Like I said before, after a slap or two from the Jab Combo. Try not to use this too much, as Baby DK’s best attacks are of the surprise kind, and this attack being shielded means heavy punishment. You’re opponent might be angry for showing off.

Downwards Tilt:
Roar!: (10%)

This isn’t that useful of an attack on most basis. It's simply Baby DK yelling really loudly. The waves go out as far as another character space, and the priority can cancel out most. Slight lag on both ends, but it won't be much if you have good spacing/timing. Although, this attack can be reflected like a projectile.
Extra Notes: Easily one of the Downward Tilts. It's got range and priority, plus some knockback. Another possible follow up from the Jab Combo. The attack can be reflected, but it may not be too much of a trouble.

Dash Attack:
Surf’s Up!: (9%)

For a dash attack, this is quick and deceptive. Baby DK will all of the sudden stop running, and strike a surfer pose (hands out behind and in front of him) to hit the opponent. Slight momentum will also cause Baby DK to slide forward a bit.
This attack is a little laggy at the start, but nearly lagless at the end, but that isn’t the main show of this attack. This little pose has incredible priority, even more than Strike a Pose! It also has little knockback, so this can allow you to chain other attacks, too.
Despite barely moving, a DACUS from one of these will work very well, only slightly lesser than Snake’s DACUS.
Extra Notes: You could use this as an approach if you time it right. You could use this as a punish move that leads into a combo, like most other of Baby DK’s moves. You could use this as a surprise attack. Just keep this fresh, it’s fun and effective to use on the unwary prey.

Rising Attack (either position):
Spinny: (5%)

Rising for more action, Baby DK jumps back on his feet, spinning with his arms out at the same time. Anyone hit will suffer small knockback. Some range and priority, not enough though.
Extra Notes: Nothing special other than the invincibility frames that are in all of these kind of attacks. Be careful of shield grabs. You’re better off rolling in most situations.

Ledge Attack Below 100%:
Simple Slap: (7%)

Baby DK climbs up and facepalms the opponent. Go figure.
Knockback is just enough to give you breathing space, priority is just enough to be on par with most tilts, and the range is so terrible, you’d be lucky to be able to pull these things off. Baby DK isn’t very defensive.
Extra Notes: Invincibility, and done.

Ledge Attack 100% and Over:
Thorn Slap: (9%)

Nearly the same as Simple Slap, but this time, Baby DK struggles to get up, and he took a vine thorn and attached it to his hand, adding 2% more damage, and oddly, upward knockback. The range is slightly farther, and priority is slightly higher, not enough to help though. Doesn’t have much ending lag though.
Extra Notes: Invincibility, upwards knockback, no ending lag, and done. If you can pull this off, you know babies love making poses.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash:
Anger Fist: (17%-24% - 20%-30%)

This attack is a weird one, and it’s not the fact that Baby DK looks angry while performing this one. It’s Baby DK channeling all his anger into a slam. The baby angrily curls his hands into fists, and smashes the foe.
This attackk gains in base damage and max charge damage if you are severely damage, with it inflicting 17%-24% at 0% damage, 19%-26% at 70% damage, and 20%-30% at 100% damage. Knockback is also increased slightly at 100%. Good range.
Some start up and end lag, but a great KO move all the same. Good priority too.
Extra Notes: Pretty straight forward. Use the extra effect wisely. Just don’t miss.

Upwards Smash:
Cowboy Swing: (8-15%, 14-20% sweetspot )

Baby DK will take out his thorned vine and swing it around like a lasso. This thing has huge range, it even hits behind him, but despite being an Upward Smash, it doesn't get much height. If Baby DK stands in the center of a platform in Battlefield, the attack will reach all around him. Low knockback if not sweetspotted, and the knockback is completely horizontal.
Note the thorn is still there, it's at the very tip, and it's pretty small, but it has incredible knockback. Plus, like always, the thorn sends you upwards.
Medium start-up, medium priority. Overall, good.
Extra Notes: The rope is actually big, so it has some range against tall fighters while they are on the ground. *GASP*. Jab cancel!

Downwards Smash:
Test Poke: (10%-15%)

Closing his eyes frightfully, Baby DK pokes his opponent(s) downward, having a high chance to cause tripping or to inflict decent knockback and damage if it doesn't trip. A little laggy at the finish, so you may not be able to combine attacks if your opponent is nimble. Only hits one side. Decent range, low priority though.
Extra Notes: If you can catch your opponents off-guard, this is a well choice to use, as its low priority won’t help in all out matches.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial:
Rock Rush: (10%, 5% counter-effect)

Rock smashing time! Well, you won't do the smashing, your opponent will. In a way, this is a counter, but it does no knockback to your opponent if it works.
This attack works in two ways, the first is the normal attack itself. Baby DK will take a rock out of nowhere (seriously, he just takes it out of his... we don't know, "Pocket?") and hold it out forward, and that's the damaging part (no sex kick effect).
The second way, Baby DK will actually keep it out for a bit (about one second), and if someone hits it with an attack of higher initial priority (meaning the priority of the normal attack), rocks will shatter out all around Baby DK (taking away the damage he would normall get), doing damage but no knockback. Lower priority attacks will actually pierce through the counter. Baby DK can start moving again after the counter-effect.
Medium priority and knockback, low startup, but it's laggy if you miss, and has severe landing lag.
Extra Notes: Don't try to edgeguard with this, and don't use it normally. This get's predictable after a bit, so just try to mix it in.

Forward Aerial:
Shove Away: (8%, 5% when DK moves them to the side)

Facing forward, Baby DK will look like as if he was “swimming,” or clearing something away. His hands start off in “prayer” hands, but then they move to the sides of DK. His hitbox is his hands.
This attack is mid priority, high range, although it’s slow and laggy all around. Shove Away also gives Baby DK slight forward momentum, increasing air speed.
Tons of landing lag, since Baby DK falls flat on his belly.
Extra Notes: This is Baby DK’s only way of getting air speed, but too bad it all goes away once he lands. Use this if you’re knocked off upwards, or for edgeguarding, but be careful not to fall too far down.

Backwards Aerial:
Bat Bash: (17%)

This s lag-filled move is Baby DK up to bat, in the air! There is great range, and it starts off with Baby DK charging up for bat (facing whatever the original direction was) in that baseball pose (He loves them). Then, he quickly shifts, and hits backwards instead of in front of him. Good if used right, but Baby DK charged up for too long to be of normal use. Incredible knockback and high priority, because of the disjointed hitbox. Some landing lag.
Extra Notes: It’s his second best aerial, only because of everything but the lag. Not good for approaches, as you would major landing lag. Edgeguarding only. But since this is even slower than Shove Away, it’s risky.

Upwards Aerial:
Pull Down: (5% non-sweetspot, 7% sweetspot)

Though Baby DK’s only possible spike, this attack is a bit weak.
Baby DK will swipe upwards in an arch (with his hand seemingly larger), and at the end, he folds his hands into a fist, which is the sweetspot to spike.
This is deceivingly quick though, so try to use it to juggle, or just to add on some damage.
Overall, good range, and bad knockback, unless you sweetspot the attack, then it actually becomes very powerful. Note that the range on this attack is much smaller when the fist is made.
No landing lag, low priority.
Extra Notes: Don’t rely on this for gimping. You’d have a better chance to edgeguard with goodly-timed Bat Bashes or Shove Aways.

Downwards Aerial:
Swift Swipes: (3%,3%,6%)

By swift, it means the attack ends fast and there isn’t much landing lag. The slow part is like the rest, in the beginning, where Baby DK stretches his arms out, before swiping down three times. The knockback is good, but it goes upwards, and you probably won’t be able to reach the opponent by then, unless they are at very low percents, then you may be able to reach in a Pull Down. This attack has good priority.
Extra Notes: Try to take advantage of the low ending lag and good priority. This attack isn’t too special.

Grabs

Grab:

For some reason, Baby DK doesn't like to use the vine for this.
His grab range is pretty small, but his grabs are powerful, but no chaingrab.
The opponent will be held by his right hand, by the neck.
Extra Notes: Try to shieldgrab, but don't use this regularly.

Pummel:
Backhand: (3%)

It's a simple backhand, not too slow or fast. You can usually fit one in every 20% your opponent has.
Extra Notes: Try to fit at least one in every grab. It refreshes your moves, so even a little can go a long way.

Forward Throw:
Egg Smash: (13%)

Baby DK will pull out an explosive egg and shove it into their face. Literally. There is a slight disadvantage to this, since the explosion hurts him 5% too.
Great knockback, a KO move. Sends them flying at 50 degree angle.
Extra Notes: If they are at around 100% and you're near the edge, use this. You will love this attack.

Backwards Throw:
Boulder Bash: (5%, 8%)

Baby DK will lay the opponent on the ground and throw two boulders at their feet, causing upwards knockback, though not much.
At 0% this only raises them slightly above Bowser's height.
Extra Notes: Not much to say here except... COMBO!

Upwards Throw:
Sand Blaster: (2% x 6, 5%)

Another ground-based move, in here, Baby DK will hold up the opponent with the right hand, and use the other to grab sand and throw it at them. Then, Baby DK will grab a boulder and throw that too. The sand goes incredibly far, so it may even hit other people, but with no knockback or hitstun, and low priority. Good for teams, if you have an attentive and smart partner, but the upwards knockback is set, and lifts them high enough so that you can't follow up.
Extra Notes: Don't use this unless you have a partner that can combo them aerially. Despite doing a lot of damage, Boulder Bash is much better, as you can follow up another attack.

Downwards Throw:
Banana Boomer: (3% throw, 5% boomering)

Baby DK will toss them backwards directly horizontally, and then throw a banana at them, which acts like a boomerang, and will come back to Baby DK. Low knockback and hitstun on both acts.
By the time the banana reaches its climax, Baby DK will be free to move (but if he catches the boomerang, he will suffer some lag), so then you can dodge it, then use it to set up attacks. The banana itself can be reflectable and is treated like a projectile. The banana is slow, and stays the same speed if it hits the opponent, and on the backswing, it continues on through any opponents. It does not follow you like Link's or Toon Links.
At higher percents, respectably 50% for most middle weighted characters like Mario, they will be thrown back far enough so that the banana can't get them.
Extra Notes: Good against lower percents in free for alls, not so much in 1 on 1. The boomerang goes straight, but it has a high priority, and can go through Mach Tornado. Awesome, but only if it wasn't so slow.

Final Smash

Morning Creepers
(5% when hit by a creeper)

Epic! This move alters the whole stage platforms!
Imagine a jungle, joyful and such. Then put creepers on every piece of steady land.
In this Final Smash, it starts off with a close-up of Baby DK doing the monkey dance. Then, small vines start to creep out of the stage, which is on every platform, including floating ones, but not breakable or disappeared platforms. The creepers are also thorned, meaning anyone who touches them is inflicted with 5% of damage.
An interesting thing here is also that all Shoulder Bashes, whether it be an opposing Baby DK or just you, are always fully charged for the duration of the attack.
Despite this attack hurting anyone on the ground, and forcing aerial approches, which Baby DK can easily shut down, and giving all Baby DK's a fully charged Shoulder Bash every time, Baby DK is vulnerable to attacks, and thorns won't do any knockback whatsoever, and won't pierce invincibility or super armor frames.
When a creeper has hit a foe, the creeper will break, so be wary of people who are reckless and will just full on attack.
The duration of this attack is 13 seconds, so it makes sure you will at least do some damage to your opponent.
Extra Notes: Use it, abuse it, love it. Once they jump, throw eggs at them or try to Shoulder Bash. If they stay on land, more eggs or approach with a DACUS or try to hit them with a Greater Ground Pound. Again, this is your time to shine and be creative with Baby Donkey Kong.

Playstyles

Easy enough, Baby DK is either really hard to play as, or really easy to handle. This guy is always in the defensive at the beginning of the match, as he has no real approaches. But if someone is able to shield or counter the attacks, you may be in trouble, if you decide to sit there, neglecting Baby DK's potential.
Stay grounded, most of the time. Baby DK is all about pulling off unexpecting moves in the strangest, but best, time. Fly Swatter easily puts you into Strike A Pose or Monkey Leap, maybe even some other moves.
Three out of four of Baby DK's special attacks can shut down approaches. The other one is for KOing. Again, you won't be approaching, and you should perfect cancelling other's ways to get you to approach before taking Baby DK into the competitive field. But if you decide to approach, a DACUS is your best bet. Take note of that.
If you ever get a Smash Ball, force your opponent to jump, then use it. They'll land, take 5%, and they'll probably just keep jumping, allowing you to attack them even more.
Recovery is good, but you may be swatted off by the likes of Marth and Jigglypuff. Try to time a few aerials if you are high up, but just try your best to grab the edge if you aren't.
Baby DK isn't much of a camper, but he can usually sneak in and break the ones who decide to camp. His only real defense against campers is his speed and shield, and sometimes his fast dodges can help too.
Overview:
-Force approaches
-Pull of nasty combos
-Kill campers
-Watch out for:
---Skilled campers
---Good edgeguarding
---Large ranged hard hitters
---Punishment on your own KO moves

Extras

Wiimote Choice Sound

You will hear an explosion from an egg, and a loud screech at the same time.

Taunts and Other Poses

Upwards Taunt: Baby DK takes out a round egg and spins it on one finger like a basketball.

Side Taunt: Baby DK will start running in place, heavily panting.

Downwards Taunt: Baby DK picks up a rock and tries to crush it by squeezing, but fails and throws it backwards.

Winning Pose 1: Baby DK will start running around in circles smiling, with hands held high.

Winning Pose 2: Baby DK will finish eating a banana, and throwing it forward slightly, then walking up, forgetting that the banana is there, and tripping on it. Then he will start crying.

Winning Pose 3: Bursting out of a crate (not barrel), Baby DK will start scratching his head, looking confused.

Losing Pose: Sitting down, Baby DK will start sucking its thumb.

Alt Costumes

Dark: Black fur and the bib turns black.
White: White fur, and the bib turns a lighter shade of red.
Green: His eyes turn green, along with the fur.
Red: His eyes turn red, along with the fur.
Blue: Blue eyes, blue fur, and the initials on the bib turn blue.
Super Monkey!: Baby DK gets a cool yellow cape.

Assist Trophy
Kamek

Out of the Assist Trophy comes out Kamek! The evil wizard henchmen of Bowser!
First, Kamek will fly off to the center of the screen, and he will raise his right hand it will start flashing blue and red.
Then, all characters will start to glow purple. This is the warning!
After 5 seconds of flashing, Kamek will fly off, and everyone will be transported to the place where they started (the launch pad at the beginning of the match), with their percentage reset to 20%. When you get KO'd and get back to the top revival pad though, you will still start off with 0%.
The only way to dodge this attack is to be invincible.

Icon

An oval shape with the DK initials on it.

Entrance

In the beginning of the match, the Stork will fly over, dropping a sack containing Baby Donkey Kong. He will then burst out once he reaches the ground.

Snake Codec

Snake: Mei Ling, who's the kid ape? It's not Diddy!
Mei Ling: That's Baby Donkey Kong, one of the seven Star Children.
Snake: Baby? He's nothing!
Mei Ling: So what? He's adorably cute!
Snake: So you agree?
Mei Ling: Yeah, sure, whatever- Look at those cute eyes!
Snake: Umm, he has a vine with a thorn, is this safe?
Mei Ling: Stop talking! I'm too busy!
Snake: Ugh...
[End]

Kirby Hat

Kirby gains Baby DK's red bib and the ability to use Shoulder Bash.

Unlock Message and How to Unlock

Baby DK has swung himself into the fray! Cute!

Unlock Method A: Brawl with either Yoshi or Donkey Kong at least 20 times.
Unlock Method B: Play 100 vs mode matches.
Unlock Method C: Find him in the Subspace Emissary.

If you complete Method A or B, you will need to fight and beat Baby DK in a versus match afterwards.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Solid work so far, SB. I really think you have the hang of MyM.

@Grovyle: I think that you should describe the moves a little more.

"A: Does Fury Cutter. Can..."

Couldn't you explain what it looks like?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's really neat, SonicBoom. I wouldn't mind reviewing that once it gets done.

And now I have extra time! So off I go to read Maria in greater depth.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Baby DK was a good move set. Some attacks felt slightly generic, but you were able to make some good use out of his body, such as in the side-tilt. I'm not sure if you were around for MYM3, but in any case, you've certainly posted a set that's up to the standards of effort in MYM4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom