• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Hey, lookie what I made!

Isn't that better than those boring old still sprites, TWIL?
That looks pretty cool!! What program did you use to make it though? The only program i know that makes good GIFs is flash, and my 30 day trial is up XP.

Don't call me by that name. Again. It's Twilt. Not Twilight. I only pick that name cause Twilight Princess was my favourite Zelda game. Not because of that book. You hear me lol? /ihatethetwilightseries

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That looks pretty cool!! What program did you use to make it though? The only program i know that makes good GIFs is flash, and my 30 day trial is up XP.

Don't call me by that name. Again. It's Twilt. Not Twilight. I only pick that name cause Twilight Princess was my favourite Zelda game. Not because of that book. You hear me lol? /ihatethetwilightseries
I used Photoshop! Flash is better for this purpose, but you can do it there too.

And that's something I've always wanted to ask you. Why is your name TWILTHERO instead of TWILITHERO? Is that a typo, or was Twilithero taken?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You should get UnFREEz. It's pretty basic but not badly so. :3

Edit: Bill is coming along VERY well. All I have left is actually his Side Special (writing it out), his grabs, ledge/get up attacks and his Final Smash. Oh, and the Extras. Curse you, extras!

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Sure! I wouldn't mind Commissar Cain either.....Final Smash: Run Like Frak!Commisar Cain starts moving twice as fast, (which is about 1.8 times faster than Sonic.) However, all damage he DOES take is doubled. :p

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun. Commander Shadowsun.

Or, you could do Orks/IG/Eldar/etc.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Omg Cactaur

CACTAUR​

Funny, simplistic looking cactus guy with two eyes, a mouth, arms and legs. He likes to run away from battles but is also pretty loaded so if you can kill him before he gets away you can get rich. Like a cactus, Cactuar has spikes. Unlike a cactus, he can shoot them out at high velocity, therefore the 1000 Needles attack which deals exactly 1000 damage.

When thrown or when hitting with a physical attack, Cactuar can deal extra damage according to how many spines he has, although this subtracts the number of spines he has on him. The amount can be estimated visually by how large the three spines on his head are. His walking and running animations are 2 frames each(similar to Final Fantasy animation) while his attack animations aren’t much smoother. Without spines, all of his attacks do mediocre damage. With spines, he can gimp as well as add knockback and damage to attacks.

Ground

Neutral combo: Headbutt. Multiple hits at low percentages due to little knockback. 1 spike can be embedded in enemy per hit. (3%)

Ftilt: Leans forward and waves his arm out. Has better knockback but still crap range (all of his normals do). Can embed up to 2 spines. (7%)

Utilt: Hops upward a little headfirst. Can be chained due to little knockback and lag. 2 spines. (6%)

Dtilt: Sticks his foot out to trip from a crouching position. It stays out with its hitbox and has decent upwards knockback for Cactaur. 3 spines, hits upward. (10%)

Fsmash: Lunges forward suddenly with a swift shin kick. Powerful knockback but laggy afterwards, and can embed up to 5 spines into an enemy.(13%)

Usmash: Cactaur launches himself off the ground with a cartwheeling motion. Not enough knockback to be a reliable killing move, but it has some duration to cover it afterwards. Can embed up to 4 spines into an enemy. (12%)

Dsmash: Cactaur dashes back and forth suddenly several times which will knock enemies away. Knockback is weak for a smash attack although it sends enemies at a low trajectory and can only embed 2 spines. (14%)

Throws

Grab: Waves arm out. Short ranged and quick.

Running grab: Cartwheel-like motion forward which allows him to grab. More lag at end.

Pummel: Cactaur slap! Grab: Waves arm out. Short ranged and quick.

Fthrow: a kick to the shin knocks the enemy away weakly (7%)

Bthrow: The equivalent of a suplex for Cactaur. Also weak. (9%)

Uthrow: Tosses the enemy up and braces himself, enlarging his spines. Enemy lands and receieves damage and vertical knockback. Does not use spines however. A little stronger than his other throws. (7%)

Dthrow: Trips enemy and hops on them a couple of times before they fall away. “Boing” sound effects would be fun. Knockback pushes the enemy away but can be followed at lower percentages.(10%)

Aerials

Nair: Cactaur’s spines enlarge all over his body one right after the other before reverting to normal size (and get all shiny. Last hitbox involves all spines to enlarge and shrink one last time causing knockback not quite enough to be a kill move. Strangely, will only embed 1 spine. (up to 14%)

Fair: A weak kick forward with some duration added on and little lag upon landing. 1 spine. (7%)

Bair: Turns parallel with the ground and shoves both his arms above his head (which at this point will be behind him). More duration, knockback, and damage, as well as embedding up to 2 spines. (9%)

Uair: Shoots three spines from the top of his head while in a standing position, which propels him downwards as well. Range of spines reaches up to a Luigi-height above him, and decent knockback for Cactaur. Spines do not embed, and attack does not work if Cactaur has no spines. (11%)

Dair: Cactaur gains some downward movement while doing his running animation incredibly fast. The hitbox is around the feet, and they do multiple weakly spiking hits. No needle embeddment(eh?) (2-12%)

Specials

Neutral B: Spine Generation:
Cactaur plants his feet, and spines enlarge and shrink on him randomly. This generates his spines, which cause 1% damage each when embedded into an opponent. Hitting with a physical attack or being grabbed makes him lose a certain amount of spines, which embed themselves in the opponent and do extra damage in the case of attacking and causing some damage in return in the case of being grabbed (depends on how powerful the throw used). Press rapidly to generate more spines, and can be done on both ground and in the air. At higher percentages (around 60-80% maybe, obviously I can’t do testing to see if it’s too ineffective or broken), Cactaur produces 2 spines for every B button press. (no damage, not sure about spine limit)

Side B: X Needles: Cactaur shoots needles forward. Amount and thus damage is equal to how many spines Cactaur has at the moment. It can be powerful if Cactuar has generated a lot and has not engaged in physical combat for awhile. Needles have pushing effect similar to the Water attacks but also do 1% damage each and a weak flinch effect. (not sure what the max # of needles should be). These needles do not embed, however. (damage is Variable)

Up B: Float:
Cactaur turns 90 degress and runs UPWARD. Also, there's a trail of greenish afterimages he leaves behind him when he does this, to increase the trippiness. Path can be curved, and although Cactaur does not damage foes upon contact, he shoots out a random amount of spines (up to 10) whenever he uses this attack which can cover his retreat but also makes recovering costly in terms of damage output. The longer you hold the B button, the further Cactaur runs. This increases recovery potential, landing lag, and number of spines released. (variable damage)

Down B: Echo Prick: Cactaur’s spines all enlarge in all directions for a small hitbox covering all around him. The startup is incredibly quick and it deals a major amount of stun if you hit with it directly. Knockback is not quite moderate, although there is lots of stun time, and the direction of knockback relates to where Cactaur hits the opponent (legs = down, head = up, etc)

Also, utilizing this move will cause all spines in opponents to enlarge as well, dealing 1% damage per spine once again. The knockback of embedded spines with the Down B is determined by from what direction and angle the attack landed on which caused the embedding. For instance, hitting an enemy with a Dair, throwing them off the stage, and then using Down B will cause the enemy to be knocked downward slightly which can gimp recovery. However, if Cactaur jumps after them and Echo Pricks directly on them they will be hit downwards, and in addition the embedded spines will contribute to knockback which makes it similar to a spike. Knocking an opponent to magnifying-glass distance and using this move before knockback ceases can push the enemy over the blast line.

However, despite the killing and disrupting potential of this move, it is not quite as useful unless spines are embedded in the opponent which is determined first of all by how much you use the Neutral B, and second of all spines disappear from an opponent after 3 seconds or so after the attack takes place (Like I can do testing to determine what time frame is appropriate to keep it from being useless or overpowered) so to capitalize the Down B must be done soon after an attack.

Note that hitting directly with this does not embed spines, and that the spines will automatically disappear after this attack is used regardless of how much time they would have left. (actual contact: 5%. Other effects cause variable damage)

FINAL SMASH: GIANT CACTAUR

Cactaur runs off stage and comes back as a Jumbo Cactaur (not as big as Giga Bowser) who leaps off into the background and fires his 10000 needles attack towards the screen. Not all 10000 needles can actually do damage, most of the needles simply doing a pushing effect. However, some of the needles are much larger and denser and will do serious knockback. Overall, an opponent could expect to receive anywhere from 40% to 60% damage on average.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Cactaur brushes his head as if he was a cool dude fixing up his pompadour.

Side Taunt: Cactaur Hopscotch!!!

Down Taunt: Cactaur runs in place for a couple of seconds.

Victory Poses:

1) Cactuar does his two-frame run animation in place.

2) Cactuar waves a bag with a money sign on it tauntingly at the screen (Cactaurs are worth lots of GP/AP in the games if you could actually kill them)

3) I would love to see Cactuar imitate Falcon’s win pose where he does a spinning air kick followed by crouching with a shaky palm.

Pros:

+ Small

+ Fast on ground and air

+ Fast attack speed

+ Spines: unique playing style, can help for gimps and kills

+ X Needles can rack up lots of damage

+ Specials and Normals have lots of synergy

Cons:

- LIGHT

- Horrible range

- Bad priority

- No spammable moves

- Reliant on spines for pretty much everything; spine upkeep problems

Strategery

I'll provide a more indepth explanation of Cactuar's Spine Mechanic here. When Cactuar lands a physical attack on an unblocking foe, it can embed up to a certain amount of spines into the opponent depending on the attack. Cactuar must use his Neutral B to generate spines. Throwing Cactuar also results in some spines being embedded, depending on how powerful the throw is.

Each spine does 1% damage, so if Cactuar has a liberal amount of spines and does his Fsmash on an opponent which does 13%, he will in addition embed 5 spines in the opponent bringing up the total damage to 18%.

Echo Prick is an attack with very limited range, hitting all around Cactuar, comes out incredibly fast, does low knockback in relation to the angle it is at, and enlarges all spines embedded in opponents causing each spine do deal 1% damage again and do knockback according to the angle they were embedded into the foe.

So in using the Fsmash example again. Cactuar just dealt 18% damage (13% from smash, 5% from spines) to an opponent and they are sent flying. Well, they aren't sent flying very far because this IS Cactuar we're talking about. On the other hand, using Echo Prick while the knockback is still in effect will deal 5% more damage if that many spines are still in the opponent, and more importantly increase the knockback in that direction. Provided their back is still facing towards the direction they are being propelled and they were Fsmashed from the front on, the spines will stack their knockback to the point where the opponent might be pushed off the blast line. Of course, if the spines are in the wrong angle this could save the enemy as well.

Spines stay embedded in an opponent for up to 4 seconds (anyone want to recommend a time limit change, or more importantly a maximum amount of spines being able to be generated and the maximum number of spines that can be embedded in a foe all at once?), so in order to take advantage of the Echo Prick you have to use it in a short amount of time after the embedding.

|End Moveset|

Cactuar's Moveset has leveled up! Now he can effectively DrillShine. Are you happy now, Chief Mendez? Do you realize the terror you have wrought?!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Pelikinesis: It looks like a solid moveset, but there is too little detail on the aerials and most of the other standard attacks. Specials are well detailed though.

@Spadefox: Thanks, but it is a free demo right? Do i have to buy anything lol?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Peli: Epic, epic win right there, Peli. Yeah, you need to explain the spine mechanic more (does it add extra damage to all of his attacks? What're the max amount of needles?), but otherwise that's absolutely awesome. I freaking love his recovery.

Besides the spine thing, I think I'd change the FS by removing the final charge. Just showering the stage with needles should be enough, if you have it do around 40 or 50 damage to each character. Obviously on some stages like Hyrule Temple, it wouldn't be that useful, but if you make a note that the shots go through drop-through platforms, it'd be a pretty awesome FS.

The way you interspersed green into the descriptions works pretty well, actually. If anything, I think you could benefit by making the section headers a larger font (like 5), and have each move in each section a larger size (probably 3).

EDIT - Gah! Talk about spam, people...

EDIT 2 - Also what TWILTY said about the aerials. It's...well, it's a Cactaur, so lots of detail isn't that necessary, but I actually can't imagine a Cactaur "clapping downard", for example. Wouldn't a running motion in midair (like Yoshi's Dair) be better, though?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Megaman9:Megaman is finally finally "done"! I'll probably post it soonish, but be foreward. This wall of text is taller than Crash Man's stage and harder to get through than Tornado Man's stage.

..Plus it's nowhere near the quality of Cheif Mendez's Megaman moveset.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
cactaur spine mechanic

Alright, as of now, I have absolutely no idea where to actually put a better definition of the spine mechanic, so I'll try to clarify here for now in case anyone is curious enough. Maybe while writing this I'll think of a good place to insert this into the actual moveset.

For most normal attacks Cactuar lands on an opponent, he will embed a certain amount of spines into an opponent if he has at least that amount generated from the Neutral B. So for example, if his Bair does 9% and can embed up to 2 spines, if he has at least 2 spines they will embed when the attack successfully hits an opponent which will deal 2% extra damage (1% for each spine) meaning the Bair will do a total of 11%. If Cactuar has only one spine generated at the moment, it will only embed one spine for a total of 10%.

Also, if Cactuar using Echo Prick while the spine is embedded in the enemy, they will receive 2% damage (if both spines are still in) along with a slight bit of knockback backward (if they were hit while facing Cactaur). This knockback will also stack onto other knockback, meaning that if Cactuar Fsmashes an opponent while having a liberal amount of spines, they will take 13% and will have 5 spines embedded into them for a total of 18% damage plus slightly more knockback than usual. Before the knockback wears off and they are still being propelled away, Cactuar can use Echo Prick which will tag on 5% more damage (if done fast before any spines wear off) and increase knockback like an extra push, which may be enough to get the enemy over the blast line.

Dealing damage with Echo Prick directly does 5%, moderate knockback which does not vary much by damage, and lots of stun, as well as naturally enlarging any spines currently embedded within an opponent. The moderate knockback plus stun plus stacked knockback from spines can result in kills similar to Melee Shine Spikes, provided there are enough spines in an opponent that will propel them more or less downwards.

Does that explain the applications I planned for the spine mechanic? I don't know how to put it into the moveset though; it's too longwinded I think.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
This wall of text is taller than Crash Man's stage
*gulp*

...Just as long as there're no robot birds, I think I'll do fine. Also Tornado Man's got nothing on Air Man or maybe Plug Man. Psh.

EDIT -

@Peli: I usually put stuff like that in a "Special Ability" section right before the moveset itself begins. So in your case, that'd be after the picture (do you really need two of them? I'd stick with just the larger one, myself).

It's definitely not too "long-winded" though. Seriously, we've seen longer.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

BILL GREY
"The Hatches are Open!"

Bill Grey is the leader of two squadrons - the Bulldog and the Husky Squadron. His first appearance was in Star Fox 64 for the Nintendo 64 as minor character in the mission on Katina. Him and his squadron were helping you out. If you completed the mission successfully, Bill would return on either Sector X or Solar (depending on which route you chose) to help you. During the next two games, Bill was absent to make his return in Star Fox: Command for the Nintendo DS. Bill would again help you on your missions on Katina, temporarily joining your team. Bill is a school friend of Fox when both were in the military academy, which Fox left soon to avenge his father's death by Andross. And, of course, I think that Bill is a way better lover for Fox than Krystal ever could be~ <3

Since Bill is such a minor character in only 2 games and never appeared outside of his ship, he sure won't have any chance to get a mention in Smash Bros. However, I like Bill, and think he's much cooler than most of the Star Fox cast. Especially because he has freaking shades. My main goal in this moveset is to detach Bill from the already existing Star Fox characters in both Standard and Special attacks. For this, I've decided to give Bill not his usual appearance in a Cornerian Space Army uniform, but rather make him to something he surely is as well - a soldier suited for desert combat. This means he won't only use some hand-to-hand-moves, but also use some lighter weaponry like an army knife, a laser gun or a tonfa. Why a tonfa? Well, the Cornerian Forces are kinda like police, and that means Bill kinda is a policeman... right? RIGHT?

Anyway. I hope this moveset is able to detach Star Fox characters from being Fox clones, either luigified or not. The only thing Bill will have in common with the actual Space Animals is that he jumps rather high and has insane falling speed. Some of his moves might look generic, as well, but it's not like there's much someone could do with your usual soldier... right? RIGHT?

Stats

Screen Name: Bill
Size: 6/10
Weight: 5/10
(Running) Speed: 4/10
First Jump: 5/10 - Bill jumps up.
Second Jump: 7/10 - In his second jump, Bill somersaults further upwards.
Hover: No.
Fall Speed: 8/10
Crouch: Yes. - Bill kneels down.
Crawl: Yes - Bill crawls slowly along the floor - it looks similar to Snake's crawl.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.

Standard Attacks

Jab: Elbow & Pawnch
For this move, Bill uses his right arm. First he makes a fist in front of his chest, pointing outwards with his elbow. He grabs the fist with his left hand and uses the power of his left arm to give the first attack more momentum. He then rams - similar to Ganondorf's Forward Smash - his elbow into anyone who could be around. If you press the button again, his left hand will let lose of his right. Then he punches with the back of his fist (his elbow still is out there!) into the face of his victim. This all sounds insanely complex, I know, but actually that all happens very quickly. He has no infinite, after those two hits - which both do very low knockback and 2-3% damage each - you will have to press the buttons again. But since the move is very quick, it still isn't that stupid, right?

Dash Attack: Rolling Boot
While running, Bill does a roll on the floor, spinning around himself once. If he has reached his back, he stops, kicks out a foot covered with the heavy sandproof boot, using the momentum from both the run and the roll. This has some great range and comes out quick, however, has ending lag, since Bill has to get up afterwards. If he hits, though, he'll do average knockback and 5-6% damage. Not bad for a dash attack, huh?

Forward Tilt: Knife Stab
Bill gets out his energy bladed knife and simply stabs forward with it, holding the knife in his left hand. After he reached out with it, he pulls his arm back to his chest. Bill's whole arm is a hitbox here. And yes, that move does hit twice. The first hit (the stabbing) does flinching knockback and only 3-4% damage. However, the second hit (the returning) does average knockback and 7-8% damage. Since this move has good range and is very speedy, it can be used really good. It has low priority, though, so don't think you could easily block aerial approaches with it. Still, a very good move, overall.

Up Tilt: Tonfa Uppercut
I guess the name of this move takes out all the excitement, huh? Well... It does have a bit more to it than just a simple uppercut. Holding his betrusted tonfa, Bill punches upwards with it. This lifts a victim slightly into the air and does 2-3% damage. He then proceeds, rotating the tonfa in his hand to point downwards, and simply punches into the unprotected enemy, who is sent flying straightly upwards with average knockback and 3-4% damage. So, this move comes up pretty quickly and does okay knockback, but as you can see, the damage is not really overwhelming. Neither is the range, come to think of it. Ah well. I'm pretty sure a good player can make use of this move!

Down Tilt: Gun Handle
Bill gets out his laser gun, turns it around and "stabs" forward with its handle while crouching. This move has average range, but comes out really really quick - not to mention it's a disjointed hitbox! Hurr. Oh, right... what does it do! It does average knockback with 8-10% damage and has below average priority. There's also a 5% chance of tripping the enemy instead of knocking them away.
Since this move literally has hardly any lag, it's pretty useful. You can keep your enemies away with it - or if you're lucky trip them for getting a free Down Tilt hit again! Woo! Isn't that awesome?

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Tonfa Smash
This move is executed as easy as it sounds. Using his tonfa like an everyday's club, Bill smashes it in front of him. This smash attack has veeeery small range, but pays off with very good knockback and 13-17% damage. It's also - for a smash attack - very quick, coming out fast and having nearly no ending lag, making Bill hard to punish even if he should miss with it. So, I guess that makes it a rather helpful Smash, eh?

Up Smash: Energy Blast
Bill throws up a plasma grenade just above his head. Well, yea. I know it's not really creative, but come ON! Anyway, the grenade explodes into a green burst of plasma energy, shaped in a neat circle and having around the size of about two thirds of Kirby. The explosion stays only for a moment, and Bill is immobile while using the grenade, so he won't get damaged by it should there be any problems with it. This move is unusually laggy for Bill, but still is pretty good - and has a disjointed hitbox with very good priority. It also knocks enemies away with good knockback (diagonally upwards) and does 12-16% damage.

Down Smash: Gun Blast
Aiming down with his gun, Bill fires a nice green laser blast just right in front of his foot. When touching the floor, it does a small burst - though it's not really big, it has about the size of Mario's fire blast when he uses his Forward Smash. So, this move is, like so many others of Bill, very quick and, like most of his tilts, made up of two attacks in one - the laser and the burst. The laser does only do 2-5% damage and flinching knockback, but the blast does 10-12% and launches enemy straight upwards with good knockback. Awesome! Only negative side is, though, that the range is pretty close to zero and Bill is immobile while firing his gun... So you might want to sneak up behind him and punish him for trying to shoot you!

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air: Knee of Justice Ram
Well, well. It may look kinda... stolen. But I swear to you it isn't! Unlike Captain Falcon's knee attack, Bill doesn't look so manly! Although he does look manly, but not as manly as Captain Falcon. Seriously, though, instead of moving his knee forward, Bill slams it rather upward. Yes, he keeps his leg close to his body and doesn't stretch outward. This makes this move's range extremely small. And I mean REALLY small. It only does 5-7% damage, as well, but... and now here comes the awesome part... does very very good knockback - forward, though. So... if you're able to pull this move off, it can be kinda devastating for your enemy. It's quick, it has nearly no lag, but also nearly no range or damage. Double edged sword, huh?

Forward Air: Knife Spin
Holding two of those cool energy bladed knives in his hands - one in each hand - Bill somersaults forward. He slams the knives downwards and uses the rest of his momentum to come back into his normal position. The move only is doing anything when he slams his knives downward. From that one frame when he reached down on... nothing but lag. Deadly deadly lag... average lag, though. Anyway. This move has, like most other moves of Bill, so little range that it can be quite dangerous to use it. It does 7-10% damage and is spiking any enemy hit by it downwards. So, keep out if you see green glowing blades... and no, I'm not doing Copyright Infringement with using Light Sabers - because they aren't. That's all something different, y'know?

Back Air: Mirror Tonfa
Oooo, fancy names! Ahem. Excuse me. I'm just getting excited when thinking of nice names for moves which are so freaking boring. So people get all excited for reading the move and in the end it's just some generic move! Hah! You think I'm kidding? Then get this. Bill gets out his tonfa and rotates it in his hand so the long part is pointing back. He then rams the tonfa into his back, turning slightly with the momentum. If an enemy is hit with the tonfa - which is the only hitbox here - they will recieve 6-9% damage and average knockback sidewards. See? Told ya. But YOU didn't believe me. Bleh.

Up Air: Somersault Kick
Okay okay. I know that this is a generic attack. But come on. He's a generic marine! Ehh... sorry for the outburst. Oh well. Once again a move which has its highly interesting description is summarized insanely good in the name. Bill somersaults backwards in the air, using his heavy sandproof boots to knock enemies away. The hitbox already starts below Bill and ends when he has reached a 180° turn. He then returns to having his feet down and his head up without doing anything - although that happens quite quickly. This move does average knockback and 7-9% damage, but it's quick and all, so... I guess that makes up for it. Sure does, right?

Down Air: Plasma Grenade
Yet again those cursed grenades!! Oh, Spadefox, you're such a lazy bum! Yes, I am, but seriously, I'm trying everything to make it a bit more un-generic... albeit this is pretty generic, isn't it? Aaaanyway. Bill simply drops one of his plasma grenades. It falls down, explodes in one of those beautiful green blasts. Basically it works like his Up Smash, just... downwards and in the air. It has the same size but is a bit speedier, and also shoves Bill a little forward. Anyone who's hit by the blast recieves 8-10% damage and above average knockback ... upwards. Straight upwards. And no, I'm not kidding. So... make good use of it, will you?

Specials

Neutral Special: Blaster Plasma Cannon
Bill gets out his plasma cannon and shoots it. I know, this sounds very boring, so more explanation. The cannon fires 5 small purple bullets (think of Samus' Charge Shot if it's completely uncharged). Each of those bullets fly in a straight line and they come out all very quickly. They only do flinching knockback, but each does 2-3% damage. So if you manage to hit with all of them you might get up to 15%! Isn't that cool? The bullets fly infinitely and will only disappear if they leave the arena or hit any obstacle (walls, objects, other contestants). Okay, I know, that's a projectile too, but... it's different to the Star Fox blasters, isn't it?

Side Special: Husky Phantom Kniferang
Oh, Spadefox, you witty little guy. Such a humorous name! But yeah, that's what it is. Ahem. Bill takes out one of his energy bladed knives and throws it forward. Similarily to the Link's boomerangs you can aim the angle slightly up- or downwards. Otherwise it will just go in a straight line. After it hit an enemy or reached to the end of its range (1/2 of Final Destination), it will return to Bill, who can move around while the knife is flying. There only can be one of those projectiles on the field, and if Bill fails to catch it, you will have to wait for it to leave the arena before you're able to use another one. If someone is hit by it, they will be pulled along (similarily to the Gale Boomerang) and recieve 3 continous hits with 2% damage. Then the knife releases them for whatever reason, and... that's it. Cool, isn't it?

Up Special: Hot Dog Hoverboard
Hah! This is something you didn't see coming, right? Well, every soldier needs something recreational, right, and Bill loves hoverboarding. Why he would bring his hoverboard into battle is a good question, but I won't tell you. Find out yourself. Ask him or something. Anyway... Bill gets out his hoverboard and slips it below his feet. This will make him able to go into 180° from left to right over up. He can't go down - if you press Down, though, he will enter Free Fall and helpless state. If you don't press in any direction, he will slowly travel downwards similar to Mr. Game & Watch's parachute. He can fly around for about 5 seconds, if the "fuel" is completely used, then, he will have to get onto the ground to "refill" the little tanks of his hoverboard. It does no damage.
If he uses this move on the ground, however, he will not be able to fly around, but rather it will work like Yoshi's Egg Roll. You can go from side to side knocking enemies away with low knockback and 6-8% damage. This move has very low traction, though, so beware to not fall off an edge - because if you come from ground mode into air mode, the hoverboard won't be able to switch into flying... leaving you helpless and only with your second jump.

Down Special: Reflector Dirt Kick
Hurr. This attack is so mean that it should be banned just because it really is. What Bill does is kick the ground so he causes a great stir of dust and sand and such. A "manifested" little cloud appears and flows diagonally upward (into the direction Bill is facing, to be exact) and has the approximate range of 1 Mario. It does only 1-2% damage if an enemy gets hit by it, but, and now here's the good part - the enemy will get stunned! It does, of course, no knockback.

Grabs, Throws
The grab animation is actually quite simple... Bill reaches out with one arm. If he grabs someone, he pulls the victim closer. If he misses, he returns his arm to his body quickly. Oddly enough, this is one of the most ranged attacks Bill has in his arsenal... next to most of his specials.

Pummel
Holding his betrusted tonfa in his free hand, Bill beats the poor victim with it, doing 2-3% damage with each hit... that sure must hurt.

Forward Throw
Having his tonfa in his free hand, Bill drops the throwee and then quickly gathers momentum. Quickly, he slams his tonfa into the enemy like a golf club. I'm sure he's holding back to shout "Fore!". Eh... sorry. He, anyway, has good range with this attack, and does 10-12% damage.

Back Throw
Bill turns, holding the throwee, around. He then drops the enemy while gathering momentum with one of his legs. As soon as the victim would hit the ground, Bill rams his heavy sandproof boot into their arse, causing them to fly with medium range, and doing 8-10% damage. Hey, at least he then can say that he kicked the other guy's *ss, right? That's sure something!

Up Throw
Oh, that sure must hurt... getting out his laser gun, Bill lifts the throwee upwards, putting the gun into their belly, and pulls the trigger. This results in a laser blast shooting into the enemy and launching them diagonally upwards with rather nice range and 9-11% damage.

Down Throw
Pulling the throwee onto his shoulder - upside down - Bill lets himself fall down onto his butt, leaning back, as well, so that the head of the enemy rams into the floor. This throw does insane damage (12-14%) but has no range and ending lag - so you might not want to do this when your enemy can quickly get up again or someone else is close.

Situational Attacks

Ledge Sweep (under 100%)
Throwing one of these cursed plasma grenades, which do 4-5% damage and knock enemies away, Bill gets back onto his feet and the arena.

Ledge Sweep (over 100%)
Using his beloved tonfa, knocking enemies away a bit with 3-4% damage, Bill slowly crawls onto the platform.

Get Up Attack (Belly)
Bill curls up and rolls forward, doing his Dash attack - same knockback (average) and damage (5-6%).

Get Up Attack (Back)
Jumping from laying on his back up onto his feet - those heavy sandproof boots can be devastating to those people near, doing low knockback and 3-5% damage.

Final Smash
Landmaster Saucerer
This Final Smash is pretty odd, since it doesn't use an ally of Bill's, but rather a foe! When Bill uses the Smashball, he shouts "Enemy mothership approaching!" Then the giant enemy ship from Star Fox 64's Katina mission, the Saucerer, flies in in the background. Bill says that "The Hatches are open!". Then the Saucerer releases small space ships, shooting and tackling enemies. They can easily be knocked out (similar to Dedede's Waddle Dees). Every minilaser does 2% damage and flinching knockback, and the tackle does 5% damage and little knockback. Sounds weak? Well, if there wasn't a whole SWARM of these things, it sure would be. Bill cannot be harmed by the tiny ships. The Saucerer is releasing for 15 seconds and has infinite resources, but there aren't more than 20 ships on the stage. That's devastating on tiny arenas and nearly useless on huge ones, but whatever. When the time is depleted, the little ships retreat (doing no more crash damage) and so does the Saucerer.

Taunts

Up
Bill points forward with his index finger (OBJECTION!!-stance) and says that you should "Try shooting the bad guys!"

Side
Bill pushes up his shades, grinning and stating that "Don't get too excited!"

Down
Bill gets out a walky talky, ordering into it that "Husky unit, don't let anything through!"

Entrance
Bill flies in with his hoverboard, kicking it upwards, catching it and making it whoosh, disappear.

Alternative costumes
Grey fur, green jacket, white shirt, khaki pants and brown boots/gloves, Default
Brown fur, red jacket, orange shirt, red pants and boots/gloves, Red Team
Pale blue fur, marine jacket, skyblue shirt, turqoise pants and boots/gloves, Blue Team
White fur, pale green jacket, khaki shirt, black pants and boots/gloves, Green Team
Blonde fur, yellow jacket, orange shirt, brown pants and boots/gloves
Black fur, dark grey jacket, bloodred shirt, dark grey pants and black boots/gloves
Bill in his Star Fox 64 outfit, with grey fur, Cornerian uniform (the same Fox is wearing in his Default costume) and green helmet
Bill in his Star Fox: Command outfit, with brown fur, Cornerian uniform and blue shades

Victory Poses

Up
Bill does the "f*ck-yeah"-stance and shouts "Yeeehaw, I did it!"

Side
Bill salutes, smiling, "I'm here to help!"
(when Fox is around, he says "Take it easy, Fox.")

Down
Bill, coming from the side of the screen, faces it and grins at the player, recognizing that "You've become quite a pilot!"
(when Fox is among the losers, he says "Just like old times, huh, Fox?")

Loss
Bill simply claps for the victor.

Pros
+ Rather fast in both movement and attacks
+ Good jumps
+ 3 projectiles
+ Useful throws
+ Good knockback with most of his moves

Contras
- Racks damage very bad
- Poor range
- High Fall Speed
- Recovery move is disabled if used from the ground

Additional Stuff

Codec Converation

- PRESS SELECT -

Snake: "So, another one of those space guys, huh?"
General Pepper: "It's about time you showed up, Fox! You’re the only hope for our world!"
Snake: "...What?"
General Pepper: "So you're going to attack the enemy base? Great idea, Fox!"
Snake: "I'm not a fox, and how did you come into this frequency?!"
General Pepper: "The enemy army is gunning for you! Be careful."
Snake: "You make absolutely NO sense!"
General Pepper: "This is one steep bill....but it's worth it."

- END TRANSMISSION -

Kirby Hat
Bill's shades and ears. He also recieves the Plasma Cannon as a Neutral Special.

Wii Remote Sound
Bill's voice, exclaiming that it's "Great!".

Unlock Message
Bill Grey, leader of the Bulldog and Husky Squadrons, is now available!

Song for the Single Player Credits
Star Fox Assault - Katina

Role in Subspace Emissary
Will follow in my Mini-SSE

Logo

Victory Theme
Star Fox 64 - Bill's Theme

Stage

Katina

Katina first appeared in Star Fox 64, and was homeplanet to Bill, who helped you out with his squadrons in fighting Andross' armies. Katina is an arid planet, some world you easily could call a desert world. In the Smash Bros. stage, you're fighting in one of Katina's desert outposts.

The stage is slightly static, because it doesn't move. The red box is around Mario's size. The blue lines are symbolizing platforms you can't drop through, being the stage's main fighting area - the walls around the base. The pale blue lines are platforms you can drop through, meaning you're fighting on several roofs and the like. The pink platform - symbolizing as you can see, the bridge, is the only "hazard" this stage has. It's a solid platform, but the bridge randomly appears and disappears, making it a not very reliable source for recovering or landing on, so beware.

Music:
Star Fox - Corneria
Star Fox - Space Armada
Star Fox - Sector X & Z
Star Fox - Meteor
Star Fox 64 - Katina
Star Fox 64 - Zoness
Star Fox 64 - Aquas
Star Fox 64 - Sector X
Star Fox Assault - Katina
Star Fox Assault - Sauria

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Bills looks great at a skim, a shame I can't look at him more in-depth on his first posting due to having to go off to review The King, although I LOVE how you have Fox's special moves/final smash next to Bill's crossed out. Just goes to show how easy it is to make a moveset for a Starfox character.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Everything was good, except that the Codec didn't make much sense. I know that you wanted to make it seem like General Pepper was doing weirdness (and by that I mean just launching off famous quotes), but it would be funnier if you got Kat to hack the transmission and start hitting on Snake. And it would be even better than if Falco was in the game too, Falco would join and would start getting jealous of Snake.

But yeah, nice moveset. You've done Bill justice.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spadefox: Thanks, but it is a free demo right? Do i have to buy anything lol?
I'm using it for like... 3 years and never had to pay a cent, so no. It's free. =P

@Junahu:
Gulp.

@MasterWarlord:
I would like you to read the crossed out attacks - especially the Up B - again. ;P

@SkylerOcon:
Oooo... I didn't think of that. That sounds great. Thanks for the idea, I might whip up something, though I'm worn out for the day. ^^"
Maybe tomorrow while being at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom