• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Mendez: Ok, I believe I have it now. How is this?
Exactly. :bee:

I'll get that linked up in The Stadium in a minute.

The five percent change is added in to make it more significant. 10% increase on knockback isn't to shabby either. Each Link needs to feel very distinct or it will just feel like 'oh okay I changed colors' not 'oops I needed to be Red Link now I have to hit with the Four Swords attack another three times'.
Yeah, but it's an extra 5% with every attack, right? Still seems whack to me....

...Well, maybe not. Anyways, the names are much easier to read now, though. So there's that. You do need a FS though, and hopefully not Ballad of Gales.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Great job on Electrode, Warlord K.Rool. Very creative and you made him a truly unique character.
Thanks, Tanookie. For this, I forgive you for mixing me up with the Detail Nazi.

Electrode was very creative, K.Rool. You'll be happy to know that I am in the rough draft phase of Wheelie, and will start him as soon as my "self-portrait" move set is finished.
Thanks, and I'm glad to hear it. MUST SEE

Great job, King. I loved how you incorporated three forms of Electrode into his moveset.
Thanks, I was kind of pleased with it myself.

Electrode = WIN. Well-designed and my fav electric type. Nice work, man.
EEEEEWWWWW...Electrode. Worst electric Pokemon ever :urg:
Electrode makes me a happy Pokemon fan.
Hmm... I seem to be getting mixed messages here... well, you know, TWIL, I WILL be adding a Voltorb Alt. Costume, so...

Anyway, thanks, guys.

Electrode! Wow. I always liked electrode, even though he was a rather pathetic pokemon. Vital Throw is brilliantly twisted.

I really wished you included some kind of benefit to being in the fizzled state. I also didn't like the fact that, sans getting KO'd or using a Final Smash, there's no real way to unfizzle yourself. Perhaps if you use Charge uninterupted for long enough, he could return to normal?

Plus.. how does he hold items?
I can't believe I even thought up Vital Throw. I love it.

Fizzled state is supposed to be a major setback, though. Otherwise, you could just selfdestruct away, heedless of the consequences. And, technically, you DO gain access to all those juicy smoke-causing effects...

As for being able to recover from it, that sounds fair enough to me, really. It'll have to be a bit more Charge time though, maybe ten seconds total.

Items float around him, in orbit, like when he grabs someone. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, Junahu!

Toon Link looks excellent at a glance. I won't comment on The Joker as I don't have time to wade through that river of text, and I'll end up reviewing it sometime soon anyway.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, but it's an extra 5% with every attack, right? Still seems whack to me....

...Well, maybe not. Anyways, the names are much easier to read now, though. So there's that. You do need a FS though, and hopefully not Ballad of Gales.
Don't worry. I wasn't planning to use that. Let me give you a hint to what it is:

Fourth Generation Pokemon.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Surprise. I've got a new moveset!

Happy Gilmore

"He doesn't play golf... he destroys it!"

Universe:
Happy Gilmore (Movie)

Universe Symbol:
Two golf balls and a golf club...... :laugh:

Story:
Ever since his dad died, all Happy wanted was to be a hockey player. He had the heart. He had the anger. He had the strength. He just didn't have any talent.
One day his grandma's house was foreclosed, and he would need 270,000 dollars to buy it back. Fortunately, his talent of driving a golf ball 400 yards was discovered by the former professional golfer, Chubs Peterson, who taught Happy how to play golf professionally.

Playstyle:
Happy relies on power and reach to win most of the time.
He has a variety of projectiles and 2 different weapons, making him a fairly versatile character.
His air game is good, but his ground game is better, making him a ground based character.

Unique Mechanics:
Brawler-
Happy's forward roll gives him super armor instead of invinceability and inflicts knockdown (like tripping) and 7% damage on any hit struck foe.

Stats:
Height- 4/5
Weight- 4/5
Walk Speed- 3/5
Running Speed- 3/5
Attack Speed- 2/5
Attack Power- 4/5
Average Reach- 4/5
Priority- 4/5
First Jump- 3/5
Second Jump- 3/5
Falling Speed- 3/5
Recovery- 3/5
Final Smash- 3/5
Traction- 1/5 (Happy can't skate! lolol)
Dodges- 3/5
Crouch- 5/5
Wall Jump- No
Wall Cling- No
Crawl- Yes
Glide- No

Basic Animations:
Basic Pose- The pose shown in the picture.
Idle Pose- Happy nods his head.
Crouch- Similar to Snake's.
Crawl- Similar to Snake's.
First Jump- A normal jump.
Second Jump- Same as first.
Shield- Happy braces himself for the pain. He has become so resistant that he hardly feels it until the pain goes over a certain limit. When he is feeling good, Happy says stuff like "That feels good!", when the shield reaches medium strength he might say "That hurt a little.", and when its about to break he says "Ouch, that hurt!"
Sidestep- A normal sidestep.
Forward Roll- Happy charges right through the foe, knocking them down. Happy still takes damage while using this, but he has super armor. This deals 7% damage.
Backwards Roll- Happy jumps back.
Air Dodge- A normal airdodge.

Miscellanious Animations:
Dazed Pose- Happy gets dizzy and stars fly around his head.
Sleeping Pose- Falls down on the ground and starts snoring.
Weapon Carry Animation- Happy holds his weapon like a golf club/hockey club.
Homerun Animation- Happy taps the bat on the ground like a golf club and swings it, just like in golf.

Specials:
Neutral B- Golf Ball/Hockey Puck
If Happy is wielding his golf club, he pulls out a golf ball. If Happy is wielding his hockey stick, he pulls out a hockey puck.
When you release B, Happy swings his club and the projectile goes flying.
Details-
You can charge this move, drastically increasing its distance. Once the move is fully charged Happy will say "Look at it go!" before hitting the projectile. It will fly very far (the entire stage) at an upwards trajectory.
This move has average beginning and ending lag (not counting charge time).
Golf Ball-
Normally serves as an aerial projectile with a curved arc.
Deals 3% damage and decent knockback.
Flight speed is high.
Hockey Puck-
Normally serves as a ground based projectile.
Deals 4% damage and low knockback.
Travelling speed is a bit faster than the IC's Ice Block.

Side B- Flag Throw
Happy pulls a hole marker out of the ground and throws it like a javelin. It flies a good distance (half of FD) straight forward. This move deals low knockback and 6% damage. The flight speed is a bit faster than Wolf's blaster.

Up B- Rope Ball/Rope Puck
If Happy is wielding the golf club, he pulls out a golf ball with a long rope. If he is wielding the hockey stick, he pulls out a hockey puck with a rope.
If the ball, puck hits someone, they take 5% damage and low knockback.
Happy holds on to the rope and flies with the projectile (not realistic, but hey, this is Smash.)
Golf Ball-
Higher arc (better vertical recovery)
High vertical recovery and decent horizontal recovery.
Hockey Puck-
Lower arc (better horizontal recovery)
Low vertical and very high horizontal recovery.

Down B- Changing The Game
Peter changes between the golf club and the hockey stick. Not only does this change his weapon, but it also changes his projectiles and recovery.
Golf Club-
Lower Lag
Better Vertical Recovery
Lower damage and knockback.
Hockey Stick-
Slower
Better horizontal recovery
Higher damage and knockback.
Both-
Great reach.
Great priority.

Normal Attacks:
A- Punch
Happy Gilmore punches the foe. Fairly low beginning and ending lag. Good reach. Good priority. 5% damage and good knockback.

Dash Attack- Running Swing
Happy swings his golf club/hockey stick upwards while running. This move has average beginning lag and average ending lag. Great reach. Good priority. 8% damage and great vertical knockback. You can continue running while and after using this.

Tilts:
Forward- Swing
Happy swings his golf club/hockey stick upwards. This move has fairly low beginning lag and fairly low ending lag. Great reach. Great priority. 7% damage and good vertical knockback.

Up- Throw
Happy throws a golf ball/hockey puck straight upwards. This move has low beginning and ending lag. Awesome reach (about 1/4th of Final Destination, vertically). Priority is meh. The golf ball deals 5% damage and low knockback. The hockey puck deals 4% damage and decent knockback.

Down- Tripping Swing
Happy swings his golf club/hockey stick low, causing the opponent to trip. This move has fairly low beginning and ending lag. Great reach. Great priority. 8% damage and no knockback.

Smashes:
Forward- A Unique Record
Happy holds 2 records in hockey.... most time spent in the penalty box and he is the only person to try and take his skate off and stab somebody.
Happy pulls a skate out of nowhere and stabs forward with the blade on the bottom. This has rather high lag on both ends. The move has good reach. Very high priority. 15....20% damage and average smash knockback.

Up Smash- Smack
Happy swings his golf club/hockey stick upwards. The swing starts in front of him and ends behind him. The golf club has average lag on both ends. The hockey stick has fairly high lag on both ends. Great priority. Great reach. The golf club deals 10....15% damage and great knockback (the knockback is horizontal and in the direction opposite of Happy.) The hockey stick deals 11....16% damage and high knockback (the knockback is horizontal and in the direction opposite of Happy.)

Down Smash- Double Club
Happy swings both the golf club and the hockey stick. The one you are wielding hits forward and the other one hits behind. This move has average lag on both ends. This has great priority and great reach. The golf club deals 10....15% damage and great vertical knockback. The hockey stick deals 11...16% damage and high vertical knockback.

Aerials:
Nair- Double Air Club
An aerial version of his Down Smash. In this move both clubs deal vertical knockback. This move has average lag on both ends. This has great priority and reach. The golf club deals 10% damage and great knockback and the hockey stick deals 11% damage and high knockback.

Fair- Far-Shot
Happy swings his club/hockey stick forward, using the same stance as in golf. This move has fairly low lag, great priority, and great reach. The golf club deals 11% damage and good horizontal knockback and the hockey stick deals 12% damage and great horizontal knockback.

Bair- Club Smash
Happy turns around and smashes his golf club/hockey stick downwards, spiking whoever he hits downwards. This move has average lag, great priority and great reach. The golf club deals 10% damage and the hockey stick deals 11% damage.

Uair- An Aether of Sports
Whats this?! Happy is threw his club/hockey stick in the air and its spinning.... could he be trying to... NO WAY! Happy is using AETHER!? This move works exactly like Ike's Aether except that it is useless for recovering, as Happy cannot grab the edge with it. Don't use it unless you are sure to survive.

Dair- Bag O' Golf Ballz
Happy takes out a bag of balls.... no not those balls... GOLF BALLS! He dumps the bag, spilling all of the projectiles (10 total) downwards. This move has fairly low beginning and ending lag. This has variable reach, being a projectile. The priority is low. Each golf ball deals 2% damage and flinching (no knockback). A foe directly under Happy is likely to be struck by them all for a whopping 20 damage, but as the distance increases, the golf balls split farther apart. I'm going to stop talking about this attack now because it sounds wrong!

Miscellanious Attacks:
Crawl Attack- Uppercut
Happy jumps up and uppercuts the foe. Low lag on both ends. Good reach. Great priority. 8% damage and good vertical knockback.

Ledge Attack- Spinning Smack
Animation is basically the same as Ike's bair. Great reach. Low lag. Great priority. Deals decent knockback and 7% damage.

Get Up Attack- Double Swing
Happy uses an attack with most of the same mechanics of his Down Smash as he jumps to his feet. Both clubs deal horizontal knockback in this move. This move has low lag on both ends. This move has great reach and great priority. The golf club deals 6% damage and good knockback. The hockey stick deals 7% damage and great knockback.

Grabs:
Grab- Shirt Pull
Happy grabs his foe by the back of his collar/neck and pulls their shirt over their head (if applicable).

Grab Attack- Gut Punch
Happy punches the foe in the gut. 3% damage and average lag on both ends.

Forward Throw- Heavy Punch
Happy punches the foe hard, knocking them a good distance away. 7% damage and great horizontal knockback.

Back Throw- Tombstone
Happy performs a backwards tombstone, dealing 9% damage and low vertical knockback.

Up Throw- Heavy Uppercut
Happy uppercuts the foe with force, knocking them a good distance away. 7% damage and great vertical knockback.

Down Throw- Long Game
Happy shows his great distance game. He throws the foe to the ground and swings his club/hockey stick, sending them 400 yards away.. ok not really, but this move does deal 6% damage and as much horizontal knockback as Mewtwo's Up Throw deals in vertical knockback.

Final Smash:
Happy's Gambit-
Happy performs his tournament winning shot. A giant tower in the background falls, covering the field in the reckage, and trapping everyone in a metal cage. The falling tower deals 20% damage but no knockback. Happy then shoots his golf ball. It repeatedly bounces around the metal cage formed by the tower becoming a hellish projectile. Each time someone is hit by the golf ball they take 2% damage and flinching. The golf ball moves at a fast speed, and can be hard to avoid.
After 20 seconds, the golf ball finally makes its way into the hole.
Happy is free to move and fight during this Final Smash.

Taunts:
Up- Subway sub
Happy pulls out a Subway sandwich and takes a bite out of it.
Side- Aiming the swing
Happy taps his golf club/hockey stick on the ground several times.
Down- Riding The Mule
Happy takes his golf club/hockey stick and holds it between his legs and starts thrusting and spanking the imaginary mule... a very inappropriate gesture to say the least.

Lose Pose:
Happy starts smashing his golf club into the ground several times (like how Guitar Hero characters smash their guitar after failing a song) and starts cussing wildly (all of the vulgar words are filtered.)

Victory Pose:
Up- Fresh Toasted Subway Sub
Happy pulls out a sandwich and says "Subway can make you big and strong, just like me" and starts eating it.
Side- Date with Virginia
Virginia Bennet runs up and kisses Happy.
Down- Riding The Mule Again
Happy performs his down taunt.
Victory Theme= Happy Gilmore Main Theme (I forget the real song name)

Pros:
Heavyweight
A variety of useful projectiles
Fairly versatile character
Can crawl
Attacks have great reach
Many attacks pack a punch.
Final Smash deals great damage.
Down Throw is very powerful.
Very entertaining character.

Cons:
Few fast attacks.
Large target.
Recovery isn't reliable.
Final Smash can't KO.
Poor traction.
Lacks the abillity to wall jump, wall cling, and glide.

Extras:

Crowd Cheer:
Unlike most characters, Happy has visible "cheerleaders" .... okay they are really fat drunk guys.
Each worthless drunk has a letter of Happy's first name on their chest and a letter of the word RULES on their backs.
They cheer "HAPPY, RULES!", switching sides in accordance to what they scream.

Codec Conversation:
Snake- Why is there a golfer here?
Octacon- That's Happy Gilmore. He is a strong professional golfer with anger issues.
S- What is he doing here?
O- Well hes probably either fighting or doing a Subway commercial, and I doubt hes here for the latter.
S- What do you want, Happy?
Happy- I want to kick your *filtered*!
S- Bring it on!

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains a face just like Happys (except pink)!? This is weird.
He will be locked onto golf balls for the Neutral B and whenever he uses it, he screams "FOUR!"

Stages:
The Pro Tour-
This is the biggest golf championship in the nation (atleast in this movie). This stage works a lot like Castle Siege, but with many parts (same interval between switches).
There are 18 holes (and thus 18 stages), each featuring a different layout. The layouts range from what would be tourney viable (if it weren't for switches) to crazy stages with obstacles such as windmills.
Features:
Windmill- Works just like the windmill on the Pokemon Stadium stage.
Sandtrap- Slowly sucks you in. Jump to get out. It will KO you like Water if you get completely sucked in. The earlier you get out, the better.
Lake- Just like normal water
Varying elevations- Self explanatory

Music:
Basically the only song I know the name to in the movie. It is definitely lol worthy.
Endless Love :laugh:

Items:
Golf Ball- A faster version of the soccer ball that goes farther but has less knockback.
Subway Sub- Mmmmmmmm toasted. Heals for 30% hp.

Assist Trophy:
Mr. Larson-

Look at that monster! Guns don't kill people, he does!
Mr. Larson attacks with powerful punches that deal 10% damage and great knockback every swing. He is invinceable and lasts for 15 seconds.

Trophies:
Happy Gilmore- A former wannabe hockey player with serious anger problems. Happy Gilmore now plays golf.

Happy's Grandma- She's the sweetest person in the world. She once wore a Jean Simmons mask to cheer him up.

Mr. Larson- Happy's former boss. Happy shot him in the head with a nail gun and he is angry!

Virginia Bennet- A public relations worker who dates Happy.

Shooter McGavin- An arrogant golfer who was considered to be a sure winner for the Pro Tour. That is... before Happy showed up.

Chubs Peterson- This former golfing legend was forced to quit after an alligator bit his hand off, but he tore the creature's eye out!

Event Matches:
#69- Subway Commercial
Subway wants footage of Happy's victory. Show your opponents how well you can fight when money is on the line!
Playable Characters- Happy Gilmore
Opponents- 3 Random Foes
Objective- Defeat them all. You have 3 stocks they each have one.

Stickers:
Happy Gilmore- Projectile distance +50%

Bosses:
Shooter McGavin-

Can Happy defeat the #1 golfer in America (in this movie... if you say Tiger Woods, you die)?

Attacks-
Club swing- Shooter swings his club at you. Average Lag and great reach. 5....20% damage and low....good knockback.

Shooter Shot- Shooter swings his club, shooting a golf ball at you. This fast moving projectile goes across the entire stage. 5....15% damage and very low....average knockback

Size- Human
Difficulty- 1/5 (really easy... he's a real wimp)
Fought On- Pro Tour

SSE Role:
To be revealed...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Added a Final Smash and music to Toon Link. I'm not going to bother posting the Link because its the first post on the page before this.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Well since I may not have any sets to post for awhile, one liners for all... up to page 77!
*note: I may or may not have read the entire moveset but I have looked at them more than a glance

Happy Gilmore: LOL, what made you do this? That movie was pretty funny and so is this moveset.

Toon Link Remix: Dang, this new version is a powerhouse and doesn't feel like the current Link at all, which is good. Great moveset, looks like he'd kill everything.

Electrode: I was looking forward to this moveset, I remember you talking about it earlier, you did not disappoint at all. You've got interesting mechanics and everything. I'm loving the Magnet Rise.

The Joker: I still haven't seen this movie wtf. Good set, incredibly thorough as usual. I haven't read the whole thing yet though. I expect no problems.

Megaman 9: Whoa, this is pure wingasm. But like others have said, it's the whole "might-not-be-considered-a-true-moveset" thing I'm concerned about, and yeah there are a ton of extras.

Bill Grey: Big animal fan? Looks tight from what I've read, but I like my view a little less blue, if you catch my drift. It's weird how its all blue and then different colors at the bottom.

Cactuar: Isn't there a Pokemon Cactuar? "Cactaur turns 90 degress and runs UPWARD." made me lol inside picturing that. Maybe its because I never played the game?

Kaptain Scurvy: Crystal Coconuts? I used to have that video! I didn't think many people actually watched the animated adventures. Props for that. I promise to go back and read in-depth.

Baby DK: Stats = win. Small characters that bring pain rules! Also, I found this moveset pretty easy to get through, great layout.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Nice, but Moon Pearl is fairly broken if the enemy has 61% or more, IMO.

I liked Happy, but in his recovery, you called him "Hockey".:ohwell:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
wait....IS there a Cactaur Pokemon? I remember that in the first season of Digimon there was a giant cactus named Togemon or something like that and s/he(?) had boxing gloves for some reason, but seeing as I haven't kept up with the 50th game containing 99999 Pokemon which means at least 25 more "Legendary" pokemon that might keep Mewtwo from appearing in the next Smash game I think I lost my train of thought.

Right. Wouldn't know if there's a Cactaur Pokemon. Any help from you Poke-savvy people out there?

Oh, and I really did read everyones comments (because there weren't alot) on my movesets, and I will get my lazy butt around to making some suggested changes (mostly Chief Mendez's) EVENTUALLY.

Thank goodness it's not like I have Finals to worry about next week or anything, except that I do and that's why Cactaur can't drillshine just yet. And I'm sure I'm not intimidated or feeling inadequate because I actually started reading other people's movesets.

I'm all into that self-efficacy thing. SRSLY.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
wait....IS there a Cactaur Pokemon? I remember that in the first season of Digimon there was a giant cactus named Togemon or something like that and s/he(?) had boxing gloves for some reason, but seeing as I haven't kept up with the 50th game containing 99999 Pokemon which means at least 25 more "Legendary" pokemon that might keep Mewtwo from appearing in the next Smash game I think I lost my train of thought.

Right. Wouldn't know if there's a Cactaur Pokemon. Any help from you Poke-savvy people out there?

Oh, and I really did read everyones comments (because there weren't alot) on my movesets, and I will get my lazy butt around to making some suggested changes (mostly Chief Mendez's) EVENTUALLY.

Thank goodness it's not like I have Finals to worry about next week or anything, except that I do and that's why Cactaur can't drillshine just yet. And I'm sure I'm not intimidated or feeling inadequate because I actually started reading other people's movesets.

lol. Wrong TWO times. But I understand your mistake.

Cactuar > Togemon + Cacnea + generic cactus

Junahu

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or does anyone else miss having joke movesets crop up once in a while? I'd like to see a Blood Falcon, or a Chuck Norris or even a
fierce deity link
to take the pressure off.

edit: I need to read Cactuar. Those needles sound like a nifty mechanic

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!

SRSLY

You're like, one of the bestest newcomers in this thread. Just because everyone else is silly and ignoring your stuff doesn't make it any less awesome. Keep up the good work, or I shall become a sad panda. :urg:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
wow did I miss a lot. MM9 Megaman, the Joker & Electrode are all PURE WIN, & I wouldn't mind seeing any of them win the whole thing.

@junahu: I should mention that what I actually read of Megaman was awesome; no chance I could read the whole thing... :ohwell:

as for me, my ideas for spyro's moves are almost all finalized. Now I just gotta write it XD. I'll post it right when I have the moveset itself done so he can get comments; I'll get the extras done later :p

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!
So are you doing a Gurren Lagann moveset or what? I've seen all kinds of these quotes from you in MyM 3 and 4.:ohwell:

samuraipanda
Fix'd.

EDIT:
Is it just me, or does anyone else miss having joke movesets crop up once in a while?
The Generic IRON Sword User
Picture: Generic

Backstory
Generic

A: Generic slash
AA: Generic slash
AAA: Generic slashes
>Tilt: Generic stab
^Tilt: Generic stab
vTilt: Generic sweep

>Smash: Generic slashes
^Smash: Generic Ike ^Smash
vSmash: Powerful generic sweep

Nair: Generic slash forward then backward
Fair: Generic slash forward
Bair: Generic slash backward
Dair: Generic stab downwards
Uair: Generic stab upward

Grab attack: Generic punch
FGrab: Generic throw forward
BGrab: Generic throw backward
Dair: Generic body slam
Uair: Generic throw upwards

B: Generic projectile
>B: Generic multiple slashes
^B: Generic jump
VB: Generic counter

Final Smash: Generic lazer

Music
Generic music
Generic music
Generic music

Stage: Generic flat stage

Unlock: Generic battle

Taunt: Generic pose with generic insult
>Taunt: Generic fighting stance with generic taunt
^Taunt: Generic trip

Entry: Generic appearance out of nowhere

Victory Pose: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#2: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#3: Genric Pose WITH generic catchphrase

Costume#1: Generic color
Costume#2: Generic color swap
Costume#3: Generic color swap
Costume#4: Generic color swap
Costume#5: Generic color swap
Costume#6: Generic color swap

Codec
Generic comic relief

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Perfect Defense and Special Defense, the ultimate tank! Skarmbliss joins the brawl!

B - Blissful Ignorance: Skarmbliss puffs itself out, becoming immune to all projectiles and unique properties of attacks. Skarmbliss can move while like this, but can't do any other attacks.

B Side - Softboiled: Heals Skarmbliss of 25% damage.

B Up - Whirlwind: Skarmbliss flaps it's wings to gain an infinite recovery with free flight, causing a massive whirlwind with it's wings behind itself that does no damage but pushes foes far away from Skarmbliss. Cancel with neutral B.

B Down - Steel Tank: Skarmbliss shields itself with it's wings, unable to take any damage from physical attacks, the opposite of Blissful Ignorance. Skarmbliss can move while doing this, but can't attack.

Fsmash - Thunder Wave: Skarmbliss lets out waves from itself the paralizes enemies like ZSS's Dsmash.

Uthrow - Seismic Toss: Skarmbliss throws it's foe above it's head, them turning into a steel ball briefly, going up then crashing back down for 100% damage.

Final Smash - HAXXORZ: Skarmbliss's wings turn into Ky00ber's fins, gains Arecues' legs, and Mewtwo's head. All attacks now do 999% damage to all enemies and infinite knockback. This final smash has an infinite duration. The final smash keeps the match from ending, even if you turn the wii off or unplug it. To end it, you must take your DS and your Pokemon Diamond or Pearl game to connect to Brawl and Battle SkarmBliss, the only way to defeat it being with your own hacks. If you fail to defeat it, your DS will be freeze, being unable to be turned off. The only way to counter this is to destroy your DS to take a second attempt with another DS. If you fail to defeat Skarmbliss after 666 tries, you will be frozen and unable to be turned off. The only way to fix the person from this state is to destroy them. If you fail to destroy them, then you will be frozen and unable to be turned off. The only way to fix a person in this state is to destroy them. If you fail to destroy them, then you will be frozen and unable to be turned off.The only way to fix a person in this state is to destroy them. If you fail to destroy them, then you will be frozen and unable to be turned off.The only way to fix a person in this state is to destroy them. If you fail to destroy them, then you will be frozen and unable to be turned off.The only way to fix a person in this state is to destroy them. If you fail to destroy them, then you will be frozen and unable to be turned off.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Skarmbliss is BY FAR your best moveset so far, Warlord! So detailed, so in depth, so everything!

EPIC WIN.

/thread

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
lol@everything

It's all good. If I was that desperate for attention I'd send in a billion review requests a day to each MYM head guy....thing.

I'll fix Chocobo and Cactaur after I submit Tonberry.

The general idea is that Chocobo is the straightforward one, Cactuar is the Melee-style, mechanic-based one, and Tonberry will be teh mindgamez.

How does one design mindgames into a character? I dunno, but I'm putting in my take on it in a bit here.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
At SkylarOcon, who made the new Toon Link Remix. I really like your new Toon Link, he looks really awesome. Along with that, do you think he is going to be balanced? How will he do when he fights the normal big Link?

Also is there anyone here who is considering making a new

Master Chief or Halo character?

I hope someone makes a Halo character in this one. I don't want to do it, people here put too much detail and it is too much for me but I would really think it would be cool if someone could pull out a new original Master Chief (obviously not a clone of my moveset from MYM 3.0) or some other Halo character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So are you doing a Gurren Lagann moveset or what? I've seen all kinds of these quotes from you in MyM 3 and 4.:ohwell:
No.

I'm definitely not. Really I haven't even considered it. God, way to jump to conclusions, man. :dizzy:

Dude that's so broken it's not even funny you just got like, -1,000 cool points for obviously putting so little thought to balance I mean Jesus Christ in a birchbark canoe that thing would just be so overpowered and like does the Final Smash ever end seriously what did you expect us to say "lol cool moveset dood" no, no that's just not happening God get a grip on reality man I bet this is just some stupid Pokemon nerd in-joke that's not even an interesting character needs more detail compared to your last few 'sets this is a serious disappointment I expected better from you like, you know better man what gives are you stupid or something I like pie forsooth the least you could've done is, y'know, actually included some cool Pokemon like I dunno a Goomba or a Roomba or something so how has your day been, but in all seriousness this is just lazy work you don't even have a full set of aerial attacks and besides I just have trouble reading the background behind all that generic white text but really, actually to sum everything up Okkusenman for real, also I hate you forever--lolchillinz.

Master Chief or Halo character?
I might've thought about it maybe...but honestly there are just so many other option for me to do. Plus aside from the Chief himself, the only other character I could see myself doing a moveset for is the Arbiter.

Halo isn't exactly ripe with interesting characters, y'know...

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Gatomon for MYM 4.0!

Gatomon

General

Gatomon is a small and fast character that has quick moves that are not very powerful, but can build up damage quickly if you use them in rapid succession. She has a hit and run type of gameplay because she is a light character and can be KO'd easily.

Overview

Idle Stance: Standing regularly with her arms at the side. Her tail moves back and forth.

Walk: Goes relatively fast, hunches over as if stalking something.

Run: Runs on all four legs, very similar to Pikachu's run.

Crouch: Hunches down on all four legs, looking as if she is ready to pounce.

Roll: Very fast roll that covers an average amount of space. She quickly moves behind the opponent in an organized roll.

Spot Dodge: Dodges towards the screen in a jumping fashion, and then quickly moves back into position.

Air Dodge: Flips in the air away from the screen and then comes back.

Dizzy Stance: Slight hunched over, eyes in a confused fashion, looking upward as her body sways back and forth.

Sleep Stance: Curls up like a kitten and sleeps until awoken and then realizing that she is vulnerable and quickly gets back into position.

Wall Jump: Yes

Wall Cling: Yes

Hover: No

Glide: No

Stats

Height: Relatively the same size as pikachu, but a little smaller.

Weight: A light character, so she's easy to KO.

First Jump: First crouches towards the ground on four legs then her hands come up in the air and then her feet. Covers an average distance.

Second Jump: Flips in the air, covers more ground than the first jump. Very little lag.

Power: Gatomon has a minor difficulty KO'ing becaus she is not that powerful, for she is fast and not very strong.

Attack Speed: One of the quickest attack sets out of all of the characters. Very fast reaction time and almost no lag on many attacks. This is because she is always alert and ready.

Turning: Skids across the ground, as if on a smooth surface, then quickly turns backwards and starts moving again.

Fall Speed: Very slow small speed because she is a light character. Falls faster than pikachu but slower than Mario.

Range: Gatomon's arms are pretty short, so they can't reach a very long distance. Gatomon has about the range of Mario's attacks.

Specials

Lighting Claw (Neutral B)

Gatomon's signature move. She pulls her right paw back quickly, it glows with electricity and then she slams it forward in a swiping motion. The attack only takes about 0.75 seconds. It causes 15%-18% depending on how close the opponent is to Gatomon. It has a great knockback, sending opponents flying at about 45%. This makes Lightning Paw one of Gatomon's better killing moves. It it relatively slow compared to her other moves.

Feline Lunge (Forward B)

Gatomon jumps forward in the air into a horizontal position but her paws are raised higher than her body. She will continue on for about one platform's length on Battlefield until she hits something. When she hits something, she will bring her paws down very quickly and strike for 8%. If she does not hit anything and she is on the ground, she will just fall to the ground and get back up. If she is in the air, she becomes vulnerable and is unable to attack or recover until she touches ground. Since Gatomon is swiping downwards, if this attack is done in the air, it is used as a Meteor Smash. This attack can also be used as a recovery.

Cat's Eye Hypnotism (Down B)

Gatomon leans forward, making eye contact with the opponent. If she makes eye contact (Opponent is close enough to her) she will send them into a trance, dizzying them for about 3.5 seconds. The attack out as far as Ganondorf's Warlock punch goes. The attack goes in the direction Gatomon was/is facing before the attack. The attack is quick, only lasting about half a second, so Gatomon is given time to attack after the stunning.

Champion Rush (Up B)

This is Gatomon's recovery. Her attack goes diagonally upward about 65° in the direction that she is facing. She covers about as much ground as Captain Falcon's Up+B covers. In between her starting and ending point, she has her paw above her body and has her claws so that there are 5 potential hits in between the starting and ending point. Each hit does about 3%-4%, so if you get all 5 hits off it is a 15%-20% attack and usually you can get all 5 hits if the opponent is right next to you when you start the attack. The last hit before the end of the move sends the opponent in a diagonal direction at about 35° with fairly good knockback.

Ground Attacks and Tilts

A - Swipes from the side extremely quickly. Does 2% and has no knockback
AA - A attack and then follows into a swipe from the other side. Does 3% and has no knockback
AAA - AA attack and then then a jab right in the middle that has little knockback. 4%. This is one of Gatomon's best damage building moves because it is the quickest of her moves. There is no frame delay and it is a good 8%-9% attack that can be pulled off fast.

Forward Tilt - Closed claws in from the side, like an alligator, except from the sides. Very fast attack with only 1 frame delay. 5%-6% with average knockback.

Up Tilt - Spins and kicks upwards with her leg while spinning and then directly after, swipes upward with her claw on the same side that she kicked from. Little knockback and 6%

Down Tilt - Swipes left and right claws from the side. Very fast attack and can be repeated fast. 2% first swipe, 3% second swipe. Can easily trip because it can be chained easily.

Smashes

Forward Smash - Gatomon brings her claws down hard and fast on the opponent. If you press A again after the attack, Gatomon will bring her right claw back and hit it hard against the opponent. 7%-10% first attack with great speed and average knockback. 6%-9% second attack with a little less speed but great knockback.

Down Smash - Gatomon swings her claws down to her right side and swipes and then swoops her claws under her to do the same on the left side Does 4%-5% regularly with average knockback and the opponent flies upwards. If the opponent hits the sweetspot, which is on the end of her claws, then the opponent gets 11%-13% and flies diagonally with great knockback.

Up Smash - Gatomon takes her claws and swipes upwards in the air, clapping them together. This attack does about 5%-6% and has good knockback upward.

Air Attacks

Nair - Gatomon flips in the air, the hitbox is her feet as she is flipping. 3%-4% damage and low knockback.

Fair - Swipes extremely fast, dealing 8 hits over two seconds, swiping claws forward. 1% each hit with a 8% finisher with average knockback.

Dair - Decreases her falling time a bit by rising up a little and then punching downward. This attack is a meteor smash. 4%-5% with great knockback.

Uair - Flips while her tail ring on her tail hits the opponent. 4%-5%, almost no knockback whatsoever.

Bair - Very strong killing move. Gatomon takes her claw, builds up her attack and then quickly releases her claws behind her. 8%-10% damage with great knockback.

Grabs

Grab - Grabs forward with her paw. Average range

Pummel - Smacks the opponent across the face with her paw. 1%-2% each hit.

Fthrow - Pushes her feet onto the opponent, brings them forward and then pushes her feet off of them, giving them about 2%-3% but great knockback.

Bthrow - Releases the opponent into the air behind them for a brief second (still in hitstun) and then lashes out with her claws very fast. 7%-9% with average knockback.

Uthrow - Sticks her hand into the air and then puts her opponent on it, then she spins her claws rapidly, dealing 5 hits, the first 4 doing 2%-3% and then the finisher doing 4% and having average knockback.

Dthrow - Throws down the opponent at the ground. Can be used for a chaingrab. 4%-5% with almost no knockback. Has very good recovery time.

Final Smash: Warp Digivolve (Magnadramon)

Overview
Gatomon is infused with energy, so she uses it to warp digivolve and bypass her Ultimate stage so she can make a jump from Champion level to Mega Level. She digivolves to...MAGNADRAMON.

Stats
Magnadramon is flying the entire time in the air in a vertical position. You can control her movement along with two attacks. She is extremely fast, yet slower than Super Sonic. Her turns are smooth and quick as well.

Strategy
Magnadramon can last as long as the entire match if you wish. But if you keep her out for long, she will become weaker. For the first 10 seconds, Magnadramon is fast, invincible and very powerful. Then after this time, she automatically gains 40% damage every 3 seconds and loses invincibility because the excess energy that Gatomon used to warp digivolve is now gone, and she is draining on her own power. Magnadramon also becomes gradually slower and less powerful past this time. Skilled players may be able to drag out Magnadramon's final smash for about 10 seconds but it gets very hard and Magnadramon gets easy to kill. The strategy is to stop it whenever you think is right (usually after the first 10 seconds)

Attacks
Magnadramon has two button attacks and one effect attack she can use during the final smash.

Fire Tornado (A button) - The A button controls "Fire Tornado". Magnadramon shoots a wide spiraling flame out of her mouth that does about 10%-15% in the first 10 seconds. Then, as her energy lowers, every 5 seconds, the attack power of Fire Tornado is decreased by 4% and the width of her flame shrinks and soon looks like only a spark. After 15 seconds, the attack only does 3%.

Dragon Fire (B button) - This attack can end the final smash at any time. This attack is an ending attack that attempts to finish off opponents. Magnadramon gathers in energy from around her, she glows and then, when in the first 10 seconds, she explodes the area around her in a white light that does 35%-40%, has enormous knockback and is about half the size of battlefield and when the light clears, it is Gatomon, back in Champion form! Every 5 seconds that you extend the Magnadramon final smash, the attack weakens by 10%, the knockback decreases and the range shrinks as well. After 15 seconds, the attack stays at 15%, has average knockback and has about the range of Zero Suit Samus' final smash.

Collide (Hit with body) - This is similar to Sonic and Yoshi's final smashes whereas if you hit someone while you are flying, they will take damage. During the first 10 seconds, colliding with the opponent causes 5% and has average knockback. Every 5 seconds the final smash is delayed, the colliding will do 2% less damage, until 15 seconds, at which it stays at 2%.

NOTE: Gatomon is finished. This is not the most descriptive moveset, but it's done.
BTW: Gatomon for MYM 4.0
-Tornadith

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
How does one design mindgames into a character? I dunno, but I'm putting in my take on it in a bit here.
I made a moveset in 3.0 that had a move that a giant black globe spawned onto the stage that hid the character, but had the enemy outlined in red.

EDIT: If you want to see it, go to my LUS and click on Drizzt Do'Urden.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
RUNDAS

Master of cryokinesis, Rundas of Phrygis has joined the brawl!

How to unlock: Play 700 Brawls, defeat 100 alloys in Endless Brawl in under two minutes as (Zero Suit) Samus, or get Rundas to join your party in the Subspace Emissary.

With the exception of the last of the three methods listed above, you’ll need to face Rundas in a brawl and beat him after satisfying the above conditions to unlock him.

Stats:

Size: 8/10 Rundas is one of the larger characters of the cast, about a head taller but not nearly as wide as Bowser. Apart from the obvious strength such a big character possesses, Rundas has one of the bigger hit boxes in the game.
Weight: 9/10 Rundas is not only big, he has a lot of weight to back his size up, weighing somewhere between DDD and Snake.
Walking Speed: 1/10 A casual walk. Naturally, it's incredibly slow.
Running Speed: 4/10 Rundas isn't much faster than, say, Ganondorf so he won't be winning many footraces. But given his excellent hover, there isn't much reason to run.
Traction: 2/10, 10/10 Rundas can not do a 180° without stopping. Attempting to do so will 3/4 of the time cause him to trip, so dashdancing won't be available. This doesn’t apply during his hover, where he turns on a dime. Doing so, however, drastically reduces his normal hovering speed to that of his running speed for ~2 seconds.
Power: 8/10 Rundas packs a punch no matter where it comes from. He has no shortage of KO moves, the only thing he lacks is an attack that consistently racks up damage.
Attack Speed: 4.5/10 His specials come out moderately fast, but most of his attacks carry a bit of lag, which is either negligible or game-changing depending on the attack.
Range: 8/10 The farthest distance Rundas' attacks can reach without moving is approximately the same as two Marios.
Priority: 8.5/10 Most of Rundas' attacks, especially his smashes, have enough priority to overtake a decent number of the cast.
Recovery: 9.5/10 Rundas has two average jumps, and no third recovery move, but his excellent hover is what makes his recovery so good.
Fall Speed: 9/10 Rundas wishes he was as floaty as Meta Knight, but he falls like a brick.
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Hover: Yes. This is perhaps Rundas' most unique technique and may be a selling point for many. Any time during either his first or second jump, hold down the jump button-right under his feet Rundas spawns an ice platform just big enough for him and begins sliding to the left or right, depending on where Rundas was originally facing. Rundas slides roughly twice as fast as Peach's hover. The platform takes about .5 seconds to spawn, and Rundas doesn't fall during that time, nor will he flinch from attacks (he still takes damage though, similar to Ike's Aether.) As Rundas is sliding, he can move anywhere the control stick can point. The ice platform doesn't disappear behind him-rather, it remains until the hover is finished. It's possible for anyone to get on the ice, but the traction is identical to the traction of the ice on The Summit, except Ice Climbers aren’t immune here like they are on that awful stage. While sliding Rundas is unable to attack, but he can be attacked himself, and any attack that does more than 20% ends the hover. Rundas can also end this maneuver prematurely by jumping, although now he's limited to aerials until he lands. When not interrupted, Rundas can slide on the ice path for about 8 seconds.

(If that made no sense at at all, you can see what I was trying to explain here-here Rundas does this ice move several times throughout the video, the first instance at :16.)
Gliding: No, unless the hover description sounds more like a glide.

Animations:

Stance-Rundas stands normally, occasionally looking around.
Idle Stance-Rundas crosses his arms and snickers to himself.
Walk-A normal walk. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
Run-Rundas takes big steps in between, kicking up little piles of dust as he runs along. Like a normal run, his arms and legs are parallel to each other.
Shield-At the snap of his fingers an ice cube surrounds Rundas, serving as a shield. The cube is fit for Rundas, so it's quite big compared to the normal shield, but its properties are no different from a regular shield.
Broken Shield/Dizzy-Rundas takes a knee and rests his forehead area on his claws, breathing heavy, trying to regain composure.
Sleep-Rundas falls backwards and lies sleeping on his back until either he wakes up or the source of sleep goes away.
Spot Dodge-Rundas steps away from the screen to avoid the attack.
Air Dodge-Rundas does his best Superman imitation and stretches his claws out far in front of him.
Roll-Rundas drops, does a roll to the left or right and hops up to his feet.
Crouch-Rundas takes a knee and lowers his head. In this position Rundas can avoid shots the same height/size as Fox or Falco's blaster, but still gets hit by projectiles akin to Luigi's fireballs.
Trip-The sound that plays whenever someone trips is heard as Rundas faceplants into the ground, lying there only to jump back up a second later in shame.
Jump 1-Rundas propels himself in the air, raising his arms slightly, about as high as Ganondorf's jump. A "Huh!" can be heard as the jump begins.
Jump 2-Rundas does a quick spin as he propels himself further in the air, this second jump identical to the first in distance. A "Ha!" can be heard as the jump begins.
Hover-Rundas faces either left or right, looking straight ahead. His knees are slightly bent and his arms are positioned pointing outwards, elbows 45°from his body.
Entrance-Rundas slides in on a sheet of ice and jumps off as the countdown starts, the ice dispersing behind him.

Taunts:

Side Taunt-Rundas lowers his head, waits .5 seconds and suddenly does a backflip, landing right where he started.
Up Taunt-3 little balls of ice appear in Rundas' claws and he starts juggling. This is his longest taunt, lasting roughly five seconds.
Down Taunt-Rundas assumes the Crane Kick stance and holds it for three seconds. It truly is an impressive sight.

Alternate Colors:

Red: Rundas' entire body is red, except for his face and claws which are unchanged.
Blue: Rundas' entire body is blue, except for his face and claws which are unchanged.
Green: Rundas' entire body is green, except for his face and claws which are unchanged.
Black: Rundas' entire body is black, except for his face and claws which are pure white.
White: A reversal of Rundas' original coloring; his claws and face are dark gray with random streaks of sky blue, while the rest of his body is the color of ice.

The Basics:

Note: Some attacks that involve Rundas' claws have similar effects as a Freezie–you know how when a Freezie is thrown at someone, they shoot upward and are frozen for a couple seconds? Well some of Rundas' attacks do just that. However, the duration isn't nearly as long–as soon as the frozen characters reach the zenith of the jump, they immediately defrost. Attacks that cause this have what I call the 'Freezie Effect.'

A/AA/AAA–Phrygisian Self Defense: The first A is a simple jab with Rundas' right claw. When A is pressed again, Rundas takes another jab, this time with his left claw. Pressing A three times in a row causes Rundas to smash the enemy with his elbow. These attacks do about 2%, 3% and 6%, respectively, and each have absolutely no KO potential. This is simply (and sadly) one of Rundas' best way of racking up damage.

Dash attack–Cold Sweep: Rundas swipes at any nearby enemies with his right claw in a sweeping motion from left to right, doing about 9% and KOs at 190%. This attack has the Freezie Effect.

Ftilt–Frosty Pinch: Rundas faces the screen and leans to his left as his claws form a pincer-his right claw arches over his body while his left claw curves underneath his body and the enemy is caught in between. (If Rundas is facing left instead of right, then he turns away from the screen and everything that was left is now right, and vice versa.) This attack comes out quick and can catch the opponent by surprise, but there's 1.5 seconds of ending lag that one should watch out for. For a tilt, this attack has considerable knockback and is one of Rundas' most important attacks. Anyone caught in the pincer takes 15-17%. KOs at 95-100%. This attack has the Freezie Effect.

Dtilt–Brrrreath-Taking Breakdance: Rundas does a handstand and instantaneously drops to his head and stretches his claws out to his sides. In this position Rundas looks like an upside-down T. Anyone who comes in contact with Rundas' claws takes 14%. Effective at clearing crowds when you need some room to breathe, however take care of the second of ending lag as Rundas gets back upright. Most efficient when your opponents are closer, so they take the full blunt of the attack. KOs at 110%.

Utilt–Slick Scythe: Rundas stabs his left/right claw-according to whichever way Rundas is facing-in the air above him. Executed similarly to the usmashes of Marth and Roy, but the similarities end at appearance. By holding the button input Rundas can hold his claw in the air indefinitely; while Rundas is open to attack, this can serve as a dangerous obstacle if well placed. The initial strike does 14-15%, and after holding the attack over two seconds contact with the claw does 11-12%. The initial strike KOs at 105%, while the lingering claw KOs at 230%. This attack (both stages) has the Freezie Effect.

Rising Attack–Icicle Top: Rundas spins on his back similar to Wario’s dsmash, eventually rising to his feet. Anyone who comes in contact takes 4% damage. With three seconds of ending lag, this is Rundas’ laggiest attack and should rarely be used for, well, anything. Rundas gets to his feet much faster via a roll, essentially making this the most useless move in his move set. Impossible to KO with.

Ledge attack (under 100%)–Stylish Return: Rundas flips his feet around his body and lands them on the stage so that his head is now at the edge and the rest of his body is on solid land. Rundas then immediately jumps to his feet. On flat stages, this is essentially a 270° turn. Anyone who comes in contact with his feet takes 2-3%. Impossible to KO with.

Ledge attack (over 100%)– Desperate Return: Rundas pulls himself up so that his torso is now sitting above the stage, and swings his legs around to the stage and places them firmly on the ground, now standing upright, facing away from the stage. This does about 3% and has the nasty effect of tripping anyone unlucky enough to be in range of Rundas' legs. Impossible to KO with, but a KO will be easy to come by if you can react before your tripped opponent does.

Aerials:

Nair–Whirlwind of Ice: Rundas raises his arms to his sides in a familiar 'T' position and spins like a top. This only does about 6%, but this can be spammed several times allowing Rundas to easily rack up over 30%. This is one of his few moves that rack up damage, as it's impossible to KO with.

Fair–Horrible Pun Begone: Rundas crosses his claws above his head and brings them down on his opponent. This is a spike, albeit a weak one. Does about 13%. Because it's a spike, this is an excellent attack to use to KO someone who fell off the stage and would normally have a chance at recovery. This attack has the Freezie Effect, however instead of shooting up upon being frozen the character shoots straight down, defrosting as soon as they hit land.

Bair–Reverse Polar Thrust: Rundas raises both of his feet so it looks like he's crouching in midair, and kicks backward. This attack has considerable knockback thanks to a large sweet spot and is another excellent KO move. However, it has a large amount of both starting and ending lag, so this move is rather situational and should be used with caution; preferably when no one can take advantage of the lag. Does 12-13% damage, or 20% damage when sweetspotted. KOs at 95%, and at lower percentages when sweetspotted.

Uair–Shivering Screw: Rundas points his claws upwards while keeping his arms at his sides and does a corkscrew. During this attack, Rundas actually gains a little bit of height, about half the distance Yoshi gain's during his Egg Throw in SSBB, so in an attempt to get back to the stage after a hard hit don’t forget this move, but don't depend on it to make the difference. This is a multi-hit attack with the spin lasting about four seconds, with one hit each second, each hit dealing about 4%. This is another effective damage dealer, however for larger characters it’s easy to DI out of. KOs at 280%.

Dair–Chilling Finish: A meteor smash. Depending on the way Rundas is facing, he tilts his body to the left or right and raises whichever claw is on the higher side. Rundas then stabs at the air below him. This does 13-14%. Like Rundas' fair this is useful in sending opponents to their grave, however it has one second of starting lag, so measuring the distance between Rundas and the opponent to anticipate when to use this move is vital. This attack has the Freezie Effect, and like Rundas' fair the opponent is frozen on contact with this attack and shoots towards land, defrosting on contact with the stage.

Smashes:

Fsmash–Crystal Crest: Rundas puffs out his chest and raises his arms above his head, then slams the ground in front of him, sending a burst of crystallites, ice particles, etc. up into the air from underneath the ground. The burst is somewhat shaped like a small pillar, about as wide as Sandbag. The height depends on the amount the attack is charged: not charged and the burst is a head shorter than Rundas, for every second charged the attack grows a head taller. Anyone hit by the burst is instantly shot upward, the trajectory and launch speed depends on their damage %. This has no starting or ending lag, although if Rundas is interrupted as he's charging the smash, his concentration is broken (the same effects as breaking a shield.) A completely uncharged Crystal Crest does 18-20%, while a fully charged attack does 29-32&.

This is Rundas’ main KO move, and easily his best way to end his opponents. No lag means Rundas can use this move on a stunned opponent and leave the scene before anyone else arrives with ease. Truthfully, the only downside to this move is the nasty stunned effect Rundas takes if he's interrupted. Because of that, charging this attack should only be done with one opponent left. At higher damage, a fully charged Crystal Crest is a near-guaranteed KO on anyone.

Usmash–Ice Missile: Rundas swings his claws upwards and fires two ice missiles into the air, one from each claw. Each missile is the same size and travels half as fast as Samus’ homing missiles, yet each missile has a dark blue hue. Each missile always travels north, exploding after five seconds if it fails to make contact with anything. An Ice Missile explodes on contact, and it doesn’t travel through anything, including platforms that characters can drop down through. The explosion has a blast radius as large as Electrode’s, and any enemy close enough takes 15-17% damage, regardless of how long the attack was charged. When fully charged, each missile does 23-25% damage, and a completely uncharged missile deals 13-15%. If a character/item manages to only come in contact with one missile, the resulting explosion will trigger an explosion from the other missile.

Ice Missle is essentially a delayed explosion. These have decent knockback, and one second of ending lag, so like most of Rundas’ moves this can leave him vulnerable if not used with care. Because each ice missile moves at an incredibly slow pace, it’s possible to launch an opponent into an explosion or trap them between both missiles. This move shouldn’t be used to directly KO too often; instead, Ice Missile may function better as a psuedo-mine that can finish off several combos with a bang.

Dsmash–Glacial Fist: No fancy gimmicks here. Rundas raises his arms above his head and brings them down on both sides of himself. This attack is very similar in execution to DK's dsmash, and covers roughly the same area. Completely uncharged, an opponent takes 19% damage when hit with Rundas' claws, and 16% damage when hit with his actual arm. A fully charged Glacial Fist deals 26-28% upon contact with the claws, and 22-24% whn Rundas hits an opponent with the larger portion of his arm. No ending lag, but roughly 1 second of starting lag. Claws deal twice as much knockback as the arms themselves.

A good alternative to Crystal Crest, this is Rundas' best technique for clearing a crowd. Knockback is horizontal, allowing for several potential combos, a personal favorite of mine would be to follow up on this attack with an Ice Missle, forcing the enemy to flee or suffer another potentially fatal attack.

Specials:

B–Frigid Slab: Rundas' claws glow a bright white as a block of ice appears in Rundas' hand. There's a few things Rundas can do with this; he can throw it at an opponent, in this situation the ice slab functions just like a Freezie. He can also throw one at the ground to temporarily freeze a portion of it. The length of the area of the stage that is frozen is equal to the length of a crate. This frozen part of the stage is slippery just like on the stage Summit or on Rundas' ice platform. Of course, Rundas is immune to the ice's effects. On the Summit and on the ice squares in custom stages, when thrown at the ground a Frigid Slab creates a block of ice equal in size to a crate. This new block can be attacked, but won't reduce in size or move, so attacking it is a waste of time. Any frozen part of a stage or a block of ice situated on top of more ice defrosts after Rundas loses a life, or after 90 seconds pass. Rundas can create up to 6 Frigid Slabs, but if he's already holding one the slabs spawn at Rundas' feet. Anyone can pick up these slabs of ice, but they can only throw them like Freezies and can't freeze the ground with them. Rundas has to wait 10 seconds after creating six Frigid Slabs to create more.

This is truly a unique move. If there is a downside, it's that your opponents can steal a Frigid Slab before you can use it, forcing you to wait 10 seconds for more. Simply spamming Frigid Slabs as Freezies is an excellent way to keep the enemy on the defensive. But the most efficient way to utilize this attack is to freeze crucial areas, such as the edge of a stage. A well-placed Frigid Slab can effectively limit your opponent to a single approach, and as Captain Falcon has proven to us, approaches can be game-changing important. This move takes a lot of practice. Not because it's difficult to use, but because there's so many possibilities that it takes a while before you find one that works the best.

Side B–Arctic Shot: Rundas brings his claws to his face as a glowing sphere of ice appears in each hand. Instantly a mass of ice is shot forward, about as far as twice a crate is wide. Anyone hit by the blast is instantly frozen. Being frozen is more similar to a pitfall than to a freezie. The character is encased in ice, immobile, and takes 1% damage for each second spent frozen. It's possible to escape by rapidly pressing the attack or the jump button; if no action is taken, the frozen character automatically escapes after 20 seconds. Frozen characters can also be shattered by attacks from other characters. The stronger the attack, the more likely the ice to shatter. Contact with a frozen character deals no damage. Anyone frozen in the air by this attack immediately defrosts after one second.

Arctic Shot has no starting or ending lag and comes out very fast. This is balanced by the negligible damage dealt by this attack, although it can build up if left unchecked. Sometimes it's more effective to use the time the character is stuck frozen to charge up a smash attack, and let loose right as they defrost. This can backfire if you end up charging too long and the now-defrosted opponent gets a hit in first. Other times you may want to leave the enemy be just so it stays out of the way while Rundas goes for a crucial item or takes care of other opponents.

Up B–Frozen Barrier: Rundas waves his arms in a circular motion, super-cooling the area around him. The difference in temperature is signified by snow falling inside the barrier from its maximum height, one of Rundas' stunts. The barrier is about twice Rundas' size in height and length. What this does is instantly freeze and render useless any projectile in or close to the barrier. Rundas is not invincible; physical attacks will still hurt him and disrupt the Frozen Barrier, however it's important to note that the fastest any character inside the barrier can move is 1/10th of their walking speed, thanks to the cold. But this change in speed is not instant, as someone like Sonic or Captain Falcon running straight at Rundas will be able to disrupt the attack without being hampered by the cold. Frozen Barrier does no damage, has two seconds of starting lag and no ending lag. It can be held indefinitely, as long as the correct button input is held.

This attack may seem utterly useless, and in some cases it will be. But it's incredibly useful at the edge, since the barrier is big enough that Rundas is out of range of most of the ledge attacks in the game, yet the character hanging on the edge still feels the effects. It also helps with mindgames; Rundas can pull up Frozen Barrier to lure the enemy over, only for them to be stopped cold (literally,) then release the barrier and attack before the opponent can react. This is another move that has its uses with practice.

Down B–Chill Pillar: Rundas slams the ground with his claws, sending a massive pillar of ice up from the ground behind him. The pillar is as tall as the distance from Battlefield's top platform to its main platform, and it lasts 6-7 seconds. Chill Pillar can only be used when there’s land on both Rundas' left and right. Because of this, it can't be used on or near the edge of a stage, or in the air. The land doesn't have to be flat for Chill Pillar to work. Anyone who touches the pillar takes steady amounts of damage, about 2%. It also freezes anyone on contact, just like a regular Freezie and not like the Freezie Effect on some of Rundas' attacks. Rundas doesn't take damage from the pillar, but he can't walk around it either and is forced to jump over it to get across it. Anyone caught on top of the pillar is immobilized until the pillar disperses, although they receive no damage. Only one pillar may be present on a stage at a time, and Rundas has to wait 15 seconds before creating another pillar.

This is useful in stalling your opponents to buy Rundas time to use Frigid Slab or collect items. The pillar is immune to damage and impossible to move, so its usefulness increases when your opponent's recovery isn't enough to get over it. On some stages it can be easily avoided, but on small stages it can effectively cut the stage in half. If possible, a Chill Pillar should always be on the stage just for the chance to do some damage to your opponents. Chill Pillar isn't good for racking up damage, and it's impossible to KO with, but when given some thought it can help change the game.

Grab and Attack:

Grab–Freezing Chain: A chain of ice extends from Rundas' claw, which he uses to grab the enemy. The chain is about as long as Samus' grapple beam, however when used in the air it's only as long as Lucas' snake. It can be used as a tether recovery (albeit a poor one.) As an attack–'zair'–it does 4%, and is impossible to KO with.

Grab Attack–Cool Chop: Rundas pulls his enemy towards him and chops at the poor soul with his free claw. This has roughly 1 second of starting lag and is rather slow for a grab attack, but each hit does 5%, so it's a worthy investment to get a couple hits in before letting the opponent go.

Fthrow–Crisp Toss: Rundas swings his chain–and the attached enemy–upwards and swings it around once like a lasso before chucking it as far as he can. This is Rundas' slowest throw, but also one of his strongest, dealing roughly 13-14%. It has considerable knockback, but 1.5 seconds of starting lag, so it's advisable not to use this throw when someone is close enough to disrupt the attack. The distance the chain stretches is equal to Rundas' height, and anyone hit by the chain takes 3% damage. This throw KOs at 115%.

Bthrow–Cold Goodbye: Rundas grabs his enemy by the neck and releases him/her from the chain, and proceeds to toss the poor soul behind him. This is one of Rundas' quicker throws, and out of all his throws this has the most knockback, but it only deals 9-10% damage. This is also Rundas' only throw with no starting or ending lag, so feel free to use this throw to get one opponent out of the way before resuming the fight. KOs at 100%.

Uthrow–Frostbitten Bombardment: Rundas tosses his enemy up, and as they float in the air helpless he sheathes his chain and blasts them rapidly with ice balls; six, to be exact. Each ball does 2% damage, for a total of 12% damage total. This is good for racking up damage, but it has two seconds of starting lag AND Rundas is vulnerable as he shoots ice balls at his opponent, so this throws usefulness is somewhat limited to 1vs1. It should never be out ruled, though. KOs at 150%. The last ball has the Freezie Effect.

Dthrow–Stinging Slapdown: Rundas beats his chain against the ground twice, each time his opponent taking the attack in full. After two hits the enemy is freed. This is Rundas' quickest and strongest throw. The enemy takes 7-8% from each whip of the chain for a total of 14-16% possible damage. This is offest, however, by the throw having no knockback. One second of ending lag prevents Rundas from accomplishing a chaingrab, unless of course the opponenet is too slow to react. Most useful in 1vs1, where only one person can take advantage of the ending lag, yet that person is the one who was just attacked. KOs at 220%.

FINAL SMASH: Hypermode

Grabbing the Smash Ball causes Rundas to wear his PED suit. This has no effect on the battle until the Final Smash is activated. The camera zooms in as Rundas presses a button on his chest, causing his whole body to pulse with Phazon. Rundas is now surrounded by a curious blue aura that appears to be controlling his actions. Rundas begins laughing manically as the camera zooms back out, the stage now the same color as Phazon. Now Rundas is invulnerable to all types of attack, and he can slide on his ice path indefinitely. All his attacks do 20% more damage and knockback is tripled. Shields break with one hit, and Rundas’ traction is inhumanely perfect. Every damage dealing move has an enormous KO potential now. Throughout the duration of Hypermode, the laughter of Rundas can be heard. After 10 seconds, Hypermode ends. The blue aura around Rundas disappears and the stage returns to its normal color.

Now, this would be horribly broken if not for one crucial detail: for every second that passes in Hypermode, Rundas takes 50% damage due to the Phazon corrupting his body. After 10 seconds of Hypermode, Rundas will have taken 500% damage in addition to any damage he had previous to the final smash. The idea is "Kill or be killed." As Rundas, if you are not able to KO all your opponents, death is almost certain. Luckily, Rundas' unlimited hover allows him to chase down most opponents easily, and if you're able to connect enough attacks, even the heaviest opponents can't hope to survive. Keep in mind that ten seconds isn’t always enough time.

If you're not Rundas, then run. And dodge. Shields are useless as they will break in one hit and ensure death, so abuse spot dodges and rolls to hell and back. This is much easier to avoid in all out brawls rather 1v1, because of there being more than one target for Rundas to exterminate. Spamming moves with super armor or repeatedly grabbing the closest ledge are both good ways to waste time.

Rundas in the PED suit.

Results Screen:

Win 1–Rundas does a backflip and states as he resumes his position: "Justice prevails, just as it was destined to."

Win 2–Rundas shoots two blasts of ice at the screen, then puts his left claw to his forehead and begins laughing hysterically.

Win 3–Rundas creates two balls of ice in his claws and throws them both in the air, only to slice through them as they come down. He leaves his right claw in the air, as if he just fist–pumped in the air.

Loss–Rundas is a sore loser. He crosses his arms and looks away, tapping his right foot, refusing to congratulate whoever bested him in combat.

Victory Theme/Icon–Identical to Samus’ victory theme/icon.

Kirby Hat–Kirby dons a cap identical to Rundas' head, which covers Kirby's entire face. Kirby also gets Rundas' B special, Frigid Slab, with some differences–Kirby can only create up to 3 slabs, and while he can create the same slippery ground Rundas can, Kirby is not immune to its effects. When Kirby throws a Frigid Slab at an opponent, they don't react like they would to a regular Freezie and instead react like they would to one of Rundas' attacks with the Freezie Effect.

Snake Codec Conversation:

PUSH SELECT

Snake: Otacon, I think Marvel has finally come to life!
Otacon: That's just Rundas, Snake. He's from the planet Phrygis, where the inhabitants have the ability to manipulate ice. You won't find a more skilled cryokinetic anywhere.
Snake: So it's not Iceman, then?
Otacon: Not quite. But I guess you could call him something of a superhero; Rundas uses his ability to work as a bounty hunter, so he believes in the 'justice always prevails' philosophy, and has no sympathy for the corrupt.
Snake: Aw...I wanted his autograph...
Otacon: Yea, uh, I don't think he'd let you. Rundas is more arrogant, cockier, and prouder than you can imagine. If he finds you inferior, he might want to keep a frozen trophy of you just like all his assigned targets.
Snake: Is that so? Well he won’t find me an easy target.
Otacon: I hope so, Snake. Stay on guard, and when it gets cold, get out.

-End Transmission-

Role in SSE:

Rundas is not seen until the end of the second Research Facility level. As Samus and Pikachu leave the facility after defeating Ridley, they see the old ruins and the entrance to the Subspace Bomb Factory. Standing atop the entrance is Rundas, his name banner flashes on the screen. As Samus and Pikachu approach the entrance, Rundas flies away on a path of ice. Samus stops, thinking she heard something. Pikachu beckons to her and Samus dismisses it, and the two enter the factory.

After the first Subspace Bomb Factory level, but before the second, a cutscene shows Rundas and Ganondorf speaking. Ganondorf points at the screen he uses to converse with Bowser and Master Hand throughout the SSE–a picture of R.O.B. is shown. Rundas shakes his head, and Ganondorf sighs. The picture then changes to Ridley. Ganondorf beckons to the door behind Rundas, who nods as he turns and walks out. Ganondorf looks back to his picture and presses a button. The screen switches to Master Hand, floating in subspace. He points at Ganondorf, who bows.

The scene then switches to Rundas, who walks down a path identical to those seen in the Research Facility (whether or not Ganondorf's HQ is the Research Facility is never revealed.) The camera pans behind Rundas while a door opens in front of him, who walks inside to come face to face with a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

Rundas is next seen right before the Meta Ridley fight. As the Falcon Flyer flies off through the tube and Meta Ridley appears from below, Rundas is on Meta Ridley's shoulder. Rundas points at the ship and Meta Ridley chases after it. When Rundas sees Samus, Pikachu, Donkey and Diddy Kong, Olimar and R.O.B. emerge from the ship to confront the pair, he jumps off Meta Ridley and flies under the ship via his ice platform, realizing the chance that Meta Ridley will defeat them all is very slim, and decides to wait until Meta Ridley at least weakens them enough so that Rundas can capture his target with ease. Meta Ridley is fought as normal, but Rundas can be seen sliding under the Falcon Flyer.

After Meta Ridley is defeated, and the Isle of the Ancients is enveloped in subspace, the six fighters atop the Falcon Flyer rejoice. Suddenly Rundas lands on the ship and points a claw at R.O.B. Samus is surprised at his appearance while the other characters stare at him, confused but still angry, ready to fight. Rundas fires a blast of ice at R.O.B., but at the last second Samus pushes R.O.B. away and is hit by the blast. Her frozen body falls to ground. Rundas slides over to Samus, picks her up and escapes on ice before the other characters can react. R.O.B. eyes the fleeing Rundas with animosity.

Rundas next appears as Bowser and Ganondorf pull the Subspace Gunship out of subspace. As the Halberd is destroyed, Rundas flies up on his ice path and drops the frozen Samus in front of Ganondorf. Ganondorf is about to ask where R.O.B. is when Rundas points at the Falcon Flyer as it emerges from the Halberd, signaling R.O.B.'s location. Ganondorf laughs and aims the gunship at the Falcon Flyer, however at that time Kirby on the Dragoon cuts through the gunship, destroying it. Ganondorf is enraged and kicks the frozen Samus away, which Kirby catches. Rundas jumps off the ship and follows Kirby on his ice platform while Bowser and Ganondorf retreat to Subspace as usual, and the ships follow.

Tabuu's off-waves turn everyone in subspace but the 3 in DDDs castle, Kirby and Rundas into trophies. After the level where Luigi, Ness and DDD go through subspace, a new cut scene is shown. Kirby is seen flying through subspace on the Dragoon, frozen Samus in hand. Rundas fires a blast of ice at Kirby, freezing the Dragoon and forcing Kirby to crash land. Rundas follows him and the two begin fighting. To gain the upper hand, Kirby shatters the ice around Samus with his hammer. However this leaves Kirby open and Rundas blasts him with ice, freezing Kirby. Rundas is about to finish him off when Samus stops him. She points at the Great Maze (which is visible from everywhere inside this subspace bubble,) reminding him that they now have a common enemy.

A flashback shows Ganondorf hiring Rundas to capture the Ancient Minister once they had amassed enough bombs to wrap the Minister’s homeland in subspace, fearing that the Minister would eventually refuse to help Ganondorf and start a rebellion (which is almost what happened.) Rundas realizes his employer was turned into a trophy, unfreezes Kirby. The 3 then set out to free the rest of the cast. The level in subspace where originally only Kirby was playable is now played by Rundas, Kirby and Samus. During the cutscene where DDD hugs Kirby and drags him off, Rundas and Samus look on in confusion.

Rundas steps forward when suddenly R.O.B. tackles him to the side. Rundas kicks him off and the two eye each other. Samus attempts to calm R.O.B, who dismisses her. The player is given a choice between Rundas and R.O.B, and a one-stock brawl ensues. If Rundas wins, the trophified R.O.B. falls to the ground. Rundas slides away on ice, as Samus revives R.O.B. and the two ascend the staircase to the Great Maze. If R.O.B. wins, R.O.B. stares at the trophified Rundas in triumph before ascending to the Great Maze. Samus revives Rundas, who looks away in shame and chases after R.O.B. on a sheet of ice. Samus sighs and runs up the staircase to keep the two from further acts of violence. Rundas is available for the Great Maze and partakes in the battle against Tabuu with everyone else.

Trophies:

Rundas: Born of the planet Phrygis, Rundas has the ability to manipulate ice any way he chooses too, and he puts this ability to good use as a bounty hunter. He chose to become a bounty hunter not for the money, or to serve justice, but for his enjoyment. He enjoys hunting so much that he keeps trophies of all his assigned targets. Because his skills with ice are superior to those of the all the other hunters in the field, Rundas has become rather arrogant and believes he has no equal.
(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)

Hypermode: When the Galactic Federation bestowed a PED suit upon Rundas, they never imagined how much destruction he would cause! As long as Rundas is in Hypermode, he is best described as a beast. By channeling Phazon throughout his body, he is able to combine it with his ice attacks to produce deadly results-his firepower nearly triples, and his enemies tend to go flying! No one can hope to damage Rundas in Hypermode, much less survive. However, such tremendous power comes at a cost. For every second Rundas stays in Hypermode, the Phazon slowly corrupts his body. Rundas must exit Hypermode before he fully succumbs to the Phazon and loses all control. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Theme of Rundas Unlocked along with Rundas. Plays on Frigate Orpheon.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Does Rundas not have a recovery move? Cause most characters need one. 'Cept Junahu's megaman

Also, bad puns ftl.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@pensfan728

I have absolutely no idea what an LUS is.

On the other hand, that move is pretty cool.

The thing about Tonberry is that he's supposed to look very unimposing (and unflashy, I'm afriad) right up until he Doinks you. Then you die.

But I'll keep those sorts of effects in mind.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
LUS=link-up space. The big link in my sig.

Also, re-reading Rundas, a lot of his damage %s seem too high, especially the tilts.

EDIT: @tornadith: two words. Master. Warlord.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Guess who's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! :bee:

And I completed my first review as well.

I should be frequenting this place more often, now that I have UNLIMITED INTERNET ACCESS!!! Mwahahahaha!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
pensfan728 said:
Kibble, you came back to a very boring place but i guess it's because it's almost 3 in the morning.
What you said.

That OP is awfully bare-bones, Kibble...

@Peli: Just make sure Tonberry can't run. Or crawl. Or,,,you know, this is ridiculous. I can't imagine having to convert the thing to Smash Bros.. You have my sincerest good will on this--if you can make it work and keep it true to character, you shall be dubbed as a deity.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kibble, you came back to a very boring place but i guess it's because it's almost 3 in the morning.
Where you live!!

It's only quarter-to-one where I stand/lay lazily on my bed.

I have enough to look back through anyway, so maybe it's good to find this place boring at the moment.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Jeez, there's always so much to catch up on.

Rundas = lols
I have something of weak spot for bad puns. You gain cool points in my book.

I have similar feelings about both Mega Man 9 and the Joker.
The first and most obvious feeling is how amazingly epic they are. I can't believe the amount of detail included in not only describing them, but actual game application as well.
The second is how fitting to character they are. Perfect.
The last is that they both feel completely out of place. Joker less so, but they both just feel wrong for Smash Brothers.
This isn't to degrade the quality of the movesets. Like I said, they are amazing, but neither of them particularly strikes me as "Wow, I wish that was actually in the game".

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I love the Rundas theme ;D. Lots of detail, but you're missing moves, so good luck with it.

I finally read the Bill moveset, and it's pretty good. Plasma Cannon sounds even more evil then Falco's laser. Also, horray for the generic somersault kicks ;D. Nothing wrong with thaaaaat.
Now, how to give Marina more booster-related attacks without giving more range :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom