• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Picksburgh! Go steelers! However, this means i should get to sleep so i don't fall asleep during my date tomorrowtoday. Yes i said date. So nobody do anything awesome while i'm seeing twilight with a girl!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Good to finally have ya back Kibble, maybe now the reviews won't pile up so much.

How exactly does the Joker feel out of place, Unsaxon? Is he too violent? That's not so much the fault of my moveset for him as the character itself. How could you NOT have those Dark Knight moments in there? I toned it down to be family friendly for the most part outside of the grab attack, but even that that's just psychological, not real violence.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Oh no, not his violent nature. That was definitely included as part of my praise for staying true to the character.

I guess, if I had to pin it down, the part that feels out of place is too MUCH content. I suppose I shouldn't expect less coming from you, but in particular it seems like a lot of his moves (as awesome as they are) would just take too long to be properly incorporated. What the Joker does for his moves seems perfectly legit for a Smash game. It's more in how he does them that kind of turns me off. This is most noticeable in the Grab speeches, but pretty much any time a move requires the Joker to say a line first feels like the opponent should be able to waltz right up and interrupt him. He just doesn't seem very playable in an actual gameplay setting.

Again, I'm not saying what you did is bad. Far from it. I loved Dark Knight, I love the Joker, and I think your moveset does perfect justice to the character himself.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What you said.

That OP is awfully bare-bones, Kibble...
Yeah, yeah, I did a little color work on it. It's at least easier to navigate now.

Picksburgh! Go steelers! However, this means i should get to sleep so i don't fall asleep during my date tomorrowtoday. Yes i said date. So nobody do anything awesome while i'm seeing twilight with a girl!
You... You go on DATES?!

PENSFAN defeated wild INTERNET STEREOTYPE
PENSFAN gained 9001 EXP POINTS
PENSFAN grew to level AWESOME
KIBBLE is no longer the only MYM user at level AWESOME

I thought I was the only one. :bee:

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
You... You go on DATES?!

Yes yes hold your applause. The only bad part is we have to see twilight, although if i'm lucky i won't see too much. ;)
Pokemon games had the best after-battle dialogue, cause everyone's name was in caps. And now i need sleep... *coma*

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Chunky Kong

New Character Approaching: Chunky Kong

Background:
From the DK crew in DK 64. He's the last member of the DK crew. He is referred to in the song as the cowardly but strong kong.
Originally Written by Kongo Jungle Rap
Fi-nal-ly, he's here for you!
It's the LAST member of the D. K. crew!
This Kong's...so strong, it isn't funny!
Can make a Kremling cry out for Mummy!
[Break: 2 Measures]
He can pick up a boulder with relative ease
Makes crushing rocks seem such a breeze
He may move slow; he can't jump high
But this Kong's one heck of a guy! Hehehe...
Tier Rank
Mid Tier
(controversial)

Ratings/stats: (move ratings are out of 5 stars, located near the move)

Power: 9.5/10
Weight: 10/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Dash speed: 4/10
Fall Speed: 7/10 (moderately fast)
Size: Size of Dedede, taller, not as wide
Jumping: 4/10
Crouch: 2/10
Traction: 8/10 (sharp turns)
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: Yes
Crawl: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

Offense:

A: **
Simple jab, looks like a slap, fast AA: Jab, elbow AAA: jab, elbow, headbutt

Dash attack: **
Slide like Mario, whole leg area hitbox

Up-tilt: ****
Semi lock up to 50%, quick small jump, looks like he's hitting with his shoulders.

F-tilt: **
Long swing of arm, one character length.

D-tilt: ***
Stomp of his foot, good edge guarding tech

U-smash: ***
Huge up punch, vertical knockback

F-smash: ***
Full body swing with arms, can be continued for one more swing, like Link.

D-smash: ***
A small jump leading to a body slam, both sides of him, good knockback, good range.

Aerial

Neutral Air: ****
Extend legs, quick to come out but slow recovery. Can sweet spot at high % for a good KO, better for spacing

Forward Air: **
Slow aerial, headbutts in front of him, small range, low damage

Back Air: **
Like nair but extends body like Luigi, slower to come out, less affective

Up Air: ***
Mid-air clap, very slow, little range, sweet spot hitbox, tip of hands

Down Air: **
Kind of tumbles forward in the air, no spike, low knockback

Grabs/Throws:

Grab Damage per Second= 6 dps

Up throw: **
jump, hit with shoulders and opponent flies up.

Forward Throw: **
Grip with both hands and pushes forward

Back Throw: ****
180 degree spin, held by the feet. Large knockback, KO at low % 112!!! At <30% low knockback like Ness

Down Throw: *****
Holds character down, the body slams like Link. Character flies slightly up, great up tilt semi chain grab combo starter. Best damage of his throws: 16%

Specials:

Normal B: ***
Pineapple Launcher: fires a pineapple slightly faster then Mario's fireballs, it stays close to the ground and causes 8%. Can misfire and be fast and EXPLOSIVE (18%)

Side B: ***
Primate Punch: Very Slow but powerful move 19% large knockback

Up B: Big Burp: ***
like wario waft, same movement as Dedede's super jump, vertical recovery that can be cancelled, damage on landing

Down B: Chunky Charge: ****
grabs the character above his head after slamming forward, can be a suicide, or throw on the ground just like his down throw.

Final Smash: ****
Hunky Chunky: turns bigger in size (not as big as giga bowser). Invulnerable at the time, he stomps the ground and knocks into the air, in the mean time, pineapples appear like Dedede's army and cause damage to people, and try to knock off the side. (Chunky cannot move during the final smash)

Defense:
Roll: 7/10
Covers about as much ground as Link does

Airdodge:
He curls into ball

Spotdodge:
Leans back and puts his hands on the ground

Miscellaneous:

DK logo

Stage entrance: a boulder crashes and he rises from the dust

Kirby's ability: Kirby gains the cute denim vest that chunky wears, Kirby pulls out the pineapple launcher too!

Taunts:
Up: Clamps his hands and shakes them
Side: Looks ashamed for KOing opponent
Down: Pulls out a pineapple and smashes it with his foot

Alternate Colors:
Green Vest, Yellow hat
Blue, red hat
Red vest, pink hat
Purple vest, black hat
Light blue Hawaiian style vest w/ pineapple embroidered in to it, straw hat

Victory Pose:
1. Clamps hands and cheers for other contenders
2. Fires off two pineapple rounds and smiles
3. Looks both ways and scurries into his barrel, peeking out

Loss pose:
Huge happy ape clapping for the winner

Wiimote sound: deep long growl, sounding kind of nervous

Snake Codec:

Snake: Colonel! He's huge, how can I defeat, him
Colonel: It's nothing Snake, it just Chunky Kong, he's a coward
Snake: Are you kidding, he smashes through walls! He's armed and ready to fight.
Colonel: You are a trained soldier and your scared of an ape, he wouldn't harm a fly.
Snake: I'm not a fly Colonel, do you know if he'll harm me?! Colonel, get me outta here!
Colonel: Not possible Snake, too late, be brave. Oh yeah... Don't get too close to him...
Snake: What's that supposed to mean?!? Colonel help! Colonel!!!

Overall as you can tell Chunky Kong is a moveset mix of Dedede and DK, this makes him a big target but a force to be reckoned with. I added little easter egg moves from other characters, like misfiring from Luigi, and similarities to Link.
I wanted to add a more fun character to Brawl that would not be a real contender but as a cool secondary, and a fun match-up. Chunky Kong has been neglected in countless games since his debut; this would be his late great comeback to the gaming scene.
I hope you like Chunky because I worked very hard on him!

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Not a bad start kig, but some details you should try to add in, like how much damage, when it kills, and lag times.

Edit: I made a lot of changes to Marina's moveset. Changed Forward Smash, Down Air, Forward Air, Misc Actions, Down Special, Side Tilt, Up Air, more things like win poses and etc.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lol Rundas totally stole my thunder. Haha. I haven't even gotten a single comment. Just kidding. Great moveset.
That's because yours... *looks left, then right, then whispers* suuuuucks...

Kekekeke. Just kidding. It's great for what you've done, but it's just stats and Specials, you need to fill up all the other attacks (Smashes, Tilts, Aerials, Throws) to make it a complete and recognized moveset.

Rundas is complete and well done, while yours is just partial. Fill out everything else, and you'll be recognized. M'kay?

Also, I've read completely through Nack now... if I'm done with what my boss ordered me to do (counting books. Ugh...), I'll write the review. Yay, I guess.

D

Deleted member

^^Same here. Rundas is my favorite Metroid character, even more than Samus and--Dare I say it?--Ridley. :O

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
^^Same here. Rundas is my favorite Metroid character, even more than Samus and--Dare I say it?--Ridley. :O
Blasphemy. Samus and Ridley are the only reasons to enjoy the Metroid saga. Everything else is just gravy. Delicious delicious gravy.
You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

D

Deleted member

@UnSaxon: I wouldn't know, Corruption is the only Metroid game I have.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yeah, yeah, I did a little color work on it. It's at least easier to navigate now.

You... You go on DATES?!

Only one? Please.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
NACK / FANG HAS BEEN REVIEWED!

That is all.

Next up will be Marina, and then Maria (fufufufu, two Mari-s), without their creators requesting that. I'm so bad. Hurr.

Also: Note that even if we aren't even into the contest for a WEEK, we already have nearly 100 pages. zOMG.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Gatomon=:bee:

Seriously. I freaking LOVE Digimon.

EDIT: AWESOMENESS, right here.
Thanks to a certain exsphere...*cough* *cough*

Junahu

Smash Ace
*Cough* Sorry. I have a mountless exphere and got a critical dose of tuberculosis.
Lucky you. I've got a cruxis crystal embedded in my neck. If I don't find 4 random and completely out of the way rare items in a week, I'm going to turn into a crystal.

And I tell you, being able to cast holy judgment is not worth becoming entirely inanimate

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Lucky you. I've got a cruxis crystal embedded in my neck. If I don't find 4 random and completely out of the way rare items in a week, I'm going to turn into a crystal.

And I tell you, being able to cast holy judgment is not worth becoming entirely inanimate
It sucks to be you right now. Dont worry. I will be sure to sell you for a decent price at Jarred's.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
NACK / FANG HAS BEEN REVIEWED!

That is all.

Next up will be Marina, and then Maria (fufufufu, two Mari-s), without their creators requesting that. I'm so bad. Hurr.

Also: Note that even if we aren't even into the contest for a WEEK, we already have nearly 100 pages. zOMG.
So I get two reviews? Awesome!

EDIT: Saw my review from Chief. Awaiting Spade's opinion eagerly.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
To Darkserenade: Your not the only one here who loves Digimon.

Those movesets were pretty awesome, particularly the Joker and Electrode.

But honestly...Megaman...

Was epic awesomeness!

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
KENNY McCORMICK

Kenny McCormick, the frequently deceased 9 year old from South Park, Colorado, has joined the fray! Use his speed, combos, and perviness to bring down your foes!

STATS:

Running speed: 8/10 (Frequently running from things that kill him made him a speedster)
Walking Speed: 5/10 (Pretty normal)
Air speed: 8/10 (Attempting to break falls has also helped him prepare for Brawl)
Weight: 3/10 (You expected a 9 year old boy in poverty to be heavy?)
Size: 4/10 (Again, he's barely a preteen)
Attack speed: 9.5/10 (What a combo monster)
Fall Speed: 4/10 (Sorta floaty)
KO power: 2/10 (You'll have to whittle your opponents to high % with fast but weak attacks)
Recovery: 8/10 (A helicopter-based up B that doesn't suck!)
Priority: 8/10 (Great)
# of midair jumps: 1
Wall jump: Yes
Wall cling: No
Crawl speed: N/A (He has no crawl)
Tether: No
Roll speed: 8/10 (What did I say about speed before?)
Shield 4/10 (Because of his suckiness in avoiding death, he has a shield that goes down quicker than many)

PROS:

Fast in all areas
Great combo user
Good recovery
Can wall jump
Small
Spammy projectile

CONS:

Lightweight
Mediocre shield game
Has trouble KOing
Some moves are very similar to each other

-------------------------------------------

SPECIALS:

B: Pop Tart Toss. Kenny throws out a plain Pop Tart that travels about 11 times its length before dropping, or until it hits someone. 4% damage, a tiny bit of pushback. Moves at about the same speed as Wolf's laser beams.

Side B: Horomone Rampage. Kenny looks at a bikini magazine with Samus, Peach, and Marth. He begins to run forward happily, doing 4% damage first hit, then going down to 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, and 1. Great for combos, but with some starting lag.

Up B: Waffle-copter. Kenny pulls out a waffle, and spins around, creating a helicopter effect. Unlike Bowser and Donkey Kong's Up B's, Kenny's waffle does quite a bit of vertical AND horizontal movement. Pulls the opponent in, and does 2% per hit (a total of up to 8 hits), eventually pushing them out.

Down B: Toaster Smash. Kenny grabs a toaster, and smashes it with a crowbar, causing sparks to fly everywhere. Does 2% for most of the 8 sparks, but two red ones do 5%. Almost no knockback, but if an opponent is hit with more than 2, they are stunned for 1 second. High risk, high reward.

Final Smash: Major Boobage. Kenny hops into the car with the cowboy hat woman from the episode of the same name. The car can fly around the stage, and pressing A or B lets you shoot lasers that shoot straight forward. Touching the car does 4% damage and medium knockback, while getting hit by a laser does 25% damage and high knockback. He stays in the car for 20 seconds before hopping out.

NORMAL ATTACKS:

A: Rams the opponent with his oversized head. 2% damage, no knockback

AA: Spins his head around once. 3%, no knockback.

AAA: Spins his head around faster for as long as he likes, doing 1% damage per hit. Pushes opponent back after doing a max of 15%

Ftilt: Punches forward with both hands. 10% damage, low knockback

Utilt: Jumps up, poking upwards with his pointer finger. 8% damage, low knockback.

Dtilt: Stomps down with left foot. 5% damage, medium knockback. A great keep-away move.

Dash attack: Slams into the opponent like a missile. 11% damage, medium knockback. Lotsa ending lag.

------------------------------------------

SMASHES:

Fsmash: Kenny hits the opponent with an old rusty crowbar. 12% uncharged, 18% charged, medium knockback.

Usmash: Kenny gets a large ninja star, and thrusts up with it. 14% uncharged, 17% uncharged tipper, 16% charged, 21% charged tipper, low-high knockback depending on whether or not it's a tipper.

Dsmash: Kenny lies down face-up and spins. 10% uncharged, 15% charged, medium knockback. Great combo ender.

------------------------------------------

AIR MOVES:

Nair: Spins in a circle. 2% damage per hit, a max of 4 hits.

Uair: Kenny spins around, doing 1% damage per hit on the sides of his body and 5% per hit on top of his head, low knockback at the end

Fair: Pulls out a bikini magazine, then shuts it hard. 12% damage, high knockback if sweetspotted.

Dair: Much like his uair, only reversed, and with a sweetspot spike at the end.

Bair: Takes a rat and swings it backwards. 9% damage, low knockback. A sex kick.

-----------------------------------------

GRABS:

Grab: Pulls out a rat, which grabs the opponent and pulls them in. A short ranged grab.

Pummel: The rat bites. 2% damage, which stales quickly.

Uthrow: Kenny grabs them, and swings them up with a baseball bat. 12% damage, medium knockback.

Fthrow: Punches them in the backside, sending them flying. 9% damage, medium knockback.

Dthrow: Smashes the opponent down, and stomps on them 3 times, doing 5% each. Medium knockback.

Bthrow: Pulls out a crowbar, and hits backwards, sending the enemy backwards.

OTHER ATTACKS:

Ledge attack (<100%): Crawls up and kicks lying down. 3% damage, some pushback.

Ledge attack (>100%) Crawls up and punches three times lying down. 2% per punch, some pushback.

Trip attack: Does a small cartwheel. 4%, low knockback.

Get up attack (face up): Spins around slowly. 3%, low knockback.

Get up attack (face down): Same as face up, only 2 hits that do 2% each.

TAUNTS:

Up: Takes his left glove off and gives the finger

Down: Takes his hood off for a split second

Side: Screams and runs in a circle

VICTORY POSES:

1: Kenny sits quietly while looking at a Playboy

2: Is seen lying face down with a gunshot wound in his back that is bleeding heavily

3: Takes off his hood and says "Goodbye you guys" before fading away

--------------------------------------------

OTHER STUFF:

Kirby hat: Kirby wears Kenny's hood and gloves.

Snake codec:

Snake: Otacon, I have a little boy in an orange coat. You can barely see his face!
Otacon: That would be Kenny McCormick, a fourth grader from South Park, Colorado. His family lives in poverty, his parents are constantly fighting. He usually eats plain waffles for dinner.
Snake: Doesn't sound like that kid has a nice life.
Otacon: Despite that, he's a nice guy who has a few close friends named Stan, Kyle, and Cartman.
Snake: You know, now he seems a bit familiar. Isn't he the one who's always dying?
Otacon: Yup. Still, don't underestimate him just because he's a kid. Best of luck.
Snake: Thanks.

SSE role:

Kenny is originally seen trying to team up with Zero Suit Samus and Zelda, for obvious reasons. He is, of course, not accepted. He is eventually found alone by Kirby and Ness, and joins them after Ness tests his skill. After that, he's just a sidekick.

Kenny is a starter.

TROPHY INFO:

Kenny is a well known resident of South Park, a mountain town in Colorado. He lives in poverty, and his parents are constantly beating each other up. He is best known for his constant deaths, to which his friends Stan and Kyle say "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" and "You *******s!" respectively.

South Park (TV show)

Trivia:

Most of Kenny's moves have some show relevance. For example, he had a ninja star in "Good times with Weapons", while his Final Smash is based on the episode of the same name, where he gets high off of cat urine and sees visions of a world made primarily out of boobs.

PLAYSTYLE:

Kenny is an odd one to describe. He is an overall fast character with fast attacks that have combo potential. However, his Down B is a slow move that essentially gives you a free combo move, but it's easy to punish. Kenny's foe needs to use powerful attacks to kill the lightweight easily. A Kenny player needs to keep the pressure on a foe, comboing the crap out of them. Not surprisingly, Kenny does well against slow, heavy character like Ganon and Bowser, while having trouble against Mr. Game & Watch and Meta Knight. Kenny can be annoying to use at times, but someone who utilizes him properly can go very far.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Stickman, the Internet Game Phenomenon, joins the Brawl!

Description
Stickman may look like an ordinary stick figure but his moves are inspired from all those stickman games on the web like Electricman, Free Rider, Ragdoll Games, and more! He is a powerful mix of playstyles ranging from shooting, to using a line riding bicycle, or using spiderman webs for recovery! Also lets not forget his incredible acrobatic grabs...

Size: 6/10 - Around Link's size.
Power: 5/10
Weight: 5/10
Walking Speed: 6/10
Dash speed: 7/10 - About Marth's speed
Fall Speed: 7/10
1st Jump: 6/10
2nd Jump: 6/10
Traction: 6/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No

Links and Souces
Electricman hs 2
Rage 3
Free Rider 2
Stick Figures on Crack
Bowman 2
Ragdoll

Normal stance - He practically stands like a normal person occasionally cracking his fingers (what fingers?) over his head and sometimes looking at the ground.
Crouching stance - His left leg is laying behind him and his right one is in front of him bent and his arms are touching the floor. This makes him almost half his size.
1st Jump - His left leg is forward and is bent back while the right one is extended behind him.
2nd Jump - Does one frontflip and then when descending he faces down while keeping his arms extended behind him and his legs ready to land.
1st Back Jump - In the back jump he's sort of walking forward while doing a backflip.
2nd Back Jump - He does almost the same thing he does in the 2nd 2nd jump except its a backflip instead of a frontflip.

Standard Combo
A: Left Punch
Punches with his left hand on frame 2. Pushes the foe slightly back. No lag
Medium Range-Low knockback-1%

AA: Right punch
Punches with his right hand. The move comes out while he's pulling his left arm back from the first punch
Medium range-Very Low knockback-1%

AAA: Left Punch
Thats right, he punches again but it gets better
Medium Range-0 Knockback-1%

AAAA: Jump Kick
Yes he has a 4th standard move too. He jumps slightly and does a left kick with his right arm pointing up. Though hard to pull off because of the initial and ending lag.
Medium Range-Medium Knockback-3%

Dash Attack: Karate kick
Jumps and does a horizontal kick in a "laying down" position in the air. Only his head is up. His left leg is extended horrizontally and the other one is bent back. He stays in this stance in mid-air for almost 1 second. He can continue dashing after this
Good Range-4%-Medium Knockback

Tilts
----------------------
Forward: Sword combo v

1st-Diagonal Slash-From Upper right to lower left in front of Stickman-Medium Range-0 Knockback-2%

2nd-Diagonal Slash inverse-From lower left to upper right-Medium Range-0 Knockback-2%

3rd-Slam Slash-Horizontally slashes down and whacks the floor with his sword powerfully like in Ikes Fsmash-Good Range-Good Knockback-3%
-----------------------

Up: Double Kick
Jumps slightly and extends both legs in front of him and behind. Can be followed up by a second inversed double kick
Good Range-Low Knockback-4%

Down: Slide Kick
Bends down on the floor, holding himself with an arm and extends both legs on front of him touching the ground. Trips the foe.
Great Range-Very Low Knockback-2%

Aerials

Neutral: Spinning Propeller
Extends both legs on both sides and spins rapidly 3 times
Medium Range-0 Knockback-1%x3

Forward: Double Kick
Kicks twice powerfully in front of him first with the right leg then with the left.
Medium Range-Good Knockback-5%x2

Up: Swinging flip
Does a frontflip, extending one leg starting a bit before he's upside-down
Medium Range-Good Knockback-8%

Down: Kamikaze Drop
Turns facing diagonally down and quickly moves his feet charging up, then shoots down at full speed. When he reaches the floor he explodes and jumps out forward doing some flips and then landing in his crouching position. Some initial and ending lag.
Good Range-Great Knockback-15%

Back: Drill Extension
Extends his legs behind him and spins very rapidly 3 times. Slight initial lag.
Great Range-Good Knockback-1%x6

Smashes

Forward: Power Kick
Jumps slightly charging his leg back bended. He then moves his left leg slightly forward (not the attack) moving the right leg behind him, then inverts the two legs bringing the left leg back and kicking powerfully in front of him. The victim flies diagonally up. Lets say 45 degrees from the floor. There is obviously alot of initial lag. Kills at over 60%
Good Range-Excellent Knockback-15%

Up: Handstand Hit
Does a handstand and bends is knees back or charging, then kicks with both feet. Just a small bit of lag. Sends foe upwards. Kills at over 100%
Good Range-Good Knockback-10%

Down: Rage Explosion
Charges for a second and throws his fists down releasing a fiery explosion around him
14%-Good Knockback

Specials

Neutral Special: Bowman
This move is very different than both Pits, and Links bow and arrow. Hold down B to charge, You can change the direction it goes too with the control stick. You control this little cross that shows the disrance the arrow will fly. If you charge the move, the cross goes farther. By changing direction with the control stick, the cross moves from in front of you to over your head or anywhere. On release, the arrow flies towards the cross which has now disappeared. Once the arrow gets to the cross, it will start losing speed quickly, falling down. Usually the best way to use it is making it fly in an arc since it loses speed quickly. Theres a lot of hitstun in this move. A side effect is if you aim at your feet or straight up so it falls on your head, you hurt yourself. Also if you get the foes head it does more damage and if you get the foes feet it does less damage.
Unlimited Range-Very Low Knockback-20% (head) 15% (body) 10% (feet)

Side Special:Free Rider
Its Free Rider! He jumps onto a BMX "stick figure style" and rides lines you draw! If you let go right away the move works like Wario's bike balancing with the control stick though he accelerates on his own. But if you hold B, you start drawing lines on the floor in front of Stickman! By tilting the control stick, you change the direction of the line making it go up and down or whatever. Stickman just rides forward on the lines. Although if the line is too steep up, Stickman will fall backwards without being able to perform any action until you touch the ground. Also, if your're going fast because of a line going down, then Stickman will be able to go farther up if right after the slope, you draw a steep hill upwards. So normal cycling physics are present. Can be used for horizontal recovery but NOT vertical since steep hills make Stickman fall backwards to his doom. You can cycle for 8 seconds. Also the lines can't be ridden by foes but they can be ridden by teammates.
14%-Good Knockback

Up Special: Double Wires
This recovery is very different than ZSSes or Olimars or Ivysaurs. It goes a bit farther than ZSSes and are easier to attach to the edge since they don't pull back right away after being shot BUT you can't pull yourself up! Instead you need to shoot a second wire at some solid object OR the actual border of the stage even though its not solid. So when you press the up-B, Stickman stops in the air for a second, and during that time you must choose the direction of the first wire by tapping the control stick in the wanted direction. Then while hanging with the first wire, shoot the second one by tapping in another direction. Once you attached one wire on the edge and one on the stage border (or something else) you bounce through the 2 wires, releasing the wires when you press B. If you don't press B to release, you will bounce back down leading to your doom when you later release B. But the height is about Sonics Up-B. Direction of your jump depends on the wires position. Also, if you attach one of the wires to foe, you pull the foe down and go up, thus swapping whose trying to recover with whose edgegaurding! You may think its a bit hard but its actually just long. If you use it on the ground you can pull your enemies to you, or pull yourself to them. Once you attached a wire on a foe, if you hold B, you'll pull him to you. If you let go of B, you'll fly to the foe.
Great Range-Does no damage

Down Special: Ragdoll
Stickman becomes lifeless, falling on the floor in all kinds of weird ways depending on the situation. For example, if used while dashing, he will fall forwards. While in this form, he's invincible. You can stay like this for 4 seconds. Press B to turn back to normal. Also good for dodging and countering. No initial lag but some ending lag making it not spammable. You also fall faster if you use it in the air.
Varying Range-Great Knockback-13%

FINAL SMASH: Running Rampage
First of all, the battle goes in slow-motion during this move. Also, electricity forms around him. He starts running forward (he's slow-mo too) but extending his legs after each step in front of him to kick. Does this step 3 times, then finishes off with a powerful kick that sends the foe upwards making Stickman land facing the other way after the kick.
Great Range-Excellent Knockback (at the end)-10% for each of the 3 step kicks and 20% at the end with the powerful kick

Grabs

Grab attack: Kick
Simply Kicks the foe with his right foot-3%

U-Grab-Power Throw
Runs forward just a bit and then does a frontflip throwing the foe upwards. Does no damage. Is just for killing over 70%
Great Knockback-0%

F-Grab-Rising Punch
Rises slowly up with the foe in his hands in slow-motion, then suddenly punches the foe forward stopping the slow-motion.
Good Knockback-10%

D-Grab-Knee hit
Slams the foes head on his knee with strength sending him diagonally down in front of him.
Low Knockback-12%

B-grab-Flipping Air-kick
Does a backflip and while upside-down with his foe in his hands, he kicks him behind him and then finishes the flip. All in slow-mo till the kick.
Excellent Knockback-8%

Dodges
Forward Dodge - Puts an arm on the floor on his left and spins around it holding himslef up with the arm
Back Dodge - Rolls backwards once using his arms
Down Dodge - Moves to his right bending back Matrix-style
Air Dodge - Bends forward as if someone hit him in the stomach leaning to the side.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Pulls out a guitar and does a single strong note.

Side Taunt: Charges a punch but when he releases it he suddenly stops his fist and points at the foe laughing. Its a fun taunt because you can practically trick the foe into thinking you're about to hit him when you actually don't

Down taunt: Randomly eats a hamburger.

Entrance

A big hand draws him up with a pencil.

Victory Poses

1. He's dancing happily and suddenly a giant hamburger falls on him and you here that "Hey hey!" sound. Its from a popular Youtube video called "Stick figures on Crack"

2. The camera looks up, and Stickman jumps from the side over the camera doing a frontflip and when he lands he does another jump but very low and he stays in the air for a second doing tons of fast backflips. When he stops he's in his crouching stance.

3. A mouse arrow grabs his head and moves him around like a ragdoll.

Alt Colors
Black - Red - Blue - Green - White - Yellow

Kirby Hat
Kirby gets a black baseball cap.

Codec Conversation
Snake: Okay i've seen enough. A plumber, some tight-suited bounty hunter, talking animals and now this! A stick figure!!!
Colonel: Thats no ordinary stick figure like the ones in your beloved Internet games. Thats Stickman. He reunites all of each stick figures powers into one giving him all kinds of different moves.
Snake: Does he have the bow from Bowman 2? Or the bicycle from Free Rider? Or the moves in Electricman HS2? Or what about Rage 3?
Colonel: *sigh* Yes, Snake.
Snake: Perfect. That means I know all his moves. This'll be easy.
Colonel: If you say so Snake.

Playstyle
In terms of stats he's pretty balanced. With some decent jumps, normal speed, and normal power his stats are somewhat similar to Mario's.
His playstyle is mostly staying close and fighting, then escaping with the Free Rider or by dodging when you need to. Once he's far he can use his Bowman attack or a Free Rider to approach. Not to mention his unique recovery system that can sometimes swap places with who's recovering and who's edgegaurding so some experts can actually go off the stage on purpose so they can reel the foe in their place.
Also Ragdoll is very useful since you can use it when your foe is about to hit you that way he gets hurt instead of you making it an excellent counter. With all these different moves its hard to sum it up into one playstyle but some might consider it "Attack from afar to get the foe to high percents then come close to him (with Free rider or a sudden Ragdoll when close to him) and finish him off."

Extras

Stage: Pictochat

How to unlock: Play on Pictochat 30 times.

SSE role: He's a good guy against Bowser, D3, Ganon and Wario but he works together with G&W. They then meet Pit and Mario in Skyworld which challenge them (for no reason. Thats how SSE is). Then they continue on their own and meet D3. After beating him they get to the last level.

Icon: His face (a black dot)

Wiimote Sound: You here a squish sound and then the "Hey hey!" From Sticks on Crack

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Akiak: Good stuff, but I think a lot of the style is lacking. I understand it is kinda difficult for such an eclectic character, but there wasn't much to link Stickman together overall. Perhaps you could include a bit of detail about each move's usefulness/contribution to the overall playstyle in the description of each move. Other than that though, I thought it was pretty creative and unique.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*snorts*

I just finished reading through Megaman 9: Megaman, and I have to say that this is a REALLY great job. I particularly LOVE the taunts, victory poses and especially the Snake Codecs. I nearly died laughing on those.

"Oh, it's just Breakman. He blows."
"Shooting Bees on FIRE."
Bwahahahaha.

Oh, and of course how you make Dr. Light seem to be a ******** douche and a robot, and how Dr. Wily doesn't do anything else but wiggling his eyebrows.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
you can still make a character already done in this thread, just that its not too similar. And the person who made it was cruxis.

man, I have Tails Doll (I've completed everything a part from the extras) ready to be posted on the next page. (get the hint)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Doink!

TONBERRY. NOW.​

Background

Small green bipedal lizard with glowing yellow eyes and a dolphin tail. It wears a brown hooded robe and carries a lantern and a chef’s knife at all times. Its attack method is this: It slowly approaches you, counterattacking anything you dish out at it, and once it closes the distance it attacks you with a singularly devastating knife stab (accompanied by the “Doink!” sound effect) which murders the crap out of you. One of the most infamous enemies in the series due to its unthreatening appearance combined with its frightening fatality. Other things it can do include Karma, which deals damage according to how many enemies the player has slain.

Its special moves utilize its infamous and unique spells in Final Fantasy games. They increase pressure and fill in some gaps caused by Tonberry’s normals and make Tonberry what it is supposed to be: really freaking scary.

Stats

Size: Mario-height. A little wider.

Speed (Run, Walk, and Air):
3/10 (moves like a heavyweight despite size)

Power: 8/10 (hits like a heavyweight despite size)

Weight: 7/10 (takes hits pretty well despite size)

Fall Speed: 5/10

Jumping: 3/10 (Tonberry doesn’t got hops. He has aerial maneuverability comparable to
Zelda)

Traction: 5/10

Range: 6/10 (Knife/Lantern and stubby arms balance out)

Grab: 8/10 (not quite DK/D3 good, but still awesome)

Shield: 8/10 (large shield + small body = win)

Roll: 7/10 (once he closes the distance he can get around)

Dodge:
7/10

Ground

Neutral Combo: Single quick knife stab with a short range deals unreasonable knockback and stun for a jab. (7%)

Dash Attack: Tonberry hops forward holding his lantern forward which burns fiercely, causing single hit fire damage with moderate vertical knockback. Slightly longer than average lag afterwards. (8%)

Ftilt: Sideways swipe of the lantern. A little slow, with a fire effect and some killing potential. Can be angled. (13%)

Utilt: quick stab upwards with knife. Can juggle a little, but bad range. Good priority due to knife. Little lag and can be done quickly in succession. Will chain due to low knockback and small lag. (8%)

Dtilt: Crouching low knife stab that can be done incredibly quickly. Rather negligible knockback. (3%)

Fsmash: Tonberry does a flurry of thrusts forward (about 5) with the Knife, causing multiple hits and then a final hitbox on the last stab with powerful knockback that rivals some heavyweight smashes. The startup lag is noticeable, but Tonberry’s startup animation is simply him drawing the knife back. End lag is killer though. (up to 18%)

Usmash: Raises lantern above its head which spews out a short-ranged, widespread flame. The attack causes Tonberry’s hood to slip off its head, prompting it to pull the hood back on quickly (Tonberry is shy) adding to the lag afterward. The lag is offset by the wide range and disjointed hitbox, although the knockback is more GTFO! than lethal. (14%)

Dsmash: Tonberry hops off the ground and smashes its lantern into the ground causing flames to run along the ground on both sides of it. If A is pressed again, it will do another ground smash causing an explosion as it lands (Like Link can do either one or two hits with his Fsmash, but with a Dsmash). The fire does multiple hits while the explosion does powerful knockback. Good coverage, but lots of lag afterwards expecially if the second explosion is done. Charging this move causes the flames to last longer and the explosion to be bigger. Fire does multiple weak hits while explosion does good knockback, mostly vertical. (Fire does multiple hits, up to 12%, and explosion does another 10%)

Aerials

Nair: Spins a bit lethargically with both the knife and the lantern out. Knife causes slashing effect and horizontal knockback, and lantern causes burning effect and hits opponents up. Not the best killing move but little landing lag allowing for follow-ups. (10% for either hitbox)

Fair: Tonberry reverses his grip on the knife so he holds it slasher style, raises the knife and stabs forward and downward in an arc. This is a powerful spike with a slow startup due to Tonberry lifting up his knife, but it comes down quickly. Range isn’t too good because Tonberry holds the knife downward. (13%)

Bair: Tonberry flicks his adorable dolphin-like tail at the opponent behind him, swiping up and then down. The down part pseudo spikes weakly. Bad damage (unless both hits are landed) and knockback but his best aerial approach. (5% for 1st, 6% for 2nd hitbox)

Uair: Waves his lantern over his head in an arc unhurriedly. Good priority, fair range, fire damage and good knockback. Due to his crap aerial mobility however, this isn’t an attack you can use too often unless you’re on a stage with a high platform for Tonberry to use, except in conjunction with a Karmic bounce. More on that below.(13%)

Dair: Tonberry positions himself parallel with the ground and swings his lantern downward in a backhand strike. Powerful spike with beginning of attack, lots of lag afterwards. (15%)

Throws

Grab: Tonberry raises his lantern which creates a glowing aura in front which will grab. Enemy is held in front with energy from the lantern holding him/her.

Pummel: Tonberry headbutt!

Fthrow: rapid stab with a knife like a mini version of his Fsmash launching the enemy forward and up moderately. (11%)

Bthrow:
Tosses enemy up and swings lantern behind without looking knocking the opponent back and up. Stronger than Fthrow but still not much killing potential. (12%)

Uthrow:
Decks enemy upwards with a Lantern uppercut! Has SOME killing potential. (9%)

Dthrow: Hamstrings enemy with knife making them fall over, then bashes them with the lantern causing a small explosion. The victim’s trajectory is vertical and knockback is quite high.(13%)

Specials

Neutral B: Slow:
Tonberry casts the spell from his lantern which looks like a greenish or orangish cloudy ball thing. If it hits, the character is slowed down in every aspect. This move is risky to use but one could use it in combination with a Smash attack or possibly Karma.
Uncharged, this move has potential to disrupt approaches as well, if used at close range it will slow them just long enough to make them vulnerable to a grab or quick attack.

Charge determines distance, size, and duration of Slow effect. The projectile spreads as its distance increases, to about 1.5x Tonberry’s height, and moves rather sluggishly for a projectile (no surprise there). No damage or knockback.

Down B: Karma: Holding B causes Tonberry’s lantern to glow more, and limits Tonberry’s movement to a VERY slow walk and air speed. The glow increases every step Tonberry takes. When B is released a large purplish/greenish cloud/flame is released out of the lantern. It hits all around but mostly forward.

The area of effect is determined by how many steps taken. This has ridiculous damage and killing potential, although while charging B Tonberry is extra slow, cannot block or dodge in any way. If Tonberry jumps, his movement will be floaty, and as soon as he lands the blast occurs automatically, although he can release it before he lands, in which case he will be “bounced” up and in the direction he was jumping, the height of the bounce depending on how much the attack is charged. Also, this attack absorbs energy projectiles (anything that can be absorbed by a PSI Magnet), negating damage and knockback and adding to the charge based on how powerful it is.

For example, an absorbed Falco blaster shot adds one step’s worth of charge, while a fully charged energy shot from Samus will add five steps (Fox’s blaster is absorbed but adds no charge). This attack at maximum has a hitbox with forward horizontal range reaching to 1/3 of Final Destination while providing adequate coverage for behind, above, and below. The cloud/flame can be angled upon release if done quickly. Damage/knockback/range are dependant on how many steps Tonberry takes while you hold Down B.

The damage/knockback/range ratio is lessened according to the damage Tonberry has, which increases the enhancement of the attack for each step. Uncharged, this move has a hitbox not much greater than Tonberry’s Ftilt, 5% damage, and has little knockback but an appreciable amount of stun. (I have no idea about the damage range, but it’s variable and HUGE. Same applies to knockback)

Forward B: Chef’s Knife: Tonberry lunges forward a little with its knife out. Startup is quick, cooldown is bad although the hitbox stays out unusually long.. This move has plenty of super armor frames, and if Tonberry is hit by a Normal attack it will deal that same amount of damage plus the 12% normally caused by this attack to whatever it hits.

“Absorbing” Normal attacks in this manner also causes a paralyzing effect to the recipient of the attack. If Tonberry “absorbs” a non-energy special move, Tonberry’s lunge will take on properties of the “absorbed” special to some extent, such as trajectory, speed, and distance alterations as well as damage and knockback.

This move can punish spammable non-energy projectiles although Tonberry takes the damage. Also, this move causes tons of shield stun and damage. On a side note, if Tonberry is hit by an attack with a special effect, that effect transfers to Tonberry’s attack i.e. being hit with Falcon’s knee will cause an electricity effect from the stab. (Variable damage, 12% by itself)

Up B: Voodoo: Tonberry throws a voodoo doll shaped like a random GF in an upward and forward arc which can be controlled. The voodoo doll does not travel very fast in the air, and Tonberry will go into helpless if done in the air and the startup is pretty slow. If Tonberry does this in midair and the doll lands on the stage, Tonberry will be pulled towards it with a strong vacuum effect. Other players are also vacuumed but not as powerfully, before an explosion of purplish cloudy flame occurs doing up to 13 damage and good knockback (although not very lethal) to everyone who isn’t Tonberry, who puts the doll back in its robe.

If the doll hits an enemy, it sticks onto the enemy. If Tonberry uses a special move, runs, jumps, dodges, rolls, or gets hit, the doll falls off and breaks. If Tonberry uses his normal attacks or walks, the doll stays latched onto the enemy. When the doll is latched onto the enemy, any attack Tonberry uses will have a second invisible hitbox projected from the doll, meaning that if a character has the doll attached and Tonberry does a smash attack from the other side of the stage, the character takes the damage and half the knockback. However, only normal attacks keep the doll from breaking, so they can be used for multiple hits until the enemy attacks Tonberry. Tonberry can only throw one at a time of course, and it can sweetspot the ledge.

If it does, Tonberry immediately teleports to the ledge, making it a mix between a tether and teleport-style recovery if used on the ledge, and if it lands on the stage Tonberry will be drawn towards the stage fairly quickly but it can still attack and stuff. Pressing Up B again when the Doll is latched onto an enemy will causes Tonberry and the victim to switch places with a Warp/Teleport effect, allowing Tonberry to recover even if the doll hits an enemy instead of the ledge or stage while having potential to do some interesting gimp kills. This also occurs naturally if an opponent is already hanging on the ledge and not invincible. (up to 13% from Stage Explosion depending on proximity of explosion, no damage from teleport-switch, variable damage from Voodoo cling)

Final Smash: Everybody’s Grudge/Tonberry King

Tonberry becomes Tonberry King who is a giant version (less than Giga Bowser of course) with a Star spinning drunkenly above its head. He has Super Armor for the duration of this move. Right when he transforms there will be a blast of Karmic energy covering the entire stage (can be dodged like Tabuu’s Off Waves) which will cause 30% damage to each opponent for every kill they got that round so far and doing moderate vertical knockback. The wave will also instantly break shields.

Afterwards, you can control him for about 6 seconds. Pressing B will cause Tonberry’s Lantern to open up and spew fully charged Karmic blasts, while pressing A causes him to do a lagless version of his Fsmash, regardless if on ground, air, or dashing. Both of these attacks have huge range and KO potential. He walks around as slowly as if you were charging his Down B move as well.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Tonberry’s lantern goes out! Oh no! He raises it up to eye level and stares at it sullenly until the lantern is either scared or sympathetic enough to light itself back up.

Side Taunt: Karmic flames overlap Tonberry and it points forward with its Knife in a menancing manner while holding its lantern above its head. It hisses something in its own language.

Down Taunt: Tonberry puts down its knife and lantern. Then it takes the Voodoo doll out of its robes and squeezes it a couple of times playfully ^_^. Tonberry puts the doll away and picks up his equipment afterwards.

Victory Poses:

1) Tonberry holds his lantern up and it glows ominously, and then some flames spew out causing the hem of his robe to catch fire and he stomps it out in a panicked fashion

2) Tonberry juggles his knife, lantern, and voodoo doll a bit before messing up, dropping his knife and lantern. The doll falls on his head.

3) Tonberry starts with his back facing the screen, then turns around and walks forward very slowly towards the screen. If the victory screen stays on, he will reach the screen and take a stab at it causing a red flash. (666% damage)

Pros:

+ Heavy damage and weight

+ Small size

+ Disjointed hitboxes from weapons

+ Great grabs

+ Has a pressure game without the use of projectiles

+ Some built-in anti-spam/anti-keepaway moves

+ Lots of edgeguarding options

Cons:

- Slow. Really slow.

- Range not so good

- Bad approach

- No spammable moves

- Steep learning curve

- Camping can be incredibly effective if Tonberry is not used correctly

- Complicated edgeguarding

Strategery:

Tonberry’s main concern is approach. He doesn’t have a lot of all-purpose attacks you can just throw out to keep your opponent in check, and his projectile is useless as a conventional projectile. Tonberry’s main strength is in mindgames. At any moment in close range, Tonberry can use Chef’s Knife which will work even if you instinctively try to attack and will function basically as a Counter although it damages him. At far range, Tonberry can charge his Karma which is really intimidating. Spamming energy projectiles will only help him, while spamming nonenergy projectiles can get you stabbed by Chef’s Knife.

Tonberry’s Chef’s Knife, when absorbing nonenergy projectiles, causes him to adopt to an extent the trajectory, speed, and distance of that projectile. So for example you are Link and you shoot an Arrow at him. Tonberry uses Chef’s Knife, taking damage without flinching due to Super Armor, and his lunge increases in distance and speed (a fraction, maybe half of the “absorbed” projectile) and makes him arc a little bit up then down like the arrow, which at a certain range will hit you, doing 12% damage plus however the heck much damage the arrow does, and adds to knockback.

Releasing Karma during your jump will cause Tonberry to bounce a bit from the blast, providing him with a second jump if charged enough. He can use this to pursue Meteor Smashes giving him superior range if Karma is charged long enough (otherwise, using regular jumps, Tonberry can’t get many Meteor Smash opportunities) although the learning curve for this maneuver is steep. It can also be used to get vertical KOs from a high enemy.
With Karma and his spikes, Tonberry has a serious advantage while edgeguarding, as he can charge up Karma while the opponent is recovering for any number of things, and has multiple ways of spiking as well.

The Voodoo attack has so many options but it’s hard to actually attach it to an enemy due to the poor speed of the doll. You can simply do normal attacks to add on to damage, or if the enemy is recovering it could gimp them. You can do a surprise position switch with them which can be a nasty surprise. You can deliberately miss the enemy with the doll and let the explosion do the work. Lots of applications, but very situation-based.

Overall, Tonberry’s approach relies almost entirely on intimidation. On such a character, spamming should work, but Tonberry has a couple of moves that, if tactically applied, will net him an advantage. However, Tonberry doesn’t stand up well to constant pressure, because even if his rolls and general up-close game are good, if he doesn’t have a hold on the stage and on the mind of the opponent, his options are limited to very short-ranged, vicious defense.

|End Moveset|

Alright, first thing I need to know is if the layout is okay, because now that I finished Tonberry I'm going to edit the crap out of my last two entries.

Second of all, I stated how I want Tonberry to be played more or less. I'd like to know if it all would work in theory.

I don't mind if you consider Tonberry to be overcomplicated. That's the basic idea. He doesn't have much flexibility, and he's fairly predictable. You predict that he is going to stab you and you are right.

And if things like the Karmic Bounce or Chef's Knife aren't explained properly, let me know.

Now for all that Japanese oral exam I should be doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom