• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hey guys, quick question...how do you all feel about grab attacks (like Diddy's side B) in a moveset? Yay or nay?

Just curious because I may be using one for Pyramid Head and wanted to know what you all thought...
Says the guy who's making a moveset in which The D-Tilt, Dash Attack, U-Smash, F-Smash, F-Air, U-Air, D-Air, and Up Special are all grabs:

THEY'RE AWESOME!! :bee:

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Says the guy who's making a moveset in which The D-Tilt, Dash Attack, U-Smash, F-Smash, F-Air, U-Air, D-Air, and Up Special are all grabs:

THEY'RE AWESOME!! :bee:
Excellent...and I forgot you're doing Bugzzy...yeah, grab attacks ARE pretty awesome...

And it just hit me that I'll have to make Shanoa crazy above and beyond for the Castlevania fanatic Mendez xD

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
"The only way to improve is knowing what you had done wrong" is what I say!

MasterWarlord said:
Edit: @DancingFrogMan: Yes, I know Tails Doll is a doll. "Puppy" was just a random word slapped on, it's an expression.
I know it's expression, I was "trying" to be funny.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well. . .Unless you want me to lie about my opinions, then yeah. I loved Guntz and The King. Ya gotta learn to take some constructive criticism.
Your criticism sounds - to me at least, maybe because I'm a wuss - always VERY devastating. I know it's constructive, and doesn't intend to, but I always die a little inside. Chris critisized similarly to you, but his criticism didn't "sound" so destroying to me.

I thought you might get sick of being reviewed by me. . .But I kept reviewing you because I liked your movesets.
Really...? That... didn't really come out. Sorry, maybe I misinterpreted something or... I dunno.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Jab:
Iron Knuckle
This attack is infinitely going. Jonathan uses his fist, strengthened by a knuckle weapon, to punch insanely quick into the enemy. This does light knockback and 3% each hit. Since it has low range and priority, you might want to think wisely before choosing to use this move...

Thesaurus Clap
Using her most favourite book - the Encyclopedia - Charlotte jabs forward. This has rather good range and comes out very quickly. It does only 1% damage (she's a mage, after all!), and does no knockback, but actually pulls the enemy a bit closer to her and hitstuns them quite okay. It has a bit of ending lag, however, so you might want to keep out, though. Hmm... I wonder why she would pull an enemy closer...?
Excitement! Looks great....why WOULD she want to pull an enemy closer? I wonder.

EDIT: Castlevania nerds unite! Mendez is also reviewing Alucard when I finish him.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
WIN!

If I do a Pokemon moveset it will be this awesome Pokemon.

I'm still debating whether to make it in this contest or in MYM 5, and whether to make it a stand-alone or part of an "OC trainer."
*murders Chris*

**** you, Chris Lionheart! Persian was going to featured in my 2nd Rescue Team Moveset!!!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

THE RAPTORS

Crappy picture, huh? So how about some more links!

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/3995/extdino.html some 8-bit pictures of the Raptors and their enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgJ6wzSW8k - Opening of the show. It gives you a good view of the Raptors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIEAJMKJ7iE&feature=related - The first episode.

Cartoon of Origin: Extreme Dinosaurs
This villainous group is a bunch of Velociraptors who were mutated by an evil alien life form. The members are Bad Rap (The badass leader), Haxx (The clumsy doofus), and Spitter (The smart one). Their goal is to bring about massive global warming in order to usher in a new Mesozoic age.

OVERVIEW

The Raptors are a multiple move set character in the vein of Zelda/Sheik. You can play as one character individually, or you can switch with your down special. You always tag in the order of Bad Rap  Haxx  Spitter. While the members each their own specialties, all three have above average movement capabilities due to being, well, raptors. One unique feature of this group though is that each member has his own final smash.

And now for some shared extras:

Logo: A t-rex skull
Win Music: An instrumental version of the guy singing “Extreme Dinosaurs!”after commercial breaks
Credits Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ErufN2Yp5c

Unlock Info

How to unlock: Beat classic mode with 2 other multi-characters
Unlock Message: “The Raptors, brutal prehistoric warriors, have joined the brawl!”

Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time for the actual members themselves!

BAD RAP

Not shown in this pic is that Bad Rap has a yellow rocket launcher attached to his right arm over his hand.

Bad Rap is the leader of the Raptors. He is outfitted with asset of metallic braces that enhance his powerful jaws, and also once wielded a special hand-cannon that was capable of destroying entire planets. In fact, the first time he used its full power resulted in the extinction of the dinosaurs! However, he mainly sticks to hand-to-hand combat. While he’s not incredibly smart, he’s proven himself to be a competent threat to the Earth.

OVERVIEW

Bad Rap would be the “brawn” of the Raptors. He’s got the strongest moves and the most ways of KOing his opponents. As you’d expect, he’s also the slowest and heaviest. Surprisingly, he’s actually kind-of floaty, giving him a respectable aerial game. Bad Rap’s most interesting strength though is his projectile game. Bad Rap has both a projectile that shoots backwards as well as one that has anti-air purposes, giving Bad Rap good spacial control.

STATS

Movement Speed: 6/10 (despite being the slowest of the Raptors, Bad Rap is still true to his species by having above average footwork)
Traction: 10/10 (He’s a dash-dancing champion)
Attack Speed: 4/10 (Not fast, but not terribly slow either. Bad Rap is mainly vulnerable during his end lag as opposed to the startup time, making him unique among power-fighters)
Attack Strength: 7/10 (Good, but nowhere near that of Gannondorf or Bowser)
Range: 7/10 (Tails and claws help Bad Rap’s range, and don’t forget his projectiles)
Priority: 4/10 (below average, but nothing terrible)
Weight: A little heavier than Ike
Jump Strength: 6/10 (both jumps have the same strength)
Fall Speed: 3/10 (rather floaty, giving him some good aerial control)
Size: As tall as Ike, but notably more muscular

Pros:
Good amount of KO moves, with a decent amount of quicker ones
Good Projectile Game
Heavy
Good aerial game for a heavy-weight

Cons:
Most moves are kind of slow, mainly at the tail-end
Below average priority on most attacks
Crap Recovery

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

A: “Nose strike”: Bad Rap butts you with his nose. This move has pretty bad range, but doesn’t have any noticeable lag on either end, and does 4% with below average knockback. It also has good priority. Overall, this move is comparable to Pikachu’s or Game and Watch’s neutral A move in terms of how it functions. Like those moves, you can also hold A for Bad Rap to continuously perform this attack as long as you want.

>A: “Palm Thrust”: Bad Rap quickly thrusts his free hand forwards with an open palm. This is a nice attack as it has very little startup lag and good range, and if it hits does 7% with average knockback. On the downside, this move has an average amount of end lag, so Bad Rap can’t simply spam this move, and the move has below average priority.

VA: “Do Not Disturb”: Bad Rap quickly slams his free hand onto the ground in front of him for 7%, average knockback, and below average priority. However, the move doesn’t have much range and has average end lag. Bad Rap has super armor in his back for the move, as he does not want anyone interrupting his offense.

^A: “Arm Windup”: Bad Rap spins his rocket-arm around in a circle like he’s winding up for a punch. He spins his arm 3 times, with each spin having the potential to do 8% with average knockback. The move has low priority but hits in a good area around Bad Rap. This move also has a low amount of lag on both ends.

Dash Attack: “Two-handed Shove”: Bad Rap skids to a stop while thrusting out both arms. He skids 1/5 of battlefield and the shove does 10% with average knockback. There is virtually no startup lag but above average end lag and below average priority.

Smash Attacks

FSmash: “Fall-Over Punch”: Bad Rap does a massive backhand swing that has low priority, above average startup lag, and does 12% (17% charged) and good knockback. However, Bad Rap punches so fiercely that the momentum ends up causing him to fall over onto his stomach. Bad Rap is lying on his stomach as the move ends. This means that the move should be used conservatively, as obviously lying down can be a dangerous position.

DSmash: “Tail Lash”: Bad Rap turns his back to the camera and quickly lashes his tail in the direction he was facing. In addition to good range and only average startup lag, it’s got decent priority and does a very nice 13% (18% charged) with good knockback. Its major downfall is that it has a fair amount of end lag, so Bad Rap is vulnerable if he fails to connect. Still, this is a decently reliable KO move, which makes sense considering this was one of Bad Rap’s most effective attacks in the show.

USmash: “Rising Chomp”: Bad Rap leaps upwards while holding his mouth wide open above him. He goes farther the longer you charge up, with a max charge being enough for him to hit someone on the top platform of battlefield, and with no charge he stays on the ground. When Bad Rap reaches the apex of his jump, he snaps his jaws, dealing 17% (27% charged) and high vertical knockback. While the move has a fair amount of startup lag, Bad Rap can move almost instantly afterwards, and he jumps to the charged height almost instantly. If the move ends in the air, Bad Rap does not enter free-fall, and is now in the air-state. The move has below average priority.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: “Tail Whip”: Bad Rap whips his tail forwards then backwards. Both hits can do 12% with above average knockback. The move is also not too slow, having below average lag on both ends. However the move has bad priority. On the bright side, the move has good range on both sides to the length of his tail.

Fair: “Flying Roundhouse”: Bad Rap does a fierce spinning kick that propels him forwards 1/3 of battlefield. The move has almost no startup lag, and as you’d expect has great range. However, this move is one of Bad Rap’s weaker moves, doing only 5% with below average knockback, though it has above average priority. The move has average end lag.

Bair: “Fire-Top”: Bad Rap spins around horizontally (like how Link spins in his up-b) while shooting a stream of fire from his rocket-arm. The fire extends as far as jigglypuff is tall to the sides of Bad Rap, and Bad Rap keeps spinning for .8 seconds, so it’s difficult to hit Bad Rap while this move is going on. The fire is disjointed and does 10% with above average knockback, and even has very little startup lag, but the move a fair amount of end-lag, so Bad Rap is open to attack should he fail to connect.

Uair: “Empty Canister”: Bad Rap points his rocket-arm upwards and fires, but all that comes out is an itty-bitty spurt of flames, as though Bowser had 5% of his fire-breath left. This fire spurt is also disjointed and does 2% with very little knockback. However, this move has virtually no startup lag. You may hold the attack button for Bad Rap to fire perpetually, like an A infinite. If enemies get hit, they get dragged down with you, so you can usually get in decent amount of damage before they DI away. Even better, id Bad Rap lands while firing, he won’t stop; he’ll just land on his feet, and continue the attack while standing on the ground. This move has below average end lag, enough so that Bad Rap can escape from those who break free of the flames, but not immediately start this move again

Dair: “Death From Above”: Bad Rap turns so that he’s upside down, and then plummets twice his height downwards. Anyone who hits his head during this takes 12% with above average knockback straight downwards. The move has below average startup or end lag as well as decent priority. This is an excellent spiking move, but be careful not to KO yourself!

Special Moves

B: “Hungry Bite”: Bad Rap jumps back a small distance, and then he quickly lunges forwards with his mouth gaping open and a little bit of drool falling to the ground. Bad Rap lands slightly ahead of this starting point, so this move’s startup animation both allows Bad Rap to dodge attacks while simultaneously having good range. It takes about .8 seconds for this to finish.

After reaching the end point of his forwards hop, he snaps his jaws shut, and anyone caught by them will be flung forwards with 21% and slightly less knockback than a Falcon Punch. While this move has low priority, it has low end lag, so when you combine that with its other good traits, this may be one super-strong move that’s actually worth using.

>B: “Backwards Rocket”: Bad Rap crosses his rocket-arm over his chest so that it is facing behind him. He then fires a small missile from it that looks similar to Samus’s homing missile. However, the similarities end with the appearance. Bad Rap’s goes in a straight line at a faster speed, goes as far as Final Destination’s main platform, and does 9% with average knockback. And of course, Bad Rap’s projectile is traveling backwards, making it great for retreats. Unlike other side-specials, performing this move while dashing won’t stop Bad Rap’s momentum, further enhancing its keep-away capabilities. There is average lag on both sides of the move as Bad Rap prepares to fire and reset his arm’s position, and the rocket has average priority.

^B: “Flare Gun”: Bad Rap raises his rocket-arm and fires what looks like a cracker-launcher shot at a 70 degree upwards angle. However, the shot does not fall back down, but simply explodes once it goes 2 Ike’s height upwards. The explosion does 10% with average knockback and is disjointed, making it a great anti-air move. Unfortunately, if you haven’t figured it out by now, Bad Rap has no recovery special move. The move has average startup and end lag.

VB: “Tag”: This move can only be performed on the ground. Bad Rap waves his arm while saying “He’s yours Haxx!” He continues to wave as Haxx jumps onto the stage directly in front of Bad Rap, and Bad Rap then jumps off the screen, signifying that the tag is complete. Haxx is now the player character.

While the tag happens relatively quickly, this move has a BIG thing to take caution about. When you initiate the move, the character change always works, even if Bad Rap is hit. However, while Bad Rap is waving, he can still be damaged and even KOd, and these will count on your status. It’s possible for the enemy to be behind Bad Rap as Haxx appears, hit and KO Bad Rap, and Haxx will still lose a stock despite being perfectly fine. If this happens, Haxx won’t respawn, he just loses a stock. If Bad Rap is damaged but not KOd, he jumps away the moment his hit stun wears off, and he cannot be damaged during this time.

However, the worst part is yet to come. When Haxx jumps to the stage, he is vulnerable as well, since both the Raptors share the same HUD, and when he jumps in he can also be hit for a KO. Yes, I am implying that it is possible to KO both Bad Rap and Haxx simultaneously and score two KOs at once! This makes it incredibly dangerous for Bad Rap to tag at high percents.

Final Smash

“Nuke the Planet”: Bad Rap points his rocket-arm forwards while saying “Let’s have a little fun!” He then fires a red beam directly into the ground which does no damage but sets up for the next part of the attack. Suddenly, a capsule like the one in Norfair appears at the top-center of the stage as fire starts to emit from the ground where the beam struck. All players now have ten seconds to get into that capsule before they DIE! [/Ganon] As the time goes on, the fire looks more and more unstable. After 9 seconds, the capsule closes. I hope you’re not stuck outside, because after the time’s up the entire arena is covered is a HUGE explosion that auto-breaks shields, and does 80% with insane knockback. However, Bad Rap himself is vulnerable to this explosion, so he has to fight for the capsule as well.

Grabs

Grab animation: Bad Rap reaches out with his mouth to try to grab his enemy in his jaws.

Grab Attack: “Squeeze”: Bad Rap tightens his grip to bite his foe. 2%, but can be performed very quickly

Fthrow: “Breath Blast”: Bad Rap exhales so fiercely that he blows his enemy away in a gust of wind that travels 1/3 of battlefield. Other enemies can be pushed away as well. Does no damage.

Bthrow: “Bend Throw”: Bad Rap bends backwards while still holding his foe. He slams his enemy into the ground behind him for 10% and average knockback.

Uthrow: “Flamethrowa!”: Bad Rap releases his foes into the air and proceeds to char him with a fiery blast from his rocket arm. Does up to 16%(!) but below average knockback.

Dthrow: “Get Lost”: Bad Rap releases his foe and then whips him away using his tail. 7% average knockback

Other attacks

Get-up attack (back): “Roar”: Bad Rap lets out a might roar, creating a disjointed sound wave that extends a decent distance from his body in all directions. It does 4% with low knockback. Afterwards Bad Rap quickly jumps to his feet.

Get-up attack (front): “Head Swing”: Bad Rap swings his head upwards, doing 8% with average knockback. The momentum of this carries him to his upright position. Average priority

Ledge attack <100%: “Drop Kick”: Bad Rap drops off the edge and plummets straight into the abyss. What? After a moment, he reappears on the top of the stage, over his opponent, and continues to plummet. If he connects, he does 16% and good knockback, and the move has average priority. It even has very little end lag. In 1 vs 1 its predictability is a problem, though. In multiplayer games he will target the last player to damage him.

Ledge attack 100%: “No You!”: Bad Rap reaches over the edge with his mouth open. If he connects with an enemy, he will grab them with his mouth and then toss them backwards over the edge for 12% and good knockback. Afterwards Bad Rap will climb back to solid ground. This counts as a grab.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Bad Rap is a strange character. He’s strong, and yet most of his slowness comes into play after he’s already attacked. He’s heavy, yet floaty. This all makes Bad Rap a very good offensive force. His strength and startup speed give him great ways of punishing mistakes, and his projectiles help to force enemies to make those mistakes.

Bad Rap is best played as somewhat of a hit-and-run character. You can escape from foes quite easily using his decent movement speed and his side-special. If an enemy does get in close, you have good options such as ^A for its area of effect, A for its speed and priority, and Bad Rap’s good grabs. If you can successfully predict an attack and side-step, >A makes a great counter-attack. The key is to hit your opponent away with one of your damaging moves and then use Bad Rap’s surprisingly good mobility to put some distance between the two of you, repeating the cycle.

This tactic continues into the air. Bad Rap can use his Nair and Bair to strike at either side and Uair allows you to rack up damage and then escape once you land. Flare Gun can be used from either the ground or air to fight someone above you.

Bad Rap is good at KOing but bad at recovering. FSmash and DSmash are both excellent option, being decently quick as well as strong. Hungry Bite is another example of Bad Rap’s skills at punishing, being able to dodge as well as KO. However, Bad Rap has no recovery specials! The only recovery technique he has is that fair moves him forwards during its use, so that might help. His primary saving grace is that he’s got decent jumps with low fall-speed, and when you combine that with being heavy, he should survive to reasonable percents, though he still dies quicker than average.

OTHER

Idle: Bad Rap is standing there with his arms raised slightly
Crouch: Bad Rap crouches down and his tail slowly thumps on the ground
Walk: Bad Rap does a slow jog
Dash: Bad Rap quickens his pace, running rather fast for a heavyweight
Jump: Bad Rap jumps up…
Midair Jump: … and does a backflip. Show off
Roll: Bad Rap quickly hops in the direction of the roll
Side Step: Bad Rap ducks to the side
Shield: Bad Rap does a block like Gannondorf as the standard bubble shield forms around him.
Air Dodge: Bad Rap spins around like in his bair but no fire comes out.
Dizzy: Bad Rap holds himself and shivers like the temperature is too cold.
Sleep: Bad Rap hunches over with his arms dragging on the ground as he snores.
Wiimote Noise: “Raptors, move out!”
Star KO: “You’ll regret thiiiiiiiiiiiissssss!”
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets his own set of metal braces and his mouth is filled with razor-sharp teeth. Creepy.

Special Animations

Entrance: Bad Rap walks out of a stasis chamber like the one he was “born” in.
Taunt1: Bad Rap lights a small flame on his rocket-arm like a lighter. He looks at it for a moment and then puts it out.
Taunt2: Bad Rap points a finger forwards and says “Well what are you waiting for?”
Taunt3: Bad Rap stomps the ground and says “Ha, made you look!”
Win1: Bad Rap points his rocket arm forwards and says “Hmmmm, I wonder what would happen if I shot the results tab?”
Win2: Bad Rap chuckles a little and afterwards he says, “Well I wouldn’t expect some hairless mammals to put up a fight anyways.
Win3: Bad Rap is seen with the other two Raptors and he says “Saurian Stomp!” The three raptors all stomp the ground very hard, but nothing happens. Bad Rap shrugs and says “Well you can’t blame a guy for trying.”
Lose: Bad Rap claps his free hand against his rocket hand, with a forced smile on his face.

Alt Colors

1) Default
2) green skin (green team)
3) black skin with blue stripes (blue team)
4) red skin (red team)
5) Similar color scheme to Spitter
6) Similar color scheme to Haxx

Snake Codec

Snake: Mei Ling, do know why this raptor’s wearing braces? I thought they took care of their teeth.
Mei Ling: Oh Snake, that’s just Bad Rap.
Snake: Just? The guy’s bigger than me, has huge teeth that those metallic implants certainly supplement, and he’s got a rocket launcher for an arm! I think I could use a little advice.
Me Ling: Well Snake, since you asked, he’s not particularly fast. It takes him some time to recover from his powerful blows. So watch carefully and let him make the first move.

HAXX

My personal favorite. Haxx is not the brightest guy in the world. He’s rather clumsy and often times will spoil Bad Rap’s plans, but he has considerable fighting prowess. Haxx is equipped with several mechanical implants, including energy blades on his wrists, a drill-tail, and a metallic fin on his back.

OVERVIEW

Haxx is the fastest of the Raptors. He not only runs incredibly quickly, but has some of the fastest attacks in the game, at an almost Metaknight level. However, unlike Metaknight, Haxx actually has trouble with Kos, both from the stage and by gimping. Haxx’s strength lies in using his speed and priority to apply pressure to his enemies. Besides that, it’s just plain fun to go online with a character named Haxx.

STATS

Movement Speed: 9/10 (Just above Captain Falcon)
Traction: 6/10 (He slides a little, but nothing that should severely affect him)
Attack Speed: 9/10 (most moves come out very fast, but unlike Meta Knight, Haxx has enough lag so that there are times in which in he’s vulnerable).
Attack Strength: 2/10 (very few strong moves, with the really damaging ones relying on multiple hits to achieve that potential)
Range: 6/10 (good reach with his limbs, but sadly Haxx has no projectiles)
Priority: 8/10 (a lot of moves have great priority, and this is in addition to his disjointed energy blades.
Weight: a little heavier than pit. Haxx is the lightest of the Raptors
Jump Strength: 6/10
Second Jump Strength: 7/10
Fall Speed: 7/10 (somewhat fast. This waters-down Haxx’s aerial game a little)
Size: Slightly larger than Ike.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Wall Jump

Pros:
Fast!
Great Priority
Good Recovery
Good melee range

Cons:
Low power
Scant few KO moves
Light for his size
No projectiles

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

A: “Claw poke”: Haxx reaches out his left hand with his claws pointing straight out. Low priority, average range, 2%

AA: “Tail Stab”: Haxx lashes out his tail at just under his waist. This has decent range, good priority, and does 3%.

AAA: “Tail Drill”: the front half of Haxx’s tail now starts to spin like a... drill. Each hit does 1% damage with practically no knockback, but you can usually get in about 4% before your enemies can DL away. The move continues as long as A is held or tapped. This move has average priority.

>A: “Spin Kick”: Haxx does a jumping roundhouse kick. He doesn’t ravel very far off the ground, so the hop is mostly for cosmetic purposes. Above average range, good priority, and has very little startup lag with not much end lag. 4% low knockback.

VA: “Low Tail Drill”: While in his crouching position, Haxx lashes out his tail along the ground and spins it, hitting up to 4 times. Each hit does 2%, with the final hit doing low knockback. Has more or less the same range as his AAA drill move, but this one has great priority with very little startup or end lag.

^A: “Hopping Slash”: Haxx hops up while slashing above his head with the energy blades on one of his wrists. Haxx rises a decent distance, enough that Olimar could stand directly underneath him. This means the move has great range, and when you combine that with the disjointedness and the fact that the move is rather fast, makes this a great anti-air move. On the downside, there is a decent amount of end lag as Haxx stays in the air a moment after he swipes and then has to fall back to the ground. In addition, this move can only truly hit enemies who are above Haxx due to the jumping. 4% low knockback.

Dash Attack: “Lariat Kick”: Haxx crosses his arms and performs a forwards drop kick while spinning. He travels about 1/3 of battlefield and hits up to 5 times. The first 4 do 2% and the last one does 2% with below average knockback. Virtually no startup lag, but has a little more than average end lag as Haxx gets back up. Every hit has above average priority.

Smash Attacks

FSmash: “X Slash”: Haxx winds back and then leans forwards as he slashes with his blades in front of himself so that his arms end up in a crossed position. This move has good range and is one of Haxx’s few KO moves. It does 13% (17% charged) and does above average knockback. The move also only has about as much startup lag as Luigi’s FSmash, so it has a nice speed coming out, but there is a fair amount of end lag as Haxx resets his arms.

Dmash: “Tail Tornado”: Haxx crosses his arms and straightens his body as he spins around rapidly, with his tail sticking straight out, giving the move great range. His tail passes each side of him 5 times, and each hit does 3%(5% charged) with the final hit having below average knockback. Very little startup lag, with average end lag, with good priority.

USmash: “Double Strike”: Haxx thrusts his blades upwards with each hand in turn. The first hit does 4% and guarantees the next hit. The second hit does 4% (10% charged) with average knockback. This move is about the same speed as Diddy’s FSmash.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: “Fin Spin”: Haxx spins around in a motion similar to Wolf’s Nair in attempt to slice his enemies with his metallic dorsal fin. This can hit up to 4 times, with each hit doing 4% with below average knockback (so you can usually only hit once). This move has good range due to Haxx’s size as well as the fin sticking out, and not much startup or end lag, with good priority

Fair: “Kick Combo”: Haxx leans back as if he’s lying down in midair. He then does a left-right kick combo. Both kicks do 3%, with the first just guaranteeing the second and the second does below average knockback. While this move actually has below average startup and end lag, its primary strengths are its good range and good priority.

Bair: “Contortionist Headbutt”: Haxx bends backwards in order to strike his opponent with his head. Due to having that mechanical fin on his back, he can’t really bend that much, lest he impale himself, so the move hits slightly above and to the back of Haxx. Not much startup or end lag, and does 5% with low knockback with decent priority. Not a bad move, but definitely one of Haxx’s worse moves.

Uair: “Scissor Punch”: Haxx raises a fist, and then swings it down hard. Surprisingly, this move is actually somewhat strong for Haxx, doing 9% and average knockback, and it’s a meteor smash too! The move doesn’t have a lot of range, and higher than average startup lag, but it does have almost no end lag, and despite not being disjointed, has the best priority of any non-disjointed move in the game. I told you priority was one of Haxx’s strong points!

Dair: “Root Canal”: Haxx points his tails straight down and drills with it rapidly. It hits up to 6 times, with each hit doing 2%, the final one doing below average knockback. Virtually no startup lag but has average end lag, and the move cannot really hit opponents directly underneath Haxx due to his tail naturally being attached to his backside. If Haxx hits the ground before the end lag begins, His tail gets stuck in the ground and it takes half a second for him to pull it out. On the bright side, this move has excellent priority.

Special Moves

B: “Blade Fury”: Haxx holds his arms back as his energy blades start to glow. Hold to B to charge up, which can be done for as long as Marth’s Shield Breaker. When the charge is finished, Haxx rapidly slashes at the space in front of him 4-12 times, depending on how long he charged. Each hit does 2% and it is impossible to DL out of it, and there is low knockback at the end. Even without charging, this move still has a noticeable amount of startup lag, but a full charge can deal 24% without stale move negation, and there’s a small enough amount of end lag for Haxx to get away after doing it or try to follow up if he connected.

>B: “Super Short Hop”: Haxx leaps forwards half of battlefield on a VERY low trajectory. While he is doing this, you are free to use any of his aerial attacks. Virtually no startup lag, with very little end lag. If he’s doing an aerial attack while this move ends, that move’s end lag will be the one that’s counted. If the move ends over a pit, Haxx does not enter free-fall, but cannot use his ^B or this move again until he touches the ground.

^B: “Cannonball”: Haxx leaps forwards in an arc while spinning similarly to his Nair. He travels a pretty good distance forwards and an ok distance upwards. He keeps spinning until he lands. Hitting him during this does 5% with below average knockback and good priority. Virtually no startup lag combined with the previous traits makes this move an excellent recovery technique. This move’s primary flaw is that there is a fair amount of end lag as Haxx bounces off the ground a little as he lands and has to regain his footing.

VB: “Tag”: Haxx waves both arms while saying “Go get ‘em Spitter!” Spitter then jumps onto the screen and Haxx jumps away afterwards. Just like Bad Rap’s tag move, Both Haxx and Spitter can be damaged and KOd while the move is taking place.

Final Smash

“Primal Rage”: Haxx screams like a true velociraptor and leaps forwards a far distance. He moves so fast that after-images appear behind him. If he hits an opponent, He will bring the opponent to the ground with him (possibility of Haxxcide) and proceed to maul his opponent viciously with his energy blades. If you’ve played “Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks” think of that one Reptile fatality. Anyways, Haxx does about 50% with this assault, but luckily for his opponent, Haxx just jumps away after he’s done, doing very little knockback. Of course, his opponent is now much closer to a KO than before anyways.

Grabs

Grab animation: Haxx reaches out with both claws to grab his foe.

Grab Attack: “Vicious Bite”: Haxx bites his foe for 5%. However this can’t be performed very quickly, quite ironic for this character.

Fthrow: “The 400”: Haxx fiercely kicks his opponent away like Gannondorf’s side tilt for 8% and average knockback on a low trajectory.

Bthrow: “Spin Toss”:
Haxx holds his opponent close to his body as he spins around several times before releasing the opponent backwards for 6% and average knockback.

Uthrow: “Air Combo”: Haxx jumps upwards with his enemy and then does a short kick combo to send them away for 6% and below average knockback. You regain control of Haxx while he is still in the air.

Dthrow: “Mudhole Stomps”: Haxx throws his opponent to the ground and proceeds to rapidly stomp his enemy 6 times, each one doing 2% and the final one doing below average knockback.

Other attacks

Get-up attack (back): “Top Spin”: Haxx holds up his body with his tail and drills with it. Because his tail’s sticking in the ground, the end result is that Haxx’s body ends up spinning around several time with his limbs outstretched. Getting hit at any time by Haxx’s body results in 5% with below average knockback. The move has decent priority.

Get-up attack (front): “Hand Stand”: Haxx quickly hops up and does a hand stand kick, which does 4% with below average knockback but has great priority.

Ledge Attack <100%: “Quick Swipe”: Haxx simply swipes at the platform using his energy blades while climbing back to safety. 5% with low knockback.

Ledge Attack 100%: “Drill Rush”: Haxx sticks his tail into the platform’s side and drills into it, causing debris to fall down that does no damage. After a moment, Haxx starts climbing into the hole he made, disappearing into the platform. After 2 seconds, he bursts from the center of the platform he grabbed, going as high as the top of battlefield at a very fast speed. This has great priority, and anyone who hits Haxx during this part will receive 18% with high knockback. However, it’s incredibly predictable because Haxx always attacks from the same spot. It’s best used in free-for-alls or team matches.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Haxx’s main strengths are his speed and priority. He can perform many attacks in quick succession without too much worry of someone stopping him mid-attack. Because of this, Haxx is best played by keeping up constant offensive pressure with as little chance of escape as possible.

Haxx’s bread and butter technique is his Super Short Hop. Normally his somewhat fast fall-speed keeps him from using his aerials much, but with this move fall-speed is no longer an issue. The main moves to use with this are Nair and Fair, Nair for its all-around goodness and Fair for its range. This is your primary approach tactic. Either use the actual aerial moves, or you can try to stop short and land just close enough to use your standard attacks. Super Short Hop is a great retreat as well. Overall just use this move!

When you are up close, Haxx continues the assault with moves such VA, >A, and DSmash. USmash and ^A can be used for an enemy who tries to escape by air. Feel free to throw in a grab or two as well, particularly the down throw, as it does the most damage and keeps you in close. And when you finally get your foe to high percents, FSmash is a decently reliable KO move.

However, the thing to keep in mind during your attack is that you are not invincible. You are fast, yes, but you do have vulnerable moments. Blindly mashing the attack button will not give you a perpetual 0-death combo. And never forget that you have neither a projectile or a counter/reflector type special move, so the only way to counter campers is to either stay close (which is what you should be doing in any case), or try to beat projectiles in a priority war.

Recovery with Haxx is a funny scenario. On one hand, Haxx’s Cannonball move is an excellent recovery move, being hard to counter as well as providing good distance. On the other hand, Haxx isn’t very good at edge guarding, considering he cannot stay in the air very long with his jumps, and his meteor smash is slower than average.

OTHER

Idle: Haxx stands there like in the picture with his arms poised to strike.
Crouch: Haxx crouches down, still ready to attack
Walk: Haxx briskly walks forwards
Dash: Haxx franticly runs forwards, looking a lot like a real velociraptor
Jump: Haxx hops up…
Midair Jump: …and does a second hop in midair
Roll: Haxx does a quick cartwheel
Side Step: Haxx leans back
Shield: Haxx does a boxing-style block behind a standard bubble shield
Air Dodge: Haxx shields his face while falling
Dizzy: Haxx holds his stomach like he’s about to hurl
Sleep: Haxx lies down like the Buddha and falls asleep
Wiimote Noise: “I’m gonna rip you up!”
Star KO: *Haxx screams like a coward*
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets a little metal hat that has a pair of mechanical arms with energy blades attached, so that he can perform Blade Fury.

Special Animations

Entrance: Haxx drills out of the ground using his tail
Taunt1: Haxx slashes his blades together while saying “MMM, time for a snack!”
Taunt2: Haxx spins his tail drill a little while saying “I’m going to make you cry for mommy!”
Tant3: Haxx strikes and intimidating pose while growling.
Win1: Haxx is roasting a pig on a campfire. He goes to bit it but quickly pulls away because his food is too hot.
Win2: Haxx stabs his tail in multiple directions, and eventually pokes it into the ground. It gets stuck, and Haxx eventually pulls it out and raises in arm in victory.
Win3: Haxx shadow boxes for a brief moment and say “I could really use a snack right now.”
Lose: Haxx claps rather happily. He’s a surprisingly graceful loser.

Alt Colors

1) Default
2) Green Shorts (Green team)
3) Red shorts (red team)
4) Blue shorts (blue team)
5) Similar color scheme to Bad Rap
6) Similar color scheme to Spitter

Snake Codec

Colonel: Be careful Snake! That’s Haxx.
Snake: What? Since when did you talk in internet slang colonel?
Colonel: No, no, no, that’s the name of the cyborg dinosaur you’re fighting. He’s called that because he completely shreds his opponents to pieces like a hack-saw. He’s got energy blades, a drill for a tail, a metallic fin, and of course his own natural abilities.
Snake: This might be tough. Aren’t raptors supposed to be very intelligent? Combine that with all of those weapons, and I’m facing a natural serial killer.
Colonel: Unfortunately, Haxx is kind-of slow in the head. His enemies refer to him as pea-brain.
*Haxx’s voice in the background* Hey, who are you calling a pea-brain!

SPITTER

Not in the pic is his goop gear, which is a few canisters on his back and arms

Spitter is the smartest Raptor. He is fascinated by modern day technology and is himself vastly intelligent, able to construct his own minions known as mecha-raptors. For personal defense, he is equipped with several tanks on his arms and back which allow him to spray various types of slime, usually a potent corrosive kind

OVERVIEW

Spitter is the most balanced Raptor but also the strangest. He doesn’t really excel in any one stat, but he also doesn’t have any consistently bad ones either. His primary strength is through several special gimmicks on his attacks, including one very potent tether recovery.

STATS

Movement Speed: 7/10 (not as fast as Haxx, but still pretty good)
Traction: 9/10
Attack Speed: 5/10
Attack Strength: 5/10
Range: 6/10 (His goop spraying gives him longer range than the reach of his limbs)
Priority 6/10 (Plenty of disjointed moves, and the ones that aren’t still usually fair well)
Weight: A little heavier than Haxx
Jump Strength: 5/10 (both jumps have the same strength)
Fall Speed: 5/10
Size: As tall as Ike but a little larger due to the slime equipment.

Pros:
Well-Balanced Stats
Good Range
Some interesting traits on some of his moves.
Several “trap” moves
Good recovery combo

Cons:
Most moves are lacking in at least one stat
Recovery combo doesn’t work on every stage
Several moves can also harm himself

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

A: “Claw Swat”: Spitter swipes on his claws across his chest to damage enemies in front of him. It has average priority and does 2%

AA: “Reverse Claw Swat”: Spitter then does a backhand with the same claw, damaging his foe while resetting his arm’s position. 2%

AAA: “Blank Shot”: With that same arm still, Spitter fires a very short disjointed blast of purple goop. 4% small knockback

>A: “Spin Fist”: Spitter spins around once while holding out both arms. The move has good range to both sides of him, and the punches have low priority but do a respectable 7% with average knockback. The move has almost no startup lag but average end lag.

VA: “Sonic Kicks”: Spitter rapidly kicks his feet out repeatedly. He kicks about 10 times, and each one has good priority and does 1% but being impossible to DI out of once you’re stuck, and the final one does average knockback. Virtually no startup lag with a low amount of end lag. A great move for interrupting attacks.

^A: “Tail Uppercut”: Spitter turns around and swings his tail upwards. It naturally has good range and does 7% with average knockback. Afterwards he turns back to his initial direction as he lowers his tail. While this move has average startup and end lag it has excellent priority.

Dash Attack: “Water Slide”: Spitter spins around on the ground on his stomach, using small bursts of slime to propel him forwards. Spitter travels ½ of battlefield and moves rather quickly. Very little startup lag, with an average amount of end lag as Spitter gets back up. 5% below average knockback with average priority.

Smash Attacks

FSmash: “Face Lift”: Spitter fires a short range blast of purple corrosive slime from his mouth. It looks like Squirtle’s uncharged water gun. The spray lasts for about .5 seconds, during which it can hit up to 5 times. The first four hits do 1% (3% charged) and the last hit does 5% (8% charged) and has above average knockback. The spray is disjointed. Finally, this move has slower than average startup lag, but virtually no end lag.

DSmash: “Ground Trap”: Spitter fires a small stream of his purple goop at a small patch of ground in front of him, which causes it to bubble as it becomes unstable. If anyone (including Spitter) touches this area, they become stuck like a pitfall. The trap lasts for four seconds (8 seconds charged). There is very little startup lag on this move, but there is a fair amount of end lag.

USmash: “Fountain of Death”: Spitter points his head straight up and starts to shoot purple slime out his mouth like one of those spitting-fish fountains. The goop goes about .2 of his height upwards and spreads apart, falling to the ground up to 1/8 of battlefield on both sides of him. He spits for 2 seconds. The slime is disjointed and hitting it at any point, at any time during the attack does 8%(15% charged) with average knockback. The slime also has the amazing ability to negate super-armor! This attack has average startup lag as Spitter inhales for his massive exhale, but has very little end lag. Overall, this is meant as a defensive attack, as Spitter is well protected from melee attacks during its duration, with possibly Ike’s sword being the only thing long enough to reach him.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: “Double Scratch”: Spitter does two scratches forwards in quick succession. Each one does 5% with average priority, with the first one merely keeping you in for the second hit, and the second one does average knockback. Virtually no startup lag combined with low end lag. Overall a good aerial attack and a nice move to use with short hops.

Fair: “Machine-Gun Spit”: Spitter… spits 4 small droplets of goop from his mouth. These function very similarly to Sheik’s needles, only they go in a straight line instead of downwards, and have low priority. Each one does 2% with small knockback. Virtually no startup lag with below average end lag.

Bair: “Sticky Fist”: Spitter does a backwards punch while his hand is covered in green slime. It has average priority and does 6% with below average knockback. What at first appears to be a standard aerial attack actually has one cool little feature. If Spitter hits a wall with his punch, his hand will stick to it, and Spitter can hang from the position like a wall-cling. He can wall-jump off and even perform another Bair to re-stick himself to the wall. Virtually no startup lag with average end lag.

Uair: “Rocket Nozzle”: Spitter points both his arms downwards and fires a pressurized stream of goop from both. The goop travels Ganondorf’s height downwards, is disjoined, and does 5% with low knockback. The main use of this move is that Spitter travels upwards twice his height, a tremendous boost in recovery. The move has very little startup lag, but it does have average end lag, so it’s not a guaranteed recovery technique.

Dair: “Leak”: Spitter goes to fire a shot from his arm, but nothing comes out and he stares at his arm with a puzzled expression. While this is going on, some drops of slime fall from his back-pack. They travel slowly but go until they hit something. If that something happens to be an enemy, they take 1% but are forced into free-fall as that one drop is enough to make you be in extreme pain as it melts your hand. Low startup and end lag. As a final note, this move has zero priority, so don’t expect it to ever interrupt an opponent’s recovery move.

Special Moves

B: “Wet Floor”: Spitter fires a blast of water-colored slime from his mouth at the ground. It forms a puddle big enough for 1.5 bowsers to stand on. If Spitter fires off the edge, the water will dissipate after going twice his height. When anyone including Spitter is on the puddle, they have absolutely no traction, meaning they will not stop moving in their current direction unless they jump straight up or change directions. Suddenly, ice appears to have good grip. This move has a low amount of startup or end lag, and the puddle lasts for 4 seconds. Only one puddle can be on the stage at one time.

>B: “Zap Sap”: Spitter once again fires some goop at the ground in the same way as in the neutral special. However, the actual slime is very different. Firstly, it’s yellow *ewww*. Next, this one is has little sparks of electricity coming from it. If anyone touches it, including Spitter, they will take 2% but be stunned in it until the Slime goes away, which takes 4 seconds. One puddle can be on the stage at a time.

^B: “Spider Slime”: Spitter points one his arms at an upwards angle and fires a stream of white goop that travels as far as Ivysaur’s vine whip. Now, as you’d expect, this can be used as a tether recovery. However, this is far from the standard gimmpable things that other tether moves do.

This will not aim for the nearest ledge. Now, you might think that this makes it difficult to ever grab the platform, but it’s quite the opposite, because this special goop can stick to any surface, not just the edge! If this string grabs hold of the underside of a platform, Spitter will hang there from his Spiderman homage, and you can move the control stick back and forth to swing, building up momentum and distance. At any time you may press the special move button for Spitter to detach, sending him in the direction and speed you were moving in when you released from the platform. After doing this, you may shoot another, effectively allowing you to cruise along the bottom of the stage.

This move also has some very nasty attacking uses. If the slime trail grabs an enemy, Spitter will immediately whip his hand downwards, resulting in the enemy being slammed to the ground. If they travel too far down before hitting something, the slime trail will break, but they will continue to plummet until they hit the ground or are KOd. Hitting the ground results in 19% but no additional knockback. This counts as a grab. While Spitter fires the slime almost instantly, his opponent does have a way of counter-attacking. The moment the slime connects, the enemy can press the shield button to break out of the slime, which also causes Spitter to fly a little backwards. Overall, a fun move to use, especially in levels with lots of edges to grab, and an effective gimping move if you don’t make it predictable.

VB: “Tag”: Spitter points in the direction he’s facing and says, “I could use some help here Bad Rap!” Bad Rap then jumps onto the stage and Spitter jumps off. You know the drill by now of how the Raptors’ tag specials work.

Final Smash

“Mecha Raptors”: Spitter takes out a remote and presses a button. He then puts it away as three golden mechanical Raptors teleport into the stage that are the same size as Spitter. They can attack by either doing long range leaping slashes (12% average knockback) or tail whips (10% above average knockback). Each Mecha Raptor has 40HP and Spitter has super armor during this time. The Final Smash ends either after all the Mecha Raptors have been destroyed or 20 seconds passes.

Grabs

Grab Animation: Spitter simply reaches out with one hand

Grab Attack: “Spittoon”: Spitter spits a small blast of his purple slime into his opponent’s face for 2%

FThrow: “Spray Away”: Spitter fires corrosive slime from both hands and his mouth, sending the enemy flying away with 14% and average knockback. Easily Spitter’s best throw

Bthrow: “Rolling Toss”: Spitter rolls backwards and tosses his opponent behind him. 6% below average knockback

Uthrow: “Jump Slam”: Spitter jumps up a short distance and then swings himself into his enemy. 8% below average knockback

Dthrow: “Help me out!”: A mecha raptor appears and punches the enemy hard in the back. Afterwards Spitter tosses his foe a short distance forwards. 9%

Other Attacks

Lying-Down attack (back): “Lazy Kick”: Spitter just kicks out with one foot. 6% below average knockback with low priority

Lying-Down attack (front): “Lazier Punch”: Spitter does a pitifully short punch forwards, not really caring about the battle in such a humbling position. 2% with low knockback, however, the move somehow has great priority.

Ledge Attack <100%: “Rain of Drool”: Spitter fires some little drops of slime out of his mouth that travel forwards in a slight arc, giving them great range. They have low priority and do 2% with small knockback. Afterwards Spitter climbs back up

Ledge Attack 100%: “Yet Even Lazier”: Spitter climbs back up to the platform and does…nothing. WTF? However, he has super-armor for 2 seconds after he gets back up.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Spitter is a pretty straightforward character to play at first glance. You’ve got some nice tilt attacks that have good speed for racking up damage, a nice KO move smash attack, and some decent aerial attacks. Fair is a nice ranged projectile, Nair is a standard attack making it easy to learn, and Bair is also easy to use as far as its offensive purposes are concerned. Put this together and you have what seems like a rather everyday fighter.

However, that’s when you learn about things such as USmash negating super armor, Dair forcing free-fall, and of course his several ground altering attacks, such as DSmash, B, and >B. Utilizing these intricacies is the key to achieving victory. Imagine, Wario thinks you’re about to attack, so he uses FSmash to activate its super-armor, only for you to use USmash and hit him anyways. DSmash is an awesome way of setting up for other attacks as well as a spacing tool.

Besides the usual FSmash KO, Spitter also has too interesting spiking moves, Dair and ^B. Dair is lethal is your foe is at a lower level than the edge, but remember that his move has zero priority, so even Captain Falcon can recover from it. Instead, try to use it when your foe is too far away for their up-special to reach the platform after fighting off your leakage. Spider-Slime is excellent for enemies who are already above the edge, but remember that watchful foes can break free.

Spitter has a pretty good recovery, depending on the stage. He doesn’t need to grab the edge right away. He can attach himself to the underside using Spider Slime, then swing over to the other edge. After that, he can use Bair to give himself a wall-jump, finally using Uair to clear the platform without having to enter free-fall. However, this might not work on all stages, depending on the platform arrangement.

OTHER

Idle: Spitter calmly stands still
Crouch: Spitter crouches down and leans back slightly in preparation for his VA
Walk: a casual walk forwards
Dash: A sprinting dash
Jump: Spitter does a simple upwards hop.
Midair jump: Spitter does a forwards flip
Roll: Spitter simply rolls sideways
Side Step: Spitter leans to the side and pulls his head back
Shield: Spitter does a blocking motion behind the standard bubble shield
Air Dodge: Spitter does a motion similar to Mario’s
Dizzy: Spitter wobbles forwards and back, as slime slowly leaks from his back-pack
Sleep: Spitter lies on his stomach and rests his head on his arms
Wiimote Noise: “Look at that motion sensing! Genius!”
Star KO: “No faaaairr!”
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets a translucent bubble-like hat on his head that holds goop for Wet Floor

Special Animations

Entrance: Spitter flies in using his Uair and then he drops to the ground.
Taunt1: Spitter takes out an i-pod and says, “What can this NOT do?”
Taunt2: Spitter spits out a small bit of saliva into the ground. A great taunt for expressing your contempt of someone.
Taunt3: Spitter jumps up and down in anger the ground in anger.
Win1: Spitter is fiddling with a computer board and it blows up in his face. Spitter then kicks the charred board away in anger.
Win2: Spitter raises a fist and says, “Lights out for you!”
Win3: Spitter pulls out a remote control and presses a few buttons on it. Afterwards a mecha-raptor shows up and runs past the screen. Spitter tries to tell it to stop but it doesn’t after the mecha-raptor leaves the screen, Spitter mumbles “Stupid piece of junk”

Alt Colors

1) Default
2) Blue Skin (blue team)
3) Red Skin (red team)
4) Green Skin (green team)
5) Similar color scheme to Haxx
6) Similar color scheme to Bad Rap

Snake Codec

Otacon: Whoa, that’s some Raptor!
Snake: Tell me about it, for a moment I thought I was fighting a dilophosaurus!
Otacon: Well, technically, dilophosarus doesn’t spit corrosive substances. Its spit just causes extreme eye irritation. I don’t think it could ever actually kill you with its spit.
Snake: Moving along, what could I do to protect myself from this guy? His slime just eats through my weapons!
Otacon: That’s why you’re a STEALTH expert Snake, not Rambo. But seriously, I want to know how that guy is able to breathe with that pipe in his mouth! That’s some fascinating technology.
Snake: You know, Metal Gear Rex is fascinating technology too, and that thing tried to nuke the planet. I think some priority checking is in order.
Otacon: Okay, okay, I’m sorry.
Snake: If I get out of this alive you’re forgiven.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Scizor is very rapidly approaching completion. I'm really trying to make him appealing for everyone, but in particular I want him to be up to snuff for you K.Rool.

That's totally
im
possible, right?

Akiak

Smash Ace
I read Dimentio and absolutely LOVED it. Great job I especially like the side-B.
Although i would make it affected by gravity, but easier to break that way when you try to send the foe to their doom they still have a chance by breaking the box.

Kenny is so and so. His moves should involve more hurting himself and dying. But i love his side-B

I only got 1 comment on Stickman. Can someone please comment it?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Hyper_Ridley: I liked the Raptors moveset (especially since they all have their own Final Smashes and unique playstyles) but I've seriously never heard of that cartoon...

@hyperhopper: You could really use some more detail on the Special moves for a start, I do however like the inclusion of the pictures though.

@Akiak: I'd comment on it, what page is it on?

EDIT: @UnSaxon: I look forward to Scizor! ^^

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
i'll go and do both i guess. i haven't thought about my OCs in a while and scourge at his most cloniness will be luigified. i guess i'll try to do what spade did with bill(which was awesome). i'll also add more detail.

also, enigma is a hedgehog(of course), spike is a porcupine and roger is platypus.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Hyper_Ridley: I liked the Raptors moveset (especially since they all have their own Final Smashes and unique playstyles) but I've seriously never heard of that cartoon...
I don't blame you, this show was from the early 90s, back when I was a wee lad. I still can't believe I thought of doing these guys in the first place.:laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Scizor is very rapidly approaching completion. I'm really trying to make him appealing for everyone, but in particular I want him to be up to snuff for you K.Rool.

That's totally
im
possible, right?
Sure it's possible! I look forward to it.

It had better be REALLY good, or else...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
*murders Chris*

**** you, Chris Lionheart! Persian was going to featured in my 2nd Rescue Team Moveset!!!
Lol :ohwell:

That sucks. Persian is among my favorite Pokemon.

Of course maybe thats because I'm a cat lover.... not in that way.... unless its a cat girl.

Now thats my kind of girl.... cat... potato.

I might throw in a twist to my moveset though to ensure its different from yours.

What do you get when you cross Fire Emblem with Pokemon.... POKEMON TACTICS!

I'm thinking of including a playable human in the moveset, with a defending playstyle similar to MYM 3's Big Daddy and Little Sister.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Where have I heard of Raptors before...?

Anyway, it's very well done. One of my favorites in the thread.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh you YOUNGSTERS with your 90s birth dates! Psh.

Anyway. I think that Jonathan & Charlotte will scare Chief Mendez, considering they will have... TONS of Extras, and be insanely long (4 Final Smashes, 3 Snake Codecs...). Kekeke.

Also, Brauner is going to be their SSE boss. I probably will whip him up during the next few days so you lot can include him into your SSEs whenever you'd want to.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Genie > Aladdin in terms of moveset potential. By far. He can turn into anything and do anything. BEAT THAT.

Raptors were epic and you did great with what you had, Hyper Ridley, although the attacks aren't OMG amazing like Nack's, them just being unique and not that much more. Still. . .What do you expect with 3 characters in one? I just feel there's a bit too many punches and tail swipes. I only skimmed it though, so I might be wrong.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Genie > Aladdin in terms of moveset potential. By far. He can turn into anything and do anything. BEAT THAT.

Raptors were epic and you did great with what you had, Hyper Ridley, although the attacks aren't OMG amazing like Nack's, them just being unique and not that much more. Still. . .What do you expect with 3 characters in one? I just feel there's a bit too many punches and tail swipes. I only skimmed it though, so I might be wrong.
Oh you will see... I am not to be expected, you know

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Oh you YOUNGSTERS with your 90s birth dates! Psh.
You have successfully piqued my interest. I already had the feeling that I was part of the older crowd around here.

If I was to ask for "sight beyond sight", would you know what I was talking about?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
WAHT

...Anyway.

So I got around to reading Tonberry now, and I liked most of it (and loved Voodoo and Everybody's Grudge, even if the latter does sound super-cheap in a longe game, where opponents have 4 or 5 KOs to their name), but there was one big thing I didn't quite get:

What's up with Karma? From what I read, it makes Ton walk slowly while he charges what's basically an ever-increasing PK Magnet, then releases it in a large cloud--sort of like the first part of Zero Laser in scale. What I don't get is how Ton's % factors into the concept. I was pretty sure Karma dealt damage to the player based on how much damage they'd done throughout the course of the game, so why doesn't it do the same here?

I suppose what I'm wondering is why it seems like Tonberry is the one determining the damage. If his charging of the move just increased the size, that'd be better--and the damage dealt would be based on how many 100s of %s the foe has dealt so far. Maybe 5% per every 100% (but keeping the nasty stun-time and knockback so it's not useless early on).

Yeah, that was just me juggling the names around.

The damage-per-kill thing I envisioned would only apply to Everybody's Grudge, while Karma's knockback, damage, and size would be based purely on number of steps.

Every step Tonberry takes while holding Down and B (making him take more slower, deliberate steps) will increase the effectiveness of the attack, although it is quite slow. When Tonberry is at higher percentages, the increase in effectiveness per step is supposed to be further increased.

I never got around to figuring out how much per step, but let's say that the attack increases by 6% for every step initially when Tonberry is from 0-30%. When Tonberry gets to 30%+, each step increases the attack by, say, 7 or 8 percent with a corresponding increase in damage.

The name is, I'll admit, incredibly misleading. Maybe I should just allow an actual Karma effect for his Down B?

Oh, and I LIKE being underrated. That makes me low tier up until the next tournament because somebody's been practicing with me when no one's looking and discovered several ATs....

The free advertising is much appreciated though.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Anyway. I think that Jonathan & Charlotte will scare Chief Mendez, considering they will have... TONS of Extras, and be insanely long (4 Final Smashes, 3 Snake Codecs...). Kekeke.

Also, Brauner is going to be their SSE boss. I probably will whip him up during the next few days so you lot can include him into your SSEs whenever you'd want to.
That...

Sounds...

EPIC!

I'm drooling. Not really, but still. That sounds amazing.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heh, thanks. As for the attacks, I agree to an extent, but like you said, these were three characters with similar body structures, so naturally they'll have some moves with some level of similarity. I felt quite of myself for being able to come up with what I could, so no regrets.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That...

Sounds...

EPIC!

I'm drooling. Not really, but still. That sounds amazing.
Oh believe me. I will take my revenge on MasterWarlord with it since it will have a stage of a similar size like his Cortex & Tiny one, and they will be comparably long overall.

They will be going to win this contest, and by win, I really mean win. You'll see. They'll be Spadefox' masterpiece - especially because I love Portrait of Ruin to freaking DEATH.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Chris and Spade each win 10Snarfs.

*considers doing a Lion-O and/or Mumm-Ra moveset*

Status
Not open for further replies.