• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
@Shake~: I only hate ported attacks when A) they're boring and B) the character has potential otherwise. In the last contest one of the better posters submitted two Street Fighter movesets, which consisted entirely of ported attacks. But in that case, it'd almost be a crime to make them without that--and the actual characters didn't have rocket packs strapped to their backs, either. :chuckle:.
I was talking about my boss since all of it's moves are ported. Marina's moves were pretty generic when you reviewed her, I'll admit ;D.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
May is cool and all, but it would be interesting if the gameplay mechanic was a bit different from pokemon trainer`s...( all three are starters, all switch the same way, fatigue, all three are different evolutions)
Also a lot of moves are lacking detail to know exactly what they do.

Examples:
Waterfall: Mudkip creates a vertical wave of water to try to recover. Does variable damage. (what do you mean "varible?)

Sprays water to knock the opponent back. Does variable damage. The attack is fast, but the knockback is weak. (again with "variable" Also, how far does the water go? Does it go in a straight line? Does it fall? Can it be aimed?)

Grovyle performs two upward slash attacks with both of its arms. First hit inflicts 7% damage, while the last hit inflicts up to 13% damage. Knockback is strongest with the second hit, and the second hit deals up to 22% damage when fully charged. Attack is fast and not very laggy.(want to give us an idea f the range of the move, other than "upward"? How does he slash his arms? A lot of your moves say "upward" or "low angled" but dont say how FAR the move actually hits.)

Flare Blitz: Blaziken charges at the opponent at blazing force. If Blaziken damages anyone upon executing this move, the opponent can take up to 25% damage. However, the damage decreases to 10% damage afterwards. The move is a bit slow in execution.(How far does Blaziken run? Can you tell him where to run? can he run in the air? Does he literally follow an opponent, like Sonic`s homing attack?If so, how far does it home in on an opponent?)

There are many moves that lack the sort of detail we are expecting all the way in MYM4.

But you got my favorite form of each hoenn starter and the layout is nice..Good Job :D
I'll be continuing to add more accuracy to the moveset whenever possible. May is my biggest moveset made so far, so I wouldn't want it to go to waste.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Blaziken would be considered a fast hitting midweight (on the heavy side)
Even though its real speed is pretty average.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
OMG this thread moves too fast! All I know is that some cool move set was posted last page.

Yarg, if you're all really lucky, Black Doom might be up today, but don't count on it.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I have bad news =(. I got a bunch of homework (and a headache, which I probably just spent too much time sleeping off) today so Isaac is going to be delayed. Thursday at the earliest.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
yay@tehrecognitions (I'll change the attack name color EVENTUALLY)

I'm assuming that whatever creativity I have has a certain limit when it comes to making movesets, and that sooner or later it'll fizzle out and I won't be able to make any more of quality.

Assuming this hasn't happened yet (critique my Plok moveset more so I know) has anybody had the audacity to do any characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Wait, I'm sure someone linked it to someone somewhere, or a detailed list is in someone's sig. I'll find it later.

I was thinking about doing the S.O.S. Brigade girls, Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki in one moveset. Although I'll confess, the idea came after reading that Aqua Teen Hunger Force one that might have actually been in MYM3.

And I know the old fart jokes have ceased several pages back, but for those of you who can remember, wouldn't Master/Crazy Hand wearing a giant Power Glove (the NES controller) make an awesome boss? He could like, make everyone's controls suck, or something.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Man, Im not a lucky man so i guess tomorrow. Black Doom my fav Sonic villian
Yay, fellow Black Doom fan!

Hopefully this move set will gain him some new respect, I think he's only hated becuase of what game he was in (which was admiattadley mediocre, but still, it wasn't Black Doom's fault!)

If he does show up today, it would be before 10pm eastern time.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Wow not much has happened today, though there was a good moveset a page back.

I'll be posting Ashencroft tonight, but I'm going to wait till Warlord gets here, seeing how he is looking forward to it more than just about any set on my list. I've already got it ready, BB code and everything.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wow not much has happened today, though there was a good moveset a page back.

I'll be posting Ashencroft tonight, but I'm going to wait till Warlord gets here, seeing how he is looking forward to it more than just about any set on my list. I've already got it ready, BB code and everything.
So is this a remake of Ashencroft from MYM3, or a new form?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yay, fellow Black Doom fan!

Hopefully this move set will gain him some new respect, I think he's only hated becuase of what game he was in (which was admiattadley mediocre, but still, it wasn't Black Doom's fault!)

If he does show up today, it would be before 10pm eastern time.
I will be up if finishing Aladdin and Genie doesnt knock me out.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That's quite impressive in and of itself, Chris. I mean, I'm remaking my Sir Kibble moveset from MYM2, and despite this being a complete remake, I'm copying at least two moves so far. I've still got the Tilts and the Aerials to come up with, too, and those will be tought not to copy, at least to some extent.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm assuming that whatever creativity I have has a certain limit when it comes to making movesets, and that sooner or later it'll fizzle out and I won't be able to make any more of quality.
And yet I'm still going pretty strong (I think) after...8 movesets, not counting ones I haven't posted yet/were done last year, before MYM existed.

has anybody had the audacity to do any characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
No they have not. I know this for a fact. But now that you've hinted at it, I'm hereby Anti-Mendez Pork Barrelling© you into doing one. :bee:

And I know the old fart jokes have ceased several pages back, but for those of you who can remember, wouldn't Master/Crazy Hand wearing a giant Power Glove (the NES controller) make an awesome boss? He could like, make everyone's controls suck, or something.
No, no, no.

If you talk about old Nintendo peripherals *coughR.O.B.cough*, eventually Sakurai will see you doing so, and include the Power Pad as an unlockable character. And then I will have to kill you.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
OMG this thread moves too fast! All I know is that some cool move set was posted last page.

Yarg, if you're all really lucky, Black Doom might be up today, but don't count on it.
Looking forward to it :).
I never got to play Shadow though, as they stopped selling Gamecube games soon after I got mine, so I never got chance to buy it, and only played the multiplayer once on the PS2 :(.
At least I have Sonic Adventure 2 :laugh:.

@Chris- Ha ha. The fact that it has to tell you on the box that it's Touch Generations made me laugh.
Did they think that some people might try to use mind powers to use it instead of standing on it? :laugh:

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I think that the season for moveset hibernation is already here, huh? I've only been seeing [color=20202020]AWESOME[/color] spam and stuff.

Good thing I haven't turned in my homework movesets yet!

^ New Mym meme.​

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think that the season for moveset hibernation is already here, huh? I've only been seeing [color=20202020]AWESOME[/color] spam and stuff.
I honsetly view that as a good thing, as that means that great move sets have less of a chance of being lost in a sea of other great move sets.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So the wiimote is a usable power glove, and the wii-fit pad is a usable power pad. It all makes sense now!
And the Wii Zapper is...

New Mym meme.
By declaring it a meme you have rendered it not a meme. Good job. :bee:

I honsetly view that as a good thing, as that means that great move sets have less of a chance of being lost in a sea of other great move sets.
Yeah really.

Anyone got any plans for page 125?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
It's a crying shame I'll be gone when Black Doom is posted. I promise I'll be the one to review it though. I'm not letting K. Rool get away like crap he did with taking Nack's review. . .

The thing that got me about Sonic Heroes/Shadow the Hedgehog and the games after them honestly wasn't the gameplay. It wasn't notable worse then the Sonic Adventure games. . .It's that the story was completed flushed down the toilet. Sonic Heroes has no story outside the last story whatsoever. Shadow the Hedgehog has nobody but Shadow, Black Doom, Sonic, Robotnik (There is no such thing as Eggman), and that ******** president and gun commander in cutscenes 99% of the time. Wouldn't it make sense for Tails to be with Sonic and Rouge to be with the GUN commander, if nothing else?

Black Doom as a character is awesome compared to the others within the Sonic universe, and I really wish they'd actually bring back one of their "ultimate" villains that upstage Robotnik such as him or Chaos instead of constantly making throw-away new ones like Mephiles.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
On the 6th day of the contest, the evil one makes his return...

First, lets have some fitting music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMX4bkNUysI

Ashencroft

The picture is not a picture of the demon, but rather a Fire Emblem character with a similar appearance. Differences are explained.

Ashencroft is buffer (his body size is rougly the same as Sephiroth.)
He wears armored greaves, gauntlets, and a chest plate (as well as shoulder guards).
His complete armor and clothes color is black.
Ashencroft is crueler in appearance (though is more human looking than Naesala face-wise.)
He has blood red eyes and long hair as black as his feathered wings.
He wields a huge sword named Megiddo (named after the supposed location for the biblical battle of Armaggedon.) The sword is demonic in appearance with black steel. It is very large in length and width (any human would surely not have the strength to wield it.)

Story:
The Story Of Chris Lionheart (Prequel)-
Ashencroft is a powerful demon of fire. He is Hell's answer to Heaven's Michael (the arch-angel), making Ashencroft the arch-demon. Not satisfied with his role as Hell's general, he sees himself as more powerful than any other demon (including Satan.) He seeks to rule the world and enslave all of its inhabitants (effectively causing an early Armaggedon.)
Ashencroft escaped from Hell through a volcanic eruption. His first objective was to reduce the troublesome kingdom of Valios to nothing. Its people were largely religious and would oppose his reign with endless valor. And so he plotted to destroy them by infiltrating their ranks, unleashing their enemies upon them, and finally killing their royal family.
Ashencroft's plans soon became successful. He became the greatest knight in Valios, and personal guard to the King. From this position, it was very easy to betray them. In one fell swoop he opened the city gates, allowing the Kingdom's enemies, the Barborous Legion, to spill in, taking the Valians by surprise (kind of like the Trojan Horse trick) and killed the royal family singlehandedly.
The royal family wasn't completely routed, however, as the king's young son, Chris Lionheart, was rescued by his uncle. After 15 years of war, Ashencroft was finally overthrown by the prince.
The Story of Sam Lionheart (Sequel)-
Chris Lionheart took the throne, uniting both the surviving valians and the Barbourous Legion into one new nation.
Ashencroft's influence didn't end with his defeat, as he was sowing the seeds of chaos. By manipulating the hearts of evil men, he created a rebel group that seeks to kill the new royal family and take the throne for itself. Once this was accomplished, he would make a reappearance and everything would progress quickly from there.
Ashencroft's plan isn't without resistance however. Michael, the Arch-Angel, was sent from Heaven to judge whether the humans are worthly of escaping an early Armaggedon. Should he find a good reason to let them live on until the true end, then he will defeat Ashencroft himself.
Also opposing his plans is the young Sam Lionheart, son of King Chris. Though he doesn't know the true gravity of the situation, he commands the Valian Army against the rebels.

Personality:
Ashencroft is a pretty sterotypical demon overlord. He is extremely arrogant, though he certainly has the powers to back it up. With cruelty only surpassed by Satan himself, Ashencroft is not someone you would want to mess with.

Universe:
The Lion's Heart (Original Character)

Universe Symbol:
A golden male lion head (with mane) roaring over a white cross background on a flag.

To Unlock:
Play 666 vs. matches.
Or
Defeat him the SSE.
Or
Beat Boss Battles with Sam Lionheart

Unlock Message:
Ashencroft, the demon of fire, has returned!

Wii-Mote Sound:
Ashencroft says "The end is near..."

Outfit:
Ashencroft only has two outfits:
#1- True Ashencroft- His normal outfit shows his true form.
#2- Old Ashencroft- This was his appearance during the Demon's War against Chris Lionheart. He is fully armored with bulky black armor and a helmet to hide his face.
Colors-
Black (default for both)
Red
Green
Blue
Gold
Steel
Outfit color changes his armor/clothes color completely.

Playstyle:
Ashencroft relies on relative balance to win. His weapon attacks are quite lengthy, but much of his power lies in fire.

Neutral Special is your primary projectile. Fairly spammable and effective, it is great for keeping opponents on the defensive. Most opponents will shield this move, so use your grab to punish them.

Side Special is mostly a secondary projectile. Decent for keeping your opponents off the ground and in their air, where your game is at its strongest.

Up Special is a decent killing and defensive move, though its primary function is to recover.

Down Special is a decent move for projectile defense and a useful way to deal damage. Mostly useful against Bowser and Charizard, being able to stop their Neutral Special and then punish them for it.

F-Tilt is a good move for KO's due to its great knockback, great range, and fairly fast speed (compared to most of your slow attacks.)

Up-Tilt is great for anti-air defense.

Down-Tilt is a superb damage dealer due to its reach and speed.

Down Smash is probably your best smash overall due to its good hitboxes, fastest overall speed of your smashes, and effective knockback. Your other 2 smashes are mostly for scoring vertical KO's or possible chaining into aerials.

Nair is a good projectile move, as well as as a useful method of self-defense.

Fair is good for scoring spike KOs. It really shines during your Final Smash, when you can spike opponents into the lava.

Bair is mostly for defending your back, but it is a good move for gimping recovery's (though this can be tricky to master due to it being a Bair instead of a Fair.)

Uair is mostly useful for defending yourself from above, though it is a decent KO move. Definitely not a good move for juggling though.

Dair is a useful edge-guard and area blocker. It does serve as a projectile, but doing so is often not worth it. Use with caution, or else you may lose many important moves.

You are the only character that has a projectile grab. The trade off is that it is very predictable with its high beginning lag. Try to use in tandem with your Neutral Special. Predict when your opponent is going to shield and take advantage of it. Once they are grabbed, use your powerful F-Throw as a KO move.

Your Final Smash is useful, but don't allow yourself to be knocked into it. Unfortunately this is one of the worst FS's in the game in a doubles match, as your partner will not be spared. Team up with someone with a long-term recovery like Pit or R.O.B. to lesson this. Of course, this isn't even applicable in tournaments and other high-end competition, so this doesn't even matter.

Overall, you should focus on the air. Ashencroft's smashes (atleast 2/3 of them) give sizable vertical knockback, allowing you to take to the skies and finish your pitiful opponent. D-Smash to Fair can be a decent combo, allowing you to spike your opponent to their death. This is of course reliant on location and damage percentages. Your spike isn't the best one in the world, so you may want to go with a traditional damage and kill. An RAR Bair will help you gimp your opponent, sending them to the grave faster. A Dair used on the edge is also decent for edge-guarding, but it will leave you without a sizable amount of your moves. Your not the best camping character in the world, but you have the ability to camp. Take advantage of your great variety of projectiles and use them to keep your opponent busy dodging and shielding.

Unique Mechanics:
Shield of Fire-
Ashencroft's shield burns those who get to close, dealing 1% per second to them. This shield, unlike others, takes high damage from water based attacks and moves such as the FLUDD.
Wings of Darkness-
You can extend your jumps horizontal range by moving the control stick at the top of your jump. For five seconds after each of your 2 jumps you can freely fly left and right, using aerials freely. You must hold a jump button to do this.
Flying (Not Really)-
Ashencroft flies around, just like Mewtwo in melee floats. This makes him unaffected by traction.
Ignition-
All of Ashencroft sword based attacks have a lingering effect with fire based animations, similar to Lucario's aura animations.
Projectile Grab-
Yeah you heard me! Your grab is a projectile! This is balanced out with high beginning lag and predictability. You have to play smart to make full use of this.

Stats:
Height- 4/5 (A bit larger than human size, but not much.)
Weight- 3/5
"Walking" Speed- 1/5
"Dashing" Speed- 2/5
Average Attack Speed- 2/5
Reach- 4/5
Power- 4/5
Priority- 3/5
First Jump- 5/5
Second Jump- 5/5
Falling Speed- 2/5
Recovery- 4/5
Final Smash- 4/5
Traction- N/A
Dodges- 4/5
Crouch- None
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- No
Crawl- No
Glide- Yes

Basic Animations:
Basic Pose- Stands in a relatively normal fashion, holding Megiddo in his right hight.
Idle Pose- Plants Megiddo into the ground. Flames occassionally burst around him (dealing one hit of 1% damage to adjacent characters.)
Walking- Ashencroft walks very slowly in a badass fashion.
Running- Flies forward with his wings, just inches above the ground.
First Jump- Jumps up, using his wings to extend height.
Second Jump- Same as first.
Glide- Extends his wings outwards at max wing spawn and dashes forward horizontally.
Crouching- None
Shield- A huge wall of flames appears around the demon, protecting him. The flames noticeably dissipate as this shield weakens.
Sidestep- Barely steps to the side.
Forward Roll- Flies forward quickly. Same distance as Mewtwo's forward roll.
Back Roll- Flies backwards quickly. Same distance as Mewtwo's back roll.
Air Dodge- Flies to the side slightly.

Miscellanious Animations:
Dizzy- Closes his eyes and places his hand on his head (almost looks like a facepalm.)
Sleeping- Kneels and plants Megiddo into the ground.
Weapon Carry- Holds weapons the same way as he wields Megiddo.
Homerun Animation- Smashes the bat downwards with amazing force, using only one hand.

Specials:
Neutral B- Blaze
A large flame radiates around Ashencroft's left hand. Hold the B button to aim the direction of this projectile. When you release B, Ashencroft will throw the flame, which splits into 6 smaller fireballs. These fireballs have a limited ability to home in on targets, though they will pass by the foe if sidestepped/aerial dodged. The beginning lag of this attack is low (not counting aim time). The ending lag is fairly low. The projectiles reach up to half of FD. The flight speed of the projectiles is a bit faster than one of Mario's fireballs. The knockback is very small (barely more than a flinch), taking nearly 999% damage to KO with one. Each fireball deals 1% damage, for a potential damage of 6% total. If one of these projectiles is reflected, then they will head back in the direction they came from, homing in just like usual on the nearest person in their line of fire.

Side B- Eruptions (Not Ike's)
Ashencroft plants Megiddo into the ground with one hand. A chain of eruptions then starts occuring from the point the sword was planted, progressing all the way across the surface you were on (making its range variable based on where you are.) Each eruption has a hitbox roughly the same as Ashencrofts body (though a bit shorter.) This is the slowest ground based projectile in the game, so it gets progressively more predictable based on distance. Unlike Link's sword plant, Ashencroft effortlessly removes Megiddo from the ground. The beginning and ending lag of this move is low. The reach of the projectile is variable, reaching all the way from your current position to the edge of your current platform. The knockback is decent. The priority is very high. The "flight" speed is half the speed of the Ice Climber's Ice block projectile (maybe even less). This projectile deals 10% damage. You have Super Armor while you plant the Megiddo into the ground.

Up B- Fiery Haze
Ashencroft releases a huge explosion of fire around himself, dealing 9% damage and great knockback to anyone caught in it. The blast radius of this explosion is large, about the size of Bowser. This leaves behind a thick cloud of smoke, hiding the demon. He soon flies straight in the controlled direction, gaining considerable distance in that direction. His wings are dripping with fire, damaging anyone struck by them. The wings deal low knockback and 5% damage. This also releases small flames that strike for 1% damage and flinching. The beginning lag is average. The ending lag is low. The recovery distance is 3/4 the distance of Charizard's Up B. You are invinceable while in the smoke.

Down B- Inferno
While you hold B, Ashencroft is surrounded by an aura of fire, dealing 1% per second and flinching to anyone adjacent to him. While you use this, you deflect (not reflect) projectiles. Releasing B causes him to cast his hand forward, releasing a blazing inferno of fire that works like a one shot version of Bowser's Neutral B. This deals 8% damage and low knockback and has the same reach as Bowser's Neutral B. The beginning lag and ending lag of this move is low. The priority of this move is high.

Normal Attacks:
Infinite A- Orbiting Flames
Ashencroft stands in place, looking like a badass. He folds his arms and looks like he isn't even trying to fight. Suddenly 6 huge flames appear around him and start orbiting him like the planets orbit the sun. These flames are a decent distance away from him (close enough to protect him from the sides but far away enough to have decent reach). This move lasts for as long as you hold the A button. The flames deal 2% damage per second and very little knockback to anyone that gits in their hitbox. Use DI to escape. This move has average priority. This move has average lag on both ends. Any projectiles that hit him are literally disentegrated by the intense flames . Ashencroft is vulnerable to aerials while using this move.

Dash Attack- Vanish
Ashencroft disappears quickly and then reappears a good distance (about 1/3 of a quickdraw) ahead. He is now facing the direction he came from. He will then launch a fireball using both of his hands (kind of like a Kamehameha for those of you who watch DBZ). The intent of this is to go through the opponent and then hit them from behind. This fireball goes a good distance (half of FD) and strikes for 5% damage and low knockback.

Tilts:
Forward- Megiddo Slash
Ashencroft yawns and then slashes downwards with Megiddo. He barely puts any effort into this slash, but it still possesses tremendous strength. This has high beginning lag for a tilt and fairly low ending lag. The reach is high. The priority is good. This move deals 10% damage and great horizontal knockback.

Up- Hellfire Breath
Ashencroft looks up and breathes fire. This has the reach of Bowser's Neutral B (though above you). This move deals 2% damage per second for 3 seconds and very little knockback. This move has low lag on both ends. Great move for protecting yourself from above.

Down- Flipping Edge
Ashencroft brings his sword down to the ground, then quickly performs a high-flipping slash. This has roughly the same hitbox as Ike's Up Smash, though it is less powerful and has a greater vertical reach. This move has fairly low lag on both ends. This deals 7% damage and average knockback (the foe is knocked upwards if they are in front of or above you and horizontally if they are behind you.)

Smashes:
Forward- BURN!
Ashencroft casts his hand forward and says "Burn." As if commanded by him, a "geyser" of flame appears in front of him, going a good vertical distance up. This has decent horizontal reach and protects you from frontal attacks and projectiles. This move has above average lag on both ends. The priority of this is very high. Deals 11...16% damage and great vertical knockback.

Up- Ash Blast
One of the deadliest parts of an eruption is the tower of ash that is released. As Ashencroft faces the screen and raises arms up, a volcano appears and explodes behind him (in the background), releasing a pillar of smoke and ash. This has high beginning lag and average ending lag, making it the slowest of Ashencroft's smashes. The reach is great, going about a body-length above Ashencroft. This deals 14....19% damage and high vertical knockback.

Down- V Split
A flame appears around Ashencroft's sword. He slams the sword into the ground. This results in two seperate streams of fire, going diagonally in both directions, forming a "V" shape. This has good reach and is the fastest of Ashencroft's smashes with average beginning lag and fairly low ending lag. The priority of this move is good. This deals 10...15% damage and good diagonal knockback (the knockback being the same as the direction of the flames you got hit by.)

Aerials:
Nair- 6 Flames of Hell
6 flames appear in all directions around Ashencroft (1 above, 1 below, 1 northeast, 1 northwest, 1 southeast, 1 southwest). The flames then fly straight in their respective directions, going half the distance of FD before disappearing. Their flight speed is rather slow, slower than a Mario fireball, but they do serve a good purpose of protecting Ashencroft. Great priority. Average lag on both ends. Each flame deals 5% damage and low knockback.

Fair- Burning Blade
Ashencroft brings his sword in front of him. A giant flame is given off by the the fell sword. This flame extends making a giant sword shape. Ashencroft slams down the sword, spiking his target downwards. High reach and priority. This has above average ending lag on both ends. If you are close to Megiddo, you take 14% damage. If you are farther away from the sword, you take 9% damage. This move is awesome while your Final Smash is active, as it allows you to force opponents into the burning lake.

Bair- Fell Wings
Flaps his wings, releasing gale force winds behind hiim. This deals no damage, instead acting like the FLUDD and pushing the foe a great distance back. Mainly used to protect from rear attacks. Low lag on both ends.

Uair- Burst Blade
Ashencroft raises his sword into the air. A giant flame is given off by the fell sword. This flame extends making a giant sword shape. High reach and great priority. This has fairly high lag on both ends, making it Ashencroft's slowest aerial. If you are close to Megiddo, you take 16% damage and great knockback. If you are farther away from the sword, you take 11% damage and good knockback.

Dair- The Sword of Hell
Just like the sword of heaven being thrown down to guard the entrance of Eden, Ashencroft throws down his sword to destroy his enemies. This move starts off fast. Ashencroft throws his sword down. It flies at a fairly fast speed. If it hits an opponent, or solid ground, it sticks to its target and releases a huge burst of flame. The final hit box is rougly the size of Bowser. This attack has projectile range and deals 14% damage and great knockback. This is a high risk-high reward attack, because if the sword should fall off the stage, you will be left unable to use sword attacks for the remainder of that stock. If the sword sticks into a person, it will return to you, even if it KO's them. If it sticks into the stage, you will have to retrieve it. Fortunately, only you can retrieve it. The sword continues burning after hitting the ground, so anyone who comes close enough to it, except for you, takes 6% damage and low knockback. While you lack your sword you will be unable to perform dair, fair, d-tilt, d-smash, side B and uair. This is an excellent move for edge-guarding and for blocking off certain parts of the stage.

Miscellanious Attacks:
Ledge Attack- Flame Foot
Ash jumps up kicks his foe as his leg bursts into flame. Low lag on both ends. Good reach. Good priority. 6% damage and decent knockback.

Get Up Attack- Hell Aura
Ashencroft jums up and is surrounded by an aura of flames. This deals 3 hits of 2% damage. Decent reach. Low lag on both ends. Great priority.

Grabs/Throws:
Grab- Burning Earth
Ashencroft has one of the most unique grabs in the game. This auto-targets the nearest foe. Ashencroft points at the nearest foe. The ground below them glows bright red. In about 1.3 seconds (giving them time to react), they are stuck to the ground. Ashencroft then flies to that foe very quickly. This is effectively a projectile grab. This grab is just as easy to escape from as a normal grab. This has low beginning lag but high ending lag.

Grab Attack- Incinerate
Ashencroft's hand lights on fire. He says "Now.... You Burn." He then grabs the foe and they are set on fire. This has very low beginning lag for a grab attack, and deals 6% damage to compensate for it.

F-Throw- Burning Touch
Ashencroft's index finger (left hand) lights on fire. He says "Pathetic... I'll only need one finger to kill you." He then touches them with the flaming digit, dealing 6% damage and sending them flying as far horizontally as Mewtwo's Up-Throw launches people vertically. High beginning lag for a throw, so may be useless in FFA's.

Back Throw- Backstab
Ashencroft disappears and reappear's behind the trapped foe. He then stabs them in the back with his sword. Deals 10% damage but low knockback.

Up Throw- Erupt
Ash lifts one hand in the air. An eruption happens under his foe's feet, sending them flying in the air. Great vertical knockback and 7% damage.

Down Throw- The End
Ash knocks his foe to the ground. He then stabs them with his sword. 12% damage and no knockback.

None of these grabs/throws can chain.

Final Smash:
The Lake Of Fire-
"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone."
~Revelations 20:15
Ashencroft calls upon the lake of fire, covering the entire main area of the stage in fire. Anyone who comes into contact with this (including Ashencroft and his allies) are struck for the same damage and knockback as the lava/acid on Metroid stages. Ashencroft gains permanent flight during this Final Smash. Use this to pursue foes and hit them with your specials and aerial attacks.
This lasts for 20 seconds.

Taunts:
Up- Demon Roar
Ashencroft flaps his wings and lets out a terrifying roar that could even strike fear into the heart of Link.
Side- Number of the Beast
Ashencroft plants his sword into the ground. Suddenly 3 red 6's appear burning into the blade of his sword.
Down- Arrogance
Ashencroft says "None of you are worthly."

Lose Pose:
Ashencroft claps in a sarcastic manner. Once his opponent is done speaking, he says "Now, witness true power!" He throws a huge fireball at the victor, which the victor dodges. It hits the camera, killing the announcer. 666 DAMAGE!

Victory Pose:
Up- Skies Of Darkness
The skies blacken. The world is covered in fire. Ashencroft flies through the night sky, laughing at the fate of humanity.
Side- The Pain of Loss
All of the match's losers are set on fire! A chair of bones rises from the ground. Ashencroft sits back and watches his opponent's become extra crispy.
Down- Pathetic Souls
In a tribute to Nightmare, Ashencroft says "YOUR PATHETIC SOULS ARE WORTHLESS!"

Pros:
Good recovery.
Powerful.
Great reach.
A useful assortment of projectiles.
Great edgeguarding move (Dair).
Powerful Final Smash.
Possesses a spike.
Can glide.

Cons:
Large target
Light for his size
Attacks tend to be slow.
Dair is risky and can leave you without several important moves (D-Tilt, D-Smash, Fair, Uair, Side Special, Dair).
Lacks the ability to wall jump, wall cling, and crawl.

Extras:

Stages:
Castle Lionheart-
Castle Lionheart is the home of the Valian Royal Family. In this stage, you fight in the courtyard. Unfortunately for everyone in the match, a battle is going on at the moment.
Stage Layout- A basic flat layout. With walk off-edges.
Stage Effects:
Stage Effect 1-
Rebel soldiers enter the battlefield. They are hard to defeat and consists of several types:
Sword Soldier- Specializes in quick, weak attacks.
Spear/Halberd Soldier- Specializes in well balanced, far reaching attacks.
Axe/Mace Soldier- Specializes in powerful, slow attacks.
Bow Soldier- Specializes in projectiles.
Stage Effect 2-
A catapult is fired, launching a boulder into the battlefield. 20% damage and high knockback
Stage Effect 3-
A volley of arrows is fired on the stage, producing an effect equal to the volley game in the Wario Ware stage. Before this happens, you hear a commander scream... "ARCHERS... GET READY...VOLLEY!"

Hell-
After being defeated by Chris Lionheart, Ashencroft was sent back to hell. You do not want to fight him on his home turf.
Stage Layout- A basic layout, perfectly tourney legal. More specifically, the layout is a mostly flat surface with several stalagmite/stalagtite (whichever one comes out of the floor) platforms. In the background you can see a lake of fire and many demons flying around.
Stage Effects- None

Music:
Requiem For A Dream
Indestructible- Disturbed
Stricken- Disturbed
Did My Time- Korn
Falling Away From Me- Korn
Breaking The Habit- Linkin Park
In The End- Linkin Park
Bodies- Drowning Pool
Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce

Items:
Valian Trumpet- Calls in 3 soldiers. They aren't hard to defeat.
Dagger- A fast weak melee weapon. Does great damage when thrown.
Torch- A burning torch. Lights opponents on fire, dealing extra damage on contact.
Valian Spear- A flag attached to a spear. Makes you fall more slowly and provides long reaching attacks.
Halberd- An axe with a long reaching attack. It has a sourspot and a sweetspot.
Megiddo- The sword of Hell! Pick this up and you will instantly be possessed, gaining Ashencroft's moveset for 30 seconds.

Assist Trophies:
Band Of Legacy-
One of the lesser members of The Band Of Legacy appears and joins the frey.
Lucas-
Lucas enters the fight saying "You need my help already?" *facepalms* "Oh, all right."
Lucas fights aggressively with a broad sword, using a moveset just like Sam's. His artificial intelligence is very good and he is invinceable, so don't count on getting rid of him.
After 20 seconds he says "All right... I'm leaving. Try not to call for my help to soon."
He then leaves the match.
Siegmund-
Siegmund enters the fight and says "Looks like you could use my help."
He then fights using a moveset nearly identical to Ike's (with the Up Special replaced by a more Marthlike move). He is invinceable and has good AI, so don't count on phazing him. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Don't be afraid to ask for my help again."
Dan-
Dan enters the fight saying "Looks like its business as usual..."
He fights using a moveset nearly identical to Pit (without the ability to control his arrows and no annoying HY-YAYAYAYA sound on the side B). He is invinceable and has good AI. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Sorry. This fight is getting to boring for me."
Connor-
Connor enters the fight and says "Here goes nothing...."
He then charges off the stage, failing to do anything useful.
General Garrett appears and says "Hah! Connor sucks."
General Garrett then joins the fight using a moveset that focuses heavily on stabs, utilizing the weapon's long reach and balanced stats. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving, General Garrett says "I must be going. I have another battle to attend."
Adam-
Adam enters the fight saying "Lets get this over with."
Adam uses a lance based moveset consisting of both stabs and weapon swings that utilize the weapons long reach and good power, but relatively slow speed. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving his says "Well that was easy."

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains Ashencroft's long black hair and a miniature version of his black outfit, as well as the black-feathered wings.
When Kirby uses Blaze he yells "Fya!"

Codec Conversation:
Snake: Oh, Hell!
Octacon: What?
S- I'm fighting a demon.
O- Thats Ashencroft, the arch-demon.
S- Whats he doing in this fight.
O- Simple.... he's going to kill you.
S- As if... I'm going to kill him first.
O- I hope so, Snake. The entire world may be at stake.

Crowd Cheer:
The crowd screams in agony. Ashencroft laughs at their demise.

Trophies:
Sam Lionheart- The son of Chris Lionheart, king of Valios. At the young age of 18, Sam Lionheart is a young, inexperienced commander with great potential. Though he is arrogant at times and often really laid-back, he is a self-less hero at heart. Sam's elite group is known as the Band of Legacy.

Kelsey- A 16-year-old girl with a fiery personality. Orphaned when she was an infant, she was left at the doorstep of the Royal Knight's Academy, where she has been raised since. With the help of the headmasters, she has become a skilled fencer, specializing in rapier combat. She is often a bit rude to Sam, criticizing him as being a pampered prince (and it really doesn't help that he has hit on her multiple times). Despite this, she is willing to help because she loves her country.

Ashencroft- Chris defeated this demon 20 years ago in single combat, sending the demon back to hell. To Chris, and every other human on earth for that matter, Ashencroft's motives are largely unknown. Ashencroft is Hell's answer to Michael, the arch-angel (making Ashencroft the arch-demon). Ashencroft believed that he was truely the most powerful of demons and went to earth to enslave all of its inhabitants, causing Armaggedon early. With his new sword, the huge blade of Hell, Megiddo, and a complete dominance over the element of fire, this demon will rule all humanity at any cost.

Siegmund- A skilled broadsword wielding knight. He is the oldest member of the Band of Legacy by far and was appointed by Chris to be Sam's superior officer. Calm, composed, and talented.

Lucas- A long sword wielding knight of great talent. He is very rude towards Sam, who he considers to be an inferior. Despite being very lazy, he can come in handy at times on the battlefield, but he is far from reliable.

Dan- The group comedian or sorts, Dan wields a bow and is quite an expert shot. When he runs out of arrows, Dan attacks with two short blades.

Adam- A member of the Band of Legacy, Adam is an accomplished wielder of lances and other polearms. Adam's personality doesn't really take any extremes, making the most adequate description of his personality "normal."

Connor- The trainee member of the Band of Legacy. He wields a spear, but not very well. The only reason why he was even invited was because Sam got a good laugh out of watching his failure. His lack of ability has lead General Garrett to coin the phrase "Conner sucks."

Michael- This member of The Band Of Legacy is shrouded in mystery. He pretty much appeared out of nowhere, quickly becoming recognized as one of the most powerful knights in the nation. He wields a very long sword with expert grace. Though almost nothing is known about him, he is trustworthy and noble, easily one of the Band's most reliable members. In truth, he is the arch-angel Michael, sent from Heaven to judge whether humanity was worthly of escaping the early Armaggedon that Ashencroft plots.

Chris Lionheart- 20 years ago, he was the Prince of Valios who fought in the great war, which has now become known as the Demons War. It was his blade that slew the demon, Ashencroft. Time has made him weaker, though he still possesses strength greater than that of the average human. He is the father of Sam.

Ryann Trueshot- The mother of Sam Lionheart. In her younger years, she was reknowned as the best archer in the land. She has been a close friend of Chris ever since the beginning of The Demons War, and hasn't left his side since. They were married shortly after that war ended.

Arden Marten- Chris's cousin and Sam's uncle. Arden has been promoted to commander of the capital city guard and has remained a very competent spearman. Similarities between the halberd and the spear have allowed Sam to take some lessons from Arden. Arden is infamous for being a womaniser, though he has really just been searching for the right woman.

Travis- One of Chris's best friends. This talented halberd wielding knight has been promoted to the ranks of general. He has tought Sam how to become an expert at halberd combat. He is very intelligent, but if you call him a nerd, he will kick your ***.

John- One of Chris's friends. This mace knight has been promoted to the ranks of a general. Personality wise, he is rather normal, but he lacks a since of humor.

Gawain- Unlike most of Chris's friends, Gawain is rather shy. Despite this, he is talented with a longsword and has become a respected general.

Garrett- True to his name, which means "strong with a spear", this snide and arrogant friend of Chris does indeed wield a spear. He is known as the relentless Valian general, because he is a bit more aggressive than the other great Valian generals. Somehow no matter how rude he is to others, they usually like him back.

Catlin- This friend of Chris believes that speed is greater than power, and his quick axe style reflects it. Despite his status as a general, he is often teased for his horrible looking mullet. His personality can best be described as eccentric.

The Angel Of Death- The infamous leader of the Legion Rebel group. Little is known about this man, but he is greatly feared by many. He appears on battle wielding a scythe and wearing chain mail (which is hidden by black robes.) He is a force to be reckoned with, as many soldiers have learned the hard way. His only desire is to kill, and he wants to be king only to command the valian armies and use them to take many innocent lives. Because of his abilities and simple-minded desire he has become known as "The Angel of Death."

Stickers:
Sam Lionheart- Weapon +30
Kelsey- Weapon +20
Chris Lionheart- Slashing +30
Ryann Trueshot- Projectiles +30
Ashencroft- Fire +50
The Angel of Death- Darkness +30
Lucas- Weapon & Slashing +30, Sleep Duration +50%
Connor- You automatically suck.
Siegmund- Knockback +30%
Adam- Spear +20
Dan- Projectiles +20
Michael- Light/Energy +50
Garrett- Double damage on stabbing/piercing attacks and specials (including arrows).
Catlin- Movement speed doubles.
Gawain- Sword +30
John- Blunt +30
Travis- Adds tipper bonus.
Arden- Spear +30

Related Event Matches:
#50- Demon From Hell
Playable Characters- Sam Lionheart
Objective- Defeat Ashencroft (Boss)
Stage- Hell
Song- Through The Fire And The Flames (Dragonforce)

Bosses:
Ashencroft-
Sam's dad defeated him, but will Sam also have to face one of Hell's strongest demons?

Attacks-
Flaming Sword- Ashencroft's sword is ignited for the entire fight, causing a lingering effect after all slashes.

Demon Slashes- Basic sword attacks used randomly during the fight. The knockback is small. Each slash has noticeable lag. 5>20%

Apocalypse Slash- Ashencroft lifts his sword high above his head and slams it into the ground, creating a huge eruption of fire (like a fully charged Roy Neutral B in Melee except bigger.) Very high knockback, can OHKO in Intense. Very slow attack with great reach.
20>50%

Demonic Assault- A basic horizontal slash made while flying to the opponent (like Quickdraw). Decent knockback. Similar to Ridley's flying attack. 10>30%

Hellfire Aura- An aura of flame temporarily surrounds him, hurting foes in melee range (lasts 5 seconds). 1%>5% per second

Inferno Edge- Sends a wave of fire out of his sword that travels straight across the stage. Good knockback. The wave flies slightly slow. 10>20%

Rising Volcano- Points forwards with his sword. A burst of molten fire erupts under his opponent's location. Very high knockback. Similar to one of Rayquaza's attacks, but slower and with greater power and width. 20>50%

Lake of Fire- Ashencroft's strongest attack by far. Ashencroft raises his sword in the air and says "Now... go to hell!" The background of the stage becomes the color of lava, and a giant wave of fire and burning sulfur heads right for the stage. The only way to avoid this move is to properly sidestep/airdodge/roll at the exact time the move would hit. If you don't dodge this, you will be OHKO'd.! The move doesn't do a set damage amount, instead bringing your characters damage percentage right to 666% if it hits, but damage doesn't matter because of the massive knockback.

Hp- 600>3000
Size- Rougly that of Ganondorf. Wingspan is between 10-20 feet.
Mobile- Yes
Difficulty- 5/5 (A real pain in the ***.)

Subspace Emissary Role:
To Be Revealed

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, teh crappiness... It tempts me to make a crappy moveset.

EDIT: Lol, this probably looks awful. Directed at Warlord's crappy K. Rool moveset. Ashencroft is totally awesome.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
LOL at playing 666 matches to unlock Ashencroft. And he has a good amount of variety in his moves at a glance instead of generic sword swings (though they are still present, but a sword character needs a few sword attacks to make sense, so it's forgivable)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Ashencroft is by far the best of your movesets, I'd be happy to review that beauty. You even included a play style section! I really like the dair in particular, it's a similiar concept to Tiny throwing his trident in my Cortex and Tiny moveset for his fsmash, but I doubt you took it from it. The unlock method also makes it insta win.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Awesome remade Ashencroft moveset Chris! I really like it!!! Though that Naesala pic gets me thinking on something.....

And thank you for your comment on Ilyana Tanookie. Congratulations. You are now officially cool (for doing something kinda small lol XP.)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ashencroft is by far the best of your movesets, I'd be happy to review that beauty. You even included a play style section! I really like the dair in particular, it's a similiar concept to Tiny throwing his trident in my Cortex and Tiny moveset for his fsmash, but I doubt you took it from it. The unlock method also makes it insta win.
I feel I should warn you right now, Black Doom doesn't really have a play style section. He still has one, but becuase the spirit of the move set would be harmed if I made a giant list of the things you should do with him, I simply provided a few ideas and left it at that. It will make more sense when you see the real thing.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Awesome remade Ashencroft moveset Chris! I really like it!!! Though that Naesala pic gets me thinking on something.....

And thank you for your comment on Ilyana Tanookie. Congratulations. You are now officially cool (for doing something kinda small lol XP.)
Thanks.

I'll take a look at Ilyana. I liked the specials you had when I first saw it (though I completely disagree with Shade being useless in Fire Emblem).

Let's see if it can compete with Bastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom