• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
As for my promises...

Yeah, they're empty. I can barely get on my computer as is.

I won't be able to make any more movesets. I'm sorry.
...None? No more ever at all for reals?

...Dude, that sucks. When you actually finished a 'set, they were always really stonking great. By my standards, anyway. :dizzy:
No chance of you reconsidering, I s'pose?

smashbot226

Smash Master
...None? No more ever at all for reals?

...Dude, that sucks. When you actually finished a 'set, they were always really stonking great. By my standards, anyway. :dizzy:
No chance of you reconsidering, I s'pose?
I honestly don't know if its permanent.

Consider it a "Moveset Coma."

If I do manage to come back, I'll finish up my Weighted Companion Cube moveset.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My poor syntax is my own undoing. I meant to ask if it's even possible for a character opposing Mach Rider to Shield Grab him while he's going fast, because that's one of the easiest ways to punish a dash attacking character.

I'm so tied down into match-ups and tiers that I already start thinking about them right after reading a moveset I like.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mm. In that case, I think it'd depend on the gear he's in. Unlike Sonic, Mach Rider's dash attack actually makes him go faster, so if that's all that Mach Rider's doing, then he could make a good living on Eldin by simply spamming that against a close-combat fighter like Bowser or Marth.

But note that the attack gains lag as you go up in gears, so the first Up-Shift (into 2nd gear) might cover the distance of Luigi's dash attack before Mach Rider can turn around, but if he's going into 4th gear, it'd take him nearly 3/4s of FD to regain his composure.

What this means is that

A) Getting into 4th gear on small stages like Flat Zone 2 is a bad idea, as you run a high risk of dash attacking off the side of the level.

AND

B) Unless you are on a stage like Eldin, spamming the attack isn't going to get you anywhere except in trouble.

...Now, I realize that none of that answers your question at all. :bee:

Remedying that: so since he's getting faster by using the dash attack, it probably wouldn't be easy to shield grab him out of it (though a regular dash, or even most of his In-Transits are different stories). However, as detailed above, that's not as much consolation to the Mach Rider player as it sounds.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I started working on the L4D moveset, but I'm not gonna go and stay up all night like I did with Marina. Don't expect quality equal to Mendez or any of the other great move creators though =P.

How long did you work on Mach Rider anyways? (Or did you already answer this earlier)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
GWAH!!!

Quotation of a whole moveset burns my eyes!! Even if it is the epicness of Mach Rider!!!

GWAH!!!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I liked the Black Doom and Mach Rider movesets a lot.

One question Mendez, does Mach Rider use his bike to move and fight?
I can't remember if you mentioned that :laugh:
/jk.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How long did you work on Mach Rider anyways?
Technically it's been in the works for a year and a half, right about. But that's only in the loosest sense of the word.

That post on the last page took me about 2 or 3 hours to write, but considerably more to do the picture(s). All told probably around 20 hours (it's anexception though, with the picture).

Super glad you enjoyed it.
Also I'm not freaking out about L4D like everyone else is, but the thought still intrigues me--did you say just Zoey, or all of them? Either way: needs more Bill.

One question Mendez, does Mach Rider use his bike to move and fight?
I can't remember if you mentioned that :laugh:
/jk.
Yeah, he does. Isn't that like, super-awesome!?

...Though I've gotta' say, I mentioned it quite a few times, and if you actually read the 'set I think it'd be--HEY WAIT A MINUTE WAS THAT SARCASM JUST NOW?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Gasp!
Sarcasm? What is that?
...... Oh, yeah...
:p
That was probably my favourite layout in a moveset so far Mendez.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Hyper_Ridley:
Golly. Black Doom is awesome. I love the Loss Pose. :bee:

@Chief Mendez:
Awesome!! I love it even more than Megaman!! It's a real beauty!!

HOW COME YOU ALWAYS MAKE SO AWESOME MOVESETS WHILE THEM NOT BEING SO EXTREMELY OVERBOARD AND ESPECIALLY ALWAYS HAVE SO AWESOME ORGANIZATION!! ...!!

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Guys, I gotta butt out of this contest. With my infrequent visits and the crazy progression of this thread (and my overall declining interest in Smash Bros), I can't keep up.

It's not you, guys, it's me and my flaws. I think you guys are awesome beyond compare and the last thing I want to do is lose touch with you, so I'll make my email address publicly available

It is: iron.thorn@hotmail.com

And of course you can contact me on my deviantART.

I wish you guys Godspeed.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Totally, dood.
HAHA, see, guys? Even Mendez, who has the best organization in the thread, does it in Smashboards!

Guys, I gotta butt out of this contest. With my infrequent visits and the crazy progression of this thread (and my overall declining interest in Smash Bros), I can't keep up.
:(

Mach Rider is every bit as awesome as I expected he'd be. Curse you, Mendez. Curse you and your creativity and your artistic talent.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

It's not you, guys, it's me and my flaws. I think you guys are awesome beyond compare and the last thing I want to do is lose touch with you, so I'll make my email address publicly available

First Naybewon, then Heartz, then leechaolan and now Iron Thorn. We are losing our female gamers

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
To be a nostalgic person and answer some questions:

To Commander Blitzkreig *bows*: I made a Batman Returns Penguin moveset in MYM2, you can look at it for differentiation if you want.

And there have been movesets for Haruhi Suzumiya and Yuki Nagato from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in MYM1 and MYM2.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've updated Grovyle by adding the attack range of its attacks. A side note is also added to clear up how Grovyle performs its slash attacks.

May

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
That was an awesome read, mendez, oh, and if there was an organisation reward, you would win hands down!

During my abscence(Sp?), have I missed any awesome movesets or news?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Another preview, so something happens, whee... Note that Jonathan's move is Red, Charlotte's is Blue.

Up Tilt

Bible
Jonathan throws up a Bible. It starts to circle around above him for a 3 seconds and then disappears in a little holy blast. Jonathan is immobile while using this move. Anyone who is hit with the book will recieve continous damage with a few hits, the maximum being 12%. However, it is easy to dodge the attack. When the circling is finished, the enemies will recieve low knockback upwards from the blast. It's a great move to rack damage or escape an airborne enemy, but since it's easily punished, Jonathan should beware before using it. It's a disjointed hitbox, but easily broken through.

Tristan & Isolde
Charlotte holds her book in one hand similarily to her Forward Tilt, but aiming it a bit more above her. When the book opens, the spirit of a knight comes out quickly, his horse neighing (it's only part of the horse and the knight, tho...). The whole thing has the size of Meta Knight, so it's quite big. If someone is hit, they will recieve 5-7% damage, and average knockback diagonally upwards. Like all of Charlotte's Tilts, Tristan & Isolde has great priority, eating a lot of attacks - not to mention its disjoint. However, it has quite a bit of starting and horrible ending lag.
There's a 15% chance that, instead of Tristan & Isolde, Charlotte uses Don Quixote. This will, instead of the normal knight, summon a Spanish knight. The move then does above average knockback straight upwards, but doesn't change overall - except for cosmetic changes, of course.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Where There's Life There's Hope!!

Those moves sound fairly unique Spadefox, lag and all.

I'd get to Mach Rider, but I want to comment on Cactaur for a moment. First of all, that is the most awesome Up-B in all of existence! Secondly, you have the vibe of the character down, which is something I think the Spine mechanic helps with (even if I'm not that confident on how it can be used tactically beyond just the odd extra percentage of damage). If we have to have a FF representative (at least I remember him being in Final Fantasy :< ), Cactaur is now the guy I want in. I can see him running around now, quirkier than Mr. Game And Watch.

EDIT: Oshi, new page. You know what that means:

------------------------------

WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING! AND THIS ONE DOESN’T GIVE UP!

Ed from the Advance Wars series has joined the Brawl!

Background Series – ADVANCE WARS:

Advance Wars is a Turn-Based Strategy game series developed by Intelligent Systems, Nintendo. It is one of Nintendo’s less famous yet critically acclaimed and respected titles. Advance Wars has roots reaching from Famicom Wars, meaning the series has roots deep into Nintendo’s history. The game series is well known for being tactical, addictive and surprisingly simple yet complex. The series has had two instalments on the GBA and the Nintendo DS, most scoring well above 90% in most reviews. The most recent instalment, Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict in Europe, because a European translation team worked on the game at the same time as the American team, but for the purposes of this moveset the game will be referred to from here on as Days of Ruin), takes an innovative departure from the previous three instalments which were known for their happy, joyous atmosphere, by redoing the gameplay format, adding greater emphasis to storyline and theme, and creating a much darker atmosphere.

CO Dossier – Ed:

Ed (also known as Will in Days of Ruin, but for the purposes of this moveset will be referred to from here on as Ed) was just a cadet from the Laurentian military academy, Laurentia being one of the two dominant nations on the planet. A meteor shower attacked the planet one day, coming from nowhere, destroying nearly 90% of human life. Ed was the sole survivor in the entire academy, living off of the food storages and his will to survive. Eventually he began searching for human life – a long time without success. The first people he sees are ruthless bandits, flourishing in the chaos and destruction, who attempt to kill him. Ed is saved by Captain O’Brian of the 12th Laurentian Independent Legion, whose army is working hard to protect as many people as they can and restore civilisation. Inspired by O’Brian’s charismatic leadership and unyielding morals and kindness, Ed strives hard to fight alongside the Legion and save whomever he can, just like the captain saved him. His compassion would give reason for hope in a world full of reasons for despair.

Quick Info - Front Line General:

Ed is a commander, and draws upon his ability of working with his troops. His specials allow him a wide variety of stage control, calling upon infantry and vehicles at will. His fighting style is short of killing moves without soldiers or weaponry, but many of his moves are quick and deal double attacks, perfect for racking up damage. His land attacks work with multiple movements, requiring button calculation by the player to use him properly.

Combat Training:

Height: 6/10. Comparable to Link.
Weight: Middleweight. Nothing too special or beneficial here.
First Jump: 6.6/10. Ed can rely on it to get him out of a jam.
Second Jump: 4.7/10. Slightly weaker, but nothing he can’t come back from.

Crouch: Ed falls flat on his belly, much like Snake’s. Great for providing cover, but unlike Snake’s crouch this has some lag as Ed pushes himself back up onto his feet. Use wisely.
Crawl: None.
Wall Jump: Yes.
Wall Cling: No.
Movement Speed: 6/10. Only slightly above average in speed.

Stances:
Entrance: An APC comes along, with Ed hanging onto a bar on the side with a single hand. As it reaches his spot, he jumps off and enters his fighting stance. The APC drives away.

Standing: Ed primes himself, staring down at the foe head-on. He bounces lightly on the spot with his arms raised ready to guard.
Idle: Ed swings his elbows back behind his mouth, shaking up the joints to keep them fresh.
Stunned: Ed’s eyes are shut as he swaggers clumsily around. One hand is over his forehead, and the other waving limply by his side.
Sleep: Ed falls flat to the ground with his legs stretched back and the side of his face on the floor.

Hand To Hand Technique:

Attack: Knife-hand strike. Ed strikes horizontally across with a chop, dealing 1-2% damage. The attack comes out very quickly and has minimal finishing lag for even a jab attack. The attack flinches the enemy, but causes no knockback. Short distance, but it gives Ed space if enemies attack him and leave themselves open momentarily. Weak priority, and the hitbox consists of Ed's arm and hand.

Double-attack: Knife-hand and Kick: Ed strikes forward with a knife-hand chop very quickly to deal 2% damage, then follows up with a side kick that deals 5-6% and small knockback. The knife-hand has tiny range, but the side kick more than compensates. The kick has average priority for a jab combo. The side kick of this attack can be influenced by the direction the player is holding the stick in; if the control stick is held upwards then the kick will kick slightly upwards, in the same way that most Smash attacks do so. Aftermath lag of the kick is 1 second. The range of the kick is noticeable, comparable to Captain Falcon's side-tilt.

Forward Tilt: Relentless. Ed strikes with an elbow for 3%. Using Forward Tilt again immediately afterward causes Ed to step forward in a spin and attack with a backhand for 4%. Using it a third time causes Ed to pull a strong turning kick for 7-10% damage. The turning kick is the only attack that deals relative knockback: the other two flinch the opponent. Priority on all three attacks is very low. The entire sequence covers a significant amount of space for an attack, giving it good, extensive range. The first attack comes out very quickly and suffers from minor aftermath lag: the second comes out in 0.5 seconds and has the least aftermath lag (minimal), and the third suffers from 1.5 seconds of aftermath lag.

Down Tilt: Breakdown. Ed instantly rests his upper neck on the floor, slaps a hand down on the floor and splits his legs, attacking enemies with a spinning breakdance. The start-up animation is much quicker than it sounds, and the attack lasts for three seconds. The legs are ranged very low, just above his head, and reach up to Captain Olimar’s head. As the attack ends, Ed closes his legs together and thrusts himself back up – the part where his legs lift up deal light damage of 6-8%.
The regular attack deals 12% damage each time it hits and moderate knockback. The range of this attack is very good sideways, but limited by very low height. The priority of the attack is strong at the opening, but deteriorates over time into low. Hitbox consists of the legs, but is of the entire body as Ed lifts his legs back up.

Up Tilt: Triple Kick. Ed strikes upwards with the tips of his boots three times, in the same style as Captain Falcon’s up-smash and Sonic’s up tilt – the difference being that it hits three times instead of two. The first and second kicks deal no knockback, instead having a minor pull-in effect if it sweetspots, but the third deals above-average knockback. Deals 6% damage per kick. Priority is high for the third kick, the second is average, and the first is below average. The hitbox does not affect enemies rooted to the ground unless directly adjacent to Ed.

Dash Attack: Incoming! Ed breaks out of his dash into a cartwheel kick into the enemy to deal 8-12% damage. It posseses average forward knockback and has accommodating range, but it breaks his momentum though and may leave him open to attack. Ed lands on his own two feet, leaving him vulnerable for 1 second due to aftermath lag. Good priority.

Codename: "Smash attack".

Up Smash: Interceptor: Ed pulls a flare gun from his pocket and fires it directly above him (start-up time of 1 second). The flare starts from the gun (at the height of Ed's head) and travels very slowly, roughly thirty centimetres a second (that is to say, if the height of Mario is a whole metre). Upon being fired, Ed is free to move after 1 second and attack as he wishes: even use another upward smash.

The flare is a destructible target: if an enemy destroys it, then the attack is cancelled. The flare stops travelling after having travelled for six seconds (by which it should have covered three metres). Once it stops, a soldier signals in "Loud and clear, sir." from out of nowhere, and the roar of a fighter jet fills the air. One second after the flare has begun to dissipate, an interceptor flies in from the background and instantly fires a missile at where the flare stopped; as in, only 0.2 milliseconds after the. If an enemy is caught in the inital explosion, they are dealt 14% damage and strong upward knockback. If the game is paused at the right moment as the Interceptor passes the top of the screen, the pilot can be seen giving a peace sign with one hand to the player.

The explosion lingers for 2 seconds. In the first second, damage dealt is 12% and above-average knockback to any enemy who touches it; in the second second, damage is 6% and weak knockback.

All damage dealt in any phase of the attack is explosive.

Forward Smash: Extra Push Ed somersault kicks towards the enemy, covering some distance and dealing 9-11% damage with regular knockback for a forward smash. However, Ed must immediately hit Forward Smash again before his feet touch the ground, otherwise he will trip. If the player times a second forward smash, Ed will exit the somersault with a powerful, moderately ranged forward punch. The punch deals 9-12% damage and deals much larger knockback than the somersault kick, but below average knockback in comparison to standard forward smashes. Charging this attack deals 5% additional damage for the somersault kick – the punch is not benefitted by this. The kick animation lasts for 2 seconds, but the punch comes out instantly afterwards if the landing is executed right, and suffers from a second of aftermath lag. The kick has a lengthy, reliable hitbox, but the punch's small hitbox (the arm) lets it down.

Down Smash: Support Volley. Ed bends down on one knee, fetches a flashing beacon with a red light from his jacket, and plants it directly beneath him. This does nothing at first, but once it is down a voice from a radio speaks, saying “Roger that, Commander.” Multiple battleship barrels appear randomly in front of the screen and begin firing a barrage of shells. The shells fire a square 2.6 metres to the left and right of the beacon (this distance is intended to be medium-small, spanning two and a half crawling Snakes, but the current estimate may suffer from the error of parallax): they immediately appear to be firing downwards, but actually are only able to hurt players a minor distance above the beacon. Roughly four shells are fired per second, each one dealing 5% damage and steady upward knockback (compare: Snake's Final Smash, only much weaker knockback). The barrage is constant and lasts for a full 4 seconds, with an extra three seconds as heads-up as the volley prepares itself.

Ed is free to move once the beacon is placed. This smash takes an additional 3.8 seconds to charge, leaving Ed very vulnerable to charge it fully, but charging this attack does not increase either damage or knockback, but if Ed manages to fully charge the attack, then he slips out a second beacon which he is free to hold as an item. He can plant it anywhere on the map, be it walls or floors, or even stick it onto his opponents by throwing it (throwing deals 5% damage and relative knockback), but Ed only has a short time to decide what to do. Within 7 seconds of whipping out the second beacon, a unit of artillery will appear and fire anyway and immediately open fire, irrespective of the beacon’s condition (if it is thrown off-stage or in Ed’s possession while he is K.O’d, then the second barrage is cancelled).

Support Attacks:

Standard Special: Bazooka:
Hold down the button to make Ed pull out a bazooka, which he mounts on his shoulder and stands in the meantime, able to move freely both left and right at regular speed. Release the button to fire – the projectile grenade moves in a straight line at a very fast speed, travels a great distance, and detonates on impact; when it detonates, it leaves behind a minor explosion for 0.8 seconds, dealing full knockback and lessened damage to anyone afflicted by the aftermath. The longer the button is held down, the stronger the damage and knockback become, but the damage percentage rate scales from between 5% to 25% per two seconds. That is to say, if released immediately, the bazooka would deal 6% damage, but if held in to the maximum it could deal 15-20% damage. It takes 8 seconds to fully charge the bazooka. The height of Ed’s jump is reduced by 90% when he is wielding the bazooka. Movement speed is slowed by 20% when Ed is wielding the bazooka. Aftermath lag consists of a second for Ed to put away the weapon.

This move closely resembles the Super Scope item, but the difference in proportion for charge-up time between them is massive. Likewise, the damage dealt is in appropriate ratio to the extended time rate. The projectile is also more noticeable, but not much slower, than the Super Scope’s laser.

Side Special: Deploy Infantry.

Press once in either direction to activate. Ed makes a pointing gesture to indicate an order; upon doing so, a soldier will instantly fall down from the top of the screen directly above Ed's position (he can be attacked, but may pass through any physical barriers and platforms). This brave soldier then rests one knee on the ground and mans a small turret. The Laurentian soldier fires from this turret a rapid three-round burst each second. The bullets move slowly (about the speed of a running Ike), but bypass most any object including characters and items in a fixed line; the only things they don’t pass through are shields, reflectors and indestructible walls. Each bullet deals 3% damage each and no knockback: the first bullet will make the opponent flinch.

The soldier does not disappear over time, nor does he stop firing; he will keep firing in the direction he was deployed in until either the battle ends or he is knocked out by an enemy. The soldier has 10% HP, and if hit by this much then he will be K.O'ed and fly out of the battlefield (for comparison, see Dedede's 'Waddle Dee' attack). The soldier and turret will face and fire in the direction which the control stick was tilted (i.e. if it’s pushed left, he fires left. If it’s pushed right, he fires right). It is possible to make him flinch and cause him to stop firing for a brief moment by use of an attack that induces knockback/flinching (as in, not Fox's laser).

Only one infantry may be deployed at a time. If you already have one up, you must wait until that infantry is destroyed before calling another one.

Upward Special: Battle Helicopter.

This works differently than most up-specials, as it is split into two parts; when Ed is airborne and when he is on the ground. Bear with me for a minute to explain:

When this is used while Ed is on the ground, hold the B-button to cause Ed to motion with his hand – in a similar animation to Deploy Infantry - for a Battle Copter to appear and sweep across the battlefield. Release the button only after Ed has thrust his arm forward or else the attack will not be complete. During the animation (which lasts 2 seconds), the opponent may stop this ability by attacking Ed. The Battle Copter comes from the direction Ed is closest to (say if Ed’s on the ledge of Final Destination, gets on top of it, and then uses the attack: the Helicopter comes from the left, moving to the right. If he’s on the right side of it, the copter comes from the right, moving to the left). The Copter swoops in low, down to Ed’s level whenever possible, firing a trail of gunfire just half a metre (in SSB terms) in front of him. If the button and stick have been held in position after the Copter reaches the right side of the stage, it will return and make another sweep, just as strong as before; if not, then it disappears.

Contact with the copter hits for medium knockback (e.g. K.Os a lightweight at 145%) and deals only 4-7% damage – at low levels, it's a nuisance inducer. The Battle Copter can be destroyed and has 15% HP when attacking: when it is destroyed, it spirals down to the ground and explodes on impact with a platform. The explosion causes no damage or knockback.

If Ed is airborne when the ability is used, the Battle Copter instead instantly appears above him. Ed clings onto the rail of the copter and hangs on as the player controls the copter's direction with the control stick; while hanging from the rail, Ed is vulnerable to attack but he and the copter have super armour, so he cannot be spiked by traditional means. Emphasis on 'traditional means'; the Battle Copter is destructible and has only 10% HP when flying. If it is destroyed, Ed suffers the most as the explosion shoots him downwards with heavy knockback and 10% damage, meaning death is almost a certainty if the copter is eliminated. Be careful now!

The Battle Copter can lift Ed up a great distance, travelling about 1.3 times that of Snake’s cypher. While it flies upwards as fast as the Cypher, Snake’s recovery technique, it is actually very fast and flexible in travelling to the left and right, and can pass through either with great speed for a recovery technique.
It lasts 4.5 seconds before it needs to go. If the player did not use Ed’s second jump before using the copter whilst airborne, then he may use his second jump after letting go of the copter himself; if the copter runs its course of time, then Ed may only use attacks as he falls downward.

In both uses, the Battle Copter is roughly the size and height of Bowser, plus an extra several inches to its rear for its tail. Note that the recovery version of this attack does not damage enemies.

Downward Special: Deploy Artillery.

Ed calls on his radio and calls in an artillery unit. (The animation for this is the same as when he calls in the Infantry and Battle Helicopter.) The artillery unit is about as tall as Ganondorf, but its barrel stretches it about to 1.5 times that height. The artillery unit lobs a slow shell from the barrel, dealing a fixed 15% damage. The artillery fire is similar to the Cracker Launcher in damage type, but the shot itself is 10% slower.

The artillery unit fires in three different directions. It starts with a straight ahead lob, striking almost in front of itself. Then it raises the cannon and fires again, reaching a little bit higher to hit mid-air targets. Then it fires very high into the air, spiking only enemies that are very high up (think near the tip of the screen, almost to the point of magnification). All three variations cover the same distance.
The shell is very slow, and a sharp enemy will not fear it unless forced into it by intense pressure from Ed.

Destroying the artillery has a backlash. 1.5 seconds after the final blow has been dealt to it, the artillery explodes with a small radius of damage (i.e. its current size + the width of one standing Squirtle adjacent it). This explosion deals a fixed 14% damage and massive knockback, and affects anyone nearby it, including Ed.

If an artillery unit is responsible for K.Oing an enemy, there is a 15% chance that the soldier on top will stick his arm out and shout "How do you like me now!?!"

Airborne Maneuvers:

Neutral Aerial: Circular Kick Ed stretches out both legs clamped together and spins in the air. The legs are the hitbox and move very swiftly in 360 degree rotations. 9-11% damage is dealt, along with little knockback. The priority is significant for a neutral air, however: only slightly inferior to Ike's version. Covers two rotations in the one attack, lasting for 1.5 seconds.

Forward Air: Swift Kicks Ed performs a double kick. The first kick looks like a straight front kick, followed by the second which is a swift side-kick for which his whole body spins (the second kick only coming out after the spin). The first kick deals 7-8% damage and little knockback, while the second kick deals 6-9% damage and strong knockback. The hitbox is confined to Ed's attack leg. Priority is very weak for a forward-air - you could use this to approach, but only if they don't have a stronger move coming in!

Backwards Air: Back Thrust: Ed bends his upper body down and thrusts his legs together behind him. This doesn’t come out instantly, as the animation of Ed lowering his head and the legs priming before the attack is played out, but it deals 9-13% damage and moderate knockback. The body suffers from some lag as Ed straightens himself. Aside from his Up and Down smashes, this is Ed's longest move in terms of time.

Upward Air: Sky Uppercut Ed pulls out a strong uppercut, rising from his chest and stretching at full arm’s length above his head, striking directly above him. This is an upward spike attack, dealing both very strong knockback and priority. 10-13% damage is inflicted. It takes a while to start up, but once it passes Ed’s sternum the entire upper body (from the shoulder blades up) becomes the hitbox. Will only spike if the attack sweetspots the opponent.

Downwards Air: Airborne Beacon. Ed plants, below his body, a flashing green beacon which lasts for 10 seconds. The power of this beacon is dependent on whether or not any Infantry are in play: if there are any, then they will aim their cannon and turret at that spot until the beacon disappears. Infantry - despite firing in straight lines in all other situations - revert to attacking at the beacon immediately: the artillery spend 0.5 seconds changing direction, but the time it takes for them to lower/raise their barrel is instantaneous. You must wait 30 seconds before replacing the beacon - otherwise Ed simply slaps the the air. The attack itself has no startup lag, 1 second of aftermath lag, and deals 1% damage whilst flinching the opponent. Its hitbox is tiny.

This is a utility move for Ed and has a long recharge time - use it wisely!

Close-Quarters Combat:

Animation: Ed grips the enemy by the neck, clenching firmly with one hand. His other is clenching one of the opponent’s arms to keep him from escaping. (Does not actually help him keep hold, durr-hurr.)

Grab: Ed swings one arm out in front of him quickly.

Running Grab: Ed leaps an inch off the ground and swings out an arm. The grab can occur when Ed is off the ground, and the hitbox is his upper body – if the target is somehow below that, Ed misses.

Grab attack: Hook Punch: Delivers a hook punch to where the enemy’s ribs should be. 2-4% damage: the attack comes out twice as slow as usual grab attacks.

Forward throw: Outta My Face!: Headbutts the enemy once and hurls them away. The headbutt deals 3% damage while the throw deals 5% damage. Little knockback.

Backwards throw: Flip Kick: Ed falls over onto his back and flips his opponent over him. Deals 9% damage, but above-average knockback is delivered.

Downward throw: Russian Trip: Russian trips onto the ground with his foe, his hand on the enemy’s head. 8%. Average knockback. As part of the animation, Ed shoots right back up onto his feet after slamming the enemy to the floor: this slows him down afterwards by 1 second.

Upward throw: Bicycle Kick: Gently lobs the foe a little above his head, then follows up with a bicycle kick. It deals a fixed 10% damage and slightly above average knockback (may K.O certain lightweights at very high percentages [e.g 150]).

Defensive Maneuvers:

Hanging: MUSTN’T GIVE UP! Ed hangs on with one outstretched hand grasping the ledge, the other by his chest.

<100% Recovery Attack: NEVER GIVE UP! Faster than the blink of an eye, Ed pushes up on the ledge with his single hand, using his momentum to jump up and do a spinning kick across the enemy. Covers a good distance for a ledge attack. 8-12% damage with unsurprisingly regular knockback.

>100% Recovery Attack: STILL MUSTN’T GIVE UP! Ed slaps his other hand onto the ledge, swings his legs under it, and lifts himself back up, somersaulting onto the ledge. The attack is predictable and deals 3-5% damage but with slightly above-average knockback. Hey, he doesn’t give up!

FINAL SMASH: NEW ERA

“Never give up hope!” is the mantra of this smash – whether it fits or not depends on your point of view. In Days of Ruin, this is Ed’s CO Power, which enables all his units to move faster when it is activated. In Super Smash Bros., it is his final smash.

It starts with a Megatank (click for model link) falling from the sky, straight down to the centre of the map. The megatank faces one direction and fires five shells from its five barrels, one at a time with a one-second gap. Machine gun fire is laced with these barrels, dealing no damage but stunning enemies, and flies in a curved fashion. Each shot deals 10% damage and high knockback.
After firing one round of this, the Megatank swivels to the other side, dealing 8% damage and moderate knockback to any enemies directly next to or ontop of it, and resumes its barrage. It continues firing and firing left and right for 30 seconds - after which it retreats back to base for repairs.

The fierce Megatank lives up to its reputation, but however it has two major weaknesses:

1) The Megatank is destructible and has only 50HP of stamina. The best course of action for all opponents of Ed under most circumstances is to destroy the Megatank and put an end to New Era.

2) The Megatank's treads are defenceless - its barrels and gunfire do not actually touch the ground, as it is too big. A character the size of Zelda or below can come right up to it and attack it by its treads with full power, but characters taller than this can still work their way to them.

Ed and the player need to work hard to protect their unit from defeat so that it may guide them to victory. To aid this effort, another ability of New Era is the movement speed benefit that it offers - Ed's drive and resolve increase significantly, and he can run at speeds to rival Sonic! Use this newfound charisma to protect your loyal troops from the opponent: help them help you!

If the Megatank is destroyed, then Ed immediately loses his movement speed benefit. If the Megatank survives the 30 seconds, however, then Ed retains the movement speed boost for 40 seconds more.

Miscellaneous:

Taunt 1: Ed stares with gentle appeasement into the distance, brushing a gloved hand through his hair and down his neck.

Taunt 2: Ed flips out a radio and holds it to the side of his face. He then puts it back in his jacket’s pocket.

Taunt 3: “I won’t give up.” Ed whispers silently to himself, tightening the glove on one hand using the other hand, smiling with confidence.

Character Review - Solid Snake:

Snake: An actual soldier. I thought I was the only one here.
Snake: He looks a bit on the young side, though. His eyes are strange; they're bright, but they've got an odd glare in them. No rookie I've known has eyes like that.
Mei Ling: Poor Ed. He’s been through so much. He was actually only a cadet when a meteor bombardment shattered his world. There weren’t any survivors even in his academy, or for miles around. The first people he saw tried to kill him out of pleasure before he was saved by the 12th Laurentian Legion.
Mei Ling: It’s hard to look at that guy in the eye sometimes. He’s gone through so much already, yet he keeps going. He hasn’t lost his nerve in commanding even the really tough battles, trying to lead armies when he’s not even ready to fight himself.
Snake: That sounds brave, I’ll admit.
Mei Ling: And look at him! He’s still smiling! He’s not afraid of you, even with your reputation Snake. He thinks he can beat you. I know it’s important to keep your cool, but how does he still do it? What's his motivation?
Mei Ling: How do you do it, Snake?
Snake: Huh? Me?
Mei Ling: When you’re sneaking past the enemy and a single breath too loud can cost you your life, or fighting machines ten times your strength, or stranded in enemy territory and outnumbered twenty to one, or if one of your friends is dying...When the world is closing in around you, how do you keep going?
Snake: *Incoherent mumbling*....Normally I’m busy with thinking how I'm going to survive. On the battlefield, you don’t have time for doubt. You need to keep going or you’re dead.
Mei Ling: And that’s all that motivates you?
Snake: ...Sometimes.
Mei Ling: I don’t know if that’s how Ed feels. I don’t think I could live for just my instinct alone.
Snake: .......I’ll... see if I can ask him about that after the fight, if you want.
Mei Ling: Really? Thanks Snake.

Battle Experience - Operation "Subspace Emissary":

Ed’s part in the adventure begins near the start. As the stadium where Mario and Kirby did battle is about to be sucked into Subspace, he is seen running up to it alone on the open plain. He is too late, however, and the entire stadium is consumed. With a scowl of regret, Ed notices the Battleship Halberd off in the distance. The cinematic ends with him clenching his fist and running after it, a radio in his hands.

Meanwhile, as Samus and others fight on the isle of the Ancients, in the subspace bomb factory, a great peril is revealed. In the sky from a large sphere of subspace comes a giant battleship. Its main cannon is charging a dark, pulsating energy Ganondorf and Bowser are attacking early while the heroes are separated! They fire one giant shot, and Ganondorf grins eagerly as the cannon charges another.

To Ganondorf's imminent disgust, the roar of a jet pierces the sky. A squadron of red-coated interceptors appear from the battleship's flank, and fire a score of missiles at the cannon. The surprise of the assault leaves the villains too slow to respond, and the subspace cannon is ripped asunder. In anger, the cannons fire madly at the interceptors, who disperse and fly rampantly near and around the battleship. In an intense dogfight they attempt to outmaneuver the retaliatory fire, but many are taken down.

This is but a diversion; during the fight, a cruiser slips underneath, undetected. Ed is seen at the stem, and points at a precise spot on the battleship's underbelly. The cruiser fires first a barrage of mighty rockets into the spot, tearing a tiny gap into the thick armour. It then launches a hook up to the top, clinging tightly on. Ed and a couple of infantry climb the rope as fast they can onto the battleship, as the CO can tell the air squadron is in dire peril.

A group of idle primids come to look at the breach in the hull, only to be surprised as Ed swings up from the bottom of the rope and enters a fighting stance to take them down.

From there, two levels are played out, with Ed as the playable character. The objective in each is to scale up to the bridge of the battleship, fighting off the battleship's defences and personnel as you go. After the first level, the squadron fully retreats, with the two commanders glaring victoriously after them. Ganondorf's suspicions are raised, almost as if victory were too easy. He goes down the ship to investigate, as Bowser reluctantly oversees the repair of the main cannon.

Several levels later, the second mission aboard the battleship is played out, as Ed continues moving up. This level has many enemies, destructible walls and other defences. Glimpses outside through windows in the background (some featuring subspace, others featuring familiar places such as the Isle of the Ancients).

At the end of the level, Ed walks cautiously through the hangar, close to the bridge. Ganondorf, however, jumps down from a parapet and snickers at his foe. He primes his fists, radiating evil. Ed cools his arms for combat as the two pace around each other for a moment, then battle. A boss fight takes place, with Ganondorf having an additional handicap depending on the difficulty (for example, if it's hard mode then he has a 180% handicap).

If Ed wins the fight, then afterwards Ganondorf is flung to the side, panting for breath. Ed is little better, having put everything he had into the match, but at least he is about to win. Suddenly a sharp pound comes from behind and Ed falls to the floor, knocked out but not trophified. Bowser looks over at Ganondorf with a friendly smirk and brushes his fist clean. Ganondorf takes it as an offence to his pride and simply rises, opening the hangar floor to reveal the portal to subspace below. Ed is kicked over the side and falls in.

A long time passes. By now the main party has regrouped, Ganondorf has made his coup, and Tabuu has claimed what appears to be final victory. The setting falls over to a lonely, isolated plot of shadow; upon which lies Ed's fallen form. His eyes open slowly, and he struggles to lift his battered form up from the ground. He tries to flex his arms, but falls on one knee as a result one of them is wounded from the fall. He presses on regardless, one arm clutching the other, looking for a way out of subspace.

A level ensues with the player as Ed, only this time he cannot run nor use any of his specials (save for Neutral B) or his up and down smash attack.
After which, and much searching, Ed stumbles upon a trophified form - Bowser's, to be precise. Looking doubtfully at it for a moment, Ed decides to revive him nonetheless. Bowser freaks out at Ganondorf as before, tossing his trophy aside into the abyss. He then eyes Ed up carefully, guffawing at his piteous state and brandishing his claws. Ed holds out his hand to him, urging for peace. Bowser is about to rudely ignore when Dedede, Luigi and Ness appear. Bowser is convinced to see reason and joins the group. From then on, the adventure continues as normal, with Ed, Bowser, Dedede, Luigi and Ness added to the ranks.

Ed is unlocked after his defeat aboard the battleship.

Poses:
Victory 1: Ed stands straight and talks into his radio. “Captain, we routed the enemy!”

Victory 2: Ed flips his bazooka onto his shoulder and fires into the sky.

Victory 3: Ed tightens his gloves on his hands, grinning to himself. “Told you we could do it.”

Trophies: [Note: click names for images of characters/locations.]

Captain O’Brian: When the meteor shower hit the planet, Captain O’Brian immediately took it upon himself to lead his army into rescuing and assisting the remaining populace of the planet no matter the cost. Though he is sometimes criticised for being naive, his faith in the goodness of humanity is unwavering and inspiring; thanks to him, many people have regained their sense of being, and he and his legion have become famous for their many good deeds. Ed idolises him and seeks to aid his good captain whenever he can. He is a defence specialist in Advance Wars, and all his units receive a defence boost in his CO zone.

Lin: The lieutenant of the Independent Legion, and acts as second-in-command and advisory strategist. She is a cool, calculated and sometimes cold-hearted individual, whose realism – or cynicism – often puts her at odds with Captain O’Brian, yet she remains a faithful and dedicated soldier throughout their mission. She serves as Ed’s mentor during the game, helps him understand the finer details of command, and is often available in the Tactics room to give tips on how to win a mission. She is a fog of war specialist, and any ground vehicle she commands gain a defence and attack boost.

Catleia: The first person Ed rescues, Catleia was found by him in the ruins of a city mysteriously. She possesses a wide knowledge of military information, yet suspiciously does not herself understand or remember how she knows such things. How can this be? Her CO Power, Overlord, offers a decisive movement and range boost for units.

Dr. Moritz: The democratically appointed mayor of Lotra city, one of few settlements untouched by the meteor shower, greets the Independent Legion with open arms when they pass by. Moritz is fond of his research, and used to think lowly of people before the meteor shower, before realising just how much he actually did care. He has a horrible knack for telling bad jokes constantly, but despite this his medical knowledge and high spirits prove to be a valuable asset to Captain O’Brian.

Megatank: The Megatank is the strongest tank ever created. At a cost of 16000 credits, this behemoth of a tank has massive armour and five large barrels. An anti-infantry turret is on the top for a soldier to fire. It moves slow on its treads, and runs out of ammo quickly when compared to other units, but the Megatank is the undisputed king of ground combat – no single enemy unit can defeat it, other than certain planes, a Battleship, or another Megatank.

City: A city is a friendly, neutral or enemy settlement or location on a map. Capturing one with infantry provides much needed funding to produce and repair units. If an allied unit waits on an allied city, it will be healed by 2 Hit Points and have all its supplies restored. In addition, they will receive defensive cover which reduces enemy attacks. Only Infantry may capture these valuable properties.

Andy: Andy was the protagonist of the original Advance Wars on the Game Boy Advance. He was a brash and energetic boy and often forgot some basics of war. Andy’s enthusiasm and concern for his friends helps him defend Orange Star from the Blue Moon invasion. In his words, he can fix anything!His units are average with no weaknesses, but his CO Power, Hyper Repair, heals each unit by 2 Hit Points. He also appears in Black Hole Rising and Dual Strike.

MASTER OF WAR - Advanced Notes:

- The Bazooka is Ed’s only ranged weapon which he controls, and he’s stuck with it until he fires it; he also cannot jump. Abusing this move only makes you vulnerable to attack.

- Stage control, stage control, stage control! Ed has numerous advantages and techniques in stage control to favour several of his tactics. Deploy Ed's Infantry, Artillery and a Support Volley (down smash) whenever you have an opening. Use the Battle Copter to mess up enemy approaches or even take shots for you. Don't make the stage just a battlefield, make it a warzone!

- The Battle Copter can be easily countered by a powerful enemy, but not if you’re quick. Is that edgeguarder getting on your nerves? Slip the copter underneath the stage and get up the other side! It’s fast enough to get you there in time! (Or at least on a map like Final Destination.)

- Ed’s regular attacks are quick combo steps. Make the most of your attack, side tilt, aerials and dash attacks to rack up damage. They deal low knockback and have very little lag, so they should serve you well in damaging your enemies, but they can’t be relied on once the time comes to kill.

- Don’t use Support Volley to protect yourself against a close enemy! Use Kick-A-Round instead, Ed’s down-tilt. Support Volley is a powerful Down-smash, but it can take ten seconds to get out if you want to fully charge it. Use it as another means of stage control instead!

- Use your specials! Ed’s got the means to camp when the need arises, with Infantry to control the ground, Artillery to lob through the sky, and a Battle Copter to swoop in and further mess up enemy approaches every now and then. Use your bazooka to fire at the opponent on the ground from here as well: force them to challenge your iron defence! It will take a good time to get a good defence up (you can’t do it at a whim, your enemy has to be ignoring you for a good nine seconds, which is a lot in Smash Bros.) but once you do then the enemy has to play a tentative game to reach you.

- With the exception of Ed’s side-smash, Extra Push, most of Ed’s K.O moves are upward in momentum. This applies for Support Volley (his down smash), Sky Uppercut (his upward-air) and Interceptor (his up smash). Be cautious of how you play your game. The Artillery bombardments can be either upwards or sideways in momentum, depending on the angle of impact.

- Ed’s approach options include Battle Copter, Bazooka and Swift Kicks (his forward-air). To a lesser extent, Infantry can be used to offset a camper or a swift enemy's movement options: it depends on the timing of the bullets' arrival!

- Just because you have super armour on the Battle Copter doesn’t mean you don’t take damage! Use the recovery wisely, otherwise an enemy may even try to abuse your invulnerability to rack up damage on you with sharp attacks like Fox's forward-aerial or the Knee of Justice. And if the Copter loses its health, Ed is spiked downwards...

- Your iron defence has a gaping chink in its armour! If you’re pulling a ranged support combo with your specials, and the enemy somehow destroys your artillery, then the artillery will explode and destroy your fortifications, and you with it if you’re not careful!

- Know when to attack and when not to! Ed’s abilities such as his speedy attacks, which also cover good distance, allow him to ridicule enemies when he uses them right. While you’re attacking have your supporting Infantry and Artillery back you up from afar! (But not the Battle Copter, Ed will be vulnerable for too long calling that thing out – leave it as a means of approach.) The enemy might get too confused in deciding whether to take you out or your troops, as the troops don’t disappear if Ed is K.O’d.

- Guard that Mega tank!

- The Battle Copter’s damage and knockback dealt aren't all that great. It'll rack up damage, but its main benefit is in distracting your enemy while you make your move (OMIGOSH ANYONE SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?!?!?). Implement this as part of your mindgames more than anything: there's no harm in that, anyway.

- Still on the Battle Copter, as the notes mentioned, there is a blank spot atop the middle of its spinner which anyone can stand on. Why not use this to help your ally in a team battle when he’s about to fall? It’s risky and can’t happen very often unless Ed falls down before he does, but if the two of you work together on it then it will save your partner. Careful though, as it should be noted that an enemy might abuse this as you try to recover, or simply try to spike you early!

- Infantry flinch whenever they’re hit, stopping their rate of fire. Don’t leave your soldiers unprotected unless it’s really really important!

- Ed's forward tilt, Relentless, characterises his ground combo game. It has three steps, but the aftermath lag from the second and third steps are very minimal, making this move very versatile. Use it to start up or continue a combo on an opponent; for example, attack a low-percentage enemy with Ed's forward aerial, then as he lands jump straight into Relentless. Better yet, do up to the second stage of the attack, then break into another move like a Smash attack or a throw!

- Believe it or not, Ed's Forward Smash, Extra Push, is part of his combo game! For a smash attack it deals weak knockback and only okay-ish damage, but it comes out very quickly and can be used to pursue a foe that's trying to slip out of your grip by a few inches. Its best application is in finishing a combo or starting one on a low-percent or sluggish enemy. It's a very good move to follow up Relentless with; just don't trip on it!

- Two of his smashes and his down air are very helpful edgeguarding techniques! If your opponent is too slow or hesitant on his recovery, you can sabotage his efforts by planting both a Support Volley beacon and an Interceptor flare where you think he's most likely to be. If you're lucky, you'll make it a real nightmare with those two smashes for him to get back onto the stage! As for Airborne Beacon, try planting it in the air to supply a constant stream of fire working against his opponent, but be sure to place it in the right place!

- For the love of God and all that is holy, whatever you do, no matter what the odds, plan ahead of yourself! Ed's playstyle orientates mostly on stage control, movement and planning in advance - Ed is not necessarily bad head-on, but he is weaker and more limited in options without applying the strategising aspect of his game - many key abilities take their sweet time in getting there. Only one of his smash attacks doesn't take six, whopping, seconds, to take effect. His Special attacks, especially the Battle Copter and Artillery, cover a lot of ground but still take a heap of time to connect. The only way you're going to be able to work all of this in to beat your opponent is to plan it in advance - think of what you can do with Ed's speed advantages to press the enemy into your long term attacks. Where best to put your down-smash beacon, if you want to really use your Downward-air or not to guide your units, if you want to guard your infantry as they fire or use them as bait for the enemy. Consider your options, then consider your opponent, and then consider how to combine the two together in order to obtain victory. You're a commander, a leader, so it's time to act like one!

- Lastly, and above all, NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

Music:

NOTE: American and European names for songs in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin are different. The European names will be listed on the left, whereas the American names are on the right. Any songs without such name changes bear (effectively) the same name.

Destroyed World/Days of Ruin – Skirmish Map Theme.
Hope Never Dies/We Will Prevail – Ed’s Theme.
Indomitable Wolf/Hope Never Dies – O’Brian’s Theme
Supreme Logician - Lin's Theme
Coward’s Flight – Finn’s Theme
Stained Medal/Madman's Reign – Sigismundo’s Theme
Ice Warrior/Proud Soldier – Trak’s Theme
Cruel Rose - Larissa's Theme.
CO Powers - Power Up and Stormy Times

Sturm's Theme
CO Power Medley - Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Multiple songs)
Tag Power - Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Updates:

1-1-2009

- Reduced damage for all moves save Down Smash.
- Added detail on priority, range & hitboxes to most attacks.
- Upward-Smash changed from Anti-Air to Interceptor.
- Revision of Final Smash underway. Revision of moves for balance underway.

4-2-09:

- Reduced speed of Battle Copter when recovering.
- New Era reworked; Megatank introduced, movement speed buff remains, attack speed buff removed.
- Reduced damage for Forward-Air.
- Added two very important Advanced Notes points, which you really should have already seen if you got down this far through the page.
- Increased time required to fully charge Bazooka, reduced damage from 20-25% to 15-20%. (Note: no change to knockback.)

9-2-09:

- Revised Adventure Mode role.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
EDIT: Oshi, new page. You know what that means:

Ed from the Advance Wars series has joined the Brawl!
Wow... you just happened to have that handy in case you started a new page?

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'd been working on it for eight days now; I wanted to get it out earlier, but I've been busy over the days.
I just finished it up a bit after my original post. Typical, eh? :p Though it's not really "finished" yet; the moveset is but I've still some more aesthetics to add.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Another preview, so something happens, whee... Note that Jonathan's move is Red, Charlotte's is Blue.

Up Tilt

Bible
Jonathan throws up a Bible. It starts to circle around above him for a 3 seconds and then disappears in a little holy blast. Jonathan is immobile while using this move. Anyone who is hit with the book will recieve continous damage with a few hits, the maximum being 12%. However, it is easy to dodge the attack. When the circling is finished, the enemies will recieve low knockback upwards from the blast. It's a great move to rack damage or escape an airborne enemy, but since it's easily punished, Jonathan should beware before using it. It's a disjointed hitbox, but easily broken through.

Tristan & Isolde
Charlotte holds her book in one hand similarily to her Forward Tilt, but aiming it a bit more above her. When the book opens, the spirit of a knight comes out quickly, his horse neighing (it's only part of the horse and the knight, tho...). The whole thing has the size of Meta Knight, so it's quite big. If someone is hit, they will recieve 5-7% damage, and average knockback diagonally upwards. Like all of Charlotte's Tilts, Tristan & Isolde has great priority, eating a lot of attacks - not to mention its disjoint. However, it has quite a bit of starting and horrible ending lag.
There's a 15% chance that, instead of Tristan & Isolde, Charlotte uses Don Quixote. This will, instead of the normal knight, summon a Spanish knight. The move then does above average knockback straight upwards, but doesn't change overall - except for cosmetic changes, of course.
Sounds like some interesting attacks, but just so you know, disjointed moves can't have priority - they are always 100% priority due to their nature. Otherwise, I like it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I fully read Mach Rider. Now for some serious commentary:

It's excellent, I don't need to tell you that, now do I? Gotta love the shifting gears mechanic and in-transit attacks. Such a simple yet brilliant mechanic.

The flaws. . .

-Mach Rider has a large lack of KO options, and has virtually no in-transit ones, limiting the use of the mechanic.

-A 1% chance for the down special is basically a 0% chance. Make it higher. People would just use it then curse when it didn't work by some cruel act of fate.

-Tourney legal stages would make the gears mechanic utterly useless.

-Referencing non existant results screen poses, saying he gets off his bike for them.

-Not enough extras in general. Wanna know what the moveset begs for? A stage that's somehow tourney legal but still gives Mach Rider enough room to ride. Mach Rider players would BEG for that.

-Too many attacks involving lifting up the front wheel, but. . .What else can you really do with this guy?

That's all I've got. Excellent moveset, Mendez.

You spent 17 hours on the picture?!?

SirKibble

Smash Champion

:(

You will be missed greatly.

HAHA, see, guys? Even Mendez, who has the best organization in the thread, does it in Smashboards!
Or you could be super awesome like me and just type it in Word with the tags as you go.

Seriously, who uses the up-top buttons and whatnot to format their posts?

If I want something in red, I type a tag just before it, and a closing tag when I'm past that part. Just as easily done in Word as in SmashBoards. I only use SmashBoards to give myself previews.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hey, I do my BBCode in Word too! I also preview a move (in Smashboards) to check for errors in the move (like if I added the same description twice), or to balance the move! My mind/eyes can't see the problems in the move while reading it on Word.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I do my movesets in the same way as Dancingfrogman; write it up in Word, including fonts and colours, and then preview it before I post to make sure there aren't any errors.

Speaking of movesets, I request a review on poor Ed up there. :<

Iron Thorn said:

As the others said before me, you will be missed. Pop in just to browse the movesets/silly jokes when you have a free gap in your schedule sometime, 'kay?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sounds like some interesting attacks, but just so you know, disjointed moves can't have priority - they are always 100% priority due to their nature. Otherwise, I like it.
As you can read for the Bible, these moves don't always have 100% priority. You can break through the bible attack if you have enough priority in your moves.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

I will need some volunteer for reading through the bare moveset (excluding Specials and Final Smashes, onlybeing A Attacks) when I've finished them. I want to have a second opinion (specially on balance!) before posting that tower up and getting crushed by MasterWarlord.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses make a movesets. For me, I just constantly edit in a post. Whenever I copy and paste from Word, it shifts up my layout. On top of that, I have to constantly look at my moveset since I include many images.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I actually write mine up (tags included) in Notepad. It's an old habit from my HTML days.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Mardyke pretty nice moveset. Although he might be overpowered. Also the moves are a bit too "long". Long as in once you press the button (mostly in the specials) a preset thing will happen. Like his up-B on the ground. You do the move and then all you have to do is stand there and let the copter do its thing. I would have made it more personalizable and controllable. Its too "planned". Also the FS is not that creative. Its just a simple buff.
Other than that pretty nice but not great. Is this your first moveset?

Anyway, I'm posting a direct link to my Stickman moveset so hopefully someone will rate it.;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5980207#post5980207

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Cactuar spines stack knockback too!

I found Haruhi in MYM1 but couldn't find Yuki in MYM2, but in MYM2 I DID find an H.P. Lovecraft moveset which was so awesome on principle and with all the references to his works that my brain wanted to eat itself. Also, there was an Earthworm Jim moveset in there so I lost all interest in that.

For the Moogle moveset, which I'm definitely doing now, I'm mostly picking out of FF6 Mog's Dances, FFTA Moogle skills (mostly Juggler and Animist), and believe it or not, I'm trying to get some Cait Sith Limit Break's in there.

Now my main concern is whether or not the Moogle will fight with his bare paws or if he will use a spear, etc. Or maybe he just swings around a bunch of random crap depending on the move. That sounds better.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
SPEAKING OF WHICH!

I will need some volunteer for reading through the bare moveset (excluding Specials and Final Smashes, onlybeing A Attacks) when I've finished them. I want to have a second opinion (specially on balance!) before posting that tower up and getting crushed by MasterWarlord.
I'd call it, but I don't know much about the game mechanics; I'd just want to look at it. I'll just wait it out.

I'M SO EXCITED, SPADE!!!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
DISCLAIMER: THE SANDBAGS HAVE DECIDED THAT MYM 3 MOVESETS CANNOT BE REPOSTED. THEREFORE, THIS MOVESET IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MYM 4 VOTING.

Batman

Backstory(in the DC animated universe)

Born into an extremely wealthy & influential family, Bruce Wayne had an easy life ahead of him. Unfortunately, tragedy stuck one fateful night; when a mugger gunned down Bruce’s parents right in front of him. Being only 8 years old at the time, he was raised by Alfred, his family’s loyal butler. However, Bruce believed that his parents’ deaths were his fault. After growing up and attending college, he travels to Japan, where he trains both physically & mentally. Upon his return, Bruce takes the fight against crime in Gotham City into his own hands. Drawing upon his own childhood fear of bats, he dons the familiar cape & cowl, and becomes the vigilante known only as Batman. He ends up fighting every type of criminal imaginable, from petty crooks like the one that killed his parents to psychotic mass murderers; from the crime families that ruled Gotham in Batman’s early years to misguided eco-terrorists who threaten the entire world. Despite not having any superpowers like other comic book heroes, Batman successfully takes down villains using his physical prowess, detective skills, scientific knowledge, and the wealth and technology provided by his family’s company, Wayne Enterprises.

Stats

Power: 6/10 (he has a few strong attacks)
Height: 7/10
Weight: 5/10
Walk speed: 2/10
Run speed: 6/10
Jump power: 7/10
Drop speed: 5.5/10
Attack speed: 6/10
Priority: 7/10
Range: 6/10
Crawl: 10/10 (he crawls like snake)

Batman is able to wall jump, wall cling & crawl

Play Style

Batman is an extremely balanced fighter, having a good mix of fast and powerful attacks. Batman has quite a few a moves that are capable of incapacitating the opponent, or for playing mindgames. He also boasts good jumping power and is surprisingly floaty for a human character. He can easily rack up damage, but true to his nature, he has a hard time getting KOs. His best kill moves require precise spacing to pull off correctly, making them a bit tough to use. Batman’s biggest weaknesses are his slightly below average weight and his dependence on a tether recovery.

Basic Attacks

AAA attack: Batman delivers a swift hook punch, followed by a snake-style knee attack, and finally a straight punch with his opposite arm. The last hit has decent knockback, but can’t KO. (3, 4, 3%)

Dash attack: Batman jumps in front of him, traveling about one and a half character lengths in the air before automatically putting both his hands on the ground and flipping once in the air before landing on his feet facing the same way he was before. Opponents who get hit by this (before he touches the ground) are immediately knocked to the ground with Batman landing on top of them. Batman quickly rolls off of them and stands up before they can get up. This attack comes out quickly, but has a huge amount of ending lag if it misses. (10%)

Tilts

>tilt – Batman quickly grabs hold of his cape and whips it in front of him. This attack has great range, but doesn’t do much damage or knockback. However, it will stun the opponent for about half a second, giving Batman a chance to follow up with another attack. (5%)

^tilt: The O-Nemuri Touch – Taken directly from the Batman episode entitled ‘Day of the Samurai’. While this attack, who’s meaning roughly translates to ‘Eternal Sleep’, is normally known to kill instantly, Batman uses a non-lethal variation. He thrusts an open palm directly above him, dealing decent damage but barely any knockback. However, if the lower part of his palm hits an opponent exactly in the middle of their chest, they suffer great damage and good knockback. There is a bit of starting lag for this attack, but very little end lag. (8% un-sweetspotted, 18% sweetspotted)

vtilt – Batman crouches down and delivers a quick and powerful leg sweep. This has a 40% chance of tripping the opponent. There is about half a second of starting lag as Batman crouches, and the same amount of end lag. (7%)

Smashes

fsmash: The Punch – This is similar to the final punch Batman delivers to a nameless (and faceless) criminal in the opening sequence of the Batman animated series. Batman attacks with a powerful uppercut, reaching all the way across his chest. This attack has a really specific hitbox, being half a character length in front of him. If Batman successfully hits them, they suffer great damage and knockback. If the opponent is closer than half a character length when this hits them, they only suffer OK damage and barely any knockback. This attack has a tiny bit of starting lag and nearly half a second of end lag. This is by far Batman’s best kill move. (16% uncharged, 24% fully charged, 8% up close uncharged, 12% up close fully charged)

^smash: Acetylene Torch – Batman swings an Acetylene Torch (which resembles a small red lightsaber) above his head twice, with the second hit having good upwards knockback and dealing slight fire damage. This is a fairly quick attack. (7, 8% uncharged, 10, 11% fully charged)

vsmash: Flash-Bang Grenade – Batman tosses a cylinder-shaped grenade directly at his feet, which explodes in a flash of light. This flash makes the entire screen light up for up to a second, depending on how long its charged. Any opponents within half a character length of where he drops it are damaged and stunned briefly. This attack has no knockback. (8% uncharged, 16% fully charged)

Aerials

nair – Batman quickly spreads his arms to hit foes on either side of him, and looks downright awesome while doing it. This attack deals decent damage and knockback. Batman keeps his arms out like that for nearly 2 seconds, getting sex kick-like properties…. only it’s his arms (lol). If he lands while using this move, he’ll take a bit of extra time getting up, again doing it in an awesome fashion… :bee: (6-7%)

fair – Similar to his f-tilt, Batman grabs ahold of his cape and whips it in front of him, but only gets medium range on this particular attack. However, Batman actually hits the opponent with his fist in this attack, dealing better damage and decent knockback. (7-8%)

bair – Batman slashes vertically behind him with a batarang held in his hand. This attack has good knockback, but has a little bit of starting lag. (8%)

uair – Batman takes out his grappling gun, aims it above him and fires it rather quickly. It quickly travels about 2 stage builder blocks above him before it immediately comes back. Any opponents who get hit suffer decent damage and upwards knockback, but it can’t kill until well past 200% damage. (6-7%)

dair – Batman powerfully kicks downwards with both legs at a 45 degree downwards angle, as if he were swinging from a rope while doing it. This will spike the opponent downwards at a 45 degree angle. This also has sex kick properties after the initial attack, with Batman staying in this position for about a second. This attack has a pretty large amount of starting lag. (11% spike, 5% after spike)

Grabs

grab: a normal grab; batman grabs in front of him with both arms.

grab attack: batman just punches them.

fthrow: Batman pushes his opponent forward, seemingly letting them go. But Batman quickly pulls out his grappling gun & fires it, ensnaring his foe around the waist (they can’t move during this). He then retracts it, pulling the opponent towards him, and finally knocks them away with a quick roundhouse kick. Good knockback. (8%)

bthrow: Batman grabs the opponent by their collar and stomach and lifts them over his head to toss them behind him. The opponent will then fall right to the ground 2 character spaces away & slide a bit. Barely any knockback. (10%)

uthrow: Batman tosses his opponent above his head and hits them with a quick swing of his Acetylene torch. This attack has decent knockback, but can’t KO. (7%)

dthrow: Batman lets go of his opponent and takes a step back, and then hits them in the chest with a fierce roundhouse kick, knocking them right on their back. (10%)

Specials

B: Grappling hook – Batman’s preferred way of taking down a fleeing criminal. Batman takes out a long black rope with a batarang-like item attached to one end, and begins swinging it above his head. He throws it in front of him when B is pressed again, getting 3 stage builder blocks of range. This can be aimed slightly upwards or downwards as well. Opponents who get hit by this end up with the rope wrapped around their legs (or their body, in the case of smaller characters), held in place by the batarang-like thing attached to the end. Batman will then quickly pull on the rope, causing the opponent to crash to the ground and take minor damage. The opponent will be forced to lay on the ground for a full second before they can move again. If Batman manages to ensnare them while they are airborne, they are immediately dragged to the ground and take a bit more damage than usual. The move itself has about a second of starting lag as Batman pulls out the grappling hook, but little end lag. Batman can’t use this move in the air. (4% if opponent is on the ground, 7% if opponent is in the air)

>B: Batarang – Batman throws a batarang directly in front of him. It travels about as fast as falco’s laser, and about as far as link’s boomerang before dropping to the ground. It can be slightly angled upwards or downwards, but it immediately stops when it hits a wall or the ground. However, it will continue traveling in the same direction if it hits an opponent. Opponents hit by the batarang will be stunned for half a second, and will instantly drop any item that they are holding. This move has half a second or so of starting lag, as Batman has to reach to his belt to pull out a batarang. Batman must wait 3 seconds before he can throw another batarang, so he can’t spam this move. (5%)

^B: Grappling gun – Batman takes out his grappling gun and immediately fires it. It works as a tether recovery, having about the same range as Zamus’. If its used while on the ground, Batman will hold the grappling gun above his head and won’t fire until the B button is released. Batman will be able to aim in 3 different directions while the button is held, in a similar fashion to pit’s bow. It has up to 3 stage builder blocks of range on the ground. Opponents who are hit by it suffer decent damage and knockback. (8%)

vB: Knockout Gas – Batman takes a small purple beaker out of his belt pocket and quickly rips the cork off the top with his teeth. He then throws it down at his feet. After about a second, it begins shooting out purple gas, which eventually covers a battlefield platform of horizontal length and 3 stage builder blocks of vertical range after a few seconds. It stays like that for about 4 more seconds before the gas fades and the beaker disappears. Any opponents who get caught in the gas will immediately cover their mouth and begin to cough. If they stay in the cloud of gas for more than a second, they will collapse & fall asleep. If Batman himself heads into the cloud of gas, he will stop and take a second to put on a gas mask, protecting him from its effects (he will only do this when heading into his own gas cloud). He automatically takes it off once the gas disappears. The biggest flaw of this attack is that it cannot effect opponents who simply jump through the gas. They will start coughing even when airborn, but they will not collaspe & fall asleep unless they touch the ground inside the gas cloud. They'll basically be fine if they jump through it and land on the other side. Opponents will also take damage for every second they breathe in the gas. (2% for first second, 1% for every additional second)

Final Smash

The Batwinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAwjW2ASUA(Batman can be see using the Batwing in downright awesome fashion from 3:34 to 7:50) Batman gets the smash ball!! He yells out LAAAAAANNNNNNNNMAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He presses a button on his belt buckle, which lights up red. 2 seconds later, the Batwing comes down from the sky and Batman jumps in. For the same time duration that fox controls his landmaster, you have control of the Batwing, which is around the same size as the landmaster but only about half as tall. It can fire explosives from turrets concealed on its wings to deal great damage and good knockback by pressing A. They have the same blast radius upon hitting the ground (or an opponent) as a bob-bomb, but don’t deal as much knockback. Pressing B will cause a metal arm with a character-sized claw on the end to emerge from under the cockpit. The arm itself is about 2 and a half stage builder blocks long. When B is pressed again, the claw immediately snaps shut, trapping any opponent who is touching the claw at that moment (only one opponent, the one closest to the claw, can be trapped at a time). If you get caught in the claw, you’re pretty much dead. The Batwing can then drag you off the stage to your death. However, the Batwing can’t carry opponents off the stage in any other fashion (opponents will automatically slip off of the Batwing if they land on it). The Batwing is able to fly infinitely for the entire time duration. (18-24% explosives)

Taunts & Victory Animations

^taunt: Batman crosses his arms and repeats the first thing he said to The Joker in ‘The Dark Knight’, although slightly altered: “You’re gonna love me.”

<>taunt: Batman makes a martial arts pose, and motions for his opponent to come on. (he makes a martial arts pose, not a captain falcon pose.

vtaunt: Batman turns to face the screen, as a sudden wind blows to make his cape move briefly but noticeably.

victory animations

1- Batman is facing away from the screen, looking into the distance where the Bat-signal is visible. He then repeats arguably his most well-known phrase from the animated series. “I am vengeance… I am the night… I am BATMAN!!!”

2- The screen starts out dark and shadowy. Batman drops down from the top of the screen, landing in a crouching position. He then rises up slowly, with most of his body hidden by the shadows. The screen then brightens up a bit, showing the other combatants clearly, but Batman stays mostly in the shadows.

3- Batman is standing, partly facing the screen. He says some lines taken from the Batman episode entitled ‘I am the Night’: “I chose this life. I use the night. I become the night. Sooner or later I’ll go down. My decision. No regrets.” As he says “my decision”, he pulls out his grappling gun and fires it at an off-screen target. He swings away as he says “no regrets”.

victory theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEx9r5enZsk(from 0:52 to the end, minus the lightning)

Other Stuff

entrance: Batman swings to his spot from the back of the screen, apparently using his grappling hook. He is accompanied by a number of bats, which fly away when the battle begins.

Idle stance – Batman simply lets down his guard, puts his arms down and lets out a barely audible sigh.

Roll dodge – Batman quite literally kneels down and rolls on the ground. This dodge has a few more invincibility frames than most other roll dodges.

alt. costumes:

the color of the batsuit changes color completely. Any part of the batsuit that is gray (or black for the movie costumes) changes to dark blue, forest green, dark red, indigo, gold or white. Batman also has quite a few different costumes from various movies and such:

Batman 1989/ Batman Returns suit

The Dark Knight suit

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/media/gallery/screens/03.jpg(ignore diana)
Justice League suit

New Batman Adventures suit (yeah I know, its really similar to the justice league one)

icon: (what else?) the bat symbol

Wiimote sound: The sound of a batarang being thrown.

Kirby hat: Kirby gains a small version of batman’s cowl & cape. Unlike batman, however, his eyes are actually visible through the eye holes.

Snake codec:
Colonel – Snake…
Snake – I know. This isn’t going to be an easy battle, is it?
Colonel – I’m afraid not. Batman not only has the reputation of being the world’s greatest detective, he is also one of the best martial artists in the world. Not to mention the hundreds of crime-fighting tools at his disposal. There aren’t many who can boast to have defeated him.
Snake – Way to make me feel better about this, Colonel. I’m starting to doubt if I have what it takes to beat him.
Colonel – Don’t start thinking like that yet Snake. You still have the advantage when it comes to firepower. And don’t forget that Batman has a strict code of honor while fighting; its likely he won’t use his full power against you, seeing as how you aren’t a criminal.
Snake – Yeah you’re right. But even so this fight won’t be easy at all.
Colonel – Just give it your best Snake. That’s all you can do in a fight of this magnitude.

Stage & SSE Related Stuff

Stage:

Gotham City Rooftops

This stage is pretty similar to Fourside from melee, taking place on rooftops at night. There are 3 buildings that the characters can fight on, with the one in the middle being the largest (but not the tallest). The building on the right is the tallest, which also has a small fire escape platform about the same size of a stage builder block halfway down the left side that characters can stand on. The middle building is the Gotham PD building, complete with the bat-signal (characters can’t interact with it). The bat-signal mostly stays unlit; but occasionally Commissioner Gordon, Detective Renee Montoya or Detective Harvey Bullock will emerge from the door on the roof and turn it on for the duration of the match (Bullock can be clearly be seen scowling as he reluctantly turns on the signal). As for other cameos, Man-bat will sometimes fly around in the background. Also, Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing and Bane are among the characters that will occasionally jump from building to building. Bane has the least chance of appearing out of all of them, and for good reason; he is the only one who can interact with the fighters. When he jumps from a building and lands on another one, the impact caused by his sheer weight makes nearby characters trip. Also, if someone directly blocks his path, he’ll attack them with a fairly fast punch that deals good damage and knockback.

Catwoman
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/29.jpg ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/episodes/15cultofthecat/06.jpg ~ New Batman Adventures version

Robin
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/media/gallery/random/06.jpg

Batgirl
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/40.jpg ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/media/gallery/random/300.jpg ~ New Batman Adventures version

Nightwing
http://www.batmanunmasked.com/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=453

Bane
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/115.jpg ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/media/gallery/99.jpg ~ New Batman Adventures version

Music:

Theme of Batman
Batman Beyond Opening/Batman Chases Inque
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Harley Quinn’s Theme/Say That We’re Sweethearts Again
Molossus
Vespertilio
Aggressive Expansion
Introduce a Little Anarchy
Birth of a Penguin
A Plea for Help
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Opening Theme
Chase Me(start to 0:25, 1:07 to 5:50)
Batman: Gotham Knight Intro/Trouble at the Dock

Batman TAS: Villains Medley – it includes MANY of the villain themes from the animated series, some of which are taken directly out of episodes. This is different from other medleys due to the fact that the order of the themes’ appearance in the song is random. However, it will always end with either ‘Heart of Ice’ or ‘Goodbye, Grace’. Here are all the included themes:

Wonderland Waltz/The Mad Hatter
The Clock King(shortened a bit)
Cat Burglary(minus the pause in the middle & the incidental sounds)
Nothing to Fear
The Joker’s Theme(I apologize for resorting to aol video, buts the closest thing I could find. Right after joker spreads his laughing gas all over the city, his theme plays until he breaks a window)
Two-Face/Second Chance
I've got Batman in my Basement(lengthened a bit)
Heart of Ice/Freeze's Speech(only plays until Freeze says 'forever beautiful')
Feat of Clay(minus incidental sounds)
Vendetta(minus incidental sounds)
Pretty Poison
[http://www.toonzone.net/anbat/music/rml.htm]Read My Lips[/url](lengthened a bit)
If You’re So Smart, Why Aren’t You Rich?(lengthened a bit)

SSE role/unlock:

Boss:

Mr. Freeze

Mr. Freeze is not your typical boss character, being the same size as ganondorf and about a head taller. He has about the same mobility as ganondorf as well, but is a much better jumper and doesn’t fall as fast. This makes it seem like he is an actual fighter rather than a boss. However, his strength and stamina suggest otherwise. He attacks with slightly laggy physical attacks, which do 12-16% damage and boast the same knockback as an Ike smash attack. Of course, Mr. Freeze also wields his signature freezing gun, which he can aim in 8 different directions (4 cardinal directions, plus 45 degrees diagonal) and can use it in the air or on the ground. The icy blue laser that the gun fires can fire continuously for about a second and a half, and can travel across the entire stage. If you get hit by it, you are immediately frozen (this actually freezes over your body instead of encasing you in an ice block). Then you have to shake the control stick to quickly break out, before Mr. Freeze can attack you. If he manages to hit you while you’re frozen, he’ll knock you off the stage and you’ll lose a stock. Once you get him down to 25% health he will aim his freezing gun at the ground and cover the entire stage in ice. While doing this, Freeze will say ‘Soon you will learn… that revenge is a dish… best served cold.’ While this makes it harder for you to move around, it doesn’t affect Freeze’s traction much at all; in fact, he is able to move twice as fast on this slick surface. He also gains a new move, which involves him putting his shoulder down and charging at you. He slides along the icy stage as he charges, quickly covering the entire distance of the stage. The attack causes great damage and knockback, and is an instant KO on harder difficulty levels. However, Freeze suffers a large amount of ending lag once he charges across the stage. Once defeated, Freeze will kneel down and put his hands on the ground. He says “Nora… I’ve failed you” before he collapses.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/103.jpg

Assist Trophies:

Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn

The popular pairing of the seductive and dangerous Poison Ivy & The Joker’s ever-cheerful sidekick Harley Quinn make their appearance! Ivy says ‘lets play with the boys on our terms…’, while Harley runs off and starts going after fighters. Immediately after Ivy is done talking, Harley says her bit: ‘You’ve come to the right place! I recommend a lobotomy!’ She attacks quickly with various acrobatic attacks, but they don’t do much knockback. Also, she will occasionally pull out a large hammer or even a bazooka out of nowhere to attack with. The hammer is of course slightly laggy to use, but it does quite a bit of damage and deals heavy knockback. Harley will, however, be left open after swinging the hammer; as she will comically nearly fall over. The bazooka has the same range as a thrown item when fired, and the bazooka shell will explode with the same properties as a bob-bomb when it hits the ground or an opponent. Unlike other assist trophies, Harley can be attacked. At first, when you attack her, she will quickly flip away like a gymnast. However, if you attack her after she flips away or after she swings her hammer, she’ll fall back on her ***. Harley will then say “I’m nobody’s doormat… am I?” as she gets up. Poison Ivy then answers: “Honey, if you had a middle name, it’d be ‘welcome’.”

While Harley is running around, Poison Ivy will raise her arm into the air, causing 2 large green vines to appear on either side of her. If there’s room, each will be 6 stage builder blocks away from her. Anyhow, the vines appear to be alive, as they move around and stuff. If anyone comes into contact with either of them, they will automatically be ensnared. If you get caught, you have to move rapidly to fight your way out, as Poison Ivy will quickly run up to you to deliver a poisonous kiss (yes, she actually kisses them… *fanboys make a mad rush to take pics of her kissing Zamus, peach & zelda*). If she manages to kiss you, you’ll fly up into the air as if your shield were broken, take 30% damage, and become dazed. You will also become poisoned, which basically means that you’ll turn green and take 1% damage every second for 15 seconds, at which point it goes away. If you manage to get past the vines, Poison Ivy will start shooting arrows at you with her wrist mounted crossbow, which do good damage but barely any knockback. However, if she is sporting her ‘New Batman Adventures’ look, she’ll instead throw seeds that look like deku nuts in the same manner. If those hit you, they’ll let out light green gas which will cause a flower to grow on your head. Finally, Poison Ivy can be attacked just like Harley, but she will have a good chance of sidestepping attacks as well.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/72.jpg ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/episodes/22chemistry/24.jpg ~ New Batman Adventures version (Harley pretty much looks the same)

Terry Mcginnis/Batman

The title character from ‘Batman Beyond’ makes an appearance! He immediately jumps into the air and flies around the stage using the jet boosters in his boots. He’ll fly across the stage 3 times, quickly throwing futuristic black and red batarangs at opponents below him. If they manage to hit them directly, they take a good amount of damage and knockback. When said batarangs hit the ground, a light on them flashes red for about 2 seconds, and then they explode. The explosion deals the same damage and has the same range as a bob-bomb blast, but deals less knockback.

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/862/862573/batman-20080327040024161-000.jpg

The Scarecrow

One of Batman’s creepiest adversaries takes center stage! When he appears he says ‘I am fear incarnate. I am the terror of Gotham. I am the Scarecrow.’ He runs around the stage and tries to infect opponents with fear toxins that he is able to shoot from devices on his palms. They shoot out a small cloud of purple gas that briefly stuns them. Once they are hit, they will be stricken with fear. This has the effect of making the opponent unable to use any normal attacks or special moves that attack directly on any other fighters for 10 seconds (recovery moves still work). If they attempt to attack anyone, they will crouch on the ground and briefly tremble in fear. Scarecrow will also occasionally attempt to physically attack opponents, but this version of Scarecrow is not much of a fighter, thus his attacks are weak (but he does attack fairly quickly).

If Scarecrow ends up in his New Batman Adventures form, he attacks in a different way, not to mention gaining a much more frightening voice. When he appears he says ‘Fear is power.’ He runs around a bit more slowly than this other form, but is far more dangerous. He wields a tranquilizer gun, which gets the same range as wolf’s laser. Once hit, the fear toxins in the dart are injected into the victim (& they take a small amount of damage). However, this time the toxin takes away the opponent’s fear instead of giving it to them (see what I did there? lol). This has the effect of making them unable to block or dodge for 10 seconds. Scarecrow will also physically attack opponents with the cane he carries if they get close to him, which deals good damage and decent knockback.

http://www.batmanunmasked.com/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=458 ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/makeup/5158/scrow.gif ~ New Batman Adventures version

The Joker (sorry gaiz, the heath ledger version is already an awesome moveset :p )

The Clown Prince of Crime makes his entrance! When he appears, he’ll either immediately let loose with his trademark laugh (as done by Mark hamill), or he’ll say this: ‘Yes! Another stunning joker entrance leaves the crow speechless! Let’s hear it for him folks!’ The Joker wields a red gun, which he will aim directly in front of him once he’s finished talking. He immediately pulls the trigger, only to have a small flag with the word ‘Bang’ written on it pop out. He then says ‘The suspense is killing me!’ in a slightly sarcastic manner. The Joker then quickly aims his gun at the nearest opponent and pulls the trigger again; this time the flag itself is fired, getting great range. It travels at the same speed as one of Samus’ missiles when done with a smash, and deals excellent damage and knockback. After this, the Joker says one of 3 different phrases before disappearing: ‘Well that was fun. Who’s for Chinese?’ or ‘Some joke, huh? Think of it as the ultimate punch line!’ or ‘May the floss be with you!’

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/media/gallery/13.jpg ~ Batman TAS version
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/episodes/injusticeforall/p1/28.jpg ~ Justice League version

Moar Stuff!:

Trophies

Batman, bruce wayne, robin, batgirl, nightwing, Alfred, batman beyond, the joker, the joker(Heath Ledger version), harley quinn, mr. freeze, poison ivy, two-face, the scarecrow, catwoman, bane, the mad hatter, clayface, man-bat, the penguin, the riddler, ra’s al ghul, talia al ghul, killer croc, the ventriloquist, commissioner Gordon, Harvey bullock, renee Montoya, kyodai ken, the clock king, batmobile, batwing(FS)

Stickers

Batman, bruce wayne, batman(the dark knight), batman(batman 1989), robin, robin(d*ck grayson), batgirl, nightwing, Alfred, batman beyond, bruce wayne(batman beyond), the joker, the joker(heath ledger version) harley quinn, mr. freeze, poison ivy, poison ivy(new batman adventures version) two-face, Harvey dent, the scarecrow, the scarecrow(new batman adventures version) catwoman, selina kyle & isis, catwoman(new batman adventures version) bane, the mad hatter, clayface, man-bat, the penguin, the riddler, ra’s al ghul, talia al ghul, killer croc, the ventriloquist, commissioner Gordon, Harvey bullock, renee Montoya, kyodai ken, the clock king, batmobile, batwing, hush, deadshot, the huntress, batwoman, carmine falcone, Rupert thorne, ace the bat-hound(batman beyond), inque, black mask, lady shiva, batgirl(Cassandra cain), blight, the phantasm, firefly, the royal flush gang, leslie thompkins, batarang

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
As you can read for the Bible, these moves don't always have 100% priority. You can break through the bible attack if you have enough priority in your moves.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

Then it's a projectile, not a disjointed hit box. The whole point of a disjointed hit box is that you can only "beat" it if you hit the enemy's body, not the attack. At most, you can go even with one, but the moment you can outprioritize one, it's no longer disjointed. It's just how the term works.

And I don't know anything about CV mechanics, so unless you're just interested in balance opinions, don't come to me for previews.

Batman looks good at a glance, but his stats might need a little toning down. His only below average stat is movement speed, but's that not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom