• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
They have absolutely no musical talent; anybody can be a rapper these days. All you have to do is wear bling and have good lyrics and there you go.
This is true.... minus the good lyrics part.

@SmashBrosMike
Your opinion is being more and more worthless. You liking Soulja Boy just took a big chunk out of your already small credibility.

Oh and I would glad to make a moveset for Lyndis if I wasn't already busy making movesets for 2 other BETTER Fire Emblem characters.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
It had better be, what with how long the darn thing took me to get right. :laugh:

Years of practice, my friend...

What Spade said.

We need to be more feminine. C'mon people, girl it up a notch.
Quick everyone, to the Beauty Salon!

The Bible sounds fine (even if three seconds is a really long time
and you wouldn't be able to keep all the CV 'sets in order by using it as an item
). Ditto for Charlotte's, though you should note that Don rides out on a braying donkey, and not a neighing horse.

Also assuming nobody else has, I totally volunteer to be your proof-reader.
:bee:

Freaking yes, man. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for somebody to post a good Advance Wars 'set, and you have more than satisfied.

I haven't even played Days of Ruin and I love it.
<3. <3, <3 and more <3. I can't believe that Advance Wars hasn't been done before either, so I'm glad I filled in the gap.

And whaddya MEAN you haven't played Days of Ruin yet? Get down to the shops, tell your friends, buy that thing! Sure, in 3 weeks from now it'll have been out for a whole year, but there'll still be a copy around somewhere. WHERE THERE'S LIFE THERE'S HOPE!!

Probably. This was before I got a tablet, so drawing proper lineart and coloring everything with a mouse is really what took me forever.
[/QUOTE]

As for Mach Rider, well I'll begin with the layout. I think you've given something for me to rip off evolutionary among movesets, by injecting the vibe of the character into not just the moveset but the layout. That alone makes Mach Rider nice to look at, never mind read. Props to you for that, I'll be sure to rip it off for my next idea. On another note, it was also one of your easier movesets to read. Not insinuating against any of your previous ones, just saying it was (even?) easier this time.

You seem eager to give the guy several learning handicaps; I know from experience that's genuine proud fear of your own idea. Which is a good thing, but needs to be handled wisely. Which from a glance you handle pretty well. Mach Rider's basic attacks are nicely mixed and very characteristic. The whole guy and his beloved bike feel very risky and high-speed, thanks to their well balanced and creative moveset (Down-B is an example of good random chance, whereas the Up-B is ALMOST as good as Cactaur's in all mortal terms - nothing will ever beat Cactaur's Up-B.)

All in all, you deserve a Mach 5
out of 5

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
is this thread really this active, or is this just 4.0 buzz? If it calms down ill find a time to work more on Masked Man, but all this activity is crazy!

We`ve really grown! :D

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
is this thread really this active, or is this just 4.0 buzz? If it calms down ill find a time to work more on Masked Man, but all this activity is crazy!

We`ve really grown! :D
I'ld say both.... we are the most active thread (in a few months of time, 3.0 beat the SSB4 thread, which has been around for a long time.)

But also the buzz of OMG 4.0 MUST GET IN EARLY MOVESETS!!!! has something to do with it...

Of course this buzz isn't nearly as big as expected (or atleast as big as I expected.)

It will probably calm down a bit in a week.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'ld say both.... we are the most active thread (in a few months of time, 3.0 beat the SSB4 thread, which has been around for a long time.)

But also the buzz of OMG 4.0 MUST GET IN EARLY MOVESETS!!!! has something to do with it...

Of course this buzz isn't nearly as big as expected (or atleast as big as I expected.)

It will probably calm down a bit in a week.
What really surprised me is how so many of the early move sets were actually GOOD. Even the newbies are already starting out with decent move sets.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I use the up-top buttons! I'm not gonna manually stick in size change, bolding, and colour change for every attack name, "Notes" header, and "Uses" header, not to mention the multiple colour changes, size change, centering, bolding, and what-have-you in the section headers!
Mine's plenty formatted as well, I just prefer to type the tags as I go. It's not like they're difficult or anything. [size], [color], , ,
, , whatever. I do it as I got along, for every attack name and every section header. Takes all types here in MYM, I guess.

*reads further*

[b]GAWL![/b]

A new decree shall I issue:

[size=4][i][center]~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Lionheart and SmashBrosMike are not allowed to speak to, reply to, quote, or acknowledge each other without special permission from at least 9001 other active members of MYM. Failure to comply will result in a to-be-determined punishment of epic proportions that will undoubtedly involve the removal of multiple body parts from the offender.
~~~~~~~~~~[/center][/i][/size]

Oh! I almost forgot...

[color=plum]We all need to get in touch with our feminine sides to make up for the loss of IT from our ranks.[/color]​

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

Theme Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbO....stlyrics.com/lyrics/aladdin/onejumpahead.htm

Aladdin

Aladdin was born 18 years before the events of his film debut. Aladdin never received a formal education. He learned much from his time on the streets of Agrabah. He is known by the locals as a thieving peasant, constantly stealing food for himself and his pet monkey, Abu, who is fond of stealing jewels and gold. In this moveset, Aladdin is equipped with a scimitar, which he learned to wield when battling Jafar. Aladdin can somewhat be compared to Shiek; his KO percentage is relatively low, due to the fact that he isn't a born fighter and naturally relies on Genie for help.

Statistics

Walk Speed: 10/10
Run Speed: 9/10
Power: 2/10
Weight: 4/10
Combat Agility: 8/10
Combat Range: 5/10
Jumping: 6/10
Falling Speed: 4/10
Traction: 10/10
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: Yes

You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Genie

What makes Aladdin different from the average fighter is the theatric assistance that Genie offers Aladdin in combat. The Down Special Never Had A Friend Like Me is used to call Genie. This special, however, is limited. The usage is similar to that of Wario Waft, except it can't be used in a timely fashion. In other words, Genie only helps Aladdin out when he feels like it or is just around. Genie is a goofy and carefree character, so he lacks the seriousness of battle. Aladdin starts to flicker blue and white when Genie is ready to help out. This is as random as the appearance of a Smash Ball. I call the attacks "Phenomonal Cosmic Powers" or PCP for short. No drug jokes, please. They are completely random, and can either make or break Aladdin. These will be listed later in the moveset.

Code:
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ymbmdk.png[/IMG]
[COLOR="Orange"][U][SIZE="3"]Standard[/SIZE][/U]

[U]A [/U]-  does a downward swipe with his scimitar...[2%]
[U]AA[/U] - ...then swipes it back up.... [2%]
[U]AAA[/U] - lastly, he somersaults in place while slashing for a rapid combo. [1%]
-
-
-
-

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/9gx99z.png[/IMG]
[U][SIZE="3"]Tilts[/SIZE][/U]

[U]Forward [/U]- does a low tilt kick as if he is stepping on the enemy's foot. 
No knockback. [5%]

[U]Up [/U]- Abu appears and whips upwards with his tail. Poor knockback. [5%]

[U]Down [/U]- does a simple thrust with his sword, then pulls back for a 2-hitter.
No knockback. [2-2%]

[U]Dash [/U]- slashes wildly three times while he is still running. Decent knockback.
[2-2-4%]
-
-
-
-
-

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/30t1j6p.png[/IMG]
[U][SIZE="3"]Aerials[/SIZE][/U]

[U]Neutral[/U] - performs a somersault with using the sword for a combo.
No knockback. [1-2-3%]

[U]Up [/U]- does a kick-up upside down with both feet while pointing sword down.
Able to hit high and low while in that position. Sword meteor smashes at decent 
knockback, while kick does poor knockback. [7%] [9/12%]

[U]Forward[/U] - grabs Abu and swings him horizontally as Abu grabs the lamp and
smacks with it, causing a loud clanking sound. Great knockback., but pre-laggy.
[10%]

[U]Down[/U] - Aladdin zips downwards as he performs a bunting hold with his scimitar.
Decent knockback, but post lags if he hits the ground. [12%]

-
-
-
-
-

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/sv41lz.png[/IMG]
[U][SIZE="3"]Smashes[/SIZE][/U]

[U]Forward (Scarab)[/U]- kneels down while holding his scimitar back in a position as he 
prepares for a thrust. The pre-lag is ok, but this makes his strongest Smash.
Decent knockback. [13%]

[U]Up (Sandstorm)[/U]- Rapidly and wildly slashes upwards SIX TIMES. Though
weak, it is very wide and damage-building. Poor knockback. [2-2-3-2-2-4%]

[U]Down (Quicksand)[/U]- bends down and performs three 360 sword slashes that
suck up the enemy, similar to Peach's down smash. Has great damage build up, but
poor knockback. [1-2-1-3-2-3-1%]

[/COLOR]

Specials

Magic Carpet - Up Special

Carpet zooms in from the sky and catches Aladdin as he is falling. This is an unusual recovery, because Carpet dives down slightly, THEN swoops up for the save very quickly. This can be quite dangerous if near the abyssal blast zone or when recovering at the ledge. However, the rise is extremely high. The rise can hit the enemy with great knockback, but is not recommended for attack. Though the height is great, the distance is very poor. Fortunately, Aladdin doesn't burn out after the special, therefore being able to attack while falling. [10%]

Monkey Fingers - Side Special

Abu climbs down Aladdin and runs forward on the ground. If Abu touches an enemy, he will crawl over the enemy, attempting to steal from him/her. If the enemy is holding an item, Abu will take that item and bring it to Aladdin. If Aladdin is already holding an item, the stolen item will fade away. The special itself can be used to stall the enemy, so it can be useful toward empty-handed enemies. When Aladdin says, "Abu! NO!", Abu will return to Aladdin. The stall is only one second, and it doesn't damage the enemy.

How Do You Like Them Apples? - Standard Special

Aladdin tosses an apple as he would a throwing item, except he doesn't have to hold it. The apple hit doesn't cause knockback. He can only throw three apples per two seconds, and the throw is very quick and rapid. When the apple impacts, it explodes with apple sauce. The explosion has a decent radius, so it can hit multiple enemies at one time. It is good for building up damage from afar. [3%]

Never Had A Friend Like Me - Down Special [Phenomonal Cosmic Powers/PCP]

Mentioned earlier...

Cosmic Comet Rocket

Genie appears randomly on the stage as a rocket. He lights him self up and starts to expand. After three seconds, the rocket launches towards Aladdin. This can be used as a setup move. For instance, if the rocket shoots towards Aladdin, then a line of fire is created, meaning you can change the path simply by moving Aladdin throughout the stage. The idea would be to try to line up the rocket and Aladdin with the enemy for a dynamic hit. Though the rocket is small, it is incredibly powerful, fast, and unpredictable. It cannot be blocked either. When the rocket reaches Aladdin, it disappears, ending the attack. Super knockback. [19%] [Fire]

Mano-A-Mano

Aladdin grows Genie's massive arms and starts pummeling in a circular fashion. It is not as strong as it seems; it is more a wide, combo attack. There are ten punches total, 5 punches from each fist, causing 5% damage each. The attack's duration is only two seconds; it happens quite fast. Decent knockback. 10-hit. [5%]

Genie Juggle

Genie randomly appears on the stage and takes off his head, duplicating it for a juggle. If an enemy is caught into the juggle, it will result in a rapid, shredding combo. This is a capture combo; once caught in it, there is no escape until the end of the juggle. If caught in the beginning of the move, an enemy will receive up to 40% damage. The attack duration is 6 seconds, and each hit causes 2% damage, meaning that the combo length is 20. No knockback. [2%]

This Is For Reel

Genie appears randomly on the stage as a slot machine, and starts to reel. The icons on the reels have enemy faces on them. When it lands on certain characters, damage will be inflicted upon those characters:

:sonic: :wolf: :falcon: = 10% for each
:zelda: :zelda: :peach: = 30% for Zelda. 5% for Peach
:falcon: :falcon: :falcon: = 50% for Falcon.

It does no knockback. It just delivers the damage to the enemy, whether they be in an invincibility frame or not. The slot duration is 4 seconds.

Limelight Serenade

Genie appears randomly on the platform dressed in a white suit and top hot in a spotlight. The whole stage becomes dim, but not unbearably. He then begins to waltz for about 5 seconds. This does absolutely nothing, but it slightly obstructs the fighters' view, including Aladdin.

Clean Cut Craze

Several Genies appear around Aladdin and force him into barber services. This is a negative PCP, for it traps Aladdin, making him vulnerable for attack. However, getting attacked won't cancel out the PCP, so in others, you've no fear of being knocked away. The PCP lasts 6 seconds.

SAFE!

Genie appears and zaps Aladdin with sparkling magic. Aladdin then floats to a random location on the stage. This could be good for a last minute recovery, but it can also transport you to an even more dangerous position, say the bottom of the stage. x_x

Three Wishes - Final Smash

Aladdin pulls out the Genie's lamp, rubs it, and lifts it into the sky. Genie bursts out and says "Any THREE wishes!!!" A thinking balloon appears over Aladdin's head, listing 5 randomly selected wishes out of 14. Beside each wish is a button that needs to be pressed in order to choose that wish. Of course, you can only choose three. However, you are only given 4 seconds to choose your wishes. This time limit puts pressure on the player, due to the wishes being different each time, the button commands being rearranged AS you are choosing, and some wishes may not be in their favor. The idea is to be careful what you wish for, and you really should.

Larger than life! - gives Aladdin the effect of the Super Mushroom

Make me unstoppable! - gives Aladdin the effect of the Star

Heavy metal, baby! - gives Aladdin the effect of the Metal Box

Fix me up! - heals Aladdin by 100

Super speed! - gives Aladdin the effect of the Bunny Hood

Now you see me, now you DON'T! - turns Aladdin invisible

Make me HOT! - gives Aladdin the effect of the Superspicy Curry

Be cool! - turns Aladdin into a mount of ice

I could use some rest. - puts Aladdin to sleep

Food. Food! FOOD! - food items fall around Aladdin, mostly bread

Slow down, will ya!? - slows down time for Aladdin

Make me a super star! - launches Aladdin into the sky for a Star KO

I have a small problem... - gives Aladdin the effect of the Poison Mushroom

I wanna be a prince! - Aladdin's attire turns into Prince Ali's

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
@Lion: SBMike is entitled to his musical opinion and we should respect that.
even if he has the unfortunate misunderstanding of thinking rap is "music", much less good music

@SmashBrosMike: We (well, I) appreciate your interest in this thread, but the title is "Make YOUR Move", not "Ask Other People to Make My Move for Me". If you want a Lyndis set, you should take the initiative and try to make one. And I guarantee the only way we'll see Soulja Boy in this thread is if you make him. I know you've said you're no good at it, but that's what practice is for, right? The more you try, the better you get, and the Sandbags-in-Charge are always willing to give suggestions and helpful hints.

~EDIT~
@Cruxis: I like Aladdin (the movie and the moveset), but he feels really underpowered on the whole. True, you mentioned he's in the same vein as Sheik, and that holds true, but his Final Smash is just... well... not enough in his favor.
What happens when your five random options are Ice, Sleep, Poison, Slow, and Star KO?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Aladin was pure awesome with that down-special and the final smash! It more than makes up for any generic attacks in the rest of the move set.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
All rap singers suck
Let's just not get into this. Rap's as viable and awesome a musical genre as any other, alright?

There are good rappers, and there are bad rappers, just as there are good pop singers, and bad pop singers. Savvy?

<3. <3, <3 and more <3. I can't believe that Advance Wars hasn't been done before either, so I'm glad I filled in the gap.

And whaddya MEAN you haven't played Days of Ruin yet? Get down to the shops, tell your friends, buy that thing! Sure, in 3 weeks from now it'll have been out for a whole year, but there'll still be a copy around somewhere. WHERE THERE'S LIFE THERE'S HOPE!!
You really should request a review on The Stadiumsoi'mforcedtoreadthewholething. Srsly.

Eh, I would...but honestly I still haven't beaten Deual Strike. I'm a'feared that buying another of those games will just kill what free time I have already. ^.^;

As for Mach Rider, well I'll begin with the layout. I think you've given something for me to rip off evolutionary among movesets, by injecting the vibe of the character into not just the moveset but the layout. That alone makes Mach Rider nice to look at, never mind read. Props to you for that, I'll be sure to rip it off for my next idea. On another note, it was also one of your easier movesets to read. Not insinuating against any of your previous ones, just saying it was (even?) easier this time.
The format-to-character thing is something that I've always tried to do, but this is the second 'set where I made good use of of it. The little Mach Bike's and the right-alignments were just icing on the cake.

And yeah I consciously have been trying to not only shorten my movesets, but to make them less complicated and more interesting (colorful language, etc.) to read.

You seem eager to give the guy several learning handicaps; I know from experience that's genuine proud fear of your own idea. Which is a good thing, but needs to be handled wisely. Which from a glance you handle pretty well. Mach Rider's basic attacks are nicely mixed and very characteristic. The whole guy and his beloved bike feel very risky and high-speed, thanks to their well balanced and creative moveset (Down-B is an example of good random chance, whereas the Up-B is ALMOST as good as Cactaur's in all mortal terms - nothing will ever beat Cactaur's Up-B.)
With such a foreign concept I basically have to handicap him. If I just said "okay he's a guy on a bike who can attack while dashing", then he'd be broken eight ways to Sunday.

Spending basically the last two years mulling the idea over in my head probably didn't hurt, either. :chuckle:

Mach Note: The Up B and Side B are the only moves taken directly from his game--Mach Rider can shoot bullets ahead of him, and when he dies he explodes into five pieces. If you still have extra lives in stock, the pieces reform where they broke apart, but if not, they drift off-screen, and the GAME OVER text appears.

The only other thing I took right from the game is his gears. Just like in the actual game, getting into 4th gear has it's advantages (faster clear time for each level = more points) and it's downsides (much easier to crash).

Very, very glad you liked it.
:bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
A new decree shall I issue:

~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Lionheart and SmashBrosMike are not allowed to speak to, reply to, quote, or acknowledge each other without special permission from at least 9001 other active members of MYM. Failure to comply will result in a to-be-determined punishment of epic proportions that will undoubtedly involve the removal of multiple body parts from the offender.
~~~~~~~~~~​
When did you have the power to command another Sandbag? LOL Jk

Oh and my limbs just come back after being removed. I'm just awesome that way.

@Warlord
So sad and so true....

@Cruxis
Aladdin is awesome so far. Much better than I could have made him.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Lion: SBMike is entitled to his musical opinion and we should respect that.
even if he has the unfortunate misunderstanding of thinking rap is "music", much less good music

@SmashBrosMike: We (well, I) appreciate your interest in this thread, but the title is "Make YOUR Move", not "Ask Other People to Make My Move for Me". If you want a Lyndis set, you should take the initiative and try to make one. And I guarantee the only way we'll see Soulja Boy in this thread is if you make him. I know you've said you're no good at it, but that's what practice is for, right? The more you try, the better you get, and the Sandbags-in-Charge are always willing to give suggestions and helpful hints.

~EDIT~
@Cruxis: I like Aladdin (the movie and the moveset), but he feels really underpowered on the whole. True, you mentioned he's in the same vein as Sheik, and that holds true, but his Final Smash is just... well... not enough in his favor.
What happens when your five random options are Ice, Sleep, Poison, Slow, and Star KO?

Simple. Wait until time runs out, resulting in a failed Final Smash. And Aladdin has been known for being very quick, from his movie to Kingdom Hearts 1,2, and Chain of Memories, speed is his game. So I couldnt really make him so strong. Plus he is a peasant that runs away all the time. Fighting prowess doesnt fit him, though the games he appeared in made him awesome.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
When did you have the power to command another Sandbag? LOL Jk
Since I journeyed all across iRule, defeated Cameldork, and recovered the Quadforce of Awesome.

Oh and my limbs just come back after being removed. I'm just awesome that way.
I, um... I knew that... I didn't want to actually permanently hurt you, you know... :ohwell:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
All rap singers suck... except for these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSYlO-Os_Y
OMG, Fort Minor is awesome!!! Though i prefer the song, "Where'd you go?" for some crazy reason.

I don't like Rap music that much either. Everyone in my school likes it, and i think i'm the only one that's not a fan of it. I only like Fort Minor and Eminem i think, but yeah.

@Aladdin: It looks awesome so far. Hope to see it finish lol.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
New Character Approaching!!!

Lapras!

The colossal Water/Ice type Pokemon joins the Brawl! With a special ability, allowing her to dash and attack on water! This thing is a real fatty, but she's hot. Heh heh.

What you do with Lapras
You should not let Lapras stay on the ground. Ever. Lapras does best on water. She can swim and swim and swim extremely fast on and in the water, with an awesome breaching dive when jumping on it. And you can make water too, helping you while drowning your opponents. She also gets a dash as fast as Captain Falcon and a walk as fast as Meta Knight on ice. Her Special Attacks can do that, making water and ice. She's fun.

Stats

Weight: 5/5. This thing is a fatty. 485 pounds of it. She might get comboed a ton, but she's not dying anytime soon.

Height: 5/5. She's also really, really, tall, at 8+ feet, and it's pretty big too.

Power: 4/5. It's a little weak for a supa heavyweight, but other factors make up for it.

Walk and Run Speed: 3/5 and 1/5, respectively. Water: 5/5 for both. This thing walks faster than it runs, but you know, it has flippers. You should see it on water. Its walk is relatively really quick. You might as well not dash.

Jump Height: 1/5 on both jumps. Water: 2/5, 5/5 with momentum. It has very weak jumps on the ground, and even on water it doesn't get a significant jump boost. However, if you swim downward underwater, and swim back up, it will do a very high special breaching jump.

Dodges: Air/Underwater Dodge: 5/5 for both. Spot Dodge/Surface Water Spot Dodge: 2/5 and 5/5, respectively.

*Disclaimer* This is not done. This is a teaser for what's to come, but mostly because I don't feel like finishing it. Also, this is my first creation, so be nice to me.

Hey, uh, how do you post pictures?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
OMG, Fort Minor is awesome!!! Though i prefer the song, "Where'd you go?" for some crazy reason.

I don't like Rap music that much either. Everyone in my school likes it, and i think i'm the only one that's not a fan of it. I only like Fort Minor and Eminem i think, but yeah.

@Aladdin: It looks awesome so far. Hope to see it finish lol.
Ok...

So we both like Linkin Park.

We both think Fort Minor is the only/one of the only decent rap groups.

We are both fans of Fire Emblem.

Are you my Canadian clone? :dizzy:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've added information about the range of Blaziken's attacks. Also, I've added more description about its side special and its drawbacks.

May

By the way, the next moveset that I plan on doing is for Wolf Link and Midna.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, Sephiroth is not an awesome villain. He's just some guy with long silver hair, a coat and a big sword to overcompensate something.
All he does is being confused and upset because he finds out that he's an artificial lifeform created from the DNA some odd alien-thing called Jenova. He kidnaps Jenova's head and carries it around until he's finally killed by the heroes, who're better, but not by much.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lapras sounds like a good idea. I hope it works out. Wolf Link and Midna though? I thought it was done already...

I'm putting my movesets on hold. Call it a mental block.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
No, Sephiroth is not an awesome villain. He's just some guy with long silver hair, a coat and a big sword to overcompensate something.
All he does is being confused and upset because he finds out that he's an artificial lifeform created from the DNA some odd alien-thing called Jenova. He kidnaps Jenova's head and carries it around until he's finally killed by the heroes, who're better, but not by much.
Then answer me this...

Why does he still appear on top villain lists?

goldwyvern

Smash Ace

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Lapras!

Hey, uh, how do you post pictures?
There should an icon on the top of the screen that has a mountain and the sun (i think). Press that and there should be a message telling you to link the image location. Paste the image location on there and you should be good to go.

I'm looking forward to Lapras, but I'm concerned about her usefulness in non-water stages.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Oooooh so close, but funnily enough, he IS from a Final Fantasy game. Good job. lol
Darn....

My Final Fantasy knowledge is next to nothing, except for having seen The Spirits Within and most of Advent Children...

Is it the evil guy from Advent Children who calls himself Cloud's brother (sorry I can't remember his name)?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then answer me this...

Why does he still appear on top villain lists?
Because of the same reason why Final Fantasy VII still appears on the "greatest game EVAR" lists. Overrated. Simply overrated. It was an okay game for its time, but it's plain bad now - not to mention it wasn't as good as the 6 parts before the series, it just happened to become "en vogue" to play videogames.

And nowhere revolutionary, as most people like to say.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Darn....

My Final Fantasy knowledge is next to nothing, except for having seen The Spirits Within and most of Advent Children...

Is it the evil guy from Advent Children who calls himself Cloud's brother (sorry I can't remember his name)?
Zack Fair, but they are best buddies in the past of Zack when he was alive.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Because of the same reason why Final Fantasy VII still appears on the "greatest game EVAR" lists. Overrated. Simply overrated. It was good for its time, but it's plain bad now - not to mention it wasn't as good as the 6 parts before the series, it just happened to become "en vogue" to play videogames.
You have a fair point.

And there are a lot of stupid people. Otherwise, things like rap music and Twilight wouldn't be so popular.

@Cruxis
... No I know I wasn't talking about Zack Fair.... its a dude with gray hair who looks kinda like a less manly Sephiroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom