• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Cid was just wonderful. Lovely use of extra graphics and title banners. And it was easy to read too. It's nice how you don't glorify the boring moves.

I'm crying at the lack of extras though..

Curse you Chief Mendez. Extras are awsome!
But thanks for complimenting my AT...

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Cid looks wicked cool.
But... um... you're missing a Back Air.
Also, as awesome as his attacks are, it feels like most of them could be pretty easily avoided and/or punished. Am I wrong in that?
I like to add what I miss in my movesets later on, but I didnt intend to miss that Back air.

And yes he can somewhat be low tier, but that is not an element in this contest.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OK, I've tried again! :) I've taken the martial arts into consideration. I even read a little about Judo. Al now only has one kick move and one punch.

Entrance is now clearer and Alt costumes exist (they're not too great though).
Basically:

"SomeGuy51 said:
It still needs work, but it's already amazingly better than before.
Cid was just wonderful. Lovely use of extra graphics and title banners. And it was easy to read too. It's nice how you don't glorify the boring moves.

I'm crying at the lack of extras though..

Curse you Chief Mendez. Extras are awsome!
But thanks for complimenting my AT...
Seconded on the Cid thing. I might end up absconding with those analog stick things...

@Extras: ...Sorry? It's not like I'm forcing anyone to include less of them, but honestly I like 'sets more when they aren't weighed down with a bunch of extra text. That's just me, of course, but I reckon that there are a good number of other people here that'd rather read something short and sweet than long and drawn-out. Opinions opinions.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
And yes he can somewhat be low tier, but that is not an element in this contest.
You're absolutely right. I was just checking if I was reading him correctly ;)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Thank you all. I aim to please. It this sets a new trend, fine by me. I am a designer at heart. I can't settle with endless texts. And I am not fond of extras either. But that's me.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Looks awesome there, Crux. :)

EDIT: Holy freaking gosh...

Guys, I think I need a new page. :) :bee: :grin: :bee: :) :bee: :bee: :grin: :bee: :) :grin:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
PAGE BUMP. RIGHT NOW.

To remind everyone, I called reviewing the Helpers.

*prepares to read*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
~~~~~SUPER STAR HELPERS~~~~~

Four of the Helper characters from Kirby Super Star team up to join the Brawl! Each of these Helpers has abilities similar to the ones Kirby gains from swallowing their enemy counterparts. Their respective abilities are:

• Knuckle Joe – Fighter
  • Poppy Bros. Jr. – Bomb
  • Bugzzy – Suplex
  • Sir Kibble – Cutter

Only one is on the field of battle at a time, with the ability to switch to any of the other Helpers. When you select the character, all four will appear in the character selection box, and you will not continue until you select one. There is also a small star in the center of them all that you can select if you’d like to play as a random one. (This way, they all get their own Wii Remote sound! Yay!) They each have their respective advantages and disadvantages in the fields of Speed, Power, Weight, and Range, set up like this:

They’re quite strong in each of their strong points, but also notably weak in their weak ones. What this means is that effective switching makes this team a force to be reckoned with, while improper switching leaves you with two blaring disadvantages in your character. Speaking of switching, let me explain the switching mechanic, the Down Special.

SWITCHING MECHANIC

Down Special – Swap Star – Pressing Down B will cause a Warp Star to jet from the background to your current Helper, and rush them back to the background. All in all, this animation takes about a second, and you can’t be hit once it gets about halfway through (since you’ll no longer be on the battle plane). The spot where the Star gets to the background shines brightly for about a second, and then a similar animation to the first occurs, wherein the new Helper is rushed to the stage via Warp Star, which then returns to the background. This final animation also takes about a second, totaling the attack to 3 seconds, 2 of which you are invulnerable for.

Unlike many switching mechanics, this one allows you to switch to any of the other Helpers. During the second that the star is glowing in the background, you can press a specific button assigned to the Helper you want to get that Helper. The buttons are as follows, and all relate to one of the character’s most prominent strengths:

• Attack Button – Knuckle Joe
  • Jump Button – Poppy Bros. Jr.
  • Grab Button – Bugzzy
  • Shield Button – Sir Kibble

This allows you to switch to any of the other Helpers. However, if you don’t press any button during the allotted time, you’ll switch in this order:

Knuckle Joe -> Poppy Bros. Jr. -> Bugzzy -> Sir Kibble

…and then repeat. If you press the same button as the character you’re using, however (for example, you press the Attack button after starting to switch out Knuckle Joe), the character you were using will return on the Warp Star with a unique attack. Yes, despite having a Down B for a switch, these characters are not robbed of a Down B attack. In fact, because of the two-second downtime, most of their Down B attacks are quite powerful! I’ll cover the specifics of each character in their sections, as their Down Special move. Speaking of specific characters, let’s get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KNUCKLE JOE

Despite having only appeared in a couple of Kirby games, Knuckle Joe is a favorite among dedicated fans. Sporting a vast array of martial arts moves, enemy Knuckle Joes are not to be taken lightly. As a helper, Knuckle Joe has the same abilities as Fighter Kirby. A few of Knuckle Joe’s signature moves include the Vulcan Jab, the Smash Punch, and the Rising Break, all three of which can be seen in his Assist Trophy. Personality-wise, Knuckle Joe is generally accepted to be the type who loves a fight, and is always eager to prove himself against any opponent. Cocky and full of energy, Knuckle Joe will take on any challenge, no matter the odds.

STATS

Size: Small – Knuckle Joe is about the same size as Kirby, roughly his Assist Trophy size.
Weight: Light – Joe’s a light character, and I mean very light. If he gets hit, he’s gonna FLY!
Power: Strong
Jumps: 2
Jump (1): Mid-High
Jump (2): Mid
Speed (Walk): Mid
Speed (Run): Fast – Get this guy running, and he’ll blow you away. He clocks in at third fastest in the game, right after Sonic and Captain Falcon!
Traction: Bad
Speed (Attack): Fast
Speed (Falling): Mid
Range: Short
Crouch: Mid-High
Crawl: No
Wall-Kick: Yes – Joe has a wicked wall-kick, at least when it comes to horizontal distance. He doesn’t gain a lot of distance vertically, but he rockets off that wall horizontally.
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

SPECIAL MECHANIC: CHI

Joe uses the power of Chi (shown by a glowing purple energy) in many of his attacks. Joe has 10 units of Chi energy at the start of the battle, and can have a maximum of 15. Like the Pokemon Trainer and fatigue, Joe generally gives no indication of his Chi level. He will indicate only at certain levels of Chi.

- At 0 Chi, you’ll hear Joe utter a subtle “Uh-oh…”
- At 1 Chi (only coming off of zero), Joe briefly glows purple, chuckling slightly.
- At 10 Chi, Joe exclaims, “All right!”
- At 15 Chi, Joe screams, “Full power!”

There are a few ways that Joe can lose and gain Chi.

Most importantly, Joe uses up one unit of Chi every time he uses an attack that uses Chi. He also loses a unit of Chi if he falls off the screen and loses a life. These are the only two ways to lose Chi, but you’ll find yourself doing the first one quite a bit, probably, since many of his attacks use Chi. Attacks that use Chi have a [Chi] note after their explanations here. If Joe tries to use one of these attacks while he has no Chi, he will go through the motions of the attack as normal, but it will cause no damage and no knockback. (Of note is the fact that his Up Special still serves as a recovery without Chi).

Joe can regain Chi through a number of methods. First of all, he gains one unit of Chi every 30 seconds he is in play. So if you’re infrequent enough about using your Chi moves, you won’t even notice the difference. Joe also gains a unit of Chi every time he makes a KO. Hammering on your opponents pays off, as long as you do it right. If Joe gets and uses his Final Smash (regardless of whether or not it connects with anyone), he will either gain 5 Chi or restore himself to 10, whichever will be higher (for example, at 3 Chi, he will restore to 10, but at 8 Chi, he will gain 5 and be at 13). The last way that Joe can regain Chi is through switching out. If Joe switches out below 10 Chi, he will restore Chi at a much faster rate of 1 unit per 5 seconds, but will not exceed 10 by this method.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard Combo – Vulcan Jab – One of Joe’s signature moves, the Vulcan Jab, makes its appearance early in the moveset. This move works similarly to how it does in his Assist Trophy in Brawl. Joe lets off a flurry of punches, each releasing a burst of purple energy. Mechanically, this Combo is similar to Meta Knight’s: All you have to do is hold the A button, and he’ll keep going. The hit rate, lag amounts, and damage are similar as well, with the main difference being in the hitbox area. Joe’s punches cover a horizontal distance almost one Battlefield platform long, but vertically, Meta Knight’s Combo covers about twice as much distance. Damage is variable, depending on how long an opponent is caught in the jabs.
[Variable Damage, 1% per hit, Chi]

Forward Tilt – Swipe – Joe leans forward and swipes his right fist horizontally. This is among his weaker moves, but it comes out lightning-quick, and has extremely small ending lag as well, making it repeatable at about the same rate as Ness’s Down Tilt. The distance Joe’s punch covers is nothing to marvel at, so the hallmark of this attack is definitely its speed. The damage is nothing to scoff at, either, strapping a solid 5% damage onto your opponents damage meter with every hit, and the move being so easy to hit multiple times with if you’re opponent’s nearby. There’s practically no knockback, also, to make this a great damage-racking-up move.
[5%]

Up Tilt – Flip Kick – Similar in appearance to Fox’s or Kirby’s Up Smash, Joe flips over backward, kicking his legs at opponents above him. The distance covered is slightly less than Kirby’s Up Smash covers, but the move also executes about twice as fast, starting as soon as you press the button. As Joe completes the flip, he pauses slightly as his feet hit the ground, almost as if catching his balance, so this move can’t be repeated at a very rapid rate. The kick deals about 8% damage, with decent directly-vertical knockback.
[8%]

Down Tilt – Tripper – From his slightly crouched position, Joe spins horizontally, extending his right leg at a low angle as he does. The move takes about as long as Lucas’s Down Tilt to execute, and has similar startup and ending lag. Joe’s reach with the kick is extremely short, hitting only opponents that are very close to him, practically on top of him. The kick deals 6% damage, and has an unmatched 80% chance of tripping anyone it hits. It can be used repeatedly on an enemy that doesn’t trip, but if someone is tripped by the move, and you are repeating the kick as fast as possible, the next kick will miss, as your opponent will be tumbling through the air, about to fall on their backside. Watch for the trip, though, and you can pull of a stronger move as your opponent becomes helpless.
[6%]

Dash Attack – Flurry Spin – Coming off of a speedy dash, Joe performs a very fast short hop and tucks into a tight ball, spinning at an insanely rapid rate, surrounded by a small aura of Chi. He’s slightly off the ground as he goes, but most characters won’t be able to get under the attack. You’d have to have a real good crouch, like Kirby, or have a Poison Mushroom in effect to be able to get under him. He covers a distance about one Battlefield platform long before landing on his feet, at which point he lands and catches his balance briefly, causing slight ending lag. This move has surprisingly high priority, and will cancel out a fair number of projectiles, from Mario’s Fireball to Samus’s Super Missiles. As Joe spins, he deals multi-hit damage up to 10%, but since you’re moving as you go, you’ll likely only get 6-7% on any one opponent. This move should be used carefully, as any opponent who’s quick enough will catch you on the ending lag and punish this move quite easily, even after being hit.
[Up to 10%, Chi]

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – Triple Kick – Joe charges up with his right leg held behind him. When the button is released, he spins rapidly on his left leg with his right leg extended, completely horizontal. This move has startup lag slightly less than the average Smash Attack. Joe spins such that three hits are executed to the front, and two to the back. The range is slightly less than Ness’s Forward Smash, both to the front and the back, for all the kicks. The first two frontal hits and both of the backward hits deal 3-5% damage, depending on the charge, and have no significant knockback (but do make enemies flinch). The final kick to the front seals the deal with 14-20% damage and high forward knockback, at about a 30 degree angle from the horizontal. The rate of execution for the kicks is such that the entire Smash Attack takes about as long as Zero Suit Samus’s Up Smash, meaning Joe pulls the kicks fast. In short, if you hit with one, you’ll hit with what follows. Obviously, it’s ideal that your opponent is in front of you, as opponents to the back will only take damage, with no noteworthy knockback associated. Joe pauses briefly when the attack finishes as well, so those opponents in back will likely have their revenge.
[Front: 20-30%]
[Back: 6-10%]

Up Smash – Set Punch – Joe lowers his right fist in front of him, and a purple mist swirls around it as he charges. When released, Joe’s fist emits a radiant purple burst, and he performs a powerful punch directly upward. The hitbox is sizeable enough (roughly the size of a Party Ball), but basically only encompasses Joe’s body, as his arms are short and his fist doesn’t go very high. This moves comes out at about average speed, but has almost no ending lag to go with it. Opponents hit by the punch receive low knockback directly upward, as well as 10-16% damage. The highlight quality of this move is that, if it connects, it has an incredibly long hitstun. Opponents are knocked skyward, and remain immobile for 1-2 seconds, depending on charge. Couple that with the minimal ending lag Joe suffers, and it’s very easy to combo into an Aerial out of this move, as long as you know what you’re doing.
[10-16%, Chi]

Down Smash – Quake – Joe raises his right fist over his head, with his left clenched at his side, charging this move. When the button is released, Joe slams his right fist into the ground, ducking his head low and lifting his left fist into the air as he does. The result is a small shockwave that affects the ground nearby. Only ground-bound opponents can be hit by this move, and the hitbox’s duration is very brief, but it has the longest range of all of Joe’s Smash Attacks, affecting opponents within about 1 Battlefield platform of Joe to either side. Opponents unlucky enough to feel the shockwave are rewarded with a devastatingly powerful upward knockback, as well as 15-20% damage. Unfortunately, the shockwave slightly affects Joe as well, so although the move has relatively little startup lag, its ending lag is almost a second long, as Joe pulls his fist up and waves it around a little to loosen up.
[15-20%]

AERIALS

Neutral Air – Chi Pulse – A purple energy swirls around Joe briefly, then rushes into his center and explodes outward, damaging nearby enemies. This move has more startup lag than most of Joe’s attacks, and deals less damage, but its range is deceptively long compared to others of his attacks. All in all, the move hits within about half of a Smart Bomb explosion radius, but only gives knockback within half of that. The knockback is moderately strong, and the damage is variable from 1-10%, depending on how close the affected opponent is to the center of the blast. This move is fairly good for approaching from the air, because of its long range compared to most of the rest of Joe’s Aerials.
[1-10%, Chi]

Forward Air – Rocket Punch – Joe pulls his left fist to his side quickly, then launches it forward, spinning himself 360 degrees horizontally as he does. This move only hits to the front, however, as that’s where Joe puts the power of the punch. Startup lag is minimal, and ending lag is below average as well, but Joe again suffers in his range. His reach is about half of Olimar’s Forward Air with the Pikmin. However, as usual, Joe makes up for his lack of range with some serious power. This Aerial deals a whopping 12% damage, with high knockback, directly horizontal. Just get in close, and this move’s a real killer.
[12%]

Backward Air – Spin Kick – One of Joe’s lesser signature moves. Joe spins around 180 degrees and extends a leg rapidly. Because of his need to turn around, this is a little slower to execute than most of his moves. The extended leg functions as a sort of sex kick, covering a short range and doing a pathetic 3% damage to anyone it contacts. But wait! There’s a redeeming quality! As Joe extends the leg, a small burst of purple Chi energy shoots out a short distance (about the distance Wolf’s Neutral Special shoots, and it’s roughly the same size as well). Because of the sex kick property, this move has endling lag and is not spammable, so you have to time the kick right if you want to hit an enemy with the Chi burst. It’s worth it, though, as the Chi deals 10% damage, and has good upward knockback if it connects. This move also turns Joe around, similar to Marth’s Backward Air, so he’s facing the opposite direction when it finishes.
[3% or 10%, Chi]

Up Air – Chi Shot – Joe pushes both fists upward, surrounded by purple, flowing Chi energy. The Chi releases a powerful blast of energy, affecting an area similar to Zelda’s Up Air, but much closer to Joe’s body, and with a smaller radius. This move is quick on both the front and back ends, but has an extremely small hitbox, so it might as well just be a sweet spot. If you can manage to connect, though, your opponent will suffer 15% damage, and incredible upward knockback. High risk, high reward. Practice makes perfect with this one, and it’s a valuable asset to anyone who’s willing to take the time.
[15%, Chi]

Down Air – Driving Kick – A stall-then-fall, but minus the long stall. Joe rushes downward with a leg outstretched, at an angle similar to Sonic’s. Joe, however, suffers no initial lag. He just starts going down. His body is the hitbox for this move, and he deals a considerable 8% damage to anyone he hits, with average knockback along the path Joe is traveling. Unfortunately, Joe will not stop going until he hits the ground, so make sure you’ve got somewhere to land. Joe throws a fist forward as he hits the ground, so if he’s dragged someone with him down there, they’ll get a second blow, of strong knockback and another 8% damage. Joe gets cocky at the end of this move after hitting the ground, and strikes a pose for about a second, making it extremely punishable if you don’t connect.
[8% + 8%]

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special – Smash Punch – Employing one of his signature abilities, Joe releases a powerful punch from his right fist that sends forth a rush of purple Chi energy. The horizontal distance covered by the glowing purple hitbox is similar to that of Falcon Punch, but it’s lower to the ground. This move only takes about half a second to start, making it quicker than Falcon Punch on that front. It dishes up a solid 25% damage if it connects, something your opponents are sure to dread. Unfortunately, it has relatively weak knockback (usually) at an angle about 20 degrees from the horizontal. The release of so much concentrated energy takes a lot out of Joe, unfortunately, and he sits and recharges, catching his breath, for about a second and a half after the punch. This makes this move incredible punishable should you miss, but as long as you can connect, it’s decently quick and powerful. If you hit someone, they’ll have hitstun approximately equal to Joe’s downtime after the move, so you can’t combo with it, but you also won’t be punished. Landing this move isn’t likely to KO at low percents, so it really only serves as a heavy damager, but as soon as your opponent hits 150%, the knockback of this move becomes incredibly powerful, so it makes an excellent finisher if you can hit. Secure yourself a hit, and go for it!
[25%, Chi]

Side Special – Rebound – This is an extremely situational attack. You can only use it under either of two conditions: You must either 1) be running, or 2) be falling. A Smashed Side B will work as a running Rebound. If used at any other time (basically as a Tilted Side B), Joe will look at the camera and shrug, leaving your vulnerable for about half a second while he does. Depending on certain conditions, this move works differently, so let me cover each situation separately:

If you are running and you press B (making it a Side Special that’s executed), Joe will short hop forward in the air. In fact, it looks just like you short-hopped, but if you hit something, the move will make itself manifest. Connecting with an opponent or a large item (such as a crate) mid-air will cause Joe to kick off that opponent or item at a 45 degree angle back the way he was coming. In kicking off, he deals 10% damage and moderate knockback to the unlucky victim. He’ll kick off opponents even if they’re shielding, though they won’t take the damage. so you don’t have to worry about being punished unless they dodge, and that’s difficult anyway, since Joe recovers quickly from this move if he misses. He gains a distance about equal to 3 Stage Builder blocks upward and backward when he kicks off, and becomes controllable about halfway through the jump, meaning you could execute an Aerial at that point. This move is useful for approaches when your opponent doesn’t see it coming, but if they do, they’re likely to make it your downfall, as this move suffers awful priority, and is easily beaten out.
[10%]

The fall-based Rebound works similarly, minus the initial short hop. Joe readies a leg, and kicks off if he comes in contact with anyone or anything (including the floor) within about 1 second of the move’s use. Because the knockback is directly horizontal, this is useful for shoving opponents off the screen. Joe will kick the opponent the direction you push the control stick, jumping back the opposite direction, so keep that in mind when using this move.
[10%]

If you use the running Rebound and hit a wall while in mid-jump, Joe will kick off the wall ferociously. This is the move’s most deadly use, but unfortunately, it does require a wall. In any case, Joe will propel himself off the wall at an alarming rate, extending a leg with a blizzard of purple Chi surrounding it. He’ll shoot off for about the distance of a Fox Illusion, though not as quickly, he goes more the speed of Fire Fox. He shoots off directly horizontal by default, but can be angle up to 30 degrees from the horizontal with the control stick. Anyone he connects while his leg is extended receives 18% damage and high knockback, directly horizontal away from Joe. Incorporating this move effectively into your game is seriously rewarding, but takes a lot of practice.
[18%, Chi]

Up Special – Rising Break – As in Joe’s Assist Trophy, a massive uppercut carries him skyward. This executes quickly, with very little startup lag. Joe follows a curve similar to that of Marth’s Dolphin Slash, but covers a further horizontal distance and doesn’t go quite as fast. The Chi emitting from Joe’s fist as he goes traps opponents in the attack, dealing multi-hit damage up to 10% before the move’s end, at which point a 5% damage-dealing hit rockets opponents upward. As Joe reaches the apex of his jump, he does a backflip, at which point he enters freefall and cannot perform any other attacks. This move is useful for both recovery and attack, as it covers a good distance and also does a fair amount of damage with good knockback.
[Up to 15%, Chi]

Down Special – Megaton Punch – If you start switching Joe out and then bring him back in, he’ll rush down on the Warp Star from the top of the screen, along the exact vertical plane he left on, and hit the ground with devastating force. If there’s no ground, you’re out of luck. Anyone he hits while falling will be sent flying down and get 5% damage, but hitting the ground is where the real fun is. As Joe strikes the ground, an eruption of purple Chi energy flares up around him, its hitbox being about as tall as Bowser and as wide to each side of Joe as a Battlefield platform. This Chi eruption deals 20% damage and has great knockback, at a 45 degree angle upward and away from Joe. The hitbox, though large, doesn’t last long at all, so this move can be easily spot-dodged. Regardless, it may seems incredibly overpowered, until you find out that Joe is vulnerable for almost 3 seconds after he hits the ground! This makes him very punishable, as his fist is stuck in the ground and he’s got to use all his might to pull it out. During this time, Joe also takes 1.5X normal damage and knockback from any moves that hit him, because he’s just exerted such an incredible amount of energy, making this his most punishable move by a long shot. If you’re falling directly below the stage, and you remember that Joe always comes from the very top of the screen, what have you got to lose? Otherwise, use with caution.
[5% + 20%, Chi]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash – Fury Fighter – In order to proceed with this Final Smash, Joe must first lock onto a specific opponent. The catch-box for locking onto an opponent is slightly smaller than Meta Knight’s cape when he uses Galaxia Darkness, but in Joe’s case, is shown by a purple wave of Chi that emits from his gleaming eyes. If he hits an opponent with this, he’ll begin hammering them with punches and kicks, similar to Great Aether or the Triforce Slash. All in all, Joe deals about 40% damage to all enemies he’s caught, but won’t damage anyone who enters the fray later than the initial catch (although they’ll be knocked back from the hits). When he finishes with that, things get fun. If there is another opponent who was not caught, Joe will proceed to kick his victim(s) directly toward them, and if they’re hit, they’ll suffer 10% damage and good knockback. The victims are immobile until they strike the floor or a wall, so someone who avoided the catch could be a real jerk and stay air-born, ensuring Joe a kill, but would have to make sure they could air-dodge, as Joe kicks his victims rather quickly. If there is no one who wasn’t caught, Joe will kick his opponents toward the center of the stage, where they will strike the ground and be launched. This later launch does no damage, just a lot of knockback.
[40% or 10%]

GRAB AND THROWS

Grab – Normal – Joe grabs his opponent with both hands. His grab range isn’t great, but it’s not horrible either.

Pummel – Joe quickly slams his opponent to the ground and lifts them up again. This is an effective pummel, as it’s both fast and damage-dealing. If you learn the timing, you can do it almost as rapidly as Ness’s pummel, and each hit does 3% damage.
[3%]

Forward Throw – Gut Shot – Joe punches his foe hard in the gut, sending them flying forward and up. This throw takes about one second, deals 9% damage, and has moderate knockback at about a 45 degree angle.
[9%]

Backward Throw – Bicycle Kick – After tossing his opponent a short distance into the air, Joe jumps and bicycle kicks them backward, then landing on his back before he gets up. This throw gets Joe off the ground for a brief period, but leaves him vulnerable as he lands. It takes about a second and a half to perform, and does 8% damage, with directly horizontal knockback.
[8%]

Up Throw – Ricochet Combo – Joe throws his opponent to the ground, dealing 4% damage, then, as they bounce off of it, he performs a backflip, kicking his unlucky opponent skyward with another 5% damage. The whole throw takes about a second, and the knockback is moderate.
[4% + 5%]

Down Throw – Vulcan Frenzy – Joe tosses his victim to the ground, then proceed to unleash the Vulcan Jab on them for 10 hits, each dealing 1% damage. After the final Jab, the enemy is released and flies a short distance into the air and forward. No chain grab. This throw takes about two seconds to fully execute.
[Up to 10%, Chi]

RECOVERY ATTACKS

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) – Joe leaps up quickly and sweeps his left leg along the ground as he stands. Range is short, and the attack does 6% damage, but it’s among the quicker Ledge Attacks.
[6%]

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) – Joe jumps up, landing on his behind, then propels himself to his feet with his hands, kicking forward as he does. This is a tad slow, but reaches farther than his Under 100% Ledge Attack, and does the same damage.
[6%]

Get Up Attack (From Front) – Joe spins on his hands with his legs outstretched, like Mario’s Down Smash. It doesn’t reach far, and does 5% damage to anyone he hits.
[/5%]

Get Up Attack (From Back) – Joe pushes up onto one hand, then spins with his legs outstretched in the air, then falls to his feet. The hitbox lasts longer than the majority of Get Up Attacks, and does 5% damage to anyone Joe hits. Again, he doesn’t reach too far with it.
[5%]

Get Up Attack (From Rear) – Joe jumps onto one leg, kicking the other to the back and thrusting a fist forward simultaneously, then quickly withdraws them, ready to fight again. The kick does 6% damage, and the punch 5%. The kick reaches further than the punch, but neither goes very far.
[5% or 6%]

TAUNTS AND VICTORY POSES

Up Taunt – Joe clenches his fists and shuts his eyes tightly, as purple Chi energy swirls around him for a second or so. He then returns to normal.

Side Taunt – Joe performs a quick one-two punch (that does no damage), saying “Ha!” as he does.

Down Taunt – Joe pounds the ground with both fists, and the ground cracks. The crack lasts for a few seconds, but is purely aesthetical.

Up Victory Pose – A scream of “Hi-yah!!” is heard, and the ground cracks and breaks as Joe bursts out, landing on both feet with his fists clenched at his side.

Side Victory Pose – Joe performs a Vulcan Jab first toward the left side of the screen, then toward the right, and then faces the camera, fists clenched.

Down Victory Pose – A wild yell is heard, and Joe falls from the sky and strikes the ground with both fists, creating a large fissure horizontally across the foreground. He then stands behind it and folds his arms, looking pleased at his masterpiece.

Loss Pose – Joe stands and claps, just to be a good sport, all the while shaking his head and looking very disappointed with himself.

MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS

Idle 1 – Joe reaches up and adjusts his headband, then returns his hands to his side.

Idle 2 – Joe pumps one fist, then the other, keeping himself warmed up.

Crouch – Joe bends over, putting one fist to the floor to balance himself as he does. He doesn’t go too far down, unfortunately.

Run – Joe runs somewhat similar to Sonic, with both fists held behind him, head ducked, legs flying.

Wall Hit – If Joe is running and strikes a wall, he’ll jump up and run along it horizontally for a very short distance to stop himself. He completes only a 180 degree turn, so he’ll be facing away from the wall if this happens, which a smart player can use to their advantage.

Dizzy – Joe holds the sides of his head with his fists, eyes shut tightly, as he sways from side to side.

Sleep – Joe’s arms fall limp as his head hangs low, but he remains standing on both feet.

Shield – Joe assumes a defensive pose with both clenched fists in front of his face behind his bubble shield.

EXTRAS

Symbol – Warp Star

Entrance – Joe falls from above the screen onto the stage, pounding the ground with both fists and screaming “Yah!” as he does.

Alternate Costumes – Costume changes affect Joe’s jumpsuit and hair.
+ Standard – Blue jumpsuit; blond hair
+ Blue Team – Dark blue jumpsuit; light blue hair
+ Red Team – Red jumpsuit; light purple hair
+ Green Team – Green jumpsuit; silver hair
+ Brown – Tan jumpsuit; brown hair
+ Black & White – Black jumpsuit; white hair

Wii Remote Sound – Joe screams (as he does sometimes as he pops out of his Assist Trophy), “Leave it to me!”

Kirby Hat – Kirby gets Joe’s headband and stylish hairdo, as well as the Smash Punch ability, which functions exactly like Joe’s.

SOLID SNAKE CODEC CONVERSATION

SNAKE: Colonel, who is this guy?

COLONEL: That’s Knuckle Joe, Snake. He’s a martial artist from Dream Land. He’s known for such signature moves as the Vulcan Jab, the Smash Punch, and the Rising Break.

SNAKE: Right… Look, Colonel, I really don’t think I can take a so-called martial artist with such stubby arms and legs seriously.

COLONEL: Don’t underestimate him, Snake. He may not have much of a reach, but if he gets in close, Knuckle Joe really knows how to put the hurt on.

SNAKE: Uh-huh…

COLONEL: Just do your job, Snake.

SNAKE: Now you’re talking…

PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY

To play effectively with Knuckle Joe, you want to stay up in your opponent’s face a lot. Any camping from either player is going to hurt Joe’s game. Joe’s minimal range requires you to really get in close, so knowing your good approaches is key. The Dash Attack (with its high priority) and Neutral Air (with its deceptively long range) are two ideal methods of approaching. Should you fall short or go long on your approach, the Down Smash’s range can help you keep your opponent from punishing you.

If you’re in right, the Forward Smash and Up Smash are both excellent options. Comboing from and Up Smash into the Forward Air is an ideal KO technique, as long as you can get both hits to connect, which isn’t easy, since they both have very short ranges. Joe’s Down Air can also be used for approaches in some cases. The Up Air is helpful mostly when dealing with opponents who prefer the air, while the Back Air is good for throwing a ranged attack in once in a while, which generally throws your opponent off a bit.

The Rebound is highly situational, so it’s best used infrequently, though it can be a good KO move off the wall, and also a decent edge-guard. Airborne opponents will find the Rising Break an unwelcome upward approach, and it’s also great for recoveries. Both the Smash Punch and Megaton Punch should be used only when a hit is pretty well guaranteed, as they both have punishable downtime after the move’s execution. The Megaton Punch can be used to recover from below the stage, but generally leaves you open to a hit afterward unless your opponent is an inexperienced player.

Because of Joe’s light weight and need to play close-up, it’s good to know your moves backward and forward before playing him seriously. You’ll want to combo as much as possible and allow your opponent as few hits as humanly possible. If you can’t, Joe often struggles to land hits, as he flies far from opponents and can’t get hits in if they’re too offensive. Forcing your opponent to play defensively is key, as that best allows Joe to unleash his brutal arsenal and usually score a good number of KOs.

AUTHOR’S NOTES

Joe may appear overpowered as you read through the moves, but recall that he’s also extremely light, and all his best KO moves have almost no range, and/or have a lot of downtime after the hitbox fades. Joe’s power has to be used right to be anywhere near effective, so his short range and light weight can really ruin an inexperienced player. In the hands of a good player, Joe is a brutal force for racking up damage and sending opponents flying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

POPPY BROS. JR.

A smaller incarnation of the mini-boss Poppy Bros Sr., a Poppy Bros. Jr. is a jester-like enemy that’s found in various places in Dream Land. While some of them have been known to wield boomerangs or roll around on apples, the majority of Poppy Bros. Jr. carry around bombs that they’ll throw at Kirby as he passes. Always wearing a jolly smile as he attacks, it would seem that Poppy Bros. Jr. does this for no other reason than that it’s fun.​

Note: All the bombs Poppy uses are the same size as the apples on Green Greens.

STATS

Size: Small
Weight: Light
Power: Weak – Despite those bombs looking dangerous, they don’t pack too much of a punch.
Jump (1): High
Jump (2): High – Poppy’s jumping abilities are unmatched among Smashers.
Speed (Walk): Mid-Fast
Speed (Run): Fast
Traction: Bad – Poppy has about the worst traction in the game. He slides A LOT.
Speed (Attack): Mid
Speed (Falling): Mid-Slow
Range: Long – Both in melee attacks and projectiles, Poppy reaches far.
Crouch: Mid-Low
Wall-Kick: Yes – Poppy’s Wall-Kick gets him straight up that wall. It gains relatively little distance horizontally, be he rockets up about twice the distance of most wall-kicking characters.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard Combo – Tornado Kick – Poppy quickly falls to his back as he starts running with his feet in the air. He runs similar to Sonic, with his feet making circles as they go. His feet are large, so this reaches about as far as Mr. Game & Watch’s Standard Combo, and functions similarly as well. As long as one kick hits, the next will execute automatically if the button is held, but if not, the Combo will stop. Each hit does 2% damage, and has a moderately strong pull-in for another hit. Poppy gets back up pretty quick when he’s done, so this move isn’t especially punishable, though it seems like it would be when you first see it.
[Variable Damage, 2% per hit]

Forward Tilt – Pirouette Kick – Poppy spins, leg extended, to damage opponents. He spins fast and gets two kicks off, one really weak and the other a little stronger. Both hits have a solid range, about as long as Kirby’s Forward Tilt. Poppy spins about as fast as Jigglypuff does in her Side Taunt, so if you get hit by the first kick, which does only 2% damage and has basically no knockback, you’re guaranteed to get hit by the next one, which has a little knockback and does 5% damage. Poppy recovers quickly from this move, so it’s not punishable, except from the back during execution.
[2% + 5%]

Up Tilt – Twirl-a-Whirl – Poppy spins very fast in place. He does this for about a second. Enemies he touches receive multi-hit damage up to 8%. This is one of Poppy’s moves that, unfortunately, doesn’t have a lot of range. The hitbox only consists of his spinning body, but it has a slight horizontal suction if enemies are close. At the finish, there’s a slight knockback, just enough to clear Poppy some space as the move ends. He suffers a little ending lag on this move, posing briefly as he finishes spinning.
[Up to 8%]

Down Tilt – Foot Clap – Poppy, lying on his back, extends both feet forward and claps them together. He reaches far, about as far as Olimar does with his sliding Down Tilt, though he doesn’t move like Olimar does. There’s a slight startup lag as Poppy gets his feet stretched out, but the reward is a 10% damage-dealing hit with a sizeable hitbox. Poppy also suffers a little ending lag on this move. The knockback of the clap is about 20 degrees from the horizontal, away from Poppy, and moderately strong. This is the only one of Poppy’s Tilts that’s even remotely likely to score a KO.
[10%]

Dash Attack – Super Slide – Poppy leaps forward and slides on his stomach a good distance, damaging anyone he hits along the way. When I say “a good distance,” I mean almost half the length of Final Destination. This move has decent priority, so it can be useful for canceling weaker projectiles as well. While Poppy is going, his entire body is a hitbox, dealing 6% damage to those he hits. During the initial leap, however, which covers a distance of about one Battlefield platform, Poppy does 8% damage to anyone he comes in contact with. Knockback is directly upward, though not strong, during the initial leap, but during the slide, there’s no knockback. Rather, opponents are 100% guaranteed to trip if hit by Poppy while he’s sliding. Once he’s finished, Poppy quickly hops up and flips to his feet, reducing ending lag to a minimum. If you distance yourself right, he’ll be up before your tripped opponent has a chance to be.
[8% or 6%]

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – Pinwheel Spin – Poppy jumps forward, spinning like Mario does during his Down Taunt, damaging opponents as he goes. He covers a distance approximately equal to one-and-a-half Battlefield platforms. He’s barely above the ground as he goes, so you can’t duck under him. Poppy does 12% damage and moderate-weak backward knockback (yes, it hits them straight behind him) if he hits anyone, and the damage is not affected by charging. So why charge the move? Because it make him go faster! Completely uncharged, Poppy takes about two seconds to complete the move, and has pretty bad priority. Fully charged, however, he takes only about half a second, and has much better priority. There’s not much startup lag, but the ending lag on this move is something to probably be aware of. Poppy catches his balance for almost half a second at the move’s end, so it’s a tad bit punishable.
[12%]

Up Smash – Rocket Bomb – Poppy throws a bomb upward that explodes once it reaches its peak height. The height is determined by the charge, similar to Snake’s Up Smash. Unlike Snake’s, recall that the bomb explodes at peak height, so it will not fall back down, and will not explode on any opponents it strikes on the way up. If it does hit an opponent on the way up, it has a slight upward knockback, and also deals 2% damage. The bomb goes at a speed similar to Snake’s Up Smash, and the charge-to-height ratio is very similar as well. The explosion has about half the radius of a Smart Bomb explosion, and does 12% damage, with moderately weak knockback, directly away from the center of the explosion. Poppy suffers slight lag at the beginning of this move as he pulls a bomb out, but almost none at the end, allowing for the possibility to combo.
[2% + 12%]

Down Smash – Bomb Party – Poppy sets bombs all around him that explode when the button is released. The longer you charge, the more bombs he places, which does not increase damage, but increases the blast radius of the party, giving this Down Smash some serious range. This move has a longer charging time than most, only reaching full charge after five seconds of holding down the button. At the beginning of every second, Poppy places another bomb in the heap surrounding him. The bombs will go off at the end of the second that you release the button. For example, releasing the button at the beginning of the third second will not stop Poppy from placing the third bomb and waiting until the end of the third second to detonate. Poppy ducks down and covers his head when you release the button, signaling that the bombs will now go off. The blast radius increases at even intervals, from one bomb having about the blast radius of a Bob-omb, to five bombs having a blast radius slightly larger than that of a Smart Bomb explosion. The blast will not pass through solid platforms, but will pass through pass-through platforms, such as those hovering over Battlefield. For this reason, it’s difficult to use it for edge-guarding an opponent, since the blast will not reach below the edge. Anyone caught in the blast is dealt 14% damage, with moderate knockback away from the center of the explosion. Poppy is slightly stunned after such a massive explosion, so he suffers a moderate ending lag as he hops to his feet and shakes it off.
[14%]

AERIALS

Neutral Air – Swell Up – Poppy swells up (go figure) and bursts, presumably from a bomb (inside him, maybe?). There’s no after-effect or anything, he returns to normal after blowing up. He gets about as big as King Dedede, and damage is only done from the explosion, which takes about a second to get to. There’s pretty much no ending lag, though. The blast radius is about half that of a Smart Bomb, but the hitbox only lasts for a split second. Anyone caught in the smoggy blast receives 8% damage and moderate-weak knockback. Poppy falls very slowly the first time this is used in the air, so you won’t have to worry about falling far during the time he’s swelling up, but if you use it again without touching the ground, you won’t have that luxury.
[8%]

Forward Air – Dud Toss – Poppy tosses a dud bomb forward. It is affected by gravity, and stops after covering a distance about half of what Mario’s Fireball does. The gravity on it is similar to throwing a crate or barrel, so it’s seemingly a pretty heavy dud, and will end up covering a lot more downward distance than forward. If the bomb hits anyone, it will do 6% damage, and do weak downward knockback, bouncing on them when it does. Hitting someone will also double the length of time the bomb has left on the field before it will vanish. So hitting early can make the bomb drop a lot further (even though it will have to bounce a short distance up when it first hits). The downward spike of the bomb is weak, so don’t expect many KOs from it, but it’s still a nice attack for approaching from above. When a bomb strikes the ground, it will disappear with no additional effect.
[6%]

Backward Air – Launch Kick – Poppy kicks backward with both feet. This kick is similar to those of characters like Kirby and Mario, but with a notable difference: If Poppy hits an opponent, he’ll kick himself a good distance forward in the air! His range is similar to Mario’s Backward Air. Hitting an enemy (or a crate/barrel) will shoot him forward about the distance of a Fox Illusion, and will keep him at the same vertical level while it does. The kick does 6% damage to anyone hit, and directly horizontal backward knockback. The knockback is moderate, and one of Poppy’s better Aerials for KOing opponents.
[6%]

Up Air – Juggle Bomb – Poppy tosses a bomb upward, then catches it as it falls back down. You can throw up to two bombs at a time, so you can cover yourself pretty well from overhead attacks, but there’s a lot of ending lag as Poppy’s got to catch the bombs and put them away. The peak height of the juggled bombs is about one Stage Builder block above Poppy, and the full cycle takes about a second and a half for each bomb. The bombs rise and fall as Poppy does, so they won’t stay up any higher above Poppy if he’s falling fast or anything. The bombs will do 5% damage and moderately weak upward knockback to anyone they hit, but they’ve got great priority, so they can be used as a shield from overhead attacks quite well if you can time the throws of two bombs right.
[5%]

Down Air – Bomb Dunk – A stall-then-fall. Poppy stalls in the air, pulling a bomb out and raising it over his head. He then brings the bomb down and falls, similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Down Air. Poppy will only fall for about the distance of 3 Stage Builder blocks before the bomb will vanish and he’ll become controllable again. If he hits an opponent, the bomb will explode. It also explodes if Poppy hits the ground. The explosion will give moderate knockback to everyone nearby, including Poppy, but only gives damage to his opponents. The blast is slightly larger than a Party Ball, and does 8% damage to anyone (besides Poppy) caught in it. The bomb explodes instantly when you hit, but won’t explode during the stall as Poppy pulls it out.
[8%]

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special – Bomb Toss – This move functions similarly to how the Bomb ability works in Kirby games. Pressing B once will make Poppy pull out a Bomb, which has a 3-second fuse time. The bomb will not explode until the fuse is up, even if it hits something, in which case it will deal only 2% damage and minimal knockback. While Poppy is holding the Bomb, he can only walk, run, and perform both of his jumps. If the Bomb goes off in your hands, Poppy will take moderate knockback, but no damage, so make sure you get rid of it soon enough. The Bomb can be thrown with either the A or B button, and both will throw the Bomb exactly the same way. By default, he’ll throw it directly forward, and it’s highly akin to Smash-throwing a Bob-omb. The blast radius is about twice as big as a Bob-omb, but only does 10% damage, with moderate knockback directly away from the Bomb. Tilting the control stick while throwing will make Poppy throw in the direction you are tilting, or more accurately, whichever you’re closest to of the eight cardinal and intermediate directions (Up, Left, Down, and Right, and the midpoints between them). Poppy takes about a second to pull the Bomb out, but suffers almost no lag at all on the throw.
[2%, 10%]

Side Special – Spitfire – This is a chargeable move that takes about 3 seconds to reach full capacity, and cannot be held stored for later use. In other words, when you hit full charge, the move executes automatically, like a Smash Attack. Pressing Side B will make Poppy shove a Bomb into his mouth. This takes about half a second, and the charging begins after that half-second has passed. When the button is released, the Bomb goes off, and Poppy uses the explosion to shoot a concentrated stream of flames from his mouth. The stream shoots directly forward, and cannot be angled. At weakest charge, it shoots about as far as Bowser’s or Charizard’s fire breath. At full charge, it can reach all the way across Final Destination. Despite it’s potentially incredible horizontal range, it’s very concentrated vertically, having about the same vertical range as R.O.B.’s laser. Poppy spits the fire pretty quick when you release, slightly faster than R.O.B. fires his laser. However, the flames aren’t quite as quick as the laser, so far-away opponents may still be able to avoid it. Poppy spits fire for about one second before stopping, at which point he suffers brief, but noticeable, ending lag. The fire deals multi-hit damage to those caught in it, with possible damages ranging from 1% to 10%, depending on how long an opponent is caught in the flames. Additionally, this move pushes Poppy back when used, for about 1/3 the distance of the flames he shoots. If he is on the ground, however, it will not push him beyond the edge of the floor he’s on. This gives this move some potential for recovery, and it should be noted that this move will not put Poppy in a freefall.
[1-10%]

Up Special – Kick-Off – Poppy takes about half a second to pull out a Bomb, then kicks off of it, propelling himself through the air, at a moderate speed. The Bomb travels the exact opposite direction of Poppy, and you can tilt the control stick to make him go in any direction. Poppy launches for about the same distance that Lucario goes with his Up Special, but can’t change direction in the middle of it. If Poppy shoots such that he strikes the ground, he’ll faceplant, and take about half a second to get up. Poppy does no damage while flying, but the Bomb he kicks the opposite direction can be used to attack in some cases. The bomb travels indefinitely, only exploding on impact with something. The explosion is not as large as most of his Bombs, only slightly larger than that of a Bob-omb, but to compensate, these Bombs have a special property: They’re unaffected by gravity! The exact direction you kick the Bomb is the way it will go until it strikes someone. The bomb’s explosion is fairly weak, only doing 8% damage, with moderately weak knockback directly upward, but it can still be used as a great ranged attack. The Bombs’ speed is similar to that of Wolf’s blaster.
[8%]

Down Special – Firework Show – Poppy returns on the Warp Star to the exact location he left from. As he reaches the playing field, he sets off a powerful Bomb. This particular Bomb’s blast radius is about that of a Smart Bomb explosion, but it reaches that size instantly, and lasts for about a second. Players caught in the blast receive no knockback at all, but will rapidly accumulate damage, similar to the effect of Olimar’s Final Smash. The maximum damage an opponent can accumulate from this attack is 25%, if they are in the blast for its entire duration. During the explosion, Poppy will remain on the Warp Star, and is able to be hit and damaged as normal. When the explosion finishes, Poppy falls off the Warp Star quickly, and everything continues as normal.
[Up to 25%]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash – Super Swell – To begin this Final Smash, Poppy puffs himself into a ball, roughly the size of a Party Ball. From there, you can control his next action, from a few options. You can move left and right to roll (tilting or tapping doesn’t matter, he just rolls). You can press the Jump button to bounce up about the distance from Battlefield’s base to the top platform. This is the extent of Poppy’s mobility in this state. He has no mid-air jump, and has pretty bad traction, due to rolling around, so be careful where you go. As far as this Final Smash’s power goes, you have two options. You can press B at any time to detonate Poppy, at which point he will pause where he is, implode quickly, and then explode with a blast that has a radius about 1.5X the size he was. This whole process takes about half a second, and the blast lingers for about a second to damage opponents.

However, proper use of another ability makes this Final Smash even more versatile and deadly. Pressing A during this Final Smash will also cause Poppy to pause and implode, but rather than explode, he’ll swell up even bigger. He has three sizes he can be. The first is his default size, about that of a Party Ball. If he swells up again, he’ll be a little bigger than King Dedede is while performing a mid-air jump. The final swell up makes him almost the size of a Smart Bomb’s explosion, meaning his explosion would be a bit larger than that. Damage and knockback increase if you make Poppy bigger before detonating, but you also lose a lot of mobility. In his Party Ball-sized state, he can jump from Battlefield’s base to the top platform, and he can roll as fast as he can run, but he only does 15% damage and moderately weak knockback. In his Dedede-sized state, he can jump from Battlefield’s base to either of the lower platforms, and rolls about half the speed he can run. His explosion in this state does 30% damage and moderate knockback. In his Smart Bomb blast-sized state, his jump is practically non-existant, and he rolls about as fast as Ganondorf walks, but his explosion is large and does 45% damage with moderately high knockback. All knockbacks are directly away from Poppy. After he explodes, Poppy (now normal size) remains where he used the Final Smash, shakes himself off quickly, then returns to normal. This takes about a second, and he can be hit during this time.
[15% or 30% or 45%]

GRAB AND THROWS

Grab – Normal – Poppy reaches forward and grabs. Nothing special, and he’s got a pretty average range.

Pummel – Poppy spins a full 360 degrees while holding his opponent. He gets around once in about a fourth of a second, but only does 1% damage, since he’s not doing much of anything directly to his opponent.

Forward Throw – Hat Trick – Poppy releases his grip and pulls his hat off. He opens the base of it toward his opponent who is still in front of him, and…BOOM! An explosion comes out of the hat? Absurd, but that’s what it looks like. Knockback is moderate, forward and upward, with 8% damage. The whole throw takes about 1 second to complete.
[8%]

Backward Throw – Hurricane Toss – Poppy spins rapidly about 5 times, then releases his opponent to the back. This takes about a second to execute, but rewards with better knockback than most throws, directly horizontal. Unfortunately, the 6% damage this throw deals is not so marvelous.
[6%]

Up Throw – Topper – Poppy tosses his opponent onto his head, then spins around like a top, dealing multi-hit damage. This throw takes about a second and a half to perform, and has almost no knockback at the end, but rewards with five hits dealing a solid total 10% damage, more than any of Poppy’s other throws.
[10%]

Down Throw – Trampoline Slam – Poppy tosses his opponent to the floor, then jumps on them, using them to bounce himself into the air, where he is controllable just like if he had jumped there normally. He gets almost as high as Sonic does with his Up Special. His victim takes only 7% damage, and almost no knockback, so this throw is best used in situations where you need to avoid the possibility of being punished while throwing, particularly in free-for-alls. The throw is pretty quick, too, so you can get out of the way fast while still doing some damage.
[7%]

RECOVERY ATTACKS

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) – Poppy throws himself onto the stage quickly and swings his legs around, similar to the first part of Mario’s Down Smash. He covers a similar distance, dealing 4% damage and minimal knockback.
[4%]

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) – Poppy crawls up slowly, then performs a weak headbutt forward. He covers a fairly average distance, and only deals 3% damage.
[3%]

Get Up Attack (From Front) – Poppy pushes off the ground into a front flip, hitting enemies as he does and then landing on his feet. He covers a further distance than most Get Up Attacks, but only does 4% damage.
[4%]

Get Up Attack (From Back) – Poppy rolls backward, onto his head, then spins horizontally (yeah, on his head) for about half a second before backflipping onto his feet. Covers an average distance, and deals multi-hit damage up to 6%.
[Up to 6%]

Get Up Attack (From Rear) – Poppy jumps onto one foot, pirouetting as he does. Opponents who touch him receive damage, but his body (which is his hitbox) isn’t extremely large, so this one doesn’t have a lot of range, and still only does 5% damage.
[5%]

TAUNTS AND VICTORY POSES

Up Taunt – Poppy pulls out a Bomb and bounces it a couple times on his head before putting it away. Takes about 2 seconds.

Side Taunt – Poppy performs a front flip, but overrotates, smacking his face on the ground instead of landing on his feet. He then gets up, appearing dazed for a second, then shakes it off. Takes about 2 seconds.

Down Taunt – Poppy jumps up and down twice, then faces the camera and winks. Takes about a second.

Up Victory Pose – Poppy, with a Bomb balanced on his head, looks left, then right, looking confused. He then looks up, sees the Bomb, and smiles, just before the Bomb explodes. Smoke fills the screen, and after it clears (about a second), Poppy can be seen in the exact same pose he was in, looking above his head and smiling, as if paralyzed by the explosion. He is covered in black, of course, since he was just in the center of an explosion.

Side Victory Pose – Poppy runs in from the right side of the screen, tries to stop in the center, but slides off the left side of the screen. Shortly after he does, a crash is heard, and Poppy rolls back into view, finally stopping as he faceplants on the ground. He remains there, not looking up, but I’m sure he must still be smiling.

Down Victory Pose – Poppy is seen juggling three Bombs. After a second or two of juggling, he throws them all up into the sky. They fall to the background, and explode as fireworks in the sky. Poppy jumps up and down as the fireworks go off.

Loss Pose – Poppy sits on his rump and looks confused.

MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS

Idle 1 – Poppy hops up and down a couple times, keeping himself loose.

Idle 2 – Poppy bends over and attempts to look behind him, between his legs. His feet are low to the ground, so obviously he can’t do this, so he gets discouraged and quits after a second or two.

Crouch – Poppy falls back and lies on his back when he crouches. He’s fairly low to the ground.

Run – Poppy leans forward and flails his legs wildly behind him while he runs. There appears to be no form to his running, but it certainly makes him move!

Wall Hit – If Poppy hits a wall while running, he’ll smack his face hard and bounce off, still smiling as usual. It doesn’t appear that he’s hurt by such things.

Dizzy – Poppy falls on his face if he gets dizzy. Luckily, this makes him somewhat short while he’s dizzy.

Sleep – Poppy lies on his side and sleeps, looking very innocent and child-like.

Shield – Behind his shield, Poppy can be seen trying to pull his hat over his eyes.

EXTRAS

Symbol – Warp Star

Entrance – A Bomb swells up out of thin air, and explodes. From the smoke, Poppy emerges, ready to fight!

Alternate Costumes – Color changes affect Poppy’s jester hat and suit, as well as his shoes and buttons.
+ Standard – Sky blue hat and suit; pale green shoes and buttons
+ Blue Team – Blue hat and suit; yellow shoes and buttons
+ Red Team – Red hat and suit; silver shoes and buttons
+ Green Team – Light green hat and suit; dark green shoes and buttons
+ Brown – Tan hat and suit; brown shoes and buttons
+ Black & White – Black hat and suit; white shoes and buttons

Wii Remote Sound – A spring-like noise is heard, followed by an explosive bang.

Kirby Hat – Kirby gets Poppy’s hat. Didn’t see that one coming, did you? He also gets the Bomb Toss ability, which functions just like Poppy’s. Yes, that means Kirby’s got all of his jumps at his disposal while still carrying the Bomb. Yipes!

SNAKE: Mei Ling, there’s a baby jester thing here.

MEI LING: That’s Poppy Bros. Jr., Snake. He’s from Dream Land.

SNAKE: Right… So, what? Is he King Dedede’s court jester or something? What’s he doing here?

MEI LING: Actually, he’s another of Kirby’s common enemies. He throws bombs and has plenty of other explosive attacks. You’ll want to keep your distance as best you can.

SNAKE: Bombs? What kind of jester carries around bombs?

MEI LING: Well, he’s not necessarily a jester, Snake. Nobody’s sure exactly what he is.

SNAKE: I’m telling you, Mei Ling, this is a jester if I’ve ever seen one.

MEI LING: Sure, Snake… Whatever you say…

PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY

Obviously, Poppy’s moveset makes him a beast when it comes to spacing. If you’re good, you can maintain a pretty safe distance from your opponent while still giving them a few good hits. His Tilts really aren’t too reliable for much, so you’ll probably be keeping your use of those to a minimum. Poppy’s Smashes all require that you do a little good prediction of your opponents’ moves, so it’s good to be able to read your opponent to set up any of those. He’s got good Aerials, so you’ll make good use of those if you want to get good with him, particularly the unique properties of the Forward Air. Edge-guarding opponents is fun there!

Poppy can be a campy character if you want him to be, but isn’t restricted to a campy playstyle by any means. He can function just as well up close, but you’ll need to stay very aware of your spacing and the distances that your various moves cover. Luckily, Poppy can get in and out of the fray with ease, due to his speed and jumping abilities, so if something goes sour up close (or far away), you should be able to adjust your situation accordingly.

Poppy’s Specials provide him his best distance game. If you’ve got to keep far away from your opponent, his Neutral, Side, and Up Specials can all be employed effectively. The Neutral has a variety of uses, as the Bombs can be thrown in almost any direction. The Up Special can be useful for attacking opponents that are well out of reach, either vertically or horizontally, and the Side Special is a powerful tool for opponents that are stuck far away on your same horizontal plane.

Poppy’s obscure moves don’t make him an ideal starting character for those just taking up the Helpers. He’s best saved for after a bit of experience and training, as his moves can take quite a bit of getting used to. It shows if you don’t know your moves with most characters, but it really shows with Poppy. Opponents will make quick work of you if you don’t know yourself inside and out.

AUTHOR’S NOTES

Range is obviously Poppy’s biggest asset. You probably noticed (or will notice) that while reading the moves, as well as the low damages and knockbacks. Any player of Poppy’s got to be a careful player, since he’s so light, making him very reliant on proper spacing. He’s a strong character if effectively mastered, but his obscure moveset and lack of power can make that difficult.

BUGZZY

Bugzzy is a large bug who appears as a Mini-Boss and also as the Suplex-based Helper character in Kirby Super Star. He uses his large pincers to grab his opponents and throw them in various ways, and can also summon Bugzzy Bits (small, ladybug-like counterparts) to attack. Despite being large and heavy, he can fly/hover for short periods of time using his wings. Personality-wise, he could be viewed as something of a neighborhood bully. He fights largely just to beat others up and make everyone fear him, and can therefore be somewhat reckless sometimes.​

Note: Bugzzy relies heavily on grabbing and throwing. Many of his attacks do no damage, but function as various methods of grabbing his opponent. If he grabs with any of these attacks, he has access to his repertoire of throws. His throws are a key component of his moveset, and he has 10 of them! Aside from the four normal directional throws, Bugzzy also has throws performed with the Attack, Special, Jump, Grab, Shield, and Taunt buttons! (Any Taunt button will perform the same throw.) In case you didn’t catch it, yes, that means he has no Pummel. Some of his moves will also allow you to potentially grab in mid-air, and will make him automatically perform his Mid-Air Throw. Moves throughout the moveset that perform a grab will have a [Grab] tag after them.

STATS

Size: Mid
Weight: Heavy
Power: Strong
Jumps: 3
Jump (1): Mid
Jump (2): Mid-Low
Jump (3): Bugzzy’s third jump is comparable to Peach’s second jump and float in some ways. The third time you press the Jump button, Bugzzy will use his wings to hover. He will automatically hover until he can’t anymore, then drop, though pressing the Jump button a fourth time can cancel the hover early. While hovering, he gains little vertical distance, about equal to what Peach gets from her second jump. However, he can also cover about the same horizontal distance that she can if she floats for as long as possible. This Jump serves as Bugzzy’s primary form of recovery, but luckily it is restored to you if you’re hit while airborne.
Speed (Walk): Slow
Speed (Run): Slow
Traction: Mid-Good
Speed (Attack): Slow
Range: Short
Crouch: High
Wall-Kick: No

SPECIAL MECHANIC: LOCK ON

Many of Bugzzy’s attacks involve him attempting to grab an opponent to throw them. However, most of them will not work very well unless he has “locked on” to an opponent. Bugzzy’s Neutral Special allows him to lock on to a nearby opponent, allowing many of his other attacks to function much better. When Bugzzy has locked on to an opponent, a faint crosshair of color corresponding to Bugzzy’s player number (P1 = Red, P2 = Blue, etc.) will appear over them and Bugzzy will glow faintly for about 3 seconds. After that, it will fade, but only to clear the view. Bugzzy remains locked on to an opponent until one of the following happens:

1) Bugzzy KOs the opponent he has locked on to, in which case Bugzzy will glow again and then the glow will fade, signifying that he is no longer locked on

2) Bugzzy is KOed, in which case the crosshair will appear faintly again, and will then appear to shatter and fade into the background

3) Bugzzy uses his Neutral Special, in which case the crosshair will appear over the opponent he was locked on to previously. If he locks on to a new opponent, the crosshair will rush to them instead. If he does not lock on to a new opponent, the crosshair will shatter.

The process of locking on is explained further in Bugzzy’s Neutral Special. Throughout the moveset, attacks that utilize this feature will explain what they do with and without locking on, and will also have a [Lock On] tag with the damage at the end. Attacks that allow Bugzzy to grab an opponent will have a [Grab] tag at the end.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard Combo – Pincer Swing – This is a simple, basic, damaging attack, with no combo. In appearance, it looks similar to Charizard’s Forward Smash. Bugzzy swings his pincers forward in a horizontal arc, damaging opponents. This has considerable startup and ending lag (about half a second each), but does 8% damage with decent knockback, at a slightly upward angle. He reaches about as far as Charizard horizontally, though he doesn’t reach as high, due to being a fair bit shorter.
[8%]

Forward Tilt – Pincer Thrust – Bugzzy stabs his pincers forward, almost like a bird pecking at its prey. This is quite similar to his Standard Combo, but trades in power for a little extra horizontal range. He only does 6% damage with this Tilt, but as I said, he reaches a bit farther. This Tilt is also slightly faster than his Standard Combo. Knockback is moderately weak, directly horizontal, away from Bugzzy.
[6%]

Up Tilt – Drill Spin – Bugzzy lifts his pincers above his head, and spins around once. The range of this attack is similar to Olimar’s Up Tilt, and the effect is similar as well. Bugzzy deals multi-hit damage up to 8% from this move, with the final hit knocking opponents away with relatively weak knockback, directly upward. Bugzzy is decently quick in starting this move, but lags for about half a second at its end, as he catches his balance after spinning.
[Up to 8%]

Down Tilt – Snatch Up – Bugzzy swings his pincers along the ground, trying to trip opponents. This has lag similar to Link’s Down Tilt, and covers almost as much distance. This attack does no damage, but if Bugzzy hits and trips an opponent, he will quickly reach forward and grab them. If he trips multiple opponents, he will only grab the one closest to him.
[0%, Grab]

Dash Attack – Suplex Charge – Bugzzy rushes forward along the ground, in an attempt to grab an opponent. He lags for about half a second when you start this, as he prepares himself to charge, and then charges about one-fourth the length of Final Destination, covering the distance in a little more than half a second. If he hits an opponent, he will grab them and stop, so he doesn’t always cover the full distance. If he misses, this move has about half a second of ending lag as well. If Bugzzy is locked on to an opponent, then as long as that opponent is in front of him, anywhere on the field (even if they’re high up or down low; they just have to be in the area that isn’t behind him), he will rush twice as far, though he still moves the same speed, and the move still has punishable ending lag.
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – Ready Stance – After charging up, Bugzzy opens his pincers in front of him, and then becomes mobile again. You are free to control him as normal at this point, and if Bugzzy comes in contact with an opponent, he will immediately grab them. Charging increases the amount of time Bugzzy will stay like this, possible times ranging from 2 seconds to 5. If another attack is used while Bugzzy is in Ready Stance, he will not automatically grab during it, but he will resume Ready Stance once the other attack has finished, and the duration of the interrupting attack does not count toward the amount of time he’ll stay in Ready Stance.
[0%, Grab]

Up Smash – Pull Down – Bugzzy clamps his pincers above his head, grabbing overhead opponents. He’s slow, yet again, so the lag here is comparable to King Dedede’s Up Smash. He doesn’t reach very far at all normally, but this move gains a lot from Locking On. If Bugzzy has a target, he will jump up to the height that his target is at, though he won’t change his horizontal position at all. If his target is below him, Bugzzy will not jump. If his target is farther above him than the height difference of Battlefield’s main platform and high platform, then Bugzzy will only jump that height difference, and will not exceed it. He jumps at the same speed that he does in his normal jumps, though this has potential to go a bit higher. Bugzzy will grab the first opponent he meets on the way up, and will immediately drop back down to the ground, where he can throw them. Charging this move has no effect except to help you make sure you release it with appropriate timing. Sorry, Bugzzy!
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

Down Smash – Star Stomp – Bugzzy stomps hard on the ground, producing a star, kind of like King Dedede does at the end of his Up Special when he lands. Bugzzy grabs this star as it appears, and can throw it, essentially making this a projectile move. Bugzzy’s a bit showy and slow about this, so while this is a projectile, it’s best used sparingly, as the move takes about 2 seconds to execute, sans however long you charge it. The star is thrown just like an opponent would be, so you need to know your throws to make this move effective. The longer you charge it, the more damage the resulting star will do to opponents you throw it at. At weakest charge, the star does about 10% damage, but at fullest charge, it will do double that! Unfortunately, the star’s knockback suffers, so this move is not reliable for scoring KOs.
[10-20%]

AERIALS

Neutral Air – Full Swing – Bugzzy swings his pincers full circle, completing a 360 degree turn, starting in the front. This has a very narrow vertical range, and not a great horizontal one, either. This move is somewhat laggy, kind of like Ike’s Neutral Air. Opponents hit are dealt 10% damage, and pretty good knockback at a diagonal angle.
[10%]

Forward Air – Capture Spin – Bugzzy tucks into a ball and spins. If he contacts an enemy, he’ll grab them with his pincers, then automatically perform his Mid-Air Throw. The hitbox of this move consists only of Bugzzy’s spinning body, having a similar range to Sonic’s Neutral Air, and lasting about as long as well, with slightly more lag on both ends. If Bugzzy is locked onto an opponent, he will gravitate slightly toward them while using this move. It should be noted that this gravitation is only mildly useful for recovery purposes. He’ll only travel about half a Stage Builder block toward his opponent.
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

Backward Air – Hyper Kick – Bugzzy winds up for about half a second and drives one leg backward, hard. The range on this attack is horrible, since Bugzzy’s leg is short and he only uses one, but this move is quite powerful. Dealing a whopping 15% damage with good knockback, this can be a reliable KO move if you get the hang of landing it. That’s not easy, though. The range and hitbox of this move make it really hard to hit with, so you might as well be trying to land the sweetspot of Captain Falcon’s Forward Air every time you use this move. This move is also a bit laggy on both ends, so it should be used with caution.
[15%]

Up Air – Hover Clamp – Bugzzy clamps above himself to grab an opponent, exactly like with his Up Smash. However, locking on gives this move a different bonus. If Bugzzy is locked on to someone, he will kick his legs below him and flutter his wings to stay in the air for longer, waiting for a victim. He’ll hover there for about 2 seconds, grabbing if an opponent comes in contact with him. If this move is used repeatedly without touching the ground, the hover effect will deteriorate with every use, disappearing entirely after 3 to 4 uses. Bugzzy automatically performs his Mid-Air Throw if he grabs an opponent with this move.
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

Down Air – Predator Strike – Bugzzy attempts to grab below him. This is essentially his Up Air, but below him instead of above him. Once again, though, locking on gives this a different effect. If Bugzzy locks on before using this move, it becomes a stall-then-fall, similar in speed to Toon Link’s, but with Bugzzy rushing downward to grab. He’ll only rush down if his target is on the field below him, though, similar to the way they must be in front of him for his Dash Attack. Bugzzy will stop rushing downward once his target is no longer below him, but until then, the player has no control. Bugzzy automatically uses his Mid-Air Throw if he grabs with this move.
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special – Lock On – Bugzzy pauses for about half a second, then an area around him, about the size of a Smart Bomb explosion, flashes white very briefly. If there is an opponent in that area, Bugzzy will lock on to that opponent. If multiple opponents are caught, the one closest to Bugzzy is targeted. Whether he locks on to a target or not, Bugzzy suffers about a quarter second of ending lag after the flash.
[0%]

Side Special – Bugzzy Bits – Bugzzy releases two Bugzzy Bits (small, ladybug-like creatures) to attack his opponents. They fly at a speed about three-quarters that of PK Thunder. By default, they’ll fly forward, zig-zagging up and down from the floor to about Bowser’s height as they go. However, if Bugzzy has locked on to an opponent, they will fly toward that opponent, still zig-zagging. The Bugzzy Bits will travel indefinitely, until they go off the screen or hit a wall, at which point they will disappear in a puff of smoke. Bugzzy cannot use this move again until the previous Bugzzy Bits are gone. If they hit, the Bits do 6% damage, with fairly weak knockback.
[6%, Lock On]

Up Special – Target Rush – Of all Bugzzy’s moves, this one utilizes the Lock On effect the most. Without locking on, this move does absolutely nothing. Bugzzy will not react at all to the button input. If you have locked on, however, Bugzzy will rush directly toward the opponent he’s locked on to, at about the speed of Fox’s Up Special, and for about the same distance as well. This move leaves Bugzzy in a freefall if he finishes in the air. If he catches an opponent in the air, he’ll fall about one Stage Builder block’s height before automatically performing his Mid-Air throw. If he hits the ground before this happens, it’s as if he caught the opponent on the ground. If he catches one on the ground, he’ll have access to any of his other throws. Note that since he rushes toward his target, this can serve as a form of recovery, as long as the opponent you’ve locked on to is still on the stage.
[0%, Grab, Lock On]

Down Special – Starbreaker – As Bugzzy returns to the stage, he grabs the Warp Star he’s riding in his pincers, and hurls it to the ground. He’ll always throw it directly down, and its effect is similar to that of the Warp Star item, though without quite the range. A small explosion accompanies the impact, dealing 20% damage and good knockback to all opponents hit. This attack leaves Bugzzy unable to switch out for 20 seconds, since he’s just destroyed the current Warp Star. The Warp Star deals no damage and minimal knockback as it’s flying downward, so it can’t be used to spike like the item could.
[20%]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash – Guillotine – Bugzzy has to grab an opponent before this Final Smash will work, so it’s a good idea to have locked on to someone before you snag the Smash Ball. Once he’s grabbed, pressing the Special button will cause Bugzzy to clamp down hard on his opponent. The screen goes momentarily dark for this, and a bright streak appears directly over the spot where Bugzzy and his victim are. When it fades back in, Bugzzy releases his opponent, who is now carrying the burden of 60% additional damage! This Final Smash is strictly a damager, and does minimal knockback, even at high percentages, so keep that in mind.
[60%]

GRAB AND THROWS

Grab – Normal – Bugzzy’s actual grab is nothing special. He just reaches forward with his pincers and clamps them together.

Forward Throw – Fake Out – Bugzzy releases his opponent, seeming to have lost his grip, then charges forward, bashing them with his entire body. This does strong forward and upward diagonal knockback, as well as 10% damage to the victim. This throw take about two seconds to perform.
[10%]

Backward Throw – Bit Blast – Bugzzy tosses his opponent behind his back, and as they arc over him, he fires off Bugzzy Bits to attack them. The number of Bits is random from 2 to 7, and each Bit does 2% damage. The last Bit will always come as Bugzzy’s victim hits the ground behind him, and sends them skidding a good distance along it.
[4-14% damage]

Up Throw – Mega Drill – Bugzzy throws his opponent over his head, then rushes up, spinning like a drill and carrying his victim with him as he goes. He goes up about the distance of two Stage Builder blocks, then kicks to launch his opponent upward, while propelling himself back down to the ground. The multi-hit drill can deal up to 8% damage, while the kick at the end deals 5%.
[Up to 8% + 5%]

Down Throw – Ground Pound – Bugzzy leans back, then slams his victim to the ground for a devastating 15% damage! This throw, unlike many of his others, causes little knockback, and is mainly for damage. This throw takes about two seconds to execute, and has no chain grab potential.
[15%]

Attack Throw – Roller – Bugzzy winds up and throws his opponent along the ground, where they’ll begin rolling forward. Opponents will normally go until they hit a wall or an edge, but will bounce off the off-screen area on walk-off edges. The opponent rolling takes constant damage as they go, reaching a solid 12% if they’re rolled the entire distance of Final Destination before stopping. If they hit a normal edge, they’ll be propelled into the air as they hit it, and will then regain control. If they hit a wall, they’ll bounce off it, taking an additional 8% damage, and then regain control. If they hit a walk-off edge, they’ll bounce off it like a wall, but won’t take the damage. Anyone hit by a rolling character takes 5% damage, with decent knockback directly upward.
[Variable Damage + 8% or 5%]

Special Throw – Target Toss – A crosshair appears above Bugzzy about the radius of a Smart Bomb explosion away. The crosshair will rotate once around Bugzzy, clockwise, reaching the top again after about 3 seconds. Pressing B at any point along this rotation will cause Bugzzy to throw his victim in that direction. If the button is not pressed, he will throw them directly upward after one rotation of the crosshair. Being locked on to an opponent will cause the crosshair to slow down when it is near to pointing toward them, and speed up when it isn’t. Of course, if the target opponent is the one you grabbed, the Lock On won’t take effect. Knockback is fairly strong for this throw, and it deals 10% damage to the victim as well. Those hit by the victim while they’re flying are dealt 5% damage, with moderately weak knockback. Time for this throw depends on when you release your opponent.
[10% or 5%, Lock On]

Jump Throw – Air Shot – Bugzzy jumps up, while still holding his victim. He jumps about as high as the height of three Stage Builder blocks, then begins to fall. At any point during this jump, pressing B will cause Bugzzy to kick his victim out of his grasp, directly forward. The knockback is pretty strong, with 10% damage also being attached. Opponents hit by the flying victim will also take 5% damage, albeit with minimal knockback. The time for this throw is variable, as it depends on the release time.
[10% or 5%]

Grab Throw – Swap Toss – Bugzzy relies on his Lock On ability to make this throw very worthwhile. Normally, he’ll simply toss his victim forward, dealing 8% damage, with moderate knockback. If Bugzzy is locked on to a nearby opponent, however, he’ll chuck his current victim at his target. The character thrown will receive 8% damage, and is thrown very hard, but the seemingly incredible knockback stops as soon as the victim passes the target character, whether they connect or not. The target character is also dealt 3% damage if they’re hit. So what makes this throw so special? The knockback for the targeted character is directly toward Bugzzy, and also quite strong. As long as the throw connects, Bugzzy will automatically catch the target character as they come rushing toward him. This allows him to now have a throw with a second character. Unfortunately for Bugzzy, this can only work once, as the character he’s holding is now his target, so he won’t get the effect again if he uses this throw twice in a row. This throw takes about a second to perform.
[8% or 3%, Grab, Lock On]

Shield Throw – Punching Bag – Bugzzy braces himself with the character he’s holding. This throw essentially functions as a counter. If anyone attacks Bugzzy in the second or so he’s holding the character as a shield, he will not take damage, though his victim will. At the end of the second, he’ll throw his victim at anyone who hit him, dealing 7% damage to the character he throws and 5% to anyone they hit along the way. This throw is moderately weak, and has little to no KO potential. If no one attacks Bugzzy, he’ll throw his victim forward, dealing only 3% damage. If multiple opponents attack Bugzzy while he’s shielding, he’ll throw at the most recent attacker.
[Variable Damage + 7% or 5% or 3%]

Taunt Throw – Dismissal – Bugzzy tosses his opponent over his shoulder, dealing only 1% damage. They regain control as soon as they hit the ground behind him, which is the same time Bugzzy is controllable again.
[1%]

Mid-Air Throw – Super Pitch – Bugzzy winds up and lets his opponent fly. If no one’s targeted, he’ll throw straight forward, with good knockback, dealing 9% damage. If someone is targeted, he’ll throw straight toward them. The damage is the same for the victim of the throw, but the character being thrown at will take only 6% damage if they’re hit, and the knockback is severely reduced.
[9% or 6%, Lock On]

RECOVERY ATTACKS

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) – Bugzzy jumps up and lunges forward with his pincers out in front. The range isn’t great, and Bugzzy deals 7% damage to accompany the hit.
[7%]

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) – Bugzzy climbs up slowly and swings one of his short legs forward. This has awful range, but at least the 6% damage it deals isn’t bad.
[6%]

Get Up Attack (From Front) – Bugzzy performs a quick flip, landing on his feet and damaging those he touches as he flips for 5%. This has pretty bad range as well.
[5%]

Get Up Attack (From Back) – Bugzzy leans up onto his feet and headbutts forward. This doesn’t damage to the back, but does 8% to anyone he hits in the front. Once again, terrible range.
[8%]

Get Up Attack (From Rear) – Bugzzy jumps to his feet and spins with his pincers outstretched. Doesn’t cover a lot of distance, but it deals 7% damage to the front and the back.
[7%]

TAUNTS AND VICTORY POSES

Up Taunt – Two Bugzzy Bits fly out of Bugzzy’s back, then return. Takes about a second and a half.

Side Taunt – Bugzzy clamps his pincers together twice, and they make a metallic sound as they close. Takes about a second.

Down Taunt – Bugzzy stomps violently on the ground, kicking up lots of dust and looking quite menacing. Takes about a second.

Up Victory Pose – Bugzzy hovers in from the right side of the screen, then drops to the ground, landing hard and falling over onto his rump.

Side Victory Pose – A Waddle Dee flies across the screen from right to left, then Bugzzy is seen quickly rushing along the ground the same way. The Waddle Dee then flies across from left to right, and then Bugzzy starts rushing back that way, but stops in the center and glares at the camera.

Down Victory Pose – Bugzzy stomps the ground, like in his Down Smash, making a star appear. He then throws the star into the background, where it…becomes a star. Did he just star KO a star?

Loss Pose – Bugzzy stands with his eyes closed, head hung low, shaking it back and forth.

MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS

Idle 1 – Bugzzy stomps lightly twice with each foot.

Idle 2 – Bugzzy opens and closes his pincers deliberately a couple times.

Crouch – Bugzzy tries to just duck down, but doesn’t lose very much height at all this way.

Run – Bugzzy runs very clumsily, seeming to almost trip over his own feet as he does. By that same token, he doesn’t move very fast at all.

Wall Hit – If Bugzzy hits a wall while running, he’ll cushion the hit with his pincers. Ouch! Good thing that won’t affect his grabbing ability!

Dizzy – Bugzzy shuts his eyes and tries to grab his head with his short arms, but can’t do it, so he waves his arms wildly while swaying from side to side.

Sleep – Bugzzy hangs his head and closes his eyes, but otherwise retains his position while sleeping.

Shield – Bugzzy crosses his pincers in front of him and leans back, fists clenched, when holding up his shield.

EXTRAS

Symbol – Warp Star

Entrance – Bugzzy hovers over the stage, trying to stay airborne, but falls and crashes into the spot where he’ll start the battle.

Alternate Costumes – Color changes affect Bugzzy’s body color.
+ Standard – Purple body.
+ Blue Team – Navy blue body
+ Red Team – Blood red body
+ Green Team – Forest green body
+ Brown – Brown body
+ Black & White – Dark grey body

Wii Remote Sound – A buzzing noise is heard, followed by a loud crash.

Kirby Hat – Kirby gains a set of purple pincers that protrude from a purple cap on his head. When Kirby uses this ability, he’ll use the Lock On ability just like Bugzzy. If he locks on, he’ll automatically perform the Target Rush, and will not remain locked on to that opponent. Kirby still has access to only his own throws.

SNAKE: Otacon, what’s this giant bug?

OTACON: That’s Bugzzy, Snake. It’s an enemy of Kirby’s. Its body structure is similar to a hercules beetle.

SNAKE: So what’s it like in battle? What’s it use those pincers for?

OTACON: It usually uses those pincers for grabbing its victims. It’s got plenty of tactics for doing it, so pay attention to its every move, Snake. It’ll try to catch your scent and lock on to you, and then it’ll rush in for the kill.

SNAKE: It’s going to try to eat me…?

OTACON: No, Snake. Bugzzy doesn’t eat its victims. It throws them.

SNAKE: It…throws them… Are you kidding me?! (Just kidding, that’s not really there.)

PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY

Obviously, Bugzzy needs to throw to be effective. He’s got a lot of ways to grab, so utilizing all of them is key. You’ll probably find that you don’t use too many of his normal damaging moves much, except as you’re getting used to him.

First things first, a good player will fight to Lock On. Once you’re locked on, things get easier. Constantly resetting Bugzzy’s Forward Smash is always a good idea, as that ensures that any combat that’s at close range becomes a free throw for you. This will force your opponent to have to wait for the opening. Bugzzy’s Dash Attack is helpful for some approaches, but can also be easy to see and avoid.

You’ll probably find that his most effective grab move is his Up Special. The combination of Lock On and Target Rush is central to a strong game with Bugzzy. His Side Special is useful for creating a distraction so that you can either Lock On or Target Rush your opponent.

Once you’ve grabbed, it’s important to know your throws. If you’re playing in a 1-vs.-1 battle, you may want to stick to the Down Throw for damage, and employ a stronger one like the Special Throw for KOs. In a Free-For-All or Team Battle, it’s a little more complicated, and you’ll have to make the best decision based on the situation.

AUTHOR’S NOTES

Bugzzy’s Throws, and even those of his other attacks that damage, are usually quite powerful. Keep in mind, for purposes of balance, that Bugzzy does have to grab before a lot of this will work, and grabbing, as you all know, is not always easy. Even with multiple grab moves, a Bugzzy player has to devote a good portion of their time to trying to predict and outsmart their opponent so that they can pull off those powerful Throws.

SIR KIBBLE

Sir Kibble is a common Kirby enemy, bestowing Kirby with the Cutter ability when swallowed. He is also the Cutter-based Helper character in Kirby Super Star. Enemy Sir Kibbles attack by throwing the boomerang attachment that rests on their helmet. Despite constantly throwing it, and it not always returning to Sir Kibble, the boomerang remains on his helmet. The only assumption can be that he’s got a lot of spares tucked inside that seemingly-hollow head of his. Personality-wise, most experts (me and myself) agree that Sir Kibble is a knight of honorable intentions, who probably attacks Kirby because they’ve been led to believe that he is a threat to their home and their security.

STATS

Size: Mid-Small
Weight: Heavy ~ All that armor weighs quite a bit.
Power: Weak
Jump (1): Mid
Jump (2): Mid-Low
Speed (Walk): Slow
Speed (Run): Slow
Traction: Good
Speed (Attack): Mid-Slow
Range: Long
Crouch: High
Wall-Kick: No

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard Combo – Boomerang Twirl – This standard combo automatically executes, somewhat like Meta Knight’s, but has the unique quality of being controllable as far as direction goes. Sir Kibble begins by twirling a boomerang in his hand, directly in front of him. The boomerang is about the size of one of the apples on Green Greens, but spins so rapidly that it gives off a wind-like energy that increases the size of the hitbox to approximately Kibble’s size. Because of this, with the boomerang in default position, the hitbox is basically Kibble’s body, making it less than useful. However, you can shift the boomerang left or right by simply tapping those directions while still holding A.

If you tap a direction, Kibble will move the boomerang all the way to that direction, putting his arm completely outstretched, giving this move range akin to Mr. Game & Watch’s Standard Combo. Tapping the opposite direction will get the boomerang that way immediately, as Kibble won’t stop in the middle again unless you restart the move. This can be used to block incoming attacks, whether melee or projectile, as the twirling boomerang has a surprisingly high priority. Unfortunately, its damaging abilities aren’t so boast-worthy. The boomerang deals multi-hit damage, 1% per hit, and pushes opponents who are hit away from it, so you won’t usually get more than a little bit of damage on an opponent with this move. This move has almost no startup lag, but Kibble takes a second to put the boomerang away when you stop.
[Variable Damage]

Forward Tilt – Jab and Stab – Kibble first thrusts his left fist forward, while reaching his right hand up to his cutter. Pressing the button a second time will cause him to thrust the cutter forward, which greatly increases the range, since his fist can only reach so far. His fist’s range is okay, but the cutter reaches about twice as far. The speed for the execution of the two moves is slightly slower than Snake’s Forward Tilt. The punch does only 2% damage, and the thrusted cutter doesn’t beat it by much, at 3%. However, the cutter has semi-decent knockback to clear up some space. It’s nothing that’s going to KO an opponent, but it gives Kibble a little more elbow room.
[2% + 3%]

Up Tilt – Blender Hop – Sir Kibble jumps up and spins, the cutter on his helmet doing damage. This is somewhat similar to Olimar’s Up Tilt. Kibble jumps about twice the height, though, giving him a better range, but suffers as far as speed goes, as he crouches for a quarter-second or so before jumping, and has to catch his balance when he lands for about the same amount of time. Damage and knockback are comparable to Olimar’s, damage being multi-hit and variable, at 1% per hit for a possibility of a total 6 hits, with some knockback occurring on the last hit.
[Up to 6%]

Down Tilt – Cutter Sweep – Kibble lays on his side and spins, cutting opponents in front of him. This move can be repeated quickly, about the rate of Lucas’s Down Tilt, but it has noteworthy lag before the first use and after the last use. As long as you keep using it, though, you won’t suffer much lag. Kibble’s range is about what Link gets with his Down Tilt. This deals only 3% damage, with very little knockback.
[3%]

Dash Attack – Boomerang Set – Kibble performs a short hop into the air, spinning around as he does. As he’s facing the opposite direction, he grabs his cutter from atop his helmet, and flings it downward, making it spin in place where the move was used. He then continues running—he doesn’t lose momentum and start to walk by using his Dash Attack! You can move him freely after he sets the cutter, so if you’d like, you can stop running, jump, or anything else, but you can’t perform other attacks. After about a second and a half of spinning in the place it was set (where it does only 1% damage and pathetic knockback to anyone who touches it), the cutter will fly toward Kibble, moving at about the speed of PK Thunder. It will try to follow the most direct path, but will curve around walls and such as necessary, so getting Kibble in the right place can be very advantageous. The boomerang becomes more powerful as it flies, doing 7% damage with knockback that’s still fairly weak. Once the boomerang reaches Kibble, he becomes able to perform all his other attacks again.
[1%, 7%]

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – Super Slice – Kibble charges this Smash Attack with his right fist gripping the cutter on his helmet. When the button is released, He swipes it down in front of him. The actual slash has a range similar to Meta Knight’s Forward Tilt, but the real range of this attack comes from an energy wave that shoots forward from the cutter, expanding its reach by about two Stage Builder blocks horizontally, though the vertical range remains the same. The actual cutter deals 8-15% damage, depending on the charge, with decent knockback, and is one of Kibble’s better KO moves. The energy wave gives minimal knockback, regardless of the opponent’s percentage, but still deals 5-12% damage, also depending on the charge. Lag for this move is similar to Link’s Forward Smash on the front end, though it’s a bit more laggy on the finish, as Kibble returns the cutter to his helmet.
[8 to 15% or 5 to 12%]

Up Smash – Boomer-Rain – Kibble whips out four boomerangs from who-knows-where (he just reaches behind his back and pulls them out), holding them all at about waist level while the move charges. When you release, he throws them all into the air, to about three Stage Builder blocks’ height above him. The cutters arc such that the four of them will land—if Kibble’s on a long enough flat surface—at one and two Stage Builder blocks’ lengths away, on either side. So two of the cutters go left, and two right, one farther than the other on each side. However, they don’t have to hit ground like that. If the cutters don’t land, they’ll keep falling until they do, making this a fun edge-guarding attack. The cutters do 3-8% damage, with moderately weak knockback, in a random direction. As far as the damage goes, keep in mind that if you’re using this on an opponent who is actually above you, there’s a good chance you’ll hit with multiple cutters. Kibble suffers about a second of lag before charging begins, and a little less than that after he makes the toss.
[3 to 8%]

Down Smash – Triple Cutter – Kibble pulls out two cutters from behind his back, one in each hand, crossing them in front of himself and bending over slightly as he charges. Upon button release, Kibble throws his arms to the sides, tossing the cutters, and also short-hops into a quick back flip, which releases the cutter from atop his helmet into the air. The cutters all travel in straight lines—left, right, and up—for about the distance of three Stage Builder blocks, at about the speed that Link’s Boomerang travels, and then return to Sir Kibble. The cutters do 7-14% damage as they go, dealing moderate upward knockback to anyone hit. The startup lag on this move is only about half a second, but the ending lag is a little over a second, as Kibble’s a bit stunned by catching the upward-flying cutter back on his helmet.
[7 to 14%]

AERIALS

Neutral Air – Big Boomerang – Kibble takes about half a second to pull out a big cutter from behind his back. He then performs a front flip, with the cutter in his outstretched hand. This is similar to Meta Knight’s Neutral Air, but Kibble is slower and only flips around once, with about twice the range. The cutter does 8% damage to anyone it hits, with moderately weak knockback directly away from Kibble.
[8%]

Forward Air – Boomerang Chaser – Kibble tosses his helmet cutter forward, about two SB blocks’ length, where it stops and spins in midair. He then drives his feet to get himself forward, but just before he reaches the cutter, it flies back toward him, snapping into place on his helmet and flipping him back to the position he used the move from. He does not fall while using this move, but he can only use it twice every time he’s airborne without touching the ground in between. The boomerang travels at about the speed of PK Thunder, and Kibble flies back at the same speed. Lag is average on both ends of the Aerial, and the full move takes about three seconds to execute. Kibble enters a no-flinch period once he starts pumping his legs, but can still take damage. The initial throw of the boomerang does 5% damage with weak upward knockback to anyone hit, but as Kibble flies backward, he does twice as much damage, with slightly better knockback, in the same direction.
[5% or 10%]

Backward Air – Double Kick – A fairly basic attack. Sir Kibble kicks one leg backward, then the other, spinning himself around horizontally as he does. This is one of his faster moves as well, but lacks the range he gets with many of his attacks. He reaches about as far as Kirby’s Backward Air with each kick, and they execute about as fast as the two slashes of Link’s Forward Smash if done as quickly as possible. Both kicks have decent knockback, but the second is more damaging, dealing 10% as compared to 5% for the first.
[5% or 10%]

Up Air – Hover Cutter – Sir Kibble tosses a cutter upward, and it travels about one SB block up, where it hovers for about five seconds. Kibble is entirely mobile after the use of this move, and since he doesn’t use his helmet cutter, he’s free to use other attacks as well. Anyone who touches the hovering boomerang takes only 1% damage, with moderately weak downward knockback. Beginning and ending lag on this move are slightly above average.
[1%]

Down Air – Rocket Cutter – Kibble pulls out a cutter and holds it over his head for about a second before throwing it down with tremendous force. He falls slightly slower than normal while preparing to throw. The cutter goes about two SB blocks downward, then returns to Kibble, doing 5% damage to anyone it hits along the way. He then catches the boomerang and puts it away, taking about half a second to do so. So why’d be wind up and throw so hard? Well, this cutter travels very fast once Kibble throws it. It makes the round trip down and back up to Kibble in about a half second, which is a good deal faster than most of Kibble’s cutters go.
[5%]

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special – Pulse Slash – Sir Kibble grips the cutter atop his head, then begins charging. This move is a chargeable move whose charge can be held, but not stored, like Ike’s Quick Draw or Luigi’s Green Missile. It reaches full charge after about three seconds. Releasing this charge causes Sir Kibble to slash his cutter down hard in front of him, creating a huge energy burst that covers the full semi-circle in front of him. The range varies depending on charge, but can be anywhere from just where the cutter reaches to, to a little over the range of Luigi’s Negative Zone (though just half of it). This energy wave does not pass through walls. This energy wave is the only part of the move that does damage, and always does 8%, no matter the charge. Knockback is unique on this move, as it will always push opponents to the end of the energy wave, and no further. Kibble suffers ending lag that’s a bit over average.
[8%]

Side Special – Cutter Storm – This is another chargeable move that can be held, but not stored. Sir Kibble readies cutters similar to how Sheik readies needles for her Neutral Special. He does it slightly slower, and can get up to five cutters ready before stopping. When released, he throws all the cutters forward together. What happens next is a bit complicated, so pay attention here. I’ll assume Kibble got all five cutters ready before throwing them.

All five cutters travel about two Stage Builder blocks. Then, as they’re about to return, one of them clangs against the other four, propelling them forward again. The first cutter shoots backward, but the remaining four go forward another two Stage Builder blocks. This continues to happen until no cutters remain. The cutter shooting backward will not home onto Sir Kibble—it shoots straight back. If it hits him, though, he’ll quickly catch it. The cutters travel slightly faster than PK Thunder on this move, as they’re being shot forward as they go. Each cutter does 2% damage, so the damage depends on how many are in the hit.
[2% to 10%]

Up Special – Comeback Cutter – Sir Kibble throws a boomerang straight down, at about twice the rate he’s falling. It goes down about three SB blocks’ length before pausing, and he falls about two blocks’ length during this time. After that, the cutter rushes back up, hitting Sir Kibble and propelling him upward for about the length of four SB blocks (though he already fell two, so it’s like being two up from where he started). The boomerang does 2% damage and no knockback while it’s flying downward, but Kibble is in a no-flinch state until he’s hit by it. As he flies back upward, he does 8% damage to anyone he hits, and moderate upward knockback. He’s got very good priority during this time. This recovery can be slightly curved left or right, but not much. Sir Kibble enters a freefall at the move’s end.
[2% + 8%]

Down Special – Cross Cutter – Returning on the Warp Star, Sir Kibble takes four boomerangs and throws them in each of the four cardinal directions. The boomerangs travel indefinitely, only stopping at walls, and do not return to Sir Kibble. These boomerangs travel about as fast as PK Thunder, and do 7% damage to anyone they come in contact with.
[7%]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash – Hurricane Cutter – Sir Kibble spreads his hands outward, summoning a blizzard of cutters around him. They reach about as far as Luigi’s Negative Zone, dealing multi-hit damage to and holding very well any opponents caught. After about 5 seconds and potentially 25% damage later, Sir Kibble takes the cutter from atop his head and flips, slashing it as he does. Opponents who are close to him (within about a Stage Builder block to any side) will take an additional 15% damage from this hit, and will receive moderately strong knockback from it, away from Kibble. Opponents who aren’t close enough receive no effect from this slash, and the slash makes the hurricane of cutters vanish into thin air.
[Up to 25% + 15%]

GRAB AND THROWS

Grab – Normal – Nothing special about this grab. Given his body type, it’s got about the same animation, range and whatnot as Kirby’s.

Pummel – Sir Kibble headbutts his opponent, digging his helmet cutter into them for 3% damage.
[3%]

Forward Throw – Flurry Cutter – Sir Kibble grabs his helmet cutter with his free hand, then proceeds to rapid-slash the living daylights out of his victim, dealing multi-hit damage up to 8%. This throw takes about three seconds to fully execute, and has weak knockback at its finish.
[Up to 8%]

Backward Throw – Body Check – Sir Kibble tosses his opponent backward over his shoulder, then turns and throws himself at them, knocking them further backward. This takes about two seconds to fully perform, does 6% damage, and has decent knockback. This does leave Kibble a little further back than he was when he started the throw. Kibble’s best throw for KOing, although still not great.
[6%]

Up Throw – Skewer – Kibble tosses his opponent over his head, then jumps up to hit them with his helmet cutter. Knockback is fairly weak, and it only does 6% damage. Similar to Sonic’s Up Throw, but a bit more laggy.
[6%]

Down Throw – Drill Dance – Sir Kibble drops his opponent to the ground, then jumps upside-down onto them, his cutter digging in. He then spins around, dealing multi-hit damage up to 8%. This move takes about three seconds to perform, and has weak knockback at the end.
[Up to 8%]

RECOVERY ATTACKS

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) – Sir Kibble leaps up and slides forward on his stomach, his helmet cutter forward. He slides further than most Ledge Attacks, but only does 4% damage, with weak knockback.
[4%]

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) – Sir Kibble climbs up and shoots a leg forward. This isn’t significantly different than most other Ledge Attacks, and Sir Kibble no longer has range to boast, still doing only 4% damage.
[4%]

Get Up Attack (From Front) – Sir Kibble spins around rapidly, propelling himself onto his feet. This has better range than most Get Up Attacks, but not by much, and does 5% damage to opponents hit.
[5%]

Get Up Attack (From Back) – Sir Kibble backflips onto his feet, rising a bit into the air during the process, giving this Get Up Attack more vertical range than most. 5% damage is dealt to anyone hit.
[5%]

Get Up Attack (From Rear) – Sir Kibble tosses his boomerang forward, then stands up as it returns to him. This has a good range to the front (about 1.5 SB blocks), but none to the back, and does 4% damage to anyone hit.
[4%]

TAUNTS AND VICTORY POSES

Up Taunt – Sir Kibble’s helmet falls shut, and he pulls it up again, shaking his head. Takes about a second.

Side Taunt – Sir Kibble pulls a cutter from behind his back and holds it skyward, where it gleams in the sunlight. He then puts it away. Takes about two seconds.

Down Taunt – Sir Kibble takes the cutter from his helmet off and polishes it with his other hand, then returns it to his helmet. Takes about a second.

Up Victory Pose – A slash mark appears across the entire screen, then Sir Kibble appears, as if from nowhere, in the center, holding a cutter outstretched in his right hand, facing slightly downward.

Side Victory Pose – Sir Kibble leaps in from the right side of the stage, slashing a cutter from overhead down in front of him as he feet hit the ground.

Down Victory Pose – Sir Kibble begins breakdancing. After a second or two, he gets onto his head and begins spinning, his cutter sinks into the ground, and he becomes stuck, then hangs limp, embarrassed.

Loss Pose – Sir Kibble stands and claps, similar to Meta Knight.

MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS

Idle 1 – Sir Kibble looks left, then right, ensuring that he’s aware of all his surroundings.

Idle 2 – Sir Kibble reaches a hand up and touches his cutter, slightly wiggling/adjusting it as he does.

Crouch – Sir Kibble bends over a bit, but really doesn’t lose very much height at all.

Run – Sir Kibble runs as best he can with all that armor, bouncing slowly from one foot to the other, then back to the one, then the other…

Wall Hit – Sir Kibble just hits the wall with the front of his helmet, then bounces off.

Dizzy – Sir Kibble grips the sides of his helmet with his hands, swaying back and forth.

Sleep – Sir Kibble’s helmet falls closed, and his arms go limp. He remains standing.

Shield – Behind his bubble shield, Sir Kibble can be seen with his fists clenched, and his helmet shut tightly.

EXTRAS

Symbol – Warp Star

Entrance – A spinning cutter appears, spinning very fast. From behind it, where he can’t be seen because of the cutter’s rapid spinning, Sir Kibble snatches the cutter, then places it atop his helmet.

Alternate Costumes – Color changes affect Sir Kibble’s helmet and gloves.
+ Standard – Gold helmet, red gloves
+ Blue Team – Silver helmet (tinted slightly blue), blue gloves
+ Red Team – Bronze helmet (red tint), dark red gloves
+ Green Team – Silver helmet (green tint), forest green gloves
+ Brown – Dark bronze helmet, blue gloves
+ Black & White – Black helmet, off-white gloves

Wii Remote Sound – A whirling boomerang noise is heard, followed by a resounding clang.

Kirby Hat – Kirby gains the top half of Sir Kibble’s helmet, as well as the Pulse Slash, which functions exactly the same.

OTACON: Snake! Look! It’s Sir Kibble![/b]

SNAKE: This walking helmet? Is there anything inside that helmet, Otacon?

OTACON: Not that anyone knows of, Snake. No one’s ever seen what’s behind that helmet.

SNAKE: Right… Anything I should know about how this little freak fights?

OTACON: Well, he’s a knight from Dream Land—

SNAKE: So he’s fast, like Meta Knight?

OTACON: No, actually. All that armor weighs him down quite a bit. But he’s got a lot of range.

SNAKE: Range? What’s he got tucked inside that helmet, a longbow?

OTACON: Boomerangs, Snake. A seemingly endless supply.

SNAKE: Should’ve guessed… So that’s not just helmet décor after all…

PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY

Sir Kibble players should know their spacing if they expect to get far, since Sir Kibble’s attacks all work at long range and don’t do a whole lot of damage. He’s not fast, either, so you’ve got to know what you’re doing long before you do it. Unlike Poppy Bros. Jr., Sir Kibble’s range doesn’t work so well on a whim. You’ve got to set it up.

Attacks like the Dash Attack and Up Air can be good for creating small distractions that can set up well for other attacks, the most notable of which for KOing are the Forward Smash and the Backward Air. Many of his other moves are simply situational, so they just need to be used when they feel most appropriate.

Sir Kibble’s Neutral Special is an effective tool for keeping opponents away, so you can keep the fight a ranged one. Once your opponent is playing at far range, his Side Special and Down Special become excellent options. Unfortunately, you have to get in close for most KOs, as the two moves I mentioned earlier are among his best options.

In short, you want to keep your distance until you’re ready to KO. Kibble doesn’t have to be afraid of getting in close for those KOs, as he’s heavy enough to take a few hits. But his lack of speed and weak attacks will hurt him big time if you play the whole match up-close.

AUTHOR’S NOTES

Kibble can seem a bit weak as you read through some of these moves. Remember, though, that he’s a heavyweight, so that’s a big asset for him. He can take more than a few hits and still fight like he’s fresh onto the field, and that helps his game quite a bit.

Well, that's it. I'm scared to death I missed something in a moveset this big, but hopefully all my hard work pays off and you guys like it! :grin:

EDIT: No worries, Lemon. Happens to the best of us! Second post on a page is good, too, anyway!

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Kibble: Thanks. Here is a page bump for you if it's not too late.

Edit: Wow. Just missed that Cookie Crisp...

@Spadefox: Did I really? Oh my. I am usually the first one to do something that nobody would think to do. Many apologies there.

I am going ahead to work on O' Chunks since I need him for my SSE early.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Just from skimming it, this thing is easily one of the most epic move sets I've ever seen, and not just becasue it's four move sets in one. It's four GREAT move sets on one!

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
That is so freaking huge. I skimmed through it as well and there was no flaws in the findings. I guess you could get away with that when making a gargantuous moveset. It took the spotlight from my Cid, but I am quite honored

D

Deleted member

I won't be doing Celebrity Impersonator. However, I will be doing a character with an identical gimmick (Which I haven't stated yet):

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So, erm, how do you switch characters?

Don't tell me you forgot the most basic part of a multi-character! Say it ain't so, Kibble!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
So, erm, how do you switch characters?

Don't tell me you forgot the most basic part of a multi-character! Say it ain't so, Kibble!
Read the beginning. You can't always skip straight to the characters in a multi-character moveset! There's a whole section on the switching mechanic. ;)

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Awesome moveset kibble, Cid was pretty nice too Cruxis ^^

Anyone from MYM 2.0 think I should revamp Vent for MYM 4.0? Cuz I think if I revamp him he might do even better thaan last time >.>

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Thanks alot, pal.

Uhhh I think they previously announced that you cant do remakes. Sorry if that is so
Actually remakes from 2.0 are fine.

Hopefully they'll allow 3.0 remakes if you changed a large majority of the moves....

If not, I'll be pretty mad after having to change EVERY move in Ashencroft's set in hopes that it would be allowed.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Cid and The Kirby Helpers look great. Now I'm not the only one to do a four character moveset.:laugh: Did anyone else?

Hero of Pac-Land, Muncher of Ghosts, PAC-MAN JOINS THE BRAWL!​

The Special Thing That Makes Him Special:

Pac-Man has a special twist to his gameplay. Pac-Dots. For every 2 percent of damage, he gets a Pac-Dot. He starts with 10. If you run out, you can't do his Neutral or Up Specials, or his Up and Side Smash. If you get more than 10 Pac-Dots, you can group 10 of them together into a Super Pac-Dot while using his Standard Special. If you run completely out of Pac-Dots, not only do you lose some smashes and B moves, but you get 10 damage and in the air, Helpless form. But you can't just keep four or five Dots around, or your recovery is still very bad. Pac-Man has amazing recovery, if you save up enough dots you can get a huge recovery allowing you to get back from nearly any distance. See his Up B for more info about this recovery. It is rumored that if you have 200 Pellets, something special happens...

Power: 7/10: Pac-Man is not overly powerful, but not terrible.

Walking Speed:
3/10: Pac-Man walks slowly.

Dashing Speed:
8/10: Pac-Man has to run a lot to avoid the ghosts, so he is a fast runner.

Weight: 6/10: Pac-Man is in the middle weight class.

Range:
7/10: His projectiles and long ranged attacks give him a high score here.

Projectiles:
8/10: Pac-Man has a very nice projectile.

Attack Speed: 5/10: His attacks, especially specials, have high lag.

Air speed: 7/10: Pac-Man falls quickly, but has very high maneuverability in the air.

Size:
5/10: About the size of Sonic.

First Jump:
8/10: Pac pushes off the ground with the tips of his boots.

2nd Jump:
7/10: Pac jumps off the air like most of the cast.

Fall Speed: 7/10: Pac falls semi quickly.

Recovery:
3-10/10: It all depends on your number of pellets.

Crouch: 4/10: Pac is round, so his crouch is not that great.

Traction:
6/10: Pac has average traction.

Wall Jump: Yes: Pac can punch off of walls.

Wall Cling:
Sort of: He falls much more slowly while griping the wall. He has a special Wall Fall attack (see situational attacks).

Crawl: No:

Glide: No:

Tether Recovery:
Yes: Pac can only recover if he has enough, that's right, Pac-Dots.

Normal:

Jab - Punch
Pac-Mans Punches forward, first with his right hand, then with his left. 2 damage for both. They have medium range, and if ended before the AAA, medium lag. This has no special properties and is quite generic, and is only included in memory of Pac-Man World 3.

AAA: Super Punch: Pac-Man punches with his right fist again for 7 damage and medium knockback. His fist doubles in size, so you get nice range on this attack.

Dash: Short Bounce: Pac-Man jumps forward low above the ground, and butt bounces weakly before somersaulting up. It has high ending lag, but high knockback. It does 11 damage.

Tilts:

Side Tilt: Pac-Dot Shield: Pac-Man pulls out 12 dots and makes a shield in front of him. If an opponent touches the pellet shield, they receive high knockbackand 8 damage. YOU NEED 12 PELLETS! Without all 12, you can not do this move at all, you'll just do his jab attack.

U Tilt: Pellet Juggle: Pac-Man takes out three dots and juggles them. Each one can do 4 damage and medium knockback. It has high ending lag. It is useful for blocking D-Air however, since it provides a temporary shield.

D Tilt: Pellet Slide: Pac-Man pulls out six pellets, three in each hand, and swings them around him like a Mario Tornado with higher range. It has medium knockback, does 11 damage, has very high range and low ending lag.

Time for the Smashes!

Up Smash: Pellet Spiral: Requires six pellets for its fully charged form. Pac pulls out a chain of pellets six pellets long. When the smash is released, He swings them above him so that they form a spiral. It does high knockback, and 18 percent (three for each pellet) you do not lose any pellets. However, if you only have, say, 4 pellets, when four have been pulled out he releases the smash. If you only have one, then once there is one pellet visible, the smash is released.

Side Smash: Pellet Swing: Requires eight pellets for full power: Pac-Man pulls out a chain of pellets. When released, he swings it forward in a long range smash. It does high knockback, and 2 damage per pellet for a maximum of sixteen damage. You only lose one pellet, the rest you keep.

Down Smash: Ghost Pad: While charging up, a red and pink spiraled pad appears beneath him. He rev rolls on it. When it is released, on either side a ghost comes out, Pinky and Clyde. Clyde uses Super Boo, which means he yells and sends out a few blur energy rings. Pinky throws a Snow Ball. Both do high knockback and 21 damage. It has high lag at the end, so use it sparingly. The ghosts disappear at the end. This smash takes double the normal time to charge up, but is more powerful than most.

Aerials:

Neutral Aeriel: Pellet Ring: Pac-Man takes out five pellets and spins them around himself, making a ring. Each pellet does 3 damage, for a total of fifteen damage. Like all pellet attacks, if you don't have enough pellets you just pull out as many as you have, one through four. You keep all of the pellets used. Medium knockback.

F-Air: Dot Toss: Pac pulls out one pellet and throws it forward. It has high range, but bad ending lag. Medium knockback, 15 damage if it hits immediately, 8 damage if not.

B-Air: Fruit Smash: Pac-Man pulls out a random fruit and spins it behind him. It makes one full ring and then he eats it again. Like Togepi's Metronome, you never know what fruit it will be. Cherry: Low knockback, 5 damage. Apple: Low-Medium knockback and seven damage. Orange: Medium Knockback and 10 damage. Strawberry: Medium-High Knockback, 13 percent. Watermelon: High knockback, and 15 damage. Cherry appears the most commonly, and watermelon is the rarest. The more dots you have, the more likely you are to get great fruit.

U-Air: Flip Kick: It couldn't make it into the specials, so here it is as his Up Aeriel. He flips and kicks while he is upside down. See 03:40 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3KQqS77EY It has high knockback, does 14 damage, and has low lag. It is a very useful attack to use against characters that stay above in the air, because it has very low lag, so it can surprise opponents who try to attack you from above or the sides.

D-Air: Explosive Dot: Pac pulls out a red dot and throws it at the ground. It is a projectile, and it goes very fast, and has no starting lag, so it's a great surprise attack. It does 12 damage and has high knockback. It can spike easily at the very beginning. It takes up four pellets, and you do not get them back.

Grabs And Throws:

Grab: Pellet chain: Yeah, you need at least 10 dots for it to reach its full potential. It is very long ranged, but has ending lag, as do all long ranged grabs. The dots form a ring at the end and rope the opponent in.

Pummel: Pac-Punch: Pac-Man punches the opponent. Nothing special, 4 damage, low lag, completely normal.

Forward throw: Dot Whip: Pac-Man takes out a chain of 6 pellets and whips it forward, sending the opponent flying. High knockback, seven damage. Does not work with less then three pellets.

Back Throw: Yo-Yo: Pac-Man takes out a ten dot long rope of dots and ties it around the opponent. Then he swings them around, until they are touching him, then he spins it the opposite way so that they go flying backwards. it sounds like it takes a long time, but it happens very quickly. High knockback, 6 damage.

Up Throw: Flip Kick: Pac throws the opponent in the air and flip kicks them. It has medium knockback and 10 damage. Not much else to say, for details on the flip kick see his U-Air.

Down Throw: Butt Bounce: Pac-Man Butt Bounces the opponent. It has low knockback, but it gives 23 damage if you have over 50 pellets.If not, you give out 13 damage.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Pac Dot throw: Pac-Man takes out a dot and throws it. It looks sort of like 00:25 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzmch-mz5Zw&feature=related but it goes much farther. It normally takes up only one Dot, but if you charge it it uses 5 dots with more damage and more knockback. This attack is useless without Dots. With only one dot: 7 damage, medium knockback, medium range. With 5 dots, 14 percent, high knockback, high range.

Side Special: Rev Roll: Pac Man starts running in place like at 05:46 of the following video, and then shoots forward in a ball like at 05:50 of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFs-NGslMzw&feature=related It can be charged infinitely, but takes two seconds to reach its full power. It is good for recovery and approach. It does 12 to 15 damage, and medium to high knockback. It has some punishable lag at the end though, but no lag if it ends in the air. Pac can also use this in the Subspace Emissary thing I will be making to get up high slopes.

Up Special: Pac-Dot Chain: This recovery is a bit like Rob's and Pit's, in that it is pretty much completely controllable and does no damage or knockback. 01:34 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ystbLmSzsg&feature=related As you can see, It starts with a big red dot and goes along many normal yellow dots. The first dot uses two dots, and the rest use 1. This is a hugely useful recovery technique, as you can use all of you pellets for an amazing recovery if you have a lot of them. You can steer it without much lag, and only when you run out of dots do you enter helpless mode. To make it even better, it's pretty much ungimpable. While he does this move, if you attack him during it he loses eight pellets, but can DO IT AGAIN AFTER BEING ATTACKED! This is an amazing move and makes Pac-Mans recovery really great. Without Pac-Pellets though, this move does NOTHING. Use Rev Roll instead, because this just puts you into helpless mode if you have no pellets. Imaging Olimars Up Special with no Pikmin. When you land however, there is a lot of lag.

Down Special: Butt Bounce: Pac-Man jumps up and then smashes down into the ground again, before being pushed back up into the air again. He can do this twice for 15 damage and medium knockback, but the third one has lots of range, high knockback, and 20 damage. If you are in the air when you do it, you go straight down, so don't use it for recovery, and especially don't do it off the edge, or its an automatic SD. you can move where you are while doing it, so if they move, you can follow them while still bouncing. See this video to see the butt bounce, and notice the third one. The part to look at is 00:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFs-NGslMzw&feature=related

Final Smash: Maze: Pac-Man pulls out a Power Pellet (you don't need any dots to do it, but honestly, why would you play as Pac-Man and not use any dots?) and eats it. He turns into his original 2D form and the stage flashes white and turns into a maze. All the opponents turn into blue ghosts. You have ten seconds to munch them all up. When eaten, they turn into 2D eyes and teleport into the center of the maze. When it finishes, all the opponents eaten receive forty damage and very high knockback. However, if you don't eat anyone, this attack is pointless.

Over 200 pellets: Power Up: If you have over 200 Pac-Dots, no ordinary pellet will be thrown with your standard special! instead, one of 4 different pellets will come out. They do no damage or knockback, but when touched, something special happens... Lets start with the Ribbon Loop Power Up.

Ribbon Loop Power Up: If Pac grabs a pink ball, he gets the Ribbon Loop Power Up. This leaves a trail of pinkish orange behind you.If you make a loop with it (jump back through the air or just walk back) everyone touching any part of the inside of it receives 11 damage and low knockback. It also puts them in the Dizzy state for two seconds. All the power ups can be used for 12 seconds.

Electro-Shock Power Up: When Pac eats a blue pellet, he gains electric powers! When using his Pac-Dot Throw, you instead have lightning bolts come out of your hands. it does four damage per hit, and altogether there are 12 hits, for a total of forty-eight damage. It has no knockback, however. This works wonders against characters with the metal box, doing five damage instead of four. That's sixty damage!

Super Stomp Power Up: Pac eats a green pellet, and his Butt Bounce is hugely upgraded! It sends out a shock wave three quarters the length of Final destination! It does 13 damage and has high knockback. It also stuns enemies for a second. It destroys all of the blocks on Green Greens, it destroys every part of Skyworld, and it breaks open all boxes, capsules, and other containers.

Chrome Power Up: If Pac eats a chrome metal power pellet, he turns metallic. However, his jumps are not affected at all, so it is much better than metal boxes. It also reduces the knockback and damage of all attacks by three quarters. DO NOT use it in watery stages, just let it disappear. You instantly sink to your death if you go in the water. Unless you are absolutely sure you will go nowhere near the water, do not use it on stages with deep water.

Videos of these pellets:
Ribbon: 00:32 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYQlNbKE5as&feature=related

Stomp: The beginning of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYPQM9g2f0Q&feature=related

Electro: 02:15 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjHQzLcpS4&feature=related

I don't have a video of Chrome, just imagine Pac-Man, but metal.

NOTE: These seem broken, but to get one you need to have 200 pellets, which means at least 400 damage, and you will, of course, use more pellets than that. So these are very hard to get.

Situational Attacks:

Get Up Attack: Spin Kick: Pac spins around and kicks in front of him. It has low knockback and does four damage. You gain 15 pellets though.

Trip Attack: Butt Bounce: Yeah, another Butt Bounce. This one does low knockback and three damage.

Wall Grip Attack: Backwards Punch: Pac-Man turns around and punches the opponent. This attack has medium knockback and 5 damage.

Ledge Attack: Kick: Pac-Man jumps up and kicks in this FANTASTICALLY ORIGINALLY NAMED ATTACK. Low knockback and two damage.

Extras!

Up Taunt: Pac-Man dribbles a Pac-Dot.

Side Taunt: Pac-Man eats a Pac-Dot. You gain a pac dot when you do this taunt.

Down Taunt: Pac-Man says "That's Pac-Life."

Victory Pose #1:pac-Man is eating a slice of cake from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroexvXpHc0

Victory Pose #2: Clyde is floating in front of Pac-Man facing him. He says "What's for dinner?" Pac says "You Are!" and eats him. This pose never occurs if you faced the Ghost Gang in that match.

Victory Pose #3: Pac-Man Butt Bounces onto a B-Doing and blasts away.

Victory Theme: Part of the theme from Pac-Man World 2.

Loss: Pac-Man claps with a sad face.

Dodge: Jumps backwards into the background for a second.

Air Dodge: Curls into a ball.

Ledge Roll: Pac-Man just jumps up. He can hold on double the amount of time most people can.

Idle: Pac-Man just stands there.

Idle Pose: Pac-Man will play with pellets, jump around, look around, and other stuff.

Stunned: He holds his head like he has a headache.

Sleeping: He pats the ground and goes to sleep, snoring.

Swimming: He doggy paddles.

Drowning: He waves his arms with a sad look on his face. Look at the pictures and imagine the smile upside down.

Badges: They are both on his head.

Attacked: He turns into eyes when it is a fatal blow. If he escapes it, a new ghost suit appears around him upon regaining control.

Footstool Jumped: He will yell "Ow!"

Entrance: Pac-Man butt bounces in.

Crowd Chant: Pac-Man! By men and women..

Wiimote Sound: Wakka wakka!

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Pac-Mans smile and those spikes on his head. Kirby has 30 pellets. When he runs out he returns to normal Kirby.

Credits Theme: Banni Canyon Spectrals.

Ending Cutscene: Pac-Man is circling two Yoshis with Ribbon Loop, then he is Butt Bouncing Erwin's Gigatron (SSE2) and then he Is Rev Rolling on the stage Spectral Realm.

Classic Picture: Pac-Man is in Pac-Village stage talking to Ms. Pac (Alternate Costume)

All-Star Picture: Pac-Man is eating Inky in his Orson costume. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=empVBidf2R4

Death Cry: "Ughah!"

Star KO Cry: The sound Pac-Man makes when he dies in the original 1980 arcade game Pac-Man.

Codec:
Snake: Who's that ball over there?
Otacon: Be careful! That's Pac-Man, he uses his food to attack you!
Snake: You mean those yellow dots?
Otacon: Yes, those! Be careful, sometimes they explode!
Snake: Explosive food? I've gotta get some of that...

Alternate Costumes:
Red Team: Ms. Pac
Blue Team: Jr. Pac
Green Team: Professor Pac
Baby Pac
A Pac with black skin, red eyes, dark blue gloves, and gold boots.
Metallic Pac
Handy Pac

Assist Trophy: Mr. Nightmare/?Drubs?/Spectral Fiend: Ok, I don't know exactly what he does! I don't even know if he actually will do anything, but I suspect he has a larger role in Pac-Man World 3 than is shown. In the Spectral Cliffs, he tries pushing Pinky off of a cliff, and then helps constrain Clyde in the Spectral Vail. However, I think he is sort of the Dimentio of this game, betraying Erwin (main bad guy) at the end. So when I reach the final boss, if he does, I'll say what this trophy does. If he does not do what I think he will, I'll just erase this. Here is a video of him, he's the weird orange guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wHIfWS4FNQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Iw5ABt4II&feature=related

Stage: Spectral Realm: The home of the ghosts. The spectral realm is an alternate dimension, where the ghosts and spectral monsters live. This stage is broken up into a few sections. The center platform is about as big as Final Destination. On either side there is a platform half as big. They are all sticking out of the purple water. If you touch the purple water you take 14 damage. In the background there is a big rotating ring and a bunch of ghostly rocks floating above the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b78S78KFiU&feature=related In that video it shows what the Spectral Realm looks like. Occasionally, one of the rocks will come in from the background and you can stand on it, but if it goes back into the background with you on it it's a Star KO. But don't worry, there is about five seconds of warning before it leaves. Every minute and a half, a portal appears in the background and spectral monsters come out. They don't go onto the battlefield and effect game play, they just walk around in the background. Randomly, ghosts will pass through the background as well. Occasionally one of the platforms will sink into the pink miasma or get taller. The blast zones are very high up, like Jungle Japes. here is a picture of it I made:

Event Matches:

Event 14: Ghost Gang Battle
You Use: Pac-Man
You Fight: The Ghost Gang
Stage: Spectral Realm
Description: Beat the ghosts before the spectral Realm collapses!
Unlocks: Spectral Realm (stage)
Special Conditions: All of the ghosts are on at once, so it's one on four. Time limit of one minute.

Event 23: Spooky
You Use: Pac-Man
You Fight: Spooky
Stage: Pac-Village
Description: Defeat the Lord of the Ghosts!
Unlocks: Golden Fruit tree (trophy)
Special Conditions: This is the Ghost Gangs final smash, but he has HP and lasts until you kill him.

Event 2: Ghostly Mansion
You Use: Luigi
You Fight: Inky, Boo
Stage: Luigi's Mansion
Description: Get these pesky ghosts out of your house!
Unlocks: Inky as a playable character.
Special Conditions: Not only must you defeat them, but also you have to keep the mansion up! If it falls, you fail.

Unlocking Message:
"You have unlocked Pac-Man, the ghost munching sphere!"
You have unlocked the Spectral Realm, home of the ghosts and spectral monsters!

Gallery:

Pictures of Pac-Man

Pac-Man with a Pac-Dot:

Pac-Mans Final Smash, except the ghosts are blue, not those other colors:

NOTE: CREDIT FOR THE VIDEOS GOES TO GOODCOWGAMES AND ATROCITY3010, NOT ME. I DID NOT FILM ANY OF THIS.

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Actually remakes from 2.0 are fine.

Hopefully they'll allow 3.0 remakes if you changed a large majority of the moves....

If not, I'll be pretty mad after having to change EVERY move in Ashencroft's set in hopes that it would be allowed.
Well, at least I got Vent then, who will now have 7 movesets ^^ I'll add the X model, I dubbed it too gun based last time and the fact it's only a tutorial and unlockable(very difficult one at that>.>) and I'll give model OX a whole moveset this time >.>

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Baloo: Thanks alot. That Pacman is awesome. Great colors. I knew he had potential, but I wasn't sure how I would go about if I were making him.I loved the PS2 games

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Almost forgot to acknowledge Kibble's set. Sorry about that Kibble.

The thing is a tower of text that could give The Third Agers a run for their money. I don't want to be in charge of reviewing it.

Good job.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone! I thought that when I Pac-Man it would just be another moveset, but then I thought of the Pellet idea. I tried incorporating it into the moveset I had made, and it worked great.

@~Cruxis~: I only have the PC version of world three, and I never beat it. If you remember, what is that orange guy with the horns? Do you ever fight him?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone! I thought that when I Pac-Man it would just be another moveset, but then I thought of the Pellet idea. I tried incorporating it into the moveset I had made, and it worked great.

@~Cruxis~: I only have the PC version of world three, and I never beat it. If you remember, what is that orange guy with the horns? Do you ever fight him?
I never played World 3 unfortunately. I couldnt tell you

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So is each helper getting their own review or something?
Well... pretty much, yeah. They're not all going to be up at once - I'll be reviewing Scizor sometime soon, too - but yeah, I really can't fit in everything I want to talk about in a single review.

Anyone who hasn't already want to comment on Jafar? Kibble, that means YOU.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
@SirKibble

Great moveset. It is top quality AAA class.

Sakurai should have put this moveset in Brawl or SSB4, it would fit him too because he likes Kirby and all.

But I do have some issues with the moveset.

I don't think it is good to have Down B be both an attack and switching. I think it should just be switching, so it is standardized with Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek. Those two cannot perform an attack wth their switch. As far as ZSS, she can only take off her suit and she could use the suit pieces to throw at people but she cannot go back into her suit again for the match until she gets a smash ball, and another thing is that another person can grab the pieces and use her own suit against her.
The part of the weakness of switch characters like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda is that if you do it in battle, it should leave you vulnerable. Having the attack happen at that time nullifys that weakness, where the opponent should be waiting with a fully charged FSmash if you switch.

Bugzzy also looks too unbalanced. A character who grabs a lot? That makes shielding almost useless in most cases. Is that the point? How are you supposed to fight a character whom you cant shield for so many attacks? I also think the human shield seems too over powered, like in a 2 vs 1 match you might hit your partner. And if you don't hit him, he throws the character and it does damage. There has to be some weakness to it. Maybe you should be able to grab a Bugzzy who grabbed your partner and free your partner for no damage, then put Bugzzy in a shieldbreak animation for a small amount of time. That, and also you should be able to hit Bugzzy's back which is not the side he is holding your partner in and damage him.

Are you sure it is ok to redo MYM 2.0 movesets? How different does the moveset have to be from its former incarnation? I want to remake my Paula Polestar and Salahuddin Ayyub moveset.

Also, can someone direct me to the person or page where I can request one of those small signature things that everyone has for their moveset, on their signature?

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
@SirKibble

Are you sure it is ok to redo MYM 2.0 movesets? How different does the moveset have to be from its former incarnation? I want to remake my Paula Polestar and Salahuddin Ayyub moveset.

Also, can someone direct me to the person or page where I can request one of those small signature things that everyone has for their moveset, on their signature?
Two questions I was wanting to ask, sorta, I jsut want verification on revamps and to know how to make the sig's

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The icons are mostly made by me, although SirKibble and Spadefox can take requests also. Cruxiph makes his own, they're a bit different from everyone else's.

Just so everyone knows.

Also, MYM 2 movesets CAN be remade. MYM 3 can't unless they're completely and totally different. At most, one or two attacks can be copied over.

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
The icons are mostly made by me, although SirKibble and Spadefox can take requests also. Cruxiph makes his own, they're a bit different from everyone else's.

Just so everyone knows.

Also, MYM 2 movesets CAN be remade. MYM 3 can't unless they're completely and totally different. At most, one or two attacks can be copied over.
Thanks, wellp, then could you make one for Luso, Ramza , Vent and my newest edition since my roster cleared up, FOAMY THE SQUIRREL! (my first joke moveset>.>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom