• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
More recent highlights include Grux's Dr. Cid, Kibble's Super Star Helpers, Kholdstare's Anon, and my own Jafar.

Nyuh! Don't forget about me, THE STRONGEST GUY IN THE UNIVERSE!! (Not really.)

...Oh, right. Looks like I'm getting ahead of myself. (Sorree!)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
FUCK YEAH MISCHIEF MAKERS

C A T ! C L A N C E R

Hey, I'm joining the smash thing! (What a bummer!)

I'm Cat Clancer, and I've come to destroy you.

But...I'm too weak!

Let's settle this with a cool moveset. Only you and me will play, okay? (Everyone else move!)

~~~~~~~ NYUH!! ~~~~~~~

SMASH attacks! BOOM! WHAM! KA-PLOWIE!!

Charge!! - When you're playing a game with someone, it's always important to play fair. I'm telling you this for your own good, so listen up: always follow the rules, no matter what you're doing, okay? Still...it's not technically against the rules to get a little head-start, y'know? Kind of...asuddenrushforwardtogetheballfirst!? All's fair in love and dodgeball, nyuh! (I won't tell if you won't!)

I get distracted easily. - It's true. I'm getting hypnotized for it (or at least, I think that's what that's for...), but still...whenever I see a butterfly or a little buzzy beetle flying around, I've just gotta' go prancing around after it, you know? Aren't you like that too?

Mmm, I'm sleepy. - Man, life is tough. And it doesn't get easier as you get older. I can remember when I was just a little baby kitty--all I wanted to do was get older fast so I could buy a sweet car and get some babes. But now, I'd give all the cars and babes in the world up for a shot at my kittenhood again. My old (well, relatively old) bones can only take so much before a little cat nap is in order. In fact *yawn-nyuh*...I think I'll just take on now, if you don't mind...Zzzzz

Zzzz...*snore*...zzzz...zzzz...

Zzzz. - Nma. Mmmm, no...no, don't take the Clancerbot, Mari...na...*snore*

Zz...wha? - Oh, sorry. I think I drifted off there for a minute. What...was I talking about again? Oh, right the down thingy. Yeah, like I told you: cherish the time you have now, because before you know it, it's gone. Don't be like me, and grow up to regret your mistakes. There're no amount of hoops you can jump through to correct some stuff, no matter how high and how far you jump (I'm not really much for jumping though). You just end up falling on your face though.

Flair. - Why does everyone have to bounce all over the place? Walking's better for you, it doesn't tire you out as fast, and you won't run the risk of falling down a pit like you do by hoppin' around. Yeah, if I had a rocket pack, I'd be all over that stuff...but for now I think I'll just stick to the ground.

Flying...? - But I'm scared of heights...

... - ...No, really, I don't want to jump. Don't try to force your stupid rules on me! I am my own cat! (I guess...maybe if I get pushed off a platform I could...flail around a little, or something.)

Regular attacks. You know, the kind I do regularly.

Eh. - This is a cool move. Even though I don't do much of anything. Actually, I guess you could say that I do something pretty cool...but even though it looks really cool (and don't tell anyone this), all I'm doing is just standing around. Sometimes I even lay down--and seriously, if there's anything under me, it's gonna' get squashed flat! (Like a pancake!)

Eff tilt. - "It's important to stay in shape." That's something I've always believed in, y'know? Like, if you don't have your health, what do you have? Not much, when you think about it. And an important part of exercise is walking. When I'm not playing with Lunar's toys, I like to walk everywhere. Sometimes I step on a bug, and then I have to wipe it off on something. (Eww...)

The up one. - Isn't my tail cute? It's so soft and fluffy. When I'm happy, I swish it around, back and forth above my head. I'll tell you a secret about my tail, but don't tell anyone! It's...actually not naturally black. I dye it that. WITH THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES--no, haha, not really. (Can you imagine though?)

Down! - Okay so here's a funny story: the other day (Monday, maybe) I was going over to play at Emperor Leo's place, and I yelled at him "down boy!", and he actually did it! Ahahahah! ...Of course, after he realized who it was, he hit me a lot...

Still a good story though.

Special moves! The other ones aren't special. You know why? It's because they're not "SPECIAL" moves. Duh.

Bee. - Nothing better than a good game of dodgeball, nyuh! My throwing arm is really good--I even beat Marina once! As soon as that big red (or white--I'm not picky) ball drops from the sky, I grab ahold of it--KER-SNATCH!!--and then throw it forward--VOOM!!--with all my might! Sometimes I fall on my face, but that's nothing compared to the world of pain my target's going to be in when they eat hot rubber!!

Besides. Or something. - I also have this really, really cool move here. It's my Super Secret Special Sneak-Up Camouflage Technique, Mark III©!!

Now, everyone knows that I'm an easy-going dude. So naturally, I stop and smell the roses, if you know what I mean. But what they don't know is that I'm also a master of deception. So when I go to pluck that nearby flower? Yeah that's right--when I've lulled them into a false sense of security, I attack them with the very flower I just plucked! They never see it coming!!

This is a cool move. - I know I don't look it, but I'm really not the beefcake I seem. I find that the babes prefer the sensitive, thoughtful guy, y'know? But wait wait wait, this isn't about relationships--this is about contests of strength! So...as I was saying, I'm not really as "all that" as I seem. And believe it or not, sometimes my ninja-like reflexes aren't enough to keep me out of trouble, and so sometimes I end up taking a blow from my mortal enemy. And like I said, since I'm not a real husky dude, I fly pretty far from even the smallest of taps. Thankfully I've found that it doesn't really matter. As long as I don't run out of HP, I can survive anything, and I've heard that this Smash Kids thing doesn't even have HP! (I'm INVINCIBLE!!)

Down B. - ...Nyuh...sorry, but I don't think I have one of these. I'm really, really sorry. (Sorry...)

LAST ATTACK!!

Heeeeeeere's Lunar! (Nyuh-huh, I've always wanted to do that. ^.^)

Hey! Idiot cat! Where do you get off stealing my lines!?

Nyuh-oh! Please don't hit me Lunar sir! I didn't mean anything by it! I-I-I was just playing a cool gameset thing with my friend here, and then I got to talking about myself and all that, but then I figured since this is the last part that I might as well say something with lots of fan-service potential, y'know? Like, Yuke Yuke was a really poor-selling game in America, but still it's nice for those who did play it to--

Hyagah!! Just shut up already! I'm Lunar! THE STRONGEST GUY IN THE UNIVERSE!! HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY INTRO!!

Ow! Owowowowowowo!! Nyagh! (I'm sorreee!!)

Hya hya hya hyahyahyahyahya!!

Nyuuuuuuhhh!!!

Hya hya hya! Now that that's out of the way, time to die losers!!

...There! That oughta' set you idiot readers in line! Now get outta' here! (Achoo!)

...Is he...is he gone? Phew. Well...it looks like you win this round. I just couldn't stack up.

Just as I thought. I knew you'd be too powerful for me.

Well...since you won, I guess I'll just go hang out with Lunar, soon as he calms down. (He's always scolding me for riding on his missiles. He always says "they're not toys!", and then he hits me. They sure are fun to play with though!)

See ya!​

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hahaha... Cat Clancer!

Now that comes unexpected. :bee:

Edit: Just read through it. Priceless. I love it. <3

Mischief Makers is one of the most underappreciated gems for the N64... I fell in love with it, too!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That'sa some nice lulz, Mendez. Good job. It almost makes me want to forgive you for changing your avatar. Almost.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
k rool, i dont want to be a leech or nuthin but did you see my last post? i now have a picture and credits music for scourge. so now he is legit! i also dont mind your choice of kawasaki just make his FS 100% from kirby's, mmkay? and incorporate all the foods that appear in kirby games or something, like his final smash could be a maxim tomato that falls like snorlaxand then heals kawasaki, or have his side special throw a chocolate bar.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hahaha... Cat Clancer!

Now that comes unexpected. :bee:

Edit: Just read through it. Priceless. I love it. <3

Mischief Makers is one of the most underappreciated gems for the N64... I fell in love with it, too!

Yeah, yeah! I'll bet it was my dashing performace that stole your heart, wasn't it? There are probably better Treasure games you could spend your time with, and the boss guys had some pretty big difficulties getting the game published overseas, but really...when you think about it, Mischief Makers is all the better because of how few games the N64 had, right?

Like, not to say the system was bad or anything, but without major 3rd party support, it just couldn't stand up to the PlayStation. But that's why I love it so much! Everyone loves the underdog! (Or undercat!)

That'sa some nice lulz, Mendez. Good job. It almost makes me want to forgive you for changing your avatar. Almost.

...Nywha? Oh, you mean me. Yeah, that's just an alias I go by while I surf the 'net, y'know. Even though it's really scary, I really appreciated RE4 for it's nonstop action and suspenseful moments.​

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

WHEEEEEE!

goldwyvern, I'm leaving that to Mendez to update. He'll get to it eventually, don't worry.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
SPAMSPAMSPAM FOR SPADEFOX

And here I was expecting a serious entry from you, Mendez. I am throughly dissapointed. Your pathetic attempts at humor fall flat on their face. Stick to making serious movesets. And we KNOW that Clarence isn't your real idendity. Stop trying to be funny, loser.

I Lol'd.

Like Mendez, I really wanted you to do Kawasaki as well. If you end up actually doing him, I'll edit my first chapter to implement him in there. He begs to be Dedede's chief chef.

Anoymous was also greatness, and I'm surprised how many of the jokes I got. . .Needs less cats though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

JONATHAN MORRIS
&
CHARLOTTE AULIN
"Hooolyyyyy Lightning!!"

Index - [00-INDX]
Overview - [01-OVRV]
Stats - [02-STTS]
Standard Attacks - [03-STND]
Smash Attacks - [04-SMSH]
Aerial Attacks - [05-AERL]
Special Attacks - [06-SPCL]
Grabs and Throws - [07 - THRW]
Situational Attacks - [08 - STNL]
Final Smash - [09 - FISM]
Taunts - [10-TANT]
Extras - [11-EXTS]
Stage - [12 - STGE]
Assist Trophy - [13 - ASTR]
Subspace Emissary Boss - [14 - SEBO]
Trophies - [15 - TRPH]​

[01-OVRV]​

Jonathan and Charlotte are the main protagonists in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins. They are a tag team - Jonathan being the "fighter" type, who's able to use weapons of all kinds, and Charlotte being a magician, using spells and magical books to deal with her enemies.
In the game, you can play as each of them, being able to switch in every place. Sometimes it's wiser to use Jonathan, sometimes it's wiser to use Charlotte. But, not only can you change whom you want to play as, but also you have the option of "summoning" your partner to use their equipped special weapon/spell and even call them, so they will follow you - you can use the shoulders of your partner to jump higher. Your partner will defend themselves if there are enemies near. If your partner is hurt, your magic points will suffer instead of your health. If your magic depletes, your partner will disappear.

Now, how is this system going to work in Smash? It may take a bit time to explain, but the system is at least very interesting, and unique.
Basically, you can do everything you're able to do in the games, as well - except for the "partner comes in, shoots special equipment, leaves again" bit. This means you have the possibility of playing Jonathan, Charlotte, both with Jonathan in the lead or both with Charlotte in the lead. You can always switch the leader character, or if you want to be in team or alone. This works with the help of taunts - everything else would be too space- or time-consuming.
Now, clearly, playing as one of them is easy, but how will it work when you play both? It will be like the Ice Climbers, having both attack with the same move at the same time when you put in the command, and the non-player controlled character being controlled by an AI. ... But Jonathan is mainly a hand-to-hand fighter, though has some ranged moves with his whip. Charlotte primary uses ranged attacks, but also has some with closer range. Won't one character's move outrange the other's? Yes, some will do that. However, both movesets are designed to work in both states. Some move which may look useless in the single moveset can be devastating in the team one. However, some move which is extremely good in the single moveset can be rendered useless if being in the team.

Unlike and though a bit similar to the health system in the game, Jonathan & Charlotte have two damage counters. One for Jonathan, one for Charlotte. Similar to the Ice Climbers, no? The screen shows both counters (just the digits being smaller), Jonathan's being in a red colour, Charlotte's being in a blue colour - even when only one of them is being used. So you can keep track on who might be wiser to use, or if you should stay solo.
The KO system is also different - and absolutely different to the Ice Climbers'. While it doesn't matter for the Ice Climbers if Nana dies (except that their power is lower, then), it does kinda matter for Jonathan & Charlotte.
If you have only one character out and he or she dies, you lose - of course - a stock. The character who respawns is the one who died, so if you use Jonathan, he dies, you will respawn as Jonathan, and only Jonathan's damage counter will be reset - Charlotte's won't be touched.
If you have the team out, it's similar to the Ice Climbers. If your partner is KOed, their damage counter will be reset, however, they won't be able to be called or changed to anymore until the leader dies. They won't take you a stock, however. So, if you play Charlotte as leader and Jonathan - who is AI-controlled - dies, his damage counter is reset and no stock lost, but he won't be able to be called or changed to until Charlotte is KOed, as well. Only when Charlotte is knocked out, you will lose a stock.

Oh, and, by the way... each combination (Jonathan alone, Charlotte alone, team) have their own Final Smashes and Snake Codecs. Awesome, huh?

Jonathan's moves and stats will be coloured RED, whereas Charlotte's will be coloured BLUE.

[02-STTS]​

Screen Name: Jonathan OR Charlotte (depending on whom is in the lead)
Size: 6/10 - 5/10 - Jonathan is slightly taller than Charlotte.
Weight: 5/10 - 4/10
(Running) Speed: 4/10 for both.
First Jump: 5/10 for both - Both Jonathan and Charlotte jump up very nicely
Second Jump: 5/10 - 6/10 - While Jonathan jumps further on from the place in mid-air he was on, Charlotte summons her witch broom to use it for her second jump, and goes slightly higher than Jonathan.
Hover: No. - Yes. Charlotte can go half the distance of Peach's hovering when being in her second jump (the broom).
Fall Speed: 6/10 for both
Crouch: Yes - both kneel down.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.
Tether: Yes. - No.

[03-STND]​

Jab:

Iron Knuckle
This attack is infinitely going. Jonathan uses his fist, strengthened by a knuckle weapon, to punch insanely quick into the enemy. This does light knockback and 3% each hit. Since it has low range and priority, you might want to think wisely before choosing to use this move...

Thesaurus Clap
Using her most favourite book - the Encyclopedia - Charlotte jabs forward. This has rather good range and comes out very quickly. It does only 1% damage (she's a mage, after all!), and does no knockback, but actually pulls the enemy a bit closer to her and hitstuns them quite okay. It has a bit of ending lag, however, so you might want to keep out, though. Hmm... I wonder why she would pull an enemy closer...?

Dash Attack:

Slide Kick

This is the only attack Jonathan and Charlotte both share. Even then, there are a few twists with their respective versions of it. While running, both slip onto their backs, their foot going first, and kick into any enemy near.

Jonathan's Kick does 3-4% damage and below average knockback. It comes out a bit laggy, but is a very good attack overall.

Charlotte's Kick goes wider than Jonathan's, and is a bit quicker in coming out, however, it does only 1-2% damage and launches the enemy with light knockback into the opposite direction.

Forward Tilt:

Sword Stab
Jonathan uses a Short Sword to quickly stab just in front of him. The stab comes out insanely quick, but has average ending lag. The range is pretty bad for an F Tilt, but since it's a quick attack, you can use it well. It does below average knockback and 7-9% damage. As said, the attack has its pros and cons, but it's surely useful if you want to get distance to an enemy.

Tome of Arms 2
Holding her book in one hand, Charlotte holds it forward similar to her Jab attack. However, she opens the book, which causes spiritual weaponry stab out of it. In the center there's a sword, and, diagonally pointing up and down (about 45° each), two axes. The attack comes out with a bit of lag and it takes even more lag to end, but it covers a good portion of Charlotte's front. Since it has great range and priority, it's definitely a useful move, even if it only deals 3-5% damage and low knockback.
Also, there is a 5% chance that, instead of the Tome of Arms 2, Charlotte uses the Tome of Arms 3. Instead of a sword and two axes there comes out a spear and two big maces. The attack then does 7-9% damage and deals above average knockback, making it rather strong.

Up Tilt

Bible
Jonathan throws up a Bible. It starts to circle around above him for a 2 seconds and then disappears in a little holy blast. Jonathan is immobile while using this move. Anyone who is hit with the book will recieve continous damage with a few hits, the maximum being 12%. However, it is easy to dodge the attack. When the circling is finished, the enemies will recieve low knockback upwards from the blast. It's a great move to rack damage or escape an airborne enemy, but since it's easily punished, Jonathan should beware before using it. It's a disjointed hitbox, but easily broken through.

Tristan & Isolde
Charlotte holds her book in one hand similarily to her Forward Tilt, but aiming it a bit more above her. When the book opens, the spirit of a knight comes out quickly, his horse neighing (it's only part of the horse and the knight, tho...). The whole thing has the size of Meta Knight, so it's quite big. If someone is hit, they will recieve 5-7% damage, and average knockback diagonally upwards. Like all of Charlotte's Tilts, Tristan & Isolde has great priority, eating a lot of attacks - not to mention its disjoint. However, it has quite a bit of starting and horrible ending lag.
There's a 15% chance that, instead of Tristan & Isolde, Charlotte uses Don Quixote. This will, instead of the normal knight, summon the legendary Spanish knight. The move then does above average knockback straight upwards, but doesn't change overall - except for cosmetic changes, of course.

Down Tilt:

Cream Pie
Yes, I'm not kidding. It's a Cream Pie. Jonathan throws the cake forward. It goes only a very very small distance - even less than his F tilt, and then quickly falls down. Since he's crouching, the chance you'll hit someone are pretty low, but in case you do, they'll recieve 3-4% damage and flinching knockback, and the Cream Pie disappears. Incredible, isn't it? But there's more than meets the eye to that weapon. As soon as it hits the ground and not an enemy, there's a pond of cream. Anyone who steps on the pie puddle will immediately trip. Jonathan (or Charlotte, for that matter) can be hit by this puddle, as well, so keep out. He also has an infinite storage of these pies, however, there only can be one puddle at once... because he has to bake more of them or something. The puddle stays around for 5 seconds and then will melt away into the ground (yes, even when it's cold!). If someone slips on it, it immediately disappears, though, no matter how long it would've taken until the 5 seconds finished.

Summon Crow
Charlotte needs a moment to start her Summon, but as soon as she finished, a crow comes out and circles around her. After surrounding the mage two times the crow vanishes. Charlotte can stand up and move while the crow is out, but it won't matter much, considering how quick the bird is. If someone is hit by it, they will recieve 4-5% damage with light knockback. You might want to ask how this move is considered being useful anyway... well, you see... while the crow is flying, Charlotte has super armor and, if someone hits the crow - no matter how strong it is, no matter if projectile, disjointed or hand-to-hand attack - the crow will absorb it and vanish early. This move makes an insanely good defense strategy. Just keep in mind that it will circle around its owner.
There's a 10% chance that, instead of one crow, there'll be two of them.

[04-SMSH]​

Forward Smash:

Whip Slap
Jonathan uses his whip to strike in front of him. The move does 9-12% damage and average knockback. It has nearly no starting up lag (just Jonathan gathering the momentum) and great range (think of Dedede's hammer, only the whole thing being a hitbox). After the whip is used, it falls down and Jonathan returns it to his belt - that has some bad ending lag. However, if you hold the Attack button after striking the whip (or meanwhile), Jonathan can move the whip by motioning his wrist, making it flail around similarly to the Chain of Sheik's Side Special. If you hit someone with that one, they will recieve 2% damage and nearly no knockback.

Raging Fire
Charlotte raises her hand and focusses. After a while (horrible starting up lag) she shouts out "Raging Fire!" and in front of her a blast of flames appears. It has about the same size of Charlotte and goes a little bit in front of her, meaning it doesn't have too much range. However, if you hit someone, they do recieve very great knockback and 14-18% damage.
This is a great KO move, and one of Charlotte's strongest attacks. It is disjointed and has good priority, however, bad range and awful lag on both sides.

Up Smash:

Spear Attack
Jonathan, using a spear, stabs directly upwards with it. If someone gets hit, they recieve great knockback straight upwards (Star KOing average weights at ~90% already!) and 14-19% damage. However, there are a few downsides to that great move. First of all, although having good range upwards (about as high as Mario), the enemy has to be directly above you, making the hitbox incredibly small. Also, it has quite a starting and an incredibly awkward ending lag, resulting in Jonathan being insanely punishable before he could use that move. Also, keep in mind that the enemy has to be stabbed. If they are only touching the spear while it is out, they will only recieve 2% damage and otherwise nothing. Albeit being such an incredibly strong move for KOing, this move is definitely a double edged sword, as it has so many bad attributes.

Dark Rift
Charlotte first focusses and then raises her hand, shouting "Dark Rift!". Above her a small black hole appears, sucking in nearby enemies and keeping them in the black area. They are stunned while being held by the Dark Rift, so they can't dodge anymore. They will "rotate" around the black circle, though. The further Charlotte charges, the stronger the black hole becomes, making it easier to suck in people further away or more quickly closer enemies. Otherwise, this move does no damage, and only flinches an enemy with minimal knockback upwards. It holds enemies for 5 seconds (static time, won't be changed if charged) and then simply disappears - where it gives out the knockback.
This move has some starting up lag, but otherwise is incredibly useful, especially for setting up aerial combos or distracting enemies to prepare other attacks.

Down Smash:

Holy Water
Jonathan drops down a vial onto the floor. The glass shatters and a blue flame of holy energy flares along the ground. The flames have the height of Olimar's Pikmin. They go as far as one of Battlefield's smaller platforms are wide. If someone is hit by them, they will recieve 15-20% damage but only flinching knockback.
This move is a great damage racker, and a good set up for combos, considering the speed of the move and that the enemy is shortly defenseless.

Book of Death
Once again Charlotte stabs her book in front of her while kneeling. It opens, and out of it comes the head of Anubis, alongside with some moaning dark noise. It's about as big as R.O.B.'s pedestal. Similar to her Up Tilt, the starting lag is above average, and the ending lag is horrible. However, if you manage to hit with this Smash, you will have your enemy recieve 9-13% damage and be poisoned, as well as getting average knockback.
Also, there's a 5% chance that, instead of the Book of Death, Charlotte uses the Empty Tome. This will take away the whole head of Anubis bit and only have her jabbing with her book, doing low knockback and 2-5% damage.
Like Jonathan's Down Smash, this move is great for damage racking, as well, but a double-edged sword, considering the chance to be rendered useless...

[05-AERL]​

Neutral Air:

Knife Stab
Well, it sounds simple, right? Jonathan simply stabs his knife forward while in midair. It has even less range than the Sword Stab, considering that the knife is smaller, but it comes out a tad quicker, and has not as much ending lag. It only does 4-5% damage and nearly no knockback, so you might want to arge about the use of this move...

Spirit of Light
Charlotte raises her hand and shouts out "Spirit of Light!". This will call two little balls of light with sparkling tails to circle around her for a second like a shield. Everyone who is hit by these little spirits recieves little knockback and 3-5% damage. Spirit of Light has a bit of startup and ending lag, though.
It's still a good defensive move, considering that it will stop many projectiles and approaches.

Forward Air:

Rocket Slash
When using this move, Jonathan quickly dashes forward in midair - it looks a bit similar to Fox Illusion, though with far less range. It goes as far as one smaller platform on Battlefield is wide. Anyone getting in Jonathan's way will be knocked in the opposite direction (i.e. if Jonathan goes right, they will be knocked to the left) with below average knockback and 8-10% damage.

Ice Fangs
After a little startup lag - focussing - Charlotte shouts out "Ice Fangs!", and summons an attack, which is hard to describe in one word. Two ritual circles - one at the height of Charlotte's feet, one at the height of her head and in the same distance from her (just as wide as she is), appear. From those two circles two giant icicles pop out - one going up, one going down, and each of them hitting each other in the center. Then the arrangement disappears and just next to where the first fangs were, the second one appears, doing the same. Lastly, a third one appears. So, all in all three Ice Fangs. They only appear as soon as the predecessor is finished. While this move continues on in a straight line, Charlotte can already drop down, however, there can only be this spell once at a time, disabling spamming a barrage of it. So, if someone is hit by the Ice Fangs, they recieve 5-7% damage and will be freezed. This move is great for gimping, as you can approximately predict when the enemy will be where, and then simply freeze them. It has incredibly range, but is very slow, and leaves Charlotte wide open for an attack, as she enters Free Fall until the first column is finished.

Back Air:

Kunimitsu
Jonathan summons a Japanese sword to his front, the tip of it pointing back. The sword then stabs backward quickly. This move doesn't have really much range, but it's rather quick. It does 6-8% damage but good knockback. Even tho it is really hard to hit with Kunimitsu... Small hitbox with poor range, in the height of Jonathan's hips and very quick. Now if there was some way to get your enemies behind him...

Gale Force
After a short focus, Charlotte shouts out "Gale Force!", which summons a green... well... gale. It flies in front of her but quickly changes directions and flies back, over her head. An enemy who is "hit" by Gale Force will take 3-5% damage and no knockback, but rather be taken to her back. This move seems to have no use, but since it hitstuns the enemy a little, it can be used when fighting near the ground to set up a combo, or for putting an enemy with a bad Back Aerial into a worse position and quickly escaping.

Up Air:

Nebula Strike
Jonathan whips with the Nebula slightly diagonally upwards. Now, how is this interesting, you ask? Well, I will tell you. The Nebula seeks victims which are trying to hurt you. In other words, this whip strike is homing. The Nebula whip has an odd pattern, snaking through the air. Although it generally goes into the nearest enemy's direction, it still isn't hard to hid with the Nebula. If you suceed, though, you will recieve good straight upwards knockback and 10-12% damage. The attack itself has bad start and ending lag, so if you miss - and if you're not a skilled Jonathan player, you most likely will miss - this will be highly punishable.

Lightning Bolt
Charlotte raises her hand like with her usual summons and shouts "Lightning Bolt!". This will cause a ritual circle appear above Charlotte's head (following her if she moves to a side), about one Mario in range. Then, a lightning bolt (well, duh!) will come out of the circle and shoot down to Charlotte's body, where it ends. The attack has a bit of startup and more ending lag, however, stuns the hit enemy a little in the air and does 8-10% damage. Consider this to be a very great setup for comboing or such, but it's a bit of a tricky move, as it comes from above, not below, like Up Aerials usually do.

Down Air:

Hammer Swing
Using one of his big hammer weapons, Jonathan swings from his front downwards, flipping a little, while the weight of the big tool makes him fall faster. This attack moves very slow, has huge startup and ending lag, but meteorsmashes the enemy downwards and does whopping 11-14% damage. As this move is so insanely slow, and punishable, you have to be very careful while using it!

Rock Riot
Doing her summoning stance, Charlotte shouts "Rock Riot!". She will then summon a rock at her feet which drops down and shatters after going one time Luigi's height as a distance down. If someone is hit before the "Luigi" is finished, the rock will shatter on them. This will do good sideways knockback and 8-10% damage. There can only be one rock summoned at a time. As usual, Rock Riot has a bit of a starting and ending lag, but Charlotte is able to continue moving in the air after she casted this, making it a great move to cancel enemies juggling her or following her in the air. However, the rock has very low priority, being easily destroyed by simple aerial attacks.

[06-SPCL]​

Neutral Special:

Discus
Jonathan throws a discus in front of him. It looks a bit like a buzz saw, having several sharp blades attached to it. Considering the curve it falls, the discus must be pretty heavy... God knows how Jonathan can keep so many tools in his pockets. Anyway, if it hits the ground, it quickly rolls into the opposite direction it was thrown into (so if Jonathan faced the right when throwing, the discus would go to the left). If someone is hit while the discus is thrown, they'll recieve 2-3% damage and be flinched. If they're hit by the running one, they'll get continous hits - 2% each hit. It's a maximum of 3 hits though. The discus can a total of 3 hits (no matter on whom or what except for Jonathan and Charlotte, even if the obstacles are alternating), and then disappears, otherwise it goes infinitely. Walls and objects will also block the discus' way.
Jonathan can have a maximum of 2 disci out. It makes a great projectile for controlling the ground and forcing the enemy into the air.

Chain Lightning
This move is really odd and can be charged. Now, if you simply tap the Special button, Charlotte will raise her hand, shout "Chain Lightning!" and summon a lightning bolt shooting quickly from her chest forwards. It has the range of a third of Battlefield. The bolt seeks out the closest item, hitable stage hazard (excluding walls and similar stuff!) or enemy, but always goes straight. If the lightning bolt connects with one of these, a second bolt with the same range will emit from this object, seeking out the next target! If an enemy is hit by this, the Chain Lightning deals 4-5% damage and stuns them, the second strike does 2-3% damage. If the Chain Lightning misses its first target, it simply disappears, and if no target is close enough for the further bolt(s) to shoot out, it (or they) just won't.
So, what happens if Charlotte charges the move? Chain Lightning has 3 stages. You can make the levels out with a bar above her head. If it doesn't appear, it's uncharged, if it's completely filled first it's halfly charged and if it's glowing, it's fully charged. If you release a halfly charged Chain Lightning, it will seek out 3 targets instead of 2 (and it's possible for the same target to be hit again!), and the fully charged one even 4! Although the third strike will only do 1-2% and the fourth strike 0-1% damage - making up with the stun, though. You cannot carry around the charged Lightning.
This attack it great for team battles, considering that you easily can stun two (or more) enemies at once as long as your team partner is not around too close.

Side Special:

Javelin
Jonathan throws a spear forward in a ballistic curve. The range is infinite, but it's tricky to hit with the Javelin, considering its odd flight. If it hits a wall or the ground, it just sticks there for 2 seconds, and anyone who touches it - including Jonathan himself - recieves 1% damage and flinches. If it hits an enemy while flying, though, they'll recieve whopping 12% damage and flinching knockback. The Javelin continues its way - so you're even able to hit more than one foe with this attack!
There's a 20% chance that, instead of the Javelin, Jonathan throws a Paper Airplane! Instead of flying a ballistic curve, the airplane first does a loop in front of Jonathan before then slowly flying straight forwards with a slight downward angle. If it hits an enemy on its way, it will stick on them, causing 2% damage each second (with a maximum of 7 seconds sticking on the victim) but no knockback. The Paper Airplane can be shook off similar like a thrown Pikmin, by simply attacking with moves touching the plane.
The projectile itself (even as Paper Airplane) is very good for edgeguarding, as you can rack up damage while your enemy tries to recover.

Sidenote: Also, there's a 20% chance that on the Paper Airplane there'll be riding... could it be? Yes! It's the stick figures from the Parodius series! The color of it is random (Blue, Red, Green or Yellow). It won't change anything on the Paper Airplane, it's just a little cameo of the guys.

Hex
Charlotte raises her hand and exclaims "Hex!". Then, in front of her, a demon skull appears, opening its ugly mouth and spitting out a red materialization of dark magic comes out (it looks a bit like a chain or a snake), waving through the air, but still going in a straight line. It has infinite range and goes through every obstacle - including enemies and walls. If an enemy is touched by the Hex, they will be heavily poisoned (about the same strength of a level 3 flower from Lip's Stick) for 5 seconds.
If an item is touched by it, the item will be "cursed" (which is indicated by the item glowing green). The curse will stay on the item until it disappears or someone takes it. Anyone who picks up the item will recieve a curse, which will stop them from using Special Attacks for 5 seconds. The item is freed from the curse then, though.

Up Special:

Knee Strike
Jonathan lifts one knee in front of his body - similarily to Captain Falcon's Forward Air. He then will be catapulted upwards, about the same height as Luigi's Super Jump Punch. After this, Jonathan enters Free Fall and drops down, not being able to do anything else. If someone is hit by Knee Strike, which has little lag on both sides, they will recieve 8-10% damage and average knockback, but due to it not having a good hitbox and priority, it's wiser to use this move for recovery only.

Owl Morph
Charlotte raises her hand and casts a spell, turning herself into an owl. This will allow her to fly around the stage for full 4 seconds and wherever she wants to go. Otherwise, this move does no damage or knockback at all. If the 4 seconds are over, Charlotte turns back into human form and enters Free Fall. The move can be cancelled by pressing the Special button again. When Jonathan is out - no matter if he or Charlotte is the AI partner - she will turn both of them into owls.

Down Special:

Aura Blast
Jonathan does a "Super Saiyajin" stance and does some kind of battlecry. He even glows golden! But only shortly. After a little bit, Jonathan emits two shockwaves of golden energy along the ground, knocking enemies away with average knockback and 7-10% damage. The shockwaves travel rather quickly and have the range of a third of Battlefield - when they reach a wall or the edge of a platform, where they simply disappear. If the move is used in the air, Jonathan "explodes" in an energy blast which has the size of Bowser. It does the same damage and knockback, though. Jonathan is immobile until the waves/blast disappeared.
This move is very quick, and great for creating distance between you and your enemy. Since it's slightly punishable, you should keep out, though - and yes, the aerial version is far better than the ground one.

Clear Skies
Charlotte raises her hand and shouts "Clear Skies!". This results in 4 small blue crystals coming out and shaping a square. This shaped square will be filled with a transparent wall of magic - it looks like light blue glass. Each side of the square is as long as one of Battlefield's smaller platforms. This square negates every projectile - including Charlotte's. Waddle Dees, items and their bullets will be immediately destroyed when thrown/shot at the field. There can only be one Clear Skies spell on the field.
So... Having problems with spammers? Clear Skies is your move. Easily one of the best defensive moves in the game.

[07 - THRW]​

Jonathan strikes forward with his whip - it has the range of Link's clawshot. If he misses, he simply will pull the whip back with some ending lag. If he hits an enemy, they will be pulled closer. Jonathan can use his whip in the air, creating a tether recovery for him (Z Air).

Charlotte doesn't grab her enemy by herself. She quickly raises her hand, summoning an Une monster coming out of the ground right in front of her, grabbing ahold of the enemy's legs and holding the victim in front of her.
Here a picture of the Une:

Pummel

Jonathan rams a Cream Pie into the enemies face for this attack, dealing 3% damage with each hit. This Pummeling attack is rather slow, though.

Charlotte slams her book into the face of the enemy, dealing 1% damage with each hit. It's not quick, but not as slow as Jonathan's Pummel.

Forward Throw

Jonathan throws the enemy onto the ground - who then will be launched diagonally upwards - and quickly throws a dart into the direction. The throw does 6-8% damage with good range, the dart adds just 1-2% damage to the actual throw without any knockback.

Charlotte raises her hand, exclaiming "Piercing Beam!" and shooting a big beam of light in front of her. The enemy will be knocked away with nice range and 8-10% damage.

Back Throw

Jonathan gathers momentum with his free hand and... launches a boomerang at the enemy! It will continously hit the enemies and carry it in a curving pattern to the back of Jonathan, launching them with a final hit. Average knockback, and damage of 2% per hit, with a total of 6 hits.

Charlotte raises her hand, exclaiming "Stone Circle!". This will cause 4 rocks to appear, rotating around her. The Une shoves the throwee into the stones, which then will take the enemy with them, and do about 7-9% damage. After the throwee is pushed into Charlotte's back, they will be launched with good range. Charlotte turns around, then.

Up Throw

Jonathan throws in the same moment the throwee and an axe upwards, causing them to clash against each other just a bit above his head. The axe will knock the enemy diagonally upwards with okay range and 7-9% damage.

The Une throws the enemy upwards while Charlotte raises her hand and yells "Ice Needle!", which causes 4 floating icicles to appear, pointing diagonally upwards. As soon as the enemy is above her, Charlotte releases the needles, which jet into the throwee, doing 2-3% damage each. The enemy then is launched straight upwards with average range, albeit frozen, which makes comboing out of this throw impossible.

Down Throw

Jonathan simply drops the enemy onto the floor and - however he keeps that in his pockets - onto said victim a big cannon ball made of steel (Yes, Balls of Steel!). This will cause whopping 13-15% damage, and launch them into the opposite direction, diagonally, with okay knockback but insane speed so chaingrabbing is disabled.

Charlotte raises her hand, shouting "Summon Medusa!". This causes a gorgon head to appear to the side of Charlotte. It faces the enemy, and slowly opens its eyes. The victim will then be petrified and released from the grab, being helpless like being in an egg. The petrifying spell lasts 3 seconds, though the statued victim can shorten this by a second when tilting the control stick in left and right alternating.

[08 - STNL]​

Ledge Sweep (under 100%)

Jonathan throws an axe similarily to his Up Throw. It flies up while Jonathan comes back to the platform, and when it reached the height of Jonathan falls down a small distance further. If it hits the ground it disappears. The axe does 4-6% damage and average knockback, but is slow in its arc.

Charlotte summons - without words - a skeleton, which stands at the end of the platform and uses one of its bones as a club to knock enemies away with 3-4% damage and low knockback while the mage crawls slowly up.

Ledge Sweep (over 100%)

Jonathan slowly crawls up and uses his whip to strike enemies away. They will recieve 5-7% damage and below average knockback.

Similarily to the attack below 100%, Charlotte summons mutely a creature, this time a ghost. It flies around wildly, tackling enemies and knocking them away with 2-3% damage and a bit higher knockback than the skeleton, but not by much.

Get Up Attack (Belly)

Using the King Sword, a big sword (the size and weight of Ike's), Jonathan slashes overhead while rolling onto his knees. He then stands up. If someone is hit by that attack, they'll recieve low knockback and 6-8% damage.

Charlotte yells "Tempest!". This causes a small tornado to emit from the ground, surrounding Charlotte as she raises and ends when she's back on her feet. Whomever touches the Tempest spell will recieve 4-6% damage and low knockback.

Get Up Attack (Back)

Engulfing himself in holy blue flames by shattering a vial of Holy Water. Jonathan will stand up while the blue flames last, and as soon as he has raised, the flames distinguish. Everyone touching the fire will recieve below average knockback and 5-6% damage.

Charlotte holds her hand in front of her chest, exclaiming "Explosion!". This then causes an explosion (well, duh) to occur just above Charlotte, doing below average knockback and 5-6% damage while Charlotte gets up.

[09 - FISM]​

NOTE: For each possible combination of Jonathan & Charlotte, there's a different Final Smash. But all Final Smashes have one thing in common:
How they start. If Jonathan or Charlotte grab the Smashball and use it, their partner will appear next to them - no matter if the partner isn't out or dead - and both raise their hands, touching the respective hand of each other, shouting the name of the attack. Like shown in this picture, which is a screenshot of the Holy Lightning - one of them
Then the Final Smash does whatever it does, and the shortly summoned partner will disappear - if they weren't out or dead. Only 1000 Blades uses Jonathan during the Final Smash, but to that in its section!

Final Smash for Jonathan alone: 1000 Blades
After the startup of this move, Jonathan will start to throw a barrage of knives flying straight forwards - insanely quick due to the magical aid of Charlotte. There'll be around 30 knives flying, each doing flinching knockback and 3% damage. If someone get's caught in that line of knives, they will stay in there and take each knife which is coming, caught by the barrage. The knives will be absorbed into the hit person or - if there's a wall, then from that - otherwise they fly infinitely.

Final Smash for Team with Jonathan in the lead: Holy Lightning
After the startup of this Final Smash, four giant bolts of lightning emit from Jonathan & Charlottes hand in cross form, slowly rotating clockwise through the screen. When standing in the center of Battlefield, both horizontal bolts will reach from one end of the main platform to the other one. After a rotation of 90° (which takes about 10 seconds), the bolts disappear. When someone touches one of the bolts, they will be continously hit with 5% each second they are in, stunned so they can't escape. When the Final Smash ends, the victims recieve a final hit, blowing them sidewards with strong knockback.

Final Smash for Team with Charlotte in the lead: Volcano
When using this Final Smash, a volcano appears - covering both Jonathan & Charlotte. The Volcano then spits out 7 glowing rocks, which will fly towards nearby enemies, and, if they or the floor are hit, shatter there. Someone who is hit by one of these rocks will recieve 20% damage and insanely strong knockback straight upwards. If someone touches the volcano, they'll recieve the same knockback, but whopping 40%. But noone would be stupid enough to jump into that huge volcano, right?

Final Smash for Charlotte alone: Dark Gate
When the startup summon finishes, in the center of the screen a dark and bloody cleft is opened by the claws of a demon, showing blackness and a pair of huge demon eyes. The demon inside sweeps his claw at nearby enemies. They will be sent with only 10% damage, but incredible knockback (can kill Mario with around 20% damage). After his claw attack, the demon closes the gate again, and the rift disappears.

[10-TANT]​

Up

Jonathan plays on an air guitar. He plays as long as you hold the button.

Charlotte strikes a sexy pose, asking "Well, not bad, huh?"

Side
Using this taunt, the partner character will teleport into the field. The teleport is rather unspectacular, just a stream of colors coming down and the respective character popping up.

Down
Using this taunt, you will change from one character to another respectively the leader if both are out. Jonathan will yell "Charlotte!", and Charlotte shout "Jonathan!" when they change. Then, a white little flash appears, coating around them, and revealing the other character. It has no lag, making it easy to change - but you can only change when on the ground!

[11-EXTS]​

Entrance
An angel statue appears, to its feet a blue shine. From it ascends whomever you have chosen to be the character you start out with.

Alternative costumes

Jonathan:
Blonde hair, red coat, marine shirt and pants, black boots; Default Costume
Darker skin, black hair, blood red coat, brown shirt and pants, black boots; Red Team
Brown hair, blue coat, white shirt, blue pants, red boots; Blue Team, Resembling Charlotte's Default palette
Copper hair, lime coat, white shirt, green pants and boots, Green Team; "Irish Jonathan"
White skin, grey hair, black coat, red shirt, pants and boots, additionally a high collar; Resembling Dracula
White skin, black hair, purple coat, deep blue shirt, purple pants, black boots, additionally a high collar; Resembling Brauner

Charlotte:
Brown hair, white uniform, blue cape, socks and highlights, red shoes, brown book; Default Costume
Blonde hair, marine uniform, red cape and highlights, black shoes, dark grey socks, red book; Red Team, Resembling Jonathan's Default palette
Black hair, sky blue uniform, ocean blue cape, socks and highlights, cyan shoes, blue book; Blue Team
White skin, redbrown hair, white uniform, green cape and highlights, white socks, brown shoes, green book, additionally a Victorian cap ; Green Team - Resembling Loretta
White skin, skyblue hair, red uniform, black cape, socks and highlights, red shoes, black book, additionally a typical black witch hat; Resembling Actrise from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
White skin, redbrown hair, pink uniform, marine cape and highlights, no socks, red shoes, pink book; Resembling Stella

Japanese Voices
In Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, one could have the Japanese voices instead of the English ones by pressing L in the title screen. Jonathan would shout "Shotaim!" (Showtime in horrible Engrish) as sign that you now play with Japanese voices.

The same is with Jonathan & Charlotte, just instead of pressing L, you have to press R - similar to how you start out as Zero Suit Samus in Smash Bros. Brawl. Now you will play with the pair with Japanese voices. All of their announcings come out in Engrish instead of English. However, note that some of the Japanese names for Charlotte's spells and the team attacks are different!

Dark Rift > Darkness Hole
Ice Fang > White Fang
Rock Riot > Rock Strike
Hex > Evil Word
Clear Skies > Clear Field
Gale Storm > Emerald Storm
Spirit of Light > Light Spirit
Holy Lightning > Thunder Clash
Piercing Beam > Light Beam

Victory Poses

Up
Jonathan and Charlotte are on the screen, Charlotte raising her hand to cast a spell, but it ends up turning Jonathan into a frog (coloured in whatever palette you might have chosen). Charlotte eeps and runs off the screen, while Jonathan stays, ribbiting.

Side
Jonathan and Charlotte go into the stance of their Final Smashes.

Down
Two zombies are shown slowly walking along the screen, Jonathan and Charlotte coming from the other side. First Jonathan takes out the front one with his whip, Charlotte then casting Chain Lightning on the second one, thus killing it. They then continue and run off screen.

Loss
Jonathan simply claps, while Charlotte is sitting on the ground, boredly reading her book. Behind her, a skeleton is standing, clapping instead of her.

Codec Converation

Jonathan alone:
Colonel: Ah, I see you're fighting Jonathan Morris, the son of John Morris, Snake. He's a fighter wielding the Vampire Killer.
Snake: The Vampire Killer? Isn't that usually in the hands of the Belmont clan?
Colonel: I'm surprised you know this, but yes, it normally is.
Snake: Of course I know about it. Castlevania is from the same company as Metal Gear.
Colonel: What are you talking about, Snake?
Snake: Oh, come on, Colonel. I've figured it out long time ago. I mean, I die, and a couple seconds later I start out at the same place?
Colonel: Well, it's not our fault the players suck... Oh wait...
Snake: Hah, got you there!

Chalotte alone:
Snake: Mei-Ling, why is this girl fighting with a pop up-book?
Mei-Ling: Ohh, Snake. That's no children's book, that's a magical spirit coming out of it. Its wielder is Charlotte Aulin, a magician. She's the childhood friend of Jonathan, and travels alongside him on his adventures.
Snake: So, she uses magic? Is this common with the girls around here?
Mei-Ling: It seems so, Snake. But be careful, Charlotte is not your usual magic user... Well... Actually she is a typical magic user, but still. She can summon creatures out of your worst nightmares to aid her in battle, and use powerful spells which will blow you away. But her physical strengths are lacking, so if you are able to get close to her, you might be able to hurt her better.
Snake: Close range combat, huh? Not the thing I'm best known for...
Mei-Ling: Good luck, Snake.

Team:
Snake: What? Are those two fighting as a team now?
Otacon: Yes! Watch yourself, Snake. Together, Jonathan and Charlotte are more powerful!
Snake: So? But don't they get in each other's way?
Otacon: In some cases, yes, but both have learned some attacks together, so they can work as a team.
Snake: Ohh... so you mean they trained with their respective skills to aid each other perfectly in a fight?
Otacon: You name it.
Snake: Huh... I've gotta watch out, then.

Kirby Hat
When copying Jonathan, Kirby recieves a blonde strand of hair hanging in front of his face and a little red coat, and as a Neutral Special the Discus attack.

When copying Charlotte, Kirby recieves a blue little cape, a red tie and as a Neutral Special the Chain Lightning attack.

Unlock Message
The Vampire Hunter team Jonathan & Charlotte now bring their weaponry and magic into play!

Credits Song for Single Player
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Victorian Fear

Role in Subspace Emissary
Will follow in my Mini-SSE

Logo

The reverse-crucifix and devil wings; a Castlevania standard.

Item

Bible
This bible works similar to Jonathan's Up Tilt, though a bit different... After a player picks up the item, it flies around them in a circle for a limited time, spewing papers as it travels. If it contacts an enemy, it will deal 8-10% damage and good knockback. It also reflects energy-based projectiles, though due to its small size and constant rotation, this rarely happens.

Victory Theme
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Awaken from the Nightmare

[12 - STGE]​

DRACULA'S CASTLE

A moonlit stage atop Dracula's famed castle. There is the main platform on top of the tower, followed by two smaller ones on either side (think Pokémon Stadium). There are another two directly above those, and a final platform in the middle of the stage, above all the others. Skyward KOs are difficult to accomplish on this stage. There are also two platforms that jut out on either side of the tower, and whenever clouds cover the moon, the stage darkens and torches set all around the stage light themselves.

Hazards include the ever-present Medusa Heads, simple Bats, and bone-tossing skeletons. The former two make their ways across the stage every now and then, dealing a few points of damage and small knockback to whatever they come in contact with, though any attack will destroy them. The Skeletons climb up the castle walls and position themselves on the platforms that stick out from the sides of the tower, and proceed to hurl bones at players on the main level. These bones damage similar to Bats and Medusa Heads, and travel in an upward arc before falling to the ground, where they can be picked up and thrown by players in the same upward arc at other players. The Skeletons can also be destroyed, though they take more damage to slay (around 20% damage), and fighting them in close-combat can result in the player being knocked off the edge of the stage, as contact with the Skeletons deals damage as well.

NIGHTMARE PORTRAITS

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins resolved around Jonathan & Charlotte exploring Dracula's Castle, while entering some of Brauner's paintings, which actually are portals to other dimensions. As a stage in Smash, the concept is the same - you start out in Dracula's Castle as a main stage, and randomly a painting will appear, taking you to another place. There are, including Dracula's Castle, 6 areas. You'll fight in each area for 30 seconds, then it will change again. During the portal is running, there will be one big platform in the center - similar to Final Destination, though a little smaller. The changing takes 3 seconds - first the colors of the current room will start to spin and blur, then there's a vortex of colors, a flash, and suddenly you'll be in the new area. Along with the area, the music changes, as well!
As said, the only static factor is starting out in Dracula's Castle, the rest of the porting will occur randomly. However, you can turn off the random changes in the settings and select each area on its own.

Behold my crappy Paint Skills!

Subarea 1: Dracula's Castle / Great Stairway

Picture

Dracula's Castle, as we know and love it from the decades of playing through it! You will be in the interior of it, though, fighting at the Great Stairway. Adapted for Smash, this place is a huge stairway floating in the insanely high halls of Dracula's Castle. There's a big platform with the main stairway (blue). Smaller platforms which are able to be dropped through are connected by smaller stairs (cyan). In the center of all of it is a chandelier, which is hanging down from the platform on the top (yellow). If the chain it's hanging on (pink) is destroyed, the chandelier will fall down and crash onto the floor. If someone unfortunate happens to be below it, they'll be crushed with 10% damage and be stunned for a second or two. The chandelier regenerates after 15 seconds after dropping. The red box is of the size of Mario.

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Invitation of a Crazed Moon
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Jail of Jewels
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Silent Prison
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Gaze Up At the Darkness
Castlevania - Vampire Killer (Castlevania Judgment Remix)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Dracula's Castle (Castlevania Judgment Remix)

Subarea 2: Brauner's Atelier

Picture

This is where the boss fight with Brauner takes place - which makes it the first boss room to be transferred into the normal game! As you can see, the stage has only one way to kill an enemy: Star KOing, since the walls are solid as is the floor (blue). In the background, there is a big mirror (green) and an obscure and disturbing painting (yellow). Sometimes, some demon claw jets out of the painting, trying to slap nearby enemies. If someone is in its range, they will take 10% damage and be knocked against the wall on the other side of the room. The red box again is of the size of Mario.

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Great Gate of Darkness
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Esquisse of Violence
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Bloodlines Bequethed
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - The Gears Go Awry
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Bloody Tears (Castlevania Judgment Remix)

Subarea 3: City of Haze

Picture

City of Haze looks like your typical 19th Century English (Victorian) city. Even then it has some creepy aura around it. The town is, as the name suggests, a bit foggy. You will fight in front of the local church, which is solid wall (blue). In front of it, you have two houses, which have roofs you can stand on, but drop through (cyan). A pretty static stage, isn't it? You can die by walking offstage, so keep out. The red box, as usual, is Mario's size.

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Victorian Fear
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Iron Blue Intentions
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Picture of a Ghost Ship
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Pitch Black Invasion
Castlevania 3 - Beginning (Castlevania Judgment Remix)

Subarea 4: Sandy Grave

Picture

This is a very interesting stage! You fight on a floating platform (blue), from which sand continously descends into nothingness (yellow), right in front of a pyramid (pink). Both sand and pyramid are only kinda cosmetic, though. You have three platforms on the pyramid which can be used to jump and fight on, but you can drop through 'em (cyan). The walls of the pyramid have no other effect except marking the end of these platforms. And in the background you can see a desert at night, a full moon eclipse... spooky and breathtaking at once. Again, Mario is indicated by the red box. Kinda big pyramid, eh?

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Hail From the Past
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - In Search of the Secret Spell
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Sandfall
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Malak's Labyrinth
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Crystal Teardrops

Subarea 5: Nation of Fools

Picture

This stage is incredibly weird! Right in front of a huge black ball of gravity enshrouded in dust, you will fight in the Nation of Fools, which is... hard to describe.
For a better understanding how the stage looks like in the game, I recommend you watching these two videos:
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=KAH37n9qPl8
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8zRHSk_JU

The stage takes place in a similar area the boss is in (second video).

There are brick platforms in a cross form, which are actually solid (blue) and the main part of the stage. All over the stage are wooden platforms, through which you can drop (cyan). At the borders of the stage, floating obviously freely, are some ruins of buildings hanging around, on which you can jump. However, after 7 seconds of being stood (or fought) on, the buildings start to crumble and fall apart. After another 10 seconds, they reappear. Once again, red box indicates Mario.

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Chaotic Playground
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Behind the Gaze
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Tower of Dolls (Castlevania Judgment Remix)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Ghostly Theatre
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Anti-Soul Mysteries Lab

Subarea 6: Forest of Doom

Picture

This is the last area of this stage. You fight on a floating platform (blue) right in front of a dark and deep forest. There's a big tree and a small mansion (outlined pink) which provide several drop-through platforms (cyan). The main hazard on this stage is a swamp (dark green). If someone steps onto that swamp, they will be sucked into it. Every character - no matter which size - will be sucked in with the same speed. Of course this could be interpreted differently, so here an example: When Bowser and Olimar both step onto that swamp in the same time, they will be sucked in that speed so that if Olimar is stuck in the swamp to his hips, so will be Bowser. The swamp pulls really quick, so don't be too long on it - it won't eat hitstunned or stunned victims, though. If a character is halfly pulled into the swamp, they won't be able to escape anymore and be KOed. But don't worry, it'll take 5 seconds without action to be so far, and you will try to get out, as well - even though the maelstrom is strong. Last but not least, Mario again the red box.

Music:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - The Hidden Curse
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - Crucifix Held Close
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - An Empty Tome (Castlevania Judgment Remix)
Castlevania 3 - Mad Forest
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - The Forest of Jigramunt

[13 - ASTR]​

WEREWOLF

After breaking the Assist Trophy, a Werewolf appears on the field. It howls at the sky, and suddenly randomly wolves pop out on the stage, trying to run and jump into enemies, biting them. There are around 5 wolves around at a time, and they do 6% damage and average knockback with each bite. After 10 seconds, the pack disappears, and the werewolf slashes around himself, dealing 9% and good knockback to anyone in his range (except the summoner, of course), then vanishing as well.

DEATH

Dracula's faithful servant emerges from the capsule, and slowly levitates towards the center of the stage. Once properly positioned, he lifts his arms into the air, holding his scythe aloft. The scythe dematerializes, and calls forth a barrage of Deathsickles--tiny scythes that materialize randomly all over the stage, and whirl in slightly-homing lines toward the nearest fighter.

Each Deathsickle deals anywhere from 3-5% damage, with slight knockback. After fifty Deathsickles have been summoned, Death lowers his hands and grips his returned scythe, before disappearing in a cloud of swirling blackness.

STELLA AND LORETTA

The two vampire sisters from Portrait of Ruin appear from the capsule and float around the stage, unable to be attacked. They each select random opponents and begin attacking in separate ways: Stella performs a quick slash attack, while Loretta shoots ice crystals at her foes. The slash attacks have good knockback and do about 4% while the ice crystals have no knockback and do about 2%, though there are far more ice crystals than sword slashes.

Afterwards, the two pick one last target and Loretta says, "Ready, Sister!" as she charges a magical spell, spinning ice crystals around Stella's body. Stella holds her sword aloft as it is coated in ice and grows to three times its usual size. "I shall kill you!" she screams, and she flies towards her target, slamming the blade down and dealing 20% damage and lots of knockback. However, this attack can be easily dodged. Afterwards, the two sisters disappear.

[14 - SEBO]​

BRAUNER

Video: http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=SL6LbnxhxPQ

Brauner is the main antagonist of Castlevania: Portrait or Ruin, an artistic vampire who recreated Dracula's Castle using the souls of the dead from World War II in order to destroy humanity. Brauner disdains humanity because his two real daughters were killed 30 years ago, during World War I, and he has deluded the vampiric Stella and Loretta (and possibly himself as well) into believing that they are his daughters. After he is defeated, Death finishes him off, stating that Brauner was the reason for Dracula to be kept imprisoned. When Brauner is finally dead, the final battle against Dracula starts.

Brauner is the size of Snake, and therefore among the smallest bosses. His stage is his atelier, it's a even platform in the size of 1/2 of Final Destination, and surrounded by walls. The wall shows several disturbing paintings, one painting of Dracula's Castle, and a big mirror. When you pass by, your mirror image is shown, but if Brauner does, he won't be shown in the mirror (cause he's a vampire!). You can only die by being Star KOed. Brauner is static in most of his attacks and doesn't move around a lot, overall.

* Attack is taken directly from the game

ATTACKS

Blood Art Technique*
Brauner says the name of this attack and gets out a brush, painting two lines of red tint (or blood, whatever you'd prefer) onto the wall, showing his back to the screen. These lines can have 4 shapes: =, X, > or <.
Depending on how the vampire painted onto the canvas, they will be transformed into real big lines (as thick as Jigglypuff) running over the stage in the shape he painted them.
If you touch one of these lines, you will recieve light knockback and 15% damage. You can destroy them by simply hitting them - though it has to be at least a Tilt, a Smash, an Aerial or a similar Special attack. Projectiles and most Jabs will simply be absorbed into the blo... paint.

Red Rain*
Brauner shouts "A painting of the soul!", raises his hand and from it a myriad of red liquid drops rain - Blood? Paint? Who knows! - down onto the ground. Every of these drops do flinching knockback and 7% damage, but the range is not very wide, the furthest only going as far as Wolf’s blaster. He only does this attack in one direction, so you can jump over him and attack his back. The flight of these drops will be utterly random, though, and so is the amount of drops. It's at least 20 driplets, though. He only uses Red Rain after the Blood Art Technique.

Artistic Summon*
Brauner raises his arms, saying "I will make you my masterpiece!". In front of him, there appears a painting. It's completely black with a silver frame, only a pair of yellow evil eyes are on it. The painting starts to rotate and hover around a little, as well as changing its colour. Depending on how the colour and pattern are, you can determine early what the summon will be. There are three creatures Brauner can summon out of his paintings. Cyclops Heads, Poison Claw or Cursed Demon (except for the first the names are made up!). Brauner is vulnerable during the summons, because he will laugh to himself looking at your pathetic attempts to dodge these summoned nightmares.

Cyclops Heads*
The frame will turn into a deep blue and rotate in a horizontal 8-figure. After the summoning is finished (takes 3 seconds), the painting disappears, and a swarm of Cyclops Heads are summoned to fly across the little stage. They come out of a wall and can go in either direction, so be prepared. You can easily take out these little heads (which roughly have the size of Mario's head) by hitting them. However, if you're touched while not attacking them, you will recieve 5% damage and turned into stone. If another Cyclops Head hits you while being petrified, you recieve 2% damage from each. Petrifiying has pretty much the same effect as freezing, just that you plainly fall down. You can press directions to get out more quickly of the stone, but the standard time is 10 seconds.

Poison Claw*
The frame will turn into a pale green and bounce up and down. After the summoning is finished, the painting disappears, and on each side of Brauner green wheel-like demons appear. They have 5 "legs", and start rotating them, one going left, one right. If you're hit by one of their legs, you will be heavily poisoned for 5 seconds and recieve added to that 15% damage with low knockback. To escape them, you can try to go into the space of each leg, not getting harmed by it. The Poison Claw is indestructable. Once it reached the wall, and went through it, it disappears.

Cursed Demon*
The frame will turn into a dark purple and swing left and right. After teh summoning is finished, two odd grey creatures will appear, one normal, one upside down coming from the ceiling. They move towards you, moving in a wave pattern (while going forward "bouncing" up and down and up...). You can try to escape through the opening in between both of their heads. The demons do 10% damage and above average knockback if you touch them. Also, you will be put into a Cursed status. This will make your character glow green (actually it would be purple, but purple is Poison in Smash, so both colours swap places). Curse will disable you to use any B-based attacks. The curse will linger for 10 seconds, so beware of this attack!

Painted Metamorphosis*
Brauner exclaims "This is art!" and reaches out to above, where a painting comes down, rotating. It will land before him, and then stop rotating, showing the player what's on it... It's Brauner, grinning evilly! And the real one has disappeared. So... That means he's in the picture, which starts to fly around in the room, trying to tackle you. You can hit and hurt him in this phase like usually, however, not with Melee attacks. Characters wielding weapons or projectiles have a high merit in this part of the fight. When someone touches Brauner's painting - which has infinite priority over hand to hand based attacks - it does high knockback and 15% damage. You can do several things to dodge Brauner in this state, however, he has become as big as King Dedede, since the painting is wider than Brauner, who only is a stick insect on his own.

Mirror World
Brauner teleports away and in front of the mirror, which then glows in a red light. A red flash, and Brauner is gone... No, wait. He's on the other side of the mirror! Laughing at himself at your foolish attempt to damage him, the mirror shatters, with 8 pieces of glass going out of its center in a spiral shaped pattern. Once all of them left the screen, the mirror restores itself. Albeit these shards - symbolized as white little lights - do no knockback, they damage with 3% each hit. Brauner is invulnerable while being hin the mirror. He sends out 3 waves of shards before the flash happens again and Brauner stands in front of the mirror, again.

Doppelgänger
Brauner spreads up his arms, laughing. He then yells "This will portrait your foolishness!", pointing his brush at the player. This attack will cause a dark version of their character (you know, those purple-black ones you fight in the Great Maze) in front of them, charging an Forward Smash and releasing it. Keep in mind that those Forward Smashes are not only twice as quick charged, but also deal 50% more damage! After doing its attack, the doppelgänger disappears. Brauner will do that attack only when his HP have dropped below 50%.

Nightmare Canvas
Brauner summons an empty canvas in front of him, exclaiming "Join the paintings in this castle!". He then throws the canvas, which will bounce around wildly, trying to tackle you. If you are touched by it, you will be trapped in the picture for a 5 seconds, recieving 5% damage each. You can escape the painting earlier by pressing the control stick and attack buttons. If it doesn't hit anything, though, it simply will disappear. Brauner will do this attack only when his HP have dropped below 50%.

Gate to Another Dimension
Okay, so this attack is pretty odd and could easily come out of one of those oldschool cartoons. Brauner chuckles and gets out his brush. Using his it, he paints a rectangular shape right where he stands. It flashes and turns into a door, which Brauner opens and enters. No, you can't enter it, as well. As soon as he has closed it, the door multiplies into 3 doors. The doors arrange - each third of the room has one door. Now, you can't hurt Brauner when being in his doors... In fact, you have to watch out. After 5 seconds, two of the doors will explode, and out of the third one, Brauner will come, the door disappearing. Now, it's random which door will be the safe one. This is a pretty evil attack, since the explosions cover their area nearly completely, but they don't last long. The explosions basically work like the Powerbombs (you know with that spherical growing explosion) and do the same damage. After the explosion is finished, you will recieve insanely high knockback. Brauner won't use this attack until his HP has dropped below 25%.

Trapped Demon
This is more a stage hazard than an attack - it's in the substage "Brauner's Atelier" in the Nightmare Portraits stage, too! Sometimes, some demon claw jets out of the painting in the background, trying to slap nearby enemies. If someone is in its range, they will take 17% damage and be knocked against the wall on the other side of the room.

[15 - TRPH]​

Jonathan
+ Jonathan Morris, son of John Morris. He sets out to Dracula's Castle to defeat Brauner
Charlotte
+ Charlotte Aulin, a mage in training. She is Jonathan's childhood friend and helps him on his adventure in Dracula's Castle.
Holy Lightning
+ One of Jonathan & Charlotte's Final Smashes. It unleashes a cross-shaped lightning bolt of holy energy.
1000 Blades
+ With this technique Jonathan throws a barrage of knives onto the their foes, being made faster by Charlotte's magic.
Volcano
+ This attack summons a small volcano spitting balls of magma into the arena.
Dark Gate
+ This spell causes a gate to hell to open. A demon waiting inside, will try to crush mortals with its huge claws.
Alucard
+ Adrian Farenheights Tepes, the son of Dracula, sworn to destroy his evil origins.
Soul Steal
+ Alucard’s Final Smash, which restores his life energy.
Simon Belmont
+ The legendary Vampire Killer of the cursed Belmont clan.
Grand Cross
+ Simon's Final Smash, shown destroying Lord Dracula.
Lord Dracula
+ The Lord of Evil, eternally reborn to bathe the world in darkness.
True Dracula
+ Lord Dracula's Final Smash, and the ultimate form of his black heart.
Maria Renard
+ A young woman who wields magical power rivaling that of the Belmont Clan.
Seiryu's Wrath
+ Maria summons her animal companion: Seiryu, the Azure Dragon.
Stella & Loretta
+ A pair of vampire sisters, Stella is a master in swordsmanship, while Loretta is a great magician.
Death
+ Lord Dracula's ever-faithful servant, and master of the Underworld.
Werewolf
+ A man cursed to turn into a beast when the moon reaches its full state.
Bible
+ The main scriptures for Christianity, the Bible has holy powers so strong that this mere book is even able to deflect projectiles.
Dracula's Castle
+ The setting for most Castlevania games, and the stage in Super Smash Bros.
Nightmare Portraits
+ This is where Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin takes place. Every picture is a gate to another dimension.
Brauner
+ A vampire and main villain of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. He wants to destroy humanity and hypnotized the vampire sisters Stella and Loretta to think they are his dead daughters.
Medusa and Medusa Heads
+ The mythological beast and her innumerable servants.
Young Maria Renard
+ A village girl who rises to her fate, and defeats Count Dracula in Rondo of Blood.
Richter Belmont
+ While Simon may be the most well-known Belmont, Richter is the more powerful of the two.
Soma Cruz and Mina Hakuba
+ Two teenagers from the year 2035. Due to Soma's mysterious "Power of Dominance" ability, dark forces attempt to turn him into Dracula's successor...
Vampire Killer
+ The legendary whip of the Belmont clan.
Hearts
+ The source of Simon's special abilities.
Order of Ecclesia
+ The only organization that is capable of standing up to Dracula in a time without a Belmont or the Vampire Killer.

And once again, Dracula was defeated and his castle crumbled...
But was he really dead yet?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think I need a new page... :bee:

A-already!?

And here I was expecting a serious entry from you, Mendez. I am throughly dissapointed. Your pathetic attempts at humor fall flat on their face. Stick to making serious movesets. And we KNOW that Clarence isn't your real idendity. Stop trying to be funny, loser.

I'm...I'm sorry...(I am pretty weak, but at least I try, y'know?)

...Wait, wha--

AAUGH!!

Gameset thing...crushing...me...(Ouch...)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I really want to try CV now.

Man you totally should. I'm a big-time videogame fan, y'know, and Castlevania is one of my favorite franchises. Whenever a new game comes out I've just gotta' get it and play through it--just to see what all the extra modes are! (I think PoR's extras were the best though.)

Looks pretty fun, if you ask me. (Did you ask me?)

Except I think that you don't really know how WIDE Bowser is. Seriously, that guy is HUGE. If Hades is just a little taller than Ganny, and as fat as Bowser...then I think he'd look really, really silly.

...And actually, speaking of Castlevania, he really reminds me a lot of how Count Dracula would play, y'know? (Maybe that's just me though...)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Really awesome JONATHAN MORRIS & CHARLOTTE AULIN moveset Spadefox :bee: Really wants to make be play CV.

Anyway, Gaara is done with all of his specials. I think he's going to be my best moveset yet :bee:.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
My god... that was amazing! I could think up a few "team combos" just by reading the set. I love how the characters have their own damage counters, makes them a very unique duo character. The only complaint I have is that now I can't decide between this or Guntz on who to vote for from your move sets. :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nah, I'll wait till I get some more responses before I reveal the joke...but seriously, you get a lot more responses from Gamefaqs.

And your observations are noted, Mendez.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've added a little index to the moveset so you guys don't have to scroll insanely wide through to get to a special area just to miss it because the 'set's so huge. :D

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Spadefox:

If those vampire hunters are anywhere near as awesome in the actual game as you've made them in the moveset, I know what game I'm getting first for my DS......

I'm both happy and sad that you posted this moveset before I posted up Haruhi's. Happy because I now have a perfectly good example of how to make a team-as-one-character work not only efficiently with both drawbacks and strengths, but make it so that they are more than simply two movesets in one.

I'm sad because mine and any other "team"-type moveset is going to be judged to this standard. More importantly, I'll have to resist the urge to blatantly copy a lot of your style (in fact I already had a tilt creating a puddle that caused tripping even before reading this, but those things are inevitable).

Any general tips as to how you can make a 3-character team in one moveset without being able to easily take it apart to make 2 movesets, 2 assist trophies, and a completely separate Final Smash? Because that's what the SOS Brigade girls are starting to look like.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
This is something that Dr.Eggman and Cortex&Tiny could stand to have. :laugh:
HEY, I'M NOT INVISIBLE YOU KNOW :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ummmm, not a bad idea actually, I'll add one later today or tommorow, as i'm starting doing E-123s BBCode right now (and also some moves, I'm thinking of an move that E-123 dissembles its left arm, which changes the properties of moves, and completly change a move).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spadefox:

If those vampire hunters are anywhere near as awesome in the actual game as you've made them in the moveset, I know what game I'm getting first for my DS......
Actually, all attacks are based off real spells and attacks in the game. Of course a bit modified to fit into Smash, but basically Jonathan & Charlotte both are doing what they do in their game.

I'm both happy and sad that you posted this moveset before I posted up Haruhi's. Happy because I now have a perfectly good example of how to make a team-as-one-character work not only efficiently with both drawbacks and strengths, but make it so that they are more than simply two movesets in one.

I'm sad because mine and any other "team"-type moveset is going to be judged to this standard. More importantly, I'll have to resist the urge to blatantly copy a lot of your style (in fact I already had a tilt creating a puddle that caused tripping even before reading this, but those things are inevitable).
Heh... You think I set a trend here? Thanks. And for the puddle attack, that's no problem - as you said, ineviteable. ;P

Any general tips as to how you can make a 3-character team in one moveset without being able to easily take it apart to make 2 movesets, 2 assist trophies, and a completely separate Final Smash? Because that's what the SOS Brigade girls are starting to look like.
Are you making a PT or a Ice Climbers styled one? If you make it with character switching, I'd recommend you to make the playstyle of each character different, and try to not over- or underpower one of them, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What happened to working on May?
I've pretty much finished up the moveset. Any moveset updates are never considered final, because there may be cases where I'll have to make minor changes to them. If there's anything you want me to fix on that moveset, just look at the link below.

May

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Mine's currently a lot like the Aqua Teen Hunger Force one from MYM2 in that all three are on stage at the same time, are all controlled simultaneously, all take damage, and have moves that require the presence of others.

There's also three of them but they don't stray far from each other, sticking together as if they have an invisible bungee cord connecting them (elastic).

The three can only be separated a considerable distance by certain conditions.

My main problem is that I'm quite sure that they are overcomplicated and overpowered, and they don't mesh together very well. Like I said, it's like I made up a couple of movesets, a couple of Assist Trophies, and a Final Smash (and the movsets already have Final Smashes) and slapped it all into one moveset.

I have a mechanic which would be hard to keep track of with just one character, moves that change or are dependant on having one of the other characters available and/or on the mechanic, and all sorts of other rather unwieldy goodies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you want, you can PM me the moveset or at least those parts you're not too sure with. I used Mendez for giving me a second opinion on J&C, as well, before releasing them.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
This thread got better when I was gone.

Nice movesets Khold and Spade and everyone else's like Pac-Man and Jafar and etc.

What tier's Clancer Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom