• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I added a stage and Codec for Pac-Man. I probably missed something else, so if anyone reads over it and see's something missing tell me. I want this one to be much better than my Ghost Gang moveset.
See page 175 at the bottom for my Pac-Man moveset.

Bleh Heh Heh...

"No, Blumiere, don't!"

What shall the next moveset be, muses Count Bleck?

Stats

Power: 8/10: Count Bleck is powerful, says Count Bleck!

Walking Speed:
3/10: Alas, my speed is not that good, says Count Bleck!

Dashing speed:
5/10: Marx runs quite quickly

Weight:
2/10: Bleh heh, huh? Alas, I, Count Bleck, can be easily knocked around.

Range: 9/10: Bleh heh! Good range, has Count Bleck!

Projectiles: 8/10: Bleh heh heh, Bleck! Spheres of darkness can be hurled long distance, by Count Bleck!

Attack Speed:
3/10: Bleh, good speed is not had, by Count Bleck!

Fall speed: 2/10: Made of paper, is Count Bleck!

Air Speed: 6/10: Count Bleck can move well in the air, bleh heh heh!

Size: 6/10: Large, is Count Bleck! OK, really he is about five out of ten, but floating a little above the ground makes him a bit taller.

First Jump: 7/10: Floats higher into the air, does Count Bleck! Nothing special about this animation, he just floats up higher.

2nd Jump: 7/10: I spin, says Count Bleck! He spins upwards, like Wario's up B.

Recovery:
9/10: Bleh heh heh, I may be made of paper, but it is not easy to KO, Count Bleck!

Crouch:
1/10: His crouch is terrible, he just stands on the ground, that's all.

Traction: 8/10: Turn quickly, can Count Bleck!

Combos:
4/10: Alas, low speed makes combos nearly impossible, for Count Bleck.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling:
Yes: Cling to the wall, can Count Bleck!

Crawl: No

Glide:
No

Float: Yes: Floating is easy, for Count Bleck! (He moves slower than Peach, but can float longer.)

Tether Recovery:
Yes: Grip the edge, can Count Bleck!

Note, that under the effects of D Smash, in attacks with void, with the exception of Neutral B, the void will be replaced by a bunch of little multicolored hearts.

Specials

Neutral B - Void Ball

Spheres of darkness, can be summoned by Count Bleck!
Count Bleck holds his staff forward, and several dark purple and black squares begin circling the tip. After three seconds, it is fully charged. It goes about half of the length of an aura sphere, and is smaller. When it hits an opponent, it won't do damage at first, it will just suck them into itself, stunning them. After being in the hole, they receive seven to fifteen damage, depending on how charged it is, and high knockback. It has low starting lag, but high ending lag. The opponent will be stuck in the sphere for one to two seconds, depending on how charged up it was. This attack is good if you follow up with a F Smash while they are in the black hole, due to knockback being five percent more in the black hole and F Smash's intense knockback.

Side B - Speedy Specter
Fast as lightning, is Count Bleck!
Bleck flashes red and shoots forward, about the speed of Sonic's run, for about half the length of Smashville. At the beginning and end, there is high lag, but it has high range and knockback. It does eight damage. This is a bit like the Space Animals Side B, but can be angled up, down, or even backwards.

Down B - Time Distortion
I will slow down time, says Count Bleck!
Count Bleck lifts his wand into the air and a green box appears around him for a second. This box can't be used to reflect stuff, does no damage, and does no knockback. Then what does it do? Anyone who touches it will turn greenish and slow down. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, for characters with low attack speed already it can be deadly, while characters with ATs that require precise timing it can help. It has high lag for Bleck, he can't move while the box is around him. The slowed down effect lasts five to ten seconds, depending on how long it was charged.

Up B - Dimension Flip

You will cringe at my power, says Count Bleck!
Ok, this can do four, no, five, things. First, for all three sues, a white square a bit bigger than the biggest character in the game (Bowser, Dedede, who?) Then, he can move it around himself, in a radius about half the size of Giggalypuff. However, he can't move himself, just the square, and is open for attack. In midair, he falls very very slowly while doing this. The square moves about as fast as R.O.B. runs. If it passes the area where it can go, it will break and Bleck will receive high lag. Now for the things he can do with it. First, simple recovery. It appears in front of you, now make it underneath you, and then move it up. Good. Once the square is around you push B again, and you will flip. You will appear about the length of Forwhatsit's Wind upwards, you know, Zelda's Up B. There is low knockback and two damage for anyone it touches. There is medium lag at the end. The second thing you can do is hurt enemies. Use your analog stick or whatever your using to move the square over an opponent. Then hit the B button again. The square will flip, doing fifteen damage and high vertical knockback. Number three, recovering teammates. Do the same thing as if you were recovering yourself, but put it over a teammate instead of you. This does the same exact thing as if you were doing it to yourself, even with Team Attack on. If they are in helpless mode, this is useful. Pressing the taunt button in midair while a Bleck is playing as your teammate sends a red flare up around you for one second, even in helpless mode. This flare means, recover me. Yeah. Number four, grabbing items. Put the square over an item to grab the item, which appears in your hand, or on you, or whatever. The fifth use is as a tether recovery. Use this move and put the square over a ledge. then, Bleck will flip and appear clinging to the ledge. There, that enough uses for you? Because I just though of a few more, so bear with me. Projectile reflecting, number six. Put this over a projectile, or just station it in front of you. When the projectile is inside of it, press B again. Ta da! The pesky projectile is flipped, so that it is now pointed the other direction. Use number seven, shielding. Just keeping this thing over yourself for the five second duration is a good shielding technique, so just push B when someone tries to attack, which inflicts the damage and knockback on them and teleports you to safety. Yeah. I think that's it.

Final Smash - Chaos Heart
The destroyer of all worlds, is Count Bleck! Who shall stand against me, muses Count Bleck!
Count Bleck lifts his arms up, and says, "The destroyer of all worlds, is Count Bleck! Then, from the top of the stage, the Chaos Heart begins to fall, until it is right above Count Bleck. "Bleh heh heh, Bleck!" says Count Bleck, and the Chaos Heart turns into, the Void. The void starts out the size of Donkey Kong, until it is about the size of Jigglypuff's Final Smash, and will suck anyone in who is near it in. All those sucked in are vulnerable for attack, by Count Bleck! However, he can just sit there and watch, and after ten seconds during which the opponents can receive up to eighty damage, the void will disappear and those sucked into it will receive high knockback. If he gets this on a stage with breakable platforms, the platforms will be sucked into the void, doing five additional damage to anyone they touch. Waddle Dee's, INKT's, nanners and other things that opponents might have created are also sucked into the void, doing three damage to anyone they touch.

Normal

Jab - Bleck Beam
Bleh heh heh, the man known as Blumiere died long ago,
Count Bleck points his staff forward and a beam of darkness shoots from the tip. This goes as far as R.O.B.'s beam, and does ten damage. However, there is high starting lag and very low knockback. It can only be used once every five seconds. It obviously has high range, but, as said before, high lag as well.

Dash - Dark Distortions

Count Bleck does not care about any world! They are all meaningless!
While still floating forward, Bleck pulls his staff back, and then rams it forward, distorting the area around it. This does high knockback, ten damage, and causes paralysis in the opponent for two seconds after landing if they don't do anything in the air. It has high lag, however, but high range. The distortion lasts for three seconds afterward, doing no knockback but two damage to anyone who touches it.

Tilts

F Tilt - Flip
Bleh heh heh, this pleases, Count Bleck!
Count Bleck flips for a few moments, and then appears two Jigglypuff lengths forward. This attack does no damage until he reappears, which does low knockback and seven damage. This attack also has low lag, so is good for approaching. It can be angled up, down (on fall throughs), left, or right. This has low range as well. Use it to surprise enemies, for example, teleporting behind them.

D Tilt - Void Vortex

WHAT?! ... Spat Count Bleck in utter disbelief.
Bleck Points his staff forward, and then a tornado of void surrounds him. It spins rapidly for two seconds, with a slight vacuum effect. Anyone stuck in the vortex is susceptible to Bleck, who can leave the vortex if he wishes. It does ten damage and high kncokback on the last hit, with each hit doing one damage. It has high range, and also has high lag.

U Tilt - Horrible Hat
Bleh heh heh heh heh... This pleases Count Bleck!
Count Bleck laughs, and takes off his hat, then, he tosses it into the air, where it does nine damage to anyone it hits. This has low range and high lag, but if it hits just as it falls back onto Bleck's head, it does extreme knockback. Otherwise, it will do medium knockback. It is extremely useful for stopping StF Dairs, as the hat will stop them and shield Bleck.

Smashes

F Smash - Murderous Monocle

Count Bleck is the destroyer of worlds.
Bleck pushes one of his arms outwards, and electricity builds inside of his monocle. As it is released, the electricity zaps out, filling the area in front of him with lightning. This is a lot like Ike's F Smash, devastating if it hits, but suicidal if it misses. It has extreme ending lag, but does up to twenty nine damage! It also has very high knockback. It sounds broken, but it has short range, and very high lag. Use it right after one of his trapping moves for an easy kill, but if they escape before you can launch it, you are dead.

U Smash - Dark Prognosticus
Now there is only Bleck! The Dark Prognosticus's choice to fulfill the prophecy. Nothing more!
Bleck laughs and pushes his arms out, and the Dark Prognosticus appears above his head. It spins around, and then it opens. From it comes a stream of void, doing eighteen damage and high knockback. This is like Lucas's Up Smash, high range, high knockback, high damage, and unfortunately, high lag. If it hits, easy KO. If it misses, your doomed. This becomes the Light Prognosticus under the D Smash effect.

D Smash - Ancient Anguish
If the worlds have no meaning, was our meeting meaningless as well?
Timpani, when you vanished, I searched so long for you...

Count Bleck bows his head, and a ring of void starts spinning around him. When the attack is released, the void expands and disappears, and Count Bleck's eye and mouth turn blue. This does only ten damage and low knockback, but makes his attacks do two mare damage and a little more knockback. This effect lasts for twenty seconds. this smash has high range and low lag. During the length of this attack, Tippi appears in the background, and then flies over to him and follows him for the twenty seconds.

Aerials

Nair - Malignant Misery
Now finish Count Bleck... Dispatch me and the Chaos Heart will disappear. The prophesy will be undone...
Count Bleck points his cane toward the screen, and the Chaos Heart briefly appears over him. This does ten damage and medium knockback. It also has high range. It has high starting lag, but low ending lag. If he is under the effect of his D Smash, the heart will be the Purity Heart instead.

Fair - Wicked Whip
I never gave up looking, I searched and searched...
Count Bleck slaps forward his cane, and a long, thin whip of void shoots out. This has extremely high range, and also high lag. It does seven damage and medium knockback. It you hit with the tip of the cane it will spike. However, it is a very hard spike to land, due to lots of warning. It can be used as tether recovery, as well.

Dair - Minion

Count Bleck will send...
Count Bleck points his staff downward, and a beam of light shoots down to the floor. It only does two damage, and no knockback. However, where it hits the floor, one of his Minions will appear. O'Chunks will walk around at the speed of Bowser, ground pounding and farting on people. The ground pounds do ten damage and medium knockback. He can be attacked for forty damage before disappearing. Mimi will be in her spider form, and will shoot rupees. They do low knockback and ten damage. They have very high range, but can be easily shielded against. She also does two damage if you touch her. She can take thirty damage before disappearing. Dimentio shoots purple and yellow sparks, which do high knockback, have high range and move at the speed of Aura Ball, and ten damage. He may also use Put You In A Box And Blow You Up. This has a loot of warning and he only uses this five percent of the time, but it is extremely powerful. It does thirty damage and extremely high knockback. It has high range, but is easy to get away from doe to the lag. He has thirty five HP. The other minion is Nastasia. She will lift her glasses and a small red square will shoot out. Then she disappears. This red square, if it hits an opponent, will hypnotize them, causing them to SD. This hypnosis only lasts for two seconds, so it is possible to recover. She has nine thousand and one health, but she disappears after using hypnosis. Hackers have found that if you let Nastasia stay using hacks and attack her for nine thousand and one damage, she will destroy all of the opponents stocks. Nice little Easter egg, Sakurai actually thought of the hackers when directing the game. Mr. L does not appear. This has very high ending lag for Bleck.

Bair - Terrible Terror
Having trouble thinking of alliterations, is Count Bleck.
This is an odd attack. Bleck turns around for a second and makes a big blue sphere appear around the tip of his cane for half a second. Then he turns around again. This is very quick, but has very low range and is very easy to dodge. However, if it hits, the character lets out their star KO cry and is spiked to the ground. Then, they are in dizzy mode. This is a wonderful attack, but only if it hits. It is like rest without the horrible lag, very hard to hit with, but exceptional when it hits. This does seven damage.

Uair - Loathsome Laugh

Bleh heh heh, Bleck!
Count Bleck opens his mouths, and laughs. "Bleh heh heh! BLECK!" A few purple and blue circles come from his mouth, so that it looks like Jigglypuff's sing. However, instead of making people fall asleep, it does ten damage and medium knockback. It has high range. It also has high lag. When he shouts "BLECK!" it does an extra two damage and high knockback. However, it is easy to DI out of before he shouts his name.

Grab and Throws

Grab - Bleck Grab

All is according to plan, Count Bleck assures you.
Count Bleck grabs forward with the hand that his rod is not in. This has medium range, and low lag. Not much else to say, except that this has the most original name of any attack in this moveset.

Pummel - Poke

I see, remarked Count Bleck. Well, what is done is done.
Count Bleck pokes with his stick. This does three damage and has medium lag. After the opponent is poked they are surrounded by void for a second, which will do four damage if they escape.

F Throw - Bleck Bombs
Count Bleck feels fine, leave me...
Count Bleck jumps up, lift his arms, and three paper bob-ombs appear around the opponent. They have a five second timer, and then explode. However, Count Bleck can arrange them in any way he pleases. He can put them on top of the opponent for the pitfall effect, or beneath them for vertical knockback. He can put one on top and one on each side for extreme damage. Or he can throw them at other opponents. They will not explode until the timer runs out. Purple chains keep the opponent in place while he is putting the bombs where he wants, although ti is possible to button mash out. The damage and knockback are decided by where he puts the bombs, for low to high knockback and seven to fifteen damage. This has no ending lag, due to him being able to move even before the attack is done.

B Throw - Nastasia

Well, Count Bleck will leave you to dispense the minion discipline.
Count Bleck flips a little ways in front of the grabbed one and Nastasia appears holding them. Then, she shoots a red square from her eyes, which hit the opponent. This does medium knockback and seven damage. The opponent has a twenty percent chance of being hypnotized by this, for three seconds. This has high lag when he flips. At the end, Nastasia will flip away in a little black box.

D Throw - Corrupt Clone
The prophecy can no longer be stopped by Count Bleck. No one can stop it...
Count Bleck pushes his hand with the staff in it outwards, and a puff of purple smoke appears. Then, it morphs into a dark clone of the opponent who was grabbed. This will run around for up to ten seconds, with each of it's attacks only a fifth of the originals power. So, if a character named A had an attack that did twenty five damage and high knockback, A's clone would do five damage and very low knockback. They can also be easily KOed. This has high ending lag.

U Throw - Mimimimimimimimi!!!!!
Count Bleck is sending you on a new mission.
MIMIMIMIM!
Count Bleck flips away, and Mimi takes his place. Then, she punches upwards. After that, you may use Mimi! This does five damage and low knockback. It also has high lag. MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI!

Extras

Up Taunt - Bleh heh heh! Bleck! Count Bleck laughs his evil, signature laugh.

Side Taunt
- Count Bleck lifts up his hand and laughs. Bleh heh heh...

Down Taunt
- Count Bleck lets the Chaos Heart shine inside of him for a second. Anyone who touches it receives one damage and very very very very low knockback.

Victory 1 - Count Bleck calls all of his minions. they come and say quote from the game. "Mimimimi! You big meanies!" "And so I strike! Like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium." "You finish that report, K?" "JUNIOR!? Come over here and I'll introduce ya to Fist Jr. and his pal Slappie!" And so on.

Victory 2 - The void is in the background, and then it consumes all, while Bleck laughs... "Bleh heh he heh heh heh heh heh heh...

Victory 3 - "Bleh heh heh, BLECK!" says Count Bleck, in joy.

Loss
- Count Bleck claps in the background, a glum look on his face.

Victory Theme
- 00:06 to 00:18 of this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzbISrq8mg&feature=related

Symbol - A heart.

Kirby Hat
- Kirby gets Bleck's hat. He can use Void Ball.

Stage - Will come with Mimi moveset. Castle, BLECK!

Will they enjoy the moveset, muses Count Bleck...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

I'm not really as experienced as some of these other guys, but I think I'm a fair shake at this whole gameset thing, Pelikinesis. What I think you should do is just let your creativity flow, like me, and most importanlty: be cool. Everyone always roots for the cool guy, y'know.​

What tier's Clancer Cat?

...What? I don't even know what a tire is. (Is it something to eat?)

...Anyway.

I decided to read some more of that gameset, Spaidfox, and I spotted a few little continuity things. Really they're just tiny little things, but tiny little things are important too, y'know. Anyway, first of all is that Soma's ability is "the power of dominance", not "soul steal", like it is in his statue thingy. Secondly...actually I forgot what comes secondly. Sorry... (The engrish voices were super cool, though!)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I decided to read some more of that gameset, Spaidfox, and I spotted a few little continuity things. Really they're just tiny little things, but tiny little things are important too, y'know. Anyway, first of all is that Soma's ability is "the power of dominance", not "soul steal", like it is in his statue thingy. Secondly...actually I forgot what comes secondly. Sorry... (The engrish voices were super cool, though!)
I took that trophy description directly from Tanookie, so blame him, not me. :p

Edit: Changed it. Yay.
And thanks for the <3 on Japanese voices!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hades is looking really awesome, Bkuppa. The down special is an interesting twist on copy-moves, since it only copies projectiles.

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Luso

Luso

~Read extras first and read Final Smash before Grabs~

Tilts+Recovery+AAA​

AAA- Back Draft- Luso will turn a red orange color and throw a punch with his left with the first tap of A 3%, on the second tap Luso will throw a punch with his right 3%, on the third Luso will jab with both of his arms as hard as he can 7%, this last attack will give Luso 1% of damage but is a tad bit stronger when it comes to knock back for an AAA. The attack chains fast but it has a bit more end lag for an AAA, mainly to make up for the damage and knock back, just don’t keep hitting A if you missed the first one to avoid the self-damage and lag. ~pound type attack~

Up Tilt- Luso will turn his head to face upwards and do an A + A + A combo, with the first press Luso will slash with the Sumihomura over his head 2%, with the second he will slash with the Ragetsu-Denbu 2%, with the third he will stab straight up with both of them 4% totaling 8%, the first to slashes a very weak in knock back making the combo doable, and the stab isn’t too much either, but not many tilts are, it’s about as good as Meta Knight’s forward tilt, but upwards. ~slash type attack~

Left/Right Tilt- Air Blast- Luso will punch in the pressed direction forcing out a small poof of white smoke closely in front of his hand 10% The range is short but it is tall, just a little bit longer then Mario’s fire punch attack and about as tall as Link, the knock back is pretty small, it could kill at maybe 175%, but what’s odd about it is that it sends the target in the exact direction they came from, so it can push people in a lot of odd directions even up or down, great for ledge guarding, also it can reflect projectiles but not energy based ones (like Fox’s laser or Samus’ charge shot). ~pound type attack~

Down Tilt- Blitz- Luso will halfway mount his stance and slash at the ground with the Ragetsu-Denbu after pulling it as far back as he can (this part of the attack is not an actual attack, just animation), soon after, from just a tad bit behind Luso a white wind-like arrow will charge in following the exact path of the slash and only goes a bit farther forward than the slash, about a Link’s distance in front of Luso 6%, the arrow is a meteor smash so it smacks the opponent to the ground almost on impact without causing them to bounce up, leaving you opened for a recovery attack. There isn’t too much lag so if you get away quick enough you can avoid the recovery attack but you just backed up from your opponent. ~slash type attack~

Dash A- Luso will slow and pull both of his blades as far back behind his head as he can, he will then thrust them down in front of him as hard as he can 8% and turn the slash into a roll using the momentum giving it more range, the attack has a noticeable opening, but once it is loosed it is quite fast and hard to avoid considering even during the roll the blades are considered a valid hit box. After the roll is over he will stick his right foot forward to slide into a stop making it good for a quick get-away as well. It has just a bit more knock back than Sonic’s dash attack but is nowhere near as spamable because of the opening. ~slash type attack~

Ledge Attack 1- Luso will pull up onto the ledge and merge into a spinning rising type slash with both of his katanas flowing through making it last kinda long, the slash starts with the Sumihomura followed by the Ragetsu-Denbu each doing 6% but having enough knock back to prevent both slashes landing. ~slash type attack~

Ledge Attack 2- Luso will roll onto the ledge, turn around and stab with both katanas 12%, this attack will leave Luso turned around but the roll is longer than his usual. Knock back wise it isn’t much but you’re already near the ledge so it can get very dangerous, the reach is decent too so unless you’re using a small character it will be hard to dodge in such short of a time frame. ~slash type attack~

Recovery Attack- Luso will start to get up and merge into a twisting slash with both of his katanas aimed outward 6% The hit box is quite low to the ground but has some fair knock back, especially for a recovery attack, it might kill at 280% xD ~slash type attack~

Smashes​

Up Smash- Air Render- Luso will wave which ever arm is facing the players above his head as he looks up sending out 3 small crescent shaped air blasts. Each one can do 3-7% but they will continue a fair ways up while the two on the outside are moving in a figure eight pattern and the one in the middle is moving straight up. Each one is about 1/3 the size of Link’s gale boomerang but they’re on their side so it ends up covering almost the height of the gale boomerang horizontally. The knock back isn’t much, not a KO move at all, but its long distance of criss-crossing can make it somewhat difficult to dodge if aimed right. ~wind type attack~

Left/Right Smash- Wind Slash- Luso will pull his right arm back and his hand will glow slightly green, when the attack is loosed a small green tornado made of air slash type swirls will form about a Bowser’s distance away right after Luso does a throw like punch 10-20% The knock back here isn’t much for Luso, but it will do its best to push its target up for the kill, it might be able to kill an opponent at 140% ~slash type attack~

Down Smash- Wild Swing- Luso will spin in a tight circle with his sword out, the blade will touch once on both sides of Luso 6-12% ~slash type attack~ and a small spinning shockwave will hit targets a bit farther than the blade 4-10% ~energy + spin type attack~ The blade has knock back just a bit less than Meta Knights down smash and the shock wave has a little less than Luso’s blade but together they have knock back a bit plus of Meta Knight’s but the angling is quite difficult to pull off.

B’s​

B- Beat Down- Luso will mount his stance and a small glow of orange gold will quickly flash around Luso right before he slashes in front of him, on contact the blade will release a bigger flash of the same glow. The attack has 2 possible damages and knock backs, it’s about a 55/45 trade off, the attack will either do 20% with a chance to kill at 130% (the 55%) or deal 6% with a chance to kill at 200% (the 45%) If multiple people are hit they are not all susceptible to the same result, one person may take the 20% while another takes the 6%, but it is possible that they both get the same result. The attack is just a bit longer than the first slash in Link’s forward smash and has some start lag to counter the possible damage(the stance mounting) and a tad bit of end lag. Due to the stance mount Luso will just pull back for a bit more force when done in the air instead of mounting. ~slash type attack~

Up B- Rush- Luso will leap diagonally forward, if he comes close to an opponent he will unleash a quick flurry of stabs and slashes that end with a medium powered meteor-smash type downward slash and Luso dropping in an unresponsive state. The total range is close to Lucario’s Up B but it can’t be steered like Lucario’s, the knock back is as I said, a medium powered meteor-smash, if there is no ground beneath you most opponents have little chance at life over 130% ~slash type attack~

Left/Right B- Iai Blow- Luso will Mount his stance and do a very heavy and very fast slash with the Sumihomura 18%, though the attack is very close ranged it packs a wallop of knock back it could kill a light character at 110%, most of the time…sometimes it barely causes the opponent to flinch, it also has a high shield damage status and a better chance of causing the opponent to drop a held item than most attacks as well. The attack has a semi-noticeable amount of starting lag to also make up for the knock back, but only little end lag so watch out. ~slash type attack~

Down B- Aura Blast- Luso will mount a stance facing the user and glow blue right before he unleashes a burst of bluish energy, it shapes kinda like the energy flows from Dragon Ball Z but it’s a bit tighter and taller. Any contact with the energy will result in 8% of damage with only enough knock back to bounce you out of it and maybe kill at 300%, however, if you were basically touching the opponent without any forward momentum it would hit them once and then knock them almost straight up and hit them again for 16%. This attack also doubles as a reflector of thrown items only, the longer you hold Down B the more it will shrink eventually exposing Luso’s shoulders and up and failing to reflect anything, though still capable of damage; there is no shield break status type thing that can come from this. ~Energy type attack~

Aerials​

Neutral A- Luso will tuck in and do a quicker and smaller version of Aura Blast, this time it does 10% with a tad bit more knock back, enough to keep your opponent away so you can land, might kill at 180%, but does not reflect any projectiles at all.

Up A- Luso will start by pointing both of his katanas at his feet, he will then do a back flip causing them to slash with him, but once the katanas reach what would normally be behind his head Luso draws them back in meaning it hits the tiniest bit below him, in front of him, above him and the super tiniest bit behind him 10%, the attack adds an odd fast floating sense to Luso for a moment making it useful for dodging with practice. For range it’s fairly close but its knock back can help protect you for a decent bit, it has just a bit less knock back then Link’s Up A. ~slash + spin type attack~

Forward A- Luso will pull back and do a heavy downward vertical slash in front of him 12% The attack is a mid range, about 3.5/5 a Bowser at max and has about enough knock back to kill someone at 150%, the cool part about it is that the swing actually pulls Luso with the slash so it reaches down and covers a bit of what’s below Luso before he goes back to his normal air stance. ~slash type attack~

Backward A- Luso will turn around with a spin slash using the Sumihomura and then spin around using the momentum for a semi rising slash from the Ragetsu-Denbu, both attack hitting what was Luso’s original behind and each doing 8%, however the Ragetsu-Denubu’s slash has much more knock back, it could kill at 110%, but the Sumihomura could kill at around 140% ~slash + spin type attack~

Down A- Luso will turn so he’s facing the ground head first, from here he will stab straight towards the ground with the Sumihomura and the Ragetsu-Denbu 6% ~slash type attack~ and then do a flip where he does a double foot stomp like Gannon 8% ~pound type attack~. The stab(s) doesn’t have too much knock back, so it may be possible to chain, but you’ll find any opponent over 50% WILL NOT be getting hit by both. On the upside they are both meteor smashes, the stomp is about 3/5 the strength of Gannon’s though…

Grabs​

Grab- Luso will turn his back to the stage background and reach out as far as he can with his left arm, if he touches someone he will pull them in and hold them by their collar/neck.

Neutral Grab- Blade Smash- Luso will slash at the opponent with the ‘usual’ back side of his sword 2% ((With Luso’s final smash bonus in effect this attack will leave the opponent unable to use their B attacks for 20 seconds)) ~slash type attack~

Up Grab- Lifethread Blade- Luso will throw the opponent up and thrust his blade after them, stabbing them in the stomach, during the stab you will be able to see 3 mini grim reapers surrounding Luso’s blade {not too obvious unless in a camera mode, appears as more of a black and red blur}10%, for knock back there isn’t much here, nor is it good for a set up but it’s got a great special bonus ((With Luso’s final smash bonus in effect the attack will cause the opponent’s resistance to knock back to be dropped down to 2/5 from its normal status for 20 seconds; great for floaty characters that just won’t seem to die)) ~ dark type attack~

Forward Grab- Skyfury Blade- Luso will reach back with his sword as it gets covered in intense static and then stab the opponent, as soon as the blade makes contact the blade bursts into a large force of electricity 10% This attack is probably Luso’s best grab on a count of the knock back, it could probably kill an average character at 160% ((With Luso’s final smash bonus in effect this will leave the enemy unable to grab their opponent for one minute)) ~electric type attack~

Backward Grab- Shimmering Blade- Luso will quickly spin around as his blade gets surrounded in fire and do a horizontal slash at the opponent, as soon as it lands a quick burst of fire will knock the opponent away 10% For knock back there isn’t much here but it’s a great set up for Luso’s ((With Luso’s final smash bonus in effect this attack will leave the opponent in a mirror state {left is right and right is left} for 15 seconds)) ~fire type attack~

Down Grab- Hoarfrost Blade- Luso will slash the opponent into the ground, immediately after a crystal clear ice spear will shoot up from the ground and knock the opponent upwards 10% The knock back here isn’t much and it’s not much for a set up except his Up B, but it is cool ((With Luso’s final smash bonus in effect this will leave the enemy slowed by ½ for 15 seconds)) ~ice type attack~

Movement​

Inactivity Stance 1- Luso will look down and start to kick at the dirt while he whistles

Inactivity Stance 2- Luso will do a real quick stationary back flip and then straighten out his clothes

Dash- Luso will run forward carrying his sword, tip pointed behind him

Dodges- Forward on the stick> Luso will slide into the direction and then turn around
Back on the stick> Luso will do a back flip moving backwards in the process
Down on the stick> Luso pull his gut in first and step into the background
In the air- Luso will spin around towards the background quickly

Crawl- yes

Wall Jump- yes

Wall Cling- no

Glide- no

Sweet Spot- Luso has a medium-large sweet spot for ledges

Taunts​

Taunt 1- Luso will pull out his Grimoire and turn a few pages before putting it away.

Taunt 2- Luso will slash with the Ragetsu-Denbu and say, “My story doesn’t end here!”

Taunt 3- Unburden Soul- When not on a team or under 20% on a team Luso will pull out his Grimoire and it will glow white, but stay shut, then Luso will put it away, however, if you are on a team and Luso is under 20% it will activate Unburden Soul, when his Grimoire glows white it will open and Luso will die, losing one life, but instantly heal your partner up to 80% of damage.

Final Smash

Unleash Fury​

When Luso activates his final smash he will pull out the large sword seen in his picture at the top, but it will be glowing white and be a lot larger, half of a fully grown Jigglypuff’s final smash he will then charge up some strength real quickly and do 1 continues horizontal spin slash that forces him to rotate all the way around 3 times. This basically means there are 3 slashes with no lag in between, each doing 14% with a fair amount of knock back, about 3/5 Meta Knights Final Smash. At the end of the spinning Luso will point the sword straight out as it disintegrates and the particles all fly into him, he will then blink white and say, “Let’s do this!”

The trick to this lies in the bonuses granted to Luso’s grabs. After activating this attack Luso gets 1 bonus counter, meaning he will be able to get a bonus effect from the next grab attack, only one, untill he gets another bonus counter. This is where the true power of Luso’s Final Smash lies…​

Special Ability

Critical Haste- When Luso gets to 100% he will instantly receive the bunny ears speed and jump boost for 10 seconds, he will now also have a new dash attack

Hasted dash attack- Luso will slow into a stab with the Sumihomura 6% and the turn and spin into a rising slash with the Ragetsu-Denbu 10% These attacks are chainable and are quite fast, the Sumihomura acts as more of a stun type attack with hardly any knock back, it wouldn’t interfere with the Ragetsu-Denbu untill the opponent was near 100%. However, the Ragetsu-Denbu has become quite deadly now, it has enough knock back that it might kill an opponent at 130% Together the slashes have a range about 4/5 Ike’s dash but the attack does have some annoying end lag so aim carefully. This attack is not available through the bunny ears. ~slash type attack~​

Extras

Stats

Power- 8
Attack Speed- varies too much
Attack Lag- 6.5
Range- ~varies too much~
Grabs- 9
Jump- 7
Walking Speed- 6
Running Speed 7.5
Recovery- 8- Luso has a fair Up B and a decent sized sweet spot for the ledges
Weight- about the same as Link
Size- Just a super tiny bit bigger than Link

Battle Entry- Luso’s Grimoire will appear and open as pages began to turn, it will glow yellow quickly and Luso will spawn facing the ground and then enter has battle stance katanas drawn.

Victory Pose 1- Luso will take a few steps forward, dust himself off and then enter his battle stance, katanas drawn.

Victory Pose 2- Luso will jump up twice throwing a punch with his left during the first and then his right during the second, then land and smile.

Victory Pose 3- Luso will open his Grimoire as it glows and then teleport away leaving behind a quick swirl of dust

Victory Theme- The song Hurdy played for Luso when you beat the game, which I’ll call ‘Luso’s Journey’ since it has no real name

Kirby Hat- Kirby will get Luso’s hat

Universe- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (Ivalice)

Unlock Message- Luso has been sucked into another universe, again…LET’S BRAWL!

Wii Mote Sound- A page turn of Luso’s Grimoire

Logo- The logo seen in the clan premier​

Alternate Colors:

Red- Luso’s tanned yellow will become more of a burnt orange and the green on his pants will become solid red, the brown will get a red tint to it as well.

Blue- Luso’s tanned yellow will become a teal color and the green will turn a blue-green. The brown and Red on Luso will turn to an average shade of blue also.

Green- Luso’s tanned yellow will turn to a dark forest green and all of the brown in his will turn to a dark green, his hat will turn to a normal green and all of Luso’s white will get a slight green tint.

White- Luso’s tanned yellow will turn solid white and all of the brown will turn gray, Luso green will turn pale, the same goes for his blue. His red hat will also turn into a solid white color.

Black- Luso’s tanned yellow will turn solid black and all of his other colors will get much darker, the white will turn a blood red color and his hat will get much darker than his other clothes.

Brown- ~original~

Boss- Luso’s boss will be one of the purple demon hands fought in the Forbidden Land known as a Neukhia. The hand will be coming out of a small black and purple rip in space and teleport from one side of the stage to the other about as often as Rayquaza switches sides. It’s a fairly large boss but it’s not as big as, the purple and gray gorilla thingy.

Neukhia’s attacks:

Apocalypse- the Neukhia will blink white real quickly and start to vibrate/shake and then it will force out a large green and yellow ball with black edges about a distance of 1/3 of the screen. Anyone that touches the ball will receive 15% of damage and be put into a reversed state; left is right and right is left. The knock back isn’t much, just enough to push you away so you don’t instantly get hit again, though if you’re unlucky it is out just long enough to get hit twice unless you’re at high percentages, might kill at 120%

Catastrophe- the Neukhia will blink gray real quickly and start to vibrate/shake and then it will force out a large red and purple ball with black edges about a distance of 2/5 of the screen. Anyone that touches the ball will receive 25% of damage, you CAN NOT roll dodge or shield this attack, just don’t be near the Neukhia or double jump it. The knock back for this is the exact same as Apocalypse but this one is out a lot less longer and will only hit once.

Consumption- the Neukhia will rise up and cringe, like Master Hand right before his finger beams, and hold its position. From hear very thin yellow and orange beams will start to close in on a player and once they shrink all the way in to one medium beam a very large yellow and orange beam will shoot straight down at the point they closed on and deal 15% on impact and about 2/3% per half second from there on out, the knock back is quite strong if you’re in the beam when it ends, similar to Lucario’s Final Smash, but not quite as damaging or strong in knock back, at worst you’d probably accumulate 40%.

Syphonja- the Neukhia will glow white slightly and a line of bluish white beams of energy will fall from the sky moving forward one by one, once the hit they will shock you 12% each and then the Neukhia will regain 1/20 of its hp. The knock back is very little, but they move fast, it’s meant to be more of an annoying attack then a killer.

Play Style- Luso plays somewhat like a mixture of Mario, Fox and Link, his attacks a mostly physical but with a bit of thrown in technical ones, some attacks are fast while others are slow, some obvious some not. His style is primarily meant for the ground and is fairly good at countering attacks from the air, but it can be pretty technical at times with his array of angles and effects.

Snake Codec- Snake: Otakon, what’s with this kid and his book, he won’t let it go!

Otakon: Oh, that’s just Luso…but how did he get here?

Snake: Whaddya mean?

Otakon: I thought he was done changing realms after what happened last time…

Snake: Changing realms? Why do you have to be so confusing?!

Otakon: It’s not confusing if you knew what I was talking about!

Snake: Then please, explain.

Otakon: You should read the manuals more often, they always explain things Snake.

Snake: Why read a manual when I have you?

Otakon: …

~end transmission~

Fan Easter Eggs- the exact skill set Luso has is as follows

Action 1- Flair (Parivir job class abilities)
Action 2- Pugilism (Fighter job class abilities)
Reaction- Critical Haste (job class ability; enter a hasted state when in a critical state)
Passive- Dual Wield (Ninja job class ability; carry two one handed swords)

The exact weapons he is using are the Ragetsu-denbu (the pale purple katana in his right) and the Sumihomura (the black katana in his left) Thus meaning his base job is Parivir, on top of that a large amount of his move set are actual moves Luso can use from the skill set in the game (all of the ones with names)

SSE Role and Background

Luso had spent his life being a normal kid, fairly shy but normal; one day when he got detention the teacher had him clean up the library where he found a strange almost blank book, a Grimoire. Upon reading the small bit there Luso was sucked into the final fantasy world and the country known as Ivalice. To get back to his world Luso had to fill his Grimoire, by going on many adventures, eventually he managed to do it and returned to his home.

After opening his Grimoire one more time Luso was sucked into it yet again, but this time not to Ivalice, but to the Smash World. Bringing with him some of his skills and weapons from the last time around Luso once again seeks to fill his Grimoire to return home yet again. Upon entering the Smash World Luso will meet Pit and decide to help him protect Pit’s homeland and soon follows Pit through the rest of the storyline. A major part of Luso’s involvement is that his Grimoire actually fills after each level where Luso fights a boss, after the final bass of the new SSE it will finish and glow as it sends Luso back, this time 3 people will mourn for him; Pit, Kirby and Yoshi, after a quick touching moment Luso will poof away in some light and then other character story thingies will happen.​

Stickers

((All of Luso’s stickers are headshots of the named character))

Adelle- medium-large, Slash attack plus 20

Cid- medium, Specials Direct plus 15

Hurdy- small-medium, Food Effect plus 5

Trophies

Luso- Luso will be standing there pulling out both of his katanas preparing for his battle stance. The description reads, “Luso is a young boy known for his bad luck in being pulled into different dimensions. Once pulled into Ivalice Luso went through a long trial to return home. Now having been pulled into the Brawl Universe Luso seeks to use the same method to return home, his Grimoire, good luck brave soldier!”

Luso Final Smash- Luso will be standing with his sword pointed straight out as it is in the end of his final smash. The description will read, “Luso may be a kid, but with this sword he’s…still a kid, but a very dangerous one! Don’t get him angry or he may use this baby on you, which is the last thing you want, to be sliced to bits by a kid…”

Adelle- Adelle will by standing in some girly anime pose; the description will read, “Adelle may be a girl but she rarely shows it, she puts on many false bravados to keep to herself. She is an outcast by her own choosing and is an expert thief, she’s always felt strange growing up, that she was different than other kids, and she was right. She’s actually one of the of the few “Gifted” left and eventually acquires the job Heretic and receives help from many other “Gifted”.

Illua- Illua will be holding her Grimoire out and reading it. The description will read, “Illua is quite the power hungry villain, she doesn’t let anyone stand in her way. She has a long past in Ivalice; crime, friends, hatred and a Grimoire…Luso is the only one who can stop her, because of HIS Grimoire, this causes a great rivalry between them and a great hatred to form for him in Illua. It is this hatred that gave forth to the coming of the rift once more…”

Assist Trophies and Items

Assist Trophy- Cid the Bangaa- Cid will pop out of the trophy with a great sword and start running and jumping to slash at other players, he will make 4 movements to strike each one having a 3 slash combo; horizontally to Cid’s right 4%, diagonally down to Cid’s left 4% and then a heavy rising slash 10%. Cid will try to target the closet enemy unit for these attacks.

Item- Potion- A small round blue bottle that when picked up will restore 2% of damage ~food type~

Item- Hi potion- A small gourd shaped golden bottle that when picked up will restore 4% of damage ~food type~

Item- X-potion- A small blue long necked bottle that when picked up will restore 6% of damage ~food type~

Stage

Grimoire

The stage will be an enlarged version of Luso’s Grimoire opened straight down the middle, it will be tilted slightly up so you can see the pages better but it’s a simple, mostly flat stage, it only curves with the pages that rise in the middle and lower at the edges like a real book, though it does have edges you can fall off of like Final Destination.

Background Music

~Title Menu Music~

~World Map Music~

~Luso’s Journey~

Stage Effects

Every 20 seconds half of a page will fill from the left page to the right page, each time it fills both pages the Grimoire will glow brightly decreasing vision a bit and then a page will turn, you can roll dodge this, jump out of the way (very difficult to do), if you get hit by the page turn you will receive 20% of damage, however the last way to avoid the hit is by hitting the page at perfect timing with at least 20% of damage which will push the page back down, but it will try to flip again in 10 seconds.

After 3 page turns the Grimoire will either glow more brightly then before almost eliminating vision of the stage for 10 seconds or start spewing mist which acts as a lipstick for the area it covers as it floats around doing about 2% a second, though it’s only a medium sized mist cloud

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
That is by far my longest moveset ever, biggest Word file I've got; next to Vent that is, but Vent is 5 characters so yea...>.>

Comments and Suggestions?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That is by far my longest moveset ever, biggest Word file I've got; next to Vent that is, but Vent is 5 characters so yea...>.>

Comments and Suggestions?
Without reading your moveset: You should try to seperate the several sections of the attacks, use colours which are easier on the eye (that magenta isn't) and use BBCode to show what attack you are talking about - the whole things are eaten by these walls of colour.

Use Jonathan & Charlotte as an example for how organization could look like to make it easier to read (Page 186).

Also, I suggest you to make an introduction - what game Luso is from, what her personality and abilities are like, etc.
I don't know the character, and the missing information doesn't help me understanding why she does this or that.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@ Spadefox:

You.

Win.

Nine thousand and one internets.

That was EPIC, man, seriously. I was so eager to read, it only took me, like, ten minutes. That's got my vote for sure. One of the best movesets I've seen in this entire contest--great job.

I took that trophy description directly from Tanookie, so blame him, not me. :p
Don't judge meh. >_< It said that when I copied it from Mendez's moveset...

IT'S YOUR FAULT! (Ten bucks to whoever can say what musical that came from.)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@ Spadefox:

You.

Win.

Nine thousand and one internets.

That was EPIC, man, seriously. I was so eager to read, it only took me, like, ten minutes. That's got my vote for sure. One of the best movesets I've seen in this entire contest--great job.
Haha. Thanks. I was waiting for you to comment. :bee:

Only 10 minutes? lmao. It took me longer to "quickly" skip over it and see if I can find a few errors - which I did and corrected. I have this feeling you'll read it again just to let the words melt into your brain or something. :psycho:

I'm really glad you lot like them. I'm sure Cornell won't be as liked as them, but I'll try to make up the fuzzy wuzzy's not being par with J&C by making Aeon, as well - I will see if I can finish him quick enough for submitting him still in MYM 4... otherwise he'll be in MYM 5, that's a given.

So... Castlevania goodness ahead. :bee:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
what her personality and abilities are like, etc.

Nyuhahah! Oh my! That's...that's so funny!

Hoo. Hoo boy. I think I just cried a little bit there.

Anyway.

I'm...I'm also kind of a FF nut. I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea or anything--I have an actual life, you know. I don't spend all my time playing videogames! (Sometimes...)

So I like FF. I also really liked that setmove thingy you have there, Mr. Panda. The way you made the guy work so much like an actual Tactics character--Critical Haste, y'know--just made my day. Keep up the good work! (Even if the grabs/FS thing is kind of complicated...)

ED IT -

Wait wait! Don't blame me! It was...uh...it was all that Lordwar guy's idea! HE MADE ME TYPE IN THE WRONG THING!! (I swear!)

...Also, uh, Spaid? Don't you think you should actually play Judgment before making a gameset for Aeon?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's a guy? Oh dear. He looks so female. <_<"

I never played the game he was in and didn't read the moveset, sorry. Mocking me because of that is unfair. ;-;

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which reminds me - sorry for never really commenting on your movesets, MasterWarlord, but you always posted them when I was asleep or not able to focus on reading. And I never said something later on because I was mostly too astounded by these towers of text and BBCode.

>.<"

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Luso is pretty darn cool, but a bit more organization and you got it. I like how you included the Grimiore.

@Warlord: I, too, apologize. You never even knew that I was a fan of your sets. I mean, Warped was my favorite Crash game, so I loved how you included Tiny.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That's a guy? Oh dear. He looks so female. <_<"]

Yeah, I think Square's kinda famous for that. It's like they give all their guy heros an extra X just to be on the safe side, or something.​

I never played the game he was in and didn't read the moveset, sorry. Mocking me because of that is unfair. ;-;

Aaw, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make fun of you...uh, I blame Lordwar again. (Yeah.)

ED IT -​

kitsuneko345 said:
Yo, Chief Cat! Why did you change your Avatar?!?! You were my mentor!!!

Anyways, I might send you a PM showing Justice because I'm having Trouble with names and playstyle. Is that ok with you?

Oh, you want the spiky guy back huh? Yeah well, I'm only visiting my friend Bitty for today, so I guess when I go home he'll put things back to normal. Maybe. (He's kinda flaky though...)

It's okay with me! (He'll probably hit me for making important decisions like this though...)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Haydes looks epic so far, BKupa. I can't say I'm nearly as big a fan of Haydes as Iago, though. When you going to post them. . .?

Or K&K, for that matter. . .

Upon K. Rool's request, I've turned my link up space into a gigantic advertisement. Take a look.
Whoa, I actually got my review mentioned. Woot!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
*Fully expected for mentioning of my link up space having advertisements to be ignored*

Eh, it's aight Spade, you were sorta like that in MYM 3 too, if I recall. I'll post my next moveset early in the morning rather then late at night, whenever that may be.

Warped is without a doubt the best Crash game, agreed Cruxis. Kudos to you for reading through that monster, or at least some of it. The Crash games hold a special significance to me from when I was a lad, it's a cryin' shame what the Bandicoot's been reduced to nowadays. . .

Your review actually was more detailed then K. Rool's, Ridley. How could I not include it? But then again, of course it was more detailed. . .Because YOU'RE TOO BIG!

MENDEZ AND I ARE BRAWLING. FEEL FREE TO JOIN.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Your review actually was more detailed then K. Rool's, Ridley. How could I not include it? But then again, of course it was more detailed. . .Because YOU'RE TOO BIG!
Speaking of Ridley, he's gonna be up next page, so, everybody, get ready to be blinded by the first and last good Ridley move set ever!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*Fully expected for mentioning of my link up space having advertisements to be ignored*

Eh, it's aight Spade, you were sorta like that in MYM 3 too, if I recall. I'll post my next moveset early in the morning rather then late at night, whenever that may be.
What... your post of the link space ads made me remember I never said something on your movesets. >_>"
Not to mention I'm doing that right now, as well.

As said, it was unfortunate that our paths didn't cross yet. I will try to say something at least a bit on time at your next moveset.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

Oh, you want the spiky guy back huh? Yeah well, I'm only visiting my friend Bitty for today, so I guess when I go home he'll put things back to normal. Maybe. (He's kinda flaky though...)

It's okay with me! (He'll probably hit me for making important decisions like this though...)
I'm good with the cat, though. I'm just starting to like him. Really though, It's your choice.

Thanks!!! It shall be done in...3-4 hours.

And what with the weird extra comments. I don't know I can take you seriously anymore...

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Kitsunkeko, how far along are you with Apollo? That thing must be amazing if it's taking so long to complete.
I Thinking About the Tilts right now. I use two paragraphs for most moves, but unfortunately I am the slowest typist in the world. Even Aborigines can type fasters than me.

But seriously, I think of every attack as a moveset itself. To me, it needs to past the qualifications of balance, detail, relevance, and playstyle. That's why it takes so long.

If you click apollo's button on my sig, It actually takes you to the workplace where I'm making Apollo himself!!! Check it out! (I think only the specials are present).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I Thinking About the Tilts right now. I use two paragraphs for most moves, but unfortunately I am the slowest typist in the world. Even Aborigines can type fasters than me.

But seriously, I think of every attack as a moveset itself. To me, it needs to past the qualifications of balance, detail, relevance, and playstyle. That's why it takes so long.

If you click apollo's button on my sig, It actually takes you to the workplace where I'm making Apollo himself!!! Check it out! (I think only the specials are present).
Well it's nice to see that you're taking your time with him and making sure that he's good from the start. That's admirable.

I checked out his work-space once, feels pretty solid to me so far. Nice way of implementing those zany catchphrases in the Phoenix Write games.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@kitsuneko:
You did, but shortly glancing over it, it didn't have an representing feel - and since I only have 4 quotes for each moveset, your review was left out - among MasterWarlord's and Chris Lionheart's review on all other movesets after Guntz. So... you're not alone ^^"

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Cornell's the guy that could transform into a werewolf, right?

The N64 Castlevania's were the only ones I played in the series. I liked 'em.

That spider boss where you play as that kid who became a knight or something was scary and I couldn't beat it D:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Cornell's the guy that could transform into a werewolf, right?

The N64 Castlevania's were the only ones I played in the series. I liked 'em.

That spider boss where you play as that kid who became a knight or something was scary and I couldn't beat it D:
Yeah, that's Cornell.

*readies HR for his debut*

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
@kitsuneko:
You did, but shortly glancing over it, it didn't have an representing feel - and since I only have 4 quotes for each moveset, your review was left out - among MasterWarlord's and Chris Lionheart's review on all other movesets after Guntz. So... you're not alone ^^"
I completely understand. I'm not that great with the reviews, really. I'm Decent, but not Sandbag status.

Still waiting for Ridley's Ridley....

Wait a second. Go, there should be a new page!!!!!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
YES, OH GREAT ONE, RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE…AGAIN!

HYPER_RIDLEY

Game of origin: Myself

After Ridley’s frozen corpse was destroyed in Metroid Fusion, a few space pirates found his remains. Understandably pissed off at their leader dying for the umpteenth time, they decided on a way to make Ridley truly immortal. Just like Adam, Ridley’s mind was uploaded to a computer. However, instead of being a simple navigation computer, he was installed into a powerful mechanical version of his body. Ridley’s mind was also stored onto a super-computer for backup purposes, with a direct link to his physical body, so if something should happen to his body, all the Space Pirates have to do is make a new one, upload him to it, and bingo, instant Ridley! Just add water.

Hyper_Ridley’s arsenal includes:
- 1 flame thrower in the back of the mouth, to allow for Hyper_Ridley to use his “natural” attack methods, and can also be switched to a “freeze thrower” for ice attacks
- 1 pair of titanium stainless steel fangs, each with their own special generator for making a potent poison
- 1 lightning dynamo where his heart would be that is his main power supply and surges electrical currents throughout his entire body, which are able to be used offensively
- 2 machine guns, one concealed in each hand
- 2 laser emitters in his eyes
-While this isn’t a weapon, he also has a voice module to allow him to speak comprehensible words. His voice is somewhat hissy and sounds like he’s whispering, though he can be heard just fine.

Oh, and he’s left-handed. Why? Because he just is!

After seeing the enormous success of this special project, the Space Pirates aimed their sights higher. After discovering a strange cat-like creature, they used it as the basis for a top-secret project. After some searching, Hyper_Ridley made an enormous discovery, that would easily supply him with the perfect specimens to test this new weapon on. The Space Pirates quickly and discretely set-up a base deep within the surface of the planet HR’s discovery was located on, and none of the pitiful inhabitants ever knew of their existence… until now.

[Shameless Advertising]What is this secret project? What has Hyper_Ridley discovered? All will be explained, in the exciting tale of Make Your Move randomness known as “Playing God”! [/Shameless Advertising]

OVERVIEW
Note: From this point onwards Hyper_Ridley will be referred to as HR.

Never before has a character had so many downfalls, and yet so many strengths! HR has got range, KO potential, and priority all on his side. And yet his ridiculous fall-speed and bad first jump mean he can barley effectively use his aerial game, and his most potent moves, including his main recovery move, require the use of his limited supply of energy. This in turn forces him to be aggressive with his punishable moves, all of which are laggy in some way, and several have strange hit boxes. Hyper_Ridley is a character that especially wants to focus on his strengths while trying to downplay his weaknesses.

STATS

Movement Speed: 6/10 (walk speed is pitifully slow, but dash speed is actually pretty good)
Traction: 3/10 (Rivaling Luigi in sliding)
Attack Speed: 2/10 (Really slow, practically every single move is laggy in some way, whether it be on the startup, end, or both)
Attack Strength: 8/10 (Lot’s of moves with either KO potential or simply highly damaging, though he rarely reaches the God-like damages of Ganondorf)
Range: 7/10 (While he has several moves that have insane range, several of his moves have specific hit boxes preventing his range from being absolute)
Priority: 9/10 (very few non-disjointed moves. Thank you high-tech weaponry!)
Weight: Basically Bowser’s weight.
Jump strength: 3/10 (the first jump is just to get him off the ground)
Second and Third Jump Strength: 6/10
Fall Speed: 9/10 (takes fast falling to a new level. This makes his aerial game and recovery trickier to use than it should be.)
Size: A little larger than Bowser. The space pirates decided that having a screen filling goliath, while it may be intimidating, is simply TOO BIG of a target to be effective in battle, so his new robotic body is toned down somewhat. His size is also affected by his standing pose, in which he is hunched over, standing only on his back legs, while his neck is bent in an S shape so he can see ahead properly. As a final note on size (only fitting that Ridley would have a huge size description), his tail does not have a hurt box and simply drags along with rag-doll physics when not in use.

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Glide: HR’s glide is slightly faster than Charizard’s due to being more streamlined.

Lightning Dynamo: Since HR’s body is only a prototype, the kinks haven’t been all worked out. One of these kinks is that his energy supply in not unlimited. Using electrical attacks in HR’s arsenal, which receive their power directly from his internal dynamo, will consume HR’s equivalent of blood.

At the start of each round HR’s glowing nodes that you see along his body and tail will be colored yellow (they appear blue in the pic). This is important. The color of the nodes represents how much bars of energy you have, following the color of the rainbow for easy remembrance:

Red = 0
Orange = 1
Yellow = 2
Green = 3
Blue = 4
Purple = 5

Each lightning attack uses up one or more bars of energy, as indicated by the attack. To regain energy, you have to damage opponents with non-lightning attacks, which fill up a small bar on the top of HR’s HUD. So that’s what I mean by bars! It takes 30% to fill up a bar, in which case HR’s nodes go up a level and any leftover damage from the attack that filled it goes towards the new bar. It’s even color coded to the level that it will bring you to (so if you’re currently at green level, the bar is blue, showing you’re working towards blue level). Convenient, yes? When HR reaches purple level, the bar disappears, at least until you need it again. To make things even simpler, all attacks take up exactly full amounts of bars, no half-bars or anything like that. Finally, HR’s level is reset to yellow each time he is KOd.

Attack names that are underlined instead of having a special color designate attacks that use energy in some way.

Tl;dr version: Lightning attacks make you go down one or more color levels of energy, every 30% you deal with non-lightning attacks make you go up one color level. GOT IT?!

Pros:
Several extremely strong moves
Lots of disjointed moves
Lots of moves that have good range, distance-wise
Best grab range in the game
Primary recovery move has excellent range
Heavy

Cons:
SLOW!
Big target
Sluggish walking speed
Terrible traction
Fall speed so high that aerial game suffers
Grab is laggy and the throws aren’t that good
Many of the strongest and most ranged moves require dynamo power to use…
…For that matter, the dynamo forces HR to be aggressive with slower moves to build up his power, making him take high risks sometimes in order to access his arsenal
Some moves have very specific hit boxes
Absurdly high fall speed + not amazing midair jumps + primary recovery move is a tether + primary recovery move requires dynamo power = good luck recovering!

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

A: “Uppercut Backhand”: HR quickly lifts his arm. It’s so fast that it is able to damage his opponents, hence the term “backhand. It has great range due to the length of his arms, hitting a good distance in front of HR, and covering a good vertical distance as well. 6% with low knockback, and it has low priority. A nice simple but effective attack.

AA: “Lightning Fingers”: HR then points his left arm forwards and fires a stream of lighting out of its finger tips. The lighting coils around each other, forming a tightly wound beam that goes 1/3 of battlefield and is disjointed. Normally, he just fires this straight ahead for .4 seconds, and looses 1 energy bar. However, you may hold A and move the control stick to whip the lightning around like Sheik’s chain, in which case you lose1 bar of energy for every additional 1.5 seconds using this move. It doesn’t do much knockback, but simply deals 3% each time you are hit by the whipping lightning.

>A: “Toxic Bite”: HR lunges his neck forwards as he chomps hard with his jaws. Considering how long his neck is, this move has good range. If you are hit in front of his fangs, you take 9% with average knockback and this has average priority. If you hit at the fang’s position in HR’s mouth or behind (since at that point you’ll still hit his fangs), He shakes you around in his mouth for a moment as he injects venom into your body, and then tosses you away. You take the same damage and knockback, but you are poisoned for 3 seconds, and take 2% per second. This part counts as a grab. Very little startup lag, but above average end lag. Overall, a pretty interesting sweet-spot move, as you may actually want to not hit with the fangs occasionally for spacing purposes.

VA: “Scorpion Sting”: From his crouching position HR whips his tail over his head like a scorpion stinging with its tail, hence the move name. It is long enough that it goes completely to the ground a slight distance in front of HR, bending in an arc in the air over his back. Only the initial whip can damage foes, for 12% and average knockback, but for the brief time the tail holds that position (about .2 seconds), it can negate projectiles. While this is a useful move, it does have drawbacks. First, it has a very specific hitbox due to the arc and distance it whips, and because only the spear-like tip on the end has the hit box (though the entire tail can negate projectiles). Second, the move has average startup and end lag. So while this can be a good move, it is situational, as you can’t be close at all to use it effectively.

^A: “Thunder Clap: HR claps his hands above his head. While his arm-length helped him in the A attack, in this case it’s somewhat of a hindrance, as his hands clap together high in the air. It does 11% with above average knockback and has decent priority, but it can really only be used as an anti-air attack. Average startup and end lag.

Now, if you wish, you may press the A button just as the hands clap together for HR to slowly separate his hands as an electric current runs between them. This is disjointed and does 12% with above average knockback. However, it still can only hit airborne foes, and it takes a bar of energy to do this. On the bright side, when HR finishes this, there is very little end lag, so it gives you more damage time with less lag time. Good deal I might say.

Dash Attack: “Hell Froze Over”: HR sinks his claws into the ground to stop his movement. He then immediately opens his mouth and starts to spew forth a massive stream of ice from his mouth cannon that looks similar to the Ice Climber’s down special, only this one goes farther, about 1/3 of battlefield. It is disjointed and deals 4% for every second you are caught in it, and it lasts for 4 seconds (!), but it is extremely easy to DI out of, as easy as it was to DI staryu’s attack in melee. There is a 6% chance of freezing the opponent. While there is almost no startup lag, there is above average end lag as HR holds his position for a few moments as the ice stream fizzles out.

Smash Attacks

FSmash: “Thunder-storm Wing Blades”: HR leans back as his wings start to spread and electricity courses through them, creating electrical surges that stick out of the wings like a bunch of spikes. He then leans forwards as he claps his wings together in front of himself, causing the electricity to crackle as they contact each other. The spikes reach slightly farther than Ike’s sword, which is good as the wings themselves don’t do damage, so HR cannot be directly next to his foe to hit with this move (unless it’s someone huge like Bowser). This move also has great vertical range, hitting in a good area vertically, and it hits the entire area it affects at once.

Now, let’s talk speed and damage. First off, this move is STRONG! Getting hit by these disjointed lightning blades deals 20% (28% charged) and high knockback. However, on the flipside, this move is SLOW AS BALLS! It has .1 seconds less startup lag than a warlock punch as HR creates the lightning blades. Additionally, it has a fair amount of end lag. And with all lightning attacks, this takes energy away to use it, in this case, 2 bars instead of one.

However, HR does have one extra trick he can perform. At any point during the end lag, you may press A for HR to quickly turn his back to the camera and spread his wings apart, striking with the blades on each side of himself simultaneously. While this happens pretty quickly, this is much weaker than the initial strike, doing only 12% and above average knockback. And it takes a seconds bar of energy to keep the lightning blades out for this extended period of time. Regardless, this gives HR a good fake-out opportunity, as he has a big window of time to perform this attack in, and it does good damage for its speed. The ending lag after this is the same as if you had not done this extra hit.

DSmash: “Rain of Fire”: HR once again opens his jaws, and fires a massive swarm of fire balls straight ahead that travel forwards ½ of battlefield. While each one only does 2% with no knockback or hit stun, and have low priority, when I say “swarm”, I mean that HR fires anywhere from 20-30 fireballs in a tightly packed stream, depending on how long you charge! However, there is a tremendous amount of startup lag as HR prepares this massive assault, 2 full seconds, half a second longer than a warlock punch. And there is also a lot of end lag as HR has to recharge for a full second afterwards. The best damage racker in the game if you can pull this off, but nothing more.

USmash: “Darkened Skies”: HR gets down on all fours and shoots several balls of electricity out of his body into the air. They fly up about twice HR’s height upwards and then quickly form a horizontal line in the air in which they are spaced out Dedede’s width away from each other. After a few moments, they all simultaneously turn into a bolt of lightning and strike downwards to the ground/pit, and anything in their way takes 14% (20% charged) and good knockback. The bolts are disjointed. While this move has fantastic “range”, enemies can simply stand in between the orbs to avoid damage, and HR cannot move until the bolts all disappear, though he can move almost instantly when that happens. There is also technically a fair amount of startup lag as the orbs have to set themselves up. This takes one bar of energy to perform, naturally.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: “Fire-arm Vanquish”: HR points his open palms forwards as a small hole opens in each of them. He then fires 6 bullets from his hands forwards that travel infinitely and do 4% each but no knockback or hit stun but have great priority.

However, while doing this, HR also fires a thin green energy beam from his eyes. This beam travels a decent distance in front of his eyes, maybe as far as Ike is tall. It is disjointed and deals 8% with average knockback. This could be considered a sweet spot, but it’s a pretty strange one at that. While the move has average startup lag, it has above average end lag, making this a very punishable move if you don’t space it properly. The final thing to note is that the laser beam is actually able to be reflected.

Fair: “It Burns!”: HR starts beating his wings as he opens his mouth and begins to spew fire from his mouth-canon while looking downwards. The wing flapping halves the speed at which he is falling, and the fire is as long as a full power Bowser fire-breath, and it is disjointed. It deals 4% per second you are caught in it and lasts for 2 seconds, and the final hit does average knockback. There is below average startup lag, but above average end lag as HR waits for the fire to stop… firing.

Bair: “Slap of Zeus”: HR holds out his left hand while electrical energy from his dynamo builds up on it, creating a crackling aura around his hand. After some time, he immediately twists his body around and swats at the space behind himself with that hand, and then he returns to his normal position. Pulling back his hand creates an orb of electrical energy the size of Kirby where the hand hit the air.

Okay, that’s all well and good, but what does the move actually do? First, if you are hit by the initial swipe, you take 12% and good knockback, but the move has more startup lag than an Ike FSmash as HR charges his hand, so it evens out. While HR’s arm can of course reach very far, the hit-box is only in his hand, so proper spacing is also required. The swat has average priority and if HR is out prioritized, he does not get to create the lingering orb afterwards. Fortunately, HR does the wing-beating thing from his Fair during this move to halve his fall speed, so the attack can actually come out.

If the orb is created, it stays in place for 2 seconds before dissipating. If an enemy touches it during this time, the orb explodes, dealing 12% and average knockback to anyone hit by the explosion. The moment HR returns to his normal position, he may immediately move again, so he has about 1.7 seconds to move around while his trap is out. If you couldn’t tell by now, this takes a bar of energy to do.

Uair: “It’s Snowing!”: HR points his mouth upwards and once again fires some ice out of his mouth-cannon. It only goes about one Bowser height upward, is disjointed (but you knew that), and anyone hit by it takes 10% a second as it lasts for 1 second (lol) and the last hit does average vertical knockback. A cool side-effect of this move is that the ice breath also creates slow moving, falling snowflakes that have decent priority but do 2% with no knockback or hit stun. If none of the ice-breath hits anything, 10 snowflakes are created, one for each hit on the initial ice-breath While the move doesn’t have much startup lag, as with HR’s other breath attacks, it has above average end lag as the mouth-canon ceases fire.

Dair: “Tail Jab”: What’s a Ridley move set without a move like this? Nothing, that’s what! HR surges some energy into his tail as he spear-like tip radiates electricity. He then jabs his tail straight downwards as far as it can go before it hits something, whether it be the ground or an enemy. If he hits an enemy with the SPEAR-TP ONLY, they take 15% and are spiked. If the tail hits the ground, HR will pull himself to the ground. In addition to requiring one bar of energy to activate, it has a fair amount of startup and end lag, to offset its excellent range and great power. Use it wisely.

Gair: “Clear For Landing”: HR leans back so his talons are facing forwards and he comes falling down at a 45 degree angle with claws extended. If he hits the ground, he skids a very short distance while his claws keep his grip. If he falls for twice his height before hitting the ground, he ends his glide. Anyone he hits while falling takes10% with average knockback but HR’s body has low priority due to the big hit box. Anyone who is hit by the landing skid takes 6% with low knockback but this time HR’s body has good priority.

Special Moves

B: “Ultimate Thunder Cannon”: HR gets down on all fours and opens his mouth so wide that it looks like a fully opened bear-trap. Energy then starts to flow from his dynamo to his mouth in such great numbers that you could have sworn he has an unlimited amount of the stuff. You can see a blue glow starting to emit from his mouth.

After he’s done charging, which takes as a little longer than a Falcon Punch, HR blasts a massive blue beam of electricity from his gaping jaw that is as tall as his opened mouth and travels infinitely across the stage until it hits something, and it’s disjointed. If that something happens to be an enemy, they take 18% and high knockback.

So, the move has infinite range, great power, and is disjointed. Broken! No, not really. Not only does this move have more startup lag than a Falcon Punch (not a lot more, but still, it’s really slow), but it takes ALL FIVE bars of energy to perform, so you’ll rarely ever get the chance to attempt it unless you like hoarding your energy supply. It also has a lot of end lag as HR waits until the beam fizzles out before closing his mouth, signifying that he can move again.

If done in the air, HR will hover in place using his wings while performing the move.

>B: “Through the Fire and Flames”: HR gets on all fours and starts growling. After a moment, he leaps forwards, turns so that he is belly-up, and starts to spew fire from his mouth upwards that goes as far as Ike is tall. Getting hit by the fire, which lasts for 1 second, will actually only deal a single hit, 14% and above average knockback. HR will be left lying on his back if he lands on the ground while doing this move and will continue firing. If he ends the move in the air, he will enter free-fall.

This move works differently if initiated in the air. In this case, HR just flies forwards with his body outstretched while looking down, firing some more flames as he roars. He moves the same speed and distance as an 80% charged Green Missile. This move has the same startup and end lag as Green Missile as well. While this is a good horizontal recovery move, it is a bad attack move in most cases, as the only hit box is the fire, leaving HR vulnerable from the front, top and back.

^B: “Headache”: HR straightens his neck vertically while looking up. His head then flies off his neck upwards, about the height of Ike, while remaining connected to his body via a pair of electric currents running between his head and neck. Once this is done, which takes a brief moment, you can move HR’s head around in any direction using the control stick, and his head will looks in that direction as it moves around, jaws open. You may move his head up to half of battlefield away from his neck before the move automatically cancels, and his head moves as fast as Pit’s ^B. It takes one bar of energy to start-up this attack, and one additional bar of energy for every 1.5 seconds the head is out after it can start to be controlled. If the energy runs out, you press B, or you go out of range before you actually grab anything with the head, his head will simply fly back towards his neck and quickly lock in place, giving this move average end lag.

If you hit someone with the open jaws, HR snaps shut, grabbing them and reeling them back to his body as he reattaches his head to his neck, and takes them from his mouth to his left hand. At this point, the move functions like Bowser’s old side-special (hey, that awesome move needs a revival somehow!), where you can tap the A button to bite them for 4% apiece while the enemy struggles to get free, or you can press forwards to toss the enemy away for 12% and average knockback.

If this move is performed in the air, it works similarly, but with a few notable differences. First, HR will do his wing-beating to help keep himself aloft while performing this move. Second, if he hits a grab able ledge with his jaws, he will hold onto it using his teeth, and the move now functions like a tether recovery. HR will still loose energy while hanging, so pull yourself up quick! Note that the invisible timer for energy usage stops the moment the move either cancels or you grab an enemy, as HR’s head pulls back too quickly for the dynamo to bother expending more power doing it.

VB: “Energy Relocation”: HR closes his eyes and growls a little as red energy starts flowing from his dynamo. After about 1 second, he is able to be moved again. What this move does is give HR 30% while giving him a bar of energy. This can be useful if you’re at a low percent, or desperately need one more bar for your current attack plan, but remember that 30% is a lot even on a heavyweight.

Final Smash

“The Demon of Thunder”: HR leaps off the top of the screen and reappears in the center, in the background. He curls up and then spread his limbs and wings while roaring, in a motion similar to Tabbuu’s animation for the off-waves. The actual final smash’s strength is determined by how many bars of energy you have when activating it. You need at least one to even use the final smash in the first place. Beyond that, HR’s appearance, as well as the move itself, grow more extreme with each bar of energy you have.

At one bar, HR is surrounded by an electrical aura, and many bolts of lightning rain down one after the other, going from left to right in succession. These are spaced apart like the ones in HR’s USmash and deal 14% with above average knockback.

Two bars, HR’s fingers emit electrical “claws” in addition to the aura, and another set of lightning bolts come in, this time starting from the right. At the center where the two sets of bolts meet come a much larger bolt that deals 20% and high knockback.

Three bars, HR’s aura crackles more fiercely, and now some lightning bolts strike from the sides of the screen going horizontally! In addition to standing in between the other bolts, you now must time jumps to dodge these. They have the same damage and knockback as the regular vertical bolts but will most likely knock you into other bolts as well.

Four bars, HR’s talons and fangs now have electrical extensions, and now bolts come in from the diagonals! You’re starting to feel cramped aren’t you? Kaizo Mario players should be able to jump through the criss-crossing thunder storm, but everyone else should just spam spot-dodges and pray.

Finally, at five bars, HR’s wings give off massive electrical spikes, with that and the other visual effects making HR looks like some electrical version of Satan himself. At this level, in addition to the other stuff going on, the entire screen is covered with electrical energy, dealing no knockback or hit stun but is impossible to avoid, dealing up to 30% if you take the full effect of it.

After the final smash is finished, HR returns to the stage, and his dynamo energy is reset to yellow level.

Grabs

Grab Animation: HR whips his tail forwards, covering a good distance with it. If he hits an enemy, he reels them in, close to his body. As you’d expect with long range grabs, this has some startup lag to it, but its extreme range makes up for it, the longest grab range in the game.

Grab Attack: “Boa Constrictor”: HR squeezes the enemy with his tail for 3%, but it can’t be performed that quickly.

Fthrow: “Ridley Smash!”: HR grabs the victim with both hand and then lifts him or her above his head before throwing them forwards. Average knockback, but only does 6%

Bthrow: “Anti-sneak Strike”: HR turns around while releasing his foe with a lash of his tail, which sends them in the direction HR was originally facing for 5% and average knockback. After turning around he slashes forwards, and anyone hit by his far reaching arm takes 8% with above average knockback, but the slash has low priority. Probably HR’s best throw, since you can damage the grab victim while hitting anyone who tries to hit you from behind.

Uthrow: “Whiplash”: HR tosses his opponents upwards using his tail for 5%. If HR has a bar of energy, he will detach his head like in his ^B, grabs the opponent in midair, and whips his head down, slamming them back into the ground for an additional 8% and above average knockback. HR then reattaches his head to his neck. This move is only worth using if you can do the second hit, but even then, you may be better off saving that energy for something else.

Dthrow: “Fire Storm”: HR fires some hot breath in his victim’s face, dealing up to 10% and ending with average knockback. Not a terrible throw, but like HR’s other throws, it’s not exactly a must-use move to succeed.

Other Attacks

Get-up Attack (front) : “Corkscrew Hop”: HR quickly hops off the ground, straightens his body and starts to rapidly spin like a drill. He keeps his tail wrapped around his body during this move so the hit-box isn’t ridiculously large. He spins for 1 second, and anyone who hits him during this time takes 10% and average knockback, but HR’s body has low priority. After he’s done spinning he lands back on his feet and returns to his standing position.

Get-up Attack (back): “OOOO, it Glows!”: HR spreads his wings and roars as a wave of electrical energy radiates out from his body, extending 3 kirbys outwards in all directions. Hitting this disjointed (surprise!) circle of death deals 12% and average knockback. After the energy wave fizzles out, HR props himself back up and gets ready for some more serious fighting. This move costs one bar of energy to perform.

Ledge Attack <100%: “My Ledge!”: HR turns his head around and begins to sweep his head up and down while letting loose with some more of his disjointed fire breath. It goes as far as Bowser’s B moves at 60% charge and lasts for 2 seconds. Anyone caught by it takes up to 12% and the final hit deals average knockback. Because HR is actually shooting away from the stage for this move, this is a great edge guarding attack, especially since HR is also holding on to the edge of the stage. However, he can’t use this move to attack enemies on the stage, as the fire doesn’t reach there. After his flamethrower fizzles out, he quickly climbs back up to the stage.

Ledge Attack 100%: “Losing Your Head”: HR stretches his neck back, and then he quickly thrusts it forwards while detaching his head from his body, sending it shooting straight forwards very quickly and it travels half of battlefield. The moment his head is detached, HR jumps up and over the edge, following his head. Anyone who is hit by his head takes 10% with average knockback, and the move has decent priority.

But here’s where the problem sets in. In order to conserve energy, HR didn’t bother activating the energy tethers to keep his head “connected” to his neck. This means that his head is left lying there on the ground, able to be picked up and thrown like an item by his enemies. Until HR retrieves his head, any moves using his head either don’t function at all or the parts involving his head don’t work (So for example in his Nair he cannot use the eye beams, whereas in his >A the move just can’t be used because it’s all based with his head and fangs). If his head is thrown into the abyss by an enemy, it’s gone until HR is KOd or uses his final smash. If HR makes contact with his head, even if it’s in the opponent’s hands, a small energy tether quickly grabs it and pulls it back to his neck, this taking no energy bars to do since it’s an emergency reserve.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Hyper_Ridley at first appears to be really easy to play. You have plenty of disjointed moves, great range, some moves with excellent KO potential, and… oh my God what happened why can’t I use FSmash anymore?! Ah, the moment you learn just how easy it is to run out of dynamo energy.

Okay, so as you’ve probably figured out, managing HR’s energy supply is a big part of wining with him. At the start of every stock, you being with two, and get one more for every 30% you deal with non-lightning attacks, up to five. Now, with these, you have access to some powerful moves. You’ve got an FSmash that makes Ike cower in fear, an USmash that has extreme range, an ^A enhancer that gives you more damage for less lag, among other things. However, you cannot simply spam these moves, because in addition to their inherent weaknesses (i.e. FSmash is really slow), each use takes up one or more energy bars. If you want to use one of your precious bars, then you’d better make sure that you’ll either connect or not be terribly vulnerable if you miss.

Other than that, your non-energy attacks have their own uses. One of HR’s most commonly used moves is his >A. It has good startup lag and can poison foes if you hit with the sweet spot, though it has bad end lag if you miss. This also has a very interesting sweet spot to take into account, due to requiring HR to be closer than the non-sweet spot, and it’s a grab instead of an attack. This means that you have some interesting decisions to make. Do you want to go for distance with an attack? Would you rather take some more risk to poison your foe?

Unfortunately, HR’s other ground options begin to show HR’s biggest flaw; he has to be aggressive with punishable attacks to regain his energy. The first hit of his A combo has low priority. His VA has a hit box that requires specific range. His ^A only works against aerial enemies. The worst offender is his dash attack. Sure, it has great disjointed range and can do lots of damage if you connect with all the hits, but HR stops moving the instant you start it, meaning that you can’t take advantage of the range if you want to use it to approach, and the end lag makes it punishable if you do get close. Extreme care and quick thinking is required for HR’s offensive game to be effective. If you desperately need energy, you can use Energy Relocation to give yourself a quick fix, but it deals yourself 30%. Yeah, don’t spam it.

HR’s aerial game doesn’t help matters. His terrible first jump combined with his insane fall speed means that SHFFing with HR actually requires a full jump to pull off. His Nair will get out with this strategy, but it’s only worth using if you can connect with the sweet spot, which only works against other enemies in the air. Fair is actually a nice choice, since it has good startup lag, aims downwards, and HR’s wing effect during this move temporarily slows his fall speed. Bair is so **** slow that even with its own wing effect you can only really use this move when you use a second jump, and even then it’s only really worth it for the great aerial bobby trap, but wait, that requires energy! Uair doesn’t slow HR’s descent but it can be useful for juggling. However, never ever use HR’s Dair with only one energy bar remaining. This move has bad starting lag and doesn’t even have the wing-effect, and since it only works as a stage spike, you’d better have some energy to use Headache afterwards. It’s usually better to attack aerial combatants with ^A for Headache, especially Headache. It’s got great range, good damage, and you can usually catch foes before you use more than the activation cost. Now that’s using your head (wah, wah, waaaaaaaah)

Now, KOing is HR’s strongest point. After you’ve sufficiently damaged your foes and brought up your energy level, it’s time to go for the kill. HR has a large amount of options for KOing. His most common is FSmash, as even if the first hit misses, he still has an excellent fake-out with the optional second hit, and if he doesn’t use it the enemy may be too afraid to take the chance, making it safe to use. Bair’s use finally comes to light, as the initial swing can KO, and he can always use the trap part to edge guard. Of course, FSmash is also good for edge guarding due to its range. But by far the best move to try out in this situation is DSmash. While it’s extreme lagginess requires precision timing, if you can release it into your opponent’s recovery, you can deal up to 60% with a full charge! Granted, you’ll very rarely ever reach that amount, and if you did, your opponent is so bad that you may as well have finished them off anyhow. USmash can be used sometimes to KO since it has great potential range, but this is another move that can has specific points at which it can damage foes. If HR feels confident in his ability to use non-electrical attacks, then he can try to use Ultimate Thunder Canon for a mighty KO.

Recovering with HR can be either heaven or hell, depending on how you need to recovery. If you’re high in the air away from the stage, you can use HR’s side special to give yourself good horizontal distance, and if you still need a little push, an aerial Headache has the fall-speed modifier, which combined with its range makes it an excellent tether recovery. Just remember that it needs energy to be used, needs to be manually directed to the stage, and is still somewhat vulnerable to gimping, though HR can suicide with potential edge hoggers with this move. HR even has a glide to further sweeten the deal. However, if you find yourself launched at a low trajectory, you’re basically screwed. HR’s ridiculous fall speed is simply too high for his mid air jumps to handle, and by that point you may have fallen too far for even Headache to save you.

So, to recap: HR is best played by focusing on his ground game, especially his >A, to carefully build damage in order to build up energy to use his electrical attacks, which in turn give him excellent KO options and some more options in general. However, his ground game is punishable which makes it difficult to hastily regain dynamo power. His air game has its uses but is much harder to use than it should be due to his jump and fall speed. He’s a monster when it’s KO time, and even more vicious when it comes to edge guarding. He can recover fine from up high, but he is already dead from down low. HR may be the most powerful being the Galactic Federation has ever known, but remember, Ridley’s always had brains to go with his brawn, and that’s no different now that he’s a machine.

OTHER

Idle: As explained in the size description, he is hunched over, standing only on his back legs, while his neck is bent in an S shape so he can see ahead properly.
Crouch: HR gets down on all fours, looking much more comfortable in this state.
Walk: HR slowly hobbles forwards
Dash: HR lifts of the ground and glides along, similar to Meta Knight.
Jump: HR simply does a quick hop to himself into the air
Midair Jump: HR flaps with his steel wings, propelling himself a decent distance higher. Now if we could just do something without that fall speed.
Roll: HR does a turning skid in the direction he rolls.
Side Step: HR quickly takes a short step to one side
Shield: HR forms an electrical looking shield around himself while covering his body with his hands. The shield functions like a standard shield, and despite the appearance, does not take away energy, just being a cool graphical effect.
Air Dodge: HR leans to the side
Dizzy: HR falls over, holding up himself with one hand and clutching at his “heart” with the other
Sleep: HR’s neck and head fall to the ground as he enters “sleep mode”. Hey, he’s a robot, after all
Wiimote Noise: HR growls a little
Star KO: Hyper_Ridley finally opens his trap in this move set. Let’s see what he has to say: “No… you all suck!” Probably what he’s saying after every encounter with Samus >_>
Kirby Hat: Looks like HR’s top jaw. Since Kirby doesn’t have to rely on an energy supply to use Ultimate Thunder Canon, some changes are necessary. Kirby’s version of the move has halved damage, knockback, and travels as far as 1/3 of battlefield, but it retains its disjointedness. Lag times remain the same, but Kirby’s infinite use of the thing means he can actually spam it a little.
Logo: Metroid Logo
Win Music: Samus’
Credits Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMGi6x2LRU&feature=related

Special Animations

Entrance: HR appears on the stage in a display of lightning, and he stretches as he roars.
Taunt1: HR strikes at the ground with one of his hands and says “Imagine yourself where my hand just went”
Taunt2: HR pulls his tail in front of himself and draws a circle in the ground with it. He then says, “This is where you’ll die!”
Taunt3: HR clenches a fist and forms a little bit of electricity in it. He says, “Shocking, I know.” No one ever said that Ridley was immune to puns.
Win1: HR flies onto the screen while roaring. He lands and shoots some fire at the camera.
Win2: HR begins charging up an Ultimate Thunder Canon to fire at the losers, but a bug flies by and he turns to shoot that instead. He then says, “I…hate…bees…”
Win3: HR does the “evil finger-contemplation” and says “So this is what victory feels like… feels good…”
Lose: HR lies on his back and slowly claps, not bothered to show any more respect than that.

Alt Colors

1) Default
2) Purple metal becomes blue (blue team)
3) Purple metal becomes green (green team)
4) Purple metal becomes red (red team)
5) Purple metal becomes white
6) Purple metal becomes black

Snake Codec

Snake: Oh no, Ridley’s here!
Otacon: That’s not actually Ridley. That’s Hyper_Ridley. He’s a robotic version of Ridley made to give his mind a more permanent home.
Snake: So it’s still Ridley then, just in different skin. Does his status as a robot change his fighting style at all?
Otacon: For the most part, he acts the same. However, he is now capable of shooting ice-breath in addition to his fire assaults, and his heart allows him to channel electric currents into potent weaponry.
Snake: So it’s like Ridley on steroids, huh? Time to get out the ol’ bazooka
Otacon: Oh, that won’t be enough to shut him down for good. His brain is linked to a super computer, the moment you destroy one body his minions will just crank out another.
Snake: How’s that any different than before he became a robot?
Otacon: Before he had skin?
Snake: *sarcastically* Hahaha, very funny Otacon. I’ll just worry about this one for now.

Unlock Info

How to Unlock: Complete Classic with Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Ridley-X and the other Ridleys that will inevitably be made in MYM.
Unlock message: “Hyper_Ridley has joined the Brawl! Watch out Samus!”

STAGE - PIRATE FORTRESS

Black Lines are floors/walls, blue lines are drop-throughs, colored circles are warp pads. Stand on one and press up to warp between the two circles of the same color. Orange box is lava.

So, the first thing you may notice is that this stage is HUGE! This is easily the biggest stage in the game. So how do you expect to find yourself with four characters running amok? Three words baby, SPLIT SCREEN BRAWL!

Yes, the screen is split up into multiple pieces, depending on how many players/cpus there are. CPUs get their own screen so you can spy on their position like the other players. The camera on each screen is zoomed out a good amount so you can see around yourself.

While this is a huge stage, there are a lot of open areas on the sides to KO foes, preventing a cave-of-life scenario. The warp pads also stop stallers, since you can simply pursue them with a different one, and the warp pads take 10 seconds to recharge, preventing a constant back-and-forth retreat. Granted, it would still probably be banned, but hey, it would be fun for non-tourney matches.

Music

Metroid Prime 2: Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 2: Mutated Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 3: Gandrayda
Metroid Prime 3: Rundas
G Darius: Final Boss
Halo 3: Main Theme

FUN FACTS ABOUT HYPER_RIDLEY

Hyper_Ridley is left-handed.

Hyper_Ridley owns every single Nintendo system ever made except for Virtual Boy. He also owns a PS2.

Hyper_Ridley’s favorite games include Super Mario Bros 3, Gears of War 2, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and God of War 2.

Hyper_Ridley is currently a sophomore in college. He is a major in computer science.

Hyper_Ridley is 75% German. His father actually is an immigrant from Germany.

Hyper_Ridley has several pets, including a cat, a weird fish thing that he doesn’t know the species of, and a tarantula aptly named “critter”

Hyper_Ridley likes to sleep-in on the weekends.

Hyper_Ridley’s favorite food is lasagna.

Hyper_Ridley has many friends. Some of those friends include a kremling commander, a detail nazi, a fawks, a chief with a Spanish sounding name, and a frogman who dances. Hyper_Ridley apologizes to everybody he left out, he couldn’t think of a silly way to mention you.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Shake~: Yes, he's the guy from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

In the form I'm using him, he will constantly be in his wuffie form, though (based on Judgment), because I have lost my CV64 cartridge.

They are considered being bad and/or non-canon among fans, so take your guess how good the 2D series are. ;D
Even though I'm such a diehard fan that I love all CV games equally... though Super Castlevania IV and Portrait of Ruin maybe a bit more.

(excluding the latest two games - Judgment and Order of Ecclesia - since I don't have them yet)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Great moveset HR
The energy bar system reminded me of Pichu, but a more complex and interesting version.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
How about a preview?!

Heres what I have for the Sandbags so far.

The Sandbags

Unique Switching Mechanic:
Each member of the team has a usable Down B. Unlike most Down B's, these have no effect until you release B. While you hold B, press Up or Left to switch to the previous team member and Down or Right to switch to the next team member.

Sir Kibble

^Picture a human sized one of these with more human body proportions and arms and legs. Wields double boomerangs.^

Background:
Sir Kibble is the "knight in shining armor" or the "good cop" of the Sandbags. One of the original Sandbags, Kibble has now become Sir Sandbag Supreme. Sir Kibble wields steel-bladed double boomerangs. His attacks tend to be fast and not to powerful. What lies in his soul is honor.

Specials:
Neutral B- Boomerang Split
Kibble faces the screen and throws one boomerang to the left and one boomerang to the right. The boomerangs fly in a wide, almost rectangular arc. They fly at the same speed as Link's "rangs" but due to their much wider arc they take a bit longer to return. The boomerangs go half the distance of FD and deal 5% damage and decent knockback.

Side B- Boomerang Blades
Kibble throws his left boomerang forward. It travels in a wide, almost rectangular arc. It fly's at the same speed as Link's "rangs" but due to its much wider arc it takes a bit longer to return. This dravels half the distance of Final Destination. The boomerang deals 5% damage and decent knockback. You can still perform attacks based on your right boomerang before it returns. You can also throw your right boomerang for a second projectile.

Up B- Roper-rang
Kibble ties a rope to one of his boomerang quickly and throws it. It hooks to the stage, if applicable, making for a tether recovery. This boomerang travels quickly and deals 5% damage and low knockback.

Down B- Counter-Rang
Kibble performs a traditional counter. Unlike most counters, this only launches a counter hit against projectile attacks. Melee attacks will still be blocked, but no counter hit will be performed. The boomerang thrown by Sir Kibble deals 1x the damage and knockback of the counter projectile (proving very useful against Charge Specials and Pikachu's Thunder) with a minimum damage of 3%. This boomerang moves faster than the normal boomerang, and is actually a "spare rang", not taking away from Kibble's ability to attack while he waits for it to return.

Mendez "The Chief"

Background:
Mendez is one of the original Sandbags. Reknowned as being an expert moveset maker and reviewer, Mendez receives a lot of respect. Mendez wields a very special gun which has many modes and is the group's projectile specialist. At melee range, Mendez can use a whip gun or a bayonet. What lies in his soul is justice.

Specials:
Neutral B- Sniper Mode
Mendez's gun changes to its Sniper Mode. If it wasn't already in this mode, then you must press the B button again. While you Hold B, an aiming reticule, or cursor appears on the screen. Control the reticule until it is over your opponent, much like the Dragoon. The reticule is smaller than the one for the Dragoon, but its still a reasonable size. Release B to fire the shot. Unlike most projectile's this doesn't have a set horizontal reach, automatically missing if the shot isn't fired right on the foe. This can be avoided with a properly timed side-step, much like the Dragoon. This deals 7% damage and good knockback.

Side B- Shot Gun
Mendez's gun changes to Shot Gun Mode. If it wasn't already in this mode, you must press Side B a second time. Mendez shoots a bullet that splits into several shells, becoming much less effective at a distance. The bullets fly at the same speed as Fox's blaster. At close range, this deals 7% damage and great knockback. At far range, this deals 1% damage and flinching.

Up B- Hook Gun
Mendez's gun switches to Hook Mode. If it wasn't already in this mode you will have to press Up B a second time. While you hold the B button, you can aim this up, down, left, right and in any intermediate direction. Release B to fire the hook. This can grab the edge of the stage, but unlike most tethers, it can also hook directly into the stage, allowing you to bypass edgeguarding. The arc of the shot is based on the direction, ranging from barely any vertical to very high vertical arc. This can hook into a foe, causing you to be pulled to them. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) both you and the foe are tied together if this happens and fall down to the stage... or to your dooms! This leads to Mendezside. This deals 5% damage and no knockback.

Down B- Whip Gun
Mendez's love for Castlevania shows in his gun. When you press Down B, Mendez's gun switches to Whip Mode. If it wasn't already in this mode, you must press Down B again. A long black whip comes out of the barrel of your gun. This causes you to use the whip instead of your bayonet in attacks. The advantage to this is that your attacks will have greater reach, making you more effective at melee. Of course you will have to switch to another mode to use your projectiles, once again replacing your Whip with the bayonet.

The Lion Heart

^Picture this but with brown hair, and less bulky^
Lion Form- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/White_Lion.jpg

Background:
The Lion Heart, aka Chris, is the most under-rated member of the Sandbags. One of the original Sandbags, he is intelligent and slow to stress. The Lion Heart is a white lion laguz from Tellius. Unlike most laguz, he actually wields a weapon in human form. He wields a longsword named "le Blade de Lion" in human form. While in lion form, this blade is sheathed on his back. What lies in his soul is courage.

Specials:
Neutral B- Blade Tornado/Roar
Human Form- Blade Tornado
Not quite like Metaknight's "*****-nado". This is quite slow in comparison. It is more comparable to Luigi's Down B, though the movement is slower and the horizontal reach of the tornado is much greater. Chris spins in a circle, utilizing the long reach of his blade. When the tornado ends, he gets a bit dizzy for a second before snapping out of it. In comparison to its punishable ending lag, the beginning lag is fairly low. The spinning deflects projectiles. This move deals 10% damage and great knockback.
Lion Form- Roar
Chris lets out a loud roar. This has rougly twice the reach of Jigglypuff's sing and stuns all nearby foes for 1-2 seconds (based on proximity, with closer ranges meaning longer stun). This has fairly high beginning lag, meaning you wouldn't want to use it up close. The great thing about this move is that it is decent for interrupting nearby foes and allowing you to take advantage of their temporary vulnerability.

Down B- Form Shift
Chris switches between his human and lion form. His human form possesses a much better reach, as a well as a better recovery. His lion form is much heavier and possesses more speed.

Master Warlord

Background:
Master Warlord is one of the new Sandbags and is the group's melee weapon specialist. He is considered to be the "bad cop" of the group due to his painfully true critique. He is the heaviest member of the team, overall (being heavier than Chris's human form and lighter than his lion form) and a brilliant tactician. His movement speed is slow, but his attacks are well-rounded. He wields a mighty lance named the Warblade. What lies in his soul is truth.

Unique Mechanics:
Shouts-
Master Warlord relies not only on weapon based attacks but also on tactical shouts and commands. There is much power in his voice. His negative war cries affect enemies (and allies when friendly fire is on). His positive war cries affect himself and his allies. Generally his shouts have a range of half of Final Destination. These shouts are generally lag-less and have a recharge time.

Specials:
Neutral B- "FEAR ME!"
Type- Negative Shout
Any affected by this move will become weakened, dealing 2% less damage for 3 seconds. Takes 5 seconds to recharge.

Side B- "CHARGE!"
Type- Positive Shout
The movement speed of you and all affected allies increases by 20% (changing your speed from 1/5 to 2/5) for 10 seconds. Takes 15 seconds to recharge.

Up B- "I MUST RECOVER!"
Type- Positive Shout And Negative Shout
You and all effected players to jump (in the case of everyone else, against their will). This jump is 1.33x as far as your normal jumps. This is unique in that it effects even players in the helpless state, allowing you to assist the recovery of allied players. This move is also useful for forcing both you and your opponent into the air, allowing you to use aerial based moves against them more effectively as well as protecting yourself from aerial assaults (it interrupts the attack and forces them to jump.) Doesn't leave you helpless. This has a recharge of 5 seconds.

Down B- "WATCH YOURSELVES!"
Type- Positive Shout
You and all effected allies enter a counter position, performing a counter identical to Marth's, except that it only deals 1x the damage of the opponents attack with a minimum of 5%. This has a recharge of 3 seconds.

K. Rool "The King"

Background:
King K. Rool is the newest Sandbag. He is hard to describe but receives a lot of respect. He uses a cannon as his primary weapon, but also carries a dagger for self-defense. His melee attacks are fast and not to powerful but his projectile attacks can be devastating. What lies in his soul is vigilance.

Unique Mechanics:
Cannon-
K. Rool possesses a large field cannon with a long rope. To move the cannon, you must push it yourself. You possess a long rope that you can use to manipulate the cannon's direction of fire or trigger the cannon. The rope is long enough for you to move a maximum of the distance of Final Destination in circumference to the cannon.
Rope Durability-
You can't be KO'd traditionally. To be KO'd your rope must break and you must then be knocked off the stage. Your rope has a durability of 125%. You do not have a recovery move once your rope has been broken.

Specials:
Neutral B- Cannon Tilt
Pulls the rope just hard enough to change the direction of the cannon. Hold B and use the control stick to change your cannon's direction. The cannon can be aimed in any direction. If aimed downwards, the cannon will literally propel itself into the air a short distance when you fire it, dealing 6% damage and good knockback on the way up and 10% damage and great knockback on the way down.

Side B- Cannon Fire
King K. Rool pulls the rope of his cannon strongly, causing the cannon to fire its large round. This round flies at an average projectile speed and strikes for a mighty 20% damage and high knockback if it hits someone. Unfortunately this can strike both allies and enemies. The cannon ball keeps going until it leaves the stage.

Up B- Reload
If you are by your cannon, you reload it with a new cannon ball. This has fairly high lag on both ends. Your cannon can only hold one at a time.

Down B- Tripwire
Tugs at the rope (not hard enough to trigger the cannon) and turns it into a tripwire. Anyone who runs around the area of the rope trips and takes 3% damage. Naturally this is most effective when you are at maximum distance from the cannon.

Hope your all looking forward to this set as much as I am. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom