• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Mendez, Spade, and Tanookie: Since I'm going to be getting Castlevania Judgment for Christmans, I was thinking of making a Death move set. The thing is, I'm not very fond of his appearence in that game, I'd much rather use his badass Portrait of Ruin appearance. So, I'm just asking it it would be okay if he uses some moves from Judgment like his Hyper Attack despite having his POR appearance. I promise I'll try to do this awesome character justice, despite not aving a huge amount of expierence with the series as a whole I actually have some knowledge of this specific character, so I hope I live up to you guys' standards for a CV move set (and yes, I'll be copy-pasting the extras like in all of yours).
NO THAT'S NOT OKAY IT NEVER HAS BEEN OKAY AND NEVER WILL BE OKAY

GRAAAAAAAGH!!

...No, that's fine. Personally I prefer his Lament of Innocence, Order of Ecclesia, and Harmony of Dissonance looks to the Portrait of Ruin version...but that's probably just me still sore about the "anime" designs of that game.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I can...sort of understand it.

1. On the front of the box, isn't he just casually resting his hand on his sword? He's not engaged in battle or anything, right? I don't know if that's what you were going for...but it seems kind of odd. Maybe you meant something more like how Ike plunges his sword into the ground with Eruption?

2. When you say " Meta Knight’s neutral attack", do you mean Mach Tornado or his basic A attack? Because the latter...really isn't that big. Especially for Zack. Even if you did mean Mach Tornado, that still isn't that big of an AoE for someone Zack's size.

3. The last part confuses me, since "Zack is free to move right when he pulls the sword back" implies that in the air...he still stabs his sword into the ground air, right? So there's otherwise lots of lag on the move if does it on the ground?

Finally, there's no way you're using the term "blast zone" properly there. I think you just mean "a certain distance" or something like that. The term you have there makes it sound like the beam explodes after it's done moving...
Oh great... lol Hmm.... I'm redoing it...

Downwards Special
Angeal’s Redemption: (15% aerial, 17% tipped aerial, 5% beam)

Angeal was a friend and mentor of Zack’s, but he struggled through many things like Genesis did.
This move has two different attacks, one aerial, and another grounded.
Grounded:
Zack will plunge his sword down, releasing a huge white beam that travels slowly upwards, and has a width of Zack's character space. The beam does slight knockback and goes slightly farther upwards than Pikachu's Thunder. Once the beam is out, Zack will pull back his sword, giving him time to move while the beam is growing. During the large startup, Zack has Super Armor frames.
Aerial:
Zack will cancel out all his momentum and swing upwards very quickly, with a yellow aura around his sword. Low knockback, but if you hit at the tip, it becomes very strong.
There is also a 10% chance of Zack plunging his sword downwards while facing the screen instead, with low range, but a powerful spike. It only reaches slightly below his legs. The sword also has a black aura around it.
Low startup, but great ending lag.

Good?

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@Mendez, Spade, and Tanookie: Since I'm going to be getting Castlevania Judgment for Christmans, I was thinking of making a Death move set. The thing is, I'm not very fond of his appearence in that game, I'd much rather use his badass Portrait of Ruin appearance. So, I'm just asking it it would be okay if he uses some moves from Judgment like his Hyper Attack despite having his POR appearance. I promise I'll try to do this awesome character justice, despite not aving a huge amount of expierence with the series as a whole I actually have some knowledge of this specific character, so I hope I live up to you guys' standards for a CV move set (and yes, I'll be copy-pasting the extras like in all of yours).
I love it how we've carved a niche as the CV geeks. ^_^

But I agree with Mendez. The anime designs didn't sit amazingly well with me. But feel free to use whatever version you want; and of course you can mix attacks...that's the fun of Smash Brothers.

I coulda done that with Maria...but I think she's fine as is.

@ Spade: I gotta agree with Mendez (again). Judgment's version is easier and simpler while still getting across the basic idea.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Downwards Special
Angeal’s Redemption: (15% aerial, 17% tipped aerial, 5% beam)

Angeal was a friend and mentor of Zack’s, but he struggled through many things like Genesis did.
This move has two different attacks, one aerial, and another grounded.
Grounded:
Zack will plunge his sword down, releasing a huge white beam that travels slowly upwards, and has a width of Zack's character space. The beam does slight knockback and goes slightly farther upwards than Pikachu's Thunder. Once the beam is out, Zack will pull back his sword, giving him time to move while the beam is growing. During the large startup, Zack has Super Armor frames.
Aerial:
Zack will cancel out all his momentum and swing upwards very quickly, with a yellow aura around his sword. Low knockback, but if you hit at the tip, it becomes very strong.
There is also a 10% chance of Zack plunging his sword downwards while facing the screen instead, with low range, but a powerful spike. It only reaches slightly below his legs. The sword also has a black aura around it.
Low startup, but great ending lag.

Good?
Better.

The only thing I'm unsure of is...well, does the grounded version actually travel as far as Thunder? For that matter, what move is this--a Special? Smash Attack?

The aerial version sounds better, though you might want to rewrite your description to more clearly say what you mean, which is that the tip of the blade has a sweetspot on it.

Finally, I'm not a fan of having an aerial attack that randomly does something else. Especially at such a low %. You'd never be able to use the spike, since you'd never use it...since there's such a low chance of it coming out. By that same token, chances are that when the spike did come out, you wouldn't want it to.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only thing I'm unsure of is...well, does the grounded version actually travel as far as Thunder? For that matter, what move is this--a Special? Smash Attack?
It says it does... "The beam . . . goes slightly farther upwards than Pikachu's Thunder."

And the very beginning says it's a Down Special.

lrn2reed :lick:

Finally, I'm not a fan of having an aerial attack that randomly does something else. Especially at such a low %. You'd never be able to use the spike, since you'd never use it...since there's such a low chance of it coming out. By that same token, chances are that when the spike did come out, you wouldn't want it to.
I'm definitely with Mendez on this one, SonicBoom2 (Is it okay if I just call you Boom? Or just something shorter than SonicBoom2?)

Randomness has to be dealt with carefully in Smash. It's probably not a good idea to make an attack work a completely different way 1 time out of every 10. Two noteworthy examples of a random attack already in Smash are Luigi's Green Missile and Mr. Game & Watch's Judgment.

Green Missile has a [I forget the frequency, it's something like 1/12] chance of becoming super powerful, regardless of charge. So Luigi travels farther and also is more powerful. But he goes the same direction. That's kind of important, because players can still rely on this move to do what they'd intended it to do, which was to, for example, attack toward the opponent on their right side.

Mr. Game & Watch's Judgment is the same way. The numbers are impossible to predict, but the move is still useful because it always attacks the same way. The power and the corresponding effect are the only things random. The move can still be counted on to attack in the same way.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I always use Judgement as G&W.
The moves that I don't use that often are chef, because it is laggy, bucket, because I usually play characters without projectiles or just forget about it, and turtle, because I rarely use b-airs.

All Hail Judgement!
:laugh:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
heh, I love judgy too! I once got an 8 and a 9 straight afterwards so the opponent couldn't do anything about it.

Yeah, but on-topic, no move should have a random factor unless it gets stronger (has the same effects as originally {like luigis side-b} ), or a move that is purely based on luck (MrG&W side b) like the others has stated.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yeah, but on-topic, no move should have a random factor unless it gets stronger, or a move that is purely based on luck like the others has stated.
Charlotte has randomness inside of her moves involving books. But I think that's okay, considering they're fairly strong anyway.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Charlotte has randomness inside of her moves involving books. But I think that's okay, considering they're fairly strong anyway.
Charlotte's was okay since it was like Green Missile, it still functioned the same, it just changed the stats a little. Personally, I'm determined to never have random effects in my moves, I like to know that I have complete control over my character. But that's just me.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It says it does... "The beam . . . goes slightly farther upwards than Pikachu's Thunder."

And the very beginning says it's a Down Special.
Yeah well. I'm blind. And you know this...and yet you still make fun of me?

Everyone else already said it, but yeah, randomness has to have some kind of similarity to it, or it just doesn't work out. Also Judgment is an awesome move.

Horrible_Ridley said:
I demand you change the text on this to read "Death" and not "Grim Reaper."

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I demand you change the text on this to read "Death" and not "Grim Reaper."
Don't look at me, Spadefawks made the button.

Edit: On that note, here's a little preview of Death. Looking to see how balanced it is.

USmash: “Scythe Suction”: Death raises his arms as his scythe lies sideways in the air, floating above his hands as it starts to spin. It spins 8 times, each time dealing 2% if you are caught in it. After the 8 spins, Death makes a throwing motion with his arms, and the Scythe shoots in a direction indicated by the control stick. If no direction is given the Scythe shoots straight up by default. The shooting is what deals actual knockback, average at that, but it deals no damage. The knockback is in the direction the scythe launched. It travels until it hits something, in which case it teleports back to Death’s hands. There is average startup and end lag, but remember that the end lag doesn’t begin until the scythe returns to him. Charging the move does not increase damage, or anything for that matter. As you “charge”, Enemies are pulled towards the scythe from a radius as large as Dedede is tall, but can dash to fight against it. This makes it easier to connect with the move, but Death is still vulnerable. A somewhat risky move, but it has good payoff.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
On terms of buttons, I'd like it if someone made a Zazu & Iago button, as well as a Hades button

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I always use Judgement as G&W.
The moves that I don't use that often are chef, because it is laggy, bucket, because I usually play characters without projectiles or just forget about it, and turtle, because I rarely use b-airs.

All Hail Judgement!
:laugh:
Lol, turtle is G&W's best move. Agreed that Judgement is still useful though. Watch some matches of good G&W players. Even if you don't use it that much, the opponent still needs to be prepared for it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, I remember when I was Ike and I faced my brother's G&W. He used Judgement, got a 9 (homerun bat), but I was ready and countered it. I still have that replay saved, I should upload it...if I got a quality recorder...maybe for Christmas??

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Chef Kawasaki has a siiiick mechanic, if I do say so myself. Some of his attacks are food-related - pepper shakers or dash of spices or carrot jab and whatnot - and his Down B makes him install a large pot on the stage. If you use those attacks near the pot, you start making a stew. Different recipes result in different stews. If a foe lands in it, they go flying and you reap the benefits depending on what kind of soup you made.

You know, I've often considered making an entirely luck-based character... most likely Waluigi. Then I realize how annoying that would be to play with, and forget the whole thing.

BKupa: Why Bob? Everyone knows Susie's got this thing in the bag. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh crap, SmashBrosMike is on the forums. Everybody hide!

Hey guys I got some new uncl0nd ideas

@K.Rool, Kenny all the way, of course! Bob looks excited in that picture, tho.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Man, I remember when I was Ike and I faced my brother's G&W. He used Judgement, got a 9 (homerun bat), but I was ready and countered it. I still have that replay saved, I should upload it...if I got a quality recorder...maybe for Christmas??
I'd say that was cruel, but I'd be lying.
Sweet KO.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Sounds like a fun mechanic K.Rool. Though Wheelie's on hold for a bit, since I'm currently dry on ideas for him while I've got plenty of ideas for Death.

reposting USmash for balance opinions:

USmash: “Scythe Suction”: Death raises his arms as his scythe lies sideways in the air, floating above his hands as it starts to spin. It spins 8 times, each time dealing 2% if you are caught in it. After the 8 spins, Death makes a throwing motion with his arms, and the Scythe shoots in a direction indicated by the control stick. If no direction is given the Scythe shoots straight up by default. The shooting is what deals actual knockback, average at that, but it deals no damage. The knockback is in the direction the scythe launched. It travels until it hits something, in which case it teleports back to Death’s hands. There is average startup and end lag, but remember that the end lag doesn’t begin until the scythe returns to him. Charging the move does not increase damage, or anything for that matter. As you “charge”, Enemies are pulled towards the scythe from a radius as large as Dedede is tall, but can dash to fight against it. This makes it easier to connect with the move, but Death is still vulnerable. A somewhat risky move, but it has good payoff.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Spade are you reference anything from Cornell's abilities as a human? And the ability you listed is decent, but I rather have it a bit more controllable, instead of something automatic like Lucario's aura.

On a side note, my next moveset won't be until after Christmas.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spade are you reference anything from Cornell's abilities as a human? And the ability you listed is decent, but I rather have it a bit more controllable, instead of something automatic like Lucario's aura.
It's changed now, anyways, and no, not really, as said, I've lost my CV64 cartridge. UNFORTUNATELY.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Looks pretty neat, H_R (why must your name be so long?).

Grim Reaper characters always have tons of potential for awesome attacks. Even when they're 8-bit.

/excuse for winning page 200

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

CORNELL
Blue Crescent Moon
"Noone listens to reason from the mouth of a beast..."

Index - [00-INDX]
Overview - [01-OVRV]
Stats - [02-STTS]
Standard Attacks - [03-STND]
Smash Attacks - [04-SMSH]
Aerial Attacks - [05-AERL]
Special Attacks - [06-SPCL]
Grabs and Throws - [07 - THRW]
Situational Attacks - [08 - STNL]
Final Smash - [09 - FISM]
Taunts - [10-TANT]
Extras - [11-EXTS]
Stage - [12 - STGE]
Assist Trophy - [13 - ASTR]
Trophies - [14 - TRPH]​

[01-OVRV]​

Cornell was one of the playable protagonists in Castlevania 64: Legacy of Darkness, which was released for the Nintendo 64. He was a member of a clan cursed to turn into werewolves, however, was one of the few, if not the only one, who was able to control the transformation. He hasn't appeared upon now in Castlevania Judgment, where he stays in his werewolf form. This is the form I will use for the moveset, as well.

Cornell is aimed to be a slow character who will have troubles with range and KOing, but can rack damage pretty good.

[02-STTS]

Screen Name: Cornell
Size: 7/10 - Cornell is as tall as Ike, but bulkier.
Weight: 7/10 - He's around the same weight as Ike, as well, not carrying such a big sword.
(Running) Speed: 5/10
First Jump: 4/10 - Cornell hops up... it's not really high.
Second Jump: 5/10 - Curling up, Cornell goes higher - still not really good.
Hover: No.
Fall Speed: 7/10
Crouch: Yes. - Cornell does the same stance as Wolf's idle stance, y'know, with his claw on the ground.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: Yes.
Wall Cling: Yes.
Gliding: No.
Tether: No.

[03-STND]

Jab Combo:

Claw Jab
For the first hit, Cornell stabs his big claws forward, doing 1-2% damage and low knockback. If the player presses the attack button again, Cornell will uppercut-swipe with his other claw, doing 2-3% damage and low knockback upwards. Both moves come out very quick.
A very good Jab combo, if I do say so myself.

Dash Attack:

Shadow Speed

For this attack, Cornell disappears and moves so quick that it seems he is teleporting. He moves diagonally upward, appears in midair and then rockets downwards, doing below average knockback diagonally upwards and 4-6% damage. It has just a little startup lag and a bit more ending lag, but all in all is a very quick and unpredictable move.
Since this move is hard to aim with, it's a question whether you want to risk using it.

Forward Tilt:

Cross Slash
Using his claws, Cornell does two hits in this attack - first he slashes in an X-form outwards, and then pulls his arms back, making another X-shaped slash - this time inwards. Each hit does 4-5% damage and if you're hit with the first, you're hitstunned and bound to take the second one, which deals average knockback. It has bad range, since Cornell doesn't completely stretch out his arms for this attack, and added to this it has average startup and ending lag.

Up Tilt

Wolven Bite
Cornell growls and then points his head up, biting three times into the air. Every hit does 3-4% damage and the first two hits only hitstun. The third hit does below average knockback diagonally upwards. It has horrible startup lag, a small hitbox (Cornell's head only) with bad range, but other than that, a very good move, m'yes?

Down Tilt:

Slashing Tornado
Spreading out his arms, Cornell spins around himself a few times, clawing everyone who should be near. It does average knockback and 4-7% damage. The startup lag is good but the ending lag is horrible, seeing as Cornell has to recover his slight dizzyness.
All in all a very good move, but you should keep out for the end lag as Cornell is easily punishable then.

[04-SMSH]

Forward Smash:

Wolf Kick
Cornell hops up and gets his weight onto his hands, flipkicking forward and upward in one. This move is very very quick with rather good range, but has a small hitbox (Cornell's foot), does only 10-15% damage and average knockback with very low priority. As the move has some bad ending lag, too, it's a double-edged sword to use this.

Up Smash:

Wolf Roll
Cornell curls up, his claws stretched out, and jumprolls upwards, doing two hits. Both hits do below average knockback and 6-7% damage. A very quick move, with good range. If Cornell is standing on the main platform of Battlefield and an enemy on one of the lower small platforms, he hits with both attacks. Since his whole body is a hitbox here, this makes a very good move against aerial approaches.

Down Smash:

Shockwave
Cornell sweeps his arm in front of him, causing the floor to send out a glowing green firey blast of energy. It has about the same size as Jigglypuff, though a little thinner, and a 45° angle. If someone is hit by this shockwave, they will recieve 16-19% damage and above average knockback. A very strong attack, and probably Cornell's only real KO move.

[05-AERL]

Neutral Air:

Starfish Sprawl
Cornell spreads out arms and legs quickly, using them to knock away foes. This attack may be fast, but has limited range, does only 4-5% damage and low knockback - but has good priority! It is ideal for spacing against airborne enemies.

Forward Air:

Wolven Drill
Cornell leans forward - belly down - and starts to spin quickly, his arms stretched out, forming a drill. He goes slightly forward when doing this move, as well. Everyone who's caught in this recieves 2% damage with a maximum 5 continous hits, and will be knocked away with below average knockback. The move has decent range and counts as disjointed hitbox, however, the startup and ending lag are horrifying.

Back Air:

Bicycle Kick
Cornell does a backward flipkick in the air. The move ranges the whole 180° from down to up. It comes out very very quick and has good range, however, does only 6-8% damage and low knockback. Still, a very good move to use, especially when you want to get rid of an airborne foe.

Up Air:

Shoulder Bash
Using the big spikes on his shoulder armor, Cornell shoves one of them upward. This move has very bad range, a very small hitbox, low priority, but nearly no lag on both sides. 6-7% damage and average knockback straight upwards are the result. A fairly dangerous move, but it pays surely off!

Down Air:

Claw Dive
Cornell stops in midair, faces diagonally downwards and then jets into that direction, claws in the front. Everyone who is in range of this move will recieve 8-10% damage and average knockback. It has bad startup and ending lag, however, similar range to Sheik's Down Aerial. If Cornell hits the ground meanwhile - and due to his bad aerial game he surely will - the ending lag is even worse, as he has to pull the claws out of the floor.

[06 - SPCL]

Neutral Special:

Howl Wave
Cornell needs about the same time to prepare this move as a Falcon Punch. He spreads his arms down, tilts his back and head back and starts to howl, creating Sonic waves coming out of his maw. The circular waves have the size of 2 times Jigglypuff, centering the snout of the werewolf. The move takes about 2 seconds to finish, and has a total of 8 sonic waves coming out. It does flinching knockback and 2% damage with each hit.

Side Special:

Crescent Sickle
Cornell growls and sweeps his claw forward, throwing a blade of wind. This projectile has infinite range, the speed of Falco's blaster and pierces through walls, items and enemies dealing no knockback. However, it does do 4-5% damage. There can be a maximum of 3 blades at once to prevent spamming. It has average starting and hardly ending lag. This move is extremely useful due to its infinite range and adds a lot of help to the otherwise close-range fighter Cornell.

Up Special:

Moon Dodge
Cornell curls up into a ball of fluff and metal, howling. The wolf ball then turns into a blue sphere resembling the moon, shooting straight upwards. Everyone who is in the moon's path will be knocked aside with 7-9% damage and low knockback. Although it's Cornell himself doing the move, the attack counts as disjointed. When Cornell starts up this attack you can use your control stick to slightly aim into a diagonal direction. This move, however, has horrible ending lag, and leaves Cornell to enter Free Fall.

Down Special:

Bloodlust
Cornell has to focus for 2 seconds before you can use this move. If he suceeds, he will howl shortly and have a firey red aura around his body. He then will be faster, have toned up knockback and damage (3-4% additionally to almost everything). However, and here comes the downside, the rampage only lasts for 10 seconds, disappears and then Cornell enters helpless state for a whole of 5 seconds! So make sure you aren't above a pit then, otherwise...

[07 - THRW]

Instead of really grabbing an enemy, Cornell jets his head forward, biting. One of the few moments that the werewolf has nearly no startup lag - if he misses he has horrible ending lag, though. If he grabs ahold of the enemy with his jaws, he growls in satisfaction, keeping his feral position to throw.

Pummel
Instead of hitting the throwee, Cornell viciously shakes them around, doing 1-2% with each shake.

Forward Throw
Cornell, keeping the enemy in his mouth, first rolls forward, crushing the enemy underneath his armor and dealing 8-10% damage, then uses the momentum of the roll to release the enemy for okay range.

Back Throw
Basically doing the same as in his Forward Throw, just into the other direction. He also uses one of his claws to knock the enemy farther away. This throw has decent range and does 9-11% damage.

Up Throw
Similarily to his Up Tilt, Cornell launches the throwee upwards and bites a few times into their body before slashing into them for knockback. All in all the throw does 7-9% damage and good straight upwards range.

Down Throw
Cornell simply slams the enemy into the ground, causing them to be launched diagonally upwards with 6-8% damage.

[08 - STNL]

Ledge Sweep (under 100%)
Cornell grabs the ledge with both of his claws, catapults himself up and kicks at anyone nearby. Great range and 4-5% damage with low knockback.

Ledge Sweep (over 100%)
Cornell slowly crawls up on the ledge, and swings one of his claws at the enemy, dealing 4-6% and low knockback.

Get Up Attack (Belly)
Cornell curls up while rolling a bit forward, kicking enemies right in front of him, while clawing back with his hand. Each part of the move does 4-5% damage and poor knockback.

Get Up Attack (Back)
Cornell claws and bites around himself, trying to slash enemies, while getting up. Anyone who's hit will recieve 3-4% damage and low knockback.

[09 - FISM]

Full Moon
When grabbing the Smash Ball and using it, Cornell goes into the same stance as in his Neutral Special, starting to howl. Then the arena darkens and in the background there's a big blue full moon seen. First of all, Cornell immediately enters Blood Rampage status - though the fiery aura is now blue instead of red. Secondly, the moon starts to fire Crescent Sickle into the direction of enemies. Every 2 seconds one of these sickles. The whole Final Smash lasts 20 seconds. Then, Cornell goes back into his normal status and the moon disappears - the arena lighting up again.

[10 - TANT]

Up
Cornell raises his hand in front of his face and then quickly sprawls his fingers, asking "How's that?"

Side
Cornell does a "Super-Saiyajin" stance and exclaims that "I will show you why they call me Blue Crescent Moon!"

Down
Cornell looks aside, sighs, and then says that "I'm sorry..."

[11 - EXTS]

Entrance
Cornell's human form is shown, standing wherever Cornell starts and howling - quickly turning into the werewolf form.

Alternative costumes
Black-Silver palette with red eyes, black hair, Default
Red-Black palette with blue eyes, black hair, Red Team
Blue-Silver palette with green eyes, blonde hair, Blue Team
Green-Golden palette with yellow eyes, orange hair, Green Team
All Golden palette with white eyes, grey hair
Purple-Golden palette with blue eyes, black hair
Legacy of Darkness Cornell

Victory Poses

Up
Cornell crosses his arms and turns his back to the screen, stating that "It is ill fortune our paths crossed..."

Side
Cornell, kneeling, looks up and shakes his head, saying "Noone listens to reason from the mouth of a beast."

Down
Cornell sweeps his claw quickly in front of him, saying that "Once it started I cannot stop it..."

Loss
Cornell, showing his back to the screen, secretely claps.

Codec Converation
Snake: Colonel, I'm fighting a strange... armored werewolf thing!
Colonel: That is Cornell. He hails from a clan of people who are cursed to turn into monsters once the full moon is shining.
Snake: But it's not full moon!
Colonel: I wasn't done with explaining... Ahem. Cornell was the only one of his clan to be able to control the transformation, however, the curse has taken an odd twist so he now is trapped in his werewolf form.
Snake: So maybe I should kill him so he doesn't have to suffer anymore?
Colonel: He is a very reasonable and kind man, Snake, although he may look like a beast from the outside. But he's a strong fighter nevertheless.
Snake: Huh... it must be horrible to have a fate like he does.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains wolf ears, a wolf snout and glowing red eyes.

Unlock Message
The Blue Crescent Moon, Cornell, has unleashed his powers!

Credits Song for Single Player
Castlevania Judgment - The Wolf Revealed

Logo

The reverse-crucifix and devil wings; a Castlevania standard.

Item

Bible
After a player picks up the item, it flies around them in a circle for a limited time, spewing papers as it travels. If it contacts an enemy, it will deal 8-10% damage and good knockback. It also reflects energy-based projectiles, though due to its small size and constant rotation, this rarely happens.

Victory Theme
Castlevania 64 - Credits Theme

[12 - STGE]

DRACULA'S CASTLE

A moonlit stage atop Dracula's famed castle. There is the main platform on top of the tower, followed by two smaller ones on either side (think Pokémon Stadium). There are another two directly above those, and a final platform in the middle of the stage, above all the others. Skyward KOs are difficult to accomplish on this stage. There are also two platforms that jut out on either side of the tower, and whenever clouds cover the moon, the stage darkens and torches set all around the stage light themselves.

Hazards include the ever-present Medusa Heads, simple Bats, and bone-tossing skeletons. The former two make their ways across the stage every now and then, dealing a few points of damage and small knockback to whatever they come in contact with, though any attack will destroy them. The Skeletons climb up the castle walls and position themselves on the platforms that stick out from the sides of the tower, and proceed to hurl bones at players on the main level. These bones damage similar to Bats and Medusa Heads, and travel in an upward arc before falling to the ground, where they can be picked up and thrown by players in the same upward arc at other players. The Skeletons can also be destroyed, though they take more damage to slay (around 20% damage), and fighting them in close-combat can result in the player being knocked off the edge of the stage, as contact with the Skeletons deals damage as well.

[13 - ASTR]

WEREWOLF

After breaking the Assist Trophy, a Werewolf appears on the field. It howls at the sky, and suddenly randomly wolves pop out on the stage, trying to run and jump into enemies, biting them. There are around 5 wolves around at a time, and they do 6% damage and average knockback with each bite. After 10 seconds, the pack disappears, and the werewolf slashes around himself, dealing 9% and good knockback to anyone in his range (except the summoner, of course), then vanishing as well.

STELLA AND LORETTA

The two vampire sisters from Portrait of Ruin appear from the capsule and float around the stage, unable to be attacked. They each select random opponents and begin attacking in separate ways: Stella performs a quick slash attack, while Loretta shoots ice crystals at her foes. The slash attacks have good knockback and do about 4% while the ice crystals have no knockback and do about 2%, though there are far more ice crystals than sword slashes.

Afterwards, the two pick one last target and Loretta says, "Ready, Sister!" as she charges a magical spell, spinning ice crystals around Stella's body. Stella holds her sword aloft as it is coated in ice and grows to three times its usual size. "I shall kill you!" she screams, and she flies towards her target, slamming the blade down and dealing 20% damage and lots of knockback. However, this attack can be easily dodged. Afterwards, the two sisters disappear.

[14 - TRPH]

Cornell
+ A man hailing from a tribe cursed to turn into beasts at full moon. His nickname is Blue Crescent Moon.
Full Moon
+ Cornell's Final Smash. He summons the moon to shine and strengthen his attacks.
Jonathan
+ Jonathan Morris, son of John Morris. He sets out to Dracula's Castle to defeat Brauner
Charlotte
+ Charlotte Aulin, a mage in training. She is Jonathan's childhood friend and helps him on his adventure in Dracula's Castle.
Holy Lightning
+ One of Jonathan & Charlotte's Final Smashes. It unleashes a cross-shaped lightning bolt of holy energy.
1000 Blades
+ With this technique Jonathan throws a barrage of knives onto the their foes, being made faster by Charlotte's magic.
Volcano
+ This attack summons a small volcano spitting balls of magma into the arena.
Dark Gate
+ This spell causes a gate to hell to open. A demon waiting inside, will try to crush mortals with its huge claws.
Alucard
+ Adrian Farenheights Tepes, the son of Dracula, sworn to destroy his evil origins.
Soul Steal
+ Alucard’s Final Smash, which restores his life energy.
Simon Belmont
+ The legendary Vampire Killer of the cursed Belmont clan.
Grand Cross
+ Simon's Final Smash, shown destroying Lord Dracula.
Lord Dracula
+ The Lord of Evil, eternally reborn to bathe the world in darkness.
True Dracula
+ Lord Dracula's Final Smash, and the ultimate form of his black heart.
Maria Renard
+ A young woman who wields magical power rivaling that of the Belmont Clan.
Seiryu's Wrath
+ Maria summons her animal companion: Seiryu, the Azure Dragon.
Stella & Loretta
+ A pair of vampire sisters, Stella is a master in swordsmanship, while Loretta is a great magician.
Death
+ Lord Dracula's ever-faithful servant, and master of the Underworld.
Werewolf
+ A man cursed to turn into a beast when the moon reaches its full state.
Bible
+ The main scriptures for Christianity, the Bible has holy powers so strong that this mere book is even able to deflect projectiles.
Dracula's Castle
+ The setting for most Castlevania games, and the stage in Super Smash Bros.
Nightmare Portraits
+ This is where Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin takes place. Every picture is a gate to another dimension.
Brauner
+ A vampire and main villain of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. He wants to destroy humanity and hypnotized the vampire sisters Stella and Loretta to think they are his dead daughters.
Medusa and Medusa Heads
+ The mythological beast and her innumerable servants.
Young Maria Renard
+ A village girl who rises to her fate, and defeats Count Dracula in Rondo of Blood.
Richter Belmont
+ While Simon may be the most well-known Belmont, Richter is the more powerful of the two.
Soma Cruz and Mina Hakuba
+ Two teenagers from the year 2035. Due to Soma's mysterious "Soul Steal" ability, mysterious forces attempt to turn him into Dracula's successor...
Vampire Killer
+ The legendary whip of the Belmont clan.
Hearts
+ The source of Simon's special abilities.
Order of Ecclesia
+ The only organization that is capable of standing up to Dracula in a time without a Belmont or the Vampire Killer.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
From what I've read, it seems good so far Spade.
He seems like one of those characters that you'd have to memorize how much damage each move does to use him effectively.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow, Spadefox, another outstanding moveset. The specials and cool BBCode really make it stand out.

You'd better be prepared for Scar & the Hyenas! The wicked lion king and his ravenous henchmen have joined the fray!

Scar is the younger brother of Mufasa, the uncle of Simba, and second in line to the throne after Simba was born. Scar is jealous of Simba's position as the next king of the Pride Lands, so he plots to assassinate his brother and nephew, in order to seize the throne.

Scar is depicted as an emaciated melanistic lion with dusty brown fur, a long black mane and distinctive almond shaped green eyes. He has large, white paws with black claws that are always bared and never retracted, unlike those of the other lions in the film. Scar also possesses a white goatee beard and a thin pink gash over his left eye, earning him his name.

In Smash, Scar works as a unique combination character. You can choose to play as Scar alone, or by using his Down Special, you can call out...

Shenzi, Banzai, or Ed to fight alongside their king! One hyena can be out at a time, following behind Scar wherever he goes after being summoned. However, several of Scar's attacks separate him from his underling hyena. These attacks are different sometimes when no hyena is present, or lacks a special effect that the hyena provides. Hyenas also have hit points that can be lowered to KO them, lessening Scar's power a good deal, although not making him extremely weak. More detail can be found under his Down Special.

STATS

Power: 6.5 - 8/10: Scar has above average power when alone, while having a hyena out buffs him up to the power of an average heavyweight.

Walking Speed: 2.5/10: A slow walking speed, Scar is clearly in no hurry here.

Dashing Speed: 5.5/10: A fairly bumpy dash comparable to DK's, Scar has average speed, being a lion, although not a very speedy one. Hyenas walk and run right behind Scar, matching his speed.

Weight: 7.5/10: Scar is rather thin for a lion, but this cruel cat still has a good deal of weight. Hyenas don't add weight to Scar, just like Pikmin don't add weight to Olimar.

Range: 6/10: Most of Scar's physical attacks hit at slightly above average range. Hyenas can increase this range slightly for some attacks.

Projectile Distance: 0/10: Scar has no true projectile.

Size: 8/10: Scar is a character of unique proportions; he's a bit longer than Ivysaur, being a lengthy character, and standing about as tall as Luigi at the very top of his mane. Hyenas are slightly shorter than Ivysaur, length-wise, and are about as tall as Mario at the top of their heads.

Attack Speed: 5.5/10: Scar has average attack speed, being one of the faster heavyweights due to only leaning slightly towards power in a manner like DK. Hyenas don't generally increase the speed of Scar's attacks.

Priority: 6/10: For the most part, Scar's sharp teeth and ambitions give him decent priority, although most characters can still overcome it with relative ease. Hyenas have varying priority when attacking, ranging from weak to fairly strong.

First Jump: 3/10: A poor, mainly vertical jump, as Scar's claws prevent him from pushing too hard off of the ground. Hyenas follow Scar into the air when he jumps, jumping up right behind him at the same height.

Second Jump: 6/10: A more agile, mainly horizontal bound. Scar stretches his body vertically here, making him a slightly bigger target, so be careful when jumping. Hyenas stay behind Scar, but tuck in slightly when jumping, decreasing their size slightly.

Fall Speed: 7/10: Scar falls with the average fast fall speed of normal heavyweights, hyenas falling right behind him in the air.

Recovery: 6/10: When he is followed by a hyena, Scar has a decently long-ranged, although gimpeable, recovery. When alone, his recovery is kind of iffy, but not awful, making the overall recovery fairly decent.

Crouch: 6.5/10: Being a sneaky lion, Scar can get low to the ground in a decent crouch, although hyenas barely get down at all, so they can't really dodge attacks by crouching, which they do whenever they are following Scar and he crouches.

Traction: 4/10: Having awkward claws and a bumpy gait, Scar has some problems with his traction, hyenas skidding and tripping alongside him whenever he does so.

Comboability: 5.5/10: Scar has a decent mix of comboing moves and one-hit power moves. Having a hyena out can contribute to either the comboability or power of attacks, depending on the move.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawling: Yes

Gliding: No

Tether: Yes; only when a hyena is out and following Scar (not separated).

ANIMATIONS

Entrance: A cloud of ominous green steam appears on the stage, out of which Scar prowls, grinning evilly, as the steam evaporates. Scar starts the battle without a hyena out.

Walking: Scar prowls forward slowly, taking slow, intimidating steps. Hyenas march in an orderly manner behind Scar, matching his slow pace.

Running: Scar leans forward slightly and begins an awkward trot of sorts forward. Hyenas trot comically behind him, still matching his pace.

Dashing: Scar begins bounding forward like a real lion. Hyenas run forward, teeth bared, like real dogs, still matching Scar's pace.

Jump #1: Pushing off the ground on all fours, Scar bounds into the air. Hyenas jump up in a similar manner, directly behind Scar, in a Pikmin-like manner.

Jump #2: Scar stretches his front limbs up slightly as he stretches his lower body downwards, getting into a vertical bound of sorts. This jump carries him horizontally. Hyenas bounds up with their back legs, tucking their lower body into a cannonball position as they do so, remaining behind Scar.

Crouching: Scar gets an evil grin on his face as he lowers his entire body to the ground, as if stalking prey. Hyenas bend their legs down slightly, not lowering their body down to Scar's level, but still crouching.

Crawling: Scar prowls forward sneakily and fairly quickly, hyenas doing an odd little belly crawl behind him.

Idle Animation: Scar stands regally and darkly, occasionally shaking out his black mane. Hyenas peer around the stage behind Scar with a hungry expression. If left alone too long, Shenzi and Banzai will start scratching their ear with a hind leg like a dog. Ed has a unique idle animation where he gets bored and begins chewing comically on his own arm out of hunger.

Forward Roll: Scar slips quickly into the background, pulling any hyena out with him by the cheek, then turning back into the foreground after reaching maximum roll range, releasing the hyena as he does so.

Backward Roll: Scar does a quick little bound backwards, causing any hyena behind him to yelp and leap back as well to avoid getting squished.

Spot Dodge: Scar leans low to the ground and bends back into the background, pulling back any hyena behind him with one paw. He leans back and releases the hyena behind him after dodging.

Air Dodge: Scar stretches out his body horizontally as he dodges, while any hyena out behind him ducks under Scar's body to hide, while Scar gets an annoyed expression on his face. He releases this pose, kicking the hyena back behind him to normal after dodging.

Shield: Scar leans backwards behind his shield, getting down to the ground slightly. If any hyena is out, Scar grabs it around the neck with one paw and brings it behind the shield with him, although it is extremely difficult to shield Scar and the hyena's entire body.

Swimming: Scar gets a pissed expression, due to being a cat and hating swimming, as he paddles forward. Any hyena out will get a silly grin as they doggy paddle forward behind Scar.

Ledge Hanging: Scar hangs from ledges with both paws. If a hyena is out, it will grab Scar's tail in its mouth to hang on for dear life, while Scar gets an exasperated expression.

Tripped: Scar's hindquarters fall to the ground as if he were sitting, while Scar gets a pissed expression. Hyenas fall flat on their stomachs, all four limbs spread out, tripping whenever Scar trips.

Dizzy: Scar puts one paw to his forehead and roars quietly as he stumbles around. Shenzi or Banzai sit on their hindquarters, spinning their heads around dizzily. Ed does nothing different at all, but still can't be controlled until Scar regains control. Hyenas get dizzy whenever Scar does.

Sleeping: Scar lies down on his stomach regally, sleeping quietly. Hyenas simply curl up in a dog-like ball, snoring. Ed's tongue hangs out of his mouth while he sleeps, as usual. Hyenas sleep whenever Scar does.

SPECIALS

Down Special: Heinous Hyenas: Scar lets out a wicked cackle of laughter, as a cloud of red smoke appears behind him (this move can only be performed on the ground, and only when the hyena is following Scar and is not separated). Maniacal laughter is heard from inside the cloud as a single hyena (either Shenzi, Banzai, or Ed) walks out of the vanishing cloud and takes his or her place behind their king (meaning Scar can stand backwards to use the hyena as a shield from projectiles, although this is not spammable). Summoning a hyena takes about .5 second, although Scar and the hyena cannot be attacked during this move (they can still be punished when the move ends, though). To select the hyena you call out first, you can choose one of the three hyenas on the character select screen in a similar manner to Zelda and Sheik. Each of the three hyenas have different properties. Some hyenas have stronger attack power than others, dealing a few more damage points, while others attack faster, having a few less lag frames for attacks.

Shenzi:
Being the only female hyena (which by nature are smartest and strongest), Shenzi has the strongest attack power of the hyenas, but has the slowest attack speed.

Banzai: Banzai has the least attack power of the three hyenas, but hast the fastest attack speed.

Ed: Ed is between the attack speed and attack power of Shenzi and Banzai. He also has a special effect that for every other attack he hits a foe with, drool from his hanging tongue will stay on the foe and increase their likelihood of tripping a slight bit for 3 seconds.

Hyenas follow behind Scar at all times, matching his pace when walking or dashing, jumping behind him whenever Scar jumps, flying alongside him whenever Scar gets knocked around, copying whatever actions Scar is doing (e.g. sleeping, tripped), and contributing to several of Scar's attacks. Hyenas cannot be attacked unless they are separated from Scar. Scar has several attacks that separate hyenas from him. Hyenas don't take increasing knockback (they fly the distance that the attack they were hit with would normally send a character, meaning they can be hit off edges for a clean KO) have 75 HP; if it is lowered, the hyena flies off the screen, spinning like a KOed Subspace enemy. There are a few ways that Scar can heal hyenas, but they are generally difficult to pull off in an intense battle. Scar must now wait 15 seconds before summoning another hyena to join him in the brawl. Scar can touch a separated hyena to reunite with it.

By using this move when a hyena is already out, a red cloud will appear over the hyena that is currently out, and a new hyena will appear. The order of hyenas is Shenzi, then Banzai, then Ed. You can choose which hyena to play as at the start, but you can't go in a specific order when selecting a hyena, although this is not a huge deal, due to the subtlety of their differences. If a hyena is KOed, you must wait 30 seconds before you can switch back to that specific hyena, the KOed hyena being skipped over in the red cloud rotation until it is usable again. If all three hyenas are KOed in a 30 second time period, Scar must wait a full minute before summoning another hyena (although the chances of this are highly unlikely unless you are brain-dead). In this case, Scar simply laughs evilly while a red cloud briefly forms around him. Scar users should always use this at the start of a match to summon a hyena. If Scar is KOed while separated from a hyena, the hyena will sit in place comically until Scar respawns and can reunite with it by touching. However, if the hyena is knocked alongside Scar to a KO, Scar respawns alone and has to use this move again to call out another hyena, the previous hyena having been KOed. Most players will end up separating from their hyena eventually, so be careful to defend them; Scar can still play competently on his own, but hyenas are a luxury you'll want to take advantage of.

Side Special with Hyena: Dogged Defense: Scar motions in front of him with one paw, smiling evilly, for the hyena following him to trot up from behind him to his front. Scar pats the hyena on the head and says, "Now, you wait here!", for the hyena to nod comically and sit in place in front of Scar, separating Scar from the hyena. Scar is now able to sneak off on his own and perform the attacks that only Scar alone can do. Any foe who gets within two Stage Builder blocks to the front of the hyena will cause the hyena to stand up and start growling ominously at the foe. If the foe gets closer, the hyena will growl louder. If the foe gets directly in front of the hyena, it will give the foe a close ranged, fairly high priority chomp. This chomp is generally fairly quick, and deals average horizontal knockback and 8-9% to foes. If a foe jumps over the hyena, it will turn around to face the other direction, still watching the foe. If there are foes on either side of the hyena, it will face the direction of the closest foe. Scar can reunite with the hyena any time by touching it, or by using the new Side Special that he gets when alone. This move can only be used on the ground, and cautiously so as not to damage your hyena too much.

Side Special Alone: Murderous Roar: This is a chargeable move, similar to DK's Giant Punch/Banana Slamma. When the input is first pressed, Scar bends his frontside low to the ground, baring his teeth menacingly, charging. He can charge like this for up to 3 seconds (the charge stopping afterwards), and cancel the charge by moving or L/R. Upon release, Scar lets out a loud lion's roar, creating a shockwave in front of him. The roar damages foes at below average range, and has average priority. The roar starts up quickly, but has a good deal of ending lag as Scar holds out the roaring pose a bit. However, damage is not the main use for this attack; it's main use is for calling back separated hyenas. If a hyena is within range of the roar (explained below) and not being attacked (or airborne), it will begin trotting loyally back to Scar at the speed of Mario's dash, reuniting with him upon touch. Hyenas can jump up platforms, but not high ones that require more than a double jump. If this is attempted, the hyena will get a confused expression and not attempt to reunite. This will also happen if there is a wall or obstacle in place in between the hyena and Scar, making this a move that can be almost impossible to use on large stages. In this case, Scar will have to touch the hyena himself to reunite. Hyenas can be attacked while attempting to return, so be careful when there are foes between you and your henchmen. This is best used on flatter stages to call back hyenas more quickly. The effects of the roar are as follows:

Under 1 second charge: 3-4%, trips the foe, calls back hyenas within a range of 3 Stage Builder blocks on either side of Scar, infinitely high up or down.

1 second charge: 7-10%, below average horizontal knockback, calls back hyenas within a range of five Stage Builder blocks on either side of Scar, infinitely high up or down.

2 second charge: 13-17%, decent horizontal knockback, calls back hyenas within a range of seven Stage Builder blocks on either side of Scar, infinitely high up or down.

3 second charge: 24-26%, heavy horizontal knockback, calls back hyenas from anywhere on the stage (it is rare that you'll have the chance to charge this long, and it is not always possible to call the hyena back from anywhere).

Neutral Special: Geyser of Shadow: A stone geyser twice the size of a C4 appears in front of Scar, pulsating slightly. This is your cue to get away from it. After three seconds, the geyser shoots a spray of green steamy water into the sky, about a Ganondorf and a half into the air, lasting for 1 second before falling back into the geyser, which vanishes. The spray of steam has decent priority and a tiny vacuum effect. Anyone (including Scar) who hits it takes average vertical knockback and 12-13% fire damage. Because you can't control how long the geyser lasts before blowing (it's always three seconds), this isn't that great unless your foe is inept.

However, if you use Scar's Side Special while standing over the geyser, the hyena will sit on top of the geyser, holding in the flow until they are attacked off the geyser or Scar calls them back. This way, you can control the eruption of the geyser to some extent, but the hyena takes 10 HP damage if they are forced to stay on the geyser after it blows. Decide whether it is worth it to damage your henchman for hitting an opponent. This is best to use trickily to foes at high damage levels who may get KOed by the geyser. Scar can have one geyser out at a time.

One out of five times, the geyser won't erupt, but will leak out a billowing cloud of green smoke, shrouding the area of one and a half Stage Builder blocks, one Ganondorf high. This deals no damage to Scar, his foes, or any hyenas placed over the geyser (which vanishes after spewing the smoke). However, it conceals anything behind the cloud, making it possible for Scar to set up some trickery from inside the cloud. The cloud lasts for 15 seconds. Foes can also use this to their advantage if Scar allows them to. You can see the silhouette of characters behind the smoke, although not exactly what they are doing, making this a clever move to use.

Up Special with Hyena: Skeletal Chain: In one smooth midair motion, Scar turns behind him and grabs the hyena following him by the tail in one paw, and swings up forward above his head. As it is being swung, the hyena swings an antelope skeleton that appears in its mouth while Scar is grabbing it. This provides Scar with one long tether recovery, about the length of Zamus' Side Special. This allows Scar to recover from a good distance if he accompanied by a hyena. However, he can only hang onto the ledge with this tether recovery for 3 seconds before the skeleton breaks and leaves Scar and his hyena in a helpless state, them most likely falling to their dooms. The skeleton deals 4-5% and low knockback to foes, but has awful priority as the hitbox, most attacks being able to break it. This move has quick startup, but lags a lot if Scar hits the ground after becoming helpless or if he misses the edge over the stage (upon which the bones vanish and Scar pulls the hyena back behind him). Use carefully, as it can be beaten by a competent edgeguarder.

Up Special Alone: Flaming Execution: Scar jumps up, his lower body stretched out downwards, his upper body extended above him. Scar roars fiercely and bares his teeth and claws, as a fiery red aura appears around him. This jump can be directed up (giving Scar a decent vertical boost, but little horizontal range) or forward (giving Scar more horizontal range, but very little vertical distance) with the control stick. Just using the Up Special alone gives a mix of horizontal and vertical range. Scar jumps in his fiery aura for about the time of Ganondorf's Dark Dive, then bends his lower body up, his upper body aimed down, claws brought out mercilessly in front of him. Scar now enters a speedy plummet, which can cause a self-destruct for careless players. If foes hit Scar when he's jumping, they take 5-7% fire damage and below average knockback. However, if they hit his claws or mouth right at the end while he is about to plummet, or while he's plummeting, Scar snares them with his claws and brings them down with him for a suicide KO. Compared to Bowser and Ganondorf's Side Specials, this move is slightly superior in the way that Scar will never die first or cause Sudden Death on the last stock. However, if a foe is caught, there is a minuscule period of one or two frames that the foe can perform the input for an air dodge and escape from Scar, who plummets to his doom. This is extremely difficult to pull off, but makes the move not entirely risk-free. If Scar grabs a foe over the stage, he slams them down onto the stage for 14% and good vertical knockback, although he can be attacked by other foes, making this slightly punishable. If he ends up landing on the stage after plummeting, Scar suffers from a large amount of ending lag. This recovery can be gimped under stage lips if caution is not used. Accidents are also common here, making this recovery somewhat iffy. The inspiration from the fiery attack comes from the final battle of the Lion King, from 1:44 - 1:48.

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo, Hit #1: Cruel Claw: Scar extends a paw a short distance in front of him then swipes it upwards in an 'uppercut slash' of sorts. This has below average priority and hits at fairly close range. It starts and ends fairly quickly, and deals no real knockback to foes. However, it pulls foes toward Scar slightly, making them susceptible to the next, closer-ranged combo hit, or a tilt. This hit deals 3% to foes and makes a distinct scratching noise whenever used.

Basic Combo, Hit #2: Taunting Grin: After his claw hit, Scar rapidly opens his jaws a bit and snaps them together menacingly. This has low priority and hits at a close range, the hitbox being on his sharp teeth. This starts up with almost no lag, but has a brief period of ending lag that Scar can be punished for. This deals below average knockback to the foes it hits. This combo has the potential to KO an opponent if they have high damage, and is fairly useful for combos as well. This hit deals 3% alone and 6% with the above hit. This basic combo is as fast as that of DK.

Hyena Bonus: Fanged Fury: If a hyena is out when Scar uses his basic combo, it rapidly turns around and chomps five times extremely rapidly, covering Scar's backside in a manner like a faster Bowser side taunt, complete with flying slobber. This has low priority and hits at close range, dealing no knockback, but trapping the foe for Scar to hit after finishing his combo (he must do this quickly, however, as the foe may recover first). This starts and finishes extremely quickly, making it great for building damage. Scar and his hyena are still vulnerable to attacks from above during their combos, however, so be careful where you use this combo. If a foe hits the hyena out of this, it gets separated from Scar, who will have to reunite with it to get it back. Each bite deals 1-2% per chomp, for a maximum of 10%.

Dash Attack: Bone Toss: A simple bone the size of a Ray Gun appears in Scar's paw. Scar carelessly tosses the bone forward, it going about the distance of Wolf's Blaster. The bone has fair priority and disappears once it hits the ground, going at an arc downwards. Scar has a tiny bit of startup and ending lag throwing the bone, and can't move until the bone hits the ground, making this move punishable unless you have a hyena out. The bone deals below average knockback and 6-7% to foes. This is not the best attack for Scar to use when alone. Make sure you have a hyena out here to maximize the attack potential.

Hyena Bonus: Boney Bait: Scar tosses the bone as usual, having the same priority, range, and speed as when he's alone. The bone deals almost no knockback, and only 3-4% here, though. However, seeing the bone go flying, the hyena tailing Scar will chase after it, ramming into foes for 8-9% and average horizontal knockback. The hyena has superarmor frames while charging, and charges at the speed of Captain Falcon's dash (speedily). The bone doesn't vanish when it hits foes or the ground here; instead, the hyena grabs it in its mouth, stopping its charge when reaching the bone, and begins chewing on it. It is now separated from Scar, and heals 1 HP per second chewing on the bone. However, it is entirely vulnerable here. Also, when reuniting with it, either by touching or by Side Special, Scar and the hyena lag for a second, as Scar whacks the bone out of the hyena's mouth, for it to retreat back behind its ruler. This is a good attack for damaging and KOing as long as you can prevent yourself from being punished. A good way to do this is to this is to quickly dash after foes near the chewing hyena as Scar (who must wait until after the bone has been caught to move) and knock them far enough away for the hyena to heal a small bit of HP before reuniting with it before your foe can return to attack. Use this move in different situations to see what way allows you to reap its bonuses to maximum effect.

TILTS

Forward Tilt: Ember Paw: A small patch of flaming embers appears on the ground in front of Scar, who evilly swats it into the faces of foes directly in front of him with one paw. The embers have below average priority and appear as a small pile in front of Scar, having a rather small hitbox. This move has a small bit of startup lag, but very little ending. Because of the small hitbox, the embers deal decent knockback, and deal 7% fire damage to foes. A unique twist to this move is that if the embers are not outprioritzed and destroyed after one second, they settle on the ground, leaving a patch of embers the size of half of a Stage Builder block, dealing 5% fire damage and below average vertical knockback to foes who walk over or land on it. Scar can have up to three patches out at a time. Each patch lasts for five seconds before vanishing. This may not be the most useful side effect for KOs, but it is great to combo foes into for more damage. Hyenas have no effect on this move, but beware, as hyenas who walk over patches of embers take 5 HP damage. Scar is better off jumping over patches when accompanied by a hyena, although Scar himself is not effected by the patches.

Down Tilt: Skeletal Puppet: From his low-to-the-ground crouching position, Scar takes an antelope skeleton head on one paw, two claws sticking out the eyes, and opens and shuts his paw to make the skeleton 'chomp' foes, before it vanishes. This has average priority and hits at fairly close range. The chomp occurs over the time period of Ganondorf's D-Tilt. This deals 5% and low knockback to foes. However, the main use occurs if you hit a foe with the move and keep pressing the move's input. If you do so, a tiny vacuum effect will occur, pulling in the foe (who won't have been knocked back much at all) and trapping them in several multiple chomping hits, like Wario's Chomp. Scar can continue using the move to keep on making the skeleton chomp. However, the foe is not trapped, and can DI out and punish Scar. Using this against a wall to build damage is probably the most advantageous use because of this. Foes take 2-3% per chomp here. After releasing the foe from this chomping combo, foes take barely below average knockback. Hyenas have no effect on this move, although occasionally, it will break out laughing like hyenas do if a foe is caught in the chomps for a fair time period. This has no effect, but is annoying nonetheless.

Up Tilt: Gothic Mane: Scar sweeps his head upwards, his dark black mane flowing upwards with him, in a headbutting move of sorts. This starts up fairly quickly, but has a fair bit of ending lag for a tilt, as Scar brings his head back down. The priority is average, while the range is fairly close to Scar. Foes who are hit by this move take 7-8% and average vertical knockback. The move is fairly similar to Dedede's U-Tilt in terms of usefulness; this move is faster and generally more vertasile, however. It is slightly weaker, as well, though. This move is a good juggling attack, but doesn't defend Scar's back area well, making it a large target if Scar misses his foe. Also, Scar must be quick to defend himself if he hits a foe who has low damage, and can therefore DI down and retaliate. Hyenas have no effect on this move.

SMASHES

Forward Smash: Chow Down: Scar possesses a unique two-hit F-Smash. While charging this Smash, Scar crouches down on the ground, like a lion getting ready to pounce. Upon release, Scar snarls and springs forward in a pounce. This is the first hit, which traps hit foes for the next hit. Scar has superarmor frames while pouncing, but since foes must be hit with the pounce to be hit with the second hit (for which Scar is perfectly vulnerable), they have a clear target if not. Foes are caught if they hit Scar's outstretched paws while he is pouncing. This hit deals no knockback, but instead pushes foes to the ground, where they are hit with the next part of this Smash. Foes hit by the pounce take a minute 3-5% from Scar's claws. The range Scar pounces is determined by the charge of the Smash. It can range from one Stage Builder block at no charge, to two Stage Builder blocks at full charge. If Scar doesn't hit any foes, not being able to proceed to the next hit, he lands in a hunch before righting himself, having decent ending lag, making this a punishable move, although fairly easy to hit with, especially on larger foes, although smaller opponents can duck under Scar as he's pouncing. If the foe is hit while over the edge, Scar will perform an instant footstool jump off the foe, making it difficult for them to recover. However, if he uses this carelessly off the edge, Scar enters a helpless state, so be careful with your range.

After Scar hits a foe or foes, he pulls them to the ground, where they flail slightly, like with Bowser's D-Throw. Scar then stands over the foe, his hind legs being in the background, while his front faces the screen. From here, Scar swoops down and delivers one crushing bite to the opponent's midsection. This takes a split second to do, Scar being entirely vulnerable while he's over the foe, but not taking that long to end the move. The bite deals 9-13% to foes, making this a damaging move if used properly. However, the knockback is fairly poor, hitting the foe forward, but at a vertical diagonal angle, making this hard to kill with unless Scar is close to an edge, or the foe has ridiculously high damage. Overall, this can be good or bad for you depending on your playstyle. Either way, it's one of Scar's best damage rackers, so use it efficiently.

Hyena Bonus: Predatory Rush: When Scar has a hyena out, the time it takes to charge this Smash doubles. When charging, the hyena paws the ground and pants heavily. If Scar charges the Smash less than halfway (which would be the time for a normal Smash attack), he performs the normal pounce and bite attack from above, the hyena doing nothing. It gets separated from Scar, however, it is only a short distance away, and can be easily reunited with. However, if the Smash is charged more than halfway, the hyena makes a barking noise like a dog and rushes under Scar while he's pouncing. This gives the Smash attack a wall of sorts that can be difficult to dodge, although most foes will never let Scar charge that long. The hyena has superarmor frames for the first few frames while charging under Scar, but can be hit and separated from Scar after that. The hyena has below average priority and hits at close range while charging. If the foe hits the charging hyena or pouncing Scar, they are hit with the full attack. The charge deals a light 2-4% to foes, but doesn't knock them back at all, only trapping them for the next hit.

For the next hit, while Scar gives the trapped foes a big bite while standing over them, the hyena hunches over the backside of the foe, and gives the foe a chomp there (for some characters, this can look rather painful, as the hyena chomps their manly area). This deals 6-8% to foes, but doesn't really contribute to the knockback of the move at all. The hyena can be hit out of this move while biting, as can Scar, who must reunite with the hyena if separated. Having a hyena out here mainly contributes to the damage that the move can deal. The most you can deal with a hyena present is 30%, as foes caught by Scar pouncing are also hit by the rushing hyena, as well as both bites. Scar can still pounce over the edge with this move if not careful, but still has the footstool jumping effect. Hyenas don't give this move any more ending lag than Scar has while alone, the long charge time making up for this. As a small side effect, if you fully charge the Smash with a hyena out and catch a foe, the hyena heals 5 HP for every foe hit. This is rare, though. The hyena retreats behind Scar after the move, as Scar himself rises as normal.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
There's always watching a youtube walkthrough Spade ;D

But the side B is similar to Cornell's normal attack as a human (he thrusts forward his hand with a purple spear like projectile)

Good moveset though.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wow, Cornell was really short. Not saying it's a bad thing, just something I noticed. I think he needs a little more damage on his moves though, since he's supposedly slow and close ranged. Not a huge amount, maybe 3-4 more damage on each should be fine, so that he has above average strength to balance his below average speed. Stil, fun read, but not on the epic level of J&C.

edit: sig button updated. Happy Mendez?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wow, Cornell was really short. Not saying it's a bad thing, just something I noticed. I think he needs a little more damage on his moves though, since he's supposedly slow and close ranged. Not a huge amount, maybe 3-4 more damage on each should be fine, so that he has above average strength to balance his below average speed. Stil, fun read, but not on the epic level of J&C.

edit: sig button updated. Happy Mendez?
If Cornell did a lot of damage, then he would reach his bloodlust stages quicker, and be harder to play with.
Making his attacks weaker actually make him a better, more balanced character.

Oh, and Cruxis, I'd be happy to
steal
borrow that button from you if Chameleon doesn't come back.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ahh.. just read it properly.

It seems OK balance wise, but he seems shorter than your previous movesets, although that isn't a bad thing, as the quality is the same as always.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
If Cornell did a lot of damage, then he would reach his bloodlust stages quicker, and be harder to play with.
Making his attacks weaker actually make him a better, more balanced character.

Oh, and Cruxis, I'd be happy to
steal
borrow that button from you if Chameleon doesn't come back.
I PM'ed it. But I could always make one just for you. Duh lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Glad you like him, Tanookie... I'm afraid of Mendez' rage, though.

Also, woo, 3000th post in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom