• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Warlord's already mentioned that the DK chapter has too many characters when he was asked whether he would put Baby DK in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Warlord's already mentioned that the DK chapter has too many characters when he was asked whether he would put Baby DK in.
I said somewhere towards the end, when all the characters meet up. Yeah, there really are a lot of characters to include in the DK universe, he's already mentioned the NPCs that will appear. Plus, the universe has an important role in Master Hand's plan, from what I am guessing.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I skipped the "towards the end of the SSE" part. That happens sometimes. :(

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
YAY!!!! MANY THANK YOU'S, Hyper_Ridley!!!!

CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Beppo, the magical, mystical, OC Hippo, has entered the Brawl! Beware, the portly plum persona knows how to pack away a meal…but he has trouble keeping it down!

Stats (out of 5)
Size: 2 /4--when on all fours, Beppo is Kirby’s size, but he occasionally rises to his hind legs for some attacks, doubling his height.
Power: 4
Speed: 2
Weight: 5
Recovery: 3
Jump: 2
Mid-air: 2
Descent speed: 3
Wall cling: no
Wall kick: no
Crawl: no
Glide: no

Tilts

Neutral A combo: “The Beppo Bop”: Beppo sticks his front foot out, doing 4%, then headbutts forward, doing 6%, then ends by tossing his whole body forward, doing 8%.

Left/right: “Beppo Bite”: Beppo lunges forward and takes a bite out of anyone half-a-Kirby in front of him, doing 8%.

Up: “Footloose”: Beppo stand on his front legs and kicks his feet upward, doing 6% right above him.

Down: “Purple Poot”: Beppo lets out a little fart around his feet that does 6% and flinching damage with high priority. The purple gas swallows up attacks like no one’s business.

Dash: Hippo Hug: Beppo lunges forward, front feet outwards, s if asking for a hug. He will stumble forward and drag anyone he touches to the ground with him. Does 5% and leaves you on your back.

Smash

Forward: Beppo‘s Belly Bump:
Beppo hunches over, clutching his gut with both front legs. When you release A, Beppo thrusts his bulging belly out in the direction he’s facing, doing up to 17% and diagonal knockback.

Up: Beppo Bentacle--I mean, Tentacle:
Beppo picks up his tophat off his head and holds it with the opening face-up until you release A, when a large purple tentacle will shoot out about ¾ of a Jigglypuff above Beppo’s head, doing 14 % and upward knockback.

Down: Breakdance Beppo:
Beppo spins about on the ground, as though he is break dancing, until you let go of A, at which point the will stick his feet out and appear to do a snow angel that does 13% and can trip opponents. This has some ending lag, like a third of a second.

Aerial

Neutral: Tophat Retreat: Beppo’s top hat grows to Beppo’s size and covers him whole, doing 5% to anyone the hat touches. This attack happens lightning quick, with virtually no lag, meaning it’s highly spammable.

Up: Yum yum, eat ’em up!: Beppo looks up and takes a large bite upward, doing 7% and mild diagonal .knockback.

Forward: Beppedo: Beppo spins forward in a streamlined form, similar to Falco, only Beppo’s top hat has turned into a drill. Does 8%.

Back: Ballpo: Beppo curls into a tight purple ball, though his cute Li’l top hat still sticks out. He spins about in the air, doing 8% to anyone he hits.

Down: Beppo Battle Axe Beppo takes his tophat off his head, puts it underneath him, and allows a massive battle axe to emerge from his hat, spiking down anyone it touches and doing 9%. This attack has a half-second of startup lag.

Special Moves:

Neutral B: Beppo Beam:

Beppo hunches over, clutching his gut, until you release B and cause Beppo to vomit a laser beam shooting straight from his mouth! The beam does up 24% damage, and must be charged, but you can‘t save the charge. Like R.O.B.‘s beam, the laser flies across the length of the stage, but unlike R.O.B.‘s, this attack does not lose power the farther it goes, and maintains a constant damage amount. While charging, Beppo can still walk around, but he‘ll be on his back legs, and as such he‘ll be a bigger target.

Up B: A flock of doves

Beppo removes his top hat, and a flock of doves emerge, carrying him upward as far as Lucario’s Up-B. Touching Beppo’s birds causes 5% damage. But if Beppo is attacked, this move will end prematurely, causing him to freefall.

Side B: That Awesome Top Hat:

Beppo removes his top hat and points the open side to the direction he‘s facing. If you let go of B immediately after using this command, Beppo’s top hat will produce several firework -style explosions that do no damage but cause a smoke-screen effect with lingering colored smoke.
Continue holding B after you input the initial command, however, and then press any direction on the control stick to choose what happens next.

UP: Doves: If you press up, three doves will emerge from the hat, one going straight forward, one going up at a 45 degree angle, and one going in-between them. Each bird does 9%.

Left/Right: Card Trick: If you press either left or right, Beppo’s magical top hat will fire 6 playing cards in rapid succession, similar to Sheik’s needles. Each does 3%, so you could rack up 18% with this!

Down: Chainsaw Blade?!?: If you press down, a chainsaw blade will fire out of the tophat, fly 2 Bowsers forward, then boomerang back into Beppo’s head. Note that Beppo cannot move until the blade has returned into his hat. If he is hit during this attack, the blade continue boomeranging, and Beppo still can’t move until it returns.

Down B: Indigestion:

Beppo clutches his tummy-wummy and his face takes on the textbook-definition of discomfort; Suddenly, Beppo vomits on the ground in front of him ,with gratuitously nasty sound effects. The vomit covers about 1 Kirby-length on each side of Beppo. Enemies‘ chances of tripping are TRIPLED when standing in Beppo‘s vomit. The vomit fades after 10 seconds.

Although, in a cruel twist, by pressing Down B again while standing in his own vomit, Beppo can re-eat his throw-up, healing himself 15%. Re-eating vomit takes 3 seconds to do, and if Beppo is hit, the whole recovery is cancelled. Plus it‘s sick. Who would want to eat their own vomit? Blech!

Grabs

Grab attack: Hungry, Hungry Hippo: Beppo, who grabs by lunging forward and biting, now holds his enemy in his mouth. Beppo begins chewing on his foe. Beppo smiles, enjoying the taste.

Up throw: Hiccups: Beppo has a sudden hiccup fit, causing him to toss his enemy upward, doing 5% with the appropriate “hiccup” sound effect.

Forward throw: Food Poisoning: Beppo swallows his enemy whole! GASP! Oh wait, it seems Beppo didn’t like that meal, as he vomits his enemy forward, with the appropriate “blech” sound effect.

Back throw: Through the System: Beppo swallows his enemy whole! GASP! But wait, it’s okay, they pop out his, um, other end , having sustained 6%. Yuck.

Down throw: Beef Stew: Beppo sits on his foe and, um,…blasts the pants cannon in their faces, doing 7%. No knockback, your enemy just sits on the floor writhing in agony.

Final Smash: Stomach Bug:

Beppo seizes the smash ball! He holds the glowing sphere in his hands and……he EATS it!!! Beppo suddenly comes to regret this decision, as he does a mighty leap to the top of the stage. He holds his stomach, writhing in pain…and vomit’s the motherload of hippochunks onto the stage, covering the entire thing, no matter how big the stage is, in gooey, slippery, vomit. This vomit TRIPLES your chances of slipping, just like in Beppo‘s Down B. Also just like in this attack, Beppo can heal himself by pressing Down B to eat 1 Stage Builder Block‘s worth of vomit, though it only heals him 10% this time. But who is Beppo to quibble? He‘s got a whole stage to consume! After 20 seconds, the vomit disappears and the fight returns to normal. Beppo is completely vulnerable during this attack.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Beppo yawns, showing off his impressive hippo-teeth.
Taunt 2: Beppo takes a cupcake out of his magical top hat and eats it. For once, he does not throw up.
Taunt 3: Beppo holds on arm over his mouth, appearing to be just holding back from full-on vomit.

Victory Poses:
1: Beppo eats a can of beans. Yes, the can. He then shoots a constant stream of vomit until you press start.
2: Beppo is looking inside his own tophat. Suddenly, he is somehow pulled inside and the tophat falls to the ground innocently.
3: Beppo pulls a cake out of his hat and shoves it into his own face, eating like a child. Icing flies everywhere, as a consequence.

Lose pose: Beppo claps enthusiastically.

Miscellaneous Crap

Walk: Beppo trots along on all fours happily.

Run: Beppo gallops on all fours like a mighty steed…only he’s fairly slower than any steed worth its salt.

Dizzy: Beppo sits down and droops his head in a daze. His mouth is agape with his tongue hanging out and he is drooling profusely.

Sleep: Beppo is suddenly lying down in a purple (of course) sleeping bag with a pillow under his head. Naturally, he still has his top hat on.

Symbol: A smaller version of his cute Li’l face.

Alt. Costumes:
Default: Beppo wears a black tophat (NOTE: Beppo always wears a tophat in all of his alt. Costumes)
Gentleman Beppo: Beppo also has a monocle over his right eye and a pipe hanging out of the left corner of his mouth.
Woodsman (Red Team): Beppo has a red beard and a plaid bandana around his chubby neck. His top hat is now patched up and worn, but still an awesome tophat.
Super Beppo (Green Team): Beppo is wearing a red domino mask and matching cape. The cape has a large stylized ‘B’ on it.
Scuba Beppo (Blue Team): Beppo is wearing a blue bodysuit over his chubby-wubby frame, and also has some scuba goggles over his eyes and a snorkel in his mouth.
Jungle Beppo: Beppo wears a leopard skin Speedo and has a banana hanging out of his mouth.

Entrance: There is a puff of smoke, and Beppo’s tophat appears on the stage. Suddenly, it flips itself over and Beppo hops out and puts his hat on.

Kirby Hat: Kirby turns purple and gets Beppo‘s tophat.

Crowd Chant: “Om nom nom!” “*BURP!*” “*Vomit noise*” (repeat)

How to Unlock: Eat more than a combined total of 100 pieces of food and Maxim Tomatoes. Then defeat Beppo in a fight.

Pro‘s:
Cool Final Smash
Nice Healing Opportunities
Versatile Specials
Has a Freaking Top Hat.

Con‘s:
Slow
FS doesn’t really do any damage itself
Weak throws and aerials
Probably won’t be taken seriously.
Disgusting

Snake Codec:
Snake: What the--?!? Is that a hippo?
Colonel: Snake, that‘s Beppo. He‘s a tophat wearing purple hippo that apparently possesses magical powers of some sort.
Snake: Why is it…hurling so much?
Colonel: That‘s the tragic irony of Beppo, snake. He loves to eat, and is always hungry, but he‘s only hungry because he‘s constantly throwing up anything he eats!
Snake: Wow. Karma‘s a Witch, huh?
Colonel: Be on your guard, Snake. The stink of that Hippo‘s vomit is worse than mustard gas!
Snake: Ugh! I think you’re right!
>End Transmission!<

D

Deleted member

I've just noticed that the Up effect of your side B is identical to the UAir of YTT. The only difference is the damage percentage.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
I've just noticed that the Up effect of your side B is identical to the UAir of YTT. The only difference is the damage percentage.
Woops. Seriously? Huh. I'll have to change that....

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

And I'm gladd the SWF community is so welcoming of frequent puke jokes. :lick:

The_Chameleon

Smash Cadet
Could somebody also do a Scorpion Make your move icon for my sig plz?

Here is Scorpion :

Thanks in advance,

- The Chameleon

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday (and a million pages ago) someone said something about turning a moveset-permeating mechanic into a special move.

That makes an absurd amount of sense.

Also, that hippo is the freaking scariest thing ever. What if Kirby or Wario was using their Neutral B move while the hippo is puking? Do they eat it? What happens then?

I am intrigued.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Chameleon, I think they prefer solid backgrounds like all white or black.
But for the Beppo, I would prefer green.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ughh...i'm gone for like what? 8 hours and this thread jumps like 10 pages lol.

Anyway, Gaara is almost finished and will be up tomorrow. After that, my SSE is going to have it's prolouge done. Man, i hope i still have it in me like i did in my 3.0 SSE =P.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
So close to a new page where I can unleash my first peace of MYM goodness.

I have to admit, this is fun. I'm excited.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Disgaea 3 )) Best game ever made (( and want to make a Mao moveset. Since it's a tactics game, you can pick any weapon ya want and I want to make his moveset with a spear but in the animations he uses a sword. Should I stick with that or would the spear be ok?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I've been playing Disgaea 3 )) Best game ever made (( and want to make a Mao moveset. Since it's a tactics game, you can pick any weapon ya want and I want to make his moveset with a spear but in the animations he uses a sword. Should I stick with that or would the spear be ok?
Dude, I'd consider it a criminal offense if you made a Disgaea character and filled it's moveset with simple weapon attacks.

I demand Geo Cubes. I demand Prinnies. I demand bribery. I demand the Item World. I demand character towers. I demand Prism Rangers. I demand Baal. I DEMAND THE ULTRA DESSERT.

...Granted, I haven't actually played enough of Disgaea 3 to say anything for myself...but if the first and second games are anything to go by, then I stand uncorrected.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
A new page... this can only mean…

[size=+2]Alchemy is afoot! Isaac has joined the brawl![/size]

Isaac is a character from the Golden Sun series on the GBA. He is an adept, which is a character that can use psynergy, which is another name for magic. Isaac can take on a variety of classes in the game, from samurai or ninja to necromancer or acrobat, but he prefers to use Venus (earth) attacks. Isaac wields a variety of weapons including swords, maces, and axes. In the games, the characters also use a species of creatures known as Djinn to power up.

A Venus Djinni

Before viewing the moveset, I’ll suggest loading these videos for reference, as I will refer to them. You don’t have to by any means (I’ve included links in the actual move details), but they will make your mind-blowing experience smoother if you load them early.

-Weapon Unleashes
-Psynergy 1
-Psynergy 2

I’m also going to provide everyone with a decent list of frame comparisons, so everybody can be more familiar with how much startup lag is really present on Isaac’s moves. The list below does not represent when the animations begin, but when the hitboxes come out.

1: Squirtle's Jab
2: MK's UAir, Lucas's Jab
3: ZSS's UTilt, Ike's Jab, Lucas's DTilt
4: ROB's DSmash
5: MK's UpB
6: Mario and Luigi’s BAir
7: Link’s Jab/NAir
8: Link's UTilt
9: Wario’s FSmash
10: Bowser's FTilt

15: Pikachu's FSmash

20: Rob's DAir

Isaac has a slightly defensive bias in the games. He is a sturdy fighter that can still do damage in a variety of ways. Granted, a lot of Golden Sun is based on the chosen class, but Isaac’s base clase is somewhat defensive. In Brawl, this will influence him to play a more defensive style. If you want more, I added an advanced playstyle later on, but you should probably read the moveset first.

Size: Same height as Marth, but bulkier
Weight: 7/10
Run Speed: 5/10
Air Speed: 4/10
Power: ?/10
First Jump: 3/10
Second Jump: 6/10
Floatiness: 3/10
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No
Gliding: No

-Standing: Isaac stands slightly couched in the ready position with both hands on his weapon.
-Crouch: Isaac bends down on one knee, resting his weapon on the ground.
-Jump: Isaac hops up and lets go of his weapon with his right hand.
-Jump 2: Isaac pushes down with his right foot, which sparks, causing him to almost glide upward.
-Dash: Isaac closes his shoulders and runs carrying his weapon behind.
-Dodge: Isaac pulls back slightly and turns the end of his appendages into sand, causing the enemies attacks to go through them.
-Roll: Isaac rolls towards the ground, steadily transforming into sand and reemerges in the desired direction.
-Air Dodge: Isaac turns sideways and raises his free arm out of the way.
-Grounded: Isaac lays spread eagle, with parts of his body half turned into sand.
-Ledge: Isaac hangs on with his off hand, his weapon dangling below.

[size=+1]<A Attacks>[/size]

Jab: Rapid Smash
Description: Isaac pulls his weapon over his shoulder and sweeps downward.
Damage: 2%
Startup: 3
Recovery: Very low
Knockback: Virtually none
Stun: Medium low
Detail: I’ll post a link to the attack in the Jab 3 section if you want to see it.
Use: A basic jab attack. Nothing special, but Isaac can use it to jab cancel into his other attacks, which is always nice. It has a very low startup time and low recovery, so Isaac can use it as an, “Aah! Get away from me!” kinda deal.

Jab 2: Sonic Smash 1
Description: Isaac leans forward and sweeps his weapon back up over his shoulder.
Damage: 3%
Startup: 4
Recovery: Very low
Knockback: Virtually none
Detail: Again, I’ll post the vid in Jab 3.
Use: Continuation of Rapid Smash. Just for a little extra damage, range, and a way to get to Sonic Smash 2.

Jab 3: Sonic Smash 2
Description: Isaac takes a step forward and sweeps his weapon back down.
Damage: 4%
Startup: 5
Recovery: Low
Knockback: Medium (horizontal)
Stun: Medium
Detail: Weapon Unleashes (1:36)
Use: The third jab, which helps for racking damage. Also, since this has the most range of Isaac’s jabs, it is a good spacing tool. Be careful though, once you execute the third jab, the extra knockback will not allow you to cancel into another move. The situation should affect just how many jabs Isaac throws out.

Dash Attack: Raiden’s Wrath
Description: Isaac dashes forward, leading with his shoulder. An apparition of a phantom pirate (about as tall as Isaac) appears over Isaac’s body.
Damage: 6% (8% sweetspotted)
Startup: 6
Recovery: Medium low
Knockback: Medium (diagonally up, horizontal direction depends on which side of the hitbox the foe was hit by)
Detail: Weapon Unleashes 2:19
Sweetspot is on Isaac’s shoulder and deals slightly increased knockback.
Use: This move helps out Isaac’s defense a lot. It gives him another option out of a dash, and the fairly large hitbox combined with low lag makes it hard to punish. Can combo at lower percentages, and when linked from a jab cancel, Isaac can start a juggle. It becomes much less useful at mid to higher percentages though, as it stops comboing, but doesn’t have enough knockback to KO.

Ledge Attack (<100%): Echo
Description: Isaac rolls up onto the ledge and a brief flash of an ethereal Venus Djinni appears, swinging his weapon overhead. At the bottom of his swing, he pulls his weapon back upward in a motion similar to Ike’s UTilt.
Damage: 3%, 5%
Startup: 9
Knockback: Virtually none (first hit), Medium low (second hit-upward)
Stun: low
Detail: See the picture of the Venus Djinni up top if you don’t know what it is.
Use: A way to get back onto the ledge, but it doesn’t lead to much of anything. It is just another option for Isaac to help make all of his options more effective (mindgames!).

Ledge Attack (>100%): Zagan
Description: Isaac hops onto the stage, and an apparition of Zagan appears and swings its axe.
Damage: 10%
Startup: 12
Knockback: Medium (diagonally up)
Detail:

Zagan is about a head taller than Isaac.
Use: This is a much more powerful ledge option, and it actually quite effective due to the large hitbox of Zagan’s axe. However, it is a bit laggy and can become predictable, so be careful.

Get Up: Vine
Description: Another Venus Djinni flashes and a couple of energy vines shoot out from where Isaac was downed.
Damage: 5%
Startup: 8
Knockback: Medium low (horizontal)
Stun: Low
Detail: See the Venus Djinni pictured above if you don’t know what it is.
Use: Again, just options. These attacks aren’t going to be coming out all of the time, but keeping your opponent off balance and guessing is vital to defensive play.

[size=+1]<Tilts>[/size]

FTilt: Asura
Description: Isaac pulls his weapon by his waist and swings out and upward. While doing so, an apparition of Asura appears over Isaac.
Damage: 7% (9% sweetspotted)
Startup: 7
Knockback: Low (diagonally up)
Detail: Weapon Unleashes 1:04
Sweetspot is on Isaac’s weapon and does a bit more knockback. Asura is rescaled to a smaller size, close to Isaac’s.
Use: This is a fairly quick tilt, and it has good range. Good for racking up damage and trying to start combos, although it doesn’t truly combo due to the low stun time. Isaac will have to trick his opponent into getting hit by the next attack.

DTilt: Ground
Description: A Venus Djinni flashes and Isaac casts his off hand downward, creating a small spark at the tip. If it connects, a couple of golden energy orbs briefly surround the opponent and close in.
Startup: 10
Knockback: n/a (see detail)
Stun: n/a (see detail)
Detail: This move causes guaranteed knockdown. The entire move only executes if the initial spark hitbox connects.
Use: It is a bit laggy and not very powerful, but it is guaranteed to knock the opponent on the ground. Isaac can use this to his advantage to start a tech chase and (hopefully) rack up some damage. Be careful though, as the small hitbox, decent startup lag, and very short range make it punishable if used carelessly.

UTilt: Punji Trap
Description: Three punjis (think bamboo chutes) emerge from the ground under Isaac.
Damage: 8%
Recovery: Medium
Knockback: Medium (upward)
Stun: Medium Low
Detail: Psynergy 1 5:58
Use: This is probably the worst of Isaac’s tilts, and, quite frankly, won’t be used that often. However, it is his only quick option for attacking foes directly above him on the ground. Isaac’s only other real option is shielding or hoping to land a USmash.

[size=+1]<Smash Attacks>[/size]

FSmash: Grand Golem
Description: Isaac gathers his energy for a moment, then an explosion of golden energy appears on his hand. Isaac takes a big swing forward as the energy amplifies and then burns out.
Damage: 18% (24% charged)
Startup: 22 (DK’s FSmash)
Recovery: High
Knockback: High (diagonally up)
Stun: High
Detail: This attack does some heavy shield stun and pushes the opponent back. KOs at around 85-90%
Use: Isaac’s most powerful, but most laggy smash. It isn’t something that you want to spam, but when used correctly, can become a powerful force in Isaac’s arsenal. Combined with some later moves, this can put some shield pressure on the opponent.

DSmash: Gaia
Description: Isaac floats up a bit and spins around, with wind whipping around him (not actually wind push). While spinning, waves of shattered rock spray from Isaac along the ground on both sides.
Damage: 3%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 4% (all damages increase 1.5x rounded down at full charge)
Knockback: Low (horizontal)
Detail: If you’ve ever played Tales of Symphonia, the rock waves are similar to the one created by Botta’s Rock Breaker.
Use: This move fills a similar role to ROB’s downsmash. It is a quick, “Get away!” attack with good range. It doesn’t pack a whole lot of punch, but is good for punishing rollers, spacing opponents, and can actually deal some damage if they get too close. The hitbox goes to about half of Isaac’s height, but can be punished from above. Be careful not too use too much or it will become predicable.

USmash: Stone Spire
Description: Isaac builds power, causing a stone spire to emerge from the ground below his body.
Damage: 13% (20% charged)
Startup: 13
Knockback: Medium High (mainly upward, sides push horizontally a bit more)
Stun: Medium High
Detail: The most knockback is caused at the tip of the spire just when it peaks. KOs off of an average ceiling at about 120%. Has weak hitboxes at Isaac’s feet while the spire is rising.
Use: Noticing a pattern? Isaac struggles when his opponents are above him and he is stuck on the ground. It is ok, but nothing special. The hitbox isn’t too big for such a laggy move, and Isaac’s dash attack doesn’t provide enough of a boost to make Dash Attack Canceling a really viable option, though it might be a decent surprise every once and a while. Although the recovery lag is only medium, the long attack duration makes it fairly punishable.

[size=+1]<Aerials>[/size]

NAir: Magnet
Description: Isaac brings his hands together and does a spinning kick forward. While doing so, a brief flash of a ghostly magnet appears between his hands.
Recovery: Low to medium low
Knockback: Very low (diagonally up)
Detail: This attack has a decently strong pulling effect on all nearby objects and people. The magnet pulls foes in to be hit by the kick.
Use: A very unique aerial that is the basis of much of Isaac’s aerial game. The magnet will suck the opponent in, bringing the foe into Isaac’s forte. It links to a lot of Isaac’s other moves when used at the right time. However, be wary of using this at the wrong time. You might pull the opponent in but not land the kick, or the opponent might be ready and airdodge the attack, leaving Isaac open.

FAir: Pound
Description: Isaac uses one of his infamous hand synergies. He pulls his fist in front of his body while making a hand appear. The hand then clenches into a fist.
Damage: 9%
Startup: 17
Knockback: Medium high (spike)
Stun: Medium High
Detail: If you haven’t seen the hand synergy yet, think along the lines of the master hand in smaller form. Or you could just think of a smaller version of the move Isaac uses in Brawl as an AT (except white). Attack only hits when the hand clenches.
Use: Isaac can either use this move to spike or bring the combat back down to the ground (since he doesn’t particularly deal with the opponent being above him very well). It’s actually relatively quick as far a spikes go, but there isn’t much range and it has a short window. Fun fact, using Magnet to pull them in and then land a Pound is always a fun mindgame.

BAir: Helm Splitter
Description: Isaac rolls backwards, bringing his weapon down behind his body.
Damage: 12%
Detail: Nothing to see here…
Use: This is Isaac’s WoP aerial. It is probably his most solid overall, with a wide hitbox, quick startup, and very good damage. Unfortunately, Isaac has to turn around in order to use this move, so it is quite predictable, and it doesn’t have tremendous range. Isaac players will likely find this as a solid approach and defensive move, as well as a good attack to mix in to keep combos fresh.

DAir: Planetary
Description: Isaac pulls his weapon out and crashes, shoulder first, towards the stage. During the animation, a fiery dragon appears over his body. When Isaac lands, a small explosion occurs.
Damage: 11%, 4%
Startup: 12
Detail: This move modifies Isaac’s fall speed like G&W’s key and Link’s DAir. The second hitbox occurs when (and if) Isaac hits a platform.
Use: This can help Isaac get himself back to the ground quickly, whether it is for his own reasons or just to escape a juggle. Also, this move can actually help Isaac gain some shield pressure, as the second hitbox may shield poke the opponent.

UAir: Apocalypse
Description: Isaac throws an uppercut and turns a bit. An apparition of a girl with a tether appears over Isaac.
Startup: 4
Knockback: Low
Detail: Weapon Unleashes 3:38
This move sweetspots on Isaac’s fist for a bit of extra knockback, but still doesn’t have any KO potential unless the opponent is already very high up. The attack also provides a small upward boost.
Use: This move is a pretty good juggle attack and is EXTREMELY quick. It’s the best move Isaac can use to hit an opponent above him, but the hitbox is still shifted to the front and Isaac needs to get into the air in order to use it. He is still limited on the ground.

[size=+1]<Grabs>[/size]

Grab: Catch
Description: Another of the hand attacks. This time, the psynergy hand reaches out and grabs at the foe.
Startup: (It’s a grab)
Detail: Grab range is about the length of three quarters of a stage builder block.
Use: Grabs are essential for most defensive-based characters. Isaac has a lot of good options out of his grab, so use it when you can. However, it’s got a decent amount of lag if you miss, so don’t.

Grab Attack: Mind Reader
Description: Isaac stares at the opponent and a flash appears over their head.
Damage: 1%
Detail: This is a very quick pummel attack, much like Lucario’s.
Use: Builds some extra damage and really helps to keep Isaac’s moves fresh.

FThrow: Vorpal Slash
Description: Isaac pushes the opponent forward and slashes, leaving a trail of greenish energy.
Knockback: Medium low (horizontal forward)
Detail: Nothing to see here…
Use: It’s weak, but it links to the most moves in Isaac’s arsenal and keeps the opponent in front of him, which is always good. Use this one to start some combos.

BThrow: Carry
Description: Isaac moves his hand backwards, drawing the hand to throw the opponent behind him.
Knockback: Medium high (horizontally backward, and slightly up)
Detail: You should know what the psynergy hand is by now.
Use: Has the potential to kill at higher percentages (around 120%). It also does some pretty good damage, but Isaac can’t really follow up due to the amount of knockback.

DThrow: Ragnarok
Description: Isaac raises his hands, summoning and energy sword that crashes into the ground and emits a burst of energy as it continues to crash.
Damage: 14%
Startup: 14
Recovery: Medium high
[b[Knockback[/b]: None (causes knockdown, but pushes the opponent a bit forward on the ground)
Detail: Psynergy 1 0:00
Once the sword hits the ground, Isaac gains invincibility until the sword disappears.
Use: This move does a whopping 14%, which is never overlooked. Use this throw to deal some heavy damage very quickly, guaranteed. The best use is combining this attack with Ground (the DTilt) to tech chase the opponent and deal heavy damage. However, that requires very good prediction. Also, in teams matches, the high amount of startup means that the other player may have just enough time to interrupt you.

UThrow: Lift
Description: The hand disappears and Isaac glows with energy. He then lifts his hands, throwing the opponent into the air.
Startup: 10
Knockback: Medium to medium high
Detail: I got nothin’…
Use: Isaac’s worst throw, and pretty much only used as a mindgame. Isaac can’t do much with the opponent above him, but it is at least gives enough distance for Isaac to get into the air, where he can take advantage of a pretty solid UAir or other aerials.

[size=+1]<Specials>[/size]

B: Artifact Weapon
Description: Isaac does a basic horizontal swing.
Knockback: Very low
Stun: Very low
Detail: What, where’s the creativity?!? This move looks boring, but let me get into the detail a bit. The basic slash only occurs if B is tapped before Isaac’s Artifact Weapons are charged. This move charges once every 30 seconds. Once charged, Isaac’s hand glows with an aura. The color of the aura shows which attack is unleashed. Each charged attack has its own unique properties. Every 15 seconds once the attack is charged, the aura color is chosen randomly from all available colors (it may stay the same). All colors have a 25% chance of being chosen. Holding B down causes Isaac to charge his artifact weapons, reducing the charge time by 2 additional seconds per second of charge (it would take 10 seconds to completely charge from 0). Holding B also causes the change time of an aura to decrease 1 second for every second of charging. Also, when Isaac uses an attack, he will pull out a different weapon (short sword, long sword, axe, or mace). Each weapon affects each of Isaac’s attacks differently.

-Hammersphere (orange aura)
Description: Isaac pulls out a mace and swings horizontally. The mace leaves an orange energy trail behind as hit moves.
Damage: 15%
Startup: 19
Knockback: Medium high (primarily horizontal, but slightly up)
Stun: Medium high
Detail: This moves deals heavy shield damage, heavy shield stun, and heavy shield push. While Isaac has a mace out, all of his attacks lose 1% damage (except the pummel attack), but have slightly increased shield stun and shield damage. Unfortunately, the range of the mace is slightly shorter than the long sword.
Use: Yep, you guessed it, shield punisher! When Isaac has a Hammersphere loaded, his game gains increased shield pressure. Not only must the opponent be prepared to deal with a potentially devastating shield hit, but after it is unleashed, all of Isaac’s moves will be putting more pressure on the opponent’s shield.

-Life Nourish (green aura)
Description: Isaac pulls out a short sword overhead and slams it straight into the ground, point first. If it connects, spheres of dark green energy move from the opponent to Isaac, collecting near Isaac’s chest.
Damage: 7%
Startup: 13
Recovery: Low (if missed), Medium (if it hits)
Knockback: Medium low (diagonally up)
Detail: This move will heal Isaac 7% if it lands. It has some potential to shield poke and has invincibility on frames 12-13. While Isaac has a short sword out, he deals 1% less damage and his moves decay faster, but the startup lags on all attacks (except pummel) are reduced by 1 frame. The short sword has shorter range than the long sword.
Use: Although 7% isn’t a lot of damage, the heal makes this move cause a large swing. Also, wielding a short sword increased Isaac’s combo potential, although it decreases his killing ability. This is a solid move to use after you have recently stocked your opponent, so Isaac has time to use the increased combo potential, heal, and build up for a weapon switch.

-Void Beam (blue aura)
Description: Isaac pulls out a long sword and points it straight forward, releasing a beam of slightly bluish energy straight forward.
Startup: 16
Knockback: Medium (mostly upward, but slightly horizontal), Medium High (sweetspot)
Detail: The beam has a range of roughly 1.75 stage builder blocks, and is funnel shaped, with the beginning being about half the size of Isaac and the tip being slightly about twice as wide as a long sword. The sweetspot is at the tip. Using this move in the air halts Isaac’s aerial momentum. The long sword is Isaac’s starting weapon.
Use: This move is probably the most useful of Isaac’s unleashes, but it doesn’t provide a weapon change. It has great damage and range, and can kill at the sweetspot at higher percents. The recovery lag is a bit high, but it has a huge hitbox and range to make up for it. It is also very helpful to Isaac because the opponent has more difficulty approaching.

-Meltdown (red aura)
Description: Isaac pulls out an axe, dashes a small distance and grabs. If he connects, Isaac glows with fiery power and lifts the opponent up a bit with his psynergy. He then heaves his axe forward, causing a molten explosion upon contact.
Startup: 9 (dash)
Knockback: Medium high (diagonally up on ground, straight up in air)
Stun: High
Detail: Isaac will automatically grab the opponent during his dash if they are in range. As a grab, Meltdown cannot be shielded. The dash is about the distance of 2.5 stage builder blocks on the ground, and 1 stage builder block in the air. The axe has the longest range and deals slightly increased knockback, but adds 1 frame of lag onto every attack (except pummel).
Use: This move instantly gives Isaac a quick approach option, and keeps the opponent wary of using his shield. The most important part of Meltdown, however, is the axe. This move allows Isaac to kill and space easier, but requires better timing and slightly decreases Isaac’s combo potential.

Side B: Move
Description: Isaac puts his off-hand forward and a psynergy hand appears, moving straight forward.
Damage: 4%
Startup: 18
Knockback: Very Low
Detail: This is like Isaac’s AT in Brawl, but smaller, and the hand is a white color. The hand is roughly the size of Isaac’s head. As it moves, it accelerates until it disappears after traveling about half the distance of FD. There is some wind in front of the hand.
Use: This move not only Isaac’s projectile, but it is also a key spacing move. The wind and mild stun help Isaac control the distance between him and his opponent. The damage isn’t all the great, but it isn’t about damage racking. It’s decent for edgeguarding, but the wind isn’t strong enough to cause major problems.

Down B: Granite
Description: Isaac puts his hand directly in front of him and a Venus Djinni flashes. Then, a golden magic barrier appears in front of Isaac’s body.
Damage: 0%
Startup: 8
Recovery: None
Knockback: None
Stun: None (kinda, see below)
Detail: Ok, this move has maximum priority and a disjointed hitbox. Therefore, it “clanks” with every move in the same. Although it doesn’t deal any real stun, the clank has somewhat increased stun for the opponent. The barrier remains up as long as Isaac is holding B.
Use: Granite is a great defensive tool. It works like an alternate air dodge in a sense. The startup lag is higher, but it guarantees a free punish whenever Isaac executes it correctly. One big help for the move is the opening animation, which looks the same as Move. This allows Isaac to mindgame the opponent and force guesses as what move is coming out.

Up B: Death Leap
Description: Isaac jumps and does a 540 somersault forward. While he is turning backwards, he flashes to his front. (i.e., the attack comes out backwards of the original direction Isaac is facing)
Startup: 10 (when slash actually hits, jump occurs on frame 3)
Knockback: Medium-high (horizontal)
Detail: Frames 1-3 are invincibility frames. On the ground, Isaac jumps slightly about the same as a roll animation and moves in an arc that causes the attack to finish right as he lands. In the air, the horizontal distance is slightly lessened, and the vertical height is better. Isaac can grab the ledge facing backwards, just in case there was any doubt.
Use: Obvious recovery is obvious. This is a pretty good move out of shield, and always forces the opponent to watch their back. The decent knockback makes it a good kill move, but it is often awkward to land. The unique movement of the attack, however, allows Isaac to attempt some interesting combos.

[size=+1]<Final Smash>[/size]

Final Smash: ]Judgement Wise One
Description: A floating rock with one eye appears in the middle of the stage. A beacon of light erupts in the background, and the ray crashes down on Isaac’s location. He’s been imbued with the power of the Golden Sun!
Detail: For the next 15 seconds, Isaac has a fully charged Artifact weapon that immediately recharges and changes whenever he uses it. All of his non-weapon (this includes apparitions) attacks have larger hitboxes and well, and he no longer receives knockback.

[size=+1]<Taunts>[/size]

-Up Taunt: Isaac summons a psynergy hand, which promptly slicks his hair back like a greaser for him.

-Side Taunt: Isaac looks at the screen and a speech bubble pops up. The classic sweat drop image appears inside, and Isaac rolls his eyes.

-Down Taunt: A Venus Djinni pops onto the stage and dances around Isaac for a bit.

Isaac is a defensive character, but that’s a bit generic. Specifically, Isaac’s defense lies in his ability to space properly. However, he only has a somewhat defensive bias. Defensive Isaacs will be a lot more conservative with more choice, but someone who chooses to be more aggressive could take advantage of several of Isaac’s moves that combo well into each other. Regardless, the basic of his spacing lies in the use of four moves: Helm Splitter, Gaia, Magnet, and Move.

Gaia is mainly about panic mode situations and keeping opponents right on the edge. It pushes away people who have gotten too close and keeps people far away where they are. It won’t do a whole lot of damage if the opponent DIs correctly, but it maintains control. Move also is big in the spacing war. It helps control campers as the wind messes with their projectiles. Plus, the projectile and wind effect also help keep the opponent either too far away or approaching in an awkward position. Helm Splitter doesn’t have the best range, but its WoP ability is useful at any time. Naturally, Magnet’s pulling wind has a big effect on spacing. Judicious use of Magnet will pull the opponent into Isaac’s strongest zone where his sweetspots are, close range.

However, small hits are going to take forever to add up, and Isaac will still get out camped by many characters. This is why good Isaacs will be able to take advantage of his counter combo game. What I mean by counter combo is that Isaac usually doesn’t return fire with one attack. He works his opponent into a poor situation (usually through spacing) and then fires off a return combo. This could either be a real combo, or a tech chase.

[size=+1]Possible combo games:[/size]

-Rapid (& Sonic) Smash, Ground, and Ragnarok-
Isaac’s tech chase game. Following the opponents with repeated knockdowns and jabs is always frustrating. Some players will prefer to rack up percentages while the opponent is on the ground. If Isaac has a Meltdown loaded as his artifact attack, this will only add to his chasing game.

-Magnet, Pound-
A simple game that the opponent always has to be aware of. Isaac can bate the opponent into getting too close and then punish with a free spike from the Magnet pull. This move has a high reward, but is also quite risky due to small hitboxes and exact timing.

-Move, Raiden’s Wrath, Apocalypse-
This is a great approach for Isaac. Fire off a Move, immediately fastfall and begin a dash. The opponent will probably expect a grab attack or boost smash. Instead, start an early dash attack and hit them with the weak hitbox, which will combo into a free Apocalypse. You can either try for another or retreat and repeat.

-Magnet, Meltdown-
This is a fun one. Meltdown’s range is limited in the air, so the opponent will probably try and approach from there. If Isaac has a Meltdown loaded, retreat and use Magnet. This should leave the opponent right on the edge of Meltdown’s range, so unleash and deal some heavy knockback.

-Asura, Raiden’s Wrath, Apocalypse, Death Leap-
Probably the coolest killing combo I could think of. If your opponent is at a high enough percent, try and land an Asura (optional). Follow with an instant dash attack (won’t sweetspot) which should combo into Apocalypse. Apocalypse should put the opponent right in range to land a Death Leap for the kill. Remember though, Death Leap will knock the opponent behind your original facing, so this combo should likely be started with Isaac’s back to the edge or the opponent can DI enough to survive. Plus, nothing beats the awesomeness of linking three apparition attacks in a row.

Those are just some that I thought of. I’m sure you guys could come up with more (I imagine that there is a heavy shield damage combo in there somewhere). Try and think of some for different weapons, too!

Symbol: A 16-pointed star

Entrance: An assist trophy is lying on the ground. Suddenly, it opens and Isaac jumps out! Isaac teleports in while spinning, releasing tons of multicolored energy orbs.

Colors:

Kirby Hat:
-Kirby gains Isaac’s golden hair! Unfortunately, this Kirby hat kinda sucks, since Kirby only gains the uncharged Artifact Weapon attack.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Not another sword user!
Colonel: Snake, this isn’t just any sword user. He’s an adept.
Snake: An…adept?
Colonel: Yes, he can use psynergy to attack.
Snake: Psynergy? Is that like…
Colonel: No, Snake, it has nothing to do with fire.
Snake: …

Venus Lighthouse:
Isaac returns to the Venus Lighthouse aerie to do battle!

The lighthouse has a slightly raise section (not too much) in the center of the stage. As you move toward the edges, there is a short staircase. Near each edge is a floating platform that works like the falling blocks in Rainbow Cruise, but it is larger. They will fall after standing on them for 5 seconds. The platforms take about 10-15 seconds to respawn.

Music:
-Golden Sun Music:Super Smash Bros. Brawl Remix
-Venus Lighthouse
-Gaia Rock
-The Elemental Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom