• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl for MLG 09'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L__

Smash Master
If they do, I hope it will be nothing like Evo 2k8.

If anyone watched that, all I have to say is;

SEEEEE PEEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SEEEEEEEEEE PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OMFG CPU!

L__

Smash Master
Forget Melee. I played it the other day. Anyone who still thinks melee is better has something wrong in the head
PM me.

I would love to roast you in arguments then post it for all of Smashboards to see.

If you really think Melee is stupid,

PM ME NOW.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
In terms of actually being FUN and competitve Brawl wins easy. But that was not the point of this thread... The point being Brawl should be in MLG 09'
brawl is so much less competitive than melee it's not even funny

and whichever game is more "fun" is completely opinionated, therefore you're an idiot.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
There are, for the most part, two different competitive crowds for Melee and Brawl. I partake with both, and absolutely love both.

Melee has heavy competition in it's speed and the combos pulled off by precise controls that the player needs to be up to par with. There are just as many combos in Brawl. Yes, they DO exist. People seem to have the definition of combo being something that you cannot escape and you're absolutely doomed. A combo is a multitude of things strung together in succession.

In Brawl, the competition lies within reading your opponents carefully, because dodging is a key aspect to the new game. You need to predict and mindgame your opponent into dodging for you, so that when you DO hit them, it's when they've finished dodging and can't do anything to stop you. You make your own combos happen in Brawl by working and keeping the timing up for hits as they may dodge or not dodge.

Melee is more competitive because it's had a 7+ year legacy behind it. Brawl isn't even a year old, so that explains a lot. That being said, Brawl's developed a lot from the initial heat it got from most Melee players.

They're both fun in their own lights. They're both competitive no matter how much someone wants to try shoot one or the other down. The people are what make the game competitive and develop.

End of discussion, and if Brawl keeps going and gaining speed, I do hope to see it go to MLG. If Melee returns as well, I'll be a happy camper. Can't abandon one for the other, after all. But if it's just Brawl, woot.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I would try to stay on topic before the bickering claims another topic locked.

I guess I wouldn't mind if Brawl was picked up by MLG because any Smash is better than no Smash. It would be freaking amazing if Brawl+ got accepted in a few years though. :laugh:

L__

Smash Master
You mean like you?

Even if Brawl IS slower, I'm not saying it shouldn't be MLG, I'm just saying that Brawl and Melee are different games.

Stop comparing them.

----

What I said to KillerSOS:

Melee has hitstun, Brawl does not. Hitstun is required for the usage of combos, which stimulate the entertainment for avid fighting games.

Brawl has a slower gamespeed, which does not appeal to many veteran fighters, although if you do enjoy it, I'm not going to argue.

Melee has a pre-established empire based off of competitiveness, Brawl had Melee's engine ripped apart to create a completely anti-competitive game. The majority of people that are rejoicing over the fact that Melee's "glitches" have been taken out are the people that could either: A. Not do these themselves, B. Could not find a usage for it themselves, or C. Ignorant beyond belief.

Tell me why you think Brawl is better.

Because there is no actual proof that one game is better than another.

Don't make claims if you can't support them please.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Didn't mean to bring Melee into it (no matter how inevitable it'd be before someone brought it up)

I tend to ramble. Ahahah.

The tl;dr version of what I said though was, "Brawl for MLG 09'!" Hahah.

L__

Smash Master
Why do you think so?

Please state a reason for your answer; otherwise this topic will go down in flames worse than it has already.

LSDX

Wah!
Brawl more competitive than Melee!?

Goes to show "recent" '08ers no nothing of the competitive scene.

[I had an '07 account, needed to get a newer username]

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
There is no reason why Brawl shouldn't be on the circuit. However, it's (sadly) up to them.

Check out their Pro Circuit. The listed games there.
Can you say?: Dull! >:[

Brawl for MLG Pro Cicuit. It's time to create new memories for Smashers. ;]

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
brawl is so much less competitive than melee it's not even funny

and whichever game is more "fun" is completely opinionated, therefore you're an idiot.
Ironic

Whichever game is more "competitive" is completely opinionated, what does that make you?

L__

Smash Master
Also, I'm not going to continue arguing you against Brawl > Melee because that is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

They are different games and I respect your opinion.

Sort of.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It would be nice if Brawl went to MLG I just hope they let hack wii with the no trip code in effect for at least the finals.

I'm more or less against hacking in general but I can see someone throwing a fit if they lost a couple grand because of a random act of being completely helpless for a split second. I know if I lost like that I would just put down my controller and take a long rethinking of why I play smash on a competitive level.

Oh and Melee is Melee, Brawl is Brawl. I enjoy Brawl more then melee because of Sheik but Melee overall is a much better game at least in my humble opinion.

L__

Smash Master
I don't see why people complain about tripping so much.

I've tripped maybe 20 times out of the year I've played it.

Maybe 10.

Or 5.

I've died only once from tripping, and it was because I didn't know what my character was doing lol.

Although, it saved my friend from a Final Smash LOL.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'm really anxious to see the reactions from other top notch gamers like sh0ckwave when our own players (mainly m2k) admit it's ********, though they're brilliant at the game.

For the neutralist, melee is melee and brawl is brawl, but can brawl fill melee's shoes?

I'm very grateful that MLG is reaching out to the Smash Community in the first place. Can't wait to see what brawl's got that's been kept under wraps.

L__

Smash Master
I'm really anxious to see the reactions from other top notch gamers like sh0ckwave when our own players (mainly m2k) admit it's ********, though they're brilliant at the game.

For the neutralist, melee is melee and brawl is brawl, but can brawl fill melee's shoes?

I'm very grateful that MLG is reaching out to the Smash Community in the first place. Can't wait to see what brawl's got that's been kept under wraps.
Why does Brawl need to fill Melee's shoes?

They're two different games.

Remember that.

Just because they're a franchise doesn't mean they should be compared at all times.

And I'm waiting for someone with a more open mind to say something so we can continue an intelligent conversation.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't see why people complain about tripping so much.

I've tripped maybe 20 times out of the year I've played it.

Maybe 10.

Or 5.

I've died only once from tripping, and it was because I didn't know what my character was doing lol.

Although, it saved my friend from a Final Smash LOL.
Everyone's had their own experiences with tripping.
I trip at least twice in every match, and I've tripped about 10 times RIGHT when the announcer shouts GO.

I've also been killed by tripping at least 5 times, TWICE to Ike's fsmash at high percents.
Tripping is just an abomination to the game.

I also like to think that tripping is related to how often your character is on the ground. You won't see Wario or Meta Knight trip as much as a Sonic or Captain Falcon.

I really hope for the MLG to pick up Brawl. I'm pretty sure it'd draw a large number of people into it. We already have a pretty well developed community.

The issue I'm concerned about is what ruleset they'd use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom