• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You can power the move up with Bloodlust, though. That's why his damage %s are decently weak. It makes you dependant on the wise use of the rampage mode.

Edit:
Thanks for the love on Guntz, though. As long as you credit me, feel free to use anything you'd want.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Playing WOW is not a valid excuse. It is an endless grinding session and inferrior to Warcraft 3. It destroyed WC3's story utterly, and because of it we shall never experience the epicness that is WC4. I hope you're happy supporting the bane of my existence.

WC4 > SSB4
Playing WoW isn't a valid excuse because it just isn't very good. Endless grinding can be fun, but there's gotta' be more interaction then WASD and left clicks (and social interactions). If you want an example of an endless grinding experience that's an awesomely fun game and also happens to be an MMO, then play Monster Hunter like me.

Man those are fun games.

Uhm...WarCraft 4. Yeah. I'd honestly rather have StarCraft 2/Diablo 3. Which is good, since I do.

I just saw this thread today and was really intrigued by the idea. I was thinking of making a moveset for Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho and was wondering if it had been done.

Thanks in advanced. I may just go ahead and knock out the moveset today anyway. :)
Yeah he hasn't been done.

And let me just say that I am now eagerly anticipating this. Even if it's a usual 1st-timer bomb, it's...well, it's still freaking Urameshi.

EDIT - Oh yeah. I'll probably end up spending a few weeks driving around the New Englad area, visiting estranged relatives throughout the latter part of December, so if I drop off the map like Kibble...now you people know why.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
You can power the move up with Bloodlust, though. That's why his damage %s are decently weak. It makes you dependant on the wise use of the rampage mode.
But it takes rampage mode to power you up from weaker than Pichu level to just Pichu level.
Why couldn't it have been from weaker than Ike level to Ike level?
Most of Pichu's aerials did between 8 and 14(dair) %.
Yet this guy has a slow laggy aerial that does a maximum of 6%, with a guaranteed additional
5 second stun time afterwards? It's like the kind of move you ALWAYS avoid using,
and it just doesn't seem fair. I know it's a bad example, but all of his attacks just seem sub-par, even with 3% added.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT - Oh yeah. I'll probably end up spending a few weeks driving around the New Englad area, visiting estranged relatives throughout the latter part of December, so if I drop off the map like Kibble...now you people know why.
REVIEW JONATHAN & CHARLOTTE BEFORE YOU DO OR I'LL GO ON A RAMPAGE!

But it takes rampage mode to power you up from weaker than Pichu level to just Pichu level.
Why couldn't it have been from weaker than Ike level to Ike level?
Most of Pichu's aerials did between 8 and 14(dair) %.
Yet this guy has a slow laggy aerial that does a maximum of 6%, with a guaranteed additional
5 second stun time afterwards? It's like the kind of move you ALWAYS avoid using,
and it just doesn't seem fair. I know it's a bad example, but all of his attacks just seem sub-par, even with 3% added.
Eh... I blame it on the people always saying that the moves of my movesets always are too strong. I think I will change him a bit to his actual form, leave from slow damage racker to fast weak damage racker.
Meta Knight says Hi.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Dancingfrogmans bondage between masterpieces!

Yes, this is basically a link-up space which is like the other regulars use. I remember when I first did a link-up space in MYM3, and I believe that I started of the trend with the Link-up spaces, so if you care, I would like you all to say "Thanks Dancingfrogman for thinking of such a marvellous thing"... I didn't hear anything. Anyway, I didn't use the name "Link-up space as all the regulars have the same name for theres, so I decided to be different and thought up of a different name, cause i'm cool like that you see. Want to get to the point already? alright alright. Here is the first moveset I have done in Make Your Move 4 (you'll notice i've only done Sonic characters so far):

Okay, I have to say one thing, if you have red the WHOLE thing, then I congratulate you, this is clearly a moveset which is TL; DR. If this wasn't my work, I would probably be too scared to read the monster. I'll tell you why I put so much detail on this....thing. In MYM3, I wrote under-detailed movesets which I got commented on in numerous reviews in MYM3, so I thought "I need to do better". While MYM3 was on the voting period, I worked on this thing on every saturday, writing larges amount of words just for one move. When I posted this and I ask for a review, I got told the moves are unique, yes, but I wrote TOO MUCH. So I made a leap to far! With my next moveset (Tails Doll), I wrote less detail, but it was still to much. E-123 (my W-I-P) is a hell of a lot less detailed than Tails Doll and Robotnik at this moment. In the latest E-123 review by MasterWarlord, he/she says this moveset could win the whole contest if I shorten the detail. I should be talking about Robotnik more shouldn't I, well heres the quotes people said about Robotnik:

Oh wow...Dr. Robotnik is awesome! I like the inclusion of retro and modern components in the same moveset.

*snaps fingers*
Dr. Robotnik is win. Although I'm still hoping for someone to do the YTP variation.
Great work frogman. Robotnik is an epic moveset. Way to present him.
Epic Eggman moveset, man.
I read part of it and I'll read the whole thing in a bit.
Robotnik looks epic, gonna go take an in-depth look. I already like how you included multiple final smashes.
VERY nice Dr. Robotnik moveset dancingfrogman. Probably your best work yet. Though the white costume freaks me out though....
And to dancingfrogman: That is the best moveset you've done! :laugh:
OMG DR.Eggman was epic win!

Seriously guys, stop posting such epic sets! I'm never gonna be able to decide on my Super Votes at this rate. :)
Tails Doll
[/URL]

Right, Tails Doll now. just for a history lesson, I did a Tails Doll moveset in Make your move 2. It wasn't that good, well, compared to what i am now that is. The Tails Doll which I done in this thread has an mechanic, which is done by pressing down-b, which is the CuRsE Enhancer. I won't talk about it's qualities, as you can simply read the move, although it is an increadibly long move (Over 1,000 words!). Tails Doll has less detail than Dr. Ivo Robotnik, but it was still over-detailed to some people (KingK.Rool), So I picked up the critisism, and used the tips in my next moveset (E-123 Omega). People still liked it, and red enough to see that Tails Doll has a special mechanic. Here are there views:

Nice moveset, dancingfrogman. It's very awesome.
Liked the curse system.
Tails Doll was awesome Frogman!
tails doll is GOD! amazing moveset, frogman. the curse levels are a great mechanic as well.
I like the idea of Curse Bonuses, although it did take me a couple of minutes to get my head around it :laugh:.
It's a great moveset though.
O_O

Great moveset, Frogman. Original and very descriptive. I like the curse system...very creative.
E-123 Omega​
[/URL]

E-123 is the most organised and easier to read moveset over the 2 other movesets i've created. This moveset is basically a 2 in 1 character, not like a Pokemon trainer/Zelda or Shiek way. In my review, it says its a moveset for a generic robot, which E-123 is basically like, but not to the character well. The thing I have to edit the most in to make this more relevant to the character, and to upper the extras to show E-123s personality.

The moveset is amazing, DFM. It's Robotnik on steroids. All the originality pushed to an ever higher level, and with bearable detail and excellent organization. Looks like a highly likely super vote candidate for me. . .But why'd you post it early?
@frogman: Awesome awesome.. His playstyle fights him very well. And the layout is very well-designed and appropriate. You should check out my SSE opening vid since I added him to it
Oh, I didn't see that dancingfrogman.

Looking good so far, and the detachable arm seems quite cool. I'm planning on doing something similar to that in my moveset; were depending on what style my character has the attack has different functions, so with one stance the attack could deal a lot of damage, and in the other it could be a meteor smash etc.

Still, I'm liking it so far, and I'm sure it'll be even better once you actually finish it.
P.S. Omega is crazy good. Im not sure If Ill ever be able to type that much for a brawl character!
@ DFM: Omega is awesome. Your movesets are never a disappointment.
Omega is looking pretty awesome, froggy, I'd like to see it completed. It will even get a place in the SSE.
Undead Hero​
[/URL]

This moveset has 3 important aspects to it, and that is his Command move, nd his Down-b. This moveset is unique as you need to rely on his Magic Count (to restore it, press down-b), as if your out of magic, Undead Hero will be utter garbage. Undead Hero also has many moves that is very useful to his game, such as the command special, and his down-smash. At first, he doesn't seem to have much strengths, as he is incredibly weak (in normal form) for such a build of character.

Undead Hero is killer! :)

His specials - the 'command' ability in particular - are very unique [his side-b reminds me of Kyo's fireball attack thingy from KoF]. Great work, Frogman.
I agree with what's been said so far; I have zero knowledge of the character or game, but must say that undead hero is an awesome set that I actually read the first time I saw it. I'm loving both the command attack & his reliance on MP, it really makes you have to think about every attack & makes for a very interesting character. This very well may be getting a super vote from me :bee:
OK, that is biiiiiig. And awesome. I just skimmed it, but it looks really good. Nice twist on sex kicks, and the down tilt is win.
@Undead Hero: Whoa, the undead hero is deadly [/lamepun]. Seriously, really great job Frogman. Really cool moveset.
Undead Hero is really good, Frogman.
Undead Hero is pretty great. I don't have anything specific to say that hasn't been said already.
Undead Hero was a great move set. I liked the command mechanic, it gives him more strategic options than most regular Brawl characters, so I'd probably main him just for the fun-factor. But then again, he is a skeleton wielding a sword, I'd already main him for that. :laugh:
I'm so super glad you used the original instead of the Advance Heroes version. Awesome moveset all around, though I won't voice any concerns here.

Save that for the probable review. ;)
@dancingfrogman's Undead Hero: Wicked!

This is the most random moveset I have done. AOSTH Robotnik has lots of creativity in his moves. Many people kind off not as high hoped as other people, as they dislike YTP, although I say that they are the more creative moves than the normal ones, and also it's 50% of the moves are YTP, and the other halve of taken from the show directly. Every move is based on what Robotnik does in the cartoons. Robotnik has no special mechanic or playstyle, but the moves themselves have neat cosmetics and traits to seperate the moveset from a standard fighters set, to completly "WTF" moves. This moveset does have some comic relief in it, but it is a serious entry. Here are some of the thoughts about the moveset:

Dancing frogman may very well get a super vote, and defiantly a vote at the very least. It's so, so great! The crouch is hilarious, the attacks are awesome, it really good. And biiiiiiiiig.

:bee::bee:

EDIT: Oh my gosh, that neutral special is so wrong. It's just so... pingas.

EDIT 2: I have to agree with K Rool in that Youtube Poop isn't funny. But, the sheer creativity that is in this set is what makes it so great.
Dancingfrogman gains +1 super vote.

That is my favourite moveset in the contest.
The crouch got me, and the moveset just got better and better.

You may need to fix the code on two of the titles, but that is the only thing.

Congratulation.

:laugh:
That crouch animation scares me...

*reads actual move set*

OH

MY

GOD

Too much epic! Too much epic! It don't think it's possible to have this much epic in one spot! Seriously, you combined those hilarious Youtube-Poop references with some AWESOME moves, like Dair and and the Foward Tilt.

This is better than Kawasaki. This is better than Jonathan and Charlotte. This is even better than Joker! This is BY FAR my favorite move set in MYM4, and ever.

*Bows down to DancingFrogman*
Robotnik: I don't find Youtube Poop all that funny (I know, shoot me), so I'm not quite as enraptured as everyone else seems to be, but this is still a really nice moveset, frogman., with plenty of unique attacks. Not my favourite of yours, but good.
Wow DFM nice work! I lolled a lot especially at the dash attack and Neutral A. Its funny how things appear out of nowhere in almost every move. You know what would be awesome? A Codec.

And maybe you rushed it a bit. Some headers are messed up, up air, and down air, and there are not a few spelling mistakes. But it doesn't matter much, this moveset rocks. Period.
I am offically disturbed my this moveset. i never want to see Dr. Eggman ever again. Good Job... You made my nightmares go away. Now to get rid of the ones you created....

Seriously, it good for the lovers of youtube poops, but to be honest, I wasn't that much of a for. Still good job, expect for the crouch (I saw it, I can't unsaw it).
My internet just exploded.

I know others have said it, but that crouch is frightening.

Anyway, this moveset was so freaking

EPIC

And the best in this contest. It's better than Joker. It's better than Deoxys and Mach Rider. It's better than Chef Kawasaki. It gets a super vote.

I **** myself in 5 places. I pissed lighting. I came. All over the computer monitor.
@robotnik: I LOLed.

but seriously, I have to agree with K.rool here. this is definitely getting a vote from me, but its not frogman's best moveset. I'm not a big fan of YTPs, but I know that people who are fans will like this one WAY more than me. If any of frogman's movesets demand a super vote, it's undead hero :bee:
certainly meeting my expectations, frogman. a super vote might just be in order. i haven't had so much fun reading a moveset since kawasaki, who also will get an SV. i guess i should just say who i'm SV when the time comes:

cortex and tiny
kawasaki
hyper ridley
N, wheelie, or bubblun
sperstar helpers, mach rider, or kefka
the joker, AOSTH robotnik, or the sandbags

EDIT: fixed after thinking for a second. AOSTH robotnik doesn't get a definate yes.
To quote some random person on the internet:

"While I recognize the effort that clearly went into this set, DFM--its originality as well--I just don't think it's deserving enough for a high position in the top 50. I really don't think it's better than Joker, Deoxys, Mach Rider, and Kawasaki. It just strikes me as a funny YTP set like Spade's King Harkinian. But that's just my opinion. It's good, just...not THAT good."

Personally speaking I think YouTube Poop is an absolute affront to comedy. Not only that, but I'm not a big fan of the character himself, even sans YTP. So yeah, from what I read it was a well-built moveset...but because of my predisposition, I'm left the odd man out here.
@DFM:

I like it! A lot! It's a really great moveset AOSTH Robotinik. I don't like YTPs either, but it has a lot of creative attacks, and is really awesome. It is also MAYBE a contender for one of my super votes (though i admit, i think that there are better movesets from you, my favourite being Undead Hero from you). Awesome job man, awesome job :bee:
I won't quote the image, as I'm sure everyone knows which moveset I'm talking about.

Wow. Never before have I laughed so much along with a 'set, to be impressed at the same time is flabbergasting. I can't believe you lived up to my high expectations, DFM, but you did it, and then some, with Robotnik. Moves like his neutral special, his up special, his down air and in fact most of his moves are extremely unique and hilarious to boot. I have to stamp this as one of my all-time favourite movesets sheerly for the enjoyment I've gotten out of it. The question is, vote or super vote? I'm not sure if I can really take the set so seriously - for what it's worth, I love what you did. I hope it places highly, just because that would be deservingly epic.

Strangely, it also seems to have split the community a little in the thread. To throw in my two pence, DFM has only taken reference from the cartoon and the very tip-top 'YouTube Poops', not the ones that repeat sentences over and over in an unfunny manner. I can see why people may not appreciate even that, but DFM deserves credit for his masterpiece! :chuckle:

I salute you, Frogman.
YTP Eggman was definitely the funniest moveset, and I think he deserves a spot on the top fifty, but not a very high one. True, you put a lot of work and description into him, and that's great, but you should do that with a more serious character, cause if you do, they'll probably win the whole freaking contest.
Anyway, Dr. Poopbotnick: I, like several others (thank GOD for sanity), detest YouTube Poop and its pathetic attempts to look cool well I don't think I'll go into that for kindness' sake. HOWEVER this is all combined into one moveset, creating a character sillier than even Wario, which makes the imagery of each attack a delight (somehow). The organisation and effort to detail is top-notch, and it's evident that proper thought and effort went into designing him, though Fluff My Pillows might be too powerful for a quick trap-attack (FIXED FOR FAIRNESS {DFMS EDIT}). Thanks for the quality moveset, I'll be sure to remember it come voting time.
Though I will complain about the lack of an "I'LL DRIVE HIM!!" attack.
I mean, the set's creative and unique and all, but it just crosses the line when it comes to humor. If you haven't watched the cartoon, you won't get half of the moves, and in that sense it's sort of exclusive.

The main thing that got me mad about it was that everyone seems to think the set is amazingly 'epic,' when in reality, it just a clever compilation-turned-moveset of a bunch of funny memes/clips from a not-so-great 90's Sonic cartoon.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Yeah he hasn't been done.

And let me just say that I am now eagerly anticipating this. Even if it's a usual 1st-timer bomb, it's...well, it's still freaking Urameshi.
Ill try to break the trend. Im working diligently on it now, and have gone through most of the specials. Keep looking forward to it! :)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Important Post

Thank you. Now that I have you attention, I'd like to announce my SSE, titled "A Higher Authority." I'll be selecting a few movesets myself, but many spots are available. Please send stuff to me.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ill try to break the trend. Im working diligently on it now, and have gone through most of the specials. Keep looking forward to it! :)
If you're really looking to make a good moveset on your first try, I suggest looking over the movesets of some of this thread's regulars, just so you've got a feel for the kind of things we like to see. A good number of the regular's have got links or "link-up spaces" in their signatures, or you can check out the Stadium (which you can get to via my sig, if you so desire) and look at the list of movesets there.

Best of luck! :)

@Everyone Else: Don't go and volunteer yourselves. Let's not turn this into a "check out my movesetz" spamfest.

Important Post

Thank you. Now that I have you attention, I'd like to announce my SSE, titled "A Higher Authority." I'll be selecting a few movesets myself, but many spots are available. Please send stuff to me.
Is there a reason behind your chosen title, Commander? Like... A certain character's line?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Check out my movesetz!

I kid, I kid. Welcome to MYM.

Lots of people are going away, eh? That's kinda annoying. Well, at least I'll still be here!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
If you're referring to Geno, then no. That's just a coincidence.
Ah, I see. Here I was thinking, "I'm pretty sure a Geno moveset hasn't been made, and I don't know of anyone who's planning on making one."

Honestly, I'm kind of glad it's just a coincidence. Darn Geno fanboys...

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Yusuke Urameshi

Description:

Yusuke Urameshi, Age 14 was a juvenile delinquent whom fought with whoever was looking for a good beating and paid little attention to school (that is when he decided to actually go). However, after a seemingly random act of bravery that resulted in his death, he was forced into a series of trails to regain his life (due to the spirit world being unprepared to take his soul). After his success, Yusuke’s aptness in brawling and his boosted spiritual awareness lead him to be the earths new spirit detective, the sole man (or teen rather) responsible for keeping demons and spirits from taking out an unaware human society. So his tales began…

General Yusuke Strategy

Yusuke is a character who prefers the ground over the air. His projectiles and spacing tools (particularly his throws) are his strongest asset and he can effectively camp most characters, out doing there projectiles with his own and restisting approaches via his forward B and Dsmash. The hit boxe on his projectile is large and quicker to charge then any projectile like it. Characters with projectiles of there own can have trouble resisting yusukes approach if he succefully uses his Down B turning this light weight into a short term Juggernaut. Opponents knocked offstage will want to keep high as Yusuke has a ranged spike to aim downward as well his projectile to launch horizontally. Yusukes Air game is not as dominating as others because while several of his airels have large hitboxes, none of them extend particularly far from his body. However, his ability to mix up his Uair and Bair as solid killing moves is still threatening and short hopped dairs can lead to devastating strings. He also may have trouble aprroaching some of the better campers since his prjectile is still not the fastest around and his down B is very interuptable. Yusuke’s biggest weaknesses are probably his light weight combined with his recovery being only mediocre. Being gimped will always be on Yusuke’s mind, and living to higher percents will be a challenge if he can't call on his spirit cuffs.

Stats:

Power: 6.5/10 (Yusuke moves range from glancing strikes to devastating blows. A little above average in straight up damaging)
Walking Speed: 6/10 (A good pace)
Running Speed: 7.5 (Quicker then most, slightly faster then Pit)
Attack speed: 5/10 (Yusuke’s move range all over the place, but usually have either glaring start up or cool down times)
Weight: 3/10 (Yusuke weighs in similar to Marth)
Falling Speed: 4/10 (Surprisingly floaty)
First Jump: 6/10 (A strong first jump with good vertical height)
Second Jump: 2.5/10 (Yusuke’s Second jump is more of an air dodge looking movement. Very little vertical height gained, though decent horizontal movement)
Range: 4/10 (Yusuke reach isnt spectacular but he does have a disjointed hitbox or two. The rest is all fists and kicks)
Wall Climb: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No
Glide: No

Entrance:

Yusuke jumps in from off screen landing in a squat, does a quick stretch cracking his knuckles then assumes his neutral pose.

Animation:

Neutral: Yusuke stands in a traditional fighting pose, shifting weight between either leg, fist clenched.
Runing: Full on dash arms pumping with hands clenched.
Long standing animation: He smiles, winding up his arm to stretch with a slight “heh” of amusement.
Spot Dodge: His face becomes shocked and he loses his composure and quickly leans back out of the foreground. Quickly returns to Neutral regaining composure.
Roll: Does an actual roll unlike others
Jumps: Leaps up ward with arms down and one leg extended back. I described his second jump above. Falls with one leg extended and arms above head.
Sheild: Braces shelf with arms crossed in bubble, fist clenched.
Dizzy: Yusuke Stumbles back in forth in place, his figer raised and mumbles almost inchoherntly "Did I win?"
Sleep: Yusuke slumps into a corssed legged sitting position and catches his head in hand before it falls further. When he wakes hi blinks repeatedly and jumps with a start into in neutral position.

Specials:

Neutral B: Spirit Gun

Yusuke’s signature move, the spirit gun is a chargeable projectile. Tapping B will result in Yusuke striking the above pose and crying out “Spirit Gun!” firing the shot at the end of the words. That does mean even uncharged there is a startup of about a half second (fairly long). The projectile itself however is rather quick (faster then falcos laser), long (about half the length of falcos laser), and stuns slightly. 5% uncharged.

If you hold B Yusuke will still strike the pose, but will not cry out. Instead he will stand there with his index finger growing in brightness. As soon as you let go of B, He will then cry out “Spirit Gun!” firing again after he finishes his speech. A full charge is recognizable as a glowing burst appears on in his finger tip. Unlike other chargeable projectiles (aka: samus, lucario) you cannot store a full charged shot. He will countinue to charge so long as you hold B (even still standing there after a full charged is received, though you won’t be building up additional power) until B Is released. You can however cancel the entire action by shielding. A fully charged shot has high diagonal knockback, is wider and longer then uncharged shot (semi-beam-like really), and deals a maximum 18% fresh. Deals moderate shield damage, but continues on through shielding or struck opponents (multiplayer application). Full charge takes about 2.5 seconds. Even a full charge can be reflected.

Uncharged shots can be fired in the air. Yusuke Cannot charge shots while in midair, he will immediately release them even if holding B. Cool down time is similar to start up aka the time it take Yusuke to say “Spirit Gun”. Projectiles do not dissipate., and Yusuke can release partially charge shots on the ground for moderate damage. The size/damage of the shot varies with charge length up untill the maximum ful charge.

Up B: Spirit Boost

Yusuke points is finger downwards and fires a beamlike shot of his spirit gun propelling him upwards and damaging opponents directly beneath. A little above average vertical recovery, minimal horizontal. The start up for this pseudo attack is about 9 or 10 frames, so it is no way immediate like many other recovery moves. Timing is essential. The projectile extends to the first surface it strikes, dealing 6%. However, this move is a spike (albeit a weaker one) and therefore can be used offensively. Opponents will not want to recover low against Yusuke. Yusuke can attack out of this recovery. If used while he is already on the ground the projectile will linger a bit as Yusuke is launched in the air so an approaching opponent could be struck by it, but it would not be treated as a spike if the opponent is touching the ground (Like Zelda’s Dair).

Forward B: Spirit Shotgun

Pulls his fist back behind him as if the punch his opponent, only it suddenly glows blue as he yells “Spirit Shotgun” striking forward and sending a wave of mini spirit gun bullets in front of him. He does not release the attack until he calls out the name (in true anime spirit) hence start up times again. The blast covers a cone like hitbox infront of Yusuke out to about the distance of Samus’ tether throw while being as high as his body. Moderate knockback dealing 11% fresh. Useful as a spacing tool and a safety attack to keep enemies away if desired, though the priority isn’t as high as you may expect (clangs with a lot). The cooldown is a little longer then you may expect as Yusuke holds his punching pose a little long (potentially punishable by some). Usuable in air.

Down B: Spirit Cuffs

Yusuke holds his hands infront of him as if in chains only to reveal a pair of yellow energy rings binding him and his spirit energy. He draws his fists above his head straining to pull them off, only to have them suddenly break. His aura flares up suddenly enveloping him and radiating outwards as Yusuke rejoins the fray. The start up leading to the cuffs breaking is notable, a little over a full second, but as soon as his they shatter he gains invicibilty until the short cool down returns him to neutral at which point he loses invincibily. Yusukes does gain a notable increase in launch resistance, to the point he get knocked around more like a heavy weight though other wise he is still unlike them. Also his walk and run speed increase slightly, and the damage for his attacks are increased by 1% damage or by 20% of the original damage, whichever is greater. The Aura last for 10 seconds or until he takes a cumilative 30% damage. After his Aura fades, he can't use his down B for another 20 seconds. A faint blip of his aura signals that he can use it again. He must be on the ground to use this attack.

Regular A Attacks:

Neutral A: A quick right jab. Low start up and cool down with no knock back. Short reach and little priority. 2%
Neutral AA: Follows jab with a stronger left hook. Low start up and cool down with no knock back. Moderate reach and low priority. 3%
Neutral AAA: Follows hook with both hands going into rapid, nearly invisible punches while holding the third A. Each punch deals 1% and coves a small arch in front of Yusuke. Low start up and moderate cool down with no knock back. Moderate reach and low priority.

Dash Attack: Yusuke assaults with his trusty left hook again, though with a slight twist. The start is long as his draws back the punch, but the realease and cool down is very fast. The punch itself does nothing. Their is a slight puff of air the extends just beyond his fist as he finishes the thrust. That is the hitbox, small and disjointed. Yusuke proves his point the he doesnt have to hit you to hit you :). 9% moderate horizontal knockback with moderate to long range and moderate prority.

Tilts

Ftilt: Yusuke steps forward from drawn back left hook with notable force and deceptive range. 6-7 frame start up for 8% and moderate knockback. Low cool down and long reach and moderate priority.

Utilt: An arcing cresent kick from his neutral pose. Sweet spot in the heel when it hits the ground for maximum knock back (which is moderate). Covers a large arc infront of his body and startup and cool down are low. 5% normally, 8% sweetspot. Moderate range and low priority.

Dtilt: Yusuke punches the ground hard, kneeling into the strike sending out a small shock wave coupled with stone debris. There is a high chance of triping opponents immediately around him so long as they are on the ground and not doing a defensive action. 90% chance of tripping. Noticeable start up that is quite interuptable, but little cool down. No Damage, Moderate range.

Aerials

Nair: Yusuke somersaults into an airal headbut. The hit box is close but covers behind him as his head travels the arc from back to front. It has moderate knock back almost straight horizontally. Higher priority then you would expect though below moderate range. 8%

Dair: Yusuke does a quick downwards stomp of kick. If it connects with its sweetspot at the heel when his leg is fully extended, it starts the footstooled animation immediately launching Yusuke upward and the opponent down. If sweet spotted while the opponent is on the ground, they trip. 4% or 7% if sweet spotted. His stomp animation lingers for moderate cool down. Moderate to long range, moderate priority.

Fair: Yusuke drives forward slightly in the air delivering a good ol’ 1-2 punch from his awkward state. A right jab and a left hook, the first dealing 3% with no knock back, the hook dealing 7% with moderate diagonal knockback. To much cool down to WoP. Moderate range and the start up is quick

Uair: A somersaulting kick with a large arch and sweet spot. On the heel toward the back end of the kick (the side Yusuke is not facing). Relatively quick to execute and finish though notable cool down. Can be WoP at the right percents. 9% with moderate diagonal knockback if the front of the arc is hit or 13% with strong diagonal knock back in the opposite direction if back of arc is hit. One of yusukes highest ranged attacks. Moderate priority.

Bair: Yusuke quickly turns around with a spirit wave charged fist delivering a gut wrenching blow. Close range, but 13% damage and strong horizontal knockback. High priority with a quick start up, but horrendous cool down time (nearly a second).

Smashes

FSmash: Yusuke does a quick series of rapid punches (6) and follows with his signature left hook hard to the face. The intial punches are fairly close, but the end punch stretchs longer. Each punch deals 1% followed by a hefty 10% finisher uncharged. The course of the entire attack is similar in length to Zelda’s Fsmash, and can be DI out of, however, even if you get out of the initial 6 hits, improper spacing may lead to getting hit by the left hook with its longer hitbox anyway. Strong diagonal knockback. Fully charged and fresh the intial punches would still deal 1%, but the final hit would deal 15%. Quick start up, notable cool down.

DSmash: A quick burst of Yusukes Spirit Aura strike opponents on all sides near instantaneously and at the same time. Decent horizontal knockback 10% fresh and uncharged. Horrendous cool down but start up is amazing (2 frames). Can be held to deal 15%. Yusukes most reliable safety/spacing tool.

USmash: Yusuke does a spirit aura charged uppercut almost leaving the ground in doing so. The Hit box on the side is not generous like in Zelda’s or Marth’s. You must connect relatively close to his fist. Best used when almost directly underneath. High Priority, High vertical knockback. Moderate start up and cool down. 12% uncharged, 18% full.

Throws:

Yusuke’s grab range is deceptively short (similar to pits). He reaches with his right hand while drawing back his left, ready to punch. When holding an opponent pressing A will cause him to punch them in the face with his free hand.

Fthrow: Yusuke tosses his opponent forward and fires a quick spirit gun shot launching them. Strong diagonal knockback above 60%. 5%

Dthrow: Yusuke slams his opponent into the ground grabbing them in a choke hold with one hand and punching them repeatedly in the face with the other before letting go. No knock back, leaves them on the ground. 11%

Uthrow: Yusuke raises his victim above his head a delievers a quick solid upper cut to the gut. Low Vertical Knockback. 9%.

BThrow. Yusuke turns quickly delievering a headbut to the grabbed foes knocking them into the ground with a bounce. Low knock back. If done with back to edge its very possible to throw an opponent down diagonally of the edge, setting up Yusuke’s Up B spike potentially. 8%

Final Smash:

Yusuke’s Final Smash Is a Spirit Gun shot with all that he’s got. Aiming in front of him he yells in a fury firing a large orb, nearly twice his standing height in diameter forward. The orb archs slightly downward first ignoring terrain and then glides back up to a 45 degree angle skyward. If used on final destination, to the lowest point of its arch would be 1/3 the distance, only dipping a quarter of the way into the stage. By the time it reached the end of the stage its center would be even with the top of Yusuke’s head and continue upwards. The projectile is quick, traveling as fast as falcos laser, but has no knockback. Instead is sucks opponents who get near it in damaging them rapidly and dragging them of the stage to their demise. Like a black hole, once you’re drawn in, you’re never coming back. If you smash DI correctly before you're fully drawn in, you could get out, but you would still take notable damage. The shot would deal about 15% damage per second and probably be off-screen on most stages in less then 3.

Taunts

Up: Yusuke brushes some sweat from bow exclaiming “Ask me next time you need a beating”.
Side: Yusuke points his hand gunlike in a casual stance and smirks saying “Bang”
Down: Yusuke grabs his wrist and points his gunlike postured hand at the ground. His finger starts to glow and there is a sudden updraft.

Snake Chat

COLONEL: Snake, it looks like you're Fighting Yusuke Urameshi
SNAKE: Looks like some punk kid. This should be easier then the others...
COLONEL: Snake! This "kid" is always heavily armed.
SNAKE: Armed? I don't see any weapons...
COLONEL: He is armed with his finger. He can shot large amounts of concentrated spirit energy through it for massive damage. Also he can use thie energy to strike bone shattering punches and kicks like few others can.
SNAKE: ...Magic again... So I'll avoid his finger.
COLONEL: Its Spirit Energy Snake. There is a difference. Oh and watch out, if he wanted to he could fire his Spirit Energy through any apendage.
SNAKE: ...
COLONEL: ...

Items

Concentration Ring:
When picked up it appears as a small band on the wearers index finger. It last for 15 seconds, and while worn, enegy projectiles from there wearer cannot be reflected.
Spirit Egg: Whenyou pick up this item, it dissappears. 10 seconds later, it heals you 40% so long as you didnt attack any foes unless they attacked you first. Also you con only strike them a number of times they struck you.

Costumes

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I glimpsed over it a bit, Lenus Altair.

For a first-timer, definitely a very awesome thing.

You should maybe work a bit on the Standard attacks, they seem to be pretty boring.

Oh, and I beg you, use more BBCode and Colours. If you look at this moveset here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6030066&postcount=2777

You will see how much the colour and BBCoding does for the eye and the better reading. ;)

Just some tips. As said, for a first moveset very well done. Not even above average - FAR above average. :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not bad, Lenus Altair. (I'm gonna put some strikethrough through that name next time I write it. Tell me where you want it, or I'll pick myself. ;))

I really can't suggest much more beyond what Spade said. Get creative with your Standard Attacks, and use some BBCode. Bolding and underlining section headers is always a good start. Work in some color and size changes, too, if you're feeling up to it. There are tons of different organizational styles. Just try to make it easy to read! :)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You see, this is how a standard attack should look like:

^A: “Grim Toss”: Death swings his scythe upwards and then releases it, causing it to fly a slight distance up and forwards while spinning. It spins 3 times, with each hit dealing 2%. Afterwards, the scythe quickly returns to Death’s hands as he dashes forwards while holding his scythe around just in front of himself. He goes forwards about 1/5 of battlefields and the scythe hits for 4% and average knockback. The move has average startup lag despite its somewhat low damage output, mainly due to the scythe’s length and natural disjointedness. It has below average end lag.

See? Creative, detailed, and I used some color to make it easier to see where the move begins. Granted, your B attacks are very detailed, so kudos for those.

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
I'm gone for 4 days and all of this...I've no time to read it all, did anyone post any uber awesome movesets? Also did anyone ever make an image thingy for foamy the squirrel?

BTW what is this BBC Code people keep mentioning?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Good moveset, it just needs what everyone else has said.
It's great for a first time though.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Tsk... I hate how slow the thread is. And it's only gonna get worse for Christmas. For now, though, let's liven things up!

MYM HISTORY LESSON

So... the original MYM. This thread was conceived of by senior forum-goer Fawriel, who thought it'd be a fun but one-time kind of deal. He had grand ideas, though... he planned to personally draw every character and put them in a select screen. Sadly, that never panned out. Fawriel passed the torch to GreatClayMonkey for the second coming and moved on; he posted a bit in MYM 2 and hasn't been seen around the thread since.

Back to the original thread, though! The concept behind it was actually very different than it is now. Today, we figure it as a place to spout any and all movesets, and compete with other master moveset makers. Back then, though, it was a very casual place where you could post any crazy idea that popped into your head. The basic idea was for these to be characters who could never ever make it into the game; hence the opening paragraph of every MYM since. Video game characters were very scarce; there were about three Pokemon movesets, and that was more or less it. Many literary or TV characters made their appearance, as well as "Just for Fun" movesets and historical figures - Ghengis Khan was a personal favourite of mine. And, of course, all the original characters, or OCs, which are still a mainstay of the contest.

The casual atmosphere led to a very casual voting system, and very sketchy results. However, the consensus was that the #1 moveset was Anonymous, linked here.

Interesting how far we've come, isn't it? Let's bring this lesson to an end by advertising Kholdstare's recent and incredibly awesome Anonymous moveset. This thing leaves the above in the dust and stomps on it repeatedly. This is where our renaissance has brought us.

THAT IS ALL. COME BACK NEXT TIME FOR YET ANOTHER RIVETING MYM HISTORY LESSON!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Lenus Altair

Way better than my first moveset, but it shares a couple of problems that can easily be fixed:

1) As much as possible, don't use other character's moves to describe your own. It's convenient, but it takes away from the original feel.

2) Try to switch colors and font sizes around a bit for the sake of readability. The most pressing concern is the dark blue font color your using; props at trying to differentiate visually between special attack titles, but that font color is hard to read at that font size, or without being bolded.

Honestly, Yuusuke is like a DBZ character but not. I don't know how to explain it, but I really wouldn't be excited about a Saiyan making it into a Smash game, but this guy I'd be happy to see in one.

Anyways, keep posting up movesets. Us starters are all tired out and need our pit stop. It's up to random newcomers such as yourself to keep this thread going with actual movesets for the meantime.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
sooooo I'm done w/ all my exams now. I'm working on Spyro, but...
what should his freaking up smash be???
also, could I request that someone make me a spyro kirby hat? seeing as how I'm FAR too lazy to make it myself, I wasn't going to do one, but if one of you nerds trees potatoes awesome ppl could make one for me.... that would be freaking sweet lol
*quotes self* :ohwell:

this is what happens when you have a life... you get ignored lol
:(

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Without reading your moveset: You should try to seperate the several sections of the attacks, use colours which are easier on the eye (that magenta isn't) and use BBCode to show what attack you are talking about - the whole things are eaten by these walls of colour.

Also, I suggest you to make an introduction - what game Luso is from, what her personality and abilities are like, etc.
I don't know the character, and the missing information doesn't help me understanding why she does this or that.

There is a background to the character BTW and it was this format of color I was once told to use, though I did change the colors and split the tilts and smashes for some easier reading

SSE Role and Background

Luso had spent his life being a normal kid, fairly shy but normal; one day when he got detention the teacher had him clean up the library where he found a strange almost blank book, a Grimoire. Upon reading the small bit there Luso was sucked into the final fantasy world and the country known as Ivalice. To get back to his world Luso had to fill his Grimoire, by going on many adventures, eventually he managed to do it and returned to his home.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the advice and encouragment. Ill try to take care of those adjustments tommorow. I do admit some of his regular attacks were filler for the moment, but Ill be sure to improve apon them before tackling another character.

Oh and SirKibble, have fun with that strike. :)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
OMG!!! I love Yu-yu-Hakusho show and Manga XD!!!!!

And yeah, anyway, it looks like an above average moveset, but it could use a bit more creativity on the standard attacks. But hey, that's just me.

It's easily above average. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
MYM5: Hyper_Ridley is, in fact, God.

See, I can be egotisical too. And I'm not afraid to show it.

On a serious note, Death has most of his main move set done, so all I need to do is make the play style section and copy-pasta the extras from the other CV move sets. Expect to see him on Friday or Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom