• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique Thread

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. i do worse in tourney than i do in friendlies... but i'm garbage anyway lol

when i beat him unmercifully, ill repeat the final fantasy fan fare till his ears bleed......
hahaha nice1!
this is sig worthy... (i'm not going to, but yeah)

Corigames

Smash Hero
ill be sure to yell at the top of my lungs and drool every where.... when we dosen't look, ill unplug his controller and donkey kick him in the chest... when he plugs back in, ill over dose on painkillers.... how would they help? who knows.... theres nothing i-b profen can't fix.... when i beat him unmercifully, ill repeat the final fantasy fan fare till his ears bleed......
O_O
Don't do that, he might get hurt or something! I'm not sure, let me ask a doctor, they know this kind of stuff.

Also, try weed or something dude. You do need to chill.

Corigames

Smash Hero
*sigh*
I really don't want to get into a morals conversation, and I'm not going to condone it any further than I already have.

But I will say that I witnessed one pro smasher get 2nd place at a very important tournament last year whil playing under the influence.

Just saying.

duals

Smash Journeyman
this is sig worthy... (i'm not going to, but yeah)
my time will come....

O_O
Don't do that, he might get hurt or something! I'm not sure, let me ask a doctor, they know this kind of stuff.

Also, try weed or something dude. You do need to chill.
it'll totally be ok... the spirit of Samus will come and save me... or just be a hallucination from the pain killers....

but yeah, i do need to relax... i think one reason why im so nervous is the person I;m playing... when i first started, I was hopeless and he would wreck me non-stop... so I trained rigorously and now that i'm better and im confident in myself now.... but that same old me comes out when i face him....

like how a geek gets bullied in school, so he becomes a world class boxer, but panics when he meets those bullies from school.... maybe its just me...lol

Geist

Smash Master
*sigh*
I really don't want to get into a morals conversation, and I'm not going to condone it any further than I already have.

But I will say that I witnessed one pro smasher get 2nd place at a very important tournament last year whil playing under the influence.

Just saying.

But he didn't come in first.
nyah

Falcon combos get me high.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
pffftt.... thats a fruit....
i think that might have been the most typical joke about mango lmao
but i still smiled while reading it... then i lit some candles around the bath tub and...

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ive never seen M2K's Marth fight against a Samus before. You should post vids of that Alukard.
he doesn't let me -___-

and we haven't played in singles tourney for a long while now ...

BTW his marth blows vs samus ... but his sheik is probably the best ever vs samus lol ... holy crap its hard ...

also if i get to go to philly early friday i'll just see if i can get some recorded there =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
This isnt Samus related but if you guys havent seen this, here ya go:

Watching the actual video makes it a zillion times better.

WOMBO COMBO! WOMBO COMBO!
definitely amazing ... especially since tang didn't move an inch lmfaooo ... its like he knew EXACTLY wat SS was going to do lol

Geist

Smash Master
BTW his marth blows vs samus ... but his sheik is probably the best ever vs samus lol ... holy crap its hard ...

also if i get to go to philly early friday i'll just see if i can get some recorded there =]
lol Sheik is the worst counterpick for me. Much worse than ganny.
**** those needles.

I've always wanted to face m2k. I've had friends who have, and I've always been jealous. =[

and lol two of my friends have the Wombo Combo in their sigs

Alukard

Smash Hero
well i don't mind the sheik match up at all .. granted its hard ... but i really hate fighting marth ... like ... a lot lol ... he is sooo gay ... one fair means so much more % as to now u can't CC anything lol thats stupid ... sheik at least doesn't have anything that strong so u kno if they get greedy u have a CC dsmash waiting ... also edge guarding marth is annoying as hell sheik is sooooooo eASY!!!

Watty

Smash Lord
well i don't mind the sheik match up at all .. granted its hard ... but i really hate fighting marth ... like ... a lot lol ... he is sooo gay ... one fair means so much more % as to now u can't CC anything lol thats stupid ... sheik at least doesn't have anything that strong so u kno if they get greedy u have a CC dsmash waiting ... also edge guarding marth is annoying as hell sheik is sooooooo eASY!!!
alright several things uve said i disagree with. I understand what ru saying and again are styles are diffrent not to mention the ppl we play on a daily basis help build who ur good against and such.

problem 1. DREPHEN (yes hes in my crew) is the best against samus in the country.

problem 2. edge guarding marth, 2 words lazy boy (aka the hugs, or fall off the the stage backwards neutral air) it owns.

problem 3. well this is jsut cause i have to play drephen but sheik is way more annoying.

problem 4. at low percents u can CC the forward air.

again style dependant drephen stays on the gruond alot so CC him is very hard which is why hes so good at it he doesnt fall for that ****.

again this is all the things i think prolly cause my style helps and again my favorite matchups

IC
fox
marth
falco
sheik
falcon
peach

Alukard

Smash Hero
alright several things uve said i disagree with. I understand what ru saying and again are styles are diffrent not to mention the ppl we play on a daily basis help build who ur good against and such.

problem 1. DREPHEN (yes hes in my crew) is the best against samus in the country.

problem 2. edge guarding marth, 2 words lazy boy (aka the hugs, or fall off the the stage backwards neutral air) it owns.

problem 3. well this is jsut cause i have to play drephen but sheik is way more annoying.

problem 4. at low percents u can CC the forward air.

again style dependant drephen stays on the gruond alot so CC him is very hard which is why hes so good at it he doesnt fall for that ****.

again this is all the things i think prolly cause my style helps and again my favorite matchups

IC
fox
marth
falco
sheik
falcon
peach
so u hate fighting falco ?

i do too lol ... i hate falco marth and peach ... other then that its cake for me ... seriously ... i dont hate anything else other then those ... also if the CF is really good ... omfg its a gay match up lol

u gotta show me how to beat cactuars marth lol ... i wanna play drephen just a friendly =] ...then again i'm not facing the wackest people either u kno ... i practice with jman hazz for fox ... and cf is scar and hax ... and marth is m2k and cactuar ... so i mean ... i'm not getting beat by randoms ... these players all kno how to show me that i'm a lower tier character lmfaooo

Watty

Smash Lord
no those are my favorite i love falco id actuall say marth and falco are tied for 3rd favorite.

and i know who u play with and i know its not garbage but i actually dont know how long uve been playing and im assuming way after some of those ppl m2k and cactuar so they will be extrememly mean to u its a hard learning curve if ur not as exp. i envy the falcon practice though im good at the matchup but its taken a long time to get good at it.

drephen will def do a friendly with u though

Watty

Smash Lord
IHSB ive heard amazing things bout u lately im liken the style baby cant wait to see ya

Geist

Smash Master
If you don't know what you're doing, Falcon can destroy you xD
I used to have that problem for the longest time. Hugs always seems to be uncomboable though. His DI is way too good.
Sheik is a pain in the ***, but I love the matchup. Opposite with Falco. I don't have as much of a problem with Falco, but I usually end up switching to ganny or something because I hate the matchup...

I might get random videos posted if I have any time btw... school johns...
I don't have a single video on the internet. :[

....I need to ****ing move. You guys get to practice with too many ridiculously good people.
Everyone lives too far awaaaaaaaaay...

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo ****ing samus mains live in ****ed up secluded areas lmfaooo

also yayyy to drephen playing me =]

and i have been playing for ALLLLMOST 2 years now strong ... cuz i was plaiyng for about 4 months without smashboards knowledge lmfaooo ... i thought people were dashdancing to wave dash lmfaooo wat a nub ... but yea ... we should have a crew battle watty swat vs ... u and ur boys =] c.o.c.k. is it?

Watty

Smash Lord
COK and my crew has kinda quit but a few of us but we aregonna combine crews with another to begin amazing so we will see right now we are gonna 3 strong at best lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
A super MEtroid is fine too :D
25 seconds in should not be where the video starts >_>
the thing I hate critiquing about combo videos is you never get to see the player the video is about being bad. So, as long as there are combos, it's hard to say it was bad. However, I can point out stupid things your enemies did.
That Falcon, he just DIed to stay on the bomb on the edge... why? :/
Bad call on the charge shot.
Standing over Ganon gets you no where. Just a thought.
Falcon could have teched like, 3 things in that clip on FoD
Why was Falcon just SHFFLing Knees in the other direction on Yoshi's? That... isn't productive at all...
Ganon's spacing/timing was way off on that edge guard. Wow.
Can people not meteor cancel. I mean, I know you can't get it EVERY time, but... sometimes you gotta get it.
And it was a bit short.

Did you only have 2 people to play for this video? It looked like you are pretty good, but the poeople you were facing didn't. They showed hardly any tech skill, and there was hardly in varience in the combos. I mean, it was mostly Nair, Nair, Nair, Nair or Dair, dtilt, Dair, dtilt, or soemthing like that.

It was fun though, and I liked the crateria music.

Geist

Smash Master
yo ****ing samus mains live in ****ed up secluded areas lmfaooo
lol I know. Seriously wtf?

I live in Nebraska. Pretty god awful ehhh?
lol that's pretty bad. I mean at least I'm surrounded by good communities, but I can't get to them...
But one thing really bad about this place is if you find a smasher here, one of these two things happen:

1) "oh you play smash? who do you main?"
"roy, he is the best"
followed by -_-'

2) "oh you play smash? who do you main?"
"metaknight lol. You should come to Brawl weeklies on mondays that are across the entire city from where you are"
"no ty."

sigh...

Corigames

Smash Hero
1) "oh you play smash? who do you main?"
"roy, he is the best"
followed by -_-'
But...
Roy is a cool dude eh has teh phyre and doesn't afraid of anything.

And, I have made people believe this with my Roy. I sat down and convinced some scrubs that Roy was better than Marth by beating their best Marth player with them and BSed this load about how his combo ability is low, but he can kill at lower percents which makes him stronger and blah blah blah.
One of the highlights of my career in smash and bull ****ting. :D

2) "oh you play smash? who do you main?"
"metaknight lol. You should come to Brawl weeklies on mondays that are across the entire city from where you are"
"no ty."
I had about 5 people who were suppose to come to my tourny this month, but then they backed out. When I asked why they said, "Oh, we didn't notice it was a Melee tourny."

:urg: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... come on. :urg:

Alukard

Smash Hero
I had about 5 people who were suppose to come to my tourny this month, but then they backed out. When I asked why they said, "Oh, we didn't notice it was a Melee tourny."

:urg: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... come on. :urg:
i feel soooo bad for u man lol its like u can't et practice how can u still play this game then lol

Top Bottom