• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

matt4300

Smash Ace
MAD
hitstun 11.75%
gravity 1.6x
damage 1.1x
auto l-cancel
s-canceling

and i know the match isnt that great..first time playing brawl+ :)
heh well i dident know that, but hey atleast you posted a vid :laugh: i wish there were more mabye of some different chars. everyone seems to post fox, shiek, falcon, and zamus vids :ohwell: someone posted some cool vids a couple of days ago, though i think it was sketch hurricain, or was it, no no it was finz with the link vs Gannon and toon link ownage.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
heh well i dident know that, but hey atleast you posted a vid :laugh: i wish there were more mabye of some different chars. everyone seems to post fox, shiek, falcon, and zamus vids :ohwell: someone posted some cool vids a couple of days ago, though i think it was sketch hurricain, or was it, no no it was finz with the link vs Gannon and toon link ownage.
I have more vids coming..so look foward to it very soon! :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
Stagelist

00 (0) - Battle
01 (1) - BattleField (Battlefield)
02 (2) - Final (Final Destination)
03 (3) - Dolpic (Delfino Plaza)
04 (4) - Mansion (Luigi's Mansion)
05 (5) - MarioPast (Mushroomy Kingdom)
06 (6) - Kart (Mario Circuit)
07 (7) - Donkey (75 m)
08 (8) - Jungle (Rumble Falls)
09 (9) - Pirates (Pirate Ship)
0A (10) - Zelda2 (Bridge of Eldin)
0B (11) - Norfair (Norfair)
0C (12) - Orpheon (Frigate Orpheon)
0D (13) - Crayon (Yoshi's Island)
0E (14) - Halberd (Halberd)
0F (15) - TestHalberd_00
10 (16) - TestHalberd_01
11 (17) - TestHalberd_02
12 (18) - Karby2
13 (19) - Starfox (Lylat Cruise)
14 (20) - Stadium (Pokémon Stadium 2)
15 (21) - Tengan (Spear Pillar)
16 (22) - Fzero (Port Town Aero Dive)
17 (23) - Ice (Summit)
18 (24) - Gw (Flat Zone 2)
19 (25) - Emblem (Castle Siege)
1A (26) - TestEmblem_00
1B (27) - TestEmblem_01
1C (28) - Madein (WarioWare, Inc.)
1D (29) - Earth (Distant Planet)
1E (30) - Palutena (Skyworld)
1F (31) - Famicom (Mario Bros.)
20 (32) - Newpork (New Pork City)
21 (33) - Village (Smashville)
22 (34) - Metalgear (Shadow Moses Island)
23 (35) - Greenhill (Green Hill Zone)
24 (36) - Pictchat (PictoChat)
25 (37) - Plankton (Hanenbow)
26 (38) - ConfigTest
27 (39) - Viewer
28 (40) - Result
29 (41) - DxShrine (Temple)
2A (42) - DxYorster (Yoshi's Island)
2B (43) - DxGarden (Jungle Japes)
2C (44) - DxOnett (Onett)
2D (45) - DxGreens (Green Greens)
2E (46) - DxPStadium (Pokémon Stadium)
2F (47) - DxRCruise (Rainbow Cruise)
30 (48) - DxCorneria (Corneria)
31 (49) - DxBigBlue (Big Blue)
32 (50) - DxZebes (Brinstar)
33 (51) - Oldin
34 (52) - Homerun (Homerun Contest)
35 (53) - Edit (Stages made using the Stage Builder.)
36 (54) - Heal (All-Star Resting Stage)
37 (55) - OnlineTraining
38 (56) - TargetBreak (Break The Targets)
39 (57) - CharaRoll
3A (58) - General
3B (59) - Adventure
3C (60) - Adventure0
3D (61) - Adventure2
3E (62) - AdvMeleeTest
3F (63) - AdvMelee
40 (64) - BattleS
41 (65) - BattleFieldS
42 (66) - Max
43 (67) - Unknown

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Does no hacker care to fix the lack of Perfect Shield=Projectile Reflection?

Honestly, I miss that just as much as the tighter gravity.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Does no hacker care to fix the lack of Perfect Shield=Projectile Reflection?

Honestly, I miss that just as much as the tighter gravity.
AGREED!!! that would really help some against the gay *** high tier spam-age like pit, falco, lucario, pika, wolf, ect... but i guess this would also kill link, mario, SAMUS @o@ sigh is there no way to balance this **** game >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
Just wanted to say to you guys that everybody should listen to the SBR Podcast on Monday teh 22nd to hear what they think about Brawl+ and hacking Brawl in general. I know I'm gonna be listening.

maticMan94

Smash Cadet
IMPORTANT!

we've been arguing over the grav mod, and only adjusting fall speed would be better eh?
well after mess with spear piller, I found the up and down velocity modifiers!
one down side, I'm a PAL hacker so you can't directly benefit, but I'll help you the best I can to find it:

go to spear pillar, and make sure palkia comes (the white one, use stage mod or just luck)
normally both modifier are 1 in float (3f8...) and when palkia drops the gravity, it becomes o.5 (3f0..)

hope someone can find it, it's a base adress so just shifting the PAL code might work too

0463E0D0 3F800000
0463E0D4 3F800000

first is the upwards speed modifier, second downward. at 8063E0D8 there is another float, have seen any effects of it yet, but might be horizontal. (DI anyone?)

have fun
Wow that's great! I wish I had the necessary tools to find the NTSC version.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
are you serious paprika? Leafgreen and I have been working on that forever, and you figure it out and with just two lines of coding too!

Great find!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I realize that, but the fact that he found this means that it is just as possible for NTSC. Then again, I don't have experience with converting codes. Would it be that hard?

Almas

Smash Lord
MAD is Melee Air Dodge.

'Shorter Short hops' was the code that most people wanted - reducing the height of short hops but not normal jumps. Of similar interest was a way of increasing the overall speed of a jump without decreasing its height, or impacting on the kill power of vertical moves.

Using this method we can speed up all jumps (increase both modifiers equally), decrease the height of all jumps a little bit (by increasing downwards gravity), then counteract the effect of the slightly increased downwards gravity by also decreasing the horizontal knockback (using the other memory space you mentioned), but increasing all damage ratios overall (using an already existing code).

Which is pretty nifty. Thanks for your code =).

~EDIT: Thought I had the code, but it's not working properly. Will try again once I have the copy for myself.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That looks like the holy grail of gravity modification -- and only one line at that!

Please, could anyone with USB Gecko scope this out for the NTSC?

Props on the discovery, paprika killer.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I've been messing with spear pillar, and I found the up and down velocity modifiers!
one down side, I'm a PAL hacker so you can't directly benefit, but I'll help to find it:

go to spear pillar, and make sure palkia comes (the white one)
normally both modifier are 1 in float (3f8...) and when palkia drops the gravity, it becomes o.5 (3f0..)
hope someone can find it, it's a base adress so just shifting the PAL code might work too

0463E0D0 3F800000
0463E0D4 3F800000

first is the upwards speed modifier, second downward.
have fun
good stuff man...of course making brawl+ more global means having both PAL and NTSC codes

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, I asked Igglyboo in a PM to port it, quoting paprika about how to find it if need be. Hopefully, all goes well and we'll have this code for NTSC by tomorrow or by the end of the weekend (depending on when I get a response).

zxeon

Smash Lord
I've been messing with spear pillar, and I found the up and down velocity modifiers!
one down side, I'm a PAL hacker so you can't directly benefit, but I'll help to find it:

go to spear pillar, and make sure palkia comes (the white one)

0463E0D0 3F800000
0463E0D4 3F800000

first is the upwards speed modifier, second downward.
have fun
Well, I asked Igglyboo in a PM to port it, quoting paprika about how to find it if need be. Hopefully, all goes well and we'll have this code for NTSC by tomorrow or by the end of the weekend (depending on when I get a response).
Frikin awesome I can't wait, I'm all giddy.

Alopex

Smash Ace
the downward is only used when you're actually going down, so modifyng it does not change jump height, only falling. other way round, only adjusting upward lower jump height but not falling speed.
increasing both id just increasing gravity.
I once came across a vulue that might had something to do with actual launch speed, both that was weeks ago.
So the first code would not affect Sonic's UpB or midair jumps, but would effect Ganon's Dair autocancel.

Have you tested if modifying the fall speed but not the jump height still allows Ganon to perform his Dair autocancel?

As I recall, that was one of the things a gravity modifier messed with. But your discovery lets us find out if it was the increased fall component or the decreased jump component that ruined it. Would you mind testing it out and reporting back with your findings?

Hopefully, what you can get is the max possible fall speed value that still allows his Dair autocancel.

zxeon

Smash Lord
So the first code would not affect Sonic's UpB or midair jumps, but would effect Ganon's Dair autocancel.

Have you tested if modifying the fall speed but not the jump height still allows Ganon to perform his Dair autocancel?

As I recall, that was one of the things a gravity modifier messed with. But your discovery lets us find out if it was the increased fall component or the decreased jump component that ruined it. Would you mind testing it out and reporting back with your findings?

Hopefully, what you can get is the max possible fall speed value that still allows his Dair autocancel.
The whole reason Ganon auto-cancels his dair is because you do it on the way up thus it would not be affected.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@Alopex, I'm pretty sure anyone can auto-cancel because the window of frames from jumping to landing is sufficient to contain the entire arial attack.

Even though Ganon may travel upwards the same height, falling faster after the apex of his jump means that there are fewer frames for him to be in the air, so the arial attack lasts longer than the short hop, creating landing lag.

This isn't as big of a deal with ALC or SC.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This is excellent. I can't wait until these get converted to ntsc =D

Also, for whoever was asking about how hitstun was calculated, I'm pretty sure that whatever value these modifiers are for is multiplied to the result, and are not applied directly to what launch speed is divided by, which should be 66.

So I guess technically hitstun is calculated as:

h = m*l / 66

Where h is hitstun in frames, m is the modifier (usually .4), and l is launch speed.

matt4300

Smash Ace
whoa whoa whao... so someone has made a faster falling speed code that doesnt mess with peoples upBs?? yes or no please ^_^'

holy ****en god finnz awsome vid, but **** the samus vs fox and jiggly vs... everyone almost made me give up hope on + that was just all kindas gay and i know it was a combo vid but everyone comboed jiggz and she had like one i also looked at how many lives everyone had.................. poor slow chars >_>

Finns7

Smash Ace
No dude, im telling you dont give up with better DI and learning how to tech alot of that **** would not happpen, jiggs and samus are just the chars I played against, if I played against someone who acutally was good at samus it would be a diff story, Jiggs has rest combos +WOP and Samus's zair with Mad is 2 ****.

Trust me Link/ganon are good his wd really helps him.

Top Bottom