• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Pokemon Researchers

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
The recent thread dissing Pokemon disappoints me.

... at least I'm not feeding the troll... that is, if he isn't perma-banned yet.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Warstory. NAO!!!
Here, I just found it.

Rules: No Seaking, 2 PP ups, 2HKO Clause, Full Health Clause, Santa Clause, Kitten Clause, Pointless Clause that makes the game less fun

Mic_128 sent out Spinda! (Level 100 Spinda)
articanus sent out His mother! (Level 100 Nidoqueen)
Spinda used OHKO! It's super effective!
(600367364309873678269267611526900045% damage)
His mother hung on with its Focus Sash!
His mother fainted!
---
articanus: lolwut?
Mic_128: That's the Pointless Clause, dude.
articanus: 8=====D lmao
Mic_128: I'm going to ban you for that.
(articanus was banned.)
articanus left the room.
Mic_128 wins!

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Here, I just found it.

Rules: No Seaking, 2 PP ups, 2HKO Clause, Full Health Clause, Santa Clause, Kitten Clause, Pointless Clause that makes the game less fun

Mic_128 sent out Spinda! (Level 100 Spinda)
articanus sent out His mother! (Level 100 Nidoqueen)
Spinda used OHKO! It's super effective!
(600367364309873678269267611526900045% damage)
His mother hung on with its Focus Sash!
His mother fainted!
---
articanus: lolwut?
Mic_128: That's the Pointless Clause, dude.
articanus: 8=====D lmao
Mic_128: I'm going to ban you for that.
(articanus was banned.)
articanus left the room.
Mic_128 wins!
LOLWUT?
Srsly (I think I'm dying from laughing)

WouW

Smash Lord
I think I might be able to submit a few entries for the Strategy Dex without direct Copy-Paste from Smogon. (Unless those sets are just plain effective, obviously.)

EDIT: I got bored and already made a test entry.

Sandslash

Physical Sweeper

Adamant/Life Orb
252Atk/176Spe/52HP
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
X-Scissor

Switch into something you can take, like a predicted rock move, Swords Dance and hit 'em with 656 Attack. EVs maximize attack and outspeed Modest

Omastar. Earthquake/Stone Edge are resisted by few, with as only UU Claydol, and for that you have X-Scissor.

Choice Scarf

Adamant/Choice Scarf
252Atk/240Spe/16HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Shadow Claw/Night Slash
X-Scissor

Watch and laugh as your opponent gets owned by a Sandslash outspeeding his Jolly CB Fearow. Or anything else that is Jolly/Timid and has 252

Speed EVs. The only difference between Shadow Claw and Night Slash is that Shadow Claw doesn't affect Normal Types and Night Slash hits NVE vs

Fighting-types.
You could also use 252 Speed EVs and 4 HP EVs to outspeed Lopunny and Manectric. Your choice.

Choice Band

Adamant/Choice Band
252Atk/176Spe/52HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Shadow Claw/Night Slash
X-Scissor

Basically a mix of the previous 2 sets, with the coverage of the Scarf set and the 490+ Attack from the SD set. Basically hit whatever you

(expect to) face HARD.

Other options:

Crush Claw if you like the 50% defense drop. Or Rapid Spin, if you want to use Sandslash as a spinner.

EVs
Max Attack, obviously. Dump in enough Speed EVs to outspeed whatever you want it to outspeed, and put the rest in HP for extra survivability.

Troublesome Pokémon:

Anything with a water attack, like Blastoise or Gastrodon.

(this is UU based btw)

Is this good?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thx for the acceptance in the group jesiah, il be working on some submissions kinda soon (maybe tonight). is there going to be a way i can identify myself as a member of the group in my user cp where i have a white name on the boards? lol. thatd b pretty awesome

D

Deleted member

thx for the acceptance in the group jesiah, il be working on some submissions kinda soon (maybe tonight). is there going to be a way i can identify myself as a member of the group in my user cp where i have a white name on the boards? lol. thatd b pretty awesome
We should be getting a custom Pokeball icon sometime in the near future to grace your profile.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hey Jesiah and Umbreon.

I've got some spare time on my hands due to my first semester of high school ending and second semester is pretty much a free ride. If you need any extra hands for this project, I'm here to give it.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
you have to become a pokemon researcher, read the first post in this thread for more info
So idk about updating threads and stuffs but I'm a VERY knowledgable player, and I can probably give strategies people never dreamed of. I could rely on Chibo to help me update stuff that I need to :bee:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I should probably expand on my "resume".

I've been playing since late R/S/E, have attained high rankings on ladders, have contributed several innovative sets to Smogon and have been a tutor on Smogon.

0RLY

Wait?! What?

EDIT: ...oh... nevermind. One is Light, one is Dark. I thought I stumbled into a parallel dimension on the internetz or something....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when r more researchers going to be chosen? i havnt been able to post any in the past few days, but with another person or two we could really start getting a good list going. can i nominate pink reaper?

A_man13

Smash Master
I dunno. I don't know of too many people who are both capable and willing to fulfill the roll that have applied, so there really isn't too much to pick from. And I believe Reaper was sugested early on but he said no

0RLY

If reaper can't do it, I'll just do it for him. I talk to him like every day. He does have a hectic schedule with work and all. He can just send me ideas and I'll work with it, make it look pretty, etc. I'm on aim for like 7 hours a day, 10 on weekends, so I don't think it's too hard to contact me.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
There's only one spot left?! Hope that I'm qualified. Isn't a Researcher supposed to know about pokemon not battle them like trainers, the Professor's for example. I know all there is about Pokemon, I've even played and beaten all of them(except platinum because it didn't come out yet).

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Though you make a valid point about how how the title researcher is misleading, Pokemon Researchers are people who will post sets in the Strategy Pokedex therefore they need to be experienced in competitive pokemon battling not other fields.

WouW

Smash Lord
I think it's two spots left. Mic_128 was a joke, remember. >_>
And I am knowledgable, can follow formats perfectly, can post constistently, post entries, post entries from the submission thread, and edit and contribute.
Huh? Pokémon? What's that? (lol Cooltrainer quote from Emerald)
And I'd love to be in.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm almost the same as everyone else. I'd love to help, but I'm by far not the best battler (though I can beat quite a few people). Otherwise I'm competent.

D

Deleted member

I added mic_128, and he was my only addition. All others go through JesiahTEG.

Top Bottom