• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junahu

Smash Ace
And since Wispa is a serious entry, and I don't have Megaman9 in my roster, it looks like I have found my Junahu rep in my SSE!:laugh:
OMG YES! Now that you've said it, I hereby proclaim it to be a written contract.

If the analogies I scattered throughout aren't obvious enough, Wispa is supposed to act somewhat like an alluring woman, except she's a chocolate bar, so she fails rather epically at it. There's no internal thoughts or motivations behind her actions, she's just chocolate.. that can move for some reason

She shouldn't talk but, if for whatever reason, you're going to make her talk, I expressly forbid anything other than a thick as mud Geordie accent

and btw. Everyone saying Wispa has to use Red text for it, regardless of how casual the post is. :p

Edit: I hereby give my permission for Wispa to sleaze her name out to every SSE that will take her

D

Deleted member

Reminder: Character request for my SSE will end tomorrow at midnight. If you want to see your movesets in my SSE, request ASAP.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Cadbury's Wispa
The only thing that can do awesome of this magnitude justice is:

Good job!​

Anyway. I'd really like to see you clean Wispa up, because I would so dearly like to vote for her...but while it's probably the most interesting-to-read 'set in the contest, once you get pas the "o snap it's a chocolate bar" thing, it's kind of plain-Jane. I wanted to see the FS be her wrapper coming off...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Oume and Phantom Ganon got me thinking... I will do another OoT boss...

Kholdstare's Last Secret Character:

//////////

Are they Ice Climbers? Yes. Are they Zelda/Sheik? Yes. They are... Twinrova.

I am only doing 10 movesets. Nothing more. G'night.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I would so dearly like to vote for her...but while it's probably the most interesting-to-read 'set in the contest, once you get pas the "o snap it's a chocolate bar" thing, it's kind of plain-Jane.
Yes, I'm obviously going to revise it, after the praise I recieved for it. But I'm sure going to struggle to make a bar of chocolate do anything other than spin or thwack stuff

I wanted to see the FS be her wrapper coming off...
That's, actually a good point. The whole motivation behind most of the moves, was to imply that Wispa wanted to escape from the wrapper. But the wrapper, being protective by nature (wrapper is male, Wispa is female. but both are technically genderless and inanimate) prevents her from escaping.
I'm going to have to come up with another Down Special and up smash so that the FS can be her escape from the wrapper. Grabs and throws are technically safe since it was an explicit choice on the part of the wrapper to separate temporarily.

Problem is, Wispa wants to escape so she can be eaten (being a chocolate bar and all), so the FS is going to have to result in either Wispa losing a stock... or becoming like some kind of Zero Suit Wispa

I just realised that this could probably be the most perverted moveset ever created, if it wasn't specifically about chocolate

@Kholdstare: congratulations on announcing Twinrova. Kee hee hee!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
YES, Twinrova! I see a glorious new rise for old ladies in MYM! First Spade, now you break out these crones... perhaps I should get going on my Channeler moveset!

...Of course, first I have to finish off Kawasaki. Work is slow, and I'm just hoping I don't love inspiration like I did with Orca and Grimer.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Oume and Phantom Ganon got me thinking... I will do another OoT boss...

Kholdstare's Last Secret Character:

//////////

Are they Ice Climbers? Yes. Are they Zelda/Sheik? Yes. They are... Twinrova.

I am only doing 10 movesets. Nothing more. G'night.
You totally must have gotten my hint a few pages back after Spade's moveset. :laugh:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
In attempt to get you exited for the awesomeness that will be Yami, here is a preview:

Side B: (Mind Crush)

Yami extends his arm forward as his millennium puzzle glows. He calls out and seals his opponent fate. The attack has moderate start up time as Yami does the gesture, and the attack only has a range of ½ of Final Destination, however the closest foe within the range gets surrounded quickly by a psychic bubble. It glimmers for a fraction of a second then rapidly smashes in on the foe dealing its damage. It can be shielded or dodged of course since the attack is telegraphed, but if it hits it deals 10% of the of the target characters current damage. It has low vertical knockback and moderate priority if the damage would be 10% or less. It has high vertical knockback and high priority if that damage would be more then 10%. The cool down for Yamis animation is moderate. This is Yamis main KO move and is best used in conjuction with a monsters attack.
Ah! Cool. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I used Mind Crush in my moveset too, but it's not a special attack. Speaking of mine, I got all the A moves written out and I was about to start on the B moves, but I think I might have rushed my first moveset due to excitement to participate so I'm going to sit back and give it some long, serious thought.

@Junahu: The Wispa is really creative and funny!

By the way, who won MYM 3.0?

Agi

Smash Lord
Ah! Cool. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I used Mind Crush in my moveset too, but it's not a special attack. Speaking of mine, I got all the A moves written out and I was about to start on the B moves, but I think I might have rushed my first moveset due to excitement to participate so I'm going to sit back and give it some long, serious thought.

@Junahu: The Wispa is really creative and funny!

By the way, who won MYM 3.0?
That would've been Mendez, with Dracula.

Top 50

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Let me into your womb!

Fiona Belli
and
Hewie

- - - - -

I. Primary Information

Character Biography:

Fiona Belli woke up in a mysterious castle wearing nothing but a sheet; her only clue to how she got there was her memory of the car crash that killed her parents. She quickly met Daniella, the castle maid, and was given a set of stylish clothing. Fiona then was found by the gardener of the manor, a strong, mentally challenged man named Debilitas, who chased her and believed her to be his dolly. After a short while, Fiona she happened upon a white German Shepherd named Hewie—she knew the dog’s name because he had frightened her earlier and she had found his collar. Working together, the two dispatched of Debilitas by dropping a chandelier on him, and he never bothered them again.

Daniella the maid posed a problem after that, as she began pursuing Fiona in hopes of becoming a whole woman; Daniella’s plan for that was to remove Fiona’s uterus, willingly or not. Fiona and Hewie defeated her as well; in the chapel, Daniella was surrounded by a large mirror, the only object she cannot stand. Daniella’s shriek of misery shattered the glass ceiling, and, mesmerized by the glass, poor Daniella made no move to avoid the falling shards. She was impaled to the ground by a exceptionally large shard, and Fiona left the body where it still remains.

Afterwards, Fiona began to be pursued by Riccardo, who revealed to the heiress that he was a clone of her father, and they were both clones of Aureolus Belli: Fiona’s ancestor who searched for Azoth to make him live eternally. Riccardo, however, wanted the Azoth for himself, and planned on using Fiona’s womb as a means to realize that goal. Fiona fainted from the surprise and awoke in a water tower, having been saved by Hewie. Once more Fiona prevailed and used Hewie to knock Riccardo off of the water tower, sending the clone flying to his doom.

Lorenzo was the only one remaining. The old man had appeared to be helping Fiona, although he was just trying to make it easier for him to get at her. He, too, wanted her Azoth, although he did not need to impregnate her to do so. Lorenzo soon gained enough power to become younger once more, and used his magical powers to harass Fiona and make her his. However, Fiona managed to momentarily get rid of Lorenzo, sending the man plummeting into a pit of lava located in the House of Truth. Lorenzo, however, would not be easily defeated and rose again as a flaming body. He chased Fiona from the castle, yet she managed to escape despite constant tremors and a statue falling on her.

Having obtained the key to the gates, Fiona and Hewie managed to escape Belli Castle, leaving the now-friendly Debilitas to tend to the castle himself. The two now join the brawl, using the power of teamwork to overcome any odds.

External Links:

A Short Trailer

Play Style:

More than anything, controlling the team of Fiona and Hewie is all about teamwork. Without Hewie, Fiona would hardly be able to defend herself, and without Fiona, Hewie would never have the strength to live past a few minutes of battle. You must be able to know when to fight and utilize Hewie’s powerful and crippling bite attacks, as well as when to run away with Fiona, using her tilts and aerials to impede opponents while you restore Hewie’s health.

…And just how does the Hewie thing work, anyway? Well, beneath your icon and symbol on the battle screen, there is a health bar, not dissimilar to the HP bar from the Pokémon games. This HP bar is representative of Hewie’s total stamina, which is 120% damage. The bar starts out green, but once Hewie reaches 60%, it turns yellow. If Hewie hits 30%, the bar turns red, a warning sign that your dog needs to be taken care of immediately. If Hewie’s stamina runs out, he collapses to the ground, unconscious. If this happens, Hewie will not be revived until Fiona is either killed and respawns, or she uses her Down Special. In addition, Hewie can be knocked off the stage like any other fighter, and you need to make sure that never happens; if it does, there’s no way to bring Hewie back until you respawn.

So, now that we’ve got Hewie covered, the rest of Fiona’s play style is mostly focused on keeping Hewie alive while incapacitating opponents with your various moves. Antimony Powder (Ftilt) is one of your most invaluable tools, as it stuns your opponent and allows you get in some free hits. Prima Magnesia (Dtilt) is another important attack, as you can have up to three of them on the field. This makes it one of the best edgeguarding attacks in the game, as you can lay them next to the ledges and blow opponents back off. Two other attacks that utilize imposition effects are her Dair and ledge attack. For the former, she releases a small rock that reverses the opponent’s controls temporarily, and her ledge attacks (My Dolly/Crocodile Tears) allow her to stun opponents or trip them.

Fiona and Hewie both have trouble recovering, which is a problem because they’re so light. However, Fiona’s Up Special allows her to get back onto the stage quickly, as long as an opponent doesn’t catch the puppet, which puts her at their mercy. However, Fiona’s bad jumps allow her to use aerial attacks more often, especially moves like Azoth Release and Lashing Pain, both of which are good damage dealers. If you ever need space from your opponents, be sure to use her throws, especially her back throw, which gives her a lot of space and makes it easy for her to escape.

In closing, Fiona’s a difficult character to master; you must learn to balance offensive and defense, which is the hardest part. Judgment is also an important part of playing a good Fiona: judging where to use traps so to maximize their effectiveness, judging when to feed Hewie to recover his damage without taking it yourself, and judging when to attack and when to run away. Like any difficult character, playing a good Fiona is always worth it.

II. Statistics

Fiona Stats:

Power = 4 - Fiona was never one for outdoor activities, and it shows her slow, weak kick attacks.
Weight = 3 - Fiona is lighter than Falco but heavier than Olimar.
Speed = 7 - Running from various stalkers, quick feet were essential in staying alive.
Range = 6 - Fiona has a few projectile moves, but most involve Hewie.
First Jump = 5 - Fiona jumps into the air. Surprisingly, her jump is farther than expected, thanks to her leg strength.
Second Jump = 3 - Unfortunately, Fiona’s not strong enough to propel herself in the air. All she does is kick her legs for an extra boost.
Recovery = 7 - Fiona’s Up B has very good range, although it is easily punishable.
Traction = 6 - Her traction is good thanks to her designer boots; unfortunately, she still manages to trip easily.

Glide: No
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Tether: No
Crawl: No

Hewie Stats:

Power = 6 - A German Shepherd is one of the strongest dogs in the world, and Hewie is just a cut above them.
Weight = 2 - Hewie is the second-lightest character in the game, below Squirtle but above Jigglypuff.
Speed = 7 - He’s a dog; of course he’d be fast!
Range = 2 - Unfortunately, Hewie’s range leaves much to be desired. He has no projectiles whatsoever.
Jump = 4 - Hewie’s horizontal jumping ability is far superior to his vertical jumps.
Traction = 7 - His pads offer better-than average turning capabilities.

Glide: No
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Tether: No
Crawl: Yes

Pros:
  • Fiona can turn invisible if idle for long enough.
  • Recovery has a good range.
  • Hewie is a fast, powerful attack option.
  • Can set many traps for opponents around the field.
  • Quick; has good dodges.
  • Final Smash makes it hard for opponents to control themselves.
  • Good short hops, allowing her to use aerials more.
  • Does well against single opponents.
  • Down Tilt is a wonderful edgeguarding tool.
  • Sexy costume options.
Cons:
  • Relies on Hewie for many attacks.
  • Only a few of her attacks are very powerful.
  • Does not deal well with FFA.
  • Down Special is very slow.
  • Very few viable killing options.
  • Both characters are light and can easily be KO’ed.
  • If Hewie runs out of Stamina, he falls unconscious.
  • If Hewie falls off the stage, he is not revived until Fiona is KO’ed.
  • Final Smash affects Fiona as well.
  • High learning curve.
  • Traps’ usefulness is mitigated if fighting on a large stage.

III. Special Attacks​

Neutral Special: Flintlock Pistol - Is it taken from Riccardo, or Fiona’s cowgirl costume? Who knows; either way, it’s quite slow. This gun takes about one-half second to bring out and another half-second to fire; Fiona clutches the gun with both hands and is clearly nervous as she fires. The bullet is small and nearly impossible to see, and travels at a speed somewhere in between Fox’s laser and Falco’s laser. It fires in a straight line until it hits something or out of the boundaries of the stage. If the bullet connects, it does little knockback but relatively good damage for something so old. However, this move comes at a terrible price: after the gun is fired five times, Fiona takes approximately three seconds to reload it. This animation cannot be cancelled unless Fiona is attacked; if this happens, Fiona will not reload the pistol again until you press the B button once more. Is this move worth it? Perhaps…perhaps not… [5%]

Up Special: Marionette Swap - Fiona tosses a small puppet upward (shaped suspiciously like Daniella, the castle maid), which travels about two character lengths and then arcs forward, slowly falling. As soon this puppet touches any sort of solid object (wall or floor), it sticks to that surface, and Fiona pulls on the marionette’s strings; the two turn into small orbs of light, switching places in a split-second. This attack has good range, and even if it doesn’t land on the stage, it gives Fiona a chance to grab onto the ledge, as the doll can sweetspot. The only downside is that if an opponent catches the puppet (which they can like any other item), Fiona will immediately swap places with the puppet, putting her in a grabbed state. If the opponent grabs the puppet in the air, Fiona will switch places and then be spiked downwards. The puppet doesn’t do any damage, but it does do a little knockback.

Side Special: Go! - Fiona shouts “Go, Hewie!” and points forward. Hewie, like the loyal dog he is, leaps forward with a bark and runs toward the nearest enemy, leaping over gaps and such. Hewie’s AI is very good; he will jump over gaps (he can’t handle anything very long, though) and will leap off platforms, but he won’t run off the stage. Hewie will follow the originally targeted enemy until he attacks them with a short bite attack. However, this attack has a second effect: Hewie will grip the opponent’s hand or leg and begin shaking it violently, growling. This shaking does continual damage, and Hewie won’t stop until Fiona calls him back by pressing the button combination again (“Stop!”) or Hewie is attacked and knocked away. The person being attacked can either shake Hewie off by moving the control stick around, or attack the dog by rapidly pressing the attack button until he’s knocked away, taking damage in the process. The more damage the opponent has, the harder it gets for them to fight off Hewie’s assault. Once Hewie’s attack is finished, he returns to Fiona’s side. If this attack is used when Hewie is unconscious or KO’ed, Fiona will hang her head sadly and say the dog’s name, costing you precious time and lag for about two seconds. [Bite: 8% Shake: 2%]

Down Special: Good Boy! - This is Fiona’s main method of recovering Hewie’s health. It can only be activated when Hewie is near her. When activated, Fiona crouches down and says, “Good boy…” kindly to her dog as Hewie trots over. Fiona hands the dog a piece of beef jerky, and Hewie quickly laps it up as the traditional recovery sparkles swirl around him. Fiona strokes Hewie lovingly as he eats, and then stands up after her dog has finished eating. This move heals Hewie for about one-quarter of his maximum health. Unfortunately, its lag is terrible—the entire move takes about four seconds from start to finish. Would you risk your own life for your dog? Hmm…the choice is difficult. There’s also a 5% chance that when this move is used, Fiona will feed Hewie some Magna Esca instead. This alchemical confection is exceedingly rare in Haunting Ground, but its effect is wonderful: it completely restores Hewie’s health and gives him a small attack boost (2%) for thirty seconds afterwards! If that happens, Hewie will bark happily and glow for a moment after eating. If this move is used while Hewie is unconscious, Fiona will take an extra second to wake him up, and he will be automatically revived with half of his health. [30% healed]

IV. Melee Attacks​

Neutral Combo: Maiden Kick - Fiona’s standard attack from Haunting Ground: a weak, slow kick that was her primary means of defense. Now that she’s gained other means of defending herself, Fiona doesn’t have to rely on this attack as much, but it’s not terrible. When you press the A button, Fiona brings her leg back and then swings it forward in one fluid motion, dealing a bit of knockback and some damage. It’s rather slow starting up, and not exactly her best move. However, it’s a good move to use when Hewie’s occupying the opponent, adding continual damage. This attack has no follow-up attack; if you press A again, Fiona will simply kick again. Another downside to this attack is that its ending lag isn’t enough to use another attack immediately afterwards. [5%]

Dash Attack: Shoulder Ram - In Haunting Ground, this attack could be only used after Fiona did a backstep maneuver, but it makes an appearance in Smash Brothers as her dash attack. Fiona crouches down as she runs and leans forward, using her shoulder. She rams her shoulder upward into the opponent, dealing more knockback and damage than the standard kick. It’s definitely a better move than her kick attack, but if it misses (or the opponent dodge), Fiona will stumble and lose her balance. In addition, it’s got a bit of startup while she’s running, as Fiona needs time to gather her strength and bring her shoulder back to create the proper momentum. [7%]

Forward Tilt: Antimony Powder - Fiona launches a small yellow orb about the size of a marble, although players can still see it. Inside this orb is Refined Antimony Power, which was used in Haunting Ground to stun the stalkers that Fiona had to evade. In Smash Brothers, this alchemical production does relatively the same thing. The yellow orb filled with violet powder flies forward about the length of Bowser. If it comes in contact with an enemy, it bursts, stunning the enemy in place for approximately two seconds. A bit less time than in the actual game, but it had to be balanced enough. The enemy cannot move, obviously, unless they are hit. Therefore, it’s a good move to use with a well-placed Smash. Unfortunately, the range is rather short and the ball flies slowly, allowing it to be dodged easily. The general low speed of this attack prevents it from being spammed. [4%]

Up Tilt: Mandragora’s Shriek - Mandragoras were present in Belli Castle, as they were cultivated by Daniella, the maid. And…it seems that Fiona’s brought along a mandragora of her own to the arena! Fiona holds the plant up; it resembles a small, ugly child. She lifts it above her head and it lets out a terrible, high-pitched shriek! The sound manifests itself in the form of circular sound waves that expand about one character length in all direction. Obviously, its range is good for hitting opponents above you, but once the sound waves have started fading, it won’t hit anything. This move, like almost all of Fiona’s moves, has ending lag as Fiona lowers her arms and stows the mandragora away in hammerspace. This move also panics Fiona slightly, increasing her chance to trip by 30% for approximately ten seconds after. [8%]

Down Tilt: Prima Magnesia - Fiona crouches down and quickly places something on the ground before standing back up. It looks like a simple green sparkle, but in reality it’s a deadly trap: a magnesium bomb. When an opponent steps on the magnesium bomb, it explodes violently in a small column of fire, sending opponents flying up into the air. It deals good damage and is one of Fiona’s best killing moves; unfortunately, its potency is quite variable. Fiona can only have up to three magnesium bombs on the field at one time, making it much less deadly on a large stage such as Hyrule Temple where the chances of setting one off are less. The bomb does not disappear until it is stepped on, making it a very useful edgeguarding tool. It takes a second for Fiona to place the bomb as she crouches. [10%]

V. Smash Attacks​

Forward Smash: Lupine Lunge - This is a much quicker alternative to Fiona’s Side Special, especially if she’s forced to fight in close quarters. Fiona doesn’t even need to verbalize a command to Hewie; when the charged attack is released, the dog leaps forward a short distance (less than a small stage building block) with a triumphant bark, his snout taking on the properties of a sword as he bites the enemy. This is a single bite attack, but deals good knockback and damage. This is a solid attack and a good move to use in close quarters, especially since most opponents don’t expect Hewie to be attacking them; their attention is focused on Fiona. Unfortunately, this attack’s short range means that it can only be used in close quarters; in addition, its range is extended directly in front of Fiona, rather low to the ground, so you could, in theory, just jump over the attack to dodge it. [12%]

Up Smash: Window Cutter - Fiona brings in Daniella’s weapon of choice to the Brawl this time; perhaps she’ll bring in Debilitas’ as well? Fiona suddenly produces a large (and I mean large) shard of glass from hammerspace, swinging it upward, starting from in front of herself and moving it until it’s pointing up. The glass is slightly longer than a Home Run Bat, and it provides great knockback even though the damage isn’t as high as some of Fiona’s other attacks. This attack, unfortunately, causes a small amount of damage to Fiona during the attack, as the jagged glass slides across Fiona’s palm during the attack; it breaks the skin and Fiona gasps, quickly wiping the blood on her shirt as she puts the glass away. [9%, you take 2%]

Down Smash: Stay! - This attack is yet another example of Fiona’s wide variety of traps. It’s also another example of how much Fiona relies on Hewie. When the attack is charged, Fiona holds her hand over Hewie’s head, palm pointing downward. She says “Stay,” in a commanding tone, and Hewie crouches low to the ground as if about to pounce, his fur bristled and growling angrily. However, like all dogs, Hewie can’t just stand there forever. The more health he has, the longer he can sit still without finally losing interest and returning to Fiona’s side. If he’s at maximum health, he will stay put for approximately twelve seconds, with the time decreasing by a second each time he takes 10% damage. When an opponent comes near Hewie, he leaps at them, jumping onto their neck and biting it viciously. This attack causes a lot of damage, but no knockback. It’s also much easier for the opponent to knock Hewie off than with Fiona’s side special, and Hewie takes more damage when he is knocked off. [Initial: 12% Extra: 4%]

VI. Aerial Attacks​

Neutral Air: Azoth Release - A small glowing cloud surrounds Fiona momentarily, signifying that her Azoth odor is now in the air. Within three seconds, four small blue orbs will appear at the edges of the screen, heading slowly towards Fiona. These orbs are Luminessants, tracking Fiona by way of her Azoth odor. They move slowly (about half the speed of Wolf’s lasers) and wind their way in the air, moving up and down and twisting about at first, then straightening their course as they draw closer to Fiona. If they hit Fiona, she WILL take damage; the idea is to lure the Luminessants so they will hit opponents instead. It’s not too difficult, but the Luminessants will disappear if they hit a stage obstacle. When a Luminessant comes into contact with anybody (including Fiona), they will dissipate in a puff of blue light and knock the opponent back slightly. If a Luminessant doesn’t hit anything in fifteen seconds, it disappears. Fiona cannot use this move again until all Luminessants have disappeared from the field. [7% each. 4 possible hits]

Forward Air: Lashing Pain - Fiona produces a snakeskin whip that she uses in one of her many outfits, “Illegal in Some States.” Fiona swings it forward, and it flies down approximately one character length before it curves back and returns upward into Fiona’s hand. This attack does good damage and knockback, and is a solid attack. Fiona’s short hops make this attack easy to use, and since it also attacks slightly beneath her, there’s almost nothing to lose while using it. One final thing: if this attack is used on another midair opponent, it will spike them downwards; unfortunately, this property of the attack is rarely used, thanks to Fiona’s abysmal recovery. [9%]

Back Air: The Backhander - Fiona performs a vicious backhand slap, having to turn around as she does so. While it doesn’t do much damage by itself, by pressing the button a second time, you can have Fiona follow up with an elbow attack, in which she thrusts the same elbow back, (hopefully) hitting the opponent in the gut and sending them flying! Well, not really…this attack, unfortunately, still doesn’t do a lot of damage but it’s a good way of interrupting opponents’ attacks with the surprise second strike. Of course, you need to hit with the first attack to hit with the second, but if her slap hits, then the elbow’s almost a guaranteed hit. [Slap: 3% Elbow: 6%]

Up Air: Fiery Poker - The move’s name speaks for itself. Fiona produces a poker used for stoking a fire, its pointed end glowing bright orange. All she does is thrust it upwards, making a useful, not-so-complicated attack. The poker has a slightly longer range than the shard of glass that Fiona sometimes wields, but it isn’t as wide, meaning it does almost no damage unless you hit with the burning tip. This attack doesn’t do a lot of knockback whether or not you connect with it properly, but its damage is nothing to sniff at. Its main disadvantage is that it’s rather difficult to hit with. [8%]

Down Air: Weeping Stone - Fiona has to use many items in Smash Brothers, thanks to her low physical strength. She brings out another separate item from the depths of survival horror hammerspace: a weeping stone. Fiona throws the rock at a diagonally-downward trajectory, and it causes a small amount of damage, as well as a bit of weak knockback. However, this stone has another property; when it stops moving on the ground (it bounces off opponents), it begins releasing a blue aura comparable in size to Jigglypuff’s Sing attack. This rock also releases a sound of its own; the sound of a woman crying in total depression. The stone is on the field for approximately five seconds, and if an opponent touches this blue aura (unless they’re in the air), their controls will be reversed for five seconds. A useful ploy to keep your enemies away from you. [3%]

VII. Grabs and Throws​

Grab: Reluctance - Fiona swings her arm forward in an attempt to grab the opponent. It doesn’t have very good reach, and she looks almost scared as she pulls the enemy closer. Perhaps she doesn’t want to be so close to them? [1%]

Grab Attack: Hidden Protector - From either side of the person Fiona is holding, Hewie nips the opponent angrily. Despite the rest of Hewie’s attacks, this bite doesn’t do as much damage due to the fact that his bite is almost playful. [3%]

Forward Throw: Tabletop - Fiona pushes her adversary forward with surprising force as Hewie crouches low behind the enemy’s legs. When the opponent is pushed back, they topple backwards over Hewie and fall down, taking a hard blow. It seems sort of an immature move on Fiona’s part, but she’s learned to use whatever measures she can to overcome her opponents. This attack doesn’t do a lot of damage, unfortunately, and it doesn’t do any knockback, either. The opponent merely lies there, so it sometimes can be a problem for Fiona, forcing her to run away before the opponent gets back up. [7%]

Back Throw: Personal Space - Fiona doesn’t even throw her opponent for this one. Instead of tossing the enemy, Fiona holds them in place as she runs to the other side of them (or whatever direction she’s facing). Fiona then pushes (not throws) the opponent back and begins running away. This move automatically puts Fiona in a running state, so it’s a great move for spacing and getting away. It’s probably her quickest throw, and also her most useful. This throw is almost essential to playing Fiona well, since she doesn’t fare well in close combat. Not only is it a good way to run away, it’s also perfect for luring your opponents back towards you and into traps. This throw will push opponents off the stage, but it’s very simple for them to get back on (even if they have a lot of damage). This attack’s low damage output serves as a simple setback. [3%]

Up Throw: Juggling Dog - This throw actually does not involve Fiona besides her holding them. Therefore, it doesn’t work unless Hewie is close enough. Hewie towards the opponent, swinging his head up and chomping his powerful jaws. This powerful bite attack connects with the opponent’s backside (or maybe front side) and sends them flying up into the air, taking good damage, though rather low knockback, since Hewie’s a dog and all. However, it’s a good move for racking up damage and can sometimes provide Fiona with a wide enough window of opportunity to escape from close combat once again. [10%]

Down Throw: Broken Promise - Fiona lays the opponent down as Hewie watches intently. She straddles them, grips their head and thrusts it back, exposing their throat. Fiona then produces the same shard of glass she uses in her Up Smash, setting it against the opponent and then quickly bringing it across the opponent’s neck with blinding speed; as she performs this gruesome action, Fiona looks away, her eyes shut and face fearful. If she’s so squeamish, then why does she do it? Once again, she has to do whatever’s necessary. This throw is the strongest in her repertoire, even though it does no knockback and leaves the opponent on the ground like her forward throw. Also, like her Up Smash, this move causes Fiona to take a bit of damage. [12%, you take 2%]

VIII. Misc. Attacks and Animations​

Rising Attack: Help! - Straight from Panic Mode, Fiona shouts “Help!” loudly, bidding Hewie to come protect her as she gets up. Hewie obeys loyally, leaping towards the opponent and grabbing onto their leg, holding them in place while Fiona gets back up. All Hewie does is one single bite, meaning that it doesn’t do as much damage as Fiona’s other moves involving Hewie. However, this is still a very useful move, mostly because Fiona’s slow get up speed is remedied by her dog’s presence. Obviously, if Hewie isn’t close enough to hear Fiona, this attack won’t work and Fiona’s cry for help will be for nothing. This bite attack does no knockback. If there is no enemy around Fiona, this attack merely calls Hewie to her side. [6%]

Ledge Attack (>100%): My Dolly - Fiona pulls a tiny, dirty bisque doll from her pockets, and tosses it up onto the stage. In the games, this was used to distract Debilitas, and Fiona uses it for the same purposes here. The doll doesn’t fly very far, but if it hits an opponent, it “confuses” them for a second, meaning that they look around for one second, a very blank, confused expression on their faces. While they do this, Fiona quickly pulls herself up onto the ledge. If the dolls misses, it just disappears once it hits the floor. The doll doesn’t do any damage.

Ledge Attack (<100%): Crocodile Tears - Fiona pulls herself up on the ledge, and bends over, still on her knees. She begins to cry and wail loudly, having now realized that her attempts at fighting are completely useless. While Fiona is crying, she has invincibility frames—the whole animation lasts for a total of two seconds. If an opponent attacks Fiona while she is crying, she suddenly stops crying and swings her fist out, automatically tripping the opponent before leaping to her feet. This is a good move to catch opponents off guard, although it usually can’t be used more than once per fight due to the fact that it gets predictable after a while. [2%]

Standing:
Fiona stands, one hand clutched into a fist over her chest. She occasionally looks fearfully from side to side, showing her paranoia. If Fiona stands still for approximately two seconds, she will disappear, thanks to her Fairy Earrings. These allow her to move very slowly, but she cannot jump.
Hewie stands proudly, panting and looking at his master expectantly.
Walking:
Fiona nervously begins to walk, her hands still in the same position. This is a very, very slow walk.
Hewie walks forward normally, his head bent lower. He walks at a slightly faster pace than Fiona but never leaves her side unless commanded to.
Running:
Fiona holds her arms down at an angle and swings them slightly as she runs. Her run is much faster.
Hewie enters a galloping sort of animation, heading for his target with animalistic efficiency. He occasionally barks or growls.
Crouching:
Using her arms as balances, Fiona gets down on one knee, though the other leg is still bent slightly.
Hewie presses his body completely against the ground, staring ahead. If crawling, he uses his paws to belly crawl.
Sleepy:
Fiona lies prone on the ground, one arm by her side, the other thrown back in a dramatic pose resembling fainting.
Hewie curls up, looking absolutely adorable. If he sleeps for at least three seconds, he gets on his back instead.
Dizzy:
Fiona puts her hands on the sides of her head and swings her head in a circle, uttering a short moan every few seconds.
Hewie bends his head low to the ground and puts his paws over his nose in submission, whimpering.

IX. Final Smash: Panic Attack​

As soon as Fiona’s Final Smash is activated, she lets out a scream of panic, and the actions freezes momentarily, all the colors inverted. The scene then begins again, with everything faded, blurry, and colored a grainy black-and-white shade, as if the brawl has suddenly been transformed into a bad fifties horror film. All the players (including Fiona) begin to run in whatever direction they’re facing, with the following attributes doubled: speed, knockback taken, and damage taken. Nobody can stop running until the Final Smash is over; no attacks can be used. Players will lose their balance and often almost fall over, leading you to keep them from falling. You can turn around, even though it’ s hard to do, and the chance of tripping is high—about 85%. If you trip, you’re forced to crawl along the ground (even characters that can’t crawl) until the Final Smash ends.

Now, why in the world would this be a good Final Smash? The thing is…Fiona’s the only one who can take advantage of this situation. Since the Final Smash affects everybody onscreen (even aerial opponents), they’re all sitting ducks. If you control Fiona, the only thing you can do (besides run) is press B; if you do this, Fiona desperately screams “Hewie!” as she runs around wildly. Hewie will reply by leaping towards opponents and biting them in the air as he passes them by, dealing a lot more damage than normal, as well as a great amount of knockback. Simply, if you mash the B button enough, chances are you will take out at least one opponent. This Final Smash lasts for fifteen seconds; when it’s over the screen fades back to normal over two seconds. If you are KO’ed during this Final Smash, you will respawn with panicked status again. Just learn to control Fiona and you’ll be fine. [18% per bite]

X. Extras​

Up Taunt: Fiona clasps her hands as if praying and looks up to the sky with a sorrowful look on her face.
Side Taunt: Fiona swings one arm down (the one she’s not holding in front of her chest) and cries, “Leave me alone!”
Down Taunt: Fiona bends down and rubs Hewie’s head affectionately, cooing “Good boy!”

Kirby Hat: Kirby steals Fiona’s short blonde ponytail and can use her old flintlock pistol as his neutral special.

Symbol:
The caduceus; this is most well-known as Hermes’ cane, but it is also the symbol for Azoth, the essence of life which Fiona possesses.

Entrance Animation: Fiona steps forward, her Fairy Earrings wearing off as she fades into existence. After furtively glancing around for a moment, she says, “Hewie!” and calls the dog to her side.

Victory Theme: Precious Hewie Remix (At least :48)

Victory Act 1: Fiona is on her knees next to Hewie, who is sitting beside her, looking happy. Fiona rubs his necks energetically and smiles. “Great job, Hewie!” she says proudly; she is answered by Hewie barking happily and licking her face. She laughs at this and the two look at the screen proudly.
Victory Act 2: Fiona looks sadly at the screen, her gaze slightly lowered as if looking to someone shorter than she is. She clasps her hands in front of her mouth and then moves them to her chest, saying, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
Victory Act 3: Fiona stands next to Hewie, who suddenly barks and runs off the right side of the screen. Surprised, Fiona calls his name and runs off after him.

Losing Act: Fiona consolingly sits next to Hewie, who is lying on the ground, clearly disappointed. Fiona claps softly for the opponent while looking at her dog concernedly.

Wiimote Selection Sound: Fiona says “Go, Hewie!” followed by a dog’s bark.

Crowd Chant: “Go, Fi-oh-na!” *Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*

Snake CODEC Conversation:

Snake: Hmm…this little lady is quite attractive.
Otacon: That’s Fiona Belli, the heiress of an old Italian family that practices alchemy.
Snake: So she’s probably got a couple of odd powers…mind telling me why she has a dog following her around?
Otacon: That’s Hewie, her pet. My sources indicate that he’s her main source of offensive power; without him, she’s almost defenseless.
Snake: Well, he should be easy enough to get rid of, since he’s a dog and all. Anything else I should know?
Otacon: Fiona’s medical records indicate that she has frequent panic attacks. Perhaps if you attacked her enough, she’d lose her focus?

Fiona’s Alternate Outfits: (Left-Right, Top-Down)

Under the Scalpel - Fiona wears this costume after she is captured by Riccardo. Her hair is down and she wears nothing but a very short, blood-stained smock. It’s quite a disturbing outfit, and one that shows just how serious many of Fiona’s pursuers were just to obtain her Azoth.

Texas Cowgirl - After beating the game once, you unlock this costume. Fiona sports some fancy and revealing chaps, as well a nice pair of gloves and a cowboy hat. Strangely, she’s not wearing a shirt…him, perhaps she should get that checked out?

Illegal in Some States - This is the outfit her whip originated from; Fiona wears a typical bondage-style black leather outfit with high, classy boots. It reveals the sides of her cleavage, although…you can’t really see it from that angle in Smash Brothers.

Fiona the Frog - A nod to Capcom’s mascot, Frogger, Fiona dons a full-body frog outfit. In the games, it let her backstep without losing stamina, but in Smash Brothers, all it does is make her look silly. Still, it’s probably good for a laugh.

Hewie’s Alternate Outfits:

Classic German Shepherd - Instead of a white coat, Hewie now has a classic brown and black coat, giving him a rougher, more intimidating appearance. In Haunting Ground, this would increase his attack strength while making him harder to control. However, it’s merely a cosmetic change here.

Stuffed Hewie - Aw! A favorite of many, this is Hewie as a stuffed animal. In Haunting Ground, it was the most sought-after costume because it made Hewie invincible. Here, it just makes him look adorable and fuzzy. Combine with ‘Fiona the Frog’ for an unintentionally hilarious duo.

Unlocking Fiona:
  • Beat Classic on at least HARD mode with 2 stocks or less and no continues.
  • Play 510 Brawls.
  • Unlock her in the Subspace Emissary.
Unlock Message: The heiress, Fiona Belli, joins the fight with her faithful dog, Hewie!

Trophies:

Fiona Belli - A young English girl who wakes up in an old castle after surviving a car crash that killed her parents. She befriends a German Shepherd named Hewie, who serves as her best friend and primary means of defense throughout her time of imprisonment. Fiona learns that she possesses “Azoth,” the essence of life which is the reason for her imprisonment. Despite her attractive appearance, Fiona is quiet and shy; she makes up for her lack of physical strength with a quick mind.
Hewie - A white German Shepherd who is brought to Belli Castle for experimenting. He is saved by Fiona Belli, and follows her throughout the game, protecting her and helping her with various tasks. Hewie is highly intelligent and observant, noticing things Fiona would have otherwise overlooked. He saves Fiona’s life more than once, and escapes the castle with her, becoming her lifelong friend. He is very fond of beef jerky as well.
Panic Attack - Fiona’s Final Smash, inspired by the “Panic Mode” aspect of Haunting Ground. The attack causes all players to completely lose control of themselves and run around the stage wildly as the screen turns grainy like an old movie. Fiona is the only character able to attack while in this state, utilizing Hewie to attack her impaired opponents. Controlling Fiona is one of the hardest aspects of this move, but otherwise it can easily turn the tide of battle.
Belli Castle - An ancient European castle owned by the Belli family, which was known for its affinity with alchemy. The castle lies in the middle of the Chaos Forest, and possesses many luxuries, including a sprawling guest suite, indoor garden, and carousel! There is also a mysterious water tower located nearby, in which there is a strange room with a glowing cube used to keep prisoners…
Debilitas - The demented gardener of Belli Castle. Despite the man’s enormous size, his mental capacity is no greater than that of a child. He is responsible for the grounds upkeep of the castle and takes to following Fiona at the beginning of the game, seeing her as a “dolly.” Despite his great physical strength, he is easily duped, and can be distracted by his own bisque doll that Fiona comes across.
Daniella - The Belli Castle maid. She is a homunculus, or a puppet of sorts. She has no emotions, and is coldly logical. Although she seems to be neutral towards Fiona at first, her animosity is soon revealed; since Daniella is incomplete, she is jealous of Fiona and wishes to take Fiona’s Azoth for her own. According to Daniella, this Azoth is the essence of woman. She fights using either a large shard of glass or a fire poker. She cannot stand mirrors since they remind her of her own imperfection.
Riccardo - Although Riccardo seems to be the castle butler, he holds much more power than he lets on: he basically runs the castle. A clone of Aureolus Lorenzo Belli, Riccardo captures Fiona in the hopes that he can be reborn eternally through her Azoth. He captures her in the Chaos Forest and pursues her throughout the water tower, using his old pistol to scare her. In one ending of the game, Riccardo does successfully take Fiona as his own and impregnates her.
Lorenzo - Aureolus Lorenzo Belli, the ancient alchemist who seeks Azoth. He made numerous clones of himself over the years, the most recent and successful of which were Riccardo, who became the castle butler, and Ugo, who escaped, married a woman named Ayla, and gave birth to Fiona, transferring his Azoth to her. At the time of Haunting Ground, Lorenzo is old and decrepit (in fact, he chases Fiona in a wheelchair) although by the end he returns to his youthful physique.
Young Lorenzo - Near the end of the game, Lorenzo manages to attain enough power to regress back to his youth. As a young man, Lorenzo possesses incredible magical strength, able to teleport and strike Fiona with waves of fire. He is defeated when Fiona damages him enough and he falls into a pit of lava; however, he still manages to come back as a flaming skeleton, whose mere touch will kill Fiona.

Stage - Chaos Forest:

A stage located on a cliff in the Chaos Forest. The left side is a walk-off covered with trees while the right side is not—that side is the rocky cliff. The stage is rather simple, and about the length of Pokémon Stadium. There really are not any hazards, although in the background it is not uncommon to spot ravens flying from the treetops in the background. You can also see some blue Luminessants spiraling through the trees sometimes, and every minute or so you can hear a loud gunshot ringing through the trees. When this happens the music will change to Riccardo’s stalker theme. After a second or two Riccardo will then appear from the trees and begin shooting randomly at players.

Assist Trophy - Debilitas:

Fiona’s first pursuer appears out of the castle. He is about the size of Bowser, although a bit taller. He lumbers about the stage until he comes into close proximity with another opponent (except the person who summoned him) and immediately runs toward them, swinging his fists and yelling “My Dolly!” if the person is a female. If not, Debilitas just grunts. Each fist attack does around 10% and knocks opponents to the ground. After attacking like this for about five seconds, Debilitas runs to the enemy, picking them up and squeezing them in an extremely painful bear hug that does 25% but no knockback. After this attack, Debilitas drops the opponent and disappears.

Please…I just want to go home…

Agi

Smash Lord
...? Double post?

Awesome moveset, once again showing your status among the newcomers, but... double post?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@KingK.Rool:
It's the Bennett Buggy, named after the prime minister of that time - Richard Bennett.

Good that I made a project in "college" (because there's no college in my country) about the Great Depression in Canada.

:bee:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
There was this funny story that I told the other day about having Himtontop finished for today.

It MAY have been a lie.

I've been busy the last two days, and I don't really have any free time now until Wednesday, which happens to be Christmas Eve, which is when the good films are on.

I promise he'll be done before Christmas. In fact, I'll start on him now.

I like the Wispa moveset, I used to live on them during the summer holidays when I was a kid :laugh:.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@KingK.Rool:
It's the Bennett Buggy, named after the prime minister of that time - Richard Bennett.

Good that I made a project in "college" (because there's no college in my country) about the Great Depression in Canada.

:bee:
Oh man, Spade, you really have no luck at this at all. Taking a glance at my profile, it appears Agi got the answer yesterday. :p

I suppose that I could, one more time, give the point to both of you... Again, you both got it individually.

Fiona's looking pretty neat. Admittedly, I only read the alt. costumes, but hey! That's something, isn't it?

wyvern: I'mma try to get a lot done on him today, and maybe even start on another set. If I do, it'll be one that I'm NOT gonna announce in advance, just in case I lose interest.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

I'll stop participating in that. It gets boring to always be too late because of the goda*n timezones.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yeeeah, that's a good point. But hey, look on the bright side: it's the holidays, which means more free time during the day for me, which means updates during the day, which means updates while you're actually awake!

Also, they're going to be getting harder and not guess-able the very first time anyone notices them. :p

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
E-123 Omega Extras has been finished, now with those people who didn't read it the first time or again after I finished the moves, well, now it's done now anyway. it's there if you care to look back at it.

P.S: Like my Newer avatar? Evil Santa "Robotnik" Claus!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Yami will be finished today folks... I need to join the bandwagon and make me a holiday avatar!

edit
-------------------

E-123 Omega Extras has been finished, now with those people who didn't read it the first time or again after I finished the moves, well, now it's done now anyway. it's there if you care to look back at it.
Congrats on the finish! Its a nice twist on a stat changing/2 ways to play character. Ill sit down and read it in total after I fpost Yami.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Any more comments on Fiona?
I will read her at home, ok?

Also, @everyone:
Since I will have a vacation till the 5th of January, I will catch up with everything I planned to do here (Aeon's moveset, more SSE chapters and, most importantly, REVIEWS).

So, yea... Back to business soon I guess. ^_^

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Any more comments on Fiona?
I read through a good portion of her, and my initial impression is nice. I think your get a real sense of what type of person she really is through the moveset and that is always a big plus. She would seem like a fun character to learn and her psuedo horror style gives her a flavor not otherwise seen in brawl. And even though her damage does feel stellar, I think the properties of her attacks make up for it nicely.

Oh and ouch on her up smash! Giant shards of glass are scary!

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wynaut is almost done!

I read Fiona's specials.

Neutral: Its pretty nice. It suits her well but I would make it travel faster almost like a real gun. That would make it more unique. Also post how much time there is between one shot and the other

Side: I love it. Its a great idea that works very nicely. Sounds very fun to use. Nice job

Up: Very creative. I love this recovery its very fun and unique but does she keep falling while the doll is flying?

Down: Eh not bad I guess. Not as fun as the others but definitely useful.

I'll read the rest some other time.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
You didn't read my post completely, ne?

I said that I have holiday during the next few weeks (staying mainly at home) and will catch up here what I've missed to do. :p
Fine, just remember it then, so when you do go away (not forever like Iron Thorn)! I just didn't write it correctly!

When you come back, expect something dumb and completly idiotic from me!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Fiona looked interesting at a glance. I love the dog mechanic.

In other news, I am very close to completing Wheelie. I'm currently making a SSE boss for him and then I just need to run him through my BB code work station. =D

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
You totally must have gotten my hint a few pages back after Spade's moveset. :laugh:
Yeah, but they deserve a moveset anyway.

YES, Twinrova! I see a glorious new rise for old ladies in MYM!
Like Disney characters were a while back?

First Spade, now you break out these crones... perhaps I should get going on my Channeler moveset!
DO IT.

...Of course, first I have to finish off Kawasaki. Work is slow, and I'm just hoping I don't love inspiration like I did with Orca and Grimer.
I am anticipating that one too. It will probably be as epic as Jafar. Also, Grimer?

@Tanookie: That moveset... a definite spot in the Top 50. I also thought her alt costumes were hilarious.

I ACED THE HISTORY FINALS! :bluejump::bluejump::bluejump: I only missed one question, and it was about the freaking Islamic Sultanate.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I've been sparing myself the previews in the user group to see Wheelie in all it's epicness. I am so going to read that through the second it's posted.

Would you rather somebody besides me reviewed one of your sets? Or shall I take it again?

Good to see Omega complete, Frogman. *Goes to read*

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I watched my friend play Haunting Ground, it seemed like a decent game. Moveset looks good, but I only skimmed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom