• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Away with you, Madcatz!

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
It's been a hard journey, but I think I'm finally gonna drop my madcatz controller for my Nintendo brand. It'll be tough because I haven't owned a Nintendo brand for 5 years and have been using Madcatz instead. I started Melee with madcatz, and I've gotten pretty decent if I can have the pleasure as to rate myself. But I'm fed up with madcatz now, the **** things break too easily. If there was a way to fix control sticks I wouldn't have a problem, but sadly there isn't. So, people have promised that I won't have this problem with a Nintendo brand, I hope they're right. But for awhile, the switch will greatly affect my play, in some good ways, and in some bad.

Fox: My Fox will be the most greatly affected character. I've seen that I lose almost all my technical skill with Fox when I'm using my GC controller. I guess no more JC shines and flatland infinites for awhile.

C.Falcon: It'll hurt, but not too badly, I play relatively the same with either controller, however I do lose a considerable bit of technical accuracy when I'm using my GC controller. I really can't stand messing up a combo as falcon, but I guess it's only for the best.

Sheik: No difference.

Marth: I feel alot slower as marth with my GC conrtoller. Maybe it's just because I have more time to do moves because the GC controller has a much better command input device.

Falco: Actually, my Falco gets alot better with my GC controller, go figure.

This'll be a tough change, my madcatz is like a cigarette so I may have to sneak a couple plays with it every now and then >_>. MELEE COMMUNITY, I NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Madcatz is gross. Nintendo brand all the way z_z;;

I once got a third party controller and refused to use it for so long (it was a gift). I was going to return it, but one day when I needed an extra controller I thought "Oh, it can't be THAT bad. I mean, really." The rubber on the control stick wore out in a day or two.

Nintendo brand forever.

Geist

Smash Master
I stopped using madcatz after it broke from pressing buttons.
I'm guessing since you've been using it for 5 years, you must have gone through at least 50.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I stopped using madcatz after it broke from pressing buttons.
I'm guessing since you've been using it for 5 years, you must have gone through at least 50.
I had to learn to recycle them. When one broke, I disassembled it and saved the pieces. Then when I bought another one and it broke, I had replacement parts. My current madcatz has parts from like 5 different controllers.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I had to learn to recycle them. When one broke, I disassembled it and saved the pieces. Then when I bought another one and it broke, I had replacement parts. My current madcatz has parts from like 5 different controllers.
while this post displays a level of intelligence, surely it would have been more intelligent to switch to a nintendo brand controller after the first one broke :p no dissin

otg

Smash Master
For awhile over the summer I was using a madcatz because my GC controller broke after quite a long time of usage. I actually really liked the way my Fox played on it; perfect waveshines, multishines etc, just felt smooth. Still they suck and are inconsistent so the switch back to GC was a welcome one.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth!?!?

Madcatz?!?!?!

AHHH!!!

I feel sorry for your children ( if you have any)

Zodiac

Smash Master
Lol I used frankenstien my controller together as well.

Geist

Smash Master
It doesn't matter what controller you use in melee, you will still be 0->deathed because the game is so broken.. Solution? PLAY BRAWL!
Oh my.

There are so many things I can say right now, I just can't put them into words that effectively express enough hate.

Church

Smash Cadet
eww Madcatz... I had one 3rd party controller once for PS2 and it SUCKED. As far as 3rd party in general apparently they're no good. My 3rd party memory card (with all my smash data of the past 3 years on it) just **** the bed but luckily I have another memory card with at least all of the characaters and stages unlocked. 1st party all the way yo.

chansen

Smash Lord
I use a Frankenstein first party controller usually....

Practicing tech skill on one of my nintendo controllers proved to be too much, so i just switched to my orange beast.

GC trollers all the way.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Sheik: No difference.
lol

I have a Madcatz controller. I used it once and hated it (and it wasn't even for melee). It's a "micro" (20% smaller) I just got it because when I was out buying a fourth controller my sister asked me to get it because she has really small hands (and I got it since it was half the price of the standard controllers). She likes it over the gcn controllers, since she has small hands, but then again, she never plays games that take very much tech skill.

wow madcatz is horrible how do you sleep at night
QFT

Zjiin

Smash Master
Madcatz is absolutely terrible. I have personally broken 3 of them, one of them was FIVE MINUTES after opening the package.

Smash Ace
@MikeHaggar: Yeah, he was taught the ancient art of DI by Level 9s.
Hey, he must be really talented! I can't DI into combos as well as level 9's. I mean, they DI almost every move perfectly wrong, which requires insane reflexes.

rhan

Smash Hero
Madcatz is absolutely terrible. I have personally broken 3 of them, one of them was FIVE MINUTES after opening the package.
LMFAO!

That reminded me of a time when my friend split his control stick right down the middle of his brand new madcatz controller. Guud timez....

Bailey

Smash Hero
I remember once before a KOTC Me, Storms, C@$H Mooney, and EE just got there and EE yells **** YOU MADCATZ and smashes his in the parking lot making god knows how much shrapnel lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Madcatz!?

My question is how did you get into it in the first place? Heck even the memory cards are bad, I remeber owning a PS memory card and after a while it simply couldn't read it anymore <_<. You probably wouldn't be looking at this problem right now it you had just sticked with a Nintendo controller instead, but I guess you can't change what's already in the past so i'll leave it at that.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what controller you use in melee, you will still be 0->deathed because the game is so broken.. Solution? PLAY BRAWL!
You're such a ****ing idiot, it's not even funny.

At least 0-deaths in Melee require skill. Besides, 0-deaths are very uncommon regardless.

Top Bottom