• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New forums for SSBM players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
New forums have been added to the boards for players to talk specifically about their favorite characters. This will hopefully make it easier for visitors to find what they need regarding character strategies, while also preventing redundant help topics and encouraging more discussion.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdis...&forumid=64

These forums will be up indefinately. If you have a suggestion for a more interesting name than 'character specific', please let me know, cause that name is kinda boring.

I lumped together the clone characters (such as doctor mario and mario) on the basis that people like to compare clones with each other, and because occasionally strategies and tactics for one character will help with the other.

You may wonder what exactly is the Melee Discussion left for, so I'll tell you.

The MD will still be grounds to talk about :
- general strategies and tactics (not specifically character-related)
- tiers or tier rankings
- glitches/tricks
- talk about the game engine (nuances about frame data, etc)
- settings and modes
- stages and items
- minigames (hrc, btt)

If you want to talk about how to beat one character with another, you can still use the MD for that, simply because that kind of topic does best when players of both characters can comment.

Right now I just wanna see what kind of impact this change has, and if it does not work out, everything will be restored back the way it was. Enjoy.

Emacee

Smash Ace
Should all those old character guides in the MD be moved to their own respective character threads?

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. This was probably the one thing about SWF I found most lacking before: Melee Discussion was way to jumbled and hard to navigate, especially when compared with other fighting game forums. This fixes the problem perfectly. :)

As the chara specific forums get more and more content, I think it'd be good to get stickied topics, like directories for each character (pointing to basics, studies, etc), Q and A threads (to avoid the "how do I do this?" topics), and guides.

As for a better name than "Character Specific..." Umm, no idea. The name sounds fine to me.

Hopefully these new forums will fire up discussion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom