• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboard's Best Threads

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Link to original post: [drupal=881]The Smashboard's Best Threads[/drupal]

I'm looking for some of the most interesting threads on the SWF. I really don't care if they're character specific, completly unrelated to Smash, or having little to no real facts. As long as it'll keep my attention for one reason or another and has some quality to it, I'd like to see them.

I'll start off with a list of some of my favorites, in no particular order.

Jigglypuff Counters Meta Knight: A Guide - Thinkaman
In a world were the world trembles at the sight of a masked flying orb thing, another singing orb thing stands to oppose it.

Thinkaman said:
This is Meta Knight. He is a completely broken character who is impossible to beat because he can win with only two moves. In fact, everyone has quit Brawl because he is so broken. In tournaments, no one plays as anyone except Meta Knight. If you play as someone besides Meta Knight, they will kick you out since serious players play only Meta Knight.

I read all these things on the Internet and therefore they are all completely true.
Thinkaman has always been one of my favorite posters, and this thread cements that. I don't even use Jigglypuff, but I loved this thread beyond anything.

Tiers: If Smash characters were true to their games. - G3rain1
It wasn't the OP that got me to notice this thread, but rather the following discussion. At EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY pages long, it really did take me awhile to realize people were taking it seriously.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
Samus's suit is soundproof, so I've heard. Not sure though.
But heeeey wait a second.

That "sound proof" argument is bullcrap.

Samus's suit protects agianst sound based ATTACKS While Perish Song is classified as an attack, it does no damage, the opponent just has to hear the song in order to be effected.
I couldn't find a conclusive post among all the quotewalls, so I just grabbed something off the last page. It grasps how seriously these people are arguing about whether Super Sonic's speed is reversed by the pokemon move Trick Room and whether light arrows could hurt Peach. Among other things.

Always interesting as a good skim.

The Official Link Match-Up Guide - Bouse
I consider this the best matchup thread I've ever seen. It's formatted well - color in all, has tons of info, pics, strategies, it's amazing.

Bouse said:
Don't care, whoever got this stickied I'm not updating. I have better things to do with my time.

Go away, I'm done.
Unfortunatly, it's not going to be updated anymore. It's a shame really. But it's a great example regardless for other character boards.

The Custom Pokemon Shop - FirustheHedgehog
I'm sure you've seen them around the boards. The odd evolutions of Mewtwo and Magikarp you don't exactly remember. Well, they're not real. Their fan made, and come from the Custom Pokemon Shop in the seldom entered Poke Center boards. They make these:

FirustheHedgehog and Spire III said:
Aren't those awesome/kinda creepy? Well, the people who run the place take requests! GO FOR IT!

Make Your Move 4 - SirKibble
While some would consider this thread a pointless waste of time, no one will argue that fact. MYM is decidedly for fun, as posters imagine obscure Paper Mario character movesets, and finally voting on the very best.

SirKibble said:
Make Your Move is a contest in which full movesets for characters are submitted to be voted upon at the contests end. The idea behind Fawriel’s quote is that in some alternate universe somewhere, all the characters you wanted in Brawl…are actually in it! Make Your Move is your chance to show, through a full and complete moveset, exactly how any character would play in Brawl!
It's interesting to say the least. Submit your movesets, read up and critic other's, and say "lolchillnz" for some reason.

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread - Keaten
After awhile, it gets a little cold talking to the cold faces of blooper and Darth Vader avatars. Enter Las Pictoras, a chance to prove how the people across the desolate space of the interwebs are actual humans! Just post some pics, comment on others, no big deal.

MenoUnderwater said:

Off to the side, with my Lucas hair.
He look! It's me! Anyways, this thread was posted by Keaten. In 2002. I'm told this is the SWF's oldest active thread. Kinda cool.

King Dedede is the best character in the game - Tank McCannon
He just is.

Tank McCannon said:
Hello everyone.

I'm here to tell you that everyone's favorite new comer, King Dedede, is pretty much already the best character in the game. If he's not your favorite character, that's okay, it just means that you're wrong.
The thread is going 36 pages strong.

Metaknight should not be banned - MaxfireXSA
Only once in a blue moon does Smashboards ever get blessed with such a magnificent literary mind as MaxfireXSA. Taking a bold stand against the banning of MK, Maxfire wrote a now legendary blog written with precise references and exemplary methods he himself had proven.

MaxfireXSA said:
When I play 'Super Smash Bros Brawl', I went to training mode, I play as Ike, and I faced off against Metaknight as an Lv.9 AI to test Metaknight's moves in training mode. What I discovered Metaknight's technique, is that when I play as Ike, I got out, then I respawn and knock Metaknight out, then Metaknight respawn and I got out again, then I respawn and knock Metaknight out again, until I got great advantage to knock Metaknight out twice within being stayed alive.

So the conclusion is, Metaknight should not be banned, because I test him while I play as Ike and I have no problems with Metaknight.
Unfortunately, the thread is now closed. The discussion lives on, In Memory of MaxfireXSA, the social group thrives on all the content produced by the now banned MaxfireXSA aka Robert.

Arf - -Pliskin-
Go say hi to one of our newest members!

-Pliskin- said:
Ain't he a good boy?

I'll update this as I find more threads. ^___^

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Custom Pokemon Shop.

MYM Threads.

Las Pictorias.

How did you miss these in the first go-round?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MYM is ********
I cannot counter your incredibly well thought out argument due to your massive detailing of your reasons. I am going to share this with my children and have them share it with their children due to it's sheer brilliance. I am going to quit MYM due to realizing I'm in the wrong thanks to you, good sir. MYM is pathetic, it's a proven fact.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Custom Pokemon Shop.

MYM Threads.

Las Pictorias.

How did you miss these in the first go-round?
I'm including the Shop.

I've never really looked at Make Your Move. Isn't a bunch of imaginary characters?

Las Pictoras is... meh. :ohwell:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
las pictoras is the oldest active thread. Its huge, popular, and interesting. =/

Denzi

Smash Master
MYM is a bunch of characters from other video games (and from other places) that have been given Brawl movesets. It's a huge project with tons of people involved, and a lot of the movesets are really cool/fun/interesting/etc. I think it should be included.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I cannot counter your incredibly well thought out argument due to your massive detailing of your reasons. I am going to share this with my children and have them share it with their children due to it's sheer brilliance. I am going to quit MYM due to realizing I'm in the wrong thanks to you, good sir. MYM is pathetic, it's a proven fact.
im glad you see it my way

Frowny-face.
:(
;)

MYM is a bunch of characters from other video games (and from other places) that have been given Brawl movesets. It's a huge project with tons of people involved, and a lot of the movesets are really cool/fun/interesting/etc. I think it should be included.
i just think its a complete waste of time. no matter how detailed you get and how creative you can be NO ONE CARES. your ideas will not be used in a game. how long does it take to make of those things anyways? lets just say around 2 hours. thats pathetic. even if you have a lot of free time its pathetic. using your imagination to entertain people on a website and to get " wow good job on x, very creative/unique" WOW that was SO worth those 3 hours!!!1!11 i can understand if your like 11 and wanna make up a game character and pretend hes real but if your above the age of 15 doing this thing, shame on you.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
i just think its a complete waste of time. no matter how detailed you get and how creative you can be NO ONE CARES. your ideas will not be used in a game. how long does it take to make of those things anyways? lets just say around 2 hours. thats pathetic. even if you have a lot of free time its pathetic. using your imagination to entertain people on a website and to get " wow good job on x, very creative/unique" WOW that was SO worth those 3 hours!!!1!11 i can understand if your like 11 and wanna make up a game character and pretend hes real but if your above the age of 15 doing this thing, shame on you.
Sorry that you suck at making movesets.

But you think we really just make it for the complements? I sure as hell wouldn't be there if that was the case and hardly would anyone. It's fun to create a moveset. And I'm 17, thank you very much. Even if they're never going to be used, they're VASTLY superior to Sakurai's pathetic movesets. And on the amount of time. . .If you're on an internet forum talking about a video game, you already have no life, so that's hardly a factor.:chuckle:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm 21, thank you, and enjoy doing that, because I love being creative and think of something for obscure characters, and how they would work in Brawl. I don't want to pretend he's real, I don't want to do that for the compliments, I'm doing that because I have fun with it. Other people have fun surfing through 4chan, gathering disgusting troll images and posting them on internet forums or shooting animals in the forest. I think writing movesets is a far better way to "waste" your time.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm 21, thank you, and enjoy doing that, because I love being creative and think of something for obscure characters, and how they would work in Brawl. I don't want to pretend he's real, I don't want to do that for the compliments, I'm doing that because I have fun with it. Other people have fun surfing through 4chan, gathering disgusting troll images and posting them on internet forums or shooting animals in the forest. I think writing movesets is a far better way to "waste" your time.
This.
10 chars

Mith_

Smash Champion
King Dedede is the best character in the game.

Also, Scar's Melee Vs. Brawl thread. Very enlightening.
This.

Spadefox I love your argument I might have to use it sometime ;)

kr3wman

Smash Master
Tiers: If Smash characters were true to their games. - G3rain1 ; suck now. There is no actual good arguments being made. there is no more logic. People automatically assume their favorite character is the best and that their techniques are better and override every law of physics and rational sense because they are biased as ****.

Good day to you.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Tiers: If Smash characters were true to their games. - G3rain1 ; suck now. There is no actual good arguments being made. there is no more logic. People automatically assume their favorite character is the best because they are biased as ****.

Good day to you.
But Ridley IS the strongest char- *is shot*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
They're more of a joke than anything. Either A) they guy was an epic troll or B) he seriously didn't know any better.

Do you really want to celebrate either of those things? :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Mithx, good idea advertising our group.

Las Pictoras is LOCKED??!

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I hate the Las Pictoras thread. All it is... is a bunch of Broomers and mods (which, I hate both of those groups and anybody in them) making stupid jokes, making fun of other people, and making poor attempts at trying to be funny. The only reason why I can't be a Broomer is because I don't make poor jokes like they do. That's not fair. My IQ is too superior to these scene kid prommie losers to do stuff like that. :(

Hopefully I'll get in the Broom solely for this post.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oop-dat-ed with some suggestions I liked.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hear the BRoom sucks. Confirm/Deny?
Go through the history of the Melee BRoom, it's really quite fascinating, and hilarious. Some of the threads had people calling those who played with no items scrubs. The old days huh? Reading through the BRoom actually lets you appreciate how much this community has evolved.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Tiers: If Smash characters were true to their games. - G3rain1 ; suck now. There is no actual good arguments being made. there is no more logic. People automatically assume their favorite character is the best and that their techniques are better and override every law of physics and rational sense because they are biased as ****.

Good day to you.
i completely agree. that thread has to be the stupidest thing ive ever seen. in fact my friend had video proof of sonic being able to run at the speed of light and they still shunned him. just a bunch of people wikipediaing characters to prove that there favorite character are the best.

Amide

Smash Lord
I would nominate this thread but that would be a wee bit silly.

Personally I love this thread, but only someone like me would say that.

This however definitely deserves a spot on the list.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I was going to suggest the "King Dedede is the best character in the game" thread, but I saw it was already on there. Then I thought, "Hm, that one MetaKnight thread Maxfire made was pretty cool..." but then I see that's already up there too!

I agree with all those threads, I've read through all of them.

Top Bottom