• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Okay you guys less spammy, more talky about MYM-related stuffy.

So I've got the basic organization for Gavin, so can you guys check if it looks nice? Just click the Trucy Wright button and either comment here or PM me. (BTW, i copied this format from my Jutice moveset, so ignore the moves names for the most part.)

D

Deleted member

Hobo Santa is coming along quite nicely. He has a bit of originality, if I do say so myself. Expect to see him on Christmas day.

Chapter 3 of The Return to Gamelon will be up tomorrow. When exactly, it's too early to tell. This chapter will include the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My spam sense is tingling.
Yeah seriously. The whole "NO U" thing from twenty pages back is still tingling.

Okay you guys less spammy, more talky about MYM-related stuffy.

So I've got the basic organization for Gavin, so can you guys check if it looks nice? Just click the Trucy Wright button and either comment here or PM me. (BTW, i copied this format from my Jutice moveset, so ignore the moves names for the most part.)
There's a rogue "skin" above Klavier's picture.

Other than that I like it...well, I'm not a fan of color-coding the stats. A number works just fine, and those red and green colors really clash with the otherwise awesome colors.

Garland is angry with me for not working on him today. I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight!
Not only is this a funny line, but if I squint my eyes and blue my visions...I can juuust make out a double entendre from "work on him." :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
^^NO U:mad:

And now back to work on Castform. His neutral B will be Weather Ball, but does anyone know of a video where he uses it in his Snow cloud form? I need a description for it, because i have no idea what it looks like.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
There's a rogue "skin" above Klavier's picture.

Other than that I like it...well, I'm not a fan of color-coding the stats. A number works just fine, and those red and green colors really clash with the otherwise awesome colors.

Not only is this a funny line, but if I squint my eyes and blue my visions...I can juuust make out a double entendre from "work on him." :bee:
Yeah... I was testing some colors i found in Wikipedia, so that's why there's that weird "skin" on top of him.

Thanks, really. Took an hour to find the right colors. And I Probably will make the stats uncolored.

Man I have to be guided half the time to see those entendres.

EDIT: @ Baloo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMsCI9iCr9o Skip to 7:46

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^^NO U:mad:

And now back to work on Castform. His neutral B will be Weather Ball, but does anyone know of a video where he uses it in his Snow cloud form? I need a description for it, because i have no idea what it looks like.
Here are Castform's sprites if you're curious.

The sprite on the far right is Castform's Snow Cloud form. It only changes into that form when the Hail weather condition is in effect.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
so, here's what I got from the last few pages:

deoxys is win. spam is bad. extras are a waste of time. ... but really, I see where you guys are coming from here, but I prefer to completely represent my characters' entire universes as if they were actually included in brawl.
you guys aren't fun
:p

Spyro SHOULD be posted tonight. & no, the extras won't be finished... :dizzy:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Thanks, but I meant the Snow Cloud form of Weather Ball. I saw videos of Fire and Water, but not Snow Cloud. I already have sprites. But thanks anyway!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thanks, but I meant the Snow Cloud form of Weather Ball. I saw videos of Fire and Water, but not Snow Cloud. I already have sprites. But thanks anyway!
Well the sprites do let you know that Castform does not have a form for the Sandstorm weather condition.

Agi

Smash Lord
I NOW DECLARE THIS MOVESET READABLE!

The 2-dimensional figure with the highest metabolism you will ever see, known only as N, joins the Brawl!

Backstory

You are a ninja.

Your god-like speed, dexterity, jumping power, and reflexes are all the result of an amazingly fast metabolism; sadly, so is your natural lifetime of 1.5 minutes.

Like all ninjas, you have an unquenchable thirst for gold, a natural propensity for exploring rooms infested by increasingly lethal ninja-killing robots, and a devout belief in N.

N, "the way of the ninja", is a highly advanced system of spiritual, cognitive, and physical training.

It emphasizes pacifism, humility, and the need to traverse a series of 5 rooms before the end of your lifetime, a feat known only as "beating an episode."

In accordance with the teachings of N, it is your profound hope that one day you will develop the skill, intelligence, and inexplicable ability to reincarnate necessary to achieve mastery of all 100 episodes.

This is all old hat to N. Having cleared all 100 episodes, he has become the embodiment of N, giving him this prestigious title. All of the robots who once sought to destroy him now want nothing less than to please him, to the extent of serving him in battle. However, some of them are still unable to completely overcome their programming, and still attempt to attack N. N, used to these attempts; containing the knowledge of hundreds of thousands of previous lifetimes, he has seen through their attack patterns, and is able to use them against his opponents.

Statistics

Height: A little shorter than Olimar, N sees no reason to maintain a large stature. His life is short enough as it is without providing for the extra mass.
Weight: Also low, but a bit more than you would think. Somewhat heavier than Kirby, due to the density of his muscle.
Power: Using his own body, knockback will be at best unimpressive. However, with the power of his drones (especially the Thwump and the Seeker/Zap drones), he ranks at just below average, being able to kill opponents reliably at percentages around 125%.
Walking speed: A leisurely stroll, this is one of the rare moments where N doesn't appear to be taking himself seriously. 3/5
Running Speed: Despite being the shortest character in the game, N really applies himself when it comes to anything involving agility. A very fast pace, with N's head close to the ground in a Olympic running position. 9/10
Traction: N will slide for a full .75 seconds when attempting to turn around, and will move 1.5 blocks if you simply stop running, making him a slippery character indeed.
Attacking Speed: Some of the attacks involving the turrets take a while to activate, but most of his aerials are quickly active. More details on each move in the descriptions.
Range: His physical attacks extend somewhat beyond his legs or fists, similar to Pika's headbutt. A lot of his moves extend far beyond his body (especially his U and F smashes, his U and D tilts to some extent.), giving him potential to hit opponents at deceptive distances.
Jump: Decently high, 4x his own height. Running and jumping can increase this to 5x his height.
Fall Speed: Unlike other characters, N doesn't have a set fall speed. Depending on his time in the air, gravity will pull on him faster, and jumps will have less of an effect. Apply this formula for gravity, (dy/dx)=-1.5m/sec.
Crouch: Lying flat on his stomach, N is able to duck almost all projectiles, with the exception of a fully charged Charge Shot or Aura Sphere.
Crawl Speed: Top tier for sure. Using the standard-issue army crawl, he can move faster than his walking speed.
Walljump: Yes
Wallcling: Yes, but he slides down the wall. It is possible to use this for creative approaches in FFAs.
Glide: No, and I'm not sure how this would be possible. :/

Unique Mechanic Alert

Anyone who has played N will be familiar with this. If you haven't played it, click on the title image to see what I'm talking about.

Now that all of you have tried the game... N carries over his life bar into smash. Your time starts at 1:30, and refreshes with every new stock. If you run out of time, (a small counter beneath his character icon will count down in-game.), then expect to be punished for it... N loses 1/4 of his speed, falls 1.5x as fast, and can only jump half as high. N will also take 10% upon loss of this vital resource, and be stunned for one second. Moral of the story: DON'T LET TIME RUN OUT.

*~-Moveset-~*

*~Standards~*

Standard combo - Take You Down to Size; A: N punches forward, causing a unique distortion of space-time around his fist which has the effect of causing his opponent to partially shrink (90% original mass) if they are his by the attack, a true sign of his mastery of N. This effect only lasts while opponents are under the effect of hit-stun, which is around the length of an average electric-type move. In addition to this effect, 3% damage is given to the opponent, with small knockback.

AA: N does a backflip, the same distortion and effect applied to opponents, but emanating from his feet this time. Yes, the effect does stack, meaning that the opponents will be at 81% their original size at the combo's end. 5% damage is done, with knockback that puts the opponents directly above N. This move is excellent for starting up combos.

Dash Attack: His dash attack is identical to one of his victory poses in both the original game and Smash. Sliding on his knees, N will play air guitar, his left hand holding the invisible neck and his right hand strumming. He makes 5 strums in total, (not sure how that qualifies as a song, but still.), doing 1-2% damage each, ending in a range of 5-9%. Only the last hit does knockback, and even then it is minor, setting the opponent a couple blocks ahead of him.

Rising Attack (below 100%): N places a single hand on the ground, (the same hand for the direction he's facing), twists his wrist, and through it his whole body. Upon completing one revolution, he will throw himself to his feet. Completing the move with a flourish. The attack hits on either side of N, doing 7% and med-low knockback.

Rising Attack (above 100%): N doesn't attack the opponents directly in this move; he's too busy dragging himself to his feet... to attack for him, a Floorguard appears, and circles quickly around him until he stands up, which takes about 1.5 seconds. Enemies encountering the floorguard will take 8% and moderate knockback, with an electrical effect.

Ledge Attack (below 100%): N will fling himself head-over-heels onto the stage, landing a block away from the edge. Opponents caught in this will be knocked flat on their backs, leaving them open for an attack. N is able to move immediately after the attack lands, but is vulnerable at the intitiation phase of said attack onward. (The move becomes active as soon as N is vertical with the ground.) 5% damage, no knockback. (at least, no KOable knockback.) If it hits an opponent in mid-air, it will spike them directly to the ground.

Ledge Attack (above 100%): N is once again tired, focusing more on getting back on the stage then he is attacking... it's time for the little guys again! This time, three mines will appear onstage, the first one 1/4 a block away from the ledge, the 2nd 1/4 away from that one, etc. These mines do not have the power as that of his UAir, but still pack a punch. N will roll through the mines, weaving in and out of the skier-style. As he passes each mine, it will disappear. After he reaches the end of the line (so to speak), he will stand directly on his feet, and be ready to fight once more. Each mine that the opponents are unfortunate enough to encounter will do 8% damage and moderate knockback, at the very high end of power for a ledge attack. The mines explode on contact, meaning that they can be disarmed with a projectile or a weapon with a high range, but cannot harm N directly. N is vulnerable from above, however.

*~Tilts~*

UTilt - Gauss Turret: Making its guest appearance, a Gauss Turret will form above N's head, about at the height of Ganondorf's head. Its targeting systems have been massively improved from the game, it being able to rapidly locate it's target, which is still N, by the way, and fire. A crosshairs will appear over him, and just before the critical moment, will pulse. After this pulse, the turret will fire a single bullet, moving so quickly that it can only be seen for a split second, even then as a blurred line. N quickly dodges the bullet, (he is invincible during the moment where he dodges, the same effect as a regular dodge, but automatically.) and it will hit any opponent that gets in the way. 10% damage, med-low vertical knockback. Best used directly after his standard combo.

FTilt: - Zap Drone: Dodging to the side once more, a Zap Drone will appear from behind N and poke itself out in front of him, stopping directly after his body. This isn't a very powerful move, falling into the low-knockback level, but it executes quickly, and can be an effective edgeguarding tool. 7% damage and horizontal knockback. The Drone disappears .25 seconds after stopping.

DTilt - Floorguard: Also coming from behind N, (expect a lot of guest appearances...), a Floorguard will slide across the ground a couple of steps (half a second's walk) before disappearing. It can move up slopes and off ledges. It will make the 4-beep sound at the attack's initiation. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you didn't play the game. Do so now. The Floorguard will do 6% damage, and low knockback opposite to the direction the opponent encountered the droid. (if they land on it, they will bounce up, touching it on the ground will result in horizontal knockback, etc.) This move executes quickly, but can't be reused until the first Floorguard disappears. N himself is able to move when the Floorguard reaches 3/4 it's maximum distance away from him.

*~Smashes~*

USmash - Chain Drone: Making its appearance, a Chain Drone appears alongside N. As it charges, you will hear the warm-up noise that you may or may not have heard in-game. A close resemblance to the sound it the prelude to the Halberd's laser firing. Upon releasing the charge, 3-5 bullets will fire out of the Drone, doing 3-4% damage and slight vertical knockback with each one. This move has noticeable start-up lag, and forewarns the opponents upon the drone's appearance. However, once they are above you, there is little they can do to avoid the move, as it is active long enough to hit through even a perfectly timed airdodge. The range of this move is comparable to Snake's halfway charged USmash, about 4 blocks above him. Hampered only by it's lengthy cool-down lag, this can be a very useful move in N's arsenal.

FSmash - Thwump: Upon execution of this move, nothing will appear to be happening until the charge is released. N will simply be standing normally, albeit flashing yellow. However, when the charge is released, N will throw himself to the ground, barely dodging the Thwump that just flew (horizontally, of course) over his head. Causing high damage and knockback, with moderate range as well, this is one of N's most reliable killing moves. The Thwump will not stop until the entire length of it is passed N's body. It can deal damage within the range of 14-20%.

DSmash - Trapdoor: A small black square will appear in front of N, your signal to get the heck out of there. upon releasing the charge, N will casually touch the square (causing the Trapdoor sound effect to occur) and two trapdoors will appear on either side of N, half a block away from him on wither side. In the actual game, having a trapdoor appear on N would instantly kill him. (or, if only his feet /extremities of his body were caught, would be launched away) This move has the same effect. Opponents caught near the center of the door will take 15-22% damage, shrinking to 5-10% damage at the edges. However, they will also take more knockback the farther out they are, making spacing key. The knockback's direction will depend on how they encountered the trapdoor, in a similar fashion to his DTilt. The doors will block projectiles until they disappear.

*~Aerials~*

NAir - Gold Rush: N will clasp his arms together in front of his chest, then fling them out Leonardo da Vinci style, with a ring of gold, (okay, yellow squares, but still.), circling him. Opponents encountering the gold will be knocked upward slightly, and take 6% damage. This move executes quickly, but has ending lag. The gold is only active when it is still moving out to his arms, but remains until N is able to move again. Low priority.

UAir - Mine: Reaching deep into his inner strength, N will pull out a mine from the deepest reaches of his Chi, then flail it above his head like a little girl. (He still has issues with them, too many bad memories.) An effective vertical KO move that is also set up for by his NAir, is also has ending lag and a small amount of starting lag. It deals 10% and med-high vertical knockback.

FAir - Back Kick: N will turn around in midair, then deliver a powerful kick (Okay, it's strong for him. Not so much for the person receiving it.) backwards with his right leg, his head turned to view his opponent, or lack of one. Doing 6% damage and med-low knockback with little ending lag, this could easily turn into the next Wall of Pain... if it weren't for the fact that N does not turn himself around afterwards, facing his back to the opponent. Regardless, its quick execution makes it effective for edgeguarding.

BAir - Backflip: Due to this move's starting lag, it's not as effective of a move as it may appear to be at first. N will do a backflip in mid-air, spiking his foot down on his opponents in a similar manner as one of his ledge recovery attacks. Damage and knockback will vary depending on which point you encounter the opponent. He completes the revolution at an average speed, with damage and knockback increasing towards the move's end, peaking at 9% and medium downwards knockback, and starting at 4% and weak horizontal knockback. This move is the only one outside of his standard combo to apply the shrinking hit-stun.

DAir - Bounce Block: Making itself a problem for one of the first times, a Bounce Block will spawn over N, immediately launching him downwards. N is completely helpless to recover, but his flying body will pull others down with it, with 9% damage. Opponents quickly recover from the hit-stun, and all but the worst jumpers will be able to recover. Here is what you do: FOOTSTOOL JUMP. If you do not Footstool Jump, you will continue to fall to your doom, unable to recover. A last-ditch move with risks and benefits similar to Toon Link's, let your opponents forget that you have it... and then take them down.

*~Grabs/Throws~*

Grab: Appearing similar to his DTilt, but without the noise that goes with it and slightly farther range, a foolish opponents' first reaction will be to shield it. A Floorguard will appear, race across the floor, then bring the opponents back to N, them sitting on top of the Floorguard. If he misses the opponent, it will spin around where the opponent should be, confused, then return to N after half a second. A grab is a quick option for N, but a spotdodge could allow the opponent to avoid the grab completely, then chase the Floorguard back to it's master and follow up with a grab or a dash attack of their own.

Pummel: Pulsing slightly, the Floorguard will inject electric enemy into the opponent, causing them to involuntarily recoil. 2-3% damage.

UThrow: Using the opponent's head as a lever, N will fling himself above them. As he reaches directly above their head, a Thwump will race up out of the ground, knocking the opponent skyward. As the Thwump passes over the Floorguard, it will disappear, as it is no longer necessary. 10% damage is dealt, and medium vertical knockback. As N is in the air at the move's climax, It is easy to follow up with more aerial attacks.

FThrow: The Floorguard will race to the edge of the stage, the opponent on top, then drop them off the side. Due to the forceful nature of this move, the opponent has super armor, and is able to struggle to get off, much like they are able to in order to escape a grab. N is completely vulnerable until the opponent leaves the Floorguard, making this move difficult to use. Even in 1v1s, the best use for this would be to get the opponents away from you so you can add more time to your life. 5% damage, dealt once the opponent leaves (either on their own power or the stage's end) and no knockback.

BThrow: N grabs the opponent by the leg, and in a burst of strength swings them over his head and slams them into the ground a few blocks behind him. They will bounce away at a 20 degree angle, with a med-high knockback level. This burst of strength leaves N vulnerable while he tries to catch his breath, but deals 11% damage to the opponent, making it a good way to deal critical damage, but suicidal in an FFA.

DThrow: Leaving the work to the Floorguard, N opts out of this move. Casually standing to the side, N watches as it spins rapidly around, disorienting the opponent and dealing 3 hits of 1-2% each. The opponent is flung slightly in front of the Floorguard, which takes this moment to rush towards them for a final hit of 5% and moderate horizontal knockback. 8-11% damage is done, and it is possible to follow up on this with a variety of moves, a grab noninclusive due to the opponent now lying on the ground.

*~Specials~*

Neutral - K:
If you didn't find this while playing, I don't blame you. Go try it now, press "K" in-game. *waits*
...or, here's a description, you lazy person, you. N will Be standing normally, then grab at his chest and explode, falling to the ground in a heap. Slim, red effect lines will come off of his body in the moment of the explosion. The move only deals damage to opponents touching his body at the moment of impact.
Now that you've seen the move in action, here is it's effect in Smash. Depending on N's remaining lifespan (chart below) this move can be absolutely devastating or a waste of space. It takes a decent amount of startup lag (killing yourself isn't something you do on a whim.), and also has high ending lag... but has massive KO potential at a high lifespan. Using this move will half his life, making it impossible to continually make large hits on his opponents. Okay, time for that chart.

_ _N< _:30. | 10% damage, moderate knockback*, 2% done to N.
_:31< 1:00 | 15% damage, med-high knockback, 4% done to N.
1:01< 2:00 | 20% damage, high knockback, 7% done to N.
2:00< ____ | 25% damage, massive knockback, 10% done to N.

*all knockback is horizontal

Up - Thwump Cannon: A commonly known glitch in the N community, a Twhump Cannon effect occurs when N is crushed in between two Thwumps on the safe sides. It results in a powerful launching effect (hence the name "cannon") that hurtles N upwards. For an example of how high it launches him... N could recover from the maximum distance below Hyrule Temple's on bottom-left edge using only this move, no walljumps/regular jumps. Oh, right. The animation... two Thwumps moving backwards close together on N's feet, and result in this amazing vertical recovery. As they overlap, the cancel eachother out, fading to make a single blue line, then disappearing.

Side - Firin Mah Laser Drone: Making its single appearance, a Laser drone will appear above N. You MUST hold B until it automatically fires (about 1.5 seconds) to actually attack, otherwise the Drone will disappear, leaving you vulnerable for a second. While it charges, move the joystick left and right to adjust the angle at which it fires (default is horizontally forwards, you cannot aim downward.), and press up or down to flip the angle horizontally. A light red line will show the path the laser follows. When the charge is full, a constant laser will fire across that line for two seconds, dealing 7% in multiple hits every second. It can be smash-DI'd out of, and causes only flinching knockback and hitstun to keep them from shielding it.

Down - Gold; the Medicine of Life: N's most critical move by far. Although it does no damage and no knockback, this is the only way N can survive. Pressing B repeatedly will cause him to dig into the ground, constantly pulling out gold (the yellow squares) that each add two seconds to his lifespan. It comes out as fast as Fox's blaster. When you stop pulling it out, it takes .5 seconds to recover from the ending lag.

*~Final Smash~*

DDA (Don't Do Anything): A DDA (Example here) is a level where N genuinely does nothing. Moved forwards only by springs, trapdoors, Thwumps, and in-game glitches, these are some of the most exciting levels to watch. When the Final Smash is activated, the room morphs into a level from N (see the video) , and N will jump to the upper left corner of the screen. By pressing B once more, you will begin the level. N continues the DDA as normal (you are unable to control him, not that you'd want to), and the opponents must now attempt to dodge all the missiles, hidden trapdoors, mines, and other hazards that you can see. Unforutnately for N, this is a closed level, meaning opponents cannot be KOed. Missiles will do 18% and hefty knockback, Gauss Turrets still do 10%, Trapdoors closing on you will do 15%, being hit by N does 5%, and Thwumps do 16% when aggressive, 8% when non aggressive. None of these can be shielded or countered. Basically, a whole new obstacle course opens up in which your opponents must decide where and how to survive. Upon reaching the exit, the level will turn back to normal.

*~-Overall Playstyle-~*

N is a very fluid character, many of his moves linking together into others, making him an easy character to pick up and play. N is comfortable in both the air and the ground, having plenty of options no matter where he finds himself. However, caught up in the heat of battle, it is easy to forget about his ever-decreasing lifespan, and a smart opponent will attempt to attack you continually to force you to keep the pressure on them, while you eventually are unable to fight back due to an overall worse character.

When in desperate need of life, try to get an grab on them. His FThrow will give you that vital distance to recover before pressuring them once more.

Also, do not underestimate the abilities of his wallcling. While most will simply force you to stay at one place, this one allows you to slide down a wall, even as it angles. An excellent approaching option against opponents that have difficulty attacking above themselves, never forget about it when you find yourself unable to thwart your opponents' defenses.

His standard combo can set up for all sorts of mischief, as it places the soon-to-be victims directly above him. A simple jump will give you free reign to use whichever aerial attack you feel suits the situation.

*~-Extras-~*

More to come

*~Wiimote Sound~*

Selecting N will cause the sound you hear when you pick up an exit icon (for lack of a better term) to play.​

*~Flavors~*
Black (default)
Pink
Olive
Teal
Lavender
Dark Red
White
Orange

*~Misc Animations~*

Entry: N will step out of an exit, which then closes behind him and disappears.
Idle Pose: N will bounce back and forth on his feet, anxious for the battle. Hopefully, you won't be seeing this animation a lot...
1st jump: With his knees reaching up to the sky, N has a majestic-looking jump.
2nd Jump: N will fall slightly, then jump with a similar appearance to his first jump, but with a somewhat more strained appearance.
Crouch: N falls to his knees, looking like he is about to be knighted.
Crawl: A military-style crawl, N drags himself forward using his elbows.
Dizzy: Stumbling around with one hand on his head, he truly appears to be in distress.
Asleep: N falls into a meditation stance. Note that his lifespan does NOT drain while he is sleeping, due to body functions not being as active.
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37vO2eXMEMk&feature=related

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oh, ok. The N moveset does not exist.

I need a video of any Pokemon using Sand Tomb.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Why not just edit an older post in the thread of yours for that purpose? That should keep it from getting any attention. Then, when it's done, edit it out of the post and actually send it out to the public.

Riiight?

Agi

Smash Lord

Baloo

Smash Ace
Castform's down tilt is more powerful than Jigglys Rest. That's not good, is it.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Ha, people think Deoxys is a good moveset I see, well it has nothing on my Smeargle and uncloned Wolf movesets, they're too epic for such primids such as I too handle!

DFM = degrading funiture masculinity

Baloo

Smash Ace
That does help. If you didn't find one, don't bother getting a video. But if you did, that is a very good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom