• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Should we allow editted (Photoshop'd) images in this contest? Why or why not?
Allow photoshops. It will do no harm and allow for far more entries from people that don't want to draw. Skyler's suggested format works well and ensures one form of art doesn't get priority over another.

Will get cracking on a festive Yoshi!

Can we submit more than one entry?
I'd like to know too.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Can we submit more than one entry?
Yes, but you can have only one per category. If I were to make a marble statue of DeDeDed, for example, I couldn't make a macaroni picture, too, since they both fall under 'Other'.

Also, please state which category (Hand-drawn, Digital, or Other) your submission falls under. It'll make things a whole lot easier once voting time comes.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
This Is Not My Final Entry, Just A Preview

Yoshi chucking a snowball. Quick job, hand drawn, coloured with oil pastels, needs finishing. This may be my entry, or I may change it. Will put my final entry up by tomorrow night. I really really really really need a scanner.

Zook I think you should allow multiple entries, just like MYM.

Also add as a rule no flaming, just constructive criticism.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Yoshi chucking a snowball. Quick job, hand drawn, coloured with oil pastels, needs finishing. This may be my entry, or I may change it. Will put my final entry up by tomorrow night. I really really really really need a scanner.

Zook I think you should allow multiple entries, just like MYM.

Also add as a rule no flaming, just constructive criticism.
Done and done.

Great Yoshi, by the way! I need to get started on mine. I assure you it will be amazing.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Also, it seems the thread in the Artwork Emporium will hardly get any attention. I'm guessing we will just use this.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Also, it seems the thread in the Artwork Emporium will hardly get any attention. I'm guessing we will just use this.
That thread was purely just to raise awareness.

Also, would you mind putting 'Hand-drawn' somewhere in your submission? It makes it easier when trying to find it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i say dont allow edited images. its a lot easier to edit an image than it is to draw one.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
i say dont allow edited images. its a lot easier to edit an image than it is to draw one.
Agreed.

Besides, Does mine go under Hand-drawn (Because it is, just w/ a mouse) or digital (Because I used MS paint). And I don't want to compete with people just editing pictures in Photoshop. This is an drawing contest, those without drawing skills should not be able to win, unless you absolutely HAVE to allow edited images for some reason, make it an even different category than digital.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

This pic came to me in a dream last night, I kid you not. I call it the Yoshi Giraffe. Not done yet, just a preview.

EDIT: Wow, my scanner sucks. I'll have to darken my lines for this to look halfway decent.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Yoshi, as he would be if a little kid colored him in. I've been playing to much Yoshi Story lately.

Digital art.

Leo Daza

Smash Cadet
Zook, awesome picture. I lol'd as soon as i saw it (This proves it's ALWAYS a good idea to follow your dreams). Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Also, I'll start working on mine right away

matt4300

Smash Ace
WTF is this not in general disscusion anymore??? anyway heres my pic:ohwell:
oh i guess it was in general...why couldent i find it on the first 2 pages?:confused:

Leo Daza

Smash Cadet
Nice job Matt, I like the wings. Mine is nearly complete, It's a picture of a blue Yoshi.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I'll give it a shot but don't get your hopes up or expect anything at all.
Still, I shall try my best.

Leo Daza

Smash Cadet

I drew it on Gimp, from scratch (All I had was a transparent screen to begin) so Hand Drawn!

He is a happy blue Yoshi! (I found drawing this odd, seeing as how I usually like to draw death and destruction) It really reminded me of the good ol' Super Mario World days.

As for uploading images, I use http://my.imageshack.us/ make an account there (It's Free!) and upload them, then click on image details, and take the forum code, then paste is into the text box (it actually puts two, the second being an advertisement, so you can delete the second part if you want.

You could also click on the image in image shack after clicking on the details, and when you get to the website that ONLY has your picture on it, and then copy the URL of that website and paste it like so:

Hopes this helps!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
WTF is this not in general disscusion anymore??? anyway heres my pic:ohwell:
oh i guess it was in general...why couldent i find it on the first 2 pages?:confused:
Sexy, I'm looking forward to your future entries!

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC

woot! hope i did this right.

anyway i drew this back in April, its yoshi losing his wings when his final smash goes away and hes falling into an abys so he reaching out for help... ive had to explain it to a lot of my freinds so i guess its not as easy to see as i had liked it to be. i also dont have a scanner so i had to take a picture with my camera.

EDIT: lol cool i got it up :)

matt4300

Smash Ace
OH i was reading other submissions and i guess i should say what i used.... its all hand drawn and colored in PS. and yeh i didnet do a backdrop because it would have also had to have been hand done (no cgs or bg rips) and i dont have that kinda time lol. no filters were used or other fancy PS applications just strait up brush and colors OH and i guess i did type the name... if that matters

matt4300

Smash Ace
That is a fantastic picture! Did you make this from scratch?
Yes. started with a blank canvas.. used only lines and colors (no fancy ****) so it wouldnet be against the rules.

"Daaayyuuuuum son!
This looks too good to be true. "

lol its not :lick: you can tell i did it because i dident clean up the lines or the coloring that whent outside the lines, and some of the lines arent conected.

EDIT: oh yeh thx both ^_-

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nice idea, I wonder who will come out on top, I draw but not as often as I used to, I draw Anime characters btw, not Smash so meh...

Top Bottom