• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just read Dyna Blade, and I can say it's definitely a good entry.
For a bird you have definitely done her some justice, all I need now is to play Kirby Superstar.

Just a shame that it wasn't Female Gimp Charizard.
:laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
You guys talking about Tales are going to make me cry. **** those elitist Namco *******s!

Why are only my swear words censored? Hahahahahahahaha.

I need to finish Garland.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Focusing.

Seriously. I open the file in Microsoft Word and look at it. Then I feel discouraged. I try to avoid doing it.
Like a WWoT.
Holy crap that guy is awesome... would it encourage you if I used him in my SSE? Cause he's like OMGSOAWESOMETHATINEEDHIM. :bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I'm lazy, has there been any movesets i've missed while i'm offline? Can't be bothered to check the last 20 pages to be honest!

EDIT: i've seen Super Gimp charizard, one of the best joke movesets that has ever been made PERIOD!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Kibble posted Dyna Blade, and there may have been some others, but I haven't had time to look.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've really gotta finish up my SSE chapter before Christmas. . .

But from what I've read so far, it's looking solid and less overpowered then Ashencroft, although I can't speak for the moveset as a whole due to not having read it.

But until then, here are some pointers to satiate your hunger:

-Everybody can jump up out of the water and land back in it forever. It's a really bad case in stalling and is why stages with water are looked down on. Basically, the ability has very little use, even if it is cool.

-Zero's final smash stat is listed as "?/5".

-The play style section is a bit short.

-You
ripped off
put a nice spin on Mendez's neutral B.

-Zero is not
not
cooler then Protoman.
The SplashJump is only in there for true to game-ness.

Zero's Final Smash is completely random. How would you rate something that has several possibilities some of them conditional?

Agreed but its still an improvement.

There isn't a rule against that. And Mendez
ripped off
put a nice spin on Kirby's Neutral B.

I agree. Zero is not
not
cooler than Protoman.

D

Deleted member

I hope you don't mind that Dyna Blade, KOS-MOS, and Rotom have been added to my SSE.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Kalas: I;ve been waiting for you to follow through with this one! Baiten Kaitos was an Amazing game with Kalos being an atypical Hero that I wish made a bigger splash. Ill definatly full read this one as well.
Awesome, Another BK fan. Thanks dude. :bee:

*Consoles TWILT*

I is sorry...I enjoyed Kalas very much. Unfortunately, all those watermarks definitely ruined the whole video experience. Nevertheless, unique and wonderful moveset. :)
Lol it's okay, and i wouldn't have those watermarks if my Flash was still working properly, but thanks lol.

So anyway, a new SSE chapter will be up for me today or tomorrow. THAT IS ALL.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Awesome, Another BK fan. Thanks dude. :bee:

Lol it's okay, and i wouldn't have those watermarks if my Flash was still working properly, but thanks lol.

So anyway, a new SSE chapter will be up for me today or tomorrow. THAT IS ALL.
I didn't realize that Kalas had been posted.

He looks like he has the potential to be your best moveset so far. What he has is very detailed.

Needs more extras though.... or extras period. Please tell me you're not joining the Mendez movement.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Needs more extras though.... or extras period. Please tell me you're not joining the Mendez movement.
Whats with you and extras?

You treat it like it is needed in a moveset or something. I'll add them later. They are a pain the butt to type out you know. Extras don't make a moveset any better you know :ohwell:

I would like to point out that Powers Kirby had no extras, and yet it makes it to the top 10 in 3.0. Seriously, stop treating that extras are god like or something cause they are not. IMO, you are too focused on extras, and really should be super voting for what quality the moveset gives. I think most people in the thread would agree. I'm calling you the extras nazi now. You extras nazi you.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Whats with you and extras?

You treat it like it is needed in a moveset or something. I'll add them later. They are a pain the butt to type out you know. Extras don't make a moveset any better you know :ohwell:
Extras kind of prove that you've gone the extra mile.

If you don't want to use them then that's your choice. Buts it may be the difference between a normal vote and a super vote. Do you think I'll be super voting any of Mendez's movesets when even newcomers are posting well-detailed movesets with extras?

At most, extras add 2 hours to a moveset if your not doing a Warlord/Janahu style set.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I sorta agree with TWILTHERO on that one- why are extra's actually required?
Are they just there to add more detail, and make a moveset longer?

I've got all my extras for Alex Kidd done, and I am planning some for my Secret Character (A level, trophies, boss fight).

I'm not going to give Tyrogue extras, as I'm fed up with the little fighting Pokemon, and having to read through lists of TMs trying to find out what I could make into attacks, and what ones I have already used.

D

Deleted member

Wow, it looks like Hobo Santa will be my most detailed moveset yet. His dash attack is 118 words long.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
P.S. Tonberry has no review. Is Tonberry gonna have to doink a Sandbag?
Having noticed how long it's been sitting up there, I decided to take it on myself. I'll try to finish it today.

Had to read through like 20 pages x.x

Kawasaki. How will his pot work on a stage like Rainbow Cruise? Excellent moveset though, very intimidating (I really mean it, I dunno how I'd make a moveset even close to such quality)
Frankly, I have no idea. Personally, I'd prefer to make it so the stage freezes in place once he brings out a pot, and barring that, ban moving stages when Kawasaki is in a Brawl (never liked 'em anyway).

And don't be intimidated! That one took about three weeks for completion, all told, and a lot of that was me staring blankly at the screen. Anyway, that's pretty much the pinnacle of my evolution since I entered in MYM 3.0, with this moveset. Nothing special, and even less so because I actually went back and changed half of it; it was even less detailed at first.

I sorta agree with TWILTHERO on that one- why are extra's actually required?
Are they just there to add more detail, and make a moveset longer?
Totally agreed. I'm not gonna get into the Extra v. No Extras thing again, as it's all a matter of personal taste, but I know that I'll be voting for Deoxys and Mach Rider (mmaaaaaybe Megaman) whether or not Mendez has essays on SSE Role, Stage, and who knows what else.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I hope you don't mind that Dyna Blade, KOS-MOS, and Rotom have been added to my SSE.
...Yeah sure. WHY NOT?

@Chris: I added a few extras to Sephiroth, but in a way that was different and necessary. I'm not in the "Mendez" movement, but I still think I go the extra mile without actual extras. SEE HOW TODAY AFTERNOON!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Extras, too me, are an unimportant part of a moveset, while certain things in the extras (Taunts/victory taunts) makes the moveset more relevant to the character. Extras are extras for a reason you know, it's the part which gives more info which isn't neccesary. People who go crazy on extras get no reward in the end.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Last night I was ahead of KingK.Rool in the number of posts (in this thread). He suddenly jumped to 267 posts. Wtf.

EDIT: Disregard that. It was MW I am ahead of.

D

Deleted member

Santa, right after he goes bankrupt.

What, did you expect him to be a millionare after giving away all those toys for free?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Santa, right after he goes bankrupt.

What, did you expect him to be a millionare after giving away all those toys for free?
That makes no sense, but whatever.

I'm anxious about Sephiroth.

EDIT: Lets give Cruxyphon the top of the page.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

Blitzkrieg, your sig says, "A Higher Authority" when it's "Substandard Subspace 2"

Fix that.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

Sephiroth, The One-Winged Angel
Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

~~PROFILE~~

Name: Sephiroth Valentine
Race: Human
Personality: Calm and collected
Role: Villian
Specialty: Mind games
Weakness: The past

"I am the chosen one. I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet."
- Sephiroth

Sephiroth is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy VII, and one of the major villains of its extended universe. A prototype SOLDIER and the strongest alive, Sephiroth is initially revered for his strength and hailed as a hero, until he learns and misinterprets his origins. Believing himself as the last of the Ancients, Sephiroth enacts a vendetta against mankind, with the ultimate goal of becoming a god and controlling the planet. Sephiroth's goals later include defeating Cloud Strife, who has consistently foiled his plans. To this end, Sephiroth is frequently depicted as Cloud's archnemesis.

He wields the Masamune, a long katana that reaches 68 inches in length. This makes him a dangerous opponent to approach in combat. Though his sword attacks are quick and wide ranged, their knockback may not be necassarily strong, though damage racking. His only unique mechanic is that whenever he strikes with his Masamune, it may deal more than one strike. For instance, if he attacks with his Down Aerial, chances are it will count as a two-hitter, resulting in a Critical Hit, similar to the effects of sweetspotting. However, there are sword attacks that may already have this special mechanic automatically, minus it being a Critical Hit, but the added effect still applies. However, this won't apply to his Side Special. There is a 13% chance that this will occur.

In layman's terms, every "single" Masamune strike can become a 2-hit combo, though it still appears as a "single" strike, and for attacks that do this already will just add on it, but only on one of the hits. For instance, his Standard and Forward Smash.

Appearances

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Ehrgeiz (PS1)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD)
Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (Mobile)
Final Fantasy VII: Last Order (OVA)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP)
Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
Itadaki Street Special (PC)
Itadaki Street Portable (PSP)

References
Final Fantasy Tactics
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/89/FFTClockwork_City_of_Goug.png

Walk Speed: 4/10
Run Speed: 7/10
Power: 6/10
Weight: 4/10
Combat Agility: 7/10
Combat Range: 10/10
Jumping: 5/10
Falling Speed: 7/10
Traction: 7/10
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No

Standard
A (What's The Matter?) - simply performs a nonchalant horizontal sweep with his Masamune. As generic as it sounds, the strike does three hits. He supposedly is attacking three times at blinding speed, but it will always act as a one strike, even if put on the slowest of motion. 3-hit. [1-2-3%]
----------------------------​

Tilts
Up (I See You) - does a quick upward poke with the bottom of his hilt. Poor knockback. [5%]
----------------------
Forward (You're Not Ready) - Sephiroth calmly turns the other direction and performs a back thrust as if he is sheathing the Masamune. Average knockback. [7%]
----------------------
Down (Watch Your Step) - simply taps the ground with the Masamune quickly as if he is listening out for a hollow echo. No knockback, but can trap the enemy. 2-hit [2-3%]
----------------------
Dash (I'm Over Here) - Sephiroth teleports with a burst of dark energy and black feathers and reappears facing the opposite direction, performing a swift back stab. Mechanics are similar to that of Metaknight's Dimensional Cape; invisibility doesn't equal invincibility. There is little post lag. Decent knockback. [8%]

Aerials
Neutral (Back Off) - Sephiroth curls into ball crossing his arms as a dark sphere engulfs him. This serves as a combo attack that pushes enemies away. Poor knockback, but has a decent radius. [1-2-1-3%]
-----------------------
Forward (Surrender) - performs three strikes with Masamune: a vertical, horizontal, then a thrust. It is done with moderate speed, but the final thrust delivers the knockback, which is decent. The first two strikes pushes the enemy away, so at times the full combo will fail. [2-4-4%]
-----------------------
Up (Come Down and Fight) - does a wide sweep with the Masamune from front to back that leads to a backflip. There is a good amount of post lag, but the sweep's range can capture a decent number of enemies at a time. Decent knockback. [10%]
------------------------
Down (You'll Pay) - Sephiroth throws his Masamune an extremely short distance like he is tossing a dart, then it immediately attracts back into his hand. As thin as the Masamune is, the hitbox is incredibly small to none, however, the throw does great knockback, and scores a Meteor Smash. If the Masumune hits the ground, it will not attract back, and must wait for Sephiroth to meet the ground. This adds post lag to the move. He never loses the Masamune, since it is not an actual throw.
-----------------------
Back (Sneaking Up On Me?) - performs a sucker punch filled with black, glowing energy. It's hitbox is small to none, because as tall as Sephiroth is, you would only land a hit if the enemy is above and behind him. Great knockback, though. [10%]

Smashes
Forward (What Are You Afraid Of?) - kneels down into a draw stance and performs a back slash with the Masamune. As the Masamune is dragging through, it is damaging the enemy three times, though it is truthfully a one-strike attack. There is some post lag. [3-3-6%] [Dark]
-------------------
Up (That Won't Be Enough) - lifts his Green Materia (shiny gemstones used to perform magic in Final Fantasy VII) straight into the air and uses Fire. The Materia is surrounded with a spherical flame that captures the enemy, then launches them upwards. This has no real knockback, but it is very damage-inflicting. Duration is 1.5 seconds. [1-2-1-4-5-2%] [Fire]
-------------------
Down (You've Crossed The Line) - Sephiroth stabs his Masamune into the ground while standing straight up and drags across to the other side as he turns around, leaving a streak of fire. He does it in a fashion as if he is drawing a line into the ground. It is a side-to-side attack like most Down Smashes. The duration is longer than the average Down Smash, because the pre lag is caused by him first stabbing the ground. Decent knockback, though. [11%] [Fire]
Grabs
Grab Attack (Feel The Pain) - Sephiroth holds the enemy in a ball of dark energy and black feathers, and the grab attack is the constriction of the ball.
-------------------
Forward (Away With You) - Sephiroth slashes the dark ball as it explodes and launches the enemy forward. Great damage, but average knockback. [12%] [Dark]
-------------------
Back (Out Of My Sight) - turns around and crushes the dark ball with telekinesis as the enemy flies off in dark energy. Average knockback. [10%] [Dark]
-------------------
Up (Be Gone) - Sephiroth throws the enemy into the air as they are still in the dark ball, then it explodes at the end of the toss. This cancels the knockoff, so it cannot be used to Star KO. [10%] [Dark]
-------------------
Down (Stay Down or Die) - Sephiroth tosses them into ground, pointing the Masamune at their neck as if he has subdued the enemy. This throw has the effect of Snake's Down Throw, except it doesn't do any damage. It's purpose is to slightly stun the enemy as they are defenseless on the ground. The stun duration isn't threatening too much. [0%]

Meteor

Sephiroth takes out his Black Materia, a dark gemstone filled with forbidden magic, and lifts it into the sky in his right hand. After two seconds of glowing, a medium-sized meteor will fall from the sky diagonally. The line of fall is quite steep, almost in a straight, vertical descent, and the meteor falls right in front of Sephiroth. It damages enemies as it is falling through, but the power of the attack comes from the impact as it crashes into the ground. The falling speed is as fast as if an item was thrown downward. The falling meteor does poor knockback, but the impacting meteor does great knockback. This can be good for finishing enemies in the orbital blast zone above Sephiroth, as does Pikachu's Thunder. Post lag is average. [7%] [12%]

Flash

Sephiroth goes into a dual stance looking behind him, as if he is attempting to fake out the enemy before he delivers his speedy attack. During this animation, he says "That's enough". After the dialogue, he rushes forward with blinding speed. His attack cannot be seen, but he is actually slashing the enemy EIGHT times with his Masamune. This can be assumed, because in the ending animation, he is kneeling forward holding the sword in a position as if he just performed a horizontal sweep.

This is a capture move with an awkward delay. If an enemy is caught in Sephiroth's rush-through, there will be a 1.5 second hitstun, then the eight hits will immediately be inflicted upon the enemy rapidly, even when Sephiroth is already done with the attack. This is one of Sephiroth's godly attacks, for it is mortally impossible for any swordsman to do. The hitstun ony does 1% damage. The rush attack is similar to Fox's Side Special; it goes through the enemy, and can serve as a mediocre recovery. The pre and post lag is great, and there is very little knockback, but it is extremely damage-inflicting, and can cancel enemy attacks. The distance goes half the length of Final Destination. Multiple enemies can be caught in the rush-through for a hitstun, but the eight hits will only apply on one of them. [1%] [1-1-1-1-2-3-1-4%]

Traveling Sephira

Sephiroth transforms into a burst of black feathers and dark energy. The idea of this recovery is to move Sephiroth to wherever you wish to land him. The control is similar to that of Pit's Wings of Icarus, but what makes it different is that it can be used for an attack as he travels with, the speed is relatively low, and cannot be foiled and lost. As you are moving in the dark feathery ball, enemies caught in it will gradually gain 1% damage per 1.5 seconds. It doesn't have any knockback, and you can keep it focused on one area until the recovery runs out. Sephiroth is NOT invincible in this mode, and the duration is only 5 seconds. If Sephiroth is hit while in the recovery, he can still use it again, unlike Pit. [1%] [Dark]

Flame Pillar

Sephiroth will stretch his body out as if he is releasing powerful energy, and a spiraling pillar of fire engulfs his body for 1.5 seconds. This is a combo attack; it isn't used to deliver death blows, but to rack damage rather. When Sephiroth is in the Flame Pillar, enemies close to him will be slightly pulled towards him, as if it was a tornado. The pull isn't real strong, but it can make a difference for enemies in the proximity of the attack. The pillar is as tall as his, but twice as wide as him. The hitbox isn't much of a threat, but Sephiroth cannot be moved in it, yet he can still be damaged. The pre lag can make it difficult in execution, but has average post lag. [1-2-2-4%] [Fire]

Reunion

In Reunion, Sephiroth musters his omnipotent strength, gaining newer and stronger abilities. He is invincible in this mode, and his controls are changed completely. The duration is only 20 seconds. The abilities he gain are the following:

One-Winged Angel

Sephiroth gains his infamous "One Wing" that gives him the ability to fly about the stage. He is able to use his newfound attacks while he is in motion. The flying controls are similar to that of Super Sonic and Super Dragon. This is an automatic move; Sephiroth only flies in Reunion mode.

Havoc Wing

Sephiroth will spin around in the fashion of a screw while his wing is expanded, cutting through enemies in a frenzy. He can only do this technique while he is moving, and can be executed by pressing the shield button while he is moving. This can be used a an infinite combo. No knockback. [2%]

Heartless Angel

Sephiroth will begin glowing scarlet red and purple while raising his right hand, clenching it into a fist. He will then chant "Descend....Heartless....Angel." This animation lasts 4 seconds, and afterwards, a halo will appear over the head of the enemy closest to him. Suddenly, the enemy will be hitstunned, receiving rapid damage leading to 35% damage. This cannot be dodged, and it can be used as many times as he wants, though it takes time to prepare. To use this technique, simply press the Special button. This does not have knockback. [35%]

Prison Gate

This was the technique Sephiroth used to kill Aeris in his debut game. Sephiroth will fly into orbit with bursting speed, unable to be seen. After 2.5 seconds, he will come crashing down with blinding speed with his masamune pointing down, thrusting through the spine or head of a random enemy. This is the only Reunion technique that can KO an enemy with good knockback. However, it can easily be air and spot dodged. To use this move, press the Special button while holding up on the analog. [15%]

Omnislash

Sephiroth's Masamune begins to glow with a purplish aura. After two seconds of charging, Sephiroth will begin performing various sword strikes at a decent speed. This is a 12-hit combo attack:

Vertical Left
Diagonal Up
Horizontal Down
Diagonal Down
Thrust
Vertical Right
Bunt
Spin
Horizontal Up
Somersault
Low Horizontal
Guillotine

This cannot be used to KO and it isn't a capture combo, but like Havoc Wing, it is great for building damage and pursuing enemies. To use this technique, rapidly press the Standard attack button. [2%]

Supernova

This is Sephiroth's infamous, cosmic, phenomonal, orbit-defying, 2-minute, planet-destroying technique used as a desperation attack in the final battle of his debut game. At the start of his Reunion mode, the preparation of this bombastic big bang will take place. A few of the planets of the Solar System will be engulfed by what looks like a shooting star, or comet. As it does, the comet will grow bigger and bigger, gaining the power of the planets as it is reaching the stage. The stage will be warped into outer space, with the background filled with void space. The planets and the sun will then appear in the order they will be destroyed. The Supernova is making its way to the stage toward the screen, so you can see it coming face-to-face.

It first will absorb the Black Hole, gaining the power of time and space:

Next, it will engulf Pluto, gaining an ice element:

Saturn joins the Brawl, giving the Supernova the power of the earth element:

Jupiter gets a hole in one, and Supernova gets electrical properties:

No more sunny days, but at least we get a fire element:

Mercury can't escape, and loses its poisonous properties:

The Goddess is unable to protect her kingdom and the power of love:

Lastly, the combined powers of the sun and the planets finally reaches the stage in the fashion as Norfair's lava wave. As powerful and epic as it seems, it doesn't exactly deliver a death blow. When it hits the stage, all enemies will receive random status effects and elemental damage:

Slow Motion (Black Hole)
Fire Damage (Sun)
Poison (Mercury)
Sleep (Venus)
Electric Damage (Jupiter)
Freeze (Pluto)
Grounded/Pitfall (Saturn)

After the end of the Supernova, the time limit for Reunion reaches its end with a "big bang".

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Ooh his format is just plain awesome. Very detailed. I may read this... hell request the review and I'll probably be the one to review it if none of the Sandbags are Sephiroth fans.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Ooh his format is just plain awesome. Very detailed. I may read this... hell request the review and I'll probably be the one to review it if none of the Sandbags are Sephiroth fans.
Thanks alot. Forgive the lack of extras. I'm still trying to get into the game, but it is sooooo hard. No homo.

I'll take any harsh review, though I still think this is my best set yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom