• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bombsliding == DACIT? Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
First Off:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212159

Read my first post, ALL OF IT.

Then read 4 posts down (my second post on that thread)

I am suggesting we rename Bombslide to DACIT.

Why you may ask?

Because now Bombsliding is a GENERAL AT (or at least works well with Ike as well, Diddy/Falcon can Fsmash Diddy from there fthrow ones, etc.) and so "Bombsliding" doesn't really fit it.

and because Boost Item Tossing/Throwing isn't used.. at all... by anyone... ever.... and DACIT is fun to say.

Say it with me: DACIT...DACIT....DACIT... :laugh:

sasook

Smash Champion
Eh, we could I guess. Doesn't really matter, bombsliding's been the accepted name for a while. I understand your point, but I really don't think it matters too much. It's like renaming Snakedashing the DAC just because other characters can do it too....kinda pointless, snakedashing was accepted by their community.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
How did I know Sasook would get the first post on this particular topic? :/

Call it DACIT and we'll know what you're talking about. But for us Link mains it is the Bombslide. ;)

SuSa

Obviously, like Snakedashing for Snake mains (we know its a DAC, and recently we call it DAC far more often then snakedashing), Link boards will call it DACIT and totally understand it's a Bombslide (and vice-versa)

Glad 3 people at least agree with that. (thought for sure I'd get a "wtf no!111! bombslide is a sarcred thingie!!!111oneone11!!"

^^

Hue

Smash Cadet
DACIT is a more applicable term for characters other than Link that can use the technique. The problem with getting it to stick is that very few characters are able to use it and also have access to items consistently. Sure, any character can pick up a banana or catch a bomb, but it's not going to be a significant part of most characters' metagames. Most people just don't need to use the term, and Link mains already have a workable name, so I don't know how well it will stick (even non-Link mains call the technique bombsliding or DAC with bomb when referring to Link, as not many characters can apply it in most situations).

Snakedashing was the original name for DAC because it was easiest to do it with Snake, and it was discovered with Snake first. Once people discovered that lots of characters could do it with varying degrees of effectiveness and difficulty, the term DAC became commonly used. In this case, I can't see it being useful enough to a large enough number of people to become the norm.

TL;DR
I like it, but can't imagine it catching on that well, as it doesn't serve much of a purpose other than to sound cool. The most I can see most people using this technique is trying it out in Training Mode for fun. Even if other characters can do it, it isn't all that useful.

SuSa

@hue

Testing is still being done... ;)

It's useful for:

Marth
Falcon
Ike
Link
Toon Link
Yoshi

Large Part of:
Link
Toon Link

(testing still being done)

Also, vs Diddy this is a gift from heaven for some characters approach wise, and suprise wise, rofl.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I really don't care what its called but I don't think it'll catch on either =/. Plus, only Link can bombslide cuz only Link has bombs! =O

What really surprises me though is how many people in that thread didn't know about it... >.>;

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Toon Link doesn't count :p. Doesn't seem that useful for em anyway since his DAC kinda sux, either that or I'm doing something wrong D=.

If it is though... even more reason to call it bombslide! =D

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice
haha DACIT it makes so much more sense, so its a keeper, you pretty much invented awsomeness. im gonna go DACIT my dishes into the sink so my mom will wash them. game set match.

Deva

Smash Lord
It honestly doesnt matter what it's called, trying to force a norm on a community isnt the way to go either. If you say dacit and others start saying dacit it will catch on, but seeing as Link always has a bomb, bomb sliding is appropriate just as the term snake dash is still used. Boost toss is another acceptable term. If it's meant to be, the community will start calling it what it should be called, but making a thread like this for the purpose of influencing the community to do so is just spam in general.

SuSa

It honestly doesnt matter what it's called, trying to force a norm on a community isnt the way to go either. If you say dacit and others start saying dacit it will catch on, but seeing as Link always has a bomb, bomb sliding is appropriate just as the term snake dash is still used. Boost toss is another acceptable term. If it's meant to be, the community will start calling it what it should be called, but making a thread like this for the purpose of influencing the community to do so is just spam in general.
I was doing the whole call it DACIT thing as a half joke.

This was to possibly help people with the reverse/forward toss. (the methods of doing those are posted in the OP)

I've noticed a lot of people just say "do x thing fast" when its really "hold this direction rather then that one"

If I'm not making any sense, I have a john:

2 days no sleep, its 1:07am in the morning, and I'll probably sleep 4-6 hours, wake up for my sisters b-day, and go another day or two without sleep. Dreaming of suicide really makes me hesitant to sleep, so I have been pulling all nighters recently.

Deva

Smash Lord
no I totally unederstand, I saw that it was partially a joke too. Just the general jist of the thread reminded me a lot of some of the spam threads. Being a "call a move by this name" as this one was. It's really not a big deal at all. It's just my input on how you should go about getting players to use your term and how not to.

And everything ok or anything you wanna talk about? Dreaming of suicide seems like a pretty serious problem, especially if it's making you lose sleep. I'm here to listen if you need me.

D

Deleted member

any douche that agrees to renaming bomb sliding to something as gay as "DACIT" needs to get off of my boards

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
any douche that agrees to renaming bomb sliding to something as gay as "DACIT" needs to get off of my boards
End of story....

I like our individuality with our goofy Link Only names for our moves. It's bombsliding to me. I can't believe this is a thread.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Nice I saw the vid today in my subscriptions. Looks pretty good.

But I like bombslides cuz it's our thing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom