• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Goodness. So much super villian hate. I can say the same about Bowser and Ganondorf. :/

@Frieza: It is pretty decent for a first, if that is your first that is. There is one picture that failed to download, but that can be fixed easily. I don't hate Frieza, I'm just not so fond of him/her. It may be a BIT too much colorful for him/her, but good job. I will let the judges give a more elaborate review.

Agi

Smash Lord
@Frieza

Very good for your first moveset. A few things I'm concerned on...

You will want to make headers for Smashes, Aerials, and Tilts. Lumping them together as "Standards" lessens the overall appearance.

I'm very confused at what you mean by "% knockback". It this percentage based on the power, with 100% being highest?

The throws seem overpowered... 20% damage with no knockback? That's begging to be abused...

You can get more in-depth review from a Sandbag, these are just my initial thoughts.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Frieza is cool. More detail would be nice. Good for a first one.

Castform has a projectile form of Mach Tornado. :

Tubaam

Smash Apprentice
The % Knockback was an idea of mine. Next time I'll put NONE / LOW / MODERATE / HIGH / EXTREME / MAXIMUM beside it Sorry for confusion. :(

I'll try to do best with my second one! :)

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I'll start working on SSE after Christmas. :)
Already planning a SSE, eh? Interesting, now everybody's doing it. Except for me...

Frieza looks great for a newcomer's moveset, There will be a review of him soon in my blog.

Little Note: You seem to be infected with GWS, a case where you are exact in numbers (90%), but not in detailing moves (10%). Don't worry, it's common.

D

Deleted member

You better not shout,
You better not cry,
You better not pout, I’m tellin’ ya why:

HOBO SANTA’S JOINING THE BRAWL!

Santa has just gone bankrupt, and now he’s stuck on the streets, trying to scrape off a living. Luckily, he has a few (malfunctioning) toys left to play with….

Stats Out of Ten:
  • Size: 8.5 Hobo Santa is a little smaller than Bowser.
  • Weight: 9 Hobo Santa weighs about the same as Bowser, too.
  • Power: 8 Even his A combo does decent damage.
  • First Jump: 4 Hey, he’s fat, he obviously can’t jump so high!
  • Second Jump: 3 See above.
  • Walk Speed: 3 Fat people, by rule, are often slow…
  • Run Speed: 5 …Although he ain’t exactly Ganondorf when it comes to running.
  • Traction: 5 Nothing special.
  • Range: 7 Hobo Santa has a variety a projectiles that go a decent distance, such as Cat in the Box
  • Crouch: 3 Santa’s still fat. ‘Nuff said.

A Attacks

A – Beer Bottle
Santa holds an old beer bottle in his right hand and swings horizontally to the left. This move deals 8% damage and low knockback, reaches for a quarter block ahead of Santa, and takes a second to start up. This moves also has a second of ending lag if you don’t perform the combo.

AA Santa continues the previous attack by swinging it horizontally to the right. This time, Santa also breaks the lower half of the bottle off if it hits. This attack also has no starting lag. Otherwise, it’s the same as the first hit, aside from the shards of glass dealing 4% damage to those behind Santa.

AAA Santa jabs the broken bottle forwards. If it hits, the bottle will shatter, dealing a total of 9% damage and low knockback. This move has no start-up lag, although the ending lag takes a second to wear off.

Dash A – Recycling A shopping cart full of cans and bottles appears in front of St. Nick, which he pushes for two seconds During this time, the attack deals 10% damage and low knockback. After these two seconds are up, Santa jumps onto the shopping cart, causing it to collapse on his still-great weight. The cart falls on its side, causing the bottles and cans to roll all over the place. Each of these deals 1% of damage and no knockback, and can be used as projectiles. Santa himself falls on the ground, creating a thud all around him that deals another 3% damage. It takes a full second for the cart to disappear and Santa to get up.

Tilts

Forward Tilt – Can Lids
Santa holds two trash can lids, one in each hand, and bangs them together. This move has no lag, but deals 10% damage and no knockback. The lids reach about half a block

Up Tilt – Christmas Ornaments Santa’s hand reaches into his toy bag, searches for half of a second, and throws a Christmas ornament upwards. This deals 6% damage and very low knockback. This move has a half-second of ending lag.

Down Tilt – Coal Santa ‘s hand reaches into his toy bag, searches for half a second, a pulls out a few pieces of coal, which he throws in front of himself at the ground. While airborn, these produce 4% damage and no knockback. Once they reach the ground, about a block away from Santa, they can causing tripping. This move has half a second of ending lag.

Smashes

Foward Smash – Stocking Stuffer
Santa pulls out a stocking and starts filling it up with random trash. The filling of the stocking is the charging. Once either the stocking is full or the player lets go of the button, Santa throws the stocking about two blocks ahead of himself. This attack can deal 9-21% damage, depending on the amount of time charged, and high knockback. This attack, without the charging, has half a second of start-up lag.

Up Smash – Belching Bag Who woulda thought that Santa’s bag could burp? Anyway, Santa opens his bag, which somehow lets out a burp upwards. This move can deal 6-19% damage and low knockback, and travels straight up. This move has a second of ending lag.

Down Smash – Sad Ol’ Tree Two trees – looking similar to the tree from A Charlie Brown Christmas – sprout of either side of ol’ Father Christmas. Each one deals 6-19% damage, but low knockback. After a second, the trees disappear and Santa regains the ability to move.

Aerials

Neutral Air – Smelly Breath
Santa opens his mouth, releasing poisonous gases that smell like a mixture of milk, cookies, and beer. These gases surround Santa, damaging anyone who comes too close with up to 12% damage and low knockback. The breath wears off after a second. This move has a full second of starting lag.

Forward Air – Beard Punch For a second, Santa’s beard hair morphs into a furry fist, which then punches straight forward. It deals 16% damage and high knockback. This move has half a second of ending lag.

Back Air – Fart Santa, since leaving the North Pole, has had some terrible flatulence. Santa simply farts, dealing 16% damage and medium knockback to those unlucky enough to be directly behind Santa.

Up Air – Parachute Bag Santa holds his toy bag above his head, which inflates. Although this attack only deals 6% damage and low knockback, it slows your descent. Pressing down during this move puts Santa into helplessness, and this move cannot be activated during helplessness.

Down Air – Trash Can Santa pulls out a lidless trashcan, and turns it upside-down. Those caught underneath the trashcan take 18% damage and high knockback. This move can be used as a spike.

Grabbing and Throws

Grab – Sacked
Santa pulls outed his toy bag, and scoops up a nearby opponent with it. The opponent is stuck in the bag.

Pummel – Bag Shake Santa simply shakes the bag up and down for two seconds. This move causes 6% damage.

Forward, Back, and Up Throws – Bag Lasso For all three of these attacks, Santa swings his toy bag above his head like a lasso, and the victim flies out of it, suffering 14% damage and moderate knockback. The difference is only the direction in which they fly: Obviously, if the forward throw is used, the character flies forward, etc.

Down Throw – Can Shake A trashcan appears in front of Santa, who drops his bag into the can and starts shaking it. After a second, the victim flies out, suffering 16% damage and moderate knockback. This move has a second long staring lag.

Special Moves

Neutral B – Broken Stool
An old stool appears behind Santa, which he sits on. The stool collapses under Santa’s weight, and pieces are flung on either side of him, dealing 12% damage and low knockback each. These fly about two blocks before landing. This move has second of staring and ending lag each.

Foward B – Cat in the Box Santa starts winding up a jack-in-the-box, which can take up to five seconds if you want to charge. Once the charge is finished, a black cat flies out of the box, attaching to and dealing 9-22% damage and low knockback to the first opponent in its path. This move’s range can be anywhere from hardly anything to three blocks, depending on how long it is charged. This move has a start-up lag of a second and a half.

Up B – Rudolph the Rabid Mutt An mangy, rabid dog wearing a red nose and reindeer antlers appears underneath Santa. The dog will be able to fly Santa diagonally upwards for two seconds before it drops dead. If the dog crashes into someone, it deals 12% damage and moderate knockback. The corpse deals 10% damage and low knockback. After the dog dies, Santa is put into helplessness.

Down B – Broken Tin Soldier Santa reaches into his toy bag and pulls out a toy soldier, who walks forward two blocks before exploding. The explosion causes 22% damage and high knockback. The tin soldier will turn around it bumps into a wall or is reflected. This move has a start-up lag of a second. Santa stands in place smiling while the tin soldier walks and frowns when it explodes.

FINAL SMASH – Hallucination Santa pulls out a bottle of beer and drinks it down in one swig. He becomes drunk and starts hallucinating. During his hallucination, the stage tilting, but only Santa is affected by the new altitude. He starts wobbling left and right. If you’re unlucky enough to be caught in Santa’s path, you’re dealt 16% d1mage and high knockback. Reindeer also start flying across the screen, dealing 8% damage and moderate knockback per hit. The move lasts 20 seconds.

Extras

Taunts

1. Santa pulls out a beer bottle and shakes it, only to find it’s empty. He drops it.
2. Santa reaches into his beard, finding an old cookie. He eats it immediately.
3. Santa burps. That’s it.

Victories and Loss
1. Santa lies on the ground, exhausted.
2. Santa throws an ornament at the camera, shattering the glass.
3. Santa is seen digging through a dumpster.
Loss: A trashcan is seen, and nothing else where Santa should be.

Kirby Hat Kirby wears a patched-up Santa hat. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kibble's catching up now:

Sorry that I haven't commented for so long. . .:dizzy:

If it makes you feel better, all I did for Kibble's and Mendez's movesets was just troll/ignore them when they were released, with the exceptions of Superstar Helpers and Mach Rider (Which I still trolled at first).
I can attest to this. I only got three words for Dyna Blade: "She's too big." ;)

Zero is not
not
cooler then Protoman.
I C WUT U DID THAR!! Lies, all lies.

I just read Dyna Blade, and I can say it's definitely a good entry.
For a bird you have definitely done her some justice, all I need now is to play Kirby Superstar.

Just a shame that it wasn't Female Gimp Charizard.
:laugh:
Thanks, man! I appreciate it! I did Super Gimp Charizard, too, though, as a joke. ;)

EDIT: i've seen Super Gimp charizard, one of the best joke movesets that has ever been made PERIOD!
You kidding me?! Lol, it's the only one I've ever done. Anyway, thanks! :p

I agree. Zero is not
not
cooler than Protoman.
You all and your conspiracies. We need a deciding Sandbag vote. Mendez and I agree that Proto Man > Zero, while you two insist that Zero is cooler...

K.ROOL!! WE NEED YOU!!

I hope you don't mind that Dyna Blade, KOS-MOS, and Rotom have been added to my SSE.
I don't mind at all! :)

@Sephiroth: Ooh, looks pretty good at a glance. As a neutral party in the Sephiroth debate, I have to say that I highly anticipate fully reading this 'set.

@Spyro: Now there's a character I've expected to see a bit more often in these contests. I look forward to giving this a full read as well.

@Jack Skellington: Looks cool. Naturally, I'd like to see a little more detail, but still a fun read!

@Frieza: I can't do much but echo everyone else. Looks cool, but a little more detail and more sections would be nice!

@Hobo Santa: That was either the coolest weird moveset, or the weirdest cool moveset, that I've ever seen! Awesome! :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
You all and your conspiracies. We need a deciding Sandbag vote. Mendez and I agree that Proto Man > Zero, while you two insist that Zero is cooler...

K.ROOL!! WE NEED YOU!!
Megaman X is lame. Old school is where it's at. Imma go ahead and break the tie with a vote for Proto Man.

:bee:

No comment on Hobo Santa at the moment, except to echo Kibble's sentiment. Sweet set, Baron.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Is that a problem for you?
As much as I like seeing a competent SSE, I don't enjoy the fact that its lost most of its prestige.

You write a 10+ chapter SSE and it used to be really cool.

We're getting close to 15 SSE's now.... some are going to be left unnoticed.

At any rate, I've got a story to tell with mine. I've got the epic ending(s) already planned out. I just have to make the journey there great.

Edit:
As for the Protoman vs. Zero debate....

My vote counts for over 9000. MasterWarlord's counts for over 9001. I think we have you guys beat.

Not like K. Rool's vote counts anyway. He just voted because he hates the X arc of the series. Zero, however, has his own arc in the series which is better than any other part.

Smady

Smash Master
Jesus Mc****erson Christopher - there's at least one epic moveset a day now.

Sephiroth was funking awesome. Great final smash in particular - very nice layout overall. Hobo Santa was really cool too.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I said I would go into a more thourough read and comment on movesets, so here I go!

Chef Kawasaki: This is a very fun and inventive Chef. There is alot of quirkeness in this moveset that flows well both mechanically into the characters strategy and flavorfully (pun not intended!). However, though its already been pointed out, I have a slight complaint . This character would be unviable on certain stages, namely ones that moved. That coupled with the enourmous cobination of recipies makes me alter my thinking from "What an awesome moveset! I can see something like that in brawl!" to "What an awesome moveset, but they wouldn't do something like that for brawl." Its just a personal prefrence, but I apreaciate a moveset more if I could see it being in the game (mechanically anyways). However the classic joke like plays on his tilts and smashes are wonderful and stewing soup suprises to send someone skyward is a type of character a can get behind. Great work.

Kalas: Ill say again that I had been waiting for a long time to see this guy posted! You did a great job refrencing a specific attack or magus for every attack he had while incorperating a nice interpretation of the spirit bond Kalas had, defining the character as a unique combantant. However despite that feeling of uniqueness, I find Im having trouble grasping exactly how you intended him to be played. I would really like to see a character strategy section. I currently get the impression that he is a heavily momentum based character who likes the air and is damaging racking/Ko god if he gits in sync with his spirit. Even without it, he seems quite poweful, though I don't feel Im ready to critque character balance yet. Also, out of curiousity, what made you chose what would be his specials and what would be his regular attacks? Kalas has so many flashy attacks in the game and in this moveset it feels hard to seperate them into one catagory or another. Still love it as a whole including your diligence in refrence as much of his attributes as possible!

Dyna Blade: A solid character though I can't claim to be familiar. I think for how simple the character looks you gave it a good run, and I partiuclarly enjoy the Up and Down B specials. Also, as I like a character that encourages gimping more then KOs. I can't really sa much above this moveset. It just really well rounded, thought out, and otherwise balanced (by what I can tell).

As for Sephiroth, I can say I feel he is overated as far as characters go, but I like the feel you gave him in his attacks. He feels well realized and in character, something that I like to see.

Oh, and Jack will get you glomped where I come from... alot. Cool deal on bringing him to the show. Just add color (I mean come on!I character tied to two holidays with no color in his formating? For shame!:laugh:)

Serenade, Ill comment more when I here your character is done (or did I just missed that it was finsihed?)

Anyway, Hexxus has been moving slow so far, but I plan on putting in some beaucoup overtime on him, so you may get a preview of him tonight!

-----------------
Edit

Hobo Santa! Reminds me of a parody I wrote... Nice holiday spirit. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Megaman X is lame. Old school is where it's at. Imma go ahead and break the tie with a vote for Proto Man.

:bee:
-------------------------
Congratulations!!

Objective complete!!
-------------------------

I'm satisfied. Do or say what you will now.

As far as SSEs go, I have to agree with you. I feel that we've got too many for everyone to keep track of all of them. I think everyone here's gonna end up picking and choosing a couple to read regularly. I thought about doing one briefly, but given the sheer number we've already got, I quickly put the idea aside.

@Lenus: Thanks, man! I really appreciate that.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
As much as I like seeing a competent SSE, I don't enjoy the fact that its lost most of its prestige.

You write a 10+ chapter SSE and it used to be really cool.

We're getting close to 15 SSE's now.... some are going to be left unnoticed.

At any rate, I've got a story to tell with mine. I've got the epic ending(s) already planned out. I just have to make the journey there great.

Edit:
As for the Protoman vs. Zero debate....

My vote counts for over 9000. MasterWarlord's counts for over 9001. I think we have you guys beat.

Not like K. Rool's vote counts anyway. He just voted because he hates the X arc of the series. Zero, however, has his own arc in the series which is better than any other part.

This only encourages you to make the best out of your writing skills. Of course, if everyone is writing in the same manner, you have to find a way to make yours diffeent from everyone elses. It is no different when writing and publishing books. There are millions of authors out there, and being unique is key. 15 people is virtually nothing, especially when writing an SSE. But you knew this. :laugh:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Time to work on my SSE. Expect an epic, well-designed first chapter tomorrow. Prestige or not, writing is my life and joy. It is no different with movesets.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Proto Man > Zero, stupid noobs. :laugh:
Zero's awesome armor design says otherwise. Protoman looks like a generic soldier.

Zero has his own games... can Protoman say the same? In fact, can Protoman do anything other than make minor appearances?

Protoman was a major character in Battle Network. Zero wasn't included because he was simply put, to good for it.

Probably the greatest point, Zero was originally designed to be a replacement model for Megaman.... in other words, even the developers thought that he had the potential to be the central character of the franchise.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Of course Protoman is better than Zero. Fwee hee hee.

I don't like Zero, he was designed to be adored, just like Sephiroth. Protoman probably too, but he deserves it. Mainly because his Japanese name is Blues and his theme >>>>>> Zero's music.

Smady

Smash Master
Proto Man was the original rival to the original Mega Man.

Zero wishes he was Proto Man.

oh**** Kefka. Must... resist... urge... to... make... moveset...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
How many do I get to vote for and when?
The contest will close for entries at some point (we'll give plenty of advance notice), and you'll get, uh. . .whatever the number of votes I said in the first post is.

Proto Man > Zero, stupid noobs. :laugh:
See, this man knows what he's talking about. :)

Proto Man was included in Battle Network because Battle Network featured the same setup as the original series. Hence, characters like Proto Man, Bass, and Roll were all included, as well as all the robot masters.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
How many do I get to vote for and when?
In order to vote at the end of the contest a user must have made at least 50 posts in the thread, or submitted at least 3 movesets.

Users are not allowed to vote for their own moveset(s) or Subspace Emissary story.

In voting for movesets, users have 30 votes to use, with 6 of those being “Super Votes,” which count as a double vote.*

In voting for Subspace Emissary stories, users have 3 votes to use, and only 1 is a Super Vote.*

Users should send a Private Message to one of the Sandbags with their votes, stating the movesets they wish to vote for, along with the author of the moveset, and also specifying which are Super Votes. Votes posted in the thread will not be counted. Voting for Subspace Emissary stories will be handled similarly, through Private Messages.

*These numbers are subject to change based on what the Sandbags feel is appropriate as time goes on. The numbers will be solidified by voting time, and will be emphasized in the thread by the Sandbags.
What this says^

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Of course Protoman is better than Zero. Fwee hee hee.

I don't like Zero, he was designed to be adored, just like Sephiroth. Protoman probably too, but he deserves it. Mainly because his Japanese name is Blues and his theme >>>>>> Zero's music.
Shadow was designed for that too, yet you seem to think he's the shizz.

*is a Zero fan*

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Proto Man was the original rival to the original Mega Man.

Zero wishes he was Proto Man.
What has Protoman been reduced to? Being a background hero, thats what.

Zero doesn't wish he was Protoman. He's to busy enjoying life and being with Ciel. Of course, Protoman doesn't get chicks, now does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom