• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
mine is gonna be here tomorow, tonight if i work hard enough lol. Nice pics everyone
my favorite are matts and skylers. but thats my opinion

EDIT: here's my attempt

Spire

III
BRoomer
So I've decided to take part in this contest. Here's a digital painting of a semi-realistic Yoshi:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wow, nice job Spire III! I never have really thought about Yoshi in a realistic sense. How long did it take you to do this?
Thanks man :) Over the course of a couple days, I guess a few hours? I honestly wasn't keeping track of time, nor did I possess any sense of natural time-tracking, so the term "few" may definitely fluctuate.

matt4300

Smash Ace
So I've decided to take part in this contest. Here's a digital painting of a semi-realistic Yoshi:

@_@ that is so awsome. I never thought about drawing him realisticly XD i really awt to do that on like pikachu or charizard or something...

Tamoo

Smash Master
Haha, that yoshi pic by Spire III is awesome, so is urs Matt, its gonna be hard to pick a winner out of those two, and I can imagine there are many decent entries yet to appear on this thread.

That realistic Yoshi drawing kinda reminds me of this Bowser pic:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/04/28/bowser-1.jpg

lol, i can tell this competition is gonna be a success, i look forward to following it.

I would enter but i have very little artistic talent to speak of so oh well.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I'm voting for a good pic without a completely white background.
sooooo if i add a background youll vote for me? :chuckle:

P.S dont tell spire III he would probley **** me in the back ground department >_>'

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Zook is a liar.

And Matt and I need to be linked to.
I really can't tell of you're being sarcastic or blind, because none of the links are underlined.

And you both are. Matt already was, btw.

EDIT: Finished my first submission!

Brachioshi. I have no coloring supplies, and I can't do anything with Paint. I still love him, though. Notice the Goonie.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It's hard to compete with stuff like this just using paper and a pencil (._. )
Learn to use other color media then. It's hard to compete with color with just black and white.

Computers are just a different media with a different feel to them. You can compete just as well with traditional, you just have to put more planning into it usually.

People try to make it seem like digital is "too easy" as if anyone could pick up photoshop and do it. I will say that it's way more user friendly and accepting of mistakes, but the fact is that you have to know what you are doing to do well in any media. You have to understand color, lighting, forms, and all sorts of stuff. That is universal to art and not specific to any media, and honestly if you understand those basic things you can excel with any or all mediums with a little bit of practice.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm gonna vote for spite when it comes time

Can we get an existing picture and alter it, i.e.: you make yoshi look like a payned glass window.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Some of you have some really cool drawings. Well, here's my attempt at a Yoshi drawing. I drew it with pencils...so it's hand drawn. It's a Christmas drawing, and I drew it on the sketch book I got for Christmas along with the pencils I got for Christmas. (And I drew it on Christmas...) It's filled with Christmas joy! Regardless:

Enjoy! And should I color it? (Vote if you like it! :laugh:)

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Bah, my big clumsy hands always result in much blurring... maybe I should haveve done digital...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really can't tell of you're being sarcastic or blind, because none of the links are underlined.
Why would we be seeing things that weren't there if we were blind? We'd be hallucinating.

Negi-Kun's name is underlined for whatever reason.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Why would we be seeing things that weren't there if we were blind? We'd be hallucinating.

Negi-Kun's name is underlined for whatever reason.
What can I say, I've never been the brightest guy around.

For some reason, I see his name as normal. Which skin are you using?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
What can I say, I've never been the brightest guy around.

For some reason, I see his name as normal. Which skin are you using?
Forum Default. It doesn't seem to be based off of anything. I've clicked several of the links, yet his is the only name which is underlined.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I DON'T :mad:

Nah Tom, that's pretty good

Why do you get to be good at writing and drawing? :mad:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Seeing as this is week one, and this was posted seven days ago, I'd say the deadline is today (or if it's already after midnight for you, it was yesterday).

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
Ahhhh! Hope its not too late! >.< I drew as fast as i could! fifteen minutes wow!

Top Bottom