• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I skimmed Kid Goku. Looks like a massive improvment over your MYM3 entries sundance. I loved the "code" to play as the Final Smash, definitley one of the more original extras I've ever seen.

My Christmas Present is definitley going to be done today. Should be fun.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lol thats hilarious.... you should be a phycologist. :bee:
:bee::bee::bee:

Wow, umm... I feel exactly like that. You are either a psychic or a psychiatrist.
I KNOW ALL. *cue Psycho theme*

Sundance: Wow, that's great stuff. This is lightyears ahead of Ty and The Delicious One, and excellent even by the updated standards of the contest. Congrats.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone! :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Nowhere is Marx said to be the same species as Kirby, and he doesn't really give any indication of it, either. The only character who's speculated to possibly be the same species is Meta Knight. Marx is more of just some random psychic psychopath. So he could likely transform himself into a ball if he wanted, but it's not a copy mechanism like Kirby's.

[/KirbyFanboy]
Oh. Ok, I just figured that he was, due to his spherical shape.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Best Christmas song ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOzszFIBcE&feature=related

EDIT: Goku is cool. Good job.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MERRY XMAS SMASHBOARDS & MYMERS

just in cased you missed my 2 previews, here they are:

Why are there so much awesome movesets? I mst make more movesets so people will remember my work!

Preview time:

Neutral B: Command

Animation: Undead Hero stands in one place, looking upwards while holding his sword with both hands, and a thought bubble appears above his head. Anyone who has played "Guardian Heroes" will know that in the story mode, Samuel Han, Randy M. Green, Ginjirou Ibushi, Nicole Neil or Serena Corsair does this motion FOR Undead Hero, not doing it himself. In the game, these were the commands (you will see how these commands will adapt into smash bros):

• Follow - The Undead Hero walks behind the players, attacking anything that gets too close.
  • Wait - the Hero follows the players but does not fight.
  • Attack - The Hero moves on his own, attacking all enemies.
  • Defend - The Hero walks ahead, attacking any enemy that attacks the player
  • Berserk - The Undead Hero goes all out, attacking everything with waves of fire from his sword, before finally unleashing his Genocide Crush, a tremendous screen-clearing blast of energy.

You will start at the follow command, and you scroll through left to right while holding down the B button L or R, when you release the button, it will choose the command you selected. Hold down on the analogy stick down to exit the commands menu. You cannot do this in the air, and it doesn't end automatically.

Only Berserk mode has a special animation, which looks like this and flashes red constantly, and shouts "RWAAAAARRRR":

Properties:

Follow - Undead hero walks/runs quicker by 1.2 times faster, and this effect lasts for 10 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 12 seconds after you first pressed the command button (2 seconds after the effects).

Wait - Undead Hero has super armour frames for the beginning 1.4 seconds, and he has less stun time than before, this effect lasts for 10 seconds, and you can not use the command special for 15 seconds after you first used the command.

Attack - Undead hero becomes 1.35 times stronger than before. This effect lasts for 9.5 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 17 seconds after you first used the command.

Defend -Undead hero becomes 1.35 times more heavier than before. This effect lasts for 9.5 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 17 seconds after you first used the command.

all above commands have a small amount of ending lag.

Berserk - Undead hero has all the same effects as the above commands, but becomes 1.4 times stronger at those areas than whatever number the above commands were. Undead hero stays at this state for 13 seconds, but you can not use this for 30 seconds after you first used the command. This has more ending lag than the other commands (due to saying "RWAAAR")

Uses: You will be wanting to use this move at every opportunity you have, but be careful though, as the longer your thinking of which command you want to use, the more likely you will get punished for it, so you have to think about which command you want to use, and quickly press the L/R button to get to the command. A very, very useful move, but punishable if you are slow at picking your commands!

@Spadefox:

TAILS DOLL DOODLE: http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t346/dancingfrogman/untitled-1.jpg

ROBUTTNIK: http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t346/dancingfrogman/untitled-2.jpg
Another Preview!

Down-B: Magic Count

Animation: Undead Hero starts crouching down with its arms in its chest, and blue light is seen going towards Undead Hero. During this, Undead Hero is also flashing light blue as well. Use this move when you are under the magic total (A little purple bar with numbers on is seen underneath Undeads health percentage)

Properties:The magic which Undead has is an maxinum of 250. Each move which uses some magic in will have a different number which uses up the magic count. When Undead Hero has no magic left, it takes about 3 seconds to fully refill the magic back to the total amount. This can be used in the air. This has small amount of start-up lag and ending lag. The magic total resets when Undead Hero loses a Life.

Uses:Well, you will need the magic, as a good number of moves will become much weaker than it is with magic. You will have to look at the magic total, and judge when to use this so you will not be punished for using it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I LOVE how the thread only moves slowly when I want to post something.

@Frogman: That is an awesome netural special, but I'm a little confused as to what the down special does. Is it just a way to view how much magic you have?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
And to restore the magic back to full again (to use moves with fire, electricity etc). Did I miss that out? A purple magic bar will be underneath the percentage of Undead hero!
Meh, maybe it's just worded wierdly. But I don't see it saying in the properties section that it refills magic. It hints at hit, but doesn't outright say it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
On-topic Christmas comment:

So I'm playing "Star Wars: Lightsaber duels". And I pick Grievious. Guess what? His move set is so generic compared to my version of him. He barley uses his four arms in cool ways, it's just "I've got 4 instead of 2 LOL". Though he does use my side-special. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I won't do it for you, but he will be given justice. He is a joke moveset, so don't expect it to include any seriousness as I have included in my previous entries. It's not at all bad considering he is a Simpsons character anyway
Wait, you're doing Duffman? LOL, I was contemplating him for MYM5.:laugh: Though mine would have been more "serious".

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
On-topic Christmas comment:

So I'm playing "Star Wars: Lightsaber duels". And I pick Grievious. Guess what? His move set is so generic compared to my version of him. He barley uses his four arms in cool ways, it's just "I've got 4 instead of 2 LOL". Though he does use my side-special. :bee:

I think we're all forever going to think of fighting games differently after all this moveset-making. It's really pretty funny.

SURPRISE SOON!

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Sooo I was grounded for 1 and a 1/2 weeks...

AND THIS IS WHAT YOU COME BACK WITH?
And wth is with the mispelled Bob Saget search bar?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

---DAROACH---

Game of Origin: Kirby Squeak Squad

Daroach is an anthropormic mouse who is the leader of the Squeaks, a gang (more like army) of intergalactic thieves, all of which are mice. He comes to Kirby’s world in order to get a legendary treasure and ends up stealing Kirby’s cake in the process, which pretty much starts the Armageddon of Pop-star. At the end of the ordeal, he has a change of heart, and apologizes to Kirby…by giving him more cake. Daroach fights in with those massive claws of his, as well as ice magic assisted by a magic wand, and he also has his own stash of bombs concealed in his cape.

---OVERVIEW---​

Daroach’s most basic attribute would be his slight leaning towards power over speed. While he can deal good damage, he has slight trouble landing some moves, and the quicker ones coming out tend to have punishable end lag. His two best strengths are his good bevy of ranged moves as well as using his minions to assist him with otherwise low-tier attacks.

---STATS---​

Movement Speed: 5/10
Traction: 6/10
Attack Speed: 4/10
Attack Strength: 6/10
Range: 8/10 (melee attacks have decent range but what makes Daroach shine in this category is his nice selection of projectile style moves)
Priority: 4/10 (while he has a decent amount of disjointed moves, the ones that aren’t tend to be below average if not bad)
Weight: More or less middle of the road
Jump Strength: 8/10
Second Jump Strength: 4/10 (for some reason once he’s already in the air he can’t lift himself very well)
Fall Speed: 5/10
Size: While Daroach is quite big compared to Kirby in Squeak Squad, it would rather weird in Brawl to see a mouse the size of Bowser. While he’s still larger than Kirby, he isn’t quite as big as the heavyweights.

---SQUEAKERS---​

With Daroach’s Down Special, he summons a little mouse-like creature known as a Squeaker, that’s about the size of Olimar. These are his most common henchmen as he scours the galaxy for treasure. Here is a pic of it in its four colors:

Now, just what happens when he successfully summons a squeaker? These critters will usually stay in place not really doing anything. However, with some of Daroach’s own attacks, the squeaker will also attack at the same time as its master. They have their own limited move set that will be brought up when applicable. Additionally, some of Daroach’s attacks are affected when performed near a squeaker. So show your leadership prowess and you will be rewarded. There can be only one squeaker on the field at a time per Daroach, with the color of the squeaker being determined through player number.

Additional info on Squeakers can be found in Daroach’s actual Down Special description.

Note: Squeaker attacks are written in yellow type. Affects on Daroach’s own moves are named in blue type

---

PROS
Above average power and damaging capabilities
Good projectile game
Nice amount of disjointed moves
Squeakers provide assistance in battle through distractions or “powering up” one of Daroach’s moves.

CONS
Below average attack speed
Non disjointed moves tend to have worse than average priority
Bad recovery
Squeakers are rather bad on their own
Some of Daroach’s moves require a squeaker to be useful
Daroach’s bomb attacks can harm himself

---MOVE SET---​

STANDARD ATTACKS

A: “Scratch Assault”: Daroach rapidly slashes forwards with one claw. He keeps slashing for as long as you hold A, not tap. If you just tap it once, he slashes 4 times. Each slash deals 1% and just hitstun so the next one will hit until your enemy DIs out, though Daroach slashes very fast, like Grey Fox’s sword slashes. All slashes have below average priority.

AA: “Slash Finish”: Now here’s something you don’t see every day, a normal hit coming after an A infinite. If you tap A during Scratch Assault, Daroach does one final slash that has a special little “scratch marks” graphical effect to signify he did this one. This final slash deals 3% and below average knockback. It has average priority.

>A: “Backwards Shot”: Daroach points his wand forwards and fires a small beam of ice out of it. For some reason, it travels a very short distance forwards before curving around and going behind Daroach and short distance in that direction. This means that the move has poor frontal range but decent range backwards. He fires the beam for .7 seconds, and anyone hit by it takes 8% and below average knockback. The beam is disjointed. Below average startup lag with average end lag

Squeaker >A: As Daroach fires his strange beam, the squeaker will perform a quick forwards diving attack that goes 1/5 of Battlefield. It has average priority and deals 4% with low knockback

VA: “Bouncing Snowflakes”: Daroach spins his wand low to the ground in front of himself. While the wand itself does nothing, it fires 4 small snowflakes forwards that are affected by gravity like Mario’s fireballs and last as long. The snowflakes have abysmal priority but deal 3% each with slight hit stun so the next one can hit. Below average startup lag with below average end lag.

Squeaker VA: The squeaker will spin around in place for a moment as Daroach fires the snowflakes. It has good priority but deals no damage or knockback, it just holds the enemy in place from inescapable hitstun. It lasts until the end lag begins on Daroach’s VA.

^A: “I Tip My Hat to You”: Daroach picks his hat off of his head with one claw and quickly swings it somewhat downwards. His hat is a disjointed hit box, and it deals 7% with set average knockback. While this seems rather useless, when he takes off his hat, he reveals a bomb resting on his head with the fuse burning. Daroach chuckles with an evil grin, and after .9 seconds, the bomb explodes into a medium-sized explosion. It deals 14% and good knockback to enemies struck by it, but Daroach also takes 8% and above average knockback as well. While the move has practically no startup lag since he instantly takes off his hat and it is part of the attack, it is still rather difficult to hit with the bomb since it hits above Daroach and there is some time in between the hat swing and the bomb detonation. There is also technically no end lag since Daroach ends up taking damage as well at the end of the move, but he still receives hit stun from the explosion.

Dash Attack: “Toe Punt”: A rather simple attack in appearance. Daroach kicks out one foot as though he’s punting a football (American football for those outside of the US). If he connects, he deals 7% and below average knockback. The kick has low priority. Not much startup lag but above average end lag for some reason. Is there any point in using this move…?

Dash Attack on a Squeaker: If Daroach hits a squeaker with the punt, he will actually punt it, sending it flying on an upwards angle at a good speed as far as 1/3 of battlefield horizontally and high enough to land on the middle platforms. The squeaker has good priority and deals 10% with above average knockback if this connects. However, this also KOs the squeaker, so consider that before doing this.

SMASH ATTACKS

FSmash: “Cloak Strike”: Daroach swings his cape forwards as if he was performing Galaxia Darkness. While Daroach doesn’t swish it completely over his shoulder, it still has decent range. If he strikes a foe with the cape, he knocks them towards his body for no damage, but this has average priority. He can only harm one enemy, whoever’s closest. If he connects, you have a moment to perform the actual damaging part of the attack by pressing A. Daroach will quickly slash outwards with the same claw that initially swung his cape forwards, causing it to swish back into position as his enemy takes 10% (20% charged) and above average knockback forwards on a low trajectory. You may only do the damaging strike if you connect with the initial cape swing. This move has below average startup lag but above average end lag if you miss or don’t activate the second hit in time, as Daroach holds his cape in place for a moment, looking much like a vampire in this pose.

FSmash on a squeaker: If Daroach hits a squeaker with the cape swing, he then holds his cape over it for a moment, and when he pulls it back the squeaker is seen holding a small bomb with its ears. After 2 seconds (Daroach can move immediately after the squeaker is armed BYW) the squeaker will throw the bomb forwards on a low trajectory, and its miniscule explosion deals 6% and low knockback.

DSmash: “Cold Blade”: Daroach turns to face the camera and he spreads his “arms” (he doesn’t really have arms or legs, his paws float on their own lol) and scratches rapidly on each side of his body (so the left claw scratches to the left and the right one goes to the right. Simple, yes?) His claws emit a slight ice effect. He scratches about 10 times with both claws, and each scratch deals 1% with the final one dealing above average knockback. There is a 4% chance to freeze your foe instead, with the chance increasing as you charge the move, up to a nice 25% chance, but note that only the final hit can deal the freezing. Average startup lag with low end lag.

USmash: “We Have Liftoff”: Daroach charges up icy energy on one claw before firing it straight into the ground beneath him. He slowly rises as he fires, going just high enough to land on Battlefield’s middle platforms before he stops. It takes 1 second for him to finish firing. The icy beam is very thin and only hits directly underneath Daroach, but you manage to connect it deals 16% (25% charged) and high knockback. The beam also creates small blue shockwaves that emit a short distance outwards in both directions from the ground. 6 in total are created, and each one can deal set 9% and average knockback. These are what you’ll usually connect with. Above average startup lag but thankfully low end lag. Both the beam and the shockwaves are disjointed.

Squeaker USmash: While Daroach is charging up his lazah, the squeaker pulls out a suction device with its ears. Once Daroach begins firing the beam, the Squeaker activates the device, pulling enemies closer to itself who are within one Bowsers distance. This does no damage, hit stun, or knockback, enemies are just pulled in towards the squeaker like wind.

AERIAL ATTACKS

Nair: “Mist Shield”: Daroach begins concentrating as a blue icy mist begins to emit from him that travels out about half jigglypuff’s thickness away from his body in all directions. Enemies struck by it take 2% a hit for up to 4 hits with the last hit dealing low knockback. If you connect with all four hits, the enemy is frozen. This can be difficult since the move has average startup lag, but it doesn’t really have any end lag, allowing you to attack your helpless frozen foe. The mist is disjointed but projectiles can pierce through it.

Fair: “Poke n’ Slash”: Daroach thrust his wand forwards, holding it halfway. The wand is disjointed and deals 4% with just hit stun. When you press A again, He slashes with the free claw, and this deals 6% and average knockback, and the slash has low priority. Low startup lag with below average end lag.

Squeaker Fair: As Daroach attacks with his wand, the squeaker will hop upwards as far as a double jumping Mario and then come crashing back down to the ground. It only harms foes as it comes back down, and it deals 6% with average downwards knockback. It has good priority.

Bair: “Present For You”: Daroach turns around and holds out a claw with a small bomb resting in it. After 1 second, the bomb explodes in a medium-sized blast, and anyone hit by it (which would include Daroach) take 10% and above average knockback. Before the bomb goes off, you may press A for Daroach to cut the fuse with his other claw to stop the bomb from going off, and then Daroach will drop the bomb to the ground. When it lands, it can be picked up and thrown like an item, and when it hits something, now it will explode in the same fashion as before. Low startup lag to take the bomb out, with no real end lag if Daroach lets the bomb go off in his hand since he’s taking damage, with below average end lag id he cuts the fuse. Note that Daroach remains turned around when the move ends.

Uair: “A Small Price to Pay”: Daroach takes out a treasure chest and holds it above his head. Once he does this, you may rapidly tap A for Daroach to shake the chest, and you can hear jingling inside of it. When you press B, Daroach will quickly give it a bigger shake to flip open the chest, causing anywhere from 5 to 20 small coins to fly out depending on how much you tapped A, up to 25 for a full charge, and any taps after that are just gonna tire out your fingers. The coins don’t go very far before disappearing, about as far as Mario is tall, and they each have low priority and only deal 1% each with slight hit stun, but good luck getting through a full swarm of these things. Daroach will not end the move if he lands on the ground, it only ends after he releases the coins or he is hit beforehand. Average startup and end lag.

Dair: “Bombs Away”: Daroach grabs his cape with both claws and pulls it around over his body. After a moment, he then swings it back into position as one of his infamous bombs comes flying out, falling towards the ground at a sharp angle. When it hits something, it makes a small explosion that deals 8% with average knockback, and Daroach can potentially hurt himself if he’s not careful. Average startup lag and end lag.

Now, if you enter the input like a Smash Attack, he instead releases a larger, red bomb, that won’t explode on contact and will merely deal 6% and average knockback to anyone it hits while dropping. If lands on solid ground, its timer starts (that you can’t see), and after 4 seconds, the bomb erupts in a massive column of fire as thick as Dedede and as tall as two Ikes. It deals 14% with good knockback, but Daroach himself can be harmed by the explosion as well, so think twice before abusing it! As a final note, the large bomb cannot be picked up.

Dair on a Squeaker: If the squeaker is hit by the small bomb, it will hold it for a moment before throwing it forwards on a low trajectory about ½ of battlefield. Damage of the bomb explosion remains the same.

SPECIAL MOVES

B: “Bomb Freeze”: Daroach pulls out a bomb with one claw and his wand with another. He then shoots the bomb with a blast of ice from his wand before putting both back into his cape. If he completes this animation (which takes .8 seconds), the next bomb attack he uses will have a changed property. Instead of dealing knockback, the bomb will explode in a blast of ice, freezing those hit by it (still including Daroach). The damage will not change. The bomb will have a blue tint to signify that it is the special frozen kind. The large bomb from his Dair will not be affected by this. Once the move animation is complete, Daroach may move again. There is no point to doing this move multiple times before using a bomb move.

>B: “Super Ice Beam”: Daroach holds up a claw as ice energy starts to gather in it. After 1.2 seconds pass, Daroach lowers his claw as icy mist starts to emit from his body. The next time you input for this move, Daroach raises his claw again but only for .4 seconds before firing a thick beam of ice from his claw as he points it forwards. The beam is disjointed and fires for 2 seconds, dealing 5% a second with no special knockback on the final hit. The beam travels as far as the main platform if Battlefield. After attempting to fire the beam, interrupted or not, Daroach will once again have to prepare the beam first, and as you expect this goes in a cycle every time you want to use the move. Daroach may not cancel the initial charge, he has to perform the entire 1.2 seconds uninterrupted to get the right to use the beam.

B: “Teleport Sneak”: Daroach phases off the screen, and then he reappears one second later. While he is off the screen, you may “move” him around with the control stick, though he can’t be seen, not even the player indicator, which can make it hard for even the Daroach player to control his recovery. Additionally, he goes rather slowly during it, just slightly farther than a Fire Fox if you move in one direction. The move does no damage whatsoever, and it has average startup lag. Really, the only saving graces of this move are that Daroach can’t be harmed while he’s teleporting and that there isn’t a lot of end lag when he lands. Still, this is a very punishable recovery.

VB: “Squeaker Summon”: Daroach waves points a claw forwards as if ordering troops to move out. After a moment, a squeaker will appear, phasing onto the screen like Daroach’s Tele-Sneak. Once this happens, congratulations, you officially have a squeaker at the ready for all those yellow and blue attacks you’ve been reading!

A squeaker has only 10 HP and takes hit stun and knockback from attacks, and it doesn’t have any midair jumps to help himself recover. Of course, these things are an expendable resource anyways, so the moment one dies, you can immediately summon another. It takes 1 second for the summon to finish, so plan ahead before trying it.

Squeaker VB: If you input for this move when you already have a squeaker out on the field, Daroach will not attempt to summon another. Instead, when he makes the motion for the summoning, the squeaker will get a “!” over its head and start hopping along the ground at a good clip to get to its master’s location. It still can’t jump, so if Daroach is in the air it will just go to his x-coordinate, and if Daroach is across a chasm the squeaker will just stop at the edge.

GRABS

Grab Animation: Daroach whips his wand in front of himself, and if he hits the foe they are frozen solid. Not in a block of ice, mind you, frozen like they were hit by one of Sub-Zero’s freezing moves in Mortal Kombat. Daroach then pulls his cape over his side. From this point, instead of pressing the control stick to throw, you have to press one of three buttons to perform a “throw” move.

Throw A: “Ice Sculpture”: Daroach flings his cape back as he goes to town slashing at his frozen foe with both claws, doing the cartoony “showing up in a million places at once” deal as he’s working on his opponent. This lasts for 2 seconds, and during this time you must mash A to deal more hits, each one dealing 1%. At the end Daroach does a final hit regardless of how many time you pressed A that deals below average knockback and no damage, and Daroach will always end the move in the same location as when he begun. As a neat little Easter egg, when the foe is knocked away, the ice that covered the foe is turned into an ice sculpture of the enemy’s franchise logo, being more finished the more you tapped A. It takes 13 slashes to get the 100% finished product (since you only have 2 seconds to do it in). The ice sculpture does nothing, it shatters at the slightest touch, though you could always use it for cool snapshots.

Throw B: “Bombs? You Want it?”: Daroach swishes back his cape as he is revealed to be holding one of his trademark bombs. He then sticks it to the opponent (I guess it just sticks to the ice) and he looks at his foe’s predicament with a wry smile. After 2 seconds, the bomb explodes, dealing 10% and above average knockback to the enemy and Daroach is not hit. However, once he places the bomb on the foe, their “break-free” counter can once again decrease, so it’s possible for the foe to break free of the “throw” before the bomb goes off, in which case it defuses and disappears.

Throw Shield: “Take Him Away”: As you could guess from the yellow name, this move requires a squeaker to be used. If a squeaker is around and would be able to reach Daroach with the VB calling, Daroach will motion for it to come, and it will hop over to the enemy and drag it away from Daroach using a metal chain it hold with its ears. When it reaches the end of a platform, it will whip the chain and fling the enemy off the edge for 8% and above average knockback. However, while the enemy is being dragged away, they may still try to escape, and if they do, the squeaker is stunned for a moment as the chain flies off the opponent and smacks it in the face.

OTHER ATTACKS

Get-up Attack (front): “Low Pokes”: While he’s still lying down, Daroach will quickly move his hands out to get them in front of his face as he rapidly slashes at the ground 6 times. Each hit does 1% with slight hit stun with the final hit dealing low knockback to get the enemy away from Daroach as he quickly hops back up to get himself standing upright. Each slash has below average priority.

Get-up Attack (back): “I’m Taking You With Me”: Daroach pulls out a bomb from inside of his cape and he holds it up, but the fuse isn’t lit! Huh? If the bomb is hit with any attack, it explodes, dealing 12% and above average knockback to Daroach for sure and the enemy if they’re close enough (i.e. not detonating it with a projectile). Daroach holds out the bomb for 1 second before tucking it back into those millions of secret compartments in his cape and he stands back up.

Ledge Attack <100%: “Claw Flip”: Daroach digs his claws into the ledge and he swings forwards for a moment before swinging back, using the momentum to flip him all the way onto solid ground. His feet are the hit box, and they deal 9% with average knockback but have low priority.

Ledge Attack 100%: “Magic Trick”: Daroach makes a pencil disappear slowly climbs back halfway onto the stage, and then he pulls out his wand while still holding onto the stage with his other claw. He points it forwards and he fires a small star out of it that travels up to 1/3 of Battlefield forwards. If the star hits an item, it flies towards him, and he quickly jumps back to solid ground and grabs the item when it reaches him. If it hits an enemy, they simply take 6% and below average knockback. The star has low priority.

---FINAL SMASH: SQUEAK SQUAD---​

Daroach has decided to bring out the big guns (well okay, he IS the big guns, second largest then). He raises a claw into the air for a moment before thrusting it forwards as it makes a dramatic glint in the sunlight (or moonlight, whichever applies). He then teleports off the screen as the other high ranking Squeaks arrive! !This song plays throughout the duration of the final smash.

All of the squeaks function like Assist Trophies, moving about the landscape and attacking nearby foes and are all invincible. While they normally are controlled by a computer, you may press VB to directly play as one, and it cycles between the three in the order I’m introducing them. So without further ado, here’s the Squeak Squad!

SPINNI

Spinni appears on the stage in a puff of ninja smoke. She (yes, that’s a she) is the most agile of the Squeak Squad. She runs about the stage as fast as Meta Knight, and her attacks are weak but fast. She can double jump, wall cling and wall jump. Both of her attacks can be done in the air as well as the ground.

A: “Hidden Claw”: Spinni quickly strikes with a metal claw attached to her right hand. This move has low lag on both ends and deals 5% with below average knockback. If performed by the player and the squeaker is present, it will perform the Squeaker >A.

B: “Shuriken”: Spinni throws a shuriken that travels as far as battlefield and as fast as Fox’s Blaster. It deals 1% with no knockback or hit stun but Spinni can keep chucking these as fast as you can tap B.

STORO

Storo falls down from the sky belly first, and anyone he hits as he’s falling take 20% and high knockback. He is of course the slow strong member, and he completely embodies it. He walks very slowly around, only has one poor jump (though it’s one of his attacks), and can’t really do anything else.

A or B: “Hammah Slammah”: Storo takes out his trusty hammer and slams it hard on the ground. This is the equivalent of performing Dedede’s fully charged FSmash and as you’d expect is very slow. Storo cannot use this in the air. If Storo hits the ground with his hammer within one Mario of the squeaker, it will be sent flying ½ of battlefield in that direction, and it will deal 12% and good knockback to whoever gets in its way.

Jump: Storo’s jump is in fact an attack. He will do a really cruddy hop forwards, barley being able to move his massive bulk. Anyone who gets in his way takes 20% and high knockback.

DOC

Doc phases onto the screen inside his UFO. He can fly around in all directions using the control stick, and his craft moves at an average speed.

A: “Bombing Run”: The bottom of Doc’s UFO opens up as a small bomb drops from it. For all intents and purposes, it’s pretty much just like the one in Daroach’s own Dair. The squeaker can even catch it and use the bomb like in the Dair’s squeaker effect.

B: “Poison Gas”: Now the front of Doc’s UFO opens up and it fires a small purple cloud of poison that travels 1/5 of battlefield forwards. Anyone hit by it takes 8% poison damage over 2 seconds. The move has below average lag on both ends.

The final smash lasts for 18 seconds or until you manage to SD all three squeaks when you’re controlling them, whichever comes first. Then the Squeak Squad disappears and Daroach phases back onto the screen in the exact spot he left it from.

---STRATEGY GUIDE---

As you’d probably guess from reading the move set, Daroach likes to spend a good amount of time at range, using his selection of projectiles or similar moves to strike at his opponent while being safe from harm. VA, Dair, and Super Ice Beam all count for this. Unfortunately, each move has something that prevents Daroach from outright camping his opponent, such as VA’s poor priority, so you’ll need to mix it up between the three to keep up your ranged offense. The defused Bair may also suffice, but I’d recommend you short hop it so that you have a high chance of grabbing the bomb yourself. Long range is also the perfect chance to try and set up a frozen bomb if you wish.

When you do fight in close, Daroach’s speed puts him at a slight disadvantage, but he certainly isn’t unbearably slow like Ganondorf. VA is still a usable choice at this range and a good damager, and short hopped Fairs will also serve you nicely. >A should be used when you’re facing away from your opponent, since it has better range behind Daroach. FSmash, could actually be used as a damage racker since it has below average startup. Really, the great thing about Daroach is that he doesn’t have many REALLY slow moves, so if you can consistently hit with one, chances are, you can probably hit with others as well. As a final note, be sure to experiment with Daroach’s unique grab game. It isn’t for everyone, but if you like it, great!

Now, I believe it is only fair that I talk about those darn squeakers that you’ve been reading about throughout the move set. Daroach should be always looking for a good opportunity to summon one of these (or call the squeaker to a more favorable position). While he shouldn’t forgo KO chances just to get out one, this should certainly be a high priority action, especially since they can greatly enhance Daroach’s options while they last. For example, the shots in his VA have absolutely terrible priority, but the squeaker’s VA has good priority and traps foes. See where I’m going with this? Another great example of Squeaker’s making moves more useful is through Daroach’s dash attack. It really isn’t worth using unless you do it to that little minion of yours, in which case this move becomes a ranged KO option. In the cases of FSmash and Dair, those are simply good mind games or set ups for other attacks.

When it comes time for KOing, Daroach of course has more ways than the average Brawler since he’s somewhat of a power character. FSmash is as good for KOing as it is for damage racking, but of course if you want to use it for KOs then you’d better save it to avoid stale move negation. DSmash is another respectable choice, hitting to both side, but USmash sadly may be too slow and too narrow a hit box for it to work in most cases, unless of course you’ve got a squeaker handy. All of his bomb attacks are viable for this, but alas, Daroach ends up hurting himself a lot with these moves as well, so be sure to take that into account before trying to blow $#17 up.

When you want to recover, I’ll just say you’re pretty much screwed. Daroach has a below average midair jump and a rather bad recovery move since it deals no damage and barely has anymore range than a Fire Fox, so you basically have to pray that you won’t need to sweet spot the edge in order to live.

---OTHER---​

Idle: Daroach floats just off the ground holding onto the front of his hat with one claw.
Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Daroach’s hat. For his copy-move, Kirby will spit out a frozen bomb at a low trajectory that deals 8% and of course freezes opponents.
Credits theme: Squeak Squad Theme Brawl Remix

SPECIAL ANIMATIONS

Entrance: Daroach teleports onto the stage and tips his hat slightly
Taunt1: Daroach spins his wand around a bit in front of him
Taunt2: Daroach chuckles evilly
Taunt3: Daroach pulls out a bomb but puts out the fuse with his other claw before putting it back
Squeaker Taunt: The squeaker will hop around in place while squeaking. About time there was a point to this stupid name Daroach gave to his group!
Win1: Daroach Throws his cape over his shoulder and goes “Hmph!”
Win2: Daroach takes out a bomb and throws it behind himself. The bomb blows up and scatters the losers as Daroach gets a wry smile on his face.
Win3: Daroach is seen in front of a treasure chest and he has an excited look on his face. He opens it up and pulls out a copy of Super Smash Bros…Melee?
Loose: Daroach claps while icy mist emits from his claws

SNAKE CODEC

Snake: Colonel, I’m fighting what appears to be a large rat.
Colonel: You mean Daroach? He’s the leader of an intergalactic gang of thieves known as the Squeaks. He has powerful ice magic as well as a bunch of bombs hidden in his cloak. Take caution when fighting this guy.
Snake: Squeaks? Oh, I get it, because mice squeak, and he’s a mouse. How clever.
Colonel: It’s not just him, the entire group is composed of mice. The weakest henchmen are even called squeakers.
Snake: So what are the higher-ups called?
Colonel: He has a special trio of minions that he uses to safeguard his most precious treasures. They’re called the Squeak Squad.
Snake: I really hate this guy.
Colonel: Nah, despite being a thief, he’s got a good side. He voluntarily apologized to Kirby after stealing his cake.
Snake: Cake? CAKE?!

UNLOCK INFO

How to unlock: Complete classic mode using The Squeak Squad
Unlock Message: “Daroach, the intergalactic thief, has joined the Brawl!”

TROPHIES

Daroach (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) The leader of a group of thieves known as The Squeaks. He wields bombs and ice magic with his mighty wand. He came to pop star in order to acquire a legendary treasure and ended up nearly destroying the planet in the process.
Squeak Squad (Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii) Daroach’s final smash. He summons his most powerful minions to do the dirty work for him. They normally fight using AI but can be controlled by the player as well.
Spinni (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) The speed of the Squeak Squad. She is incredibly agile and practices various ninja arts such as the ever popular shuriken
Storo (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) The brawn of the Squeak Squad. He is rather slow both physically and mentally, but he makes up for it with a massive hammer that could crush your skull if this game weren’t E10.
Doc (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) The brains of the Squeak Squad. He is weak on his own but uses a hover craft to propel him around the landscape at high speeds In search of treasure. He also uses massive mechs to battle Kirby with.
Squeakers (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) Daroach’s weakest henchman. These mouse-like creatures are extremely to destroy but there are a lot of them. In Brawl, Daroach has no qualms with abusing his servants to win, such as punting them at enemies.
Dark Nebula (Kirby Squeak Squad - DS) The ruler of the underworld who was sealed away in an old chest. Daroach accidently ends up freeing him, but thankfully Kirby saves the day and destroys Dark Nebula in a pathetically easy boss fight.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
KEKEKEKEKEKE!

Good stuff! I only read about half the attacks, but it seems very, very solid and creative. You caught me by surprise with this one, indeed - I really should have made the connection, but I simply didn't.

I'm loving the simplicity of the Squeaker mechanic, and also that the other Squeaks are the Final Smash - makes a neat parallel to my Squeaks' Final Smash being Daroach. :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Yay, another Kirby character. I love this one, HR. The Squeaker mechanic is nice, I like the way it affects his attacks. I also like the two YouTube Poop references. The throw button thing is also unique.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
KEKEKEKEKEKE!

Good stuff! I only read about half the attacks, but it seems very, very solid and creative. You caught me by surprise with this one, indeed - I really should have made the connection, but I simply didn't.

I'm loving the simplicity of the Squeaker mechanic, and also that the other Squeaks are the Final Smash - makes a neat parallel to my Squeaks' Final Smash being Daroach. :bee:
There's an even better referance to your move set in the Unlock Method.;)

Yay, another Kirby character. I love this one, HR. The Squeaker mechanic is nice, I like the way it affects his attacks. I also like the two YouTube Poop references. The throw button thing is also unique.
Wait, there's two? LOL, I know of the B Throw, but if there's a second it was unintentional.

Glad to see my present's been well recieved, especially since this guy has in a way been in the works since MYM3.:)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Daroach looks cool, it reminds me of the Squeak Squad from last contest.

And Bob Seger would be epic win.

So would this Bob.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Wait, you're doing Duffman? LOL, I was contemplating him for MYM5.:laugh: Though mine would have been more "serious".

I meant not serious in a way where it's like "He will bring forth a great might with his fist" but more like "Duffman Can't BREATHE! Oh noooo!"

But no it will be a moveset for sure, it just won't have that elegant essence like my others. Get it?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
"Bombs, you want it?" CD-i Zelda
"Take him away!" CD-i Zelda (the King)
"Take him away" was more of a generic title to go with the move, though I'm not gonna complain if it inadverdantly brought some laughs.:chuckle:

And lol at three posts in a row quoting me.

Merry Christmas to everyone, I'm off to play Sonic Unleashed and Castlevania Judgment!

D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas indeed. I got a CD copy of The Who: Live at Reeds, a 1950-2002 history of rock that quotes Rick Astley, and a Fender Stratocaster.

That's really all that's worth metioning, other than a bag of dark chocolate. Eveything else I got was either a gift card or clothes.

Back OT, Chapter 4 of The Return to Gamelon should be up tomorrow.

And Bob Seger would be epic, even though I only know three songs.

Smady

Smash Master
**** yes! Defeated Hades in FFIX - the second strongest boss in the game - with a team of noobs and little preparation, I've never done it before, or even found him. Haha, awesome. Garland's addition to this thread will be my sacrifice to the FFIX gods for this reward, and it shall be soon-ish. :chuckle:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Make that moveset and you die.

Really, he shouldn't have won -.-

Ugh, fine, make it, if you want
I'm not making him, he's an Assist Trophy for my upcoming Ken moveset.

If someone else made him, he'd be epic win. He was deserving as a winner, but I still wish Ken had won. Of course.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I'm not making him, he's an Assist Trophy for my upcoming Ken moveset.

If someone else made him, he'd be epic win. He was deserving as a winner, but I still wish Ken had won. Of course.
Hehe, Ken's new hairdo is creepy.

Alright, good, no moveset, just AT.
Someone make a Sugar moveset.

Anyways...

I think I might tl;dr Daroach.
I'm too busy playing Chrono Trigger.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hehe, Ken's new hairdo is creepy.

Alright, good, no moveset, just AT.
Someone make a Sugar moveset.

Anyways...

I think I might tl;dr Daroach.
I'm too busy playing Chrono Trigger.
As a playable character, Bob would be a R.O.B. clone. He makes his own items. :bee:

Smady

Smash Master
I worry for Garland, being that he's not a Nintendo character, quite obscure and not at all cutesey; he's rather serious, in fact. I bet I'll get plenty of 'tl;dr's. :(

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
**** yes! Defeated Hades in FFIX - the second strongest boss in the game - with a team of noobs and little preparation, I've never done it before, or even found him. Haha, awesome. Garland's addition to this thread will be my sacrifice to the FFIX gods for this reward, and it shall be soon-ish. :chuckle:
How DARE you guys ignore this? This is no easy feat. Ozma was killer but Hades was time pressuring. And Chrono Trigger was ok in my unchanging opinion. It was more epic to those who arent rpg adepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom